Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Had Faye Dunaway ever presented at the Oscars before?

What about Beatty? I don't remember seeing them.

(and didn't she sound a little funny? why was that?)

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 2:48 PM

She sounded fine. I think we expect her to sound like Joan Crawford (or her imitation of).

by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2017 3:35 AM

I thought she sounded a little thick tongued like she had dental work or was on painkillers.

by Anonymousreply 2March 2, 2017 3:40 AM

Where was Sophia Loren??

by Anonymousreply 3March 2, 2017 3:48 AM

Italy probably.

Why was she supposed to be there?

by Anonymousreply 4March 2, 2017 3:51 AM

Beatty has presented numerous times before. He presented Best Picture two previous times.

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2017 4:04 AM

This is my favorite Dunaway appearance of the recent past. Her looks are ruined but she is in fine form and her voice is wonderfully strong Texas trash as she pays tribute to Warren Beatty with revised words to the Bonnie Parker poem. She seemed cute and affectionate, present.

Faye was also very cool to sit with Nicholson on his dais of female costars when he won the AFI Lifetime Achievement award. Meryl stayed put in the audience but Cher, Louise Fletcher, Shirley MaClaine, Candice Bergen, Shelly Duvall and Faye sat at the "family" dais. It was quite a sight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 2, 2017 4:12 AM

Faye looks pretty good for a woman nearing 80.

by Anonymousreply 7March 2, 2017 4:50 AM

Her body is pretty flawless; her face is so bizarre however. She was once one of the greatest beauties that the screen has ever seen. Not sure what happened. Is this a botched surgery? I still love and adore her - so no worries either way.

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2017 6:06 AM

Presumably Faye presented Best Actor the year after she won Best Actress, but I know they didn't always follow that pattern in the past.

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2017 7:00 AM

actually r9 she didn't. Sly Stallone presented to Richard Dreyfuss for some odd reason.

by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2017 7:02 AM

Faye Dunaway Wins Best Actress: 1977 Oscars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2017 9:19 AM

[quote]What about Beatty?

I know that Beatty and Jack Nicholson presented Best Picture to DRIVING MISS DAISY in 1990.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 8, 2017 6:10 PM

Are you an idiot, OP?

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 2:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!