Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hot mic catches CNN reporter’s colleagues snickering at Hillary Clinton during inauguration coverage

Among the many extraordinary headwinds that popular vote winner Hillary Clinton faced during the 2016 presidential election was a hostile corporate media who abetted the baseless destruction of her character. During CNN's pre-inauguration coverage, that hostility manifested itself in an unvarnished moment that neatly summed it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2018 5:34 PM

Bullshit. They were laughing at the guy being dumb enough to ask her (positive) opinions of the events of the day and expecting a response.

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2017 5:25 PM

Right-winger Anderson Cooper chuckling right along with them. He really is a piece of utter shit.

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2017 5:25 PM

Scum

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2017 5:28 PM

r2 I wonder if Anderson laughs when he looks in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2017 5:30 PM

Cooper was also yukking it up earlier today when they were covering Trump going to church before the inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2017 6:03 PM

Good grief. They were not snickering at her. They were laughing at the fact she ignored them.

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2017 6:05 PM

Wtf??! Way to make something out of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2017 6:09 PM

OP’s source is another David Brock connection.

Dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2017 6:13 PM

Oh c'mon. You have to laugh at the absurdity of it all. It is in no way bashing Clinton. If anything, I'm sure they are as sympathetic as everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2017 6:24 PM

How unprofessional of CNN - lowering themselves to TMZ tactics to get a response.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2017 6:25 PM

I had to switch to MSNBC when everyone at CNN, starting with Blitzer, started snickering at Hillary. What a bunch of unprofessional idiots.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2017 6:28 PM

r11 Blitzer has room to talk. Years ago I literally saw him pee himself in Mon Ami Gabi, a French restaurant in Bethesda, MD.

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2017 6:33 PM

Snickering is offensive to women and Afro-Americans. First, because it shows a patriarchal anti-we-ness towards women and second, because it looks like the N word.

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2017 6:34 PM

Snickering is also offensive to peanut allergy sufferers, r13

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2017 6:36 PM

CNN = Cunt News Network

by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2017 6:37 PM

Outside of datalounge, everyone is snickering at this cheap stunt skank

by Anonymousreply 16January 20, 2017 6:38 PM

Anderson Cooper=blotchy skin smelly bottom

by Anonymousreply 17January 20, 2017 6:42 PM

They weren't snickering at her candidacy or platform.

They were snickering at how stridently she blew off the heckling reporters.

They are reporters, they were live and they wanted a good quote, shot or interview. They were laughing to smooth over a camera ambush FAIL in front of a live, national TV audience.

I don't think this is indicative of anti-Hillary ANYTHING. OP is reading WAY too much into it.

by Anonymousreply 18January 20, 2017 6:49 PM

R15 Cunting News Network.

by Anonymousreply 19January 20, 2017 6:55 PM

I watched it live. They were not snickering at her. And Anderson said nice things about her several times. They were laughing at her not answering their shouts of questions. They laughed because they didn't blame her. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 20January 20, 2017 6:59 PM

Anderson Cooper enabled all of it: the Bushes, Gingrich, the culture of deceit which is the Republican party. Stop giving this overpaid fraud your allegiance.

by Anonymousreply 21January 20, 2017 8:45 PM

I am not the biggest Hillary fan here at DL, though I voted for her, but I saw no disrespect to her as a woman or candidate.

They were snickering at their ham-handed attempt to get a quote.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2017 9:40 PM

I wish she would've flipped them off - with both hands. Of course she wouldn't, but what's she got to lose? That would've been the best part of the whole day - that & Michelle's "get me the fuck outta here and get me drink" look

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2017 9:42 PM

I LOATHE RIGHT WING CNN

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2017 9:43 PM

They kissed Trump's ass for heavy- duty for 18 months - this is their due reward! He's their Frankenstein Monster!

They're just Dr. Frankenstein

by Anonymousreply 25January 20, 2017 9:47 PM

I listened to the CNN tape, and I heard one reporter say "Fuck you" in the background. I listened to it 6 times. Male voice, in the background, laughing, saying "Fuck you".

by Anonymousreply 26January 20, 2017 9:48 PM

I don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 27January 20, 2017 9:52 PM

I listened to it, and I heard the "FU" as well. I thought I heard "She's like FU"? Maybe that's why they were laughing?

I don't watch CNN since Anderson locked Melania's cooch, but maybe they were laughing at the comment?

by Anonymousreply 28January 20, 2017 9:53 PM

Hillary looks like a million bucks.

In a way, it seems like she is relieved and like she has a huge weight lifted off her shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 29January 20, 2017 9:59 PM

Hillary is known as being extremely belligerent or hostile to Secret Service personnel. So the CNN "Fuck You" swearing was likely a commentary on Hillary's mindset when being 'pestered.'

by Anonymousreply 30January 20, 2017 10:04 PM

I swear someone mumbled in the background, "she probably said fuck you"

by Anonymousreply 31January 20, 2017 10:09 PM

However, Sara Ganim of CNN *was* grinning like a sociopathic chimp as she lead into a description of the Chicago Facebook live torture footage and subsequent discussion of.

by Anonymousreply 32January 20, 2017 10:14 PM

That is exactly what I picked up as well r31. The Fuck You was clearer but I picked up something in front of that and presumed this is what preceded it.

by Anonymousreply 33January 20, 2017 10:17 PM

This is not important.

Caitlyn Jenner at the ball is important.

by Anonymousreply 34January 20, 2017 10:27 PM

Hi Caitlyn!

by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2017 10:28 PM

I heard something about "outfit" on the tape.

by Anonymousreply 36January 20, 2017 10:33 PM

Well, on MSNBC during the swearing-in they picked up Trumpkins in the background shouting "lock her up"

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2017 10:36 PM

R30 GOP Troll bugger off. That is discredited lies about Clinton - long disproven based on conspiracy Clinton BS book. Never happened and SS are held accountable personally if any remarks are EVER MADE about their responsibilities. So you can STFU right now asshole.

by Anonymousreply 38January 20, 2017 10:39 PM

OOOH!!!!!!!!!! Poor widdow Hiwawy. So innocent and so naive. Bravest thing since "Brave Widdow Toaster"

by Anonymousreply 39January 20, 2017 10:43 PM

She looked good, though, in that outfit.

by Anonymousreply 40January 21, 2017 12:07 AM

Can't Anderson be heard saying "...come up with a better opener"?

He's clearly snickering at the klutz reporters who, first, shouted idiotic questions, then second, derided Hillary for ignoring them.

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2017 4:09 AM

R41 is right. I watched it just now and they we're snickering at the stupid question. Note when Bush arrived they shouted the stupid 'how are you feeling today?', then they reeled him in with 'how's your father?' and then tried again to draw him on the inauguration. Opening with HRC and 'how you feeling?' was stupid... that's what they were laughing at.

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2017 2:41 PM

You are fake news.

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2017 4:05 PM

Yeah, that isn't about her, it's about the people who shouted questions about her.

If you watch that footage, and are offended in any way on Hillary Clinton's behalf, or angry, do yourself a favor. Shut off your computer. Leave it off for a few weeks. Go get some fresh air, and take a nice, long walk. Educate yourself. Read the New York Times, and I mean entire articles, not just the front page. Try to interact with people- converse.

by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2017 4:48 PM

All so sad now.

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2017 2:45 AM

What is the big deal. That was a pretty stupid question king asked. They were laughing about how absurd it is. And how we are all fucked.

by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2017 2:49 AM

They all hated her too.

by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2018 5:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!