Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone use Skinn skincare? I'm watching it on Evine right now. The products look great and affordable !

The owner is on and he's a fab queen! His name is Dimitri James. Why haven't we talked about him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 16, 2018 4:29 AM

He bears a familial resemblance to that guy you all hate.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2017 10:12 PM

I do. I look great. I would fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2017 10:13 PM

RIGHT NOW! He's fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2017 10:14 PM

Who, R1?

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2017 10:14 PM

Yeah, r1, you make it sound as if he looks like Milo. Who do we hate who looks like this?

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2017 10:29 PM

Oh, you know...that guy on youtube who's always in his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2017 10:30 PM

Davey Wavey. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2017 10:32 PM

You use Evine Skinn cream, and sometimes you wear L'Air du Temps but not today.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2017 10:33 PM

yum-oooooooooooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2017 11:53 PM

I have used most of the products in the kit the OP linked, as well as a few more; I was taken in by his presentation on TV a few years ago.

I found the textures thick and greasy, as well as heavily scented. The Orchid gel was amazing - for about one hour, then the effect wore off, as if I hadn't applied anything at all. L'Oreal Miracle Blur works better. The 24-hour cream just sat on my skin, no matter what I did, with an odd greasy-slimy consistency, and occasionally would ball up. Oddly, it didn't moisturize very well at all.

I finished the products and saw absolutely no difference in my skin - not even a little, and I was using about 11 of his products (two different kits) together at the same time. I've been more impressed with products from Olay and Neutrogena than this line.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2017 12:11 AM

Dimitri's products are good and affordable. Used them for a while. I use other stuff now, but I would go back.

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2017 12:25 AM

Didn't he used to shill a different line - Parthenon - years ago?

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2017 12:27 AM

Have you heard of Nerium?

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2017 12:28 AM

this r12?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2017 2:33 AM

He can't possibly be gay! I don't believe it!

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2017 2:41 AM

Love Dmitri. His products are okay, but they are indeed cheap. They are more targeted towards menopausal women with dry skin, and that is why the seem heavy/oily.

My favorite queens of Evine are the Fabulous Beekman Boys and their baby goats. I will plan an entire weekend around their shows when they are scheduled to appear. And their goat milk products are superb, They are just as appropriate for men as they are for women too.

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2017 3:05 AM

he's on!

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2017 4:24 PM

He's been selling this stuff for over 20 years. Parthena was on that really low rent Shop At Home channel in the Nineties.

He sold Seaweed Soap that he swore would make the pounds melt away in the shower!

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2017 4:32 PM

So r18 he's a snake oil salesman?

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2017 6:07 PM

Yes, for over 20 years!

He actually made it to Home Shopping Network in the Late Nineties. He changed the name from "Parthena" to "Dimitri James- Something" like it was his exclusive new brand.

Same crap as on Shop At Home but with a new designer name.

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2017 7:27 PM

You can probably achieve the same results using Targets house brand (Up & Up) moistureizer for 1/10th the cost.

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2017 8:22 PM

[quote] moistureizer

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2017 8:25 PM

[Quote] He changed the name from "Parthena"

He actually sold the brand and company.

[Quote] to "Dimitri James- Something" like it was his exclusive new brand.

SKINN

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2017 9:31 PM

I'll stay with cosmetic line of Robin McGraw, Dr. Phil's wife, whose beautiful skin is the result of cosmetic surgery not her products.

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2017 9:50 PM

Forget this garbage and get some retin-a! It's the only topical that has been shown to actually reduce fine lines. decades of research and results prove that it works. Get it from Canada if you must (it's around $120 for a 45 gram tube in the US).

Remember it will dry out your skin so make sure you have a rich moisturizer like Eucerin Original Healing Cream for night time and lighter one for dav like Cerave cream.

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2017 10:02 PM

R23 There's more to the story.

Parthena was a partnership with Jorge (a beauty advisor Dimitri worked with) and Francesca (a manager at Nordstrom). It was really successful until around 2002, when JC Penney approached Dimitri and asked him to create an exclusive line for them. Dimitri then ditched Jorge and Francesca to go solo with Skinn by exercising his right to sell off his share in Parthena. Jorge was pissed off; Francesca was more hurt than angry and got 'weird' for a few years, eventually getting involved in New Age ideology and life coaches. Neither speaks to Dimitri anymore.

Karma bit Dimitri in the ass, though - JC Penney had a management shuffle before SKINN hit the shelves, and decided to exit cosmetics altogether, so SKINN had no counters after all. The inventory was already sitting in warehouses, so Dimitri took it back to HSN (or SAH; it was on ShopNBC for a while, too, and changed networks a few times). Though financially, all of them made out really well; Jorge and Francesca mostly retired.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2017 10:12 PM

R25 A few studies are suggesting Retin-A has acute toxicity and may be deadly in the long term. See #2 on the link.

[italics]Table 1. Cumulative Deaths among 1131 Study Participants,shows that the retinoid treated group consistently had an excess number of deaths compared to the placebo group: by April 2004, there were 135 deaths: 82 (14%) deaths in retinoid group compared to 53 (9%) placebo. Before the end of intervention in 2004 the deaths climbed to 184: 108 (19%) deaths in retinoid group compared to 76 (14%) placebo. And by the end of study (follow-up phase) there were 212 deaths: 122 (22%) deaths in retinoid group compared to 90 (16%) placebo.[/italics]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2017 10:19 PM

He's so manly!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2017 10:21 PM

His hair in this infomercial looks like it's been sprayed with Ron Popeil's GLH...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2017 10:22 PM

r26, you sure do have the dirt on him. Do you know him?

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2017 10:46 PM

[quote] Karma bit Dimitri in the ass

R26, is Karma a person involved in the saga you described or one of the beauty products?

by Anonymousreply 31February 19, 2017 10:48 PM

[Quote] He's so manly!

And yummy, right?

by Anonymousreply 32February 19, 2017 10:49 PM

I want to try it.

by Anonymousreply 33March 11, 2017 10:11 PM

Queeny.

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2017 6:41 PM

I get the feeling the product is nothing special but his shopping channel sessions are hypnotic.

by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2018 7:20 AM

[quote]I get the feeling the product is nothing special but his shopping channel sessions are hypnotic.

What's really terrifying is, in my experience, they kind of ALL are (!)

PS: Am proud to say I only ever ordered anything off TV [italic]once.

by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2018 7:49 AM

omg from watching those vids of him ide never buy a thing she is selling.....

by Anonymousreply 37February 11, 2018 7:55 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 38May 16, 2018 4:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!