Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Troll Infestation Here Today

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be an army of trolls on here today, bumping up inane two- and three-year-old threads? (Ashley Olson, John Edwards....)

What's up with that? Is it a ham-handed effort to distract us from the political clusterfuck that's rightfully occupying most posters' minds right now?

It's doesn't seem to be just one poster doing this -- either they keep hopping from device to device, or there's a troll farm at work. I can't keep up with the "ignore" button!

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2018 6:17 PM

Yeah, I wondered about that too, OP, and questioned it in a couple of the threads. No response from the bumper, of course.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2017 11:30 AM

Yep, trolls. I noted it yesterday in another thread, that someone wants to knock the political threads off Page One.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2017 11:34 AM

It's the right wing trolls and the Putin trolls.

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2017 11:40 AM

I suspect it is someone sick of all the political threads. Who can blame him?

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2017 11:44 AM

I suspect it works like this: there are lots of right-wingers who get their thrills trolling all sorts of message boards and forums, and they keep these sites in their favorites folder.

Then whenever they come to DL to troll, they see the old threads they once posted on in the "watched" column on the right, jump directly into those threads and post some bullshit along the lines of "I don't agree".

I'd like to F&F them all, but too much use of that button gets one banned.

And r4, if politics isn't your greatest concern right now, you probably don't belong on a gay website that mentions politics in its logo. May I recommend Grindr?

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2017 11:48 AM

Ruining the entire board out of spite is 100% a Trumpster move r4. Yeah, I blame him.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2017 11:48 AM

There are some very helpful buttons to the right...like f/f, block poster, and block thread. It's a little work, but works wonderfully.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2017 11:52 AM

The POOP trols got me constipated.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2017 11:55 AM

You can block the bumper but threads he bumps still show on your timeline.

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2017 11:57 AM

Putin back at work.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2017 12:01 PM

It's not a right winger trying to distract. DL is down about 250K monthly visitors and it's Alexa ranking has dropped 15K since DL has become All Trump All the Time. The resistance can be formed (and even better since the message will be focused) in fewer daily threads. And I say as someone who participates in some of the political discussions.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2017 12:09 PM

It's a troll r11. Inaccurate Alexa rankings have nothing to do with anything.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2017 12:14 PM

It's Erna, r12, and he's been on DL far longer than most of you. The 250k monthly drop isn't just from Alexa. And Alexa does it's own rankings based on it's own algorithm. So it did drop 15k based on Alexa's collection of data from all websites. So the trend is very accurate. And the drop is coming from the US. US participation here is down below 50% when once it was close to 90%.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2017 12:23 PM

It's a single DLer, not a troll farm.

They bumped the Ashley Olsen Lyme Disease thread, for example, and the ignore-dar trick shows them as the OP of "Women with Stupid Ass Name Nominated For Oscar" and "Flush your acting career down the toilet!" as well as a bunch of really weak parody threads.

They also started a thread yesterday complaining about stupid threads.

That's your troll, guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2017 12:25 PM

[quote]It's Erna

No, it's not. I've been on DL 14-ish years and am sadly all too familiar with MPC. This is not MPC. It's the person I posted about in R14.

by Anonymousreply 15January 27, 2017 12:27 PM

R15, you obviously haven't gone into the bumped threads or you are flat out lying about being here for 14 years. He's asking for sizemeat verificata in one and signed off as Erna in several others.

by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2017 12:33 PM

[quote]you obviously haven't gone into the bumped threads or you are flat out lying about being here for 14 years. He's asking for sizemeat verificata in one and signed off as Erna in several others.

Yeah, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. You're the dude who said that more women voted for Trump than Clinton yesterday, and you lost your goddamned mind when called out on it, saying it was just a mistake and you hoped someone shit all over me when I made an innocent, honest mistake like you had just done.

And here you are, trying to prove I've made a huge mistake. Another amazing coincidence!

The ignore-dar trick is there for everyone to use, they can figure it out on their own and decide for themselves. But if you've been here a long time like you claim, you'd know a whole lot of us have asked for sizemeat verificatia over the years, but just using that phrase doesn't mean someone is MPC.

by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2017 12:42 PM

Yup, r17, and you are the obsessed and unhinged finger wagger.

by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2017 12:47 PM

Blocking OP and his paranoid, Trump-obsessed kind. Obviously too lazy and pathetic to leave the house to protest so he has to come for people who commit the mortal sin of not talking about Trump 24 hours a day 7 days a week. There's a difference between "rightful" political discussion and outright hijacking threads and policing what other people should do or think. Its mentally ILL to wallow in doom-and-gloom hysteria and do nothing to help the movement. Go out and PROTEST. Do something worthwhile instead of obsessing over what gets posted or bumped on an obscure gay forum. You're the troll, OP, and you're derailing any real progressive movement with your drama-addicted antics.

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2017 12:47 PM

[quote] Is it a ham-handed effort to distract us from the political clusterfuck that's rightfully occupying most posters' minds right now?

The obsessed are NEVER distracted from their obsession. DL has been hijacked by obsessed trolls on their destructive mission.

by Anonymousreply 20January 27, 2017 12:50 PM

You only have yourselves to blame. You're not sharing shit lately.

If we were at an orgy, none of you would participate; you'd just flounce around telling everyone they're doing it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 21January 27, 2017 1:00 PM

Agree [21] - people used to actually sgare their gossip and insider knowledge - freely and with respect.

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 22January 27, 2017 1:18 PM

You're giving the trolls exactly what they want, attention. Just ignore them like the grown ups do.

by Anonymousreply 23January 27, 2017 1:33 PM

Who the fuck are you to say who can and can't post and who can "bump" a thread.

Did it ever occur to you, you're not the ONLY one who reads this site. Maybe someone googled a phrase and this site came up with two choices. It's fairly easy to do you know. Then they commented on it. You don't have to register and sometimes reading as little as four threads has got me in and able to comment.

I guess you want to control the Internet? If you don't like it OP maybe you should start millions of more Donald Trump threads. You can do that because that's the way freedom of expression works

by Anonymousreply 24January 27, 2017 1:40 PM

Hilarious, per "ignoredar" r24 *is* the troll and he thinks this is an issue of freedom.

It's easy to ignore you and your tantrums. Sorry you don't get enough attention at home.

by Anonymousreply 25January 28, 2017 9:53 AM

We have been banned again from Dlisted , obviously the work of enemy stinkfish.

by Anonymousreply 26January 28, 2017 11:01 AM

So the obsessive bumping-ancient-threads troll has moved on from The Facts of Life to Zac Efron as his topic du jour, I see.

I've just blocked 26 five-year-old Zac Efron threads that were spamming the top of the board.

Meanwhile the recent thread discussing this OCD nutcase seems to have been deleted. Why block the discussion instead of the troll, Muriel?

by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2017 1:28 PM

It's been going on for a few weeks now, OP.

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2017 1:30 PM

We're ready for you, R24.

Lean forward and open your eyes and mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2017 1:37 PM

An Army? hahaha.

No, it's just one person. One person with multiple browsers, persona and...

by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2017 1:42 PM

Well, at least today the troll is showing a bit of variety in its bumping, moving on to innumerable "Is He Gay" threads from years past, rather than just sticking obsessively to one mundane subject.

Old threads on Tom Hanks, Richard Carpenter, Prince Charles, Gay Kings of Spain, Richard B. Spencer, Vincent Gardenia and Richard Beymer (whoever they are), and the two Coreys have all popped up today, among others.

What surprises me, though, is how many devices this OCD poster seems to have (or is it really a troll farm?) -- you ignore one, and the others are still there.

by Anonymousreply 31February 9, 2017 1:10 PM
by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2018 6:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!