Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Daddy’s working! Brilliant moment a BBC expert’s live interview is gatecrashed by his curious children and a VERY stressed w

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346November 29, 2018 9:08 PM

It's the mother who is hilarious, he looks like a douche tbh.

by Anonymousreply 1March 10, 2017 2:57 PM

Was that the mother or a maid/babysitter?

by Anonymousreply 2March 10, 2017 2:59 PM

That poor nanny. I hope she doesn't get fired. Lock the door, genius!

by Anonymousreply 3March 10, 2017 3:00 PM

I saw this live and I was laughing so hard.

It's not the nanny, you stunted morons. It's the mother.

Why does something even as hilarious as this, bring out the moronic racists? The children are clearly half Korean. And then I saw a comments from a bunch of other fucking idiots who called her incompetent, like the kids were climbing the shelves or something. She merely opened the door and did what little kids do.

by Anonymousreply 4March 10, 2017 3:02 PM

This is a great argument for not taking your kids to work.

by Anonymousreply 5March 10, 2017 3:07 PM

Plus if this hsd been an american mother, she would have not lifted a finger to corral the kids out of the room. Instread, she would have just stood there beaming and encouraging her little angels to put on a show for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 6March 10, 2017 3:08 PM

Poor kids, they probably hadn't seen him in weeks, heard the sound of his voice and got excited.

by Anonymousreply 7March 10, 2017 3:10 PM

She behaved like a subservient nanny rather than a wife. But then, that is how Asian women behave.

by Anonymousreply 8March 10, 2017 3:11 PM

I bet he fucked that tight oriental ass afterwards as punishment.

by Anonymousreply 9March 10, 2017 3:14 PM

R8, I noticed that too and she seems rather young. She looked terrified. However, the way she quickly yanked them out of the room showed she has natural or assumed authority over them, like a wife or mother.

by Anonymousreply 10March 10, 2017 3:16 PM

She doesn't look terrified, she looks like a mother who is pissed and takes back her kids under control.

And she doesn't want to appear on vid.

by Anonymousreply 11March 10, 2017 3:24 PM

I bet he doesn't have pants on. Probably sitting in his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 12March 10, 2017 3:25 PM

R12 I totally would

by Anonymousreply 13March 10, 2017 3:29 PM

That skid she does when chasing after the baby in his walker is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 14March 10, 2017 3:34 PM

Doesn't behave like a English wife. Nor like a Ting Tong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 10, 2017 3:36 PM

the link isnt working for me. did they take it down?

by Anonymousreply 16March 10, 2017 3:36 PM

[quote]the link isnt working for me. did they take it down?

Still works for me. Maybe clear your cookies and try again?

by Anonymousreply 17March 10, 2017 3:39 PM

Fucking stupid gits

by Anonymousreply 18March 10, 2017 3:39 PM

For some reason this clip has broken the Internet. Expect the entire family to be on "Ellen" next week.

by Anonymousreply 19March 10, 2017 3:46 PM

Try this link.

R11, don't know which video you're looking at, but the wife is clearly in a panic. You can hear her exclaiming in alarm as she rushes into the room. The way she flew through the door is what has people rolling in laughter. Get ready for a slew of "asian mothers are like ninjas" jokes in the next few weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 10, 2017 4:05 PM

Not a Tiger Mom, then. A Tiger Mom would have kept the kids in the room as a learning experience, and expected them a) to know the regions discussed on the wall map, and b) to contribute to the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 21March 10, 2017 4:14 PM

[quote]Not a Tiger Mom, then.

Obviously not an Asian mother either. If she were, both of those kids would have been forced to perform hari kari.

by Anonymousreply 22March 10, 2017 4:20 PM

Damn it, Robert! I had to use the toilet!

by Anonymousreply 23March 10, 2017 4:27 PM

Yeah, she had exactly one job to do that required less than ten minutes of her precious time and attention and she failed.

What the fuck was she doing that was so important that she couldn't corral two babies for ten minutes? Weird. Maybe she did it on purpose to undermine him.

by Anonymousreply 24March 10, 2017 4:28 PM

Or maybe she turned away for two seconds to attend to all the other chores she is expected to complete by the end of the day by her husband and the kids slipped away.

by Anonymousreply 25March 10, 2017 5:11 PM

She was busy on Chaturbate trying to get her kids college funds started.

by Anonymousreply 26March 10, 2017 5:13 PM

Why was the kid walking like that?

by Anonymousreply 27March 10, 2017 5:17 PM

I thought she was the nanny because she seemed so young and because I guess I'm a racist.

by Anonymousreply 28March 10, 2017 5:27 PM

She may be a nanny which is not unusual for a university professor in Korea. His Korean wife is out shopping for kimchi.

by Anonymousreply 29March 10, 2017 5:40 PM

[quote]Why was the kid walking like that?

You mean playfully? Like a friggin 4 year old? Yeah, such unusual behavior. There needs to be like a Jane Goodall to study this rare phenomenon of little kids being playful and silly. This is why I hate the internet sometimes. Complete imbeciles start to dissect the most common things and treat the most normal behavior as abnormal.

She's in her own home, not by some pool. Is she supposed to literally stare at the kids 24-7 when they're just walking around their own home?

by Anonymousreply 30March 10, 2017 6:02 PM

[quote]She's in her own home, not by some pool. Is she supposed to literally stare at the kids 24-7 when they're just walking around their own home?

She had ONE simple task to complete. Keep the kids out of Daddy's study for 10 minutes while he's being broadcast around the world. She failed miserably.

by Anonymousreply 31March 10, 2017 6:06 PM

I must have seen at least 3 dozen joking light-hearted references to this story in the last 12 hours.

Good ol' datalounge is the first place I've seen where the focus is all about criticizing the woman.

by Anonymousreply 32March 10, 2017 6:10 PM

r32, unsnap your girdle and have a gimlet. If the guy were gay and his husband came running in, we'd be saying the same thing. We're deliciously bitchy like that.

by Anonymousreply 33March 10, 2017 6:12 PM

R31, oh please. You have no idea what she was doing in that moment. The door was closed. And frankly, it was fucking hilarious anyway.

So ridiculous for people who know less than nothing about these people to act like she did something horrendous, especially people who don't even have kids .I don't have kids, but even I have enough empathy to recognize that kids are a handful and mothers need to multitask. You don't know if she was making dinner or doing laundry or in the bathroom or a million other things. And she rushed in there because she knew he was on live TV. We see incidents all of the time on live TV where someone is quickly grabbed to get off camera.

by Anonymousreply 34March 10, 2017 6:12 PM

The second kid just makes the clip, because it's just out of no where.

by Anonymousreply 35March 10, 2017 6:14 PM

R32, it's just to cover the mispaced resentment they feel knowing this well educated and political expert would choose an asian to spend his life with and bear his children.

by Anonymousreply 36March 10, 2017 6:15 PM

[quote]We see incidents all of the time on live TV where someone is quickly grabbed to get off camera.

Not on my shows you didn't. I knew to duck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 10, 2017 6:17 PM

Yeah, it's when the second kid comes in in the walker that really gets me! Very funny. This is his response, later, on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 10, 2017 6:25 PM

She shouldn't have been multitasking while he was on TV. She couldn't keep the kids under control for ten whole minutes.

Will this guy ever be asked back on TV? Is his TV career over? Thanks, Min-Wei!

by Anonymousreply 39March 10, 2017 6:38 PM

And the vote for the dumbest. most hysterical reaction goes to...^

He wasn't performing surgery. He was sitting in his office on Skype

by Anonymousreply 40March 10, 2017 6:49 PM

Beat her.

by Anonymousreply 41March 10, 2017 6:51 PM

[quote]He wasn't performing surgery. He was sitting in his office on Skype

Being watched by 75% of the world.

by Anonymousreply 42March 10, 2017 6:53 PM

Lol, cut the drama R42.

by Anonymousreply 43March 10, 2017 6:56 PM

Who's ready picture is that at R38?

by Anonymousreply 44March 10, 2017 6:59 PM

That poor little girl is gonna get a complex. She's pushed in the chest by her father and yanked by the arm by her mother.

by Anonymousreply 45March 10, 2017 7:01 PM

[quote]Being watched by 75% of the world.

OMG! NO!!! Has Kim Jung Un responded??? This man has beckoned WW3 due to those two little miscreants! Thanks, Professor!

Are you fucking high? Most of that 75% thought it was a lighthearted, normal, hilarious moment in a bleak world, and then there's that minority of psychopaths with no fucking lives who turn something harmless and fun into an excuse to let their pseudo-Freud flag fly.

by Anonymousreply 46March 10, 2017 7:01 PM

The funniest part to me is how the mom is crawling around in full view as if no one can see her.

by Anonymousreply 47March 10, 2017 7:06 PM

[quote]The funniest part to me is how the mom is crawling around in full view as if no one can see her.

I think it's funny how she sort of skids into the room.

by Anonymousreply 48March 10, 2017 7:08 PM

Is that his son at R38 or is he using a pic from 20 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 49March 10, 2017 7:12 PM

R39, maybe he should watch his own kids then. I wouldn't be surprised if the mother was working from home in another part of the home as well when this happened.

by Anonymousreply 50March 10, 2017 7:14 PM

Yes, crawling around on her knees to shut the door as quickly as possible made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 51March 10, 2017 7:16 PM

The baby following close behind the daughter in his walker was the star of the show. The only thing that would have topped it would have been the family pets getting in on the action, like say their dog came barreling at the camera while chasing the cat into the room.

by Anonymousreply 52March 10, 2017 7:44 PM

[quote]She had ONE simple task to complete.

With two little kids, no, there's no way she had "one simple task" on her plate at that moment. Have you never seen a human child under the age of 5? Wait... are you an alien?

by Anonymousreply 53March 10, 2017 8:00 PM

Some of us are not ragging on the lady. the vibe I get is dom-sub. She looked panicked. Also the guy is creepy and pushes away his kid oddly.

by Anonymousreply 54March 10, 2017 8:05 PM

The dad didn't know what to do. He was discussing some rather heavy subject manner. He also wasn't able to quickly turn around to see her and maybe direct her to sit diwn out of the camera's view. At least he didn't snap at her or make her cry.

by Anonymousreply 55March 10, 2017 8:21 PM

[quote]With two little kids, no, there's no way she had "one simple task" on her plate at that moment.

Yes, there was simple task. Stand in front of the door of daddy's office for 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 56March 10, 2017 8:26 PM

Which is easier? Supervising two kids or locking a fucking door?

Regardless, I find it funny how certain posters here are taking this more seriously than journalists on twitter, many of whom are empathizing with the situation.

by Anonymousreply 57March 10, 2017 8:31 PM

[quote]there was simple task

Okay, so you ARE an alien.

by Anonymousreply 58March 10, 2017 8:33 PM

R57, it's because she's a frau.

by Anonymousreply 59March 10, 2017 8:33 PM

I take issue with the fact that the internet allows idiots to turn the most innocuous, lighthearted situations into one where they practically turn the parents into neglectful, child abusers because people have become complete imbeciles. If we're talking about a situation where the kids are screaming in a restaurant and the parents do nothing, then you can judge the parenting skills, but a little kid walking into daddy's office with her little brother in a walker behind her is about the most normal fucking thing.

This kid, on the other hand, is an obnoxious little shit:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 10, 2017 8:40 PM

Take the damn kids to the Park for 20 minutes! Or is that too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 61March 10, 2017 8:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 10, 2017 9:01 PM

DL, I love you, but you're all completely fucking mental! I can't believe the extent to which you've overanalysed this video!

by Anonymousreply 63March 10, 2017 9:03 PM

I read she is the mother, not the nanny. And elsewhere in the internet, people are blaming the father for pushing the little kid on the chest like she's a dog or something. And the woman looks like she's scared of him, while the man sits grimly and utterly humorlessly and tries to ignore his hilarious family. It would take two seconds to say, sorry, the baby came in and chuckle a bit, then move on.

You'd think he'd have the sense to realize the camera is pointed at the door and showing the entire room, not just him. That's why the wife was crawling, she thought she was out of the shot, but you could see furniture all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 64March 10, 2017 9:07 PM

He doesn't seem humorless, just trying to remain professional and not lose his train of thought on the topic being discussed. He looks like he's stifling back a bit of laughter. And Jesus the wife doesn't look scared, just frantic to get the kids out. I can imagine the pressure of being on live tv talking about something about which you're supposed to be an expert.

by Anonymousreply 65March 10, 2017 9:10 PM

Fab eyebrows. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 66March 10, 2017 9:10 PM

R64, he's an academic. Do you expect him to mug for the America's Funniest Home Video crowd? The guy was discussing a very serious topic. He's in a suit and tie at home, for fuck sake. And he wasn't meaning to touch the kid's face. When you're looking at the little screen on your monitor, you're not exactly coordinated when you're using that as your guide.

The part that gets me every time is when she's pulling the kids out and the walker gets a bit jammed in the doorway because the other kid is next to it.

by Anonymousreply 67March 10, 2017 9:13 PM

R67, agee. The dad is not an ogre. He's just serious about his job. The intrusion was unexpected. He did the best he could to manage the situation, while still sounding cerebral. He's even laughing about it towards the end of the video. Those if you saying the wife is scared of him, don't understand foreign cultures where snafus like this rarely occur and are a big deal for some when they do.

by Anonymousreply 68March 10, 2017 9:23 PM

Watching this my thought was, oh look another white man with an Asian wife. There is something really creepy about white men who obsess over Asians. I honestly believe they are pedos.

by Anonymousreply 69March 10, 2017 9:24 PM

Racism, pedophilia and cluelessness all mixed together in R69's fevered imaginings. Creepy indeed.

by Anonymousreply 70March 10, 2017 9:33 PM

Was this on The Day Without Women? Was the mother/nanny trying to make some sort of political point?

by Anonymousreply 71March 10, 2017 9:37 PM

He's a professor by day. Most professors are a little wacky and casual. He probably lets the little ones climb all over the office normally and they didn't understand that they couldn't do that just then.

It's freaking adorable, why must the internet make everything a drama?

by Anonymousreply 72March 10, 2017 9:45 PM

why must the internet make a nothing into a something, r72. I dont find this dramatically creepy but it feels off-putting to my sensibilities, maybe because breeders and the zeitgeist think its so heartwarming, I dunno.

by Anonymousreply 73March 10, 2017 9:52 PM

[quote]Watching this my thought was, oh look another white man with an Asian wife. There is something really creepy about white men who obsess over Asians. I honestly believe they are pedos.

Pedos obsess over children, not ADULT ASIAN WOMEN.

And you can't win any more when it comes to interracial relationships. If you say you only date white people you are a racist, if you date or marry someone of a different race you're a fetishist. It's not like they could possibly just be two people in love. And of course you can tell everything about them from a 30-second clip on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 74March 10, 2017 9:55 PM

R69, and most of society's thought is that you're the one with actual mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 75March 10, 2017 9:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 10, 2017 9:58 PM

[quote]And of course you can tell everything about them from a 30-second clip on the internet.

And a completely hilarious and harmless one at that. It encompasses the most normal aspects of dealing with children under a certain age. It would've been abnormal had she walked in and known daddy was doing an interview, so she should leave. And the little butterball rolling around in his walker following his big sister.

The people who see something nefarious are the ones who really have no connection to normal society/. Very disturbed people.

by Anonymousreply 77March 10, 2017 10:00 PM

Also he is old. He looks to be in his 50s. Or is that british 40s. So Old square professor with his young asian wife and kids. He creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 78March 10, 2017 10:03 PM

[quote]Professor Kelly moved to Korea in 2008 to teach political science at Pusan National University, after completing his PhD at Ohio State University. While at Ohio State he made friends with a Korean student who sparked his interest in the country's politics, his mother said. And soon after making the move, he met his now-wife of six years, Jung-a Kim, a yoga teacher.

Yeah, what a perv he must be for marrying a Korean woman in KOREA where he lives and works, and who make up 95% of the dating pool there.

by Anonymousreply 79March 10, 2017 10:05 PM

He's American and he's 44, R78

by Anonymousreply 80March 10, 2017 10:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 10, 2017 10:09 PM

this is getting more sinister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 10, 2017 10:10 PM

Impressive guy: "He also speaks German, French, Russian, Latin and classical Greek."

by Anonymousreply 83March 10, 2017 10:11 PM

[quote]What the fuck was she doing that was so important that she couldn't corral two babies for ten minutes?

I assume she was watching her husband on TV.

by Anonymousreply 84March 10, 2017 10:13 PM

That little girl was strutting her stuff. This will make the wedding video.

by Anonymousreply 85March 10, 2017 10:15 PM

I'd bet money that he's slapped that poor woman at least twice. Get out while you still can, Jung-a!

by Anonymousreply 86March 10, 2017 10:17 PM

Could work in his favor. He could get asked on different news networks about Korea as he is so knowledgeable and now that his profile has just exploded.

Anybpdy else realize it looked like he was either reporting from his own bedroom or a guest room? That was a bed the books were on. The wife spoiled the illusion when she yanked the daughter and the books tumbled off.

by Anonymousreply 87March 10, 2017 10:24 PM

You'll be shocked that someone was triggered by the event. It's a big honking symbol of the PATRIARCHY!!1!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 10, 2017 10:25 PM

[quote]What the fuck was she doing that was so important that she couldn't corral two babies for ten minutes?

Dumbass, between the time the first kid got in there and the mom realized, was approx. 18 SECONDS. Seconds, ya, imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 89March 10, 2017 10:25 PM

ya imbecile*

by Anonymousreply 90March 10, 2017 10:25 PM

I loved it when she dragged that sassy toddler out of the room and ran her over with the bouncey chair baby. Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 91March 10, 2017 10:26 PM

Jesus Christ, R88. Is that a joke???

by Anonymousreply 92March 10, 2017 10:26 PM

What about the baby, traumatized for life by running over his big sister before he even got a license!

by Anonymousreply 93March 10, 2017 10:28 PM

My favorite part is when you think it's all over suddenly you see her striped arm reappear to slam the door shut.

by Anonymousreply 94March 10, 2017 10:31 PM

Spawn always choose the most inconvenient times to steal the show. Who remembers what this man was talking about, that sassy little girl is a star!

by Anonymousreply 95March 10, 2017 10:33 PM

The best moment is the second baby rolling in.

by Anonymousreply 96March 10, 2017 10:34 PM

daddy is hot

by Anonymousreply 97March 10, 2017 10:35 PM

I love when she just parks herself beside daddy and looks right into the screen. TV time!

by Anonymousreply 98March 10, 2017 10:36 PM

the best moment was the panicked mother, a maternal whirlwind, sweeping the spawn out - did anyone time that?

by Anonymousreply 99March 10, 2017 10:37 PM

[quote]Jesus Christ, [R88]. Is that a joke???

I don't think so. It seems these days no matter how cute or wholesome something is, somebody, somewhere will complain about it.

by Anonymousreply 100March 10, 2017 10:38 PM

R96, I have to agree with you. I laughed my ass off when that happened. These parents will have a lot of fun with this in years to come. They look like a loving and happy family.

by Anonymousreply 101March 10, 2017 10:42 PM

She was taking photos of Emma Stone and tweeting them.

by Anonymousreply 102March 10, 2017 10:44 PM

They all had their star moments - the first kid with the happy strutting walk, the panicked mother thinking no one saw her, but yes the real star was the baby who couldn't even walk managing to get in there, too.

It's funny, he was talking about something important but it all seemed like dead words after the excitement of the kids and the mother coming in.

by Anonymousreply 103March 10, 2017 10:46 PM

DL icon Chrysanthemum of Tran has made this all about xyr...

[quote]the fact that most of yall assumed the woman in the bbc kids interview video was a nanny and not their mom...............

[quote]my mom (a southeast asian refugee) was a nanny for an affluent white family when she relocated to the south

[quote]she never failed to tell me how much she loved the little white boy she took care of and how much she wish i was more like him

[quote]anyway lmao women of color/asian women as nanny's is a topic i get really sensitive about

[quote]like ya of course we assumed she was a nanny, women of color have been nannies to affluent white families for so long

[quote]this isn't to shame ppl btw, i'm the daughter of an asian nanny so my instinct is to think about punishment from affluent white families

[quote]it's just rly telling because no white woman would ever be assumed to be the nanny of a white man's child

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 10, 2017 10:46 PM

[quote] it feels off-putting to my sensibilities

You're a jackass.

by Anonymousreply 105March 10, 2017 10:49 PM

R105, my question is: WHAT sensibilities?

by Anonymousreply 106March 10, 2017 10:50 PM

Who even talks like that? Does the T mean you get a verbal tuck as well?

by Anonymousreply 107March 10, 2017 10:51 PM

The man was providing valuable insight into the leadership crisis underway in Korea-a crucial US ally-and all anyone cares about are the kiddies crashing the report. Sad sign of the times.

by Anonymousreply 108March 10, 2017 10:56 PM

R108, he'll be back. He's an intelligent man.

by Anonymousreply 109March 10, 2017 10:57 PM

Oh FFS, R108, go get a haircut or something. We're seeing it because of the kids. It wasn't a US news segment, either. IT WAS THE BBC, which makes it ten times funnier. You'd never have a segment like this on US television unless it was PBS.

by Anonymousreply 110March 10, 2017 11:00 PM

I bet he knocked the shit out of his wife for that.

by Anonymousreply 111March 10, 2017 11:14 PM

You're in the wrong thread, R111. The misogynist creep thread is over there, near the pits of hell.

by Anonymousreply 112March 10, 2017 11:17 PM

The Second Baby is Everything.

by Anonymousreply 113March 10, 2017 11:25 PM

The wife is pretty. He's kind of cute too. Had this been Gio & Tommy, you'd all be gushing.

by Anonymousreply 114March 10, 2017 11:26 PM

I want to roll like second baby. So nonchalant, so cooly infantile.

by Anonymousreply 115March 10, 2017 11:27 PM

One of the best takes on this. Poor dad thinks this is getting 'weird'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 10, 2017 11:32 PM

There are some truly twisted people on this thread.

I thought it was hilarious. The little girl was entirely at home walking into the room - not worried or afraid or scared - no negative vibes at all.

Little brother following big sister - what's happening? I'm coming too.

Mother: Oh, shit....entrance. Perhaps she played baseball in her past, because that's what that move reminded me of.

Dad: Trying to feel which child has entered and keep his focus on what he is trying to say.

All those who see this as anything but a funny moment are sick.

Dad was probably wearing jeans with the tie and coat. No one can see.

by Anonymousreply 117March 10, 2017 11:56 PM

No, dad was naked from the waist down. That's why he couldn't get up to wrangle the kids hisself!

by Anonymousreply 118March 11, 2017 12:02 AM

I vote for novelty Valentine's Day boxers.

[quote]women of color/asian women as nanny's is a topic i get really sensitive about

Like there are topics Chrys *doesn't* get sensitive about?

by Anonymousreply 119March 11, 2017 12:17 AM

He probably wasn't working from home. He's a professor in South Korea and with the time difference, it was already late afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 120March 11, 2017 12:21 AM

These poor children will never get into a good college. When they make their applications, this video will always pop up. They bring shame to family. Their lives are ruined.

by Anonymousreply 121March 11, 2017 12:21 AM

The father was obviously amused by the situation, yet it's the DL cunts who are upset and outraged.

Mom was probably in the living room watching her husband on BBC when suddenly there were her kids on BBC too.

by Anonymousreply 122March 11, 2017 12:26 AM

I thought this guy was a 50+ just from the picture, but he is only 44 yo? Wow, some people do age rapidly at least in the face.

by Anonymousreply 123March 11, 2017 12:30 AM

This thread is why I love DL.

Especially R102.

by Anonymousreply 124March 11, 2017 12:41 AM

It looks like her pants are half down. She probably went to the bathroom and took her eyes off them for 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 125March 11, 2017 12:42 AM

She was broadcasting on North Korea tv saying, "My husband is liar!"

by Anonymousreply 126March 11, 2017 12:43 AM

Why are people getting so hysterical about the posts in this thread? Jesus Christ, this is DL, posters are going to be snarky and pointlessly bitchy. If the snark is sending shivers down your spine then move on to another thread, damn.

by Anonymousreply 127March 11, 2017 12:45 AM

I loved this video and have had a couple of belly-laughs from it, which is pretty rare for me. If you put this into some movie, people would complain that it was too surreal. But real life isn't surreal, is it?

by Anonymousreply 128March 11, 2017 12:53 AM

I preferred Balloon Boy and his trashy family. This is all a bit too upscale and highbrow.

by Anonymousreply 129March 11, 2017 12:55 AM

The baby must be in a motorized chair, because he blithely rolls in at quite some speed.

The whole thing is charming, but the prof really did lose his place in what he was saying, and it took him a few seconds too many to get back into trim.

With the internet buzzing about this, it'll be good for everybody. Sweet PR!

by Anonymousreply 130March 11, 2017 12:56 AM

The posters in this thread who object to a few of ours' senseless snarky throwaways = fraus?

by Anonymousreply 131March 11, 2017 12:58 AM

I remember when DL straight-up pulled no punches. What's with all these SJWs now?

by Anonymousreply 132March 11, 2017 1:00 AM

I was a bit disturbed at how the mother grabbed that child. She didn't need to grab him that hard,

by Anonymousreply 133March 11, 2017 1:01 AM

I truly lol'd. That second baby though!

by Anonymousreply 134March 11, 2017 1:18 AM

The wife is a N. Korean sleeper cell.

by Anonymousreply 135March 11, 2017 1:56 AM

Wanna read what half Asian redditors have to say about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 11, 2017 2:10 AM

This is hysterical!

I rolled on the floor when the little girl got caught up in the walker and the mom just keeps dragging her past the threshold. Poor girl even cried out in pain!

Too funny.

by Anonymousreply 137March 11, 2017 3:17 AM

As R125 says the woman's pants are unzipped . She clearly took 5 minutes to pee and they got away from her.

by Anonymousreply 138March 11, 2017 3:54 AM

I can't believe the posts in this thread. These are children for heaven's sake, CHILDREM!!! For shame, you gays, for shame. I thought the DL was a welcoming place for families of all ethnicities but appartanley not! SMH.

by Anonymousreply 139March 11, 2017 3:55 AM

From your French tips to God's ears, r139! It just breaks my heart. Not only are these precious children being brought up in a third-world h*llhole full of foreigners, they're forced to shoulder the burden of being Oriental mulattos. They didn't ask for any of this! And that mother is a yoga teacher? Just imagine for one second the false-prophet worship that goes on in that heathenhouse! Oh, sweet Jesus, please make it STOP! No, don't imagine it....it's just too awful to think about and you'll be opening your heart to Hindew and Swahili Demons!

If you'd like to join my prayer chain for these two precious angel-babes, PM me on Websleuths.

by Anonymousreply 140March 11, 2017 5:37 AM

Hun, the DL ain't a welcoming place for anyone. Unless they are Italian-America.

by Anonymousreply 141March 11, 2017 5:39 AM

I bet he locks the door when watching online porn.

by Anonymousreply 142March 11, 2017 5:52 AM

[quote]She behaved like a subservient nanny rather than a wife. But then, that is how Asian women behave

That's the kind this kind of Type A asshat wants for a wife

by Anonymousreply 143March 11, 2017 5:53 AM

That kid has my old Mao Tse Tung jacket.

by Anonymousreply 144March 11, 2017 6:01 AM

I'm not buying into all this subservient nonsense. That's just a stereotype DL is pushing because they saw he had an Asian wife.

It's pretty obvious that this man is not pushing anyone around. Just look at the way the little girl strolled into his 'office' with not a care in the world and when he tried to push her out look at how she completely ignores him. Instead she just stands her ground. Even the baby rolled right in not remotely worried about invading daddy's sanctuary.

If he was some scary bully the kids would have picked up on that and been at least intimidated. Instead they were quite the defiant little beings and had to be dragged out of there. It's obvious the wife was trying not to be seen on the camera which is why she was sliding on the floor.

Cute story in an otherwise bleak day of deplorable news.

by Anonymousreply 145March 11, 2017 6:16 AM

The mom clearing out the kids with the quickness is the funniest thing.

by Anonymousreply 146March 11, 2017 7:11 AM

[quote]The Second Baby is Everything.

One of the commenters on the Guardian website said that the second baby was 'channeling the planet Saturn'. HA!

by Anonymousreply 147March 11, 2017 10:07 AM

Wow, those Reddit posters are going after the parents with a vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 148March 11, 2017 11:06 AM

From Reddit:

[Quote]omma" which means mom in Korean. So she is unfortunately married to a man who swats away his kids like they were an annoying mosquito.

[Quote]This clip exposes all that is wrong with wmaf

[Quote]The guy is prob a long term ESL teacher in Korea but he's trying to portray himself as some kind of think tank type intellectual.

[Quote]The hapa baby exposed his lie, and made him look small in front of a white audience, (a sexpat, esl clown, wmaf worst nightmare)

[Quote]The utter fear in the Korean woman's eyes shows she is terrified of this man, prob because he's physically abusive.

[Quote]The reason why he is so upset, is because he's hoping some BBC exposure will land him a better job than esl teacher and then he can return home.

by Anonymousreply 149March 11, 2017 11:20 AM

Caitlin Moran said it best:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 11, 2017 12:04 PM

R149, those Reddit posts are funnier than the kids.

by Anonymousreply 151March 11, 2017 12:23 PM

Re-enactment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152March 11, 2017 1:12 PM

The kids should be gassed.

by Anonymousreply 153March 11, 2017 1:32 PM

Hilarious. You can tell that little girl prances into and around that room everyday. She did not care that anything important might be going on, she wanted to see daddy.

by Anonymousreply 154March 11, 2017 2:14 PM

The cunts on Reddit are like "nine years and STILL only an associate professor?"

Probably written by a typical over-achieving Asian.

by Anonymousreply 155March 11, 2017 2:34 PM

Yes, the reddit comments are not funny. They are hateful and bitter.

by Anonymousreply 156March 11, 2017 2:36 PM

There is obviously an abusive dynamic between the husband and wife, likely fueled by underlying racial tensions. The poor children are unwitting pawns in this toxic psychodrama. [something racist]. Also, rosebud or coin slot?

by Anonymousreply 157March 11, 2017 2:50 PM

And of course dour Ellen has to leap on this. She is a vampire when it comes to quirky human interest stories and works them into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 158March 11, 2017 2:53 PM

I think the trolls posting here are nuts, but I do wonder about the dynamics between the husband and wife. He's been knee deep in academia for some time, no doubt he would have met many korean women who are as, if not more, accomplished and knowledgeable as he is, yet his wife is a yoga instructor.

by Anonymousreply 159March 11, 2017 3:03 PM

My god, people are so fucking judgmental. Would you like to have thousands of strangers commenting on your personal life and jumping to conclusions based on 30 seconds of footage? This family was not desperately trying to become famous like Balloon Boy's dad. They didn't ask for this shit. Can we leave them alone now?

by Anonymousreply 160March 11, 2017 3:24 PM

I love the trolls. Bring them to light! Then block them without the self-congratulatory post saying so.

by Anonymousreply 161March 11, 2017 3:44 PM

How was she acting subservient? She was trying to avoid the camera. She knew her husband was discussing something serious and it was an "oh shit!" situation because he's on live friggin TV. Did you expect her to calmly walk in?

by Anonymousreply 162March 11, 2017 3:55 PM

[quote]Hun, the DL ain't a welcoming place for anyone. Unless they are Italian-America.

Probably due to the mutual love for virulent racism.

by Anonymousreply 163March 11, 2017 4:00 PM

I wish this happened more often. It really takes the piss out of "expert" punditry, a horrid feature of contemporary news with an unbearable pomposity factor.

And I do think this guy seems unbearable. Not with the posters saying he's an abusive tyrant or anything, but he's obviously an all-wet prig who takes himself waaaay too seriously. He was NOT amused. He was trying to play the jolly papa, but he was doing it through gritted teeth, and obviously had a stick up the derriere about the whole thing. I understand, he wasn't gonna do "funniest home video", but he didn't radiate a good perspective. he radiated the perspective of an uptight prig.

by Anonymousreply 164March 11, 2017 4:59 PM

The Obama or JFK way to play it would have been to stop momentarily and laugh, put the little girl on his knee and continue with the punditry, treating the world to his bon mots on the Korea situation with her in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 165March 11, 2017 5:02 PM

The Reddit comments read like those of insane curtain-twitchers: a short funny clip being grounds for assumptions of dark dysfunction. Morbid projection, it seems.

DL's pointless bitchery is at least often knowingly so, redeemed by a semblance of wit. Reddit makes The Mail's comment sections seem wise and benign.

by Anonymousreply 166March 11, 2017 5:07 PM

Yes, R165, that dad could have done that and made himself insanely popular. He didn't, which made it instantly funny.

by Anonymousreply 167March 11, 2017 5:10 PM

What would he have done with the bouncer baby? Turn him over? A well timed kick towards the door?

by Anonymousreply 168March 11, 2017 5:13 PM

If the guy's being (unfairly) compared with Presidents, imagine how Trump would have handled it. Plenty of red meat there for Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 169March 11, 2017 5:17 PM

R169, NO ONE on this planet, outside of Fox News, would bother to ask that asswipe about Korea. He'd be talking up that little worm of a dictator and telling us how great, how strong, how capable he is.

by Anonymousreply 170March 11, 2017 5:33 PM

I love when mom slid in there like she was trying to make home plate with the bases loaded. Hilarious stuff.

Im glad mom was dressed to. My mother used to walk around in old ratty t shirts with her hair curlers in, as soon as she got home from work.

by Anonymousreply 171March 11, 2017 5:33 PM

That really was a MLB quality slide, R171. AND, she changed direction mid slide and never lost a step. Talented woman.

by Anonymousreply 172March 11, 2017 5:37 PM

Is Elliot Rodger ghost-writing (pun intended) the sub-Reddit at r136? It's a hotbed of projection and repetitiveness...

[quote]/r/Hapas is a safe space for the verified Eurasian children of stereotypical White father / Asian mother couples.

[quote]So what happens when "cute Hapa babies" grow up to resemble Asian men, the same men that Asian women (and the rest of the world) are desperate to avoid?

[quote]What happens when Eurasians, as a whole, resemble Asian men and women, and have to live with this legacy?

[quote]So what happens when these highly psychosexualized pairings (masculine white / effeminate Asian) have sons and daughters who look very Asian?

[quote]White men and Asian women having hateful, racist, arrogant, spiteful views against Asian men, whom their children resemble

[quote]Half Asian children looking full Asian, even playing full Asians on TV

[quote]Double standards in dating - Asian women are accepted, while Asian / Hapa men are expected to be single.

And the punchline...

[quote]Eurasians demonstrating extreme white-worshipping behavior, or disdain for Asian appearance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173March 11, 2017 5:55 PM

SNL better do this, think how epic it could be!

by Anonymousreply 174March 11, 2017 5:56 PM

Holy Shit, R173, that's a horrible take on some kids crashing dad's interview!

by Anonymousreply 175March 11, 2017 5:57 PM

Yeah and totally LOLing at all the people who think she's some abused wife. These people have obviously never met any Korean women. She probably drags him around just like those two kids.

by Anonymousreply 176March 11, 2017 5:58 PM

R174, I can see it now: Ivanka's kids crashing grampy's interview with Putin. He flings them, later, into the helicopter blades. Reddit melts down.

by Anonymousreply 177March 11, 2017 5:59 PM

R176 has it right. I've known Korean women and they're brought up to be very assertive when it comes to home and family. I'm sure he falls right into line.

by Anonymousreply 178March 11, 2017 6:00 PM

This is the only funny thing we've had in months, and people try to turn it into something ugly (i.e. reddit thread)

by Anonymousreply 179March 11, 2017 6:10 PM

Lol r177

by Anonymousreply 180March 11, 2017 6:26 PM

Sorry but daddy has gay face for days.

by Anonymousreply 181March 11, 2017 6:28 PM

They have TWO children? They must be rounded up and punished. No allowed, two children.

by Anonymousreply 182March 11, 2017 7:16 PM

R162, if she had walked in calm and dignified, taken the children by the hand and silently removed them, it wouldn't have been as funny but the same thing would have been accomplished. Let's face it, kids have already been seen. Hiding yourself, or not, isn't going to matter.

by Anonymousreply 183March 11, 2017 7:23 PM

Neither parent realized how much the camera showed

by Anonymousreply 184March 11, 2017 7:43 PM

I lost it when the girl knocked over the books revealing they were piled on a bed, not a desk. So the old professor was trying to make it seem as thogh he was in his study, but he was really broadcasting from his bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 185March 11, 2017 8:11 PM

The first kid strutted in like a boss. Second kid has been described as Professor X. Both were cute.

by Anonymousreply 186March 11, 2017 8:17 PM

NOT on an ASSOCIATE PROFESSAH'S SOWLRY

by Anonymousreply 187March 11, 2017 8:26 PM

I love the girl's swagger and that she doesn't leave, just settles in. The baby rolling in is icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 188March 11, 2017 8:33 PM

His wife and kids put him on the map. This will open doors for him going forward. I bet he is blessing his lucky stars.

by Anonymousreply 189March 11, 2017 8:33 PM

On international sites, I can tell the American commenters

"Those beautiful children are abused by that violent man and his terrified, subservient wife! I'm sure he beat them terribly when he was off the air. He should have picked that adorable child up and sat her on his lap. Children are far more important than some BBC report!"

by Anonymousreply 190March 11, 2017 8:38 PM

R159 Maybe he is in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 191March 11, 2017 8:43 PM

Darn tootin' they are, r190!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 11, 2017 8:46 PM

R140- South Korea is a first-world country.

by Anonymousreply 193March 11, 2017 10:45 PM

This reminds me of when I was hosting a wake at my house and my dog had gotten into my sister's luggage and pulled out her big ol' bra and proceeded to walk around the living room with it in his mouth in front of all the guests.

by Anonymousreply 194March 11, 2017 11:18 PM

The American commenters are also the ones bleating on about how people who thought the mother was the nanny are racist.

by Anonymousreply 195March 11, 2017 11:23 PM

[quote]This family was not desperately trying to become famous like Balloon Boy's dad.

OMG! What a blast from the past! I wonder what they are doing now -- finally coming to the conclusion that they will have to slave away at a 9 to 5.

by Anonymousreply 196March 12, 2017 2:11 AM

They are still around, R196

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 12, 2017 2:21 AM

Staged. The mom is trying to go viral as a modern "I Love Lucy".

She does show great comic timing.

by Anonymousreply 198March 12, 2017 2:29 AM

On first seeing the mother dive into the scene it seemed like a soldier throwing themselves onto a grenade to smother the blast. Which is sort of the truth.

[quote] my dog had gotten into my sister's luggage and pulled out her big ol' bra and proceeded to walk around the living room with it in his mouth in front of all the guests.

I've heard of such things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 12, 2017 3:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200March 12, 2017 3:30 AM

It probably IS his study too r185, homes in Korea are very small.

by Anonymousreply 201March 12, 2017 4:44 AM

Walk into the club like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 12, 2017 4:59 AM

[quote]Take the damn kids to the Park for 20 minutes! Or is that too much to ask?

You no listen husband if think Park is solution in Korea!

by Anonymousreply 203March 12, 2017 5:02 AM

The toddler that rolled in looked like BB8.

by Anonymousreply 204March 12, 2017 5:15 AM

Why on earth would a WHITE man marry a YELLOW woman?!? If you want some slant pussy just go to a massage parlor...they will do ANYTHING for a dollar...

by Anonymousreply 205March 12, 2017 5:50 AM

ANYTHING, but you, r205

by Anonymousreply 206March 12, 2017 7:07 AM

Thank you r202!

by Anonymousreply 207March 12, 2017 7:10 AM

R197) I see their thirst for fame never materialized. The boys aren't rock stars and never will be one.

by Anonymousreply 208March 12, 2017 7:53 AM

It's funny Balloon Boy's mom is Asian, too. Hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 209March 12, 2017 7:54 AM

He has plucked brows and he's married to an Asian. Survey says:

by Anonymousreply 210March 12, 2017 8:01 AM

She slid into the room with military precision. Wouldn't surprise me if she turns out to be special OPS...Yoga instructor my foot.

by Anonymousreply 211March 12, 2017 1:12 PM

"God, why didn't this asshole just act like some of the most charismatic world leaders of the last century and immediately bounce that baby on his knee?"

by Anonymousreply 212March 12, 2017 1:23 PM

[quote] What the fuck was she doing that was so important that she couldn't corral two babies for ten minutes? Weird. Maybe she did it on purpose to undermine him.

She was probably watching her husband on LIVE TV and saw the first kid enter. The whole thing is hilarious. The kid coming in dancing followed by the walker. I hope he wasn't cross with them. Life is too short.

by Anonymousreply 213March 12, 2017 1:38 PM

He really looked like he wanted to burst out laughing, R213. He held it together pretty well, considering.

by Anonymousreply 214March 12, 2017 2:31 PM

A BIGLY F&F to all the fuckers who noticed the races of all the participants, pointed it out and made asses of themselves with their nasty speculation. Balanced people don't pull that shit, or even notice.

by Anonymousreply 215March 12, 2017 2:33 PM

R215, go back to Oz then.

by Anonymousreply 216March 12, 2017 2:48 PM

Sure, I'll do that, R216, when you go back to that hole under the bridge you crawled out from.

by Anonymousreply 217March 12, 2017 2:49 PM

Tell it to the people on the reddit thread, R215

by Anonymousreply 218March 12, 2017 2:52 PM

Have never used the block button so much as on this thread. There's a difference between being fun and snarky and abusively, speculatively cruel. Maybe once you grow up, you'll be able to tell the difference. If you're already legally an adult, there's no hope.

by Anonymousreply 219March 12, 2017 2:58 PM

He's too old for her. She also freaked out like an employee not a wife. Plenty of Asian wives have Asian nannies. People weren't being racist so much as classist. And no not all Asian women act that way around their husbands. There is a creep factor here - like a minor version of Ted Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 220March 12, 2017 3:04 PM

My what a snappy comeback, r217.

by Anonymousreply 221March 12, 2017 3:06 PM

Your persistence is impressive, R221. That's about it.

by Anonymousreply 222March 12, 2017 3:09 PM

R217

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223March 12, 2017 3:09 PM

It's great to see another man who loves Asians as much as I do.

by Anonymousreply 224March 12, 2017 3:10 PM

Then block me, dear. No reason to be so ugly around it. Plenty of trollish company here without wasting your precious wit and search function.

by Anonymousreply 225March 12, 2017 3:12 PM

[quote]She was probably watching her husband on LIVE TV and saw the first kid enter.

Why didn't she put the little girl in front of the tv and say, "Watch for daddy"?

by Anonymousreply 226March 12, 2017 3:12 PM

I'm glad she didn't, R226. Haven't laughed that hard since Melissa started doing Spicey.

by Anonymousreply 227March 12, 2017 3:14 PM

Maybe that's the only room in the whole apartment and the mother and children had to wait in the hall.

by Anonymousreply 228March 12, 2017 3:17 PM

I heard NASCAR is recruiting the bouncey baby for future promos. Good move.

by Anonymousreply 229March 12, 2017 3:19 PM

And why couldn't Daddy skype this at work in his office where things like this are supposed to happen? This is my house and I should be able to roam freely in it.

by Anonymousreply 230March 12, 2017 3:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231March 12, 2017 3:22 PM

How the heck has no one mentioned the swaggering girl going "MUMMY!" as she's being dragged out by her hair.

To me that is the funniest part.

The glasses, The hair. The swagger. That girl is a star!

by Anonymousreply 232March 12, 2017 3:25 PM

The best part was the jaunty manner in which the little girl just walked into the room...beautiful!!!

by Anonymousreply 233March 12, 2017 3:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 12, 2017 3:28 PM

On a different note, what a cool window behind them in that photo. The family is also really cute. You can't fake that kind of love and caring.

by Anonymousreply 235March 12, 2017 3:30 PM

Shouldn't we be judging their furniture/decor at this point in the thread?

by Anonymousreply 236March 12, 2017 3:34 PM

[quote]Why didn't she put the little girl in front of the tv and say, "Watch for daddy"?

She probably did exactly that, and the girl was all, "Can't fool me, I know where Daddy is, and I'll show you."

by Anonymousreply 237March 12, 2017 3:35 PM

They will be on every morning chat show known to man this week.

Make that money gurl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 12, 2017 3:39 PM

I want a roller-baby!

How does the baby power that contraption? Is the roller on top of a Roomba-like platform? How does he direct it?

by Anonymousreply 239March 12, 2017 3:52 PM

His mother gave an interview and she said that the little girl probably assumed her father was Skyping with grandma as they often do & that's why she barged in.

by Anonymousreply 240March 12, 2017 3:53 PM

Nine months, a lot of blood, and a shower registry will fix you up, R239.

by Anonymousreply 241March 12, 2017 3:54 PM

[quote]How does the baby power that contraption?

There are different ways. It's hard to tell but this one looks like the baby powers it with his/her feet. Wheels are mounted on the bottom of the contraption. The baby is suspended in a stretchy seat and it can walk around directing it where to go.

by Anonymousreply 242March 12, 2017 3:58 PM

How cruel! Imagine shitting in your pants and not being able to get away from it!

by Anonymousreply 243March 12, 2017 4:06 PM

FRAU NIP!

by Anonymousreply 244March 12, 2017 4:09 PM

Yes, that hot daddy is really tasty.

by Anonymousreply 245March 12, 2017 4:11 PM

I love how when the roller baby is coming through the doorway, as the door starts to close on him, he reaches out and pushes it back against the wall.

Clearly both these kids are used to freely coming in and out of this room. The baby didn't have any trouble maneuvering his roller seated self into the room.

by Anonymousreply 246March 12, 2017 5:50 PM

it happens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 12, 2017 6:30 PM

I'm not surprised that you heathens look upon an unnaturally mobile baby and laugh, for it is truly Satan's work! Free will is a sin that must be stomped out before it has a chance to take hold.

This can be done by blanket training infants as soon as his wicked hand begins manipulating their limbs to allow them a taste of freedom and mobility, which inevitably lead to impure thoughts and b*rth c*ntrol.

Soddomites of DL, take your little Obama babies and place them atop a blanket on the floor then wave their favorite toy in front of them. When they make an effort to reach for it, smite them with a flexible plastic ruler (pink for girls, blue for boys) and a firm "No!" Put them back on the blanket and repeat the cycle until they stop reacting to the toy. Congratulations! You have won one tiny battle with Satan!

You will have to do this day after day until it sticks, but when it does -- oh, what a glorious day! Your formerly willful baby will be able to be left unattended for hours at a time, giving your older daughters more time to wickedly tempt your Godly sons -- something that needs your full attention lest it gets out and you take a temporary hit to the wallet.

Remember, I hate the sin and not the sinner, and I'm always here to help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248March 12, 2017 6:45 PM

The dad looks cute in his twitter header.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249March 12, 2017 9:25 PM

I honestly thought it was Dan Harris when I first clicked on the video.

by Anonymousreply 250March 12, 2017 9:26 PM

American Teeth!

by Anonymousreply 251March 12, 2017 9:43 PM

R248 ruined this thread by trying too hard

by Anonymousreply 252March 12, 2017 9:52 PM

I still don't understand how an infant can roll around that house like a skilled race car driver. I think the mother is moving the baby by remote control, which means this was all planned and fake.

by Anonymousreply 253March 12, 2017 11:27 PM

[QUOTE]Why didn't she put the little girl in front of the tv and say, "Watch for daddy"?

It must be exhausting being you.

by Anonymousreply 254March 12, 2017 11:29 PM

Uh, care to tell us where it happens in that 10 minute video, R247?

by Anonymousreply 255March 12, 2017 11:49 PM

R235- those scooters were outlawed in he US about 20 years ago. Babies were rolling down staircases and getting injured. It's too bad because those scooters are awesome

by Anonymousreply 256March 12, 2017 11:56 PM

[quote]I still don't understand how an infant can roll around that house like a skilled race car driver.

My little nephew had one and he thoroughly enjoyed running into me with it.

by Anonymousreply 257March 12, 2017 11:57 PM

You know you deserved it r257.

by Anonymousreply 258March 13, 2017 12:06 AM

Roller Baby has the best entrance through a doorway since David O. Russell on the set of "I ❤️ Huckabee's".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259March 13, 2017 12:11 AM

Those walkers are still sold in the US.

by Anonymousreply 260March 13, 2017 12:18 AM

R260) Thank you for calling them by their real name. My goodness. I'm amazed at some of the posters calling them everything but a walker.

Heck, that's how I babysat my hyper ass nephew w/a walker attached to a bungee cord, so he wouldn't have free reign of the whole house but some freedom.

by Anonymousreply 261March 13, 2017 1:42 AM

Jesus had one and he survived quite nicely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262March 13, 2017 1:44 AM

What would happen if you put roller baby on an ice skating rink?

by Anonymousreply 263March 13, 2017 2:02 AM

What is that from R262? Do you know this one, which has Jesus (baby) playing an instrument?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 13, 2017 2:12 AM

It's from the Hours of Catherine of Cleves, r264. We went down the rabbit-hole of the symbolism in yours in school and of course I've forgotten all of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265March 13, 2017 2:24 AM

Thanks, R262/R265

by Anonymousreply 266March 13, 2017 2:34 AM

How could you even suggest leaving a baby with a walker? You people are sick, sick, sick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267March 13, 2017 3:01 AM

I thought walkers had been phased out in favor of Exersaucers these days. I had a walker as a baby but I'm old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 13, 2017 4:14 AM

[quote]Baby Walker: September 1939

[quote]Most parents teach their baby to walk by gently lifting them up by the arms, or by investing in a wheeled baby walker. One Swiss engineer, however, decided it'd be a better idea to strap wooden beams between his legs and those of his baby. That way, he could guide the baby's movements. Meanwhile, a harness attached to an overhead pulley would keep the child upright and balanced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269March 13, 2017 5:02 AM

///

"Oh, for Pete's sake Marjka, it's left, right, left, right, not left,left, right, right!"

by Anonymousreply 270March 13, 2017 5:21 AM

That baby on that Roomba was the star of the show!

by Anonymousreply 271March 13, 2017 6:06 AM

That's taking attachment a little too far, R269.

by Anonymousreply 272March 13, 2017 9:49 PM

[quote] What the fuck was she doing that was so important that she couldn't corral two babies for ten minutes?

Maybe they didn't know the exact time he would be on, so he was sitting there for a half hour waiting to go on and mom had to pee.

Maybe mom is pregnant again and was unexpectedly puking.

Or maybe dad should have locked the fucking door.

by Anonymousreply 273March 13, 2017 9:56 PM

Do people really not know what a baby walker is? They've been around for decades.

by Anonymousreply 274March 13, 2017 10:01 PM

R274) I know. Right? It boggles my mind. They are at least 40 years old or older.

by Anonymousreply 275March 14, 2017 6:06 AM

[quote]Or maybe dad should have locked the fucking door.

THIS. All the people blaming the mom - why the fuck wasn't that door locked? He knows he's got two small kids wandering the house, and they're used to entering that bedroom whenever they want, you can tell. A little flick of the wrist ON HIS PART would have prevented all of this.

(For the record, I'm glad he didn't lock the door - the video is hilarious.)

by Anonymousreply 276March 14, 2017 11:11 AM

Who are the dullards still dissecting this days later?

by Anonymousreply 277March 14, 2017 11:17 AM

Not everyone is paranoid enough to live in a house where every door has a lock. We all know this was the mother's fault.

by Anonymousreply 278March 14, 2017 1:31 PM

I hope that little girl doesn't come marching in when the parents are having sex. (But maybe after the second child, they've stopped having sex).

by Anonymousreply 279March 14, 2017 1:50 PM

My nephew rolled down a carpeted flight of stairs in one of those rollers. The ambulance drivers had to load two stretchers into the ambulance, one for my nephew and for my sister/his mother who fainted from the shock after seeing him bounce down the stairs. Both were fine. It was actually funny once it was all over and we realized he wasn't seriousky injured.

by Anonymousreply 280March 14, 2017 3:20 PM

Daddy was a whore and a rolling stone

by Anonymousreply 281March 14, 2017 3:24 PM

R280, I was hoping you were going to say 2 ambulances were needed--one for the kid and the other for the walker.

by Anonymousreply 282March 14, 2017 5:06 PM

The family gave an interview to the Wall Street Journal explaining how it all happened. I love the dad's description of his daughter's mood as "hippity-hoppity."

Oh, and he totally blames himself for what happened, because he didn't lock the door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 14, 2017 6:33 PM

R280, is your nephew retarded or just suicidal?

by Anonymousreply 284March 14, 2017 7:49 PM

[quote]The family gave an interview to the Wall Street Journal explaining how it all happened.

Well, I'm so glad that I got an explanation of this world-shaking incident.

by Anonymousreply 285March 14, 2017 7:53 PM

My world view has now been changed

by Anonymousreply 286March 14, 2017 8:03 PM

Guy's too young to be this stiff and dodgy. The wife needs to perfect her english. She's a little rusty.

by Anonymousreply 287March 14, 2017 8:07 PM

Sorry guys, he was wearing pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288March 14, 2017 10:14 PM

Marion is very hippity hoppity. For the dad, surrrre!

by Anonymousreply 289March 14, 2017 11:03 PM

I hope he speaks Korean because she doesn't really speak English.

by Anonymousreply 290March 14, 2017 11:16 PM

[quote]The wife needs to perfect her english. She's a little rusty.

Why does a Korean who lives in Korea need to perfect her English?

I like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291March 14, 2017 11:27 PM

Fucking brilliant at R291! At first I thought it was Ivanka rushing into the room, not Kellyanne.

by Anonymousreply 292March 14, 2017 11:37 PM

The WSJ interview is very telling. The youngest kid is clearly exhibiting sex abuse acting out behavior.

by Anonymousreply 293March 14, 2017 11:46 PM

R293, how so?

by Anonymousreply 294March 15, 2017 11:46 AM

The Daily Show ' s parody with Spicer as Daddy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 15, 2017 12:07 PM

Happy that the dad acknowledged his slip up and did not blame his wife.

by Anonymousreply 296March 15, 2017 12:23 PM

Notice in the interview that they admit the initial concern was that this had ruined his TV career. What you're seeing now is the edited version of their life with the benefit of several days. You know he blames her.

by Anonymousreply 297March 15, 2017 12:54 PM

Truth be known, after the camera crew left he slapped that wife around for an hour. The look on his face showed a man stifling absolutely rage.

by Anonymousreply 298March 15, 2017 12:58 PM

This one one of the funniest, yet totally realistic, videos I've seen in a long while. Those kids are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 299March 15, 2017 1:39 PM

[quote]Sorry guys, he was wearing pants.

Well, of course he has to say that. But we'll never really know, will we.

by Anonymousreply 300March 15, 2017 1:46 PM

At first, I thought it was just a very funny video, but in this followup interview you can see that both children were dressed in masonic colors. Even the toys they chose to have them play with on camera have the same masonic color coding. Look at the 7:47 mark in this video when the wife us talking about some photo that was taken and he touches her to signal her to stop talking about it. It's very evident we have not heard the last of this man and his family. You can scream "tin hat" all you want, but sometimes a duck is just a duck, and sometimes it turns out to be a unicorn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301March 15, 2017 2:14 PM

R301 if that family is Masonic, what does that make the tRump administration? Demonic???

by Anonymousreply 302March 15, 2017 2:27 PM

No 302, it just means daddy's now, or will soon be, a card carrying member of the brotherhood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303March 15, 2017 2:38 PM

R301, What did the wife say before he touches her to stop at 7:48?

by Anonymousreply 304March 15, 2017 3:06 PM

The host asks if the reason he didn't get up was because he was wearing pajamas. The husband says he was wearing pants, and the mom adds that it was the daughter's birthday at school that day and they took a picture together with him wearing the same outfit he did for the BBC interview. It's at this point he signals her with a tap to stop talking.

by Anonymousreply 305March 15, 2017 9:15 PM

daddy makes my no no hole twitch

by Anonymousreply 306March 15, 2017 9:17 PM

The dad seems extremely brittle and humorless. I bet the Asian wife got screamed at.

He went to a shitty college and seems to have a chip on his shoulder about it, hence marrying an Asian.

Probably the best he could do.

by Anonymousreply 307March 15, 2017 9:26 PM

I've been very busy. Does his star continue to rise or are his 15 minutes up already?

by Anonymousreply 308March 15, 2017 9:39 PM

[quote] Does his star continue to rise or are his 15 minutes up already?

He's over and back to the Copa Cabana College. However the happy little girl is a star. She made her first appearance at the age of three in her daddy's Midwinter BBC's Nightmare. She played a hippity hoppity and entered, quite unexpectedly, her mother stark terrified . She has been a star ever since. The little girl is a great star, a true star. She never was or will be anything less or anything else.

by Anonymousreply 309March 15, 2017 11:25 PM

R301 is a parody, right?

by Anonymousreply 310March 16, 2017 12:13 AM

Trump shuts it down without touching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311March 16, 2017 12:17 AM

love you very much, daddy. Pleease come inside me. Now.

by Anonymousreply 312March 16, 2017 1:19 AM

[Quote][R301] is a parody, right?

[Quote]—i sure hope so

Nope, dead serious...Don't worry, after the big reset that's barrelling towards us, it will all make sense. Strap yourself in and hold on to your popcorn box.

by Anonymousreply 313March 16, 2017 1:24 AM

That girl is a rockstar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314March 16, 2017 1:45 AM

His hair looks nasty. Couldn't he have washed it?

by Anonymousreply 315March 16, 2017 1:59 AM

Wouldn't it be a hoot if he didn't speak a word of english?

by Anonymousreply 316March 16, 2017 2:01 AM

^Oops meant:

Wouldn't it be a hoot if he didn't speak a word of KOREAN?

by Anonymousreply 317March 16, 2017 2:07 AM

[quote]Impressive guy: "He also speaks German, French, Russian, Latin and classical Greek."

But no Korean.

by Anonymousreply 318March 16, 2017 2:10 AM

He probably knows some Korean.

by Anonymousreply 319March 16, 2017 2:11 AM

He has his doctorate, speaks multiple languages. Look up his web site. He lives in South Korea.

by Anonymousreply 320March 16, 2017 2:14 AM

So, my friend's parents retired to Mexico, been there for years. Never learned spanish.

by Anonymousreply 321March 16, 2017 2:36 AM

His Twitter is full of pictures from his Korean language textbook; always regarding alcohol.

[quote]Yet another creepy alcoholic exercise in my Korean textbook: offering booze to pregnant women & young girls. Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 16, 2017 2:53 AM

He doesn't speak Korean. His wife is his English interpreter.

by Anonymousreply 323March 16, 2017 2:57 AM

That little girl kicks ass.

by Anonymousreply 324March 16, 2017 3:11 AM

I saw the Daily Show parody this morning while watching the news, too damn funny. I died @ Kellyanne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325March 16, 2017 4:10 AM

[quote]Look at the 7:47 mark

I see what you did there, r301, and know all about that Asian airplane that disappeared, so, no, I won't be letting you into my computer today with your keystroke Svengali numerology.

by Anonymousreply 326March 16, 2017 4:45 AM

Free Jung-a!

by Anonymousreply 327March 16, 2017 6:26 AM

The Asian woman frantically running in the room the gets the children out, was sad and pathetic. Like, she knew she's was going to get in big trouble for her fuck-up.

by Anonymousreply 328March 16, 2017 6:35 AM

*to get* ^

by Anonymousreply 329March 16, 2017 7:16 AM

It's not "sad and pathetic," she just didn't want her husband to be embarrassed on TV. That's only natural. If you were a human being instead of a bot, you'd understand.

by Anonymousreply 330March 16, 2017 4:00 PM

The Asian press conference is kind of funny how it had to be so serious, but he said the right things.

by Anonymousreply 331March 16, 2017 4:03 PM

r328 Why are they terrified of their ugly, American husbands?

by Anonymousreply 332March 16, 2017 4:04 PM

I think both would be happier if they were married to their own race. President Truman started this nonsense when he sent our boys over there to fight.

By the way, are canned parsley potato balls available in South Korea?

by Anonymousreply 333March 16, 2017 4:36 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 334May 20, 2017 8:23 PM

I see our old thread bumper is active today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335May 20, 2017 9:34 PM

Gayle King BUMPUS!!

by Anonymousreply 336May 21, 2017 7:12 PM

Why isn't this guy making the network rounds to give his perspective about the recent tensions between N. Korea and the US? He's a leading expert, right?

by Anonymousreply 337September 22, 2017 6:35 PM

[quote]Why isn't this guy making the network rounds to give his perspective about the recent tensions between N. Korea and the US? He's a leading expert, right?

People are afraid his wife might really get hurt this time as she skids into the door.

by Anonymousreply 338September 22, 2017 7:14 PM

No way wifey isn't special Ops the way she slid into that room on target and extracted those kids with military precision.

by Anonymousreply 339September 22, 2017 7:22 PM

Maybe this viral video killed his career

by Anonymousreply 340September 22, 2017 7:25 PM

R337, I've wondered the same thing myself - I haven't seen him as a talking head on any shows since, and he said at the time of the video that his biggest fear about the whole thing was that the BBC wouldn't call him anymore to provide analysis and commentary, and it looks like he was right to be worried. It's too bad.

by Anonymousreply 341September 23, 2017 8:16 AM

The family was featured on Korean tv in a row called The Return of Superman. The dad is cute in a nerdy sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 342September 23, 2017 9:27 AM

He's been replaced with a younger model.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343September 23, 2017 10:42 PM

Actually, he hasn’t been replaced. Professor Kelly was talking this morning on BBC news about North Korea and Trump. Of course he was sitting in our favorite room...lol!!!

by Anonymousreply 344September 24, 2017 7:02 AM

Glad to hear it, r344.

by Anonymousreply 345September 24, 2017 7:05 AM

Excerpt from Professor Kelly's most recent blog post:

"I say all this as a deeply disaffected lifelong registered Republican. I voted a straight Democratic ticket this week just because of Trump’s threat to America’s institutions. I figure I will stay a registered Republican for the 2020 primary, to vote against Trump there. But if Trump wins re-election, I see no choice but to register as a Democrat. The GOP will be unrecognizable at that point – basically the American National Front by 2024."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346November 29, 2018 9:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!