Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jada Pinkett Smith: 'I was a drug dealer' when I first met Tupac Shakur

Jada Pinkett Smith is giving more details about her friendship with late rapper Tupac Shakur.

In an interview with SiriusXM’s "Sway in the Morning," the actress revealed that when she and Shakur first met, she was a drug dealer.

"It’s kinda hard because I haven't really told the whole story," she said. "One of the things that's very interesting that I've never really said before is that when I first met Pac, when we first met, I was a drug dealer. Yes."

At that time, she added, she was "coming out of that life" and he was "getting more into the life."

"There was a point in which we met and then we kind of were going our separate ways. And I just felt like, 'OK God, one day you're going to do for Pac what you did for me, which is you saved me. And that just never happened for him. And so that is something that I am constantly having to confront," she said. "I know that most people wanna always connect us in this romance thing, but that's just because they don't have the story. But it was based in survival, how we held each other down, you know what I’m saying? And when we have somebody that has your back when you feel like you're nothing, that's everything."

Shakur was 25 years old when he was shot and killed in 1996. Last month, on what would have been the rapper's forty-sixth birthday, Pinkett Smith, 45, slammed the Shakur biopic "All Eyez On Me" as "deeply hurtful" and a "re-imagining of my relationship to Pac." In her interview with Sway on Wednesday, she added that recently, it's become more important to her for people to understand the friendship they had.

"I just decided that one little piece was important to share finally because it gives more insight to who we were that it wasn't just about, 'You have this cute girl and this cool guy they must have been in this [romance]!' Nah. It wasn’t that at all," she said. "It was about survival and it's always been about survival between us, you know what I’m saying? And holding each other down in ways that he and I could hold each other down."

Offsite Link
by say what?reply 1307/20/2017

Oh get over yourself Jada. No one thought you and Pac were a romantic couple. Do you not get the fact that the whole world knows you are a butch dyke when not in front of a camera. Latifa is more girlish than you.

by say what?reply 107/19/2017

She may be lesbian but "doesn't act girly enough" isn't an indicator either way.

by say what?reply 207/19/2017

I don't recall saying that it is. I was just joking that Latifa in her real life is less butch than Jada. And I stand by that.

by say what?reply 307/19/2017

So Jada was a drug dealer, is she trying to give herself some edge? She attended the school of arts. That's where she met Tupac.

Tupac had a spotless record and wasn't hard, until he hooked up with Death Row, in which he went to jail for the first time in his life-- in his 20s. He admitted that, so where is Jada coming from, with this whole dope slanging stuff? She was on TV by the time she was 19.

by say what?reply 407/19/2017

Dyke please STFU.

by say what?reply 507/19/2017

Someone's career has died...

by say what?reply 607/19/2017

I guess she's grabbing from the Vadge bag and drumming up the spirit of Tupac for that shot in the arm for some type of press.

by say what?reply 707/20/2017

Yeah, she's trying to get "street cred" in her 40's.

Bitch, you've got 2 kids already, and you could soon be a grandma.

Give it up, already. NO MORE GIRLS TRIPS FOR YOU!

by say what?reply 807/20/2017

Why do so many black stars prattle on about God? I mean I know there are white celebs who do it too - but it seems so much more prevalent in the African American community.

by say what?reply 907/20/2017

^^ Their storefront churches are usually within spitting distance of the neighborhood drug deal corner.

So efficient!

by say what?reply 1007/20/2017

She's exhausting.

by say what?reply 1107/20/2017

Poor thing is trying to revive her dead career with controversy

by say what?reply 1207/20/2017

Smog cunt proving what we already know.

She ghetto trash.

by say what?reply 1307/20/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!