Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's Your Favorite Bad Movie?

What's your favorite so bad it's good movie, the schlockier the better.

by Anonymousreply 237August 21, 2018 9:26 PM

Any movie with Maria Montez.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2017 3:57 AM

Death Become Her

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2017 4:05 AM

White chicks

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2017 4:15 AM

Valley of the Dolls

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman

The Terror of Tiny Town

Strait Jacket

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2017 4:39 AM

Grease 2

Death to Smoochy

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2017 4:39 AM

Curse of the Black Widow, pure B- starring a scene chewing Patty Duke rocking a terrible yet wonderful fake French accent.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2017 4:42 AM

Mannequin, Desperately seeking susan

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2017 4:54 AM

Swarm

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2017 4:55 AM

Glen or Glenda (1953) the pioneering film about transexuals and transvestites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2017 4:59 AM

And also directed by Edward D. Wood, the disasterpiece Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2017 5:00 AM

Manos The Hands of Fate. Be merciful to yourself and watch it with Mystery Science Theater 3000 commentary. Trying to watch that movie straight up is akin to deep torture.

You can find the original movie and the one with MST3K riffs at club-mst3k.com

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2017 5:03 AM

First Knight

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2017 5:06 AM

Nothing but trouble, showgirls, frankenhooker

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2017 5:07 AM

Exorcist 2, especially when it pretends that Linda Blair is a great dancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2017 5:11 AM

Love Has Many Faces

Tons of beefcake, tons of fabulous clothes, tons of fabulous mid-century interiors, subject matter about older rich women buying young muscle studs tp pleasure them, and Lana Turner's "acting."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2017 5:23 AM

Trolls 2

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2017 5:29 AM

It's a Bikini World - Tommy Kirk is an unlikely jock who has to pretend to be his own more sophisticated brother to win the heart of Deborah Walley, just before she got sucked into The Mothers-in-Law. Bobby "Boris" Pickett is on hand for comic relief as a teenager of about thirty. The beach provides a chilly backdrop. The low-budget flick was clearly shot in cooler weather as Christmas decorations can be seen in many public spaces. A coffin nail in the Beach Movie craze, its saving grace is that it features rare film performances from several decent pop/rock bands that were part of the scene in LA in the mid-to-late sixties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2017 5:38 AM

Shakes the Clown Pink Flamingos

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2017 5:42 AM

The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2017 5:51 AM

Beyond The Valley of the Dolls

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2017 5:55 AM

The Black Slipper

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2017 5:57 AM

Lost Horizon with singing by George Kennedy, Sally Kellerman and Liv Ullman.

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2017 6:05 AM

The Best of Everything

Can't Stop the Music

Monsignor- where nun Genevieve Bujold sees her GI lover Christopher Reeve is really a priest!

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2017 9:19 AM

"The Bad Seed"

"Theater of Blood"

+1 to the musical "Lost Horizon"

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2017 9:39 AM

Blood Feast

by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2017 10:30 AM

Mahogany: Diana Ross and Anthony Perkins at their campy, over-the top best...with some cool circa 70s fashions thrown in as the supporting co-star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2017 10:36 AM

The Room

by Anonymousreply 27March 29, 2017 10:40 AM

"Hush", with Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 28March 29, 2017 11:09 AM

Who's that girl. Myra Breckinridge.

by Anonymousreply 29March 29, 2017 11:16 AM

The Nureyev biopic of Nijinksky.

Guffaws.

by Anonymousreply 30March 29, 2017 11:30 AM

Theatre of Blood is a great movie

by Anonymousreply 31March 29, 2017 11:46 AM

JawBreaker

by Anonymousreply 32March 29, 2017 11:53 AM

It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World

by Anonymousreply 33March 29, 2017 2:39 PM

^Bad? I've seen worse. Fun movie to watch.

by Anonymousreply 34March 29, 2017 4:47 PM

Vice Squad...I saw it with a hot to death italian boy and we were macking like mad as the theater was empty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2017 4:52 PM

Dirty Grandpa

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2017 4:54 PM

Sorry,heres the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 29, 2017 4:55 PM

Tremors with Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward and the incomparable Reba McEntire.

by Anonymousreply 38March 29, 2017 5:11 PM

I have a soft sport for bad Sharon Stone thrillers: Sliver, Diabolique.

by Anonymousreply 39March 29, 2017 5:43 PM

A Kiss Before Dying with Sean Young and Matt Dillon!

by Anonymousreply 40March 29, 2017 5:45 PM

Those weird 90's Skinimax movies Shannon Tweed made where she always played a reporter or sex therapist that always ended up fucking one of her subjects/patients. You get to see 90's stud Craig Stepp's sizable semi in one called Indecent Behavior 2.

by Anonymousreply 41March 29, 2017 6:11 PM

The Bad Seed isn't bad! The acting was geared to the theater so it's a bit over dramatic but not bad.

by Anonymousreply 42March 29, 2017 7:01 PM

Gargoyles! Bernie Casey makes a sexy gargoyle king, and a very young and hot as fuck Scott Glenn graces the screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 29, 2017 7:02 PM

Troll 2 for the win!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 29, 2017 7:17 PM

Red Dawn

by Anonymousreply 45March 29, 2017 8:48 PM

Nurse 3D

by Anonymousreply 46March 29, 2017 9:35 PM

The worst movie ever made is Nell starring Liam Neeson and Jodie Foster. No other movie even comes close, so utterly pretentious and unintentionally hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 47March 29, 2017 9:40 PM

Stayin Alive. JT can't dance for shit and the broadway show portrayed in the movie is just so so so bad.

by Anonymousreply 48March 29, 2017 9:44 PM

Belles on their toes, the sequel to cheaper by the dozen

There's a musical number about baked beans and a racist song and dance with Deborah Paget called Japanese Sandman.

It does have the lovely Jeffrey Hunter though.

by Anonymousreply 49March 29, 2017 9:46 PM

Berserk, starring Miss Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 50March 30, 2017 1:33 AM

She-Devil with Meryl Streep and Roseanne Barr .

The Seduction with Morgan Fairchild and Andrew Stevens .

by Anonymousreply 51March 30, 2017 2:21 AM

John Travolta! Ernest Borgnine! Eddie Albert! William Shatner! Keenan Wynn! Tom Skerritt! And ... Ida Lupino!

It must be ... THE DEVIL'S RAIN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 30, 2017 2:34 AM

"Can't Stop The Music". Actually saw it in the movies when it originally came out and a short time ago when TCM aired it as a midnight movie. So kitschy!

by Anonymousreply 53March 30, 2017 4:39 AM

R7 on what alternate universe is Desperately Seeking Susan considered a "bad" movie?

It has an 87% approval rating of critical acclaim on Rotten Tomatoes, was the #5 top earning movie of 1985 at the box office, received Golden Globe and BAFTA award nominations, and made Madonna a very hot Hollywood property as an actress, which she would screw up with her next 2 films which ARE generally "bad" movies.

by Anonymousreply 54March 30, 2017 4:53 AM

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 30, 2017 5:32 AM

Undercover Angel, if you have never seen it, run, don't walk, well stream it, you cannot imagine...!

by Anonymousreply 56March 30, 2017 5:44 AM

Oh, gosh, yes, 'Gargoyles!' Kept me up at night with the creepies.

And, of course, 'The Apple,' which is a Canadian 'Can't Stop the Music' meets 'Logan's Run' meets 'The Sin of Adam and Eve' meets MTV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 30, 2017 5:58 AM

R40, Have you seen the original with Robert Wagner and Joanne Woodward? The best thing about the remake was Matt Dillon's bare ass shot.

by Anonymousreply 58March 30, 2017 1:13 PM

R15

Turner was a lousy actress. I found it funny that the movie was made in '64, released in '65 and yet all of Turner's clothes look very early 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 59March 30, 2017 1:23 PM

R58

Woodward was only in the first 10, 15 minutes; then you had to deal with that Virginia Leith with that god awful monotone of an alleged cultured enunciation as the sister trying to solve Woodward's 'suicide'.

Leith however is in one of my favorite bad films, THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE in which she plays 'Jan in the pan'. Think I'm kidding ? That's actually her credited tole !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 30, 2017 1:28 PM

"Nell" - the movie Jodie Foster thought was gonna get her another Oscar.

"Tay in-uh weeeeen!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 30, 2017 1:35 PM

At Long Last Love

by Anonymousreply 62March 30, 2017 1:35 PM

Anatomy of a Love Seen - made in 2014-piss poor plot performed by two lesbians who to this day no one has ever seen or heard from since. Thinly based on The L Word

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 30, 2017 1:36 PM

R61

" ana tay onatay .....tay...fiafey........ "

" fi fi fe fo fi fe fe ........... " or is that Maxine Waters' private number ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 30, 2017 1:43 PM

THEY SAVED HITLER'S BRAIN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 30, 2017 1:46 PM

R64 "Ish Mae..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 30, 2017 1:49 PM

No-one can top this so y'all might as well pack it up now.

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S LAST RESORT (1994, dir. Zielinski) starring Corey Haim & Corey Feldman. What must be the greatest failure of experimental lowbrow comedy in existence....and it's a good time. It's a 4th-wall breaker and leans heavily on in-jokes between the Coreys and about their oeuvre, and that's about all that will help with understanding the madness. It is a dumb, cheap and trashy film that bombed deservedly, but it's charming to me. At the least, it's a plus that Haim is very attractive in it and it's pretty cool how Dread Zeppelin show up to play some original tunes.

That said, to watch it you need to switch off your rational mind. Somehow I have seen and enjoyed this movie around four times on cable and yet I still cannot explain the plot to anyone or even remember It clearly. I watched the trailer back 5 minutes ago as a refresher, and it doesn't help.

Honorary mentions to two other Corey classics: wacky caper comedy DREAM A LITTLE DREAM II from 1995 (yes, Dream had a sequel), and the 'erotic' (seriously) thriller BLOWN AWAY from 1994. Yikes to all three movies but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a great time watching them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 30, 2017 3:51 PM

Forgot to mention the Corey Feldman solo vehicle ROCK N'ROLL HIGH SCHOOL FOREVER (1991, dir. Brock), sequel to that Ramones movie from the 70s. To save you time, the best scenes are those featuring school 'freak' Tabitha, the torturing of the Preppies, and the Mojo Nixon dream sequence.

Words fail me on trying to describe this one in more detail, so I'll let the podcast WeHateMovies (and Mojo Nixon with a 'Roger Corman, high as fuck' story) run it down for ya.

[quote] "Everybody loses in this movie." "Yup, just like high school." "Nobody is asked to change, nobody has to question themselves. The main characters just fuck with people. They don't even meet the main goal they had for this movie, as main characters."

[quote] "This whole thing is held together by hope. ARMY OF DARKNESS looks like it cost $50 million dollars, compared. And why have a sequel to a cult flop in the first place? This is like having a sequel to MEET THE FEEBLES."

[quote] "This movie is all just silly vignettes, "oh man, that's gross", then no follow up. Every setup gets discarded by the movie itself, or disregarded by the protagonist (Feldman). It's constantly stuck in Act I, it's the Groundhog Day of screenwriting."

[quote] "Your movie is probably dogshit if Clint Howard refuses to reprise a role."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 30, 2017 4:14 PM

I'll second "Berserk", third "Theater of Blood" and add "Dead Ringer."

by Anonymousreply 69March 30, 2017 4:17 PM

Pan 9 from outer space....Hilariously bad....

by Anonymousreply 70March 30, 2017 4:18 PM

THE BIG CUBE, one of Lana "Stomach" Turner's last performances.

I think she died of shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 30, 2017 4:55 PM

Karate Kid III. It seems like it was written while jacked.

Who ever would have thought we'd see 30-year-old Daniel-san finally give up on girls and give in to the seductions of an older man? K3 is worth repeat watches if only for that man Terry Silver, a minor God of 80s sleaze & richesse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 30, 2017 5:20 PM

R57 - beat me to it "The Apple" - horrid. The lead actor.. George ? was the only positive thing about this turd.

Jaws 3D - a psychic, stalker shark...okay.. smh.

Godzilla - Kinda gets a break from me. But the production values were literally threadbare.

by Anonymousreply 73March 30, 2017 5:31 PM

R71 that looks incredible ."There's nothing wrong with me--!" *montage*....I love 70s narcotic movies so I will definitely be watching in full.

My favorite of that genre is GO ASK ALICE (1973). Jamie Smith-Jackson does dope-panic superbly, and her weepy monologues about her addiction troubles are a thing of beauty.

[quote] "You're looking for Magic!" "I'm looking for HELP!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 30, 2017 5:31 PM

X-MEN 3: THE LAST STAND, and only for nostalgia reasons and because I had a cute crush on Aaron Stanford (and the hots for James Marsden) when I was a teen and saw it in theaters.

If it's ever on TV now I'll still stop what I'm doing and watch for a while, despite knowing what garbage it is compared to X2, FIRST CLASS, and now LOGAN.

My sister has a fondness for the god-awful WOLVERINE: ORIGINS, acknowledging that it's trash and that LOGAN was better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 31, 2017 2:23 PM

Superman III- I love it, love it, love it

From the slapstick Three's Company style opening credits with a "dumb blonde" to it being an 80s Richard Pryor comedy as well as a superhero film. There's even prison rape jokes and cocaine jokes! And when Superman turns evil thanks to Pryor's bad Kryptonite, he becomes an unshaven, creepy, pervy bastard especially towards Lana Lang and of course the Bea Arthur like Vera Webster, played by Jazz legend Annie Ross who has some great bitchy and catty dialogue with Pamela Stephenson as the not so dumb blind bombshell Lorelei Ambrosia who even gets to fuck "evil Superman", being taken in by the Ultimate Computer and transformed into an evil cyber robot! That scene scared the hell out of me as a kid

It's so 80s, so bizarre, so lighthearted (compared to all the "dark" superhero movie bullshit of today), so campy, so "were not taking Superman seriously, this is a fun tongue in cheek superhero/comedy".

That's why it works for me

by Anonymousreply 76March 31, 2017 3:46 PM

SHANGHAI SURPRISE

by Anonymousreply 77March 31, 2017 4:03 PM

Eyes of Laura Mars - Faye Dunaway is dreadful as a Manhattan fashion photographer who, for no discernible reason, starts seeing a serial killer murdering people through her own eyes.

Great 1970s fashion and a horrible theme song by none other than Barbra Streisand!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 31, 2017 4:36 PM

R78 and Eyes of Laura Mars was written by John Carpenter, the same year Carpenter wrote, produced and directed Halloween and he married Maude co star Adrienne Barbeu

by Anonymousreply 79March 31, 2017 4:46 PM

R79 And Eyes of Laura Mars was produced by Jon Peters, who wanted his girlfriend Barbra Streisand to star in it. But Babs thought the subject matter was too grisly, so she opted to just sing the theme song instead.

by Anonymousreply 80March 31, 2017 6:01 PM

'Backstreet' with Susan Hayward is pretty nasty. But it does have the best 'pedal to the metal' scene ever put on the silver screen. Last night, I watch a few minutes of 'Earth Girls are Easy' and I had get some fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 81March 31, 2017 6:11 PM

And for your listening pleasure, the "love theme" from "Eyes of Laura Mars," "Prisoner," by Barbra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 31, 2017 8:07 PM

"Inside Daisy Clover" is pretty bad. Actually, it's so bad that it's kind of good -- but still bad. Both Natalie Wood and Robert Redford needed tighter direction. Ruth Gordon is a hoot though, as always.

by Anonymousreply 83March 31, 2017 8:20 PM

Any of those lame, tame gay romantic Japanese dramas (the genre is 'BL' or 'Boisu-Rabu') you care to name are awful, but can turn a frown upside down.

2008's tender, cute-sy student rom-com 'Ai No Kotodama' (eng. 'Words of Devotion') is the movie equivalent of comfort food or a warm blanket. It's like a boring fan-fiction written by a 12 year-old girl come to life (it's based on a RL manga, for those who care) . Nothing surprising happens, everyone is nice & pretty, every tense moment or conflict is an easily-resolved misunderstanding and every meaningful beat is overscored by a syrupy piano ballad. This movie and most of its ilk are badly-written, predictable and look/sound offensively cheap, but dammit, there's that heart & sincerity. Other BL-commendations are 'Itsuka No Kimi E' (if twin-fantasies and psychodramas are your thing) and 'Sukitomo' (if like boxers, and you don't mind in cestuous overtones).

'Ai No Kotodama' is so bad but you have to like it, as you'd like a chirpy sexless friend you patronised in high school because she's cute & sweet and just wants everyone to get along. The only interesting thing about it is the unsurprising but still somewhat sad revelation that young gay Japanese couples are still comfortably not accepted by their society, and often acquiesce to the closet as a necessary sacrifice to keep the peace and keep their jobs and families (it's implied that the couple in the movie would struggle to get a lease or get hired if they were more openly gay).

It's funny how Japan can produce some of the most shocking and interesting cinema in the world when they feel like it (pick up anything by Takashi Miike)....and then there's all the BL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 1, 2017 12:52 AM

Speaking of Japanese film and of Miike, my favourite one of his is the critically-reviled Yakuza-vampire flick (yes, really) 'Moon Child', from 2003.

It doesn't even feel right to call it a 'bad movie' - it isn't, exactly, just overwrought and unsure of itself. It was written as a vehicle for two pop/rock stars (Gackt & HYDE) to break into acting so it was never going to win awards, anyway. In spite of itself it's very beautiful to look at, richly imagined, and poignant if one can look past the meandering plot, over-ambitious premise and bad FX. Most fans of Asian cinema never acknowledge it as part of Miike's body of work and it is sadly considered an embarrassing failure. The imprint who released it also release skinflicks, so there's that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 1, 2017 1:10 AM

I should have included a clip.

I cannot explain why I loved this movie so much. It's just a bunch of insanity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 1, 2017 1:14 AM

VOTD

by Anonymousreply 87April 1, 2017 1:18 AM

SPEEDWAY JUNKY (1999) is an adorable little curio, an also-ran fever-dream confection of a sexually-confused raver. It's the trashy & vapid little sib of MOPI, and beguiling for it.

The rawness in the final 3rd is a shock to the system, and the audacity and stagey camp of JTT playing his schmarmy Prince of Hustlers is almost unbelievable.

The highlights are Jordan Brower, Daryl Hannah, and the unrequited love angle. Everything else in it is loopy, dopey E-numbers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 1, 2017 7:31 PM

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Mysterious Monsters

by Anonymousreply 89April 1, 2017 8:24 PM

"Hard Ticket to Hawaii," a horrific 1987 "boob" movie that for some unexplained reason just aired a few weeks ago on TCM. The plot involved two jug-jiggling DEA agents who relax in the hot tub a lot before taking on the bad guys. And one of the bad guys is a drag queen who works behind the bar of a fancy restaurant in Hawaii. It must be seen to be believed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 4, 2017 1:30 PM

Malibu's Most Wanted. Jamie Kennedy was surprisingly fuckable. Also Scary Movie 3.

by Anonymousreply 91April 4, 2017 1:36 PM

I also like Blood Feasts. It's a screamer of a horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 92April 4, 2017 1:38 PM

The Magus. But Renata Adler in the NYT liked it also. I think that's one reason she didn't last very long.

by Anonymousreply 93April 4, 2017 1:49 PM

The 1988 remake of THE BLOB...it was a cheerful cheesy B movie that didn't even try to be anything else. And I liked it. Especially Shawnee Smith and her overacting.

by Anonymousreply 94April 4, 2017 2:11 PM

Malibu Express - the blonde bombshell lead was a guy. He was 1984's version of fine as fuck. The hotdog dick prank by the brunette bombshell guy was hilarious.

The Wild Life - when I first laid eyes on super hot Hart Bochner. Omg. I don't think my jaw ever left the floor every time he was onscreen.

Hollywood Knights - was a bad movie. I was about 16, and laughed my stoned ass off. An early cable classic.

by Anonymousreply 95April 4, 2017 2:12 PM

Magic Mike. Funniest movie I've ever seen. McConnaughy is pure gold.

by Anonymousreply 96April 4, 2017 2:12 PM

A Chorus Line (1985), maybe because I first watched it at an age (9) when I didn't yet know it was bad, and had no knowledge of the source material.

by Anonymousreply 97April 4, 2017 2:15 PM

The late comedian Richard Jenny has a hilarious bit about jaws 3. Its on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 98April 4, 2017 3:06 PM

Dangerous Beauty, Flashdance

by Anonymousreply 99April 4, 2017 3:08 PM

Grease 2

by Anonymousreply 100April 4, 2017 3:21 PM

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park

by Anonymousreply 101April 4, 2017 4:27 PM

"Lambada" (1990). It is, absolutely, the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life and I love every magnificent, campy moment of it. J. Eddie Peck is gorgeous and really tries to make it work but is trapped in one of the dumbest pieces of character development I've ever witnessed onscreen.

I think it's tremendous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 4, 2017 4:44 PM

More "Lambada". Oh God, I love it so much. It's such a hot disaster:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 4, 2017 4:47 PM

If only we could all come together over "Lambada". Our country would be healed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 4, 2017 5:00 PM

The Gay Deceivers

by Anonymousreply 105April 4, 2017 5:15 PM

Over 100 posts and no votes yet for Torch Song. Makes berserk look like Citizen Kane. It has everything--Joan does her big dance number in black face--or beige face , really-- and Michael Wilding as the blind musician with a cane. Bette must have loved it

by Anonymousreply 106April 4, 2017 5:36 PM

R98 I've been sad about Rich Jeni for what feels like a thousand years.

He's sorely missed, they don't make stand-up like that anymore. The 'Jaws' bit never gets old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 4, 2017 6:06 PM

R94 I'm the only gay in the world who had a crush on Jamison Newlander as a kid. He was cute in The Blob.

by Anonymousreply 108April 4, 2017 6:11 PM

Richard Jeni's bit was about "Jaws: The Revenge," the fourth and final Jaws movie, not Jaws 3-D.

by Anonymousreply 109April 4, 2017 6:40 PM

R105

My wig and I are fab in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 4, 2017 6:49 PM

I'd have to present ATLANTIS THE LOST CONTINENT (1961)

Loved it when it first came out. I was 12. The older I got the worse it seemed. MGM picture that used all kinds of sets and props from previous MGM pictures, including FORBIDDEN PLANET, KISMET, and QUO VADIS, including that big green pagan idol from THE PRODIGAL. Not to mention being so cheap as to use added mattes to recognizable footage from QUO VADIS.

The script and acting are just awful, with one of the only known actors a queeny Jon Dall, playing evil, conniving courtier Zaren, who's constructing a giant crystal death ray.

However, it does have one of my favorite lines from cinema. Greek fisherman Anthony Hall rescues Atlantean princess Joyce Taylor from a shipwreck. She later awakens in the bedroom of his hovel, dressed in what appears to be a burlap bag. So she demands of him, "Where is my robe? This cloth offends my skin!"

Precious...

by Anonymousreply 111April 4, 2017 7:13 PM

Late comedian Patrice O'Neal explains the joy of any given Steven Seagal movie.

[quote] O'NEAL: He never. Gets. Hit.

UNDER SIEGE II: DARK TERRITORY (1995) where Seagal clings po-faced to the side of a train, gun-in-hand, as it races toward destruction. It's so insane and high-octane but with this clunky 80s Narm-charm that makes it watchable and not assaulting like action movies are today.

No-one seems to like Seagal's 00s releases and they're critically panned as the worst of the canon, but EXIT WOUNDS (2001) and BELLY OF THE BEAST (2003) are a thrilling watch imo. Not favorites, but still good enough to while away an otherwise-boring night-in with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 4, 2017 7:13 PM

For bizarre Wonderland adaptations the British experimental film ALICJA or 'Alice' (1982, dir. Bromski/Gruza) is up there, more disconcerting in it's clinical way than that soft-core 'X-Rated Musicale Fantasy' from 1976.

ALICJA is a true-crime film pretending to be a romantic musical. The characters are all adult people in our dreary world, no anthropomorphic creatures or wide-eyed kids here. The main-plot is supposed to be how most of the characters are 'in love' with Alice and unconditionally so to the point it drives them to dark deeds, but this is hard to believe as she's so self-absorbed and gloomy. The action takes place in a factory, a drizzly park or a cheap hotel for the most part and it's raining all the time - not very high-fantasy. There's 'groovy' interstitial numbers (Lulu did a song for it I believe?) and puns going on throughout even though the plot features hitmen and suicide. ALICJA wants to be edgy and 'hip' but even by 70s standards it's just a massive fail.

ALICJA was shot and in-the-can by '79 but was shelved until '82 because no-one knew what to do with it. It's hard-to-watch, from the spinning camera to the dark palette and botched overdub...but everyone's so eloquent and glamorous! (factory girls in a full makeup? reading literature and playing chess in their spare time?) It's grimly fascinating, like a 2hr Stevie Nicks video. 70s working-class Britain looked and sounded nothing like this but a couple of Polish directors thought strongly enough otherwise to make a musical about it.

The jangle-pop opening card sequence is hysterical as it's so tonally inappropriate for what follows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 4, 2017 8:27 PM

Subway Riders 1981 by Amos Poe. Has an incredible shooting up scene with Susan Tyrrell at 1:03:29

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 4, 2017 8:27 PM

Stayin Alive. I really wish that there could just be one live performance of the shitastic production that they put on at the end. Hell's something?

by Anonymousreply 115April 4, 2017 8:50 PM

I agree, R76. I watch SUPERMAN 3 at least once a year. It's a very witty movie, but since its not an epic adventure like the first two(which I also love), it's ignored by the general public, even though it did make money when released.

by Anonymousreply 116April 4, 2017 9:32 PM

What's more horrifying than murder by popcorn?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 4, 2017 10:25 PM

always a toss up between "Desert Fury" and "Johnny Guitar"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 4, 2017 10:45 PM

Bravo, r111. Atlantis was on TCM recently and I saved it. I had a horrible experience when I saw it the first time at age 16. Wonderfully gruesome!

by Anonymousreply 119April 5, 2017 5:16 PM

"Queen of Outer Space" with Zsa Zsa. She is hilariously bad and decades older than many of her co-stars.

by Anonymousreply 120April 5, 2017 5:24 PM

Oh r111, thanks for mentioning THE PRODIGAL!!! It has one of my favorite scenes when Lana Turner tries to calm down the crowds, and they stone her and she falls into the fire!!! Gives me the giggles every time I see it.

by Anonymousreply 121April 5, 2017 5:35 PM

"Bad Kids Go To Hell" Cameron Dean Stewart is so hot in it!

"House of Wax"(2005)- Chad Michael Murray, Jared Padeleki, even Paris Hilton. Not really a Padeleki fan, but love seeing him as a big dumb naked jock strapped into a machine and sprayed with wax to turn him into a wax figure while he whimpers pitifully and helplessly.

by Anonymousreply 122April 5, 2017 5:48 PM

Jaws: The Revenge

The movie that convinced me that Michael Caine is a complete hack who will do anything for money.

by Anonymousreply 123April 5, 2017 6:01 PM

R123 Caine has admitted to as much in several interviews. He says he likes buying nice things for him and his wife, so that's why all the shitty films.

by Anonymousreply 124April 5, 2017 6:29 PM

Right now a strong candidate is "The Phynx" (1970)

Good tunes, lousy acting, sad excuse of a screenplay, cameos of "world citizens" (Col. Harland Sanders, Ruby Keeler, Leo Gorcey, Dorothy Lamour, Johnny Weissmuller, Richard Pryor, Trini Lopez, Patsy Kelly). Gorgeous color though.

The film is about a rock and roll band named The Phynx and their mission in foreign affairs. The group is sent to the country of Albania to locate celebrity hostages taken prisoner by Communists.

by Anonymousreply 125April 5, 2017 6:30 PM

Weekend at Bernie's.

by Anonymousreply 126April 5, 2017 6:40 PM

r170, I loved the Phynx only because of the cameos. I love the way they were presented, being announced . The only reason reason for the movie was the cameos.

by Anonymousreply 127April 5, 2017 9:34 PM

r127 quite right. I don't know how I missed Guy Lombardo and Sally Struthers (and who was Fritz Feld?), but seeing James Brown, Butterfly McQueen, Busby Berkeley and George Jessel all in the same film was a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 128April 5, 2017 9:38 PM

I agree with so many films listed already! Thanks for all the ones I've never seen - I'll look for them.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space is really bad - acting, script, etc just lame. But it's one of those so bad it's hilarious movies. It's a cult classic.

For a comprehensive source of reliably bad movies I think there's nothing better than Mystery Science Theater 3000. I've linked a great MST3K site where you can watch all the original films and/or the MST3K version where the show riffs on the awfulness of the movie being viewed. It's great writing, good gags, and really dedicated to honouring the lame and cheesy spirit of bad movies. They include many short films which are actually some of my favourites. A Date With Your Family is one of the best!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 5, 2017 10:36 PM

Sci-fi horror BRAINSCAN. Can't help but love for how tragic-looking & desperate the production is. It's probably the best B-movie going that depicts 90s heavy-metal/Fangoria culture.

There's cheesy gore abounding here but honestly the most disgusting part is watching Eddie Furlong chug milk; it's going all over his face, all over his Aerosmith t-shirt...then he starts getting the murder-sweats, revolting. Shrill & sloppy as his performance is you can fully believe Eddie's character would have zero empathy for others, he's more of a creepster than the main villain.

T. Ryder Smith steals the entire reel as the campy delight, 'Trickster'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 7, 2017 2:15 PM

The Creeping Terror.

The 'monster' is five guys under and old rug. It doesn't so much insult your intelligence as jump it in a dark alley, fuck it in the ass, and piss on it for good measure.

[quote] There are some movies that insult your intelligence, that present you with inane dialogue, bad direction, non-existent plots, and sloppy acting. Some movies contain one or more of these factors...some contain all of them in varying degrees. But in The Creeping Terror, each factor is included and ramped up to a Spinal Tap 11. The Creeping Terror is the worst movie I have ever seen. It takes badness to a level I had previously thought unattainable. Motion pictures of this anti-calibre (Manos: The Hands Of Fate is another example, and even THAT is better than this ultra-turkey) are so mind-bendingly awful they achieve a kind of transcendent brilliance that is impossible to describe in words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 7, 2017 2:24 PM

"Dolomite" and the better somewhat sequel "The Human Tornado" are a couple of my favorite bad movies. Terrible acting, bad dialogue, fake stunts, boom mics and sound men on screen (at least in Dolomite), many scenes where it's just, wtf were they thinking.

by Anonymousreply 132April 7, 2017 5:59 PM

ONLY YOU (1992). Marketed as a sexy, funny romp but is more like a milquetoast episode of a chirpy daytime soap-opera.

Helen Hunt/Andrew McCarthy, clearly a winning combo for romantic lead couple. Kelly Preston was honestly great as the ditz in it, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 10, 2017 9:58 PM

Casino Royale (1967), Desperately Seeking Susan, Car Wash (1976)

by Anonymousreply 134April 10, 2017 11:05 PM

TL; DS St. Elmo's Fire is my favorite bad movie of all time. Booga-booga-booga. Ah-ah-ah!

by Anonymousreply 135April 11, 2017 12:46 AM

CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK.

Right down to Judi Dench as a gassy-sprite witch and the art deco underverse decor.

by Anonymousreply 136April 11, 2017 1:03 AM

Nothing will ever top 'Valley of the Dolls' for me

by Anonymousreply 137April 11, 2017 1:06 AM

The Baby (1973). It must be seen to be believed. In fact, you can see it right here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 11, 2017 1:22 AM

Another vote for Dolemite!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 11, 2017 1:51 AM

R134 You get my vote - Car Wash was a great bad movie! Lots of inside jokes and Richard Pryor with Pointer Sisters chorus in a time that didn't age well. The Native American (Cherokee?) actor, Henry Kinghi, a truly badass stuntman in real life, was married to Lindsay Wagner. There are too many other good cameos to name right now.

by Anonymousreply 140April 11, 2017 2:05 AM

DR. MORDRID (1992), or really any Charles Band release under the Full Moon imprint (for B-horrors - any lurking Lesbians may know Band better for his softcore girl/girl movies on the Surrender subsidiary of his company). It's hard to pick just one Band horror, they're all fucking nuts.

MORDRID wins by a hair for the baby Alex Band cameo. He features for 30 seconds as the gayest little kid in the world, it's so cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 14, 2017 7:37 PM

St. Elmo's Fire

by Anonymousreply 142April 14, 2017 7:48 PM

Xanadu for the win.

by Anonymousreply 143April 14, 2017 7:58 PM

Mark of the Devil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 14, 2017 8:06 PM

Salome's Last Dance (Ken Russell directing). Low ratings, but I loved it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 14, 2017 8:16 PM

YOUNG GUNS II. It's popcorn, tongue-in-cheek innuendo for the most part, and brighter and funnier than the first serious outing.

James Coburn's performance aside, it is nothing more than an audio-visual cookout of quips, bullets, slaps and chaps. The pace is choppy and there's way too many characters to the point it feels like a series pilot more than a movie sequel, and the hacky voiceover device is just so cheesy. Coburn, all the camp, Bon Jovi's MTV-esque soundtrack and the fine young things playing the main cast are really what save this.

POI: Lou Diamond Philips and Christian Slater wrestling homoerotically and in very tight pants, a young-ish Viggo Mortensen in his last villainous Western role, Balthazar Getty losing his V-card to a whore and delicious belle Jenny Wright riding buck-naked out of Dodge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 14, 2017 8:24 PM

Brian De Palma's "Body Double" --- I'm the only one I know of who has always enjoyed this film, and it got fairly high ratings too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 14, 2017 11:26 PM

I love Body Double r147. I'll watch that anytime it comes on.

by Anonymousreply 148April 14, 2017 11:34 PM

Flesh Gordon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 14, 2017 11:54 PM

[italic]Happy, Texas.[/italic] While it's a light little throw-away movie, it's lots of fun to see Jeremy Northam and Steve Zahn as a couple of escaped cons who wind up in the town of Happy, Texas, where they're mistaken for being gay and soon get involved with running a child beauty contest.

by Anonymousreply 150April 15, 2017 2:18 AM

R149, does a full version of 'Flesh Gordon' still exist? I read it had been edited so many times there weren't any complete copies left.

by Anonymousreply 151April 15, 2017 4:28 PM

No votes for the original Road House with a super buff Patrick Swayze? It was more stupid than bad. "Pain don't hurt" is one of the philosophical high points of this flick. Ben Gazzara's character should have been named Snidely Whiplash, he was such a cartoon villain. When I watch this movie, I marvel at the fact that it was even made at all.

by Anonymousreply 152April 15, 2017 6:49 PM

R152

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 15, 2017 6:53 PM

R151 I've seen it online, it didn't seem edited.

by Anonymousreply 154April 15, 2017 6:56 PM

Under The Brooklyn Bridge with Elliot Gould (as Albie) and Margot Hemingway...one of the worst pieces of badly acted crap ever. I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 155April 15, 2017 6:56 PM

sorry, its Over the Brooklyn Bridge but either way, it's awful

by Anonymousreply 156April 15, 2017 6:58 PM

I like this one. It's so bad it boggles the mind how it got made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 15, 2017 7:00 PM

So Evil, So Young...UK crap about a women's prison. Jill Ireland's film debut. She survived it I guess.

by Anonymousreply 158April 15, 2017 7:01 PM

[quote]Happy, Texas. While it's a light little throw-away movie, it's lots of fun to see Jeremy Northam and Steve Zahn as a couple of escaped cons who wind up in the town of Happy, Texas, where they're mistaken for being gay and soon get involved with running a child beauty contest.

I actually think it is a cute movie.

One of my favorite bad movies in Bacall, Stapleton, and Garner in "The Fan".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 15, 2017 11:44 PM

I can't believe it took til r143 to mention "Xanadu". Killed Michael Beck's career, and I was always amazed the Tubes agreed to participate. Their number that merges 40's music with "heavy" rock is shitastic personified.

The end number with Liv and all the muses is fabulous and embarrassing in equal parts.

When it's on, I never miss​ it!

by Anonymousreply 160April 16, 2017 1:11 AM

Bless The Child.

by Anonymousreply 161April 16, 2017 1:16 AM

R160, it is quite chaotic and I know I've spotted some Solid Gold dancers in there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 16, 2017 1:29 AM

R162 yes! The black one, Darcyanne, or something like that. I remember her because when I was a young one my best friend was always making comments about her ass and I pretended to give a shit.

Signs I was gay, part 1, though I had no idea at the time

by Anonymousreply 163April 16, 2017 1:34 AM

Berserk. The portrayal of Monica Rivers by Joan Crawford is unforgettable.

by Anonymousreply 164April 16, 2017 1:37 AM

[italic]The Brazen Women of Balzac,[/italic] a softcore porn comedy from the late '60s. Sort of Benny Hill meets Emmanuelle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 19, 2017 5:12 AM

The House Bunny

Shelley: The eyes are the nipples of the face.

Shelley: Manhole. I like that word. Manhole.

Shelley: My heart is pounding like a nail!

Shelley: Instead of the Mahi-Mahi, can I get just the one Mahi, because I'm not that hungry?

Mrs. Hagstrom: [about the college] This is not a brothel. Shelley: Oh, I'm not looking to make soup.

Shelley: I don't think he likes me. He didn't fall for any of my tricks. Natalie: That's impossible. Your tricks always work. Shelley: I did sexy. I did other guys want me. I worked every angle in the book but, I don't know, he just stared. Natalie: What if Oliver is one of those guys who wants to have, like, a conversation with a girl before he hooks up with her. Shelley: He's gay?

by Anonymousreply 166April 19, 2017 5:31 AM

Rita Alexander in a film directed by Dale Berry, the undisputed king of bad film

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 19, 2017 5:35 AM

And 'The Lair of the White Worm' with Hugh Grant, Catherine Oxenberg, Sammi Davis, Peter Capaldi and the amazing Amanda Donahue as the blood-sucking, dildo wielding, snake-worshiping Lady Sylvia Marsh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 19, 2017 5:35 AM

Anything staring Elvira...I love her.

by Anonymousreply 169April 19, 2017 6:22 AM

MEN AT WORK (1990).

You get both Estevez/Sheen brothers when they were at their cutest and hadn't become lame or creepy yet. The comedy is pure schlock and the pacing is awful, but the in-jokes between the brothers more than make up for it. Me and my sibs give each other the 'Golf Clap' to this day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 20, 2017 6:27 PM

Red Scorpion has one very camp (homoerotic) scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 20, 2017 9:37 PM

surely someone has noted "ishtar" and "heaven's gate"

by Anonymousreply 172April 20, 2017 10:01 PM

Dramatic School, starring DL fave Luise "Viennese Teardrop" Rainer. Hard to find, but campy and hillarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 20, 2017 10:08 PM

now that russia is our bff, can we still count "red dawn"? do the trolls still jerk off to it?

by Anonymousreply 174April 20, 2017 10:12 PM

Midnight In The Garden is kind of bad but not because of the actors...it was because of Eastwood. But I still love the film.

by Anonymousreply 175April 20, 2017 10:17 PM

I really love Death Becomes Her and never thought it was a bad film.

by Anonymousreply 176April 20, 2017 10:19 PM

Anaconda with Jennifer Lopez, before surgical enhancements.

R54, Desperately Seeking Susan may have been all the things you wrote but it was still a crap movie for many who tried to watch it and confirms that Madonna is not an actor.

by Anonymousreply 177April 20, 2017 10:38 PM

"Gods of Egypt" is a relatively recent one. It's supremely stupid, but in a campy, over-the-top way that I found hard to resist.

by Anonymousreply 178April 20, 2017 11:05 PM

I agree that 'Theatre of Blood' is a wonderful movie,. And for Vincent Price fans (who isn't), there's 'The Abominable Dr Phibes' with Price and Joseph Cotten, and 'Dr Phibes Rises Again'. Wonderful casts, costumes and sets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 21, 2017 12:12 AM

R174 alls I know is that Josh Peck got really fine all of a sudden in that 2014 remake they did of RED DAWN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 21, 2017 1:19 AM

R177 sorry don't try to rewrite history hater. DSS was a big hit in 1985 and Madonna was being touted as the next big Hollywood comedy actress, her performance earned UNIVERSAL raves from the critics, she even signed on for the role that Bette Midler wound up playing opposite Danny Devito in Ruthless People, she dropped out to make that horrible flop Shanghai Surprise, her and Sean Penn were both DREADFUL in that movie

Of course, the reason why Madonna was good in DSS is because she was basically playing herself, no acting required.

by Anonymousreply 181April 21, 2017 1:55 AM

Shanghai Surprise was also widely known as Shit Surprise, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 182April 21, 2017 2:30 AM

Fletch

Nuns on the Run

by Anonymousreply 183April 22, 2017 2:31 PM

Any Pauly Shore movie, with ENCINO MAN at the top.

by Anonymousreply 184April 22, 2017 8:43 PM

Center Stage

Wildcats

My Tutor

by Anonymousreply 185April 22, 2017 9:11 PM

Every movie that Adam Sandler ever made. Yes I know that a few good ones are in there but it was because he was trying to change his image or get an Oscar or something. And I hate everything that he makes in the future.

by Anonymousreply 186April 22, 2017 11:11 PM

The only movie Sandler is tolerable in is AIRHEADS (1994), where he can shtick in the background and it doesn't drag the comedy down.

AIRHEADS is actually a stellar choice for this thread. Skinny punk Buscemi is pure Datalounge. "Quit neckin' on me, you FEMMES."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 23, 2017 9:16 PM

Nearly 200 replies and no-one said GLITTER yet. I don't believe there isn't a one of you Queens that doesn't own this on Blu-Ray and get it out after every breakup for a singalong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 24, 2017 11:30 AM

I have many, offhand, "The Lair of the White Worm", a wacky Ken Russell film involving a skull and a huge dragon-worm, starring Hugh Grant, Amanda Donohoe, Peter Capaldi and Catherine Oxenberg!

1970s film, "Equinox", which many swear was the inspiration for "The Evil Dead" films. Stars Frank Bonner from "WRRP in Cincinnati" and Ed Begley Jr. is listed as an assistant cameraman! There are too many coincidences for this film not to be an inspiration for the "Evil Dead".

by Anonymousreply 189April 24, 2017 12:26 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS, DRAKE & JOSH plays in my apartment every holiday since my niece forgot the DVD at my place.

It must be the gayest TV movie I have ever see (D&J must have had sex in real life) and it is a riot, but it is bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 26, 2017 2:26 PM

My latest favorite is "Queen Bee" starring Miss Joan Crawford and which TCM has had on demand recently. I'd read about it in "Bad Movies We Love" years ago, but had not seen it. It lives up to its reputation. Joan Crawford giving a performance as a bad female impersonator doing his worst, most elocutionary Joan Crawford imitation--and thinking he can still do "sexy" even though perimenopausal and unable to do anything about the eyebrows. Lucy Marlow the most insipid, moon-faced ingenue ever to grace the screens. Betsy Palmer, usually perfectly fine, giving a performance worthy of the New Rochelle PTA's production of "Auntie Mame" with Palmer as Sally Cato. Fay Wray, clearly more frightened of Joan than of King Kong (as well she should be). John Ireland scowling because he probably had to service Joan with his legendarily big cock. Barry Sullivan playing an alky Heathcliff and none too convincingly. Two bratty kids, one of whom was Tim Hovey, who committed suicide as an adult (the PTSD of having Joan as his mom in the film probably was too much to bear). Delirious fun. Can't wait to read the novel it's based on.

by Anonymousreply 191April 26, 2017 3:32 PM

r177 is just a professional Madonna Hater.

by Anonymousreply 192May 5, 2017 6:25 AM

The Big Chill.

Gawd, what a narcissistic pile of crap. I had to listen to one late-60s type after another prattle on about how groundbreaking it was, and that I was just too young to remember the period blahblahblah. Well, as David Crosby famously said, "If you remember the 60s, then you weren't there". I may have been a kid, but I recall that decade rather well, and it was in many ways a horrible period-how anyone could be nostalgic for it is beyond me. I guess it was great if you were a privileged kid drugging and fucking your way through college on deferment.

Besides which, it was a rip-off of a far better film (lookitup)

by Anonymousreply 193May 5, 2017 7:24 AM

Sure, it's your niece's copy, r190.

by Anonymousreply 194May 7, 2017 2:18 AM

R193 God, I agree. I grew up in the 1960s, and this movie was STILL insufferable! Upper middle class assholes whining for 2 hours. I wanted to walk out of the theater. Yes, I saw it when it was first released and I paid money to see it. I'm that old.

by Anonymousreply 195May 7, 2017 2:33 AM

Eurotrip, which I really don't consider to be Bad but won't hold to DL's taste.

Middle School me got to see a beach full of dick, ass, nice tits (I enjoy a good set of tits), and the lead was boy next door cute.

And

Dude, Where's My Car? - Ashton Kutcher and Sean William Scott making out was unbelievably hot as a big American Pie and That 70's Show fan. I learned about my DVD player's repeat function and lost a lot og loads from that scene alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 7, 2017 4:16 AM

CAMP ROCK, that garbage Jonas Brothers/Demi Lovato vehicle from about 10 years ago.

It's tragically bad, vapid & pointless even by Disney Channel standards, but the Jonas' squabbles are funny enough to save it. Eldest brother Kevin is the highlight, deliberately queening it up for the camera on purpose and smug that his flamey anticking will be on a Disney feature for all eternity and his horrid fundie parents/brothers have to live with it.

Also noteworthy is the blonde chickie (believe her character name is Tess?) who bullies Demi's character and becomes her rival. She's a fabulous little bitch, and she trounces Ashley Tisdale's Sharpay for catty any day of the week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 7, 2017 9:09 PM

The Room;

Independence Day;

Steven Segal everything

by Anonymousreply 198May 7, 2017 9:19 PM

Recently I've fallen back in love with Ant & Dec's first & last foray into film acting, ALIEN AUTOPSY (2006).

It's simplistic & by-the-numbers so the quirky British charm & humour has to work overtime to save the film (and it does). The period details go a long way also and make the film a delightful artefact - just look at those brick phones!

AA is a bit of a gay treat, too; Ant & Dec's partners-in-crime downplay their usual shouty Centerparks camp theatrics and instead show each other a stripped-bare love & devotion throughout (seriously, its good acting). In a deleted scene Dec's character tells Ant's character that he can't do without him and follows this with a gently flirtatious rib of "are we supposed to have sex now?". Where a film like this would normally resort to laddiness, AA brings the gay banter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 2, 2017 12:06 AM

Clifford with Martin Short

by Anonymousreply 200June 2, 2017 12:10 AM

Held Up with Jamie Foxx

by Anonymousreply 201June 2, 2017 12:11 AM

My Boss's Daughter with Ashton Kutcher

by Anonymousreply 202June 2, 2017 12:12 AM

One of the trippiest bad movies ever from 1969. With a cast including Roddy McDowel , Lou Rawls and Jennifer Jones. You have to see it to believe it. I am surprised more people dont know about it. The soundtrack is actually pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 2, 2017 12:23 AM

Tarantula. With John "Mr. Shirley Temple" Agar, Mara "Mrs. Richard Long" Cordray, Leo G. "Man From UNCLE" Carroll, etc. Mad scientist causes his co-workers (and himself) to be horribly deformed while growing rabbits and spiders to spectacular sizes. Mayhem ensues.

by Anonymousreply 204June 2, 2017 1:05 AM

Faster Pussycat, Kill.Kill!

by Anonymousreply 205June 21, 2017 3:19 AM

Sextette, but only if I'm high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 21, 2017 3:20 AM

"Showgirls"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 21, 2017 3:27 AM

[quote][R177] is just a professional Madonna Hater.

No, he volunteers his time gladly for free.

by Anonymousreply 208June 21, 2017 3:32 AM

[quote] Clifford with Martin Short

Oh my god, I thought I was the only one who actually saw that movie in a theater when it was a new release. I think my Dad is still harboring a grudge about all the movies I made him take me to when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 209June 21, 2017 3:33 AM

Avatar. Oh and Slumber Part Massacre 2&3. Just awful but fun.

by Anonymousreply 210June 21, 2017 3:41 AM

R203, HOLLY NEAR? She was also a folk singer, a lesbian folk singer. "Near was probably the first out lesbian to be interviewed in People Magazine."

Jordan Christopher, the hot guy singing in the film, was married to one of Richard Burton's ex wives, Sybil. Sybil survives him, he died in 1996.

"Angel, Angel, Down We Go" reminded me of "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls", another camp classic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 21, 2017 4:05 AM

r203, I saw "Angel" in one of those tacky theaters on Market Street in San Francisco. I rememmber Jordan Christopher's ass.

by Anonymousreply 212June 21, 2017 3:33 PM

Jordan Christopher reminded me of Christopher Jones, the actor from another camp classic., "Wild in the Streets".

Chris was married to Susan Strasberg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 21, 2017 9:27 PM

I like Dr. Jekyl & Ms. Hyde (1995) for two reasons:

1. There's a scene where Tim Daly is handcuffed to the bed wearing only tighty-whities.

2. Tim shows his bare butt. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 214June 21, 2017 9:39 PM

The Horror of Party Beach is one ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 21, 2017 9:44 PM

... and Manos the Hands of Fate is the other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 21, 2017 9:45 PM

"Manos: Hands of Fate" might be the worst movie ever made. Even on MST3K, TV's Frank apologized to Joel and the bots for sending it to them.

by Anonymousreply 217June 22, 2017 4:08 PM

Reform School Girls - intentionally terrible trash but still hilarious.

Both mentioned above, but definitely:

Desert Fury, a truly and deeply bizarre 1940s technicolor film noir about a girl in love with a gangster... enraging his male lover

Queen of Outer Space, outrageously sexist space soap opera featuring desperate space women in cocktail dresses, plus a Gabor in a sparkly trick or treat mask! It will literally make you want to do drag.

by Anonymousreply 218June 23, 2017 4:17 AM

Just watched Disney Channel's 'The Suite Life Movie' (2011) recently. It's better than the tv show, and I'm not a Disney fan generally so that's high praise. It's a rib-nudging caper with a late-60s feel, a little bit Jetsons and a little bit Scooby in tone.

It's neither thrilling nor astonishing, but it is a fun little distraction if one wants to waste an hour or raise a smile. I found myself chuckling at the occasional injection of subtle adult humor (some of it a little darker/kinkier than expected), enjoying the silly sci-fi shenanigans and getting caught up in the rapid-fire banter between the leads. The Sprouse twins have excellent chemistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219August 28, 2017 12:40 AM

Not a classic, yet, like Showgirls or Valley of the Dolls, but in the same over the top craptastic train wreck of Gods of Egypt, a science fiction movie with gazillions in CGI, major acclaimed actors, major gay costumes, plenty of semi naked muscular men and a plot you can tell in ten minutes, ladies and gentlemen, I give you... Jupiter Ascending!

by Anonymousreply 220August 28, 2017 1:48 AM

I don't remember the name of the movie, but Channing Tatum's girlfriend had an accident that wiped out her memory. He spent the bulk of the movie trying to remind her of who he was and get her to fall back in love with him.

It was banal, cliched, repetitive. A big bore. And she was so bland I couldn't understand why he wanted her. But by the end of the movie I was hooked on him. Embarrassed but hooked.

by Anonymousreply 221August 28, 2017 4:19 AM

2004's Catwoman.

by Anonymousreply 222June 11, 2018 9:24 AM

National Lampoon's Class Reunion. (1982)

by Anonymousreply 223June 11, 2018 10:45 AM

I really enjoy the terrible Land of the Lost with Will Ferrell and Danny McBride. I love that they took a kids show from the 70s and turned it into what is essentially a stoner comedy. It's awful. I adore it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224June 11, 2018 3:08 PM

Also the the above movie, Matt Lauer is a villain. Foreshadowing!

by Anonymousreply 225June 11, 2018 3:09 PM

The Aykroyd/Belushi vehicle NEIGHBOURS (1981). Terrible, but in a compelling way.

The jokes aren’t technically funny and the premise is dull, but the irreverent chemistry makes it work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 12, 2018 2:34 PM

The Warriors. Terrible cheesy dialog, delivered in a stilted style. But I can never resist watching it when it's on.

by Anonymousreply 227June 12, 2018 2:52 PM

SHOOTFIGHTER and SHOOTFIGHTER II. Gory, grainy, and grasping fruitlessly for a plot.

William Zabka was sweaty and half-naked throughout both, so these faults hardly mattered. And in fairness, the first one did shoot for some interesting characterisation and had sweet fight choreo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228June 17, 2018 5:33 PM

Tommy Boy

Superstar

by Anonymousreply 229June 17, 2018 5:41 PM

The mother of them all, Mommie Dearest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 17, 2018 5:44 PM

Marines let’s go......HORRIBLE

by Anonymousreply 231August 21, 2018 4:32 PM

Mannequin.

by Anonymousreply 232August 21, 2018 4:34 PM

Watching Showgirls always cheers me up, but while we're on the subject of backstage musicals, I have a soft spot for 42nd Street. Yes, it's an acclaimed classic musical, but it's actually a pretty shitty film, in the best way. Ruby Keeler can't sing, can't act, and dances like a horse in high heels, but everyone spends the whole movie telling her how amazing she is. The scene where Ginger Rogers' hardened chorus girl character gives up the lead (even though she's fucking the main investor in the show and he wants her in the part) because Ruby Keeler's ingenue is supposed to be THAT amazing is pure comedy gold.

It's also pre-Hayes code, so it's actually got some pretty dirty jokes in there.

You can watch Ruby clodhopping her way through the title number right here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 21, 2018 5:38 PM

“Midnight Meat Train” with Bradley Cooper and Brooke Shields

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 21, 2018 6:44 PM

The Thing With Two Heads

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235August 21, 2018 7:25 PM

[quote]“Midnight Meat Train” with Bradley Cooper and Brooke Shields

What a bizarre film, based on a Clive Barker short story, so you know it's going to be creepy.

For some reason, this film is currently in heavy rotation on premium cable. What a creepy movie. Don't forget the co-stars Leslie Bibb, Roger Bart, Vinnie Jones, the great Barbara Eve Harris, who has been in way too many TV shows to list and Peter Jacobson from "House".

by Anonymousreply 236August 21, 2018 8:35 PM

Midnight Meat Train is not a bad movie. The script is ok, not fantastic, but also not poor. The direction is PHENOMENAL.

by Anonymousreply 237August 21, 2018 9:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!