Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Black Mirror - "San Junipero"

Did it win any awards, or is it up for any awards? My gosh, it's good.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2017

I love that episode. Beyond moving.

by Anonymousreply 102/20/2017

"Inside ‘San Junipero’: The Magical ‘Black Mirror’ Episode That Will Help Take Your Mind Off Trump"

by Anonymousreply 202/20/2017

I wonder what red-state conservative Trump supporters "see" when they watch this. Do they feel anything like compassion, empathy? Or is it just disgust?

by Anonymousreply 302/20/2017

My favorite episode but the whole show is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 402/20/2017

I think conservative evangelicals probably watch this and feel "compassion" for the characters' "misguidedness." Or some bullshit. They don't see their love.

by Anonymousreply 502/20/2017

r3 do Trump voters even understand how to use Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 602/21/2017

Why do the lesbians get all the good shows, while we are stuck with shit shows such as The Real O'Neals? It's not fair.

by Anonymousreply 702/21/2017

Bryce Dallas Howard's performance in "Nosedive" is the only high profile award Black Mirror's been nominated for. I, for one, thought she was incredible in her episode. I'm hoping they submit Gugu Mbatha-Raw for an Emmy, and the show itself for multiple others.

by Anonymousreply 802/21/2017

Bryce was nominated for the SAG, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 902/21/2017

A lot of people who watch TV who do not have the context for such things in real life (homophobes etc) are actually dying to watch such shows because their real-life world is so narrow. They don't really understand it, but they watch it. They watch a lot of TV.

by Anonymousreply 1002/21/2017

Can you watch this episode and get it without watching the whole series?

by Anonymousreply 1102/21/2017

Yes, R11 - it's an anthology show. None of the episodes are connected to other story lines.

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2017

Just watched this tonight. WOW. Great script and acting, and Gugu Mbatha-Raw was phenomenal. Better than most indie movies.

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2017

One of the best shows on right now. Junipero my favorite episode. Mindblowing!

by Anonymousreply 1412/06/2017

[quote] None of the episodes are connected to other story lines

Many of the stories are connected and occurring in the same society, making subtle references to other plotlines but not in a way that's essential to any indiviidual story.

Nosedive was written by Rashida Jones. It only stands to reason her episode would be the award winner.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2017

It won best tv movie this year at the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 1612/06/2017

[quote]Nosedive was written by Rashida Jones. It only stands to reason her episode would be the award winner.

I watched that last night after "San Junipero." Very sly and smart black comedy about our social media age. Rod Serling would have smiled.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!