Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sir Bruce Forsyth: TV legend dies aged 89

They die in threes. Who's next?

Sir Bruce Forsyth, the veteran entertainer and presenter of many successful TV shows, has died aged 89.

The former Strictly Come Dancing presenter had been unwell for some time and was in hospital earlier this year after a severe chest infection.

His long career in showbusiness began when he was aged just 14.

He became Britain's best-paid TV star, famous for hosting game shows like The Generation Game, Play Your Cards Right and The Price is Right.

He also presented BBC One's Strictly with Tess Daly from 2004 to 2014.

A statement from his manager, Ian Wilson, said: "It is with great sadness that the Forsyth family announce that Sir Bruce passed away this afternoon, peacefully at his home surrounded by his wife Wilnelia and all his children.

"A couple of weeks ago, a friend visited him and asked him what he had been doing these last 18 months.

"With a twinkle in his eye, he responded 'I've been very, very busy... being ill!'"

Sir Bruce's family expressed their thanks to "the many people who have sent cards and letters to Bruce wishing him well over his long illness and know that they will share in part, the great, great loss they feel".

They said there would be no further comment at the moment and asked for their privacy to be respected "at this most difficult time".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2018 11:09 AM

Secret love.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2017 4:38 PM

Uh oh.

He was in Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2017 4:39 PM

Completely unknown outside of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2017 4:40 PM

I didn't know about Come Dancing until the Kinks song.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2017 4:41 PM

I half-expected him to go on forever.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2017 7:18 PM

I forgot that he was Swinburne in Bedknobs & Broomsticks.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2017 10:07 PM

So young.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2017 10:09 PM

He also recorded this song from [italic]Charlotte's Web[/italic] a few years after having recorded a Tony Hatch/Jackie Trent song called "I'm Backing Britain" for a failed economic campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2017 10:19 PM

What was on his victrola?

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2017 10:23 PM

His great great great grandfather named the yellow flowered bush, Forsythia.

Also played Gertrude Lawrence's father in STAR!

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2017 10:32 PM

I liked him on Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2017 10:36 PM

A lost cause with a beat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2017 10:42 PM

Never heard of him. He had a great look. Almost like a Xmas tree ornament. RIP

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2017 10:44 PM

Hah-did he ever survive a co star leaving a turd in his dressing room?

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2017 10:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2017 10:58 PM

>>>>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2017 11:02 PM

[quote]Hah-did he ever survive a co star leaving a turd in his dressing room? —Betty White

There but for the grace of Buddy Hackett went I.

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2017 11:06 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2018 5:39 AM

The Widow Wilnelia Was Miss World.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2018 10:55 AM

Thanks to her genes, his son with Wilnelia - JJ - isn’t half bad looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2018 11:00 AM

He died a year ago. Why bump this?

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2018 11:01 AM

She was also a top model, one of Ford’s first brown (Latina) models.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2018 11:05 AM

I assume because of the Daily Mail article, r21

by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2018 11:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!