Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the deranged Poppins/Theatre Gossip troll suffering from? And what should be done about it?

What think you?

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2018 6:37 AM

Someone needs to go fly a kite straight up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2017 7:31 PM

Dame Julie Andrews needs to fuck him with a strap-on

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2017 7:46 PM

Is there something slower and more painful than a grease fire? (and don't write, "Reading one of his posts.")

by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2017 7:47 PM

He entered the act same thread with Broadway Gossip #257. 28 times in a row! (Icounted them.)

That's fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2017 7:48 PM

Entered EXACT same thread...

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2017 7:49 PM

Maybe he came down with an acute attack of good taste.

And you proved what a horrible movie it is: truly good movies don't need to kill the people who dislike them.

You're the troll and the deranged one, OP, and so is everyone who looks at that shitty movie as anything other than total crap.

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2017 7:51 PM

[italic]Bedknobs and Broomsticks[/italic] is better and you fucking know it. This is the greatest scene in movie history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2017 7:52 PM

He's constantly in the "Feud" threads, bashing Majestrix Lange.

He's also obsessed with Faye Dunaway, ๐Ÿ˜‚.

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2017 7:54 PM

[quote] He entered the act same thread with Broadway Gossip #257. 28 times in a row! (Icounted them.)

That wouldn't happen if you bullying bigoted philistines hadn't flagged it.

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2017 7:55 PM

They're not the same person, R8. Faye Dunaway is a great actress and a less-than-great human being, but J is also a great actress.

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2017 7:56 PM

R10 Someone verified, though. I agree, Faye is great. Lange is iconic.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2017 7:58 PM

Then they verified wrong unless the troll you're talking about is the idiot who puts that malignant narcissist umbrella jockey on a pedestal at the expense of inarguably superior films of the same genre (and from the same filmmakers no less)! That's the troll we need to get rid of. I put it on ignore and I very rarely see it talk about anything else.

And why is Faye Dunaway not also iconic? How are truly great films like [italic]Bonnie and Clyde[/italic], [italic]Chinatown[/italic] and [italic]Network[/italic] not "iconic"? And whether you love or hate [italic]Mommie Dearest[/italic], and I'll admit I have mixed feelings about it, that is at least recognizable enough to be iconic.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2017 8:06 PM

Why doesn't Muriel just make the P-word an insta-reject word like "effeminate" used to be? That would solve a whole lot of problems.

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2017 8:08 PM

[quote]And what should be done about it?

You have the power to end this nightmare without violence or invective just by changing the subject.

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2017 8:23 PM

OP, listen to yourself. Do you seriously want someone to die for not liking a movie? Do you want that on your conscience for the rest of your life? Do you really value that stupid, annoying, unbelievably offensive movie more than actual human life? If the answer to any of those questions is "yes," then you're a monster.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2017 8:40 PM

OP is right. The Poppins troll must be banished from DL.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2017 8:55 PM

Silly, it wasn't a real horse. It was a costume with two waiters in it.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2017 9:20 PM

The trolls are the ones who like that shit. They're the ones who need to go.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2017 9:22 PM

I have a feeling that the troll is Julie Andrews herself, what with no voice, no husband, she's got a lot of time on her hands...

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2017 9:27 PM

If she refused a Tony nomination that she probably would have won otherwise, how come she wasn't so picky when it came to the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2017 9:29 PM

Deep down, even Julie knew [italic]Bedknobs and Broomsticks[/italic] was better; she re-read the script after initially saying no for fear of typecasting (tell me again how much money [italic]Star![/italic], which for all its faults I actually enjoy watching, and [italic]Darling Lili[/italic] made), then called to say she changed her mind within hours of Angela saying "yes" to it.

And after having worked with both of them, the fact that Rob Marshall cast Angela and not Julie in the sequel to Julie's first American film (her real first film is the 1954 English animated film [italic]The Singing Princess[/italic]) shows whom he thinks is a better actress. But what a waste of a great talent.

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2017 9:35 PM

The Poppins Troll has been on Datalounge for years.

He's an immigrant from Trinidad, and has access to multiple computers he uses to post onto Datalounge.

He hates jessica Lange in "Feud," worships Faye Dunaway in "Mommie Dearest," and becomes completely insane if anyone suggests he shut up.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2017 9:37 PM

[quote]and becomes completely insane if anyone suggests he shut up.

Then why not try telling him so in a song?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2017 9:39 PM

Burn, bitch. Burn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2017 9:46 PM

How the movie should have ended:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2017 9:49 PM

[quote]OP, listen to yourself. Do you seriously want someone to die for not liking a movie? Do you want that on your conscience for the rest of your life? Do you really value that stupid, annoying, unbelievably offensive movie more than actual human life? If the answer to any of those questions is "yes," then you're a monster.

You take all of this terribly seriously, don't you, Poppins Loon? The world being what it is, suicide is probably your only real option now.

by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2017 2:33 AM

Bombing of the Poppins Loon is set to begin at midnight!

Hooray!

by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2017 2:40 AM

Just a spoonful of Poppins

Makes the Loony Toon see red,

The Loony Toon see red,

The Loony Toon see red.

by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2017 2:41 AM

R28 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2017 3:33 AM

Another Poopins alternate ending

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2017 12:18 PM

I keep blocking the Poppins troll over and over, and somehow he shows up again.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2017 8:36 PM

R28 needs to go bobbing along, bobbing along on the bottom of the beautiful blazing grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2017 8:50 PM

[quote] The world being what it is, suicide is probably your only real option now.

You really want me dead, don't you? The fact that fans of that film are willing to commit murder in defense of it speaks volumes about what a terrible movie it is. You also proved the trolls are the people who like it. You're the ones who have ruined Datalounge, not me. You're the ones who have made this a hostile climate, not me. You're the ones who have lowered the bar for all sorts of things, not me. Everyone I've ever known who liked it has had some kind of moral or mental defect. Every single one. No exceptions. But everyone I've ever known who preferred [italic]Bedknobs and Broomsticks[/italic] had more on the ball. That's one of the ways I know B&B is better. And if you ever want Datalounge to be a fun place to post again, you will admit that, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2017 8:51 PM

Likewise, [italic]Futurama[/italic] was and is better than either [italic]Family Guy[/italic] or [italic]The Simpsons[/italic]. One reason is that they quit while they were ahead. The rest of you should get the hint.

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2017 8:52 PM

At least whenever [italic]The Golden Girls[/italic] mentioned that empty-headed [italic]Song of the South[/italic] knockoff, it was in a derogatory context.

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2017 9:05 PM

Jesus

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2017 1:23 AM

r22 is correct. The Poppins Troll and the Faye Troll are the same rancid cunt. She uses multiple devices, so she has FF'd this thread several times already.

The Poppins Troll hates Mary Poppins. And the Faye Troll hates Jessica Lange and FEUD. But she sure got her ass handed to her in the FEUD threads. She suffered some serious beatdowns from FEUD and Lange fans.

It seems the Lange fans don't mess around and they do not suffer fools.

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2017 1:48 AM

Such rich, intricate histories for the trolls on these boards.

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2017 2:32 AM

This Poppins/Lange/Faye Troll is so ill, it's hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2017 1:10 AM
by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2018 6:19 PM

Bump for Matt the Loony Poppins Troll

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2018 6:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!