Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So I just started dating a guy with Aspergers...

He's very high functioning but there was something during our first date where I was like "He seems a little off..." He's very good looking, has a full-time job but works remotely. Our first date went so well. We talked for a few days prior to actually meeting up. It's honestly the best first date I've ever had. Truly. However, even though he didn't seem to act that odd around others in public, just his little 'tics' and actions seemed different. It wasn't a deterrent, though and I actually found it really cute. Again, the date was fucking fantastic overall, so much fun. We go back to his house and I meet a few of his housemates, they make daiquiris for everyone and the night ended up a blast. But even still, around his housemates something was socially different about him. The sex was great, very passionate. The next morning we hang out in his room and I basically asked what's something people don't know about him. He said, "Well, I have Aspergers." and it all connected for me.

ANYWAY, I'm obviously still going to continue dating him because it turns out I guess autism really isn't a thing to care about when looking for a partner. I have no experience dating an aspie, so I'm starting to do my research on it and am learning more and more. It's honestly fascinating how he is with me, with others, his nuances.

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2018 1:49 AM

Run Run

by Anonymousreply 1July 3, 2017 7:01 AM

Asperger's is not a real diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 2July 3, 2017 12:40 PM

[quote]The sex was great, very passionate.

Then he doesn't have Asperger's.

by Anonymousreply 3July 3, 2017 12:44 PM

Passionate sex with aspergers? Sex on first date with aspergers? Grown up asperger who voluntarily lives with other people and they with him?

by Anonymousreply 4July 3, 2017 12:49 PM

OP is an aspie trying to seem normal.

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2017 1:05 AM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2017 1:10 AM

Agree with R3. I'm an Aspie. Best sex is jerking off. Even kissing someone is a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2017 1:12 AM

Christ on a cracker....it's THE ASPIRERS TROLL :(

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2017 1:14 AM

Well I don't know who the hell the 'Aspirers Troll', but sadly, I'm sure it IS the Aspergers Troll. And it had been such nice summer without his ravings....

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2017 1:15 AM

UNDERPANTS! UNDERPANTS! UNDERPANTS!

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2017 1:43 AM

Daiquiris? MARY!

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2017 1:46 AM

Yes, R3 and R4. Despite the stereotype, many of us Aspies that lie somewhere closer to the threshold of normal (I really hate the term 'neurotypical') live healthy, independent lives and can even be great fucks (shock horror!). We can be perfectly charming, witty, and engaging conversationalists, if a little "off", as the OP observes. Like a musician with a great ear and strong manual dexterity but a poor sense of timing. That's because it's all been learnt through observation and mimicry rather than being something that's innate to him. He's an actor inhabiting a role he's created for himself, essentially, and as we all know you can only sustain a performance for so long. In other words don't be alarmed if you notice more of these subtle ticks and tells emerge as you see him on the next few dates. We tend to be best with first impressions, it's the follow through we struggle with.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2017 1:49 AM

GET. OUT. NOW!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2017 2:13 AM

Another thread by the poor soul obsessed with Asperger's Syndrome. So tedious. And such obvious bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2017 2:16 AM

Read the partners of aspie support forums then run for the hills

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2017 2:17 AM

[quote]partners of aspie support forums

Yes, because they're representative of ALL partners of men with Asperger's syndrome.

*eye roll*

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2017 2:21 AM

Well OP, that was six months ago. How did it turn out?

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 10:48 PM

OP's actually that Bernstein kid

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 10:51 PM

A bunch of selfish, desperate wannabe fraus have limited relevance to what gay men actually want in a man.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 10:53 PM

Wrong thread, R19.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 11:05 PM

Yeah, I have aspergers and I’m thinking your new boyfriend doesn’t. Passionate sex? Soft touch feels a bit like like getting zapped. The softer the touch, the worse it feels. And he lives with other people? And you all socialized together?

Does not compute. Sorry.

On the upside, thanks for writing something nice about people with Aspergers. That was a nice idea, at least.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 11:11 PM

Aspie secks is best. They usually have big dicks too.

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2018 12:20 AM

[quote]Yeah, I have aspergers and I’m thinking your new boyfriend doesn’t. Passionate sex? Soft touch feels a bit like like getting zapped. The softer the touch, the worse it feels. And he lives with other people?

You're mistaking the same error I see lot us make, and that's extrapolating their own unique gulash of traits onto others on the spetrum, and expecting them to square up perfectly. So if OP's date doesn't tick all of the boxes? Nope, clearly not an Aspie!

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2018 12:30 AM

*making the same error

*see a lot of us

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2018 12:31 AM

No, they are trying to manipulate with lies and cons.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2018 12:35 AM

"You're mistaking the same error I see lot us make, and that's extrapolating their own unique gulash of traits onto others on the spetrum, and expecting them to square up perfectly. So if OP's date doesn't tick all of the boxes? Nope, clearly not an Aspie!

And if he has good grammar, spelling,clearly not an autistic who is ashamed to admit it by using a different name.

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2018 12:38 AM

I dated an Aspie. Too introverted. Sex was mechanical though he did anything sexually I wanted. It was just so mechanical.

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2018 12:44 AM

People with Asperger's have average and above IQs and no language delay--many are even hyperlexic, showing an early precocious reading ability. Consequently grammar and spelling are intact although handwriting is often an issue. My own could be best described as "erratic."

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2018 12:50 AM

I'll just leave this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2018 2:09 AM

Run for the hills!!!

by Anonymousreply 30January 20, 2018 12:54 AM

Damn, I want a big dicked Aspie of my own!

by Anonymousreply 31January 20, 2018 1:45 AM

My dick's average, but I have a thick, muscular butt. (I have a small home gym as I hate working out in public).

by Anonymousreply 32January 20, 2018 2:04 AM

oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 33February 14, 2018 12:03 AM

Dear Lord in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 34February 14, 2018 12:26 AM

So an “aspie” is an asexual loner then?

by Anonymousreply 35February 14, 2018 1:33 AM

Don't ever let him hear you use the word "aspie" or your bromance will end in tears and/or a brutal beating.

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2018 1:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!