Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Obese Female Hoarded Molded To Chair Again

SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio

An overweight, elderly woman relatives describe as a hoarder, was rescued Thursday from her home after not leaving her living room chair for at least a year, according to investigators.

A church volunteer who has delivered meals to Barbara Foster, 75, for a decade, called the fire department and said she wasn’t acting like herself, according to WKRN.

The volunteer had not seen Foster, who weighs 550 pounds, anywhere but in the living room chair since July, according to WTVG.

Investigators said Foster was stuck to the chair for at least a year, where she was surrounded by feces and urine. The odor from inside was so powerful first responders could smell it from the sidewalk, according to WTOL. Rescuers had to wear hazmat suits before they entered the house.

The smell was usual, the church volunteer said.

Foster was screaming when rescuers removed her because her skin had molded itself to the chair and her bones were breaking as they tried to carry her out of the house, according to WCMH.

Foster was a hoarder, Leirin Snyder, her neighbor and goddaughter, told WCMH, but she did not realize how bad things had gotten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 22, 2018 7:00 AM

Hoarder*

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2017 5:15 AM

This story doesn't make sense. What was she eating for six months while she was stuck to the chair?

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2017 5:26 AM

There's a lot missing from this story. For instance why did the rescuers need hazmat suits but the church volunteer didn't. Wouldn't the church volunteer have noticed the feces & urine smell long ago if she kept visiting her while she was living in her chair.

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2017 5:35 AM

Pics?

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2017 5:41 AM

Why didn't the lady just tell the volunteer "Hey, need a little help here. I'm stuck to this chair"

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2017 5:43 AM

Yeah, how was she eating?? Maybe "molded" for a week?

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2017 5:47 AM

Always a white woman. Why?

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2017 5:51 AM

That poor chair.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2017 5:55 AM

The church volunteer delivered the meals. She probably assumed the rancid stench was from the hoarding. She probably didn't wear a hazmat suit because she didn't realise she needed to. How she managed to push past the rancid smell to deliver the food is mind blowing.

The other astonishing part is that it took her a year to realise the old woman was pretty much stuck to the freaking chair.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2017 6:07 AM

Gotta hand it to church volunteers - very dedicated.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2017 6:10 AM

If she was urinating and defecating on herself for a year, how did she not get an infection before this?

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2017 6:13 AM

Do we really want to know r2 ?

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2017 6:21 AM

That rancid smell comes from the excoriated skin underneath their rolls of fat. It's basically rotting meat.

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2017 6:24 AM

And for a whole year she greeted the nice church volunteer wearing the exact same outfit.

But beyond scrutinizing this as a possible mainstream media ES , some people do live in conditions you wouldn't guess initially. It's tv drama but episode S3E1 of Nip/Tuck dealt with this type of situation, apparently based on a real case.

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2017 6:25 AM

She ate Gilbert Grape.

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2017 6:26 AM

This is not the first time this has happened. Going into a hoarder's house just to deliver a meal you would expect to be confronted by a foul smell. Stuck to a chair by excrement? Not so much. But the smell would have been just as awful even if you didn't know the true situation. How could you differentiate it without prior experience? First I sniggered, then snorted, giggled, and outright guffawed at this story.

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2017 6:27 AM

The story that first brought me to DL was about a woman stuck to a couch. I've come full circle.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2017 6:30 AM

Mostly I laugh at the "Again" in the title.

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2017 6:31 AM

R17 hopefully you've moved from your chair since then ;).

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2017 6:34 AM

Why didn't someone report this to a local agency that deals with senior services? They could have sent someone to assess her, and get her the care she needs.

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2017 6:34 AM

I prefer "bonding with her chair."

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2017 6:36 AM

I lived in a shoe with a bunch of kids. Nobody ever helped me.

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2017 6:38 AM

From the volunteer's perspective, don't try to mess with the Lord's good plan, I suppose?

I agree, one of the usual benefits of those "meals on wheels" services for seniors living by themselves is the regular visits and opportunity to notice changes in illness or situation. The family who may not live close by probably figured she had that safety net since she had someone visiting every day...

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2017 6:42 AM

EVERY senior citizen, especially those living alone, needs the Life Alert system.

No matter where here family lives, the need to be more vigilant. They need to provide a safety net, instead of depending on the "kindness of strangers."

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2017 6:50 AM

So it made me google obese people molded to furniture. Not as unusual as you might think. I worked a case in a hospital once, a 700 lb man who'd been living there and probably always would be. He had elephant hide.

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2017 6:57 AM

What does this have to do with being gay? Why are you posting this here? Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2017 7:01 AM

She needs one of these recliners with an "eject" button.

Or a built-in toilet, like one of those litter boxes that washes the magic crystals after you finish your "business."

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2017 7:03 AM

So that fat, gay people who live alone will realize the importance of having a fully charged cell phone with them at all times, r26.

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2017 7:06 AM

"Foster was a hoarder, Leirin Snyder, her neighbor and goddaughter, told WCMH, but she did not realize how bad things had gotten."

Her neighbor/goddaughter didn't realize how bad things had gotten?

How many calories was she able to continue to consume, in that condition?

I don't know that a Life Alert would have mattered in this situation, since it seems she was regularly in contact with the volunteer.

So much sadness and gross stuff out there.

by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2017 7:07 AM

I worked in a nursing home while I was in college. It was shocking to see the condition that many new residents arrived in. Why don't these families pay closer attention? I got so sick of hearing "she said she was fine, I just never imagined........." If family members can't be there, they need to find someone who can check on them regularly.

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2017 7:14 AM

If you're molded to a chair, how can your feces some out?

by Anonymousreply 31February 19, 2017 8:24 AM

How obese was she to begin with that after a year of only eating what the church volunteer brought her, she was still obese?

I wonder at what point everything went so wrong in her life that she began hoarding and was so obese she eventually found herself sitting in her own shit for a year.

by Anonymousreply 32February 19, 2017 9:46 AM

Some people are so ashamed and depressed that they don't ask for help and some volunteers, either because they are too self-centered or don't want to intrude, don't take action when they are not asked for assistance or help even when it's obvious that the patient or client needs help.

Quite frankly I am surprised nobody made a blog (are they still a thing?), instagram, or tumblr about the lady stuck in her chair documenting her deterioating process in this social media obsessed times.

by Anonymousreply 33February 19, 2017 11:05 AM

As soon as I got to "feces and urine" I stopped reading.

by Anonymousreply 34February 19, 2017 11:07 AM

It was God's will.

by Anonymousreply 35February 19, 2017 11:26 AM

Did she mail in her vote for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 36February 19, 2017 12:31 PM

This story is very hard to believe, and many on here have pointed out why.

Unless her meals were delivered via drones, it's impossible for anyone not to notice that she was sitting in a pile of crap.

If you're shitting in the same chair for a year, wouldn't the feces pile up until they either block you from having another bowel movement, or until your head reaches the ceiling one day?

As someone else pointed out, wouldn't you die of an infection a few months in?

This all sounds like an Alex Jones story.

by Anonymousreply 37February 19, 2017 1:18 PM

When my six pound cat takes a dump, the whole house reeks.

by Anonymousreply 38February 19, 2017 1:41 PM

Wanna know what reeks? That a thread entitled The Left's Fetish with Islam was shut down and closed10 minutes after being created.

by Anonymousreply 39February 19, 2017 1:45 PM

How old was the church volunteer? Something's seriously wrong with her for going in this house day after day and not picking up a phone, or even reporting the situation to the person who heads up the meal program. I can't believe she didn't do anything. She could have even simply called the police, and they would have sent an officer out on a "check on the welfare" call.

by Anonymousreply 40February 19, 2017 1:47 PM

[quote]A church volunteer who has delivered meals to Barbara Foster, 75, for a decade

And that cunt never once called the authorities.

Fuck Christianity.

by Anonymousreply 41February 19, 2017 1:49 PM

R39 = Miss Lohan

by Anonymousreply 42February 19, 2017 1:49 PM

Okay. I NEED to see this. NOW. Video, pictures or Dr. Phil, I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 43February 19, 2017 1:56 PM

[quote]If you're molded to a chair, how can your feces some out?

How do you think she got molded to the chair?

by Anonymousreply 44February 19, 2017 1:59 PM

So an active vegan like Gary Schandling drops dead of a heart attack in his 60s and this one is still alive?

by Anonymousreply 45February 19, 2017 2:01 PM

Pfffft! I was molded to a couch for 6 years. Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 46February 19, 2017 2:06 PM

The church volunteer was a MAN !

He obviously wasn't a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 47February 19, 2017 2:11 PM

They should investigate the kindly church worker. Man or woman, it might well be a sociopath who drug and bullied that woman permanently into that chair.

by Anonymousreply 48February 19, 2017 2:13 PM

LOL r37 !

"Until her head reaches the ceiling . . . . ."

by Anonymousreply 49February 19, 2017 2:14 PM

It was an April Fool's Day prank that went seriously wrong, r48.

He superglued her to the chair.

Didn't he think to bring air freshener?

by Anonymousreply 50February 19, 2017 2:16 PM

R37 cracked me up too. This sounds like true fake news.

by Anonymousreply 51February 19, 2017 2:21 PM

There was another case of someone who was on the toilet for 5 years. She was living with someone.

I think in these small towns, they are all kind of crazy so no one knows what sanity is. A life alert or cell phone wouldn't help; they don't know what is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 52February 19, 2017 2:40 PM

I'm thinking a lot of DLers reading this thinking "There but for the grace of god..."

by Anonymousreply 53February 19, 2017 2:42 PM

R40, he prayed for her! What more do you want?

by Anonymousreply 54February 19, 2017 2:44 PM

Oops the toilet one was 2 years, and yes, her skin had grown around it.

She lived with a boyfriend. He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

“And her reply would be, ‘Maybe tomorrow."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 19, 2017 2:44 PM

oops wrong thread but it works here a little bit too

by Anonymousreply 56February 19, 2017 2:46 PM

It's obviously some sort of deep mental illness. The weird part are the reactions of the people around

by Anonymousreply 57February 19, 2017 2:48 PM

R55 We can be sure the toilet was not that immaculate. This thread has brought out the best of DL. Is 53 too young for LifeAlert? I'm not obese or stuck to anything (yet), but I live alone and sometimes wonder if I should get it.

by Anonymousreply 58February 19, 2017 2:48 PM

[Quote] Oops the toilet one was 2 years, and yes, her skin had grown around it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 19, 2017 3:09 PM

More importantly, what was on her Netflix queue?

by Anonymousreply 60February 19, 2017 3:14 PM

Who wants her things?

by Anonymousreply 61February 19, 2017 3:24 PM

R54 and endless supply of turkey and dressing. Don't forget the pumpkin pie.

by Anonymousreply 62February 19, 2017 4:13 PM

Oh good grief she's an old lady welded to a chair by her own fat, show a little sympathy. At least she isn't out having load after load of AIDS infested cum up her cunt, then bitching about the price of antiretrovirals.

by Anonymousreply 63February 19, 2017 4:16 PM

What was she charging for in-calls?

by Anonymousreply 64February 19, 2017 4:36 PM

R63 That's because no one could find their way up there without a roadmap and a spreader.

She sounds like Howard Walowitz's mother.

by Anonymousreply 65February 19, 2017 6:03 PM

Hmm, it appears that evolution was sleeping at the wheel once more.

by Anonymousreply 66February 19, 2017 6:16 PM

Apparently this is a true story. The neighbors as usual had no idea what was going on.

The smell of human excrement reached the sidewalk as emergency responders worked to remove a 550-pound elderly woman from her living room chair Thursday evening.

Ms. Foster's neighbors flocked to their front lawns Thursday evening to witness the commotion

Bill and Honey Malik have lived on the block since 1995 and said they didn't know Ms. Foster's name until this week.

"We didn't know her," Mr. Malik said. "I've never seen her at all."

Also here's the church volunteer story: A volunteer with Our Lady of Lourdes church, where Ms. Foster was also a member, told investigators he had delivered food to her home for the past 10 years. He said he was used to the smell but called 911 on Thursday because Ms. Foster was "not acting herself," according to the sheriff's office report.

by Anonymousreply 67February 19, 2017 6:24 PM

The volunteer reported that she wasn't her usual rotting, glued-to-the-chair-by-her-own-feces self.

by Anonymousreply 68February 19, 2017 6:32 PM

If he was leaving the food on a table, she must not have been fused. Maybe they are exaggerating. Or did the worker hand it to her in her chair. If so, this story makes ZERO sense. And that church worker should be investigated.

by Anonymousreply 69February 19, 2017 6:37 PM

As with many others who have already posted, my thoughts are the woman who was molded to the chair obviously had psychological problems, but WTF was wrong with the neighbor/relative and the church volunteer? Neither of them as well as anyone else who might have had semi-regular contact with this woman never noticed that this was beyond normal even for her?

by Anonymousreply 70February 19, 2017 7:02 PM

She'll probably have to be buried in a piano case.

by Anonymousreply 71February 19, 2017 7:05 PM

[quote]Oh good grief she's an old lady welded to a chair by her own fat, show a little sympathy.

Sympathy? For someone who chose to sit in a chair long enough to literally become part of it?

Nah, I'm good.

by Anonymousreply 72February 19, 2017 7:29 PM

[quote]The church volunteer was a MAN ! He obviously wasn't a gay man.

Are you kidding?

"I just bring the food. Anything else is Not. MY. Problem."

by Anonymousreply 73February 19, 2017 8:41 PM

Maybe it was a Barcalounger recliner, where she could just flip the lever, tilt backwards, and dump another load of feces to the rear of her chair.

by Anonymousreply 74February 19, 2017 9:10 PM

R72 She was 75 years old and so alone in the world that her neighbors didn't know her name and she was visited by a volunteer who didn't even ask if she needed help getting out of her chair. I do feel bad for the poor woman.

by Anonymousreply 75February 19, 2017 9:13 PM

He may have asked r75, we don't know. Chances are she was too mortified to admit she was sitting in her own shit. How many other people would have pushed passed the stench and clambered over the hoard to deliver her food day in and day out. It's easy to criticise but it's more than anyone else did. Her neighbors who could smell the stench from the street certainly never checked in on her.

by Anonymousreply 76February 19, 2017 9:40 PM

But seriously: how can one human being put off such an intensity of foul odors that they could be smelled fifty feet outside of a closed building? 20-30 humans? Ok, that would be very possible, but one? Ye gods.

by Anonymousreply 77February 19, 2017 9:44 PM

Maybe the volunteer had that condition where the sense of smell is very weak or inexistant. Would be a good candidate for those type of situations.

by Anonymousreply 78February 19, 2017 9:48 PM

[quote]Ms. Foster's neighbors flocked to their front lawns Thursday evening to witness the commotion.

I like picturing something like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 19, 2017 9:51 PM

I'll bet that's exactly how it went down r79 except they held hands over their noses.

by Anonymousreply 80February 19, 2017 10:18 PM

That volunteer was probably the *only* one who would deliver to her house.

Do we know how old he is? Maybe he's very young and stupid? Hell, he could even be retarded! [insert obligatory "he'd have to be, to be a Xtian"]

Google tells me that Springfield Township only has a population of maybe 40k, so it's a pretty big town / tiny city. Maybe there are very few resources available for such a situation, or at least none that he knew of?

I'm not excusing him, I definitely think he should have acted sooner, but sometimes people just don't know what to do.

by Anonymousreply 81February 19, 2017 10:57 PM

[quote]For someone who chose to sit in a chair long enough to literally become part of it?

I had a former co-worker from West Virginia who had some distant aunt or some relation who got into a similar situation. The difference was her family took care of her, and they cut out the center of the seat of the chair and raised it on a platform so they could pull out a sort of kitty-litter tray for cleaning. This is all according to him, but... I've watched him put away an entire bag of spicy fried pig entrails for lunch at his desk, so I believe him.

by Anonymousreply 82February 20, 2017 12:23 AM

Please tell me this is not the death of poo shoes💩👼

by Anonymousreply 83February 20, 2017 1:09 AM

If the only food she had access to was what was delivered to her and handed to her in her chair it couldn't have been more than one small meal a day. How did she stay so heavy? I'm sure they weren't bringing her bags of Big Macs and buckets of KFC or huge portions of soda or chips, or any for that matter. Meals delivered to sick and elderly are usually small and fairly healthy, a small portion of protein, a little rice or potato and a vegetable. Maybe a small roll and a very plain dessert, usually a tiny portion of canned fruit or a single small cookie. If she couldn't get out of the chair that had to be all she had to eat for the day. Again, I ask, how could she stay fat. Something must be very physically wrong with her.

She has my compassion. She must be very sick mentally and probably physically too for this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 84February 20, 2017 1:15 AM

I asked the same question r84. According the news story I read she was stuck to the chair for the last 7 months, not a year. My guess is she probably started off at around 600 pounds and so a drop of even 50 pounds meant she was still incredibly obese. The more baffling part was the man had been delivering food to her house for the last 10 years, prior to her getting stuck and I assume that was because she wasn't very mobile. But how did that work? Was she putting in an order with the volunteer and he was just buying the mountains of food she needed or was she also ordering pizza etc? There's no way she'd be morbidly obese on what a church group normally provides.

by Anonymousreply 85February 20, 2017 1:40 AM

Ohio is the other Florida, right?

by Anonymousreply 86February 20, 2017 1:54 AM

That was my first thought too, r83. Specifically, "Is that in Vegas?" Except that there is no way she could maintain a relationship with anyone for ten years, not even Baby Jesus and his food delivery minions. She'd have started telling them how to run their church, do their deliveries, schedule their volunteers, breathe, etc. Remember, she's "trained in the hard sciences and knows quite a few MIT and Vatican Food Delivery Scientists."

by Anonymousreply 87February 20, 2017 1:57 AM

The volunteer called 911 because she wasn't smelling like her usual self.

How did this woman not suffocate from the smell of her own stench?

Talk about a natural appetite suppressant. . . . .How could she even eat with the odor of a rotting corpse permeating the room?

by Anonymousreply 88February 20, 2017 5:18 AM

The volunteer should have called Adult Protective Services long ago.

by Anonymousreply 89February 20, 2017 5:40 AM

I knew I'd see this on DL

by Anonymousreply 90February 20, 2017 6:13 AM

Wow. So many questions. How did she stay so fat eating so little? Why didn't the volunteer report it sooner? What did she do on days the volunteer didn't show up? Did she have a cell phone, a TV or computer? Are there rats in the home? Would she have died if the guy suddenly stopped visiting?

Didn't the volunteer ever think it was odd that he brought food for months to Jabba the Hut wearing the same clothes, sitting in the same spot, getting greasier day by day.....with piles of the food containers he brought strewn around her?

The old woman is ill. What's the volunteer's excuse?

by Anonymousreply 91February 20, 2017 8:30 AM

When I worked in home health hospice, I encountered a lot of people who spent their whole lives in recliners. Families would line them with absorbent pads. Big challenge was bathing. These people would argue from here to Christmas to avoid getting up for any reason.

And, yes, there was a smell...

by Anonymousreply 92February 20, 2017 9:44 AM

When I was a little kid, I was frequently babysat by my elderly aunt Mary and her sister Nellie, who lived together.

Mary was thin and frail, but very hardworking and did everything around the house and yard [including a great vegetable garden]. Nellie was very fat and literally just sat in her recliner all day, every day. However, she did get up periodically to use the bathroom, and she didn't smell foul so I'd assume she bathed regularly as well, or perhaps Mary would sponge bathe her.

Their home didn't stink, either, except the typical stuffy "old-person smell" because it was always closed up with little fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 93February 20, 2017 8:13 PM

R93 that's different to this situation. Your aunts weren't hoarders. And your aunt obviously didn't shit herself. And unless you aunt wasnt so overweight she couldn't get out of a chair or too fat to stand in a shower, chances are she bathed.

by Anonymousreply 94February 20, 2017 8:18 PM

One again, the perils of vinyl upholstery rear it's ugly head. Was her home ever photographed for one of the better shelter magazines? Did she decorate in neutral shades with brown accents? Did she feel Mario Buatta was a bit garish so she went in another direction? Perhaps a room full of Stickley furniture would have suited her better.

by Anonymousreply 95February 20, 2017 8:32 PM

If she was a hoarder, she may have had mice and cockroaches before this even happened. She must have been crawling with bugs and possibly rodents.

I feel really sorry for her. I can't imagine what her life has been like to get to this.

by Anonymousreply 96February 20, 2017 9:59 PM

I must be a "glutton" for punishment because I actually googled it.

by Anonymousreply 97February 20, 2017 10:13 PM

After all this excitement I bet she can't wait to get home and put her feet up.

by Anonymousreply 98February 20, 2017 11:15 PM

It's those recliner chairs, isn't it? When they started making them it was the sign.

by Anonymousreply 99February 20, 2017 11:46 PM

Paging Dr. Now...

by Anonymousreply 100February 21, 2017 3:42 AM

enough with this annoying thread

by Anonymousreply 101February 21, 2017 3:43 AM

This woman wasn't getting to the bank, so how was she paying her bills, like the light bill? Did she do it online from her nasty chair or was this non-observant friend dropping a check in the mailbox for her? Imagine if dirty chair sitter didn't wash any part of her body or brushed her teeth in years. She must have been a crusty yellow toothed horror.

by Anonymousreply 102February 21, 2017 6:41 AM

[quote]It's tv drama but episode S3E1 of Nip/Tuck dealt with this type of situation, apparently based on a real case.

Christian was rarely and gallantly kind and sympathetic. He treated her with dignity.

by Anonymousreply 103February 21, 2017 7:32 AM

R102 she was paying her bills until 7 months ago when she became stuck in the chair.

by Anonymousreply 104February 21, 2017 7:44 AM

I had a neighbor like this at a former apartment I lived at. She didn't have a car and would regularly ask me to take her to the store. She was obese too and in her 70's, and a hoarder as well, but probably more in the 375 lb range. I genuinely felt bad for her, but the stench on her and in her apartment was atrocious - and it continuously got worse and worse over time. I had to roll my windows down whenever she got into my car and I had to hold my breath when carrying her groceries into her apartment. The sad thing is they probably don't even realize how bad they and their dwelling smells because they're so used to it. She lived a few units down from me, and the smell was so bad that if I happened to be walking out of my apartment at the same time as her, the smell would still hit you like a ton of bricks.

by Anonymousreply 105February 21, 2017 7:52 AM

She must have been riddled with self loathing r105. It was compassionate of you to help her out.

by Anonymousreply 106February 21, 2017 8:33 AM

This thread is KILLING me. R68, it is way too late at night for me to be howling with laughter the way your post made me do.

by Anonymousreply 107February 22, 2017 7:39 AM

Seriously, I haven't laughed this hard in months. I'm wheezing (and I'm not even obese, or elderly).

by Anonymousreply 108February 22, 2017 7:51 AM

I bet the bitch voted for Trump.

On an absentee ballot.

Without ever unsticking from her couch!

by Anonymousreply 109February 22, 2017 8:07 AM

But can she start a fire?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 21, 2018 12:50 PM

How come this only ever happens in the US?

by Anonymousreply 111April 21, 2018 12:55 PM

People like this are like "yo mama's so fat" jokes come to life.

by Anonymousreply 112April 21, 2018 3:36 PM

Ryan Murphy is busy planning Season 2 of 911 and you just know he is checking with you-know-who as to her availability to guest star in an episode based on this incident!

by Anonymousreply 113April 21, 2018 4:29 PM

R111 - It doesn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 21, 2018 6:08 PM

A leg has been amputated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 21, 2018 6:33 PM

R7 Excuse me?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 22, 2018 5:36 AM

If this is true, it's extremely disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 117April 22, 2018 5:49 AM

So she had been shutting and peeing in that chair for a year and no one bothered to call the hearth department? That is simply insane. Seems like no onevcared about her at all. I feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 118April 22, 2018 6:07 AM

Does she wash herself with a rag on a stick?

by Anonymousreply 119April 22, 2018 6:08 AM

The big question is, who will get the chair now?

by Anonymousreply 120April 22, 2018 6:09 AM

[quote]Perhaps a room full of Stickley furniture would have suited her better.

I love DL. Threads like this make up for all the lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 121April 22, 2018 6:13 AM

> Ohio is the other Florida, right?

R86, Ohio is the ORIGINAL "Florida". Seriously. Everything that Florida is now, OHIO was in the 19th Century. Land & real-estate scams, explosive population growth, political incompetence and/or corruption.... you name it, Ohio was doing it before Florida was even a state.

Factoid: pre-Cuban-revolution, most Miamians who lived south of the Miami River were descendants of former Ohioans. Florida's oldest-money families are almost all originally from Ohio.

Google: Julia Tuttle, Mary Brickell, the entire Matheson family, Barron G. Collier (Naples), Henry Flagler... just to name a few. It's NOT a coincidence that there's a Miami, Ohio.

Trivia: Amtrak is planning to launch its first major new route in years when it gets its first batch of new Viewliner II sleeper cars in 2020... Ohio to Florida via Washington, DC (basically, running the existing Capitol Limited all the way to Florida, instead of turning it around in DC).

by Anonymousreply 122April 22, 2018 6:53 AM

Hoarder stories are all the same. Family avoids acknowledging/dealing with it until so far gone they can get/hire/insurance pay outsiders to deal with it. Cluck, cluck, didn’t know/realize/we have our own lives/etc. May be candidate for reality show?!? Now a disease/phobia/PTSD/mental illness/improper loss grieving/fear of loss, change, familiarity etc./. Introduce victim counseling, it’s not your fault, change is hard, you have a problem we must cater to, understand, empathize with, remove all your responsibility from. Can we at least remove your garbage bags? And why exactly are you SAVING your bags of garbage? I mean real garbage, like empty cans, milk cartons, used Kleenex, bottles filled with pee etc.

by Anonymousreply 123April 22, 2018 7:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!