Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Riverdale: The Official Thread -- Part 3

And Jason Blossom's murder is ...

by Anonymousreply 600July 24, 2018 4:02 AM

WTF??? Jason Blossom got killed by his dad, Clifford Blossom, and the Blossoms are drug lords (that's what Jason wanted to get away from)?

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2017 9:03 AM

[quote]And Jason Blossom's murder is ...

MurderER. So sorry for the typo.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2017 9:06 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

I was one of those posters who had been bitching about Joaquin's acting abilities but was prepared to wait some more. Perhaps he was saving all of his acting moves for his confrontation with Kevin? Well, not so much. He's resting on pretty and is totally incapable of any kind of face acting. Good riddance. I [italic]did[/italic] like that trick he did when he would glance at Kevin's mouth when Kevin was talking. That was hot. But even that got stale.

But holy crap, that dude playing Jason. Even in a non-speaking role in the flashbacks, it's clear that he's just a model who's been plucked from the runway a week before filming started. Negative acting talent; he couldn't even sell being beaten up and tied to a chair without vogueing. Don't ever show him again, please.

Cheryl strategically letting out first one tear, then the other. And in sync with the music, no less. That actress is everything.

I was all in for the murder mystery but the breakneck tempo [italic]really[/italic] needs to slow in the next episode. I miss the slower, lighter moments.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2017 12:53 PM

Wow, that was a REALLY good episode.

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2017 2:37 PM

That moment of Cheryl and her mom pointing to the maple storage shed in syncronicity was soooooo creepy.

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2017 2:48 PM

I laughed at the big incest reveal. I mean I'd never enter into a sexual relationship with my 3rd cousins, but that's because I knew them well growing up and have always thought of them as family. That was obviously not the case for Jason and Polly, and as far as genetics are concerned it's just a total non-issue. It was hilarious seeing the characters gasping in shock and disgust.

Godspeed, Joaquin. I truly hope we never have to see you again.

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2017 8:18 PM

Glad they are done with the stupid murder... it started good, but degenerated into a farce with bad writing and worse acting. Even in this episode, only Cole put some effort into acting. Everyone else was just mugging or overacting.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2017 9:23 PM

I hated the incest reveal. First cousins dating and fucking is weird. But, third cousins isn't a huge issue as a previous poster mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2017 10:39 PM

What happened to the previous thread?

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2017 10:43 PM

R9 It hit the limit of 600 posts.

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2017 10:50 PM

[quote]It hit the limit of 600 posts.

About 520 of which were about Archie's tits.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2017 11:07 PM

R10 Go see for yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2017 11:49 PM

R12 I meant R9

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2017 11:50 PM

[quote] About 520 of which were about Archie's tits.

What else would there be to talk about? Molly Ringwald's?

by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2017 2:44 AM

I couldnt figure out the real reason for jason's murder--it had something to do with the drugs being hidden in the maple syrup kegs.

I'm curious where the show will go after this. i think it needs to be more about the kids fucking each other (excuse me, kissing each other, since romantic action in Riverdale never seems to go below the waist) in various permutations. but I would guess they are going to keep up the noirish mystery aspect of the show.

by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2017 2:48 AM

What bugs me most on this show (and mystery shows in general these days) is that it's clear that there was no clear vision of who the murderer is at the start of the show or season. It's just an overload of red herrings to turn pretty much every character into a suspect to cover all the bases and yet end up with a killer where the motive and means end up looking goofy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2017 2:57 AM

I feel like a father shooting his teenage son in the head is maybe a little too dark for a dumb teen soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2017 6:32 AM

r15, Kevin did discuss the size of Moose's cock with Betty in an early episode, so they at least moved from kissing to something.

I thought it was hilarious that Archie's parents thought Riverdale was unsafe, but wanted to move him to Chicago, the murder capital of the US.

by Anonymousreply 18May 6, 2017 10:03 AM

That's cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2017 1:20 PM

[quote]I thought it was hilarious that Archie's parents thought Riverdale was unsafe, but wanted to move him to Chicago, the murder capital of the US.

That's the joke.

Well, that and John Hughes.

by Anonymousreply 20May 9, 2017 1:23 PM

I think it's less about crime rates and more about people. In Chicago Archie wouldn't be directly involved with a murder case, or gang members.

by Anonymousreply 21May 9, 2017 4:04 PM

Season finale bump

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2017 1:06 AM

Archie seemed disappointed by Betty's lack of jealousy about his romance with Veronica

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2017 1:09 AM

So a suicidal teen almost drowns in freezing water and it doesn't occur to anyone that she might need medical assistance?

Josie and "her" pussycats?

Betty: Jughead was "banished!" Bitch, he's a minor whose single parent is in jail. What do you think happens to kids in those situations?

Veronica wears pearls while getting fucked?

This show is so ridiculous, but I just can't quit you, Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2017 2:09 AM

They should just drop the entire Pussycats/Archie's music component of the show. It's not going anywhere interesting and they already shelved it for the last few episodes without anybody missing it.

Only problem is they'd get flak from the diversity police.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2017 2:16 AM

lol at Cheryl burning down the mansion.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2017 3:03 AM

R25, they'd deserve it for going on and on about diversity and parading Josie around as part of the main cast while not showing her at all in the actual show. If they just didn't care about diversity at all, then sure, whatever, it's their show. But they're trying to have their cake and eat it too. It's pathetic. Oh well, RAS is a corny sleaze, so it's not like this particular sleazy move has been a huge surprise.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2017 3:52 AM

I find it hard to believe they'd write Luke Perry off the show after one season. Although I suppose they could him in a dream/Archie's imagination sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2017 4:11 AM

Just watched the finale. By far the worst hour of TV I've seen in years. It's not even fun in a so-bad-it's-almost-good kind of way anymore. Everything is so on the nose and ridiculously heavy handed... Jughead's storyline makes the notorious Marissa changing schools storyline from the worst season of the OC look like an understated work of art. And Archie's singing is just painful... and, for some reason, they just won't make that ungodly noise stop. Done with this show.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2017 4:49 AM

Luke pretty much has to survive. Or Archie will have to go live in Chicago, which kinda kills the show.

And didn't they say we'd see Sabrina the Teenage Witch in the finale, and that she'd become a regular character in season two? Did I blink and miss that?

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2017 5:33 AM

Archie's mom has such mushmouth. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2017 5:47 AM

Even gayish Cole Sprouse can't tempt me to watch next season.... They need to change showrunner or else it is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2017 5:54 AM

Cole's a girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2017 5:56 AM

In what scene did the actor playing Archie actually break his arm?

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2017 6:02 AM

R34 He broke his hand punching through the ice to save Cheryl

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2017 1:39 PM

Well, it started out strong, then went all sorts of lackluster. I won't be back next season.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2017 2:30 PM

All I want for next season is:

More shirtless Archie A hot boyfriend for Kevin Neve Campbell as Jughead's mom No more Josie, but they can keep Valerie

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2017 2:39 PM

maybe some of you haters would see more value in the show if you spent some actual time paying attention to whats on the screen (looking at you r34 ) many negative comments seem to be from people checking their phones thru the entire program.

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2017 2:54 PM

I hope Cheryl got her crazy grandma out before she torched Thornhill.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2017 3:24 PM

I was the biggest fan of the first ten episodes, but the last two or three have been just terrible. Like I said, slow down the pace and get back to basics.

Kevin being used as a device for getting people from point A to point B in their school makes me laugh. I hope he gets a better story next season.

Yes, Cheryl's scene on the ice was beautiful but that's also my complaint; don't glamorise suicide attempts and make them seem like you'll finally get that attention and love from everyone that you've always craved.

Cole needs to stop with that cosmic black hair dye and embrace his natural hair colour. Also, I finally figured out why Archie is such a goofball in my eyes: he has the swimmer's body and the voice of a nerd. A most delightful mismatch.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2017 3:34 PM

This was the first episode where I thought the four of them actually clicked as a group of BFFs. That may just have been because of the milkshake scene, but I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2017 3:36 PM

And I honestly did think they might kill off Cheryl for a minute, too.

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2017 3:37 PM

R40 W/W. I too have become bored with this mess. I was hoping that there would be definitive closure to the main storyline (is there one?). This going on and on aimlessly is tedious.

by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2017 3:44 PM

KJ Apa needs to stop with the road trips with Cole and start fishing for higher-end representation. His chest could take him to a superhero franchise.

by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2017 4:26 PM

I want to see more of Moose and his knuckle

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2017 4:37 PM

And just like that, the reviewer for AV Club gives this episode an A, their highest grade. What am I missing here?!

This was literally the first time with this show where I had to FF some of the dialogue; it was [italic]that[/italic] boring for me.

by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2017 4:39 PM

R38 is taking the criticism real hard. Is that you, RAS? The ratings speak for themselves.

Nothing much, R46, just LaToya's terrible taste.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2017 5:36 PM

The (only) two things I'm excited about in Season 2 are Betty's adopted brother entering the stage and Kevin's storyline.

Perhaps Clay Walker [italic]is[/italic] the lost brother and the two stories will intersect? Wouldn't [italic]that[/italic] be awesome?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2017 5:55 PM

Since Clay is black, Alice would have a lot of explaining to do to Hal.

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2017 5:58 PM

[quote]And I honestly did think they might kill off Cheryl for a minute, too.

I also thought that was going to happen too especially when she had the image of Jason underwater.

I'm curious to see what will be done with the remaining Blossoms in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2017 6:55 PM

After reading this EW recap, I think I watched an entirely different episode. The recap makes the finale sound good. I found it weak and lackluster. Last week's episode would have made a better season final.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2017 7:01 PM

[quote]And didn't they say we'd see Sabrina the Teenage Witch in the finale, and that she'd become a regular character in season two? Did I blink and miss that?

The showrunner early in the season said that Sabrina might pop up in season 1. In last night's finale, there was a line about "something wicked coming". Maybe, they will bring her in early season 2. I could see some kind of storyline, in which Penelope Blossom uses Sabrina to get her wealth back or Cheryl somehow gets involved with the occult.

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2017 7:01 PM

The finale seemed incredibly disjointed. It just felt like they were bouncing around too. I agree with everyone here that thought it was the worse episode to date.

by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2017 7:13 PM

Casey Cott aka Kevin Keller is now a regular for season 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 12, 2017 11:14 PM

And here's Reggie 2.0.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 12, 2017 11:50 PM

R55 Holy. [italic]Shit![/italic]

He's already my favourite character.

by Anonymousreply 56May 12, 2017 11:55 PM

R55 A male model with barely any acting credits...

by Anonymousreply 57May 12, 2017 11:55 PM

No offense, but if you had just shown me that picture and told me it was Reggie, I wouldn't have realized it was a different actor.

by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2017 1:31 AM

I regret not watching this show. I keep seeing lots of good buzz about it. I actually did read the Archie comics way back when. I don't like to watch tv shows on my computer. Any hope that Netflix will pick up Season 1?

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2017 1:36 AM

R59 It's already on Netflix. That's one reason this show survived with such low rating.

by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2017 1:38 AM

Casey Cott has fugly ears.

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2017 3:08 AM

R55 I remember him as Mr Wu the hot Asian guy from AHS Hotel. He has a great ass.

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2017 8:07 AM

I watched the Netflix version of the show's finale and it's credited as an Netflix Original series, I thought it's a CW series?

I just can't with some stuff, like Archie playing guitar with his injured hand in a cast! Not to mention Archie punching the ice with his bare fist!

But I thought overall the episode was decent enough for Riverdale. Corny, campy, shirtless Archie, Cheryl delivers the drama!, Betty has a big brother (blond adonis, no doubt)!, Archie maybe losing his dad (oh no! Not Luke Perry!).

There is a lot to complain about when it comes to Riverdale, but I can't wait for the next season.

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2017 9:11 AM

Reggie 2.0 is hotter than Ross Butler.

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2017 9:53 PM

Doubt we will see Reggie on screen much any way.

by Anonymousreply 65May 13, 2017 10:40 PM

R65 It's been confirmed that he's getting a meatier storyline in season two.

by Anonymousreply 66May 13, 2017 10:42 PM

They would have used him more this season, but Ross Butler went and got himself cast on 13 Reasons Why.

Kevin, Reggie, and Josie are supposed to get more to do next season. I hope that also extends to Ethel.

by Anonymousreply 67May 13, 2017 10:47 PM

I was hugely disappointed not to see Sabrina the Teenaged Witch or Hiram Lodge in the season finale. We've also yet to see Midge Klump (who has been mentioned) or Nancy Woods from the comics--Nancy would be a nice counterpoint to Josie and the Pussycats: a black female student who isn't a diva.

I agree the last episode was the worst of the season. Penelope Blossom was looking at Cheryl outside of the mansion as it burned to the ground like, "Oh, you scamp!" and the introduction of the plot decide of Betty's longlost older brother seems really silly (in the comics, she has an older brother named Chic). I also am amazed the main characters are so skinny given how many malteds they're constantly consuming.

by Anonymousreply 68May 13, 2017 10:59 PM

Hell, if they needed a black student who isn't a diva, they just should have used Valerie more.

I'm not sure the actress playing Melody had a single line.

by Anonymousreply 69May 13, 2017 11:02 PM

I think the last episode seemed so disjointed because the one before was clearly intended to be a series finale in case the show didn't get renewed.

by Anonymousreply 70May 14, 2017 12:57 AM

I believe the storyline of Betty going on a date with Chuck Clayton and then getting a bad rep because of him lying was intended to be with Reggie. But Russ bailed on them and that's when they went with Jordan Calloway's Chuck as substitute.

by Anonymousreply 71May 17, 2017 11:46 AM

R71 Good point! Chuck just came out of nowhere, didn't he? And I'm sorry but it felt a bit wrong, having the one black student be the gross predator. Should've gone with the Asian jock as I've never seen that on TV before.

Fuck Russ for bailing on them. I hope it ends up biting him in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 72May 17, 2017 3:06 PM

Ross, not Russ.

He chose a regular role on 13 Reasons Why over a recurring one on Riverdale. He'd have been stupid not to.

by Anonymousreply 73May 17, 2017 3:07 PM

Eh, the new one's hotter anyway so I'm over it already. I hope that other show bombs in its second season, which shouldn't have been greenlit in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 74May 17, 2017 3:14 PM

I want Archie and Betty as a couple for Season 2!

by Anonymousreply 75May 20, 2017 6:23 PM

This show is way too Scooby Doo and ham handed. The Covergirl product placement shots are so blatant, they interrupt the entire pace of the show to beat you over the head with advertising. An actual commercial is more subtle. I'm sure you will get your wish R75. And if the show is on long enough every other couple combination they can make out of the five main characters will happen too, including some sort of bisexual love triangle with Jug and Kevin and Veronica. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 76May 29, 2017 4:03 PM

We are SO going to miss you, R29. But I'm sure you vaginate elsewhere, so we won't be completely rid of you.

by Anonymousreply 77May 29, 2017 4:10 PM

How do they cover Apa's shoulder tattoo for his many shirtless scenes? Makeup, or digitally remove it?

by Anonymousreply 78June 22, 2017 10:25 AM

Urgh! Finally watched this mess tonight with some friends - had seen people on here talking about it - and some other friends liked it...

Dreck.

It was like it tried to be Twin Peaks, Melrose Place, Veronica Mars and a few others - only without any of the good stuff they had going for them. Heaven handed. Cliched. Amateur-ish model/actors. So disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 79July 15, 2017 11:55 AM

Lol! Make that heavy-handed

by Anonymousreply 80July 15, 2017 12:56 PM

so, tell us how you really feel.

by Anonymousreply 81July 15, 2017 3:14 PM

R79 No one will argue with you here. The first few episode gave me some faint hope, but once Betty and Jughead hooked up it was doomed.

by Anonymousreply 82July 15, 2017 6:56 PM

[bold]Riverdale Casts Hart Denton to Play Betty's Long-Lost Brother Chic[/bold]

[quote]Riverdale‘s Cooper family is getting bigger (and more complicated): Relative newcomer Hart Denton has been cast as Betty’s long-lost brother Chic, TVLine has learned exclusively.

[quote]The actor/musician’s only previous TV acting credit is an episode of Fox’s Lethal Weapon that aired last year, but he certainly looks the part of a Cooper — blonde hair and all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 7, 2017 5:54 PM

R83, he’s cute. A Google search shows no nudes, which is disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 84October 7, 2017 6:03 PM

Can't wait for the new season. I love it. Teen camp trash.

by Anonymousreply 85October 7, 2017 6:52 PM

R83 Is Chic pronounced "chick"? lol

by Anonymousreply 86October 7, 2017 7:21 PM

I had to turn off the second season premiere twenty minutes in, it was so bad. And I loved the first season! But that mystery at the beginning is not interesting in the least. And Cole Sprouse butching it up with his motorcycle? What was [italic]that[/italic] all about?!

People say Kevin sucks in this first episode as well so I'm only catching up with the show again if something interesting happens to his character.

by Anonymousreply 87October 12, 2017 1:27 PM

The show was fun weird in the first season but this episode was just odd. I'm always happy to see Archie's body but was washing off his dad's blood while you don't know if he's going to live, the time to have shower sex with Veronica? A killer targeting people associated with Archie? Archie sitting in the hallway with a bat, protecting his family from a gunman? Hopefully it get's better.

by Anonymousreply 88October 12, 2017 1:34 PM

R87 The show wants to turn Jughead into a moody bad boy teen idol! Riverdale is now just another teen soap that takes itself too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 89October 12, 2017 2:22 PM

Apa's Archie is just so damn boring to watch... I literally fell asleep after the shower scene. My mind must have given up thinking that was already the "best" part of the episode. lol

by Anonymousreply 90October 12, 2017 2:56 PM

ms grundy.... oh boy

by Anonymousreply 91October 13, 2017 4:01 AM

“Riverdale” began its second season on The CW Wednesday night with its best ratings ever. The show scored a 0.8 rating among adults 18-49, three tenths of a point higher than its previous best set by the series premiere. The CW says the show was the highest-rated among teens (ages 12-17) on the network since a “Vampire Diaries” episode five years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 13, 2017 2:44 PM

this "teen" (in his 6th teenhood) loved it.

by Anonymousreply 93October 13, 2017 3:01 PM

[quote]I'm always happy to see Archie's body but was washing off his dad's blood while you don't know if he's going to live, the time to have shower sex with Veronica?

That was odd - even for a CW show.

Also, they should have at least made these kids seniors (esp. since they actually look like seniors in college). Archie does not even have his driver's license yet.

I did not religiously watch every episode last year, but does Veronica's Mom almost seem like a completely different character? It is like they did a 180 on her personality and morals.

It does seem like it takes itself too seriously now.

by Anonymousreply 94October 13, 2017 3:21 PM

I think the change in Veronica's mom was suppose to reflect the fact that her husband was back.

by Anonymousreply 95October 13, 2017 3:24 PM

r94 its the old "i survived a harrowing event so i have to have sex to prove to myself i'm still alive" trope

by Anonymousreply 96October 13, 2017 3:24 PM

They’re 15-year-old whores!

by Anonymousreply 97October 13, 2017 5:54 PM

Love the premiere. Love the visuals. I didn't know I miss her until Cheryl made her great entrance in the hospital with her badly burned mom.

Good Ms. Grundy, now giving young, male students private lessons in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 98October 14, 2017 6:45 PM

Great song from the first episode. It plays at the end when Archie prepares to guard the house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 14, 2017 6:56 PM

I still like the show, even with it's flaws. But I do have a question. Is this show like Gotham where it's not set in any particular time period? For instance, at the hospital, the doctors and nurses were in old fashioned gear. The cars are all from all different periods. There are modern cell phone, but the tech seems to be from multiple eras. Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2017 12:28 AM

I don't think it's supposed to be anything other than the present, R100. But who knows? I didn't even remember Dylan got shot at the end of last year.

by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2017 1:20 AM

Gave it a try this season, and I can't get through the first episode. Archie is just so boring, and Jughead has no bite anymore. He's just Betty's bitch, I mean, bf. Don't care about any of the other characters including the gay one. Even the bland Kevin Keller in the comic books is more interesting than this gay best friend on screen. So it's bye bye Riverdale for me.

by Anonymousreply 102October 16, 2017 2:06 AM

r100, there are a lot of retro callbacks like the Diner (the meeting place for the teen gang) which are part of the Archie comic book franchise which started ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 103October 16, 2017 8:22 AM

Seriously just started watching. Are Mr. Weatherby and Miss Grundy in the cast?

by Anonymousreply 104October 16, 2017 8:56 AM

Miss Grundy was in the first episode of season 1, and has been run out of town. She packed up her VW Bug and left to find more students to molest. Probably the creepiest of many creepy characters.

by Anonymousreply 105October 16, 2017 10:35 AM

Miss Grundy was murdered at the end of the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 106October 16, 2017 11:29 AM

Spoiler:

Wow, a serial killer is on the loose in Riverdale. His latest victims: Midge Klump and Moose!

by Anonymousreply 107October 19, 2017 3:44 PM

double spoiler

Moose seems to have survived

by Anonymousreply 108October 19, 2017 5:38 PM

[quote]Moose seems to have survived

I would have been a ;little surprised if they killed him off, because I thought they were setting him up for a coming to terms with his sexuality story (although I did not watch the second part of last season as consistently.)

by Anonymousreply 109October 19, 2017 5:40 PM

Spoiler .... Moose survived after all? Didn't see any trailer or preview of the next episode, so that's surprising. I thought both are goners.

by Anonymousreply 110October 19, 2017 5:50 PM

No comments about Penelope Blossom's Gloria Swanson turban?

by Anonymousreply 111October 21, 2017 1:04 AM

you mean the burn victim?

by Anonymousreply 112October 21, 2017 12:32 PM

She had bandages and a Gloria Swanson turban atop it.

by Anonymousreply 113October 21, 2017 1:35 PM

Will Kevin dramatically rush to Moose's bedside?

by Anonymousreply 114October 21, 2017 4:23 PM

They should make the Blossom mom undergo plastic surgery and then she is played a different actress afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 115October 21, 2017 4:28 PM

I wonder if the serial killer might be a new, crazy boyfriend of Archie's mom who doesn't want her to move back to Riverdale and get back with Archie's dad?

by Anonymousreply 116October 21, 2017 4:37 PM

So I decided to give it another go and watched both episodes. Honestly, I just FF through all the Archie drama. The Hiram stuff and anything connected to the Blossom family is what interests me. And Kevin of course, except he's still just a third wheel. Though I thought that other torturer in the trailer had some cookie-smelling potential as well.

The new Reggie guy is better in all respects, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 117October 21, 2017 7:17 PM

Who is the local drug and gun dealer, is it Reggie's little brother (the scout who turned out to have shot the gun people were hearing in those flashbacks)?

by Anonymousreply 118October 21, 2017 7:34 PM

[quote]Who is the local drug and gun dealer, is it Reggie's little brother (the scout who turned out to have shot the gun people were hearing in those flashbacks)?

That would be Dilton Doiley, Riverdale's own Alex Jones listening RWNJ.

by Anonymousreply 119October 21, 2017 9:08 PM

The biggest mystery to me is how an Hispanic family ended up with the English surname of Lodge.

by Anonymousreply 120October 22, 2017 5:07 PM

Wow... the whole bit about Kevin cruising in the woods has been handled really well, imho.

by Anonymousreply 121October 26, 2017 12:34 AM

Kevin is rocking it. Holy shit. Love the way he just ripped into Betty for her "concern" about his cruising.

by Anonymousreply 122October 26, 2017 12:41 AM

Holy shit, that scene with Kevin and his dad just moved me to tears... fuck.

by Anonymousreply 123October 26, 2017 12:57 AM

[quote]The biggest mystery to me is how an Hispanic family ended up with the English surname of Lodge.

I assumed Lodge would be an old white guy — Alan Dale or someone like him. Camila Mendes looks pretty mixed (though I guess she isn’t).

by Anonymousreply 124October 26, 2017 1:17 AM

I love that Kevin is, unlike every prime-time gay guy before, unapologetically sexual.

That was as close to real as a show like this can get I think.

by Anonymousreply 125October 26, 2017 3:06 AM

Wow. Where did that stuff with Kevin come from?

by Anonymousreply 126October 27, 2017 12:58 AM

This Kevin is a dirty dirty boy... soon he will be charging for sex. Totally unlike the comic book goody-two-shoes Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 127October 27, 2017 1:01 AM

Kevin was fooling around with Moose last season, but decided he didn't want to be the side piece of a closeted bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 128October 27, 2017 4:47 AM

Kevin needs to show some ass.

by Anonymousreply 129October 28, 2017 3:57 PM

Yeah, Casey Cott has been working out.

by Anonymousreply 130October 28, 2017 4:09 PM

Betty is a terrible fag hag.

by Anonymousreply 131October 28, 2017 4:18 PM

At first, I was certain Betty said Fuck's Forest while she was confronting Kevin so I had to check the CC and of course, it was Fox Forest.

I was glad he finally called her out on her hetero privilege and just how much easier she has it. Having said that, I hope his slut phase ends soon and that he gets a steady boyfriend again.

by Anonymousreply 132October 28, 2017 4:33 PM

The last episode was so good! We finally got more Kevin. He was the character that got least screen time last season, it's about damn time they expand on his home life, sex life etc. Also, I like the relationship between him and Moose, they have chemistry. I wouldn't mind them ending up together, he really seems to care about Kevin, what he said to him was really sweet. I think he likes him in a romantic way too. I hope they go somewhere with these two, it would be such a missed opportunity if they didn't. I wouldn't even mind a slow burn storyline, as long as it's done well. I want them to hang out more, have conversations like the one in the hospital, just building a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 133October 28, 2017 9:14 PM

Just saw the last 2 episodes, and they are decidedly better than the first one. The storytelling has improved. The scenes seen shorter, and the pace is quicker in moving the plot along. Now I see the benefit of having Jughead go to another school, so he can have scenes alone and away from Betty and Archie, both of whom are such dull presence. Kevin's story is pretty good, but a bit preachy. But then things screeched to a halt with that ridiculous scene with the worst acting... the Archie and the Red Circle video at the end of episode 3. It felt more like an ad for a new S/M club in town. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 30, 2017 7:23 AM

Bump for tonight. I am only watching for Jughead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135November 2, 2017 12:01 AM

My prediction is that the Black Hood won't be anyone we've already seen on the show because there's really no one interesting he could be. He's older than the kids, but he can't be Fred Andrews (he shot him) or F. P. Jones (he was in prison when the Red Hood shot Fred) or Smithers (too fat) or Mr. Weatherbee (who is black) or Sheriff Keller (who would he be obsessed with Betty?). That leaves only one suspect as a major male character on the show who is the right age--Mr.Lodge--and that's too obvious, because he's been fingered on the show as the most likely suspect.

It's someone obsessed with Betty, so I think it's going to be a character from the comics who we've yet to see on the show. in the comics, Betty has not only a sister Polly (who we've seen on the show), but also a brother, Chic--I predict the Black Hood is going to be her long-lost brother Chic.

by Anonymousreply 136November 3, 2017 5:49 AM

The fourth episode was pretty dull since it centered on Archie as a leader of the "Red Circle" and Apa was as charisma free as before so it just fell flat. The whole Black Hood mystery is already getting tiresome. Hope they don't drag this thing on for the whole season.

by Anonymousreply 137November 3, 2017 6:43 AM

So, Hiram Lodge (Mark Consuelos) is a Vladimir Putin type of baddie who schemes to create all sorts of chaos in Riverdale?

by Anonymousreply 138November 3, 2017 6:48 AM

R138 I guess next he will become mayor by hook or by crook.

by Anonymousreply 139November 3, 2017 7:56 AM

Why in a million years would a Hispanic man be named "Hiram"? Hiram is an ultra-Protestant name--the first Hiram was the legendary founder of the Freemasons.

by Anonymousreply 140November 3, 2017 9:12 PM

I just can't get excited for any of the storylines except for Kevin's. It took me around five minutes to watch the last episode as I just FFed through the boring parts. I don't know what it was about the first season that gripped me so but this one feels stale already and none of it is working for me. It would be nice if they stopped focusing on the charisma-free KJ Apa, for starters.

by Anonymousreply 141November 3, 2017 9:28 PM

r141 maybe if you actually watch the show you'd have an idea about what is happening. but i guess searching for skin of underage "high school" boys is all that you seem to respond to.....

by Anonymousreply 142November 3, 2017 9:45 PM

I guess I'm the last to find out that Cole Sprouse played Ross' son on Friends.

by Anonymousreply 143November 3, 2017 10:02 PM

R142 You're accusing me of being a paedophile based on me - a homosexual - being intrigued by the gay guy's storyline more than the other plots? Did you skip the part about me being obsessed with the first season? I watched the first couple of episodes of this season in full but gave up shortly after and just started FFing it.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but these actors are in their twenties. So the same age as me. And I get off with the help of porn, not college dramas, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 144November 3, 2017 10:40 PM

No one is watching anymore? The highlight last night was Jughead in a wife beater for his gang initiation. KJ's acting was as bad as ever. Nick St. Whatever should have been cast with a hotter actor. Don't give a hoot if he gets killed.

by Anonymousreply 145November 9, 2017 10:32 AM

I watched last night. It is one thing to explore the dark side, but the show is really dreary and depressing. Everyone is miserable and a few of them are being sadistically tormented. It also takes itself way to seriously and the Southside stuff seems pretty cliche ridden. I enjoyed it last year, and I think the cast is actually pretty decent for this type of show, but the couple of episodes I have caught this year have fallen flat.

by Anonymousreply 146November 9, 2017 12:15 PM

WELL YOUR WRONG AND PROBABLY FAT!

by Anonymousreply 147November 9, 2017 2:11 PM

WTF happened to him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 9, 2017 3:30 PM

R146 Yes, can't they just be vapid teenagers. These actors are not really suited for such dramatic dark materials. Cole is trying a bit but still comes off looking ridiculous at times. KJ and the others are sort of limping their way through the murders and mayhem.

by Anonymousreply 149November 9, 2017 6:18 PM

Graham Phillips is still a hot twink. Loved trampy Mama Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 150November 10, 2017 12:11 AM

i found him quite unattractive ^

by Anonymousreply 151November 10, 2017 12:57 AM

R150 Oh, that's who it was... from the Good Wife. Since his face ain't all that.. they should have had him go shirtless or something.

by Anonymousreply 152November 10, 2017 1:07 AM

Let's focus on the positive: Madchen Amick owning in a snake-skin print dress, making an entrance like she was on Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 153November 10, 2017 11:55 AM

R153 LOL That scene came out of nowhere and kind of fizzled out because it had no real significance.

by Anonymousreply 154November 10, 2017 12:02 PM

Who cares? I just wanted her to pull off her earrings and throw Hermione Lodge or Mayor Robin Givens into the nearest lily pond.

by Anonymousreply 155November 10, 2017 1:45 PM

Mädchen Amick's entrance in the slutty snake dress was very funny, but they had no follow-up for it, which was disappointing. I assume it was so she could take ownership about the revelation of her sordid past, but it was just kind of tossed in there.

I hope Betty's psychological torture ends soon. That "Lollipop" ringtone is so annoying.

So far the series's camp classic moment was last night when all the kids (except for Betty, and Jughead and Toni, who were not there) were at the party tripping on Jingle Jangle--even Archie! I think that's the first time I've ever seen drug use tossed off so casually on a TV show--there was no discussion of what it meant for Veronica, Archie, Kevin, and Josie and the Pussycats to use drugs, nor was there even a wink (as on "That 70s Show')--it was just assumed this is a normal part of life for them, and the only person who had any sort of minor ethical struggle with it was Archie.

Jughead looks ridiculous as a gang member in his weird beret.

by Anonymousreply 156November 10, 2017 6:28 PM

Look what they make KJ wear for his photoshoot...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 12, 2017 3:48 AM

They need more KJ shirtlessness.

by Anonymousreply 158November 12, 2017 4:10 AM

I thought it was hilarious that all the kids made that new city boy their leader and just took drugs to be as cool as new city boy. Peer pressure starts with a (charismatic) leader getting the ball rolling.

I thought it was rather poignant that they chose Cheryl as Nick's roofie victim. Even a slutty and crazy Queen Bee like her still needs to be sober and consent to what is going on. And you know she would have give him at least a handjob (but that's not what that creep wanted).

Love Alice's entrance at the party (I'm a member of the Southside Serpents, so what?). But does that mean they just dismiss her hypocrisy for going after the Southside Serpents?

by Anonymousreply 159November 12, 2017 3:38 PM

Gregg Araki is directing episode 11.

I'm really trying to figure that one out.

by Anonymousreply 160November 13, 2017 2:23 AM

[quote] Gregg Araki is directing episode 11. I'm really trying to figure that one out.

I would guess we can expect some guy-on-guy action between Kevin and Reggie.

by Anonymousreply 161November 13, 2017 2:31 AM

Funny that Gregg Araki is being asked to do it since it was Netflix's show13 Reasons Why that created all the scheduling conflicts with Ross Butler, Reggie from 1st season. Gregg Araki directed several episodes for 13 Reasons Why (four episodes)

by Anonymousreply 162November 13, 2017 2:36 AM

I thought I'd tune out after the first episode but I gave it an American Horror Story try and glad I stuck with it.

by Anonymousreply 163November 14, 2017 3:43 AM

R163 Yes, same here, the frist episode sucked, but the second and third were enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 164November 14, 2017 3:46 AM

This has been the best season ever. the tribute to the drag race from "Grease" this week (with Cheryl as Cha Cha!) was brilliant, as is the ongoing plotline about Jingle Jangle, the bizarre made-up drug the kids take through pixie stix.

by Anonymousreply 165November 17, 2017 5:14 AM

The reveal of the Sugar Man was lame though. But I am really just watching for Jughead in a tank top, so who cares...

by Anonymousreply 166November 17, 2017 5:36 AM

I am a bit bummed that they dropped the sinister "Lollipop" ringtone (Black Hood.calling Betty). Cheryl literally steals the show (pushing the South Side Serpent chick aside to be the one starting the race). Love it. The leader of the Ghoulies. Wowza!

by Anonymousreply 167November 17, 2017 10:52 AM

yea! the hot black dude (chuck) is back and looking GOOOOD!

by Anonymousreply 168November 30, 2017 1:16 AM

Sherriff Keller needs to take his shirt off more often.

by Anonymousreply 169November 30, 2017 12:07 PM

Sherriff Keller. Wow! Archie who?

by Anonymousreply 170November 30, 2017 5:30 PM

His nipples were popping off my screen

by Anonymousreply 171November 30, 2017 5:51 PM

Daddy Keller was surprisingly fit... Who wouldn't want to have an affair with him?

by Anonymousreply 172November 30, 2017 8:24 PM

Is Cole contractually obligated to wear a tank top in every episode now? Not that I am complaining.

by Anonymousreply 173December 1, 2017 2:01 AM

OMG, the actor who plays Sheriff Keller was the dorky film guy in Friday the 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 1, 2017 3:39 AM

I want that DILF sheriff inside me ASAP!!!

And the sexiest thing about him isn't even his hot body or rugged good looks. It's his gravely coarse voice!! Mmm... I could listen to him read the dictionary!!

Dumb bitch Veronica... I would've dropped my panties and bent over on the spot if I heard him grunting and working up a sweat!!

by Anonymousreply 175December 1, 2017 6:51 AM

Well, it did sound like Veronica was hitting on Sherriff when she asked him about how he releases all the tension while his wife is away. Was a total LOL moment with Kevin coming down the stairs like he's cock blocking her.

by Anonymousreply 176December 1, 2017 7:02 AM

R176 The Sherriff may be a cheater but he's no Roy Moore.

by Anonymousreply 177December 1, 2017 8:49 PM

I think I actually managed a "HOLY SHIT!" when we saw the Sheriff.

by Anonymousreply 178December 2, 2017 1:18 AM

[quote] Dumb bitch Veronica... I would've dropped my panties and bent over on the spot if I heard him grunting and working up a sweat!!

yes, Momma.

by Anonymousreply 179December 2, 2017 1:22 AM

Anyone notice that the Mayor and Sheriff were hooking up at the Shady Pines Motel?

In case you forgot this show was brought to you by gay men.

by Anonymousreply 180December 2, 2017 1:25 AM

If it was really brought to you by gay men, wouldn't they have the sheriff hooking up with a guy?

by Anonymousreply 181December 2, 2017 3:06 AM

Juggy is hotter than a fuck, bro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 2, 2017 3:39 AM

R182 Eww... I prefer him a bit less dirty.

by Anonymousreply 183December 2, 2017 5:06 AM

I need to see Nu-Reggie and Moose Eiffel Towering Dilton Doiley. Archie and Jughead flip-flopping. And Hiram Lodge getting spit-roasted by Kevin and Sheriff Keller.

by Anonymousreply 184December 2, 2017 7:07 AM

How can you not be gay if your dad is Sheriff Keller? Sorry lol

by Anonymousreply 185December 2, 2017 7:45 AM

Is this show worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 186December 2, 2017 8:36 AM

Nifty Fanfic: Kevin Keller as the Riverdale slut... No plot whatsoever just sex!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 2, 2017 9:28 AM

R186 If you like to watch a dim high school jock team up with his smirky, angsty friend in a stupid hat solve nonsensical murder mysteries along with their annoying gfs/beards...

by Anonymousreply 188December 2, 2017 9:36 AM

They've also finally announced The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, but for Netflix, not the CW, so I guess we won't be seeing an Archie-verse.

by Anonymousreply 189December 2, 2017 10:21 AM

R186 YES.

R187 Thanks, man!

by Anonymousreply 190December 2, 2017 12:34 PM

R182, that is filthy! I love it.

by Anonymousreply 191December 2, 2017 12:40 PM

Wow, Jughead just does not do it for me in the slightest. Too scrawny and nerdy no matter what he wears or doesn't wear.

Oddly, neither Kevin Keller or his father do it for me in their usual clothes--only when Kevin's wearing slutwear or he and his father have their shirts off are they hot.

Reggie and Archie are hot even clothed, but neither is much of an actor.

by Anonymousreply 192December 2, 2017 5:33 PM

Riverdale has turned into Jughead and Friends. That's a good thing since he's the most appealing and sympathetic protagonist, a downtrodden kid with no supportive parents around trying to make it in the world with just his quick wit and scrappy attitude. Also, Cole is the only who can act.

by Anonymousreply 193December 2, 2017 5:47 PM

Camilla Mendes can act. I think she's even better.

by Anonymousreply 194December 2, 2017 5:51 PM

R194 She would fit right in on Gossip Girl.

by Anonymousreply 195December 2, 2017 5:54 PM

R193 What about Mean Girl Cheryl

by Anonymousreply 196December 2, 2017 7:55 PM

R196 Cheryl is a scene stealer for sure, but she's not given enough to do. She's stuck being a generic mean girl foil/support for Betty & Veronica.

by Anonymousreply 197December 2, 2017 8:02 PM

How long are they going to drag out this Black Hood garbage? Everyone knows it's Betty's long lost brother that Alice gave up for adoption.

by Anonymousreply 198December 2, 2017 9:51 PM

Damn, Camilla Mendes has a beautiful voice. But what an odd choice of song for Archie and Veronica to sing in a biker bar. And then 15-year-old Betty does a striptease in front of said bikers and her mother! Oh, Riverdale. Don’t ever change.

by Anonymousreply 199December 7, 2017 1:49 AM

I was caught off guard by that scene between Skeet Ulrich and Cole Sprouse when FP revealed to Jughead why he's joining the Serpents again. That was some damn good acting. On Riverdale.

by Anonymousreply 200December 8, 2017 6:29 AM

Can we just talk about how Madchen Amick just needs to be a Serpent all the time. And the long-lost brother is totally FP's baby, not Hal's right?

The fangirl rage of "Bughead" (shudder)'s breakup is amusing.

by Anonymousreply 201December 9, 2017 6:52 PM

I hope Penny's dad turns out to be the Black Hood so Alice can hook up with FP.

by Anonymousreply 202December 9, 2017 6:58 PM

R202 Penny??

by Anonymousreply 203December 10, 2017 2:53 AM

r203, sorry, I meant Betty's and Polly's dad. Hal Cooper (Lochlyn Munro).

by Anonymousreply 204December 10, 2017 7:14 AM

So Mr. Svenson is the Black Hood... but probably not, since he didn't have the requisite blazing green eyes. I assume he was just a pawn of the real Black Hood, who s course is Betty's brother Chic Cooper.

I liked the homage to Twin Peaks, with Betty's dream of the Black hood crawling over the sofa in the living room.

Wasn't sure what to make of Mrs. Blossom having sex with the guy at the Andrews's Christmas tree farm. Has she become a prostitute?

by Anonymousreply 205December 15, 2017 12:36 AM

[quote]Camilla Mendes can act. I think she's even better.

I think she's a decent actress.

by Anonymousreply 206December 15, 2017 9:29 PM

R26 OMG its Camilla! #starstrucked

by Anonymousreply 207December 15, 2017 9:50 PM

[quote] #starstrucked

#ohdear

by Anonymousreply 208December 15, 2017 11:51 PM

God, the fangirls are tiring.

"They're going for Barchie? I'm never watching the show again. Bughead #OTP."

by Anonymousreply 209December 17, 2017 1:30 PM

Stopped watching a couple of episodes ago as it was boring me to tears. Has Kevin finally gotten something to do? That's the only thing that could get me to start watching again.

by Anonymousreply 210December 17, 2017 1:49 PM

R210 Theyre definitely setting him up with Moose. If you saw the next episode's trailer, you see Kevin flirting with someone.

by Anonymousreply 211December 17, 2017 2:15 PM

R211 Oh, that's interesting! I was hoping they would set him up with Betty's brother.

by Anonymousreply 212December 17, 2017 2:23 PM

I want to see Kevin with Sweet Pea!

by Anonymousreply 213December 17, 2017 3:42 PM

R209 Barchie is way more canon and OTP in the comics than Bughead, which is TV heresy.

by Anonymousreply 214December 17, 2017 3:44 PM

r214, what do you mean with OTP, over the top?

by Anonymousreply 215December 17, 2017 6:21 PM

Cheryl Blossom is fucking *everything* in this show. Seriously, the actress playing her is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 216December 17, 2017 6:23 PM

The latest episode was way off and somehow disjointed imo.

- there was no scene of Archie and his dad reacting to Veronica paying the hospital bill.

- there was no real story development around the Blossoms being broke and having to come up with something to get their hands on some cash.

It didn't feel like these story plots were covered in a coherent way within the episode imo (of course they most likely lead to a multi episode arc, but still).

by Anonymousreply 217December 17, 2017 6:30 PM

R215 OTP = One True Pairing in fandom slang. The two characters who are meant to be together according to fans.

by Anonymousreply 218December 17, 2017 6:32 PM

R212 Yea! He would look good with Chic Cooper(Betty's brother) as well.

by Anonymousreply 219December 17, 2017 9:35 PM

This Hart Denton who plays Chic barely has any acting credits. His 24 and has the gaunt face of a druggie. Kind of icky looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 17, 2017 10:32 PM

R220 He's 24.

by Anonymousreply 221December 17, 2017 10:33 PM

So this is how he'll look like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 17, 2017 10:50 PM

R222 He looks older than Archie.

by Anonymousreply 223December 17, 2017 10:53 PM

Geez, he looks like an emaciated Dave Franco. He gives me a bad flashback of the guy who played the Blossom twin in season one.

by Anonymousreply 224December 17, 2017 11:14 PM

That's because they look for actors who look comic-ish.

by Anonymousreply 225December 17, 2017 11:54 PM

In the comics, Chic is supposed to be Betty's older brother in his twenties, and "works as a secret agent for the United States government."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 18, 2017 1:07 AM

How are the Blossoms broke, anyway? Don't they still own a syrup business?

by Anonymousreply 227December 18, 2017 1:16 AM

I think he is older in the TV show here - Betty's mom had him in secret before she was married (I think).

by Anonymousreply 228December 18, 2017 1:29 AM

[quote]I think he is older in the TV show here - Betty's mom had him in secret before she was married (I think).

He's so clearly going to be Alice's son with FP.

by Anonymousreply 229December 18, 2017 1:31 AM

A Riverdale mention in Will & Grace yesterday. Jack freaked out when Will said Riverdale was canceled. Jack: "What? No! OMG! Archie is our hottest ginger!"

by Anonymousreply 230January 6, 2018 4:25 AM

Was Riverdale really cancelled??

by Anonymousreply 231January 6, 2018 5:14 AM

Midseason return trailer.

I finally binged this season after having given up three episodes in. Let's just say I'm glad the whole gang and the masked man plots seem to be over. Such a misfire on every level, in my opinion. I want a good old reset now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 10, 2018 8:47 PM

R232 Sorry, but the masked man plot is NOT over. The town now thinks the janitor was the killer, but Betty is suspecting that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 233January 10, 2018 10:51 PM

Wasn't there some hint that Archie doesn't believe it's over because he's so sure that he saw that the masked man who shot his dad has blue eyes? Had the janitor blue eyes?

by Anonymousreply 234January 10, 2018 10:54 PM

Is Betty’s brother a male whore?

by Anonymousreply 235January 18, 2018 1:11 AM

R235 Who isn't?

by Anonymousreply 236January 18, 2018 1:19 AM

Lots of hot Reggie with his shirt off tonight. I also like Fangs, who has been cruising Kevin Keller.

But is it just me or is Kevin Keller to Riverdale what Matt Fielding used to be to Melrose Place? The gay handsome character who never is given a good plot where he interacts with the major characters, but just hangs around on the periphery so they can say "Oh, they have a gay character, too."

by Anonymousreply 237January 18, 2018 4:04 AM

R237 Kevin in this show does play the token gay role... he's only ever going to be peripheral to the main hetero four. It helps a bit that they have a murder plot all the time, and he's the Sheriff's son, so he's not as forced into the main plot as Matt Fielding once was.

by Anonymousreply 238January 18, 2018 4:12 AM

Reggie is incredibly hot. Hotter than Archie actually.

by Anonymousreply 239January 18, 2018 4:33 AM

If only Reggie and Archie could be a couple...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240January 18, 2018 6:19 AM

I'm starting to like this show again, after the horrendous gang and the masked man plots ended, despite R233 guessing the latter will return at some point.

Betty's brother looks very much like Mädchen Amick's and Dave Franco's son. He has insane cheeks but he really ought to open his mouth more when he speaks. Talking through your teeth is too cliched to convey a character's shadiness. Speaking of cliches, "Last Resort" as the name of the hostel he'd been living in - really?! I wonder if he'll continue with his Chaturbate career in Betty's home. I also want Kevin to hook up with him and not Fangs who just seems like a generic L.A. gay.

by Anonymousreply 241January 18, 2018 2:02 PM

I think Kevin will have multiple boyfriends in this show. He's gonna be a hoe

He still has Chic and Moose on the side, if his relationship with Fangs doesnt work. I like Fangs for him tho ❤❤

by Anonymousreply 242January 18, 2018 3:42 PM

In that last shot of the episode with Betty's brother he looked more like a scary snake creature than an actual human. Really spooky.

I wonder if the fight with the landlord was faked to give him an excuse to join the Cooper family?

by Anonymousreply 243January 18, 2018 3:46 PM

I'm liking creepy Chic. New favorite character.

by Anonymousreply 244January 18, 2018 4:19 PM

[quote]Wasn't sure what to make of Mrs. Blossom having sex with the guy at the Andrews's Christmas tree farm. Has she become a prostitute?

yes, she's now The Happy Hooker

by Anonymousreply 245January 23, 2018 11:24 PM

They're not going to be able to resist making Chic FP's son, right?

by Anonymousreply 246January 24, 2018 1:54 AM

video slut? poor Chic

by Anonymousreply 247January 25, 2018 12:14 AM

betty the cam slut next week? ow's that work for a high schooler?

by Anonymousreply 248January 25, 2018 1:22 AM

some fun wrestling scenes tonight. the black kid is also on Black Lightning. they made sure to get his shirt off on that show too.

by Anonymousreply 249January 25, 2018 1:37 AM

I flipped on the last 20 minutes or so and the wrestling singlets were a bit bizarre even for this show. With the really low neck and back showing off the nipples they looked like they were from some adult video rather than a school uniform. I know they are going for the beefcake and not necessarily realism, but I had flashbacks to the video Archie made with all of the shirtless guys around him.

It would probably lessen the tension with the parents, so I see why they want them high school age, but with the stuff the kids are doing, it really seems like they should at least be college age, or at least seniors... Although they look like they are all about to start to study for their GRE, so I suppose it does not really matter.

I used to like Jughead, but I find him a little tiresome now for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 250January 25, 2018 2:18 AM

Sometimes Cole Sprouse is hot, and sometimes he looks really strange. i guess he's the ideal person to play Jughead.

Mark Conseulos crushing Kj Apa (with both wearing singlets) was pretty hot.

You could tell it was a Gregg Araki episode; Chic Cooper, we learned, is an escort.

by Anonymousreply 251January 25, 2018 3:30 AM

Mark Conseulos is surprisingly short--Apa towers over him.

by Anonymousreply 252January 25, 2018 3:34 AM

two's company, three's a crowd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 25, 2018 3:34 AM

R251 Mark totally had that whole scene written in.

by Anonymousreply 254January 25, 2018 3:35 AM

R253 A Cole Sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 255January 25, 2018 3:35 AM

There's a season 2 thread, you know.

Archie in a singlet almost made me faint.

by Anonymousreply 256January 25, 2018 7:01 AM

Gregg Araki directed the latest episode. So many great moments. Warning SPOILERS; obvs.

The wrestling, Kevin beating Archie, Kevin raising his hand to volunteer wrestling with Hiram.

Kevin talking with Betty about her brother being a video gigolo! Betty's brother being a creep even when he's trying to be nice.

Love Cheryl's "cameras aren't here Jackie O." and Penelope's "Well, how do yout think we started with the Maple Syrup business?" and Cheryl's demand to honor her great, great, great grand pappy instead of some general.

Guest star: Graham Greene.

Love the location of the local fair with that little bit of mist. It was outside but still felt claustrophobic.

The reaction of Josie to Veronica's performance was priceless.

All that tension between Archie and Hiram was so darn sexy.

Hart Denton looks so much like Dave Franco. It makes the character he playes even creepier, because I keep thinking that whenever I see him.

by Anonymousreply 257January 25, 2018 10:17 AM

I love Penelope, Chery's mom, being so unapologetic about being a "Lady of the Night" nowdays. It's like "I get my pussy grabbed for a living, welcome to Trump's Amerika" after the Blossoms have fallen from grace.

by Anonymousreply 258January 25, 2018 10:40 AM

It was kind of Betty not to point out that Kevin basically admitted to jerking off to videos of her brother online.

by Anonymousreply 259January 25, 2018 11:00 AM

Kevin looked really pumped in his wrestling shirt , unfortunately he never took it off. Half way through the season and still no story for him, disappointing.

They are doing an episode this season where they put on the musical "Carrie". Cheryl is Carrie and Betty's mom is Mrs. White. Cannot wait, love that musical.

by Anonymousreply 260January 25, 2018 11:39 AM

You mean that ISN'T Dave Franco?!?

And R260, Kevin had a great moment when he read Betty to filth for criticizing him for cruising in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 261January 25, 2018 1:39 PM

And for the record, the official season 2 thread is here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262January 25, 2018 1:39 PM

Why do you keep pushing this new thread, this one is just fine.

by Anonymousreply 263January 25, 2018 1:43 PM

Because this is the season one thread, dumbass. Duh?

by Anonymousreply 264January 25, 2018 2:00 PM

[quote]Half way through the season and still no story for him, disappointing.

His cruising in the woods story happened this season while the Black Hood killer was still on the loose.

by Anonymousreply 265January 25, 2018 2:21 PM

No, it's the Official Thread part 3. Asshole

by Anonymousreply 266January 25, 2018 2:22 PM

r265 here, my bad. I thought poster was writing about the first half of the second season.

by Anonymousreply 267January 25, 2018 2:23 PM

But even the cruising in the woods things was over quickly, not a real story arc.

by Anonymousreply 268January 25, 2018 2:25 PM

Kevin is a wrestling stud! Now I'll fantasize about his jock built underneath his preppy clothes in all his scenes. Guess I never really took note before because Kevin always seemed so subservient to the others. He even let scrawny ass Jughead kick him out of the room in this episode. So little respect for a secondary character.

by Anonymousreply 269January 25, 2018 2:48 PM

R246 It's 100% obvious he is. It's probably why Betty's dad despises having him around 'cuz he knows it's not his kid.

I'm also very offended that Kevin kept his shirt on under his singlet this whole episode. But hey, 'least Archie took his off.

by Anonymousreply 270January 25, 2018 2:59 PM

I'm kinda shocked that we're getting a cam whore storyline on a teenage drama, to be honest. But I'm shocked in a good way and I'm intrigued again after a weak first half of the season.

Chic is so fucking weird looking - again, in a good way - and he moves his head extremely slowly. I bet the director instructed the actor to play him like a serial killer. Still hoping he hooks up with Kevin. I want some gay couple drama already!

by Anonymousreply 271January 25, 2018 3:08 PM

Where the heck is Sabrina??

by Anonymousreply 272January 25, 2018 3:11 PM

R271 Pretty sure they're planning on hooking Kevin up with that new serpent guy "Fangs" who looks waaaaaay too old to be in HS.

Really wish they hadn't dropped the Kevin/Moose stuff.

by Anonymousreply 273January 25, 2018 3:16 PM

R272 I read just recently that a crossover isn't happening anytime soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274January 25, 2018 3:17 PM

R274 Cheryl Blossom is enough witch for this show.

by Anonymousreply 275January 25, 2018 11:03 PM

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is heading to Netflix.

In the "Kevin cruises the woods" episode, it was really obvious how brawny Casey Cott is. You'd never tell under the preppy clothes.

by Anonymousreply 276January 26, 2018 1:35 AM

I love Chic doing comical gestures..

Also his webcam profile's sexual orientation is a smiley face... So we might see him do Kevin too 😂

by Anonymousreply 277January 26, 2018 6:26 AM

R273 KOose is endgame. 🐂

by Anonymousreply 278January 26, 2018 6:35 AM

Why haven't they shown Casey Cott shirtless? They do it with every other guy on the show, and he seems built for it.

by Anonymousreply 279January 26, 2018 9:47 AM

Is Jughead homophobic or does he just not like Kevin? There seems to be some real contempt there.

by Anonymousreply 280January 26, 2018 1:23 PM

I think he's just jealous of Kevin's good relationship with Betty while he and Betty are still awkard with each other.

by Anonymousreply 281January 26, 2018 1:28 PM

Jughead kind of looks down at everyone with contempt. He is a little holier than thou.

by Anonymousreply 282January 26, 2018 2:05 PM

R280 I also thought he was acting weird when he walked in on Kevin and Betty talking about Chic at the school. Like he has a problem with Kevin or something.

by Anonymousreply 283January 26, 2018 2:11 PM

I was shocked to see Gregg Araki's name as director! But it was perfect! The show partly gets it's aesthetic from early Arakis.

Hottest part: Archie soul kisses Ronnie in front of Hiram. Hiram was jelly... of Veronica!

by Anonymousreply 284January 26, 2018 2:15 PM

I didn't enjoy Araki's directing of those wrestling scenes at all. Too many cuts so they looked like a generic modern action movie where you can barely piece together what's happening. Pretty much all the movement of wrestling was lost by cutting so aggressively.

by Anonymousreply 285January 26, 2018 2:19 PM

R280 I dont think Berlanti would consider that. Jughead just doesnt seem to care for anyone other than Archie, Betty or Toni. He literally acts arrogant towards everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 286January 26, 2018 2:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287January 27, 2018 12:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 27, 2018 12:28 AM

Andy Cohen to guest star as a version of himself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 27, 2018 1:36 AM

r289, *sigh* there goes the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 290January 27, 2018 1:38 AM

Figures that Andy Cohen would show up as soon they have a character who happens to be a cam-whore.

by Anonymousreply 291January 27, 2018 6:49 AM

We can only hope the Black Hood kills him.

by Anonymousreply 292January 27, 2018 11:54 AM

Or Penelope Blossom tricks him into losing his Gold Gay Status and he feels so mortified afterwards that he kills himself or at least leaves Riverdale and never returns.

by Anonymousreply 293January 27, 2018 12:30 PM

Maybe he accidently ODs with Jingle Jangle on a riverboat cruise?

by Anonymousreply 294January 27, 2018 12:44 PM

Was Jughead this insufferable last season?

by Anonymousreply 295January 27, 2018 1:29 PM

Yes, r295. Do you not remember his birthday episode?

by Anonymousreply 296January 27, 2018 1:30 PM

I don't know. Maybe it's amplified by the #SQUEE #BUGHEAD #OTP!!!! shippers who are threatening to quit watching over the breakup and that Archie and Ronnie get to fuck but Jughead and Betty never did.

by Anonymousreply 297January 27, 2018 1:39 PM

Can our baby Tommy DiDario also guest on this show? 😳

by Anonymousreply 298January 27, 2018 2:39 PM

Is Jughead still asexual? R297

by Anonymousreply 299January 27, 2018 2:40 PM

Jughead is straight if he can resist this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300January 27, 2018 11:53 PM

Kevin getting mounted by Archie was hot...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301January 28, 2018 12:09 AM

Can we see Archie get a little curious? I mean straight people tend to experiment with the same sex in their younger years, right?

by Anonymousreply 302January 28, 2018 12:28 AM

R302 If they would make Jughead straight, you think they would let Archie experiment?

by Anonymousreply 303January 28, 2018 12:36 AM

Be real y'all, this is a CW show. Neutered, background gays only.

by Anonymousreply 304January 28, 2018 2:27 AM

Their Kevin is on Humpr (Riverdale's Grindr) and cruises the woods. He's hardly neutered. You just don't see it every episode.

Though I wish there would be a Queer as Folk with LGBT teens unapologetic about sex and dating. But that's not mainstream material that gets greenlit on something like Freeform, MTV, or CW. Like Queer as Folk it would be on some Premium Cable Channel and even then it would be insane, because why would a Premium Cable Channel do a show for (LGBT) teens?

by Anonymousreply 305January 28, 2018 8:07 AM

R305

Humpr is from HTGAWM 😂😂

Riverdale calls it Grind'em

by Anonymousreply 306January 28, 2018 8:14 AM

r306, my bad. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 307January 28, 2018 8:22 AM

Wouldn't it be fucking illegal for a FBI agent to coerce an underage person to work with them? I had trouble with the Agent Adams plot line.

by Anonymousreply 308January 29, 2018 6:27 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI agent is not really an FBI agent and pulling Archie into some scheme of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 309January 29, 2018 6:33 AM

And Archie, like a true himbo, is dumb and enough to believe lol.

by Anonymousreply 310January 29, 2018 7:34 AM

There are a lot of issues with these kids supposedly being under-age and doing all sorts of inappropriate things.

Best to just ignore those.

by Anonymousreply 311January 29, 2018 2:15 PM

Yeah, were we supposed to thinks Chic was trying to get Betty into camming? And Cheryl's mother whoring herself out with her daughter around? I'm not a frau, but was surprised they put that stuff on a show for teens.

by Anonymousreply 312January 30, 2018 5:57 AM

Ugh. So Betty is a wannabe cam girl now?

by Anonymousreply 313February 1, 2018 9:42 AM

Any shirtless pics of Kevin?

by Anonymousreply 314February 1, 2018 11:19 AM

So now this show is all about mobsters and street gangs. Enough already. You have all these other characters, Kevin, Josie, Valerie, Reggie, with nothing to do. Focus on them and forget about Veronica and her annoying parents.

by Anonymousreply 315February 1, 2018 11:31 AM

right R315 what should be a gayby fap show is turning into The Sopranos! Are they every returning to wrestling? Will we see Casey Cott and Melton in slinglets without undershirts? Hell. even the Chick storyline is twink central (job interview? I think the chugging milk was a metaphor!) They really ought to film in Atlanta rather than Vancouver so we can get some sweaty summertime scenes rather than frosty breath sweater weather!

by Anonymousreply 316February 1, 2018 11:39 AM

Isn't Veronica a little old for confirmation? I made mine in the 8th grade.

by Anonymousreply 317February 1, 2018 2:40 PM

I had mine at 14 as well. And the confirmation itself was awfully done and unneeded.

R316 Right there with you. I skip all the Lodge and all the gang stuff so I'm left with very little to watch in the end. Kevin is literally furniture at this point.

Still can't believe they're having Betty be a cam performer. How far we've come from the innocent teenage shows of past.

by Anonymousreply 318February 1, 2018 2:57 PM

[quote]Isn't Veronica a little old for confirmation?

I think she said she waited because they wanted the same Monsignor (?) who baptized her

by Anonymousreply 319February 1, 2018 11:52 PM

It depends on the diocese - my church it was 11th grade, but I think 9th grade is more common.

by Anonymousreply 320February 2, 2018 12:21 AM

Kevin and Moose next week!! .....with Midge! UGH.

Fangs need to save Kevin from these two ASAP

by Anonymousreply 321February 9, 2018 2:50 PM

This week was really a bore... Don't give a hoot about Betty and her PTSD. Chic is still too one note (creepy) to care for. Enough with the Lodge mafia already. Get back to high school drama!

by Anonymousreply 322February 9, 2018 7:09 PM

I am so underwhelmed how the show resolved the whole FBI agent storyline with Archie. For a quick second I did hope that Veronica's mom, Hermione, is the real villain and kills the ones threating her family's business while Hiram is just the male front looking pretty and menacing when needed. Though I did think that Mark Consuelos was good in that scene where Archie told him about Veronica suspecting that he might have killed Poppa Poutine.

by Anonymousreply 323February 9, 2018 7:09 PM

sorry, THREATENING her family's business

by Anonymousreply 324February 9, 2018 7:10 PM

Dang. I'm so far back with the minority. I REALLY REALLY like Chic. Tbh, he's now my favorite character in this show

by Anonymousreply 325February 9, 2018 7:52 PM

So, so boring. Chic's creepy smile turned into a creepy sad face. That's it. Don't even ask me to give my take on the Jughead or the Archie plots because I've been FFing that awful filler shit all season now. Get Archie to fuck that pretend agent and I'll be interested again.

Also, kids, it's okay to murder someone and cover up their murder if that person is "dealer trash".

by Anonymousreply 326February 9, 2018 8:11 PM

R321 Man, he better turn them down because I am so goddamn sick of the tired, old trope of gay guys (who 100% know how very gay they are) sleeping with women. And even if it's not a full on threesome between them all and Midge just wants to cuck them or something, Kevin should still say no. It's really not in his character.

(Also not next week. The show is on break til March 'cuz of the Olympics.)

by Anonymousreply 327February 9, 2018 8:27 PM

R327 I KNOW. I hope Berlanti doesnt let Kevin go that way.

by Anonymousreply 328February 9, 2018 8:46 PM

Sprouse is pulling an Alyson Hannigan and not singing in the upcoming musical episode.

[quote]Apparently, Sprouse isn’t a huge fan of the genre, the EP explains: “Cole and I talked about it a while ago, and I said, ‘How do you feel about musicals?’ At that time, we were going to do Little Shop of Horrors. And he basically said, ‘Listen, I never sang for Disney. It would take a lot.'”

[quote]Sprouse’s aversion to singing apparently extends to real life as well: Aguirre-Sacasa recalls that Riverdale‘s Season 1 wrap party was at “some tiki bar that had a stage, and the bulk of the party was the entire cast and crew [doing] a variety show. So literally every cast member sang but Cole. Every parent, every kid, every crew member sang… except for Cole. So it was like, ‘OK, got it.'”

Don't blame him, really. I can't sing and I wouldn't do it even while plastered in an empty karaoke bar on another continent, let alone on a TV show with such a massive following.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329February 19, 2018 8:57 PM

R329 Why is that? His speaking voice sounds like it could hold a tune. It's not like he speaks in monotone...

by Anonymousreply 330February 19, 2018 8:59 PM

r330 A lot of people regularly comment on how my speaking voice is pleasant to the ears and that I should get a job on the radio. Still can't hold a tune, though. Completely tone deaf, in fact. It's probably the same with Sprouse.

by Anonymousreply 331February 19, 2018 9:10 PM

Thirty minutes in and I was still waiting for the singing to start before realising this obviously wasn't the musical episode. I can be so fucking dense sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 332March 8, 2018 12:09 PM

Forgot to add that Chic is now comically creepy, to the point of no longer being a believable person. I knew they'd demonise cam performers sooner or later. And that's some hardcore product integration with all the [italic]Love, Simon[/italic] stuff. Good for you, Berlanti.

Cheryl being a lesbian I didn't see coming, although it was so obvious when I look back at her character now. Alphas like her usually have a boyfriend attached to them at all times when in high school, right?

by Anonymousreply 333March 8, 2018 12:52 PM

JUGHEAD AND ARCHIE NEED TO KISS NOW

by Anonymousreply 334March 8, 2018 1:48 PM

r334 That's exactly what I thought as well. They should have done it in the pool because all other combinations have now been done except that one.

by Anonymousreply 335March 8, 2018 2:09 PM

Even with a gay executive producer, they don't have the balls to ever do that.

by Anonymousreply 336March 8, 2018 2:11 PM

R333 I dont think the show exactly aims for 'real', theyre based off of comic characters anyway. It's even evident on the smallest details such as Archie carrying those bags/luggages

by Anonymousreply 337March 8, 2018 3:39 PM

That is also my ptoblem with this show. They continuously attack 'toxic masculinity' but they never actually do anything against it

by Anonymousreply 338March 8, 2018 3:41 PM

r337 I honestly haven't registered any reality-bending details myself so the fact that this show wasn't supposed to be any less "real" than other teenage shows is news to me. The inept law enforcement and the incredible corruption everywhere are both staples on TV so I don't really count that in there.

by Anonymousreply 339March 8, 2018 3:46 PM

R334 This show is just toying with the gays most of the time... all talks and no action.

by Anonymousreply 340March 8, 2018 6:49 PM

Does this show even know what to do with Chic anymore? It's so weird to have that big bloody murder scene and then go on like it's not a big deal, at least until the show decides to pick up that plot again.

by Anonymousreply 341March 8, 2018 7:42 PM

And once again, Kevin gets paid dust for a storyline. Guess one upside is we didn't have to deal with him having to bone Midge in a threesome with her & Moose (not yet at least...)

R334 Also agreed. But yeah, they'd never, ever, ever do it.

by Anonymousreply 342March 9, 2018 12:31 AM

R342 I hope they wont do it to Kevin.

Female fans/feminists are the worst homophobes ever. -__-

by Anonymousreply 343March 9, 2018 10:31 PM

I am guessing Jughead was more charming and likable when the show started, since he seemed to be a popular character, but man is he a sour, self-righteous kill-joy now. Nice looking, seems to be a decent actor, but annoying character.

by Anonymousreply 344March 9, 2018 11:10 PM

r344 Agreed. Though seeing Sprouse being slightly pudgy in the latest episode makes me dislike the character a bit less. But just a bit.

by Anonymousreply 345March 9, 2018 11:34 PM

[quote] Man, he better turn them down because I am so goddamn sick of the tired, old trope of gay guys (who 100% know how very gay they are) sleeping with women.

You think there are no such things as bisexuals, or men on the down low? You need to wake up from your DREAM WORLD, Sleeping Beauty.

by Anonymousreply 346March 10, 2018 1:26 AM

The bisexualist from the Lee Pace threads is back and ready to take on the bi-erasers!

And the lesbians seem somewhat quiet on the Cheryl front. Are they happy with that development?

by Anonymousreply 347March 10, 2018 1:34 AM

They just need to all get drunk, and the two girls need to push the issue and literally shame them into it.

by Anonymousreply 348March 10, 2018 2:08 AM

R348 Then they kiss and continue kissing like they like it, and the girls scream half in joy half in horror!

by Anonymousreply 349March 10, 2018 2:10 AM

Exactly, R349!! But as a joke, so they can show they're actually secure guys, and not grossed out by gay guys, and everyone can have a laugh, and break all the tension, and just fuck homophobia. :-)

by Anonymousreply 350March 10, 2018 3:25 PM

r348 Yes! Betty and Veronica should have framed it as a feminist issue and insisted the guys not kissing as well is inherently sexist.

by Anonymousreply 351March 10, 2018 3:30 PM

R346 Kevin is GAY though. Are you saying homosexuality doesnt exist now too?

by Anonymousreply 352March 10, 2018 9:45 PM

[quote] [R344] Agreed. Though seeing Sprouse being slightly pudgy in the latest episode makes me dislike the character a bit less. But just a bit.

Sure he's not a gym rat, but unless you're DL's resident Darfur Orphan I'm not sure how this is 'pudgy'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353March 10, 2018 9:52 PM

r353 Don't misquote me, Cole. I wrote [italic]slightly[/italic] pudgy, as in "almost imperceptibly so". Every word was chosen with utmost care on my part in an effort to avoid triggering fat DLers, while you just zoned in on one to start a fight for no reason. I kindly suggest you don't die on this particular hill.

And yes, I saw that double chin when you were waiting for Betty at her place at the beginning of the episode. And I did say I liked you *more* because of that, didn't I, you needy bitch?

by Anonymousreply 354March 10, 2018 10:00 PM

R354 Mary! If you want to take the high ground when accusing someone of being needy and wanting to start a fight, may I suggest that defensively replying to a post [italic]seconds[/italic] after it is posted is not the best way to do so.

And Cole Sprouse is still not pudgy in any sense of the word - whether it be slightly, generally or imperceptibly.

by Anonymousreply 355March 11, 2018 7:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356March 13, 2018 10:13 PM

R356 [italic] Shawn Mendes gets excited

by Anonymousreply 357March 13, 2018 10:17 PM

This show is my favorite guilty pleasure but it’s so silly. Are we really to believe that four sets of parents allowed their 16-year-olds to go to a cabin in the woods for a weekend fuck?

It’s kind of funny how sexless Love, Simon is by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 358March 13, 2018 10:20 PM

R358 Theyre probably going for a more wholesome vibe on Love, Simon. A lot of gay movies are very sexualized, its nice to see something once in a while that is just innocent.

So basically.. Handsome Devil with an actual romance plotline... Which is good, of course.

by Anonymousreply 359March 14, 2018 4:54 AM

Please God, enough with Veronica and her family.

by Anonymousreply 360March 15, 2018 12:26 PM

Welp, they've now used to unexpected twin trope. Dunno if he's evil yet. Maybe he's the good twin, since her father was actually pretty damn evil.

by Anonymousreply 361March 15, 2018 2:08 PM

if his plan is to get rid of nana and cheryl... how can he be the good twin?

by Anonymousreply 362March 15, 2018 2:24 PM

R360 Yes, we need more high school drama! The mob stuff is just so boring.

by Anonymousreply 363March 15, 2018 4:28 PM

Perfect chance for Kevin to take his shirt off, and they blew it

by Anonymousreply 364March 15, 2018 5:12 PM

R364 Exactly my thought! That would have been so funny... The whole Kevin/Chic "bonding" could have been an interesting, even sexy, subplot but instead it got wasted as a plot device in a couple of scenes ruined by Betty.

by Anonymousreply 365March 15, 2018 5:20 PM

A few scenes with Kevin and Chic would have helped to develop the Chic character more so he's not just this malnourished specter that just stands in shadows.

by Anonymousreply 366March 15, 2018 5:40 PM

R366 The show doesn't even know what to do with Chic. In the scenes with Kevin, he was just a horny gay guy, but in all the scenes with Betty, he was portrayed as a wannabe psycho killer.

by Anonymousreply 367March 15, 2018 6:13 PM

What's the Archie blood pact with Veronica's dad? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 368March 15, 2018 6:46 PM

R368 Archie has become a right-wing nut! Build that Prison! Crime is a family business! The Lodges must be a parody of the Trumps!

by Anonymousreply 369March 15, 2018 6:52 PM

Its a type of blood oath ceremony R368 with Archie pledging his loyalty to Lodges. A version of it is used by mobs to induct a new member into their mob.

by Anonymousreply 370March 15, 2018 7:02 PM

Nice shirtless archie scene w/ Veronica.

by Anonymousreply 371March 15, 2018 7:07 PM

Wait... does that make Archie Jared to Betty's Ivanka?

by Anonymousreply 372March 16, 2018 12:00 AM

R372 Veronica would be Ivanka... She's enabling his criminal dad like she's in love with his... money.

by Anonymousreply 373March 16, 2018 12:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374March 16, 2018 12:39 AM

Why doesn't Kevin ever take his shirt off? He looks built as hell.

by Anonymousreply 375March 16, 2018 2:29 AM

R375 Because they don't want him to upstage Archie! That wrestling episode really showed off his build.

by Anonymousreply 376March 16, 2018 2:35 AM

The actor ho plays Kevin looks like a different person with his clothes off. He's pretty jaw-dropping.

by Anonymousreply 377March 16, 2018 2:38 AM

R377 The show has him covered up in preppy clothes. They can't show off his body. When he was in that wrestling suit, it was a different story.

by Anonymousreply 378March 16, 2018 5:30 AM

R375 I think Kevin's actor is still insecure about his body.

by Anonymousreply 379March 16, 2018 9:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380March 17, 2018 10:39 PM

P&P mention on Riverdale? Well, I for one blushed.

And I'm genuinely more scared of Chic than I am of Thanos who's about to purge half of humanity a month from now. So good job to the actor and the writers, I guess?

by Anonymousreply 381March 17, 2018 11:27 PM

So Andy Cohen is a friend to the Lodges.

by Anonymousreply 382March 22, 2018 12:29 AM

Casey Cott talking about his new project.

[quote]Loosely based on director Matthew Perkins’ experiences as Hairy Dawg, the University Of Georgia mascot, [italic]The Mascot[/italic] follows Nick Shepherd (Cott), an ex‐quarterback who dons the Bulldogs costume in search of redemption.

That sentence does not make me want to see this movie [italic]at all.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383March 22, 2018 1:05 AM

Cohen as a stunt "special guest" damn, that's low rent.

by Anonymousreply 384March 22, 2018 1:14 AM

So dark! Archie as a fascist pawn, Betty and her brother outcreeping each other, Cheryl in a medieval gay conversion torture prison.

I need Kevin and Chic to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 385March 22, 2018 1:45 AM

Man, Molly Ringwald is really almost unrecognizable in this tonight.

by Anonymousreply 386March 22, 2018 3:22 AM

Andy fucking Cohen? I think this show is coming off my DVR list.

This season is so inferior to season 1 now that the focus is on the Lodges. Besides the fact that Mark Consuelos can't act for shit, the show is turning into a Dynasty reboot. Last season had mystery, this season has Hiram Lodge's thirst for power. A for-profit prison? Big fucking deal.

by Anonymousreply 387March 22, 2018 6:07 AM

So Chic kills a guy in her home, but what freaks out Alice is that Betty is fucking Jughead?

by Anonymousreply 388March 22, 2018 9:35 AM

I wish they would make up their minds on Cheryl. One minute she's a tough ass bitch, burning down her house with her mother inside. The next she's whimpering in a car, letting her mother just take her away without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 389March 22, 2018 11:31 AM

r387 I FF anything that has to do with the Lodges. I just can't with that plot anymore. And to think they were my favourite part of the show last season.

by Anonymousreply 390March 22, 2018 12:53 PM

I enjoyed last year, the handful of episodes I have caught this year, not so much.

The show takes itself way too seriously, and while issues such as date rape fit organically into the show and were effective, things such as stealing Native American land and most of Jughead's self-righteous bellowing just come off annoying.

Dark is one thing, but everything is dour and depressing - most of the friendships have been fractured or are in tough shape, and everyone seems to cross over the the dark side with ease. Cheryl is not the only character whose personality changes. A number of them have had 180 degree character changes depending on how they fit into the story line.

by Anonymousreply 391March 22, 2018 1:15 PM

Couldn't we have a least one whole scene of Kevin and Chic before Betty has to interrupt ?

by Anonymousreply 392March 22, 2018 1:24 PM

Any shirtless action?

by Anonymousreply 393March 22, 2018 1:46 PM

R393 Not this week

by Anonymousreply 394March 22, 2018 1:47 PM

When is Sabrina coming out??

by Anonymousreply 395March 22, 2018 1:49 PM

r395 Filming wraps up in October so... 2019?

by Anonymousreply 396March 22, 2018 1:51 PM

Thanks, r396!

by Anonymousreply 397March 22, 2018 2:11 PM

Ugh the Andy Cohen thing made me cringe. Awful. Dear god, awful.

by Anonymousreply 398March 22, 2018 2:42 PM

I can't get over how much the characters turn on each other just to suit the story line. Kevin's turning on Betty to side with Chic made no sense.

by Anonymousreply 399March 22, 2018 3:39 PM

Just take off their shirts every episode. Jeeze, how hard is that?

by Anonymousreply 400March 22, 2018 3:42 PM

kev just wants some

by Anonymousreply 401March 22, 2018 4:03 PM

Archie is just... being a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 402March 22, 2018 11:57 PM

The Andy Cohen scene was SO BAD. He sounded like a parody of himself.

by Anonymousreply 403March 23, 2018 1:31 AM

Does this show not remember that these characters are all suppose to be like 16 year old HS students with all the very adult situations they put them in? (Like Archie's dumbass story with Mr. Lodge or Kevin getting close to Betty's 25 year old, estranged half brother, etc.)

I get why they set this show in high school ('cuz that's their target demographic) but they could've made them all young adults or at least in college so it's less ridiculous IMO.

by Anonymousreply 404March 23, 2018 10:41 PM

Nooooo!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405March 26, 2018 2:20 PM

Good, let him kill the Lodges and fix this show.

by Anonymousreply 406March 26, 2018 2:37 PM

Kill annoying Jughead please.

by Anonymousreply 407March 26, 2018 4:24 PM

Jughead is the best character on the show.

by Anonymousreply 408March 26, 2018 4:47 PM

Clearly Hiram created the hostile enviroment in Riverdale and then, like the snake oil salesman he is, presented the solution: A for profit prison. I wonder if the real Black Hood killer turns out to be one of Hiram's goons like the pretend FBI agent?

The latest episode is so cringe inducing. The Andy Cohen cameo. The overly dramtic cutting the bond between Archie and Jughead (by Archie cutting Jughead's chains with the chain cutter). Cheryl being reduced to a frightened little girl. All that presidential election talk so that even the last idiot gets it that this is all about how fucked up US politics is with Trump as POTUS.

The only good thing was Archie's mom being back and Alice freaking out about Jughead and Betty having sex (only to say that Jughead's dad is not Chic's dad ... could the twist be that Archie's dad is Chic's dad? It can't be Claudius since that would make Chic a Blossom after all).

by Anonymousreply 409March 26, 2018 10:21 PM

Once again a show is ruined by lesbians. They don't mind fleshing out the lesbian characters while the main gay character is STILL on the backburner. Fuck them. I'm done with this show. Kevin Keller deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 410March 30, 2018 11:48 AM

They ruined both Archie (now a thug wannabe) and Jughead (a gang member... god, he looks silly acting tough)! Kevin is the one decent character left in this and he's only used as a plot device to push other characters' storyline forward. What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 411March 30, 2018 12:00 PM

Another missed opportunity to get Kevin shirtless.

This show has really gone off rails. The mobsters scared of a high school wrestling team...really. Cheryl escapes and then what. Did she go home ?

by Anonymousreply 412March 30, 2018 12:27 PM

So when is the Moose and Kevin storyline coming back?

by Anonymousreply 413March 30, 2018 12:35 PM

It's funny when most shows depict lesbians as oppressed when in reality gay men were the persecuted ones. Even the countries that outlaw homosexuality don't care about lesbians, it's only illegal to be a gay man, not lesbian. Parents usually don't have anything against their daughters being lesbians, but if a son turns out to be gay, "the horror"!

by Anonymousreply 414March 30, 2018 12:52 PM

So I just read a spoiler. "Somebody" dies the next episode and that somebody will be essential for Kevin's story arc to progress

by Anonymousreply 415March 30, 2018 12:55 PM

Jeez. I feel that the season's ending would be SO good to our boy Kevin

by Anonymousreply 416March 30, 2018 12:57 PM

R415 !SPOILERS WARNING!

Apparently it's Midge.

by Anonymousreply 417March 30, 2018 1:02 PM

Of course they would kill off the love interest to the gay character, lmao.

by Anonymousreply 418March 30, 2018 1:04 PM

Midge? She already survived a shooting.

by Anonymousreply 419March 30, 2018 1:36 PM

I already know!! 😂😂

Thats why I said "somebody" lol

by Anonymousreply 420March 30, 2018 1:49 PM

Poor Midge. Who's Midge?

by Anonymousreply 421March 30, 2018 7:57 PM

So Kevin gets the Moose? I hope they get to wrestle in bed. Kevin/Casey Cott has really grown on me. I wish he had his own show.

by Anonymousreply 422March 30, 2018 7:59 PM

R422 The lesbos have taken over the show now. Kevin is nowhere to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 423March 30, 2018 8:01 PM

R423 Kevin is seen this week but he doesn't do much except popping up to facilitate other people's plots.

by Anonymousreply 424March 30, 2018 8:03 PM

R423 The gays take over after the next episode ;)

by Anonymousreply 425March 31, 2018 12:59 AM

I had to chuckle about the mobster being called Lenny & Carl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426March 31, 2018 10:19 AM

[quote] The gays take over after the next episode ;)

How can you tell? The show's pretty gay and campy already.

by Anonymousreply 427March 31, 2018 10:20 AM

I can't wait for the gay porn spoof where Archie and Reggie decide who gets the jocks' vote, in the school council election, through a jerking off contest (who can shoot the farthest).

by Anonymousreply 428March 31, 2018 10:59 AM

R428 Sounds like something from Nifty.org 😂

by Anonymousreply 429March 31, 2018 2:05 PM

Is it possible this show is already jumping the shark? Archie as wannabe gangster, loyal to Hiram, is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 430March 31, 2018 2:25 PM

R430 Just imagine Hiram fucking Archie when they have alone time behind close door. That's how I get through the gangster scenes.

by Anonymousreply 431March 31, 2018 2:36 PM

[quote]Is it possible this show is already jumping the shark?

It started with 15 year old Archie sleeping with Ms. Grundy,so it was pretty close to the shark from day one. However, it was more of a fun guilty pleasure the first year. The fun moments now get farther and farther apart.

by Anonymousreply 432March 31, 2018 2:41 PM

Yeah, that's it. The show isn't fun. It's moody and dour, and the Lodges stink it up.

by Anonymousreply 433March 31, 2018 2:44 PM

Just think of Archie in his wrestling gear with Kevin wrapped around him. Shark, what shark?

by Anonymousreply 434March 31, 2018 2:47 PM

Reggie was SO HOT in the shirtless arm wrestling scene. Holy shit. Looking for good screencaps.

by Anonymousreply 435April 3, 2018 4:11 PM

Showrunner tweeted this retro Carrie-style poster. Cute.

Jughead will leave town for that day, I'm sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436April 4, 2018 10:19 PM

Just caught up from January. Lots of missed opportunities. Instead of the lame blood oath, Harim, the "FBI Agent" and the driver could've taken turns on Archie. I thought Betty's dad was initially opposed to Chic cause it was gonna be revealed he was webcamming with him.

by Anonymousreply 437April 7, 2018 8:52 PM

R437 The gay twists this show will explore are the lesbian ones. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 438April 7, 2018 11:15 PM

R438 Kevin's relationship will come soon... 😉😉

by Anonymousreply 439April 8, 2018 2:24 AM

R439 If it's with Moose...meh. Kevin deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 440April 8, 2018 5:38 AM

I think the story would be good especially for Moose and how he would handle coming out

by Anonymousreply 441April 8, 2018 5:44 AM

What about that Fangs guy? I sensed a moment with Kevin and him during some scene.

by Anonymousreply 442April 8, 2018 6:16 AM

R442 He'll probably just be there to make Moose jealous. On the previews, Kevin and Fangs are sitting next to each other, directing the play.

by Anonymousreply 443April 8, 2018 7:24 AM

Even after coming out, Moose will still be a dull bit character. Kevin needs someone who has a brain and a personality who can steal scenes with him.

by Anonymousreply 444April 8, 2018 7:59 AM

Ok calm down there. We havent even seen a development for Moose's character yet

by Anonymousreply 445April 8, 2018 8:25 AM

This show ccould barely make any of its side characters interesting... You think they can work miracle with someone named Moose?

by Anonymousreply 446April 8, 2018 4:16 PM

I honestly think they can. We may never meet his family though lol

by Anonymousreply 447April 8, 2018 6:09 PM

R447 The show would have to cut back on the ridiculous Lodge gangster drama and the stupid murder mystery of the season to make time for side characters.

by Anonymousreply 448April 9, 2018 12:01 AM

That was a good ending to the musical Carrie episode.

by Anonymousreply 449April 19, 2018 1:11 AM

There's something about the way Archie dances that is so... sexual and sensual, moreso than any of the other guys. It got me hard just watching.

by Anonymousreply 450April 19, 2018 2:41 AM

R450, perhaps it was the tight 70s jeans?

by Anonymousreply 451April 19, 2018 11:13 AM

R451 and the way he shrugged his shoulders... and just the way he MOVED...

by Anonymousreply 452April 19, 2018 1:07 PM

I'm ready for Chic-Kevin-Moose storyline!!!

by Anonymousreply 453April 19, 2018 1:37 PM

Badly written and badly produced episode. The more TV musical episodes I see, the more I become convinced Whedon was channelling Euterpe Herself when he made 'Once More, With Feeling'.

by Anonymousreply 454April 19, 2018 2:01 PM

And of course Chic's sitting in the audience, not moving, while everybody else in the audience is in full on panic mode.

by Anonymousreply 455April 19, 2018 4:04 PM

The Carrie episode was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 456April 19, 2018 4:33 PM

So, Fangs was messing around with Midge? Is that why Moose was mad? I thought Fangs was gay.

by Anonymousreply 457April 19, 2018 4:34 PM

It's gross that they make musicals of dark shit like Carrie. Yeah, it's camp, but ...

by Anonymousreply 458April 19, 2018 4:37 PM

Riverdale is a dark interpretation of the Archie comics, so Carrie was an obvious choice.

by Anonymousreply 459April 19, 2018 4:39 PM

R452, I see it... he's very free with his body but also kind of proto-hulking. It's like a go-go dancer or something.

by Anonymousreply 460April 19, 2018 4:41 PM

R458 isn’t a fan of Sweeney Todd.

by Anonymousreply 461April 19, 2018 4:48 PM

That episode stunk on ice.

by Anonymousreply 462April 19, 2018 4:55 PM

They had a little postcard poster of "LEASE" (vs. "RENT") wedged on the side of one of the dressing room mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 463April 19, 2018 6:49 PM

So Midge was murdered?

by Anonymousreply 464April 19, 2018 6:57 PM

no Midge had a shaving accident

by Anonymousreply 465April 19, 2018 7:06 PM

Midge looked like a Frau in high school. Now that Moose is free of that, Kevin can console him and makes it better.

by Anonymousreply 466April 19, 2018 8:55 PM

So, the show privided us with three (four if you count Chic) suspects for Midge's murder: Fangs (last seen with Midge), Moose (walking past Jughead angry), and Ethel (saying the cut out letters are for her vision board).

by Anonymousreply 467April 19, 2018 9:40 PM

R457 Maybe. But I also read a theory that Midge was setting up Fangs with Kevin. Maybe he saw Fangs with Kevin or sth and got jealous.

I mean Fangs MIGHT be hooking up with Midge, but I dont see how Moose would catch them when Kevin had just reminded them to hurry up

by Anonymousreply 468April 19, 2018 11:47 PM

Fangs is an insatiable bottom.

by Anonymousreply 469April 19, 2018 11:49 PM

R467 yea it can be anyone, i have no clue who is the blackhood now. I just hope its not Kevin's dad... Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 470April 19, 2018 11:49 PM

I feel like Fangs was pretending to be gay so no one would suspect him hooking up with midge just like how moose is pretending to be straight. I feel like it's trying to be ironic.

by Anonymousreply 471April 20, 2018 5:36 AM

Not that Madchen Amick's voice could handle them, but they didn't do the best songs in the show which are between Carrie and her mom.

by Anonymousreply 472April 20, 2018 11:30 AM

Love Mädchen Amick. So I am most certainly bias when it comes to her. Loved her character making the song about her and Betty.

by Anonymousreply 473April 20, 2018 11:38 AM

I love her too but she just doesn't have the voice for that role, if they were really performing it.

by Anonymousreply 474April 20, 2018 12:33 PM

Seriously, I want to get gang banged by all the guys on this show. Even Dilton can line up.

by Anonymousreply 475April 20, 2018 4:41 PM

It didn't occur to me that they skipped "Eve Was Weak" because Amick can't actually sing it, but that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 476April 21, 2018 11:21 AM

Man "Eve Was Weak" is such a great song, it's just a shame they couldn't figure out a way to work it in.

"The World According to Chris" sounded good.

"Carrie" is so CLOSE to being a good show.

by Anonymousreply 477April 21, 2018 11:24 PM

I love "I Remember How Those Boy's Could Dance" Betty Buckley's version is the best

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478April 21, 2018 11:34 PM

KJ bustin' a move

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479April 24, 2018 6:34 PM

Goddamn Buckley knocks it across the fuckin' footlights there. Dayum.

I saw Buckley do this live in April of 1988. I don't remember thinking too much of it.

I started Emerson College in September 1988. I fell in love with my roommate.

I invited my roommate to see Anything Goes with me in December 1988, during the Christmas break. I was fucking blown away by diva love for La LuPone. Something must have happened to me between April and December that made me gay out. Otherwise, I would've felt the same thing for La Buckley.

BTW, I stayed in my dad's suite at the Hotel Dorset with my roommate that night. Didn't get anything off him. But I still had my first gay experience, watching Patti. ; - )

by Anonymousreply 480April 24, 2018 8:12 PM

R479 Great thighs

by Anonymousreply 481April 24, 2018 8:16 PM

The episode inspired me to find the cast album from the 2012 Off-Broadway production on Spotify.

Damned if the show didn't actually have some really good songs.

by Anonymousreply 482April 25, 2018 10:27 PM

Cheryl just has to steal every scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483April 26, 2018 8:31 AM

I'm mad at Cheryl for taking down Sheriff Keller

by Anonymousreply 484April 26, 2018 1:32 PM

R484 Kevin will exact his revenge for that.

by Anonymousreply 485April 26, 2018 2:37 PM

So Chik turned out to be a red herring and a total waste of our time. He wasn't cast well or written well, so good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 486April 26, 2018 2:39 PM

R485 For that to happen, Kevin would have to have screen time and we can't spare any Lodge time.

by Anonymousreply 487April 26, 2018 2:56 PM

Some Lodge is probably gonna die. Theyre getting way too much airtime!! Hopefully its Veronica, she's so boring, ugh.

by Anonymousreply 488April 29, 2018 7:49 PM

I'm playing catch up right now and just finished the confirmation episode. How are the Lodges Hispanic? And it's clear to me that Riverdale is not set in the modern day, but in some in between world.

by Anonymousreply 489April 29, 2018 7:58 PM

[quote] How are the Lodges Hispanic?

The Lodges have always been Hispanic on this series--you've not been paying attention. All three of the actors who play them are Hispanic.

Although why Hispanic Catholics would ever name their child "Hiram" pretty much boggles the mind ("Hiram" was the legendary founder of the decidedly anti-Catholic Fraternal Order of the Masons).

by Anonymousreply 490April 29, 2018 8:05 PM

KJ has a great ass in that gif.

Has anyone yet mentioned on the show that every single character (except Jughead and Kevin) seems to have a professional-level singing voice? Not just Josie and the Pussycats, but Archie, Veronica, Betty, Cheryl, Chuck, Midge...

by Anonymousreply 491April 29, 2018 8:08 PM

[quote]The Lodges have always been Hispanic on this series--you've not been paying attention. All three of the actors who play them are Hispanic.

Thanks. I guess, I wasn't paying attention. But their last name is Lodge. How much Anglo-whiter than you get than Lodge? Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 492April 29, 2018 8:10 PM

R491, The CW likes to hire jazz-hands actors so they can do musical episodes.

by Anonymousreply 493April 29, 2018 8:10 PM

R491 WHAT?? Kevin sounds GOOD on last musical episode!! Better than most tbh

by Anonymousreply 494April 29, 2018 11:43 PM

I want Archie to take a long hot piss in my face.

by Anonymousreply 495May 2, 2018 1:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496May 2, 2018 9:11 PM

R496 I hope Charles Melton's shirt stays as only a recurring character though

by Anonymousreply 497May 2, 2018 9:19 PM

This show confuses me. So, basically the Black Hood (or someone similar to him) tried to assassinate Fred at the mayoral and got away. Then there is an angry mob outside the jail calling for Fangs' head.

Two questions come to mind: 1) If the Black Hood took credit for Midge's murder, and then the Black Hood (or someone they think is the Black Hood) shot up the mayoral debate, why is there still an angry mob after Fangs? In addition to the fact that there is no credible evidence against him. 2) Why the hell is there a mob on the street when the madman shooter is still on the loose?

by Anonymousreply 498May 3, 2018 8:22 AM

Another garbage episode. Season 3 needs a thorough reset for this to become watchable again.

by Anonymousreply 499May 3, 2018 6:01 PM

Idk... i thought this was one of the better episodes

by Anonymousreply 500May 3, 2018 10:38 PM

The problem with this season is way too much of Betty's and Veronica's boring families. Even Archie's and Jughead's dads have been pushed to the peripheral. The high school drama has become almost negligible except for a special occasion like the musical episode.

by Anonymousreply 501May 4, 2018 2:37 AM

R478 Yeah, it's kind of confusing... I think the police still considered Fang a suspect because Midge murder could have been blamed on the Black Hood as cover for the real killer. I think someone leaked Jughead's backstage footage that showed Fang with Midge before the murder, so the mob probably assumed his guilt from that.

by Anonymousreply 502May 5, 2018 5:10 AM

Is anyone else tired of Archie and boring Veronica sex scenes? It's just way too unnecessary. They couldve at least used that time for other characters who need some storyline.

by Anonymousreply 503May 5, 2018 7:19 AM

[quote]Has anyone yet mentioned on the show that every single character (except Jughead and Kevin) seems to have a professional-level singing voice? Not just Josie and the Pussycats, but Archie, Veronica, Betty, Cheryl, Chuck, Midge...

Are you familiar with AutoTune?

Marcia Gay Harden's series Code Black opened its most recent episode with a hallucination of an elaborate choreographed performance of Hozier's "Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene" which was performed by the cast. MGH admitted that she was extremely grateful that they were able to AutoTune her.

by Anonymousreply 504May 5, 2018 1:18 PM

Joaquin is back! So cute.

by Anonymousreply 505May 5, 2018 9:35 PM

They're just gonna use him to make Moose jealous. It's obvious they're going to make Moose get Kevin pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 506May 6, 2018 12:38 AM

No, Moose is going to be the bottom watch. But, he'll publicly portray himself as the macho top.

by Anonymousreply 507May 6, 2018 5:54 PM

Damn. Forgot my comma after bottom.

by Anonymousreply 508May 6, 2018 5:55 PM

This show turned into lesbo central. The gay guy gets zero screen time, while the lesbians get a ton.. OF COURSE. I refuse to watch this shitty show until they give Kevin a love life.

by Anonymousreply 509May 6, 2018 5:56 PM

so, r509, how do you know what you commented, if you don't watch?

by Anonymousreply 510May 6, 2018 6:17 PM

Riverdale is a fun guilty pleasure, but I think they made a mistake writing Veronica like she’s a 40-year-old divorcee, instead of a 16-year-old girl. Announcing she’s going to build a casino? Really?

by Anonymousreply 511May 6, 2018 6:26 PM

R506 Moose is just too dumb for Kevin. Too bad Chic turned out to be such a loser and a fake. Joaquin is too gangsta. Kevin just needs a nice normal intelligent bf. Is that too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 512May 6, 2018 7:39 PM

I'm doubting the real Charles is actually dead. He can date Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 513May 6, 2018 7:45 PM

R513 Charles is a drug addict.... Unless he's recovered, Kevin doesn't need more trouble. He's not "dark" like Betty and shouldn't have to bury bodies for a bf!

by Anonymousreply 514May 6, 2018 7:51 PM

Theyre building up that Moose and Kevin relationship since season1. We even saw a close up of Kevin's reaction at Moose on Midge's funeral, which is an unnecessary shot, unless it is foreshadowing

by Anonymousreply 515May 6, 2018 8:45 PM

Anyway, I think Chic is still alive and may probably save them all from the BlackHood to redeem himself.

by Anonymousreply 516May 6, 2018 8:48 PM

Wait, where did you see Joaquin?! Was it in the previews? What a nice surprise, although I do hope the actor has taken some acting lessons during his absence.

by Anonymousreply 517May 6, 2018 9:10 PM

He was in the most recent episode, back from San Junipero to help get Fangs out of town.

by Anonymousreply 518May 6, 2018 9:22 PM

Oh, damn. I'll rewatch it now. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 519May 6, 2018 9:38 PM

This Hiram Lodge/Archie storyline is the absolute worst. Who is writing this fucking show?

by Anonymousreply 520May 6, 2018 11:24 PM

Spotted Joaquin on the rewatch. And oh, boy, that face acting (or lack thereof, rather) is certainly [italic]not[/italic] promising.

r520 Literally the worst thing on TV right now. Someone on the writing team must really hate the Lodges.

by Anonymousreply 521May 7, 2018 12:08 AM

R520 a SJW feminist is writing this show

by Anonymousreply 522May 7, 2018 12:36 AM

Does anybody else think Riverdale has jumped the shark?

by Anonymousreply 523May 10, 2018 1:28 AM

[quote] Even Archie's and Jughead's dads have been pushed to the peripheral.

You mean "to the periphery."

by Anonymousreply 524May 10, 2018 1:34 AM

You're losing me, Riverdale!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525May 10, 2018 2:28 AM

Confession time: I posted that before seeing tonight's episode. For all I know, I might be eating my words later today.

by Anonymousreply 526May 10, 2018 2:32 AM

Cheryl Blossom needs her own Marvel franchise, and Kevin’s line about the hot Riverdale dads was deliciously campy.

by Anonymousreply 527May 10, 2018 4:30 AM

R523 I think it did that when Hiram came to town, dragging the focus completely outside of high school. I don't bother to watch it live anymore. Just stream it later to see how far off the rail this show will get.

by Anonymousreply 528May 10, 2018 5:11 AM

as much as Hiram drags this show.... i did notice that he is packing a nice bulge in those pants of his.

by Anonymousreply 529May 10, 2018 12:30 PM

The one good thing about them not focusing on school is that they don't have to have each season be a "school year". This way they don't have to come up with some lame ideas as to why everyone ends up at the newly discovered Riverdale University. Though I hope they at least have a summer so Archie and Kevin can go swimming at the lake.

by Anonymousreply 530May 10, 2018 12:50 PM

What the hell even was this episode and how did it get an A from the AV Club?! I think I'm out and will only tune in for any gay stuff from now on.

by Anonymousreply 531May 10, 2018 1:21 PM

don't you mean lesbian stuff? ^

by Anonymousreply 532May 10, 2018 1:38 PM

I dropped out a few weeks back. Looks like that wasn't a bad decision.

by Anonymousreply 533May 10, 2018 1:42 PM

r532 No, I mean gay male homosexual stuff. Sue me.

by Anonymousreply 534May 10, 2018 1:46 PM

I guess Betty and her dad are going to have a Clarice/ Dr Lecter relationship now.

by Anonymousreply 535May 10, 2018 1:47 PM

[quote]No, I mean gay male homosexual stuff. Sue me

I think R532 was being sarcastic

by Anonymousreply 536May 10, 2018 2:26 PM

R536 I know. I was being facetious as well.

by Anonymousreply 537May 10, 2018 2:37 PM

There should be a Kevin-Moose thing next episode. Hopefully, they start things slow, I want some kind of build up here.

I also think they're planning to resume the war of the bulldogs and serpents and insert Joaquin vs. Moose in there.

by Anonymousreply 538May 11, 2018 4:12 AM

And maybe somewhere between their fight, Moose and Joaquin could have an affair with each other too

by Anonymousreply 539May 11, 2018 4:13 AM

This show is such a mess... It's like several groups of writers writing their own plots and then trying to mesh them together at the last minute. A bit of Black Hood at the Coopers here, and another Black Hood at the Andrews there, and a mob son out for revenge there at the Lodges, a gang fight over there somewhere, and oh Fangs is dead (nobody really cares) and maybe Jughead, too as a tease. This show needs a better showrunner who's not busy with so many projects.

by Anonymousreply 540May 11, 2018 5:07 AM

As great looking as the guys are on Riverdale, the show manages to make Mark Consuelos LESS handsome and sexy than he is in real life.

I don’t know what it is. When he’s with Kelly on her show, on IG, or anywhere else, he looks better than he does on the show.

by Anonymousreply 541May 13, 2018 6:24 AM

its the lighting. all his scenes are darkly litghted. (you know, so we the slow audience members will get the nudge we need to see him as a bad man)

by Anonymousreply 542May 13, 2018 2:17 PM

So Kev and Moose wont be together this season but they hinted that "Love is in the air" for Kevin next episode.

by Anonymousreply 543May 15, 2018 10:21 AM

Tonight is the finale. If Kevin's getting with anyone this season, he has an hour left to do it.

by Anonymousreply 544May 15, 2018 10:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545May 17, 2018 4:07 AM

R545 I'll believe it when I see it. After two seasons, Kevin is still just the token gay character who helps push along other people's plots. I mean, it's not that hard to have some interesting stories around Kevin if the show would refocus on high school drama rather than murders, mayhem and the Mob.

by Anonymousreply 546May 17, 2018 1:32 PM

come on doubters. that kiss between Kevin and Moose was way hot for broadcast tv.

by Anonymousreply 547May 17, 2018 2:16 PM

Screen caps, R547!

by Anonymousreply 548May 17, 2018 2:18 PM

Does Moose look fat in those jeans?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549May 17, 2018 2:24 PM

Kevin is wasted on this Moose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550May 17, 2018 2:26 PM

Moose is destined to be a closeted Republican Congressman someday. He's already kissing dudes in the men's room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551May 17, 2018 2:32 PM

So is Hal the Black Hood?

by Anonymousreply 552May 17, 2018 5:04 PM

yes and no^

by Anonymousreply 553May 17, 2018 5:32 PM

R510 Have you ever heard about Tumblr?!

by Anonymousreply 554May 17, 2018 5:34 PM

[Quote]I'll believe it when I see it. After two seasons, Kevin is still just the token gay character who helps push along other people's plots. I mean, it's not that hard to have some interesting stories around Kevin if the show would refocus on high school drama rather than murders, mayhem and the Mob.

Yep, and they care more about the lesbians than they ever did about the gay boy.

by Anonymousreply 555May 17, 2018 5:35 PM

I was hoping for their first kiss to be more romantic. Kevin kisses like he's hungry everytime lol

by Anonymousreply 556May 17, 2018 6:15 PM

oh, you mean like a gay boy? of course he's hungry. remember the forest cruising he did?

by Anonymousreply 557May 17, 2018 6:18 PM

It's just so hard to believe Hal was the Black Hood. That actor must have been very hot when he was younger (he's still handsome now), but he has absolutely zero charisma or presence.

Last night's camp classic moment: after Josie has predictably faltered and stopped singing the Star-Sopangled Banner at the school assembly when the cops come in to arrest Archie, for absolutely NO reason she picks it up again as he gets dragged out in handcuffs!

I had to laugh at the idea of Veronica's plans to turn Pops into a speakeasy featuring "world class cabaret acts and fancy cocktails" when she's still a minor!

I'm hoping next season they finally give Kevin more to do. That actor is so sexy--he's got such an angelic boys' face and then a body like statue of a Greek god (though we rarely get to see the latter). His big clinch with Moose was pretty sexy.

I have to say, I'm glad Fangs is dead because he looked too much like the (equally ugly) actor who plays Swee'pea and I could never tell them apart since they both always wear Serpents jackets. It seems stupid the Serpents would accept Jughead (a high school student!!) as their new leader, since most of them are adults. Cheryl as a Serpent might be a good springboard for stories next season--she always gets featured prominently, but the show seems unsure of how to deal with her.

Did anyone else find Mr. Lodge's new Legion of Doom (Penelope Blossom, Mordecai, the new sheriff, Penny) absolutely ridiculous? They reminded me of nothing so much as when Mr Burns gathers the Springfield Republicans in a dark castle and lightning thunders in the background. I still am baffled why they cast Mark Consuelos as Mr. Lodge--he's very fit, but he's a weak actor, and he looks NOTHING like Mr. Lodge in the comics (he won't even grow a mustache and wear glasses).

by Anonymousreply 558May 17, 2018 6:31 PM

Fangs isn’t dead anymore, R558. You didn’t catch that last night?

by Anonymousreply 559May 17, 2018 6:33 PM

The sad operatic singing during the Serpent's escape to the north side was really weird/lame.

by Anonymousreply 560May 17, 2018 7:36 PM

Why did Cheryl join the Serpents? What did she do to get accepted?

by Anonymousreply 561May 17, 2018 7:48 PM

to be with her lesbo lover...

by Anonymousreply 562May 17, 2018 8:18 PM

[quote]Why did Cheryl join the Serpents? What did she do to get accepted?

I loved that Toni arranged for her to get a red jacket.

by Anonymousreply 563May 17, 2018 10:56 PM

I was really hoping we would be Lodge free by the end of the season but no such luck.

by Anonymousreply 564May 18, 2018 12:46 AM

I really thought we'd get more scenes of Archie wrestling in that singlet, but no such luck.

by Anonymousreply 565May 18, 2018 12:59 AM

R565 That's because the kids are rarely even in school doing school activities. How do they get their homework done between all the murders and mayhem?

by Anonymousreply 566May 18, 2018 1:14 AM

In considering the season finale, the only way Hiram's Legion of Doom works as a plot point is if a character ends up in those settings. So, next season, someone goes to Southside Prison and someone ends up in the Southside Brothel.

by Anonymousreply 567May 18, 2018 9:59 AM

[quote]How do they get their homework done between all the murders and mayhem?

There is a reason they are still sophomores in high school but clearly in their early 20's.

by Anonymousreply 568May 18, 2018 11:53 AM

R568 They are in TV high school purgatory.

by Anonymousreply 569May 18, 2018 2:44 PM

What do we want? A hard reset! When do we want it? Now!

Even that gay kiss sent an awful message. People who are overcome with grief do all sorts of crazy shit while they're in that weird mental place, trying to process their loss. Unless it's your partner, please don't return a kiss or respond to the sexual advances of a grieving acquaintance or a friend. Just wait a bit instead. I'm sorry but that's just common decency to me. Don't be [italic]that[/italic] person; be best!

Where's Joaquin?

by Anonymousreply 570May 18, 2018 3:04 PM

Why did they bring Joaquin back for that one scene ? It made no sense especially if it didn't involve Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 571May 18, 2018 3:09 PM

R571 Bad writing 101. Introduce a plot "twist" and promptly forget about it.

by Anonymousreply 572May 18, 2018 3:20 PM

Moose vs Joaquin in S3 please

by Anonymousreply 573May 19, 2018 1:36 AM

I need some Joaquin dong.

by Anonymousreply 574May 19, 2018 1:40 AM

Finally saw the finale. It was as underwhelming as I thought. Cheryl becoming a Serpent is so laughable. Kevin is blink and you'll miss him. The restroom kiss is just okay. No real chemistry because Moose has zero personality. The convoluted plot of the Black Hood, the rival gangs and the Lodge gangster business makes zero sense. What a mess of a season. Really have very little enthusiasm to continue watching next season.

by Anonymousreply 575May 19, 2018 8:57 AM

Riverdale is now officially a one season wonder. Holy shit, that went off the rails worse than Empire. The show got worse and worse as the year went on. The musical episode was a massive disappointment. They left out the best songs from Carrie, and they left out THE FUCKING PROM SCENE! It was very odd to me that the episode got all 'A' reviews. It was terrible. For my money, the best musical episode ever was Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Once More with Feeling. It set the gold-standard, and THAT is an 'A' On that scale Riverdale/Carrie gets a C at best.

The season finale left me with zero hope that the show will get better from here. I have some suggestions, though.

First and foremost- cut the show to 13 episodes per season. The network tradition of 22 is antiquated and just tends not to breed quality these days. I understand the desire to get to 100 episodes for later syndication, but I think in the end the show will only have long term potential to be profitable in reruns if it's good.

Refocus on the kids- Fucking I couldn't give a shit less about Hiram Lodge- he's gross to look at. In fact, cut ALL of the adults, except Alice Cooper, and maybe just keep FP and Cheryl's mom as recurring. Do more high school plots- bring back the fun Twin Peaks vaguely supernatural stuff, but use is sparingly.

Creative team shake up- fucking FIRE the show runner and most of the writing staff. The writing was insultingly bad. The one exception this year, I thought, was episode 19, the one that followed the musical episode. I thought that was most like the first season, and it was fun to watch. The credited writer was co-producer Cristine Chambers, and this is her only episode so far. Make her head writer or show runner. I speculate that Greg Berlanti was around helping develop season 1, but bolted for most of season 2. Bring him back.

Cast stuff- Get rid of Josie. No room for her. Give her a spin-off if you must, but them trying to shoehorn her into episodes was awful. Cole Sprouse was my favorite thing about season 1. But Jughead became very boring in season 2. Also, he was so hot in season 1. Not sure what happened, but he wasn't at all in season 2. Make Jughead hot again! And get rid of ALL traces of that motherfucking biker gang. Holy shit, they suck.

Homoeroticism, pop-art, and camp- all used effectively in season 1. Let's face it, a big part of the show's appeal are the hot dudes- more fight scenes in the high school locker room, more bro bonding between Archie and Jughead, ect. Season 1 had an amazing, bright color palette- it reminded me of season 1 of the 1966 Batman series. Pop art on television. Season 2 retained it somewhat, but not nearly as often or with the same style. And a dash of smart camp used sparingly was going on in season 1. Much less so, and less effectively in season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576May 19, 2018 11:55 AM

R576 is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 577May 19, 2018 12:56 PM

I don't understand the Josie thing either. Her Mom actually gets more screen time and story than she does. The CW has her featured in all of the promotional materials and key art for the series, but she really has no storyline or purpose. She's just there. The Mob stuff really took the show off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 578May 19, 2018 3:02 PM

[quote]They left out the best songs from Carrie

Well, Madchen Amick, who I do adore, doesn't have the pipes for "And Ever Was Weak."

by Anonymousreply 579May 19, 2018 3:08 PM

Juggead is not only boring but also annoying this season

by Anonymousreply 580May 19, 2018 5:30 PM

R580 Heterosexuality has that effect on cute twink.

by Anonymousreply 581May 19, 2018 5:35 PM

This season also turned into Gossip Girl Mob/Psycho Dad edition. Betty and Veronica are not that interesting but their fucking family drama took over the whole season. Season one was way better because it focused on Archie and Jughead (and their dads) while B&V were just in the background.

by Anonymousreply 582May 19, 2018 5:39 PM

Choni fans (aka SJW feminists) are bullying Kevin and Moose for "stealing" Cheryl and Toni scenes 😂😂

by Anonymousreply 583May 26, 2018 1:24 AM

All of Kevin's gay moments from the second season, handily stitched together.

I still don't understand why he didn't share a single moment with Joaquin when Joaquin returned to Riverdale. Not even a hello. Hopefully, there will be a love triangle in the third season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584May 27, 2018 12:58 AM

This is your brain on Jingle Jangle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585May 27, 2018 11:00 PM

R584 It will be a 5-way between Kevin, Moose, Joaquin, Fangs and Chic

by Anonymousreply 586May 28, 2018 2:00 AM

Thanks for that, R584!

by Anonymousreply 587May 28, 2018 4:27 AM

How convenient that Betty didn't ask whether Chic was killed by the Black Hood or not.

Watched the final four episodes in one take and man, it was such a hot mess. They really try to push Hiram as this big J.R. (Ewing - from Dallas) villain, but it just comes off as so juvenile, because he deals with meddling teens most of the time. I sure hope that Hiram's Legion of Doom implodes in a great, satisfying way.

Maybe I am too spoiled by other shows but that Moose & Kevin kiss was just not enough. I was hoping for more story, more scenes, etc.

Strange how the second season aired in full and still no Sabrina The Teenage Witch spin off in sight even though it was reported that, at some point, the character would make an appearance by the end of season one. I sure hope CW didn't put it on the backburner because of that dreadful looking Charmed reboot.

by Anonymousreply 588May 28, 2018 11:57 AM

The Sabrina spinoff is coming along just fine. We're discussing it in the thread below. The actress who plays Betty confirmed in an interview earlier this year that the shows are two separate universes so a Sabrina crossover or a cameo won't be happening.

The Charmed reboot looks fine. And we've only seen the trailer so far, though I'm sure even that looks "dreadful" to all the racists out there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589May 28, 2018 1:41 PM

The Sabrina spinoff is also a Netflix show, so it's really less a spinoff than an independent show developed by essentially the same creative team.

by Anonymousreply 590May 28, 2018 7:10 PM

Little Archie, allegedly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591May 31, 2018 12:05 AM

Did he send this to Shawnie Mendes

by Anonymousreply 592May 31, 2018 1:18 AM

Fake News

by Anonymousreply 593May 31, 2018 1:20 AM

Id suck it

by Anonymousreply 594May 31, 2018 3:10 AM

Can Cole Sprouse please verify if it's real or not?

by Anonymousreply 595May 31, 2018 9:18 AM

It's real.

by Anonymousreply 596May 31, 2018 1:29 PM

[bold]Evelyn Evernever Coming To Riverdale Season 3![/bold]

[quote]If you’re a fan of the Little Archie comics, the name Evelyn Evernever should be super familiar. In the comics, Evelyn is portrayed as a shy, self-proclaimed “bou’tiful” gal who is never really a part of the core group of friends. I mean, her BFF is her doll, Minerva.

[quote]According to the Breakdowns we received from our source, Evelyn will be coming to Riverdale to…possibly kidnap Archie?

[quote][EVELYN EVERNEVER]Female, Late Teens – Early 20’s to play Late Teens, Open Ethnicity. Otherworldly, seemingly omnipresent, and a bit odd, Evelyn is Edgar’s daughter and Betty’s new neighbor. She’s eager to befriend Betty, and is surprisingly insightful for her age, but may be hiding dark secrets about herself. (While not required, a possible direction for the role is a girl who is physically reminiscent of “Betty”.) MAJOR RECURRING GUEST STAR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597June 26, 2018 7:04 PM

Archie getting kidnapped? Ugh Im officially over the show. It went from dark, pulpy fun to dark and repititve. This is why I dropped The Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 598June 27, 2018 3:43 AM

[quote]Other iterations of the characters are under development for network broadcast or streaming: a horror-tinged animated series starring Josie (of the Pussycats); an animated series with a humorous vibe featuring Archie and his pals; and a live-action show centered around a private detective named Sam Hill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599July 9, 2018 8:54 PM

Yes, Kevin Keller and Moose Will Be a Couple on “Riverdale” Season 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 24, 2018 4:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!