Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Team Trump Is Terrified: Robert Mueller Is Assembling The Country's Best Prosecutors For A Reason

On the other side of Pennsylvania Avenue, special counsel Robert Mueller has been quietly and methodically building the equivalent of a small US attorney's office -- a team of formidable legal minds who've worked on everything from Watergate to Enron, unlikely to leave any stone unturned.

Right out of the gate, Mueller brought on three partners from his former law firm, WilmerHale, with significant litigating experience in high stakes cases: Aaron Zebley, who previously served as Mueller's chief of staff at the FBI; Jeannie Rhee, a former federal prosecutor and top official at the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel; and James Quarles, who worked on the Watergate investigation as a young prosecutor.

Rhee's past work on behalf of the Clinton Foundation is unlikely to go ignored by Trump supporters -- though others at WilmerHale, such as Jamie Gorelick, currently represent Trump's immediate family members.

Mueller has also reportedly recruited skillful prosecutors from within the highest levels at DOJ -- including Andrew Weissmann, chief of the Criminal Division's fraud section, who served as former director of the Enron Task Force and general counsel under Mueller at the FBI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545September 25, 2019 4:52 AM

But perhaps the most significant hire to date was reported by the National Law Journal on Friday: deputy solicitor general Michael Dreeben, a prolific Supreme Court advocate who oversees the Justice Department's criminal appellate docket.

Preet Bharara -- former US attorney of the Southern District of New York, who has had his own tussle with Trump and had a ringside seat to Comey's testimony Thursday -- tweeted that Dreeben is one of the "top legal and appellate minds at DOJ in modern times."

"It appears that Bob Mueller is recruiting the smartest and most seasoned professionals who have a long track record of independence and excellence," added Bharara.

And former acting US solicitor general Neal Katyal, who is a partner at Hogan Lovells and one of the lead attorneys for Hawaii in the travel ban lawsuit against Trump, agrees that the choice of Dreeben is telling.

"You don't bring Michael Dreeben onto something ordinary," said Katyal. "He's the top criminal law practitioner in the United States."

by Anonymousreply 1June 12, 2017 1:33 AM

Rumor is Trump might try to fire Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 2June 12, 2017 1:34 AM

How do we know the WH is scared?

by Anonymousreply 3June 12, 2017 1:37 AM

I almost want to see Trump try it, r2. That would lead to his inevitable impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 4June 12, 2017 1:37 AM

Trump will do as Putin demands.

by Anonymousreply 5June 12, 2017 1:42 AM

R3, the first clue is in the stories of the rage Trump has towards Sessions. He blames Sessions for recusing himself which led to Rosenstein independently hiring the Special Counsel. Trump's rage stems for his fear of Mueller. Mueller is much worse for him than Comey was.

Then there's also this. Newt Gingrich is already describing Mueller's hires as "dangerous".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 12, 2017 1:43 AM

Rumor where? "Louise Mensch feels it in her gut" rumor or "whispers around DC" rumor? Or ??

by Anonymousreply 7June 12, 2017 1:44 AM

I have heard it said that the President can't be indicted of a crime except by the House of Representatives through impeachment. I think Mueller is going after Trump but he can't do much except present evidence he finds, if the House won't impeach him, we are fucked. Well we are fucked either way with a Pence President.

by Anonymousreply 8June 12, 2017 1:44 AM

R7, the rumor R2 refers to could be coming from this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 12, 2017 1:47 AM

Relating to Trump WH, did anyone start a thread about this?:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 12, 2017 1:48 AM

Thanks r9

by Anonymousreply 11June 12, 2017 1:49 AM

R8, one silver lining of hope is this. Apparently, there are a lot of state crimes Trump is being investigated for. Criminal activity long before Russiagate. He can't pardon himself for that or anyone else.

NY attorneys might just arrest and indict Ivanka, Jared, the creepy boys. If the House won't impeach, the justice system could suffocate his family and finances until he has no choice but to resign.

God, I love our constitution. Balance of powers everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2017 1:49 AM

Thanks R9. I should have included the link.

by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2017 1:51 AM

I hope Mueller does whatever is possible to get Trump. I want this poor excuse for a president to fail. He's an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 14June 12, 2017 1:51 AM

I love Eric Schneiderman and I hope he takes down the Trump circus - at least in NY.

by Anonymousreply 15June 12, 2017 1:51 AM

Did anyone else see Maddow's show on Friday? I thought I heard her say that many, if not all, of the independent Trump investigations were being folded into Mueller's probe.

I thought she included the financial stuff out of NY state in that. Did anyone else catch that?

by Anonymousreply 16June 12, 2017 1:54 AM

Good point. Prosecute Trump stateside along with Jared and his kids. Jail either way. Eric's charity is now under investigation by NY AG. If Trump's kids go to jail first, he'll fucking lose it because he can't pardon them.

by Anonymousreply 17June 12, 2017 1:54 AM

Trump's legal team is in a YUGE panic because they've never handled anything like the situation Trump is in, let alone how to go forward if any charges are brought against him. Supposedly, a couple of attorneys are willing to leave to leave the firm entirely rather than be drawn into a mess.

by Anonymousreply 18June 12, 2017 1:56 AM

Bored now .

by Anonymousreply 19June 12, 2017 1:59 AM

Not that it matters, but just out of curiosity: how much are the Special Counsel & the lawyers he hires paid? Not their usual hourly rates, I assume?

by Anonymousreply 20June 12, 2017 2:00 AM

I think there is Federal financial stuff in NY state that goes to Meuller.

There is state NY state financial stuff that's staying in NY state. It's strictly local jurisdiction.

A sitting president cannot be prosecuted for a criminal offense (most legal scholars believe) but once he is impeached, he can be prosecuted for whatever crimes he has committed while in office. That's why Nixon desperately needed a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 21June 12, 2017 2:02 AM

I thought Trump could not fire Mueller? If he does and the House still refuses to impeach him, we need to storm Capitol Hill with pitchforks.

by Anonymousreply 22June 12, 2017 2:03 AM

And how much is all this costing us, the taxpayers. Hiring all these big time legal minds, Trump Tower protection, Trump golfing trips, his Palm Beach estate. Yet he resents that we may get health insurance.

Trump is really a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 23June 12, 2017 2:03 AM

When I hear about taxes, I'm always reminded of this gem from La Grande Orange:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 12, 2017 2:05 AM

I fucking hate delusional progressivists.

by Anonymousreply 25June 12, 2017 2:06 AM

Rich people don't go to jail in America.

by Anonymousreply 26June 12, 2017 2:08 AM

Meanwhile, as Herr Twitler complained about Obama's taxes, Twitler himself paid NO taxes at all.

by Anonymousreply 27June 12, 2017 2:08 AM

Evidence R27?

by Anonymousreply 28June 12, 2017 2:09 AM

R25 should be worrying more about his career swirling in the toilet and less about progressives.

by Anonymousreply 29June 12, 2017 2:09 AM

His own mouth, R28. Where the fuck were you during the debate when he even admitted it.

"That makes me smart"

by Anonymousreply 30June 12, 2017 2:10 AM

Can you volunteer for the special prosecutors office?

by Anonymousreply 31June 12, 2017 2:11 AM

R22, that's the beautiful trap Trump has laid for himself. Only Deputy AG, Rod Rosenstein can fire Mueller. His boss, Sessions, has recused himself. For .Trump to fire Mueller, he has to get Rosenstein to do it. Or Trump has to fire Rosenstein and hire someone new as Deputy AG. Any of those acts would now be seen as extraordinary acts of obstruction. I believe Dems and many Republicans would be forced to take action. The press would scream bloody murder. And there would be marches in every city.

by Anonymousreply 32June 12, 2017 2:13 AM

[quote]Can you volunteer for the special prosecutors office?

Seriously. I'd gladly bring them coffee and empty the trash. Anything to help.

by Anonymousreply 33June 12, 2017 2:14 AM

The President can only pardon people convicted of federal crimes R17. That would make sense that Mueller would get the federal crimes R21. You would think Mueller would want all the help he can get and than just reimburse NY. This is probably going to take years to figure out. Donald Jr seems like the one that would be first indicted since that case with his charity seems easier than the rest.

by Anonymousreply 34June 12, 2017 2:14 AM

R30 can you please send me a youtube link/audio file containing the voice clip in question? Oh, and I don't want just that specific voice segment, but rather the WHOLE THING.

by Anonymousreply 35June 12, 2017 2:14 AM

Another goose chase based in rumor, speculation, anonymous leaks, blah blah blah. Show proof & evidence, not hysterics.

Based on his testimony last week, Comey, Clinton, Lynch & Obama looked worse than Trump did.

Comey even admitted to leaking classified material. Thats the act of a criminal & a traitor.

Lets not even go down the rabbit hole of subterfuge among Lynch, Clinton & Obama (& probably Holder).

Even Feinstein is advocating a Congressional investigation into that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 12, 2017 2:15 AM

Who are we going to believe, R30, our lying eyes and ears or R28?

Twitler, the newly christened Toddler-in-Chief, simply didn't know anything about taxes or money or business or anything so... um.... that's why he doesn't pay taxes. It's not a scam or that he's a cheat or anything, heavens no.

by Anonymousreply 37June 12, 2017 2:15 AM

R34, I think that charity probe is Eric "Dems aren't even people" Trump's charity case.

by Anonymousreply 38June 12, 2017 2:16 AM

That's what got Nixon R32, Saturday Night Massacre.

by Anonymousreply 39June 12, 2017 2:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 12, 2017 2:17 AM

Melania and Barron moved into the White House today.

by Anonymousreply 41June 12, 2017 2:17 AM

R37 EVIDENCE (that Trump doesn't know shit about taxes)??? Evidence is everything, without it, claims are no better than a literal pile of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 42June 12, 2017 2:17 AM

If Trump fires Atty General Jeff Sessions and appoints a new Atty General that Atty General would not be recused from the Russian investigation and presumably able to fire Mueller, that might be why Sessions job is in jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 43June 12, 2017 2:18 AM

Now go ahead and put his words through your deplorable bullshit filter where you pretend "that's not what he meant," R28

by Anonymousreply 44June 12, 2017 2:18 AM

[quote] Comey even admitted to leaking classified material. Thats the act of a criminal & a traitor.

Classified material? Link please. So far we have only seen that it was his own notes, nothing classified and not a leak at all. Anyone can tell anyone they want and any newspaper they choose, about conversations they had with the president. He didn't invoke privilege, it's not classified, there is no crime here, let alone anything traitorous you total fucking moron.

Turn of Fux Noise and go back to school or crack a book now and then, honey. You are shamefully ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 45June 12, 2017 2:18 AM

R36 Comey did not leak classified info. We're fairly educated here. You should try another preferably deplorable thread.

by Anonymousreply 46June 12, 2017 2:21 AM

[quote]Comey even admitted to leaking classified material. Thats the act of a criminal & a traitor.

No, leaking classified material is when you're standing with a rotund foreign Amb., and a foreign minister from that same country and tell them both info about ISIS that you're weren't supposed to because you're then compromising the safety of someone in the IC.

by Anonymousreply 47June 12, 2017 2:22 AM

you weren't*

by Anonymousreply 48June 12, 2017 2:23 AM

Oh, R36, we already have proof Trump obstructed justice. We don't even need any Comey testimony to prove it. The Trump White House along with Trump's own words prove it! Let's review.

1) After celebrating Comey publicly, Trump decides to fire Comey. There's a memo from Rod Rosenstein laying out his reasoning for firing Comey but it's dated the day of the firing.

2) The White House press people AND the Vice President ALL claim that Trump fired Comey based on the recommendation of the Department of Justice and Rosenstein. They swear the firing has NOTHING to do with the Russia investigation.

3) Reports start coming forth saying Rosenstein insists he wasn't the impetus of the Comey firing. TRUMP GOES ON NATIONAL TV TO SAY HE FIRED COMEY WITH THE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION IN MIND. This means the White House press people and the Vice President were ill informed or lying.

4) Trump invites Russian diplomats to the Oval Office. HE TELLS THEM HE WAS UNDER GREAT PRESSURE BECAUSE OF THE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION BUT THAT'S GONE NOW THAT HE FIRED COMEY.

That's obstruction of justice. No Comey memos or testimony needed.

by Anonymousreply 49June 12, 2017 2:27 AM

The Mueller firing issue is why Kamala Harris was pressing Rosenstein to assure Mueller cannot be fired. Kamala wanted her futile questions on the record. Smart woman.

by Anonymousreply 50June 12, 2017 2:28 AM

Kamala's on the move, R50. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 51June 12, 2017 2:31 AM

Yep, r50, and since Sessions stupidly participated in Rosenstein writing the memo condemning Comey, we can be sure Sessions will be under intense fire when he testifies this week in the Senate.

Dems are wisely prepping the country and the Senate to go apeshit if anyone breathes the wrong way in Mueller's direction.

There are specific laws which state the only reasons why Special Counsels can be fired. The reasons for firing are very narrow and specific.

by Anonymousreply 52June 12, 2017 2:34 AM

[quote] If Trump fires Atty General Jeff Sessions and appoints a new Atty General that Atty General would not be recused from the Russian investigation and presumably able to fire Mueller, that might be why Sessions job is in jeopardy.

I can see Trump doing this. Paul Ryan cannot use that pathetic excuse that Trump's too new, too inexperienced. If so, then Trump is incompetent and unfit for office.

by Anonymousreply 53June 12, 2017 2:36 AM

Keep in mind, r53, a new Attorney General has to be approved by the Senate. Those hearings would be an epic battle reviewing all of Trump's prior misdeeds. To get through the Senate, the new AG would have to swear to leave Rosenstein and Mueller alone.

Trump is trapped.

by Anonymousreply 54June 12, 2017 2:38 AM

[quote]Based on his testimony last week, Comey, Clinton, Lynch & Obama looked worse than Trump did.

Only if you're a moron who didn't actually listen to what he said.

[quote]Comey even admitted to leaking classified material. Thats the act of a criminal & a traitor.

Q.E.D., since Comey "admitted" to no such thing.

by Anonymousreply 55June 12, 2017 2:40 AM

R42, please re-read my post @ R37. Unless you're a mindless fucking deplorable you'll see that it's an anti-Twitler joke. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 56June 12, 2017 2:41 AM

This is gettin' goooooood.

by Anonymousreply 57June 12, 2017 2:45 AM

Looks like Mueller and Comey are playing Chess while Trump thinks he is playing checkers.

by Anonymousreply 58June 12, 2017 2:47 AM

Nothing will happen. If Mueller tries to look into Trump's business dealings, the whole thing will backfire. Most non-partisans are especially ready for this to be over.

by Anonymousreply 59June 12, 2017 2:49 AM

There are no "non-partisans" anymore, R59, at least not enough of them so that they'd matter.

The only people who "want this to be over" work in the White House or they're deplorables who live with their faces super-glued to Twitler's ass.

by Anonymousreply 60June 12, 2017 2:52 AM

Trumps lawyers statement. He seems to have a different opinion on Comeys testimony than the legal scholars here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 12, 2017 2:54 AM

@60 No, there are still quite a few people out there who don't care about this.

by Anonymousreply 62June 12, 2017 2:54 AM

19 Million people tuned in to see Comey's testimony live. That was a Thursday morning. Those are giant ratings! In the range of the Presidential debates. It's HUGE. It's no going anywhere, any time soon.

Maddow's ratings are further proof that people want to know all about this.

by Anonymousreply 63June 12, 2017 2:56 AM

The Russians manipulated and hacked our election. They're targeting local and state voter rolls, vote tally transmissions can't be far behind if they haven't hacked those already. We want answers. The country wants answers. We demand a complete - exhaustive - investigation into this.

Over? You pussies want this to be over? A few weeks of inquiry is too fucking much for you?

How many years did we have investigations into Bill Clinton?

How many years did we have investigations into Hillary Clinton?

Team Meuller. Take all the time and money you need.

by Anonymousreply 64June 12, 2017 2:57 AM

@kylegriffin1 9m9 minutes ago The D.C. and Maryland Attorneys General are suing Trump. They're making their announcement of a "major lawsuit" Monday at noon.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I think this is what Claude Taylor was hinting at a couple weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 65June 12, 2017 3:03 AM

R61, that was very nice of the LA Times to transcribe and correct Marc Kasowitz's statement. But take a look at the actual thing and tell me if you trust the judgment of a man who didn't bother to proofread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 12, 2017 3:06 AM

WaPo has the story too...it's to do with the emoluments clause.

[quote]D.C., Md. attorneys general to sue Trump, saying foreign payments to his businesses violate Constitution’s anti-corruption clause By Washington Post Staff June 11 at 11:01 PM The lawsuit by the two Democratic attorneys general, the first of its kind brought by a government entity, could open a new front for Trump as he navigates dueling investigations by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and congressional committees into possible collusion between his associates and the Russian government during the 2016 presidential election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 12, 2017 3:06 AM

[quote]Nothing will happen. If Mueller tries to look into Trump's business dealings, the whole thing will backfire. Most non-partisans are especially ready for this to be over.

It's possible that nothing will happen, certainly, but Trump and his retinue are definitely not acting like men who have nothing to hide. To the contrary, the real story now is the attempted coverup and obstruction of justice. As for backfiring ... yeah, right. Trump's numbers are in the toilet and the majority of voters want this investigated. Your claim about "most non-partisans" is complete bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 68June 12, 2017 3:10 AM

[quote]Trumps lawyers statement. He seems to have a different opinion on Comeys testimony than the legal scholars here.

LOL... No shit, Sherlock. Did you have a point to make? Duh ... Trump's attorney is lying. Gee, what a fucking surprise.

by Anonymousreply 69June 12, 2017 3:11 AM

Is Trump's attorney the same one who said that a husband cannot rape his wife?

by Anonymousreply 70June 12, 2017 3:13 AM

Kasowitz's "analysis" deeply flawed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 12, 2017 3:15 AM

R70, that was Michael Cohen, not Kasowitz.

by Anonymousreply 72June 12, 2017 3:16 AM

Kasowitz has one thing and one thing only going for him: loyalty to Trump. Other than that, he's way out of his depth in this case.

[quote]It was Kasowitz who filed a lawsuit against Timothy O'Brien, arguing that the author of "TrumpNation: The Art of Being the Donald" had libeled Trump by understating the businessman's wealth. Trump sought $5 billion in damages. Kasowitz's team taped an O'Brien book talk, asking whether he wrote it "because you don't like him." Trump lost the case in 2011. O'Brien told The Post last year that Trump used Kasowitz because he "always favored scrappy lawyers and street fighters."

[quote]It was also Kasowitz who conveyed Trump's threat during the presidential campaign to sue the New York Times for a story that said two women accused Trump of touching them inappropriately. Kasowitz said at the time it was "nothing more than a politically motivated effort to defeat Mr. Trump's candidacy." No suit has been filed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 12, 2017 3:19 AM

Ah yes, that's right, R72. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 74June 12, 2017 3:20 AM

More on Kasowitz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 12, 2017 3:22 AM

R5 True dat

by Anonymousreply 76June 12, 2017 3:22 AM

Lawrence Tribe said a while back that the disregard for the emolument clause alone should've been grounds for impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 77June 12, 2017 3:33 AM

I realize now that in a way, Putin still got what he wanted with the French election.

Yes, Russia would be more directly helped if Le Pen had won, but think of what Macron has done. He so far has tried to step up his leadership on the world stage, taking the reigns from America in regards to climate change. I mean that as a compliment. Merkel is too. As France and Germany are rising to prominence to pick up the slack, America is diminishing.

Which it is our standing and our power in the world that Putin most wants weakened. Trump was still his biggest investment and it is paying off.

by Anonymousreply 78June 12, 2017 3:42 AM

Indictment of a sitting President is not an impossibility. Its just never been done.

by Anonymousreply 79June 12, 2017 3:45 AM

Mueller and Comey are playing chess. Trump isn't even playing checkers, maybe Candyland, although I think that might be too difficult for him. He'd probably try to eat the gameboard.

by Anonymousreply 80June 12, 2017 3:50 AM

John McCain got his Aricept adjusted and admitted to The Guardian that America's global standing was better with Obama in charge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 12, 2017 3:53 AM

If Trump fired Mueller, all bets are off. It would cause the biggest uproar yet. I doubt even the administration is that ballsy and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 82June 12, 2017 3:58 AM

There is no specific constitutional immunity for criminal charges against a sitting President.

by Anonymousreply 83June 12, 2017 3:59 AM

[quote] Mueller and Comey are playing chess.

"The most aggressive opening in chess is called the King's Gambit. On the second move, White sacrifices a pawn that typically protects his king for a blitzkrieg assault on Black. It's audacious. With no preparation, no careful groundwork, White signals his intent to wipe his opponent off the board. In the early 20th century, the King's Gambit led to many brilliant victories. But through careful preparation, grand masters discovered that they could place White on the defensive by capitalizing on weaknesses created by the aggressive opening.

[Dolt45] is playing the political version of the King's Gambit....[b]ut his approach leaves vulnerabilities that undermine his attacks."

Garnering less attention is the fact that many executive orders the Nitwit gives runs counter to established precedent, or contrary to the Constitution, and refusals to comply with law are met with legal action from state attorney generals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 12, 2017 4:01 AM

Also, see Clinton v Jones decision. The Supreme Court has laid precedence that there is NO immunity.

by Anonymousreply 85June 12, 2017 4:03 AM

I have no doubt that Trump would fire Meuller if the heat got too close to him. Trump would let the chips fall where they may before he would be humiliated with the public acknowledgement of wrongdoing or obstructing justice.

by Anonymousreply 86June 12, 2017 4:09 AM

If he fired Mueller...or had to fire Rosenstein, and whoever else right on down the line for refusing to fire Mueller, all hell will break loose.

by Anonymousreply 87June 12, 2017 4:13 AM

It could be argued that firing Mueller is itself obstruction of justice. He would sooner than later lose the House.

by Anonymousreply 88June 12, 2017 4:16 AM

[quote] Team Trump Is Terrified: Robert Mueller Is Assembling The Country's Best Prosecutors For A Reason

trump should be and Mueller is.

Anyone who doesn't realize how big and far reaching this clusterfuck of a situation is should do some research. If you're relying solely on MSM, then stop complaining. They only provide drips of news and recycle it as breaking for days at a time. Dont read just twitter.

This is not just about trying to impeach trump. It's about also taking out a number of people surrounding him. There's a lot of tech geek stuff involving servers. MSM reporting on all of that would probably just lose people because it requires thinking and isn't terribly exciting. AG Schneiderman is busy on the state level so once the federal shit storm plays out, the state level charges will begin. In the last several days there's been more noise about trump casinos and russian money laundering.

Unless I missed it other threads, I haven't seen too much discussed on here about FISA or RICO. If you don't know what they are or too about them, it might worth reading what they mean as to what's going on.

Arguing about Session's ears and McConnell's mole like appearance and then complaining what an asshole trump is sort of demonstrate how much research people do. No offense to those actually reading beyond headlines and looking up less familiar terms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 12, 2017 4:25 AM

All this fuckery that he did, and even when it all comes out, Hillary will never be President. I've moved on and let go, but it still hurts. The fact the Republican Party did this shit and will still get a Republican no matter who replaces Trump.

by Anonymousreply 90June 12, 2017 4:32 AM

r89 Perhaps you would kindly point out some blogs and online resources we could read for indepth analysis and greater awareness. I can read beyond the 90+ Flesch Reading Ease score newspapers use, but I never studied US civics (foreign-born and foreign-educated).

by Anonymousreply 91June 12, 2017 4:32 AM

Mueller can be trusted not to fabricate evidence, so when the crack team finds nothing prosecutable this all will be an expensive exercise in futility.

by Anonymousreply 92June 12, 2017 4:33 AM

Bwahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 93June 12, 2017 4:34 AM

Forgive my ignorance: If Mueller is independent and is investigating Trump and his team, how in the hell can Trump even be given the option of firing him? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of an independent investigation?

by Anonymousreply 94June 12, 2017 4:35 AM

R94 Special Prosecutor is an arm of the Dept. of Justice, the final overlord being...Trump

by Anonymousreply 95June 12, 2017 4:36 AM

If the emoluments suit goes forward, Trump will be forced to turn over his tax returns. He can try to block them coming out through the Supreme Court, but what possible excuse could he have in that scenario?

by Anonymousreply 96June 12, 2017 4:37 AM

These are some scary, crazy fucking times, let me tell you.

by Anonymousreply 97June 12, 2017 4:38 AM

I think Trump's fatal flaw--his hubris--is that he believed being CEO of the USA was the same as being CEO of Trump, Inc.. But it don't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 98June 12, 2017 4:45 AM

You'd think someone would at least have shown him a few episodes of "Schoolhouse Rock" before swearing him into office. He couldn't possibly pass a high school level civics course.

by Anonymousreply 99June 12, 2017 4:51 AM

Relatedly, I hope Sessions chooses to do a public hearing on Tues. I don't have high hopes but its sure to dominate the week's newscycle. He's already been caught in several lies.

by Anonymousreply 100June 12, 2017 4:55 AM

I think that whether through Russiagate or the stain of Trump in general, they are all going down. Sessions, Trump, Tillerson, Jared, etc.

As others have said there is only one person who strangely enough I think will come out of this looking good and this experience will be better for her career. Nikki Haley. She's hitting all the right notes at the UN right now. She's kind of in her own orbit over there away from the Trump cloud.

by Anonymousreply 101June 12, 2017 5:00 AM

1) a whole lot of people are out to bring Trump down (comforting); 2) Trump is a sociopath, and will fight to the death to save himself. He's been litigating his whole life, and all energies will be directed to defending him (with Pence, I guess, doing the day-to-day hack work of running the White House).

by Anonymousreply 102June 12, 2017 5:03 AM

At some point the threat of removal for Non Compis Mentis could surely be used as a lever for Trump's quick removal from office, making prosecution of obstruction of justice charges seem like an easier out for the President, because all roads seem to be leading to the former, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 103June 12, 2017 5:07 AM

Stop the insanity!

by Anonymousreply 104June 12, 2017 5:24 AM

What is so troubling to me in all these stories, both here and in national publications, are the MANY times I see journalists and others write "attorney generals" (sic), rather than the correct "attorneys general"! They're attorneys, NOT GENERALS you dimwits!

It was the same day of school we learned the plural of "passer by" was "passers by", remember??

by Anonymousreply 105June 12, 2017 5:28 AM

R105 focused on what's REALLY important

by Anonymousreply 106June 12, 2017 5:37 AM

LMAO, r106!

by Anonymousreply 107June 12, 2017 5:39 AM

Trump's "crack team" is hiding scared in his corpulent add.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 12, 2017 5:41 AM

Yikes! Should be "corpulent butt."

I think my keyboard is haunted.

by Anonymousreply 109June 12, 2017 5:42 AM

I believe they will get rid of Pence first because the truth is, Russia did mess with the vote count and Trump nor Pence is legit. Ryan is already in trouble. Let the leaks begin because the whole country needs to know the truth about these wicked posers.

by Anonymousreply 110June 12, 2017 5:43 AM

I agree, 110. None of them are legit, not even the Cabinet nor the new Supreme Court justice. Throw them all out, call for an emergency election and give the candidates three months to campaign.

by Anonymousreply 111June 12, 2017 5:45 AM

R36, Come's leaking his personal non-classified notes is not a crime.

by Anonymousreply 112June 12, 2017 5:50 AM

R92 is a complete fool.

by Anonymousreply 113June 12, 2017 5:52 AM

R109 No. It's truth telling. ADD was right on.

by Anonymousreply 114June 12, 2017 5:54 AM

R59 doesn't understand the fact that this is Russia behind all, not Liechtenstein or Andorra. Russia, a nation that just might still want to win the Cold War.

by Anonymousreply 115June 12, 2017 6:05 AM

[quote] Paul Ryan cannot use that pathetic excuse that Trump's too new, too inexperienced. If so, then Trump is incompetent and unfit for office.

Actually Paul Ryan can use that excuse. Or he can use 100 other pathetic excuses. The republicans will do or say anything to get or keep trump out of trouble. They don't care. Their supporters will support them and trump NO MATTER WHAT. Look at those 4 piece of shit military people or what ever the fuck they were that got up before Congress and said they didn't want to testify about trump. And that was the end of that. Republicans and people who have colluded with trump will all be doing the same thing. They'll say that they think it's privileged. And Congress won't do a fucking thing. I don't expect anything to happen to trump. These hearings will go on, but nothing will happen to him

by Anonymousreply 116June 12, 2017 6:29 AM

Is a Civil War be imminent?

by Anonymousreply 117June 12, 2017 6:33 AM

[quote]As others have said there is only one person who strangely enough I think will come out of this looking good and this experience will be better for her career. Nikki Haley. She's hitting all the right notes at the UN right now. She's kind of in her own orbit over there away from the Trump cloud.

R101, although I hated all of his appointments, Nikki was the only one that didn't seem to be as stupid as the rest of them. I always knew when she got appointed she'd do something of a decent job.

[quote]All this fuckery that he did, and even when it all comes out, Hillary will never be President. I've moved on and let go, but it still hurts. The fact the Republican Party did this shit and will still get a Republican no matter who replaces Trump.

True, but what we need to do now is save ourselves from Trump 'n co. It's likely that whomever replaces him will not be as bad at this disaster as long as all the big guys go down. If this thing goes down correctly (I have no clue at this point) everyone with Russian ties should be bounced out of there.

[quote]Is a Civil War be imminent?

I see the Civil War troll has taken a new form. Of course not. Half the country didn't even vote. This generation doesn't even have the gumption to have such a fight. It's just going to be sit and deal until the next election.

[quote]I think that whether through Russiagate or the stain of Trump in general, they are all going down. Sessions, Trump, Tillerson, Jared, etc.

My hope is that no matter what happens this damages the Republican party so that they don't win another election for a very long time. I think the real problem is that when the country is happy, like we were with Obama, we get lazy. When we get lazy we do stupid things like, oh, not bother to vote in midterm elections. Then we end up with this happening: branches of government where the cooler heads don't have any power at all.

by Anonymousreply 118June 12, 2017 7:18 AM

[quote] Mueller and Comey are playing chess. Trump isn't even playing checkers, maybe Candyland,

You defame and slander us, Sir!

by Anonymousreply 119June 12, 2017 8:20 AM

[quote] Look at those 4 piece of shit military people or what ever the fuck they were that got up before Congress and said they didn't want to testify about trump. And that was the end of that.

That is far from over if I have anything to say about it and I do.

by Anonymousreply 120June 12, 2017 8:24 AM

But why does there seem to,be no urgency to get Trump out of office? Every day that he stays in office causes more damage. I'm frustrated with all the "this is going to take a long time" nonsense. Give it some priority, collect the ample evidence that obvious from reading the headlines, and ACT! Get him out ASAP!

by Anonymousreply 121June 12, 2017 8:26 AM

No, R121, that isn't how these things are done. Sorry. I sympathize with your frustration but this is going to take as long as it takes. The proper procedures must be followed. There's no point in driving yourself and everyone else up a wall about it.

by Anonymousreply 122June 12, 2017 8:31 AM

Team Trump isn't terrified. They know they can shuffle their feet and confuse the issues and stonewall throughout at least one Trump term and maybe even a second. After all, he still has that 30% of Americans out there who support him and whole bunch more who aren't particularly politically active. What the fuck takes so long? Why have hearings once a month or so? What not weekly? Even daily if necessary? Hire enough people to get the job done and get it done!

by Anonymousreply 123June 12, 2017 8:36 AM

They are not lasting out this term, so you can stop counting on that. You seem to have no idea about this mans criminal history.

by Anonymousreply 124June 12, 2017 8:51 AM

True R123, they do need to hire more people, but things still take as long as they take.

Potential witnesses don't "crack" until they've had a certain amount of time to think about the consequences of doing (or not doing) so.

With so many branches to this mess, investigators have to follow many fruitful (and many ultimately not fruitful) leads.

Corroborating evidence has to be developed to counter those who'd dispense with merely damning evidence by claiming Trump's too stupid to know that what he was doing was wrong, etc.

It'll happen. It just won't be soon.

by Anonymousreply 125June 12, 2017 8:54 AM

Trump will not be enjoying a second term. He's barely 6 months into his first and the shit is all over the fan. Just because the GOP are pretending it smells nice doesn't mean the rest of us have lost our senses. Even his hard core base is eroding. The best method of containing Trump is already happening - eat up all of his time with investigations and lawsuits. Someone up thread referred to Trump as a lifelong litigator. He doesn't litigate anything - he's used to out spending his opponents, working the technicalities and procedures to wear them down, etc. He can't do that with Mueller. Plus, he can't get any decent representation - nobody wants to back this loser and the legal thugs he employs are way out of their depth in this arena. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump voluntarily resigns before year's end, whining that Washington won't let him do his job or some such nonsense. But the investigations, criminal charges and legal suits will not end. He's finished and he'll take the entire GOP down with him.

by Anonymousreply 126June 12, 2017 9:28 AM

[quote]Looks like Mueller and Comey are playing Chess while Trump is eating Checkers.

Fixed, r58

by Anonymousreply 127June 12, 2017 9:53 AM

Trump won't consider resigning at first. To some degree the Presidency protects him and insulates him from legal jeopardy. He is in trouble, but there is a process and it takes time. Then there are the cretins who orbit around him. They are convinced they'll get Presidential pardons from Trump ...or Pence. Guys like Flynn, etc. Trump's lawyers know enough law to stall. That was always his style. He stalls. Nixon did that too. object to everything. Make the investigators go to court for everything. Fight them on routine matters. Be a pain in their asses and wear them down.

Where things are messed up right now is in the way it seems like Congress is being ignored. Now their level of corruption is every bit a nasty as Trumps' and they also deserve Mueller's scrutiny because they are part of this web of corruption. Nunes is crude and stupid, but he illustrates a point. Here he is acting like he works for the WH, lying obstructing, etc. and we discover he has Russian "business ties." Well shit. If someone that dumb hass connection and is so obviously compromised and still has the power to sign off on subpoenas, that is some bad shit. But Nunes is the tip and there are others and for sure Ryan is part of it.

by Anonymousreply 128June 12, 2017 10:04 AM

All I an say is I hope Mueller's team works fast.

by Anonymousreply 129June 12, 2017 10:06 AM

Not too fast, R129. We need the stench to linger through the mid term election cycle.

by Anonymousreply 130June 12, 2017 10:09 AM

To you this is moving at a glacial pace, to anyone who lived through Watergate this thing is moving like a runaway train.

This is incredibly fast for Washington. The dickhead's only been in office for 142 days and we've already appointed a Special Prosecutor. I don't even know how many lawsuits there are against him. I mean real ones by bigly lawyers, not frivolous crackpot suits. I think Larry Tribe filed suit against him before the end of January.

I've run across you being hyped up like this before. It's probably not good for your blood pressure.

by Anonymousreply 131June 12, 2017 11:26 AM

Isn't ironic, don't you think?

He promised to hire the best people.

No one will work for him but the swamp dregs.

The best people are lining up to stop his fool ass.

by Anonymousreply 132June 12, 2017 11:58 AM

This scandal gives every appearance of being magnitudes deeper and broader than Watergate. There's Trump's historical financial arrangements, there's Russian electoral interference, the ensuing overlap, and all the cohorts and enablers not wishing to miss out on unprecedented corruption.

I'd much rather the best investigators available make steady forensic progress to follow this scandal to its absolute depths. The very fact that it's underway actively undermines Trump's authority. He had next to none anyway , but this serious counter-narrative renders him yet more negligible. The necessarily steady rather than fast investigation will eat away at him, and impair further what little judgement he has.

This gradual closing in on Trump might in fact be seen as exquisitely cruel, though vanishingly few will consider it undeserved.

by Anonymousreply 133June 12, 2017 12:26 PM

There's going to be such a great (Oscar-winning?) movie made about this ten or twenty years from now. Let's cast today's child actors for Mueller and his team right now!

by Anonymousreply 134June 12, 2017 2:21 PM

Unlike with most scandal-ridden administrations, Trump staffers are probably not resigning in the hope he will cite executive privilege and stop them from testifying, or if that fails, pardon them. They know once they're gone he won't give a damn what happens to them. Out of sight, out of mind.

by Anonymousreply 135June 12, 2017 2:44 PM

How Newt has changed his tune...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 12, 2017 2:52 PM

r134 One of the most impressive things about ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN is that they were planning and making that film as the Watergate scandal was unfolding. I think Robert Redford was following the news and even began talking to Woodward and Bernstein as they were still investigating and before their book was written. I wonder how long we'll have to wait before a film is made of this scandal.

by Anonymousreply 137June 12, 2017 3:00 PM

R136, how anyone couldn't see that the Macy's day balloon changed his tune after his freak wife got the post to the Vatican, is beyond me.

God, Republicans are fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 138June 12, 2017 3:03 PM

Who do you think warrants removal more--Nixon or Trump? I say Trump. Nixon at least accomplished much for the environment and reset US foreign policy. Trum, not so much.

Someone upthread asked why Trump has the power to fire an independent counsel: The power to prosecute belongs exclusively in the Executive Branch of which POTUS is the head. You can't set up a separate mini-Branch with Mueller as the head. If you work under the President (other than the VP who is also elected) you can be removed by the President even if you have been appointed to possibly prosecute him.It would violate Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 139June 12, 2017 3:04 PM

[quote]Let's cast today's child actors for Mueller and his team right now!

Ironically, considering how tall he is now, Barron would very likely be a shoe-in to play Comey.

by Anonymousreply 140June 12, 2017 3:04 PM

You do know that Republicans will do all they can to obstruct or derail the investigation, If Trump goes down they do too.

by Anonymousreply 141June 12, 2017 3:12 PM

Maybe so, R141, but there's only so much they can do.

by Anonymousreply 142June 12, 2017 3:34 PM

Good news - Sessions' testimony tomorrow will be public. I'll bet he will try to stonewall like crazy...but at least we should get to see the Keebler Elf squirm a bit.

by Anonymousreply 143June 12, 2017 3:36 PM

Who decides public v private?

by Anonymousreply 144June 12, 2017 3:39 PM

I think its agreed between the testifier and the committee. I don't expect much from Sessions tomorrow...unless...unless he sees his job and political legacy flushed down the drain and wants to throw people under the bus. The man has already been caught in multiple lies.

by Anonymousreply 145June 12, 2017 3:44 PM

This is ALL up to the Dems and the 2018 election. They CAN take back the House if the Dem's notoriously unreliable base actually shows up to the polls. Only then will impeachment be seriously considered. At the very least, the GOP's agenda can we thwarted.

by Anonymousreply 146June 12, 2017 3:45 PM

Well, they're trying to make it seem like it was his decision, but I assume he was pressured into it.

[quote]"(Sessions) believes it is important for the American people to hear the truth directly from him and looks forward to answering the committee's questions tomorrow," a Justice Department spokesperson said

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 12, 2017 3:46 PM

You know, if Trump did fire Mueller, there would be a lot of people raising hell in the Media, and the voters would be pissed...not all of them, but asignificant number, and many members of Congress...but not all of them...would be upset. And then.....crickets. Because it wouldn't be illegal, and if he did it in time, it might even blow over with the people who vote for him. he'd durvive it is all I'm saying. people stamp their feet throw tantrums, but there is not much from a legal perspective that you can do if he exercises his right. And there will also be a lot of foot stamping when other people get busted and Trump issues a bunch of pardons. And if not Trump, Pence will. (And Pence will be very well paid for his efforts. Count on it.) If you want to channel your anger vote. Call Congress, raise hell i nthe streets. And don't get discouraged or tired or lose interest. Be steadfast. Because the Dems cannot seem to get out of their own way. Stop shitting on one another and untie against a common evil. Because all this divisive nitpicking is probably supported instigated and encouraged by the forces that gave us Trump.

by Anonymousreply 148June 12, 2017 3:46 PM

Senate democrats had been publicly calling for Sessions to testify publicly.

by Anonymousreply 149June 12, 2017 3:49 PM

Hey, what the fuck, R143?

by Anonymousreply 150June 12, 2017 4:07 PM

I don't know where to post this but it is hilarious.

[quote]Trump on himself: “Never has there been a president, with few exceptions…who’s passed more legislation, who’s done more things”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 12, 2017 4:11 PM

[quote]“Never has there been a president, with few exceptions"

What? If there has never been another President who has done some particular thing, there would be no exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 152June 12, 2017 4:14 PM

R151, that deserves its own thread.

Oh my god.

by Anonymousreply 153June 12, 2017 4:14 PM

Barron would very likely be a shoe-in to play Comey.

oh dear, i think melania would shoo him away

by Anonymousreply 154June 12, 2017 4:20 PM

Live stream from the Attys. General of MD & DC announcing their lawsuit against Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 12, 2017 4:21 PM

“Never has there been a president, with few exceptions"

What? If there has never been another President who has done some particular thing, there would be no exceptions.

—Anonymous

oh dear, rarely do the colonists use our language properly

by Anonymousreply 156June 12, 2017 4:23 PM

I am duly oh deared, r154.

by Anonymousreply 157June 12, 2017 4:33 PM

Some people may prefer public hearings because they can keep stalling and bluffing and obfuscating by saying they can't talk about stuff that might be "classified," which now seems to have nothing to do with national security and everything to do with embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 158June 12, 2017 4:35 PM

R148 "You know, if Trump did fire Mueller, there would be a lot of people raising hell in the Media, and the voters would be pissed...not all of them, but a significant number, and many members of Congress...but not all of them...would be upset. And then.....crickets. Because it wouldn't be illegal, and if he did it in time, it might even blow over with the people who vote for him. he'd survive it is all I'm saying."

I mostly agree. If Trump is guilty, he knows it. So he will do anything he can to stall an impeachment trial. Which would mean waiting for Mueller to get close, then fire him. The process has to start all over again. Trump lives in the moment: So fire now, worry about the consequences later. He never has had any real strategy. He doesn't give a shit about "optics". And the longer this is dragged out, the more The Russians will get away with, (and anybody else in Trump's Cabinet).

After what was revealed about Jared, how the hell does he still have his security clearance? Why wasn't he immediately marched out of the White House? Because there is nobody there to implement the law! Trump fires Mueller. So what? People bitch and scream. But does anybody show up to arrest Trump and escort him out of the white house? Nope, so he just continues to do whatever he wants.

This is what things have come to.

by Anonymousreply 159June 12, 2017 4:35 PM

BOOM! Follow the money, I mean emoluments.

by Anonymousreply 160June 12, 2017 4:38 PM

Well it is about fucking time. We have been bitching about the emoluments clause for months now. How is it possible that no one was enforcing it? I still don't understand that.

Also, isn't it Attorneys General? (Oh, dear - Russiagate Division)

by Anonymousreply 161June 12, 2017 4:46 PM

R161 " How is it possible that no one was enforcing it? "

I've been saying this since Trump's statement, (LIE), in December. When he claimed he would put all his holdings in a blind trust. Who will be standing in front of the White House doors on January 20th to forbid Trump from entering when he hasn't taken a single step towards disappearing his companies?

by Anonymousreply 162June 12, 2017 4:58 PM

More, please!

by Anonymousreply 163June 12, 2017 5:08 PM

Trump devoted time for each of his cabinet members to go around and praise him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 12, 2017 5:10 PM

The 4th circuit court ruled against Trump's travel ban already.

Now the 9th circuit court of appeals rules against his travel ban

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 12, 2017 5:12 PM

R159 The process doesn't start all over. Whoever would take Mueller's place would be brought up to speed. Wouldn't surprise me of Mueller has multiple copies of the investigation in case Trump fires him. I can hear Trump now "I fried him because there was nothing there."

by Anonymousreply 166June 12, 2017 5:15 PM

" The process doesn't start all over."

In case you misunderstood me, I meant the process of finding a replacement for Mueller, (not the investigation). Granted, that might only take a couple weeks, but in Trump time, that's equivalent to a couple years. Stall Stall Stall

by Anonymousreply 167June 12, 2017 5:19 PM

R78, Putin wants all of liberal democracy to fail. He lost in France and Germany, which are shoring up liberal democracy since Putin won with Trump's election. It's not a US-only obsession. He wants the EU to collapse.

by Anonymousreply 168June 12, 2017 5:24 PM

"Trump Fries Mueller." Original or Chunky-style?

by Anonymousreply 169June 12, 2017 5:26 PM

If you had written it coherently R167 there would not have been a misunderstanding.

by Anonymousreply 170June 12, 2017 5:28 PM

If Piggy McFatso wants to be impeached quickly then he should fire Mueller. If he'd like to stay in the job a little longer, he should keep his bitch mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 171June 12, 2017 5:29 PM

I'm afraid he'll start a war to distract us and delay the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 172June 12, 2017 5:31 PM

In the event of Trump firing Mueller - 'Will no one relieve me of this turbulent special prosecutor?' - there would rightly be big fat juicy leaks to NYT and WaPo of some of the best Mueller had unearthed, with hints of much more to come. Trump will be deeply compromised as long as he lives, no matter how many accomplished investigators he beheads.

by Anonymousreply 173June 12, 2017 5:32 PM

R170 I take full responsibility. If I were a more articulate writer, I'd be writing for NYT or even the NY Post, Not datalounge! lol

by Anonymousreply 174June 12, 2017 5:35 PM

Sick 'em, guys!

Save the republic!

by Anonymousreply 175June 12, 2017 5:37 PM

North Korea better not pop its head up too high. Never a been a president with more urgent need for distraction.

by Anonymousreply 176June 12, 2017 5:38 PM

Break out the covfefe everyone.

by Anonymousreply 177June 12, 2017 5:40 PM

Absent evidence of genuine misconduct from Mueller, I just don't see Trump being able to fire him without consequence. Look at how much damage firing Comey did to him. That is likely to be the one act that cannot be rationalized away and that will finally motivate Republicans to stand up to him.

by Anonymousreply 178June 12, 2017 5:54 PM

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

by Anonymousreply 179June 12, 2017 6:12 PM

r85....that was for civil suits.

by Anonymousreply 180June 12, 2017 6:21 PM

R180 But it provides some guidance in relatively uncharted waters.

by Anonymousreply 181June 12, 2017 6:46 PM

As he should- this is not just about Trump campaign collusion but also Russian interference in our democracy, which really was an act of war. Many are losing sight of that in this Trump sewer we live in.

by Anonymousreply 182June 12, 2017 6:58 PM

Chuck Schumer trolls Donald Trump's super creepy cabinet meeting from this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 12, 2017 6:59 PM

r183 thanks for the link! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 184June 12, 2017 7:12 PM

Guys, we can't hide that Chuck trolling in here. It gets a thread just so they can see it on top.

by Anonymousreply 185June 12, 2017 7:15 PM

And think that Obama's supposed crimes was his belonging to Wright's church and Michelle Obama saying shit about white people. SMH

by Anonymousreply 186June 12, 2017 7:25 PM

Right-wing radio has been pushing the Mueller-can't-be-objective, he's-gotta-go meme all day, so yeah, he's got them scared.

by Anonymousreply 187June 12, 2017 8:04 PM

Yep, r 187. It's a clear strategy now. And they are confusing/lying to their audience about what the Special Counsel is investigating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 12, 2017 8:31 PM

[quote] Looks like Mueller and Comey are playing Chess while Trump thinks he is playing checkers.

Honey...Trump is playing "Hungry, Hungry, Hippos" while Mueller and Comey play 3-D chess.

by Anonymousreply 189June 12, 2017 8:37 PM

Good.....let them try to turn things onto Mueller on all the right wing sites.....that will make Trump think he has to do something drastic....like fire him or direct someone else to do it.....at that point he will be toast and past the point of no return.....done in by his own deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 190June 12, 2017 9:21 PM

At some point true battle lines will be drawn. Are the radio performance artists willing to take it that far? Bannon is, Bannon will die for his cause, with an enlarged liver and pile of hit in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 191June 12, 2017 10:01 PM

Trump contemplating firing Mueller?

Just try it Trump.

by Anonymousreply 192June 12, 2017 11:59 PM

Fucking Republican roaches. Scum of the earth. Deplorables are cheering this. I swear at this point, if I could afford to, I would absolutely fucking leave the country. I don't want to be anywhere near these rats.

by Anonymousreply 193June 13, 2017 12:06 AM

Thank God for Adam Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 194June 13, 2017 12:08 AM

Trump's ultimate goal for his presidency appears to be Richard Nixon.

This is turning into Watergate on speed.

by Anonymousreply 195June 13, 2017 12:10 AM

CNN has been talking about it for over 10 minutes R192. They are still talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 196June 13, 2017 12:15 AM

Trump considering firing Mueller. MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 197June 13, 2017 12:19 AM

We need a good leak to learn exactly what is going on in the Oval Office..

by Anonymousreply 198June 13, 2017 12:21 AM

Someone needs to kick that orange douche in the cunt

by Anonymousreply 199June 13, 2017 12:29 AM

It would stop everything in Congress cold. Trump would only do so if he is in a rage, which probably happens often, so here's hoping!

by Anonymousreply 200June 13, 2017 12:31 AM

Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson

(THREAD) Wondering what happens if Trump tries to fire Special Counsel Bob Mueller? BEDLAM. I break down the consequences in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 13, 2017 12:37 AM

^^^^ scroll down to see the full text!!!

by Anonymousreply 202June 13, 2017 12:38 AM

Newt's seeming about face on Mueller is for one reason. The GOP believes that they can get Russia off the front pages since this is now a Special Counsel investigation. They'd really like to stop the House & Senate hearings from being public. In fact, they'd like to stop them. This would, in their imaginations fade from the front pages. The most important thing the GOP wants is to get their legislative agenda passed. Killing healthcare for more than 23 million people, more tax cuts for the rich, the bullshit "infrastructure" legislation, and the continuing dismantling of our government agencies. It it's all Russia all the time and Trump keeps acting like an asshole, nothing else gets done. Which is really good for us. To say the GOP's reasoning is flawed is an understatement.

by Anonymousreply 203June 13, 2017 12:41 AM

Hitler is informed that Comey is fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 13, 2017 12:45 AM

I am sorry that there have been no leaks in the last few days and that the Presidential Idiot has been able to get some traction in calling Comey a leaker. Worst thing that could happen is that the collusion is not provable. I can't see how they can get conversations between Trump's people and the Russians that clearly show a conspiracy. It was probably all done with a wink and a nod. Best hope is proof of Russian loans to Trump and Kushner on very favorable terms. But, even that would allow Trump to gloat that it only shows what a great negotiator he and his son-in-law are. I want this guy to resign so bad that I feel it won't happen. Also, what's the point (other than joy) if we get Pence who is arguably worse. Can Mueller get their tax returns by subpoena? I can't see why not but they probably won't leak.

by Anonymousreply 205June 13, 2017 12:51 AM

Oh Fuckface wants to fire Mueller? Here's what Adam Schiff says about it:

Adam Schiff‏Verified account @RepAdamSchiff

If President fired Bob Mueller, Congress would immediately re-establish independent counsel and appoint Bob Mueller. Don't waste our time.

by Anonymousreply 206June 13, 2017 1:09 AM

congress could on do this if the rethugs agreed. what evidence suggests that they would?

by Anonymousreply 207June 13, 2017 1:10 AM

on=only

by Anonymousreply 208June 13, 2017 1:11 AM

Cummings and Schiff (among others) won't have it. Dems needs to fight hard. These are evil, evil people and my God if you're not in the 1%,, how in the hell do you think you aren't an idiot or evil in in your own right for supporting the GOP? How genuinely stupid and lacking in decency to support Trump and the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 209June 13, 2017 1:19 AM

[quote]congress could on do this if the rethugs agreed. what evidence suggests that they would?

The reaction of their constituents back at the Town Hall meetings they've been holding. I suspect that the Democrats would be able to bring together enough Republican votes (it only takes a few) to make this happen.

by Anonymousreply 210June 13, 2017 1:20 AM

"Cummings and Schiff (among others) won't have it. Dems needs to fight hard. These are evil, evil people and my God if you're not in the 1%,, how in the hell do you think you aren't an idiot or evil in in your own right for supporting the GOP? How genuinely stupid and lacking in decency to support Trump and the GOP."

won't have what? what the fuck are they going to do? have a press conference. Dems don't need to "fight hard".. they need to get to the fucking polls and throw these bastards out. nothing will change until that happens, why is it so difficult to grasp?

by Anonymousreply 211June 13, 2017 1:23 AM

and where are these unicorn republicans, pray tell.

is mccain "troubled"? is susan collins "concerned"

by Anonymousreply 212June 13, 2017 1:25 AM

R211, I'm talking about the attempt to remove Mueller. They won't let it happen.

by Anonymousreply 213June 13, 2017 1:33 AM

"they" who? are you a retarded bernie bro? the rethugs have the votes to do whatever the shit they want. and in this case they wont do dipshit

by Anonymousreply 214June 13, 2017 1:41 AM

What majority is needed in Congress to authorize 're-hire' of the special counsel? If it's a high bar (two thirds or the like) we could be screwed.

by Anonymousreply 215June 13, 2017 3:55 AM

Nope. Right now all we need is for Sessions and that other guy to stand firm. The Deputy AG is the only one who can fire Mueller and he has do do it for a valid reason. Sessions already has a perjury charge hanging over him, so we aren't going to see him participating in an obstruction. Neither would the Deputy AG who appointed Mueller. Sessions is slimy, but he doesn't want to go to jail. And since Trump is now a target of this investigation in a way he was not back in December & January, he would definitely be obstructing, and as the target of the investigation I think Mueller could refuse to resign and force him into court.

If people are waiting for Congress to do the right thing, forget it. They a have been compromised. They are corrupt. They only care about their own agenda, and the 2018 election. Period. Worst case scenario, you need what, 21 GOP House members to vote with the Dems? I think it's a simple majority not a 2/3. Not sure. But don't hold your breath. People talk about 2018, but no one is talking about illegally gerrymandered districts, or hacking the voting machines. We need to make sure things are secure. We have a lot of work to do

by Anonymousreply 216June 13, 2017 4:33 AM

My understanding is Trump has to request Rosenstein to fire Mueller. Rosenstein could then refuse and resign. Not sure what happens next? I believe he just keeps going to down the bench and requesting if I am not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 217June 13, 2017 12:25 PM

Oh look, more disturbing news. Perhaps the mass firing at the DOJ was all about Trump trying to squash any criminal investigations into him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 13, 2017 1:17 PM

Well the VA and NY courts are still moving forward and the Emoluments case just opened in DC and MD. We are going to get him from any direction possible.

by Anonymousreply 219June 13, 2017 2:13 PM

More and more this administration seems to be staffed by people straight out of the documentary "Jinx." Robert Durst would fit well in the Trump cabinet. If someone becomes inconvenient, just remove him and somebody else will figure what to do with the results.

by Anonymousreply 220June 13, 2017 2:24 PM

For those that read Louise M blog, here's something she just posted. Its nothing too over the top and not yet being reported by MSM (sorry for duplicate post, I accidentally posted this in Ryan thread I have in thread watcher):

[quote] Sources with links to the Justice Department confirm that U.S. intelligence has legal copies of all Donald Trump’s “tapes” of his meetings with Director Comey – and that Comey had his own phone legally hacked in order to record suspects, including Trump, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr, for over a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 13, 2017 2:40 PM

This just keeps getting jucier and jucier.

This administration will not survive the next 6 months. They're done by the end of the year.

by Anonymousreply 222June 13, 2017 2:44 PM

Trump will fire Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 223June 13, 2017 2:57 PM

R221, sounds good but sorry, she's a nutter.

by Anonymousreply 224June 13, 2017 2:57 PM

R221, she might be a nutter, but she might also be correct. I wasn't posting that as an absolute. It seems plausible but we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 225June 13, 2017 3:10 PM

**meant R224

by Anonymousreply 226June 13, 2017 3:12 PM

When was the last time conservative skank Louise Whatever was correctly prescient?

Don't forget that one of the reasons why mueller could be assembling this team is so he can claim they are the best in the land when they exonerate trump.

Never forget fitzmas.

by Anonymousreply 227June 13, 2017 3:14 PM

R224 people are catching on to her; check out #unfollowmensch on Twitter--she is not on our side. In fact, R221 is probably Mensch herself ("the MSM isn't reporting this yet" is her tell, not to mention she is Milo's bff). Joy Reid called her out on her uninformed, misleading bullshit after Mensch breathlessly tweeted "Impeachment proceedings are beginning as I speak". Malcom Nance calls her "the new Milo".

by Anonymousreply 228June 13, 2017 3:16 PM

Yeah believing everything that Louise Mensch or Claude Taylor says is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 229June 13, 2017 3:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 13, 2017 3:28 PM

She also accuses anyone who challenges her of working for Russia, even people who obviously have much better resist Trump credentials than she does. She was a Tory MP, she worked for Murdoch and she opposed the March for Truth. I followed her for a while cause I wanted to believe what she was saying but have come round to thinking she is playing some sort of muddy the waters and sow suspicion double agent game. If so, I hope it backfires on her in spectacular fashion.

by Anonymousreply 231June 13, 2017 3:31 PM

working for murdoch tells you all you need to know about this one

by Anonymousreply 232June 13, 2017 3:34 PM

That's a bunch of BS R221. She is going to have us believe Comey had his own phone hacked to record Trump and his associates during the primary. What would have been his reason to record Trump and company? That we know of, January 6th 2017, is the first time Comey talked to Trump. Was Comey a psychic and foresaw that he would need evidence of his talks to Trump? Very rarely do FBI directors and the president talk to one another.

by Anonymousreply 233June 13, 2017 3:41 PM

Are people digging into Louise Mensch's background?

by Anonymousreply 234June 13, 2017 3:42 PM

This thread stinks of cheap vodka and cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 235June 13, 2017 3:43 PM

No one has to, R234 -- everyone knows she's a rightwinger who worked for Rupert Murdoch until last March or so. It's just that some people forget that, or want to forget that, or want YOU to forget that.

by Anonymousreply 236June 13, 2017 3:46 PM

When you contrast Mueller's team with the fact that the top defense attorneys have turned Trumplethinskin down and it's easy to see why they're worried

by Anonymousreply 237June 13, 2017 3:56 PM

Assuming Mensch does know something, Trump has been involved with the Russians for many years. They could have picked him up on money laundering years ago probably. Also, he's had a ton of sketchy Russians living in Trump Tower for many years. If anyone bothered to look, there's a jackpot in there. The whole place is probably bugged, or it should be.

The only reason I can see Comey bugging himself is due to work issues, maybe not even about Trump. Maybe they tried to go after some politicians before him and eventually it led to Trump.

I wouldn't be surprised if half of Congress is on the Russian payroll, both sides of the aisle. That's pretty much the only reason this is taking so long - they can't tip their hand without giving up on a bunch of them. Which implies the investigation will go on for years and nothing will happen, then at the end somebody will get fired or assassinated and the whole thing goes away.

by Anonymousreply 238June 13, 2017 4:00 PM

British betting sites currently list the odds of Trump still being President in 2018 at 33%.

by Anonymousreply 239June 13, 2017 4:13 PM

what were the odds for a May mandate last week?

by Anonymousreply 240June 13, 2017 4:16 PM

Comey has been sketchy as hell at times, but I can't see him bugging his own phone, actually having tapes that he created himself, but then saying multiple times that he hopes there are tapes.

by Anonymousreply 241June 13, 2017 4:16 PM

The bizarre round table love-in of course screams insecurity: here I am, see me world, a proper President. and bigly respected!

Who does that? No one ever, not even W. It was a desperate shoring up of morale, knowing that deep dark steady investigations are progressing.

Similarly the flexing of possibly firing Mueller. Letting us know he could if he wanted, and might. Why? Why not let Mueller find he's pure as driven snow, and indeed as good as FDR? What an abjectly tragic human being he is.

by Anonymousreply 242June 13, 2017 4:17 PM

[quote] British betting sites currently list the odds of Trump still being President in 2018 at 33%.

Are those the same betting sites that were paying out on a Clinton victory a week before the election?

I just don't believe anybody anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243June 13, 2017 4:20 PM

[quote] Who does that? No one ever, not even W.

Not even Vlad Putin, I'd guess.

by Anonymousreply 244June 13, 2017 4:23 PM

King Barack I, according to right wing hacks

from 2014

"Krauthammer: Obama Is a Narcissist 'Surrounded by Sycophants ..."

what's this turd writing these days? lol

by Anonymousreply 245June 13, 2017 4:30 PM

R241, we didn't listen to Comey hard enough. He knows what to say on the stand.

He didn't say, I know there aren't any tapes.

He didn't say, I know there are tapes.

He didn't say (in open session), I know there are tapes because my phone is bugged, because there's an ongoing investigation, because he didn't want Trump to know they had him. He doesn't work for the FBI any more, that would be the classified leak of all time.

He said two things: I hope there are tapes (not informational, maybe yes, maybe no). He didn't lie. He doesn't work there any more. He doesn't know where the investigation is right now.

He said something else: he gave his permission for any such tapes with his conversations on them to be released. Making any such release legal, with no court order necessary to release his side. No subpoena.

We don't know that's the first time he gave permission for electronic records of his phone conversations to be released. It's just the last.

And on the public record.

by Anonymousreply 246June 13, 2017 5:21 PM

Sessions in an hour...I am curious how he will rebuff Comey, and how that will go down. I expect him to be raked over the coals by Democrats, thrown softballs by most Republicans -- there are some who may lay into him, too, because he lied at confirmation hearing.

by Anonymousreply 247June 13, 2017 5:35 PM

Trump has hit 60% disapproval in Gallup today. They should be panicking.

by Anonymousreply 248June 13, 2017 5:50 PM

If you don't understand that Comey saying he hopes there are tapes means he is saying that he doesn't know if tapes exist or not, R246, then that's on you. You can write paragraphs upon paragraphs of fanfic posing as political insight all you want, it doesn't change what Comey said.

by Anonymousreply 249June 13, 2017 5:51 PM

polls don't mean shit.

votes do

by Anonymousreply 250June 13, 2017 5:51 PM

They should be r248 but they aren't, because they aren't even hiding the fact that they just do whatever they want and fuck their constituency. We saw it with the gun control vote after Sandy Hook and we're seeing it now.

The Republicans steal elections and collude with foreign agencies to destroy our entire country and no one will do anything about it, not even the man who was president when it was discovered. A full 60% of Americans can say Trump is bad for the country and nobody cares, and there's nothing that 60% can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 251June 13, 2017 5:55 PM

trump (supposedlY) got more votes than his opponent in the states that swung the election. just because 60% disapprove of trump today means squat in terms of changing anything.. 10% probably disapprove because he hasn't built the wall and banned muslims.

by Anonymousreply 252June 13, 2017 5:59 PM

This is truly frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 253June 13, 2017 6:00 PM

More like 25% at least, maybe more. Bush had what, 34% or something walking out the door? And everybody else thought he was Satan.

There's a hard core group that ignore every fact that comes their way. They're brainwashed cultists.

I'm afraid Sessions is going to lie, thinking no one can prove he's lying. Or he could just refuse to answer anything in open session. Then the Republicans come out after the closed session and say he testified that Trump is innocent, and Democrats can't say anything because it's classified.

And what about executive privilege? Can he just refuse to answer anything that makes him or Trump to look bad?

by Anonymousreply 254June 13, 2017 6:04 PM

Because he lied to both parties at his confirmation hearing its expected that the overall tone this hearing will be unpleasant for Sessions, and that invoking executive privilege, etc will not sit will with the committee.

by Anonymousreply 255June 13, 2017 6:22 PM

So Trump's friend said Trump is considering firing Mueller. Trump told him that. He may have told his friend to talk to the media. In any case, that makes Trump a possible leaker and his friend a definite leaker.

by Anonymousreply 256June 13, 2017 6:25 PM

I think what happened there is that Trump tweeted that Comey was a possible criminal for leaking. Then he heard all the lawyers on tv saying what Comey did was legal, so he decided to do it himself.

It was only a few days later. By that time, every lawyer on tv had weighed in and said Comey did nothing wrong. Free legal advice. Trump's own lawyers know nothing about constitutional law.

by Anonymousreply 257June 13, 2017 6:28 PM

and vat is vrong wit leaking?

by Anonymousreply 258June 13, 2017 6:29 PM

This is the thing, we know they have proof of criminal behavior by Trump and his team, they need to move on it and stop building the case, this man is a complete nut case and we already see what a disaster he is. I believe the only one who has really protected himself and committed no crimes is Bannon. He is completely evil but smart enough to not get in business with Russia.

by Anonymousreply 259June 13, 2017 6:30 PM

[quote]I believe the only one who has really protected himself and committed no crimes is Bannon.

I was just saying that this morning to a friend. He might be the only black soul in there not doing business with Russia. His motives aren't personal profits; they're anarchy.

by Anonymousreply 260June 13, 2017 6:57 PM

we're quite happy with anarchy thank you

by Anonymousreply 261June 13, 2017 6:59 PM

It's hard to say he doesn't have anything to do with Russia though. He's there for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 262June 13, 2017 7:00 PM

[quote]Trump has hit 60% disapproval in Gallup today. They should be panicking.

Days to hit a 60% disapproval rating:

Carter: Never

Reagan: Never

H.W. Bush: Never

Clinton: Never

W. Bush: 1,756

Obama: Never

Trump: 144

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263June 13, 2017 7:28 PM

Anybody who has doubts about Trump's longstanding business dealings with Russia could take 45 minutes and watch this Documentary that was recently on Dutch Television. Malcolm Nance is one of those interviewed. His participation is good enough for me to validate it's legitimacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 13, 2017 8:03 PM

Stonewalling Congressional hearings is comical when you consider that the International Intelligence Community and the international press is going to burn Trump's ass. There are also criminal investigations that will not stop. He may have fired all U.S. attorneys and fired the FBI chief, but he is going to be topped. Members of Congress who are compromised or who think they can avoid prosecution by stonewalling will be p for Contempt and obstruction charges and in Session's case he will also get burned for perjury. Our biggest concern ought to be making sure local elections are fair and insulated from tampering.

by Anonymousreply 265June 14, 2017 12:40 AM

"...he is going to be stopped" not "topped" who the fuck would want to top that mound of dough!

by Anonymousreply 266June 14, 2017 12:41 AM

What is good about all these top flight folks is that they are so experienced that they know exactly what to look for and where. They know what's plausible, probable and ridiculous re the ins and outs of the law, government and all the agencies.

They should be able to find the rat/s. Maybe Trump was involved and maybe not. These folks will find stuff or they won't. One would hope that whatever is concluded the proper people will be dealt with.

Good luck, Mueller. I really hope DT doesn't fire him.

by Anonymousreply 267June 14, 2017 12:52 AM

Even if DT did fire him they could just rehire him as an independent counsel assuming some R's would side with the D's. That's a big assumption but I got to believe at some point enough will break. Drumpf also just pissed of all the R's in the House by calling the Healthcare bill they were just celebrating a few weeks ago, "mean". What a stupid fuck.

by Anonymousreply 268June 14, 2017 11:32 AM

Could someone give me a quick explanation of Trump's situation with public vs. private legal representation? What's paid for by the government and what legal bills is he on the hook for personally in all this? How about his staff and members of the cabinet?

At some point in time it becomes death by 1000 cuts, right? No matter how wealthy you are paying for big time legal representation becomes a major problem.

by Anonymousreply 269June 14, 2017 11:40 AM

Mueller is now investigating Trump's possible obstruction of justice.

by Anonymousreply 270June 15, 2017 3:37 PM

It's about time.

by Anonymousreply 271June 15, 2017 5:48 PM

"Exclusive: Former Justice Department official joins Mueller team

A former U.S. Justice Department official has become the latest lawyer to join special counsel Robert Mueller's team investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election, a spokesman for the team confirmed.

Greg Andres started on Tuesday, becoming the 16th lawyer on the team, said Josh Stueve, a spokesman for the special counsel.

Most recently a white-collar criminal defense lawyer with New York law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell, Andres, 50, served at the Justice Department from 2010 to 2012. He was deputy assistant attorney general in the criminal division, where he oversaw the fraud unit and managed the program that targeted illegal foreign bribery.

---

That Mueller continues to expand his team means the probe is not going to end anytime soon, said Robert Ray, who succeeded Kenneth Starr as independent counsel for the Whitewater investigation during the Clinton administration.

"It's an indication that the investigation is going to extend well into 2018," said Ray. "Whether it extends beyond 2018 is an open question." "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272August 2, 2017 1:07 AM

What if he fires Mueller? What happens to his super-duper team?

by Anonymousreply 273August 2, 2017 1:38 AM

Congress will revive the law and simply re-appoint Meuller as special prosecutor. He can use the same team or a remarkably similar team.

by Anonymousreply 274August 2, 2017 1:42 AM

Congress hires them all back to work for them.

I don't think Trump will do it, to be honest. It would cause such an uproar and seal his fate.

by Anonymousreply 275August 2, 2017 1:42 AM

Whether we understand this clearly or not, Mueller and his team are actually saving our Republic.

If Mueller and his team were not actively investigating Trump and his entire family, Trump would have been emboldened to commit additional crimes against our country.

Even if absolutely zero comes from this investigation, )which I highly doubt and believe that something will come out) just having Mueller in place is making it virtually impossible for Trump to carry out whatever it is that he and Bannon had originally planned with Putin.

The rest of this presidency is a lame duck. Let's just hope that we do not have some sort of catastrophic event due to terrorism, or an unforeseen act of God, similar to hurricane Katrina. Trump is not capable of handling anything of these magnitudes, nor is anyone on his staff, other than Gen. Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 276August 2, 2017 1:44 AM

The newly added attorney went after the Bonnano family and they put out a hit on him. I don't think threats from Trump will bother him too much.

by Anonymousreply 277August 2, 2017 1:49 AM

As we move closer to midterms, expect Congress to do what saves their seats over what Trump wants. I think today the moves they made on ACA show that fact, as well as the vote on Russian sanctions.

by Anonymousreply 278August 2, 2017 1:53 AM

Trump has made no friends and lots of enemies since coming to Washington and the people he's screwed over prior to 2016 haven't forgotten either. Firing Mueller won't make his problems go away.

by Anonymousreply 279August 2, 2017 1:54 AM

I think Mueller is a handsome Daddy. I offer to do my civic duty and suck his cock every day, until he puts the Orange Fat Fuck in prison.

by Anonymousreply 280August 2, 2017 3:53 AM

My only concern is that as it drags on there will be increased noise from Trump and supporters along the lines of, "why is this taking so long? If there was a "there" there why has it not been discovered?"

by Anonymousreply 281August 2, 2017 4:20 AM

[quote]What if he fires Mueller? What happens to his super-duper team?

R273 If he fires Muller, the rest of the team keeps on working. When Nixon had Archibald Cox fired, the rest of his team came to work the very next day. In order for the special investigation to end all 11 (??) other attorneys would have to be fired. It would be like a revolving door. Not even Sessions would be able to attempt that, apart that it would probably take them all four years of Trump's presidency to find justifiable reasons to fire each one of the special prosecutors. By then the congress would have rehired Muller again.

Twittler is fucked and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 282August 2, 2017 7:22 AM

R279 Trump has ALWAYS had more enemies than friends. Not just since moving into the WH. And that is a fact.

by Anonymousreply 283August 2, 2017 1:40 PM

Well I'll tell ya whut. Mueller and his attorneys need to secure all their files and documents off site. There needs to be some hideyhole where they can secure documents, because if Mueller gets fired and the investigation gets stalled even for a short time, the opportunity to steal documents and mess with files is very high. So they need to make sure there is a complete identical set, and that any forensic evidence is secured off site as well.

by Anonymousreply 284August 2, 2017 2:13 PM

It might interest you all to know that there are enough GOP members of the U.S. Senate starting to break from Trump right now this minute, that it could be a problem. It seems, according to the WaPo, that Trump offends them. Many of them are now saying publicly that they don't "work for Trump I work for the American People!" Yeah. It was even suggested that many don't see him as the leader of their party. Good heavens!!!!! apparently they did some internal polling and at least in the Senate he is no longer a factor in their re-election prospects.

by Anonymousreply 285August 2, 2017 2:16 PM

[quote] apparently they did some internal polling and at least in the Senate he is no longer a factor in their re-election prospects.

Bullshit. Repugs who are up for election will either run with Dump or against him. They will not be able to ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 286August 2, 2017 2:19 PM

R285 NOW they're offended? Something major must be brewing in the Trump trainwreck administration that they will not be able to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 287August 2, 2017 2:20 PM

R286, I didn't mean to suggest he would be ignored. But he very well could be. Even in 2016, he was ignored by some GOP candidates in state races. It's not inconceivable or unusual. Personally I think they might ignore him rather than run against him. They are right now beginning to assert their independence and not only that, they are openly and actively criticizing him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288August 2, 2017 2:26 PM

Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, and finally John McCain stood against Trump. And what happened to them? So far, nothing. Except public statements of respect and admiration. Watch others start to follow suit now.

by Anonymousreply 289August 2, 2017 2:27 PM

R283 that is not hard to believe.

Good point R284 and the opportunity to steal and corrupt the files is EXACTLY what will happen if they aren't safely stored off-site. It wouldn't be a matter of 'if', it would be a matter of 'when.'

R285 Yes, and even Trump's favorite polling source, Rasmussen, whom he has stated numerous times is the most accurate of all, is posting low approval ratings at around 39% at this point, with 61% disapproval. Wonder what King Trump has to say about that? I guess now they are fake news/liars as well.

On Another Note: Anyone know what's going on with his tax returns? Why hasn't Mueller released the truth/results, or are they still dissecting and analyzing them for the most amount of dirt?

I realize Mueller may not expose them or even the details to the public, nor is he required to do so, but I would have thought by now the truth about whatever Trump is hiding in his tax returns/financials would have been exposed by now. I am looking so forward to that bombshell, assuming the dirt ever comes out. C,mon Mueller we're counting on ya to dig up the dirt!

by Anonymousreply 290August 2, 2017 2:29 PM

If they voted for Trump care, it will be an issue in their re-election campaign. The Dems will make sure.

by Anonymousreply 291August 2, 2017 2:29 PM

R290

"On Another Note: Anyone know what's going on with his tax returns? Why hasn't Mueller released the truth/results, or are they still dissecting and analyzing them for the most amount of dirt?

I realize Mueller may not expose them or even the details to the public, nor is he required to do so, but I would have thought by now the truth about whatever Trump is hiding in his tax returns/financials would have been exposed by now. I am looking so forward to that bombshell, assuming the dirt ever comes out. C,mon Mueller we're counting on ya to dig up the dirt!"

I believe the way it works is that he doesn't release anything until the entire investigation is over. We're not supposed to know anything about what/how he's investigating. He might not have even gotten the tax filings - OR - he's had them for weeks. The only reason we know some information in this investigation and in previous investigations is thanks to leakers.

by Anonymousreply 292August 2, 2017 2:33 PM

Exactly R291. Trumpcare is going to be a factor. And asshole Paul Ryan and the House are bragging right now that "unlike the Senate, we did our job. We passed healthcare legislation." Well they didn.t They voted on it and sent it to the Senate, but they can't "pass legislation" by themselves.

by Anonymousreply 293August 2, 2017 2:33 PM

I hope somehow some way they can take turtle-face McConnell with them!

by Anonymousreply 294August 2, 2017 2:35 PM

Mueller's team isn't going to leak anything. There's no way in hell they are going to compromise the integrity of the investigation and give that turd any possible excuse to fire him.

by Anonymousreply 295August 2, 2017 2:41 PM

Money Laundering, collusion with Putin, obstruction of justice, and pee pee girls.

by Anonymousreply 296August 2, 2017 2:46 PM

Except that Mueller can spend another year working on this, present his findings to--Congress? and Congress can decide to do nothing. Or that the money laundering stuff is too complicated or just "borderline" shady and doesn't condense down into a sound bite that the public can grasp. We are pinning our faith on Mueller to provide incontrovertible evidence of corruption. I'm afraid of a letdown. Meanwhile everyday Trump does horrible crap. The only sure way to get it to stop is electing Dems in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 297August 2, 2017 3:03 PM

[quote]Yes, and even Trump's favorite polling source, Rasmussen, whom he has stated numerous times is the most accurate of all, is posting low approval ratings at around 39% at this point,

It's down to 38% today, lower than Obama received during any point in his presidency.

by Anonymousreply 298August 2, 2017 3:08 PM

R291, I agree, but I also think that Republicans are expert spin doctors and will somehow be able to say "But it didn't pass" or "We worked as hard as we could for you against Democratic opposition..." and get away scot-free with their supporters.

by Anonymousreply 299August 2, 2017 3:22 PM

"and get away scot-free with their supporters"

Until their supporters start dying and can't get decent health coverage. It'll take awhile though.

by Anonymousreply 300August 2, 2017 3:28 PM

^^ I'm sorry. I'm wrong. With Obama plans, their supporters might still get decent coverage and go along with the spins. I'm correcting myself.

by Anonymousreply 301August 2, 2017 3:29 PM

From a psychological standpoint here, since Trump is a textbook narcissist, those who do not agree with him on everything are treated *very* differently (cold shoulder, silent treatment, blank stares, etc) from those who do agree with him. That's very typical of the narcissist and it is how all narcissists react toward those who don't want to go along with their agendas. N's also see those who disagree or don't support their agendas as potential troublemakers. And troublemakers of course, are not to be trusted. Due to their over-inflated ego and emotional immaturity, N's perceive them as being disloyal, not as having a differing of opinion; "Agree with me or you are disloyal" is his narcissistic motto.

They treat "the disloyal" as such, even though the person isn't being disloyal, which is basically an attack on their character. Once the character assaults kick in, (and they do) even if done in private, they make more enemies than they already have. The end result of all this childish nonsense is that more of his ilk will start going against him and it will only snowball from there. Even the most die-hard, corrupt deplorables / republicans have their breaking point and threshold. No one wants the cold shoulder or silent treatment and the feeling of being devalued, along with the risk of having their reputation trashed.

At this point, with all the chaos, I am sure there are others Trump wants to boot out and badmouth, but he knows he can't do anything about it, at least not at this time, given he's skating on very thin ice. His approval ratings are consistently dropping, while his disapproval ratings are steadily climbing, not the other way around. Realistically, it's only downhill from here. No way can he recover. His approval / disapproval ratings are not going to reverse.

Like all narcissists, as they age, they get worse, not better, as narcissism gets considerably worse with age. That means his behaviors will worsen and another ugly facet of his personality will be exposed. Mark my words, the horrible crap he pulls almost daily will escalate. Just when we thought we've seen it all, there will be more drama and insanity. So there's that. Then there's also the dementia creeping in. Like I said, downhill from here. The rise and fall of King Trump.

by Anonymousreply 302August 2, 2017 3:30 PM

I think when Mueller completes his task he is empowered to his findings publicly even as he delivers them to Congress in OPEN hearings. And honestly, some of those "findings" will leak with about a 24 hr. window of his testimony. He doesn't need permission from the FBI director or the Attorney General. he can go directly to Congress. That's part of what being "Special" means.The only thing that may be closed is anything directly related to Intel that could compromise our National security by disclosing specific people and methods. So you will se Mueller talking to Congress just like we saw Comey and Mueller will not have to be cautious when it comes to his findings.

by Anonymousreply 303August 2, 2017 3:35 PM

^ I agree but I think the upthread comments meant that Mueller doesn't have to release the tax returns to the public. He can summarize and release that information and findings, assuming it's both accurate and (as you said) doesn't compromise our national safety.

by Anonymousreply 304August 2, 2017 3:41 PM

I have heard two high profile anti-Trump people say recently that they may not have enough of the kind of evidence they want/need to get Trump. Maybe that is why it is taking so long.

by Anonymousreply 305August 2, 2017 3:48 PM

R305, They just started. This investigation was always expected to continue into 2018, and I just heard on MSNBC that it could go into 2019. This is very complicated business.

by Anonymousreply 306August 2, 2017 3:53 PM

Trump actually did something right today. He signed the sanctions bill. But look back at the past 7 months...whenever Trump has done something reasonable or seemingly ethical, he gets in his own way by doing something mind-numbingly stupid! I can't wait to see what today's Breaking Blockbuster will be!

by Anonymousreply 307August 2, 2017 4:04 PM

He had no choice but to sign it. Unless he wanted to be overrided in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 308August 2, 2017 4:10 PM

[quote]Trump actually did something right today. He signed the sanctions bill.

He also added a signing statement to it, claiming that it is "significantly flawed" legislation that includes "a number of clearly unconstitutional provisions." I'm sure he's hoping it placates Vlad just a bit.

by Anonymousreply 309August 2, 2017 4:13 PM

The investigation into his financials and taxes is very complicated. They also have to be extra careful so that Trump and his enablers can't come back at them and make them look like the bad guys where they are made out to be providing false or less than accurate information that can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. They know Trump is going to deny everything that is true.

Mueller knows it has to be factual, not speculation. It has to be airtight, not open to interpretation.

This is why it is going to take some time. I am sure they have a talented team of skilled forensic accountants and auditors scrutinizing everything about his tax returns. It is going to take time and patience if they want to do it right and where Trump has no way out. Because if there is only one way out, skilled in the art of deceit Trump will find that way.

by Anonymousreply 310August 2, 2017 4:14 PM

The long wait for Mueller is as understandable as it is expected. Deep inquiries can't work to journalistic expectations. Indeed, big journalistic stories often brew for months and years before that final front-page exclusive.

An upside of this protracted process has to be the effect it's having on Trump. It's daily established that he's human-adjacent; but knowing a man of integrity has total access to as much of your past as is possible, with the help of supersmart lawyers, cannot but have its unsettling impact. For the worse as he ages, and faces the exponential challenges of office. Something's gotta give.

by Anonymousreply 311August 2, 2017 4:15 PM

Mueller is going to save the republic.

Who will play him in the movie? I'd say that a younger James Cromwell (circa his Six Feet Under stint) would've been perfect.

by Anonymousreply 312August 2, 2017 4:49 PM

I hope it takes until the midterm elections are nigh.

by Anonymousreply 313August 2, 2017 5:49 PM

I think Jeff Bridges should play Mueller. In fact I think Jeff Bridges ought to run for President.

by Anonymousreply 314August 2, 2017 5:55 PM

This isn't "taking so long." Compared to Watergate this thing is moving at breakneck speed. And I'd safely bet Mueller would like to go even faster which is why he hired so many specialists. Think about it. Every single one of those specialist lawyers he hired, has a team supporting them. They have investigators accountants, IT experts, all kinds of shit. So let's say you have 16 Lawyers working on this and every one of them have access to maybe 6 support staff. that's probably 100 people working on this investigation. And the fact that it is both a Criminal and an Intel investigation should make Trump shit his pants 6 times a day.

by Anonymousreply 315August 2, 2017 5:58 PM

I bet JAred and Ivanka cry on each other's shoulders every night about going back home to NYC and their wonderful life before all this madness. Back in a time when Russians were their friends and Uncle Vlad was SO helpful arranging loans. Back when it didn't take much greasing to get the Chinese to give them branding licenses. Now they have to practically put the entire country on the table as collateral. Shit. And they don't understand why all the help in D.C. has such an attitude, and why their morning cup of green tea has just the hint of spit in it.

by Anonymousreply 316August 2, 2017 6:01 PM

6x a day or more R315 ... because he knows he is guilty even though he admits to nothing and nothing is ever his fault.

If he knew that he was squeaky clean and they'd find nothing he'd be laughing and enjoying it, not shitting his pants. Which is what he is doing.

by Anonymousreply 317August 2, 2017 6:05 PM

R316. Jared seems like a quiet, oily used car salesman who has no business working in The White House. But Ivanka...phony, plastic, full of shit, complicit and incompetent--just like her father. Even with all those glowing qualities, I'm sure she expected Washington to welcome her with open arms. She thought she'd be the toast of the town. She had no earthly idea that she would be scrutinized like this and almost looked at a pariah who no one wants to interview except for slimy, oily Fox News. Two of a kind who found each other.

by Anonymousreply 318August 2, 2017 6:09 PM

It isn't only the lawyers and their respective staffers, it's also a ton of outside consultants all over the world who are experts or knowledgeable in certain areas. People who can put Muller's team in touch with information to fill in the puzzle.

R318, Ivanka wanted to be the toast of the town, and now she's just toast.

by Anonymousreply 319August 2, 2017 6:15 PM

She sometimes goes out without even bothering to get her roots touched up!

by Anonymousreply 320August 2, 2017 6:18 PM

She needs to "architect" her way out of the District. No one wants her here.

by Anonymousreply 321August 2, 2017 6:26 PM

[quote]apparently they did some internal polling and at least in the Senate he is no longer a factor in their re-election prospects.

Trump is practically a lame duck just a little more than 6 months into his presidency. Expect more of the GOP to dissociate from him.

by Anonymousreply 322August 2, 2017 6:27 PM

For most Republicans running for re-election in 2018, NOT running as a Trump loyalist may be an asset.

They can claim "we tried to work with him in good faith, gave him a long chance, but now find the Republican Party needing new ideas and a new direction to get things done."

by Anonymousreply 323August 2, 2017 6:59 PM

[quote] And the fact that it is both a Criminal and an Intel investigation should make Trump shit his pants 6 times a day.

That's a lot of taco bowls.

by Anonymousreply 324August 2, 2017 7:05 PM

Ivanka and Donald come out of it the worst. I didn't think of Donald Trump that much before and Ivanka not at all.

by Anonymousreply 325August 2, 2017 7:07 PM

Given that his performance and popularity has gradually but steadily decreased, and with approval ratings so low, currently 36%-39%, only six months into his presidency, one can only imagine what it will be six months from now.

by Anonymousreply 326August 2, 2017 7:19 PM

Yes but if we're hoping that the Mueller investigation will force Congress to impeach, that's another year or two away. It's already been a long, disasterous six months.

by Anonymousreply 327August 2, 2017 7:39 PM

[quote]Team Trump Is Terrified:

If by "Terrified" you mean "unconcerned" then yeah it's right. This is bullshit, see you in eight years, when the next guy is in.

by Anonymousreply 328August 2, 2017 7:53 PM

You wish, pathetic Deplorable cunt on a gay website R328!

by Anonymousreply 329August 2, 2017 7:54 PM

I have a feeling that Ivanka is protected through out these shenanigans. She will walk away from them all, divorce Jared, and move to Canada.

by Anonymousreply 330August 2, 2017 9:26 PM

Honey, I'm betting that the longest part of this ordeal is this investigation. By the time Mueller has his ducks lined up and delivers his findings to the House, Congress will move the impeachment process along so fast it'll make your head spin. There will be very little "deliberating" very little arguing.

RIght now, Trump's running around looking for bogeymen in order to change the subject. First it was Transgendered people in the military. Now it's an attack on affirmative action, He is unleashing the white supremacists like Sessions and Bannon. Sessions probably talked him off the ledge and fed him some red meat Racism He loves that shit. LAst two days he's doing more shit to restrict immigration.

He is desperate to change the subject. That's the only reason he keeps bitching at the Senate to go back and do healthcare again. Fortunately they're not doing it. He even has operatives in the House calling for a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton, her Russian connections, e-mails and Loretta Lynch. Seriously. Anything to change the subject, but it isn't going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 331August 2, 2017 9:42 PM

[quote]one can only imagine what it will be six months from now

I am sure he is counting on a rebound one he gets his war.

by Anonymousreply 332August 2, 2017 9:47 PM

So when they bring this cracker down, they have lots of ammo. I can get behind it.

by Anonymousreply 333August 2, 2017 9:49 PM

There's a pattern here with his approval ratings that keep declining. For one, his approval rating dropped again from 40% to 36% shortly after his inappropriate and inane speech to the Boy Scouts of America last week. For some of his supporters that speech was the last straw and they transitioned from 'approve' to 'disapprove', and for others who support him it will take more than that. But he did lose some supporters over that. He keeps pissing off more and more people with each passing day, while he isn't gaining in popularity.

The point is, over the course of time, as he continues to say and do more crazy stupid things he loses more and more support and therefore his ratings will continue to decline. Top that off with Mueller's investigation/findings and Trump may not last much longer that his one year anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 334August 2, 2017 11:08 PM

R334 Love your post but I'm certain this teflon pig is getting another term after this one, regardless of his popularity. There's no way this collective nightmare ends in 2020; it's just going to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 335August 2, 2017 11:12 PM

For people curious about the tax returns, I recommend reading that New Republic article about Trump's long history with Russia. It provides an excellent overview of the issues I imagine Mueller is investigating.

In short, Russians buy property from him at a ridiculous markup. That is one of the basic ways to launder money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336August 2, 2017 11:12 PM

thanks R336

by Anonymousreply 337August 2, 2017 11:27 PM

R336 Rachel Maddow has done a few stories about this as well.

by Anonymousreply 338August 2, 2017 11:29 PM

Is there any inside information coming out at all ?

by Anonymousreply 339August 3, 2017 2:21 AM

None so far. Unlike Il Douche, Mueller runs a tight ship. His people know better than to talk out of turn. They're also probably more loyal.

by Anonymousreply 340August 3, 2017 2:51 AM

All I know is that right-wing media is in heavy attack mode against Mueller of late, hammering over and over that he's a Clinton supporter with an agenda to destroy Trump. I think they're positioning Trump's base to accept the firing of Mueller, hoping that will prevent congressional Republicans from taking action against Trump, as a few have threatened. As the base keeps shrinking, I'm not sure that's a good bet.

by Anonymousreply 341August 3, 2017 1:21 PM

The thing is as the House Intel committee continues its "investigation" given the fact that Devin "Imbecile" Nunes still has top secret clearance even though he recused himself from chairing the hearings , there are dozens of opportunities for him and his staffers to ferret out information and run it over to the WH. He's been an information pipeline to Trump for months. he was on his transition team, too. The other thing to keep in mind is that Mueller and the Congressional committees have to work closely because Mueller is not going to allow anyone to answer questions to any Committees of Congress that may compromise his investigation. And yet, he has to keep them in the loop because they obviously play a critical role in prosecuting this thing at certain points. So at some point he will share his findings, but he can't share everything because he is going to be the lead prosecutor of these crimes later on down the road. But he needs to get them to vote to Impeach.

Once that happens there's a trial in the Senate. That's when Mueller fires all his guns. Once the Senate votes & Trump is convicted of crimes the Judge will pass a sentence. The Chief Judge of SCOTUS. I bet Justice Roberts spare time reading right now is alll impeachment alll the time. He doesn't have a lot to go on, but I bet he is secretly directing his law clerks to research every point of law and the Constitution to prepare.

by Anonymousreply 342August 3, 2017 1:49 PM

Hannity opened his show last night with claims that Mueller is actually a criminal in violation of at least one, possibly two laws. "He must be fired!"

by Anonymousreply 343August 3, 2017 3:19 PM

Hannity really thinks he's an authority on the law, eh? That punkfucker is one of the people complicit in manufacturing the Seth Rich Conspiracy story, the fake news that Donald Trump personally orchestrated to distract from the Russian investigation. He's a vile excuse for a human being.

by Anonymousreply 344August 3, 2017 3:21 PM

I am very glad the Rich story blew up in everyone's face, lawsuits, retractions, etc.

You do know that this story was endorsed by the WH (meaning Trump himself) and they encouraged it to run? Anyone surprised?

by Anonymousreply 345August 3, 2017 3:44 PM

Proof that the Trump family works like the Mafia:

1. It's a family business

2. They hide their financial dealings

3. They have very shady friends (including known mobsters like Gotti)

4. The Godfather (Trump) threatens and fires people on a whim

5. He "demands" blind loyalty

6. He has no taste (gaudy furniture and gold faucets anyone?)

7. He was both mentored and has been represented by a mob lawyer, Roy Cohen

8. He screws over his contractors and (mainly small business) suppliers

9. He loves a bit of sexual assault

10. He dislikes African Americans (racial housing discrimination)

11. He ran (and had failed) casinos and routinely broke casino rules without consequences

12. Protection racket: intimidated his tenants in NY

13. Been "bankrupt" 4 times to get out of paying taxes

14. Employed 200 undocumented Polish workers for which he was found guilty in 1991 but never held accountable

And there's more, but you get the picture. It's possible that his strong ties to the mob might just save him.

by Anonymousreply 346August 3, 2017 4:53 PM

"Draining the swamp" needs to start right at the top.

Go, Mr. Mueller go!!!!

by Anonymousreply 347August 3, 2017 5:01 PM

R346, nothing's saving Trump.

Trump made two HUGE mistakes that no one is letting him get a at with: he pissed off the CIA, and he fired the head of the FBI.

Rule # 1: Never piss off the spooks. They know EVERYTHING about you.

by Anonymousreply 348August 3, 2017 5:16 PM

R348: Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 349August 3, 2017 5:33 PM

^^^ Sure hope you're right. ^^^

Having lived in NYC most of my life and being old enough in the 70's to know of his antics and crimes, I know that he's gotten away with a lot of shit all throughout his life. He was never once held accountable. He has goons that go after people. All of that combined makes it hard to believe anything will happen to him.

I hope he goes down, but historically, over the decades, he has gotten away with crimes that would have landed others behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 350August 3, 2017 7:10 PM

I hope Trump doesn't find a way to fire Muller before his investigation is finished.

by Anonymousreply 351August 3, 2017 7:26 PM

The firing of Mueller-- much less Sessions--has lessened in recent days. I think he was dissuaded from acting on what would be politically explosive. WH is full of cretins, creeps and bottom-feeders, but even they smelled the scent of betrayal coming from Repub congressmen.

by Anonymousreply 352August 3, 2017 7:31 PM

[quote]I hope he goes down, but historically, over the decades, he has gotten away with crimes that would have landed others behind bars.

The problem is he exposed himself to the biggest audience on the ultimate grandest of stages. This is a whole different ball game.

by Anonymousreply 353August 3, 2017 7:39 PM

You don't get away with it when you mess with The FBI and CIA.

and now, the SVR, too, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 354August 3, 2017 7:42 PM

Just read this on Malcolm Nance's twitter feed, from the WSJ:

Special Counsel Mueller impanels Washington grand jury in Russia probe

by Anonymousreply 355August 3, 2017 8:01 PM

^^^ True. I am just remembering back to when he got away with bilking and stiffing bankers out of hundreds of millions. He also violated state gambling/casino laws and committed many other crimes. And none of his many victims were able to sue him for sexual assault, and he had assaulted many girls and women. No matter what, for decades, this crazy manboy always walked away scot-free.

Over the past few weeks I had given up hope. So thanks for the uplifting replies that this time he won't walk free. I hope they nail him and throw his fat ass in prison. I would actually much rather see him impeached and imprisoned than dead.

by Anonymousreply 356August 3, 2017 8:02 PM

WSJ: Special Counsel Impanels DC Grand Jury in Russia Probe.

Breaking on MSNBC with Nicole Wallace now. What is the significance of this? Indictments and interviews soon?

by Anonymousreply 357August 3, 2017 8:08 PM

CBC just mentioned it r355. They're waiting for more details.

Isn't Trump supposed to make a big announcement tonight in West Virginia?

by Anonymousreply 358August 3, 2017 8:08 PM

[quote]Robert Mueller, the special counsel overseeing the Russia investigation, has impaneled a grand jury in Washington, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

[quote]The move means the probe is intensifying and could stretch "for months," according to the newspaper. Impaneling a grand jury suggests Mueller "believes he will need to subpoena records and take testimony from witnesses," the Journal said.

[quote]It does not necessarily mean he will bring charges against Trump allies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359August 3, 2017 8:10 PM

DC Grand Jury impanel means: Associated with people must go before that grand jury for questioning.

by Anonymousreply 360August 3, 2017 8:11 PM

He'll get away with it in the sense that he will be seen as a martyr should they uncover something that leads to his political demise.

His base are mentally ill cultists. Slavishly believing anything he says and dismissive of everything else to the contrary. They will circle the wagons around him and then test themselves to see if they have the stomach to incite some sort of revolt.

This phenomena is terrifying. President after President have said that American citizens are at heart good people. I don't believe that at all. This is a fucked up, sick country full of whack jobs thirsting for a violent revolution.

by Anonymousreply 361August 3, 2017 8:15 PM

oh I forgot the obligatory //ary!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 362August 3, 2017 8:17 PM

Guys, guys, you're missing the point: Trump is loved by the Boy Scouts and Mexico (who is paying for the wall)! Oh, and he's making a big announcement in W. Virginia tonight! What'll it be? The invention of a car that runs on coal? A new executive order that makes being black illegal? You'll just have to ignore Mueller, turn of Rachel Maddow and tune in to Fox tonight to find out!

by Anonymousreply 363August 3, 2017 8:18 PM

[quote] “This is yet a further sign that there is a long-term, large-scale series of prosecutions being contemplated and being pursued by the special counsel,” Stephen I. Vladeck, a law professor at the University of Texas, told the paper.

[quote] “If there was already a grand jury in Alexandria looking at Flynn, there would be no need to reinvent the wheel for the same guy. This suggests that the investigation is bigger and wider than Flynn, perhaps substantially so.”

by Anonymousreply 364August 3, 2017 8:18 PM

Crazy Mensch and Taylor have been talking about Grand Jury indictments for months. They're officially off my Twitter ignore list now, because they were right.

by Anonymousreply 365August 3, 2017 8:26 PM

There are already 4 or 5 breaking news stories this afternoon - I can't keep up, but it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! I hope Trump is shitting in his Depends!

by Anonymousreply 366August 3, 2017 9:06 PM

[quote] I hope Trump is shitting in his Depends!

Good thing Sean is still in the building.

by Anonymousreply 367August 3, 2017 9:10 PM

r365 I opened this thread to say about the same thing. lol

by Anonymousreply 368August 3, 2017 9:14 PM

I'm so afraid this will be Fitzmas all over again

And Clinton got impeached over a blow job. Bastards.

by Anonymousreply 369August 3, 2017 9:21 PM

[quote] Crazy Mensch and Taylor have been talking about Grand Jury indictments for months. They're officially off my Twitter ignore list now, because they were right.

There was a 50% chance they'd be right and a 50% chance they'd be wrong. Good guess.

by Anonymousreply 370August 3, 2017 9:23 PM

The big announcement tonight is that the Governor of WV is announcing he is switching parties from DEM to REPUKE

by Anonymousreply 371August 3, 2017 9:29 PM

This proves NOTHING about Louise fucking Mensch. Everyone has anticipated a Grand Jury. Responsible, reputable journalists have probably seen the smoke signs for weeks but couldn't report until they had sources and followed protocol.

Louise Mensch makes plausible claims everyone desperately wants to be true. Then when others do the legwork and break the stories, her followers claim that she had it right all along. Do you see how this works? Do you see how fine the line is between deplorables and "left-wing" conspiracy theorists? Do you?

by Anonymousreply 372August 3, 2017 9:33 PM

The funny thing is that republicans spent twice as much as the democrats did on that governor's race and they still lost.

by Anonymousreply 373August 3, 2017 9:37 PM

Do you have any MSM articles talking about the Grand Jury indictments that were discussed? Because I only heard about this from Mensch/Taylor and everybody was saying that they were total idiots and not credible.

You know, it's ok to have an opinion about people, but when you see that they were actually talking about EDVA Grand Juries when everybody was laughing at them, then you have to admit that they were right. Facts are facts, and if you dismiss everything without being objective, then you're not credible yourself.

by Anonymousreply 374August 3, 2017 9:40 PM

I hope there will be indictments, but all that happened today is that a new Grand Jury panel is being put together. Indictments are voted on by the GJ after evidence and testimony are presented by prosecutors.

But, as the old saying goes, a good prosecutor can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 375August 3, 2017 9:45 PM

No one laughed at the notion of grand juries. It seemed plausible, of course. You didn't see a bunch of journalists predicting that grand juries were imminent because journalism is actually a profession with standards and methods and professionals are held accountable for what they report.

If Louise Mensch wants to be taken seriously then she needs to break a story like a journalist. Twatting out predictions is not enough. Anyone can say "my sources are so super-duper secret" and "they trust me-- only ME!" It takes hard work and good reporting to build credibility. Until I see it from her, consistently, she's just another breathless Twitter nut. Twitter is a huge echo chamber for the left and the right. Because something is circulating on twitter is not reason to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 376August 3, 2017 9:58 PM

Trump's presidency was over the day Kelly became his Chief of Staff.

The fucker is done. Forget about any bullshit that the guy says from now on. He is dunzo, and anyone who is someone in DC knows it.

by Anonymousreply 377August 3, 2017 9:58 PM

R377 I agree but what does Kelly have to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 378August 3, 2017 10:10 PM

Mensch et al., weren't just talking about grand juries being impaneled. Before Mueller was even appointed they were talking about sealed indictments already issued, and marshals fanning out through DC. But that stuff gets forgotten apparently.

For fuck's sake -- people in the IC or other responsible positions who want to leak information aren't going to give it to a British ex-MP with a long history of wing-battery, or to a travel photographer (Claude Taylor) who makes his living at craft fairs and didn't know the basics about legal procedure as of a few months ago. They're going to give it to reputable journalists who work for reputable organizations.

by Anonymousreply 379August 3, 2017 10:14 PM

Kelly is running the country, Trump is running his mouth. Kelly is going to stay in lace and keep the lights on while everyone hides in their bunkers. Gen. Kelly has nothing to hide.

by Anonymousreply 380August 3, 2017 10:14 PM

[quote]Kelly is going to stay in lace

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 381August 3, 2017 10:15 PM

Isn't Trump's sister a federal judge? I wonder. Which Bush do we owe a debt of gratitude to for that appointment?

by Anonymousreply 382August 3, 2017 10:16 PM

I think trump's sister is relatively well thought of. Probably why you don't hear much about her

by Anonymousreply 383August 3, 2017 10:23 PM

[quote] Do you have any MSM articles talking about the Grand Jury indictments that were discussed? Because I only heard about this from Mensch/Taylor and everybody was saying that they were total idiots

You're a total idiot.

There aren't any 'Grand Jury indictments."

by Anonymousreply 384August 3, 2017 10:27 PM

R384 Talking to anyone who calls other people idiots is a waste of time, but I will try and ask you again. Any MSM articles that mention "Grand Jury" or "Grand Jury indictments"?

by Anonymousreply 385August 3, 2017 10:30 PM

Kelly is "in lace"? What does that mean in FBI talk? Something good I hope.

by Anonymousreply 386August 3, 2017 10:34 PM

Grand juries return indictments. It's just that Mensch and Taylor were claiming that they already had, months ago. "Sealed indictments," of course. That phrase should have a "may contain batshit" warning.

They're con artists.

by Anonymousreply 387August 3, 2017 10:35 PM

[quote]Kelly is "in lace"? What does that mean in FBI talk?

I'll never tell.

by Anonymousreply 388August 3, 2017 10:37 PM

[quote]You didn't see a bunch of journalists predicting that grand juries were imminent because journalism is actually a profession with standards and methods and professionals are held accountable for what they report.

Please. All cable news has done for months is tease us with the possibility of grand juries. You people can't be serious if you didn't think it would come to this.

by Anonymousreply 389August 3, 2017 10:39 PM

Tell that to Mama Cass r375.

by Anonymousreply 390August 3, 2017 11:06 PM

Does anyone have any links to back up he notion that we had this wave of MSM reporting on Grand Juries, and the "teasing" that has been going on for months?

Any linky stinky to back up the "Oh, bitch please" attitude?

by Anonymousreply 391August 3, 2017 11:36 PM

R382 Trumps sister, Maryanne Barry is a U.S. Circuit Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. I think she may have recently retired though. She was appointed by Reagan and then in 1999 she was elevated to the Appeals Court by Bill Clinton during his presidency.

I don't think Trump and his sister are actually estranged but she does stay out of all things Trump in order to protect her reputation. I mean, he has destroyed Jared and Ivanka. Anyone close to Trump eventually ends up looking bad. Once this whole charade comes to a screeching halt and is over, so are they. About 70% of voters disapprove of their roles in the WH, including some Republicans. Ivanka's product lines have been dropped by major retailers. She is being sued by a designer she copied from. Jared's past transgressions have been exposed. Their Washington, DC neighbors hate them. They're pretty much done after Trump is ousted. I don't blame his sister for maintaining some distance from him.

by Anonymousreply 392August 3, 2017 11:50 PM

I'd like to know who leaked the transcripts of the phone calls to the Mexico President and Australia! That has to be someone very high up in The White House? And someone who is trying to give the public proof that he lies like a rug!

by Anonymousreply 393August 3, 2017 11:57 PM

Trump has no friends, he will go to prison and most if us well celebrate. I hope I will still be alive to see it.

by Anonymousreply 394August 4, 2017 12:01 AM

R393 I know!! It's crazy that these transcripts were leaked. I actually can imagine Trump losing his effing mind over these leaks. They are from people VERY close to him. Keep 'em coming!

by Anonymousreply 395August 4, 2017 12:30 AM

This is what happens when you piss off the IC and bash the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 396August 4, 2017 12:35 AM

dailymail reporting supbeonas going out for don jr meeting w russians about "adoption"

by Anonymousreply 397August 4, 2017 12:41 AM

Its a witch hunt! Trump 2020!

What about The Average Native-born American?!

by Anonymousreply 398August 4, 2017 1:28 AM

[quote]Trump has no friends, he will go to prison and most if us well celebrate. I hope I will still be alive to see it.

At least he can be assured of the over-cooked food services at Federal prisons, but he won't be served steaks and ketchup, just fried bologna and ketchup. It should serve his dietary needs since they're virtually indistinguishable in the stomach mash the autopsy will report.

by Anonymousreply 399August 4, 2017 1:46 AM

Where would he serve time?

Would he have a whole gaggle of white supremacist deplorables making prison life easier for him?

Would he be like a deplorable mafia don?

The short straw would be his rapist. Jared's rapist would be a lottery.

I hope Melania gets custody of Ivanka's kids when she goes to the big house.

by Anonymousreply 400August 4, 2017 2:16 AM

Someone on MSNBC earlier speculated Kelly leaked the transcripts and I think they may be right. He's the babysitter until his ass is hauled out of the WH.

by Anonymousreply 401August 4, 2017 3:34 AM

If Kelly leaked, that would be good.

Dummy Trump is so stupid, he won't even be embarraed by his ridiculous self and his silly phone calls.

by Anonymousreply 402August 4, 2017 4:00 AM

House of cards is tumbling?

by Anonymousreply 403August 4, 2017 4:03 AM

No way Kelly is the leaker of those transcripts. He's an institutionalist and an idealogue. The leaker of those transcripts is someone disillusioned who believes our republic is at risk, likely someone in intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 404August 4, 2017 4:23 AM

I think all the leaks were intelligence or Prebius.

by Anonymousreply 405August 4, 2017 4:26 AM

Did Trump want Kellys in the Chief of Staff position or was he forced on him?

by Anonymousreply 406August 4, 2017 4:28 AM

If I worked in the White House, I would be leaking everything. I believe our country is in serious trouble. I would be willing to go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 407August 4, 2017 4:32 AM

How many people are dressed in lace? Just the General?

by Anonymousreply 408August 4, 2017 4:33 AM

Appears at least on subpoena is for Flynn. He'll be their weak point. He will talk...

by Anonymousreply 409August 4, 2017 4:33 AM

Jilll Stein

by Anonymousreply 410August 4, 2017 4:36 AM

Is there any chance Flynn ends up serving some time? What a sweet justice that would be after his "LOCK HER UP" chant at the RNC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411August 4, 2017 4:37 AM

That's a good question, r406.

And I assume the poster above who posted "in lace" meant "in place."

And I think Flynn has been talking which is how theu got the info to convene a grand jury.

by Anonymousreply 412August 4, 2017 4:37 AM

Leather and lace?

I have my own life and I am stronger

Than you know

But I carry this feeling

When you walked into my house

That you won't be walking out the door

Still I carry this feeling

When you walked into my house

That you won't be walking out the door

by Anonymousreply 413August 4, 2017 4:45 AM

Spicey is still in the White House for this month--he might leak. Plus it would be really out there to say, but given how outrageous and despicable Kellyanne Conway is, it would be an incredible cover if she were something like a double agent and actually leaking shit, since who would believe her of all people could leak against the guy she always defends. Much stranger things have happened, and truth, as we see, is stranger than fiction.

by Anonymousreply 414August 4, 2017 4:45 AM

Someone leaked they'd been subpoenaed

by Anonymousreply 415August 4, 2017 4:47 AM

Chris Cuomo grilled Kellyanne tonight on CNN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416August 4, 2017 6:51 AM

That was hardly a grilling, R416. Chris always lets his interviewees ramble and Kellyanne steamrolled him in that interview. That's why she agrees to go on air with him.

by Anonymousreply 417August 4, 2017 6:54 AM

I did mean " in place" not " in lace." Gen. Kelly doesn't seem like he'd go for something fun! Thank you R412. LOL!

My personal belief is that Trump was forced to take Kelly. They're not only trying to salvage his presidency They're trying to restore the appearance of stability. I would safely bet Mr. Trump was advised to get out of the WH and go on vacation for a few weeks. I had to laugh when they said it was "a working vacation." All Presidents take working vacations. But for Trump I guess it means he might go to a few rallies and burn up the internet with tweets. Maybe he ran out of executive orders to sign. There are powerful forces who are trying to keep the country from going in the shitter. I don't think people fully realize that our National Security is in danger. Serious danger.

by Anonymousreply 418August 4, 2017 2:08 PM

Chris Cuomo is an ass. I can't get past his personality. He's good looking but his personality is a real dealbreaker. No.

by Anonymousreply 419August 4, 2017 2:09 PM

[quote]I did mean " in place" not " in lace."

In that case r418, please disregard my request for pics.

R381

by Anonymousreply 420August 4, 2017 2:17 PM

I keep hoping something will happen but then I read stuff like this.

[quote]The dems have no viable candidate and they will reopen the hillary investigation right before the election and poof my chickens hatch. Trump is way smarter than the media gives him credit for and the people support him.

and realize that he still has idiots who really believe he's not a crook and wants to help MAGA and they are still harping on Hillary. They must jerk off to her.

by Anonymousreply 421August 4, 2017 2:22 PM

[quote]What a sweet justice that would be after his "LOCK HER UP" chant at the RNC.

MSNBC said that at yesterday's rally the crowd in West Viginia was chanting "[bold]Lock Her Up[/bold]" during various parts of his speech. Michael Flynn going to jail would be a sweet revenge indeed.

by Anonymousreply 422August 4, 2017 2:37 PM

I don't understand the continued Hillary circle jerk. These people are NUTS.

by Anonymousreply 423August 4, 2017 2:41 PM

Question: Is it possible that either the Australian Prime Minister or the Mexican President taped their conversations with Trump and one of them leaked the transcripts or do most you believe that someone in the White House leaked them?

by Anonymousreply 424August 4, 2017 2:51 PM

Because the GOP needs an enemy to rile up their base. Look at twhat the house is doing. They want to open the Hillary emails again and this time they want a special prosecutor like Muller but to investigate Clinton.

They will use Clinton to keep their base hungry for blood for the 2018 election. They must know Donald is going down and they don't want to be dragged along with him.

by Anonymousreply 425August 4, 2017 2:52 PM

[quote]They will use Clinton to keep their base hungry for blood for the 2018 election.

This.I.Do.Not.Understand. In 2018 Hillary will have be out and gone for years and they still want to rehash old shit. it's like they live in the past and can't come forward.

by Anonymousreply 426August 4, 2017 2:55 PM

I keep getting the feeling that something will happen at one of the rallies that will change things.

by Anonymousreply 427August 4, 2017 3:31 PM

Like what?

by Anonymousreply 428August 4, 2017 3:35 PM

R424, that's what I was thinking. Other world leaders regularly transcribe their conversations with us. It's standard operating procedure. We do to. But the Trump White House has been so reluctant to share any information that previous PResidents have provided, that they are leaking anything and everything including stuff that really ought to not be leaked. I would hate for Trump to be regarded as a victim. I would HATE for anyone to be able to say, "I can't stand him, but he's right about this."

Everyone gets excited about these leaks, and their world is so small all they can focus on is The White House. Or The Justice Department. But really there are dozens and dozens of people who could have access to that information or talk to people who have access. For example, do you think the Committees of both houses of Congress don't get transcripts of POTUS conversations with foreign leaders? Maybe the Committee on Foreign Relations does. Or Intel does.

The notion that Priebus may have leaked it is delicious to me. Or maybe he had someone cleaning out his office and they found a copy and leaked it. I find it hilarious that Trump can't trust his people. Think about the many many conversations Obama had with world leaders on the phone. There was never a transcript leaked. Ever. Eight years. As unpopular as Bush ended up being because of Iraq, Katrina, and the Financial Crisis, never not one time did any transcripts leak. But here's another idea:Maybe Trump caused them to be leaked. He's a master at this stuff. He would love to appear to be a victim and change the subject to illegal leaks. MAybe he believed they were harmless but salacious enough to get some attention.

by Anonymousreply 429August 4, 2017 3:53 PM

Lol I love all the bullshit dramatics on here about Mueller/Trump. This is going to go nowhere. Just face it we're being held hostage for the next 4 years. They'll find nothing, trust me. I can't stand Trumpty Dumpty but Mueller is wasting his breath. I wonder why Trump didn't have him pulled off from this since the beginning. It's like his sociopathic mind doesn't take this seriously....in a cocky way.

by Anonymousreply 430August 4, 2017 4:02 PM

R430 is a TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 431August 4, 2017 4:12 PM

R12 wake the fuck up! "Balance of power"....there is NO balance. Repubs. will do everything they can to keep this Orange Julius in office. They don't care about anything other than gutting what they can to get what they want. Seriously? If you can't comprehend these idiots not understanding you need to keep the poor healthy because who else is going to the work that they do? Then you are a fool.

by Anonymousreply 432August 4, 2017 4:14 PM

R430, you sound afraid. Are you afraid that Shitler is going down? I think you are.

by Anonymousreply 433August 4, 2017 4:17 PM

[quote] Lol I love all the bullshit dramatics on here about Mueller/Trump. This is going to go nowhere. Just face it we're being held hostage for the next 4 years. They'll find nothing, trust me. I can't stand Trumpty Dumpty but Mueller is wasting his breath. I wonder why Trump didn't have him pulled off from this since the beginning. It's like his sociopathic mind doesn't take this seriously....in a cocky way.

Right Mueller has assembled 16 of the best legal minds in the country, repeatedly widened the investigation (which now includes Trump's finances) and now impaneled a grand jury because "this is going nowhere".

by Anonymousreply 434August 4, 2017 4:30 PM

"One year into the FBI's Russia investigation, Mueller is on the Trump money trail

-- One year after the FBI opened an investigation, the probe is now managed by special counsel Robert Mueller. Sources described an investigation that has widened to focus on possible financial crimes, some unconnected to the 2016 elections, alongside the ongoing scrutiny of possible illegal coordination with Russian spy agencies and alleged attempts by President Donald Trump and others to obstruct the FBI investigation. Even investigative leads that have nothing to do with Russia but involve Trump associates are being referred to the special counsel to encourage subjects of the investigation to cooperate, according to two law enforcement sources.

---In the summer of 2016, US intelligence agencies noticed a spate of curious contacts between Trump campaign associates and suspected Russian intelligence, according to current and former US officials briefed on the investigation. James Comey, in his Senate testimony, said the FBI opened an investigation into Trump campaign-Russia connections in July 2016. The strands of the two investigations began to merge. In the months that followed, investigators turned up intercepted communications appearing to show efforts by Russian operatives to coordinate with Trump associates on damaging Hillary Clinton's election prospects, officials said. CNN has learned those communications included references to campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

---Since his appointment in May, Mueller has quietly gathered a team of more than three dozen attorneys, investigators and other staff in a nondescript office in Washington. Officials familiar with the probe describe it as akin to a small US attorney's office, with FBI agents and prosecutors assigned to separate groups looking into various aspects of the investigation. These include groups of investigators and lawyers focused separately on Russian collusion and obstruction of justice, as well as the investigations focused on Manafort and former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, according to a US official briefed on the investigation. Some of the investigators have been pulled from field offices across the country to join the Mueller team in Washington. Others left high-paying jobs at law firms. Many of the investigators have backgrounds in investigating fraud and financial crimes. There are 16 attorneys assigned to the probe, according to a spokesman for Mueller.

--- Even before Mueller was appointed, FBI investigators focused on four Trump associates: Paul Manafort, former campaign chairman, Michael Flynn, former national security adviser, Carter Page, cited by Trump as a national security adviser, and Roger Stone, a Trump friend and supporter who openly engaged with hackers calling themselves Guccifer 2.0, which US intelligence says was an online persona created as a cover for Russian intelligence agents. The approach to the Manafort and Flynn probes may offer a template for how investigators' focus on possible financial crimes could help gain leverage and cooperation in the investigation.

more at the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435August 4, 2017 4:41 PM

Jeff Sessions just told a room of reporters he may make it easier to jail them if they don't reveal sources, leaves without taking any press questions, (according to Ari Melber).

by Anonymousreply 436August 4, 2017 5:50 PM

Jeff Sessions is a little elfin faggot and he's going down too.

by Anonymousreply 437August 4, 2017 5:58 PM

"current and former officials briefed on the investigation." Tells me a lot of Congressional staff and whoever they talk to has access to a lot of information. You'll never plug up the leaks.

by Anonymousreply 438August 4, 2017 5:59 PM

June 16:

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich went out on a limb to predict "somebody" will be arrested and "probably" sent to jail for an unspecified crime related to the FBI's investigation into President Trump's campaign and Russian interference in the 2016 election.

"They're going to get somebody. I don't think they're going to get the president, but they're going to get somebody, and they're going to get him for something. And they're probably going to go to jail," Gingrich told Fox News host Sean Hannity on Friday evening.

Gingrich, who was once a top choice for Trump's running mate, said there are too many "high-powered" lawyers working in the special counsel's investigation "to go home without a scalp."

by Anonymousreply 439August 4, 2017 6:19 PM

Trump is too stupid to cover all of his tracks. He probably thought once he became president no one could touch him.

by Anonymousreply 440August 4, 2017 7:36 PM

this was re-tweeted on his Twitter:

FOX & friends‏Verified account @foxandfriends 7h7 hours ago More .@JudgeJeanine: There will be an uproar in this country if they end up with an indictment against a Trump family member just to get at POTUS

by Anonymousreply 441August 4, 2017 7:39 PM

Mueller is going after Trump and will probably get him on obstruction of justice and/or perjury if he is too stupid to plead the 5th.

by Anonymousreply 442August 4, 2017 7:47 PM

Sources confirm MULTIPLE grand juries in VA and DC.

Don't worry Judge Jeanine, there will be indictments for the whole family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443August 4, 2017 7:51 PM

Who will get indicted? Trump, Jared, Donald Trump, Jr? Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 444August 4, 2017 7:57 PM

Barron!

by Anonymousreply 445August 4, 2017 8:00 PM

[quote]There will be an uproar in this country if they end up with an indictment against a Trump family member just to get at POTUS

Isn't she a judge? With a knowledge of, ya know, the law? Does she not understand that if there is an indictment against a Trump family member, it's because they did something indictable? We're not talking about the People's Court; we're talking about the highest levels of American justice.

by Anonymousreply 446August 4, 2017 8:07 PM

Look with 30% of the country still supporting him, and we know there is always a hard core of about 24-28% who will go to their graves for him, yeah, there will be "an uproar" but not anywhere near where I'll ever hear it. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 447August 4, 2017 9:42 PM

I sincerely hope Mueller and his family have all the security they will ever need. Seriously. Because you're dealing with Russia and thugs and Vladimir Putin kills people.

by Anonymousreply 448August 4, 2017 9:43 PM

That right-wing radio guy Levin is calling the Russia probe a "coup" against the president. Last night POTUS said in his speech that he hopes the investigation is honest and that Dems are trying to deny Trump voters their right to have their elected president. The Trump base is being wound up to react very badly if Mueller hands down indictments. I'm worried.

by Anonymousreply 449August 4, 2017 9:44 PM

Now the White House is apparently not happy with McMaster, who has a huge loyal following in the defense and nat'l security arena.

There was speculation this morning that maybe the leaked Mexico and Australia phone transcripts came from the White House-- embarrassing as they are, the very leak is another slam against the biased media; senators from both parties deplore such unprecedented dangerous leaks; at least the blotus was standing up for himself

Note: only for himself. The leaks show no interest in how the US could help those allies.

by Anonymousreply 450August 4, 2017 9:58 PM

James Woods is also posting incitatory shit on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451August 4, 2017 10:16 PM

James Woods is an asshole. Fuck him and anything he tweets in between snorting his Friday night 8 ball.

by Anonymousreply 452August 4, 2017 10:26 PM

And btw, I am so fucking sick of people like James Woods. The man has made plenty of money, has had amazing career opportunities, and has been exposed to the world in ways that an uneducated, red neck hick, has not. He might even have a fucking college degree.

Unless the man has an IQ of 10, he surely knows that election results would not be reversed if the investigation found that Hillary lost as a direct result of voting machine tampering. Pence would be sworn in. And regardless of his fucking party affiliation, the man must also know that Trump is a horrible leader, and a complete disaster.

This asshole needs to grow some balls and tell the truth. The man who is our current POTUS doesn't have the qualifications, experience, or ability to run an ant farm, much less our country.

This shit is no longer about conservatives vs. liberals. This is about saving our Republic.

I hate it when assholes like Woods, who has certainly experienced tons of privilege, sit around tweeting shit indicative of some dumb fuck in some back Woods cabin in the Appalachians.

Grow the fuck up, Woods.

by Anonymousreply 453August 4, 2017 10:40 PM

Wikipedia says Woods went to MIT, however, did not graduate. LMAO!

How can anyone be intelligent enough to get in to MIT, and be stupid enough to support a know nothing clown for president?

Why don't you engage Trump in a basic physics conversation, James? He will have no idea what you are talking about, just like he has no fucking clue about anything else that actually involves his present job.

Just because you both like to chase teenaged pussy, doesn't mean that either of you should be POTUS. You VERY well know he is fucking useless, but you're a racist, and bigoted asshole, so you've aligned yourself to this shit show.

Unfuckingbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 454August 4, 2017 10:56 PM

Newt and Kellyanne were on tv today, both having been sidelined by His Fatness, trying to deride and defame Mueller and gain favor with their racket boss.

Most republicans with secure futures are running slowly away.

by Anonymousreply 455August 4, 2017 11:09 PM

R441 An uproar maybe, as the deplorables are posting comments such as "Expect civil war if anything happens to Trump over this witch hunt." But to put things in perspective, at this point, Trumps' approval ratings are down to 36%. The majority of Americans, close to 60%, want Trump and his family out. In addition, not all of the 36% who approve of Trumps' performance will have a strong reaction to him being impeached. They are clearly outnumbered.

by Anonymousreply 456August 4, 2017 11:13 PM

In order to have a war, civil, or otherwise, a minimum of two opposing parties, or participants, must be willing to engage.

These people are all crazy, bigoted, racist cunts, who are looking for ANY excuse possible to walk out of their homes with a gun or semi-automatic, and murder a black, a Hispanic, a Jew, or a Muslim. Don't forget the gays!

That's what this whole thing is really about for them. Their logic goes something like: "go ahead and find Trump or anyone in his family guilty of crimes against the United States, because if you do, I have every right to walk out of my house and shoot a spic, a nigger, a towel-head, or a fagot."

by Anonymousreply 457August 4, 2017 11:26 PM

^ Exactly. I lurk on their sites from time to time and they are as delusional and fucked up as it gets. Everything you said is 100% accurate and the same opinion I formulated months ago based upon their inane, ridiculous posts.

by Anonymousreply 458August 4, 2017 11:37 PM

Such losers. Weren't they also predicting civil war if Obama stole reelection? And a huge uprising if the "Benghazi" investigations didn't go their way?

But then it wasn't even close, and they went back to their pussy corners and just lashed out via the interwebs. Brave souls.

Judging from the crowd standing behind their fat God in WV last night, that army will not make it to the field

by Anonymousreply 459August 4, 2017 11:43 PM

r457 You are so fucking right it is scary. I lived among the deplorables in a god-foresaken corner of the Deep South and the rednecks used to tell me as much. "There are 20,000 white guys in this town just like me waiting for the chance to go into the streets and shoot some n-." The black people know that's what the rednecks think, too. (Sadly there was a tendency to assume all white people everywhere think that way.... who can blame them, really?)

The white people who bitch about Black Lives Matter need to go into those awful places and see the world the way that it is there.

by Anonymousreply 460August 4, 2017 11:52 PM

[quote]There will be an uproar in this country if they end up with an indictment against a Trump family member just to get at POTUS

If it really happens the celebrations around the country will be so huge, any uproar will pale in comparison.

I predict celebrations bigger than the ones in 2008 when Obama became POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 461August 4, 2017 11:55 PM

MSNBC on Hardball just now, so he fired the chief usher at the White House to replace with a guy from his own hotel? That job has traditionally been a lifetime gig from one president to the next

by Anonymousreply 462August 4, 2017 11:56 PM

[quote] That's what this whole thing is really about for them. Their logic goes something like: "go ahead and find Trump or anyone in his family guilty of crimes against the United States, because if you do, I have every right to walk out of my house and shoot a spic, a nigger, a towel-head, or a fagot."

Don;t they already feel as though they have that right, or maybe its just the ones who join their local police depts.

by Anonymousreply 463August 4, 2017 11:56 PM

Touché, r463.

by Anonymousreply 464August 5, 2017 12:15 AM

[quote] I predict celebrations bigger than the ones in 2008 when Obama became POTUS.

Trump's biggest crowds ever.

by Anonymousreply 465August 5, 2017 12:23 AM

R441, R456 ... What I find disturbing is that I believe Jeannine Piro, other Trump supporters, and of course, Trump himself, are attempting to encourage uproars by making those public statements.. That's exactly what Trump wants! (and it's exactly what Putin wants).

Think about Trump's campaign speech when he not so subtly encouraged 2nd Amendment people to go after Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 466August 5, 2017 12:35 AM

^ Yes, I agree. That is exactly what Trump wants. He also knows his cult fans are not only easily misled, but they are also easily riled up.

by Anonymousreply 467August 5, 2017 1:00 AM

100 to 1 Putin wants Trump to go away quietly more than anyone. He is not some all-knowing evil genius. He miscalculated with Trump. Putin's interest in the US is in access to financial institutions. It's where he parks a good chunk of money, if the press reports are to be believed. What he wanted from the Trumps was derailed a long time ago.

Even if Trump gets through the Mueller investigation unsullied (he won't), he will still be deeply entangled with other second-tier Russian oligarchs. If I were the Trumps I'd be worried about that. It seems unlikely anyone in that family has a full picture of the depths of their ties or what they mean for life after the White House.

by Anonymousreply 468August 5, 2017 1:08 AM

And as much as I want the pee tapes to come out, I don't think that the Russians would release them or do anything else to meddle in US politics for a while. Trump backfired on them big time. It's hard to see how they'd benefit from humiliating him now. Because even if the pee tapes led directly to Trump's downfall, sanctions are here to stay.

Of course maybe some rogue Pee Tape Robin Hood will release them and bring much joy and happiness to the world-- we can hope. But it won't be Putin.

by Anonymousreply 469August 5, 2017 1:15 AM

I agree with you, r468. Mueller's investigation has rendered Trump useless to Putin. But his meddling in our election was successful, and he will continue with those efforts.

Trump is the first in line. There will be more like him, and that candidate can come from ANY party, not just the Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 470August 5, 2017 1:15 AM

Is R471 a parody? I can't tell anymore.

by Anonymousreply 472August 5, 2017 1:20 AM

R471 can't tell either, r471. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 473August 5, 2017 1:24 AM

Oops: meant to say that r471 can't tell either, R472.

R471, we are not practically at war with China. If that were the case, you, and every deplorable would be scared shitless at this very moment, because our president has no idea what to do if that were to happen.

This is all BS, anyhow. Again, Chief of Staff, Kelly, is now in charge. The military would lock Trump up in a padded cell before allowing him to go to war with anyone.

He is done. It's over. He can go play golf all he wants and blow smoke up his own ass. The guy will never be involved in any real or critical decision making. All information is now being channeled via Kelly, meaning Kelly gets to decide what to tell Trump, not the other way around.

Everyone in DC actually gave this idiot a chance. Six months in, they all realized he was totally incompetent, enter Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 474August 5, 2017 1:33 AM

Say what you want about him, but I do not trust Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 475August 5, 2017 1:48 AM

I trust Kelly more than Trump!

by Anonymousreply 476August 5, 2017 1:49 AM

[quote]I trust Kelly more than Trump!

Can this be the theme of my new promos, boys? My Sunday show is tanking and I'm supposed to do a whole hour on Today starting in September! Please help!

by Anonymousreply 477August 5, 2017 1:57 AM

What I want to see is Obama's African birth certificate. Surely Trump has access to it now. Where are all the Obama haters now that it can be produced? *rolls eyes

by Anonymousreply 478August 5, 2017 2:08 AM

R476, that's not saying much.

by Anonymousreply 479August 5, 2017 2:11 AM

He will produce it at some time in the very near future, r478. That he can tell you. Next question.

by Anonymousreply 480August 5, 2017 2:14 AM

R472 It might be Jedidiah Bila posting her intellectual diarrhea .

by Anonymousreply 481August 5, 2017 2:18 AM

There's a pattern here. I think those transcripts were leaked deliberately by Trump. Sessions is cracking down on leakers, and using that to attack the press. This is part of a larger strategy They want the leaking to be the issue not the substance of the leaks. it's not working. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 482August 5, 2017 3:04 AM

Once again, Jeffrey Lord is explaining it all to Anderson Cooper and CNN viewers. Trump is doing a splendid job, just like Reagan. And there is no there, there, with regard to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 483August 5, 2017 3:36 AM

[quote]MSNBC on Hardball just now, so he fired the chief usher at the White House to replace with a guy from his own hotel? That job has traditionally been a lifetime gig from one president to the next

So were the jobs at the White House Travel Office, r462.

by Anonymousreply 484August 5, 2017 4:02 AM

Trump should be dead.

by Anonymousreply 485August 5, 2017 4:21 AM

Tool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486August 5, 2017 4:57 AM

Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson 43m43 minutes ago

Did you think it suspicious the Russians were *so* keen to say Manafort paid no attention at the 6/9 meeting? Me too.

2) "He was looking at his cell the whole time"? What sort of pathetic cover is that for the *rapt attention* he almost certainly was paying?

3) And don't forget media reports that Manafort called Priebus a week before the inauguration to tell Trump to "use what he had" on Clinton.

4) Sounds like an admission to me the Trump campaign received stolen property (i.e., Russian-stolen data) and that Manafort was a point man.

5) Now that Trump has fired Priebus, how quickly do you think Mueller is going to have him under oath asking about that call with Manafort?

6) [bold]We know from reports from two days ago that Mueller has an whole "Manafort team" in his operation. A whole team for one guy? Interesting.[/bold]

7) I think very soon we'll learn that the key question in the Russia probe is this: Will Paul Manafort snitch on others to protect himself?

8) Don wasn't part of the campaign—he didn't run the June 9 meet. Manafort, the Campaign Manager, did. After Jared suddenly excused himself.

9) Jared slinking out of what was obviously a key meet underscores it was dirty—the "Manafort on cell" line tells you Manafort ran the meet.

10) The idea Don would run a meeting for a campaign he didn't work on while Manafort noodled on his phone and Jared slunk out is just crazy.

11) Want to judge Manafort's willingness to lie? Well, before the RNC he lied on national TV about Russian meetings AND about their content.

12) The Russian op went live just after Manafort took over the Trump campaign, and Manafort orchestrated the Kislyak meet at the Mayflower.

13) Manafort had been living in Trump Tower for years—the idea Trump wanted Manafort to run his campaign and had idea of his past is lunacy.

14) So Slate's right to ask, in effect, "In a media environment that's allegedly wall-to-wall Russia, why isn't it wall-to-wall *Manafort*?"

15)[bold] If I wanted to—and allowing anonymous but reliable sourcing for major-media reports—I could tell the "collusion via Manafort" story NOW[/bold].

16) Manafort's past; and what he did as campaign manager; and what he did after; and what Mueller has now is a COMPLETE collusion narrative.

17) Someone will tell the full story soon—Manafort at Trump Tower; the Mayflower Hotel; the RNC lies; the call to Priebus; the foreign cash.

18) The moment I saw Mueller had an entire team dedicated just to Manafort's activities, his status as not just target but TARGET was clear.

19) I know millions of Americans saw Manafort on TV that first time and said, "Why, he's just a cartoon criminal!" You may have been right.

20) My advice: double-down on following any news stories—even very old ones—about minor points of Manafort's activities. It'll MATTER. {end}

PS) [bold]Yes, as some of you have said, the only way "Manafort on cell" makes sense is if it was an open line... with Mr. Trump on the other end.[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487August 5, 2017 8:02 AM

Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson 43m43 minutes ago

Did you think it suspicious the Russians were *so* keen to say Manafort paid no attention at the 6/9 meeting? Me too.

2) "He was looking at his cell the whole time"? What sort of pathetic cover is that for the *rapt attention* he almost certainly was paying?

3) And don't forget media reports that Manafort called Priebus a week before the inauguration to tell Trump to "use what he had" on Clinton.

4) Sounds like an admission to me the Trump campaign received stolen property (i.e., Russian-stolen data) and that Manafort was a point man.

5) Now that Trump has fired Priebus, how quickly do you think Mueller is going to have him under oath asking about that call with Manafort?

6) [bold]We know from reports from two days ago that Mueller has an whole "Manafort team" in his operation. A whole team for one guy? Interesting.[/bold]

7) I think very soon we'll learn that the key question in the Russia probe is this: Will Paul Manafort snitch on others to protect himself?

8) Don wasn't part of the campaign—he didn't run the June 9 meet. Manafort, the Campaign Manager, did. After Jared suddenly excused himself.

9) Jared slinking out of what was obviously a key meet underscores it was dirty—the "Manafort on cell" line tells you Manafort ran the meet.

10) The idea Don would run a meeting for a campaign he didn't work on while Manafort noodled on his phone and Jared slunk out is just crazy.

11) Want to judge Manafort's willingness to lie? Well, before the RNC he lied on national TV about Russian meetings AND about their content.

12) The Russian op went live just after Manafort took over the Trump campaign, and Manafort orchestrated the Kislyak meet at the Mayflower.

13) Manafort had been living in Trump Tower for years—the idea Trump wanted Manafort to run his campaign and had idea of his past is lunacy.

14) So Slate's right to ask, in effect, "In a media environment that's allegedly wall-to-wall Russia, why isn't it wall-to-wall *Manafort*?"

15)[bold] If I wanted to—and allowing anonymous but reliable sourcing for major-media reports—I could tell the "collusion via Manafort" story NOW[/bold].

16) Manafort's past; and what he did as campaign manager; and what he did after; and what Mueller has now is a COMPLETE collusion narrative.

17) Someone will tell the full story soon—Manafort at Trump Tower; the Mayflower Hotel; the RNC lies; the call to Priebus; the foreign cash.

18) The moment I saw Mueller had an entire team dedicated just to Manafort's activities, his status as not just target but TARGET was clear.

19) I know millions of Americans saw Manafort on TV that first time and said, "Why, he's just a cartoon criminal!" You may have been right.

20) My advice: double-down on following any news stories—even very old ones—about minor points of Manafort's activities. It'll MATTER. {end}

PS) [bold]Yes, as some of you have said, the only way "Manafort on cell" makes sense is if it was an open line... with Mr. Trump on the other end.[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488August 5, 2017 8:03 AM

Sorry about the double posting. I hit enter twice... and it posted twice.

by Anonymousreply 489August 5, 2017 8:04 AM

Paul Manafort is not going to fully cooperate. Of all those involved he is most tied to long standing Russian corruption . This guy is a pro. He won't crack. He will only say what he must, he will not give us anything. Manafort is a serious Russian operative. Flynn is another story. Flynn may crack. Flynn was in it for money and power. All Manafort wanted was money.

I think Priebus is going to shit himself telling everything he knows. He is dirty. He got Russian money. Paul Ryan got Russian money and so did Mitch McConnell. The media is going to be monitoring that grand jury like flies on horseshit. I'm looking forward to the day Ryan is forced to testify. He will take the 5th and then the prosecutors will share his bank records with the Grand Jury.. LOL!

Wonder when Nunes will resign? He is talking tough now, following the script, but these people are men of weak character so they will crack soon enough. For me, it will be most interesting to see how far the web of Treason goes.. Yes. We're talking about treason.

by Anonymousreply 490August 5, 2017 12:07 PM

^ Paul Manafort certainly doesn't plan to cooperate but I think eventually he will either crack or contradict himself, the latter being much more likely.

Psychopaths, when under extreme pressure, eventually contradict themselves. They lack the ability to compartmentalize and organize their thoughts in a way that a normal person can. So they are known to slip-up and contradict themselves, sometimes even when not backed against the wall and under extreme pressure. Psychopaths do band together but are also known to turn on each other at times, and they also have a trail of victims and lots and lots of enemies going pretty far back. I am sure that at least one (highly credible) one will turn on him.... so there's all of that too.

by Anonymousreply 491August 5, 2017 1:03 PM

R491, I believe of all that nest of vipers Manafort is the smartest, and the toughest. He also gives the FBI the impression he is cooperating because he is following the advice of attorneys and sharing certain records with them. He knows they will get them anyway so why not generate some goodwill, give the appearance of cooperation and compliance and try to get the best deal he can.

The MO of everyone involved at this point ought to be obvious:First you lie. Then, when you are confronted with the facts you start confirming them a little bit. YOu give up only what you must and not one syllable more. But first, you always lie.

by Anonymousreply 492August 5, 2017 1:16 PM

Manafort would be the most likely to run, too. He is comfortable out of the country.

by Anonymousreply 493August 5, 2017 1:32 PM

^ True & ^ True

Also, all psychopaths are pathological liars, skilled in the art of deceit. Their expertise is covering their tracks and manipulating their way out of crimes, which is why the majority of psychopaths are not behind bars where they belong and are free to live and work among us. And breed.

by Anonymousreply 494August 5, 2017 1:44 PM

Manafort will turn up dead. Expect it.

by Anonymousreply 495August 5, 2017 1:47 PM

I would much rather see Trump doing The Perp Walk that ends with a prison sentence than dead.

by Anonymousreply 496August 5, 2017 1:51 PM

I've read the tweets posted on DL from Seth Abramson and I checked out his twitter feed. I don't get it. What is his insight? Literally anyone can play connect the dots between the factoids reported on the Trump investigation. All Seth Abramson seems to add is bitterness that no one "important" is listening to him.

by Anonymousreply 497August 5, 2017 1:56 PM

r430 is what we call a concern troll.

What's the matter concern troll? scared much? lol

by Anonymousreply 498August 5, 2017 2:14 PM

Correct R498!

by Anonymousreply 499August 5, 2017 2:51 PM

I love reading the insights on this site. Are there message boards or web sites where people go for inside info? Nosy news whore that I am, I would love to hear about them.

by Anonymousreply 500August 5, 2017 3:04 PM

R500 if you're a "news whore" you need to start going on twitter and start by following a few sites. I'd recommend Raw Story, Daily Beast, Daily Kos, Politico, Axio, and Vox.com for starters. Scott Dworkin Joy Reid, Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, Malcolm Nance, and certain reporters who are doing a good job are on twitter. I also follow CNN, MSNBC, and the NYT and Washington Post. Newsweek is also pretty good. If you watch the NEws on any of the reputable stations you will often see some specialist they have on their panel discussions. If you see someone who is smart and knowledgeable then start following them. Even Dan Rather has a twitter account. it's not that difficult. Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone, David Corn, Mother Jones, The Nation, etc. I can't see how you'd characterize yourself as some "Nosy news whore" and not be aware of these. The point is. Most of the sites I've listed are pretty mainstream, and we need to accustom ourselves to the fact that there are credible news sources online. Not everything online is credible, but these are.

by Anonymousreply 501August 5, 2017 3:17 PM

You all realize that this investigation is just another distraction for the GOP to do their dirty work while you're not looking. They are filling judicial appointments with conservatives who will favor big corporations and rule against consumer protections and environmental regulations.

by Anonymousreply 502August 5, 2017 3:24 PM

Thanks R501! I actually do follow the sites and twitter feeds you mention, esp Daily Beast and Mother Jones etc. . But people here seem to have info that's not in the mainstream. I was looking more for sites like democratic underground, which might have some off the wall stuff but also seems to have inside info.

by Anonymousreply 503August 5, 2017 3:28 PM

[quote]You all realize that this investigation is just another distraction for the GOP to do their dirty work while you're not looking.

You're assuming that Congressional Democrats can only do one thing. So far, they've been as successful as they have the power to be which, regrettably, isn't nearly as much as I would like.

[quote]They are filling judicial appointments with conservatives who will favor big corporations and rule against consumer protections and environmental regulations.

There isn't much that Democrats can do about this while Republicans control the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 504August 5, 2017 3:28 PM

[quote]I was looking more for sites like democratic underground, which might have some off the wall stuff but also seems to have inside info.

The problem with those sites is that for every nugget of truth, you have to wade through 10 nuggets of complete bullshit. And figuring out which ones are credible and which ones aren't is sometimes impossible.

by Anonymousreply 505August 5, 2017 3:29 PM

R501, I am not familiar with Axio. Do you mean Atrios?

by Anonymousreply 506August 5, 2017 3:30 PM

[quote] All cable news has done for months is tease us with the possibility of grand juries.

I haven't heard/seen one cable news outlet tease us with the possibility of grand juries for months.

Please show us those months-long teases.

by Anonymousreply 507August 5, 2017 3:35 PM

Manafort has connections to the establishment Republican Party. He was previously an adviser to the U.S. presidential campaigns of Republicans Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, and Bob Dole.

by Anonymousreply 508August 5, 2017 3:37 PM

After a lengthy investigation, Radar can expose Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, 68, as a tawdry adulterer — who wore his wedding ring while romping with his 33-year-old mistress in the bedroom he shares with his wife, Kathleen!

by Anonymousreply 509August 5, 2017 3:38 PM

Axios is a news site about politics that was founded recently by Mike Allen who was behind the success of Politico for years. it's very good. And Mike Allen always had insider information. As a general observation a lot of the reporters who covered the campaign or who have been around D.C. for a while are the ones with the best sources. Right now, "inside information" is leaking everywhere. So the credible news sources are still the best ones to follow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510August 5, 2017 3:40 PM

Scott Dworkin has been terrific about breaking news that ends up in the mainstream media a few weeks later. He is really an amazing researcher. He's been after Trump for a while. he was covering this stuff when no mainstream outlet would touch it last year during the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 511August 5, 2017 3:42 PM

[quote] They are filling judicial appointments with conservatives who will favor big corporations and rule against consumer protections and environmental regulations.

Oh, so these appointments are being made because "we're not paying attention"? It has nothing to do with the fact that the GOP controls the presidency and both houses of Congress, which means that the president gets to pick appointees/nominees and Congress gets to approve nominees?

Gee, who knew my "attention" has so much power as to override the executive and legislative branches of government?

by Anonymousreply 512August 5, 2017 3:43 PM

In fairness to that poster, R512, I suppose he's thinking that we should be publicizing the extremist views of these judges far and wide in hopes that a narrative will begin that will do some good. It's a pretty far out long shot, though, given that Democrats just don't have the megaphone that Republicans currently have.

by Anonymousreply 513August 5, 2017 3:49 PM

R501 Are you me? lol Those are all the news sites AND twitter feeds I visit. Malcolm Nance is my favorite. I also check Louise Mensch's twitter feed. I know she is not always reliable, (and it most likely nuts), but some of her more outlandish claims have ended up being true.

by Anonymousreply 514August 5, 2017 4:13 PM

^^ is

by Anonymousreply 515August 5, 2017 4:13 PM

P.S. I also recommend CNN's Reliable Sources which airs Sunday mornings. Brian Stelter reports on the Media angle of events and often has great stuff about Fox News and how they are deliberately misinforming their viewers about the Russia investigation - stories you WON'T hear on Fox News!

by Anonymousreply 516August 5, 2017 4:17 PM

I haven't read through this thread, but when you have loathsome, deplorable sheep who have gotten to the point that they will shit on someone like Mueller who has devoted his life to serving this country, and they do it on behalf of someone who is about as repulsive a person as you can get and who has sacrificed nothing and only knows how to TAKE, then you no longer qualify as an American and sure as hell not remotely patriotic. You're an asshole who should be holding a placard in a North Korean stadium preparing for the part where you hold it up to create a giant picture of Dear Leader.

by Anonymousreply 517August 5, 2017 4:21 PM

I hope Newt Gingrich is reading this!

by Anonymousreply 518August 5, 2017 4:25 PM

Bradd Jaffy of NBC News does a good job of aggregating news on his Twitter feed. Plus he's really cute. 😙

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519August 5, 2017 4:25 PM

[Quote] You all realize that this investigation is just another distraction for the GOP to do their dirty work while you're not looking.

How do people get so stupid?

Hon, we've been looking. But doggone it, they still done they dirty work. How? (Wails) How can they do this dirty work even while we're looking?

Oh, i know! Because the constitution says they can, and there's nothing we can do about it.

This idiot must be the same person who has been saying for months, "Why isn't he being impeached? What's wrong with the democrats that they havent impeached him yet?"

The same idiot who tells us we have to admit Louise Mensch must be right because Mensch nsisted months ago that sealed indictments were being handed down. No matter that grand jury needs to be convened first, and then that jury needs to hear evidence before bringing an indictment. No, no. Louise Mensch said there were sealed indictments MONTHS AGO, before any grand jury was convened. She's a jeeny us!

No doubt this is the same person who keeps posting her insipid dreams because, like, they seem so, like REAL! You know? Will her dreams come true? What does it mean? What does it mean when she has such dreams, because like, umm, does anyone else have scary or weird dreams ever?

And the same person who begs for bedtime stories of the supernatural. Like, has anybody ever seen a ghost? Or something eerie like a UFO? Or has anyone ever just FELT eerie? Or had an eerie dream? TELL!

The same person who reads GoT threads the day after the hbo broadcast and demands "no spoilers!" from last night's episode.

And btw, can she have some magic santeria spells please, because she has no friends and has a shitty job with nasty co-workers who make her feel bad. TIA!

by Anonymousreply 520August 5, 2017 4:29 PM

Conflict???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521August 5, 2017 4:40 PM

The pee pee girls disappeared and cannot be found. Hopefully, they are OK.

by Anonymousreply 522August 5, 2017 4:41 PM

Sickening, R521

by Anonymousreply 523August 5, 2017 4:43 PM

Trump keeps going to West Virginia to address deplorables. This state gave him the highest percentage of voter support.

Sorry WVU, you'll never be in the ACC, SEC, or Big 10.

by Anonymousreply 524August 5, 2017 4:56 PM

And consistently in the top 10 states on the fed. teat, R524.

It should be illegal for anyone collecting welfare to vote Republican. How fucking dare you, moochers?

by Anonymousreply 525August 5, 2017 5:06 PM

I was reading an article today in the Times about the varied movements in his own party to primary him for 2020. They increasingly see him as a liability. If 2018 goes poorly, he will be a complete persona non grata.

by Anonymousreply 526August 5, 2017 5:14 PM

Thanks everyone for the info! Reading this site gives me hope that not all is lost. And it's really hard not to feel that these days.

by Anonymousreply 527August 5, 2017 5:35 PM

No Friday night twitter meltdown?

by Anonymousreply 528August 5, 2017 6:02 PM

[quote] Rich people don't go to jail in America.

Bitch say what?

by Anonymousreply 529August 5, 2017 6:08 PM

[quote]No Friday night twitter meltdown?

He's still listening to Kelly. I give it another week.

by Anonymousreply 530August 5, 2017 6:09 PM

R500, I only have real insight about people who I actually know, or have met. I don't post about my friends, but every now and then, I'll offer up some "insight" on either people who I believe are truly decent human beings, or about some people who are truly fucked up assholes.

by Anonymousreply 531August 5, 2017 6:15 PM

I actually wondered if Kelly forcibly removed Tiny Tot's cellphone R530.

by Anonymousreply 532August 5, 2017 6:27 PM

R532 He may have made it a condition of his service that Trump drastically cut down on its usage. Trump REALLY wanted Kelly, so he may made several concessions to him.

by Anonymousreply 533August 5, 2017 8:04 PM

R503 someone linked this twitter feed here a couple of months ago and it seems a lot of people use it similar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534August 5, 2017 9:22 PM

File under "Datalounge IS my LIFE"

Fact: I was the head cater waiter at Louise Mensch's wedding. One of my fellow co-workers that day recently connected the dots for me: You remember that wedding, right? Me: Sure! Him: That was Louise Mensch! Me: Ohmygawd!

It was lovely as were the bride, groom and guests. The main thing I recall is we served little newspaper cones of fish and chips which were absolutely delicious.

by Anonymousreply 535August 5, 2017 9:43 PM

Russia turning on trump -- Putin is the one man who can most easily destroy trump and that is tge bifpggest danger in this whole debacle

By the way, the headline news feed I posted at r534 includes alll the twitter accounts mentioned above

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536August 5, 2017 9:44 PM

I see the deranged LM hater is on this thread too. FYI, the indictments that you claim couldnt possibly happen because there was no GJ.....LM and CT were both stating at the time they mentioned the sealed indiictments that a GJ was impaneled in SDNY and EDVA.......something that was eventually proven TRUE months later by MSM. So fuck off hater.

by Anonymousreply 537August 6, 2017 5:34 PM

Jesus, R537, acronymize much?

by Anonymousreply 538August 6, 2017 5:48 PM

I haven't posted about Louise Mensch. I follow her but she sometimes she's a bit off her rocker. She's quite obsessive (she says she's been diagnosed with adult ADHD) She's gotten into some weird, unnecessary spats with other NeverTrumpers to the point they've asked her not to address them again. I've noticed Rick Wilson no longer retweets her.

by Anonymousreply 539August 6, 2017 6:32 PM

As long as we're throwing out our favorite Twitter accounts, I can't believe Kyle Griffin hasn't been mentioned. He's on top of everything.

I also like Clint Watts, Richard Painter, Peter Daou, Molly McKew, Rick Wilson, Jon Cooper, and Benjamin Wittes, to name a few. Some other less mainstream accounts I follow are Adam Khan, Polly Sigh, Mr. Smith, and Puesto Loco. I would put them in the same group as Claude Taylor/Seth Abramson - always take with a grain of salt, but they post some interesting stuff. Louise is just too annoying and batshit for me.

by Anonymousreply 540August 6, 2017 7:13 PM

R540 - Great list! I follow all of them. Recently Scott Dworkin and Yashar Ali retweeted a couple of my tweets and now I have a lot more followers. I find twitter to be a lot more interesting and fun than facebook, especially during the Trump regime.

by Anonymousreply 541August 6, 2017 7:44 PM

Trump was sued about blocking Twitter members. Even though a judge ruled against him, he will still block anyone who disagrees with him.

Why are our courts so lousy and weak against the lowlife criminal, Trump?

by Anonymousreply 542May 23, 2018 8:25 PM

R542 They just give him a slap on the wrist and a warning to pacify us. The courts don't really give a shit.

A good portion of the court system is run by psychopaths and sociopaths. They stand up for each other.

Last year Ivanka was being sued (this went on all of last year) for blatant trademark infringement. The evidence, of which there was plenty of, was right in front of your face. She had copied many products, not just that one Italian (Hettie) shoe. Yet she got off lightly. She refused to attend the deposition (as if attendance is an option, but then for Ivanka I suppose it is) and instead of attending she threw them a million or so, even though the Plaintiff's sued for much more, plus damages. She got off very lightly. And chances are she's never even paid the Plaintiffs the minuscule amount she was court-ordered to pay. Just didn't bother.

For the most part the courts don't care about justice or right and wrong. Think Scott Peterson. The wife killer, and women and child beater/abuser, who gets an $8K monthly retirement pension from the police force that he should have been fired from. They are just appeasing us with this latest on Trump and his Twitter-blocking antics. Nothing will happen when Twitler continues blocking and silencing other Twitter members. Not a day goes by where I don't wish that he'd die in his sleep.

by Anonymousreply 543May 23, 2018 9:02 PM

Deja Vu?

by Anonymousreply 544September 25, 2019 4:41 AM

R542 Twitter should be required to unblock all users on his account and disable the block feature so he can’t use it.

by Anonymousreply 545September 25, 2019 4:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!