Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why on Earth did Tom Hiddleston get cast in "Kong: Skull Island"?

He did absolutely nothing. He didn't act. Just stood around and looked hot in his tight t shirt. They could have cast a male model in the same role and gotten the same performance.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2018 12:20 AM

He looked hot in his t-shirt because of the weather...for no other reason, none at all.

Ferret faced twat.

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2017 11:49 PM

He's not even hot. His eyes are so close together he looks like a cyclops.

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2017 11:52 PM

I don't know because I haven't seen the movie yet but it is on my 'to see' list.

I always liked Tom as Loki.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2017 11:55 PM

R2 He looks like a baboon. It's like Kong v.s. King Baboon.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2017 9:40 AM

You should get into standup, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2017 10:09 AM

He wanted a big moneymaker on his resume, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2017 1:08 PM

He's fugg

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2017 1:58 PM

Sometimes you have to give (it up) to get.

And, man... did give.

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2017 2:21 PM

I had never considered him attractive before Kong. He previously never seen like a hot jock with swagger to me. I can't figure out why I suddenly found him attractive here.

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2017 2:24 PM

Tom is desperate to claw up the Hollywood totem pole. He probably fought hard for that role and accepted scale pay.

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2017 2:28 PM

And Kong is a historic box office hit

by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2017 2:30 PM

So much for my theory that UK actors do projects for the love of craft and not money and fame...thanks Tom.

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2017 4:22 PM

Even tIt-muscle Cavill seems to be poised for a better chance of an A-list career than our try-hard Tommy boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2017 4:48 PM

he obviously bulked up for the role, I'm surprised he didn't insist on a gratuitous shirtless scene.

But he didn't act at all, just recited exposition. I couldn't tell you anything about his character. Bree Larson was wasted also.

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2017 4:53 PM

He probably was on his knees taking dong for the role. He is so weird looking but I wouldn't mind just plugging him one time

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2017 5:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2017 6:00 PM

He never did much for me until THE NIGHT MANAGER - he was very attractive in that somehow, even though he's hardly a macho leading man. Cavill may be more classically handsome, but he's wooden.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2017 6:26 PM

Kong: Skull Island was a lot of fun! And TH looked great in it and I usually think he is hideous.

All of the actors did well from my perspective. It's a very enjoyable movie!

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2017 6:28 PM

Thanks R18 I'm going to see it this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2017 6:39 PM

I saw Kong last night it was a long movie but it was much better than what the critics have said. TH must have been pumping iron for a few months before the movie, he looked great even though he didn't take his shirt off. Samuel L. Jackson played himself or the persona he's created which he bring to any role he gets and it's getting tired. There's a short clip after the very long credits which sets up the premise for a few sequels.

by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2017 4:38 PM

How did he suddenly look hot in Kong?

by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2017 4:47 PM

He's the worst.

by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2017 4:48 PM

I'd hit that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 19, 2017 4:51 PM

He is so anxious to become a huge Hollywood star. Everything he's done in recent years, from "dating" Taylor Swift to doing Kong Skull Island has shown how desperate he is.

Some of these really handsome British classically trained actors want to be American box office stars more than anything: look at Clive Owens, Benedict Cumberbatch, James Purefoy, Richard Armitage, Dan Stevens... I'm not sure whether it's because they're greedy for the money or for the worldwide fame or for both. But I do respect more the ones who stay in the UK and aren't quite so thirsty (like Jeremy Northam).

by Anonymousreply 24March 19, 2017 4:58 PM

He's so lame. Gonna date his co-star the big Kong dude tho.

by Anonymousreply 25March 19, 2017 5:02 PM

The bar fight and samurai gas mask fight scenes were awkward af. Boy looked like he never hit a man in real life to make his performance convincing.

by Anonymousreply 26March 19, 2017 5:12 PM

Be funny if Kong was bi, and it ended with him carrying this blond off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 19, 2017 5:22 PM

I think he did well as an Alpha male

by Anonymousreply 28March 19, 2017 5:56 PM

R21 He never took off his shirt and good camera angles.

by Anonymousreply 29March 19, 2017 6:56 PM

Some of these really handsome British classically trained actors want to be American box office stars more than anything: look at Clive Owens, Benedict Cumberbatch, James Purefoy, Richard Armitage, Dan Stevens... I'm not sure whether it's because they're greedy for the money or for the worldwide fame or for both.

Its the money and fame their after.

by Anonymousreply 30March 19, 2017 6:57 PM

Why wouldn't they want to big box office megamovie stars? Who wants to be only known by a tiny subculture audience?!

by Anonymousreply 31March 19, 2017 7:03 PM

Why the hell does he get cast in anything ? He gives me the creeps. That whole Taylor Swift 'relationship' made me cringe đŸ˜’

by Anonymousreply 32March 19, 2017 9:16 PM

Completely agree, r32.

He's off putting on a visceral level.

by Anonymousreply 33March 19, 2017 9:43 PM

R24, what about James Norton? Where does he stand? He certainly has the looks and talent.

by Anonymousreply 34March 19, 2017 10:09 PM

He didn't do this role for the prestige other than saying he had a blockbuster and could "open" a movie (packed with well-known co-stars).

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2017 2:17 AM

Tim is unattractive. The whole Taylor thing was weird. He also gave that horrible speech when he won an award.

by Anonymousreply 36March 20, 2017 2:21 AM

He usually has a gratuitous butt shot so I'm surprised to learn he didn't even lose his shirt.

by Anonymousreply 37March 20, 2017 2:43 AM

He "looked hot?"

He looked balding.

by Anonymousreply 38March 20, 2017 5:44 PM

He has a huge forehead. I don't get his appeal.

by Anonymousreply 39March 20, 2017 5:54 PM

I would have fucked him. He is boyfriend material.

by Anonymousreply 40March 22, 2017 6:51 AM

More likely grandpa material...

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2018 12:49 PM

Hiddleston doesn't act. He poses. He did the same thing in The Night Manager and High-Rise. Very self-conscious and awkward especially when he's required to be hot. He's Jennifer Lopez minus the camp quality.

Was Kenneth Branagh fucking him during their Wallander days? He was particularly awful in that in both his acting and line deliveries. Being Branagh's fuck toy is the only thing that could explain his being cast on that otherwise quality show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2018 1:15 PM

He did say Tony Hopkins enjoyed Magnus in the Wallander series. So who knows R42. I hated Wallander and the Night Manager also. Both those series were so overrated. Maybe it’s an actors eye that appreciates the details.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2018 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!