Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Laverne Cox: "June should be Trans month"

On the View:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 3:03 PM

She didn't say that.

Someone said Trump hasn't said anything about June being Pride month, Laverne responded by saying "trans folks and LGBTQ folks" are still facing a lot of discrimination, our lives should be acknowledged and if you're going to do it, June would be the month to do so.

My first experience with this show & I'm a little annoyed that OP's false headline is what made it happen.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2017 6:27 PM

[quote]saying "trans folks and LGBTQ folks"

That is redundant. She's putting "trans" before gays.

I mean, he. I'm not a biology denier.

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2017 6:36 PM

Laverne looks like a man with a weave...oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2017 6:36 PM

Ain't cute

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2017 6:42 PM

[quote]our lives should be acknowledged

Lordy lordy Roderick, don't you have some little girl rapist to promote and defend?

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2017 6:44 PM

I'd love to know what Joy Behar really thinks about Laverne.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2017 6:45 PM

Laverne blathers on about being "anxious" about using the ladies room but doesn't mind that his presence in there makes women anxious.

Laverne is just a man exerting male privilege. He's telling women it's a man's world and they're just living in it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2017 7:17 PM

Gay men should not have to tolerate any of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2017 7:22 PM

R7, attorney Maya Dillard-Smith quit working for the ACLU upon realizing she didn't want six foot tall men in womanface to share the bathroom with her daughters.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2017 7:27 PM

I don't blame her one bit for that, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2017 7:30 PM

Here's Maya Dillard-Smith on The View gingerly attempting to explain how she was pushed out of the Georgia ACLU for asking questions about the "Bathroom Bill."

As usual, Whoopi is acting like a grumpy water buffalo (and I would also call Whoopi a grumpy water buffalo if she were white, I would just add grumpy albino water buffalo) and some other panelist, a belligerent chick who looks like a mashup of every Rebel Without a Cause from the last four decades, is getting bosky with Maya because MEN ARE WOMEN, DAMMIT.

The comment section mentions a group called Just Want Privacy, which apparently is fighting back to keep women's space private and safe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2017 8:49 PM

R11, Whoopi was very biased. At the time, she was producing a trans reality show. Don't know if it is still on the air.

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2017 8:58 PM

R11, Just Want Privacy is still fighting to restore the privacy rights of people who are not transgender.

Their last initiative failed but they are trying again to get another one on the ballot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2017 9:01 PM

I wish Laverne Cox (such a drag name!) would take her shenis somewhere where we can't hear her.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2017 3:35 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2017 6:09 PM

Gay people are forever connected to this. Few of us asked for it, and most don't understand why it's such a big deal. Regardless, our civil rights fight now encompasses the whole trans platform. Expect even more erasure over the years, then to be followed by the grown trans kids with buyers remorse.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2017 10:26 PM

Surprised he isn't demanding a full year.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 2:59 PM

What she said was fine. People need to stop getting offended over everything.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 3:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!