Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Terms Of Endearment and The Evening Star

Any fans of BOTH of these films? Of course Terms is the better film. Wonder why James L. Brooks didn't do The Evening Star? He would've brought a much needed edge to the film writing and directing it and it would've played less sitcomy. I still love watching MacLaine in the role she was born to play in both.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2019 6:08 PM

Why was Nicholson notbin both?

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2017 5:37 PM

R1 he was . He had about a five minute cameo in Evening Star.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2017 5:41 PM

I used to love Terms when I would watch it with my Frau mother. Now I can't watch it cause it reminds me of my Frau mother.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2017 5:54 PM

Love both.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2017 5:54 PM

I love Juliette Lewis in Evening Star. Should have had a much bigger career.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2017 5:57 PM

Winger looks beautiful in that pic, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2017 6:02 PM

R6 I know the pics of the two of them are like a painting.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2017 6:15 PM

[quote] I do not understand the problem folks here seem to have with him.

A Renoir.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2017 6:17 PM

Holy crap!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2017 4:03 AM

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2017 4:04 AM

Debra Winger has a new movie coming out.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2017 4:11 AM

Caught "Terms" on HBO the other day.

Ages since I first saw it, I remembered it as a tear-jerker. This time though, "meh", and it seemed real quick from "diagnosis" to "death" and never did Debra appear at all ill.

The youngest son did a hell of a good performance in the "good-bye" scene.

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2017 4:13 AM

Juliette Lewis should have had no career. Annoying pestilence.

Terms should have stayed a novel. It was so much better. I envisioned Bea Arthur as I read it. Shirley McDingaling didn't live up to my mental picture at all.

I pictured Julie Kavner as Emma.

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2017 4:13 AM

The Evening Star never gets played on television for some reason but Terms of Endearment gets frequent airings.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2019 5:34 PM

That's because Terms is great, R14, whereas everyone knows Evening Star sucks hard.

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2019 6:04 PM

Yeah, but shouldn't it show up anyway? Just for curiosity reasons?

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2019 6:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!