Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What characteristics make someone a DL troll?

Before joining the DL, I thought of a troll as someone who tries to cause trouble or posts deliberately inflammatory stuff. Or maybe a person who is a bit of a trickster, like when Sean Cody featured a group scene with FOUR BOTTOMS.

But on DL, it seems that we call people trolls just because we disagree with them or we are bored by their thread.

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2018 6:23 PM

OP, are you the Blowjob Gif troll?

by Anonymousreply 1February 3, 2017 7:11 PM

It's also used for people who are obsessed about a particular subject.

by Anonymousreply 2February 3, 2017 7:17 PM

OP, you are correct. As far as I can tell there are TWO major trolls on this site.

1. The anti-Trump troll. No matter if you voted for Hillary and now think it might be a good idea to get behind the President based on his economic policy and protest if his anti-gay policy shows up, this cretin rants and raves and declares EVERYONE should FF your post. He asks how can one be gay and pro-Trump to some degree and that we SHOULDN'T be posting on a gay site with those political views. Quite as if we all signed a political pledge when we gave DL our credit card number for our monthly donation. He's a real asshole.

2. The Zionist Troll. This guy thinks that if you believe the Israeli government is guilty of war crimes and is an illegal occupier of sovereign Palestinian territory, you must be an anti-Semite. This guy will totally ignore the fact that the Israeli government annexes PRIVATELY OWNED PALESTINIAN LAND, bulldozes its olive trees, forces the family WHO OWNS THE LAND OUT is somehow allowed to do this because "God" gave the Jews that land. He's an asshole, too.

by Anonymousreply 3February 3, 2017 7:22 PM

R1 I used that GIF because I never tire of seeing it and suspect that only a sex phobic queen or frau would object.

by Anonymousreply 4February 3, 2017 7:26 PM

Sadly, DL is fast becoming an echo chamber for almost every subject: politics, entertainment...you name it. Someone tried to run me off a thread because I had a negative opinion of a show that I just binged. Anyone else who also had a negative opinion was also attacked. I also noticed a lot of stalking from thread to thread happening too.

by Anonymousreply 5February 3, 2017 7:31 PM

all answers are in this thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 3, 2017 7:36 PM
by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2018 6:18 PM

I never tire of OP's gif. NEVER!

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2018 6:21 PM

I agree with the Anti-Trump Troll.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2018 6:22 PM

Oh great, we have a troll thread bumper now.

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2018 6:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!