Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan Markle (Prince Harry's gf)

We had those threads talking about "Gossip From The Sets of Various TV Shows", I wondered if anyone worked with her on "Suits"?

It seems like most of the stories out there are about her family and not much about her is being said, I wonder what she's like. Any stories, gossip to share?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2020 9:57 PM

I'm wondering the same thing, OP.

*Some* of our Canadian DLers have to have some gossip from the Toronto "Suits" set!

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2017 8:40 PM

I think she is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2017 9:56 PM

R1 Do you know if the cast is close? Her co-star got married and the last bit made me think they're not getting along:

[quote] There was a galaxy of stars in attendance when Suits star Patrick J. Adams married Pretty Little Liars' Troian Bellisario on Saturday, December 10, but one celebrity was conspicuously absent — the groom's costar Meghan Markle.

[quote] The 35-year-old, who plays Adams' fiancée on the USA Network hit, was spotted heading to a yoga class in Toronto on Saturday as the couple tied the knot in a rustic outdoor ceremony in California in front of 200 family members and friends including Suits' Sarah Rafferty, Pretty Little Liars' Keegan Allen, Star Trek's Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto and Scandal's Katie Lowes and husband Adam Shapiro. A source tells Us Weekly that Prince Harry's girlfriend was invited to the three-day celebration but decided not to attend the wedding in order to avoid overshadowing the newlyweds.

[quote]Markle, who was recently reunited with her royal beau when he visited her in Toronto, spoke to Adams about the wedding and "they both kind of agreed that maybe her coming would attract too much (of the wrong kind of) attention," the source tells Us. "They both thought it sucked."

[quote]A source close to the newlyweds, meanwhile, says, "Meghan had no plans to attend the wedding, and that conversation never happened."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2017 4:53 AM

Celebrities (especially lower level ones with needy actress fiancées) can be *super* paranoid about being "overshadowed" at their own weddings by other actor/entertainment friends.

Meghan has always been known to have a positive relationship with Patrick and he always says really sweet things about her in the press (and this was way before she was dating Harry).

I wouldn't read too much into the alleged wedding diss. Patrick's fiancée/wife was a main cast member on the super competitive "Pretty Litttle Liars" set *forever* and didn't want to *not* be the top story at her own wedding. I think that's all that's going on here.

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2017 12:41 PM

The couple fearing being overshadowed themselves makes no sense considering the guest list had celebrities, some more well known than them. Also " (especially lower level ones with needy actress fiancées)" are you a fan of the show or a royal fan?

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2017 3:01 PM

I don't see it

by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2017 4:46 PM

She resembles the Palin girls.

by Anonymousreply 7April 25, 2017 6:30 PM

She looks like a prettier/younger version of Pippy or whatever the fuck her name is.

by Anonymousreply 8April 25, 2017 6:36 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2017 2:16 PM

This will date me (altho I was Very young at the time) but every time I see "Meghan Markle" I think "Sparkle Farkle". Heh

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2017 2:43 PM

I wonder how she and Harry have approached the subject of kids. I'm sure Harry wants them. And although they may be in love, her time is very quickly running out.

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2017 2:53 PM

Um...she's 35 not 45, R11. Unless there are other fertility issues, she still has a few good years for kids especially if they marry in the next year or so.

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2017 3:16 PM

Besides, she'll want a baby as quickly as possible to shore up her financial position during the divorce negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2017 3:33 PM

It's true that a woman's fertility decreases substantially after the age of 35 but many woman are having children much later in life today. With all of the modern fertility treatments available, late motherhood is quite possible.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2017 3:35 PM

She'll be gone by end of summer so unclutch gurls.

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2017 3:48 PM

R15 - I've been reading the vicious comments against her on the Daily Fail since the relationship went public last fall.

Harry is going to have his hands full getting the Brits on his side regarding this woman. Britain Brexit is very xenophobic at this time and many do not take kindly to a divorced American actress who seems to enjoy publicity and perks of the high class life becoming a member of the Royal Family.

She's an ambitious social climbing user according to many people posting. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2017 3:57 PM

The Britain Brexit crowd who hate Meghan are probably toothless council flat residents.

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2017 4:01 PM

The Daily Fail, in particular, isn't about journalism, it's about selling newspapers. But generally all the British tabloids need a villain in the Royal Family. It will be Meghan Markle in spades. They will be looking for every sign of grandeur they can find or invent. As pointed out, a divorced American actress... she's in for a very rough ride. Especially as wife of the second son. Fergie's gift for fucking up notwithstanding they even called her Duchess of Pork because she got fat having her kids. I don't know why she'd do it. This is going to Hell Week without end.

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2017 4:25 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2017 4:51 PM

R17 - I guess they have a lot in common with some Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2017 4:53 PM

Interesting though she didn't meet William. I don't think it means anything except they elected not to create circumstances where that picture could be taken.

by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2017 4:54 PM

Harry looks physically repulsive. The toothless council hags should be happy he's snagged a good looking woman, whoever she is. BTW, I don't think the Daily Wail is read much by the council slags but I could very well be wrong: if they can read, I'd have thought that they would read the The Scar, The Scum or The Mirror.

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2017 5:03 PM

First public function! Is this a big deal? I saw other pictures of her at this event. She looked great.

by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2017 7:36 PM

I wonder if the polka dot purse at the polo match was a nod to Pretty Woman?

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2017 12:07 AM

I wonder if she'll be the best dressed royal. Because we know horsey Catherine doesn't have game.

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2017 12:20 AM

She's invited to church and the reception on Pippa's big day. It's inevitable now that Harry will marry what the article refers to as 'the American divorcee.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2017 12:31 PM

So attending the wedding is a huge sign?

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2017 1:28 PM

I wonder if she is why they shipped Prince Philip off to the country? He probably went ballistic at the news she would attend the wedding. The timing here has to be more than a coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2017 1:34 PM

Did Harry even have much of a relationship with his grandfather? I mean, even before Ms. Markle?

by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2017 1:38 PM

Prince Philip is the absolute ruler of the family. That was the agreement, Elizabeth got the nation and commonwealth and Philip got the headship of the family. The queen defers all these type of matters to him.

by Anonymousreply 30May 8, 2017 2:06 PM

Well then, the Queen is a puss!

by Anonymousreply 31May 8, 2017 3:09 PM

She's extremely pretty - a much prettier version of that dull, lifeless Kate Middleton. But I can't think of anything worse than marrying into that family/life. Girl must have self esteem issues. Just imagine all the baggage you'd have to take on, marrying a Prince.

by Anonymousreply 32May 8, 2017 3:22 PM

I think most of the online comments come from the delusional female fans who fantasize about Harry sweeping them off to become a princess. The Tumblr hate blogs and conspiracy theories are exactly the same as the fans who insist Otter-face Cumbersnatch is carting around two plastic dolls pretending they're his kids, and the fans who devote every waking second to proving those two One Direction boys have been in cosy domestic monogamous bliss since they were about 12.

Of course a lot of the DM comments are standard operating practice for the Nazi trolls who hang out there.

I'm British and it's weird to me how Americans overstate the importance of the RF. Yes, it sucks that our taxes pay for them, but the average Brit simply never thinks about them. Harry and Meghan are essentially pretty well-liked here, certainly more than the rest of the leeches (apart from the Queen). Or if not liked then neutrally tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 33May 8, 2017 3:32 PM

their kids will be fug, she's probably had loads of plastic surgery like all actresses.

by Anonymousreply 34May 8, 2017 3:36 PM

how on earth did they even meet?

by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2017 3:37 PM

Kate Middleton is so fucking plain. Her hair is the worst! I see a feud building between the two. One is the glam and will perhaps be more well liked in future and the boring, dull, Kate who will be insanely jealous. Plus everyone will be talking about her at Pippa's wedding and not Pippa, so both sisters will hate Megan.

by Anonymousreply 36May 8, 2017 3:39 PM

The Wisteria sisters have been trained since birth to snare a rich man, no wonder they hate her.

Will and Kate are being reamed in the UK right now for being workshy.

by Anonymousreply 37May 8, 2017 3:40 PM

Agreed, there will be tension. The Middleton sisters will act super snobby and look down at the 'common' American actress. Even though the Middleton's parents are fucking party planners and the whole family is devoid of style

by Anonymousreply 38May 8, 2017 3:41 PM

Meghan's looks are completely overrated.

I think Kate and Meghan are pretty on par looks wise.

Meghan's nose is particularly distracting.

by Anonymousreply 39May 8, 2017 3:44 PM

The Middleton girls have aged prematurely from being perpetually on the Dukan diet

by Anonymousreply 40May 8, 2017 3:45 PM

Also the Brits are very snobby. They will be "nice" to your face but gossip and talk shit behind your back in an nano second, probably the same everywhere but more so in UK. Esp those titled ones...they will definitely look down on meghan and plus she is mixed race, Brits are very racists, esp those in the upper class.

Meghan at the very least has had a nose job.

She has a friendly face (my opinion). Kate is already aging very fast and poorly, pippa even more so.

by Anonymousreply 41May 8, 2017 3:48 PM

No, r15; Harry is waiting until an appropriate length of time post-Pippa's wedding before he formally (i.e., publicly) offers MM an engagement ring. That she is attending Pippa's wedding without said ring just indicates the everyone in the Inner Circle knows the score.

by Anonymousreply 42May 8, 2017 3:48 PM

Don't read read comments from The Daily Mail and think that's the opinion of most Brits. We regard 'The Fail' more like a right wing comic. I think most brits couldn't give a shit about her or who Harry penetrates. We've enough to worry about. You can have the royal family if you like ? My treat.

by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2017 3:51 PM

I really wonder how long they will last, by his admission, he blocked out his mother's death until very recently, emotionally, he can't be that mature.

Well, even if they get married and divorce, she will be set for life.

by Anonymousreply 44May 8, 2017 3:52 PM

Markle was supposedly introduced to Harry by one of the York princesses. So if she was good enough by the standards of a Princess of The Blood, she should be good enough for the social climbing Middletons.

I just hope she doesn't suddenly adopt a fake British accent like Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 45May 8, 2017 4:49 PM

I don't think Harry did himself any favors by blasting the press and the public in that special statement he released. Many people liked him a lot until he got on his high horse and told people off for having an opinion and expressing it. He should have kept quiet. From what I've read on the Internet, he's lost a lot of respect from people who supported him in the past.

I also find him very confusing. He once dressed up in a Nazi uniform but now he's dating an older, American bi-racial actress. Will the real Harry please step forward?

Lately, he's also a bit insensitive. In a recent interview, he said he is only now ready to get serious about his personal life. If I was one of his former longtime r girlfriends like Chelsy or Cressida, I would be pretty fucking pissed off with him. What were we, chopped liver?

I still think Harry is psychologically damaged, emotionally immature and has a lot of growing up to do. But then again, I'm not his psychologist. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 46May 8, 2017 4:52 PM

Many people believe that Markle had her sights on Harry for awhile.

I have a feeling she was introduced to Harry by someone in the Soho House crowd. She's friends with a guy who works for that organization.

She has described herself as "ambitious" and snaring a British prince would be icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 47May 8, 2017 4:56 PM

For an ambitious actress she was sure willing to settle for a part on a two-bit cable network where she sometimes barely even had a page in the episode.

by Anonymousreply 48May 8, 2017 5:00 PM

Well, r48, she is now settling for a part in a two-bit royal family.

I guess it's time to say "Off with her head!"

by Anonymousreply 49May 8, 2017 5:09 PM

Only a moron can't see that if not for who he was, that she's way hotter than that beady-eyed, balding ginger.

by Anonymousreply 50May 8, 2017 5:22 PM

I don't think Markle will like enjoy in the royal fishbowl. All of those rules and protocol will grate on an American woman used to her freedom. Diana and Fergie tried to "modernize" the Royal Family and we all know how they fared.

I truly believe that if he wasn't WHAT he was, Markle would NOT give him the time of day.

The question is : what aspect of her character will win out in the end? Her "ambition" or her "common sense"? Let's face it. Anyone can't be in their right mind there if they want to marry into this sorry bunch. Yes, the lifestyle comes with a lot of perks but it also has its drawbacks.

After the Queen dies, who is there? An adulterous, divorced, selfish and spoiled man who wanted to be his mistress' tampon (he's suppose to be Head of the Church of England and the same mistress will be his consort). He's followed by two workshy special snowflakes. I'm not hopeful for the future of the British monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2017 5:22 PM

"I'm not hopeful for the future of the British monarchy."

Well, I know they would be so sorry to learn of your worry there, r51

by Anonymousreply 52May 8, 2017 5:24 PM

I'm curious to know when MM started all of her charity work, feeding poor children overseas, etc. If she's always been involved in that stuff, then I can see what she and Harry have in common.

If it's all orchestrated for the purpose of nabbing a prince...well then, as some have said, it will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 53May 8, 2017 5:27 PM

Harry has had heart-to-hearts with his Uncle Andrew about how to game the system as a "will never have to serve" royal brother.

Get married, jizz a few kids, get divorced, and then shag any woman you bloody well please for the rest of your life.

Brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2017 5:33 PM

She has two degrees from Northwestern : theater and international relations. She chose acting after finding out how hard it was to be a diplomat.

She's been an ambassador for Vision Canada for a couple of years. She has traveled to a couple of places for photo-ops. Since her acting career is winding down (she's getting old and parts are scarce for women of a "certain age"), she is supposedly going to do more philanthropy (this pursuit does look more suitable on a royal gf's resume than acting). That is all.

by Anonymousreply 55May 8, 2017 5:35 PM

Perhaps MM studied the Ten-Year-Plan of Mother Middleton for Catherine.

For Prince Harry, the Resume' Plan would include early involvement in charities, acting, and travel, all the while accumulating important contacts.

Oh, and having the insight and foresight to realize that, after his blondes, the younger Windsor Princes would marry long-haired brunettes.

by Anonymousreply 56May 8, 2017 6:03 PM

I'm surprised she's attending Pippa's wedding. She's definitely going to be a distraction. Pippa is old news, Harry's romance has a lot of legs left.

by Anonymousreply 57May 9, 2017 1:33 AM

Her career winding down? oh please, she was only able to nab a small part on a cable show. she had little talent, if any.

This is the best "job" of her life with Harry, she's gonna make sure it works, she will put up with all the shit for a chance to be royal.

Harry is an immature party animal who has a lot of growing up to do, everything is "for a laugh", he doesn't think period, like the nazi costume, getting naked in vegas. He has done whatever the fuck he wanted for all his life. His past GFs were all flakes and loved to party like him. Meghan is somewhat more "serious" and has more "purpose" in life than those flakes, different from what he's had and is refreshing.

When his interet in her fades, he will cheat on her for sure. He will do what he wants, he doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 58May 9, 2017 1:52 AM

Pippa's rule: No ring, no bring. Markle is not invited to the wedding ceremony. She's only invited to the post-show party that night.

by Anonymousreply 59May 9, 2017 2:56 AM

Was that the best kissing photo anybody could get?

by Anonymousreply 60May 9, 2017 3:02 AM

The kiss was hidden behind vehicles specifically so that DataLounge couldn't dissect it.

by Anonymousreply 61May 9, 2017 3:03 AM

Interesting thread. Perhaps they are in love and the sex is great. How about that? As for the monarchy - hopefully these two things are relevant because after the Queen dies the monarchy is unlikely to last.

by Anonymousreply 62May 9, 2017 3:18 AM

A kiss is still a kiss.

by Anonymousreply 63May 9, 2017 3:19 AM

yes, the sex is probably good but that only lasts so long, plus they were basically in a long distance relationship which made things more interesting, the longing for next meeting, anticipation, excitement etc, all that fades.

I wonder if there is pressure from his family to settle down? He is not ready for marriage and kids. no way.

by Anonymousreply 64May 9, 2017 6:30 AM

I don't agree releasing the letter was a bad idea. The "opinions" he blasted people for were explicitly racist. If someone's opinion is "black woman are monkeys who should not be allowed to breed" then no that is not an opinion they should be allowed to express. Freedom of speech doesn't cover hate speech.

Don't believe what you read on the Internet - releasing that letter won him a ton of fans and applause. The only people who lost respect for him are the jealous fangurls on Tumblr and Neo-Nazis. Harry's done some idiot shit (that awful costume) but releasing the letter wasn't it. I think people are judging him because normally women are more open about their loves than men, but in this case Harry's going about defending her in public and she's keeping schtum.

by Anonymousreply 65May 9, 2017 10:46 AM

That's what I had heard, Pippa only wanted married couples. Then I heard she made an exception for Harry, then I heard Meghan declined because she didn't want it to turn into a media circus at the expense of Pippa. Now it seems like the pendulum is swinging back to her attending. It's not a good idea, it's lose-lose for Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 66May 9, 2017 11:18 AM

The thing is though that the Pippa wedding will be incredibly private for an occasion like that. The reception is at the parents' house, which has an eighteen acre garden, and the church is on private property so hard for media to access. MM's presence won't affect much either way in terms of the intensity of interest....Pippa in the ass dress, sister of the future Queen was always going to draw attention. No doubt Markle will be an object of curiosity but with all the relative privacy not much more. Hopefully she is shrewd enough to play it demure and sweet and subtle, winning hearts and minds in aid of her long term future. This wouldn't be happening if a big announcement wasn't coming. If he didn't have a +1 and later got one there had to be some heavy rationale for it.

Be fun if she got really pissed though and was later seen in Hello! drunkenly twerking like there's no tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 67May 9, 2017 11:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 8, 2017 3:57 PM

She's got the same kind of nose as his mother had.

by Anonymousreply 69July 8, 2017 3:59 PM

[quote]If someone's opinion is "black woman are monkeys who should not be allowed to breed" then no that is not an opinion they should be allowed to express. Freedom of speech doesn't cover hate speech.

Actually, it does legally. it doesn't in the minds of SJWs, but that's not reality.

by Anonymousreply 70July 8, 2017 4:00 PM

To me, the worst thing a couple can do is have a baby right away.

by Anonymousreply 71July 8, 2017 4:05 PM

Yes, R71--unless, of course, you want to ensure continued access to the family fortune for at least 18 years.

Nothing like a crotch spawn to keep you shackled to someone for a long, long time!

by Anonymousreply 72July 8, 2017 4:16 PM

R69 going by the picture at r68 Harry looks to have her mother's type of nose too.

by Anonymousreply 73July 8, 2017 5:04 PM

[quote]Actually, it does legally. it doesn't in the minds of SJWs, but that's not reality.

And yet, the right-wing has shown it takes even less to offend them, but you seem to have a hard-on for SJW in particular.

by Anonymousreply 74July 8, 2017 5:18 PM

I look forward to their engagement, then wedding, and first kid, all just to fuck up the racist haters. This girl is half white, but yet, asshole haters only see her black mother side. Fucking cunts.

May Harry and Meghan have a wonderful life together.

by Anonymousreply 75July 8, 2017 5:22 PM

American, divorced, actress, crazy family..... what could possibly go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 76July 8, 2017 5:27 PM

I imagine Harry is giving his paternal grandfather a W-I-D-E berth these days lest ol' Dookie-Boy box his ears for damaging the carefully crafted image of "The Firm."

by Anonymousreply 77July 8, 2017 5:32 PM

[quote]I look forward to their engagement, then wedding, and first kid, all just to fuck up the racist haters. This girl is half white, but yet, asshole haters only see her black mother side. Fucking cunts.

And when you look at a lot of the "pure bloods" like Charles or his nieces vs the product of "race-mixing," like Markle...who is more attractive?

The people obsessed with this Aryan crap like the Trump family or Bannon or Hitler/Goebbels or a lot of these confederate types, are amongst the ugliest people to ever walk (barely upright) the earth. Ivanka wouldn't have had to have so much surgery if she were already the product of superior genetics, but her father happens to be a genuinely ugly thing.

by Anonymousreply 78July 8, 2017 6:05 PM

Nice article on Harry -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 9, 2017 2:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 9, 2017 12:54 PM

Interesting BI here (if it's true)....they've either 1. Broken up or 2. Are deliberately trying to throw the media off the scent of an upcoming engagement.

53. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 07/07 **#5** Something is going on. This B list mostly television actress from a very hit long running cable show used to tell a few friends all the details about her relationship with this foreign born A++ list celebrity. Now, she always changes the subject. Meghan Markle ("Suits")/Prince Harry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 9, 2017 1:00 PM

Yes, no longer having personal conversations about your celebrity boyfriend with "friends" who run straight to the press is indeed very suspicious behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 82July 9, 2017 5:33 PM

Meghan is really pretty and a good match for Harry. I just hope Harry does something to keep his hair. His brother looks much worse since going bald.

by Anonymousreply 83July 9, 2017 6:31 PM

Feeling nostalgic for a simpler time.

by Anonymousreply 84September 14, 2020 9:37 PM

They got out at the perfect time. Kate picked some photos to do with covid. She did a good job. She picked two focusing on BLM. The daily mail did a story on it. The Brf racist fans then bombarded the DM comments on section with Kate is a race traitor, defund the monarchy, we can get rid of you too comments. The story was hidden. New story removed the BLM link. Extra story now blaming Sussex supporters for hate tweets picking on Kate. This diverts from the fact that Kate's own fans were white supremacisting it up on the DM comments section. It's effing nuts

by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2020 9:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!