Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Dancing with the Stars’ wants Sean Spicer

Sean Spicer is taking his first steps to transition from the White House briefing room to the bright lights of a TV news studio — but he’s also being courted by “Dancing with the Stars,” Page Six has learned.

The outgoing press secretary spent the day in New York City in talks with major broadcasters about a new career in TV where he can share his insider knowledge of President Trump.

Spicer, who announced his resignation Friday, was seen coming out of high-level meetings at ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox News in Manhattan, according to sources. A source told us some news execs “made the full-court press” as they competed to woo the high-profile spokesman — who brought in solid ratings and plenty of late-night fodder — while others “just kicked the tires.”

But there’s also speculation 45-year-old Spicer’s next stop could be showing off some spicy dance moves on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.” Actor Zach Braff jokingly tweeted when Spicer stepped down, “Can’t wait to see Sean Spicer waltz on Dancing With the Stars.”

But a TV insider confirmed to Page Six that the dancing competition show has indeed reached out to the Beltway insider. “That has legs,” the source said.

Viewers will recall that current energy secretary and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry turned in politics for the “Texas cha-cha” on the show last year after losing to Trump in the GOP primary. (If Spicer does join the show, hopefully he’ll be better at cutting a rug than Perry, who was the second contestant booted off last season.)

The embattled press secretary Spicer stepped down after Trump named Anthony Scaramucci his new communications director. Scaramucci, a millionaire financier, predicted Spicer would not be hurting for offers. “He’s done an amazing job,” Scaramucci said last week. “I wish him well and I hope he goes on to make a tremendous amount of money.”

Reached by phone on Wednesday, Spicer said: “I have no comment.” An ABC rep said, “We don’t comment on casting.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 28, 2019 1:25 PM

You don't say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2017 2:02 AM

I want to see some Spicey moves! And Melinda M can parody him on SNL!

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2017 2:06 AM

Normally I'd stick to the original but that other thread doesn't have a link or any of this information.

[quote]Spicer, who announced his resignation Friday, was seen coming out of high-level meetings at ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox News in Manhattan, according to sources. A source told us some news execs “made the full-court press” as they competed to woo the high-profile spokesman

[quote]The outgoing press secretary spent the day in New York City in talks with major broadcasters about a new career in TV where he can share his insider knowledge of President Trump.

I hope he shares everything he knows.

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2017 2:09 AM

I wonder what his costumes would be like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2017 2:18 AM

It must be for the spinoff....Dancing with A Piece of Shit.

by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2017 2:21 AM

They don't want me?

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2017 7:50 AM

Do it!

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2017 7:51 AM

So sad. Not going to happen. Maybe next year when he discovers no one wants him .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2017 8:46 AM

Spicer has a stick up his ass, they would be better off getting The Mooch

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2017 8:48 AM

Was Chris Christie busy? Also The Mooch would be a PPV event.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2017 9:02 AM

Sean.....SEAN.....SEEEAAAANNNNN!

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2017 9:17 AM

How much does DWTS pay?

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2017 9:39 AM

He turned them down! What a stick in the mud he is.

by Anonymousreply 13August 6, 2017 10:43 PM

[quote] Sean Spicer is taking his first steps to transition

Phew, thank God I read the rest of the article first.

by Anonymousreply 14August 6, 2017 10:54 PM

OP you weren't lying

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2019 7:55 AM

hope the fat sow gets voted off first !

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2019 8:09 AM

Deplorables, the most dependable voters ( as seen by last year's farce) , will vote for him in droves, as they defy all of the negative publicity his casting has caused. They will want to " sick it to the liberals." Look for him to go far or, perhaps, win it all. Producers are thrilled with the publicity bonanza; just what they needed to resurrect a show on its death bed.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2019 10:50 AM

No one else will hire him.

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2019 12:03 PM

Remember how he said he wouldn't do it back in 2017 (when the OP posted) because he was "too busy?" LOL

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2019 12:36 PM

I don't watch anyway. Now I will be certain not to watch.

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2019 2:40 PM

DLers should put a self-imposed ban on any postings when the show begins until he is eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2019 3:02 PM

A little over two years ago, R5 said:

[quote]It must be for the spinoff....Dancing with A Piece of Shit.

Just yesterday, Vinay Menon (one of The Star's most cutting columnists) said:

[quote]ABC should rename its reality show Dancing With the Scumbags

I'm not Vinay's publicist, I promise, but I love that man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2019 3:34 PM

lets vote that fukkiin repuglican off first

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2019 7:03 AM

Deadline:

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Showrunner Krista Vernoff Asks Bob Iger, ABC To Drop Sean Spicer From ‘Dancing With The Stars’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2019 2:04 PM

why they havin that old fat turd repug on their show?

I will boycott it and their sponsors. signing the petition to have his trump kissin mouth fired.

by Anonymousreply 25August 25, 2019 4:11 AM

If they did this for publicity, uh I don't think its the right kind....

the show on its last legs, this may be the nail in the coffin.

DUMB CHOICE

by Anonymousreply 26August 25, 2019 4:12 AM

I always thought Sean Spicer looked like Hitler’s foreign minister, Joachim Von Ribbentrop.

What is so alluring about a career based on lying?

by Anonymousreply 27August 25, 2019 5:28 AM

You think Spicers big fat white ass has a luscious pink fukhole?

by Anonymousreply 28August 26, 2019 6:35 AM

I aint watchin if val aint on....

where the petition to get rid of the lady judge on the left.? she been there too dam long and is BORING AS BUNG.

by Anonymousreply 29August 27, 2019 1:23 AM

How low can a show go to pick such an asswipe to be on it?

by Anonymousreply 30August 27, 2019 11:53 AM

I said the same thing when Rick Perry, Tucker Carlson, Bristol Palin, and Tom DeLay were contestants.

by Anonymousreply 31August 27, 2019 12:22 PM

pox on them for not havin that hot red head professional lady back on the show, she been there loong time, so fun

by Anonymousreply 32August 28, 2019 1:21 PM

Sharna? She's probably embarrassed over being Billy Bones's partner.

by Anonymousreply 33August 28, 2019 1:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!