Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Amazing Race Season 29 - Thread 2

Because the other thread is overstuffed, much like Phil's pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 3, 2018 8:29 PM

Mom and Dad shading the video gamer kid who was only doing what he was asked to do by the show was tacky.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2017 6:07 PM

Who would have thought taking the subway would be slower than taking a cab in traffic?

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2017 6:59 PM

Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2017 7:26 PM

Sad to not get to see or hear Matt in the final (love his flat nasal skater voice).

I'd root for L& L but London's wide-eyed game face freaks me out a bit. Oddly, I'm rooting for Scott and the Harridan.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2017 7:36 PM

Logan had the best time in the Cups. He was very smart to use both hands with the outer stacks. Impressive!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2017 7:41 PM

#TheBoys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2017 7:46 PM

I hoping Brook and the gay ginger win. They were entertaining and the ginger really is a good player. the LoLo group---that handsome guy is boring.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2017 8:23 PM

So many hot shots of Logans pits last night

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2017 8:44 PM

Enough already with the "Vivian Vance" thing. It stopped being cute a long time ago.

Watching people play games is entertaining?

I love Phil's enthusiasm in telling racer's that the prize for winning a leg of a race in foreign places is another trip to a foreign place.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2017 9:25 PM

Londons a dyke right?

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2017 12:03 AM

Vivian Vance currently has more votes than the Ginger? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2017 1:43 AM

No way can I root for Brooke and Scott. I liked Zachary back in the day, but with Flo as a partner, no way could I cheer for him.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2017 5:10 PM

I don't know why my tablet autocorrected Zach to Zachary.

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2017 5:12 PM

When am I going to learn not to have favorites in these shows, more often than not they end up losing and then I am all bummed out. I just really liked The Boys, Matt and Redmond were just so fun to watch, the final is just going to suck without them at least having a chance. I kept hoping Phil would say this is a non elimination leg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2017 2:01 AM

They use to not let people wear Nike or any other branded shirts on all TV shows, wonder when that stopped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2017 2:07 AM

Did someone say they wanted close ups of Logan's feet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2017 2:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2017 2:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2017 2:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2017 2:20 AM

Thank you, Logan's feets lover!

I'm glad the boys are gone, if I'm honest. They would have won it for sure and it would have been a predictable finale.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2017 2:30 AM

Okay, things are getting interesting now that the Boys are out, but I really want Brooke and her guy to win.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2017 2:36 AM

I hate those silly team nicknames "The Boys", "Mom and Dad", "Team Fun". The only one I think is passable is "Team LoLo" because it's kind of cute AND I hope they win because they haven't been too obnoxious or nasty, unless I'm forgetting something.

God, NO WAY should Brook and Scott win. They might, but Brook is just so infuriating, I can't stand the sight or sound of her. I want to see her crying on the TAR carpet - I hope they come in dead last.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2017 9:31 AM

I just came across some outtakes from Logan's first attempt at doing the rowing with feets thing. I learned that TPTB decided to reshoot the event when Logan kept popping out of his blue shorts. They called in Rupaul for some tucking tips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2017 9:56 AM

That's why he had the bike shorts on underneath. So disappointed by that at the time

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2017 11:56 AM

I bet everyone at Brooke's workplace is praying she doesn't win, because if she does they know she'll be even that much more insufferable than she already is.

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2017 12:31 PM

The only racer I recognize is Scott; the others are all still a blur even after 11 or 12 episodes...

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2017 4:18 PM

As insufferable as Brooke is, I'd be more satisfied with a Brooke/Scott win than the truly vile Tara and Joey. U-turning two teams at both opportunities was dubious enough, but they've both exhibited enough additional insensitive or outright bad behavior to halt any possible rooting for them. And they cinched it with their nasty comments (from both of them) about the gamer Tara was playing against, who was only doing what he was assigned to do. And of course, they always manage to mention how hard they're working, and how this win means everything to their families, etc. Revolting. Go, Team Lolo!

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2017 10:42 PM

Logan looks so good in photos but he's sooooo boring. In early episodes I'd completely forget about him until their team showed up at the mat.

Thanks for the closeup feets photos, though! Got any of Matt's?

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2017 11:04 PM

It's not Logan's personality that makes me want to touch myself. Who cares if he has nothing to say, have you seen that body?

After typing this I realized that R28 is a woman. I forget that straight gals like to post here.

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2017 11:14 PM

Brooke is the people's princess.

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2017 11:19 PM

[quote]Brooke is the people's princess.

Yes. The people who are in hospitals for the criminally insane.

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2017 11:26 PM

Tara and Joey are the other team I don't like. Tara seems nice on the surface but then her thin lips tighten up and her other, nastier side shows up - she's a phony and Joey is just the type of guy I'd avoid at all costs. Yes, Go team LoLo!

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2017 11:30 PM

The reason Tara and Joey used the one U-Turn was because one of the other teams had already used it on the Butcher and his partner were starting in last place with the burden of having to do a Speed Bump. Tara and Joey decided to use the other U-Turn on the other team to make the timing a bit more balanced instead of putting Team Butcher so far behind with no chance to catch up. (Don't remember the details about the other U-Turns.) As to comments about the video gamer, that was simply borne out of frustration. We've heard other teams say similar things. I don't know why some people have such a hatred for Tara and Joey. IMO. they're acting no worse - or no better - than many other teams, from this season or any other.

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2017 4:11 AM

Hi Joey! ^^^

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2017 4:12 AM

I've been watching all season and I can't seem to place this Tara and Joey that everyone's talking about

by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2017 5:04 AM

I want to make out with Matt for hours. Love him, love his lips. He's so damn cute. Sad he and Redmond got so transportation-unlucky in Seoul.

by Anonymousreply 36May 29, 2017 5:30 AM

Redmond was crushing on Matt

by Anonymousreply 37May 29, 2017 11:09 AM

[quote] I've been watching all season and I can't seem to place this Tara and Joey that everyone's talking about.

The other teams refer to them as Mom and Pop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 29, 2017 5:58 PM

It's fun to see Joey in the final after he came in last in the suitcase challenge at the starting line.

by Anonymousreply 39May 29, 2017 6:09 PM

i wish Brook would've paired up with that crazy big bearded dude that got eliminated a while back. They probably would've killed each other.

by Anonymousreply 40May 29, 2017 11:12 PM

Brooke would've whipped that Beardo just like she whipped her gay ginger partner.

Let's see Brooke paired with that Lady K9 cop or the Lady Firefighter.

by Anonymousreply 41May 29, 2017 11:33 PM

Redmond would've removed his artificial leg and clubbed her to death with it.

by Anonymousreply 42May 30, 2017 12:07 AM

Based on the editing for the season I predict either a Tara/Joey or Brook/Ginger Gay win. I can't imagine it being Logan and what's her name? (Starts with a L)

by Anonymousreply 43May 30, 2017 12:35 AM

R43 London

by Anonymousreply 44May 30, 2017 12:42 AM

Really boring challenges all season

by Anonymousreply 45May 30, 2017 12:59 AM

London and Logan were barely featured in the first half of the season so I can understand not seeing them winning. They were such blah personalities and they really never did that well each leg of the race.

by Anonymousreply 46May 30, 2017 1:28 AM

That's right, R33, Tara and Joey used the U-Turn on the likable Team Fun because of their strong sense of right and wrong. At least Team Fun (who everyone seemed to like) managed to hang on a bit longer after the U-Turn -- when Tara and Joey U-Turned the strong team of Seth and Olive early on, it ended up with their being sent packing.

They always manage to justify their actions -- "doing what they have to do for their families" and "we're working so hard" -- as if no other teams have families or are working hard. Love the comment upthread about Tara's thin-lipped nastiness and Joey's bad attitude.

Wouldn't be surprised if they win -- maybe they've been getting an underdog/regular guy edit -- but they'd be my last choice among the remaining teams (and I never thought I'd say that, given Brooke's shrieking behavior!)

by Anonymousreply 47May 30, 2017 4:38 AM

I'm with you R47

by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2017 1:10 AM

Can we stop calling Scott "Ginger Gay" I don't know anyone who has red hair appreciate the term Ginger?

by Anonymousreply 49May 31, 2017 1:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2017 4:10 AM

Re: R5, Logan likes to man-spread. Sexy :)

by Anonymousreply 51May 31, 2017 4:48 PM

Agreed, R49. Was just thinking that when I got to your post. Enough with the snarky labels.

by Anonymousreply 52May 31, 2017 4:54 PM

big boy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2017 7:02 AM

Tonight's the night, Race fans!

I hope Brooke and Ginger get stuck in a ditch so that Mom and Dad can win the money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2017 4:51 PM

Ginger is a snarky label? Since when?

by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2017 5:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2017 5:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 1, 2017 5:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 1, 2017 5:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 1, 2017 5:39 PM

Something tells me that "ginger" is not the most offensive word that Scott has heard used to describe him.

by Anonymousreply 60June 1, 2017 5:40 PM

Regardless Scott is more than his hair color, when you list three to five other people by their names, but Scott is just referred to as "The Ginger" that is offensive and anyone who can't see that is an insensitive idiot.

by Anonymousreply 61June 1, 2017 5:43 PM

It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 62June 1, 2017 5:48 PM

R61 got triggered.

by Anonymousreply 63June 1, 2017 6:18 PM

I've had sufficient of these snowflakes.

Also, I'm in third place.

by Anonymousreply 64June 1, 2017 7:39 PM

Childbearing hips and dad jeans.

by Anonymousreply 65June 1, 2017 8:36 PM

Today is Phil's birthday!

by Anonymousreply 66June 1, 2017 10:34 PM

Looking forward to Logan stripping on the mat in celebration of his win, and Scott arriving second and falling to his knees.

by Anonymousreply 67June 1, 2017 10:50 PM

Scott will get in there

by Anonymousreply 68June 2, 2017 1:10 AM

I am excited for the finale and I am not sure why. I have no favorites, though I am not that fond of Joey and Tara, I won't be upset if they win. Tonight will be the first time I am watching the show as it is broadcasted, I normally tape it and watch over the weekend, but I don't want to wait and have it ruined by finding out who wins before I got around to watching it.

I wish they would do a cast reunion show like Survivor does, it would be interesting to hear them talk about their travels, it would be a really cheap show to record and I would think the ratings would be as great as if not better than the weekly show.

by Anonymousreply 69June 2, 2017 1:51 AM

I certainly hope that Brooke doesn't get run over by a nascar

by Anonymousreply 70June 2, 2017 2:12 AM

Joey "She was slow but she was smooth and that is what is important"

NO, finishing under 40 secs is what is important Joey

by Anonymousreply 71June 2, 2017 2:16 AM

Phil said the final is going to be brutal, translation, Brooke will have many many melt downs.

by Anonymousreply 72June 2, 2017 2:18 AM

I certainly hope that Brooke doesn't get run over by a subway train

by Anonymousreply 73June 2, 2017 2:23 AM

I certainly hope that Brooke doesn't get licked by a Post Card

by Anonymousreply 74June 2, 2017 2:28 AM

I certainly hope Brooke wins, just to piss of DLers.

by Anonymousreply 75June 2, 2017 2:32 AM

Did that cabbie just say he needed a street address for Wrigley Field?

by Anonymousreply 76June 2, 2017 2:40 AM

No, the hotdog store.

by Anonymousreply 77June 2, 2017 2:40 AM

Brooke and Scott left their backpacks at the airport. I hope they didn't leave their passports there.

by Anonymousreply 78June 2, 2017 2:47 AM

Why would they need their passports? The finish line has s in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 79June 2, 2017 2:49 AM

Tara's going to be on WUSA9 news at 11!

by Anonymousreply 80June 2, 2017 2:50 AM

[quote] Brooke and Scott left their backpacks at the airport. I hope they didn't leave their passports there.

Brooke showed a fanny pack, I am assuming the passports are in there.

by Anonymousreply 81June 2, 2017 2:50 AM

2nd place wins $25,000, 3rd wins $10,000, and so on $7,000, $6,000, $5,000, $4,000, $3,500, $3,000 and $2,500, as per the level of their elimination.

by Anonymousreply 82June 2, 2017 2:59 AM

So what happened

by Anonymousreply 83June 2, 2017 3:02 AM

Brooke and Ginger gay won.

by Anonymousreply 84June 2, 2017 3:03 AM

She whined about something almost to the finish line. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 85June 2, 2017 3:04 AM

Seeing the vicious nasty queen win made me sick. I hate when terrible people succeed as a result of the awfulness. So many of the other teams had good people. Any team would have been better than the one that won.

by Anonymousreply 86June 2, 2017 5:16 AM

I thought Scott was cool, calm and collected during many stressful moments with his partner. He really earned the prize

by Anonymousreply 87June 2, 2017 5:41 AM

Some of the many comments on Twitter re: Brooke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 2, 2017 6:09 AM

I thought that was the easiest final leg ever. Kinda underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 89June 2, 2017 7:55 AM

I'm happy with the winning team but I agree that it was not suspenseful at all...except for the part when Mom & Dad went to the wrong building. I was hoping it would push them down to third and Joey would lose his shit.

Logan is beautiful to look at but appeared to have zero sense of urgency. Lolo was predictably in last place.

by Anonymousreply 90June 2, 2017 11:37 AM

Am wishing for a reunion show as well, R69. I think the teams would have great stories to share, and I bet there would be a ton of behind-the-scenes footage that would be interesting, funny, etc.

by Anonymousreply 91June 2, 2017 12:21 PM

I never thought Scott was evil, as a matter of fact I thought he had the patience of a saint with Brooke being such a Long Island Princess about everything. I'm surprised she didn't get a paper cut from the post card and then go into hysterics.

by Anonymousreply 92June 2, 2017 2:52 PM

Scott wears his emotions on his sleeve, so when he's frustrated, happy, or bitchy, you know it. He did have a TON of patience with Brooke; people like her annoy the hell out of me personally, so I give him credit for sticking it out. He not only had to perform well himself, but had to spend so much extra energy motivating his teammate and dealing with her tantrums. His was not an easy win by any means. He deserves 75% of that prize money!

by Anonymousreply 93June 2, 2017 3:10 PM

Scott may be one of the most deserving winners after having to put up with Brooke. She stayed true to form and remained awful through the end. It was the last leg and the were clearly in the lead the ENTIRE time and yet she couldn't stop complaining for a second.

I will admit she did well leading Scott through placing the correct numbers on the scoreboard.

Overall the leg was extremely easy and dull. There was no room for the teams to overtake each other. Deliver hot dogs? That's stupid and not worthy of a final leg. Remember for the Beekman Boys season that had to pick up three pizzas from a pizza place in the village? Soho? and then deliver them to three different businesses? All the pizzas had different toppings and they had to get the correct toppings to the correct businesses. Plus, the streets may not be confusing for a New Yorker, but they certainly weren't in the grid layout of Midtown/Chelsea/etc. This hot dog thing was just too easy.

I agree with the above that London and Logan had ZERO sense of urgency. Really they didn't have any the entire race, but come on! This is it! Put some pep in your step. Maybe they knew they were so far behind that it didn't matter and they should just have fun.

by Anonymousreply 94June 2, 2017 3:22 PM

[quote] Why would they need their passports? The finish line has s in Chicago.

It is one of the rules of the game, you must have possession of your passports at check-in on the mat with Phil. If you don't have them you have to leave the mat and go find them. Once a racer on another season left their passport in a cab that left and Phil would not let them check-in until they located their passport.

by Anonymousreply 95June 2, 2017 4:09 PM

Brooke won some major points for knowing where they came in on every leg; I was surprised she had retained that (and was thinking there was going to be one wrong since Scott was going for a different number at first). She earned her money along the way, pain in the ass or not.

by Anonymousreply 96June 2, 2017 4:20 PM

Scott deserved the win. Not Brooke whose mantra throughout was 'I can't. I can't.'

by Anonymousreply 97June 2, 2017 4:35 PM

The numbers on the scoreboard could have been harder. Although they couldn't communicate back and forth, the person placing the numbers knew what they were doing and even if the caller forgot the order the placer could have easily remembered them and just been told if they were in the correct row or not.

Why did Tara jump around and do chronological order? Brooke was far more efficient (can't believe I just typed that) going in alphabetical order.

Is Nascar really that big in Chicago? I always think of the Indy/Daytona 500 with racing, but not Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 98June 2, 2017 4:50 PM

The finale challenges always require teams to recall race details so the teams know to study for it. They certainly have plenty of time to study and memorize details on those flights. These challenges have become predictable, easy to win, and dull.

by Anonymousreply 99June 2, 2017 4:52 PM

I wonder if Brooke was a ringer, chosen by producers to create drama. Would a woman do risk averse and easily discouraged choose to apply for ARace?

Also, she didn't just whine a few times - she whined very loudly all the time like a bad actress who is performing for the cheap seats.

I don't blame producers as she's the only memorable racer this season. Overall, the "teams made up of strangers" twist was dull.

by Anonymousreply 100June 2, 2017 4:56 PM

R96, that was such an easy task. It couldn't have been easier! I agree with the other posters. This final leg was LAME!!!

Let this be a lesson to future racers. Stop helping the other contestants because they might bite your ass in the end. Perfect example was Brooke struggling in the ladle challenge. If no one had helped her, she would have suffered a major meltdown and would have quit! There's no reason to be nasty and to play dirty. But, being extra helpful might make you feel good and earn you some brownie points; however, it does not help you win a Million Dollars (especially in Brooke's case if they had been eliminated in that leg).

by Anonymousreply 101June 2, 2017 4:56 PM

"A woman so risk averse...."

by Anonymousreply 102June 2, 2017 4:57 PM

Scott was smart to check their bags, and although it probably didn't make any difference to the final result, it was much easier to get around town.

by Anonymousreply 103June 2, 2017 7:53 PM

so pissed. Scott deserves all the money. Brooke only did a few challenges by herself. If that stupid old fat redhead guy had not helped her on the hammering challenge in Tanzania, she would have been out then.

by Anonymousreply 104June 2, 2017 8:52 PM

Well, that was a disappointing finale. I've watched every season since Rob and Brendan won in season 1 and can't remember being so underwhelmed. There was almost zero buildup to Scott and Brooke's arrival at the mat.

I was surprised the FINALE was airing at 10:00 on Thursday. It's like the network really doesn't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 105June 2, 2017 10:42 PM

Brooke was awful but she was memorable. This season was really the Scott & Brooke show with all their dramas and I suppose you cant deny them the money for that. Without them, how boring would the season be? Imagine trying to construct a season around London & Logan. I think that makes 4 teams to win the whole thing with at least one gay male.

by Anonymousreply 106June 2, 2017 11:11 PM

I could construct a season around Logan and all you guys would tune in with your lotion and tissues.

by Anonymousreply 107June 2, 2017 11:23 PM

I could live in Logans pits

by Anonymousreply 108June 2, 2017 11:38 PM

Looks like a bunch of them watched last night together, per Redmond's FB

by Anonymousreply 109June 2, 2017 11:56 PM

[quote] Brooke won some major points for knowing where they came in on every leg; I was surprised she had retained that ...

Scott is a major TAR (The Amazing Race) nerd, he knew that remembering what happens when is always involved with the final task, I would bet Scott had constantly quizzed Brooke on remembering where they had finished on each leg of the race. Brooke might have known enough about TAR to know it was important but I am sure Scott knew it was important. Scott was the one who had the idea to check their bags instead of lugging them all over Chicago and Brooke still got tired, imagine if she had been lugging around a backpack.

by Anonymousreply 110June 3, 2017 1:14 AM

Scott wants to play Survivor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 3, 2017 1:18 AM

A season constructed around Logan would just be smouldering lust and nothing else. With Scott & Brooke it was love, hate, tears, tantrums. meltdowns etc. They were a variety show. Logan is just one note soft porn.

by Anonymousreply 112June 3, 2017 1:59 AM

I'm not interested in seeing Scott on any other reality shows.

by Anonymousreply 113June 3, 2017 2:09 AM

Logan just had no sense of urgency. Matt and his buddy should have been Team #3 and who'd have complained had they won.

by Anonymousreply 114June 3, 2017 2:12 AM

Scott & Jeff Varner on Survivor D grade Celebrity Redemption 2. Jeff: Scott, have you told everyone you're a gay!!

by Anonymousreply 115June 3, 2017 2:12 AM

All the Redmond & Whatsaname should have won is such nonsense. Many a great team as good as them-and better- have been felled by one mistake that sees them eliminated. Many a hopeless team have survived non elims , always being at the back of the pack, making idiotic mistakes and yet luck would have it they survive. Amazing Race is never fair. There are deserving winners and plenty of undeserving winners.

by Anonymousreply 116June 3, 2017 2:17 AM

Has anyone anywhere ever "deserved" to win a game show?

by Anonymousreply 117June 3, 2017 2:30 AM

Brooke and Scott did provide entertainment and Brooke is a lightning rod on social media. People love to hate her. Most of the other teams that lasted a long time were pretty nice, though Joey and Tara could be rude at times.

I think this season would have been more fun if Shamir and his partner had lasted longer as he would have done many jerkish things. Also that blonde girl (I think her name is Ashton) and her partner, because everyone wanted them out. Logan and London were boring but pretty nice.

by Anonymousreply 118June 3, 2017 2:37 AM

Amazing Race always has bad winners ( Including some out & out racists) which makes it one of the fairest reality shows on the air. You don't get kicked out for being an asshole although it may bite you in the butt later (with the double u turn) but it's all about reading your clues, following directions and not making stupid mistakes ( like taking the subway when everyone else took taxis)

by Anonymousreply 119June 3, 2017 2:39 AM

One thing about Brooke: though she definitely was a complainer, all teams go into the studio to add/ loop in dialogue at the end of the season. A lot of the whining fighting is added to shots of the pair from the back in post. It's necessary to add drama. Heard this from a gay team that competed years ago.

by Anonymousreply 120June 3, 2017 3:15 AM

Wow, who would agree to help edit themselves to make them more hated? Other than Omarosa?

by Anonymousreply 121June 3, 2017 3:31 AM

It's in their iron clad contract.

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2017 4:15 AM

The finales used to be 2 hours long and they were real nail-biters. They shortened them to an hour a few years ago, and now they go by so fast that it's clear in the first 5 minutes which team is going to win. The finale is now the least interesting episode of the season.

I'm glad that Scott won because I love to see gays do well. It reflects well on us as a group.

by Anonymousreply 123June 3, 2017 4:18 AM

Agree that the finales are usually dull. I wonder if it's because they always end in the US where there's no language barrier to speak of.

One of my favorite finales was with the Beekman Boys. First of all because it was an upset win and because the Beekman's got the edit where they weren't part of the mean girl alliance ( I hate alliances) which made them someone you could root for. Then the tasks were hard enough and challenging enough from the Coney Island one, to delivering the pizza, getting out of a straitjacket to the UN challenge. Plus that season had people with lots of personality like the awful Twinnies & the chippendales.

by Anonymousreply 124June 3, 2017 4:45 AM

Sadly the show seems to be nearing its end. They renewed for one more cycle, but ratings were down about 20% this season since they put it in a horrible time slot.

by Anonymousreply 125June 3, 2017 4:56 AM

I grew to really like Scott as the season went on. He's as good a Racer as they've ever had. That he was saddled with lunatic Brooke, figured out how to handle her, and still won is a pretty notable achievement.

by Anonymousreply 126June 3, 2017 6:02 AM

Looking forward to Amazing Race Canada in early July with cute John whatsaname.. They always have a much better mix of racers. The Lesboes won last season if memory serves me correct.

by Anonymousreply 127June 3, 2017 8:02 AM

What's interesting is that although Brooke was whiny and awful to the TV audience, she actually seemed to be liked by most of the teams (with the obvious exception of the fat bearded guy team, because he had helped her and then got uturned by them.) And if nothing else, she's smart. I doubt Scott had to drill her about anything. It's just amazing, though, that she would get on a show which needed some kind of physical strength when she had absolutely none.

by Anonymousreply 128June 3, 2017 12:05 PM

Brooke = Flo, who also won her season

by Anonymousreply 129June 3, 2017 1:05 PM

[quote]They renewed for one more cycle, but ratings were down about 20% this season since they put it in a horrible time slot.

But it did quite well with DVR and on-demand viewing, almost doubling its initial 18-49 rating after 7 days.

by Anonymousreply 130June 3, 2017 1:28 PM

No, Flo committed Treason of sorts by hooking up with a rival team member -- and, worst of all, flaunting it in front of her partner who she knew had feelings for her. The ultimate cunt who at least had the sense to let Zack keep all the money. Brooke was just whiny and frustrated in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 131June 3, 2017 3:35 PM

The red headed fat guy really turned out to be a big pussy who couldn't find his way if his life depended on it. And the breakdown re his kid was nauseating. 10 days out and he's crying about home. Oh, please, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 132June 3, 2017 3:38 PM

Brooke is Flo-ish, but there's really no direct comparison. Brook bitched and screamed and complained, but did tasks even if she was yelling her head off the whole time, while Flo just shut-down, leaving Zach to do something like 9 roadblocks. They're the reasons the equal roadblock rule was put in place.

by Anonymousreply 133June 3, 2017 3:49 PM

Bring back the tantrum-throwing gay deaf guy and his Maaaaaaah!

by Anonymousreply 134June 3, 2017 3:55 PM

I guess Scott can have any dick he wants now.

by Anonymousreply 135June 3, 2017 4:06 PM

The real winner of the season is Sara who gets to suck Logan's cock every night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 3, 2017 5:09 PM

R136 is correct

by Anonymousreply 137June 3, 2017 10:04 PM

I really need to charla and Myrna again. My favorite team ever.

"Run, Charla, run!"

by Anonymousreply 138June 3, 2017 10:21 PM

I'd like to see Logan without the beard.

by Anonymousreply 139June 3, 2017 10:35 PM

I though Logan is straight.

by Anonymousreply 140June 3, 2017 10:38 PM

R139, there you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 3, 2017 10:56 PM

R139, here's another clean-shaven Logan with a hot friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 3, 2017 10:58 PM

Am I the only one here who thinks Logan's face isn't that great?

by Anonymousreply 143June 3, 2017 11:46 PM

Logan has sense of humor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 4, 2017 12:51 AM

Good comparison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 4, 2017 12:54 AM

[quote]The real winner of the season is Sara who gets to suck Logan's cock every night.

I'm sure if Scott ponied up the million bucks, he'd get to do it too.

by Anonymousreply 146June 4, 2017 1:02 AM

And if Scott had picked Logan as his partner at the beginning we'd be up to Amazing Race 29 part 35

by Anonymousreply 147June 4, 2017 1:55 AM

Just a single sniff of Logan's sweaty sac has to be worth at least $100K.

by Anonymousreply 148June 4, 2017 2:04 AM

Wait, is Logan gay?

by Anonymousreply 149June 4, 2017 3:29 AM

Almost no one looks better with a beard. Why have people forgotten that?

by Anonymousreply 150June 4, 2017 4:25 AM

Beards can change a 4 into an 8

by Anonymousreply 151June 4, 2017 4:28 AM

Almost never. See Jim Carrey. Q.E.D.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 4, 2017 4:34 AM

Ok, a good beard

by Anonymousreply 153June 4, 2017 5:04 AM

I lost interest in the finale when it was clear Scott and Brooke got out first and held their lead, I knew they'd win and that wasn't the outcome I wanted.

by Anonymousreply 154June 4, 2017 9:13 AM

80 percent of TAR viewers think the wrong team won and they all HATE Brooke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 5, 2017 8:49 PM

Please, the wrong team nearly always wins The Amazing Race. Poll each season and you'd get the same result.

by Anonymousreply 156June 6, 2017 5:31 AM

But Brooke and Scott were REALLY, REALLY wrong. Mainly because of HER.

by Anonymousreply 157June 6, 2017 8:19 AM

There have been a lot of disgusting winners on this show. Moreso than even Survivor or Big Brother.

Terrible, hateful winners:

Flo & Zach

Racist Kendra & Freddie

Annoying Youtube Bitch from the Youtube season

Dan & Jordan

Now Scott & Brooke.

I am sure there are others I am forgetting!

by Anonymousreply 158June 6, 2017 8:23 AM

I wonder if Josh and Brent are still friends with any of their fellow racers. Has anyone from the show been to the farm to meet Polka Spot and the goats?

by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2017 12:26 AM

I liked the sober model boys fine when they won. The first winners too, of course, especially the extra hot one. And Flo and Zack were satisfying because we were all rooting for Zack and it was a total surprise, to us and to them. Maybe the last time that happened.

All my other favorites along the way -- Colin and Christie, Brandon and his model girl,. Jon and funny redhead Kelly, the brothers one of whom ended up on "Big Bang Theory", the Chippendales -- all ended up in 2nd or beyond.

by Anonymousreply 160June 7, 2017 12:33 AM

Brooke was hard to take but I thought that Scott's charm, patience and tact carried the day and carried them across the finish line

by Anonymousreply 161June 7, 2017 1:39 AM

Hi Scott

by Anonymousreply 162June 7, 2017 1:41 AM

Scott hope you're getting a lot of dick

by Anonymousreply 163June 7, 2017 2:14 AM

Logan can sit on my face any day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 11, 2017 9:30 PM

Scott and Brooke remind me a bit of Blair and Hayley from Season 26 Blind Date. Hayley would complain about everything just like Brooke. Blair just would stay so relaxed and calm while Hayley would be having a complete meltdown. At least Scott yelled back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 11, 2017 9:51 PM

Because Scott was the only one not hoping for some pussy at some point. Much like in real life, the reason men put up with so much. Women better thank the lord for that gash between their legs or men would not get near them.

by Anonymousreply 166June 11, 2017 11:02 PM

Logan must have a very hairy, musky hole.

by Anonymousreply 167June 11, 2017 11:09 PM

[quote]Brooke was awful but she was memorable. This season was really the Scott & Brooke show with all their dramas and I suppose you cant deny them the money for that. Without them, how boring would the season be? Imagine trying to construct a season around London & Logan.

I've just finished watching the season and Brooke and Scott, for all their bickering, really were the most entertaining. It would've been bad if Scott had just taken it like other male contestants but he had some great comebacks to her whines. Even team LoLo thought they were entertaining to watch (but Tara called her "ridiculous"). But there's a reason Omarosa is the only household name to come out of The Apprentice.

[quote]Am I the only one here who thinks Logan's face isn't that great?

No, you're not. Logan is clearly a nice guy with a great body but I wouldn't call him handsome. Also, he's boring as hell

by Anonymousreply 168August 31, 2017 5:37 AM

Logan was boring as fuck. Landon looked like she is sniffing glue inbetween scenes. I'm surprised her eyeballs didn't pop out of the eye sockets.

That season was entertaining because of crazy Brooke. For me the best episode was when they had to carry those mannequins through the busy streets and she was bitching at her team mate, she was bitching about the task AND that stupid ladder and then she was also mouthing off to random drivers. That was quite some multi-tasking on her part.

by Anonymousreply 169October 1, 2018 10:55 PM

Was your phone in airplane mode for the last year, r169?

by Anonymousreply 170October 1, 2018 11:38 PM

Is Phil showing his magnificent paquage d'amour this season?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 2, 2018 12:20 AM

r170, I was just checking up on past seasons the show.

by Anonymousreply 172October 3, 2018 8:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!