Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Things You Just Don"t "Get"

Oprah. I don't get it. I know she's adored but I don't get the adulation. She was a talk show host. Don't think she's a good actress at all, I can see her "acting". Don't hate her, don't really care about her at all and don't understand the fawning and fainting.

What don't you get?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566January 20, 2018 1:02 AM

Roger Federer. Wonderful tennis player, but the cultlike deification is just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2017 3:00 AM

Agree with you about Oprah. Don't get it at all.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2017 3:02 AM

I don't get Oprah's appeal either. She's a painfully ugly celebrity name dropper. She's also a lifelong lesbian who refuses to come out. Why does Gale put up with her?

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2017 3:03 AM

Oprah is an imaginary friend. Same thing with Jennifer Anniston's appeal.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2017 3:08 AM

Team sports.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2017 3:21 AM

Anyone who doesn't "get" Oprah is a Visigoth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2017 3:22 AM

Just testing.

[quote]just testing

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2017 3:23 AM

Actually, I thought Oprah was excellent in the role you linked to.

I think the problem is that you believe Oprah is the person you saw on the Oprah show. Like most celebrities, her on camera persona was a complete act. Doing a movie role is not that far fetched.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2017 3:25 AM

I think Oprah has improved a lot as an actress. She was wonderful in The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and was robbed of an Emmy nomination.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2017 3:27 AM

Beyoncé.

I have nothing against her. She seems nice.

Still , I don't hear or see anything in her voice or moves that seem exceptional from any other packaged, marketed assembly line pop star; actual talent a plus but not necessary.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2017 3:33 AM

Brad Pitt. I think he's good-looking and a good actor but I just don't get the sex symbol thing. He has a very white trash face on him.

Johnny Depp. Great actor but very delicate looking.

For the life of me I will NEVER understand the appeal of George Clooney. Why is he such a big deal? His looks and acting skills are mediocre and he has a strange voice.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2017 3:53 AM

Oprah is too marvelous for words!

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2017 3:55 AM

R10 Della dear, I'm with you. I think it's for the kids, they get her. Us elders aren't supposed to get it Personally of the current females I'd go with Rihanna, but what do I know?

I do think Ms Knowles is talented and has an interesting artistic vision. For me (my opinion) she's always either staccato or shouting, I'd be interested in her on other vocal styles. She was interesting on Emotion by Destiny's Child.

I also don't get Owen Wilson. Ariana Grande has a lovely voice but don't get her either.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2017 3:58 AM

Love you all.

Nicole Kidman

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2017 3:59 AM

Beyoncé. I get she's talented, but her voice is fucking horrible.' Zero personality & sullen.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2017 4:08 AM

This is predictable, but the kardashians. I've never understood their appeal regardless, but I find their continuing dominance in pop culture baffling.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2017 4:10 AM

Beyonce again. I don't like her singing voice or any of her songs. And she looks too tribal when she dances. There's no fluidity; its all exaggerated, jerky movements that are somehow supposed to be sexual.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2017 4:15 AM

Taylor Swift - seems like the female version of a dude-bro who plays guitar and sings.

Adele - sounds awful when I see clips of her singing live.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2017 4:22 AM

Beyonce. She's a good entertainer, good stage show with singing and dancing, but her voice isn't amazing.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2017 4:27 AM

I'm surprised noone have said Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2017 4:31 AM

"Politics" and all that goes with it......

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2017 4:32 AM

Reality TV. Do not understand its appeal at all. Audiences do understand it's all fake and manipulated, right? I get reality competitions like Survivor or The Voice, but all those Kardashians and Real Housewives and Little People, etc.? They strike me as the ultimate example of vapid waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2017 4:36 AM

[R4] You are correct! Americans are tricked into thinking that these people are their friends. We don't know them...many probably have personality traits...obsessive...insatiable egos etc. Wendy Williams is a millionaire because she has created a product...gossip and hearsay... about people we don't know and will probably never know... like many products in America...cigarettes, and food especially...there is nothing to nurture or improve your condition...snack foods, fast foods etc...Oprah provides a false sense of friendship and intimacy as do others....it's actually the technology...where would she and others be without the TV entertainment industry which is capable of reaching vast audiences.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2017 4:40 AM

That Oprah has got some really ugly feet!

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2017 4:43 AM

Oprah relates well to the sentimental women of average intelligence who need catchy slogans and charlatans in order to maintain.

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2017 4:44 AM

Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2017 4:47 AM

stupidity. honest to dog, how can people truly be so fucking stupid?

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2017 5:01 AM

Austin TX.

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2017 5:07 AM

r24 same thing with J Law. Her down-home, aw shucks shtick is made all the more nauseating by the fact that people actually seem to buy it.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2017 5:12 AM

DL's tiresome Vivian Vance fangurl.

DL's equally tiresome "Golden Girls" fangurl.

DL's EQUALLY tiresome "Gio & Tommy / Disney Princes" fangurl.

Professional, semi-pro, prep and / or amateur sports of any and all kinds.

The 35-42 percent of my countrymen who STILL support Quisling Donald.

And most of all:

Colton Haynes.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2017 5:13 AM

I sort of get Oprah. IMO, she has nothing original to say, but most people don't. She inspires people with her Chicken Soup For the Soul platitudes and advice, all of which is simple enough to be voiced by anyone. So, the impact is based on the messenger. And, she's simply an effective messenger for a lot of people. Whether it be for direct identity reasons (I'm black, she's black; I'm a woman, she's a woman; I suffered abuse; she suffered abuse; I've struggled with weight, she's struggled with weight); or for broader characteristics - she's warm, she's motherly, etc. And, I get that; at least for the majority of her talk show career. She had/has a way about her that put a lot of people at ease and willing to listen to messages that could really be delivered by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2017 5:17 AM

Justin Bieber

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2017 5:30 AM

Off-roading. So much more pleasurable to stay on a paved road.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2017 5:31 AM

Wine. It's just grape juice gone bad.

Beer. Even worse.

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2017 5:35 AM

Another vote for Beyonce.

I still remember the early days of her career, when she was a nobody trying to make it in Destiny's Child, and nothing about her impressed. An average singer at best, ok looks, and a personality as interesting as a rock.

With people like Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, or even Adele...even if you weren't a fan...you couldn't deny these were immensely talented people with a unique gift or who oozed creativity. At the very least, I understood why they reached their iconic superstardom. Again, maybe I wasn't their biggest fan, but I could look at them and say, "Ok, I get."

But Beyonce? Really? She's so cookie-cutter and run-of-the-mill, that it's truly amazing to me how she's attained this mega, untouchable icon status in music--even over the names mentioned above. It's just baffling to me.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2017 5:36 AM

Raisins. They're just dehydrated grapes.

Flour. It's just milled grain.

Water. It's just hydrogen and oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2017 5:37 AM

Christ, that Oprah gets on my last fucking nerve.

Her "off the rack" commercialized spirituality and communion with that other fraud Deepak Chopra to the unending thrall of all housewives is sickening! I can see through her as can anyone who bothers to look!

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2017 5:39 AM

I don't get a lot of things. I come here because a whopping 44% of what's posted here I *DO* get. I get maybe 17% of what I see on Twitter (and 95% of that I don't want!), 30% of conversations where four people or more are speaking. The problem isn't limited to my denseness, it's largely me trying to apply it to my life or make some meaning, like "Why are we paying attention to this? How does this enrich my life?" I don't get people arguing when they aren't armed with facts at all but have, what, halftruths and myths perpetuated by activists or supposed advocates fronting pro-corporate groups, all they do is assume the opponent doesn't know anything or project their own failings and shortcomings upon their opponent, and make bombastic, laughable charges that crumble upon the first fact to counter them?

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2017 5:40 AM

Oh, here's another one I don't get. "Gun owner logic." Not the "I lock my ammo away from my gun, and never let my gun out where people can get at it" responsible types, who probably don't even have children, but the mommies and gangsta dads who let their loaded Glock on the TV tray in the living room and go nap or shoot hoops then wonder how it is two-year-old Dewey Dell or Sinutab is missing half their brain on the bloodied shag carpet and what's up with the girlfriend acting all crazy and bereft? Then the grandma or some halfwit relative says "It was the Lord's will. They did everything to keep the child safe and happy."

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2017 5:45 AM

The decades-long trend of men being in the delivery room.

How unbelievably vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2017 5:50 AM

Tom Holland. He may be a nice guy, but he has zero sex appeal. I don't care how tight his little body is, he looks like the kind of guy who picks his boogers and eats them.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2017 5:57 AM

The obsession with superhero movies

Fidget spinners

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2017 5:59 AM

Beards.

They're incredibly aging, they either look unkempt or so manicured that they seem absurd, and even on the biggest trust fund babies they scream 'low class.'

And Idris Elba.

He's a good-looking and talented actor, but so is Chiwetel Ejiofor, who has given far better performances, and people on social media aren't publically creaming themselves over him.

by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2017 6:03 AM

Oprah has a lot of charisma and she was amazing on The Color Purple.

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2017 6:08 AM

[quote]Beyoncé...She seems nice

She's not nice. She's a mean girl. There's a reason why Destiny's Child line up changed constantly

by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2017 6:12 AM

people that don't read or have books in their house.

“If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't fuck 'em!” ― John Waters

i agree!!

by Anonymousreply 47July 21, 2017 6:32 AM

Straight guys who want to fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 48July 21, 2017 6:48 AM

Beyoncé again, especially that "Beyoncé is a goddess" nonsense. She is 100% manufactured. Her over-the-top pregnancy photos were laughable, just bad imitations of Pierre and Gilles. That home-schooled idiot impersonated some sort of pregnant sun goddess on stage … I find it just baffling.

by Anonymousreply 49July 21, 2017 6:57 AM

I don't understand any of it. I never did.

by Anonymousreply 50July 21, 2017 7:07 AM

I'll take Visigoths to frauen of either sex, R6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 21, 2017 7:09 AM

[quote]What don't you get?

People who obsess over things they don't "get" (e.g., the Kardashians, Oprah, Blacks and other POC, trans, "fraus", etc.). Comment after comment, discussion after discussion, post after post, rant after rant, tweet after tweet... If you hate them so much, help me understand why you continue to obsess over them. Find a better use of your time and energy.

by Anonymousreply 52July 21, 2017 7:16 AM

Dogs. Just don't get it. Smelly, crotch-sniffing, expensive, hairy...ugh.

And if you need "unconditional love" then you're the problem.

by Anonymousreply 53July 21, 2017 7:17 AM

[quote]she's warm, she's motherly, etc.

I never saw Oprah in her early career when she covered quasi-trashy topics on her talk show à la Donahue but I certainly find her 'enlightened' TV persona very frosty and self-involved. Celebrity and vast amounts of money do strange things to human beings. Or maybe you have to be strange from the outset to want to chase after them. Any warmth Oprah is still capable of manifesting comes across as an act, IMO, rather like Johnny Carson (albeit without the humor).

by Anonymousreply 54July 21, 2017 7:22 AM

Why people can't see she's a sociopath I'll never know. I swear she is and she has (rich and middle class) white women mesmerized lol. Rae Dawn Chong LAMBASTED her....she worked with her in The Color Purple. She called a lot of shit (just Google).

by Anonymousreply 55July 21, 2017 7:28 AM

R55 here sorry "she called HER a lot of shit". I think it's great she has made her money don't get me wrong I just don't like Oprah as a person.

by Anonymousreply 56July 21, 2017 7:33 AM

raisins.... in fact, the are grapes.....with no souls.

by Anonymousreply 57July 21, 2017 7:54 AM

When you old fags die, Beyonce will be the next Judy Garland.

by Anonymousreply 58July 21, 2017 8:05 AM

NPH. Neil Patrick Harris is a marginally talented actor, but no where near worthy of the adulation he's received. He's as talented as his hobbit husband, David, which isn't much. I blame the questionable taste and tokenism of poor straights.

by Anonymousreply 59July 21, 2017 8:10 AM

Right wing gays. How self-loathing can they be? Yes, the Left has its assholes, the naive SJWs, and the impractical idealists. But, at least they don't cultivate hatred of homosexuals and denial of civil rights as the Right does.

by Anonymousreply 60July 21, 2017 8:11 AM

I don't get why people want kids. Why? You have a great relationship with someone you adore, why wreck it? No one really ever explains it either. How do young couples go from "I love you so much I just want to spend all my time with you, we'll do all these amazing things together; travel, art, abseiling, " to "I love you so much that I want us to barely have any alone time for the next sixteen years, and I want our relationship to become 95% childcare and household drudgery".

by Anonymousreply 61July 21, 2017 8:32 AM

THINGS I DON'T "GET"...

DITTO, Beyoncé

Taylor Swift

Nicki Minaj

Twinks as sex objects

DL's constate debating about who's gay (which undoubtedly is always some gorgeous guy who we WISH was gay but is more than likely wishful thinking) I don't understand this. I work in Hollywood in the PR/Marketing area and have worked with many of the so called "gay" actors you guys obsess over and no, they're straight. but as soon as I state the fact that they are not, the crazies come out of the woodwork and claim that because I work for a PR company I'm doing damage control. I can tell you with 100% certainty that no one of importance in Hollywood knows what datalounge is (talk about an inflated sense of being). so no one is monitoring this site as it has been alluded to too many times.

DL's obsession with boy bands, current or disbanded

DL obsession with labeling whos' a top, who's a bottom. And then bottom shaming the guys who like to bottom. BTW, I'm a versatile that loves fucking men but when I get my hands on a big giant cock, I'm a big ol' bottom and proud of it

Don't get the term "eldergay". I find it derogatory and the overall ageism on this site disgusting. If you lived through the AIDS crisis poz or not, we are the lucky ones, never forget that. BTW the general lack of AIDS knowledge on this site is shocking, especially for a site for GAY men.

Also, fans of most reality TV, especially the Real House Wives franchise, fake fucking shit, the drama is all drummed up for camera time. the more drama the more exposure for these hacks to peddle their crap to the gullible to buy. Again as someone that lives and works in BH/WeHo, I work with rich women (btw, truly rich would never call themselves "housewives" ) I've ever met anyone that has acted they way these women do.

whoo, that was cathartic.

by Anonymousreply 62July 21, 2017 8:33 AM

As for Oprah, if you don't get her, you were not a regular viewer of her daily show. Aside from that, consider her start in life and her journey to where she is now - truly remarkable and an example for others.

Meryl Streep: I don't get her. She seems to be a lovely person with a delightful sense of humor. Her "acting" is what I don't get. Watch her movies and you will see that each role she plays is a slight variation of the others. Even when she uses an accent. Take for example "The Devil Wears Prada" & " Julie & Julia" - watch her eyes, expressions, phrasing, walking across the room - are all about the same. Exaggerated and predictable. Watch a couple of her movies one after another - you will see....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 21, 2017 8:46 AM

Law and Order shows especially SVU All the superhero movies

by Anonymousreply 64July 21, 2017 8:49 AM

I don't get the hate for Hilary Clinton. She's worked hard her whole life for the country, and never embarrassed herself.

by Anonymousreply 65July 21, 2017 8:58 AM

Oprah had great warmth and she was enormously sympathetic.

I think the fawning was to do with the fact that people could on one level relate to her and on another level she was massively famous and rich. Through her, ordinary people felt they could touch great fame and wealth that they only thought they could dream of.

[quote][[R4]] You are correct! Americans are tricked into thinking that these people are their friends.

You see this on famous people's Instagram pages. People leave chatty messages as though they're their pals - but the celeb, even the minor ones never respond. It's sad.

I have no idea who Beyonce is or what she looks like.

So I googled her and listened to and watched 7 seconds of one her videos and it was even worse than I thought. That's why I don't know what people like her sound like. Their 'music' is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 66July 21, 2017 9:02 AM

I don't get Christmas. Talking about the mass adulation, salivating hysteria over an overamped holiday. Yes, I live in the South which is Ground Zero for the sort of year-round holiday hysteria which grips the frauen starting on December 26 and lasts year round. To me it's a hellish nightmare of overspending, ugly glitz (don't even like the colors red and green), family dysfunction at its worst, faux bonhomie, and exhaustion. If you're over the age of 12 it's a dispiriting time.

My neighbor has 17 decorated trees in her home. Some are so intricate and complex she keeps them up year round. And did I mention one of her spare bedrooms which is filled with folding tables to hold the gifts she buys year round (always heavily discounted, natch) and holiday "supplies." "Here's mah CHRISTMAS ROOM," she'll sing out Oprah-like every time we pass it.

Happiest day of the year for me is January 2 when I wake up and realize the bullshit's over for another year.

by Anonymousreply 67July 21, 2017 9:10 AM

[quote]Starting to get panicky about Xmas '17 already

Oh, thank you - ME too, now.

by Anonymousreply 68July 21, 2017 9:14 AM

DItto R17. I think there is truth in the fact that it is hard to look away from a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 69July 21, 2017 9:16 AM

R55. Great point. Now there is an actress I really liked. . Rae Dawn Chong. Plus she discovered the very sexy... Chris Pratt.

by Anonymousreply 70July 21, 2017 9:21 AM

R61, a colleague told me: "It's the hormones. I never wanted children, but then all of a sudden it was all I could think of." (She has one son)

by Anonymousreply 71July 21, 2017 9:29 AM

[quote]"I love you so much I just want to spend all my time with you, we'll do all these amazing things together; travel, art, abseiling,

How do they 'do art' together? Still life classes?

by Anonymousreply 72July 21, 2017 9:45 AM

Those I know who were once fans of Oprah Winfrey gradually changed their mind as success appeared to spoil her. Gone was the woman who was the antithesis of the "Hollywood image." That is to be successful in life and not just in entertainment one had to look a certain way and come from a privileged background.

Oprah in her initial talk show interviews talked about her own troubled childhood and very dysfunctional home. This was at a time when one hid the truth about being molested and/or raped. It still wasn't acceptable to admit you didn't want any contact with family members and relatives who had been and still were abusive.

Very little expectations were placed on girls that weren't physically attractive and/or from a strong, secure environment. So people still made up stories to avoid being constantly dissed and put down for situations beyond their control. Otherwise everyone would tell you how lucky you were to get a man who wanted you despite your family background.

Can't tell you how many were so disappointed to Oprah talk about buying real fur coats for herself and all staff. How over-the-top and totally unnecessary to brag about it. Then there were the stories that employees had to buy her lavish gifts. WTF?

Worse was when she started promoting "non-Christians" simply because they were paying a PR agent to promote their books. Before those at DL start writing critical posts in mass, let me try and explain what I mean.

There have been a number of mainstream ministers who've written books at the end of their career. NO I'm not talking about televangelists. I am referring to the well-educated, often sons of other preachers, who wanted to relay to future generations to come what they had learned from a lifetime of counseling the severely depressed, many of whom were dealing with terrible tragedies.

What they wrote was designed to be read by those of all religious faiths so very little of the material if any dealt with specific beliefs. The intent was to be as practical and as specific as possible in helping people to move forward with their lives in a realistic way. For those who could not afford counseling or therapy these books soon available in cheap paperback were the answer.

So by comparison the authors Oprah began to promote on her show were viewed as salespeople with no real credentials other than wanting pap attention to make a buck. Compare that with a minister who had counseled hundreds and hundreds of families of immigrants and others emotionally scarred by warfare, poverty, extreme prejudice, unspeakable devastation, and who were so shell-shocked they couldn't function. Wouldn't you want to know what he said to them so that they could start their lives anew? It sure wasn't the phony sounding phrases and pablum of Oprah's guest authors.

Worse was Oprah Winfrey's over adulation bordering on phoniness of certain stars. It's as if she was abusing the trust of her fan base. What a joke that certain DL posters think today she could ever run for any public office.

by Anonymousreply 73July 21, 2017 9:58 AM

Social media "influencers."

by Anonymousreply 74July 21, 2017 11:27 AM

Kristen Stewart. She's a dullard on screen. I don't get what critics hailing her as a great actress are seeing.

by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2017 11:41 AM

The obsession with Sam Heughan and whether he's straight or not. 18 DL threads, really?

by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2017 11:53 AM

I agree about Beyonce. What's with the rabid fans? And there's a reason the queens on Drag Race can't spoof her, because she has no obvious personality. She's just tits, hair, and editing.

by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2017 12:00 PM

Traveling. I have a nice house out in the country. I have a pool. Dogs Nice yard Whenever I take my vacation in the Summer people ask me where I'm going. I always just say I'm staying home. Yeah traveling. Especially today. You spend too much money and you just get tired.

by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2017 12:04 PM

DL's constate debating about who's gay (which undoubtedly is always some gorgeous guy who we WISH was gay but is more than likely wishful thinking)

Are you David Ehrenstein? You some to share some of his general cluelessness.

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2017 12:09 PM

[quote]Traveling. I have a nice house out in the country. I have a pool. Dogs Nice yard Whenever I take my vacation in the Summer people ask me where I'm going. I always just say I'm staying home. Yeah traveling. Especially today. You spend too much money and you just get tired.

Gurl, it can be very refreshing to get away from your own country. It can give you a clearer perspective - even if all it does is make you appreciate home more.

* if you live in a place with poor weather (my case, England) the sight of a palm tree and a dunk in a warm sea can work wonders.

But I agree, it's a hassle and exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2017 12:14 PM

Starbuck's and cell phone obsession

by Anonymousreply 81July 21, 2017 12:17 PM

BEYONCE

by Anonymousreply 82July 21, 2017 12:22 PM

Angelina Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 83July 21, 2017 12:23 PM

Seconded on Angelina Jolie. Although reading about her fucked up mental state can be fun.

by Anonymousreply 84July 21, 2017 12:33 PM

So many names I agree with, from Oprah to Pitt and Depp.

by Anonymousreply 85July 21, 2017 12:42 PM

Something I don't get are ultra-rich people who will do anything to make even more money. And by anything, I mean "buy" politicians who will work to cut income taxes (at the expense of social programs), cut personnel and employee salaries for their businesses to increases profits, move money to offshore accounts to hide it from the IRS, etc. My god, once you have more money than you, your kids, and your grandchildren could possibly spend, why be so obsessive about needing more? They're sinking our country by draining the assets from the bottom 99% and they still can't get enough. I simply don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 86July 21, 2017 12:50 PM

Those of you who don't get Beyonce. You may not like her styles, music, or her as a person. That's ok. But let me explain why Beyonce is so admired and respected. First of all, she really can sing and dance. You can't find that in many pop stars these days. I know there are better female singers out there. But she can sing live and still have a perfect pitch like in her records. Check out the video I'm posting. It was filmed with a phone, no microphone.

Her singing and dancing abilities are not the only things that make Beyonce stand out. Beyonce is the most critically acclaimed pop star today. Her first single as a solo artist 'Crazy in Love' has appeared in many all-time greatest song lists, no. 118 in Rolling Stone's and no. 82 in NME's. There are a few other post-2000 pop songs that often appear on these lists as well, such as Rihanna's Umbrella and Britney's Toxic, but they don't rank very high. More than that Beyonce's last two albums scored an 85 and 92 out of 100 at metacritic which are very high, indicating her critical success. Most pop albums don't get higher than 80.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 21, 2017 1:01 PM

Fucking great that Della is still here.

by Anonymousreply 88July 21, 2017 1:04 PM

I don't get weddings. Like, ok, you two love each other and you'll be married from now on. That's nice. What are your intimate vows of love, to do with me, or anyone else? Why do you need audience approval? It's not the world of 18th century European nobility, securing alliances for trade and self-defense, it's just a personal relationship between two adults.

by Anonymousreply 89July 21, 2017 1:09 PM

Ellen.

They turned her into acceptable frau fodder for mass consumption. Completely de-gayed & therefore, non controversial.

She used to be a cute soft butch lesbian.

Now she looks like Justin Bieber dressed as PeeWee Herman.

by Anonymousreply 90July 21, 2017 1:31 PM

All music currently being played on clear channel radio

by Anonymousreply 91July 21, 2017 1:50 PM

Beyoncé

by Anonymousreply 92July 21, 2017 1:51 PM

Oprah

Beyoncé

Taylor Swift

Kanye

Britney

by Anonymousreply 93July 21, 2017 1:53 PM

Reality TV.. Because a show that is rehearsed, staged, scripted & taped MUST be happening in real time.

The Kardashicunts. No further comment required.

Beyoooonce...no singing talent whatsoever.

Adele...only considered a good singer because her contemporaries cant sing at all.

Panera...their food is "clean"? Wish their stores were.

by Anonymousreply 94July 21, 2017 1:53 PM

Um, people who are still loyal to Trump. They will never admit they are or wrong and apologize.

Tats. I love nude guys with tats not so much.

People who don't like musicals.

by Anonymousreply 95July 21, 2017 1:55 PM

Ryan Gosling. I don't get how people can be so taken in by marketing that tells them he's hot. I don't get that they don't question it, that they don't realise that most Hollywood "hot" people only seem that way because of talented stylists, photographers and publicists.

by Anonymousreply 96July 21, 2017 1:55 PM

I'm watching The Nce Guys right now I'm one of the very few admitting to liking La La Land. He's good looking but his eyes are a little too close but it's the way he carries that makes him hot.

by Anonymousreply 97July 21, 2017 2:07 PM

I loved The Nice Guys. There was some extraneous plot at the end but overall a very well done, funny movie.

Professional wrestling. Do not get that at all.

by Anonymousreply 98July 21, 2017 2:28 PM

I think he can be charming but to look at, he's quite ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 99July 21, 2017 2:33 PM

[quote]Starbuck's

This overwhelming, compelling need that some people have to use an apostrophe whenever any word ends in an "s".

by Anonymousreply 100July 21, 2017 2:50 PM

Three vast field of contemporary pop culture I've never developed more than a very superficial appreciation for:

1. Rap music.

2. Video games.

3. Cable tv series like "The Sopranos," "Breaking Bad," and "Game of Thrones."

I'm of a generation where the first two came in big when I was in high school/college, so it's not really a generational thing there, I just don't have the right affinities somehow.

by Anonymousreply 101July 21, 2017 2:50 PM

Social media

by Anonymousreply 102July 21, 2017 2:53 PM

Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 103July 21, 2017 2:54 PM

The fact that someone black, female and not super hot made it when Oprah made it talks to her ability. By ability i mean she is very cunning. Madonna is the same. They tapped in the subconscious of the time. Trump is another with this ability.

by Anonymousreply 104July 21, 2017 3:00 PM

Madonna

DL’s hatred of NPH

Who is talking to and about whom on Twitter.

DL's obsession with Trump

DL's obsession with Vivian Vance

DL's obsession with Colton Haynes

most movies & TV shows

Pumpkin Spice

December

People who type things like “constate.” Twice.

by Anonymousreply 105July 21, 2017 3:11 PM

My blue collar, right wing nut brothers. Why don't they get it that Republicans want to screw them out of healthcare, unions, fair wages and their job? They worshipped Reagan (even though he screwed our family through massive factory strikes) yet are now a-ok with Dump and his BFF Putin!

by Anonymousreply 106July 21, 2017 3:13 PM

𝑫𝑳'𝒔 𝒐𝒃𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒎𝒑

Really? No clue as to why we would be "obsessed" with our current president?

by Anonymousreply 107July 21, 2017 3:13 PM

There's no apostrophe? Ok, I don't get that. It makes more sense to me that the stores, being named after the character in Moby Dick, would carry the possessive apostrophe instead of being a multiple of Starbuck. They're a bunch of Starbucks. ?

by Anonymousreply 108July 21, 2017 3:15 PM

[quote]Really? No clue as to why we would be "obsessed" with our current president?

That is correct. I want to get away from Trump, not perseverate over him endlessly.

by Anonymousreply 109July 21, 2017 3:17 PM

[quote]Really? No clue as to why we would be "obsessed" with our current president?

So you get why this thread has been brought to life? "Trump Has Asked Advisors About Lardons."

by Anonymousreply 110July 21, 2017 3:24 PM

Women's hairstyles for the last seventeen years.

by Anonymousreply 111July 21, 2017 3:29 PM

I don't get gay guys posting pictures on gay dating sites of them hanging all over a female, talk about sending a mixed message.

by Anonymousreply 112July 21, 2017 3:30 PM

The Nice Guys was utter garbage. The jokes are totally unfunny, the buddy team not at all engaging or even slightly likeable, the plot was supposed to be adorably chaotic but just ends up being droolingly idiotic. It's far and away the least entertaining film I've seen on a theater in over a decade. Kim Basinger gives an absolutely dreadful performance.

The only good thing about it is the Australian actress Angourie Rice, who is a flicker of delight in what is otherwise a dogshit pie.

Watching The Nice Guys is like being stuck on a plane next to someone who thinks he's brilliantly funny and is dying to impress you with that, but in fact is not even slightly funny. You alternate between feeling sorry for him and wanting to slit his throat.

by Anonymousreply 113July 21, 2017 3:41 PM

[quote]DL's constate debating about who's gay (which undoubtedly is always some gorgeous guy who we WISH was gay but is more than likely wishful thinking)

gurl, they think everyone's gay (unless they're really ugly).

& they think bisexuality doesn't exist - that they're all GAY too. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 114July 21, 2017 3:41 PM

[quote] Reality TV.. Because a show that is rehearsed, staged, scripted & taped MUST be happening in real time.

I don't get the hate for Reality TV, all the other shows on TV are rehearsed, staged, scripted & taped. How is Reality TV different from everything else on TV? There are Reality TV shows I hate and won't watch, there are Reality TV Shows I won't miss, but it is the same with the non Reality shows. There are literally thousands of television shows if you have cable, if you don't like them don't watch them, seems so easy.

by Anonymousreply 115July 21, 2017 3:42 PM

[quote]Women's hairstyles for the last seventeen years

What don't you get? There's been just ONE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 21, 2017 3:43 PM

It's called old-fashioned greed, R86. It's been drilled into people that they are successful the richer they are, no matter the ethical cost of it.

by Anonymousreply 117July 21, 2017 3:43 PM

Gays for Trump. REALLY?

We don't want you marching in gay pride parades, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 21, 2017 3:44 PM

[quote] How is Reality TV different from everything else on TV?

Until it happened on Big Brother, I had never even heard of cleaning someone's toilet with their toothbrush.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 21, 2017 3:46 PM

OP is there a talk show host that you do get?

by Anonymousreply 120July 21, 2017 3:49 PM

Oprah looks quite badass in OP's photo.

I can't imagine her smoking a cigarette in real life. She must have in the past. She knows how to hold it.

by Anonymousreply 121July 21, 2017 3:51 PM

[quote]Don't think she's a good actress at all, I can see her "acting".

She's wonderful in "The Color Pruple" (should have won the Oscar), but she fell out of the practice of acting regularly when she had the talk show success and relied on mannerisms thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 122July 21, 2017 3:55 PM

r79 I have no idea who David whatever is? I'm r62 and what is this "general cluelessness" that you speak of?

My posting was very clear. Are you offended that I think most of the men DL obsesses over are indeed NOT GAY? Thus ruining your morning jerk off session? Just wondering

by Anonymousreply 123July 21, 2017 4:14 PM

r116 I know and I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 124July 21, 2017 4:16 PM

Jimmy Fallon's success. He was passable but far from outstanding on SNL. I never understood why he was given the Tonight Show gig. His humor is juvenile at best.

by Anonymousreply 125July 21, 2017 4:20 PM

[quote]Gays for Trump. REALLY?

Jews for Hitler

by Anonymousreply 126July 21, 2017 4:22 PM

I don't get why adults aren't embarrassed by using toddler words, like "yummy" or "po-po" (meaning police) or "jelly"(for'jealous), and why more people aren't bothered by the fact that our culture is encouraging people to behave childishly. It extends even to politics, with the alt-right taking pride in their oppositional-defiance disorder brattishness, and the SJWs with their love of faux-naive/fake humility,

by Anonymousreply 127July 21, 2017 4:28 PM

Beyoncé. Truly a mediocre talent.

VALLEY OF THE DOLLS. Overrated film. Even on a camp level.

Twinks. If I wanted to date a concentration camp survivor I'd have the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 128July 21, 2017 4:50 PM

[quote]the SJWs with their love of faux-naive/fake humility,

Don and Donna Disingenuina

by Anonymousreply 129July 21, 2017 4:53 PM

[quote]Twinks. If I wanted to date a concentration camp survivor I'd have the real thing.

Did you know when you woke up this morning, R128, that you were going to write the Most Repulsive Statement of the Month (and on DL, that's saying something)?

by Anonymousreply 130July 21, 2017 4:54 PM

r128 "VALLEY OF THE DOLLS. Overrated film. Even on a camp level."

Boo hiss, but I'm dying to know what you would consider "good camp"?

by Anonymousreply 131July 21, 2017 4:56 PM

Lesbians.

Do you really put your tongues in that thing??

by Anonymousreply 132July 21, 2017 4:56 PM

The "hot daddy" concept. If I wanted to have sex with my father...well, nothing: I've never wanted to have sex with my father (or some substitute for him).

by Anonymousreply 133July 21, 2017 5:00 PM

^^ Ivanka Trump

by Anonymousreply 134July 21, 2017 5:01 PM

R115 You missed the point. Some people think reality tv is real, when its completely orchestrated.

by Anonymousreply 135July 21, 2017 5:03 PM

R134 Wouldn't R133 be the very opposite of Ivanka Trump?

by Anonymousreply 136July 21, 2017 5:03 PM

[quote][R128] "VALLEY OF THE DOLLS. Overrated film. Even on a camp level."

Exactly. That's the whole point.

by Anonymousreply 137July 21, 2017 5:10 PM

I don't get a lot of religion. Oh sure, the power and money for men at the top I get. The meditation, prayer and fasting I even get. It's what's covered up I don't get. "God is our creator." "Oh okay, we have hair on our heads and we're supposed to cover it up? This is a rule God changed her mind on hundreds of thousands of years later, and only for select populations?" "We're supposed to strip off our foreskins because God?" My neighbors never introduced themselves to us after they moved to our street nine years ago, but every four months they send their Jehovah's Witness pals to our door to share the Good Word?

And I don't "get" the BBC's affirmative action policy on panel shows. I've seen it work on shows like "QI", but when I see two particular people who are not funny on seemingly all the panel shows, I wonder "Gee, there are a lot of people in the UK, and 40% of them are funnier than these two without working at it. Probabilistically, those 40% can't all be straight, white males! So why these two?"

by Anonymousreply 138July 21, 2017 5:30 PM

Michael Jackson. Pedo , how can you idolize anyone that friggin sick. Plus, ashamed he was black.

Friends/Seinfeld. Not funny.

Trump, How can anyone believe this Russian Mobster is qualified to be POTUS. Melania. a former WHORE. The evangelicals want all the Gays to go to Hell. But, this creature is chastity and purity bringing class back to the WH.

John McCain, You let Trump mimic and belittle you, then you went and kissed his fat ass.

Speaking of fat asses , Chris Christy, over weight piece of human feces.

Bristol Palin, Hates the gays. Talks chastity then spits multiple brats out of her tired, stretched vadge.

New Orleans, why vacation where you could be killed at any moment by a thug who hates white people.

Wal Mart, who really needs that third world country trash.

by Anonymousreply 139July 21, 2017 5:30 PM

Adults using iPads. Smartphones are perfect when you're on the go. Laptops are perfect when you're at home or the office. iPads are inconvenient for anyone but children.

by Anonymousreply 140July 21, 2017 5:34 PM

Mustique.

by Anonymousreply 141July 21, 2017 5:46 PM

Unwedge your Kotex r130. It's pretty tame compared to a lot of the racist and misogynistic crap most of the sissies post here.

by Anonymousreply 142July 21, 2017 5:47 PM

Eat it out of me, R142. Then floss with foreskin.

by Anonymousreply 143July 21, 2017 5:49 PM

[quote] Madonna

Is there a genuine bone in her body?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 21, 2017 5:56 PM

Your mother's foreskin r143, you worthless white trash piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 145July 21, 2017 6:03 PM

Before I even opened the thread, I knew that Beyoncé would follow Oprah as the most commented upon people.

I think this speaks to the negative reaction that so many white people had when Formation came out, and black people had to explain that the video was not made for white people. It speaks to black people, especially black women, directly, and others are free to take it as they may, but it isn't made with their background in mind.

So older, white gay men who complain about Beyoncé may not appreciate the powerful images and music that she creates because it isn't directed to their tastes or experiences.

In that sense, it's okay not to get it, but it's important to bear in mind WHY other people do.

Regarding Oprah, her personal story of success in the United States is so improbable that at least her achievements as a black woman in the United States should merit recognition and maybe a measure of respect, even if you don't appreciate her as a TV host personality or actress.

Oh, and Beyoncé can sing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 21, 2017 6:33 PM

The American south. Considering the history of slavery, Jim Crow, anti Catholic, anti Jew, anti gay, anti liberal etc I have no idea why people in the US still hold it fondly. Most of he ones I've met seem judgemental of class and manners, which seems ridiculous coming from a region with such a history of human rights violations. Other than southern Florida, south of Miami, I don't visit or like the areas and I have no interest in getting to know them.

by Anonymousreply 147July 21, 2017 6:34 PM

The fact that this entire thread is about Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 148July 21, 2017 6:35 PM

I don't get Taylor Swift. She is a mediocre singer, very pretty girl but her superstar status floors me. The music she sings is gawd awful. Of course I can understand teenyboppers liking her but she apparently attracts an even bigger demographic than that. I could not imagine sitting through one of those concerts unless I was high or drunk.

by Anonymousreply 149July 21, 2017 6:36 PM

[quote] The fact that this entire thread is about Oprah.

It is?

by Anonymousreply 150July 21, 2017 6:36 PM

R42 Shut your mouth you nasty unfucked frau

by Anonymousreply 151July 21, 2017 6:39 PM

People who constantly whine about losing their "freedoms".

by Anonymousreply 152July 21, 2017 6:39 PM

[quote]Adults using iPads. Smartphones are perfect when you're on the go. Laptops are perfect when you're at home or the office. iPads are inconvenient for anyone but children.

People who care so much about the technology other people use.

eeeew - you still use DVDs.

eeeew - you use your landline phone

eeeeew- you still play CDs.

Who gives a shit?

[quote]I'm not elder, I swear!

You SWEAR? - who cares how old you are? No one can see you, no one here is going to fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 153July 21, 2017 6:51 PM

[quote] The American south. Considering the history of slavery, Jim Crow, anti Catholic, anti Jew, anti gay, anti liberal etc I have no idea why people in the US still hold it fondly.

Because of things like this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 21, 2017 6:52 PM

[quote]People who care so much about the technology other people use.

That's different than what the this thread is about. I don't "get" people who use iPads but I don't see them the way you imply either.

You seem to be have gotten pretty worked up by a random comment on the internet which makes you a hypocrite considering your response to my post.

by Anonymousreply 155July 21, 2017 7:08 PM

Céline and Balmain.

by Anonymousreply 156July 21, 2017 7:14 PM

Ear stretching. I don't get its popularity and allure. Same goes for nose and eyebrow piercings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 21, 2017 7:16 PM

Bravo R146.

by Anonymousreply 158July 21, 2017 7:21 PM

No one in my family has a foreskin, R145. That would be your trashification.

by Anonymousreply 159July 21, 2017 7:29 PM

The psychotic fandom of nobody twinks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 21, 2017 7:42 PM

Um, no r146 Formation was a cynical attempt to capitalise on BLM, while giving white girls music to wind their necks to. The album was not some anthem of black liberation. If you listen to the lyrics and watch the videos, the level of narcissism is astonishing: it's ALL about Beyoncé and how great she is.

And yes, she can sing, she's got a powerful voice. But it's a horrible voice.

by Anonymousreply 161July 21, 2017 8:22 PM

Quantum mechanics.

by Anonymousreply 162July 21, 2017 8:25 PM

Lots of people can sing. She's a product. And her neo-liberalism/pretend activism is weak and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 163July 21, 2017 8:26 PM

I find her singing pitchy. Her runs are terrible. I get tired of her being held up as some icon of African American beauty when she is so fucking manufactured.

I don't get Beyoncé either.

by Anonymousreply 164July 21, 2017 8:27 PM

Pretty r149? No way!!! She looks like an albino ferret raped a piece of white trailer trash.

by Anonymousreply 165July 21, 2017 8:29 PM

[quote]There's no apostrophe? Ok, I don't get that. It makes more sense to me that the stores, being named after the character in Moby Dick, would carry the possessive apostrophe instead of being a multiple of Starbuck. They're a bunch of Starbucks. ?

If the character in Moby Dick owned them, they could rightfully be called Starbuck's. He doesn't, so the name is Starbucks.

by Anonymousreply 166July 21, 2017 8:32 PM

The word 'intersectional' and the term 'gender fluid'. So tiresome to this eldergay still acclimating to 'queer'.

by Anonymousreply 167July 21, 2017 8:37 PM

Whoopi Goldberg once called Oprah Lonesome Rhodes.

by Anonymousreply 168July 21, 2017 8:38 PM

I completely agree with R52 and R146 you nailed it perfectly.

I have yet to hear anyone say anything about how mediocre Britney spears and Katy Perry is but there white so I guess that's fine with the posters on DL. Britney is pretty much a heavily drugged up robot on stage these day and Katy Perry could never sing and yet Beyonce is considered to be the mediocre one? Also justin beiber is cute but his looks are fading away fast. Taylor swift has never been able to sing and she boring as hell, with her over hyped representation of the over privileged, entitled white shtick. It's all really tired but suburban america just keeps eating it up. Also I don't understand the hate for Oprah either. Everyone has an on air persona so why single Oprah out. The hatred for her is completely unreasonable and unjust. But than again anytime African americans achieve anything it's always looked at as a negative to anyone who isn't black. Black success usually makes a lot of whites uncomfortable in there own skin. I've seen that to be true many time's throughout my short life. There's many things I don't get on the DL as fare as topics go. I just take it as it's not for me to get nor do I care.

by Anonymousreply 169July 21, 2017 8:56 PM

[quote] at time's

by Anonymousreply 170July 21, 2017 8:59 PM

r161, I am not going to guess what demographic you belong to, but if you really read my post, you would comprehend that I am not insisting anyone "get" or "like" Beyoncé; I am stating that a lot of black people see her work as it reflects their own lives, and that her work is indeed relevant and powerful to them.

And if you did not understand the message from the Formation video, you are indeed far outside her intended audience.

by Anonymousreply 171July 21, 2017 9:00 PM

Cupboards and fridges filled, I mean filled with food. And freezers, too. Filled with food.

by Anonymousreply 172July 21, 2017 9:02 PM

Marijuana worship

by Anonymousreply 173July 21, 2017 9:02 PM

That's better than empty r172.

by Anonymousreply 174July 21, 2017 9:05 PM

Po-po isn't toddler, po-po is ebonics.

by Anonymousreply 175July 21, 2017 9:05 PM

I don't get religion. Any religion.

by Anonymousreply 176July 21, 2017 9:07 PM

Amen R1. And everyone my age is meant to love the band Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody but I can't stand them or that fucking song. Don't like the Queen Queen either.

by Anonymousreply 177July 21, 2017 9:09 PM

Most of you seem to "get" everything you claim to not get. The thread should have been "things you just don't like."

by Anonymousreply 178July 21, 2017 9:09 PM

Celebrity chefs who aren't very good chefs like Guy Fieri or Rachel Ray. Also Bobby Flay but at least he can actually cook well.

NASCAR obsession. It's a 500 lap circle jerk waiting for a fiery crash.

Adults who act like kids in the way they dress, talk and act.

by Anonymousreply 179July 21, 2017 9:13 PM

Disingenuous much, r169?? Katy Perry is considered a joke by pretty much everyone, including DL. Britney only receives attention here because of the car crash value, and because her music is "fun". No-one worships these women for their perceived musical genius or social activism. But with Beyoncé it's a different story. THAT is why they didn't make this thread, but I think you knew that...

by Anonymousreply 180July 21, 2017 9:17 PM

[quote] People who care so much about the technology other people use. eeeew - you still use DVDs. eeeew - you use your landline phone eeeeew- you still play CDs. Who gives a shit?

I love you R153.

by Anonymousreply 181July 21, 2017 9:17 PM

Adults who obsess about keeping up with the Joneses of trying to one-up friends and family.

by Anonymousreply 182July 21, 2017 9:24 PM

If we're talking about Beyonce what I don't get is the hype. I'd put Adele into the same category. Both are talented but undeserving of all the hype they get.

by Anonymousreply 183July 21, 2017 9:25 PM

Israel and Palestine. it all looks like a shit hole to me, all dried up. Yes I understand the principles and history but still.

by Anonymousreply 184July 21, 2017 9:26 PM

I "understand" the message r171, I'm saying it's deeply insincere. And I don't buy the "It's Not Meant For You" argument. Beyonce maybe be very popular among many (but by no means all) black people, but don't forget she derives much of her power from the support white SJW types.

by Anonymousreply 185July 21, 2017 9:34 PM

Being on your phone all the time. I just don't understand how important these peoples lives are that they need to be attached to the phone every waking minute.

by Anonymousreply 186July 21, 2017 9:41 PM

[quote]Israel and Palestine. it all looks like a shit hole to me, all dried up. Yes I understand the principles and history but still.

If it looked like Switzerland, would you get it?

by Anonymousreply 187July 21, 2017 9:50 PM

I just don't get EDM. I think it lacks a soul.

by Anonymousreply 188July 21, 2017 10:02 PM

I don't get the people who just don't get why people might care about people who just don't get other people.

by Anonymousreply 189July 21, 2017 10:04 PM

[quote]I don't get a lot of religion. Oh sure, the power and money for men at the top I get. The meditation, prayer and fasting I even get. It's what's covered up I don't get. "God is our creator." "Oh okay, we have hair on our heads and we're supposed to cover it up? This is a rule God changed her mind on hundreds of thousands of years later, and only for select populations?"

That's easy to get. Its fear of death. Religion is just made up answers to unanswerable questions. We don't know where we've been and we don't know where we're going. Someone made up the "Heaven" thing and rules to live by to get in and people cling to that as comfort.

by Anonymousreply 190July 21, 2017 10:05 PM

R187 possibly. It's not the dead leavings of some prior society, is it? Truly all the parties involved look like suckers, but people love their shit, even the shittiest shit.

by Anonymousreply 191July 21, 2017 10:13 PM

she is a fat smelly black woman who won the lottery. there are tons of fat women . who sit at home all day with butt crack sweat forming by the hour as they switch tv channels . Rosie o donnel was one of these womens heros then Oprah. these loser fat skanks sit at home all day and love the positive false message that rosie and Oprah give to them about bettering their life and becoming a success. of course the fat home bound skanks never get off the sofa and never realize that they are getting their life advice from lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 192July 21, 2017 10:16 PM

The Afflecks. I don't see how they made it in Hollywood.

Same with Matt Damon. Nice ass but boring as hell.

I absolutely cannot stand that homophobic piece of shit Mark Walberg. In every movie he plays the same character, he never changes the way he talks or carries himself. The same with Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 193July 21, 2017 10:21 PM

I see DL is erudite and insightful as ever at R192.

by Anonymousreply 194July 21, 2017 10:28 PM

R193. if you dont understand why they people "made it" you need to study illuminati

by Anonymousreply 195July 21, 2017 10:56 PM

[quote] they people

Straight me

by Anonymousreply 196July 21, 2017 10:58 PM

Oh good the nazi twat grammar queen is alive and living on data lounge. go get them twat loser. without mistakes your life means nothing. your small world that exists in your parents basement gets smaller

by Anonymousreply 197July 21, 2017 11:03 PM

Looks like R192 is jealous, bitter, and angry like most of DL, that black women can be successful empowered and wealthy. But they can't achieve shit!!! It's okay keep hating because they don't even know you exist and they don't care either. Let that sink in. Lots of sad miserable bigots on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 198July 21, 2017 11:18 PM

Rebel Wilson. She's fat and unpleasant

by Anonymousreply 199July 21, 2017 11:19 PM

BLM.

by Anonymousreply 200July 21, 2017 11:23 PM

[quote] BLM

I think both the BLM and EPA have important roles to play especially in the age of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 201July 21, 2017 11:25 PM

R198. hillarious that you stand up for BLACK oprah but you allow my attack on rosie........TYPICAL black lives matter crap. so very funny how you reveal yourself. i like having sex with black men but people like you make me so dislike morons who always use race in every argument . i dislike oprah not because she is black. i find her to be dishonest about herself and what she stands for. you seem to think that her being black is the most important quality she has. god you are one dumb moron who i am sure just happens to be black. when are "you people" going to learn to assimilate like other minorities have? you just want that special treatment always...........sign me RACIST. lol.... I AM TRAYVON MARTIN........WHAT A JOKE

by Anonymousreply 202July 21, 2017 11:30 PM

Rachel Maddow

by Anonymousreply 203July 21, 2017 11:43 PM

Amy fucking Schumer and Lens Dunham

by Anonymousreply 204July 21, 2017 11:48 PM

Rap or Hip-hop or whatever they call it now.

I CAN NOT understand how it's gone on so long.

It's was sort of cute and witty at first - you need to be pretty old to remember that far back.

NOW - how many decades later? - I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 205July 21, 2017 11:51 PM

duck lips

by Anonymousreply 206July 22, 2017 12:07 AM

Drake

by Anonymousreply 207July 22, 2017 12:07 AM

[quote]duck lips

Yes, very peculiar.

by Anonymousreply 208July 22, 2017 12:14 AM

KANYE WEST.

His music is imbecilic. How can anyone take him seriously?

by Anonymousreply 209July 22, 2017 12:17 AM

Contemporary "country music" that sounds like a lonely redneck attempting to rap about "girls in them jeans"

by Anonymousreply 210July 22, 2017 12:21 AM

R195 I thought the illuminati was just presenting hole on the casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 211July 22, 2017 12:34 AM

Vegetarians and vegans. They are right at the top of my "Needing Kick in Cunt Bone List".

by Anonymousreply 212July 22, 2017 12:35 AM

This might be a mental illness, or a fixation, I don't know which, but I know I don't get it: monomania posting on a subject that has nothing to do with the forum one's posting to. Suppose someone posted about Solomon Islands real estate, or Thai curry, or examples of "my identity subpopulation is being oppressed" in action on a forum dedicated to My Little Pony, and that's the only subject he posted about. And suppose he goes out of his continent for a few months for a work assignment, or a language exchange program, or an extended vacation, and still purposely looks for online mentions of Solomon Islands real estate, or Thai curry, or examples of "my identity subpopulation is being oppressed" in action to post on the My Little Pony forum, as if there are no other places for him to post, no other subjects more closely related to his chosen forum to write about, no interesting tidbits of overseas travel or new culture, or as if people are going to stop their on-topic My Little Pony commentary to give his topic attention.

by Anonymousreply 213July 22, 2017 12:35 AM

People like R213.

by Anonymousreply 214July 22, 2017 12:36 AM

Meryl Streep. She's the same in fucking everything. Look Meryl is dressed up as Maggie Thatcher, look Meryl's baby is getting eaten by a dingo, etc etc etc...

by Anonymousreply 215July 22, 2017 12:38 AM

Holy fuck, r192, r197, r202: You communicate at the level of an emu.

You seem like a deplorable. Are you a gay one or just a visiting troll?

by Anonymousreply 216July 22, 2017 12:51 AM

"If you listen to the lyrics and watch the videos, the level of narcissism is astonishing: it's ALL about Beyoncé and how great she is."

If you understood the history of black women in America even the tiniest bit you might understand that this in itself is a political message that resonates with them, just like Oprah (the other powerful black woman nobody gets on this thread) putting herself on the cover of her magazine every single month.

by Anonymousreply 217July 22, 2017 1:07 AM

[quote] just like Oprah (the other powerful black woman nobody gets on this thread) putting herself on the cover of her magazine every single month.

Which magazine?

by Anonymousreply 218July 22, 2017 1:14 AM

gurl, she had her own magazine called O.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 22, 2017 1:16 AM

Those big eyebrows that some girls paint on their faces. Can't they see it looks terrible?

by Anonymousreply 220July 22, 2017 1:31 AM

I don't get why people buy ugly sofas when there are nice ones. The ugly ones are often more expensive, too!

by Anonymousreply 221July 22, 2017 1:32 AM

r169, Spears and Pary are not in Beyonce's orbit when it comes to stardom. Beyoncé is ultra A list while they're bringing up the rear in the C list category.

I don't "get" her stardom because her Superbowl halftime performance sucked. It was a marketed, assembly line pop performance on steroids that I couldn't wait to be over. That and her mediocre performance of "The Way We Were" at the Kennedy Center Honors when Streisand was honored lead me to not "getting" her stardom.

And yes, I'm old and not Beyonce's target market. I guess I'll stick to my fandom of Mavis, Cleotha and Yvonne Staples when it comes to African American pop music messengers.

by Anonymousreply 222July 22, 2017 1:44 AM

Oops forgot to add, smooooches r88.

by Anonymousreply 223July 22, 2017 1:46 AM

[quote] Fucking great that Della is still here.

Totally agree. Die-hard and much-loved DL poster (at least loved by me). Smooches!

by Anonymousreply 224July 22, 2017 1:46 AM

Della, that's weird. I posted smooches at the same time as you and I'm not R88. Jinx!

by Anonymousreply 225July 22, 2017 1:47 AM

Ooooh, we all must be psychotic, er , I mean psychic, r225.

Anyway, I agree with others here that have been mentioned. I will never get Jimmy Fallon, Taylor Swift. I actually admire and respect Oprah's stardom.

by Anonymousreply 226July 22, 2017 1:52 AM

As a white chick, I resent the notion that I don't get Beyoncé because I "didn't get" formation because it wasn't "made for me". Huh? Is the argument that formation is somehow empowering for black people? What exactly did formation do for black people? Beyoncé wishes. Sadly, figures like James Baldwin and Nina Simone (artists that truly understood black empowerment) aren't household names. God this country sucks. (and before you say it...yes, I hate Britney, Swift, Perry and the rest of them - but they aren't revered nearly as much as Beyoncé)

by Anonymousreply 227July 22, 2017 1:55 AM

Oprah is a fucking whore who mad money off of exporting other people's misery. She only told one part of a story without even attempting to get the entire narrative. I hope she rots in hell!

by Anonymousreply 228July 22, 2017 1:59 AM

Mad money.

by Anonymousreply 229July 22, 2017 2:01 AM

People who travel to unfriendly and dangerous countries.

by Anonymousreply 230July 22, 2017 2:01 AM

Claude Lévi-Strauss.

Also how did Data Lounge became so tediously low brow? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 231July 22, 2017 2:11 AM

[quote] Also how did Data Lounge became so tediously low brow?

Eugene Levy-Strauss

by Anonymousreply 232July 22, 2017 2:13 AM

I don't get the opera. I appreciate an opera recording, but I can derive no pleasure attending such antiquated entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 233July 22, 2017 2:20 AM

How this fuck is the president of the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234July 22, 2017 2:22 AM

What contemporary opera companies failed to take into account, is that going to the opera was a social occasion for hundreds of years, and the audience was never expected to pay rapt attention to the epic operas themselves.

by Anonymousreply 235July 22, 2017 2:24 AM

Watching that clip of GWTW I didn't realize one of the first things out of Scarlett's mouth is 'I'll think about that tomorrow.'

Leigh throws it away so you barely notice it.

I saw that film so many times years ago. Haven't seen it in ages. And I just got that.

Amazing how many people worked on that script and how it holds together.

by Anonymousreply 236July 22, 2017 2:25 AM

Did the audiences talk during the performances, R235?

by Anonymousreply 237July 22, 2017 2:26 AM

Bars.

by Anonymousreply 238July 22, 2017 2:27 AM

[quote] Did the audiences talk during the performances,

Yes. Not R235. It was very interactive not just among the audience. It was only after the revolutions of the 18th and 19th centuries that the bourgeoisie who started attending concerts and opera put on a pretense of seriousness.

by Anonymousreply 239July 22, 2017 2:31 AM

Bossy bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 240July 22, 2017 2:31 AM

R236, my mother loved that line and couldn't understand why people never seemed to hear it. Scarlett was obviously no more impressed by Rhett at the end as she was when she met him. She had bigger fish to fry and a plantation to save.

by Anonymousreply 241July 22, 2017 2:40 AM

Lost interest in Oprah when she started doing those "Oprah's Favorite Things" Christmas giveaway shows. It all seemed so materialistic. The audience screaming about a material object. Oprah got rich, discovered she could buy anything she wanted, then that became her focus in life, and what little interest I had in her evaporated.

by Anonymousreply 242July 22, 2017 2:41 AM

R216. i am here for the sole purpose to bug the shit out of little flammer twat queens like you. I have detested them my entire life . you are like old society pasadena ladies with big summer bonnets with your pinched lips and skank smelly twats

by Anonymousreply 243July 22, 2017 3:03 AM

R243, are you AIKC?

by Anonymousreply 244July 22, 2017 3:06 AM

my dogs are AKC is that the same thing? if yes , then yes i am

by Anonymousreply 245July 22, 2017 3:07 AM

Yes, people used to bring sandwiches and bottles of wine to the opera and have little parties in their boxes. They would wear capes and masks to conceal their identities.

by Anonymousreply 246July 22, 2017 3:23 AM

A lot of "Get off of my lawn!" comments in this thread. You guys aren't the target audience for hip hop. You sound like a bunch of 1950s fraus angry that Elvis and rock music have eclipsed your precious Bing Crosby.

by Anonymousreply 247July 22, 2017 3:37 AM

R247, Bing Crosby was a wife and child abuser. He was not precious.

by Anonymousreply 248July 22, 2017 3:43 AM

Tits.

by Anonymousreply 249July 22, 2017 3:52 AM

[quote] Tits.

I like Henry Cavill's tits.

by Anonymousreply 250July 22, 2017 3:59 AM

felching

by Anonymousreply 251July 22, 2017 6:07 AM

Are Oprah and Beyoncé evil twins?

by Anonymousreply 252July 22, 2017 6:20 AM

r247 Since when is Beyoncé's music considered hip hop?

by Anonymousreply 253July 22, 2017 8:07 AM

Puerilization of popular culture: it started with adults reading "Harry Potter" on the subway. Then we got superhero movies and TV shows, TGOT, "The Hunger Games", young adult literature, kiddie food passed off as the latest fad (cupcakes, lollipop cakes, etc.), teenage social media "influencers", bad pop music geared towards young girls and paedo bears saturating the market and so on, and so on. Is there any pop culture left these days that's made for thinking adults?

by Anonymousreply 254July 22, 2017 8:18 AM

Beyonce is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 255July 22, 2017 8:18 AM

Thank you r254! It goes even deeper than that. Even commercials now use infantile music and cartoons to sell adult products.

by Anonymousreply 256July 22, 2017 8:30 AM

I don't get why people here (and probably elsewhere) get themselves so worked up about other people being fat. I just don't get how anyone gives a shit. Or why people go crying to the council when a neighbor paints their own house in stupid colors.

by Anonymousreply 257July 22, 2017 8:59 AM

[quote]A lot of "Get off of my lawn!" comments in this thread. You guys aren't the target audience for hip hop.

Neither are you - so what they fuck do you know about it?

[quote] You sound like a bunch of 1950s fraus angry that Elvis and rock music have eclipsed your precious Bing Crosby.

Gosh, aren't you hilarious.!

You think you're cool and edgy liking this stale, boring crap.

by Anonymousreply 258July 22, 2017 9:44 AM

[quote]A lot of "Get off of my lawn!" comments in this thread. You guys aren't the target audience for hip hop.

what about 'don't get' don't you get?

by Anonymousreply 259July 22, 2017 9:48 AM

I don't get tea. Tea shops? The art of tea? Tea ceremonies? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 260July 22, 2017 10:22 AM

[quote]Or why people go crying to the council when a neighbor paints their own house in stupid colors.

They have to look at it.

by Anonymousreply 261July 22, 2017 12:32 PM

^ Tea enemas can be very satisfying, you've just been using the wrong hole!

by Anonymousreply 262July 22, 2017 12:42 PM

Grown men who think they're being 'naughty' by posting toddler speak about "doo doos" and "poop".

by Anonymousreply 263July 22, 2017 2:43 PM

I knew an older guy who enjoyed getting wine enemas. He'd regale us with tales of the different European countries he visited where he could always find a man willing to do with.

He was found dead in his apartment - alcohol poisoning.

by Anonymousreply 264July 22, 2017 2:50 PM

Straight women going crazy for a guys butt.

by Anonymousreply 265July 22, 2017 2:59 PM

R263 must be driven as insane as I am when a putative adult posts about 'my no-no hole.'

by Anonymousreply 266July 22, 2017 3:11 PM

Yup!

by Anonymousreply 267July 22, 2017 3:35 PM

R255. people like truly scare me. Idolizing moronic negro woman who has no talent and is married to thug drug dealer. this brain dead couple travel the world (cuba and act so insensitive. like they are some royalty). and perform disgusting acts like at the superbowl. Beyonce and her drug dealer husband are garbage and for you 255 to make such an ignorant statement about a no talented skank makes you a moron

by Anonymousreply 268July 22, 2017 3:59 PM

[quote]Gays for Trump. REALLY? We don't want you marching in gay pride parades, either.

Inclusion wins.

by Anonymousreply 269July 22, 2017 4:21 PM

[quote] The word 'intersectional' and the term 'gender fluid'. So tiresome to this eldergay still acclimating to 'q***r'.

I am younger than you and I reject all these concepts on the grounds that they are stealth homophobic propaganda. G*nd*r is a network of lies designed to subjugate women and erase gay men, and the q-word will never not be offensive despite all the retrograde attempts to normalize it.

by Anonymousreply 270July 22, 2017 4:25 PM

If Beyoncé was white, she'd be dismissed as a Britney wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 271July 22, 2017 4:27 PM

R271.......AMEN

by Anonymousreply 272July 22, 2017 4:30 PM

R270. loves to hear their own words and re reads their own emails and postings hundreds of times. for the rest of us its ZZZZZzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 273July 22, 2017 4:33 PM

Beyonce is perfection. Old white queers don't always get her.

by Anonymousreply 274July 22, 2017 5:56 PM

I hate Beyonce and that type of music with the intensity of 1,000 suns about to go nova. But to say she's got no talent is just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 275July 22, 2017 6:00 PM

fanny packs.

by Anonymousreply 276July 22, 2017 6:02 PM

R274. you need to get a life and stop trying to live through whores who are married to drug dealers who would spit on you if they saw you in the street. "Fans" its just another word for LOSER. i bet you have the entire cast of dream girls autographs. and you would just wet your pants if diana ross would just answer one of your fan letters.......loser loser loser. you are right there with people who attend star trek conventions and wait in line to see jonny depp pirate movies.............YES YOU ARE A LOSER

by Anonymousreply 277July 22, 2017 6:05 PM

R273 has nothing to refute the irrefutable facts at R270 so he admits to having a low attention span and being an ignoramus. It's people like you who enable the systemic oppression of women and gay men at the hands of the heterosexual gentile oppressor classes.

by Anonymousreply 278July 22, 2017 6:09 PM

R278 hey NERD. dont you have some science project to attend to? get off data lounge your sour stench is polluting the place. more important your boring.I have a visual. you look and sound just like that crack head queen kevin sussems . That old troll got hooked on crack at age 55 and now wears it as a badge of being a survivor. what person gets hooked on crack at age 55? queen troll loser

by Anonymousreply 279July 22, 2017 6:13 PM

Ok, let the hell fire rain down on me...

But I don't "get" Judy Garland. AND I say this as a 54 years old man that is into all things traditionally gay/camp. A bit of background, I a major movie buff, I also have a degree in film history, an advanced degree in film production and work as an executive in the Hollywood entertainment industry. My DVR is always taping TCM, I love and appreciate the golden era movies and its stars from film and tv. And not that it makes any difference but even I live near the Gumm family home in Silverlake, so I know my Hollywood cinema history. I've seen all her movies, BUT Judy Garland I find her annoying, unattractive and just meh. I guess I just don't have that particular gay gene.

PS - just now I read the above post to my 46-year husband and he literally walked out of the room and said: "fuck off, stop talking." So yeah, even in my intimate circle of people, on this particular issue, I'm an outlier.

PPS - Love, love Liza and love her movies (even the bad ones like Arthur) and have seen her in concerts too many times to count

PPPS - husband just came back in the room and said I'm just trying to be a provocateur and get DL'rs angry. I told him, no if I wanted to get into real trouble I'd say Beyoncé

by Anonymousreply 280July 22, 2017 6:39 PM

[quote] But to say she's got no talent is just stupid.

The only talent she has is convincing gullible people that pole dancing is feminism and in normalizing autotune.

by Anonymousreply 281July 22, 2017 6:42 PM

I need to share the one Oprah moment that made me dislike her. She was interviewing George Michael about his toilet arrest and he was talking about his time in the closet. She said to him, "I just can't imagine having one particular sexuality and having to hide it." GM just kept saying "uh huh uh huh." If she wants to be in the closet, be in the closet. GM had been outed in a way that was humiliating on a global level. I don't condone his behavior that led to his outing but for her to sit there and spew that vile lie in front of him made me sick . Rather than speak such a line of crap, it would have been better had she said nothing. It was an insult to GM, an insult to Gayle, and to all of us who lost a lot when we came out. She is in such a powerful position now that there is no reason for her to lie about this any more.

by Anonymousreply 282July 22, 2017 6:59 PM

I don't get the Oprah is gay meme. She's not, there is no proof that she is. Gayle is strictly dickly and Oprah has addressed the stupid rumor enough times. If she were gay she would have told us so. We know practically everyone who's ever touched her down there! A woman who breaks down crying on live TV and confessed her past crack addiction because of the MAN she was dating, has lost a brother to AIDS and has a gay step sister is unlikely to have kept being queer a secret for this long.

by Anonymousreply 283July 22, 2017 7:09 PM

Great thread. Difference between "I don't like" and "how can other people like" is hard to explain but this thread gets it. great post r62. Moar.

Totally get why ppl loved Oprah even though I rarely watched her. Amazing story, poor black girl grows up to become fifth richest woman on planet through chicken soup for soul appeal. Maybe she was trying to be sympathetic r282 but clueless. What's not to get?

Don't get the appeal of rap. Is it music or something else? Keep waiting for it to disappear, but it keeps getting made, bought, and listened to, and I don't get that.

by Anonymousreply 284July 22, 2017 7:10 PM

Yeah, I thought rap, like punk would have lasted 5 years. But it has been pu$hed way more than punk ever was.

by Anonymousreply 285July 22, 2017 7:29 PM

R281 ,R282... people like you and your posts which are AUTHENTIC are why i keep coming back to datalounge. your are direct (which i am working on)and you speak truth without the bullshit. thank you.

R284. I never got the appeal of rap. I never figured it would still be around. How people feel that someone like kanye west has talent is really beyond me. There is no talent there it is all a facade and i suspect that is whats behind his crashes and mental issues. he has no talent . he knows that and he realizes that someday the rest of the world is going to come to the realization

by Anonymousreply 286July 22, 2017 7:40 PM

That's because it's part of a CIA plot to keep the black man down.

by Anonymousreply 287July 22, 2017 8:35 PM

R287. thanks for that great insight . please explain how Ovomita worked into that plan and his man faced wife . also are their friends snoop dog and J.z in on the plan?

by Anonymousreply 288July 22, 2017 8:39 PM

Guns and Feet. I know they don't normally go together, but I just don't get the fascination with either.

by Anonymousreply 289July 22, 2017 8:42 PM

[R284] Please. Oprah is many, many things but clueless is not one of them. No one rises to her level of success by not reading signs and understanding people. At least not in her business so trying to be sympathetic but clueless....nope. Not Oprah. I think she was using his humiliation as one more opportunity for her to deny being lesbian. That had nothing to do with him and everything to do with herself.

[R286] Thank you

by Anonymousreply 290July 22, 2017 9:01 PM

I don't get why a person who knows damn well she has a half a pencil dick like "ashamed in Kansas city" would come on dl and expose her shortcomings to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 291July 22, 2017 9:08 PM

[quote]That's because it's part of a CIA plot to keep the black man down.

Well it isn't bringing anyone up, be they black, white, male or female.

by Anonymousreply 292July 22, 2017 9:38 PM

I don't get how the "Patton Oswald engaged to Meredith Salenger" thread has over 180 posts. Who cares about either of them?

by Anonymousreply 293July 22, 2017 9:47 PM

Chambo

Colto

by Anonymousreply 294July 22, 2017 9:56 PM

The way media portrays children with autism as being somehow "enlightened/special" and as good as anyone else. Trust me, I'm a teacher and teaching kids with autism is a massive pain. Mothers and fathers who insist on putting kids with problems in mainstream classes are fucking up classroom dynamics and making teaching/learning difficult for everyone. Wait until your kid leaves school and ends up in front of a computer game for the next 40 years and then you'll know how special they really are.

by Anonymousreply 295July 22, 2017 10:14 PM

Italian anything. Greasy culture with people to match. And don't even get me started on the American ones.

by Anonymousreply 296July 22, 2017 10:27 PM

american italians? you must have had some serious rejections. because for those of us who truly enjoy them. they are so very hot

by Anonymousreply 297July 22, 2017 10:33 PM

yeah really, Italians? is this 1900? Are we on Beacon Hill?

by Anonymousreply 298July 22, 2017 10:35 PM

If Chandler has to be "Chambo," Colton has to be "Coltbo." He wouldn't sound as stupid otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 299July 22, 2017 11:32 PM

Sushi.

by Anonymousreply 300July 22, 2017 11:33 PM

Oh god, yes, sushi. And it's not cheap, either.

by Anonymousreply 301July 22, 2017 11:37 PM

Yeah sushi is so boring.

by Anonymousreply 302July 22, 2017 11:46 PM

I never understood why so many people thought the young Ben Affleck was good looking. I thought he was very ordinary looking like many of the people you see in corporate America.

by Anonymousreply 303July 22, 2017 11:52 PM

R303, I thought after that awful football show was canceled, he was one and done. Faust, baby, Faust.

by Anonymousreply 304July 22, 2017 11:57 PM

R282 odd that you presume you know someone's sexual behavior that you have never met

by Anonymousreply 305July 23, 2017 12:10 AM

Fisting.

by Anonymousreply 306July 23, 2017 12:17 AM

Hasidic Jews... "G-d will smite me if I drive a car on a Saturday!"

by Anonymousreply 307July 23, 2017 12:46 AM

Pancakes

Richard Gere

Recycling

The The's "Mind Bomb" album

Dick cheese

Cottage cheese

"Cellular" providers

Middlebury College

by Anonymousreply 308July 23, 2017 12:53 AM

R280 - I have no real love of the movie the Wizard of Oz at all, except for the cute monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 309July 23, 2017 1:09 AM

What don't you get about recycling? Do you like to be wasteful?

by Anonymousreply 310July 23, 2017 1:22 AM

I don't get cottage cheese, either.

by Anonymousreply 311July 23, 2017 2:04 AM

i love cottage cheese especially with chives

by Anonymousreply 312July 23, 2017 2:07 AM

[quote] If Chandler has to be "Chambo," Colton has to be "Coltbo." He wouldn't sound as stupid otherwise.

Colto.

by Anonymousreply 313July 23, 2017 2:08 AM

Food fads - cupcakes, bacon, pumpkin spice, etc. Oh, I get that marketers of varying types want them, I just don't get why random people who have no financial interest in food sales suddenly start declaring anything with bacon as supreme or that they're "so pumped" when pumpkin spice returns each fall. It's just food, people.

by Anonymousreply 314July 23, 2017 2:17 AM

r313 Dumbo.

by Anonymousreply 315July 23, 2017 3:04 AM

Chambo

Colto

Damo

Dumbo

by Anonymousreply 316July 23, 2017 3:05 AM

Asswipebo

by Anonymousreply 317July 23, 2017 3:06 AM

enough sex

by Anonymousreply 318July 23, 2017 3:16 AM

Donut walls, especially at weddings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319July 23, 2017 3:17 AM

What the fuck are donut walls?

by Anonymousreply 320July 23, 2017 3:20 AM

Seriously. I've never heard of a donut wall before either. It looks like an odd glory hole for fat girls.

by Anonymousreply 321July 23, 2017 3:23 AM

This idiocy, r320 and r321.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322July 23, 2017 3:26 AM

Madonna

by Anonymousreply 323July 23, 2017 3:29 AM

R254 Pop culture turning adults into 7 year old boys started with the first Star Wars movie in 1976. Suddenly it was cool to be into comic books. Not that there was anything wrong with them but the entire male population over 14?

Jesus fucking Christ I truly wish like Hitler and Mussolini Spielberg and Lucas had never been born.

by Anonymousreply 324July 23, 2017 3:41 AM

Sorry Star Wars was '77 so we had an extra year of adults.

by Anonymousreply 325July 23, 2017 4:00 AM

The terrifyingly widespread belief in an anthropomorphic "god" who "loves" you!

Such lunacy is beyond my comprehension!

by Anonymousreply 326July 23, 2017 4:05 AM

R326 clearly

by Anonymousreply 327July 23, 2017 4:07 AM

I didn't know about donut walls, either.

by Anonymousreply 328July 23, 2017 4:12 AM

Here you go, r326!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329July 23, 2017 4:27 AM

"Avocado Hand"

who the fucking fuck ends up in the ER because they seriously have NO IDEA how to properly use a knife to cut an avocado?

WHO i ask you??

are we on planet of the Dopes or what?

by Anonymousreply 330July 23, 2017 4:29 AM

Chelsea Handler - she has never said anything I think is funny, and I don't even like to hear her speak.

by Anonymousreply 331July 23, 2017 4:52 AM

The Star Wars movies

by Anonymousreply 332July 23, 2017 4:55 AM

ComicCon, which happens to be going on right now in San Diego. It's all fictional! Why spend thousands of dollars over something that doesn't actually exist?

by Anonymousreply 333July 23, 2017 5:49 AM

Hugh Jackman's attraction . . . either to gay males or straight females.

by Anonymousreply 334July 23, 2017 8:01 AM

[R305] Odd that you presume to know who I know and don't know. I have never said that I don't know Oprah. Not knowing me, you have no idea who I know and who I don't. I have many friends and family members who are, in some way, involved in show business. I know a lot of people

by Anonymousreply 335July 23, 2017 6:01 PM

R333 - My mother found out that her younger half-sister (age 70) with whom she is not in contact is into the society for creative anachronism stuff where they all dress-up in medieval costumes. She is beside herself with disgust at this.

by Anonymousreply 336July 23, 2017 6:05 PM

R319 it sounds like a fat deplorable wedding

by Anonymousreply 337July 23, 2017 6:32 PM

People who send their "love and prayers" or "thoughts and prayers" during times of tragedy, yet these people have probably never prayed once in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 338July 23, 2017 6:37 PM

R329. ..thank you. your efforts are appreciated. btw. R326 loves to read and reread his own postings

by Anonymousreply 339July 23, 2017 6:41 PM

Zombie movies or series. Comic book movies. Lens Dunham. Justin Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 340July 23, 2017 6:42 PM

Hamilton

by Anonymousreply 341July 23, 2017 6:44 PM

R341.... NAILED IT

by Anonymousreply 342July 23, 2017 6:46 PM

R341 and R342 are racists.

by Anonymousreply 343July 23, 2017 7:00 PM

People who complain about spending $300 for a child's toy which the child then gets bored with(no? You're kidding!) And then claims others who call him out for being a fool are poor people obsessed with his money.

Can somebody in the universe explain this beyond an elderly uncle's dementia?

by Anonymousreply 344July 23, 2017 7:08 PM

Dyatlov.

by Anonymousreply 345July 23, 2017 7:09 PM

the concept of "type"

by Anonymousreply 346July 23, 2017 7:51 PM

I think I had heard the term "donut wall" before, but paid no attention. It's a real thing, and seems fairly unsanitary. Why not just a platter of donuts.

by Anonymousreply 347July 23, 2017 7:54 PM

Donut Wall? they do them at weddings how appropriate. Just another part of that bullshit that people buy into especially heterosexual women. Weddings such a bunch of bull shit crap. I wish i could come up with a business like that where everything involved is priced at 100 times its cost and i can say its because the couple is "making memories" . Everything down to the "brides maids" the flowers, the "setting" its such a bunch of crook. my parents married justice of the peace 40yrs ago . still married. no bullshit expensive worthless wedding . The rule of thumb these days is the more expensive the wedding the less time it will last

by Anonymousreply 348July 23, 2017 8:03 PM

R335 this is the DL post equivalent to a merry-go-round

by Anonymousreply 349July 23, 2017 8:24 PM

R335 Odd that you presume that I haven't met Oprah. If you actually have met her, which I highly doubt, and still think she's a lesbian, then you are incorrect and terrible at reading people.

by Anonymousreply 350July 23, 2017 8:29 PM

I don't get why some people regard sleep as a moral issue. For example, why they'll speak in admiring terms of a retired person "He gets up at six am, every day!" and get the horrors if someone else sleeps through 'til eleven, even if it's a day off or they work shifts. The people who disapprove of naps, and of staying up past a certain hour, even when the person's fulfilling all responsibilities, and actually spends no more time sleeping than they do, just different hours. I don't mean to be ageist but it seems more common in people over 50 to take a weird pride in waking up at five or six am,when they don't need to, just for the sake of it.

by Anonymousreply 351July 23, 2017 8:35 PM

Beyonce, Spiderman, heavy metal.

by Anonymousreply 352July 23, 2017 8:38 PM

R551 my uncle is always making snarky comments about my father sleeping until 7AM and taking a nap in the afternoon and my uncle will say with pride that he starts his day at 5AM everyday of the week. Thing is he's also in bed by 6PM every night and when I pointed out that he actually sleeps more hours than my father he got agitated and said he didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 353July 23, 2017 8:39 PM

^^^Meant R351

by Anonymousreply 354July 23, 2017 8:40 PM

Yes, R353! That's exactly the kind of thing I mean.

by Anonymousreply 355July 23, 2017 8:45 PM

Ben Affleck, even when he looked better than he does now and his eyes could be seen.

Social media. I enjoy staying in touch with friends but I can't imagine the thrill of putting my life out there for strangers. Seems narcissistic somehow.

by Anonymousreply 356July 23, 2017 8:51 PM

R350 doesn't do stairs.

by Anonymousreply 357July 23, 2017 8:53 PM

I've never understood why so many dread Mondays. I've always viewed them as a clean slate, a new beginning.

by Anonymousreply 358July 23, 2017 9:02 PM

I don't know why so many people want to have kids. It seems so thankless, and you can never sleep in, have time for yourself, or do anything spontaneously.

by Anonymousreply 359July 23, 2017 9:05 PM

Especially gays, R359.

by Anonymousreply 360July 23, 2017 9:09 PM

Agreed, R359. Wait until they're teens and you discover they were born smarter than you will ever be. And you get back to having sleepless nights wondering what they're up to now.

by Anonymousreply 361July 23, 2017 9:21 PM

Ever notice how teenagers know everything but almost none of it is true?

by Anonymousreply 362July 23, 2017 9:29 PM

porn Brandon

by Anonymousreply 363July 23, 2017 9:42 PM

[quote]ComicCon, which happens to be going on right now in San Diego. It's all fictional!

That's... that's literally the whole point. Did you honestly think the appeal there was that we thought it's all real and nobody was clued in except you?

Kinda why the majority of the libraries are around, as well.

by Anonymousreply 364July 23, 2017 10:54 PM

I don't get why only white people can be racists.

by Anonymousreply 365July 23, 2017 10:59 PM

I don't get how "doughnuts" became "donuts".

by Anonymousreply 366July 23, 2017 10:59 PM

R359. having kids makes no sense any longer. the out go$$ is tremendous and the return or likely return is low. The world is way to self absorbed now and kids will not take care of parents any longer so why bother with them? they all want to grow up to be kardashians . kids are a very bad investment

by Anonymousreply 367July 23, 2017 11:08 PM

lying liars and sooner than later the idiots who believe them.

by Anonymousreply 368July 23, 2017 11:09 PM

I just don't get how an uncut guy can scrub his dick with a nail brush and bleach yet his cock will still smell like urine and smegma.

by Anonymousreply 369July 23, 2017 11:32 PM

[quote] Dyatlov.

RIght?

by Anonymousreply 370July 23, 2017 11:56 PM

American cheese.

by Anonymousreply 371July 24, 2017 12:11 AM

R265, I'm definitely not into men's butts either. Don't even notice them at all. However I've always known other straight women who make a big deal about their firmness and shape or lack thereof.

Upon my queries I'm told the answer is they always grab onto them to guide the rate of thrusting during sex. Apparently some straight men like that as well. Give me strong, protective arms, shoulders, and chest instead and that's where my hands & focus goes. So hope that answers your question but realize I'll probably be dissed for posting the info.

by Anonymousreply 372July 24, 2017 12:32 AM

An interesting insight R372.

by Anonymousreply 373July 24, 2017 12:55 AM

People who are really competitive at everything, not just sports. You can't do anything with them because they must win and if they don't they get pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 374July 24, 2017 12:56 AM

The View.

by Anonymousreply 375July 24, 2017 1:15 AM

Gays buying into the whole wedding and children bullshit.

Hets I get because it's over a couple of thousand years of brain washing but when gays get all ooh and ahh over the nuptials and children crap it's really vomit inducing.

Like somebody said just have a quiet ceremony for those closest to you. Why you even need that I have no fucking clue. Just have the goddamn relationship already you don't need anybody else's affirmation.

by Anonymousreply 376July 24, 2017 1:24 AM

pinched lip gays and all gays who refer to their mates as "husbands" that just turns my stomach

by Anonymousreply 377July 24, 2017 1:26 AM

How straight men find lesbian sex hot.

by Anonymousreply 378July 24, 2017 1:28 AM

[quote]Like somebody said just have a quiet ceremony for those closest to you. Why you even need that I have no fucking clue. Just have the goddamn relationship already you don't need anybody else's affirmation.

apparently in Montana, you don't need to even have witness.

That's what I'd call romantic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379July 24, 2017 1:28 AM

"Things You Just Don"t "Get""

Enough dick.

by Anonymousreply 380July 24, 2017 1:33 AM

On jeopardy, one woman a contestant explained that she found out coincidently from someone that in Colorado cohabitation means a common-law spouse so that you are considered married by the state without a ceremony at all. She said she went home and told her significant other that he was henceforth her husband and that was that.

by Anonymousreply 381July 24, 2017 1:34 AM

The Ignore function on DL, means everyone can check for themselves, so I don't get how some people still accuse a bunch of other DL users in the same thread, of all being the same person.

by Anonymousreply 382July 24, 2017 1:38 AM

R161, Recall at the height of BLM protests due to several police incidents of supposedly overreacting and killing unnecessarily, there were loud questions of where were the "Black stars" who had the media's ear because they "had made it." They were not marginalized as angry, unemployed, poor trash with nothing to live for and were therefore in the streets rioting.

Beyonce's name in particular kept coming up. There were claims she had sold out and was trying to become White to keep the money rolling in while ignoring her original fan base. Her response came at the next Superbowl.

By the way IMHO some of those who died at police hands should have known survival meant maintaining an extremely submissive posture and position when confronted. Others very sadly were in the wrong place at the wrong time and therefore very unlucky. Unfair to group all of the victims together. Also extremely unfair to the poorest of the poor and elderly victims who could not get to work, doctors' appointments, access to a nearby store to get their meds, etc. Why do rioters always hurt those on the bottom rung? That's what I don't get.

by Anonymousreply 383July 24, 2017 1:49 AM

R195, I don't get why you're bringing up the "Illuminati" which for some reason I just don't get seems to be a forbidden topic on DL. Watch me be called a lover of "conspiracy theories" for writing this post.

Then again I don't get those who must attack anyone who might disagree with them no matter how trivial the topic. Thrilled others have brought this subject up in earlier posts. Must not forget to say a sincere "thank you."

by Anonymousreply 384July 24, 2017 1:56 AM

Sagging pants. Someone please explain.

by Anonymousreply 385July 24, 2017 2:08 AM

As I've said upthread, I don't get why people want children. It doesn't affect me either way, I just don't get it. But I also don't get why some people care (a lot) that other people (like me) don't want children.

by Anonymousreply 386July 24, 2017 2:13 AM

R217, What was so disappointing about Oprah Winfrey is that the more economic success she achieved the more she appeared to change what so many admired about her in the 1st place.

Instead of stories about Oprah buying real fur coats for herself and her top staff members, why didn't we hear how she had gone into the poorest of the poor communities in the US and create child care programs in an attempt to change the mentality of those stuck in a cycle of welfare and young teen pregnancy? Why not go to factory and business owners and offer job training to mothers without hope of changing their lives? Why didn't she set up free drug and alcohol addiction counseling programs?

Of course Oprah Winfrey has the right to enjoy the financial fruits of her labor. However IMHO she had a responsibility to demonstrate to her fans how after spending a certain per cent on AMERICAN charities which help AMERICANS, she now was going to demonstrate sensible luxury spending ie invest in RE, AMERICAN businesses to help others as well as guarantee a high ROR for herself, entrepreneurial projects which would benefit future generations as well as show a profit, etc.

Instead Oprah Winfrey in general demonstrated exactly what's wrong with the nouveau riche of all races. Showing off buying overly expensive frivolous items like fur coats instead of money making, practical investments that also help other AMERICANS. When Americans meddle in other countries too often it comes with unfortunate consequences as we impose our cultural values on the world.

What happened to charity starts at home when there are so many dying which minor assistance could prevent? Kudos to all those who started informal restaurants where the homeless learned the skills of running a kitchen while feeding community members. These are the kinds of people I'd like to see on the covers of magazines and publicly lauded for their consistent efforts. Note that the majority did not get any government funding either.

Ditto to all of those who created tiny houses for the very sick and homeless. So WHY didn't Oprah Winfrey and the rest of the celebs who are said to be wanting to be VP candidates and more force changes in outdated governmental laws which required the tiny houses to be torn down and removed? That's a person I'd admire as more than just an unrealistic figurehead.

by Anonymousreply 387July 24, 2017 2:26 AM

[R349] [R350] Thank you so much for co-opting my signature. I like you, too.

I have met Oprah and spent quite a bit of time with her. I sincerely doubt that you have. I think you're saying you have to make yourself look better.

Anyway, have a great evening!

by Anonymousreply 388July 24, 2017 2:44 AM

[R350] Just one more thing. My husband says you're right and I"m horrible at reading people, although I think horrible maybe overstating it. He also says the Oprah I met was a drag queen. Hilarious.

Now we can get off the merry go round

by Anonymousreply 389July 24, 2017 4:37 AM

R382, Can't tell you how many, many times I've had to block the exact same person, obvious as his writing style and limited but very childish verbiage is like a screaming flare. I only use one laptop on DL yet have been falsely accused of being hundreds of different posters.

by Anonymousreply 390July 24, 2017 6:55 AM

For all of you who repeatedly start almost identical Trump threads please watch the linked vid. Warning it is not at all PC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391July 24, 2017 6:57 AM

Dr. Who. Dr. Fucking Who.

by Anonymousreply 392July 24, 2017 12:29 PM

Why some people on the DL turn so viciously and severely on celebrities who have been kind to the gay community?

People who have: recognized/understood/promoted/celebrated/cared about/befriended gay people, do not deserve our wrath.

by Anonymousreply 393July 24, 2017 12:51 PM

How someone could start a thread without considering the fact that we'd have to look at THAT PICTURE every time the thread pops up again.

by Anonymousreply 394July 24, 2017 12:52 PM

[quote]How someone could start a thread without considering the fact that we'd have to look at THAT PICTURE every time the thread pops up again.

Shadddup, she's acting!

by Anonymousreply 395July 24, 2017 1:46 PM

i don't enough money

by Anonymousreply 396July 24, 2017 2:45 PM

*enough*

dammit!!

by Anonymousreply 397July 24, 2017 2:46 PM

Harry Potter anything.

by Anonymousreply 398July 24, 2017 2:47 PM

breeders....why anyone would want to brings kids into the mess of this planet is beyond me.....

by Anonymousreply 399July 24, 2017 3:09 PM

People who stay in violent relationships. Hit me once and you're history.

by Anonymousreply 400July 24, 2017 4:36 PM

Any Schumer. Her face literally scares me.

by Anonymousreply 401July 24, 2017 4:38 PM

Barebacking

by Anonymousreply 402July 24, 2017 4:41 PM

Pussy. Anymore.

No thanks, more for my sapphic sisters I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 403July 24, 2017 5:40 PM

Oh, good. KC is back.

by Anonymousreply 404July 24, 2017 5:50 PM

Howdy hon, R404.

Millenial pals and fuckbuddy keeping my ancient self quite busy.

Miss you Muriel. You wonderful goddess construct, you. 💋

by Anonymousreply 405July 24, 2017 5:58 PM

It's one thing to have an innate nurturing quality to care for children, especially those in foster homes and orphanages. But many couples immediately disregard adoption, and are determined to bring their OWN child into the world.

by Anonymousreply 406July 24, 2017 6:09 PM

[quote]People who stay in violent relationships. Hit me once and you're history.

Abusers groom their victims in much the same way as molesters. You're not likely to be good victim material with your attitude, so you probably don't have anything to worry about. I knew a serial abuser who said he could spot a potential relationship from a mile away.

by Anonymousreply 407July 24, 2017 6:12 PM

R396/397 yep that's me. what i don't get is why i can't type properly and make stupid typos which means i am a lousy proofreader as well. i don't want to live......

by Anonymousreply 408July 24, 2017 6:22 PM

R385, Poor kids in large families often grew up wearing their older siblings hand-me-downs to the constant derision of their classmates. Same with torn or ripped clothing mothers no longer had the time or energy to mend.

When some street rappers became famous they reversed the trend of trying to look absolutely perfect. Models will tell you it's a lot harder to make over sized and "artistically destroyed" clothing look fab. Perhaps it's also a reversal of the skin tight jeans which only look good on some of us.

Levi's years ago made a very clever commercial that won numerous awards and got a lot of pap attention of a young woman trying to zip up her jeans. So loose fitting pants which were sold as much more comfortable gave way to gansta pants which were so "easy fitting"they fell off your hips. Some thought it was hot to show off the color and style of your underwear. Easy for boys and those with very small behinds.

by Anonymousreply 409July 25, 2017 1:53 AM

R322, Thanks for posting those disgusting looking walls so I now know what to avoid. Seriously I never heard of the trend before your informative pictures. Like fancy cake frosting some things taste so unimaginably horrible it's unbelievable. Especially when they're made with cheap fat.

by Anonymousreply 410July 25, 2017 1:57 AM

Drag queens, trannies, gender-benders.

by Anonymousreply 411July 25, 2017 3:55 AM

I'll never understand the appeal of paying more for a particular product because the buyer thinks certain stores have some kind of cachet.

by Anonymousreply 412July 25, 2017 4:01 AM

Nathan lane.

As abrasive and unpleasant and unhappy as they come.

I imagine at some point he will have been found out to be as ugly inside as Jerry Lewis and Bing Crosby.

by Anonymousreply 413July 25, 2017 4:08 AM

Thanks R390 , I was recently accused of being two other posters within one thread, and couldn't work out why the accuser didn't notice we were all separate individuals. (Or maybe he knew but was trolling?)

by Anonymousreply 414July 25, 2017 12:28 PM

People think you might be different posters because some dump cookies and talk to themselves or agree with themselves, like ashamed in Kansas city up thread.

by Anonymousreply 415July 25, 2017 1:01 PM

R414 Was it one of the Trans Trolls doing the accusing? It spent much of a thread accusing me and some other poster of being "Matt," IIRC. I'll never understand what psychological need is being satisfied by insisting posters are someone other than who they say they are. It's similar, I suppose, to the EST trolls insisting that 'this never happened."

by Anonymousreply 416July 25, 2017 1:09 PM

[quote] breeders....why anyone would want to brings kids into the mess of this planet is beyond me.....

Someone has to create more gay people. Turkey basters and in-vitro have eliminated the need for PIV-rape to continue the human species.

by Anonymousreply 417July 25, 2017 2:26 PM

"PIV-rape" troll, you're not funny.

by Anonymousreply 418July 25, 2017 2:27 PM

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm stating a fact, and the fact is that exclusive heterosexuality is institutionalized rape.

by Anonymousreply 419July 25, 2017 2:32 PM

[quote]Sagging pants. Someone please explain.

They are showing off their asses to you because they want you to reach out and give it a feel.

Go ahead. Don't be shy.

by Anonymousreply 420July 25, 2017 4:00 PM

That's the one, R416 ! Yeah, it was the Trans-Defender Troll, and I was the other person being called "Matt". I'm curious now: I wonder why "Matt", does "Matt exist? And, why can't we be called "Cordelia"?

Thanks R415 . I guess it's not pure paranoia on his part then, if people actually do that.

by Anonymousreply 421July 25, 2017 4:44 PM

all these lame shows on TV....america's got talent, so you think you can dance, the voice, american idol, little big shots, old people who think they can still do shit and still got it so go on TV and embarrass everyone...... BASTA!!!!

can;t we just bring back Queen for a Day?? remember the woman who won who was given a years worth of watermelon because that was all he child could eat?? no? ok then.....

by Anonymousreply 422July 26, 2017 5:11 AM

[quote] remember the woman who won who was given a years worth of watermelon because that was all he child could eat??

I hope that wasn't a black woman because that's just racist.

by Anonymousreply 423July 26, 2017 6:34 AM

actually it was not a black lady ! they oughta remake this one instead of all the other stupid gong show ones.....

really, watch this 4 minute clip....this is unbelievable this was on TV. can you imagine who would be on there now and for what???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424July 26, 2017 8:15 AM

The so-called truth tellers in the media and Washington who continue to white-wash John McCains's American hero status and mavericky, straight talkin', carefully crafted, and self-serving image. Even now, after he gave that "inspiring" and "heroic" speech on returning to regular order regarding repeal and replace of the ACA, he voted to do just that. I honestly don't get THIS.

by Anonymousreply 425July 26, 2017 10:10 AM

Maybe it's the cancer, R425. It's in his brain, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 426July 26, 2017 12:22 PM

Why R411 & R415 would sully my good tag AIKC, with toxic bile and sock puppet me....again and again. My feelings are so hurt. Like, ya' know? Boo hoo pity party. Whoa is me....

I'd gag you, fag but you're probably a hag.

by Anonymousreply 427July 26, 2017 4:14 PM

Another vote for grown men dressing like kids. Unless you're in the MLB you shouldn't be wearing a baseball cap [bold]everywhere[/bold].

And people who wear sunglasses indoors.

by Anonymousreply 428July 26, 2017 4:19 PM

"Queen for a Day" was one of the 1st shows I was allowed to occasionally watch as a young child. Remember the Hispanic mother who cried when she won. She had only asked for bicycles for her 3 young sons who were supporting the family. Her boys had to walk several miles to their early am job assembling and distributing newspapers before walking to school. Then they had to walk several miles to their after school jobs. At least on the weekends they didn't have to walk to school as well as to work.

Then there was the woman who asked that her boy scout troop leader and his wife be honored publicly on TV. They had done so much for her dying son. The real tear jerker was when her husband also asked that she be honored as well for sacrificing so much for their seriously ill child. The host had her tell some of her fondest memories of her bright, beautiful boy now in Heaven.

Bottom line, "Queen for a Day" was designed to make those with very minor complaints in life look at the bigger picture.

by Anonymousreply 429July 27, 2017 11:16 AM

People who smoke and exercise.

by Anonymousreply 430July 27, 2017 4:11 PM

ava gardner

what was the bfd?

by Anonymousreply 431July 27, 2017 5:07 PM

Guys wearing professional team jerseys with players names on the back. I understand wearing a team jersey if you like the team but why have a players name on it? You're not that player.

by Anonymousreply 432July 27, 2017 8:58 PM

They want to be or fuck the player.

by Anonymousreply 433July 27, 2017 9:07 PM

r429, that show is well before my time, and yet somehow you made me nostalgic for it.

In so many ways we live in such a cynical and ugly era now.

by Anonymousreply 434July 28, 2017 1:13 AM

People who feel the need to invade a DL thread with multiple comments accusing the OP of being some kind of troll.

by Anonymousreply 435July 28, 2017 1:20 AM

People who say "That never happened."

by Anonymousreply 436July 28, 2017 2:48 AM

Actually r8 Oprah is exactly like you saw her on TV, that is why so many people connected to her, she was being herself. I have posted about this before, I worked on a project with her and was around her for 4 1/2 months. What you saw on TV is who she is. The problem is that people also projected things on to Oprah based on their fondness for her believing her to be things she is not.

by Anonymousreply 437July 28, 2017 3:06 AM

New Hampshire

by Anonymousreply 438July 28, 2017 3:20 AM

Just for laugh gag

by Anonymousreply 439July 28, 2017 3:49 AM

Guys wearing professional team jerseys who are not members of the team.

by Anonymousreply 440July 28, 2017 4:04 AM

R440, meet R432.

by Anonymousreply 441July 28, 2017 4:07 AM

Why do you do that, R441?

by Anonymousreply 442July 28, 2017 4:08 AM

[quote] Why do you do that, R441?

To introduce those of like opinions. Why do you ask?

by Anonymousreply 443July 28, 2017 4:17 AM

r443 It is SO annoying.

by Anonymousreply 444July 28, 2017 4:18 AM

Some people have children because it becomes a validation of themselves. Whatever the child achieves, the parent achieves by proxy.

by Anonymousreply 445July 28, 2017 4:23 AM

I don't get the Deplorables and how they can be so gullible and stupid. I live in a town filled with them, see them every day, and I still don't get them. I don't get why they won't think for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 446July 28, 2017 4:25 AM

I don't get the world trying to make transsexualism seem like it is ok when it is some sort of mental illness. I will never get it and never think it is ok. They are nuts!

by Anonymousreply 447July 28, 2017 5:07 AM

R434, I think cynicism is more typical of people who live in larger cities. If you grew up where you didn't own a house key and your neighbors were like your close relatives life is quite different.

by Anonymousreply 448July 28, 2017 8:49 AM

Vain glorious assholes who sock puppet themselves and fill up entire threads with their self speak delusions. Sick prick.

by Anonymousreply 449July 28, 2017 10:34 AM

It's vainglorious, dear

by Anonymousreply 450July 28, 2017 3:19 PM

It's not just Deplorables. "By amateurs in philosophy and professionals alike, the universe is represented as a queer sort of petrified sphinx whose appeal to men consists in a monotonous challenge to his divining powers." It appears to be a human instinct to think that somebody smart is running everything and all you have to do is figure out how to get him to help you. It is the instinct of the pack animal, the dog, the follower.

by Anonymousreply 451July 28, 2017 3:22 PM

The quote is from William James, American philosopher.

by Anonymousreply 452July 28, 2017 3:22 PM

R127, that's black culture. I watched show time at the Apollo on a Saturday night with a Canadian guy and he observed our black culture acts like children. I've never thought of it like that before.

by Anonymousreply 453July 28, 2017 6:05 PM

Why Tom Holland is so popular. He's an average looking guy to me, and I'm actually into skinny twinks yet I don't find him attractive at all, oh well.

by Anonymousreply 454July 30, 2017 8:37 AM

People who refuse to work and prefer to spend their lives on welfare. If you're young and able bodied why would you want to sit around all day doing nothing?

by Anonymousreply 455July 30, 2017 4:40 PM

Because they are too stupid to imagine anything they might become, and too feckless to achieve it. Laziness mixed with fear of leaving their block, mixed with shitty lifestyles until they are forced through preventable illnesses to go on Medicaid.

by Anonymousreply 456July 31, 2017 4:58 AM

Unattractive gay men who flirt and hit on good looking, (usually straight) men. Just because the hot 20 something duebro is being nice to you doesn't mean he wants to go out for drinks with you.

You look like Anthony James in Burnt Offerings and you're pushing a shih tzu in a dog stroller. Lower your standards.

by Anonymousreply 457July 31, 2017 8:50 PM

Sweaters like this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458August 1, 2017 1:28 AM

Females

by Anonymousreply 459August 1, 2017 1:32 AM

R458 a female friend on Facebook posted a picture of 10 women on a Vegas trip, and every one of them was wearing shirts and sweaters with exposed shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 460August 1, 2017 1:35 AM

Rachael is becoming wider than CinemaScope.

by Anonymousreply 461August 1, 2017 1:37 AM

Those "cold shoulder" shirts are almost the ultimate white trash signifier. The ultimate is sparkly butt pockets on jeans.

ugh.

by Anonymousreply 462August 1, 2017 3:27 AM

Leslie Jones getting an Emmy nomination.

by Anonymousreply 463August 1, 2017 3:46 AM

r462 I totally agree! I'm seeing the cold shoulder look everywhere and I can't stand it. I hope they go out of style soon!

by Anonymousreply 464August 1, 2017 5:24 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 465August 6, 2017 3:18 AM

Jimmy Fallon

Beyonce

JAY-Z

Drake

Ali Velshi (Talking Head)

Mika Brzezinski

Justin Bieber

Taylor Swift

The Kardashians & Bruce / Caitlin / Kanye West

Kathy Lee Gifford

Jenna Bush

Jeb Bush

Jackie Evancho

Jennifer Aniston

Chelsea Handler

"Dr Phil"

Jennifer Lopez "the singer"

by Anonymousreply 466August 6, 2017 3:47 AM

Steve Harvey

by Anonymousreply 467August 6, 2017 3:53 AM

UFC fighters. It's barbaric. Why would anyone aspire to get the shit kicked out of them by any means necessary?

by Anonymousreply 468August 6, 2017 4:25 AM

Or boxing, for that matter, R468.

by Anonymousreply 469August 6, 2017 4:26 AM

I just don't get the OP pic. so I'm leaving.

by Anonymousreply 470August 6, 2017 4:40 AM

Beyoncé - mediocre singer, should never open her mouth sounds utterly dense The Kardashians Gays that vote GOP and hate on Hillary Jimmy Fallon- truly embarrasses himself with his bizarre intensity as he pseudo bonds with his guests - snagging the spotlight with desperation for attention Any single Housewives show - absurd, utter waste of brain cells

Foremost I will never understand the Idiot Reporters that put Shitstain in the White House with a Billion$ in Free press, that would barely investigate his crime filled life and felt like they had to drag Hillary Clinton down to his gutter level after 25yrs of her being viewed under a GOP conspiratorial microscope. Fuck you Frank Rich. Fuck you Jeff Greenfield, FUCK YOU Glenn Thrush & Dean Baquet for your unending Misogyny and calling her a "lousy candidate" so you could be ooh soo cool to be pissing on the MOST QUALIFIED Presidential Candidate in Recent History.

by Anonymousreply 471August 6, 2017 5:10 AM

All of you Oprah haters need to simply shut up. She is a producer of some of the greatest films & movies ever: Selma

Hundred Foot Journey

Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

The Women of Brewster Place

Television Shows like Queen Sugar, and of course she co-starred in Color Purple. Her Mster Class interviews are the stuff of History. She has mentored and opened the door for women like Ava DuVernay to Direct. Her contributions to the diversification of History will be Iconic. In the time of Blotus - count your lucky stars she IS a Force in this, Jeff Sessions Country.

by Anonymousreply 472August 6, 2017 5:23 AM

I don't get it either, R458. Why would anyone wear a mock turtleneck sweater with the arms cut out?

My mother would have said they look cheap, like something you'd see in one of those all-polyester clothing stores at the mall.

by Anonymousreply 473August 6, 2017 2:55 PM

Things you don't get = successful black women. ALL of them.

by Anonymousreply 474August 6, 2017 2:59 PM

I almost never get the hunk du jour. I began noticing that back in the era when everyone but me seemed to think Tom Selleck was the hottest thing ever. I kept looking at him and wondering what I was missing.

by Anonymousreply 475August 6, 2017 3:00 PM

People who list things for sale on Craigslist or Kijiji then make it impossible to meet up and buy the item.

by Anonymousreply 476August 6, 2017 3:03 PM

[quote]All of you Oprah haters need to simply shut up

Sweetie, unclench. This isn't a hater thread. It's a "I don't get" thread. I don't hate Oprah. I don't anything Oprah. I don't get adulation, the screaming when she shows her face in public.

by Anonymousreply 477August 6, 2017 5:32 PM

Cell phone obsession.

by Anonymousreply 478August 6, 2017 5:45 PM

White Belt Man thread. Will devolve into a "discussion" calling black people fat, lazy, violent, stupid, welfare scamming "animals" who wouldn't be anywhere without affirmative action

by Anonymousreply 479August 6, 2017 5:51 PM

"Memes"

by Anonymousreply 480August 6, 2017 6:04 PM

Door-to-door sales organizations whose roving reps ignore 'no soliciting' signs. They're not 'witnessing' as some cult or American Christianity sect, they don't offer 501(c)(3) Tax ID numbers or info. They don't introduce themselves, don't bother with city permits for door to door sales, don't mention their organization's name so I can't check on CharityWatch or CharityNavigator, but the homeowner who has a 'no soliciting' sign that's been ignored is supposed to have the heart squeezed into a patriotic puddle and the wallet open? And their program literature is some laminated card, as if lamination is equal to Better Business Bureau accreditation?

Normally I observe the visitor from a window before answering the door, but I was expecting someone else at the time the sales person arrived. If you solicit and have read a warning not to, and laminated cards of your program's purpose are all you have, and you state you're in the third week of a six week drive and haven't bothered with sales permits from the city, you're skeevy af.

by Anonymousreply 481August 6, 2017 6:09 PM

R478 Flip phone owner or Social Security provided limited minutes cell user

by Anonymousreply 482August 6, 2017 6:19 PM

R466 is my true harmony match

by Anonymousreply 483August 6, 2017 6:26 PM

Expensive Torn Jeans

by Anonymousreply 484August 6, 2017 6:26 PM

People who have to be the center of attention all the time. I expect this from kids but when it's an adult it's truly pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 485August 6, 2017 7:11 PM

[quote]White Belt Man thread. Will devolve into a "discussion" calling black people fat, lazy, violent, stupid, welfare scamming "animals" who wouldn't be anywhere without affirmative action

White people used to have Affirmative Action for themselves, only they called it Jim Crow.

by Anonymousreply 486August 6, 2017 7:31 PM

Waiting in a 15 car or more Starbucks drive-thru, or 10-20 minutes in line for coffee every fucking day!!!!

by Anonymousreply 487August 6, 2017 7:36 PM

The "cold shoulder" trend is awful. Dont these women look in the mirror and see how thick and dumpy those tops make them appear? And they have indeed been the top indicator of white trash. They might as well wear a MAGA cap. Even on thin women, they look like they just survived an attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488August 6, 2017 9:10 PM

Classic car owners. You drive a 1963 Corvette, that's nice. Now please don't park across four parking spots again.

by Anonymousreply 489August 6, 2017 9:26 PM

Yeah, Panera and its 'clean food'. The one near Northpark in Dallas is constantly a DUMP. So I guess they take all the dirt and spooge out of their food and throw it all over the floors and tables? Gross place. And the people who work there are, for the most part, not trained well. It takes FOREVER to get checked out. Never going back. Clean food, my ASS.

by Anonymousreply 490August 6, 2017 11:28 PM

[quote]Things You Just Don"t "Get"

Sex.

by Anonymousreply 491August 7, 2017 2:43 PM

I don't get the distinctly heterosexual concept of "romantic". Every bit of it is just copying other people. Why is it "romantic" to do exactly what every other hetero couple does? And like heterosexual couples have done for a hundred years. I would've thought the most romantic thing would be to buy or do something that demonstrates your appreciation of their unique personality, not just re-enact cliches. It must be thrill of fitting in, or something.

by Anonymousreply 492August 7, 2017 3:55 PM

R492.weddings. and all the bullshit associated with them

by Anonymousreply 493August 7, 2017 5:46 PM

So why are there are there a number of gay men into the whole marriage racket? I don't get it either.

by Anonymousreply 494August 7, 2017 6:59 PM

Parents who feel the need to hang out with ne'er do wells to feel hip and cool. When their kids grow up and are getting in trouble they're going to wonder where they learned it from.

by Anonymousreply 495August 22, 2017 11:14 PM

[quote]Waiting in a 15 car or more Starbucks drive-thru, or 10-20 minutes in line for coffee every fucking day!!!!

Make your own!!!

by Anonymousreply 496August 22, 2017 11:18 PM

An eclipse. Really? What the fuck?

Get a life!

by Anonymousreply 497August 23, 2017 12:31 AM

All the posters who don't get people wanting kids: it's the same as people not getting people who don't want kids. You'll just have to recognise that what seems inexplicable to you feels right to others.

by Anonymousreply 498August 28, 2017 10:50 AM

Drag Queens. There I said It. Find RuPaul's Drag Race terribly sad. They are like clowns, never funny, always nasty, & bitter.

by Anonymousreply 499August 29, 2017 7:24 AM

They're not like they used to be, R499.

by Anonymousreply 500August 29, 2017 7:53 AM

R498, I said I don't get it, not that I don't accept that they want kids. I just, personally, don't understand what drives someone to have kids.

Anyway, I also don't get the trans military ban. That doesn't mean I have an opinion on it because, in fact, I don't. And the reason I don't have an opinion is because I don't get why it's being put in place. If everyone would stop exaggerating eg "This ban will result in thousands of trans deaths within a year!" v "See! The trans are all insane, every one of them!", it'd help.

by Anonymousreply 501August 29, 2017 8:59 AM

[quote]I've never understood why so many dread Mondays. I've always viewed them as a clean slate, a new beginning.

It's my only day off.

by Anonymousreply 502August 29, 2017 9:06 AM

That most gay events have become drag queen showcases.

by Anonymousreply 503August 30, 2017 12:15 PM

Death and taxes

by Anonymousreply 504September 7, 2017 2:37 PM

Parade Magazine. An eternal and total waste of paper and ink. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 505September 11, 2017 1:23 AM

Passionate Judy Garland threads. She's been dead for almost fifty years.

by Anonymousreply 506September 11, 2017 1:28 AM

Bigotry of any kind.

by Anonymousreply 507September 11, 2017 1:29 AM

Chimps riding bikes.

by Anonymousreply 508September 11, 2017 1:31 AM

People who take porn seriously, following the "stars", mourning their (inevitable) demise...

by Anonymousreply 509September 11, 2017 1:33 AM

Cruises, Las Vegas, Taylor Swift, Kimmy Schmidt, 2-day vacations, spas, massages, manicures, pedicures.

by Anonymousreply 510September 11, 2017 4:40 AM

I don't get why the entire culture under the age of 35 now says, "No problem," when they are thanked for doing what they're supposed to do as employees. "No problem," is what you say if the customer spills something and apologizes, or if the customer asks you to do something that's extra trouble. It's not supposed to be what you say when you're a barista at Starbucks and the customer gives you their coffee order. The fact that these entitled idiots reply, "No problem," after taking an order which is their job function . . . or, "No problem" after a customer thanks them after the transaction . . . reveals something deeply out of whack that's occurred in our culture involving younger service employees acting like they're accepting an apology when a customer gives them an order or thanks them. When did "No problem" take over?

by Anonymousreply 511September 11, 2017 8:24 AM

Me too r511. Even more maddening is "You're fine." I know I'm fine. I am thanking you, the correct response is "you're welcome." This one really, really grates.

by Anonymousreply 512September 11, 2017 8:30 AM

Country Western music threads on Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 513September 11, 2017 8:42 AM

Golf

Sports Team Mania and Expecting Others to Share It (I don't care about your team...I never will)

Love for super shitty trash TV (Kardashians, RHWO..., Long Island Medium)

Giving EVERY thing a standing ovation

Waiting in long lines for...well, anything but especially some dumb restaurant

Paying For VIP Access....if you have to pay for it, it's not VIP

Fucking Superhero Entertainment....has ruined the world.

Most pop music after 1995

How Trump is our President

by Anonymousreply 514September 11, 2017 8:49 AM

No problem has been used by everyone in France and Italy for a very long time well before the current generation was born. I see no problem with no problem.

It is not a recent millennial thing by any means. Where have you been? And I am very very far from being a millennial and not eager to defend them.

by Anonymousreply 515September 11, 2017 9:42 AM

Cake Boss. WTF???????

by Anonymousreply 516September 15, 2017 12:21 AM

Diamonds - or any other gem. They're rocks. Thousands of years ago, minimally evolved people were enchanted by the fact that they sparkled in the sun. They decided to give them value and became obsessed with accumulating them and bedazzling themselves with them.

You can eat them, you can't make them into a shelter or turn them into a medicine. They're rocks. Yes, diamonds are used in machinery for cutting and they can have a useful purpose but they only have the $$$ value they do because we're still buying into an obsession that started with primitive humans being enthralled by shiny objects.

by Anonymousreply 517September 15, 2017 1:09 AM

Musical theater. I love music, but it bores me to tears.

by Anonymousreply 518September 15, 2017 6:17 AM

Parents who have to prance around on their FRONT lawns with their 'kiddos' (BARF) to prove how engaged and energetic they are. Fuck off, Threadgills. We're NOT fooled. You and your ugly-voiced, bratty little crotchfruit SUCK.

by Anonymousreply 519September 15, 2017 3:27 PM

Sweeney Todd. God how I hate that grotesquely obvious fucking factory whistle blowing piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 520September 15, 2017 6:29 PM

Friends who insist on watching all of the closing credits of a movie. Why?? Why??

by Anonymousreply 521September 15, 2017 10:48 PM

Lazy people. It takes more work to be lazy than to actually do something.

by Anonymousreply 522September 15, 2017 11:19 PM

People who bid on ebay auctions in the last few seconds. When I see an item I'm interested in, I place a bid and when the auction ends if I won great if not who cares. The idea of using a sniping tool or watching the listing until the last 10 seconds just seems odd to me.

by Anonymousreply 523September 16, 2017 12:14 AM

[[[People who bid on ebay auctions in the last few seconds. When I see an item I'm interested in, I place a bid and when the auction ends if I won great if not who cares. The idea of using a sniping tool or watching the listing until the last 10 seconds just seems odd to me. ]]]

If the item is desired by multiple people, the only way to get it is to be there in cyberspace in the last few seconds. In these types of auction scenarios, the last couple of minutes are the only thing that counts as to whether you get the item. Tossing in a bid in the early days is what you do when you're not terribly intent on acquiring the item. Ebay was created and billed as an "auction" site (though you almost wouldn't know it anymore), and this is also the case at live auctions. The action is in the home stretch.

by Anonymousreply 524September 16, 2017 3:18 AM

R524 invariably people overpay for items in the last few seconds, I've seen this as a seller and as a bidder. Bidding early forces me to pay what I'm willing to pay and not get caught up in the bidding frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 525September 16, 2017 1:26 PM

Prolapsed anuses. I mean, why!?

by Anonymousreply 526September 17, 2017 7:56 PM

Speaking of Oprah, I still don't get how she is a good spokesperson for Weight Watchers. She has jumped on every weight loss fad out there and still is overweight.

by Anonymousreply 527September 17, 2017 7:58 PM

Hip Hop, Rap, Country music

by Anonymousreply 528September 17, 2017 10:21 PM

Shaved pubes

by Anonymousreply 529September 17, 2017 10:22 PM

Amy Schumer. Yes, funny. But there's something about that fat baby face on a woman trying to be adult, with-it, sexy, edgy. She's just off-putting. Her face doesn't 'fit' on her body. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 530September 26, 2017 5:35 PM

Straight guys who leer at women in front of their wives/GFs.

by Anonymousreply 531September 26, 2017 5:36 PM

The so-called Supermodels of today. Basic bitches as the day is long. And the days of REAL supermodels is long gone. Bella Hadid? Really?

That David Miscavige isn't under investigation or in jail over his missing wife Shelley. The pocket pimp is still as smirkingly smarmy as ever...

by Anonymousreply 532September 26, 2017 5:57 PM

Gay guys who leer at men in front of their husbands/partners.

by Anonymousreply 533September 27, 2017 2:35 PM

I don't get how every character Dwayne Johnson plays has the same Samoan tattoo in his shoulder. Weird huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534September 28, 2017 7:02 PM

R533 we usually leer together.

by Anonymousreply 535September 28, 2017 7:21 PM

Ryan Goslings career. I just don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 536September 28, 2017 7:22 PM

Like others already...George Clooney, Johnny Depp, Jennifer Aniston.

There are other things that I really don't get: mac and cheese, straight hair on women, six pack abs, tattoos, the constant attention to cellphones and other devices, GoFundMe, Crowdfunding, and Twitter.

Mac and Cheese: Bland and generic crap.

Straight Hair on women: I teach at a small university. After one class yesterday, there was a meeting of the leaders of sororities on campus. In walked a throng of young women whose hairstyles were the same, i.e. straight and shoulder-length. They all looked the same.

Six Pack Abs: What's wrong with just a flat, firm mid-section. Seeing guys at the gym constantly lifting their shirts in the mirror is ridiculously narcissistic.

Tattoos: Ever see tattoos on a 60 year old or someone older? Not a pretty sight!

Cellphones: Okay, they've made staying in contact so much easier, but why check on your messages constantly? Tuning out is one of the joys of life.

GoFundMe or Crowdfunding: public begging

Twitter: A shouting match amongst people who shout one thing at 6 AM and shout the opposite at 11 PM.

by Anonymousreply 537September 28, 2017 7:25 PM

How can people mistakenly use "they're" and "their", "you're" and "your" etc. It makes absolutely no sense. It kills me. It's such a basic knowledge. They never went to school?

by Anonymousreply 538September 29, 2017 12:16 AM

GoFundMe's for a funeral

by Anonymousreply 539September 29, 2017 2:51 AM

R12, you need to watch THE FACTS OF LIVE, the sitcom from the late 70s - 80s.

In like the 1986 - 1987 time frame, George Clooney sometimes guest-starred and he played the role of some annoying quasi-nerdy guy..can't recall.

And he was not good looking at all!

I am always trying to figure out what plastic surgery GC has had that he got so handsome as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 540January 19, 2018 2:56 PM

R538, I think I love you.

by Anonymousreply 541January 19, 2018 2:58 PM

R537, R538

Yes, GoFundMe!!

How about people whom you know are fairly wealthy who use GoFundMe?! lol.

by Anonymousreply 542January 19, 2018 2:59 PM

[quote]GoFundMe's for a funeral

Is it?

by Anonymousreply 543January 19, 2018 3:00 PM

R530, Amy Schumer looks like she has bad breath.

She is occasionally funny, but not nearly as funny as she thinks she is.

by Anonymousreply 544January 19, 2018 3:02 PM

Hector Berlioz.

by Anonymousreply 545January 19, 2018 3:03 PM

R521, well, once in a blue moon, there is a funny "extra" tagged on at the very end of a movie's credits. Maybe one of the Austin Powers movies had that?

Also, in the old, pre-IMDB days, staying for the credits was the only way to identify a song or piece of music you heard in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 546January 19, 2018 3:06 PM

R475, Tom Selleck's dimples are totally awesome.

by Anonymousreply 547January 19, 2018 3:11 PM

R536 Gosling probably give good head and knows how to smile while presenting hole.

by Anonymousreply 548January 19, 2018 3:13 PM

[quote]Friends who insist on watching all of the closing credits of a movie. Why?? Why??

I always stayed through the end credits. Then, during the 1990s, the other people in movie theatres became so annoying, I hardly went anymore. I started going again in 2016, after not going since opening day of Brokeback Mountain, because I wanted to see the Casey Affleck movie. I found out I didn't mind being in a movie theatre 75% of the time, as long as it wasn't so crowded I couldn't change my seat, so I've continued going. I've seen at least 15 or 20 movies in theatres since then.

I still generally sit through the credits. But it takes such a long time now, what with all the digitalization credits, I can see r521's point now. As for "Why?? Why??", they still put the credits I'm most interested in, music and shooting locations, at the end. There didn't use to be google, or the internet, so the only way to find this info was to sit through the credits.

by Anonymousreply 549January 19, 2018 3:15 PM

I do NOT get Oprah's success.

Her show is/was a (poor) copy of Phil Donahue's show. Phil's show was not always sleezy. It used to cover one topic and cover it in depth, and Phil was a great moderator. You'd feel enlightened after the one hour show Yes, I am OLD.

by Anonymousreply 550January 19, 2018 3:18 PM

R549 I and mypartner always stay through the credits I want to see where some of the scenes were shot and to find out what the music was, sometimes there are scenes or outtakes that are not part of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 551January 19, 2018 3:20 PM

R307, good one.

You wrote G-d, so I suspect you may be Jewish.

But you could have come up with a funnier "sin" than driving a car on Sat.

by Anonymousreply 552January 19, 2018 3:32 PM

r552, if you live within an eruv, why can't you drive or touch money on Shabbos?

by Anonymousreply 553January 19, 2018 3:39 PM

R553 - an eruv is a ritual enclosure which integrates public and private space into a large private space to avoid the restriction on carrying objects from public to private space. I'm not an expert but that's what I learned from The Yiddish Policemen's Union.

by Anonymousreply 554January 19, 2018 5:56 PM

r554 So, since you can't [italic]carry [/italic] a car, no go?

by Anonymousreply 555January 19, 2018 6:18 PM

R554 is correct.

Using money would be transacting business and using a car would be working...which are major Sabbath no-nos.

by Anonymousreply 556January 19, 2018 7:04 PM

R471, Jimmy Fallon sucks as an interviewer.

He was quite charming on SNL, though, when he wasn't breaking character.

His imitation of Mick Jagger was hilarious, and he could actually play the guitar.

by Anonymousreply 557January 19, 2018 7:06 PM

Beyonce - I lost the iota of respect I had for her when she lip-synced to the National Anthem at Obama's 2nd Inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 558January 19, 2018 7:08 PM

R358, re hating Mondays.

It's fear of the unknown. Once the week has begun, you know what you are in for.

But Sunday night, you are mourning the lost weekend and dreading what is to come.

by Anonymousreply 559January 19, 2018 7:13 PM

Many have commented on the overratedness of Beyonce.

This is the result of the MTV generation of the early 1980s.

We still get pop stars who are cute, can sing a bit, and can dance a bit: Beyonce, Janet Jackson, J. Lo, Britney, etc.

Paula Abdul could dance a lot and sing only a trifle.

It sucks.

by Anonymousreply 560January 19, 2018 7:17 PM

Sorry. Wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 561January 19, 2018 11:34 PM

r556 What is the point of the Eruv, then?

by Anonymousreply 562January 19, 2018 11:42 PM

R562, I am certainly not an expert, but my understanding is that women can push their children/babies in strollers in order to attend services at synagogue inside of the Eruv..

Without the Eruv, pushing a child would be considered work on a holiday or Shabbat. With the Eruv, the street leading to the synagogue is an extension of the home, so it's okay.

I probably have oversimplified this...but......hope it helps.

by Anonymousreply 563January 19, 2018 11:46 PM

Thank you, R563.

by Anonymousreply 564January 19, 2018 11:59 PM

I don’t get why dumb YouTube millennials use the word “literally” in every other sentence.

by Anonymousreply 565January 20, 2018 12:27 AM

hard work or long hours as a goal. I get they might be necessary, at times, but an entire culture built around them, and how awesome it is that some people do them, is really something I don't get. work as little as necessary, should be the goal I think. but I know in practice many disagree, even if they'd say they don't.

by Anonymousreply 566January 20, 2018 1:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!