Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nashvile new season!

Will gets hit on by that guy from 'Looking.' Will Kevin get cheated on? And hooray, a teen-free episode.

(Search function is FUBAR; link the most recent thread if you ca?)

by Anonymousreply 312July 29, 2018 5:19 PM

smooches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2017 4:53 AM

Disappointed the first episode was Will free, but that second episode at least made up for it. Also love seeing Kyle Dean Massey on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2017 4:54 AM

More Kyle Dean! Yay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2017 5:09 AM

I think they slashed the lighting budget to get costs down. So many scenes take place in dim light.

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2017 5:08 PM

The show is so much better this season. Stories aren't rushed, there's more focus. Scarlett and Maddie are actually not annoying this season.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2017 5:51 AM

The British director is HOT.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2017 7:02 AM

I think Will has a thing for that billionaire tech guy and they certainly at least made it seem like he might have a thing for Will. It'll probably end up being a misunderstanding or something.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2017 1:39 PM

r7 Yeah I was wondering about that scene. I wasn't sure if Tech Guy was just trying to sway Will for business purposes or it was a romantic interest.

by Anonymousreply 8January 28, 2017 2:25 AM

What is 'Looking'?

by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2017 2:31 AM

[/quote]Scarlett and Maddie are actually not annoying this season.

Are we watching the same show?

by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2017 3:02 AM

Ok after tonight's episode, Billionaire tech guy definitely wants Will.

by Anonymousreply 11February 3, 2017 6:07 AM

R11 definitely. I want hot fashion guy to come back, though. They had more chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 12February 3, 2017 6:14 AM

I just watched this week's episode. What a snore. It was the first episode that I actively disliked. I hate to say it, but there was just too much music in it. Everyone takes it all so fucking seriously, that there is no joy in it. And they all ooh and ah over songs that are pretty pedestrian. My Favorite Hurricane? What a crap fest. I don't care for any of the characters anymore, except Daphne! Scarlett is too mopey. Gunnar is a cipher. (I never noticed how much he looks like he could be Ben Affleck's brother.) I'm sick of Deacon's hoarse whispery fake voice. Reyna is too reactive. Maddie is a sullen teenager. And Clay? Her boyfriend? He is cliche on top of cliche on top of cliche. I hate to say it, but one more show like last night, and I will stop watching it.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2017 10:51 PM

There never has been any joy in this show. It's my major complaint of it. And the character of Scarlett has never interested me.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2017 10:53 PM

On one hand I liked not having Juliette in the episode but on the other hand it didn't have Will either and he hasn't had a strong storyline all season so far.

Also too much Maddie.

by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2017 2:49 AM

Will and the Billionaire. Hum-doggie!

by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2017 2:52 AM

A PERIOD PARTY for Daphne!!!!!

NO baked potato bar!!!

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2017 3:10 AM

Will Rayna die?

Will Scarlett turn into a slut now that she's enjoyed that sweet dick on that hot Brit director?

Will Daphne get knocked up?

Will Maddie still act like a perpetual bitch every episode?

Will Will get a hot sex scene finally?

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2017 4:00 AM

[quote]Gunnar is a cipher. (I never noticed how much he looks like he could be Ben Affleck's brother.)

I never found him attractive but I was surprised to see how good he looks on the AMC show 'Humans'

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2017 4:51 AM

Is Reyna going to die? Connie Britton is so much better in other roles, I read she wants to leave.

by Anonymousreply 20February 24, 2017 1:40 AM

r20 it looks like it.

Damn, this episode.

by Anonymousreply 21February 24, 2017 1:47 AM

I figured she was a goner because her talking to her friends & family bedside seemed like a way to wrap things up.

by Anonymousreply 22February 24, 2017 2:04 AM

Although I think Reyna is a little too sappy and reactive, I can't imagine the show without her. She really is the hub for all the spokes of the story. If they wanted to write her out, they should have introduced a character who would be able to step into that roll, what with running the record company which most of the acts are signed to. Without her, the connections of all the characters are gone. Deacon might be handsome, but his character is a bore and dull. There is no way he can be the glue that holds the show together.

by Anonymousreply 23February 24, 2017 2:25 AM

Even though I had heard Connie Britton didn't want to be on the show any more, I didn't actually think they were going to go and kill her off. At this point, a sixth season is probably not going to happen.

Oh and where the hell was Will. Again.

by Anonymousreply 24February 24, 2017 6:12 AM

Well, that's just fucked. Such a soap opera! More hospital scenes than 'General Hospital!'

At least a few Black actresses got some work.

So, the next eps will be a big ole funeral, a tribute concert, Mattie feeling sorry for herself, and no Will.

by Anonymousreply 25February 24, 2017 6:44 AM

Will briefly appeared in this episode, but it's the third one in a row where his story was ignored.

by Anonymousreply 26February 24, 2017 1:54 PM

Maybe Deacon and Will can hook up now!

by Anonymousreply 27February 24, 2017 1:56 PM

When a Connie Britton leaves a show like she did to Nashville, I wonder if a lot of the cast and crew are secretly pissed at her for possibly endangering their incomes?

by Anonymousreply 28February 24, 2017 8:02 PM

Wasn't she executive producer? Did she give that up for this season on new network and new producers?

by Anonymousreply 29February 24, 2017 9:02 PM

I thought they'd just throw her into a coma so she could come back for the series finale. Guess Connie made it clear she had no intention of ever doing the show again. I understand, it was a pretty thankless part -- and yet, it was the glue that held it all together. I think the odds are against it surviving without her.

by Anonymousreply 30February 24, 2017 10:24 PM

Too much melodrama now, not enough music.

by Anonymousreply 31February 25, 2017 12:18 AM

R26 Must've been a blink and you missed it appearance

by Anonymousreply 32February 25, 2017 2:16 AM

I am starting to think there is some real shit going on behind the scenes. A lot of changes over the years. T-Bone Burnett left as executive music producer after the first season. Now there are new showrunners. Connie is leaving. I wonder if this is the show she and Callie envisioned?

I wonder if they will bring on a new female country singer? It's too bad Trisha Yearwood can't act because I love her voice.

by Anonymousreply 33February 25, 2017 5:07 AM

[quote]I am starting to think there is some real shit going on behind the scenes. A lot of changes over the years. T-Bone Burnett left as executive music producer after the first season. Now there are new showrunners. Connie is leaving. I wonder if this is the show she and Callie envisioned?

I thought the initial issue was that the show became too soapy and melodramatic in season two and not about the music as it was originally envisioned. I'd take the melodrama over this family drama it's become with Rayna's annoying daughters getting actual plotlines.

And where the hell is Will and why isn't he screwing Murray Bartlett's character?

by Anonymousreply 34February 25, 2017 5:13 AM

Fuck Murray Bartlett, the Billionaire threw a hardon his way...

by Anonymousreply 35February 25, 2017 7:33 AM

This show is my guilty pleasure. I watched the first season and forgot about it lol. With that being said they should hire some actual country musicians instead of actors. Many of those country stars have the look to pull it off. Empire is so over the top and has good producers so it doesn't hurt that the main leads aren't natural musicians. I like this show because it sort of takes you to a place you wish you could be in. It's hard to explain.

Did the billionaire tech guy hit on Will yet. It seems like they were going there with that.

by Anonymousreply 36February 25, 2017 8:38 AM

At this point, who knows what they're going to do with Will. He seems to be an afterthought this season. They basically wrapped up his relationship in the first few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 37February 25, 2017 3:39 PM

It is telling that the show is not working when the lead character gets killed off, yet no one is upset about it. Contrast that with This is Us, which I have never watched, yet have heard from so many people how upset they are that a character died. And I live in Nashville People should be talking about the show, but no one cares anymore. I used to love it, but doubt I will tune back in. It appears that the new runners are trying to focus more on the characters and less on the melodrama, but they inherited a stable of pretty uninteresting characters.

by Anonymousreply 38February 25, 2017 3:56 PM

There isn't an ounce of joy in this show. Never has been. No comedy. In order to be able to measure tragedy, one must also experience joy!

by Anonymousreply 39February 25, 2017 4:14 PM

I stopped watching last season, and only tried this season because H/Z were taking over, and I was curious how they'd work. I am enjoying the dialogue, and how the characters talk to each other, but the biggest problem is that the most fascinating character (Will) is doing nothing, and the catalytic character (Juliette) is on a quiet character arc that only involves Avery and a bunch of extras.

Rayna was always the glue, but never the attraction. With her gone, it will be telling to see if we see some character-driven action (as opposed to the character-driven talking we have had so far this season).

by Anonymousreply 40February 25, 2017 5:10 PM

Rayna's death was a real shock to me. She's the heart of the show and Connie is its best actress.

by Anonymousreply 41February 25, 2017 5:21 PM

I don't know why these shows kill off a main character.

That tanks the syndication value. Who can watch the show in reruns and enjoy it, knowing that fatal tragedy awaits the lead?

by Anonymousreply 42February 25, 2017 6:02 PM

It's turned into the Maddie and whatever that other little girl's name is show.

by Anonymousreply 43February 25, 2017 9:53 PM

I like Connie Britton. Loved her on Friday Night Lights.

by Anonymousreply 44February 25, 2017 9:55 PM

Just watched this episode. Totally fucked up. I don't know where they're going to go but Deacon better not hit the bottle again. Been there done that. And if Will was in this episode I certainly missed it.

On a separate note Murray Bartlett is gorgeous. Too bad everyone hated Looking.

by Anonymousreply 45February 25, 2017 10:17 PM

OMG, and entire dying episode. Reminded me of the ER episode where the guy was exposed to lethal fluorine and all they could do was wait for him to die as nothing could be done. An hour of death.

I like Daphne. I like Deacon. I like Will. The rest...

by Anonymousreply 46February 26, 2017 4:55 AM

I've always had affection for this show, as a semi-guilty pleasure, and have stuck with it. Rayna was DEFINITELY the glue, and the mother hen to all of these disfunctional, needy millennial characters. How this show continues to work without her, I have no idea. The showrunners are putting on a brave face publicly about it. I love Deacon, but what the hell do they do with him now? I guess it's struggling to single-parent those two bitchy girls. I like nice-guy Gunnar, but Scarlett is eye-rollingly annoying. And Juliette is no fun as a born-again nice person. And where the fuck has Will been?

by Anonymousreply 47February 26, 2017 5:07 AM

Time for Deacon to hook up with Will!

by Anonymousreply 48February 26, 2017 5:17 AM

I despise Avery

by Anonymousreply 49February 26, 2017 5:22 AM

Avery? What's wrong with Avery. There was a scene they shot with Avery sitting next to Juliet and he just look so large compared to her. Is she midget size.

Nashville on CMT is different than on ABC. For one thing they barely have any music now. Did the music and song writers quit the show? The lack of music seems odd.

by Anonymousreply 50February 26, 2017 5:28 AM

Obviously it will be about Juliette going fundie and Scarlett being a cheating Ho. I am already tired of the Lennon Sisters, and will probably not tune in to see them and no nude Will, Gunnar or Avery. Hell, I'd take a naked Deacon, but he will just be a mourning widower now. YAWN.

by Anonymousreply 51February 26, 2017 5:32 AM

Avery looks like he stinks real bad. Like bad butt smell and BO.

by Anonymousreply 52February 26, 2017 5:37 AM

R50 Hayden Panettiere is only 5 foot, so pretty much

by Anonymousreply 53February 26, 2017 5:39 AM

Poor Hayden's face is right at the stinkiest level of his body

by Anonymousreply 54February 26, 2017 5:42 AM

I hope CMT isn't caving to conservative fans to desexualize Will.

This isn't like the '90s with Melrose Place.

by Anonymousreply 55February 26, 2017 5:50 AM

You'd think if they wanted to desexualize Will they'd keep him in a boring relationship. The fact that they had him break up with his boyfriend and then immediately start flirting with 3 different guys suggests they're trying to sexualize him. But maybe there was backlash and now they just decided to remove him from most of the show.

Where was Rayna's new partner when she was in the hospital? Funny how he also disappeared from the show.

The show feels more disjointed now like they have different writers for each characters. It's beginning to remind me of Glee the later years where there were too many cooks and no one knew each other's storyline.

by Anonymousreply 56February 26, 2017 6:03 AM

Also have to remember they're on CMT now and working with a LOT less money.

by Anonymousreply 57February 26, 2017 12:31 PM

Here is the preview for the next episode.

WTF is with Juliette's hair? Who is she paying tribute to? Princess Leia or Rayna James?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 26, 2017 6:10 PM

No love for that British director? His body was hot.

by Anonymousreply 59February 26, 2017 7:06 PM

Well, corrupt dad conveniently got released from JAIL, and is a better father than Deacon?

This all might as well be transported to Telemundo and translated into Spanish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 26, 2017 7:30 PM

If the rest of the season turns into a custody battle for the 2 brats, it may be time to change the channel. Unless Deacon and Ted decide to wrestle for top to determine the outcome. Then I'd still watch.

by Anonymousreply 61February 26, 2017 7:42 PM

which network is it on? I've not seen it.

by Anonymousreply 62February 26, 2017 8:32 PM

I notice in the previews still no sign of Will. It's like they killed him off too.

by Anonymousreply 63February 26, 2017 8:34 PM

R62 CMT

by Anonymousreply 64February 26, 2017 8:59 PM

thank you r64. That is why I've never seen it. it's not on my channel line-up.

by Anonymousreply 65February 26, 2017 9:16 PM

I think Nashville should take a lesson from GoT and start killing off characters.

#1 to go: CADENCE!

Evil little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 66February 26, 2017 9:54 PM

Scarlett could go. Hussy.

by Anonymousreply 67February 26, 2017 9:55 PM

The one good thing is that Eric Close -- Teddy -- is hot as fuck. I was planning on not watching it anymore, but I will tune in at least once. And did they have to use the Auden poem at the funeral? hasn't that been done?

by Anonymousreply 68February 26, 2017 10:02 PM

R66 They've already sidelined or "disappeared" a number of people, like Layla (hasn't been seen all season) and Luke (see in one episode.)

by Anonymousreply 69February 26, 2017 10:08 PM

I'm not sure how long the show can last with Rayna and without good lighting. Since the move to CMT all the scenes seem to be filmed in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 70February 26, 2017 10:11 PM

without Rayna

by Anonymousreply 71February 26, 2017 10:12 PM

[quote]They've already sidelined or "disappeared" a number of people, like Layla (hasn't been seen all season) and Luke (see

Layla and Luke weren't coming back. Layla's storyline was wrapped up with Jeff's death. I don't know why Luke was written out but Will Chase was informed by the end of S4 that his character wasn't returning. He popped up to serve the storyline of having Rayna take over his label or take a client...whatever that was about.

by Anonymousreply 72February 26, 2017 10:16 PM

They just don't have the money this season for all the same characters, or for music rights and recording or, apparently, for good quality lighting.

However, the ratings have set records for CMT, so the network may unleash the purse strings a bit for next season.

by Anonymousreply 73February 26, 2017 10:46 PM

[quote]That is why I've never seen it. it's not on my channel line-up.

I don't have CMT either but I watch the show through Nickelodeon.

by Anonymousreply 74February 27, 2017 12:53 AM

I pretty much hate watch the show now anyway. If I never see Juliette in that stupid church again it'll be fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 75February 27, 2017 3:17 PM

R73. NG1 here. CMT doesn't need much money for music rights, because they do a very inexpensive buyout. They don't pay for sync fees the way most tv shows do. A friend of mine wrote a song that was been played many times throughout several episodes this season , and she just got a very small buyout, so lack of money isn't the reason that there is so little music now.

The show has run its course. The first few seasons were interesting, and it showed more about behind the scenes in the music industry -- even though it hit a LOT of false notes -- but now it is just adult drama, and the music and Nashville setting are no longer relevant or a large part of the story. It could just as easily be about insurance executives in Topeka. I didn't realize how much I missed the fast melodrama until it was replaced by the current season, which is boring and lackluster, and filled with characters that just aren't very interesting. Deacon is a bore. Gunner is a cypher. Scarlett is written badly, as a sniveling idiot. Maddie is a bitch. Daphne is wonderful and I would watch a whole show built around her. Carter is every black music cliche on top of cliche. Will is interesting, but they seem to have written him out. I thought Luke was a great character; he had heart and intelligence and a morality that I liked, but he's gone. I will watch the show maybe one more time just to see what they plan to do without Reyna there, but it will probably be my last time watching. The runners ruined a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 76February 27, 2017 8:51 PM

[quote]but now it is just adult drama

Hardly.

by Anonymousreply 77February 27, 2017 8:57 PM

[quote] Carter is every black music cliche on top of cliche.

Who the hell is "Carter?"

by Anonymousreply 78February 27, 2017 8:57 PM

Clay. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 79February 27, 2017 9:11 PM

Well, I got through the latest funeral episode. Will smooches rich investor guy; yay.

The whole custody things with the girls seems to have taken care of itself.

How many more episodes? I'm a longtime fan, but I want it all to be done.

by Anonymousreply 80March 5, 2017 2:21 AM

They should have followed my lead.

by Anonymousreply 81March 5, 2017 2:33 AM

Will's landed himself a Mr. Moneybags! You go, girl!

by Anonymousreply 82March 5, 2017 3:42 AM

[quote]How many more episodes? I'm a longtime fan, but I want it all to be done.

This week is the midseason finale, then the show takes a break before coming back in three months with another 11 episodes -- 22 episodes in all for this season. The show will also jump three months ahead in terms of plot.

It continues to do extremely well ratings-wise for CMT.

by Anonymousreply 83March 5, 2017 12:53 PM

There's actually one more episode next week before the break. This was only episode 10.

by Anonymousreply 84March 5, 2017 4:11 PM

Oh, god; 11 more episodes? Sheesh. Hot prison dad will be back, at least.

by Anonymousreply 85March 5, 2017 5:59 PM

Is Hot Prison Dad developing carb face? He looks different.

by Anonymousreply 86March 5, 2017 6:38 PM

The low lighting really is terrible. Cost cutting move by production? I just can't see this show continuing without Connie Britton. I wonder what happened to make her want to leave mid season?

by Anonymousreply 87March 5, 2017 11:37 PM

I think she was happy with the ABC cancellation. When cable made the offer it was based on her continuing as Rayna. Instead of putting hundreds of people out of work, she agreed and negotiated a first possible exit.

Bless you Connie Britton!!!

by Anonymousreply 88March 5, 2017 11:59 PM

I think Nashville didn't turn out the way Connie wanted. When she did The People vs. O.J. Simpson, I thought that was the first sign she wanted to leave. It wasn't a huge role but it was a telling sign.

As much as I dislike Maddie, I have to say the Stella sisters have been doing an incredible job the last two episodes.

by Anonymousreply 89March 6, 2017 7:16 AM

[quote] When cable made the offer it was based on her continuing as Rayna. Instead of putting hundreds of people out of work, she agreed and negotiated a first possible exit. Bless you Connie Britton!!!

I wonder what it feels like to feel responsible for so many jobs? I would be neurotic about it.

by Anonymousreply 90March 7, 2017 2:48 PM

I think it shows incredible consideration to think about others in that way. Good for Connie for staying an extra year to make sure that the rest of the cast and crew would stay employed. A friend of mine worked for Natalie Merchant back when she was still in Maniacs, and he told me that she gave everyone at least a year's notice that she was leaving, because she knew that their incomes and jobs would be affected by that, and she wanted to make sure everyone was prepared and not blind sided. I thought that was considerate of her.

by Anonymousreply 91March 7, 2017 5:04 PM

I've heard both Stipe and Mike Mills say the same thing about R.E.M. They stayed together way past their prime because they couldn't bear to suddenly just leave all the organizational people, secretaries, office staff, roadies etc just unemployed. Pretty cool, actually.

by Anonymousreply 92March 7, 2017 6:57 PM

When Bruce Springsteen got itchy to do something new it must've been hard for him to sideline the E Street band for all those years.

by Anonymousreply 93March 7, 2017 8:02 PM

Well, it's great that she helped keep folks employed. Too bad the scriptwriters are apparently a bunch of lame soap opera has-beens.

by Anonymousreply 94March 8, 2017 12:11 AM

I don't think Springsteen felt quite the same way as Stipe and Merchant. R91 here. I'm not a big Springsteen fan, but one of my best friends worked for his management company. Springsteen is a nice-enough guy, but he is surrounded by people who drank the kool aid. They all think it's their "mission" to make it possible to spread the gospel of Bruce. There is something almost cult-like in the devotion of people around him. So...nothing against Bruce, but I think it would be hard for anyone doing what he does surrounded by such acolytes for so many years to think that he should not be able to do whatever he wants to do. I think a certain amount of insensitivity creeps in in a situation like that. Ergo: I don't think he gave putting the E Street Band on the sidelines much thought. He also probably gave them a stipend to make sure that were available should he change his mind on a whim.

by Anonymousreply 95March 8, 2017 12:44 AM

The last episode was really moving. The recording session got to me.

by Anonymousreply 96March 10, 2017 2:06 AM

I've seen every episode but I am going to pretend this was the finale and end my watching here.

Too much Maddie and Scarlett now.

by Anonymousreply 97March 10, 2017 3:02 AM

I will give it a chance when it returns after hiatus. Maybe after getting Rayna out of the way they can start reinventing the show with some new characters and take the focus away from her kids.

by Anonymousreply 98March 10, 2017 5:16 PM

I just watched this week's episode, and I believe it will be the last one I will watch. I'm so sick of hearing about the great love story between Deacon and Rayna. Give it a rest, for crying out loud. Do the writers and runners really think people are that obsessed that that? I live an Nashville, and used to really look forward to watching it, but what I loved about the show -- the backstage view of the music industry, the theatrics, the melodrama, the great locations throughout Nashville -- are long gone. Now it is boring, tedious, and just not worth watching anymore. Connie left at the right moment.

by Anonymousreply 99March 10, 2017 10:06 PM

Scarlett PREGNANT?!?!

I cried through the recording session.

I want to see Will's ankles in the air...

by Anonymousreply 100March 11, 2017 5:32 AM

We're never going to get a gay sex scene on this show. We're lucky to get any gay kisses.

by Anonymousreply 101March 11, 2017 5:36 AM

I still want Gunnar to realize his true nature and get with Will. Maybe Scarlett pregnant with the asshole British director's baby will seal the deal.

by Anonymousreply 102March 11, 2017 2:26 PM

I actually liked this last episode.

by Anonymousreply 103March 11, 2017 4:06 PM

Just watched the last couple of episodes for the season, and I'm a bit confused. Why was the custody of Maddie even an issue, since she was made an emancipated minor last season? Did I miss something, or is this a sign that the writing is about to take a dive?

by Anonymousreply 104March 11, 2017 4:20 PM

[quote] is this a sign that the writing is about to take a dive?

Is this a message from 2014?

by Anonymousreply 105March 12, 2017 4:11 AM

I find tech guy/millionaire creepy. He and Will have no chemistry. I wasn't a fan of Kevin but he and Will at least had chemistry.

Will is hot. Why don't they give him a hottie to hook up with?

by Anonymousreply 106March 12, 2017 4:16 AM

Agree. He's cute but a bit goofy looking. Don't see him being with Will long term.

by Anonymousreply 107March 12, 2017 4:22 AM

[quote]Will is hot. Why don't they give him a hottie to hook up with?

He had his shot with Murray Bartlett.

by Anonymousreply 108March 12, 2017 4:28 AM

I'm really loving Will and Zach. They have great chemistry too.

by Anonymousreply 109March 12, 2017 10:28 AM

Didn't think it would happen, but looks like this show is getting a sixth season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 11, 2017 4:08 AM

A Life That's Good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 11, 2017 4:17 AM

The CMT move was very smart. But the second half of the season will see if the show can continue without Connie.

by Anonymousreply 112April 11, 2017 4:18 AM

Glad to hear about a 6th season. When do they finish up this season?

by Anonymousreply 113April 11, 2017 3:46 PM

Seems like everyone thinks Connie Brighton's top shit, but I didin't know who she was before Nashville. I didn't like her character and I don't think she gave an exceptional performance. I think it's a good idea to write her off so they can finally explore something other than the Deacon/Rayna repeat storylines. Far as I am concerned, I like the direction where this new season is going - with the exception of maddie and her bf storyline - i skip that. ZZzzzz

lol @ you guys debating whether Zach is attractive or not. HE'S A YOUNG BILLIONAIRE! Those are hard to find and even rarer still are they interested in men. Though I agree with one of the posters here, Will/ Gunner would make for a heck of an interesting storyline.

by Anonymousreply 114April 11, 2017 4:05 PM

[quote]Seems like everyone thinks Connie Brighton's top shit, but I didin't know who she was before Nashville.

Apparently you STILL don't.

by Anonymousreply 115April 11, 2017 4:07 PM

When does the second half of the season return?

by Anonymousreply 116April 12, 2017 2:38 PM

R116 June 1.

by Anonymousreply 117April 12, 2017 4:17 PM

Thanks r117!

by Anonymousreply 118April 12, 2017 7:01 PM

Bump for my thread watcher.

by Anonymousreply 119May 23, 2017 4:00 AM

I really do think the show will eventually have to bring in another female lead to counter Juliette. But I am curious to see how the second half of the season goes.

by Anonymousreply 120May 23, 2017 5:05 AM

It's TIME!!!

by Anonymousreply 121June 1, 2017 12:57 PM

I am so tired of Daphne, but at least Maddie seems a bit better.

Always nice to see Will getting his screentime too.

by Anonymousreply 122June 2, 2017 3:58 AM

Will is such a prissy bottom boy. We need to see him heels to Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 123June 2, 2017 7:48 AM

The stories were a little more interesting than the prior few episodes. Perhaps they had time to regroup, or were just treading water until they killed Reyna off. Deacon used to be one of my favorite characters, but I'm tired of that hoarse whisper he uses, and him calling everyone "baby" or "sweety". He is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 124June 2, 2017 4:26 PM

Daphne's chance encounter slash infatuation with that sassy, streetwise, Oliver Twist "kid gang" is beyond ridiculous. I mean, what the fuck. Wonder if they'll have a sinister Fagin character.

by Anonymousreply 125June 3, 2017 6:12 AM

Then they all broke out into song R125. Beyond dumb. I'm waiting for the new characters like Rachel Bilson. I've never seen the OC but Rachel was pretty funny in Hart of Dixie.

by Anonymousreply 126June 3, 2017 6:51 AM

I thought that when they broke into "Consider yourself one of us" a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 127June 3, 2017 8:03 AM

So Daphne is going through her bad ass cunt phase?

by Anonymousreply 128June 5, 2017 1:55 PM

Really don't like how Will just disappears for episodes at a time but we have to deal with Daphne storylines.

by Anonymousreply 129June 9, 2017 3:26 AM

The street urchin schtick is dumb. When will this show end?

by Anonymousreply 130June 9, 2017 6:16 AM

Not for a while, we have at least one more season.

by Anonymousreply 131June 9, 2017 6:17 AM

Will, present HOLE!

by Anonymousreply 132June 9, 2017 6:29 AM

Will, present HOLE!

by Anonymousreply 133June 9, 2017 5:37 PM

What genius said, "Let's focus all our attention on kids and fetuses!"

by Anonymousreply 134June 9, 2017 5:56 PM

That scene with Will and Zach was adorable, come on.

by Anonymousreply 135June 9, 2017 6:03 PM

[quote]Will/ Gunner would make for a heck of an interesting storyline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 9, 2017 6:05 PM

The show has jumped the shark. The whole ragamuffin crowd is absurd, and that girl Daphne brings home is like some cliche from a 1985 Hallmark movie. It's absurd. I keep watching it in spite of myself. I enjoyed the first few seasons so much, that I'm just not willing to believe that the show has become the joke that it is. Although none of the first few episodes rang true -- I live in Nashville and am a former professional songwriter, so I know that milieu -- at least they were exciting and interesting and gripping. This season, so far, has been so completely inept and tone deaf.

by Anonymousreply 137June 9, 2017 7:23 PM

i really miss Connie Britton.

by Anonymousreply 138June 9, 2017 7:27 PM

Is that guy with the signet ring still on this show?

by Anonymousreply 139June 9, 2017 7:42 PM

Poor Buckey. Poor writers who thought that getting rid of a secondary character would be interesting. The gay billionaire is only sufferable when he is is with Will. Julia's plot line is dull and tedious. Inviting the street urchin/thug into the James home will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 140June 10, 2017 5:08 PM

I miss Kyle Dean Massey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 10, 2017 6:51 PM

They really fucked up his character R141. Lots of missed opportunities. I hope Kyle Dean gets another shot on TV.

by Anonymousreply 142June 10, 2017 6:54 PM

Surprise surprise. Another episode where will disapears off the face of the Earth, and even Zach this time as well.

And also just when I thought Maddie was getting bearable...

by Anonymousreply 143June 16, 2017 4:47 AM

Was Scarlett's British baby daddy wanting the two of them and Gunnar to all live together as a throuple or something? That whole thing was weird. Why didn't they ask?

by Anonymousreply 144June 16, 2017 5:07 AM

It seemed like he didn't want Gunner to be there at all, at least not full time.

by Anonymousreply 145June 16, 2017 5:30 AM

It's turned into Lifetime, Television for Women and Bratty Children.

by Anonymousreply 146June 16, 2017 5:50 AM

Scarlett is absolutely insufferable. I could barely stomach any of her scenes. She's so mopey, miserable and annoying.

The absence of Connie is really felt now.

Interesting to see Rhonda from Empire. I wonder if she will make the moves on Deacon (why am I asking? Of course she will. And Deacon will respond in his whispery voice that he's not ready yet and he's still grieving).

by Anonymousreply 147June 16, 2017 6:14 AM

Ha, R147. Deacon's whispery voice wears me the fuck out. It's too affected. Bring back Teddy! I thought he was the best-looking guy on the show.

by Anonymousreply 148June 16, 2017 6:22 AM

r148 I hated the way they did Teddy. The prostitute story was so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 149June 16, 2017 6:29 AM

BLM. BLM!!!

by Anonymousreply 150June 18, 2017 4:00 AM

Spoil the last two episodes, please. I can't bear to watch it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 151June 18, 2017 5:54 AM

r151 Scarlett mopes around. And keeps moping. And Gunnar looks at her. And British guy comes to visit (or something). And Scarlett continues to mope and then have a pity party for herself.

Clay and Maddie are pulled over by the cops who say Clay did a rolling stop but Maddie questions where the stop sign was. Obviously Clay is being pulled over because he's black. Maddie flips out and starts filming the officer and questioning him. They're both arrested. (A couple walking by films the incident). Deacon comes to bail them out. Clay's pissed with Maddie and says that is not how you fight back and later decides they need a break.

Scarlett continues to mope and be an insufferable cow.

by Anonymousreply 152June 18, 2017 5:58 AM

Wow, thanks. And this is about Country music?

by Anonymousreply 153June 18, 2017 6:00 AM

r153 oh sorry, there was some music-related stuff. Juliette stole a song from Maddie when she went to a songwriter and was hoping to get some songs from him but he wanted Juliette to pass a song onto Maddie. Of course Juliette wanted it for herself so she called the guy back and said Maddie wasn't interested. Then Juliette had a pang of regret and then started to write an email to Maddie apologizing, and then deleted it Juliette style.

by Anonymousreply 154June 18, 2017 6:04 AM

So Juliette stole the song when she said she told the guy she could record it since Maddie passed on it. Of course, when Maddie finds out, she'll have a Maddie tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 155June 18, 2017 6:06 AM

So Juliette will now sing the song because she told the guy Maddie passed on it. Of course, when Maddie finds out, she'll flip Maddie-style.

by Anonymousreply 156June 18, 2017 6:08 AM

Even for a soap opera, this sounds horrible.

by Anonymousreply 157June 18, 2017 1:27 PM

Scarlett continues to mope and be an insufferable cow.

The best summation of Scarlett EVAH!

by Anonymousreply 158June 18, 2017 9:02 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but re the moment when the cops pull the black bf over. I used to work in a restaurant, and one of the black cooks showed up an hour late. Why? Cops pulled him over because he was in a high-end white section, and made him stand with his hands on the car for an hour. This guy is the biggest teddy bear on earth, but the cops saw that he was black and in an area of town where you don't see many blacks. When the cops pulled Clay over was the first bit of reality I've seen on this show in a long time. It has really gone downhill.

by Anonymousreply 159June 18, 2017 9:11 PM

R159 It's called DWB (Driving While Black)

by Anonymousreply 160June 18, 2017 9:43 PM

r159 I have to admit the whole Maddie and Clay scene was very well directed and acted.

It's a shame that the showrunners Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz are not bringing the magic they brought for their previous shows. But that one scene is proof they can still create something powerful (and Callie Khouri wrote the episode). But when it goes back to Scarlett or the lame stories it only shows how it's not reaching its full potential.

by Anonymousreply 161June 19, 2017 1:26 AM

The show seems to be just wandering plotless now. I can't figure out this Scarlet character they've created. She's finally back together with Gunnar and she falls for the Brit guy in a hot minute to the point she's crying over him. It's just stupid. Don't see why Gunnar would stick around.

Also no single dad would or should be housing some teenage girl without at least contacting social services. Another dumb subplot.

by Anonymousreply 162June 19, 2017 1:36 AM

r161, Callie Khouri hit the writing on the head in this scene. Every word out of Clay's mouth was out of the Black Mother's Guide To Driving While Black. It was spot on as well as Maddie's oblivious white privilege. That was brilliant.

And then Callie Khouri continued to let Scarlett mope and ruminate.

by Anonymousreply 163June 19, 2017 7:25 PM

Callie Khouri became famous for writing "Thelma and Louise." So can she please have Maddie and Scarlett go on a road trip to the Grand Canyon?

by Anonymousreply 164June 19, 2017 10:37 PM

The writing for tonight's ep was really awful. Amateur hour. But at least we finally get Will back

by Anonymousreply 165June 23, 2017 3:25 AM

Hopefully season 6 will have a decent storyline for Will. It was nice to see him again though I guess.

by Anonymousreply 166June 23, 2017 3:53 AM

Will and the billionaire have no chemistry. I just don't see it. But I hope Will gets a big story.

by Anonymousreply 167June 23, 2017 5:25 AM

Scarlett is a cow between two pastures.

by Anonymousreply 168June 23, 2017 7:59 AM

I cringe whenever Zack talks about the digital world. NONE of it rings true. Do the writers even bother to talk to anyone who is involved in internet marketing or the music industry? It is laughably bad.

by Anonymousreply 169June 23, 2017 6:27 PM

I like that Will is going to suck hetero corporate cock.

by Anonymousreply 170June 23, 2017 8:22 PM

Well he needs to do something! R170

by Anonymousreply 171June 24, 2017 2:21 AM

That was the only interesting thing about the episode. Chris Carmack deserves so much better.

And what was the point of bringing on Rachel Bilson? I loved her on The OC and Hart of Dixie, but she's wasted here - a glorified extra.

by Anonymousreply 172June 24, 2017 3:44 AM

Fucking queens once again shit on another episode even though they have NO clue about what they'd like to see.

by Anonymousreply 173June 24, 2017 6:46 AM

We know exactly what we want to see, you sniveling harpy: more gay country mack sessions and shirtlessness, more plot, fewer bratty children and more music.

by Anonymousreply 174June 24, 2017 7:50 AM

Yeah i want what r174 's describing.

by Anonymousreply 175June 24, 2017 1:19 PM

[quote]And what was the point of bringing on Rachel Bilson?

I'd guess she's going to be Deacon's new love interest. Quite a step down from Connie.

Such a waste of Chris Carmack. (Though, to be fair, pretty much everyone is being wasted in this run of episodes.)

by Anonymousreply 176June 24, 2017 1:40 PM

What do we want to see? A better show, asshole. Something with honesty. Something with more music, for christ sake; it did start off with a lot, now the music is an afterthought. A show that doesn't feel like the internet is something their grandkids told them about, but they've only seen once, in a movie. A show that doesn't make you think the characters are being cutting edge by saying the word "hashtag." A show where the characters are interesting, and you care what happens to them. A show where the characters show some consistency, instead of changing who they are for the sake of the plot.

by Anonymousreply 177June 24, 2017 3:11 PM

Nashville has been good.

by Anonymousreply 178June 27, 2017 6:12 AM

I think I am ready to finally drop this show.

by Anonymousreply 179June 27, 2017 6:23 AM

I keep saying that, R179, but I keep hoping it will get better. I think I enjoy it now because it is so awful.

by Anonymousreply 180June 28, 2017 3:01 AM

I really miss the music. Who do they think their audience is with so many plots involving the dull and whiney Lennon sisters.

by Anonymousreply 181June 28, 2017 3:08 AM

Next week looks worse. Juliette thinks Avery is cheating with that woman Juliette recruited. Looks terrible.

And Scarlett is crying and moping again.

by Anonymousreply 182June 28, 2017 3:11 AM

I wish they would dump the kids

by Anonymousreply 183June 28, 2017 3:12 AM

If they dump the kids then we're stuck with Scarlett. And r176 I don't think Rachel Bilson is going to be Deacon's love interest. That's supposed to be Kaitlin Doubleday

by Anonymousreply 184June 28, 2017 3:50 AM

[quote]Who do they think their audience is with so many plots involving the dull and whiney Lennon sisters.

This ain't the Lawrence Welk Show.

Their surname is STELLA.

by Anonymousreply 185June 28, 2017 4:59 AM

Terrible episode. Too much Maddie/Daphne/Scarlett/Juliet drama.

And no Will.

by Anonymousreply 186June 30, 2017 3:50 AM

What an elegant show this evening. Scarlet was especially good, so pensive and perturbed, yet sultry.

I hope Deacon allows all the homeless teens to live in his house. It's good to give back to the community.

by Anonymousreply 187June 30, 2017 6:10 AM

r187, u so funny

by Anonymousreply 188June 30, 2017 10:00 AM

Looks like Will will be back next episode and he may be dumping the mogul with the bucks. How realistic is that?

by Anonymousreply 189July 1, 2017 5:46 PM

Nashville has turned into Bachelor Father. Hayden needs to go, she cannot lead a show.

by Anonymousreply 190July 4, 2017 6:18 AM

Is Will really gay? Or is that a scheme?

by Anonymousreply 191July 4, 2017 6:24 AM

He's playing the long con R191

by Anonymousreply 192July 4, 2017 6:25 AM

r191, big pussy hound, big Bush supporter.

by Anonymousreply 193July 5, 2017 2:35 AM

R193, when did they start a political storyline on Nashville? I'm wondering if now maybe they'll show Will at some Trump rally or something. I think there's layers to his character we haven't gotten to see yet.

by Anonymousreply 194July 5, 2017 5:34 AM

Maybe a switch to pop music is needed.

by Anonymousreply 195July 6, 2017 5:47 AM

Better episode than last weeks, probably due to the lack of drama from the kids. Plus the Juliet drama was pretty minimal. Of course, Scarlet was front and center, but I actually thought most of it was pretty touching.

Loved the scenes with Will, although the relationship drama was predictable.

Looks like next week most likely has no Will and extra kid drama.

by Anonymousreply 196July 7, 2017 6:28 AM

I wonder how much Budweiser had to pay for that commercial disguised as a plotline?

by Anonymousreply 197July 7, 2017 1:59 PM

Bud has consistently supported its consumers in the LGBT community. Notice it wasn't Coors?

by Anonymousreply 198July 7, 2017 8:22 PM

This was a good episode, primarily because it focused on the adults. It's funny how Deacon has women falling all over themselves to get with him and he is completely oblivious. And yeah, it's total, cynical product placement, but Will's Bud commercial was really pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 199July 8, 2017 2:06 AM

Liked the Bud commercial.

Deacon as chick magnet is pure soap opera plot line shifting.

by Anonymousreply 200July 10, 2017 9:36 PM

Chris Carmack is just so fucking sexy. I love him as Will and he looked incredible in the Budweiser ad.

by Anonymousreply 201July 11, 2017 6:52 AM

I don't watch any tv show other than this, so I'm curious: are product placements that obvious in other shows? First there was the Bud commercial, and in this episode they had Daphne's iPad playing Ingid Michelson, complete with a closeup of the phone, to make sure we knew who it was.

This show has become unwatchable, yet I keep going back.

by Anonymousreply 202July 14, 2017 2:23 PM

This is the most blatant product placement I've ever seen, R202, though I do think it's relatively well handled. Some of the daytime soaps have done it from time to time and it's always been embarrassingly awkward.

by Anonymousreply 203July 14, 2017 2:32 PM

Although their storylines are annoying, the Stella girls are both incredible actors. I wonder if they will have a career once the show is over. They are both excellent actors and singers, especially the younger one.

by Anonymousreply 204July 14, 2017 2:54 PM

For once, I wasn't annoyed by the Stella sister storylines. I thought the stuff with Daphne going to the makeout party with her goofy crush was very nicely handled, funny and touching.

by Anonymousreply 205July 14, 2017 3:31 PM

I like that there are four more episodes yet to air. All of my other faves have gone to shorter seasons.

Dam you, damn you to hell Lucifer!

Fuck you American Gods!

by Anonymousreply 206July 14, 2017 11:07 PM

Sadly season 6 is only going to be 16 episodes

by Anonymousreply 207July 15, 2017 3:16 AM

While it was nice that Will was at least in the episode, he didn't contribute anything to the plot unfortunately. And the preview for next week isn't making me optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 208July 21, 2017 3:49 AM

Does anyone think Gunnar will maybe die in a car crash on his way to Texas? That driving scene at the end was WHOA!

Scarlett's miscarriage was so sad. The best thing would be if she got pregnant again right away.

I hope Maddie gets revenge on Juliet for screwing her out of a number one hit. That was just plain wrong. I thought Juliet stopped that stuff after all the church scenes.

by Anonymousreply 209July 21, 2017 6:27 AM

Like a good Christian should, ya can't ask for forgiveness until you have done something wrong.

Praise Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 210July 21, 2017 9:34 AM

Fingers crossed that Gunnar and Avery fall into a torrid sexual relationship while out on the road together. Am I wrong in thinking that Gunnar would be the bottom with Avery even though he's about a foot taller?

by Anonymousreply 211July 22, 2017 5:25 AM

I really think Gunnar and Avery would be versatile and both look good taking it up the ass. Really, though, I wanted a big bro hug and more between Gunnar and Will.

I have a feeling Deacon will get involved with that blond singer. Just a suspicion on my part.

by Anonymousreply 212July 22, 2017 5:49 AM

Does Deacon still wear his signet ring?

by Anonymousreply 213July 22, 2017 2:43 PM

Two last episodes and nobody posting. Nashville is officially dead.

by Anonymousreply 214August 2, 2017 6:11 AM

Last week's episode was boring and new episode isn't until Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 215August 2, 2017 6:13 AM

Last week's episode was pointless. Gunnar with some random spending his time. It's like they're not even bothering to write plots anymore.

by Anonymousreply 216August 2, 2017 6:35 AM

Exactly, R216. Last week's episode did not advance any story whatsoever. The show is completely uninteresting and worthless now, but, for some reason, I can't stop watching it. I live in Nashville, and used to love seeing the locations they shot in. They don't even do that anymore. What are they trying to do with the show, other than make it the most uninteresting, pointless show on the air?

by Anonymousreply 217August 2, 2017 3:39 PM

[quote] They don't even do that anymore.

They don't even do WHAT anymore? Shoot in Nashville?

by Anonymousreply 218August 2, 2017 5:06 PM

Sorry -- I wasn't clear in my post. I don't know if they still shoot in Nashville or not, but they used to be all over the place. You would see them shooting all the time, and you would recognize a bunch of interesting locations in every episode. Now, however, they seem to shoot mostly interior scenes that could be shot anywhere, and the number of times when you recognize an actual location in the show have become fewer and fewer.

by Anonymousreply 219August 2, 2017 6:15 PM

It's all the budget cuts they had to endure with the move to CMT. I notice it in the lighting, of all things, it's dark as hell everywhere. Scarlett's house, Rayna James Manor, Gunnar and Wills house, they're like tombs.

by Anonymousreply 220August 2, 2017 6:22 PM

I miss Connie Britton

by Anonymousreply 221August 2, 2017 9:55 PM

I can't imagine it costs that much to throw in another light. My guess is that the darker look is an aesthetic choice, not a budget requirement.

by Anonymousreply 222August 2, 2017 10:38 PM

What about Deacon's signet ring?

by Anonymousreply 223August 2, 2017 11:10 PM

Scarlett mopes, Gunnar mopes. I like the Deacon plot with the damaged blonde but it is TOO slow. They are actually writing this at Soap Opera speed. It would be great if Nashville were 30 mins every day.

by Anonymousreply 224August 2, 2017 11:23 PM

OMG, Scarlett and Gunner find inner strength!!!!

{{{faint}}}

by Anonymousreply 225August 2, 2017 11:48 PM

I hope Scarlett becomes a rage-filled cage fighter. That would jazz things up.

by Anonymousreply 226August 3, 2017 4:28 AM

^^^YES

by Anonymousreply 227August 3, 2017 4:53 AM

Also, that poor old actress playing Gunner's geemawh. Did they actually count her lines to keep her at under five?

by Anonymousreply 228August 3, 2017 5:19 AM

Every story is on a path to nowhere. This running in place is awful, and last week was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 229August 3, 2017 5:51 AM

Scarlett holds her daughter.... I wanted to gag

I think the damaged blonde chick is playing a good long game with Deacon.

Maddie will make Juliette suffer

by Anonymousreply 230August 4, 2017 3:14 AM

Wow, and suddenly I don't care about Zach at all.

I hope Will dumps his ass. Was actually hoping for some kind of confrontation or at least a scene between them.

by Anonymousreply 231August 4, 2017 3:32 AM

Zach did show his ass. And it was another insipid episode. Are the writers so lazy that they have Deacon sing THREE songs at the Opry, just to fill up time so they wouldn't have to write, like, you know...actual dialog and a story? And: Deacon always talks about the integrity and country bona fides of his music, but his songs are bland pop country that wouldn't pass muster against the real, good country songs. (It was nice to hear the stupid Seattle branding chick sing the Eddy Arnold song "You Don't Know Me," the likes of which Deacon's music doesn't come close to being as good as.)

by Anonymousreply 232August 4, 2017 4:04 AM

I actually liked Maddie tonight.

Juliette has become insufferable. Back to being a bitch. Hayden is not strong enough to carry the show.

But the show is so dull now. It's too bad because I used to love it.

by Anonymousreply 233August 4, 2017 4:06 AM

I fully expect and hope that Daphne turns into a psycho killer and stalks that blond chick.

by Anonymousreply 234August 4, 2017 5:13 AM

The whole contract thing with Maddie made no sense.

A CEO would show up WHILE A COMMERCIAL WAS FILMED to demand lyric changes -- changes that add the words "Mascara 24" to the song? Huh??? Who DOES that???

And Highway 65 can just walk away from the commercial without their asses being sued for millions??? Not lawyer would be in Deacon's meeting with all his country songwriter? GMAFB.

Deacon's concert at the end went on too long. I can understand two songs. That's enough to get him to his epiphany. Three or four is ridiculous.

Why Rachel Bilson (Seattle chick) was given a song to sing is a mystery. I'm guessing she just said "I'd like to sing a song" and they said ok.

This show is in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 235August 4, 2017 6:00 AM

My guess is they gave Bilson a song because they needed to fill in a few minutes. But why would she sing that glorious old song? Her character would not know it, since she professed in her first episode that she doesn't know or like country. I might be wrong, but that song is not a standard, and wouldn't be known by anyone who doesn't have at least some knowledge of country music. And why did they keep showing Maddie at the doorway, looking at her admiringly? I half expected them to be in a lesbian affair by the end of the episode. It's like the writers aren't even trying anymore; they're just going through the motions and filling time with songs instead of dialogue, as though they couldn't be bothered to right a sinking ship any longer.

by Anonymousreply 236August 4, 2017 6:08 AM

The owner of the mascara company, very much NOT like the owner of a mascara company, asking for Maddie to change lyrics was a really bad plot device. Will should have sang the song and let the mascara guy blow him. See everyone happy. Mr. billionaire needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 237August 5, 2017 8:04 AM

[quote]I might be wrong, but that song is not a standard, and wouldn't be known by anyone who doesn't have at least some knowledge of country music.

You're definitely wrong. It was a huge hit, and even recorded by Ray Charles on his iconic "Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music" album. It hit #2 on Billboard's Hot 100 (NOT the Country charts.) And it's been recorded by hundreds of artists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 6, 2017 4:39 PM

Thanks, R238. I was only familiar with the Eddy Arnold version, or at least that's the only one I remember. It is such a great song.

by Anonymousreply 239August 6, 2017 6:49 PM

Didn't realize that was the season finale. Pretty underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 240August 11, 2017 3:52 AM

I cried so hard watching the season finale. Just so emotional.

by Anonymousreply 241August 11, 2017 5:43 AM

I like that there is The Evil Gay. And all he needs id family...

How many times are they going to pass off that one auditorium as every auditorium? One week it's the Opry the next an LA awards show.

by Anonymousreply 242August 11, 2017 8:50 AM

I want Scarlet to get hit by a speeding truck.

by Anonymousreply 243August 12, 2017 5:47 AM

r243, it doesn't have to be speeding.

by Anonymousreply 244August 12, 2017 7:07 AM

The mugger should've killed Scarlet

by Anonymousreply 245August 12, 2017 7:10 AM

You know that even dead, that bitch Scarlett will still find a way to whine and complain and blame Gunnar.

by Anonymousreply 246August 12, 2017 7:18 AM

Scarlett is just as cunty as her miserable mother was. Thank god her liver lives on in Deacon.

Hated Beverly.

by Anonymousreply 247August 12, 2017 7:35 AM

THAT was a season finale? It wasn't terribly climactic, although it was better than most of the previous episodes. Has it been renewed for another season? If not, that could explain why this last episode just faded away.

by Anonymousreply 248August 12, 2017 11:53 PM

[quote]Has it been renewed for another season?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 249August 12, 2017 11:55 PM

It actually HAS been renewed for another season r248

Yeah, I have no idea why either.

by Anonymousreply 250August 13, 2017 12:57 AM

RE the bitch fight between Maddie and Juliette. Yeah, J "stole" the song from M, but has M forgotten that her big song would never have been a hit if Juliette hadn't tweaked the chorus melody? I know that's awfully picky, but it bothers me that Maddie has never acknowledged Juliette's help with the song. In the real world, Juliette would have gotten some writing credit on the song.

by Anonymousreply 251August 13, 2017 2:53 AM

Isn't there one more episode this week?

by Anonymousreply 252August 14, 2017 11:55 AM

I don't think so R252.

by Anonymousreply 253August 14, 2017 4:05 PM

No new episodes until next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254August 14, 2017 5:00 PM

Mopey Scarlett is one of the more annoying TV characters. Also I really hate her short haircut. It ages her and makes her look like a matron. Then again, ugly haircuts are a hallmark of country music. (although agree this is more pop than country music. Even Maddie was up for pop rock song at the American music awards scene)

by Anonymousreply 255August 14, 2017 5:14 PM

My DVR had a new episode listed for next week. Must have been a mistake. It has been taken down

by Anonymousreply 256August 14, 2017 5:35 PM

When does the new season start?

by Anonymousreply 257September 24, 2017 8:33 AM

January 2018

by Anonymousreply 258September 24, 2017 4:24 PM

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 259September 24, 2017 11:29 PM

Season 6 will be the final season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 18, 2017 8:50 PM

I hope they go out in GoT style with a major character dying or leaving every episode.

WHY CAN'T DEACON BE HAPPY? WHY!?!?

by Anonymousreply 261November 19, 2017 4:56 PM

Deacon will be transitioning in the final season.

by Anonymousreply 262November 19, 2017 5:59 PM

r262 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

by Anonymousreply 263November 19, 2017 6:55 PM

If Kyle Dean Massey can't come back, I hope Will and Gunnar find love together.

by Anonymousreply 264January 12, 2018 9:01 AM

I can't watch because of Juliette.

by Anonymousreply 265January 12, 2018 9:23 AM

OK, two episodes in. Any comments?

by Anonymousreply 266January 12, 2018 5:46 PM

Is this back on? Dammit I missed it

by Anonymousreply 267January 13, 2018 2:10 AM

Glad it's ending. It's dreary anymore. Tired of that underlit kitchen. And Maddie is torturous!

by Anonymousreply 268January 13, 2018 2:18 AM

Connie Britton's new show 9-1-1 is pretty good.....and no SINGIN'

by Anonymousreply 269January 15, 2018 3:13 PM

What the fuck is a guitar pull?

by Anonymousreply 270January 16, 2018 1:13 AM

According to Villanova, a guitar-pull is a southern tradition where a small group of musicians sit around and take turns playing songs on a guitar. The “pull” part comes from the assumption that there was only one guitar among the group, so one may have to “pull” it away from another in order to get a turn. Big & Rich went on stage with Thompson Square and gave us one of the most entertaining shows we had ever done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271January 16, 2018 1:20 AM

This show has devolved into some pitiful plot lines.

It needs a murder in Moldova.

by Anonymousreply 272January 16, 2018 7:56 AM

Was really hoping we'd see more of this guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 29, 2018 11:38 PM

Can't believe they're doing a steroids storyline for Will. I guess it's better than an HIV storyline.

by Anonymousreply 274January 30, 2018 1:15 AM

Everyone's fucking but Daphne...

by Anonymousreply 275February 3, 2018 8:37 AM

I CANNOT WAIT until the cult leader tells Juliette to jettison Avery and the big headed baby. You know it's coming. And they sort of casually mentioned that being in that cult means you give them 25% of your income. I can barely care less about Deacon and his dumb girlfriend and their endless teenagery phone calls. Ugh. And Maddie and the Beiber stand-in are pretty tiresome. Also why can't Will and Gunnar be a couple? Why???

by Anonymousreply 276February 4, 2018 6:06 AM

I want Juliette to go to Bolivia and drink the Kool-Aid!

by Anonymousreply 277February 5, 2018 2:45 AM

I hate watch this show anymore, but I can't help but like and feel for Deacon.

by Anonymousreply 278February 6, 2018 9:20 PM

R270 -- I live in Nashville, and "guitar pull" is a very common expression here. As a previous poster mentioned, it's a party where everyone who wants to can sing a song. They're very very common. And this show has gotten fucking dreadful! Even though the first few seasons were melodramatic, at least they were amusing and entertaining. Now? They are DULL and uneventful and just not terribly interesting. I'm a former songwriter, and, although they got a lot of the details about the music industry incorrect, it was still interesting to see people trying to break into the industry, and struggling to create music, and how important music is to their lives. In this season, the music seems like an afterthought, and it doesnt show any of the struggle and sacrifices one makes for music. It could be called "Cleveland," and be about people who work in an Amazon fulfillment center, for how little music factors into the show. It would be more interesting if they went the way of, say Crazy Ex Girlfriend, and had the songs directly addressing the situation.

by Anonymousreply 279February 6, 2018 9:32 PM

A guitar pull sounds very much like a circle jerk.

by Anonymousreply 280February 8, 2018 9:37 AM

And last week's episode? Is there one single character or story line that we care about? Nope! It's a shame to see something that started off so strongly end with such a whimper. I do think the two girls are fantastic. I might not like their characters much, but they are both incredible actors. I wonder if they will have an acting career after this. Their parents are singer/songwriters who are firmly rooted in Nashville -- we have mutual friends -- but they should move to LA and act, if they want to.

by Anonymousreply 281February 11, 2018 4:34 PM

Is Kyle Dean still making music on Nashville?

by Anonymousreply 282February 11, 2018 4:48 PM

No, R282. He has not been on the show in a while.

by Anonymousreply 283February 11, 2018 6:12 PM

I think tbat Daphne will become stabby at the end of the series and there will be a mass killing.

The Nashville Moldova!

It would be so much easier to get the little bitch layed, pregnant and die in childbirth by the end.

by Anonymousreply 284February 12, 2018 3:28 AM

[quote]The Nashville Moldova!

I think you mean MOLDAVIA. Moldova is a real country.

I think there'll be a Moldavian massacre at Connor and Oliver's wedding on HTGAWM and they'll kill off some of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 285February 12, 2018 4:56 AM

Thank you r285, but my main point is that this is the last season and the writer's pen needs to be turned into an abattoir.

by Anonymousreply 286February 13, 2018 5:32 AM

I used to love this show, but this season is so damn boring.

by Anonymousreply 287February 13, 2018 8:36 PM

Does Duncan still wear his signet ring?

by Anonymousreply 288February 13, 2018 11:10 PM

I meant Deacon, not Duncan. LOL

by Anonymousreply 289February 13, 2018 11:11 PM

They advertised the Nashville replacement during this last episode: Music City.

A cast of young unknows.

Bad move CMS

by Anonymousreply 290February 20, 2018 7:36 AM

Who is CMS?

by Anonymousreply 291February 20, 2018 11:54 AM

^^^CMT, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 292February 21, 2018 12:09 AM

The next episode appears to drop in June. True or is Music City taking over?

by Anonymousreply 293April 7, 2018 7:30 AM

I recently rewatched the first season of Nashville, which was so great. I enjoyed practically every song. It has devolved so much, and I hate Maddie.

by Anonymousreply 294April 7, 2018 7:53 AM

Take me back to Nashville!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295April 8, 2018 3:57 AM

I want Daphne to end up a pregnant crack whore by the finale.

by Anonymousreply 296April 8, 2018 5:15 AM

^^^ and an opioid epidemic casualty.

by Anonymousreply 297April 8, 2018 6:31 AM

The final episodes trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 7, 2018 6:27 AM

Final episodes begin tonight!

by Anonymousreply 299June 7, 2018 4:04 PM

How many episodes are there? I gave up on this program ages ago, but it looks like I can watch again and see what happens to the characters.

by Anonymousreply 300June 7, 2018 4:10 PM

According to IMDB, it's 6 more but I'm not sure if that's accurate.

by Anonymousreply 301June 8, 2018 2:15 AM

I believe there are eight episodes. This is considered the second half of season 6; there were 8 in the first half. The finale is scheduled for July 26.

by Anonymousreply 302June 8, 2018 2:46 AM

S6E16 is the finale. I cant believe I let this slide and had to download 7 episodes tonight.

S6E16 airs Thursday?

by Anonymousreply 303July 25, 2018 5:47 AM

There’s so much to wrap up in the series finale that I’m not sure the writers knew they were writing the very last episode of the series.

It’s playing like a series heading for a cliffhanger episode, and that’s not good for fans who’ve been with it from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 304July 25, 2018 6:26 AM

You mean there will be no massacre in Moldavia?

by Anonymousreply 305July 25, 2018 8:36 AM

The show was wrapped beautifully. I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 306July 28, 2018 5:26 AM

I feel like Will was wasted. They really didn't know what to do with him after season 4.

And of course they paired him off with Zach instead of bringing back Kyle Dean Massey.

by Anonymousreply 307July 28, 2018 7:12 PM

But KDM was in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 308July 28, 2018 7:21 PM

Wait, was it a blink and you missed it moment at the end of the episode R308?

by Anonymousreply 309July 28, 2018 7:34 PM

Yes. He's in the cast reunion on stage at the end. On the far right, I think. Lots of other returnees from seasons past as well, including Eric Close and Will Chase. But they do go by quickly.

by Anonymousreply 310July 28, 2018 11:55 PM

Deaqcon, the Lady Edith of Nashville, seems to finally be happy.

The sisters are happy.

Old Granddad is happy.

Evil fuck sells for a loss, loses son and company.

Juliette, who knows.

Not a bad culmination.

by Anonymousreply 311July 29, 2018 5:11 PM

Finale - B+ from EW.com

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312July 29, 2018 5:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!