Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bad Faye Dunaway movies, she will possibly discuss.

The Faye Dunaway thread had me thinking. She hates the discussion of "Mommie Dearest." What other terrible performance could you bring up to annoy her? I'll go first, "I loved you in 'Supergirl!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2018 2:50 PM

Both Faye Dunaway and Mickey Rourke made a big comeback in "Barfly", her best movie in years. No big nominations but it put her back on the Hollywood map.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2017 9:49 PM

That shitfest she did with Marlon Brando and Johnny Depp. Christ, that was worse than Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2017 9:50 PM

The one where she plays the kidnapped church lady. Aimee Semple McPherson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2017 9:55 PM

[quote]That shitfest she did with Marlon Brando and Johnny Depp. Christ, that was worse than Mommie Dearest.

You mean the one that was going on during the Lloyd Webber stupidity?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2017 10:12 PM

That shitty Kusturica movie she was so brilliant in, that was the hit of all the Europe and Cannes, but not well sold in this country.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2017 10:20 PM

Her very special guest role in Road To Avonlea.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2017 10:21 PM

I'll give $100 to anyone who has the guts to walk up to Faye and mention "Dunston Checks In" to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2017 10:25 PM

LOL R7, she would lie thru her caps and deny she was ever in that one.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2017 10:42 PM

Eyes of Laura Mars is a 1970s campfest.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2017 10:44 PM

I wish she'd just own "Mommie Dearest" the way Patty Duke eventually accepted "Valley of the Dolls". Think of the huge gay audiences she would get for "A Night With Faye: Hollywood Royalty".

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2017 10:47 PM

Faye really enjoyed doing "Dunston Checks In". In fact, she loved that movie so much that she took her simian co-star's photo to her plastic surgeon and said "That's what I want!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2017 10:51 PM

R11 Very funny.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2017 10:54 PM

R-11 ROFLMAO!

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2017 10:58 PM

When I'm at the butcher shop and Faye is there trying to push her way in demanding, "Excuse me, but where is the VIP express cashier. I'm in a hurry!" I always smile and jump up and down and tell her how much I love her and that her acting in THREE FACES OF EVE was the best.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2017 11:04 PM

Never seen "Hurry Sundown" but I hear it's pretty bad.

I loved "Puzzle of a Downfall Child"

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2017 11:05 PM

I know this is about bad movies, but I can't help but saying how much I enjoyed her in 'Oklahoma Crude', 'The Three Musketeers' and 'The Four Musketeers'. When Jane Fonda was on 'Watch What Happens Live', and her comment about Faye was 'sad', I couldn't help but agree. To be at the top of the game, as she was, and to then be turned into a mockery, is sad, even if she largely did it to herself.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2017 11:28 PM

I loved supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2017 12:15 AM

[quote] I enjoyed her in 'Oklahoma Crude', 'The Three Musketeers' and 'The Four Musketeers'.

Oh, me too. And she dominates every scene she's in, in all three. That rind of neurosis worked well for her.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2017 12:23 AM

Remember the big lawsuit back then because "Three..." and "Four Musketeers" were crafted out of the footage from the same shoot -- so the actors weren't getting paid for two movies, just one. They fought back en masse. Wonder if that set the precedent for the "Lord of the Rings" thing and their pay.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2017 12:36 AM

Never heard that r19,not saying it isn't true. But trying to turn this thread into something about LOTR is so fifteen years ago. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2017 1:11 AM

Oh, honey, you're talking to one of the few in the world who can't get through a "Lord of the Rings" movie. But the "Musketeers" thing is true and Faye was front and center in that lawsuit (Raquel too). It's biz talk.

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2017 2:14 AM

Whatever you say "kipper" or is it "nat". ??????

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2017 3:26 AM

R19, Just a few years earlier, Richard Donner's Superman and Superman II were shot at the same time although the actors weren't aware of what was going on. There were similar suits, the primary one being by Brando as Superman's father. The suits were settled but the legal precedents were complicated. The producers reshot large parts, but far from all, of Superman II with Richard Lester directing and Susannah York as Superman's mother replacing Brando in his scenes as Superman's father.

(Years later, a "Donner Cut" of Superman II was released but it had to include some Donner screen tests and some Lester footage as Donner had only been able to shoot roughly 75% of Superman II before he was fired from the project.)

At any rate, Alexander Salkind was the producer who had tried the same trick with both Superman and The Three Musketeers. All actors' contracts now include what is called the "Salkind Clause" which spells out in detail how many films the actor is being paid for.

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2017 3:58 AM

^ Have to correct myself. The Three Musketeers preceded Superman. But producer Alexander Salkind tried the same stunt on both productions finally resulting in the "Salkind Clause" in actors' contracts to protect them from such shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2017 4:12 AM

The actors knew on Superman they were making two films. Before II was completed the Salkinds ordered the focus be on releasing I to see if it would be a success. It was and work was finished on II, though some declined to return e.g. Gene Hackman. Brando wanted more money so his footage was not used in II.

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2017 11:21 AM

Thanks r11 -- that was a look up Faye's ravaged nostrils I did NOT want.

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2017 11:40 AM

Her absolute worst is Arizona Dream (1993) with Johnny Depp

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2017 12:38 PM

[quote]But producer Alexander Salkind tried the same stunt on both productions finally resulting in the "Salkind Clause" in actors' contracts to protect them from such shenanigans.

Sorry to derail this thread, but I find this interesting. In all the years that movie contracts have been around, nobody thought to put in a clause that said footage may be used in only one movie?

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2017 12:45 PM

I was the only TRUE star of Road to Avonlea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2017 9:53 PM

Do you think her being difficult is what killed her career?

by Anonymousreply 30June 12, 2017 1:10 AM

Why I never!! She was an absolute delight!

by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2017 1:54 AM

Beverly Hills Madam!

by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2017 2:19 AM

Check out her sizzle reel from "Cougar Club"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2017 5:55 AM

#iconic

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2018 2:44 PM

R34=Cunt

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2018 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!