Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Piefolk - Michael Martin update?

Any updates on the crazy gay comic who up and married a woman and moved to LA a few years back? From what I gather on FB, he isn't married anymore and his twitter feed is full of grindr screenshots of guys he tricks with. Anyone know the backstory on why he got married and later divorced (I assume) - did he just have a mental breakdown or was it a marriage of convenience for insurance or something? Here is the closed thread below - he is one of the few DL subjects who visited here and complained about us...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2018 11:38 AM

Hi, Michael. Still as flaky as your pastry, I see.

by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2017 4:34 AM

r1 Are you implying that this was posted by Michael?

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2017 4:58 AM

Ugh. No. No one cares.

BLOCKED.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2017 11:39 AM

OP why couldn't you have posted this as "Look at this fucking gay hipster who bakes Update"? Then people would know whom you were inquiring about.

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2017 12:52 PM

If only there was an edit function...

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2017 12:58 PM

That Gay Gayerson married a woman? It must have been a green-card thing. Where is the evidence of this?

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2017 1:49 PM

^ Link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2017 3:53 PM

He had some sort of mental breakdown but I think he was always a little bit crazy - reading his piefolk blog is like a glimpse into an alternate reality. I'm friends with him on facebook and there was never anymore mention of his "wife" after those strange FB posts. He moved to LA shortly thereafter and has been working in some sort of social work involving foster kids. He has been on a gay outrage about Chechnya and his twitter feed is filled with grindr screenshots. I think the marriage was for financial or healthcare reasons - who the fuck knows...

by Anonymousreply 8April 29, 2017 2:03 AM

Here is a podcast he did a few years ago - I think it is paywalled but from the show notes, he claims to have slept with 7 women before he came out...I have access to the full episode if someone wants to hear him brag about all his sexual conquests. I felt bad for the other gay guy on the show who seemed intimidated by MM...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 29, 2017 2:08 AM

KATG website is weird - I think I linked to the full episode somehow but here are the show notes if you don't want to listen to them yak for an hour...This was a few years before MM's meltdown and hetero marriage.

Show Notes

— Thank You For Having This Podcast: Myq welcomes his guests Ben Lerman and Michael Martin to the show — Two Jews In The Room: Myq and Ben discuss copyright arrangements and school Michael in the art of the legal system — Different Genres: The gang talks about the difficulties in deducing the different nationalities of Asian people and the joy white people feel when Asian people can't tell themselves apart either — Yeah, Which Time?: Ben and Michael are both gay men, and Myq asks if they've ever felt discriminated against because of their sexuality — Copyright Dan Savage: The gang talks about 'monogamish' and open relationships and Michael the heartbreaker talks about the time he dated two different guys at once — What's Your Number?: Myq has slept with less than 30 women, Michael had slept with 7 women and Ben and Michael can't even count how many men they've slept with — Tick Tock Lesbians: Michael talks about his desire to have children — In Conclusion: Ben feels inadequate after listening to Michael talk about his sexuality; Michael believes that does a disservice to Ben's sexuality; this makes Ben feel more inadequate about his answer

by Anonymousreply 10April 29, 2017 2:11 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2017 1:23 AM

NO R11

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2017 1:58 AM

He has to be over 40 by now and he's still doing the struggling improv/stand-up bit. How old does a person have to be before they realize that they'll never make it in show business and move on?

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2017 2:03 AM

He has been posting again at his pie blog - odd how he basically stopped posting in 2014 after announcing his marriage and then narrating some schizophrenic text messaging between himself and some imaginary former trick who accuses him of cowardice by marrying a woman out of the blue. Bisexuality is debated abstractly but never confirmed. Then the blog goes basically dark until June last year when it picks up a triumphalist post about the gay marriage decision. Another year goes by and suddenly the oppression of Chechen gays is the most important issue in the world and he is back to Gay McGayerson with no mention of the (ex) wife. She has been erased from history as if Stalin ordered her excised from the wedding pictures...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2017 6:27 PM

Reading back over the three posts about his marriage and bisexuality is like watching someone have some sort of mental breakdown in realtime...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2017 6:29 PM

Someone should ask him about her.

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2017 7:22 PM

Well apparently they are still married but it seems like it was never sexual or something - they live in separate apartments in the same complex - who the fuck knows. All he tweets about is stalking asian boys on Grindr....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2017 7:57 PM

In one of his "advice" letters, a closeted gay guy writes him whining about how hard it is to be gay, come out, etc. and MM says:

"Cory, Don’t you want to be whole? A whole person? Don’t you deserve a normal life with a family that (for better or worse) knows who you are? Of course you do. Also, I think you know this by now, it’s not a matter of if you tell your family – it’s a matter of when. You can’t keep it up forever. What are you going to do, marry a girl and pretend to have a heterosexual life? That’s absurd."

Do as I say not as I do....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2017 8:01 PM

He says he’s coming back to New York to do media for his #metoo story! Who’s excited? He’s also still super mad about the media ignoring Blaze, and Andy Dick tonguing his wife’s ear at Akbar. Does anyone remember his blog years ago when he felt harassed at Metropolitan? Watch out NYC!

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2018 12:57 AM

LOL! This guy professes his love for a woman, gets married, and then acts indignant when someone questions if he is bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2018 11:29 AM

[quote]This guy professes his love for a woman

More correctly, a "lady-girl."

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2018 11:33 AM

There’s a couple of photos of this guy with the article about the harassment he claims to have been subjected to when he was in that theatre company all those years ago - and he does not look well. Dunno what the problem is - but he looks thin and drawn and older than his years. Hope he has some family and friends looking out for him - it’s all sounding a bit sad and chaotic.

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2018 11:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!