Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Born This Way on TLC channel won an Emmy

It's about people with Downs Syndrome trying to be normal.

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2018 3:57 PM

I hate that show. I hate the adverts for it too.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2017 9:52 PM

Do they weigh 600 pounds? Are any trannies or midgets? Maybe freakishly tall? I need to know!

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2017 10:06 PM

I am extremely uncomfortable watching Downs people and I am not proud of that at all.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2017 10:08 PM

Now that circuses are not PC anymore the freaks had to go someplace.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2017 10:09 PM

Shouldn't that be in the Secret Shame thread R3?

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2017 10:10 PM

Isn't that thread already full, R5?

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2017 10:14 PM

Nope R6, still some room for shame!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2017 10:18 PM

I hate the adverts for it across discovery channels.

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2017 10:21 PM

TLC needs to give DL Icon Jill her own TV Show! Or at the very least a "Where is She Now?" special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2017 10:29 PM

Have any of you seen Cafe de Flore? It's about reincarnated retards. And you can tell that they're retards if they have tattoos or are alcoholics and airports teem with them. It's one of the most uncomfortably, weirdly earnest movies I've ever seen. Also, can be filed under: Accidental Comedy.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2017 3:18 AM

I watched the first episode of the new season and lasted about 1/2 hour. I found that I just didn't couldn't get into the manufactured things the producers set up for them - going to a spa, getting a tattoo, having cooking lessons, looking for apartments, meeting at juice bars, bowling, etc.

This new show started after BTW which I found very interesting - it follows a bunch of teens who have Tourette's Syndrome. I had more empathy for these kids than the Down Syndromes. It was half fascinating and half sad - I felt bad for the cello playing boy with the overbearing mother pushing him. The kid was clearly being browbeaten into playing the instrument and was only doing it to please Mom.

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2018 3:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!