Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Ashley Graham *Really* the 'New Sexy' Today?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200February 23, 2018 8:56 PM

Okay, let's not be haters. That is a deeply unflattering angle.

And I would never have chosen that "thong" swimsuit for her body type.

That said, she's pretty. She is not built for high fashion. But she does have the kind of figure that a lot of straight men might enjoy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2017 2:09 AM

She's gorgeous. Cheryl Tiegs hates her though. Cause Ashley's gonna eat that steak sandwich while Cheryl nibbles at her cactus salad.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2017 2:12 AM

She looks good here.

Curvy, plus-size women need flattering clothes. Or they need to look fabulous naked.

Your can't just put them in a shoelace and expect them to look their best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2017 2:12 AM

I mean, is this the logical alternative?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2017 2:14 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2017 2:19 AM

Before. And After. Airbrushing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2017 2:20 AM

R1 seeing somebody's profile counts as "a deeply unflattering angle" now?

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2017 2:23 AM

She's gorgeous,and even if a tad thicker than most,I guarantee you that chick gets hit on by hot guys every time she leaves the house.

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2017 2:24 AM

Wait, she's gigantic- is she super tall too? Is she pushing 225? I'm not even trying to be shitty, but she doesn't seem size 12 plus size to me. I've never seen her unphotoshopped (I've rarely seen most models natural).

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2017 2:29 AM

When she's stuffed into an undersized thong, yes, R7.

Plus-size women need to find what is flattering to them. (The MSM will not do it for them.) There are other swimsuits I would have chosen for her, FWIW.

This is an awfully heterosexist thread. I would love to hear our Lesbian Sisters weigh in (no pun) on all of this.

I do think she's attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2017 2:29 AM

If you fail at life at least you can always be an obesity activist!

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2017 2:35 AM

I wouldn't fuck her. She's waaaay too fat for me.

But most lesbians probably would.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2017 2:44 AM

She's very pretty. I would lose weight if I were her, but I guess it's none my business.

Anyone know the label of the elegant white swimsuit in OP? I can't wait to get it so it can make me into a beautiful princess.

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2017 2:44 AM

Great face, amazing rack, full, but nice hips, and for guys who like some meat, her ass looks good in clothes. Her naked ass and legs are the weak part. She's really thick, but also somewhat fat in that area - as in some folds, a little cellulite. If she was that thick, but completely smooth (as she often is in photo shoots because of airbrushing), then she'd truly be smoking hot (again, if that's your thing). Her stomach is fairly flat given her size. I think she's fairly good looking.

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2017 2:46 AM

I think she's sexy as hell, and I'm an in shape lesbian, not an overweight woman.

She just has it in the right places.

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2017 2:48 AM

This whole body positivity movement was originally started by female cancer patients with breast surgery scars, people with burns and missing limbs etc. pushing for more public presence in order to remove the stigma from themselves.

But obese people just had to hijack it and make it all about themselves and normalizing their food addictions.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2017 3:06 AM

The area above her knees and below her waist is a hot mess.

That's a lot of cottage cheese.

She looks good in R1's pic. From the front.

Plus she is very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2017 3:12 AM

[quote] I think she's sexy as hell, and I'm an in shape lesbian, not an overweight woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2017 3:15 AM

No. ..

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2017 3:28 AM

R4 there is a lot of middle ground between those two. Most straight guys would prefer a size 6 or 8 to a 00 or 14.

by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2017 3:28 AM

Her proportions are enviable. She has a great waist to hips and bust ratio .

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2017 3:35 AM

She is a plus size model...it really nothing to argue over.

by Anonymousreply 22March 23, 2017 3:41 AM

It's a bit disingenuous to photoshop her so she looks slimmer/trimmer and then tout how 'brave' she is for being a plus-size model.

by Anonymousreply 23March 23, 2017 3:48 AM

R23 is correct. Having said that, she is still HIGHLY scrutinized in public, so it is still brave.

by Anonymousreply 24March 23, 2017 4:18 AM

She looks terrible in those candid pics but it's to be expected. An overweight 20 year old can look all nice and firm and round but the same woman entering her 30s and beyond looks like a lump of cellulite and dough due to changes in skin and muscle tone.

by Anonymousreply 25March 23, 2017 8:07 AM

Wait till she turns 50 or 60. Will add new meaning to the term Hot Mess.

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2017 8:39 AM

What's voluptuous at 29 is vile at 59.

by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2017 8:40 AM

She's a sexy fat girl.

by Anonymousreply 28March 23, 2017 8:58 AM

I'm fat. She's fat, too. Neither of us should show our thighs or butt in public.

It's the same weird propaganda that demanded we think of SJP as attractive.

by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2017 9:43 AM

She looks like she's gained weight

by Anonymousreply 30March 23, 2017 9:53 AM

No offense but none of you should even bother trying to understand what's attractive on women. Gay men have given us the "the hottest women are horse faced or have the body of a teenage boy and should be our models". It's like an anorexic trying to be a chef.

I do agree the body positive shit has gone too far. There's ugly, sloppy, and obese, and that's not healthy or attractive to the majority of people.

However Graham is curvy and looks much better in most pics, and people who like tits, ass, hips, etc... (aka not gay men) know she's fine.

by Anonymousreply 31March 23, 2017 11:55 AM

No. Just, no.

Very pretty face though.

by Anonymousreply 32March 23, 2017 12:04 PM

Thanks r15, it's good to see some lesbian input on this board ,seriously.

by Anonymousreply 33March 23, 2017 12:15 PM

Lol, no, lesbians aren't into this shit either. Try making a fatty worship thread on LChat and see how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 34March 23, 2017 12:37 PM

Women are into this.

by Anonymousreply 35March 23, 2017 12:54 PM

I'm in the minority, but no, she's too huge. And I appreciate thick, but my God.

by Anonymousreply 36March 23, 2017 12:59 PM

But her body type and dress size represents the typical woman, especially in the US. I don't understand the disdain for models like Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 37March 23, 2017 1:06 PM

She's married to a black man, he don't mind the big booty.

by Anonymousreply 38March 23, 2017 1:13 PM

It's not her size, it's that it's cottage cheese, not toned and flabby. She does have a shape, she should get on top of weight/fat issue now because like people mentioned above, when she hits her late thirties/early forties shit is going to get real.

by Anonymousreply 39March 23, 2017 1:19 PM

I'm from the West Coast and that is not the typical woman here. I read shit like that all the time, but I don't typically see anyone that huge, especially at 29. I am not a fan of the type A, skin over bones yoga mom look either, but come the fuck on. Yeah, she has tons of cellulite, but you'd expect that when someone is that big.

by Anonymousreply 40March 23, 2017 1:37 PM

All the junk in that heifer's trunk has shifted. Bitch needs a cargo net.

by Anonymousreply 41March 23, 2017 1:51 PM

She's a bit skinny to be considered average size in the US. I swear the women in this country are getting bigger by the second. Lots of in shape men with fatties on their arms.

by Anonymousreply 42March 23, 2017 1:54 PM

She is stunning gorgeous really hot, and to me, he body is disgusting. Shoot me. She has nothing to worry bout,a gazillion men and probably women find her hot, shes rich, and she gets to eat all she wants and she looks really happy, winner her.

by Anonymousreply 43March 23, 2017 2:00 PM

Airbrushed-curvy is the new sexy (kike the Kardashians). It's just as unattainable as airbrushed-skinnny. It's extremely difficult to have a tiny waist, big hips/butt, and no cellulite.

by Anonymousreply 44March 23, 2017 2:03 PM

^*Like, not kike (omg, I'm sorry)

by Anonymousreply 45March 23, 2017 2:04 PM

Another lesbian here voting for hot, but I'm into thick chicks.

As noted upthread, she's beautifully proportioned. It's the hour glass shape that is appealing. If her belly/waist were to spread out, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 46March 23, 2017 2:12 PM

Airbrushed I get it. Reality though? Horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 47March 23, 2017 2:18 PM

Please r40, the West Coast is not real. You all look to LA and Vancouver for role models. Of course they aren't going to think anything above size 2 is normal.

by Anonymousreply 48March 23, 2017 2:35 PM

America is continuing to try to normalize fat people as something less disgusting and unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 49March 23, 2017 2:49 PM

The new sexy?? She's been sexy for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 50March 23, 2017 3:06 PM

No way is she a size 12.....

by Anonymousreply 51March 23, 2017 3:27 PM

I'd bet she's bordering on obese as it's medically defined.

And all that cellulite is fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 52March 23, 2017 4:27 PM

R40: Because we're a healthy weight on average? You could add most of Colorado to the healthy weight side and many in the Northern East Coast. I'm not talking just LA - but all the coastal cities - San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Hermosa, San Diego, etc. I've mostly hung around in Portland and Seattle in Pacific NW. I don't mean just the glam/plastic areas.

I really don't understand the drive to make that 'real'. It's not. It's just unhealthy. She looks absolutely rooted by her legs in particular. How much do you have to eat to even maintain that?

by Anonymousreply 53March 23, 2017 4:55 PM

That was to R48; I'm R40

by Anonymousreply 54March 23, 2017 4:56 PM

She's disgusting. No halfway decent white man would be seen with her.

by Anonymousreply 55March 23, 2017 5:06 PM

R31 makes a good point as I don't think they're the arbiter on what straight men find sexually attractive in women. Cellulite is what's in those pictures and cellulite is something 99.9 percent of women get no matter their size. The thinnest women have cellulite and the angle and the lighting of the photos mean everything.

If you're standing in sunlight the cellulite will be very pronounced versus some indoor lighting. So yes the Op's photo is unflattering but if you bend over the skin will smooth over so no issues for most straight men who like voluptuous women.

I wouldn't say she's the new sexy. Just that she would probably have no problems attracting men especially as she has a pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 56March 23, 2017 5:12 PM

You're full of shit R55.

by Anonymousreply 57March 23, 2017 5:22 PM

No. Pretty face, nice bust but the thighs are a serious turn off. I would never have sex with her, she's too fat.

by Anonymousreply 58March 23, 2017 5:35 PM

She's no Chrissy Metz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 23, 2017 6:01 PM

She wedges that swimsuit up her butt because it's too small to cover her enormous ass.

by Anonymousreply 60March 23, 2017 6:04 PM

Captain obvious at R60

by Anonymousreply 61March 23, 2017 6:07 PM

Lesbian here, and I think she is beautiful and possibly has the prettiest face in modeling at the moment. She seems to have a great personality too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 23, 2017 6:29 PM

She's still young with a somewhat toned body given her size. There's a lot of photoshoping too.

Give her 10 years. Her body and weight will start to give way to gravity. She won't look so hot in the future. That goes for her face too.

by Anonymousreply 63March 23, 2017 6:29 PM

R31, r29 here. As a straight Frau, I assure you that she is regarded as "Such a pretty face; if only she would lose weight" by the vast majority of straight males. Have you never heard the pejorative "thunder thighs"?

AG is simply making hay while the "don't be shaming" trend lasts.

by Anonymousreply 64March 23, 2017 6:37 PM

Since you're not a straight man R64 you really can't be making assurances on their behalf. In the real world, I've seen lots of men, some quite thin, some fit and some fat, dating portly women that weren't even as remotely attractive as this woman. In addition, I've worked in the public and have come to see what random men will hit on and the one girl with the giant booty in the office had plenty of takers and she was no looker in the face.

by Anonymousreply 65March 23, 2017 6:42 PM

R65 This. Especially black men, who tend to love overweight white women for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 66March 23, 2017 6:51 PM

Straight men will fuck anything with a hole in it. It doesn't even need to be alive or human. When you reach the point of using "well some men still would!" as a comfort you know you've hit the rock bottom.

by Anonymousreply 67March 23, 2017 7:11 PM

R55, they may not be seen in public with her, but they'd certainly fuck her behind closed doors. R67 is right.

by Anonymousreply 68March 23, 2017 7:18 PM

"Why do women get cellulite more than men? The [structure of] collagen, the main protein of connective tissue, in women has the appearance of a picket fence, whereas in men it looks more liked a cross-linked fence. So you can see the cross-linked structure is much stronger [and will hold fat in better].

Another reason women get cellulite has to do with the [two kinds of] adrenergic receptors. When stimulated, alpha receptors will cause fat cells to produce fat [as well as triggering constriction of blood vessels and release of sugar into the bloostream] when beta receptors are stimulated, they break down fat [as well as increasing heart rate and relaxing blood vessels]. In women, for every one beta receptor in the thigh, there are nine alpha receptors.

Estrogen also makes fat whereas testosterone breaks down fat. So a women's body is basically—and I hate to say it—genetically designed to be a place for cellulite to develop. Men have one layer of fat throughout their entire body and a one-to-one alpha- and beta-receptor ratio".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 23, 2017 7:35 PM

Faaaaaaaaaat!

by Anonymousreply 70March 23, 2017 8:31 PM

She's married to a fine brotha, she ain't EVAH gonna slim down, she'll end up with a ponytail and a Morris The Cat shirt posting Angel memes on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 71March 23, 2017 9:30 PM

R23, I never got the impression that her photoshopping was to make her smaller in size, just smoother.

by Anonymousreply 72March 23, 2017 11:01 PM

SHRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEK !!!

She's fat.

by Anonymousreply 73March 23, 2017 11:07 PM

No need for the histrionics or nastiness. Her face is beautiful, but her body doesn't look like someone who exercises regularly or eats a healthy diet with lots of vegetables and reasonable portions. That said, this is true of most Americans. No wonder there is a demand for models who reflect what women really look like.

by Anonymousreply 74March 23, 2017 11:16 PM

R72 in the pics at R6 she is smaller not just smoother. She looks at least 20 lbs heavier in the I shopped runway pic at R5 than she does in the pic at R3.

by Anonymousreply 75March 23, 2017 11:25 PM

Somehow I doubt men's trash mags Maxim and FHM are featuring Ashley Graham out of charity towards fat chicks.

There's straight men who like super thin, slim, average, curvy, voluptuous, and obese women. There's a bell curve of how many men find each of those most attractive (in other words, fewer find super thin or obese women hot). Ashley falls between curvy and voluptuous and would appeal to a large # of straight men.

I suppose women could have voted in this poll from ESPN, but that site skews heavily male, and Ashley wins the "hottest" poll against a smaller chick easily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 23, 2017 11:27 PM

Rosie O'Donnell is thinner and just as pretty as Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 77March 23, 2017 11:31 PM

Figures she could only get a black guy to marry her.

That says it all about her real life appeal.

by Anonymousreply 78March 23, 2017 11:33 PM

Putting the words only in front of black guy as if they're something beneath you says something more about your real life appeal R78 and it's not good.

by Anonymousreply 79March 23, 2017 11:43 PM

You're an asshole, R78.

by Anonymousreply 80March 23, 2017 11:48 PM

R1 All I can think is

[bold]THUD THUD THUD THUMP![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 81March 23, 2017 11:57 PM

And here's the part of the photoshoot in R1 where they strategically covered up all her problem areas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 24, 2017 12:00 AM

She's too heavy. A doctor would probably tell her to lose some weight. But some men don't mind a chunky figure. I don't think it would be a problem for most lesbians, either.

by Anonymousreply 83March 24, 2017 12:05 AM

Since there are some lesbians here, you may be interested to know that there was at least one lesbian on the cover of the March issue of Vogue (the infamous cover with Ashley, Kendall, Gigi's photoshopped arm and some real models). This is Vittoria Ceretti, an Italian high fashion model who just split up with her girlfriend, the model Natalie Westling.

Here's the link for her Instagram. Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 24, 2017 12:10 AM

Vitto and Nat, before they split up (for the purposes of evidence).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 24, 2017 12:11 AM

If she is a size 12, I am a 2.

I do envy the fact that even while she is fat below the waist she somehow manages to keep a normal face and neck. If I gain 5 lbs, it all shows up in my face and I start to get a little neck wattle which I hate.

But her thighs and legs are massive. From the waist down she appears much the same as a woman weighing 250.

by Anonymousreply 86March 24, 2017 12:23 AM

HSN always includes plussies modeling the clothes. The host will say, "And we do have these available in 2X and 3X".

by Anonymousreply 87March 24, 2017 12:50 AM

I've never had a problem with cellulite. Although Ashley has a lot of positive and beautiful physical attributes it bothers me that she's essentially communicating that it's OK for young women to not go to the gym.

Go to Germany and Scandinavia. You'll see tall, beautiful large sized women who constantly exercise. They have proportionately much larger bones than the average Asian woman. That's who should be promoting the "new sexy." Many are curvy and busty as well. They do not look right in most fashions designed for tall, thin women even if it was large enough to fit them properly.

by Anonymousreply 88March 24, 2017 1:09 AM

This is what I meant by Plus Size. Notice her broad shoulders and hips, and her very large bones. Sure she would look even better if she lost weight but she will never be a Size 6. Hopefully you can see her backside too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 24, 2017 1:26 AM

I'm a lesbian and I think she's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 90March 24, 2017 1:32 AM

I'm guessing photoshop and liposuction...

A lot of women love this, I'm sure. 70% of the population is either overweight or obese, and the fat acceptance/HAES movement is in full swing.

Not my thing. Not at all. She is very pretty, though.

by Anonymousreply 91March 24, 2017 1:40 AM

R91 I believe there was a study that mentioned women often feel more depressed when skimming through magazines and seeing plus sized models. Perhaps seeing these bigger models makes them realize "Oh. So this is what I look like. It doesn't look as good as say, Dari Werbowy or Carmen Kass. SHIT!". When women look through magazines or watch fashion shows, seeing thin women gives them something to idealize.

It's in the same vain of what gay man wants to see a regular joe like Chris Colfer when they watch BoysNextDoor? We want to see guys like Matt Bomer and Luke McFarlane.

by Anonymousreply 92March 24, 2017 1:48 AM

[quote]A lot of women love this, I'm sure.

I'm sure. There's plenty of women who claim they are "curvy" but are really fat or obese. Those women don't look anything like Graham, they have box hips, a fat belly, etc.. Curvy means you have a good ratio of boobs/hips/thighs to stomach and it's rare to maintain it as you gain weight. Personally, I can't gain weight like Graham because when I do it goes to my belly or arms. I have to stay at a low or low-normal bmi.

But half the DL posters are in as much denial as the "curvy" fat women. Ashley Graham is hot, has a great shape, and if you hung out with actual straight men, you'd realize she's as likely or likelier to make them pop a boner as a regular model.

by Anonymousreply 93March 24, 2017 2:11 AM

Who is this pressed fat straight woman that's arguing about straight men's boners and what is she doing on datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 94March 24, 2017 2:19 AM

How is it that she has the face of a thin woman? That's not really a thing right? Because when your heavy you have jowls and a two chin. Does she get her face liposucked?

by Anonymousreply 95March 24, 2017 2:26 AM

She's with a black man, she's eating fried chicken n' waffles and washing them down with a Hennessy and grape juice, she's doomed!

by Anonymousreply 96March 24, 2017 3:09 AM

Ok. Work with average Joe SWMs. Blue collars. All are fairly fit (NO fatties, just very muscdue due their jobs and their women/wives are ALL petite to very petite). I showed her pic to three of them (age range 32 to 46) today. The question: "If you met this chick, would you fuck her?" The answers can be summed up like this: The viewer actually pauses for five to eight seconds. "Hell YEAH, I'd would. She's hot. I don't normally go for bigger girls, but her face is great, great tits. She's definitely sexy even though she's a big woman."

Other side comments included comparisons of her face to either JLo or Eva Mendez.

THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 97March 24, 2017 3:36 AM

For some reason, the post at R97 makes me laugh.

Especially, the last words: THREAD CLOSED!

by Anonymousreply 98March 24, 2017 3:58 AM

I know r98. I so rarely get the opportunity to end with such flair, I just couldn't resist. "I'd hit that, oh yeah."

by Anonymousreply 99March 24, 2017 4:00 AM

R97 is the token queen at the plumbing office where she works.

100% sure she dials the main office phone with a pencil. That has a pink feather on the eraser tip.

by Anonymousreply 100March 24, 2017 4:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 24, 2017 7:28 AM

Ashley - Spending her day off at Walmart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102March 24, 2017 7:33 AM

Ashley checking out the DVDs at Walmart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 24, 2017 7:38 AM

But... I have the prettier face!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 24, 2017 2:29 PM

I must not know the same straight men that you guys do. The majority of men I know would fuck her secretly for sure, but they wouldn't een seen dead with a fatty, even one with a lovely face.

by Anonymousreply 105March 24, 2017 4:36 PM

Several straight guys I know would fuck her too. They seem to like fat cows.

BBW = the "bears" of the frauen world. Genius marketing!

But they would never be seen with her in public.

by Anonymousreply 106March 24, 2017 5:20 PM

[Quote] They seem to like fat cows.

You need glasses.

by Anonymousreply 107March 24, 2017 6:06 PM

Agree, r105.

by Anonymousreply 108March 24, 2017 6:41 PM

Fat cow!

by Anonymousreply 109March 24, 2017 6:46 PM

I am more amazed that even Ashley Graham has her own troll

by Anonymousreply 110March 24, 2017 6:56 PM

All about that pandering ($$$)...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 24, 2017 7:38 PM

My ex girlfriend looks a bit like that, with a similiar body type. She's Hispanic and Jewish;

by Anonymousreply 112March 24, 2017 9:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 24, 2017 10:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 24, 2017 10:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 24, 2017 10:25 PM

I had no idea her bottom was that sloppy. I mean, I knew it wasn't as pristine and smooth as in photos, but nothing like that. Yet, her upper body and face seem to genuinely smooth.

by Anonymousreply 116March 24, 2017 11:37 PM

yuuckkyyy....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 24, 2017 11:45 PM

She-beast!

by Anonymousreply 118March 24, 2017 11:46 PM

She's gained weight

by Anonymousreply 119March 24, 2017 11:52 PM

I had a friend who had the same body shape, she was even bigger. This was in the eighties. She had no trouble finding men. She had a different man in her bed twice a week. Almost all of them were hot. Then she met an Austrian, went on the Scarsdale diet, got slim but still voluptuous, moved to Vienna, and has been with him, happily, since.

by Anonymousreply 120March 25, 2017 12:00 AM

Thanks for the laugh, r117.

by Anonymousreply 121March 25, 2017 12:14 AM

Hate to be the person giving Graham a "bikini wax."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122March 25, 2017 12:25 AM

These thighs look eerily similar to Ashley Graham's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 25, 2017 12:37 AM

Ms. Graham will never be as nice to look at as this woman. Plus size women would be judged far less if they stuck with potato sacks and didn't try to dress like models that actually look good in clothes. Just like Muscle Marys would be judged far less if they dropped the masc-bro facade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124March 25, 2017 12:58 AM

It just speaks to the state of society. Our culture. They give this woman (Ashley Graham) max publicity. No one really squawks because she reflects the sordid state of affairs regarding increasing weight among you, middle-aged people.

I tend to agree with r124, Ashley Graham could do herself a favor and cover up.

Seeing bags of cellulite all over her legs, no evidence of musculature in sight anywhere, and seeing how she stoops when she walks, suggests she leads a fairly sedentary lifestyle. She's more a cautionary tale for what not to look like - if you can at all help it.

by Anonymousreply 125March 25, 2017 1:22 AM

"Increasing weight among youth"

by Anonymousreply 126March 25, 2017 1:23 AM

I'm sorry but this chick is fuckin' FAT . . F . . . A . . . T . . .FAT! And if you don think that there is a HELL of a LOT of photoshop going on you're nuts.

by Anonymousreply 127March 25, 2017 1:50 AM

Yes, she could rightly be called fat. But hey, some people think fat is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 128March 25, 2017 1:52 AM

She has a pretty face but she is obese. How does a young woman get that fat? What the hell are they eating? Do they even stop eating? I didn't start gaining weight until I went through menopause and then I put on a lot and had to go to Weigth Watchers to take it all off.

Nothing but nothing ages a face more than too much weight. Yes, a face with a little more flesh may look more youthful but before you know it that gets out of hand and that trick doesn't work anymore.

Obesity is not healthy. And no way in hell is she a size 12. She is probably a Plus 2 maybe Plus 3.

by Anonymousreply 129March 25, 2017 2:10 AM

Most straight men would not want to bang that bag of bones r124.

by Anonymousreply 130March 25, 2017 3:06 AM

I'd like to know what Graham actually weighs. She's not really tall. I'd guess close to 200 pounds - if not over.

by Anonymousreply 131March 25, 2017 3:15 AM

R130 Why do you insist on bringing up straight men here? Straight men didn't start this female obesity movement, obese females did.

by Anonymousreply 132March 25, 2017 3:22 AM

She has a pretty face but her legs gross me out. Never been attracted to out of shape women like this poor girl. I am a bi woman from NY and unless you are physically ill there is no reason to be this out of shape and lacking in muscle tone if you are under 50.

by Anonymousreply 133March 25, 2017 4:02 AM

R115, The fashion industry has always shifted back and forth between the ultra thin waifs like Kate Moss as the Ideal to the more voluptuous Russian and European models like Paulina Porizkova. Then the waifs were all getting breast implants and fashion trends shifted to heroin chic.

Ashley Graham is just an alternative to either trend. Or the next step in the progression of the Big Beautiful Plus Sized models who were Size 12 and over like Emme. Still tall with very pretty faces and beautiful hair they were voluptuous but super healthy looking. Of course exercise was part of their lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 134March 25, 2017 4:29 AM

True, r132. However, the point made was attractiveness. Women want to be attractive to men.

by Anonymousreply 135March 25, 2017 4:33 AM

Misogynist at R130 thinks that for straight women, a straight man's approval that she is good enough to have sex with is the main criteria for her self-worth. Shouldn't you be rape apologizing at some men's rights reddit?

by Anonymousreply 136March 25, 2017 4:44 AM

She's not fit. And it shows. How can a 29 year old look so -- matronly?

by Anonymousreply 137March 25, 2017 4:54 AM

gross

by Anonymousreply 138March 25, 2017 5:12 AM

She's the essence of the Big, Beautiful Woman, and she is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 139March 25, 2017 5:18 AM

Who'd fuck Bobby Vinton? He's dead !

by Anonymousreply 140March 25, 2017 5:20 AM

Gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 25, 2017 5:22 AM

She's weirdly obese. The upper half doesn't match the lower half. With that big, cellulite ridden bottom, you'd think she'd have a sloppy gunt, but she doesn't. And, her breast, arms, face are great. Because she's has such full breasts and fairly broad shoulders and isn't pear shaped, she can look really good in clothes as a thick woman. But, again, I had no idea how much they have been photoshopping her bottom half.

by Anonymousreply 142March 25, 2017 5:27 AM

Straight men will fuck ANYTHING if they think they can get away with it. Its been said several times on here,but it bears repeating. Straight men will fuck ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 143March 25, 2017 5:36 AM

[quote] Straight men will fuck ANYTHING.

Sure. But Ashley Graham hardly falls into the category of "AnyTHANG." In the real world, most women don't look nearly as good as Graham, extra pounds and all. Let's not even pretend that most women aren't in the Lena Dunham or Kirsten Dunst category of attractiveness. Beautiful women are rare.

by Anonymousreply 144March 25, 2017 5:44 AM

Please, why do gay men pretend like they won't fuck or suck anything. Yes, gay men claim they have high standards - not fat, big dick, nice face, and on and on. But, straight men will claim to have high standards too, yet fuck basically anyone behind the scenes. And, of course, there are SOME gay men who actually abide by these standards, and there are SOME straight men that abide by higher standards. But, I don't see a hug difference. Men are dogs, gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 145March 25, 2017 5:51 AM

This chick is gorgeous. Tall, shapely and well proportioned. She looks like a model. Ashley isn't an emaciated set of leathery skin over bones. Some models are so shockingly thin it's jarring to see them strutting down runways as if they're representative of ANYTHING but Kanye West'sa apocalypse inspired fashions.

Ashley is a Scorpio. Probably why she's sultry and drop dead gorgeous. Projecting confidence and poise as she puts less hot stick figured models in their place.

by Anonymousreply 146March 25, 2017 5:55 AM

She probably IS a size 12, people. You always look 10-20 pounds heavier in photos. And every chick has cellulite in harsh sunlight. Hell, even your beloved Princess Diana who exercised and starved herself was photographed with cellulite. It's a fact of life for women.

She looks great in clothes - all tits and hips with a tiny waist. What's not to like about that if you're a straight dude?

by Anonymousreply 147March 25, 2017 6:04 AM

I never said that r136. Not too bright, are you?

by Anonymousreply 148March 25, 2017 7:04 AM

She is tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 149March 25, 2017 7:11 AM

R147, you know nothing about clothes or women's bodies if you think that body could fit into a size 12. When I weighed in the 120s, maybe low 130s, I was a size 12. I could still fit into size 12 jacket with more weight but that's cause I have narrow shoulders and a narrow back and not humongous boobs.

This woman is about 200 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 150March 25, 2017 7:32 AM

Um, that would be a resounding no. These are the same people that have been trying to tell us that Bruce Jenner is a beautiful stylish sexy woman. No matter how many times you say this, it won't make it come true.

by Anonymousreply 151March 25, 2017 8:01 AM

R147, probably closer to size 18. She does not have a tiny waist. I would guess she has at LEAST a 36 inch waist which is NOT small. It may look small in comparison to her very wide hips and fat thighs. She is not beautiful by any stretch of the imagination IMO. not ugly of course but not a great beauty.

by Anonymousreply 152March 25, 2017 8:06 AM

R147, Pardon me but every woman does NOT have cellulite. Nor does every woman have thick thighs and behind.

by Anonymousreply 153March 25, 2017 8:16 AM

I'm just not into fat chicks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 25, 2017 8:39 AM

R1453 Women are dogs too, when it comes to men with fat wallets and the promise of never having to work another job in her life. Obviously SOME women don't care anoutna man being a millionaire - just a small long as his income in equal to or higher than hers. Women are dogs. And some of them look like St. Bernard's.

by Anonymousreply 155March 25, 2017 8:44 AM

*Ashley ain't no Greyhound

by Anonymousreply 156March 25, 2017 8:45 AM

R148 lacks the brain matter to understand the concept of insinuation. Hanging around MRA message boards will do that to you.

by Anonymousreply 157March 25, 2017 8:52 AM

I don't give a fuck about how female bodies look....let the straights figure this shit out for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 158March 25, 2017 8:53 AM

I'm confused. Why do so many say she's well proportioned? Her bum and thighs are at least two sizes bigger than her top half. Her shoulders are narrow in comparison to her hips.

How is that well proportioned?

by Anonymousreply 159March 25, 2017 9:10 AM

I would guess she's more than 200 pounds. Definitely obese. She is lucky to have a very pretty face and to carry most of her fat on her lower body. If she had the more typical apple shape then no one would like twice at her, either for modelling or general attractiveness. Thats not even consideringthe massive health risks associated with fat in the andominal area. This is what fat activists often overlook. Most fat women aren't 'curvy' or 'voluptuous', they're just fat. I'm a woman who does struggle with her weight and I don't consider Ashley a role model in any way. It's great that she feels confident in her body but that doesn't reflect reality for most women.

by Anonymousreply 160March 25, 2017 9:18 AM

Well said, r160. I had previously pegged Graham at 200 pounds. But as I typed I knew that guess was likely way off as well.

She might be 240 - in that range.

I copied/pasted a chart from the American Cancer Society website.

This table shows us that a woman who is 5 ft. 4 in. tall is considered overweight (BMI is 25 to 29) if she weighs between 145 and 169 pounds. She is considered obese (BMI is 30 or more) if she weighs 174 pounds or more.

A man who is 5 ft. 10 in. tall is considered overweight (BMI is 25 to 29) if he weighs between 174 and 202 pounds, and is obese (BMI is 30 or more) if he weighs 209 pounds or more.

Based on this: I'd say Ashley Graham is safely within the Obese category.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 25, 2017 9:31 AM

Omg..R154. That was some really funny shit. LMFAO.

Which one of you bitches has had him? ^R154

by Anonymousreply 162March 25, 2017 9:32 AM

She's not a size 12. Size 16 or up

by Anonymousreply 163March 25, 2017 10:37 AM

She's 'Junior Tent size".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 25, 2017 11:11 AM

I would hazard a guess that she's a British size 18/20 on her bottom half. So thats 14/16 US sizing. I agree with the poster who said her body is out of proportion. What is odd to me is that she has very little fat on her face and neck. Her collarbones are visible, which is supposed to indicate normal weight then she just gets progressively bigger. Interesting. I wonder if she'll decide to lose weight and shape up as she gets older. I would imagine there would be a fair amount of money in it for her if she could do that successfully.

by Anonymousreply 165March 25, 2017 12:23 PM

There was no insinuation r157. You're not even bright enough to understand what you posted, let alone what I stated.

by Anonymousreply 166March 25, 2017 1:14 PM

R166 LOL I understand completely. If someone isn't bright it's the typical MRA apologist who would be right at home raiding villages for Boko Haram.

by Anonymousreply 167March 25, 2017 2:26 PM

[quote] What is odd to me is that she has very little fat on her face and neck.

When I gained all my weight the last place I gained was my face and when I started losing the first loss to really show was in my face. But I imagine everyone's different.

She could not get that rear and those legs into anywhere under a Plus size. As someone joked above maybe a tent dress but not slacks or any skirt without elastic waistbands and a very loose fitting material.

by Anonymousreply 168March 25, 2017 2:50 PM

LOL at 167's stupidity. I've been a woman my entire life. Married to a man. I never stated women have to be X or Y. But I recognize what most straight men find desirable, and it is not stick thin models. It's women with curves. That's reality, not misogyny.

While we're on the point, the majority of straight women in their twenties, many even into their thirties, do care what men think of their physical appearance. Sad but true. They know straight men are constantly judging them. I didn't make that point, but it is reality.

by Anonymousreply 169March 25, 2017 9:48 PM

It's all about the base! 🎶

by Anonymousreply 170March 25, 2017 10:52 PM

That bag of bones, r130, is a lesbian, and there are plenty of women who would like to bang her.

by Anonymousreply 171March 25, 2017 11:03 PM

R153 Of course most every woman have cellulite. If you're a woman then you can't see what your behind looks like in stark sunlight so you're clueless about it but it's there.

"Brace yourself—if you have cellulite, you are one of hundreds of millions of women in the U.S. who’s cursing her luck on that front. “The majority of women have some form of cellulite on their body,” says Dr. Lucas. “From what I’ve seen, it’s 80 to 98 percent of women.”

Although men experience cellulite much less frequently, at least 10 percent of them have it, too. “Men have fibrous bands that run more parallel with the skin surface,” says Lisa Donofrio, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist and Associate Clinical Professor at the Yale University School of Medicine. “Women have bands that run perpendicular, thus causing the telltale dimpling.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 25, 2017 11:13 PM

I don't want to make fun of her but she isn't really stylish. You can be a bit overweight and still look good but she is beyond that in many of the photos here.

I would love it if real style came back. Too much messy gross stuff with Kardashians and reality TV. Pop and hip hop are basically grotesque now and so is much of TV, even "quality " stuff.

by Anonymousreply 173March 26, 2017 1:08 AM

After all these posts, it's still R1 who represents the worst of today's DL humanity, with her simpering "anal-ysis" of the photo and the faux-hag-mother command on how to respond to the OP. Oh, and saying anything "negative" means you're a hater.

Well, R1. Yes. You're right. I do hate you, you phony cunt.

by Anonymousreply 174March 26, 2017 1:12 AM

R65 Ashley passed "portly" 30 lbs ago. She is ROTUND. My partner and I have 4 attractive straight college guys sharing the house next door to us. We see their girlfriends coming and going everyday. All the girls are 120 pounds, max. I'm afraid this idea of straight men being chubby chasers is unusual at best. I rarely see good looking heteros of either sex with fat significant others, at least not at Ashley's age. Sorry, this is still a skinny person's world.

by Anonymousreply 175March 26, 2017 1:39 AM

Could be, r171. But not the case for most straight men.

I agree with others that straight men also don't want fat women.

by Anonymousreply 176March 26, 2017 1:44 AM

She's called Freja Beha Erichsen, r176, and is most definitely a lesbian. I think one thing people forget about models is that they're actually huge. They may be skinny but they are so fucking tall, for women, they are physically incredibly imposing.

Freja is 5' 10", Ashley is 5' 9". I can't imagine what it might be like to have Ashley's physical presence in front of you because not only is she fat she's also very tall. She's actually not bad on the runway, but you don't really get a sense of the clothes on her, as you do with the skinny models, which is why she doesn't walk much.

Ashley walked the Michael Kors Fall/Winter 17 show last month, she was good (better than the "model" who came after her). You can see her at about 0:40 seconds into the linked video. My favourite model was the second one to walk out. The difference between a big girl like Ashley and the other girls is palpable.

Basically, from my lesbian perspective, Ashley does nothing for me but some of the other models I find stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 26, 2017 2:22 AM

I don't find 5'9" or 5'10" women imposing, but most of the women on my father's side are that tall or taller, as are my MIL and SIL. I am 5'6".

Personally, I do find the slender models attractive, and would love to have that body type. But I don't have the discipline to do so.

by Anonymousreply 178March 26, 2017 3:01 AM

R177 Are you a midget? Or surrounded by them? The population has been getting taller for years. A woman of 5'9" is pretty common place.

by Anonymousreply 179March 26, 2017 6:57 PM

R53: The Fat people started arriving in portland about 10 years ago. It was really shocking to see them down town. I assumed they were tourists, but no, they live here, and not in the suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 180March 26, 2017 7:11 PM

I think her face is beautiful and her body is barely overweight. She is lucky that her body holds weight in those proportions, with her jawline being very well-defined! I wonder if that is natural or if she gets a little double chin sucked out. And yes, homegirl is lusted after by countless straight men who don't care to parse details between "curvaceous" and "overweight."

by Anonymousreply 181March 26, 2017 7:29 PM

No, r179, I'm about 5' 6", but these model gals are huge. Ashley is 5' 9" but she's among the shorter models. Most of them are around 5' 10", 5' 11", and they're more than just tall, they have an Amazonian thing going on and can be pretty broad-shouldered with powerful thighs. Imagine being surrounded by them - I find the idea really hot (the skinny ones only, not Ashley).

by Anonymousreply 182March 26, 2017 11:46 PM

I really have to laugh. I was a 70s teenager. If any woman was ever spotted looking like Graham - dressed up or in a swimsuit, there'd be much disgust. And laughter.

by Anonymousreply 183March 27, 2017 12:18 AM

True. I was a teen in the 70's and she would have been considered huge then.

by Anonymousreply 184March 27, 2017 2:07 AM

Another irony is all the gay men on this thread insisting that straight men all secretly - or even openly - want to fuck Ashley and girls like Ashley. Erm, no, they don't.

by Anonymousreply 185March 27, 2017 11:16 AM

No kidding, R185. But you don't need to be lusted after by all straight men to get dick, and Ashley and girls like her could get it with not too much trouble.

by Anonymousreply 186March 27, 2017 6:11 PM

A few straight men will want to fuck Ashley but most won't. Most straight men like thin women with big breasts (often fake) and biggish behinds (more common in black men. Straight white men aren't that bothered), and long slim legs. Look at straight porn films if you want to know the type of women straight men want to fuck. There is a market for bigger women, but it is basically a fetish.

by Anonymousreply 187March 27, 2017 6:28 PM

First of all, she is not fetish big, R187. That's just silly. And yes it's true that the very fake slim/large-chested look is probably what they go for in porn, but that's a fantasy. How many of those men are waiting around for a porn star to fuck? It's not gonna happen. They're going to fuck regular women and be content. Just how many of us abstain from sex until we find someone who looks just like a Sean Cody model to fuck? Not too many.

by Anonymousreply 188March 27, 2017 6:34 PM

There is a difference between modeling shoot photos and randomly shot photos.

Everyone knows that. Just as people know that a person who doesn't like you, whatever the reason, will always post the worst, most unflattering photo of you, and, of course, say the nastiest, crudest things about you.

This woman is beautiful, successful, and oozes self confidence. Do you really think she cares about the opinions of unhappy gay men who don't offer anything constructive.

by Anonymousreply 189March 27, 2017 6:52 PM

The issue I have is that by celebrating this we ignore the realities. With increased weight comes a range of health issues.

She may well be beautiful, successful and self-confident, but that won't mean jack shit if she's in the ground before her time. All the self-confidence in the world won't halt diabetes, heart disease and a range of other weight related issues.

by Anonymousreply 190March 27, 2017 11:08 PM

OMG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191March 28, 2017 9:58 PM

She's got big saggy cow utters, and cottage cheese thighs. Nothing about R191 is attractive.

by Anonymousreply 192March 28, 2017 10:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 9, 2017 9:56 PM

Hips don't lie!

by Anonymousreply 194October 9, 2017 10:03 PM

It could be worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 9, 2017 10:07 PM

R85 that's an amazingly hot picture, and I'm a gay man. The best part is they're actual lesbians and it's not just faux-lesbian, straight male gaze shit.

by Anonymousreply 196October 9, 2017 10:52 PM

R31, r29 here. I'm a straight Frau, and I'm telling you that straight men find AG FAT. "Rubenesque" is NOT hot today, which any glance at a movie, tv show, or men's magazine (Playboy, Maxim, etc.) will confirm.

by Anonymousreply 197October 10, 2017 7:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 23, 2018 8:34 PM

She has a pretty face and plenty of straight men would love to fuck her. I think she is too fat, but she carries it pretty well. She should just get on with her fat self and stop trying to be a “role model” and “activist”.

by Anonymousreply 199February 23, 2018 8:43 PM

R190, most high fashion models have health problems, which is what happens when you exercise for 2 hours a day on 500 calories. It's not normal to be a size 0 once you hit puberty. I would love to see size 4-8 models again, because they're strangely missing in today's fashion world.

The most attractive men and women are neither fat nor underweight; they're healthy looking people who are in good shape. Look at models from the nineties, who were so stunning that even I as a young gayling could appreciate their beauty. Ever since that ugly Kate Moss was discovered, fashion went down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 200February 23, 2018 8:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!