Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever felt sorry for a celeb?

I know we all love to gossip about them, but was there ever a time you saw them said," oh man that poor bastard? "

For me it was Christopher Reeve. What happened to him made me cry .

by Anonymousreply 262April 15, 2019 4:50 PM

Yeah, that was rough.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2017 12:39 AM

I felt sorry for Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Although she was never known as a nice person, she suffered for far too long and never deserved to be used as a publicity stunt by the odious Prince von Asshole. At last, her suffering is over. And may HE rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2017 12:41 AM

when hounded by the papparazzi, like michelle williams after keith

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2017 12:49 AM

What is the Prince up to nowadays now that he's been evicted from the Gabor home?

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2017 12:51 AM

Yes, it's awful how untalented Glenn Close is. Makes me cry (from laughing) every single night.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2017 12:56 AM

Steve Gleason, the football player who contracted ALS. The opposite of a dumb jock, an outspoken advocate for gay rights and a cutie in his day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2017 12:57 AM

Britney Spears in 2007.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2017 12:58 AM

Chris Farley

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2017 12:59 AM

Gilda Radner

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2017 1:00 AM

Kathy Griffith, poor dear

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2017 1:00 AM

You mean Andy Griffith's daughter?

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2017 1:03 AM

Jennifer Hudson when a bunch of her family was killed in Englewood, Chicago. Fucking horrific.

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2017 1:03 AM

R12 agree - that was so horrifying, I honestly don't know how she overcame that grief.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2017 1:04 AM

Jennifer Hudson was aquitted.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2017 1:06 AM

I'm with R7. She was genuinely going through some kind of mental health "episode" and people were mercilessly cruel. Craig Ferguson had a great monalouge about it.

I don't think Griffin deserves all the grief she is getting, but ... I don't fell "sorry" for her. She is a savvy person. She knew what she was doing. She will be fine (after 1-2 years).

Dixie Chicks.

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2017 1:12 AM

I don't think Kathy will be R15. How can she go back to the same comedy she is known for after that disastrous press conference?

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2017 1:14 AM

The worse Trump gets (and he WILL get worse) , the better she'll look.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2017 1:18 AM

Robin Williams

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2017 1:19 AM

Only once

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2017 1:20 AM

Roy Orbison. Poor man, his beloved wife died in a motorcycle accident, then two years later, two of his three kids died when his house burned down. Two tragedies in two years - that's rough.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2017 1:23 AM

Ken Wahl. Career destroyed. Lives with severe back pain.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2017 1:26 AM

John Travolta - he did it to himself. Just come out already.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2017 1:27 AM

John Wilkes Booth. Ruined his career.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2017 1:35 AM

R14 LOL! I'm in tears from laughing !

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2017 1:37 AM

Lindsay Lohan. Never had a chance with those parents.

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2017 1:38 AM

Roy Orbison. His first wife died in a motorcycle accident in 1966, then in 1968 his two teenage sons died in a house fire. Then he died from a heart attack at the peak of his comeback in 1988.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2017 1:57 AM

Oops, didn't see R20 for some reason. Forgive!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2017 1:59 AM

Christ. The shitting OP "cried" over Reeve but calls him a "celeb"?

Very respectful, Miss Humanity.

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2017 2:01 AM

Jennifer Grey when she got her nose job. Who ever thought that fixing a jewish schnoz could end up being the biggest fuck up of your life ? And I have to say , her old nose looked better .

Tori Spelling . I'm sorry , I know she needs to manage her money but she's struggling and her mom's being a cunt as usual . My mom has always been a cunt to me but whenever I needed money she gave it . And my family doesn't have any money .

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2017 2:05 AM

Reality Winner

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2017 2:09 AM

R28 He is a celeb, dumbass. And I will shit in your mouth .

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2017 2:11 AM

Robert Sepúlveda Jr. (not a celebrity kind of in my warped world). I did write him a sweet email, and he wrote me back. Love him! Told him more or less never let em' see you sweat. We all have dark secrets).

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2017 2:18 AM

I feel sorry for Angelyne - apparently she's pretty much lost her mind and lives in her own little world where she's 20-years old and a world-renowned star. These days she pretty much makes her living by selling T-shirts from the trunk of her Corvette and by being a moocher (apparently she makes people who talk to her in restaurants or gas stations pay her bill too).

That Shelley Duvall story from last year was sad too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2017 2:26 AM

Norbert Leo Butz' lesbian sister and companion were raped and murdered.

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2017 2:27 AM

Sharon Tate

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2017 2:30 AM

I saw Jimmie "J. J." Walker in the supermarket in the late 70s. Children followed behind him calling out, "Dyn-o-mite!" Almost everyone who saw him also cried out, "Dyn-o-mite!" He waved at everyone and was a good sport, but his body language screamed misery and exhaustion. It was the first time I ever realized there was a down side to fame. As a twelve-year old, I pitied him.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2017 2:33 AM

Britney Spears. She was a sweet kid out of Texas; maybe not the sharpest or the most talented but people were just...fucking hateful, VICIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2017 2:35 AM

r21 Ken Wahl is a scumbag. Save your tears.

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2017 2:37 AM

R37, Britt is from Louisiana, dearie.

by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2017 2:44 AM

R39 She was actually born in Mississippi, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2017 2:50 AM

Some

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2017 2:51 AM

Whitney Houston. Her fall from grace was tragic to watch. And then her daughter followed suit.

by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2017 2:51 AM

Susanna Foster's story was a really sad one:

[quote] There followed years of living on and off welfare, and from hand to mouth. While trying to ensure her children were fed, she also attempted to help her alcoholic, widowed mother and mentally unstable younger sister. Foster, too, suffered depression and had problems with alcohol. In 1982, in order to save rent, she lived in her car at the beach in California. She was rescued for a while by a film fanatic, who let her share his squalid apartment, and she later cared for him when he lost his sight. In 1985, her younger son, who had become a drug addict, died of liver failure. Her surviving son, Michael, brought her back to the east coast, where she spent the last years of her life living in a nursing home. Remembering her glowing screen performances only adds extra poignancy to her tragic decline.

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2017 2:56 AM

marilyn monroe

judy garland

sharon tate

robin williams

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2017 3:00 AM

Vivian Leigh with her crippling mental illness and too-young death.

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2017 3:01 AM

Hoagie Carmichael

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2017 3:02 AM

griffen and tatum o'neal. with a 'father' like ryan they would have had more of a chance as abortions.

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2017 3:03 AM

What was the name of that actress who was found mummified in her apartment months after her death?

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2017 3:03 AM

Taylor Swift for being the bearding queen. Not a celebrity... yet?

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2017 3:04 AM

R48

Yvette Vickers

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2017 3:07 AM

R48 Margaux Hemingway

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2017 3:07 AM

Rebecca Schaeffer

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2017 3:08 AM

Suzan Ball' life was short & tragic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2017 3:09 AM

R51 Margaux Hemingway was found marinated, not mummified.

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2017 3:10 AM

Phil Hartman

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2017 3:12 AM

I felt sorry for Debbie Reynolds when Carrie died.

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2017 3:14 AM

George Michael. Lost his partner, mother, dignity, and career in the 90s - then spent the next 20 years trying to lose himself.

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2017 3:15 AM

I feel bad for Kathy Griffin. I think so much shit is being dumped on Trump and Co - she is the scape goat they have been waiting for.

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2017 3:16 AM

Heather O'Rourke.

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2017 3:18 AM

Actress Gene Tierney. She starred in Laura and was so gorgeous. A fan came to an event to meet her, she had German measles and infected Tierney, who was early in a pregnancy at the time contracted the German measles. Her unborn baby suffered severe damage as a result and was institutionalized after her birth. Tierney also suffered from manic depression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2017 3:18 AM

Whitney Houston maybe, I know she herself was guilty of her downfall and her drug problem and she wasn't really the sharpest tool in the shed, but I somehow think if she had been the daughter of, say Diana Ross, instead of Cissy Houston, I am sure she still would be alive.

All those hypocrites and leeches in her family were her downfall.

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2017 3:19 AM

gene tierney

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2017 3:19 AM

Frances Farmer. Had a promising career but ended up in a mental hospital getting raped and lobotomized.

Same with Rosemary Kennedy , but that lobotomy permanently damaged her.

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2017 3:20 AM

Felt more sorry for her daughter ^.

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2017 3:20 AM

Bobby Brown got Whitney hooked on crack..He killed her.

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2017 3:21 AM

Whittney's daughter, that is.

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2017 3:21 AM

Bobby did not hook Whitney on crack, Whitney had the money, they both wanted to use it, to blame Brown for Whitney's decision to use hard drugs is insane.

by Anonymousreply 67June 6, 2017 3:23 AM

Was Chris Cornell responsible for his downfall, or you only flog Whitney for hers. I noticed all the love for Chris, but heaps of scorn for Whitney, who had more in common with you boys than Chris. Being closeted and all.

by Anonymousreply 68June 6, 2017 3:25 AM

R63 Frances Farmer was not lobotomized.

by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2017 3:25 AM

R63, Frances did not have a lobotomy, nor was raped in the mental hospital. All lies made up by William Arnold in "Shadowland". Arnold is a Scientologist. Here is a great piece that refutes his POS bit by bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 6, 2017 3:26 AM

I have felt bad for some of the "celebrities" mentioned here - with Christopher Reeve practically winning this thread to me (may not be the most sensitive phrasing - sorry). Since Roy Orbison is a celeb whom I haven't paid much attention to throughout my life - and whose life I've been almost completely unfamiliar with - I haven't had the chance to feel empathy for him - but my goodness, now that I know...

by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2017 3:26 AM

I felt bad for the members of Heatwave, Force MD's, and Hi-Five. Those groups dealt with untimely deaths, money problems, and/or paralyses.

I generally feel bad for anyone who ends up paralyzed or disfigured.

by Anonymousreply 72June 6, 2017 3:27 AM

what was 'wrong' with Margaux Hemingway is flat out mental illness. The Hemingway's were loaded with it. She apparently went

off her meds.......she never got the proper 'help'. There is another DL thread on her that is quite interesting...

The decedent was observed laying on a queen size bed, covered, box springs on the floor and against the east wall of the room. To the left of the decedent is a large coffee table. The table appears to be set up as an altar. On all four corners of the table is approximately one teaspoon of salt.

Artwork is leaning against the wall that the back of the table. An empty vase is in front of the artwork, a small vase just to the right contains still fresh white flowers. Two white unburned candles in the shape of a human figure are centered, with a long tapered white candle just behind.

Another white unburned candle is to the left. The candles are inside a circle enclosed by a white ribbon, which has a small rectangular pendant hanging from it, and engraved with a lightening bolt. Just below are 3 more pendants, with one more pendant below those. Incense has been burned and located just below the pendants.

A religious book is just outside the circle and to the left. On either side of the table are books appearing to be of eastern religion. A horseman chess piece is laying on its side just outside the circle. There were pieces of notebook paper shaped in a heart with the words, "Love, healing, protection for Margot forever." To the left of the bed is a brown teddy bear.

The fridge is unplugged, and there were 8 bottles of Becks and an open bottle of champagne in it.

Here's the gory stuff: Margot is observed laying in a supine position on the bed, and covered with heavy blankets up to her chin. When uncovered, her arms are stretched out and pillows are under each knee. She is only wearing a white T-shirt (Fruit of the Loom, size 46-48), which was stained with post-mortem purge fluid. She has moderate post-mortem decomposition consisting of skin discoloration and slippage. The body is distended by gas. No trauma is visible.

From the drugs found on the premises, and the autopsy, they concluded that she died of acute Phenobarbital intoxication. 10 times the recommended dosage was found in her. Suicide. She was only 41

by Anonymousreply 73June 6, 2017 3:28 AM

R68 hit the nail on the head. I feel sorry for any black celebrity. Because sooner or later it seems the powers that be eventually ends up coming after them.

by Anonymousreply 74June 6, 2017 3:30 AM

save you pity for those more deserving, white boy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 6, 2017 3:33 AM

Actress Maia Campbell - a great beauty gone mad. Compared to poor Maia - Britney Spears has seemed quite normal and in control. It has been well known for years that Maia Campbell is sick with bipolar disorder (or some say schizophrenia) - her mother (late author Bebe Moore-Campbell) even wrote a novel that was based on Maia's struggles with the illness.

An infamous video went viral that shows Maia in the throes of her illness (her "friends" in this video are scum - but right or wrong, they documented Maia's hell):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 6, 2017 3:34 AM

amen, brother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 6, 2017 3:35 AM

Corey Haim

by Anonymousreply 78June 6, 2017 3:37 AM

Susan Weaver. No Oscars, no Emmys, no Tonys. Just those two Golden Globes. LOL. Why does she even bother?

by Anonymousreply 79June 6, 2017 3:40 AM

Joey Heatherton. It seems every straight guy wanted her and she marries a fucking pedophile. What a fucking blow to your ego. I don't know if she was a hot mess before that, but she is definitely certifiable now.

by Anonymousreply 80June 6, 2017 3:41 AM

R79 Sigourney sends her love from the set of Avatar.

by Anonymousreply 81June 6, 2017 3:44 AM

I've sometimes felt sympathy for Tiger Woods - even before last week.

by Anonymousreply 82June 6, 2017 3:47 AM

Rock Hudson

by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2017 3:50 AM

I have to say Paul Walker from the Fast and Furious movies . Maybe not a big star but he was young and hot. His death was just gruesome .

by Anonymousreply 84June 6, 2017 4:03 AM

The rest of the Gene Tierney story is allegedly that years later Tierney met the fan again and the woman told her that she had always been such a devoted follower she had once pulled herself out of her sickbed with German measles to meet her and had even kissed her on the cheek. Agatha Christie worked the story into one her mystery novels; I forget which one, maybe a Miss Marple?

by Anonymousreply 85June 6, 2017 4:13 AM

R85, the film was "The Mirror Crack'd" with Elizabeth Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 86June 6, 2017 4:21 AM

as was the agatha christie marple story on which the movie was based

by Anonymousreply 87June 6, 2017 4:23 AM

Marilyn Monroe.

by Anonymousreply 88June 6, 2017 4:28 AM

[quote] For me it was Christopher Reeve. What happened to him made me cry .

As my dear departed grandmother once told me, "Never waste tears on a closet case."

by Anonymousreply 89June 6, 2017 4:35 AM

Fuck you, R89

by Anonymousreply 90June 6, 2017 4:36 AM

ditto

by Anonymousreply 91June 6, 2017 4:37 AM

[queen] As my dear departed grandmother once told me, "Never waste tears on a closet case."

So why was that cunt crying for a week after that fruity grandfather of yours died?

by Anonymousreply 92June 6, 2017 4:40 AM

When I read about how Prince's son died a few days after birth from Pfeiffer syndrome type 2, also known as Cloverleaf skull.

by Anonymousreply 93June 6, 2017 4:53 AM

Anton Yelchin, who played Chekov in Star Trek films. He died in such a stupid way.

All the Manson victims. None of them deserved that.

Robin Williams, he really had a kind heart. After he passed, many stories came out of random things he did to help strangers.

Designer L'Wren Scott. Jagger was in the process of throwing her away for a younger body when she offed herself. It just seems sad she felt she had nothing else to live for.

by Anonymousreply 94June 6, 2017 4:53 AM

Olivia after Xanadu opened.

by Anonymousreply 95June 6, 2017 5:07 AM

R95 Michael Beck after Xanadu opened .

by Anonymousreply 96June 6, 2017 5:08 AM

Kurt Cobain

by Anonymousreply 97June 6, 2017 5:18 AM

Glenn Miller, Buddy Holly, Patsy Cline, Otis Redding, Jim Croce, Rick Nelson, Aaliya, Walter Hyatt, most of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

by Anonymousreply 98June 6, 2017 5:20 AM

Karen Carpenter. Dominique Dunn.

And I third Rebecca Schaeffer.

by Anonymousreply 99June 6, 2017 5:20 AM

I wouldn't be human if I hadn't OP.

by Anonymousreply 100June 6, 2017 5:22 AM

Bobbi Kristina Brown, with Whitney and Bobby as her parents, what chance did she have?

by Anonymousreply 101June 6, 2017 5:31 AM

I've felt sorry for Lady Gaga ever since the day she decided she was an "artist", not a pop star.

by Anonymousreply 102June 6, 2017 5:53 AM

Brad Renfro. Sexually abused before he was even a teenager, causing his descent into darkness.

by Anonymousreply 103June 6, 2017 5:55 AM

Gary Coleman. He never grew because he suffered from an undiagnosed kidney disease. Had he been diagnosed much earlier, he could have had treatment and normal growth.

by Anonymousreply 104June 6, 2017 5:56 AM

Christopher Reeve. It struck me as a terrible tragedy. That said, I was just reading the JFK Jr thread and it struck me how similar the two situations were. I know a number of horsemen and women who competed in and/or trained for the competition that caused his paralysis. Much like what is said about JFK Jr, Reeve was not yet ready for the course he chose to pursue. Whether it's planes or horses, you have to respect the dangers involved and treat them with a particular sort of respect. Not blaming, just saying that the level of experience in both cases coupled with choices beyond their skill and experience cost them.

I feel for his son, who lost both parents at such a young age. That saddens me most of the high profile celebrity deaths.

While I don't like Kelsey Grammar's politics I respect his acting history. His childhood sounds awfully hard, then his sister was assaulted, raped and murdered when he was a young man. It seems he buried himself in drugs and alcohol for decades, and other demons seem to have haunted him alongside any understandable earlier life trauma.

There are others on this thread to whom I give a thumbs up for sharing lesser known sad celebrity stories. Life can just be hard, never delivering perfect timing, maybe some grace, and if lucky, an opportunity to climb out of tragedy for the long haul.

by Anonymousreply 105June 6, 2017 6:14 AM

Amanda Bynes. She seems to be getting help, but man, was it vicious for a while.

by Anonymousreply 106June 6, 2017 7:17 AM

Rita Hayworth. So little was known about Alzheimer's back then and everyone accused her of being crazy or a drunk.

One of Hollywood's true beauties.

by Anonymousreply 107June 6, 2017 7:27 AM

[quote] "I have to say Paul Walker from the Fast and Furious movies . Maybe not a big star but he was young and hot."

He got hotter.

by Anonymousreply 108June 6, 2017 7:50 AM

R21, you can feel sorry for him, but the man is a racist and a homophobe. Bette Midler called him out on it after they made that bomb called JINXED. He casually told her how much he hated blacks and gays.

by Anonymousreply 109June 6, 2017 8:02 AM

I'm going to add Ann-Margret just this week. Her beloved husband Roger Smith passed yesterday. He suffered with the nerve disease Myasthenia Gravis for years and was in a wheel chair the last couple of years. They just celebrated their 50 year wedding anniversary May 8. They had no children and were devoted to each other but being alone at this age must be hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2017 8:10 AM

I fucking love R108.

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2017 8:34 AM

Farrah Fawcett

Poor thing, she had overnight fame, but non of the success after Charlie's Angels. Except maybe the Burning Bed. Had a horrible personal life with wife beating Ryan Oneal. Son in jail, and horrible death from anal cancer. She died the same day as Micheal Jackson yet he got all the medial attention, hardly a peep about her in the media. She did a really good documentary on her last days of trying to fight cancer, very brave but very sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2017 8:36 AM

Btw, Paul Walker might have been young and pretty, but he was also a freaking pederast.

When he died, he was 40 and his gf 23... but they had been together for SEVEN YEARS, which means they dated when he was 33 and she was only 16!

And he apparently also dated another 16-y.o. girl when he was 28.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2017 8:43 AM

[quote]When I read about how Prince's son died a few days after birth from Pfeiffer syndrome type 2, also known as Cloverleaf skull.

If, like me, you've never heard of this syndrome, do yourself a favour and DO NOT google it!

Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 114June 6, 2017 8:50 AM

I feel sorry for Taylor Swift. Could never seem to keep a man.

by Anonymousreply 115June 6, 2017 8:52 AM

[110] I thought about adding Ann Margaret as well....my sentiments.... exactly!

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2017 8:59 AM

[quote] "Btw, Paul Walker might have been young and pretty, but he was also a freaking pederast. When he died, he was 40 and his gf 23... but they had been together for SEVEN YEARS, which means they dated when he was 33 and she was only 16! And he apparently also dated another 16-y.o. girl when he was 28."

He obviously deserved to burn to death in a car, then.

by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2017 9:16 AM

Bob Crane

Carl Switzer

Ona Munson

Carole Landis

Erin Moran

Natalie Cole

by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2017 9:48 AM

Natalie Wood and Grace Kelly both deserved to live longer.

by Anonymousreply 119June 6, 2017 10:00 AM

Jon Erik Hexum. A beautiful man inside and out who died tragically, and so young.

by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2017 10:48 AM

Patrick Duffy after both of his parents were murdered in cold blood.

by Anonymousreply 121June 6, 2017 10:51 AM

A celeb? Not really. I mean....I felt sorry for that poor white lady who got her face eaten off by her best friend's 200-pound pet chimpanzee. I believe his name was Travis, and he was on anti-anxiety medication. Apparently, the dosage wasn't high enough.

by Anonymousreply 122June 6, 2017 11:18 AM

R109, Ken Wahl never said such a thing. Begone, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 123June 6, 2017 11:31 AM

R114 I should have listened to you...ewww

by Anonymousreply 124June 6, 2017 12:44 PM

Trash at r123, why would Bette make that up? She's a lot of things, but a liar ain't one of them...kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 125June 6, 2017 12:46 PM

Asshole @125, I've googled your preposterous suggestion and could find no evidence of Bette Midler OR Ken Wahl ever having said that bullshit, ever.

by Anonymousreply 126June 6, 2017 12:52 PM

Yeah, R125, where is your evidence that Bette Midler actually said that.

by Anonymousreply 127June 6, 2017 12:53 PM

Olivia Newton-John

by Anonymousreply 128June 6, 2017 1:01 PM

Yeah agree [R128]. Mysteriously disappearing hubby, loony daughter, and now her cancer has returned.

by Anonymousreply 129June 6, 2017 1:04 PM

R106 I felt sorry for her too. She was a really nice kid who grew into a woman with serious mental issues. As someone who works in mental health I knew early on her problem wasn't drugs, but that people would assume it was. She's schizophrenic, so it's going up be a hard life for her. Hopefully the meds they give her provide her with some sort of balance, but she'll never be the same.

by Anonymousreply 130June 6, 2017 1:06 PM

Linda Darnell, dying at 43 from burns suffered in a house fire.

by Anonymousreply 131June 6, 2017 1:10 PM

After discovering DL, I began to feel sorry for L. Evans, L. Pace, J. Kortajarena, G. Harold, C. Haynes, T. Hiddleston and all other others who have insane frau stalkers flocking to DL to share the latest photos from the actor's cousin's kids birthday party that the actor may or may have been at.

It's one thing if you're Brad Pitt or George Clooney and have armies of PR people and security to protect you from these crazies, but none of those guys are at that level.

Though, TBH, the number of those stalker frau threads has decreased dramatically over the past year that I've been on here.

by Anonymousreply 132June 6, 2017 1:16 PM

r129 I fell sorry for her too. And what makes it worse is that as a parent surely you wouldn't want to die knowing that you have a kid whose life is a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 133June 6, 2017 1:47 PM

Dana Plato. If you read her bio, her life was a string of hardships and disappointments from the very beginning. Born to an unwed teen and given up for adoption, offered the iconic Reagan role in the Exorcist but forced to turn it down by religious nut mother, written out of her most successful role after getting knocked up, resorted to softcore porn and robbery, and then killed herself shortly after a Howard Stern interview where she was insulted by callers. Then years later, her son also kills himself.

by Anonymousreply 134June 6, 2017 1:49 PM

R134 for the win. So tragic.

by Anonymousreply 135June 6, 2017 2:04 PM

There's so much myth surrounding Marilyn Monroe's life that it's impossible to separate fact and fiction.

But if there's any truth to the awful things that Norma Jean is said to have gone through, than I do feel deeply sad for her.

It's well-established that she had an awful childhood and was abandoned by a mentally ill mother and grew up in foster homes and an orphanage. But I also once read that she spent practically her whole life being raped and sexually abused. One story goes that as a little girl, she was once caught stealing fruit by a store owner, who then forced her to blow him as "payment" (hope it isn't true).

And then there's the web of conspiracy theories surrounding Marilyn and the Kennedy brothers (that they once drugged her unconscious, then posed and photographed her naked body for blackmail purposes).

What makes it worse was that by all accounts, Marilyn was a gentle and humble soul.

by Anonymousreply 136June 6, 2017 2:12 PM

[quote]Trash at [R123], why would Bette make that up? She's a lot of things, but a liar ain't one of them...kill yourself.

Midler made "Jinxed" with Wahl. EVERYONE hated her on the film including the director. See "Beaches" for the scene where CeCe punches out the director based on "Jinxed". The director of photography hated her and lit to look as bad a possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 6, 2017 2:35 PM

Amy winehouse! A lousy dad and blinded by love.

by Anonymousreply 138June 6, 2017 3:10 PM

Heath Ledger - nasty separation from his wife and never got anywhere near achieving his screen pitential.

by Anonymousreply 139June 6, 2017 3:19 PM

But at least he could spell... *potential...

by Anonymousreply 140June 6, 2017 3:20 PM

I feel sorry for all of them.

by Anonymousreply 141June 6, 2017 3:27 PM

Ann Curry. Lauer was such a manipulative jerk, pretending to care and comfort her on her final, tearful appearance on Today.

by Anonymousreply 142June 6, 2017 3:57 PM

Curry is a nasty piece of work herself and has zero journalistic credibility. I worked with her at KCBS and she made up at least two stories while on location.

by Anonymousreply 143June 6, 2017 4:04 PM

Not a celebrity in the conventional sense but Sylvia Plath.

by Anonymousreply 144June 6, 2017 4:05 PM

Sandra Bullock. She wins the Oscar and it's supposed to be her greatest moment. Immediately following, the tabloids break the story of her husband cheating on her, and we find out he's a serial cheater. Their entire life is unending tabloid fodder, plus it's suddenly revealed that she is adopting a child when she had been trying very hard to keep it as secret as possible. So instead of being able to enjoy an amazingly glorious achievement, she has to deal with humiliation, heartbreak, and unexpectedly take great steps to protect her newly adopted child. Had she not won, her life might not have been destroyed in such a public and humiliating fashion. Another irony is that most agree she didn't deserve it. It was a better-than-average performance in a very hokey movie. She was most likely honored because of her years of professionalism and just the fact that she's universally well-liked. It was obvious from her acceptance speech that even she didn't think she deserved it. I bet she wishes she hadn't won, at least not that year.

Another irony is that she's shown she's capable of giving an Oscar-worthy performance. It just wasn't this performance.

by Anonymousreply 145June 6, 2017 4:20 PM

I feel sorry for celebrities who suffer tragedies, they're human beings after all. Paul Michael Glaser, lost his wife and child to Aids Pierce Brosnan, lost his wife and daughter to ovarian cancer Bob Geldof (even though I dislike him as a person) lost his daughter Peaches to drug addiction. Peaches herself, who lost her mother as a child. I'm sure there are many more. I feel for anyone who loses a loved one. I've always felt sorry for River Pheonix, I remember seeing a programme about the children of god sect and the sexual abuse that many of the children suffered. At the end there was a memorial ceremony with a list of names of those who had died and his name was one of them. It stayed in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 146June 6, 2017 5:02 PM

R145, Bullock broke the news of her adoption herself with a People magazine cover, which no doubt had been in the works for weeks. She did manage to keep it quiet (during her Oscar campaign, which I genuinely admire). The news of her second adoption leaked, but she didn't confirm it until it was a done deal and AFTER she finished promoting a film that bombed. I also admire the fact that she didn't use the second adoption to sell her film, which had been tracking poorly.

by Anonymousreply 147June 6, 2017 5:21 PM

I was in shock when she died, as well as the rest of the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 6, 2017 5:21 PM

There are so many celebrities who have suffered from tragedy and misfortune, it's astounding! Is it a reflection of the general population or do you think they suffer more because there visibility made them vulnerable?

by Anonymousreply 149June 6, 2017 6:27 PM

I've felt sorry for Richard Simmons for a long time and not sure why. I get the feeling he's suffered alot of bullying in his lifetime and it never quite healed.

by Anonymousreply 150June 6, 2017 6:36 PM

Bette Davis to have suffered a stroke and breast cancer and have an ungrateful cunt daughter write a horrific tell all, was devastating to her. BD Hyman bit the hand that fed her and kept her living a life of freeloading luxury for years. Don't know how the beast can look herself in a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 151June 6, 2017 7:12 PM

Michael Jackson - for pretty obvious reasons that have been mentioned several times in the past

Lee Thompson Young - who was most famous for playing the lead on The Disney Channel's "The Famous Jett Jackson" - who committed suicide in 2013. His Wikipedia states that he had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder - and was suffering from a depressive episode - at the time of his death. I guess child stars already can struggle to adjust when they are not as successful as they once were (and their previous status doesn't carry much weight - or can even be a disadvantage - when they become adults) - but when you add actual mental illness to the mix, then it greatly compounds the situation.

by Anonymousreply 152June 6, 2017 7:14 PM

As a gymnastics fan, I have felt bad for Dominique Moceanu - who - as a *child* athlete - had extensive exposure to both a maniacal, malignant narcissist for a gymnastics coach, and a maniacal, brutal, abusive father. The poor girl just didn't get a break - when she went home from her sweatshop of a gym, she had to deal with her pushy, abusive father.

She seems to have become a remarkably composed and functional adult - all things considered. She seems much more well-adjusted than one might expect. I'm sure that she may have lingering issues and psychological damage - but she seems to cope effectively with her baggage. Heck - even some of us who had "normal" childhoods become psychologically-damaged adults.

But at least she can say that she reached great heights in gymnastics - she reached the very top, and received rewards/accolades/glory. There are athletes who had to put up with f-cked-up coaches and/or parents who didn't experience anywhere near her success.

by Anonymousreply 153June 6, 2017 7:31 PM

Ian Thorpe. One of the world's greatest athletes whose transition to (early) retirement has been marked by depression and anxiety and fear of coming out (though he has now).

Hopefully he can get it all together and enjoy the rest of his life soon.

by Anonymousreply 154June 6, 2017 8:51 PM

Theresa Saldana, when she was almost stabbed to death by her stalker.

by Anonymousreply 155June 6, 2017 8:58 PM

Ever since I was a kid I've felt sorry for child actors, child sport stars and kids in pageants. I even feel sorry for those kids that talk shows trot out as some weird novelty act who can do something inane like sing the star spangled banner backwards. And the kid has to pretend that they love it. Because of course what kid doesnt want to play tennis/practice their lines/play piano for 12 hours a day every day at the expense of their entire childhood and education. Even as a kid I knew their life sucked and they must have pretty shitty parents.

by Anonymousreply 156June 6, 2017 9:09 PM

Keanu Reeves during the sad Keanu meme time once I realized that he has all the reasons to be depressed .

by Anonymousreply 157June 6, 2017 9:21 PM

Don't feel too sorry for Angelyne, [R33]. About two weeks ago I saw her driving down Sunset Blvd. (near Sunset and Vine) on a Saturdat night in her pink corvette with a hot young guy in the passenger seat (and I didn't get a "friend" or employee vibe from the situation either). Angelyne looked pretty happy!

by Anonymousreply 158June 6, 2017 9:35 PM

*Saturday night (not Saturdat)

by Anonymousreply 159June 6, 2017 9:36 PM

R158 It was probably one of the contest winners - you see, there are boxes in certain LA stores where you can put your name in if you want to win a "free ride with Angelyne". Angelyne picks a new winner almost on a daily basis and most of these "winners" had pretty much the same experience - Angelyne drives them around town and makes them buy food for her, pay for petrol, wash her car...Read the horror story written by one of the "winners" posted below. Now why would I feel sorry for such a shameless moocher?! Well, it's obvious that she's mentally ill and is probably surrounded by a bunch of people who aren't willing to get her the much needed help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 6, 2017 9:49 PM

Bobby Driscoll. Died a heroin addict in tenement.

by Anonymousreply 161June 6, 2017 10:15 PM

Anissa Jones from Family Affair. Died of a drug overdose at 18 years old.

by Anonymousreply 162June 6, 2017 10:25 PM

Freddy Mercury. He was the most genius musician in our times. And Bohemian Rhapsody was my first piece of rock music I've discovered on my own. Saw him a couple oft times during his time in Munich. Met him personally (well, we he was in the same Club in Munich called Old Hendersen with bis BFF, Barbara Valentin). Him dying with AIDS was painful.

by Anonymousreply 163June 6, 2017 10:26 PM

Robin Williams because he always made me laugh.

Also, I feel sorry for all the young, gay closeted actors who feel they need to remain closeted to maintain a career.

by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2017 1:22 AM

DL hates him but I've been a Larry King fan for many years. He seems like a good guy who would be mortified if he hurt a fly.

I felt bad for him when some scumbag "artist" stole King's family garbage and made "art" out of it. One of the items included in the "art" was an empty package of adult diapers. Larry shrugged it off but I felt bad for him.

by Anonymousreply 165June 7, 2017 1:28 AM

I never heard that story R165. Years ago he had a show on the radio from California. I'm in Arizona, but when it was cold out you could get his station. I use to fall asleep listing to him. I've always liked him.

by Anonymousreply 166June 7, 2017 1:31 AM

I once saw him getting off the DC Acela train about 14 years ago. He was all by himself walking through the station. He looked small and frail. That is a terrible story R165 people continuously surprise by the malice they are capable of.

by Anonymousreply 167June 7, 2017 1:43 AM

R161 Bobby Driscoll is an especially sad story of a child actor. It's a mystery why parents think pimping their kid out to Hollywood will end well, even now that they know that so many of these kids end up miserable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 7, 2017 5:48 AM

Susan Tyrrell and her bilateral below knee amputations.

by Anonymousreply 169June 7, 2017 5:52 AM

Patrick Duffy when his parents were murdered. Wondered how one picks up the pieces in public. A family member of mine was murdered months before, and it took many years to be able to say Merry Christmas again.

by Anonymousreply 170June 7, 2017 8:12 AM

Dave Foley, for having to put up with an ape shit ex-wife after a lopsided divorce. He got shafted with post-divorce payments when he was on the down side of his career. You can tell it's affected him financially ever since.

by Anonymousreply 171June 7, 2017 8:18 AM

R170 I knew two people whose family members were murdered - a friend whose sister was stabbed to death in NYC during a purse snatching and another friend whose elderly grandparents were murdered in a burglary at their home. The murder victims were all people whose lives wouldn't ordinarily put them in any high risk of danger, so the randomness of their deaths made it much more traumatic for their survivors. Neither of my friends or their families recovered from the deaths. I can't imagine how brutal it must be to be a high profile celebrity going through such traumatic loss while under ongoing public scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 172June 7, 2017 3:53 PM

Gabriel Aubrey, Halle Berry' ex-baby daddy who got assaulted by Olivier Martinez. AND then he gets arrested! It's bad enough getting beat like that but then his poor face was everywhere.

To make matters worse, you would see OM walking around with a smile and his hand in a brace. I can't even imagine if his daughter Nahla saw her dad like that.

Public backlash was swift and now HB and OM careers took a nosedive, as well as their marriage..

by Anonymousreply 173June 7, 2017 7:28 PM

When the Two Corey's aired, it was heartbreaking to see Haim. He was clearly damaged and his desperate attempts at getting another acting job were just sad.

by Anonymousreply 174June 7, 2017 9:04 PM

Linda Darnell - she was a beautiful and talented 1940's actress at Fox; she unfortunately drank too much but was getting her career back again when she was severely burned in a house fire - she was already out, but she returned either to rescue two children staying in the house who were already rescued, or the more likely scenario - she wanted to save the cash (maybe a few thousand) which was all she had left.

by Anonymousreply 175June 7, 2017 9:12 PM

I should add Linda Darnell was alive and cursing as the firemen rescue her and took her into the ambulance, but she died from the burns a few days later.

by Anonymousreply 176June 7, 2017 9:14 PM

Rebecca “My Sister Sam” Schaeffer, who was shot and killed after answering her front door to an obsessed, deranged fan.

by Anonymousreply 177June 7, 2017 9:20 PM

I'm always amazed how these stalkers find the address of these celebrities R177. It is not like her apartment would be on one of those tours.

by Anonymousreply 178June 7, 2017 9:24 PM

Really, R178? You're amazed that people going about their daily lives in plain sight can be found? It's not like she was in the witness protection program. FFS, back then she was probably listed in the phone book.

by Anonymousreply 180June 7, 2017 10:37 PM

R177, her stalker paid a private investigator in Arizona (where he lived) $250 find her home address, claiming he was an old friend & wanted to send her a gift....or some such shit. The P.I. got her home address through California DMV records, which was absurdly easy to do, back in 1989. (In 1994, the Driver's Privacy Protection Act was passed, preventing DMVs from releasing people's addresses).

by Anonymousreply 181June 7, 2017 10:43 PM

I remember WAY back when my social security number was on my license and on my paychecks. I think it might have been on my library card too, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 182June 7, 2017 10:45 PM

Rebecca was not a major celeb when she was killed, she lived in an apartment building right off the street. No huge mansion with armed security. She got more attention by being murdered, than she did when she was alive.

by Anonymousreply 183June 7, 2017 10:45 PM

To the *ickhead who is [R179]: not only are you pathetic, you have clearly relied on spellcheck to 'help' you out with former leader President Obama's first name... ensuring you look like even more of an idiot...

by Anonymousreply 184June 8, 2017 8:59 AM

I felt bad for Debbie when Carrie died.

I felt sad that Rita Hayworth, who gave so much enjoyment with her dancing, had a very sad life.

by Anonymousreply 185June 8, 2017 9:44 AM

R175, R176 - I have never heard that Linda Darnell was out of the fire and went back inside the apartment she was visiting to retrieve items. Please supply a source for this. The version I have heard was that she was smoking and fell asleep and when she awoke the apartment was ablaze and she was trapped.

by Anonymousreply 186June 8, 2017 10:18 AM

That's the story I always heard about Darnell too, [R186], but I'm open to any sources other posters (like [R176]) might have on the matter....

by Anonymousreply 187June 8, 2017 10:51 AM

There was an extra level of creepiness to Danell's death. In THE LODGER (1944) she gets strangled by Laird Cregar who tosses her body on a Guy Fawkes bonfire, and as Tuptim in ANNA AND THE KING OF SIAM she gets burned at the stake.

by Anonymousreply 188June 8, 2017 12:20 PM

AAACK! Sorry - I meant HANGOVER SQUARE (1945) not The Lodger.

by Anonymousreply 189June 8, 2017 12:21 PM

Danny Lockin.

by Anonymousreply 190June 8, 2017 12:36 PM

Wallis Simpson. She was given a rough time for the rest of her life and then two generations later no one bats an eye at Camillia.

by Anonymousreply 191June 8, 2017 1:10 PM

Linda Darnell had successfully escaped from her friend’s burning house, but she either mistakenly believed that her friend’s young daughter was still in the house and went back in to rescue her or went back in to retrieve some cash that she had stashed in a desk drawer . . . I’ve read both explanations. Linda, her friend and her friend’s daughter had watched one of Linda’s old films on television and then Linda worked on her upcoming income taxes. Linda did live for a day or two in the hospital, able to communicate with her daughter, but her burns were too severe for survival.

by Anonymousreply 192June 8, 2017 1:39 PM

Funny how truly beautiful women back then could be genuinely talented. Think of some of the French and Italian beauties as well.

by Anonymousreply 193June 8, 2017 6:50 PM

[quote] After discovering DL, I began to feel sorry for L. Evans, L. Pace, J. Kortajarena, G. Harold, C. Haynes, T. Hiddleston and all other others who have insane frau stalkers flocking to DL to share the latest photos from the actor's cousin's kids birthday party that the actor may or may have been at.

Linda Evans has a frau stalker? I knew she was a lesbian!

by Anonymousreply 194June 8, 2017 7:07 PM

[quote] Funny how truly beautiful women back then could be genuinely talented.

They can be today, too. Think of Michelle Pfeiffer, Naomi Watts, Kate Winslet, Saoirse Ronan...

by Anonymousreply 195June 8, 2017 7:09 PM

R191 Camilla wasn't let off the hook entirely. She is loathed mostly. Forever destined to be blamed for a marriage that should never have happened in the first place and the scapegoat for a union that was doomed with or without her. People hated her for not being beautiful plus she was older than Diana. No, she wasn't driven out of the country but allowed to party all over the world, she does however have to stay and put up with the endless scathing criticism of her- homewrecker, dowdy, unattractive etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 196June 8, 2017 9:47 PM

I feel bad for all the beautiful famous people who have ugly children. I also feel bad for the ugly children for having beautiful famous parents.

by Anonymousreply 197June 8, 2017 10:16 PM

My Sister Sam was a big hit the first season.

It's so crass to say that she got more attention for being murdered.

by Anonymousreply 198June 8, 2017 10:40 PM

^ Crass but true.

by Anonymousreply 199June 8, 2017 10:53 PM

Rebecca was never on the cover of People magazine until the week after she was murdered. Most people had never heard of her until her death.

by Anonymousreply 200June 8, 2017 10:59 PM

No. They're handed the world.

by Anonymousreply 201June 8, 2017 11:02 PM

Annette Funicello

by Anonymousreply 202June 8, 2017 11:11 PM

The people you mentioned are very pretty.

I'm talking beautiful. As in Darnell, Deneuve, Darrieux, Morgan, Valli, Vitti...

by Anonymousreply 203June 8, 2017 11:20 PM

Barack used to be called Barry

by Anonymousreply 204June 8, 2017 11:24 PM

Sadly, Rebecca Schaeffer is largely forgotten today.

by Anonymousreply 205June 8, 2017 11:31 PM

I felt bad for David Strickland with whom I worked for awhile on Suddenly Susan. I had moved on to a different show a few episodes before he committed suicide. The influence of loathsome Andy Dick was evident to everyone on set. It was a waste of a bright, lovely young man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 8, 2017 11:35 PM

I've *always* thought Strickland was very talented (and gave off a super sweet vibe) and that his suicide was so bizarre and possibly not investigated properly, [R206].

The fact that Andy Dick was the last one to see David alive and spend time with him before he died (and this was *off set*) has always bothered me.

Is there any insight you can give us as to what you think happened to him and what Dick's "influence" was like on the "Suddenly Susan" set and over Strickland?

(Also: wasn't Dick somehow--even peripherally--involved with Phil Hartman and wife Brynn Hartman right before the murder/suicide happened there?)

by Anonymousreply 207June 9, 2017 12:27 AM

The price of being promoted as the next Whitney, r12.

by Anonymousreply 208June 9, 2017 12:27 AM

Wow! David Strickland was adorable and quite funny on Suddenly Susan. He was Bi Polar and went off his Meds I recall.

by Anonymousreply 209June 9, 2017 12:35 AM

Add me to the list of those who feel sorry for Kathy Griffin. And I've felt bad for many previously listed.

I also feel bad for a couple of young actresses who drank themselves to early deaths: Gail Russell and Lynne Frederick (even though Lynne Frederick seems... not so nice)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 9, 2017 12:50 AM

Susan Peters tragic accident was devastating and so pointless. Don't go hunting people!

by Anonymousreply 211June 9, 2017 12:55 AM

I remember Reeves as a handsome young actor in A Matter of Gravity. I worked in the area and would be leaving my job as people after the evening performance would wait at the Broadhurst stagedoor to see Kate exit('Aren't you people lovely.')

I watched a number of times and would see Reeves leaving completely ignored. Then I saw him in Fifth of July at the Apollo...

The week of the accident I went to see The Heiress at the Cort and a friend I was with said 'Look there's Christopher Reeves!' I didn't bother as I had seen him so many times. Then a few days later his life turned into a monstrous unending struggle until his death. It really made me appreciate running and walking.

by Anonymousreply 212June 9, 2017 1:08 AM

Thank you for the paean of adulation, hon, but couldn't you have gotten my name right?

by Anonymousreply 213June 9, 2017 1:19 AM

Ha!

He was thinking of me!

by Anonymousreply 214June 9, 2017 1:29 AM

Tim Curry trapped in a wheelchair after his stroke.

Nia Rivera getting dumped right before her wedding and then scrambles to find another guy so she doesn't have to cancel the wedding! I mean, how sad is that?

Corey Moneith's death being his only means of escaping Glee and Lea Michele.

Michael Sam. Came out right from the start and didn't became the success story many wanted him to be.

by Anonymousreply 215June 9, 2017 2:44 AM

While she may be largely forgotten by the general public.......Rebecca Schaeffer left a legacy in Hollywood. Her murder (along with the stabbing of Theresa Saldana by a deranged fan, a few years earlier) helped pave the way to anti-stalking/privacy laws, in California..... as well as actors just having a generally better awareness of stalkers/personal safety. Schaeffer & Saldana were hardly "A-List" It was a wake-up call for every working-actor in Hollywood -- "this could happen to me."

by Anonymousreply 216June 9, 2017 4:04 AM

I feel sorry for any child working in the industry. Their horrible stage parents, the Slimeball predators who pass them around. It's disgusting. and should be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 217June 9, 2017 5:28 AM

L'wren Scott's situation seemed to be more a case of karma.......she apparently burned a few people on her way up the ladder.........

by Anonymousreply 218June 9, 2017 5:39 AM

Article on Rebecca Schaeffer in recent EW, if anyone is interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 9, 2017 7:13 AM

Wow, I had no idea about Tim Curry's 2012 stroke

by Anonymousreply 220June 9, 2017 9:48 AM

[quote]Rebecca was never on the cover of People magazine until the week after she was murdered. Most people had never heard of her until her death.

Yeah, not true, but go ahead and think it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 221June 9, 2017 9:53 AM

Owen Hart, who doesn't get to see in the new Millennium or leave life on the road to be with his family like he plans all because his negligent, greedy Carny boss won't pay for safe ring equipment or adhere to safety regs. In Summer 1999 Owen's stunt wire breaks and he falls 50 ft. to his death in front of thousands of Kansas City rednecks and an international pay-per-view audience. This undermines his long hard years of entertainment service in 10 short seconds, while simultaneously it irreparably damages the business he once loved and traumatises a swathe of wrestling fans (some of them little kids).

His public, wasteful, ugly death also ended his brother Bret's career and broke their dad's heart. The Company did pay out big money to the Harts as compensation but never admitted culpability. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 222June 9, 2017 11:29 AM

Natasha Richardson. If someone had taken her to the hospital she'd still be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 223June 10, 2017 3:35 PM

Vic Morrow. They only found half his head.

by Anonymousreply 224June 10, 2017 6:46 PM

I remember the E! True Hollywood Story episode on Rebecca Schaeffer and I remember feeling quite bad for her parents. She was their only child.

by Anonymousreply 225July 2, 2017 3:49 AM

Sharon Tate

Marilyn Monroe

Aaliyah

Whitney Houston

Farrah Fawcett

by Anonymousreply 226July 2, 2017 4:16 AM

Danna Wilner Schaeffer has a Facebook page and did a play about her daughter in Portland, Oregon in January. She has more dates scheduled.

by Anonymousreply 227July 2, 2017 4:17 AM

Dana Plato. Yeah, she made some mistakes, but she didn't have to die like that, and if it hadn't been for the so-called War on Drugs in which she and her TV brothers were turned into pawns, she wouldn't have.

by Anonymousreply 228July 2, 2017 4:28 AM

[quote]Glenn Miller, Buddy Holly, Patsy Cline, Otis Redding, Jim Croce, Rick Nelson, Aaliya, Walter Hyatt, most of Lynyrd Skynyrd. —DON'T Gimme A Ticket For An Aeroplane

That's just silly superstition.

by Anonymousreply 229July 2, 2017 4:33 AM

Ben Vereen- His daughter died in a horrible accident and he turned to drugs to cope with the tragedy. A few years after his daughter's death, he was hit by a car and spent months recovering from his injuries.

by Anonymousreply 230July 2, 2017 5:09 AM

R230. He was hit by David Foster. He thought he hit a homeless person.

by Anonymousreply 231July 2, 2017 6:33 AM

I watched that documentary on Steve Gleason months back on Amazon Prime and I felt sorry for him and his wife. Both seem like decent people.

by Anonymousreply 232July 3, 2017 2:29 AM

who?

by Anonymousreply 233July 6, 2017 2:34 AM

Edward II and Piers Gaveston

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234July 6, 2017 2:44 AM

Veronica Lake. She had beautiful, long hair. She was asked by the government to cut her hair as a role model to women working in wartime factories. When she cut her hair, her career fell apart.

by Anonymousreply 235July 6, 2017 2:46 AM

There was more than a hairstyle that ended her career R235.

by Anonymousreply 236July 6, 2017 5:08 AM

Jennifer Aniston when Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt we're having an affair and it went public while they were still married. Not only does she have to suffer the humiliation, but when she was a presenter at the Golden Globes and the camera panned in on Angie and she looked high as a kite and was smiling.

by Anonymousreply 237July 6, 2017 5:15 AM

[quote]L'wren Scott's situation seemed to be more a case of karma.......she apparently burned a few people on her way up the ladder.

What ladder is that? The whore ladder? What did she ever achieve?

by Anonymousreply 238July 6, 2017 10:27 AM

I didn't know Roger Smith had died. He was ill for decades. I think he was on 77 Sunset Strip. Very smooth and blandly good looking.

by Anonymousreply 239July 6, 2017 3:26 PM

Jean Harlow. Because there was no cure for her kidney ailment at the time, and her mother and stepfather bled her fucking dry.

Dorothy Dandridge. Simply too thin-skinned to survive in racist Hollywood at the time. Suffering sexual abuse at the hands of her moms dull dyke girlfriend...mistreated and used by all those men and her daughter being born brain damaged. So gorg and so tragic!

by Anonymousreply 240July 6, 2017 6:18 PM

Patrick Duffy. His parents were bar owners and were shot dead in a robbery in 1986.

by Anonymousreply 241July 6, 2017 6:22 PM

Taylor Lautner.

by Anonymousreply 242July 6, 2017 6:23 PM

Fatty Arbuckle

by Anonymousreply 243July 6, 2017 6:32 PM

Any celeb who has a mental breakdown in public: Anne Heche, Shelley Duvall, and Charlie Sheen, etc.

I think it's safe to say 50% of DL'ers have had a breakdown (including myself) but I sure as hell wouldn't want the details known on ET or Extra or the National Enquirer.

by Anonymousreply 244July 6, 2017 7:03 PM

Renne Zellweger, must have no self esteem at all. Her appearance haunted me, she resmebles herself again now.

by Anonymousreply 245July 6, 2017 7:10 PM

R108 you're a total idiot. R111 idiot to death you are, pretty boys like Walker who lack rough features begin to look creepy by their mid 30's

by Anonymousreply 246July 6, 2017 7:16 PM

Referring to the Arlene thread. Being such an elderly woman and having a precious necklace torn from her neck must have been deeply shocking and she probably felt horribly violated.

The heartbreak of that might have hastened her dementia. I felt pretty bad for her and she seemed like the kind of person who didn't deserve it at all.

I know other elderly people who have been robbed or lose something precious to them and they quickly become more frail and frightened. They're incapable of bouncing back like a younger person who can be initially quite shaken as well.

by Anonymousreply 247July 6, 2017 7:19 PM

Drake Bell.

He's a rock-solid pop songwriter/guitarist (better than most give him credit for, go listen to a couple of his originals), a competent comic actor, and has an impressive performing arts resume...and none of that matters because his personal (personality?) issues keep tanking his momentum in a public way.

He's talented and been working on his career since gradeschool, but on upswings he manages somehow to say or do something that turns him into persona non grata (like many younger famous, Twitter is his enemy). Rumor has it that his mother was one of those monstrous Hollywood momagers and that Drake is deep-closeted also, adding a more miserable pall to his life. His songs are often about loneliness.

And now he doesn't even have a best friend (boyfriend?) to console him anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 7, 2017 11:22 AM

r246- you're the idiot.

by Anonymousreply 249July 7, 2017 12:32 PM

I feel for Kevin Jonas. He got used for his musical skills and then hung out to dry by his parents and his younger brothers. The entire Jonas extended family also seem to be on Kevin constantly about what a loser and a disappointment he is, and there have been plenty rumors over the years about how Kev got tormented emotionally for years by them.

That's not even getting into the probable forced-closeting and arranged marriage issue....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250July 7, 2017 3:45 PM

Don’t worry, r250. Kevin is now the hottest Jonas and the youngest has truly fucked up by marrying the vampiric Indian.

by Anonymousreply 251April 15, 2019 4:59 AM

R223, She refused even the treatment offered by the Ski Patrol. One cannot force seemingly lucid adults to go to a hospital.

by Anonymousreply 252April 15, 2019 5:27 AM

Not really a celeb. Baron Trump. What a shit storm he's growing up in.

by Anonymousreply 253April 15, 2019 6:23 AM

Gwyneth Paltrow. One fail after another.

by Anonymousreply 254April 15, 2019 6:25 AM

Chrissy Metz. Heading for a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 255April 15, 2019 7:24 AM

R132 well they've certainly increased now.

by Anonymousreply 256April 15, 2019 1:02 PM

Kim Novak after seeing her at the Oscars. She was such a beauty and had the absolute worst "Wildenstein" plastic surgery that has made her look like Rocky Dennis from Mask. When she came out to present some award (or get one, I can't remember...it was a few years ago), the audience gasped. To be that beautiful and then become so hideous looking and PAY for it is just sad sad sad. Which just exemplifies the pressure to be and remain beautiful for Hollywood actresses.

by Anonymousreply 257April 15, 2019 1:37 PM

I agree with Christopher Reeve - I do remember it came out either after the accident or maybe after his death, how in the first few weeks (maybe months?) after the accident, he was begging anyone and everyone (including his children I believe) to just let him die. Gosh I had such impure thoughts of him as a young gayling. Sad.

Farrah Fawcett was another sad life. The documentary R112 mentions was absolutely riveting. It was shortly after my father died when it came out, so that may have colored my experience, but I found it compelling, true to life, and found Farrah to be a strong fighter.

Yes, Zsa Zsa’s final years were beyond tragic, and something no one deserves. One small blessing I suppose was her being so out of it with dementia that she never knew she outlived her only child.

I do feel somewhat sorry for Anna Nicole Smith - I get the impression that everyone around her were just there to use her, and enable her addictions so as to make it easier for them to manipulate her for their benefit.

by Anonymousreply 258April 15, 2019 2:57 PM

Elvis has always made me sad. I think of him as a fundamentally sweet, incredibly talented, not super bright guy who made some dumb choices but whose life and career were ruined by his bastard manager.

by Anonymousreply 259April 15, 2019 3:42 PM

Wouldn't call her a celeb but I do feel sorry for Georgina chapman.

by Anonymousreply 260April 15, 2019 4:08 PM

Actually felt awful about Margot Kidder- especially after I heard she died by suicide. Always remember her as Lois Lane, and after her breakdown I hoped it would get better for her. She was the best Loos, and was great in everything she did. Hope she is in a better place.

by Anonymousreply 261April 15, 2019 4:43 PM

Dick York

by Anonymousreply 262April 15, 2019 4:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!