Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING NEWS: Russian Lobbyist in that infamous Don Jr. Meeting

...on MSNBC right now

by Anonymousreply 499January 11, 2018 4:36 AM

Former Soviet intelligence officer with ties to Russian counter-intelligence.

NBC is currently refusing to name him.

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2017 11:25 AM

Apparently they broke the news just as Air Force One was taking off in Paris. Nice touch to fuck up his entire return flight.

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2017 11:33 AM

I love it!

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2017 12:06 PM

Holy cow. Well, NBC may not have the balls to name him but I'd bet The Guardian will, if not NYT or WaPo.

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2017 12:07 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2017 12:09 PM

But Donald Jr said that was EVERYTHING.

You mean he was lying again?! *GASP*

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2017 12:09 PM

Sean Hannity is practicing tonight's "nothingburger" speech right now.

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2017 12:18 PM

The Steele dossier talked about this meeting but doesn't say much more than they suspect the Azerbaijani music mogul Araz Agalarov would know the details of the meeting. Agalarov is also the connection between Trump and all the sex 'n' pee parties.

In my fondest daydreams I imagine that every day we're getting closer and closer to the release of the pee tapes. I would very much like to see Trump humiliated. Even if he's too stubborn and narcissistic to realize that he's been mortally embarrassed, everyone else would know.

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2017 12:19 PM

Also, not sure if it's at all pertinent, but the brief mention of this meeting comes in the dossier just before Steele talks about Russia having "buyer's remorse" because the DNC emails weren't as damaging as they had hoped.

They also say they were starting to believe they were "overpromised" on what Trump could deliver, which was angering them. It's one more thing that makes me think that this email chain was leaked to the NYT by Russians after the G20 meeting. Trump isn't providing the deliverables Putin had expected.

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2017 12:24 PM

I can already here the deplorables "So what Russia had a videotape of him getting pissed on by hookers, this is a nothingburger!!!"

Nothing matters to those idiots, they are happy to watch America burn than admit libruls were right about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2017 12:24 PM

The Steele dossier also states that info WAS exchanged.....oh....and that Trump himself was at the meeting too........

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2017 12:25 PM

NBC only knows this because the Russian attorney told them during the interview they conducted with her in Russia earlier this week.

She would only have told them (or even agreed to the interview) if her Russian bosses told her to.

Her Russian bosses would only have told her to if they were at the point where they were ready to throw Trump under the bus.

So make some popcorn and get comfortable, I do believe the shit is about to hit the fan.

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2017 12:30 PM

R11 what??? Trump was at the meeting...???

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2017 12:31 PM

I'm browsing the dossier because I thought that was in there too, R11, but now I can't find it -- happen to have a page number or remember about where it was mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2017 12:33 PM

Is it possible that our own intelligence agencies might have some employees who are releasing these leaks? I know I would be extremely tempted to, but that's yet more one good reason I'll never be in an "agency".

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2017 12:33 PM

Breaking just now......there was a 6th person in the room......hmmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2017 12:36 PM

And it was Don Jr.'s attorney that inadvertently revealed the presence of the 6th person!

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2017 12:38 PM

If Trump wasn't; at the meeting I'll bet you he was listening in on it.

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2017 12:40 PM

One of the mentions in the Steele dossier...there are others more specific.......note it says info was being funneled to Trump AND his assoc.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2017 12:44 PM

I have to leave for an appt....will try to find other mentions in the dossier and post when I return.........pay attention to wording....(also in june 2016)....meaning other things and appts were happening at the time.

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2017 12:48 PM

So the contingent of heavy hitters at the meeting grows by the hour. An important meeting, clearly. And yet it's maintained that Trump Sr was not only not at the meeting - but that he knew nothing about it either before or after.

Trump must now be feeling very let down by so many of his trusted advisors: it's humiliating to have such a meeting held under your own roof and not know anything about it. Plainly Mr President needs to consider the qualities of his confreres.

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2017 12:50 PM

Let's remember the famous question Howard Baker asked during Watergate:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2017 12:56 PM

r21, do you really believe for a minute that Trump didn't know anything about this meeting that took place at Trump Towers on a day when he WAS there?

I've got this bridge in Brooklyn to sell you then...

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2017 1:14 PM

Everybody should follow the current news with a copy of the Steele dossier. It's incredible how much information is being verified by the Trump administration. I am starting to think that we will see evidence of the "salacious" part of the dossier soon.

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2017 1:15 PM

r21 was being sarcastic r23

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2017 1:15 PM

I can't wait to listen to the un-televised press conference where Glenn Thrush finally asks Sarah Huckabee about the pee tape and she starts to cry.

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2017 1:17 PM

So who is this Russian/American lobbyist?

I'd be tempted to say it could be Boris Epsteyn (or however you spell his name), but he came over from the Soviet Union as a child, not an adult, and evidently this lobbyist also fought in the Soviet Forces and only became an American citizen later as an adult.

Where was Sebastian Gorka born?

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2017 1:17 PM

why is only MSNBC running with this??

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2017 1:19 PM

Because it's an NBC exclusive and the other channels are trying to independently confirm it for themselves before they run with it.

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2017 1:20 PM

Gorka is Hungarian.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2017 1:21 PM

NBC itself broke the story within the past hour....it will make its way to the others.....but dont worry....a bigger bomb is supposed to drop tonight if the rumors are correct......

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2017 1:22 PM

Bigger bomb----------------------------------------

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2017 1:23 PM

And Gorka was born in London, UK, so forget him.

Too bad, I so would have liked for that bastard to be caught up in all this.

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2017 1:24 PM

Trump is very consistent. Most of us here on DL sussed that out last year. He accused Hillary or other opponents of stuff he is in fact guilty of. He projects. He's very consistent about that. So. He is also very consistent about other stuff: His "loyalty" to people like Flynn and Kushner. And Putin. Trump is IMO completely transactional. 100%. That means his "loyalty" is based on what these people have done are doing and will continue to do. Apparently Donnie Jr. is not top of that list. He's Fredo.

Who ever is leaking is not someone who cares about Jared, Donnie Jr. or anyone else. It could easily be coming from RUssians, but not necessarily with Putin's approval. That Goldstone guy is not reliable. The lawyer who met with them may be talking to people who talk to people. Or it could be coming from someone in the White House who has "overheard" or read some internal stuff. Maybe even someone who worked on the campaign. These people aren't the most discreet people in the world. What I love about them connecting the dots to the digital operations that JAred ran, is that it also then connects with Bannon and Mercer.

But yeah, I can believe at some point Putin finds Trump can't deliver and turns on him. A lot is going to depend on whether or not the Sanctions legislation gets through the House. That's where the Russian money has influence. Because I'd bet that Ryan, Devin Nunes and a couple of others are the tip of the iceberg. Oh. Reince Priebus is another one. Because he is the one who is"in collusion" with Ryan. If Priebus is begging Ryan to stop the bill, Ryan will do it. But if that Sanctions legislation passes, and Trump can't veto it and make it stick, if Congress overrides him, he is toast with the Russians.

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2017 1:25 PM

I find that those 35 and over do the same at work. Just sneakier about it.

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2017 1:26 PM

He is a nasty piece of work R33.

A bigger bomb dropping tonight or dripping R31?

by Anonymousreply 36July 14, 2017 1:27 PM

I hope this goes on at least until 2019. Because while this is going on the GOP brand is so damaged they will get blasted in the Mid Terms and nothing will get done. All their plans to dismantle our government will stall. I worry about the judgeships. That's still a huge problem. Because obviously the courts are the last firewall we have.

by Anonymousreply 37July 14, 2017 1:28 PM

I hope it unfolds fast. WE need him OUT.

by Anonymousreply 38July 14, 2017 1:29 PM

Twitter is abuzz with speculation that the Russian lobbyist is Rinat Akhmetshin. Akhmetshin was once described by Radio Free Europe as a "Russian gun-for-hire [lurking] in the shadows of Washington's lobbying world." In one interview, he admitted to having worked as a Soviet counterintelligence officer. In another interview, he denied it. He would have had to mention his intelligence work when applying for U.S. citizenship.

He allegedly worked with Fusion GPS, the company behind the dossier that claimed ties between Trump and Russia.

by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2017 1:43 PM

r37....I for one, support removing everyone that was appointed by Trump if collusion is definitely proven, whether or not they were senate confirmed....including Gorsuch. They will always be suspect if they remain and we, as Americans, should demand it.

by Anonymousreply 40July 14, 2017 1:48 PM

We can't trust anything the Russians say or do, unless it's against Trump and then it's gospel? We need some consistency here.

by Anonymousreply 41July 14, 2017 1:49 PM

MSNBC now confirming that Rinat Akhmetshin was indeed the 5th person in the room.

by Anonymousreply 42July 14, 2017 1:50 PM

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS HAPPENING, PEOPLE.

by Anonymousreply 43July 14, 2017 1:50 PM

They are now saying that the 6th person was a translator.

by Anonymousreply 44July 14, 2017 1:51 PM

Kellyanne Conway on Fox News: "The goalposts have been moved. We were promised hard evidence of systemic, sustained furtive collusion."

What we have instead, of course, is open and blatant collusion.

by Anonymousreply 45July 14, 2017 1:51 PM

Kellyanne also said "yet"

by Anonymousreply 46July 14, 2017 1:54 PM

According to Roguepotusstaff (the only White House "insider" account I think may be real), the leak came from 3 WH insiders, one being Kellyanne. The reason given for Kellyanne doing this is because her job depends on crisis. And look who has been out there front and center since this crisis started!

by Anonymousreply 47July 14, 2017 1:55 PM

I agree R37 remove the entire cabinet and Gorsuch, and he doesn't get to nominate any more judges.

Something is weird about it all though. I still worry these leaks are connected to the 2 1/2 hour mtg in Hamburg.

by Anonymousreply 48July 14, 2017 1:55 PM

Trump removed yet?

by Anonymousreply 49July 14, 2017 1:57 PM

I hope Pence and Conway were in that meeting. And Ryan and McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 50July 14, 2017 1:57 PM

Its going to come out that Trump attended that meeting in some way......in person, conference call, video call....something.....watch.

by Anonymousreply 51July 14, 2017 1:59 PM

Expanding on r47, I think Reince is one of the other leakers. Jared and Ivanka seem to think so, and want him out (again according to Roguepotusstaff - so it depends on if you choose to believe that source).

by Anonymousreply 52July 14, 2017 1:59 PM

Just heard on MSNBC there was a 5th person we now know about *and* a sixth person. The sixth person is brand new to the story and believed to be a translator.

If the sixth person is old news, my apologies.

by Anonymousreply 53July 14, 2017 2:04 PM

But if Reince and Kalleyanne are leaking doesn't that suggest that whatever comes out won't be enough to take out the entire Republican establishment? They wouldn't threaten their livelihoods would they?

Everyone in the White House, Pence, along with Ryan, McConnell and the other neabler son Capitol Hill need to be implicated so we can get to the election anomalies. I still believe the election was skillfully hacked or "rigged" as Cheeto projected ad infinitum.

by Anonymousreply 54July 14, 2017 2:04 PM

Did Trump give back the properties to Putin which were seized by Obama? If not, I guess you have your answer why Putin leaks some stuff. I believe Putin expected Trump to hand them over at the summit and either Trump said he can't do it or stalled and it pissed off Putin.

by Anonymousreply 55July 14, 2017 2:05 PM

Doesn't Akhmetshin speak English? Why would they need a translator?

by Anonymousreply 56July 14, 2017 2:06 PM

[quote]Kellyanne Conway on Fox News: "The goalposts have been moved. We were promised hard evidence of systemic, sustained furtive collusion."

Jonathan Chait @jonathanchait

[9 months from now]

Conway: "We were promised video of Donald Trump, in the Kremlin, personally hacking into DNC while speaking Russian."

by Anonymousreply 57July 14, 2017 2:06 PM

Here's hoping Ann Coulter was driving the getaway car, so she can be locked up as well.

by Anonymousreply 58July 14, 2017 2:07 PM

[quote]We were promised hard evidence of systemic, sustained furtive collusion.

Bullshit, Kellyanne. What you were "promised" was a thorough investigation. Which is still underway and is still yielding results. And is still demonstrating just how many members of the Trump campaign and administration blatantly lied.

by Anonymousreply 59July 14, 2017 2:08 PM

In Trump Country, Russia scandal doesn't resonate: Wayne County, Tennessee Republican Party Chairwoman Stephanie Pearson is ashamed of the way Democrats, the media and opponents have attacked her president, and she is disappointed in congressional Republicans for not doing more to help Trump.

There’s very little that would change her mind about Trump.

“I don’t know what he would have to do … I guess maybe kill someone. Just in cold blood,” Pearson said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 14, 2017 2:12 PM

Who cares what some ignorant, brainwashed, most likely inbred hillbillies think?

by Anonymousreply 61July 14, 2017 2:16 PM

The sixth person is Trump. It has to be. He left some charity event early to go to Trump Tower and left after this meeting. This must be the major bomb that's been rumored to drop today.

by Anonymousreply 62July 14, 2017 2:16 PM

The AP confirms Rinat Akhmetshin was in the meeting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 14, 2017 2:17 PM

R61, my only concern with hicks like that is that they will really go crazy and kill people when Trump goes down legally.

by Anonymousreply 64July 14, 2017 2:17 PM

So far, another nothingborscht.

by Anonymousreply 65July 14, 2017 2:18 PM

The sixth person has been confirmed as the translator, R62.

by Anonymousreply 66July 14, 2017 2:18 PM

Msnbc was now discussing if there was a translator, who was he translating for. The assumption has been that the translator is for the Russian lawyer but the pundits said she's been shown speaking English.

by Anonymousreply 67July 14, 2017 2:20 PM

Trump did say anyone would have gone to that meeting. He does project.

by Anonymousreply 68July 14, 2017 2:21 PM

And yet, we're not dealing with a hypothetical "anyone" but with very real people who are investigated,

by Anonymousreply 69July 14, 2017 2:23 PM

Where have you heard rumors of a "major bomb" dropping today, R62?

by Anonymousreply 70July 14, 2017 2:23 PM

The odds that the translator was not another spy seem very low indeed.

by Anonymousreply 71July 14, 2017 2:23 PM

I have a sick feeling that when all the shit hits rhe fan and Trump is a confirmed Russian asset he will still lie and refuse to leave the White House. The Deplorables will still support him. We may be seeing the end of American democracy.

by Anonymousreply 72July 14, 2017 2:24 PM

This guy theorizes that it's not Kushner's but Manafort's filing that led to that meeting becoming public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 14, 2017 2:24 PM

Trump is supposed to be a control freak, right? Are we really supposed to believe he didn't know about the meeting?

by Anonymousreply 74July 14, 2017 2:24 PM

R70 On the twittersphere and on here -- I'll try to find specific links and tweets

by Anonymousreply 75July 14, 2017 2:26 PM

[QUOTE]I have a sick feeling that when all the shit hits rhe fan and Trump is a confirmed Russian asset he will still lie and refuse to leave the White House. The Deplorables will still support him. We may be seeing the end of American democracy.

There will then be a revolution and the Trumps will be dragged out of the White House by their hair.

by Anonymousreply 76July 14, 2017 2:27 PM

Obviously Trump knew about the meeting r74, his lie that he just found out a couple days ago is laughable and has already been contradicted by other sources.

by Anonymousreply 77July 14, 2017 2:30 PM

It's been reported before but worth repeating:

[quote]DOJ Settled Massive Russian Fraud Case Involving Lawyer Who Met With Trump Jr. Lawmakers are concerned Justice's abrupt settlement 'may be connected' to Russian overtures to Trump campaign.

[quote]In May, the Justice Department settled the case for $6 million instead of $230 million and did not demand any admission of wrongdoing. According to the lawmakers’ letter to Sessions, Veslnitskaya was surprised by how generous the settlement was, telling one Russian news outlet the penalty appeared like “an apology from the government.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 14, 2017 2:32 PM

How hilarious would it be if Kellycon Cuntway ends up being the heroine of this story?!

by Anonymousreply 79July 14, 2017 2:33 PM

Are we supposed to believe Rump trusted his son in a meeting with information that was supposed to be so destructive about Hillary. Hell, he would have been the first one in there arranging flowers and making everything nice and just so for his guests and Russian friends.

by Anonymousreply 80July 14, 2017 2:36 PM

Of course Trump doesn't really trust Jr r80, but he does trust Kushner who was at this meeting. Even as dumb as he is, I can see him being smart enough to know he shouldn't attend himself.

by Anonymousreply 81July 14, 2017 2:38 PM

[quote] MSNBC was now discussing if there was a translator, who was he translating for. The assumption has been that the translator is for the Russian lawyer but the pundits said she's been shown speaking English.

I saw that but it was a weak point to make. The Russian lawyer has been shown on TV needing a translator much more than she has been shown speaking her limited broken English.

Let's get them with real issues, not minute crap like "technically everybody there spoke English."

by Anonymousreply 82July 14, 2017 2:39 PM

I believe Trump has some Santa Claus type of Naughty or Nice list and even his kids have to prove their worth to him each year. I can totally see Trump, jr. begging Trump to prove to him that he can be a great asset by handling such a meeting for his dad.

by Anonymousreply 83July 14, 2017 2:40 PM

To prove he's better than Jared.

by Anonymousreply 84July 14, 2017 2:44 PM

Can someone give us a Fox News Update? What are they reporting these days? What's their spin?

by Anonymousreply 85July 14, 2017 2:47 PM

Are the Kushners perceived as more successful in real estate than Trump?

by Anonymousreply 86July 14, 2017 2:47 PM

Rinat Akhmetshin tells the AP that Trump Jr. asked Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya for evidence of illicit money flowing to the Democratic National Committee, but Veselnitskaya said she didn’t have that information. She said the Trump campaign would need to research it more, and after that Trump Jr. lost interest, according to Akhmetshin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 14, 2017 2:48 PM

Unfortunately, Trump can issue pardons to all of his henchmen at any time. And I bet he will because he just doesn't care. All he cares about is himself and his henchmen -- his family -- are the only others he trusts. He will throw America under a very big bus in order to protect himself, his family and his money.

He's like Paulie in Goodfellas. Paulie used to tell Henry Hill not to get not drug dealing. Not because Paulie had a conscience, but because drug laws were very, very strict at the time and if someone was caught dealing, LEO would try to get the drug dealer to talk about his criminal associates in order to avoid jail time. In Paulie's case, he knew his whole operation would be blown and he himself would go to jail if anyone was a rat. Lo and behold, Henry was busted for drug dealing and sold everyone out in order to get into Witness Protection. Paulie went to jail for the rest of his life

Trump knows this scenario. If only one person is weak enough to break ranks and make a deal by telling everything knows, then Trump is screwed.

by Anonymousreply 88July 14, 2017 2:51 PM

I'm sure Fox News is playing that clip of Junior's Hannity interview where he repeats over and over that he has disclosed everything from the meeting!

by Anonymousreply 89July 14, 2017 2:52 PM

Current front page on Fox News:

[quote]WHODUNNIT? Russian lawyer's entry into US touches off federal finger-pointing.

Sub-topics include:

[quote]MEDIA BUZZ: Ex-Hillary and Obama aides reveling in the Don Jr. controversy

[quote]VIDEO: Gingrich slams idea Trump Jr. meeting was Russian 'set up'

[quote]Trump defends Don Jr.-Russian lawyer meeting: 'Most people' would have attended

[quote]Co-founder of firm behind Trump-Russia dossier pressed to testify

[quote]Tucker: Hysterical Dems now think Russia is the 'Most evil country in world history'

[quote]Conway: Hillary herself was 'Treasure trove' of negative Hillary information

by Anonymousreply 90July 14, 2017 2:52 PM

Why is there a new fact about this meeting that comes out every day? Why won't the Trumps just come out with the whole truth?

/rhetorical

by Anonymousreply 91July 14, 2017 2:53 PM

[quote]Where have you heard rumors of a "major bomb" dropping today, [R62]?

Rumors have been floating for a while on Twitter that the WaPo, NYT, CNN, TV networks are sitting on stories involving recordings of phone conversations between Cheeto and the Russians.

Mueller asked them to sit on the material for now.

Maybe this will be the breaking news tonight?

by Anonymousreply 92July 14, 2017 2:53 PM

r87.....thats rich considering its now coming out that Russian money was and is flowing nonstop into the GOP coffers.......

by Anonymousreply 93July 14, 2017 2:54 PM

Kushner must be feeling the heat, he is upset they aren't attacking this story more

[quote]A source close to Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and a top White House adviser, said that while he doesn’t have an exact plan for an overall Russia response, he was angry that there wasn’t a more robust effort from the communications team. Kushner wanted them to complain about chyrons on cable news, call reporters to update stories with White House statements, and unleash surrogates immediately. He was angry that there were no talking points offered to surrogates, the source said. One senior administration official suggested that two aides from the communications shop be dedicated to updating chyrons. "Jared didn’t like the idea, he wanted people to get aggressive,” said an outside adviser who was briefed on the meeting. "Jared’s the guy who is rushing the front lines, and other people are saying, 'See, wait, hold, and let’s get a battle strategy.'” "Jared wanted to get surrogates, he wanted an op-ed in The [Wall Street] Journal and The [New York] Times, and we said, ‘Wait, we have to talk through how that will play out. Who is going to say it, who is going to put their name on the op-ed and what baggage do they have?’" the outside adviser also said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 14, 2017 2:57 PM

The alleged former Soviet intelligence officer who attended the now-infamous meeting with Donald Trump Jr. and other top campaign officials last June was previously accused in federal and state courts of orchestrating an international hacking conspiracy.

The U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. was told in July 2015 that Rinat Akhmetshin had arranged the hacking of a mining company’s private records—stealing internal documents and then disseminating them. The corporate espionage case was brought by International Mineral Resources (IMR), who alleged that Akhmetshin was hired by Russian oligarch Andrey Melinchenko, an industrialist worth around $12 billion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 14, 2017 2:59 PM

Jarred's going to be in bigger trouble when he is tied to giving the Russians access to voter data.

by Anonymousreply 96July 14, 2017 3:01 PM

That's a *really* ugly pic of Kushner in that Politico story, r94. Makes him look like an alien.

While he's correct that the White House needs a better communication strategy and some real leadership, had they done what he wanted, they'd have just made the story worse for them as it unfolded, given the number of lies that they've been caught in over the past few days.

by Anonymousreply 97July 14, 2017 3:02 PM

I just switched the channel to Fox to see what was going on there and they are talking about the health care bill.

by Anonymousreply 98July 14, 2017 3:05 PM

The thing I continue to not understand is how does Jared Kushner still currently have a job and security clearance in the White House?!?!

He has been caught red-handed, everyone should be demanding his clearance is revoked immediately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 14, 2017 3:05 PM

The picture at R94 looks like someone who is experiencing "surprise anal."

by Anonymousreply 100July 14, 2017 3:07 PM

is this latest revelation considered another bombshell??

by Anonymousreply 101July 14, 2017 3:08 PM

its a firecracker r101....a bombshel is something that stops all the other stories and takes over on all channels and all media.......

by Anonymousreply 102July 14, 2017 3:10 PM

I'd call it a bombshell, they got caught lying about this meeting BIGLY once again. Lying about the fact that a Russian lobbyist was there?!?

We are becoming too normalized to Trump's antics to consider this anything less than a bombshell.

by Anonymousreply 103July 14, 2017 3:11 PM

R82 the point is maybe he wasn't really a "translator"

by Anonymousreply 104July 14, 2017 3:13 PM

There's so much dirt on Kushner he'll eventually likely be convicted. To save her husband, Ivanka will throw daddy under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 105July 14, 2017 3:14 PM

[quote]He has been caught red-handed, everyone should be demanding his clearance is revoked immediately.

Democrats are but they just don't have the power to do anything about it yet.

by Anonymousreply 106July 14, 2017 3:14 PM

Trump is adding more legal power to Russia issue

[quote]NEW: Trump plans to hire veteran DC lawyer Ty Cobb to be the point person INSIDE the White House on matters related to Russia probes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 14, 2017 3:16 PM

Wonder if these lawyers are getting paid upfront.

by Anonymousreply 108July 14, 2017 3:19 PM

agree R103!!

by Anonymousreply 109July 14, 2017 3:20 PM

I hope the Trump's blow all of their money on legal fees and still get ousted.

by Anonymousreply 110July 14, 2017 3:22 PM

Will Ivanka become Caroline in 2 Broke Girls??

by Anonymousreply 111July 14, 2017 3:22 PM

I am waiting for Trump to deny he paid the Russians using a money launderer (Atty) to filter to Assange. Because, well...it happened.

by Anonymousreply 112July 14, 2017 3:23 PM

It is impossible to believe the Trump account of the meeting anymore

First, Trump Jr. denied any meeting with Russians.

When the New York Times reported last Saturday that he had met with Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya, he said it was “a short introductory meeting” about “a program about the adoption of Russian children” — which is code for lifting Magnitsky sanctions.

When the Times reported in a Sunday follow-up that Trump Jr. went to the meeting to get dirt on Clinton, he admitted this was right — that Veselnitskaya was “an individual who I was told might have information helpful to the campaign,” but didn’t mention any potential Russian government connections.

On Tuesday, to preempt yet another Times scoop, Trump Jr. published his emails with British publicist Rob Goldstone about the Veselnitskaya meeting — in which Goldstone states that the meeting was “part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump” and Trump Jr. replies that “if it’s what you say I love it.”

Now, on Friday, Trump’s camp has admitted there was at least one more person at the meeting that we didn’t know about — and it seems plausible that this person, Akhmetshin, has at least some kind of connection to Russian intelligence.

What this demonstrates, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is that the Trump camp cannot be trusted, at any point in time, to be telling the full and complete truth about what went down at the meeting. We now know, for a fact, that they have lied about the meeting having taken place, lied about the purpose of the meeting, lied about what they knew about the woman in the meeting, and lied (if only by omission) about who was at the meeting.

All of which raises a question: Why should we believe they’re telling the truth about what happened at the meeting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 14, 2017 3:26 PM

r113....why should they be believed about ANYTHING that they state.

r110.....unfortunately they have legal defense funds for that paid for by supporters and the GOP......

by Anonymousreply 114July 14, 2017 3:38 PM

Someone needs to ask the admin why Trump fired Flynn for lying about meetings with Russians while Jared, who has lied much more extensively, remains in a position of power.

by Anonymousreply 115July 14, 2017 3:40 PM

[quote]Nothing matters to those idiots, they are happy to watch America burn than admit libruls were right about Trump.

Exactly. The way they so willingly adopted his "Fake news" mantra--as he knew they would--makes this guy scandal free to his followers.

That's some straight-up Machiavellian shit right there.

by Anonymousreply 116July 14, 2017 3:41 PM

Don Jr.: Our campaign has needs, how can you help us?

Russian agent: We get you girls that can pee pee for you real good.

Don Jr.: I love it!

by Anonymousreply 117July 14, 2017 3:44 PM

This whole "fake" news thing was created by Trump. Being that he has the vocabulary of a fifth grader, he could not come up with a better terms. I wish everyone would stop using it. The truth is, "fake" news ISNT news. So, it is a dichotomy.

by Anonymousreply 118July 14, 2017 3:46 PM

R5 posted a link which identifies the Russian-American lobbyist by name. Thanks for that scoop R5!

by Anonymousreply 119July 14, 2017 3:47 PM

^ Yeah, I see the typo.

by Anonymousreply 120July 14, 2017 3:48 PM

Remember how Trump claimed Obama tapped Trump Tower? This is probably why he said that. His people know Jr met with Russians at Trump Tower and Trump wanted to lay the blame on Obama so that when this story broke, he'd be able to say the only reason anyone knows about the meeting is because Obama tapped Trump Tower.

by Anonymousreply 121July 14, 2017 3:49 PM

^

Or to find whether it IS bugged- clearing the way for the meeting after Obama denies it.

by Anonymousreply 122July 14, 2017 3:51 PM

Oh, now the RNC is suppose to pay for Trumps legal bills. What do you think of that, Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 123July 14, 2017 3:55 PM

What if the meeting is pretty much what they say it was? Jr.'s sorry attempt to be useful to Daddy's campaign? They did discuss the hacked emails...but the content of the emails was (as we all learned later) a "nothing burger" because Hillary didn't do anything wrong.

This could be why they are feeding us this story. It might not amount to anything. However, it does serve as a nice smokescreen to deflect from the real crimes - hacking the vote - actually changing the outcome of the election, possibly with the knowledge of some Republicans on Capitol Hill. There were a lot of never-Trumpers who changed their tune. Why, if they like the rest of us thought he would lose?

So everyone chases this story while Mueller may be getting closer to the truth and they buy time to cover their tracks.

by Anonymousreply 124July 14, 2017 3:56 PM

Gorsuch needs to step down, he can not be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 125July 14, 2017 3:57 PM

Gorsuch's spot on the Supreme Court is illegitimate. He should eventually be compelled to resign.

Something is very fishy about McConnell. It's almost like he knew - unequivocally - that Trump would be the one to fill Scalia's spot on the court.

by Anonymousreply 126July 14, 2017 4:00 PM

R124 if the meeting is pretty much what they say it was----------why would they deny it, and then when caught admit to it but not to everything? It is a huge thing, and basically it seems that it was a meeting to arrange for the DNC hacking, etc. Connect the dots. DOJ (Sessions) JUST settled on a money laundering suit with----------GUESS WHO? The Russians AND that ATTORNEY---rather than go to trial!!!!!!! MONEY LAUNDERING. SESSIONS..........all of the dots will soon be connected. There is NO WAY they met only to have them say, "oh, yea...that information on HRC is not useful" as if they couldnt do that on the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She FLEW in from RUSSIA!!!!! What, to give information that was meh? Really?? No way. That fat slob arranged all of this email assange shit with the Russian govt and sent that attorney over to close the deal.

by Anonymousreply 127July 14, 2017 4:01 PM

Doesn't the NSA archive all cell phone conversations, all texts, all emails? Shouldn't their archives be doing the heavy lifting then for incriminating Trump and his people? What good is Big Brother if he can't come across for a Good Cause? Fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 128July 14, 2017 4:02 PM

I think the big reveal will be that Donald was there and because they did not mention it, it will look really nasty.

by Anonymousreply 129July 14, 2017 4:03 PM

^

Trump was there and wrote the check. The attorney left with a fat check for Assange. She laundered that money. It will all come out in the wash. Pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 130July 14, 2017 4:05 PM

[quote]Doesn't the NSA archive all cell phone conversations, all texts, all emails?

No, sorry. There are rumors that they were interested in this one because of the two Russian connections involved, but nothing concrete, at least not yet.

by Anonymousreply 131July 14, 2017 4:09 PM

Is it possible that the ever-crazy out there Kellyanne Conway's antics could be the perfect cover for being a leaker to what is happening? With her craziness and double-speak support for Trump, who would ever believe she was betraying them secretly? Sometimes there's crazy like a fox, other times just crazy and mean, though.

by Anonymousreply 132July 14, 2017 4:10 PM

The smartest thing Republicans could do right now, if this latest report of a former Russian agent being present is true, is CLEAN HOUSE. Take the initiative and throw this bum out, and do it in a self-righteous way. Otherwise, it'll be bad for them for many years.

by Anonymousreply 133July 14, 2017 4:16 PM

Watergate aint got nothin on this....

by Anonymousreply 134July 14, 2017 4:17 PM

NEVER again shall we trust this administration.

by Anonymousreply 135July 14, 2017 4:18 PM

So much to unpack here.

1/ Let's get the pee tape out of the way. The Russian hooker situation is likely much worse than golden showers. It is rumored to contain activities against Moscow law. Meaning, underage girls - Moscow's age of consent is 15 yrs old. For years, Trump has associated with persons involved in pedophilia - Jeffery Epstein and John Cassavates. Moreover, international hotels are dens of high-priced sex trade. Not unlikely Trump ran / or allowed these to operate on his properties. So the Kompromat may consist of tapes of Trump with underage girls, possibly abusing them physically. Estimated age based on knowledge /associates of Trump is around 11 yrs old. Another rumor (I don't quite believe) is that the night ended with one of the girls dying. Again in the netherworld of sex trafficking this not unheard of and is, in fact, for sale.

A girl filed a lawsuit against Trump in Palm Bach County alleging underage rape. Her partner in the act disappeared and the girl dropped the suit when she was threatened by the same thing happening to her. The Russian hookers themselves cannot be located.

2/ Putin is believed to have been disappointed by Trump during the G20 meeting. It seems our Dear Leader decided start peacocking, interpreted Putin's reserve as weakness and pushed back on sanctions as not feasible. Trump has given Putin other deliverables (as Trump calls them), including settling money laundering cases against Russians favorably and allowing Russian spies to roam the US at will. Moreover, he as not upgraded US govt. security, allowing existing firewall holes to go unpatched. Although some agencies do so on their own.

TEORY: I think that Putin first leaked the June 2016 meeting to NYT last week as a warning. When the paper tried to get verification, WHouse sources provided more detailed information. Today the Trump Administration is again floating the idea of returning the Russian compound and lifting sanctions unilaterally. About the Russian hookers, Trump was so insistent on this one fact to Comey because it involved more than golden showers.

by Anonymousreply 136July 14, 2017 4:20 PM

New Yorker cover:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 14, 2017 4:22 PM

R127 They lie to create disinformation and muddy the narrative alternative facts - who will believe the actual truth when the story changes so many times? But remember there are Trump accomplices in the FBI (Guiliani spilled those beans) and I guess by extension possibly the IC, and it looks like in Congress too. Mueller has to fight the fight inside the house and the enemy at the gates.

I agree this is all big and nasty. I just don't know that it is going to be as easy as it seems this afternoon while one house of cards is falling down to uncover it. They're not smart, but Putin unfortunately i, and there are traitors everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 138July 14, 2017 4:25 PM

My sister and I living in Fred's building in Queens. Fred and Donald would sometimes be there. Mostly Fred with his FLAMING RED HAIR and SEVERELY mean face. We were in the elevator when the two of them and the building manager stepped on. I was 13, sister was 11. That fucker (DT) was CHECKING MY SISTER OUT. Looking at her legs (summer, she has shorts) and not trying to hide his leering. Now, he is our POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 139July 14, 2017 4:27 PM

"President Trump talks off the record on Air Force One, wonders why it wasn't published"

I didn't want to start a new thread for Agent Orange, but I just had this pop up on my news feed and after 5 minutes of continuously hitting my head against the wall, I just wanted to share this here....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 14, 2017 4:29 PM

[quote]Trump knows this scenario. If only one person is weak enough to break ranks and make a deal by telling everything knows, then Trump is screwed.

[quote]Someone needs to ask the admin why Trump fired Flynn for lying about meetings with Russians while Jared, who has lied much more extensively, remains in a position of power.

Notable that Trump has publicly praised Flynn as a 'very good man', and urged him to 'stay strong.' Given the above two quotes, not much decoding for Trump's remarks seems necessary.

by Anonymousreply 141July 14, 2017 4:32 PM

[quote]Sean Hannity is practicing tonight's "nothingburger" speech right now.

I look forward to him dropping dead even before any Trumps. LI Irish trash.

by Anonymousreply 142July 14, 2017 4:32 PM

Where is Sean Spicer?

by Anonymousreply 143July 14, 2017 4:35 PM

Look, it's already been reported by several news outlets that there really is a cabal of billionaires who are buying up data mining and analysis firms to micro target voters and send them fake news (especially using social media, like Facebook).

Problem is, the articles about this situation are not short, pithy two-paragraph stories. It's complicated. You've got guys like brilliant computer scientist Robert Mercer behind this scheme. The scheme itself has to be explained and it takes more than a few paragraphs to explain it

But Americans don't want to read anything more than 140 characters. They'd rather stay in the comfortable dark than read the complicated truth.

Years ago I heard a professor at Harvard school of business told his students that if they wanted to steal, they should steal big. It easy to get convicted by a jury for robbing a liquor store, but it's hard to get a jury to understand a long, complicated illegal scheme. It's hard for DAs to put together an effective case when they have to spend millions of dollars tracing the money you've stolen. Then, after all that money spent, the DAs have to present a very complicated case to undereducated, easily bored

by Anonymousreply 144July 14, 2017 4:37 PM

[quote]What if the meeting is pretty much what they say it was? Jr.'s sorry attempt to be useful to Daddy's campaign? They did discuss the hacked emails...but the content of the emails was (as we all learned later) a "nothing burger" because Hillary didn't do anything wrong.

Doesn't matter. This isn't about the meeting anymore, it's about lies and cover-ups.

by Anonymousreply 145July 14, 2017 4:37 PM

Here's one of the articles about billionaires using high tech in elections.

"That ruling, (Citizens United) and several subsequent ones, removed virtually all limits on how much money corporations and nonprofit groups can spend on federal elections, and how much individuals can give to political-action committees. [bold] Since then, power has tilted away from the two main political parties and toward a tiny group of rich mega-donors.[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 14, 2017 4:39 PM

[quote]Years ago I heard a professor at Harvard school of business told his students that if they wanted to steal, they should steal big. It easy to get convicted by a jury for robbing a liquor store, but it's hard to get a jury to understand a long, complicated illegal scheme. It's hard for DAs to put together an effective case when they have to spend millions of dollars tracing the money you've stolen. Then, after all that money spent, the DAs have to present a very complicated case to undereducated, easily bored

That's why local media is able to rile people up over some petty theft than Wall St. type crimes where billions are stolen from so many people.

by Anonymousreply 147July 14, 2017 4:40 PM

R18 yep - this reminds me of that scene in working girl when Tess and Jack have a meeting with Trask underlings and it becomes obvious Trask is in the penthouse office monitoring the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 148July 14, 2017 4:40 PM

I don't understand these people with so much money who use it for evil. Were they always so evil or does the money just make them evil? I mean it's one thing to just not want to pay taxes, but a concerted effort to destroy the very foundation of your own country?

by Anonymousreply 149July 14, 2017 4:42 PM

r136, what the fuck are you talking about? John Cassavetes wasn't a pedophile and he's also been dead since 1989.

by Anonymousreply 150July 14, 2017 4:42 PM

Oh bless your heart r149. You sound so naive and innocent.

by Anonymousreply 151July 14, 2017 4:44 PM

That poster is always trying to tie this treason into some large, international pedo network, r150. It's creepy and usually doesn't make a lot of sense.

by Anonymousreply 152July 14, 2017 4:45 PM

Maybe Donald Trump Sr.'s voice is on a recording of that June meeting, perhaps from his office listening in and chiming in?

by Anonymousreply 153July 14, 2017 4:48 PM

More about Robert Mercer, the billionaire owner of Cambridge Analytica, a company that tracks people and Jones in on them to deliver a personal political message.

[quote] Several former colleagues of Mercer’s said that his views are akin to Objectivism, the philosophy of Ayn Rand. Magerman told me, “Bob believes that human beings have no inherent value other than how much money they make. A cat has value, he’s said, because it provides pleasure to humans. But if someone is on welfare they have negative value. If he earns a thousand times more than a schoolteacher, then he’s a thousand times more valuable.”

[quote] Magerman added, “He thinks society is upside down—that government helps the weak people get strong, and makes the strong people weak by taking their money away, through taxes.” He said that this mind-set was typical of “instant billionaires” in finance, who “have no stake in society,” unlike the industrialists of the past, who “built real things.”

by Anonymousreply 154July 14, 2017 4:49 PM

R151, I'm not being naive. I'm genuinely curious as to how one chooses to use their wealth for nefarious reasons. I know people who are very well-off who are incredibly generous and comprehend the concept of things like paying taxes, if you actually believe in a civilized, well-functioning society.

There IS a difference between Peter Thiel and JK Rowling, and the way they choose to use their wealth.

by Anonymousreply 155July 14, 2017 4:49 PM

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I absolutely think that Trump has raped young girls (in the 11-13 age range). I just feel like it's true in my gut.

Also, Russian hookers peeing on a bed while Trump is watching is, yes, salacious and gross. But I don't feel like it's big enough to be the kind of blackmail that would make him do anything and everything for his blackmailer. I feel like it's something much worse.

by Anonymousreply 156July 14, 2017 4:50 PM

Okay, but here's the thing, as a moron and a narcissist and the smartest person in every room and as a man who goes outside with that hairdo, what could they have on him that he would actually find embarrassing? I don't think he would see golden showers as anything but a display of his own dominance, ordering these whores to do whatever he asks for his own pleasure. What could possibly embarrass this cretin?

by Anonymousreply 157July 14, 2017 4:53 PM

Another article about Mercer's data gathering and how it was used in Brexit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 14, 2017 4:55 PM

Does Mercer fantasize about exterminating the non-rich like roaches? Were none of these people loved or supported by any adult when they were children?

by Anonymousreply 159July 14, 2017 4:57 PM

Robert Mercer is one of the most politically powerful people in the western world, yet very few people know who he is. And that's exactly how Mercer likes it.

Jared Kushner is enamored with the idea of billionaires owning the media and controlling information. He loves the idea of using technology to sway people politically, so he can have more power and keep more of his money. That's why he bought the (formerly named) New York Observer. I'm betting he, Mercer and Russian troll farms are linked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 14, 2017 5:01 PM

I was just reading about him. Put millions into Breitbart. The daughter was on Trump's transition team. She "homeschooled" her children.

Donated millions and millions to anything and everything that might as well be called the "Legion of Doom."

by Anonymousreply 161July 14, 2017 5:01 PM

[QUOTE]What could possibly embarrass this cretin?

Why do you assume it's something embarrassing rather than something downright criminal?

Like raping and murdering a young girl on film?

by Anonymousreply 162July 14, 2017 5:03 PM

r162, because he sees himself as being above the law and so far he's been right about that.

by Anonymousreply 163July 14, 2017 5:04 PM

How sweet:

[quote]The three Mercer daughters own a bakery called Ruby et Violette.

by Anonymousreply 164July 14, 2017 5:04 PM

[quote] Were none of these people loved or supported by any adult when they were children?

There's a fine line between madness and genius. Mercer is a genius. He's probably on the spectrum and doesn't understand that he is not the only person who is responsible for making Robert Mercer the man he is today.

But lots of today's tech billionaires are very much like him. They have lucked out and decided this luck makes them superior individuals. So they believe only they are responsible for their success. Not their parents, nor their public school teachers, or the publically funded infrastructure, They see themselves as geniuses fighting this horrible enemy called "government," which wants to hold them back from their own greatness.

by Anonymousreply 165July 14, 2017 5:06 PM

I doubt he'll be satisfied until we have the feudal system back:

In 2013, Mercer was sued by several members of his household staff, who accused him of docking their wages and failing to pay overtime compensation. The lawsuit was "resolved amicably", according to an attorney who represented members of his household staff.

by Anonymousreply 166July 14, 2017 5:07 PM

This troll who "feels" in her "gut" Trump kills child whores. Well I feel in my gut Trump is an alien lizard person from an enemy lizard race of the current lizard rulers of Earth, the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (i.e. the Windsors) and the Rothschilds.

by Anonymousreply 167July 14, 2017 5:10 PM

In his first public interview about the meeting, Akhmetshin said he accompanied Veselnitskaya to Trump Tower where they met an interpreter who participated in the meeting. He said he had learned about the meeting only that day when Veselnitskaya asked him to attend. He said he showed up in jeans and a T-shirt.

During the meeting, Akhmetshin said Veselnitskaya brought with her a plastic folder with printed-out documents that detailed what she believed was the flow of illicit funds to the Democratic National Committee. Veselnitskaya presented the contents of the documents to the Trump associates and suggested that making the information public could help the Trump campaign, he said.

“This could be a good issue to expose how the DNC is accepting bad money,” Akhmetshin recalled her saying.

Akhmetshin said he does not know if Veselnitskaya’s documents were provided by the Russian government. He said he thinks she left the materials with the Trump associates. It was unclear if she handed the documents to anyone in the room or simply left them behind, he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 14, 2017 5:12 PM

The problem will never be these billionaires, it will be the millions of stupid fucks in red states with very little money who do their bidding.

by Anonymousreply 169July 14, 2017 5:15 PM

Interesting. I would not be surprised if Putin chucks trump under the bus. He's a dictator and probably didn't understand that a president doesn't have unlimited powers.

by Anonymousreply 170July 14, 2017 5:15 PM

[quote]John Cassavetes wasn't a pedophile and he's also been dead since 1989.

I think he's referring to John Casablancas.

by Anonymousreply 171July 14, 2017 5:16 PM

You must be kidding, R170. Putin understands the American political system better than even the most "patriotic" Americans. He was a friggin KGB agent. You think he doesn't understand something he was trained to know about?

The man wants chaos/disruption in the US. If that comes with Trump staying or going. He doesn't care either way.

by Anonymousreply 172July 14, 2017 5:18 PM

If the Repugs were given evidence of the DNC taking "bad money," it must not have been legitimate evidence, because they would have publicized that 24/7.

Hell, even if the evidence was faked but marginally believable, they would have publicized it.

I think the lobbyist is lying about the lawyer providing evidence "against" the DNC. He's probably telling that story to give the Repugs some spin -- "Look, Trump was just concerned about the DNC breaking the law! He's a hero!"

by Anonymousreply 173July 14, 2017 5:19 PM

Correction: If that comes with Trump staying or going, he doesn't care either way.

by Anonymousreply 174July 14, 2017 5:20 PM

(I stand corrected, it was not Cassavetes, but Casablancas)

[149] John Casablancas' used his modeling agency to gain access to beautiful young women (like all modeling agencies do). Some of them were under the age of consent. If they weren't successful models, they would be required to attend parties and entertain affluent guests. Trump started Trump Modeling to procure beautiful women, many of foreign origin, who depended on him for their visas. The set up was the same. Casablancas died in 6/2013. He and Trump socialized together in NYC. When Ivanka started modeling, she was accepted by Casablancas' agency. Around tis time all the creepy Ivanka/Donald pictures appear. I do not believe Trump in any way was improper wit is daughter. IMHO; these were merely a publicity stunt. Regarding Casablancas, per his obituary

"His successes were also rocked by scandals. He was accused of engaging in relationships with underage models and resigned from his agency in 2000, following a BBC One undercover exposé showing some of Elite’s European agents bragging about using drugs and having sex with young models".

[150] First time I have ever posted about any pedo scheme.

by Anonymousreply 175July 14, 2017 5:20 PM

Yeah I laughed at that r172. Putin is not Trump, he is incredibly clever and knows exactly what he is doing. He was the former leader of the KGB and an avid follower of Western governments.

by Anonymousreply 176July 14, 2017 5:21 PM

Im starting to think these newly added participants are being thrown into the mix by Trump and assoc to create a smokescreen and an alibi. Note his story is how the information exchanged was about Russia funneling money into the DNC and to HC to support her win over Trump......doesnt anyone find that suspicious considering thats the narrative being spun by the right wing media the last several days ? Why the hell would Russia fund their enemy HC ? Why would Russia covertly pass that info to Trump when he has media outlets to make it public for him ? With Trumps accusation of HC and Russia during the campaign, why wasnt it released if its true ? I smell smokescreen and diversion to evade the truth that it was Trump colluding and conspiring with Russia.

by Anonymousreply 177July 14, 2017 5:21 PM

Horrible mistake to make, R175, esp., for those of us who loved Cassavetes.

by Anonymousreply 178July 14, 2017 5:22 PM

stop making it sound like Trump is smart enough to throw up smoke screens!

he is NOT

by Anonymousreply 179July 14, 2017 5:26 PM

[QUOTE]This troll who "feels" in her "gut" Trump kills child whores.

I didn't say that I feel in my gut that he has murdered a "child whore." I said that I have a feeling he's probably raped an 11-13 girl at some point. And I think there's plenty of evidence to back up that feeling. If that makes me a "troll," then fine.

And I'm a man. what are you?

by Anonymousreply 180July 14, 2017 5:27 PM

Funny, I don't see any of the tech billionaires as geniuses except maybe for the original Apple duo of Jobs and Wozniak. Your description makes them sound like Aspies desperately in need of therapy.

by Anonymousreply 181July 14, 2017 5:28 PM

I don't think he's even smart enough to know that long tie ain't hiding shit. The people around him are the ones who know what to do.

by Anonymousreply 182July 14, 2017 5:28 PM

I wonder if it's Don Jr that russians have kompromat on? I believe he has said that he has travelled there frequently for business, I believe I have heard on the tv that he has said in the past that Moscow is his favorite city ....

by Anonymousreply 183July 14, 2017 5:28 PM

[R178] I know. I loved Cassavetes, too. Got names mixed up. Apologies to all.

by Anonymousreply 184July 14, 2017 5:31 PM

No R179 he is not, but Putin is and they just had a 2 1/2 hour meeting with Comrade Tillerson as the only "reliable" witness.

by Anonymousreply 185July 14, 2017 5:32 PM

Not to make excuses for Trump but it seems clear to me he is suffering from some mental deficiency. A poster who talked about sundowners syndrome made a convincing argument.

by Anonymousreply 186July 14, 2017 5:33 PM

"My sister and I living in Fred's building in Queens. Fred and Donald would sometimes be there. Mostly Fred with his FLAMING RED HAIR and SEVERELY mean face. We were in the elevator when the two of them and the building manager stepped on. I was 13, sister was 11. That fucker (DT) was CHECKING MY SISTER OUT. Looking at her legs (summer, she has shorts) and not trying to hide his leering. Now, he is our POTUS."

Thanks for sharing that. Goes to his vile repulsive nature. If ever I may want to give this creatine the benefit of the doubt, I'll remember your story.

by Anonymousreply 187July 14, 2017 5:45 PM

I feel like the people who keep mentioning dementia never knew anything about Trump in the 80s/90s. The only difference between then and now is that he's now even more overtly hateful.

by Anonymousreply 188July 14, 2017 5:45 PM

Trump is an idiot, he has always been an idiot. The person who wrote his biography and got to know him well tried to tell everyone that.

by Anonymousreply 189July 14, 2017 5:46 PM

Release the tax returns

Open up the White House visitors log

THEN you'll be transparent.

by Anonymousreply 190July 14, 2017 5:48 PM

Russian bots (including Breitbart) are going nuts on Twitter. Their new tactic is saying the Russian lawyer "worked for the dems for years." And hat Loretta Lynch ordered Manafort's phone tapped in Trump tower.

by Anonymousreply 191July 14, 2017 5:50 PM

Alt right is hitting back HARD on Twitter, making claims that they "verify" through links to blogs no one has ever heard of before.

by Anonymousreply 192July 14, 2017 5:52 PM

(including Breitbart)

I love how they think they're not "fakenews," meanwhile, they live and breathe to be hysterical bullshitters.

by Anonymousreply 193July 14, 2017 5:52 PM

Are they using the "E" word?

by Anonymousreply 194July 14, 2017 5:53 PM

[quote]Alt right is hitting back HARD on Twitter, making claims that they "verify" through links to blogs no one has ever heard of before.

Yeah, sure. Probably the same blogs they use to send knowingly false documents to people like Maddow, so they can scream like cunts about her reporting "fake news!"

by Anonymousreply 195July 14, 2017 5:56 PM

I don't think Trump knew about that meeting until after it was over. I don't think Trump knows shit about anything until Ivanka explains it to him like he has Alzheimer's.

by Anonymousreply 196July 14, 2017 5:56 PM

who the HELL is Fred?

by Anonymousreply 197July 14, 2017 5:56 PM

[167] "This troll who "feels" in her "gut" Trump kills child whores. Well I feel in my gut Trump is an alien lizard person from an enemy lizard race of the current lizard rulers of Earth, the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (i.e. the Windsors) and the Rothschilds."

1/ No one has referred to an abused underage girl that MAY have died in a sex party as a child whore. You did. She is a victim, pure and simple.

2/ No one accused Trump of murdering such a girl. I explicitly stated I didn't believe it. I can see how a dupe might be invited to a party by your friendly FSB (KGB) where a girl had been drugged (poisoned) and did not make it through the night. Leaving our dupe dumbfounded and holding chinchilla covered handcuffs in his hands. Later being made aware the whole thing is on film. I don't think Trump is that much of a dupe.

Scared of negative stuff about your precious Donnie? Stuff you can't spin to evangelicals?

by Anonymousreply 198July 14, 2017 5:57 PM

Listen to this gibberish from Trump on Air Force One:

THE PRESIDENT: A big thing we have with China was, if they could help us with North Korea, that would be great. They have pressures that are tough pressures, and I understand. And you know, don’t forget, China, over the many years, has been at war with Korea — you know, wars with Korea. It’s not like, oh, gee, you just do whatever we say. They’ve had numerous wars with Korea.

They have an 8,000 year culture. So when they see 1776 — to them, that’s like a modern building. The White House was started — was essentially built in 1799. To us, that’s really old. To them, that’s like a super modern building, right? So, you know, they’ve had tremendous conflict over many, many centuries with Korea. So it’s not just like, you do this. But we’re going to find out what happens.

by Anonymousreply 199July 14, 2017 5:59 PM

I don't trust information about anything from a moron who doesn't even know who John Cassavetes was. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 200July 14, 2017 6:01 PM

THE PRESIDENT: Steel is a big problem. Steel is — I mean, they’re dumping steel. Not only China, but others. We’re like a dumping ground, okay? They’re dumping steel and destroying our steel industry, they’ve been doing it for decades, and I’m stopping it. It’ll stop.

------

Meanwhile, the fat fuck used Chinese steel in his buildings.

by Anonymousreply 201July 14, 2017 6:03 PM

Donald Trump used Chinese steel and aluminum. The United States has a long history of producing high-quality steel and aluminum, but Trump chose Chinese manufacturers in at least two of his recent construction projects. The Trump International Hotel Las Vegas and the Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago both used tons of Chinese metals.

The origin of the steel used was obscured. The origin of the steel used to build the Trump hotel in Las Vegas was hidden through a tangle of “various corporate entities, including holding companies registered in the British Virgin Islands," a popular location for offshore entities who place a premium on, ahem, discretion.

by Anonymousreply 202July 14, 2017 6:07 PM

Trump says the word "China", only a lot of times it sounds like Va-"gina".

by Anonymousreply 203July 14, 2017 6:16 PM

I loved his little history lesson. A political satire skit wouldn't have to change a word.

by Anonymousreply 204July 14, 2017 6:20 PM

[200] Block me, if you must. My affront to Cassavetes was unforgivable. (BTW, I do know who Cassavetes was)

by Anonymousreply 205July 14, 2017 6:21 PM

[quote]What could possibly embarrass this cretin?

Definitive evidence of: being Putin's puppet to a degree he didn't, couldn't, grasp; nonetheless accepting lucrative financial advantages; assistance with 'winning' the election; not being a billionaire; sexual perversion and dysfunction; medical and psychiatric dysfunction; verbatim reports of exactly what all G20 leaders really think of him; verbatim reports of exactly what all his closest advisors really think of him.

In essence, his comprehensive failure as a 'successful' human being and 'President', a verdict inviting at best pity, which even his insanely bloated ego might find troubling.

by Anonymousreply 206July 14, 2017 6:23 PM

[quote]It is still not clear how many people attended the meeting. So far acknowledged in attendance: Trump Jr., Kushner, Manafort, Veselnitskaya, Akhmetshin and publicist Rob Goldstone, who helped set up the meeting. The source familiar with the circumstances said there were other people in the room as well, but could not provide the names.

So the clown car hasn't fully emptied yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 14, 2017 6:35 PM

I hope Faye as Joan was there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 14, 2017 6:38 PM

Damn, why didn't they subpoena Jr and ask questions about the meeting so he could lie under oath and be sent to jail? Why give the information away to the public?

by Anonymousreply 209July 14, 2017 6:41 PM

Latest

Nicholas Kristof‏Verified account @NickKristof

CNN says 8 people, including 3 still unidentified, attended the Don Trump Jr. meeting with the Russians. Oops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 14, 2017 6:44 PM

Trump Tower Russia meeting: At least eight people in the room

The revelation of additional participants comes as The Associated Press first reported Friday that a Russian-American lobbyist named Rinat Akhmetshin said he also attended the June 2016 meeting with Donald Trump Jr. CNN has reached out to Akhmetshin for comment.

So far acknowledged in attendance: Trump Jr., Kushner, Manafort, Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, Akhmetshin and publicist Rob Goldstone, who helped set up the meeting. [bold]A source familiar with the circumstances told CNN there were at least two other people in the room as well, a translator and a representative of the Russian family[/bold] who had asked Goldstone to set up the meeting. The source did not provide the names."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 14, 2017 6:46 PM

It really is like one of those Russian nesting dolls--3 becomes 4, then 5, then 8. I wonder who the little doll in the middle will turn out to be?

by Anonymousreply 212July 14, 2017 6:51 PM

[quote]It really is like one of those Russian nesting dolls

Only not near as cute.

by Anonymousreply 213July 14, 2017 6:53 PM

Twitter just reminded me that Reince Priebus was also at Trump Tower that day. And of course, so was DJT...

by Anonymousreply 214July 14, 2017 6:53 PM

[quote]CNN said

FAKENEWS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 215July 14, 2017 6:53 PM

[quote]I was just reading about him. Put millions into Breitbart. The daughter was on Trump's transition team. She "homeschooled" her children.

Mercer also brought Kellyanne Conway to the Trump campaign, if I'm not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 216July 14, 2017 6:54 PM

CNN is reporting that there were at least 8 people in this meeting now!

WTF?!?

by Anonymousreply 217July 14, 2017 7:05 PM

Pretty soon ALL of us will have been in this meeting that took place on June 9th, 2016.

All except Donald Trump of course.

by Anonymousreply 218July 14, 2017 7:07 PM

I was there.

by Anonymousreply 219July 14, 2017 7:08 PM

John Dean (yes, THAT John Dean) speaking truth to power on CNN right now.

by Anonymousreply 220July 14, 2017 7:09 PM

We were ordered to attend but managed to all call in sick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 14, 2017 7:11 PM

Ok R172, so trump promised way more because he didn't realize being president was not the same as king.

He is pretty fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 222July 14, 2017 7:11 PM

An AP reporter spotted Priebus going into Trump Tower that day.

by Anonymousreply 223July 14, 2017 7:12 PM

China was also represented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224July 14, 2017 7:12 PM

R220, can you paraphrase what John Dean is saying?

by Anonymousreply 225July 14, 2017 7:14 PM

LOL R218

by Anonymousreply 226July 14, 2017 7:17 PM

Rebekah Mercer also loves and supports (with $$$) Milo Yiannopolis.

by Anonymousreply 227July 14, 2017 7:19 PM

@adamgoldmanNYT just tweeted:

Will identify the last person at the meeting shortly

Get your popcorn ready for the big reveal!

by Anonymousreply 228July 14, 2017 7:21 PM

Wow even uber conservative Fux News commentator Krauthammer is calling this mess "Keystone Cops Collusion"!

by Anonymousreply 229July 14, 2017 7:21 PM

Trump was there. I mean, PULEEEZZZZ!!!

by Anonymousreply 230July 14, 2017 7:21 PM

I feel sorry for Donnie having to deny he was at the meeting, because you know it's killing him that he can't brag about the dessert that was served.

by Anonymousreply 231July 14, 2017 7:23 PM

R212, I imagine the little doll in the middle has the smallest hands of all.

by Anonymousreply 232July 14, 2017 7:24 PM

Soon enough, Donald will flatly confirm he was there and brush it off.

by Anonymousreply 233July 14, 2017 7:24 PM

Those stupid handshakes that he does- one reason that he pulls them so close is because he has the shortest arms EVER and does not want people to notice.

by Anonymousreply 234July 14, 2017 7:29 PM

Sergey Kislyak? Dana Rohrbacher? Kellyanne? Kato Kaelin? Caitlyn Jenner?

by Anonymousreply 235July 14, 2017 7:30 PM

I was there but I left early

by Anonymousreply 236July 14, 2017 7:31 PM

Kushner's lawyer dropped the case

[quote]At the same time, Jamie Gorelick, a politically well connected lawyer who has been representing Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, is dropping out of the case, turning over all responsibilities for the Russia investigation to Abbe Lowell, another high profile Washington criminal defense lawyer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237July 14, 2017 7:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 14, 2017 7:33 PM

I read somewhere that the 8th person in the meeting was non other than the pop singer's mommy (can't recall her name).

by Anonymousreply 239July 14, 2017 7:35 PM

I Love it!!

by Anonymousreply 240July 14, 2017 7:36 PM

You know what? I think I just remembered that Putin might have been in that meeting. It completely slipped my mind!

by Anonymousreply 241July 14, 2017 7:37 PM

Perfect gif r238, you know shit is bad when a lawyer doesn't want to ruin their own reputation by staying involved with what they must see is a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 242July 14, 2017 7:38 PM

I love it!

by Anonymousreply 243July 14, 2017 7:39 PM

I was there, wearing the The Boucheron tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 14, 2017 7:39 PM

Twitter's certainly having fun speculating on Mystery Guest #8.

My fave guess so far is Ted Nugent.

by Anonymousreply 245July 14, 2017 7:41 PM

Boris and Natasha were there, as was I in disguise, trying to stop these dastardly villains.

by Anonymousreply 246July 14, 2017 7:46 PM

I was there too.

by Anonymousreply 247July 14, 2017 7:47 PM

What about Ivanka or Eric??? Remember Claude Taylor saying all 3 of them were taped committing treason...

Meanwhile:

@yashar 16m16 minutes ago

While Rome burns, Ivanka and Jared are in Sun Valley at the Allen conference with media moguls and globalists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 14, 2017 7:48 PM

I went, in my official capacity as the Trump Towers architect.

by Anonymousreply 249July 14, 2017 7:49 PM

Was #8 Felonies Gru from Despicable Me?

by Anonymousreply 250July 14, 2017 7:49 PM

I found the 8th person at the meeting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251July 14, 2017 7:50 PM

*Felonius

by Anonymousreply 252July 14, 2017 7:50 PM

It was moi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 14, 2017 7:52 PM

La La Land!

by Anonymousreply 254July 14, 2017 7:55 PM

So *that's* where Waldo was!

by Anonymousreply 255July 14, 2017 7:56 PM

Or was it Carmen Sandiego?

by Anonymousreply 256July 14, 2017 7:56 PM

Now there are reports that the meeting's participants were unaware of the presence of a ninth person!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257July 14, 2017 7:56 PM

I was there, and I can confirm that there was something fishy about the whole meeting!

by Anonymousreply 258July 14, 2017 7:57 PM

#8:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259July 14, 2017 7:57 PM

[quote]My fave guess so far is Ted Nugent.

The smart money is on Lord Voldemort.

by Anonymousreply 260July 14, 2017 7:58 PM

Lord Buckethead? TV's sweetheart? Emmanuel Lewis? Bobby Trendy?

by Anonymousreply 261July 14, 2017 8:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262July 14, 2017 8:02 PM

Cindy Adams.....

by Anonymousreply 263July 14, 2017 8:05 PM

Don't dare sully the good name of Lord Buckethead. He's what's good in this world.

by Anonymousreply 264July 14, 2017 8:07 PM

Sylvia Rivera, from the great beyond!

by Anonymousreply 265July 14, 2017 8:08 PM

It was Junior Samples.

by Anonymousreply 266July 14, 2017 8:09 PM

Dems want scrutiny of Ivanka Trump over Kushner’s Russian contacts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267July 14, 2017 8:10 PM

It was Newt.

by Anonymousreply 268July 14, 2017 8:13 PM

I believe MSNBC has declared war on thevTrump Family and I am with them.

I have to admit I am more worried about Trumpcare right now and billions in givaways to the richest people in the country.

by Anonymousreply 269July 14, 2017 8:15 PM

I'd like them to revisit Ivanka's random trip to see Wendy Deng last summer too, R267. There is something very fishy about that (as has been stated here multiple times).

by Anonymousreply 270July 14, 2017 8:17 PM

We all know it was Sean Young who showed up to the meeting in a Russian cossack outfit demanding she have a part in the collusion. Donald Trump quickly escorted her out of the meeting however.

by Anonymousreply 271July 14, 2017 8:17 PM

We were there.

by Anonymousreply 272July 14, 2017 8:17 PM

Republican Charles Krauthammer: "It turned out to be incompetent collusion, amateur collusion, comically failed collusion. That does not erase the fact that three top Trump campaign officials were ready to play.

It may turn out that they did later collaborate more fruitfully. We don’t know. But even if nothing else is found, the evidence is damning.

I leave it to the lawyers to adjudicate the legalities of unconsummated collusion. But you don’t need a lawyer to see that the Trump defense — collusion as a desperate Democratic fiction designed to explain away a lost election — is now officially dead."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273July 14, 2017 8:18 PM

The white house grifters are basically Russians.

by Anonymousreply 274July 14, 2017 8:19 PM

Maybe it was Rudy.

by Anonymousreply 275July 14, 2017 8:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276July 14, 2017 8:22 PM

When the hell is Mueller going to call in DJT Jr. In for questioning,?? I want his head on a spike!

by Anonymousreply 277July 14, 2017 8:26 PM

[quote] I want his head on a spike!

I'd prefer the big tough guy be tossed into a wildlife preserve without his precious gun.

And everyone gets to watch him with popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 278July 14, 2017 8:29 PM

[quote]When the hell is Mueller going to call in DJT Jr. In for questioning,??

The recent reporting is that this meeting caught Mueller by surprise, and that Donald, Jr. wasn't really on his radar.

Well, he is now.

by Anonymousreply 279July 14, 2017 8:33 PM

I doubt he was unaware, R279. This meeting was known before it hit the press because Kushner & Manafort had to update their security forms.

There is this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280July 14, 2017 8:39 PM

Mr. Smith‏ @GuardianRover I bought extra popcorn, nachos, and beer for this afternoon. 🍿🍿🍿

This man knows things...he's in the IC community & he tweeted yesterday that there was more to come. So I don't think the reveal of the 8th person is going to be a "nothingburger." Except to everyone on FOX and in the WH, of course.

by Anonymousreply 281July 14, 2017 8:41 PM

I've read that this all came out of the Manafort list of his Russian contacts, then Jared had to scramble and amend his list. Mueller or the senate investigation committee had requested this info.

Also in the email chain released by Junior, Goldstone said he would "bring two people" to Trump Tower but that he personally would not attend the meeting. There is a long Twitter by an attorney somewhere which lists all the discrepancies in the email chain. A lot of email responses and CCs were whited out. This guy did forensic analysis of emails for a living. He found ten discrepancies right off the bat.

by Anonymousreply 282July 14, 2017 8:43 PM

Wow. Bitches even took a picture. Some balls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283July 14, 2017 8:45 PM

R282 Post the twitter link!

by Anonymousreply 284July 14, 2017 8:48 PM

[quote]So I don't think the reveal of the 8th person is going to be a "nothingburger."

CNN is reporting that it's a representative of the Russian family who had asked Goldstone to set up the meeting.

by Anonymousreply 285July 14, 2017 9:03 PM

It was me, teleconferencing in from Branson.

Eldergays, catch me on tour this summer! I'll tell you all about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286July 14, 2017 9:08 PM

I can't help thinking of the cover of Sgt Pepper when this meeting is referenced.

by Anonymousreply 287July 14, 2017 9:09 PM

Cash me ousside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288July 14, 2017 9:10 PM

Are you SURE you've mentioned everyone who was at that meeting, Mr Trump?

Donnie: Yes, of course. Nobody else was there. Nobody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 14, 2017 9:11 PM

R284, the lawyer is Paul Dickinson.... @prdickinson. He tweeted it on 12 July. He had 50 questions but only listed 15 here.

by Anonymousreply 290July 14, 2017 9:13 PM

That cash me girl is so mentally ill it's not funny. Forty years ago she'd have been checked into a psych hospital and never let out. And everyone would be better off.

by Anonymousreply 291July 14, 2017 9:14 PM

Yes that was the free association link why I posted her here, R291. This crowd is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 292July 14, 2017 9:17 PM

Very cute r287

by Anonymousreply 293July 14, 2017 9:31 PM

Well Trump Sr obviously was not in attendance r283.

by Anonymousreply 294July 14, 2017 9:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 14, 2017 9:53 PM

R295. That makes 7! One more...

by Anonymousreply 296July 14, 2017 9:57 PM

I want his head on a spike! "I'd prefer the big tough guy be tossed into a wildlife preserve without his precious gun."

R278 To make it truly quid pro quo they would need to drop him into a wildlife preserve where there's plenty of food to forage and water for him, a spot that seems peaceful enough that he'd get somewhat complacent fairly quickly.

The lions, cheetahs, elephants, et al would be shuttled in on fairly comfortable jeeps, by the shrewder local primates who've spent a lifetime observing humans and their daily routines and habits. Some of the primates would be expert trackers, others would be skilled sharpshooters. Hours earlier, primate scouts would have been sent out from the luxurious field camp where the lions, cheetahs and elephants had enjoyed a fine, leisurely meal prior to the hunt.

Word would be sent back to the camp, probably via handheld communication devices, that it was time to roll. They would provide the exact coordinates where the DJTJr was lurking and most likely to be a guaranteed kill. I'm not entirely sure which of the lions, cheetahs or elephants would get first crack at making mincemeat of DJTJr but I would imagine all of them would want a piece of him.

I personally would reserve the popcorn and viewing seating for the giraffes, gazelles, etc who rarely if ever get to watch such a show while casually relaxing on the sidelines.

by Anonymousreply 297July 14, 2017 10:04 PM

After mulling it over I am now convinced that Baboons are the most appropriately badass primates orchestrating the hunt and arranging for all the requisite details in the field. DJTJr wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

by Anonymousreply 298July 14, 2017 10:12 PM

Leanne Naramore‏ @LeanneNaramore

Shep Smith: "The deception, Chris, is mind-boggling...why are we getting told all these lies?"

Chris Wallace: "I don't know what to say"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299July 14, 2017 10:13 PM

Are we still at 8? Or have any more dropped??

by Anonymousreply 300July 14, 2017 10:14 PM

Meanwhile, where is the WaPo bombshell story?

by Anonymousreply 301July 14, 2017 10:16 PM

R301 I was wondering that too! Doesn't look like it's gonna happen, and no planned bombshells get dropped on weekends, so I guess we have to wait till Monday or later.

by Anonymousreply 302July 14, 2017 10:18 PM

How the f*ck the USA elected this pig-family is beyond me. A lot of gerrymandering, cheating and idiots got these frauds elected.

We are in big trouble folks. The USA is no longer the USA, thanks to the Cons, the fake Christians, and the authoritarian worshipping losers.

by Anonymousreply 303July 14, 2017 10:20 PM

If the WP has a bigger bombshell, I think they should wait until this one burns out a little. Don't drop all the bombs at once.

by Anonymousreply 304July 14, 2017 10:26 PM

Last week the big news dropped on Sunday

by Anonymousreply 305July 14, 2017 10:27 PM

R303- Part of the problem is the electoral college. How many votes swung the swing states in Trump's direction? It could turn out that he's only POTUS because of 10 or 20 thousand votes.

by Anonymousreply 306July 14, 2017 10:28 PM

Did shomebody shay bombs?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307July 14, 2017 10:29 PM

Hi, is this where we need to report if we were at the Russian Agent meeting with Donnie, Jr.?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308July 14, 2017 10:29 PM

I'm waiting to hear if Trump was on speaker phone. Or...maybe that IS the Washington Post's bombshell.

by Anonymousreply 309July 14, 2017 10:30 PM

R309 that's what I'm thinking

by Anonymousreply 310July 14, 2017 10:31 PM

8 people must be the limit. How many more people could fit into the room???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311July 14, 2017 10:32 PM

Yeah, I was told to stay away, but was there too anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312July 14, 2017 10:33 PM

Hi sorry we're late, but we had to get in formation. Who do we report to if we were there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 14, 2017 10:35 PM

I was there that day. I was wearing a mask.

Hillary was also there, she was hiding under a table.

by Anonymousreply 314July 14, 2017 10:39 PM

R205, I forgive you. Your mea culpa was sincere. I have mixed up famous people whose names sound familiar too. the rest of these bitches would do well to spend their ltd wit on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 315July 14, 2017 10:40 PM

I promise you, this not actual picture of mittink taken by hidden spy camera. This other mittink.

I know nuttink!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316July 14, 2017 10:41 PM

Ha!!

by Anonymousreply 317July 14, 2017 10:42 PM

The Agalarovs are Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 318July 14, 2017 10:43 PM

R270, mark my words, that trip is a piece of the puzzle which will make sense one day.

She had just had a baby for godssake,

Let's meet back here to gloat when this finally falls into place.

by Anonymousreply 319July 14, 2017 10:45 PM

Either Trump is done or the GOP is done the longer they wait to hang the traitor. Not surprisingly, both outcomes are fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 320July 14, 2017 10:46 PM

R306, I am still looking for a list of people who were voting member in 2017. Every time one would mention they were bucking tradition and voting for Hills they were removed. I want a fucking list of those responsible for this "victory". They were the last defense and they FAILED.

by Anonymousreply 321July 14, 2017 10:47 PM

I am pessimistic about the long range outcome of any fall of the Trump presidency. He may go, but the Republican and Deplorable mindset won't change, and I don't think any shit will still to anyone because everyone who thinks about it is overwhelmed and those deplorables who can't reason about this..... they can't reason about anything.

by Anonymousreply 322July 14, 2017 10:55 PM

* shit will stick....

by Anonymousreply 323July 14, 2017 10:56 PM

The next shoe to drop was that Putin was in the meeting with his pee hookers

by Anonymousreply 324July 14, 2017 11:25 PM

Where's Spicey in all this?

by Anonymousreply 325July 14, 2017 11:29 PM

Practicing his deep threat voice, r325

by Anonymousreply 326July 14, 2017 11:32 PM

Some people's relatives sure are an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 327July 14, 2017 11:41 PM

BREAKING ON MSNBC NOW: There is surveillance video of the meeting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328July 14, 2017 11:55 PM

Great thread. There are a few things I want to add to before I forget. R85 a friend who watches Fux noise at noon stated that they were "ripping the shit out of him (Orange) today. I had to check and see that I was watching Fox. I couldn't believe it! "

R157 the one and ONLY thing that would embarrass this shot gibbon is for the entire world to know how broke he is. He is one broke ass bitch who likes to pretend he's filthy rich. He's not. Pooty owns his ass.

R191 indeed they are. At lest 1 0of the people I follow on twitter as well as myself had the "account locked for suspicious activity " yesterday and last night. someone is listing "resist" posters and then sending the bots to attack. Something is going down, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 329July 14, 2017 11:59 PM

Thank you, r328. And thank you for not starting yet another thread. It's easier to follow everything in one place.

by Anonymousreply 330July 14, 2017 11:59 PM

Rump had to hire a new lawyer; the borscht thickens!

by Anonymousreply 331July 15, 2017 12:13 AM

R282 Please post the link. We need to know this.

by Anonymousreply 332July 15, 2017 12:19 AM

R321 I'm convinced that bribery and coercion were part of the "selection process " for the electoral college. I'm also convinced that some of the electors were not eligible to serve. I wish there was some way to determine this stuff so we can sue to insist the electoral college reconvene and vote for the winner of the popular vote. THe must be some legal way to invalidate that vote, especially if it was done under a false flag.

by Anonymousreply 333July 15, 2017 1:03 AM

B/c the WHouse participated in the leaks, Donald Jr. is just a new shiny object for the media to focus on.

Meanwhile, the Republicans are in the process of eliminating health care for millions of people, including those on Medicaid who were covered before Obama even entered the scene.

The Republicans are pushing in it through w/out a CBO score next week, while we all wonder who else attended Jr.'s meeting.

Sometimes it's hard not get all conspiratorial, but the same thing happened back in April. We were in the middle of some Trump-Russia thing, can't remember, there have been so many, and the House passed a TrumpCare version that was worst than the previous one they withdrew from the floor. Lets face it, Trump-Russia is a used as distraction for unpopular legislative policies/processes.

BTW, I hear Trump is great for fundraising for both sides of the aisle. I lose hope sometimes, I have focused on this because of .... treason, but the cynicism of Congress has been breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 334July 15, 2017 1:07 AM

WSJ reports tonight that the Russian lawyer in the Trump Jr. meeting has now admitted she was working with a high-ranking official in Putin's government.

by Anonymousreply 335July 15, 2017 1:15 AM

r334 is correct. It will take years and is not a sure shot to remove Trump. It will take a one week to gut health insurance for the poor and middle class. A sure bet.

by Anonymousreply 336July 15, 2017 1:19 AM

I'm glad Rachel backtracked on her plan to take Fridays off, even if just for this week.

by Anonymousreply 337July 15, 2017 1:19 AM

R303 this is what happens when you purposely dumb down the electorate and play to the cheapest seats. It's really not a shock and it lays all at the feet of the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 338July 15, 2017 2:14 AM

Some of us can actually handle more than one issue at a time in our brains. We can be aware of what's going on regarding health care and be aware of the Donald Jr meeting.

It's not difficult.

by Anonymousreply 339July 15, 2017 2:20 AM

The GOP is a terrorist organization

by Anonymousreply 340July 15, 2017 2:39 AM

[quote]I leave it to the lawyers to adjudicate the legalities of unconsummated collusion.

A brilliant line, because you know all the pseudo-alphas in the room would panic at the implication of impotence. But they can't boast, as they'd long to, about 'consummation' - because 'nothing happened', then or ever.

At every meeting with any Russian, nothing ever happened. Hours and hours of meetings took place for no other reason than diplomatic cordiality, such is the large amount of free time all these alphas had on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 341July 15, 2017 4:28 AM

r339 is correct. I'm still calling and sending postcards to my idiot rethug senator. I can multitask. it's not too difficult.

by Anonymousreply 342July 15, 2017 4:29 AM

Is Michael Chabon a Datalounger?

Note the picture at R311, then this post on his Instagram:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343July 15, 2017 4:38 AM

Interesting r191. I wondered why someone showed up on the Peter Smith thread saying Lynch was responsible for his death. Seemed like a bizarre non sequitur at the time.

by Anonymousreply 344July 15, 2017 4:53 AM

According to this historian (2nd interview), the GOP Congress is controlled by the Koch brothers and their cronies, who will mount a very well-funded primary challenge if a GOP congressperson even attempts to do the will of the people. The Kochs' agenda, according to this historian. who has done extensive research on the Kochs, will destroy America as we know it.

Trump has been driven into the arms of the GOP Congress by threats of impeachment. But the historian warns that we must pay attention to what Congress is doing (carrying out the Koch agenda), and not let Trump, Kushner, the Russia charges, etc., distract us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345July 15, 2017 5:01 AM

It isn't really a secret (to non-deplorables) that the GOP is largely influenced by the Kochs.

They are blatantly the party of big money interest, how many tax cuts for the rich can we do?!?!

Except they convince most of their voters otherwise because racism is incredibly effective.

by Anonymousreply 346July 15, 2017 5:03 AM

OP, you sound as unhinged as this cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347July 15, 2017 5:07 AM

While racism played a role, there were other factors that led to Trump's "win." If we keep blaming racism, and keep calling everyone who doesn't march in lockstep with the Dems' agenda of illegal immigration, transgenders, and BLM a "racist" or "bigot," and if we don't realize that many American have been brainwashed to be terrified of the false threat of "radical Islam," we will lose this country. The middle needs to be won back, and they are not onboard with the identity politics of the Democrats.

The GOP is amassing a huge 2018 war chest, with money pouring in from foreign interests as well as the Kochs and their cronies. The only thing that will save us is our fellow Americans and so we must educate them. We must speak out and talk to everyone around us. The situation is beyond dire because the Kochs' (and Mercers/Thiels') agenda will destroy America.

by Anonymousreply 348July 15, 2017 6:08 AM

I was there, but only because they served really good appetizers.

by Anonymousreply 349July 15, 2017 6:41 AM

I've been wondering what the Bernie Bros/Far-Left crowd has been saying about all this. They haven't said a damn thing since the news of this meeting came out at the beginning of the week.

They were the ones (like Glenn Greenwald at The Intercept) complaining that Democrats were concocting the Russia "hysteria" to distract from their failure in 2016 and to cover up the bad deeds of the DNC. They really didn't think there was any substance to the Russia story.

Debbie "Sane Progressive" Lusignan hasn't said a damn thing acknowledging that this Russia shit really happened. She, her followers, and others like her don't even think Russia hacked the DNC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350July 15, 2017 8:12 AM

[quote]they are not onboard with the identity politics of the Democrats.

'Identity politics' = civil rights. What they are not onboard with is the concept of everybody who's not a white, straight Christian male having the same rights as them.

The Dems can pander to these bigots, misogynists and assholes all they want, but in the process, they'll lose the base of the party. The only way these fucks can be won over is if we abandon the core principles that make us liberal and progressive. They do not give a shit about our economic message. They want everyone who's not like them crushed.

by Anonymousreply 351July 15, 2017 8:20 AM

Agreed, R351. That's why it's so obnoxious to see the BernieBros still to this day going on and on about how Dems are centrist and not real liberals. I never once -- not ONCE -- saw a BernieBro on any social media platform I use say one thing about gay rights, civil rights, women's rights, etc.

In fact, I saw quite a few of them be racist and sexist (as Bernie himself was a few times during the campaign) and homophobic. I don't recall Bernie ever being homophobic, but his fangurls here on DL sure as hell were, as were dozens I saw on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 352July 15, 2017 11:48 AM

[quote]They haven't said a damn thing since the news of this meeting came out at the beginning of the week.

They're busy vilifying ccntrists, then using rhetoric to label all Democrats centrist, then saying those centrist Dems are to blame for Trump. I even saw Bill Corbett, who I usually love, going on about this, making some joke about how, if a far rightwinger wanted to kill 100 kittens, the "cool centrist" would "only want to kill 50 kittens."

Then if a Democrat dares to say, hey, I'm not centrist and this kitten killing "joke" is bullshit, they cry their crocodile tears about how non-BernieBros are tearing the party apart.

The problem is that straight white guys online tend to clump together like a JV soccer team and back each other up, so this group is just becoming more and more dense and insular, and you can see them jump on people en masse on Twitter and FB. They really don't like women or gays, I've noticed.

by Anonymousreply 353July 15, 2017 11:57 AM

Fox is also pushing the "Hillary is behind Bernie being persecuted" narrative, and you surely remember Trump tweeting about Hillary screwing over Bernie just a few days ago.

The BernieBros are full-on right-wingers, they just won't admit it, not even to themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354July 15, 2017 12:00 PM

Meanwhile, Hugh Hewett spends most of his MSNBC show this morning pushing the notion that Comey needs to be indicted for his memos.

by Anonymousreply 355July 15, 2017 12:28 PM

Fine. We can indict Comey AND Trump. It's always either/or with GOP goons. What simple minds they have.

by Anonymousreply 356July 15, 2017 12:31 PM

[quote]That's why it's so obnoxious to see the BernieBros still to this day going on and on about how Dems are centrist and not real liberals.

And as a Californian, this pisses me off no end, because our Democratic leaders in this state are Obama/Clinton Dems, not Bernie socialists, yet we are the most progressive state in the nation. The BernieBros are every bit as clueless and bigoted as the Trumpkins.

At the link is one of my favorite BernieBro stories...it just says so fucking much. In June 2016, Nebraska's Democratic State Convention took place, and a bunch of white BernieBros basically maneuvered to take over, among other groups, the state's Latino caucus. What they did was so underhanded, so down and dirty, such an astonishing display of white privilege and white arrogance that it boggles the mind. These, my fellow DLers, are the 'real' progressives at work? WOW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357July 15, 2017 12:48 PM

I live in Kansas and our BernieBros did the same thing, only were moderately less racist. But they still talk about how they "took over the party" (their words) and how great that was... but they haven't done jack shit other than brag and trash Democrats. What little we had going for us was undermined and then nearly destroyed by BernieBros. That's why it was so damn impressive that Thompson gave Estes hell in the run-off election here in KS.

It doesn't help that the national Dems won't work with Kansas Dems, even though they should -- we just had a Dem governor a few years ago. We don't have to be ruby red, we can be light red or even purple. But why would national Dems help us when BernieBros "took over the party"?

by Anonymousreply 358July 15, 2017 1:13 PM

[quote] They were the ones (like Glenn Greenwald at The Intercept) complaining that Democrats were concocting the Russia "hysteria"

Greenwald is still pushing that line. Stupid democrats, this is meaningless, it's a waste of time, move on, look at other issues......I don't know why the hags at NPR give him talk time.

by Anonymousreply 359July 15, 2017 1:56 PM

Greenwald remains wilfully ignorant of the possibility of collusion in exchange for lifting sanctions. He argues there's no proof. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Trump's behaviors related to Russia & Putin have clearly demonstrated that he wants to do them favors - and Jr's slip up on mentioning the topic of Russian adoption is definitely an indication that the Magnitsky case was discussed. Yet Greenwald wants to turn a blind eye to all that. He disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 360July 15, 2017 2:12 PM

Lol, we know one of the first thing Trump's White House wanted to do was lift sanctions on Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361July 15, 2017 2:15 PM

[quote]The BernieBros are full-on right-wingers, they just won't admit it, not even to themselves.

This just tell us the BernBros act that way collectively. What took place in Kansas was not an isolated event because other caucuses in other sates have similar stories.

They are pulling the same stunt in California with the Hispanic caucus. They are loud and not afraid to tell you your parents came here by crossing the river. Here in California, the BernBros are mostly white, Thai, and Korean young males. But even the Latinos within the BernBro ranks are vile and throw their own people under the bus.

It truly feels like a whole new right-wing movement.

by Anonymousreply 362July 15, 2017 2:21 PM

You folks are not listening to CNN'S resident pundit, Jeffery Lord? It is all so misunderstood, innocent, and Hillary's fault.

by Anonymousreply 363July 15, 2017 2:24 PM

Off topic but with Barro's recent tweet I have no doubt he is a DLer. We see you bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364July 15, 2017 4:30 PM

Would the berniebros and anti-berniebros trolls please go shit elsewhere?

by Anonymousreply 365July 15, 2017 4:38 PM

I know, how pointless

by Anonymousreply 366July 15, 2017 5:11 PM

[quote] While racism played a role, there were other factors that led to Trump's "win." If we keep blaming racism, and keep calling everyone who doesn't march in lockstep with the Dems' agenda of illegal immigration, transgenders, and BLM a "racist" or "bigot," and if we don't realize that many American have been brainwashed to be terrified of the false threat of "radical Islam," we will lose this country. The middle needs to be won back, and they are not onboard with the identity politics of the Democrats.

Yes, there were other factors, namely, gerrymandering and suppressive voting tactics implemented by GOP controlled governments. Hillary won the popular vote by more than 3 million and Trump won key swing states by such a small margin to secure the electoral vote, it's almost tragic how close we were to avoiding this whole mess. However, you are trying to paint a picture of an overwhelmingly conservative America and a Democratic Party that is out of touch with its constituents, which is false.

Stop trying to excuse away the outright ignorance and stupidity of the people who voted for Trump. Their vision for America is not a healthy or sustainable vision for a first world country. Republicans and the idiots who voted for Trump OWN this Presidency and all the disastrous things that are happening and will happen as a result. Can't blame "out of touch" liberals for this one!

by Anonymousreply 367July 15, 2017 5:46 PM

Wouldn't it be glorious if it is revealed that Rump himself was at the Rump Tower meeting that day with Junior?

by Anonymousreply 368July 15, 2017 6:09 PM

This column about people trying to excuse Nixon for watergate shows how nothing has changed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369July 15, 2017 6:12 PM

Proof Jared and Ivanka were there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370July 15, 2017 6:14 PM

And as Trump knows, he could have been dealing slices of human ham and the deplorables still wouldn't care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371July 15, 2017 6:15 PM

The Trump tactic is rather simple: perpetual smearing to try to hook into people's insecurity or prejudice, and on the other hand, lying through their teeth to escape each new scandalous fact that get exposed about their scam. The whole "MAGA" appeal is essentially attracting the same type of delusional people as those get-rich-with-my-method (or university) scam that fake "successful businessmen" like Trump run to make money. The thing is they are not minting new deplorables fast enough to outshout the blaring news about their scam. Unless they start using the Putin method of outright violence against media/people, there is really nowhere for Team Trump to go but down once the disillusionment sets in.

by Anonymousreply 372July 15, 2017 6:26 PM

[quote]The Trump campaign began paying Don Jr's lawyer about two weeks before the email story broke, per new FEC filing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373July 15, 2017 7:12 PM

[quote]The campaign is also paying the Trump Corp. for legal consulting, a new category of campaign-to-Trump company payments as best I can tell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 15, 2017 7:13 PM

Revolting

by Anonymousreply 375July 15, 2017 7:14 PM

What "base of the party" R351, blacks, Latinos? They don't vote. Especially after Obama pretty much shit all over blacks when he compared their struggle for basic rights to the rights of transgenders to force themselves upon women and children.

And speaking of an issue that drove women away from the Democrats, how is allowing biological men to trample all over the rights of women to safety and privacy a civil right?

How is the Obama administration destroying IX, so that girls lose perhaps their one chance to get a college scholarship, defending civil rights?

Obviously in your mind, women aren't people.

How is flooding the employment market, troubled as it is with the advent of automation, with cheap, unskilled labor a civil right?

By definition, illegal immigrants are people who are in the country because they did not follow the law, so why should the Democrats make them a priority over immigrants who are here legally, much less US citizens of all descents, including Latino, whose ancestors sacrificed much to build this country?

We have to regain the Middle, and the Middle see the Democrats pandering to every fringe identity group for what it is, pandering.

But go ahead, Democrats, and keep prioritizing mentally ill men, illegal immigrants, etc. After Drumpf and the GOP get done with us there will be nothing left to lose.

by Anonymousreply 376July 15, 2017 7:27 PM

I started out feeling annoyed by your post, R376, but I ended up agreeing with it by the end. At least the part about the trans insanity.

The Democratic Party still hasn't figured out what they're going to push as their agenda(s) for 2018 or 2020, but I get the impression they're going to go back to the center and try to regain the blue collar (or no collar) white Americans. Like Hillary did a little bit during her campaign, to no avail.

by Anonymousreply 377July 15, 2017 8:21 PM

[quote]What "base of the party" [R351], blacks, Latinos? They don't vote

Actually black people out voted white people in the 2012 election. In the 2016 election did see a decline from sky high black voter turn out of '08 and '12, but still 59% of black Americans voted compared to 64% of white Americans.

A far cry from this idea that black people don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 378July 15, 2017 8:26 PM

MSNBC alluded to, and rumors abound, that there were more than six people in the room. Ivanka? Bannon? Trump Sr.?

by Anonymousreply 379July 15, 2017 8:39 PM

how trumptards are spinning it.

"Was Don Jr. Set Up by the Democrats? Disturbing new questions have been raised on just how Donald Trump Jr. was lured into meeting with a Kremlin-connected lawyer who supposedly had dirt on Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 380July 15, 2017 8:59 PM

[quote] I wondered why someone showed up on the Peter Smith thread saying Lynch was responsible for his death. Seemed like a bizarre non sequitur at the time.

Not bizarre to deplorables, whose mantra is

1) Blame the black man (Obama, Eric Holder)

2) Blame the woman (Hillary Clinton)

3) Blame the black woman (Susan Rice, Loretta Lynch)

They rarely try to put blame on white males....except George Soros, who has some kind of hypnotic hold on toothless hillbillies and pugnacious people of Walmart

by Anonymousreply 381July 15, 2017 9:00 PM

Just a theory, but maybe it was not about collusion at all. Maybe the Russian lawyer brought with her a group of pee pee girls for the Trump family to enjoy. It was a gift from Putin to America. They are a little embarrassed to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 382July 15, 2017 9:05 PM

Are they screaming the word ENTRAPMENT! yet?

by Anonymousreply 383July 15, 2017 9:11 PM

[quote]Especially after Obama pretty much shit all over blacks when he compared their struggle for basic rights to the rights of transgenders to force themselves upon women and children.

LOL.... I just love how people make up shit to further their agenda. And stupidly, at that, so that you don't really need to respond, other than to point and laugh.

[quote]And speaking of an issue that drove women away from the Democrats, how is allowing biological men to trample all over the rights of women to safety and privacy a civil right?

Case in point....

[quote]Obviously in your mind, women aren't people.

And another case in point....

[quote]How is flooding the employment market, troubled as it is with the advent of automation, with cheap, unskilled labor a civil right?

[quote]By definition, illegal immigrants are people who are in the country because they did not follow the law, so why should the Democrats make them a priority over immigrants who are here legally, much less US citizens of all descents, including Latino, whose ancestors sacrificed much to build this country?

[quote]We have to regain the Middle, and the Middle see the Democrats pandering to every fringe identity group for what it is, pandering.

[quote]But go ahead, Democrats, and keep prioritizing mentally ill men, illegal immigrants, etc. After Drumpf and the GOP get done with us there will be nothing left to lose.

Seriously, the whole post was nothing but fantasy, an exercise in mental masturbation (with the emphasis on "mental") fact-free and devoid of content. There's nothing you can say to train wrecks like this. All you can do is pity them and hope that they somehow manage to acquire a little humanity. And a life.

by Anonymousreply 384July 15, 2017 9:12 PM

This is hard to admit, but if (and only if) working poor and working class whites and minorities Americans feel secure re jobs and healthcare will other minority groups be able to secure their rights.

by Anonymousreply 385July 15, 2017 9:14 PM

[quote]Are they screaming the word ENTRAPMENT! yet?

Some are, although they can't quite make up their minds as to whether it was Clinton or Obama that did the entrapment. What's left unsaid is just why either of those two would have kept the knowledge hidden this long. If Clinton really had set Junior up, why on earth would she have simply sat on that information? And, of course, even if she did set Junior up, it's not like she could have forced him to take the bait. He did that all on his own.

They don't think.

by Anonymousreply 386July 15, 2017 9:15 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387July 15, 2017 9:16 PM

So true r384, I loved the line women abandoning the Democrats, what? On what planet did that happen?

But to the right, facts don't matter.

by Anonymousreply 388July 15, 2017 9:19 PM

[quote]They rarely try to put blame on white males....except George Soros

If you listen to the alt-right folks, Soros is *everywhere*! He's the one responsible for Black Lives Matter. He personally arranged for the riots in Ferguson. He's the one responsible for all groups pushing for transgendered rights. He's the one responsible for all of the Trump protests, personally busing in people from all over the country. He's the one personally responsible for protecting undocumented workers. He's personally responsible for all police protests. Hell, they even think that Paul Ryan was Soros's puppet, back when he was being somewhat standoffish about Trump. Seriously.

I just wish that Soros had as much power as they claim he has. For that matter, so does Soros.

by Anonymousreply 389July 15, 2017 9:19 PM

[quote]Did Jared Kushner throw his brother-in-law Don Jnr under the bus? Or was it, the Russians, the FBI - or even his DAD?

That's what a lot of people are waiting for. A lot of the time, these stories don't really break until someone in the know breaks them (e.g., "Deep Throat"). And a lot of the time, the process is painfully slow, as you slowly work your way up the chain of responsibility, turning someone at a higher level at each step of the way.

At this point. Mueller doesn't even know what he doesn't know yet (e.g., the reporting said that he wasn't aware of Trump, Jr.'s involvement until the story was broken in the media). It's going to take a while to put all of the pieces together on this unless we get extraordinarily lucky. But the simple fact remains: the members of the Trump campaign, over and over again, have engaged in actions that *really* make it seem as though they have something to hide.

by Anonymousreply 390July 15, 2017 9:23 PM

R384 is the Trans Troll. Hint: it always uses LOL and often uses "precious." It can't win points using cogent arguments, so greets logic with wishes that others "get a life" or "find humanity." I'm guessing it and its cohorts are the one F&Fing every thread that questions the Trans mania, because even posts that reference articles from the MSM regarding Trans issues are being F&Fed into being grayed out.

BTW: Soros IS one of the people behind the Trans push, in fact Soros' Open Society was the # 1 funder between 2011 and 2013.

Here is a breakdown of Trans funding done by an LGBT group. Trans Troll, you are not winning minds here. Go over to Celebitchy where you will be greeted with the moist, lib fem, p*ssies you seem to crave.

TRANSFORMATIONAL IMPACT-US FOUNDATION FUNDING FOR TRANS COMMUNITIES

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391July 15, 2017 9:26 PM

Huh? Kushner is guilty here. Why would anything think he leaked this?

He was on the email chain, he attended the meeting.

That isn't throwing Junior under the boss, it is putting himself right in the grease fire. Many people have been calling for his resignation since this came out.

by Anonymousreply 392July 15, 2017 9:26 PM

R391 sounds like a nut. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 393July 15, 2017 9:27 PM

[quote] top 25 u.s. funders of domestic and global Trans Issues, 2011 – 2013

1. Open Society Foundations $3,190,078 42

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394July 15, 2017 9:41 PM

[quote]is the Trans Troll. Hint: it always uses LOL and often uses "precious."

Actually, I don't use the word "precious" anywhere. You really are disconnected from reality, aren't you?

[quote]It can't win points using cogent arguments

Well, let me know as soon as you're willing to supply any. Serious people I take seriously and I use "cogent arguments." Pathetic, not to mention ignorant, trolls, I laugh at and I don't bother with the "cogent arguments" because there is no point. You wrote a fact-free post that had no "cogent arguments," just silly, and rather stupid, assertions, none of which were based in reality. So I laughed at you, just as I'm laughing at this rather pathetic attack.

[quote]so greets logic with wishes that others "get a life" or "find humanity."

LOL.... Let me know when you're going to supply any "logic." I so look forward to it.

[quote]I'm guessing it and its cohorts are the one F&Fing every thread that questions the Trans mania

You would be wrong, of course, just as you've been wrong in everything else you posted.

[quote]because even posts that reference articles from the MSM regarding Trans issues are being F&Fed into being grayed out.

Well, duh. You and those like you have been obsessively spamming DL for the past couple of years, without ever once saying anything new, accurate, "cogent," or original. It's not exactly a surprise that people are rolling their eyes at the thought of another thread (these days on a daily basis) and voting with their F&Fs. I personally don't care, so I don't use F&F much at all.

[quote]BTW: Soros IS one of the people behind the Trans push, in fact Soros' Open Society was the # 1 funder between 2011 and 2013.

LOL... See what I mean? On another thread, I asked the person to support that assertion. I got a graphic that indicated that the foundation had supplied roughly 16% of the funding to various organizations. And when I asked for the evidence that Soros was personally driving any of this, I got crickets.

[quote]Here is a breakdown of Trans funding done by an LGBT group. Trans Troll, you are not winning minds here.

LOL.... And yet I'm not the one whose threads and posts continually get F&Fed, now am I?

by Anonymousreply 395July 15, 2017 9:42 PM

[quote]R391 sounds like a nut. Jeez.

Yup, they all are over in the anti-T threads. Along with most of the people here, I usually steer clear of them, as there's never anything there but the usual circle jerk of how wonderfully brave they are and how terrible everyone else is and how supporting transgendered rights is "homophobic," "misogynistic," "supporting gay genocide," being a "Nazi," and how we're all dreadful "liars," and so on. And how we all just want to "silence" them and "censor" them and "bully" them and how terrible it is that they don't have a "safe space" in which to talk and how terrible it is that all of the gay organizations have been "taken over" by the "transcult."

It's entertaining as hell (in small doses, of course) but all so completely pointless, ignorant, and deranged. I only visit when I feel like playing. Man, those delicate snowflakes are so easily "triggered," it's hilarious. They, themselves, are the very "social justice warriors" that they claim to despise. And they *really* hate getting called on their bullshit, even when all you're doing is challenging them to support their claims, which they cannot ever do.

by Anonymousreply 396July 15, 2017 9:45 PM

Can we have one thread that doesn't devolve into a T, antiT rant?

by Anonymousreply 397July 15, 2017 10:09 PM

[quote]Wouldn't it be glorious if it is revealed that Rump himself was at the Rump Tower meeting that day with Junior?

IIRC, we already know that he was in the building that day.

Perhaps even they weren't dumb enough to put Peepee Boy in the same room with 3-4 Russian spies. Or perhaps he was there.

by Anonymousreply 398July 15, 2017 10:26 PM

What r397 said.

by Anonymousreply 399July 15, 2017 10:28 PM

[quote]But go ahead, Democrats, and keep prioritizing mentally ill men, illegal immigrants, etc.

Holy hell, YOU sound mentally ill. Please go away!

by Anonymousreply 400July 15, 2017 10:42 PM

Contrary to what many people on DL believe, Trans issues do not consume the life of most Americans, let alone determine how they cast their vote. So, whoever said that was a reason Dems are losing is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 401July 15, 2017 10:45 PM

[quote]Can we have one thread that doesn't devolve into a T, antiT rant?

But there are certain posters where EVERYTHING is about trans or muslims. Generally though these political news threads tend to bring out a better discussion and keep certain types away.

by Anonymousreply 402July 15, 2017 10:49 PM

As far as I can determine, I only know two people that are transgender, and I am a senior citizen that worked with thousands of people in the public service domain for decades. Both work, pay their taxes, and don't live flamboyant lives, and are not out committing crimes. One is a published scientist and the other is a business owner. Tying everything to transgenders is hate and trolling. I would believe 100% that the two transgenders I know are totally superior in character, intellect, positive contributions to society, and overall success compared to the constant trolls on DL trying to stir hate about one particular identity group.

Don Jr.'s meeting was not a session about empowering or disenfranchising transgenders.

by Anonymousreply 403July 15, 2017 11:08 PM

You'd think if Hillary were that much of a mastermind she would have won the election!!

by Anonymousreply 404July 16, 2017 12:13 AM

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS THREAD ABOUT TRANNIES!!!! Back on topic, shitheads!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 405July 16, 2017 12:29 AM

For a professed pussy grabber, Trump and his family and cohorts, must be the real "pussies"(pardon the crude slur for analogy per slang about kind of fortitude) to blame a woman not in office for all his failures. Same with the right-wing media and his supporters.

Hillary is not one of Trump's ex-wives.

by Anonymousreply 406July 16, 2017 12:45 AM

R405 are bots featuring the trannie focus feed now? Honest question. Theoretically, it might seem like we've got a trannie themed bot invasion to derail substantive thread discussion. Ignore. Let's see what happens if we do so. Btw, I wholeheartedly share your frustration about the derailing.

by Anonymousreply 407July 16, 2017 12:46 AM

I know, what the fuck? Was the Russian lawyer a fucking trannie? NO! Fucking stop I!!

by Anonymousreply 408July 16, 2017 12:48 AM

To be completely fair, would anybody here be surprised if we found out Rob Goldstone wears frilly pink little girl's dresses?

by Anonymousreply 409July 16, 2017 12:52 AM

I'm concerned about the Mueller investigation. Everyone seems to be making the assumption that all these illegalities are taking place and at some point Mueller will expose all. But that's not necessarily the case. What Trump, his family, and his campaigners have done are absolutely unethical, immoral, unpatriotic, and just plain wrong. What they might not be, (with a couple minor exceptions) are technically illegal. If this is what Mueller finds, he is not allowed to release the information. So we might never know.

by Anonymousreply 410July 16, 2017 1:02 AM

R410 Subpoenas for the tax returns probably have already been issued to the IRS for the tax returns. If evidence of money laundring is found, that could get pursued and some players will squeal. That kind of stuff can be challenging to cover-up because it involves banks, though most are probably foreign. Finding collusion is more difficult unless a paper trail and/are audio is dicovered.

by Anonymousreply 411July 16, 2017 1:42 AM

They're breitbart shitposters. Its what they do. Trans, women, muslims, SJWs, black crime....tbese are topics that have been identified as red hot button pushers. Anywhere they can find a comments section or forum, they post. Please stop answering them, whoever you are who is doing it. Pull on your big boy pants and hit the ignore button. You're as bad as they are, shitting up our threads.

by Anonymousreply 412July 16, 2017 1:55 AM

R410 Please just stop before jumping to that assumption. Because Mueller is mum now do you think that means he and the IC are impotent or uninformed despite how the MSM report it? That is not how IC works. IC is not fucking loyal to or under the thumb of the orange WH bitch or his somewhat publicly visible force of 'authority' we see unless the IC plays it that way. Do not underestimate the IC community.

And most of all please do not underestimate the strength of character, professional determination, and erthics of men such as Mueller or IC women who are trained to make that oath.to country above all. Mueller is a man who will, and is, putting his life on the line to see to it that justice, according to Constitutional law, is upheld. To take on such an explosive laden and uncharted course in constitutional history suggests that Mueller has balls of steel and knows wtf is at risk both professionally and personally. You disrespect him and the IC community if you ignore their documented historic record of service to the death in service to country in favor of caving to your own personal fears.. I totally understand your fear and doubts and unanswered questions. I have a lot of fears too. I am simply lucky that I have a longtime experience of political shit here behind me but it's of limited comfort in this current unprecedented status quo.

R410 Honest question with no snark at all - were you alive during Watergate? Or soon thereafter? If not, it is understandable if you don't understand how this might play out if you were not alive then. There are still very dedicated IC people in place. Please understand, the majority of current IC people were trained before frump took office, by Obama/Clinton/Bush etc administrations, to do what IC does - protect country first. They took an oath to give their lives to do so for country. The outrage over trump's initial tone deaf appearance at the CIA in front of that wall of stars for fallen agents did not go unnoticed.

My deceased cousin was NSA Senior Computer Security Specialist at the NSA. He never revealed anything illuminating about his professional life except to say after his retirement that he never actually retired. He was still 'a Spy.' No one in IC now is, or was, ever ignorant of wtf was going on with the shit that's hitting the fan now.

This is merely the 2017 version of evolved Cold War Spy Vs Spy tactics. There's nothing new; it's now a cyber chess game rather than primarily a land based one though that's on the board. The US and Russia have been playing this evolving game for decades. New tools, same game.

by Anonymousreply 413July 16, 2017 2:04 AM

R410 I truly apologise if I sounded like a bombastic asshole (which I know I did.) I am just so weary of all of this nightmare and I sounded off at yo. At the same time, I know that the IC game is far under the radar of those of us understandably sounding off here with our widely varying theories and opinions. It is deeply unsettling not to have a reliable handle on WTF is actually going on in Tilt-A-Whirl sociopathic DC.

by Anonymousreply 414July 16, 2017 2:34 AM

Excellent post, R413. But I would say that the brazen treachery and corruption of the GOP is something fairly new. Even the most crooked Repugs of the past were at least loyal to the US.

So...check this out. Was Brad Parscale the mystery guest #8 at the meeting? Admittedly, I'm not sure we won't find out there were a couple dozen more attendees by next week - and who knows how many other such meetings took place...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415July 16, 2017 2:35 AM

Yes, thank you R413 for that post.

by Anonymousreply 416July 16, 2017 2:54 AM

R415 Thank You for your supportive comment, and thank you for posing a deeply imminent, and truly crucial, excellent question. You pose the much deeper question we should be pondering. We should be deeply concerned about defeating Citizens United at all cost. Though that's not all at stake.

by Anonymousreply 417July 16, 2017 2:56 AM

Ok, the Tranny talk needs to be purged out of this thread. Don't derail this thread!

[quote]Subpoenas for the tax returns probably have already been issued to the IRS for the tax returns.

I imagine Muller already has them. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they were to leak to the press.

by Anonymousreply 418July 16, 2017 3:22 AM

[quote]I imagine Muller already has them. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they were to leak to the press.

Not likely, at least from his office. Mueller has a reputation for running a tight ship.

Just keep in mind, Mueller's hired about 20 of the top lawyers in the country in the fields of organized crime and international money laundering. Would he do that if he thought nothing was there?

by Anonymousreply 419July 16, 2017 4:15 AM

[quote]If this is what Mueller finds, he is not allowed to release the information. So we might never know.

This is an extraordinary time. Ways and means will be found, for the good of the country.

by Anonymousreply 420July 16, 2017 6:43 AM

The only reason Trump "trusts " Jared is because Jared has probably delivered and is efficient, servile and smart. Trump "trusts" people who do things for him. That's why he was so upset when Flynn left. Trump's operating from what his ego needs. If he has developed dependency on Jared, and Jared has come through for him (delivering the votes to get him elected, for example) then as far as Trump's concerned JAred walks on water. Bet Donnie Jr.s was very competitive with Jared and jealous. Jared will throw Trump under the bus if he's forced to. They're all alike in that way.

by Anonymousreply 421July 16, 2017 11:01 AM

Trump isn't very smart

by Anonymousreply 422July 16, 2017 11:20 AM

I don't think Jared will throw Trump under the bus. First, he's married to Trump's daughter and his children are Trump's grandchildren. He can never thoroughly cut ties from Trump.

Second, Jared's father was "betrayed" by Jared's aunt and uncle. They both testified against Charles Kushner and Jared's family no longer speaks to them. Jared prizes family loyalty and despises family members who aren't loyal. So I don't think Jared would be the one to wield the sword behind Trump and make him walk the plank

by Anonymousreply 423July 16, 2017 5:25 PM

[Quote]The only reason Trump "trusts " Jared is because Jared has probably delivered and is efficient, servile and smart. Trump "trusts" people who do things for him.

No. The reason why trump "trusts" the princeling is because he knows where all the bodies are buried. The same way any common criminal co-conspirators "trust" each other: mutual self-interest

by Anonymousreply 424July 16, 2017 5:31 PM

[quote]Jared prizes family loyalty and despises family members who aren't loyal.

His father hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, arranged to record an encounter between the two, and had the tape sent to his sister. Is that how the Kushners define family loyalty?

by Anonymousreply 425July 16, 2017 5:32 PM

R422 That's why the deplorables love him and will follow him over the cliff. He is mentally at their level.

by Anonymousreply 426July 16, 2017 5:36 PM

R425, he married a prostitute

by Anonymousreply 427July 16, 2017 5:38 PM

R410 here. Thank you R413 for that great and informative response. I’m not sure it answers all my questions, but your optimism gives me hope. I’ll try to respond to your questions….It’s not that I have misgivings about Mueller or don’t trust him, so far I do. (I also trusted Comey, and still do for the most part). It’s just that as I understand it from all the news reports I've watched, Mueller can only report on illegal findings. And already so much has been revealed that appears to me to be absolute proof of collusion in it’s purest form, yet now we’re being told that we still can’t bring charges as “technically” no laws were broken. Even attorneys like Jeffrey Toobin who’s opinion I trust, claims nothing can be done about what has been proven so far, and he seems as outraged as anybody. I believe Mueller is ethical, therefore if law forbids him from revealing, he won’t. Again, at least that is how I understand it. (Even Rachel Maddow was confused and brought a lawyer on to question a couple weeks back)….

I was in kindergarten at the start of Watergate. But I’ve recently watched a few of the documentaries and read articles to refresh myself on what went on. In fact, I posted quite an illuminating article by Frank Rich for the New Yorker a couple weeks back where he made comparisons between Watergate and Russiagate, (he seemed a bit optimistic). But this Russia thing is on a far grander scale and involves so much more corruption that I’m certain has yet to be revealed. And the country seems far more torn and divisive now than it was then. Maybe I was too young to remember accurately, but people seemed to have a greater sense of right and wrong back then, every day I continue to be shocked by comments from so-called patriotic americans who are either incredibly naïve, or extremely corrupt. Way beyond anything from the early 70s. Our personal safety as a nation is at risk every single day Fake President Trump and his staff are allowed to occupy the WH. No matter how hard Mueller and his staff are working, it is still a pace so slow that every day gives Trump more time to cover up, destroy evidence, pay people off, etc. And as for the crime(s) already committed, it’s not past tense. It’s continuing every single day. I keep hearing that even if Jr. is found guilty, he has nothing to worry about because his dad has the power to pardon him at anytime. That is so fucked up!!

Anyway, sorry to digress. I just hope you’re right.

by Anonymousreply 428July 16, 2017 6:30 PM

I totally agree with r376.

R395, ignore us at your own peril. History will prove T is homophobic, misogynistic, and destructive ideology.

by Anonymousreply 429July 16, 2017 6:50 PM

Of course you do, R429. And yes, I will continue to ignore you; it's the only appropriate thing to do with someone who writes, "History will prove T is homophobic, misogynistic, and destructive ideology." [sic]

by Anonymousreply 430July 16, 2017 6:52 PM

R429 I would say he's an all around misanthropist. He hates everyone except maybe Ivanka on a good day. The deplorables earned their moniker for putting someone like that in power.

by Anonymousreply 431July 16, 2017 6:55 PM

R430, your response indicates that you are exactly not ignoring me.

Alienate women & gays all you want. Don't expect us to vote for anyone pro T

R431, I would say that you're a bully. I'm a feminist, not a deplorable.

Perhaps in your world the two are synonymous? Wouldn't shock me since you believe men deserve women's rights lol

by Anonymousreply 432July 16, 2017 6:56 PM

[quote]your response indicates that you are exactly not ignoring me.

Well, duh, in that I'm responding to what you're saying by pointing out that you're an idiot. I am, however, ignoring any and all advice that you share, given that it comes from an ignorant and bigoted perspective.

[quote]Alienate women & gays all you want.

I'm not. I have no qualms at all, on the other hand, about alienating you.

[quote]Don't expect us to vote for anyone pro T

I don't expect you, personally, to. But that's because you're an ignorant bigot.

[quote]R431, I would say that you're a bully.

And this would be just as wrong and just as stupid as your other claims.

your response indicates that you are exactly not ignoring me.

Alienate women & gays all you want. Don't expect us to vote for anyone pro T

[quote]R431, I would say that you're a bully.

And this would be just as wrong, and just as stupid, as your other claims.

[quote]Wouldn't shock me since you believe men deserve women's rights lol

Speaking of stupid....

by Anonymousreply 433July 16, 2017 7:11 PM

Sorry, copy and paste got a bit munged in that prior post. I think the gist comes through.

by Anonymousreply 434July 16, 2017 7:12 PM

Trump, while in office, can issue pardons to his family members, staff, and former staff. That's why Trump will not resign until he pardons whom he wants. On the other hand, if Trump is impeached before legal charges are brought, his successor, Pence (if not charged and convicted himself), or Ryan or whomever, could issue pardons, like Gerald Ford did for Nixon before charges were made.

If Trump survives any personal charges, I expect he will pardon them all except for some lower operative, used as a scapegoat, that he may later claim was actually an agent for Hillary which his base is gullible enough to believe.

by Anonymousreply 435July 16, 2017 7:18 PM

Unless Caitlyn Jenner is shown to be colluding with Russia, and was one of the attendees at Don Junior's meeting, please dont tolerate the trans nonsense here.

Injecting and weaving trans hysteria into threads is an alt-right technique to deflect and derail discussion about the Russian-Trump saga.

by Anonymousreply 436July 16, 2017 7:36 PM

It was John Galt at the meeting............and it's misanthrope.....

by Anonymousreply 437July 16, 2017 8:29 PM

[Quote] . Is that how the Kushners define family loyalty?

Here is how they define family loyalty

[Quote] In October, the Observer, Kushner’s news organization, asked prominent figures in the real-estate industry, including Kushner himself, “Hillary or Donald?” Kushner replied: “Family first.” To some, the endorsement sounded obligatory. They misunderstood Kushner. In fact, “family first” is his paramount value, a personal principle instilled in him through bitter history. He currently works on the 15th floor of 666 Fifth Avenue, where his corner office is steps from those of his parents, Charlie and Seryl, along with his sister Nicole. (Jared’s brother, Josh, has his own venture-capital firm, while another sister, Dara, lives quietly in Livingston.) When Jared was 24, Charlie was sent to prison for a sordid crime with political overtones, a searing episode that sealed their bond in life and business.

[Quote] Jared saw his father as a victim of injustice. “It’s an outrage that Charlie’s brother and sister cooperated with the government against him; that’s the lowest thing a Jew can do in my book,” says Ken Kurson, the current editor of the Observer, who is a longtime friend of the family. “Whatever ill-advised decisions Charlie may have made, it was a family spat and it was not a criminal affair.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438July 16, 2017 10:12 PM

Rump is a notorious micro manager. There is no way he was not aware of Junior's meeting to grub up dirt on Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 439July 16, 2017 10:13 PM

R439 I can almost see Trump doing his best Mr. Burns... "Excellent" when Smithers... I mean Jared reported back.

by Anonymousreply 440July 16, 2017 10:22 PM

R438 Kurson left the Observer. Hmmm... Wonder why...

by Anonymousreply 441July 16, 2017 10:24 PM

The Secret Service just refuted Donnie Jr.'s lawyer's lie that the meeting was vetted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442July 16, 2017 10:27 PM

R442 The incessant lying just won't stop, which tells you they are hiding their guilty asses.

by Anonymousreply 443July 16, 2017 10:34 PM

And even if the Secret Service was involved at that time, all they're really supposed to do, if I understand things correctly, is make sure that the person they are protecting is safe from physical harm.

by Anonymousreply 444July 16, 2017 10:41 PM

Somewhat related, Buzzfeed did a pretty good job of putting together the various conspiracy theories pushed by those on the right and alt-right about these meetings. It's fascinating to watch these guys create elaborate theories based on nothing at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445July 16, 2017 10:42 PM

Congress has politicians, but where are the statesmen/stateswomen among them? A statesman will do what's right for the common good though it may not be popular with constituents, financial contributors, and party doctrine.

by Anonymousreply 446July 16, 2017 10:44 PM

Statesmen don't get reelected in these polarizing times, R446.

by Anonymousreply 447July 16, 2017 10:50 PM

Deplorable baby boomers, Gen Xers, and many millennials: Do you not understand what was fought for during WW II and then, the Cold War?

We're turning in our graves.

by Anonymousreply 448July 16, 2017 10:55 PM

God. Reading all those wacko conspiracy theories at R445, all of which are either demonstrably false or have no evidence supporting them, are so pathetic. And the goddamn Deplorables eat that shit right up and regurgitate it on Facebook. No matter what the topic is, they'll respond by bringing up one of those theories like they're facts.

Why don't people realize how stupid they are? I understand Dunning-Kruger, but ...come on, even I know that I don't know that much, and I should probably listen to what the experts are saying. People who really know whereof they speak. The idiotic Americans just have no fucking clue how dumb they are.

by Anonymousreply 449July 16, 2017 11:51 PM

Trumpism is a cult. There is nothing defensible about him or his administration.

by Anonymousreply 450July 16, 2017 11:57 PM

R435 Yes Trump has the ability to pardon his family but NOT for crimes in individual states. NY AG has been investigating this crew for a variety of reasons. It's a pretty sure bet that if Mueller has attorneys waith vast experience in money laundering cases on his team, ground zero for the same is being investigated by NY AG Schneiderman

by Anonymousreply 451July 17, 2017 12:03 AM

This was from a deplorable on another DL thread, R449:

[quote]Are you talking about the Trump, Jr thing? You need to stop listening to Rachel Maddow and actually look into what the real deal is. Hillary Clinton's fingerprints are all over that thing. It's already been demonstrated that one of the "Russians" in that meeting met with President Obama. The Russian lawyer was in the country illegally due to the Obama administration. If this is all the Democrats have to hang their impeachment on, it's going to backfire bigly.

As far as I know, he was serious. Yes, people as stupid as this really do exist.

by Anonymousreply 452July 17, 2017 12:09 AM

R428 Thank you for your very clear and thoughtful reply to my post. I just hope that my optimism and your doubts find some resolution through action. And I hope that it comes before all of us give up hope that this corruption will die thanks to its own power hungry crapulence, and thanks to the efforts of the men and women in a position to blast those fuckers out of the White House.

by Anonymousreply 453July 17, 2017 12:10 AM

So Don Jr's lawyer confidently risked a lie about the Secret Service: a lie instantly called out by this further branch of the IC, which is already at odds - to put it mildly - with their POTUS.

There's a weird brew of arrogance, stupidity and desperation at work here. Perhaps even panic. Maybe the main takeaway from this most recent breath-taker is - why risk such a big lie about a meeting which was a 'nonevent'?

by Anonymousreply 454July 17, 2017 4:48 AM

R454 It's only the real panic if the stock market tanks... that's my indicator.

by Anonymousreply 455July 17, 2017 5:42 AM

I agree R455. And to a lesser degree, once the heath care plan tanks. Or worse. If it passes and affects the Trumpsters. Maybe they'll riot like the angry villagers in Frankenstein.

by Anonymousreply 456July 17, 2017 5:56 AM

We've been destabilizing countries around the world for decades. It's no surprise Russia would foist Trump on us and the hard right Republican Party would go along with it. Both want to weaken the US.

by Anonymousreply 457July 17, 2017 12:09 PM

Don't forget the IC and USSS used to be lily white. They're not anymore and black IC and USSS agents will not stand for Trump's racism. I could see them going to the head of the USSS and saying, "You'd better tell the truth about that meeting right now or we will."

by Anonymousreply 458July 17, 2017 12:22 PM

R457: Whataboutism re. the U.S. is a common Russiand (and previously, Soviet) technique.

by Anonymousreply 459July 17, 2017 12:44 PM

R454 because they are all sociopaths. Their first instinct is to lie. What's more, they are *stupid* (there's no rule that says sociopaths have to be smart) so it's going to be a stupid lie. Deny, deflect, and all the rest of the tricks, whatever works *at that moment* not what will work in the long run. They keep hiring lawyers who are famous for putting out fires and then ignoring their advice.

by Anonymousreply 460July 17, 2017 1:12 PM

Yeah it was crazy they tried to blame the Secret Service, the people whose job is it to protect you and fucking die for you if need be. How low.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461July 17, 2017 1:22 PM

So let's see if or how Trump Sr attempts to tweet away his personal lawyer's ignorant and misleading statement on this growing controversy.

Either a silence or a typically wild deflection would be of keen interest. Because of course there's essentially no defence.

by Anonymousreply 462July 17, 2017 1:46 PM

These Rump fans are like religious zealots. One fan, when asked what it would take to pull her support said, "murder. maybe then". They are transferring their weirdo religious beliefs onto him. It is so nuts.

by Anonymousreply 463July 17, 2017 1:47 PM

r454....Its not juniors lawyer....Jay Sekulow is Trump, Sr personal lawyer.....although not less alarming.

by Anonymousreply 464July 17, 2017 2:26 PM

R463 it is truly is jaw dropping. I've seen some FB defenders saying God brought us Trump. It's like a mass brainwashing of a bunch of fools. And deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 465July 17, 2017 4:21 PM

Recently someone gave me a nicely printed card inviting the public to a seminar regarding "The Flat Earth Reality vs. The Spinning Globe Theory". It was from a church, and the moderator was the pastor. Just an illustration of the leve of gullibility/stupidity out there....

by Anonymousreply 466July 17, 2017 4:33 PM

R465 How many times a day did you jack off and finger your asshole while kneeled in front of your Obama shrine over the past 8 years?

by Anonymousreply 467July 17, 2017 4:35 PM

Is that the best you can do R467?

by Anonymousreply 468July 17, 2017 4:45 PM

R467 is this a competition? You win. I am sure you have done it way more times when picturing rump.

by Anonymousreply 469July 17, 2017 4:49 PM

LOL, R468 and R469.

by Anonymousreply 470July 17, 2017 4:53 PM

[quote]is this a competition? You win. I am sure you have done it way more times when picturing rump.

Based on R467's other posts, he genuinely is a "deplorable." Some pretty vile shit and definitely not worth our time.

by Anonymousreply 471July 17, 2017 6:11 PM

Chris Christie is now attacking Trump on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472July 17, 2017 7:23 PM

Chris Christie attacking Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 473July 17, 2017 7:26 PM

Thank you for gracing us with your thoughts, FAT BOY.

by Anonymousreply 474July 17, 2017 7:33 PM

Did trump run off with all the fried chicken? Is that why christie is mad?

by Anonymousreply 475July 17, 2017 11:07 PM

He's mad because Trump made him get the meatloaf.

by Anonymousreply 476July 17, 2017 11:22 PM

"WHY THE FUCK IS THIS THREAD ABOUT TRANNIES!!!!"

The Trump propagandists are flooding the media with stories of bizarro sexual minorities to create a sense of "abandonment of morality". A godless country of freaks.

It scares the Flyover Deplorables and makes them vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 477July 17, 2017 11:38 PM

"One fan, when asked what it would take to pull her support said, "murder. maybe then".

Anything "gay". They would never forgive him for that.

by Anonymousreply 478July 17, 2017 11:43 PM

That will teach Trump to get TWO scoops of ice cream in front of christie.

by Anonymousreply 479July 17, 2017 11:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480July 18, 2017 12:17 AM

Germaphobes are poorly educated.

by Anonymousreply 481July 18, 2017 12:20 AM

The strategy now is to blame it all on Hilkary. Sean Hannity was last night railing against the "collusion" the Dems had with Ukraine and the selling of uranium to Russia.

I don't watch Fox, but tuned in for 30 seconds to see their angle, and that was the topic, predictably. It is a desperate attempt at projection and deflection, but Fox's devotees buy the propaganda.

The irony is that Don Jr. was not all truthful with Hannity when they were on air together. Instead of later being pissed he was given lies, Hannity was mounting a vigorous defense of Junior and the meeting with Russians.

by Anonymousreply 482July 18, 2017 9:10 AM

[quote]Am I a f****** baby, Paul?

First hint of any self-awareness from Trump I've ever read anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 483July 18, 2017 11:40 AM

THis is so stupid. Do they realize that we don't need to sell plutonium to the Ukraine? They have excellent sources without us.

by Anonymousreply 484July 18, 2017 11:41 AM

Can Valerie Bertinelli do a Russian accent? I see the Lifetime movie.....

by Anonymousreply 485July 18, 2017 12:28 PM

She can, and she will

by Anonymousreply 486July 18, 2017 12:34 PM

The plutonium deal has been debunked over and over but the deplorables are fixated on Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 487July 18, 2017 12:38 PM

^^^^ sorry, uranium.

by Anonymousreply 488July 18, 2017 12:39 PM

Maybe it was Kryptonite

by Anonymousreply 489July 18, 2017 12:51 PM

Stupid crooks

by Anonymousreply 490July 24, 2017 1:24 PM

Just so you old poopy, doody, crap heads know, I wrote a letter to Congress today. Yes. I did. I wrote a letter to those stupid committees with all those small, stupid small dicks sitting there with empty wallets and bank accounts that are smoke and mirrors and I told them once and for all. I've had no other contacts with fucking Russians except for those four times, including the three I forgot to mention at first. I told them a lot of important stuff that will prove my innocence. For fuck's sake! I didn't even know what that fucking meeting was about until that dumbass brother-in-law dragged me into it. One thing you can always count on with him, is if there's a way to fuck things up he will. See what I mean? So just be apprised, bitches! I wrote a very exculpatory letter, and it went straight to members of Congress so all those piece of shit news media types and my dumbassed BIL can kiss my sweet precious ass. Oh, and yes, you'll have to get in line for that, too peasants!

by Anonymousreply 491July 24, 2017 3:01 PM

Jared, you're a fucking jackass

by Anonymousreply 492July 24, 2017 11:46 PM

You're not the first person to say that, R492. But have you ever been described as "the most powerful man in Washington , D.C.??? " Hmmm?? Have you, Poopypants? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 493July 25, 2017 1:09 PM

Hope the Russian mob puts a knife in his back

by Anonymousreply 494July 25, 2017 1:32 PM

LOL! Without realizing it, or maybe he does, Jared is throwing his BIL under the bus. He's forcing Big Guy to chose between his own son and namesake, or his SIL and daughter. I say Big Don pretends to be the peacemaker, but puts distance between his son and the Washington mix. Little Don is unsuited for Washington and Big Don prefers his "Rocket Scientist" SIL. Big Don always shows impeccable judgement doesn't he..... I have a lot of experience in predicting what Big Don will do. I need to zip it though since he's paying my Law School tuition.... and the vacation in italy...

by Anonymousreply 495July 25, 2017 2:11 PM

Ivanka should be shot

by Anonymousreply 496July 25, 2017 5:51 PM

I'd rather see Ivanka beheaded and then the head brought over to Trump. He's forced to hold it and face fuck it publicly.

by Anonymousreply 497July 25, 2017 6:11 PM

Me too

by Anonymousreply 498July 25, 2017 6:16 PM

Tick tock

by Anonymousreply 499January 11, 2018 4:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!