Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ha! Ha! Faye's Back on Top again!!!

She got the last laugh on all of you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 23, 2018 2:49 PM

Hollywood royalty....

by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2017 8:40 PM

Don't FUCK WITH ME, fellas!!!

This 'aint my first time at the rodeo...

by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2017 8:41 PM

She's very smart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2017 8:45 PM

God damn it, I don't need your rotten envelopes! I'll choose the picture that I WANT!

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2017 8:47 PM

I'm not mad at YOU, Warren! I'm mad at the ENVELOPE!!

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2017 8:49 PM

Of course I'm back on top! Why would you think otherwise? I've killed people and had people killed to get where I am. I've crawled in oil. I've gotten slapped within an inch of my life. I had to beat a child with a Borax canister!

HELL l got in bed with that greasy behemoth Brando! When you scratch and claw your way to the top, you'll do ANYTHING to get back there.

Ain't that right Goldie?

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2017 8:58 PM

Thank God for Faye. If it wasn't for her, we'd probably have to relive that unbearable Viola Davis speech.

by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2017 9:28 PM

Love Faye.. Hope she's not beating herself up about it, though she seems the type to do so. Hopefully this boosts her profile enough that she can get some decent offers again. I genuinely think of her as the last "Star" -- as Joan Crawford eloquently described in her book. Great talent + beauty + drive + eccentricity + mystique + great body of work

by Anonymousreply 8February 27, 2017 10:57 PM

I love Faye. I will defend her to the end. There's nobody like her. She loves being a star and despite everything, you root for her. She gives everything to her performances.

I'm glad people are talking about her again. She is long overdue for a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2017 1:10 AM

She better make a new movie quick while the iron is hot.

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2017 1:24 AM

I love her too. Maybe I wouldn't like her on a personal level, but we'll probably never meet, so it doesn't matter. She's an icon, a true diva and she embodies everything that is lacking in today's bland "stars."

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2017 1:29 AM

Forget it, Warren. It's La La Land.

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2017 1:50 AM

Is this CPA firm or a teenage brothel? My compliments to you PWC on your "impeccable" reputation!

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2017 1:57 AM

MOONLIGHT, please!

Please, MOONLIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2017 2:08 AM

Prefer Faye over Meryl

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2017 2:10 AM

I might as well have property of MOONLIGHT tattooed on my ass!

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2017 2:17 AM

Now is the time for Faye in Master Class!

by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2017 2:19 AM

I think I'll sit this one out fellas !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2017 2:21 AM

I thought she was filming Master Class already.

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2017 2:21 AM

Tear up that BITCH of a Best Actress envelope, and give me the category that we OUGHT TO BE presenting!

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2017 2:25 AM

This never gets old. I love this woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2017 2:26 AM

Lol, R20. I wish she had said that last night.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2017 2:27 AM

It's too bad her career imploded or petered out. Whichever you want to choose. She has one hell of a resume on her early career. Much of which seems forgotten. Well until yesterday LOL. I love her. Jesus H. Christ she was gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2017 2:39 AM

People were too hard on Warren. He apologized and tried to explain the mistake like a gentleman.. He could've easily pulled a Timberlake and threw Faye under the bus, since she said "La La Land!"

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2017 2:39 AM

I saw this on Twitter and thought of DL: How many calls did Faye Dunaway make on a rotary phone today?

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2017 2:43 AM

Have you people discussed how good she looked last night? Since all the reports from recent years of her looking and acting like a crazy bag lady, I really thought there was no hope left for her.

She really stunned me last night! Looked very well done up.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2017 2:56 AM

Faye nailed it because, in those few seconds leading up to her announcing LA LA LAND! she went back to every dynamic character she played on screen.

Much like MOMMIE DEAREST, she got it so right by getting it so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2017 2:57 AM

Faye's going to jail and rightfully so. I suggest she call up Martha Stewart for pointers on how to survive while in the pokey, like how to make a shiv.

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2017 2:58 AM

Faye will have people making shivs for her.

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2017 2:59 AM

I can do Disney as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2017 3:01 AM

She was quite good in Handmaid's Tale though it never gets a mention.

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2017 3:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2017 3:08 AM

What I love about Faye is she does give it her all. Even in her acting class reality show she looked like she never thought for one second that she wasn't doing high art.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2017 3:10 AM

Her Botox job was horrible

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2017 3:23 AM

I see an episode of American Horror Story for Faye Dunaway

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2017 3:30 AM

Loved her in Network!

Loved her in Barfly!

They just don't make em like THAT anymore.

JLaw? Brie? Emma (Stone or Watson)? Nah! NEVER!

M comes close but too frumpy and doesn't give a damn. Faye OTOH does.

"Moonlight won Best Picture Faye"

"Oh. At first I thought it said lala land. Oh well. I don't watch foreign like lala land anyway. Warren dear, where's the bar? Oh hi Shirley! I didn't see you scowling behind me!

by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2017 3:30 AM

She is so campy, chic and to use the cliche term - DIVINE in almost every way. One of the screen's greatest beauties (Chinatown for fucks sake! Not to mention Bonnie and Clyde..) and worthy of at least one more Oscar than she was bestowed - Faye always killed it. Yes, she tended to over-act in at least one famous role but she shined in so many others. Her greatest rival of the day (and another personal favorite) Jane Fonda always had the utmost respect for her also. Yeah, I love that she is bitchy. Faye is one of those actors who you love to hate or hate to love - both work just fine. I really do want her to get one more day in the sun - some great indie film role and another Oscar nomination. I can't get enough of her..

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2017 3:53 AM

She was so great but then went off the rails. I mean really off the rails. She was a top actress and then fell down to the C-List.

I remember her saying once that people used to ask her on the street if she was Meryl Streep. This was around the Supergirl era.

With those crazy dentures and Botox, she is difficult to cast. Maybe a Dynasty reboot as Grandma Josephine.

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2017 3:54 AM

With her royalties - certainly she can afford dental implants??

by Anonymousreply 39February 28, 2017 3:55 AM

When Sally Field made an ass of herself at the 1984 Oscars with her pathetic, "You like me, you really, really like me." she had to live with the ridicule of that for years afterwards and she was humiliated by it. I get the feeling that Faye is at the point in her life where she doesn't give a shit about the screw-up last night.

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2017 4:00 AM

At 76, she could be a ... I am stumped. Hollywood does not cast a lot of older ladies. The clips of Bette Davis bagging on her are legendary. She hated Faye for being unprofessional and rude.

by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2017 4:01 AM

Last night was not Faye's fault. Warren was a wuss for not saying he had the wrong card.

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2017 4:03 AM

She really did not screw much up - PWC shit the bed and then Beatty sharted on the sheets. Her simple mistake was so minuscule in comparison - anyone could have done the same thing. Bette was a legend but played horrid roles in her later years. Faye could easily do the same (she is also a legend).

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2017 4:04 AM

Maybe Ryan Murphy will cast her in something. It would be worth it just to hear new stories of her being difficult.

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2017 4:07 AM

A frequent Beverly Hills Hotel guest, Faye was photographed by the pool the morning after she won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1977. THIS is what an icon looks like, friends...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2017 4:09 AM

I love that picture. It's so fake with the newspapers on the ground but is totally iconic. As noted, she was on top of the world and then fell off the top due to drugs and being difficult.

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2017 4:12 AM

Was she a big coke-head? Never heard the drug rumors. She was stunning beauty, but her teeth were a little yellow - she must have smoked 2 packs a day.

by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2017 4:14 AM

Coke, heroine and then Meth

by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2017 4:18 AM

God, she really was a beauty. Those cheekbones could cut glass.

I remember the first time I saw her in a film. Bonnie and Clyde. I was stunned at how perfect her face was.

by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2017 4:23 AM

I'VE HIT THE MOTHERLODE!

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2017 4:23 AM

If you study the clips of the aftermath of the "Best Picture" announcement-fiasco, Dunaway is NOWHERE to be seen. She's outta there. She's history. She's a ghost. She's vapor. Was probably all the way to Mendocino by that time.

by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2017 4:26 AM

She's on stage, she's just hiding.

by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2017 4:28 AM

I would probably hide too. I am not sure what other option she had - to stand there and smile when both Warren and PWC fucked it all up? Poor La La producers already gave their acceptance speeches? Horrid.

by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2017 4:32 AM

Who remembers this match made in heaven?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2017 4:33 AM

Does anyone have the story about Faye's teeth? Car accident, illness? Why did she lose them relatively young? She's been wearing dentures for what, 20-30 years now?

by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2017 4:38 AM

In honor of Faye's comeback. Datalounge should be rebranded as Faytalounge for one week as a tribute to her greatness. Who's with me here?

by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2017 4:39 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2017 4:45 AM

She went to the parties looking for drugs or parts?

by Anonymousreply 58February 28, 2017 4:51 AM

It’s amazing I don’t write these more often, the clinging-onto-celeb-life-with-all-the-surgeried-muscle- they-can-muster brand o’ Blind Vices. Could it be they hit too close to home for this fortysomething columnist who wonders if he should start embarking on all the plastic-puss opportunities available in this über-vain town? Nah, not today, at least. But do take Sheila Muff-Driver, an attractive enough gal who plans on selling her fading sexuality until she drops and who hasn't shied away from all that docs can do for her, trust. ‘Course, not that long ago, Sheila-love was the hoochie-coochie toast of T-town, and I don’t mean just for being a superscrumptious babe, but for her great beauty and arguable talent, too. The Academy Awards even gave her notable recognition at one time, but alas, that was back when SMD had a modicum of professionalism to offer her colleagues, as opposed to the perk-filled, ridiculously absurd existence Sheila's life has now become.

She goes through assistants faster than Botox needles. She fires reps of all sorts (managers, agents, etc.) who were just trying to do her a charitable favor in the first place—as Ms. Muff-Driver did, at one time, have such promise. And she still could, mind you, if she’d just stop injecting her body with every fountain-of-youth concoction out there and let what’s left of her face just be. So, you know, she could move it, utilize it and such, as actors are wont to do. But instead, all Sheila gets today are offers to do benefits and interviews about her once-golden career. And it was one occasion for the latter—in a documentary being put together by an established director who could ostensibly help reenergize Ms. M.-D.’s career—in which Sheila was set to be prominently featured.

Although, true to deranged spoiled form, when the producer rang up to finalize the schedule, Sheila barked back: “You know, I don’t get out of bed for less than $40,000 a day.”

Sheila’s still under the covers, by the by, her latest opportunity at anything close to a comeback having been quashed, yet again, by herself.

Maybe next time this happens, just go and shoot the bitch in her bed? Just a thought. Would be fitting on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 59February 28, 2017 5:04 AM

God, I got all excited thinking you were talking about Faye Resnick. We've all prayed she'd change her mind and return to RHOBH.

by Anonymousreply 60February 28, 2017 5:10 AM

This aging Academy Award winning actress not known for being pleasant was shopping for clothes this past weekend and told the sales person she had forgotten her glasses and was going to need some help with the price tags. For the next 45 minutes, our actress asked for one price after another almost non-stop. Our actress didn’t buy anything, but what made this bad experience worse was our actress’ cell phone rang and before answering, dug out her glasses from her purse so she could see who was calling and then walked out while talking away.

by Anonymousreply 61February 28, 2017 5:16 AM

R61 - and the sales clerks then had something to talk about for the next 3 months. Please, this is gossip fodder from the Gods..

by Anonymousreply 62February 28, 2017 5:27 AM

R60, do you mean Faye D. Resnick, lauded author of the classic Nicole Brown Simpson: The Private Diary Of A Life Interrupted?

by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2017 5:36 AM

R63 Yes, the fabulous Faye Resnick.

by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2017 5:47 AM

TCM has a one hour interview with her from last year that they still haven't aired. Hopefully this will make her hot again and they'll air it.

by Anonymousreply 65February 28, 2017 6:11 AM

Live from TCM Film Fest with Dunaway airs April 3rd! She did look fabulous last night. And she wore one dress on the red carpet then changed into the white gown to present Best Picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 28, 2017 6:29 AM

'If they wanted me to read the right fucking name they should've handed me the right fucking envelope'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 28, 2017 6:32 AM

Supposedly Faye and Warren went to Madonna's top secret, no media allowed, ultra A list Oscars after party that Madonna's been throwing since 2008 at her managers mansion

Jennifer Lawrence got drunk and threw up on Madonna's dress one year!

Too be a fly on the wall....

by Anonymousreply 68February 28, 2017 1:19 PM

[quote} Faye's Back on Top again!

As if that woman ever bottomed.

by Anonymousreply 69February 28, 2017 1:22 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 1, 2017 2:33 AM

'ganja'.....I meant (giggle).....exhale...

by Anonymousreply 71March 1, 2017 2:34 AM

I don't get the cashews joke.

by Anonymousreply 72March 1, 2017 2:38 AM

Faye was looking out at that audience like "where are the STARS???!!!"

by Anonymousreply 73March 1, 2017 2:43 AM

Has Faye presented much in the past?

She should have been the presenter the next year for Best Actor but for some reason they have Stallone doing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 1, 2017 2:48 AM

What Faye REALLY should've done was dress as Selena, demand the correct envelope and utter "If I don't get that envelope, there will be repercussions beyond your wildest nightmares! After all, look what I did to Halle Berry!"

by Anonymousreply 75March 1, 2017 3:29 AM

That was probably Faye's last appearance on any screen.

by Anonymousreply 76March 1, 2017 4:09 AM

This made me happy

Best actress nominee Meryl Streep (Florence Foster Jenkins) is parked by a wall with her husband, Don Gummer. They're having a private conversation as a security guard has the sole job of guiding people away from stepping on her dress.

As they're going through the program, Shirley MacLaine comes over to kiss them both. An assistant passes by and asks people to take their seats. The show is about to start.

Streep is people-watching as Matt Damon heads to the green room. Kate McKinnon walks by and calls out, "You are gorgeous" to Streep. Faye Dunaway stops by and introduces herself. "I so admire you," Streep tells her. Dunaway summons a photographer to take a picture. "Send me a copy!" she says. As Streeps passes Kimmel's dressing room on her way to her seat in the auditorium, the assembled writers burst into applause. She blushes and keeps walking.

by Anonymousreply 77March 4, 2017 10:40 PM

r72 Faye was at one of the after Oscar parties and was snacking on a plate of cashews and said "I fucked up."

by Anonymousreply 78March 4, 2017 10:44 PM

Send me a copy!

by Anonymousreply 79March 4, 2017 10:48 PM

Dooonnn't FUCK with me, Meryl!!

by Anonymousreply 80March 4, 2017 10:52 PM

R74 she was in a car accident in 1978 at the time of the Oscars therefore she couldn't crown Dreyfuss. She presented at the 88 Oscars I believe the best foreign film. So far only twice which is kind of strange.

by Anonymousreply 81March 4, 2017 10:59 PM

She should host the next Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 82March 4, 2017 11:23 PM

R82 "Welcome to the Emmys where we honor the best in recorded music!"

by Anonymousreply 83March 4, 2017 11:26 PM

She was so great in Supergirl as the witch.

by Anonymousreply 84March 4, 2017 11:43 PM

Faye hosting the Oscars would be a disaster! The winner is La La Land!

by Anonymousreply 85March 5, 2017 12:26 AM

Here's your Oscar. Now get! OUT! OUT!

by Anonymousreply 86March 5, 2017 1:01 AM

I'll get you for this PriceWaterhouseCoopers if it's the last thing I do! I'm in the middle of a comeback and you pull this shit? As for the Academy, it's time to reevaluate our relationship!

by Anonymousreply 87March 5, 2017 5:41 AM

Bottoms love those on top!

by Anonymousreply 88April 23, 2018 2:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!