Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New York to remove subway seats to deal with overcrowding

What do you bitches think? The right move or annoying as fuck?

Poor subway is a victim of its own success, more people are using it that it was built to handle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 12, 2019 2:58 AM

So even more like cattle cars than they already are? Wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2017 4:17 AM

The M train is shutting down this year for a year or so and then the L is shutting down for 2 years immediately after. Now this. Wooo weee I am so glad I left nyc a few months ago (after nearly 20 years) and I am not looking back. With the insane influx of transplants over the past 10-15 years, traveling via train became an even more inhumane experience, Like cattle. The worst is yet to come. What a Fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2017 4:39 AM

where did you move R2? did you retire?

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2017 4:54 AM

It's a good idea. In Chicago they put the "bench" style on the Red Line and now homeless and fat people use them for beds. It won't kill you to stand up.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2017 6:05 AM

After 25 years I did the same R2, and I don't regret it for a second. Leave it to the talentless trust fund brats and the Wall Street assholes. NY is dead.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2017 1:10 PM

It's all the fault of tourists. Without them, NYC would be Utopia.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2017 1:59 PM

Sure they are. This makes total sense.

So what do the elderly and disabled do again?

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2017 2:10 PM

[quote]ooo weee I am so glad I left nyc a few months ago

I'm sure no one will miss you.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2017 2:19 PM

The L train doesn't shut down until the summer of 2019.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2017 2:23 PM

R2 Governor Cuomo singlehandedly stopped the shutdown of the L Train so you can return to NYC now

by Anonymousreply 10March 12, 2019 2:15 AM

No thanks, we replaced his apartment with a sexnasium.

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2019 2:18 AM

Next stop Yonkers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 12, 2019 2:20 AM

Fuck off, r12. Take your trash and your racism elsewhere fuckhead.

by Anonymousreply 13March 12, 2019 2:22 AM

NYC Native. And yes, it’s dead. It’s been killed by the influx of transplants. There are more people here than there is room. Hence why they are LITERALLY throwing up buildings all over the place so more people can live here.

Issue is there are more people than jobs and room.

by Anonymousreply 14March 12, 2019 2:23 AM

R13 is about as fun at a party as a shit in a pool and wonders why he's alone now and will die alone.

by Anonymousreply 15March 12, 2019 2:25 AM

OP, a lot of the MTA's problems are just a result of mismanagement. The Village Voice did a pretty convincing article on the myth of overcrowding problems and how the MTA's policies to drastically slow down trains across the board probably have had more to do with why the subway has deteriorated so much in the last few decades.

by Anonymousreply 16March 12, 2019 2:29 AM

I wanted to give billions to Amazon because they deserved it.

The subway is for the poor and it doesnt make sense to waste money on modernizing it.

by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2019 2:31 AM

I see groups of dozens of people enter through emergency exits so they don't pay to ride almost everyday. One person pays, opens the exit, and people file right in. No one seems to care about that, which angers me.

by Anonymousreply 18March 12, 2019 2:33 AM

R16 WRONG! The problem with the MTA is the same as the problem with the LIRR. Conductors are getting $100,000 a year to hand out tickets and their salary goes up and up and no money is going to modernizing the equipment. Hence the derailments, crashes, and breakdowns.

by Anonymousreply 19March 12, 2019 2:34 AM

R19, here's the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 12, 2019 2:39 AM

I know how to run a proper subway system.

by Anonymousreply 21March 12, 2019 2:49 AM

some cars have already had their seats taking out. I saw some the other day with the end seats taken out

by Anonymousreply 22March 12, 2019 2:51 AM

Why can't they have seats that can be folded up to make room?

by Anonymousreply 23March 12, 2019 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!