Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Strain, Season 4, The FINAL Season

The crapfest continues, and I still want to just murder the little kid.

Anyone else watching?

by Anonymousreply 122April 14, 2018 5:06 PM

I am. They have stayed close to the comics for the most part with some major deviations. I want to see how it plays out.

by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2017 2:31 AM

Oh, why couldn't the tiger have ripped the kid's throat out?? WHY?!?

by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2017 2:33 AM

The actor is just awful and the character is worse.. I want to punch his little face every time he's on screen.

But it does look like it'll be an interesting season. The time jump and the fact that everything is all public now leads to entirely new situations for the final season.

by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2017 2:47 PM

I may be in the minority, but I'm sad it is the final season. I've enjoyed the series.

My thoughts on episode one ............ the new world order is a little scary. Is it ironic that the folks identified as B positive (I think) blood donors that had to leave their families are black ? (the woman talking and the man holding up his card in the commercial)

Regarding Zach .......... yes, hateful as ever. He was all hesitant about using a gun after killing tons of people with his nuclear winter explosion ?? And I guess his gift is a pretty maid.

I hate Eph equally at this point and SPOILERS .... SPOILERS ..... SPOILERS ...... I hope the series ends like the book with both Eph and Zach M.O.O.N. and that spells dead.

I also hate The Walking Dead style of character usage. I guess next week we won't see Quinton, but Dutch will suddenly appear instead. The rolling in and out of characters plays too much with the story.

And bringing back Kelly even as a Master alter to trick Zach ............. Fuck My LIfe.

Everyone being spread out ............. Philadelphia ..........North Dakota ..........New York City ....... also taken out of the (unsuccessful) Walking Dead playbook.

None of the new characters introduced in episode one were particularly interesting. I don't mind the time jump but the assumption we're supposed to care about these characters is insulting.

Did I mention shirtless Fett ?? Whoo Hoo.

I'll be watching. I'm invested.

by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2017 8:35 PM

I'm watching only because I'm a completist. It's the home stretch, no sense in bailing now.

But it does seem like it'll be better than the worst seasons were.

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2017 12:11 AM

Raul (Michael Reventar) is fucking hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2017 3:16 AM

Reventar also has very beautiful skin...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2017 3:17 AM

Gussy looks pretty with all that extra hair

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2017 3:00 PM

The kid actor is fine, but his character ... oh man ...

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2017 3:04 PM

Another good episode this week. What is going on?

It's hard to hate-watch a show you no longer absolutely hate.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2017 3:24 AM

This season is decent. It makes me think the whole series could have been 2 very well paced seasons.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2017 3:33 AM

I want to see Gus and Raul get it on.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2017 3:40 AM

Scary how topical this season is to our current political situation. Eph's new female friend talking about trusting the powers that be and doing nothing .......... hmmmmmmm.

I didn't even recognize Gus at first with his fluffy hair.

Dutch in the B positive baby mama kennel is pretty creepy too.

I can't remember ........ has everyone learned yet that The Master now resides in Palmer. Can't remember if that reveal was part of the end of season three or not.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2017 5:13 PM

They know, R13.

Palmer met Eph and the professor in the finale last season, and they realized that he was no longer Palmer. They ended up getting in a fight and locking him up in a metal box, but when asshole Zac detonated the nuclear bomb, Palmer/The Master was able to escape from the box.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2017 6:08 PM

Thank God this mess is coming to an end.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2017 6:10 PM

God I hate Zack so much. I hope he dies an incredibly painful death.

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2017 12:03 AM

Whew .......... I'll take a 'little win' like taking out 2K munchers at once. Finally the resistance efforts weren't completely thwarted. One of the most frustrating things about shows like this is how (most times) the 'good guys' never win.

Zach now isn't just downright annoying, he is fucking creepy as hell. Total psycho material without any care about causing the death of so many people. Poor Abby will probably be victim to the little perv's assault attempt.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2017 7:12 PM

My sincere hope is that the final scene is Zach using that nuke to blow up himself, The Master, and Eichorst.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2017 7:41 PM

The Gus bro is my type

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2017 7:55 PM

It just jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2017 8:21 PM

Zach is growing up to be cute.

It's nice that they're giving him more opportunities to act, because he's a fairly decent actor.

All this time, he was just this annoying fucking kid who everyone wanted to die.

This show didn't do him any favors, but since this is the final season, hopefully he'll move on to better vehicles which will allow him to showcase his acting ability.

In this show, he was doomed from the start. They wrote his character to be almost as bad as Eichhorst.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2017 9:47 PM

[quote] he was just this annoying fucking kid who everyone wanted to die

Zach is still this annoying fucking kid who everyone wants to die, like a lot.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2017 2:46 AM

Yeah....I'm not feeling this season at all. I'm glad it's the final.

I will miss my Gus tho'. LAWD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2017 11:34 AM

Why isn't this show on Amazon Prime or Netflix yet?

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2017 12:10 PM

It's on Hulu exclusively.

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2017 12:17 PM

It's an ok show. It's kind of light summer viewing. Since they announced this season would be the last, I decided to stick with it. So far, though, I don't think this season has been that good. All the characters are scattered. What made the show work in its limited way was the ties of the resistance fighters. Now they're all in different places. So many shows of all different types do this and it always detracts from the storyline.

I don't know which character I can't stand more, Eph or Zach. They both act like whiny Goth teens, but at least Zach is a teenager so that emotional maturity level makes sense. But fuck, I hope they both die. On the other hand, I hope Fet, Quinlan, and especially Dutch survive.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2017 10:42 PM

R21 is either Zack or Zack's mom.

Because holy shit, NO.

by Anonymousreply 27August 2, 2017 4:30 AM

Yo, Miguel Gomez is the epitome of my type dude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2017 10:19 AM

Can someone just beat Zach to death with a baseball bat, please?

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2017 4:18 AM

Yes to Miguel 💪🏿

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2017 4:20 AM

Awesome episode.

That ending scene was just way too fucking creepy.

I'm guessing that Creem is going to try to kill Gus. Gus is gaining too much favor with the gang, and you can see that Creem is getting jealous.

I think this episode was good because it focused on the Eph, Dutch/Miranda and Gus storylines, which are actually interesting.

I noticed that last week when the focus was on Fet, the episode was actually kind of boring. I just can't get into the story about a hunt for nukes.

But this week totally made up for it!

Oh, and is it just me or does Gus have some sexual chemistry going on with his cousin? Maybe I'm just dreaming...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 7, 2017 2:49 PM

More Gus and Raul!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 7, 2017 2:55 PM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 33August 7, 2017 2:56 PM

Agree, r31. That ending made my skin crawl. The baby, omfg! I'm glued to this until the end. Are they doing 8 or 10 episodes?

I hope Eichorst gets a horrible death scene, he's such an evil fuck.

by Anonymousreply 34August 7, 2017 5:21 PM

For a final season, they are sure throwing a lot of new storylines (B positive babymakers, Gus's new business, the resisters that Eph hooked up with, the search for nukes) and characters.

I hate Eph because he's still defending his little psychopath son, Zach.

I hope they spend a good amount of time showing the payback to all of the bad guys. Not one big 'they're all in the same room and get blown up' kind of thing. Let them each get their own 'Oh shit' moment.

Dutch didn't kill the babymaker boss, right ?? No doubt Eichorst will be taking the guy's punishment out on his poor wife (why else was she introduced ??)

Not very interested in the Gus rivalry with the othe guy. Too much other stuff going on.

Next week is a Zach and Fet episode .................... I'm really not missing Strakian at all.

Didn't Eph get some alcohol a couple episodes ago for treating that scurvy lady ??

by Anonymousreply 35August 7, 2017 7:46 PM

[quote] I hate Eph because he's still defending his little psychopath son, Zach

Not really. He actually told the lady that sometimes he hopes to find Zach, and sometimes he wishes he was dead.

That's a first, and I thought it was kind of funny.

[quote] Didn't Eph get some alcohol a couple episodes ago for treating that scurvy lady ??

Yeah, you're right about that.

He said he was "sober" nine months. Incidentally, when did he become sober? There was no mention of it this whole season, and then all of a sudden, he's on the wagon.

And really, is there any point to being sober, when the Strigoi have taken over the world, breeding humans for babies, and hanging them up on meat hooks to drain their blood?

If anything, I think it would be the perfect time to take up drinking.

by Anonymousreply 36August 7, 2017 8:05 PM

So what are they doing with the babies??

by Anonymousreply 37August 7, 2017 8:39 PM

^^^ drain them, obvi

by Anonymousreply 38August 7, 2017 9:09 PM

But that doesn't make any sense. They're tiny, especially if delivered prematurely. You'd think they'd want to farm them. Or let them grow up some. What, they're just going to use a few drops to 'flavor' large amounts of non-B-positive blood? I'm really unclear as to what they're doing. What good is draining ONE tiny baby for thousands of Stregois?

by Anonymousreply 39August 7, 2017 9:12 PM

Supposedly, the babies are eventually supposed to breed and produce more B+ blood type offspring.

That is the most desireable type of blood for the Strigoi, and therefore they want to breed an entire population of B+ humans, to eventually drink their blood.

The whole concept is quite gory, to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 40August 7, 2017 11:46 PM

Right, but... that's kind of a long term plan, so why care about a few months early for the C-section.

by Anonymousreply 41August 8, 2017 12:19 AM

Did you watch the beginning of the episode, R41?

Eichorst came down hard on Mr. Desai, as far as why no babies had been born yet.

Desai said that they were on schedule, 9 months from the day the program started.

But Eichorst said that it's taking too long. It should be only 6 months. Have the baby delivered by c-section in six months, and you could potentially have 2 babies per woman, per year.

He wanted to ramp up baby production, and he basically threatened to kill Desai's wife if that didn't happen.

Eichorst is fucking evil!

by Anonymousreply 42August 8, 2017 12:22 AM

Yeah, but... women who give birth by C-Section can't get pregnant again right away.

by Anonymousreply 43August 8, 2017 12:25 AM

Eichorst doesn't care, R43.

He's like the ultimate task-master.

Desai said that he was trying to operate within "safe levels," but Eichorst was like, fuck that.

He doesn't care about the mothers or their health. He just wants more B+ babies, and he doesn't give a shit what it takes, or if the mothers die.

That was basically the nazi mentality when they did medical experiments on their prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 44August 8, 2017 12:28 AM

Well, R44, one mother can make a dozen babies... or just one and no more. SO.....

by Anonymousreply 45August 8, 2017 12:29 AM

I'm not sure you're understanding the Eichorst mentality, R45.

HE DOESN'T CARE. HE DOESN'T GIVE TWO FUCKS ABOUT EXCUSES.

Just get it done, or you're out of a job and your wife is dead.

I mean for fucks sake, do you think that he can file a "grievance" against Eichorst or The Master?????

Do it or die. It's that simple.

I'm not sure why you're arguing about this point. The show made it perfectly clear.

by Anonymousreply 46August 8, 2017 12:33 AM

The whole baby storyline is stupid. He wants B positive babies to make more B positive offspring. If he pushes them to have babies too soon and has them give birth one C section after another, they'll die. No women, no babies. Dumb. I don't think the writers thought the storyline through. Eichorst is definitely saying just get it done and do it faster, safety be damned, but that could result in fewer B positive babies. But who cares? I think they were just finding someplace to put Dutch. Why not just connect her to someone else's storyline, like Fet's or Eph's? Although I wonder if or how Dutch will get out of her predicament at the end of this episode. She looks pretty fucked.

I also can't stand Gus's storyline this year. I really don't care that he is in danger because others see him as the more skillful black market hood. I'm starting to lose interest, and my interest wasn't that great to begin with. I'll finish out the season, though, just to see where it ends, which is hopefully with Zach and Eph dying.

by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2017 12:39 AM

Eph dies in the second to the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 48August 8, 2017 12:47 AM

R46, I don't think you're understanding my point. If the goal is to get babies, he's not maximizing the number by putting them all through premature C-sections. IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

Basically, what R47 said.

by Anonymousreply 49August 8, 2017 1:46 AM

It's a TV show about vampires, for God's sake. It's not supposed to make sense.

by Anonymousreply 50August 8, 2017 2:03 AM

I expect at least a little internal consistency.

by Anonymousreply 51August 8, 2017 2:20 AM

The show is littered with plot inconsistencies since season one. And you seem obsessed with the pregnancy storyline? Just enjoy it for what it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 52August 8, 2017 2:30 AM

R49, I thought the same thing while watching the episode. Fertile B+ Mommies are a scarce resource apparently. You can either keep them healthy and making B+ babies for years, or you can wear them out and render them infertile. It seems like simple logic to me. The only caveat would be if we don't know what they're actually doing. Maybe they're harvesting stem cells from B+ babies and only need so many of them, so the sooner they get what they need the sooner they can eat the delicious Moms.

Or it could just be bad writing.

by Anonymousreply 53August 8, 2017 2:55 AM

The Strain is a consistent C grade.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2017 9:00 PM

No, R54, it's not consistent. Parts of some seasons dipped well down into the D-grade arena.

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2017 9:42 PM

Agree with the upthread comments about a lot of new ideas being introduced in the home stretch, and a lot of pointless distractions like Creem vs Gus. And could they have telegraphed to us more obviously that they were setting up a Gus vs Creem struggle?

Completely hated the Dutch storyline.

Agree as well that the separation of the team really hurts the show. I think most sci fi story writers try to catch a little of that Empire Strikes Back or LotR spark with different teams doing their own thing but it doesn't often work.

Disagree about Setrakian though -- I LOVE that character and the show is much, much poorer without him. He's been in it all of what, fifteen minutes all season?

If Setrakian doesn't get to kill Eichorst at the end of the show there is no justice.

by Anonymousreply 56August 13, 2017 3:43 AM

By the way yes that show is hokey and OTT but it's my guilty pleasure and I still really love watching. The strigoi with their stingers that shoot out and drain people, so awesome.

by Anonymousreply 57August 13, 2017 3:45 AM

Oh yes Eichhorst, that evil fuck, has to die a horrible death. And Setrakian has to be the one to kill him. There can be no other resolution than that one.

by Anonymousreply 58August 13, 2017 5:41 AM

What happened on tonight's episode?

by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2017 4:38 AM

Is this season 8 or 10 episodes?

by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2017 5:08 AM

Quite a good episode. All bases covered with all the resistance characters appearing. And best of all: NO ZACH.

I have to say that the missle storyline is my least favorite thus far (followed closely by Gus the shady 'businessman')

Certainly Dutch didn't kill Eichorst. But I imagine (possibly) that based on Dutch's reference to Eichorst's fake human looks that he's not going to recover from that fire and will be forced to appear as his ugly self for awhile. (I'm sure he'll quickly get that makeup job recreated ASAP.

I don't even know the name of the lady with Eph ............. but HELLO ?? Those that turn share information with The Master. Bad move and Eph knows better. Should've taken her out before she turned.

The Quinlan 1888 storyline was a waste of time. To show he has feelings ??? Duh ... he's getting a Stragoi boner for Charlotte.

I like Dutch and her character's arc this season. The baby storyline went nowhere, but at least Dutch pulled a Norma Rae and got them to fight back.

I believe I read it is a 10 episode season. Half way done. I'm sure there will be a break (WHICH I HATE), but there is still a lot of story to finish up. I expect that both good and bad guys will soon begin to drop like flies.

by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2017 6:27 AM

This show is getting more and more nuts! I love it!

I always like Quinlan's backstory, for some reason. Can't explain it.

Dutch has been getting out of many sticky situations this season. I'm guessing her time is going to be up soon.

Setrakian isn't long for the world, either. He's been hanging by a thread for a long time.

Once again, the ending freaked me the fuck out. The suitcases. The concentration camps.

This show has gone way darker than many shows ever would.

by Anonymousreply 62August 14, 2017 6:31 AM

Another good episode on Sunday.

The Strain has turned out to be much stronger in later seasons, than it started out.

That's a shame. Maybe it could have had a longer run.

by Anonymousreply 63August 15, 2017 1:28 AM

I wish they'd stuck with the original plan for five seasons, instead of cutting it to four. At least we'll get a complete resolution to the story by the end of this season, though. I wonder if it will be the same ending the book had, or if they're going to do something different.

by Anonymousreply 64August 15, 2017 1:39 AM

Man, Eichhorst is gonna be pissed. Once he's not on fire and screaming, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2017 2:05 AM

Man, just when I was starting to like Zach, he had to go and do that.... now he's an asshole all over again!

Eichorst just won't die. He keeps coming back, and coming back, and coming back. Just die already!

by Anonymousreply 66August 21, 2017 6:47 PM

Can they please kill Zach slowly over the last 2 (4 ??) episodes ??

Bit disappointing that The Master and Eichorst already see Fet and company coming to New York in a plane (I'm assuming the betrayed 'steel' guys lived long enough after Eichorst drained them to reveal all about the nuke.

Was creepy to see Zach talking about his first love with The Master (aka his 'father') and I *thought* Zach was going to have everyone killed at the house Abby lived in and have her brought to him as his prisoner ............ but turning her and making her his Stragoi plaything is equally creepy for the little psychopath. I'm sure he'll get rid of his other Stragoi plaything lickedy split (or there will be some weird 'love triangle' vibe)

Overall, an episode without Eph and Dutch is a big meh.

A fake 'boo hoo hoo' for Quinlan's backstory. I don't like the character at all (he's a big flop FOR YEARS in trying to destroy The Master on top of everything else) ............... and Fet's nuke story bores me.

by Anonymousreply 67August 22, 2017 12:19 AM

Not that it matters, but according to imdb.com , it appears that this will be a ten episode season .... so four more episodes left.

by Anonymousreply 68August 22, 2017 12:26 AM

Quinlan with the blond hair is hot.

He has a nice body too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 22, 2017 12:29 AM

I've hated Zach every moment he's been on the screen, and every episode he just gets fucking worse.

He's exactly like those goddamned gamer-gaters now. A whiney petulant virgin that feels he's OWED what he wants "because I did all the right things". I really hope he dies a painful death. Soon.

He's more evil than The Master.

by Anonymousreply 70August 22, 2017 4:06 AM

R69 we got to see a little bit of his ass in one episode. He does seem to be a fit Strigoi half-breed.

by Anonymousreply 71August 22, 2017 5:30 AM

Eichorst! Finally! That was awesome!

by Anonymousreply 72August 28, 2017 4:48 AM

Amazing episode, action packed.

Sad to see Raul get infected by Eichorst. Same for Eph's new friend. Both of them got their necks snapped.

Finally, Eichorst was brought to justice.

What I like is about this show is that everything is being wrapped up quite nicely, and I feel quite satisfied.

There are so many other shows which massively fail in ending a series, but this one has been coming along well. Can't wait to see the finale!

by Anonymousreply 73August 28, 2017 1:43 PM

Three episodes left, and it's great to see the main cast will be reunited.

Eichorst's death was very satisfying, they did a great job with that.

by Anonymousreply 74August 28, 2017 1:46 PM

I'm guessing that Fet will reunite with his girlfriend in Montana and live happily ever after.

Eph and Dutch will get together.

Gus will open up a business.

Setrakian will die. Obviously.

The only cliffhanger is Zach. I wonder if the show will go with all the hate directed towards Zach, and just END him with the Master, or if they'll reunite him with Eph. Eph doesn't seem to miss him much, nor does Zach seem to miss Eph much, so I'm guessing that Zach will probably be toast in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 75August 28, 2017 1:50 PM

Sad about Raul and Beth. I thought Beth might pair up with Eph. I'm hoping that if Eph gets killed before the finale that the formula that Strakian gave to him somehow revives him If the white can cure things and the formula can keep 95 year old Strakian going, maybe it will help Eph when he meets his fate (I'm hoping so anyway ..... I'd like to see more of the good guys survive. They are killing off all of the secondary characters)

I'm hoping there's a reunion between Eph and Zach before one or both die. (it *would* be fitting if Zach, and possibly Eph, died in the next nuclear explosion since Zach set off the first one).

I also think the good guys will kill Palmer/Master thinking they got him, but The Master will transfer into Zach before Palmer's body is destroyed.

Eichorst FINALLY got gotten. VERY satisfying. Bye FELICIA (I still think Eichorst had more of a homerotic thing for Strakian back in the day. I didn't buy Eichorst's backstory with the Jewish lady he betrayed). I wonder what will happen with Strakian now that he got infected by Eichorst. Could the overdoes of blood thinners react with the white ? Will that somehow cure him or will it kill him. I agree he is going to die before the end of the show. And since he got to take out EIchorst, his story is over.

I'm more interested in Fet's/Quinlan's story now that they've got the nuke in New York. The taking down of the bridges was a great visual. (and I was glad they followed up and made sure stragoi were there to 'fight back' when the plane landed)

I don't think Fet and Charlotte will have a happy ending. Eichorst was pissed the plan got away. I have no doubt that he turned Charlotte before he returned to New York. Fet and Quinlan will return and find stragoi Charlotte. And based on his backstory, Quinlan will probably kill stragoi Charlotte for Fet.

by Anonymousreply 76August 28, 2017 5:34 PM

plane, not plan

Also regarding the Gus storyline. How dumb was his partner to think he could make a deal with the master. Duh. Glad to see they didn't pursue it as a straight up 'betray Gus over their business' kind of thing. He turned on them all, but quickly got turned himself. And Gus gave him a sword through the head. And he's outta here.

I think Gus will be another survivor at the end. If I had to guess, I'd say Dutch, Fet and Gus (and I wish Eph)

And Dutch will also be the one to take out the pregnant lady boss guy. (and I think he will become The Master's new second in command now that Eichorst is dead. And I'd imagine that either the Master will turn him too or threaten to turn the guy's wife and make him a human puppet like Palmer ended up being)

I certainly hope the producers are not dumb enough to kill off the entire group of good guys and leave us with a downer ending for the show.

by Anonymousreply 77August 28, 2017 5:43 PM

I had enough of the bad guys winning last season. I know it's based on the comic books, but the humans should get a break on occasion. It's not a French production where evil wins 99% of the time. And, the kid got beyond sickening.

by Anonymousreply 78August 28, 2017 5:53 PM

I'm not sure Setrakian is dead. The blood thinner killed all the strigoi and their worms in Philadelphia when Eph and Alex used it. (BTW, RIP Alex.) I wonder if the blood thinners, coupled with a dose of the white Eph made from the recipe Setrakian gave him, will allow Setrakian to survive the sting from Eichorst and the OD of blood thinners? I guess we'll find out next week.

by Anonymousreply 79August 28, 2017 7:41 PM

I was surprised about Alex, I liked her and wish she hadn't been bumped off.

by Anonymousreply 80August 28, 2017 8:04 PM

R79 I was thinking the same thing, just maybe he'll live.

by Anonymousreply 81August 28, 2017 9:41 PM

We found out about Setrakian and it was not pretty. Much like Eichorst's fate in the previous episode, Setrakian's decision comes as a small surprise. There was no attempt to help him get rid of the worms or anything remotely like that. AS went out in a blaze of glory in the books, here not so much.

by Anonymousreply 82September 4, 2017 8:40 AM

Zach has to be the most hated child character on any of these shows. I mean...at least in the other kids that I can't stand, I find something redeemable, but not in this fucker.

by Anonymousreply 83September 4, 2017 1:07 PM

Seems either Zach will take out Eph in the next episode (or possibly just bring him to The Master) OR Zach will (finally) do something right and Eph will realize that he's the one that has to self sacrifice and kill Zach, The Master's closest human ally.

Dutch and Fet will probably have to threaten that guy's wife in order to get him to blab about where The Master is living (maybe The Master, Zach and Eph will all get nuked ??). And then Dutch will satisfactorily kill the guy.

Honestly, this episode was pretty dullsville. Strakian dying was telegraphed very early and beyond that. Yawn.

I hope Dutch and Fet and Gus at least live to the end. Maybe Quinlan will go off with stragoi Charlotte, leaving Fet and Dutch to get back together. (Dutch is probably pregnant).

by Anonymousreply 84September 5, 2017 4:14 AM

Zach (finally) doing something right = NOT killing Eph per The Masters orders (and then ironically being killed by Eph because he is The Master's closest human ally, thus Eph's self sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 85September 5, 2017 4:16 AM

We can hope R85, we can hope.

by Anonymousreply 86September 5, 2017 12:46 PM

I wish they'd killed off Zach at the beginning of this season or the end of the last one. His scenes just stop the show cold, imho. Otherwise, it's not a bad show at all.

by Anonymousreply 87September 5, 2017 2:11 PM

Zach definitely seems irrelevant this season. They could've played up a 'rivalry' between Zach and Eichorst (especially after The Master took Palmer as his latest body). Eichorst could've been trying to kill off Zach (imagine if that gun was empty during the tiger hunt ....... or getting Zach's 'pet' stragoi to try to kill him)

Instead it's been mopey Zach wandering all over the city and suffering a failed twee romance.

by Anonymousreply 88September 5, 2017 8:52 PM

I want Zach to die a horrible death with his Father calling him a traitor to humanity and one of the worst mass murderers in history.

by Anonymousreply 89September 7, 2017 2:37 AM

[quote] Setrakian dying was telegraphed very early and beyond that. Yawn.

Looks like R79 and R81 didn't get the telegraph.

by Anonymousreply 90September 8, 2017 2:32 AM

R90 ............. LOL, I meant in the latest episode that he died in.

by Anonymousreply 91September 8, 2017 2:57 AM

Second to the last episode of The Strain.

Sad it's almost over.

by Anonymousreply 92September 10, 2017 11:26 PM

I'll miss this show. Of course it does have its weak spots (I hate Zach just like everyone else) but overall it's been quite entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 93September 10, 2017 11:35 PM

BTW, if you haven't read the Strain trilogy of novels, you can get the set of all three on Amazon for cheap. The novels differ a bit from the story presented in the tv show, but they're very good. The third one in particular is pretty excellent. The books also have much more of the back-story of the Master and the Strigoi throughout history.

by Anonymousreply 94September 10, 2017 11:38 PM

I felt that way about the brat in the hat on Walking Dead..... I so wanted him to die

by Anonymousreply 95September 10, 2017 11:44 PM

I gave up on the WD, they totally ran out of ideas and were just going around in circles.

by Anonymousreply 96September 11, 2017 12:37 AM

Why is Zach's dad happy to see him? I don't get it. He's a mass murderer in league with The Master.

Fucking kill him already.

by Anonymousreply 97September 11, 2017 2:02 AM

So next week is the finale ? I wonder if it will be a two hour episode.

by Anonymousreply 98September 11, 2017 3:11 AM

I'm so happy that Eph finally came to his senses about Zack. "You made your choice." Then locks him in. FINALLY!

That said, I still think that the kid is a pretty good actor. Especially if he can make everyone hate him so much.

I thought that the way he delivered his lines were pretty effective in this past episode, and he played the villain well. I especially liked when he made the switch from poor, innocent Zack to "tell me where the bomb is dad, and you can live." Ha! That was kind of brilliant.

I really have loved the ups and downs, and highs and lows of this season. It has been a really fun ride.

by Anonymousreply 99September 11, 2017 3:42 PM

I can't believe next week is the finale. It's been an uneven season. I still hope Zack dies, even though they telegraphed last night when the Master killed the doctor and his wife that Zack is suffering pangs of conscience. In the finale, look for Zack to betray the Master in a way that helps Eph and the others finally kill the Master.

by Anonymousreply 100September 11, 2017 4:27 PM

Doctor ? Ha Ha ............. he was the tug boat captain that Eichorst used in season three. Eichorst promoted him to manager of the various facilities.

Zach already did lie to The Master. He told him that he signaled The Master because they caught on to Zach's betrayal before he could find out where the bomb is. However, Zach cut his finger FIRST and then Eph confronted him for bleeding and scenting his location.

Agree Zach is now turning on The Master, especially after seeing him kill that guy and his wife. The head smash against the wall was pretty intense.

I hope they use the graphic novel credit intro in the finale. I thought they were fun.

Last episode ?? I think they're going to find a way to kill The Master without detonating another bomb. Maybe The Master will turn Zach and Zach will have enough will left to let Eph decapitate him and destroy The Master.

I'll be kind of excited if Gus, Fet, Dutch AND Eph survive to the final credits. Zach, Quinlan, Roman and Gus's partner can all be collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 101September 11, 2017 5:03 PM

That manager guy was pretty cold and cruel. Both in his conversation with Fet and Dutch, as well as when he turned on his wife, trying to convince The Master that she revealed his location.

And Zach was quick to rat them both off to get the pissed off Master off his back for not finding the location of the bomb

by Anonymousreply 102September 11, 2017 11:03 PM

R101, decapitating isn't enough to kill the Master. The worm just finds another body.

by Anonymousreply 103September 12, 2017 1:09 AM

Maybe The Master's demise will have something to do with all of that silver they are collecting.

by Anonymousreply 104September 12, 2017 3:34 AM

True, R104.

Dump him in a vat of liquid silver.

by Anonymousreply 105September 12, 2017 4:07 AM

I have to check ......is the season finale tonight or is it preempted/postponed because of tonight's Emmy's show ???

by Anonymousreply 106September 17, 2017 7:39 PM

Woot ! Woot !!

It DOES air tonight !!!

Article below talks about the final episode ........BE WARNED .......... I didn't read it all yet, so I cannot attest to any spoilers.

So funny that I'll be most upset if Zach LIVES .............. the idea of a liquid silver death for The Master (AND ZACH, if he pushes The Master in) sounds pretty cool to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 17, 2017 7:44 PM

The only thing I want is for Zach to die a painful horrible death. If this finale gives me that, I'll be satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 108September 17, 2017 10:47 PM

Well, what happened?

by Anonymousreply 109September 18, 2017 1:28 AM

It's not over yet but is very different from the books. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 110September 18, 2017 2:50 AM

Meh ................. I had no interest in the Quinlan vs. The Master end battle.

And I was disappointed that (SPOILER ...................... SPOILER .................... SPOILER) Eph (conveted to The Master) died with Zach, when Zach set off the nuke (AGAIN !!). I knew both of them dying was inevitable based on the end game elevator scenario, but like others .............. I was hoping for a more painful death for Zach.

And the five years later epilogue was also very 'meh'.

The stragoi captured for study leaves an opening for a future reboot/sequel if they escape ..........but they'd just be a bunch of lemmings without a Master, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 111September 18, 2017 3:20 AM

[quote]The crapfest continues, and I still want to just murder the little kid.

OP, come sit next to me...

by Anonymousreply 112September 18, 2017 6:10 AM

The Master vs Quinlan battle was quite good. Though it should have ended (SPOILER ALERT) with Quinlan winning more decisively. Quinlan's victory was a small one that set up the mess that would conclude the show.

The epilogue...Cuse used that same love bullshit on LOST and it worked much worse there. The door is open for two of the surviving characters to get involved. Though after all the drama with The Master you'd think that that within 5 years they would have gotten involved.....

To be honest, Zach's actions didn't really redeem him. He did the world and the viewers a big favor by making his decision.

SPOILER ALERT Roman surviving was fun. just because everyone assumed that he was a red shirt. Roman becomes the new Palmer in the post Master New York. I saw some lame critique of giving an update for such a minor character, what rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 113September 18, 2017 12:39 PM

Kind of an underwhelming finale. The Quinlan/Master final fight could have been much more interesting. Zach was his predictably annoying self, even in his last moments when he finally does the right thing by setting off the nuke to kill the Master, which is ironic considering the worst thing Zach ever did was set off a nuke.

Then there was the 5-year jump. Fet and Dutch seemed to be on a reconciliation path. But in the update, it appears they haven't seen each other in a while. Huh? I guess the show strove not to have happily ever after for its characters, but only for humanity. Even poor Gus doesn't get reunited with his lost love from Season 1.

Oh well, I swore I'd stick with it this last season, for better or for worse. I land somewhere in between better and worse with a shoulder shrug and a meh.

by Anonymousreply 114September 18, 2017 3:22 PM

That was a completely lame and underwhelming finale.

Well, thank god that's over.

Zach is dead, but I wanted him to seriously suffer and he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 115September 19, 2017 1:59 AM

I liked the resolution. I think it tied up the alienation between father and son perfectly. It was a wonderfully batshit show but it had kind of a sweet ending.

by Anonymousreply 116September 19, 2017 3:58 AM

Going to remove this thread from my watchlist since the series is over, but my final thought .....

I wish Zach had a change of heart and tackled The Master into liquid silver as mentioned up thrad.

Would've preferred to see Eph survive without being taken over by The Master. He was the original scientist good guy.

He could've paired off with Dutch and had another kid/kids.

And Fet could've reunited with Charlotte. Even though she was only introduced this season, her 'Hell No .......... I don't want to go with you' seemed random in the end.

And the five year later epilogue showed Gus, Dutch and Fet as being pretty defeated still. Not so happy endings for everyone ..........except for being alive, of course.

by Anonymousreply 117September 25, 2017 4:43 PM

I disagree. Dutch and Fet seemed very happy in the end. There was definitely a silver lining to that cloud. Gus also did some good by helping others not just himself. The character had a noble ending to his arc. Red Shirt Roman had the happiest ending of all. He became the new Palmer of New York......

by Anonymousreply 118September 25, 2017 5:53 PM

Why isn’t it on Netflix or Amazon?

by Anonymousreply 119April 14, 2018 2:42 PM

^^^ because you touch yourself at night

by Anonymousreply 120April 14, 2018 3:27 PM

That kid is so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 121April 14, 2018 3:46 PM

Go watch it on one of the streaming sites, r120.

by Anonymousreply 122April 14, 2018 5:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!