Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mcfly

remember when they were supposed to be the next big thing but they weren't and blamed their failures on their involvement with the homosexual underground?

by Anonymousreply 2512/06/2017

As in, the band McFly?

Guess you could say they got.....busted.

by Anonymousreply 109/18/2017

no homo

by Anonymousreply 209/18/2017

Their career was supposed to take off after they were featured in that Lindsay Lohan film but since that movie flopped hard it never happened.

LiLo also had a short fling with the hot drummer from R2 (who wasn't so hot back then but looked like a skinny twink), shortly before she decided to become a lesbian:

[qupte] I went to a club with Lindsay. She introduced me as her boyfriend then told me to kiss her. A couple of nights later I saw her at a party and she blanked me.

by Anonymousreply 309/18/2017

They were ridiculously overproduced

by Anonymousreply 409/18/2017

[quote]that Lindsay Lohan film

Which cause me to become The Chris Pine Troll here. In 2006.

And to buy their poppy album, which still pops up on shuffle, lo, these many years.

by Anonymousreply 509/18/2017

[quote] The Chris Pine Troll here. In 2006.

Mate, you've been here like....bloody ages. Do you get in the gym much?

by Anonymousreply 609/18/2017

[quote] remember when they were supposed to be the next big thing but they weren't

They had a pretty solid career in the UK, and still have a fanbase there. Breaking the US was always a longshot.

[quote] and blamed their failures on their involvement with the homosexual underground?

Wait, what?

by Anonymousreply 709/18/2017

Gobsmacking that Tom married and bred heterosexually.

He pings to Polaris and back, and he looks at Harry with lust in his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 809/19/2017

Judd really comes over like kind of a freak and a sex addict. Not sure if he is, but that is how he comes across. Privateschool boys..

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2017

Busted were more fun and had more of a saucy, self-aware edge. Those boys straight up did not care.

McFly were sappy and cutesy, too eager for you to love them.

by Anonymousreply 1009/25/2017

Busted’s latest record is an interesting departure. Overproduced in the way ABOVE THE NOISE was for McFly, but still a much-needed update sonically & thematically. Busted suit electro better than McFly do, but they can’t characterise a record like their younger siblings. ABOVE THE NOISE had more engaging, entertaining promo.

Does Judd have 2x Duty drumming for Busted as well, or is it all machines now?

by Anonymousreply 1112/04/2017

McFly retain a solid fan base in the UK, and the band tours with and without Busted. Tom is a somewhat popular children's book author also.

by Anonymousreply 1212/04/2017

[quote] They were ridiculously overproduced

So is most music these days.

by Anonymousreply 1312/04/2017

Aren’t they all boring dads in both those bands now? Except Dougie the clean-living model, and James the music-ale artiste.

by Anonymousreply 1412/04/2017

The lyrics for ‘Friday Night’ could easily be about a gay club (the POV seems to be that of a bouncer). The duet format with Tom singing rebuttals helps this theory along.

by Anonymousreply 1512/04/2017

Hmm, yeah, I could see that interpretation R15. “They’re really givin’ me the eye...”/“we could be together”, etc. Mainly it’s about drunk lary straight Brits at the club, though. Danny wrote that number, iirc....

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2017

Well, at one stage you couldn't open ATTITUDE magazine without a naked Harry Judd teasing the gay audience - then he did and won STRICTLY COME DANCING ! - so they deliberately courted the gay market, which may have backfired on them.

by Anonymousreply 1712/05/2017

If I remember correctly Harry Judd aka the hot drummer had boner selfies leak.

by Anonymousreply 1812/05/2017

They just loved nudity. They did half of one of their music videos (think it was ‘Please, Please (Lindsay)’ (yes, it was about getting shagged by LiLo) starkers but for guitars/drums covering the bollocks.

by Anonymousreply 1912/05/2017

This is supposedly Harry Judd.

by Anonymousreply 2012/06/2017

Bitte nicht!

by Anonymousreply 2112/06/2017

who?

by Anonymousreply 2212/06/2017

R22 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 2312/06/2017

McFly was always mostly a UK thing. Harry Judd was regularly seen posing only in his trunks in gay mags although he apparently is a het.

by Anonymousreply 2412/06/2017

The three of them look like weeds. I could snap them like a chicken bone.

by Anonymousreply 2512/06/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!