Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Homeland season 6 ia here

Showtime drama dropped its sixth-season premiere a whopping 17 days ahead of its scheduled debut. As of Dec. 30, the episode is streaming for all Showtime subscribers — whether they watch on the streaming service, the OTT app, Hulu or on-demand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ I just watched it. Found it weak.

Spoilers inside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270February 6, 2018 9:12 PM

SPOILERS

Carrie is now a champion for the sweet terrorists of the religion of peace. Quinn..it makes me mad what they did to him. Dar Adal is, as always, up to no good. The president elect is a woman (they sure thought it would parallel a Hillary win - ha!).

It doesn't look good.

by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2017 12:19 AM

The show has become boring as fuck. A bi-polar whore who is off her meds. I can see that on the streets of WeHo on any given night.

I only watched it for Damien Lewis, and Quinn. There is nothing interesting about Claire Danes, even though word has it that she's as big a whore as Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2017 12:43 AM

Why they don't advertise this more? It premiers on January 15. I can't wait to watch. R1 is right, they were off about Hillary lol (but weren't we all).

by Anonymousreply 3January 10, 2017 4:57 AM

I quit at the beginning of the 3rd season. The storylines became boring and complicated. How about a timeline of events beginning with season 1?

by Anonymousreply 4January 10, 2017 6:35 AM

R4 season 4 and 5 were much better. Season 3 was the worst imo.

by Anonymousreply 5January 10, 2017 6:53 AM

Best easons: 1, 4, 2, 5.

by Anonymousreply 6January 10, 2017 11:54 AM

Love this show but also find it to be sometimes unnecessarily complicated.

by Anonymousreply 7January 10, 2017 12:30 PM

Anyone who stopped watching early should check out seasons 4 and 5. They have their own storyline/arcs from beginning to end and are very well done. Hoping season 6 is the same.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2017 4:21 PM

I hate it when shows like this make me wait so incredibly long between seasons that I forget important characters and plot points. Homeland, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, I am talking about you. Six month hiatus, bah! Stop taking yourself so fucking seriously and get on with it - you are TV shows and not the cure for cancer.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2017 5:22 PM

[quote]Carrie is now a champion for the sweet terrorists of the religion of peace.

So she's no longer a mouthpiece for the racism of the producers? Is that what you're saying, little Trumpkin?

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2017 6:15 PM

Wall Street Journal review:

‘Homeland,’ Season 6 Review: A Politically Correct Carrie

Gone is the series’ original vitality, replaced with predictable politeness.

It’s a far from familiar Carrie, bipolar scourge of terrorists, who shows up in season 6 of “Homeland,’’ set in that destination strivers around the world dream of living in—namely, Brooklyn. She’s there having abandoned any further service to the CIA, because—she makes clear in the show’s opening episodes—she’s become increasingly dismayed by America’s policies in the Middle East. Not to mention at home, where she’s appalled to discover that the U.S government has been taking the threat of homegrown terrorism seriously and going so far as to investigate enthusiasts of jihad, creators of websites for the dissemination of messages from Islamic State, devotees of suicide bombers, and even charging some suspected of connection with terror networks abroad.

So it is that we find an even more chronically infuriated Carrie than the one of previous seasons. Instead of chasing around the capitals of the world hunting down terrorists about to set off explosions intended to take the lives of tens of thousands of unbelievers, she’s now spending her days in her Brooklyn offices devoted to legal defense of Muslim males she considers unjustly charged victims of the U.S. government. Unjustly charged in many ways, in Carrie’s view—the most remarkable aspect of which is her complaint that the government investigators aiming to prevent the next mass murder.

.... My guess she is working undercover and will kick Muslim ass later in the season. Otherwise the series will end this year as the audience turns off the SJW Carrie show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2017 2:59 AM

I had no idea this was available earlier for some people. I saw it tonight...I love homeland...one of the few shows left that I like. Lots of shit shows now on cable, like the affair, divorce, other useless shit not even worth mentioning...

I miss true blood, dexter!

I knew they wouldn't kill quinn off.

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2017 4:15 AM

Holy shit, you are still watching this clickbait show?

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2017 4:28 AM

Judging by the 1st episode, it doesn't look promising. I hope it improves as the season progresses.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2017 4:57 AM

i'm glad quinn survived. I like his character.

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2017 8:31 AM

Given what is going on in the real world, this will be boring.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2017 9:38 AM

Please bring back hot Quinn

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2017 12:09 AM

Special needs Quinn = not fun.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2017 1:18 AM

I can't believe they turned Carrie into a Brooklyn based hipster. Season 6 is disappointing so far. It's nowhere near season 5.

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2017 7:47 PM

I always give Homeland a chance. So far it is quite different but you know there is a good plot-line coming.

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2017 1:27 PM

What does the empty cigarette pack mean?

Damn, poor quinn got rejected! I was hoping they would happen...i know they will eventually.

by Anonymousreply 21January 30, 2017 5:50 AM

R21 it means someone from the apartment where Saul interrogated the guy, actually works for Iranians.

by Anonymousreply 22January 30, 2017 3:48 PM

I didn't quite get the cigarette pack thingy either, reading some recaps they say that one of the people in the interrogation/mossad team passed instructions up to the iranian guy

by Anonymousreply 23February 6, 2017 12:01 AM

Why is there no new episode tonight? Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2017 1:51 AM

R24, there's a little football game on.

by Anonymousreply 25February 6, 2017 1:52 AM

Only Trump voters care about football R25.

by Anonymousreply 26February 6, 2017 2:04 AM

R25 seriously?!? That's the reason?

by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2017 2:05 AM

This season is so fucking slow.

by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2017 4:38 AM

It's getting better but nowhere near the quality of seasons 4 and 5. I'm tired of Quinn and am ok with them killing him off and bringing in a new romance for Carrie. Her character makes no sense but I still enjoy the Mandy/F. Murray parts.

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2017 5:10 AM

It's becoming a chore to watch. The excitment is gone.

by Anonymousreply 30February 14, 2017 1:30 AM

Carrie's German boyfriend in the last season was hot AF. Bummer. Yes, I'm talking about the young one, not Otto.

I like the season only because I am a huge Homeland fan and know the characters...but will admit its a bit slow so far. And the whole storyline about the radicalized young kid was really UNinteresting honestly.

by Anonymousreply 31February 14, 2017 4:27 AM

Season 4 (to some extent) and (especially) season 5 both had great scripts and were full of hot people.

by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2017 4:33 AM

I cheered when Sekou blew up.

by Anonymousreply 33February 14, 2017 4:39 AM

Yeah, they had that cute german last season...this season, nobody cute so far...

I watched from day 1 so I am sticking with homeland til the very end. Still enjoy the characters and i hope it picks up speed soon. Although, it's been quite predictable so far.

by Anonymousreply 34February 14, 2017 7:16 AM

Hey guys, I love spy thrillers and drama. I recently discovered Berlin station, it's on epix and I binge watched the whole season 1 on demand. I really enjoyed it. You guys should check it out.

Any spy drama series to recommend?

by Anonymousreply 35February 17, 2017 2:23 AM

The best spy drama is The Trump Administration .

by Anonymousreply 36February 17, 2017 10:58 AM

[quote] Any spy drama series to recommend?

Deutschland 83.

by Anonymousreply 37February 17, 2017 12:02 PM

[quote] Yeah, they had that cute german last season...this season, nobody cute so far...

PETER QUINN, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 38February 17, 2017 12:51 PM

Saw the first episode and now i wish that they'd killed Quinn off.

by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2017 4:57 PM

[quote]Saw the first episode and now i wish that they'd killed Quinn off

well just keep watching, he doesn't stay like that....I'm enjoying this season so far

by Anonymousreply 40February 17, 2017 5:11 PM

R40, yes me too!

by Anonymousreply 41February 17, 2017 5:13 PM

I'm with R31. The hot German boyfriend made last season. If they'd just shown his crotch for the entire hour, it'd have been worth watching.

I'm ok the storyline this season, but the only hottie I've noticed is the Middle Eastern lawyer. They downgraded Quinn's looks for his current predicament.

by Anonymousreply 42February 17, 2017 5:37 PM

I'll take your word for it R40.

by Anonymousreply 43February 17, 2017 5:48 PM

Second episode was better than first. I can't with the Quinn stuff though.

by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2017 5:49 PM

Quinn should have stayed badass, the sarin gas storyline was a mistake. And, back when he was first introduced in season 2, Quinn had a wife, a kid and his real name was John - I liked his mysterious persona and the no romantic ties with Carrie. Making Peter Quionn a schoolboy with googly eyes for Carrie was the beginning of the end of the character.

by Anonymousreply 45February 17, 2017 6:07 PM

I agree R45. It was a mistake trying to get Carrie and Quinn together.

by Anonymousreply 46February 17, 2017 6:11 PM

r40 how do you know?

by Anonymousreply 47February 18, 2017 11:41 PM

r40 is he faking it?

by Anonymousreply 48February 19, 2017 9:10 PM

Finally a good episode.

by Anonymousreply 49February 20, 2017 1:52 AM

It's definitely picking up steam so glad the smug Seku blew up. He was a difficult character to root for.

London Spy with Ben Whishaw is a really good one but it's short, only 4 episodes. Lazy Brits.

by Anonymousreply 50February 20, 2017 4:11 PM

The whole Quinn storyline makes increasingly less sense. I mean, even for Homeland.

First, how did all those protesters know to gather at Carrie's house.

Second, given how well known Quinn's story is-- didn't Carrie even show him the video in the first or second episode this season and explain that everyone knew about it-- given how famous his story is, why didn't Carrie just tell the police chief who he was. And wasn't there someone at the CIA or Army hospital she could call to explain what was going on. The whole hostage thing seemed really far fetched.

I'd still jump Rupert Friend's bones in a heartbeat and he's doing a great job of playing brain damaged Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 51February 20, 2017 5:05 PM

Agree I love Rupert Friend too. I want him cleaned up soon though. This episode was epic. One of the best in a while, and the best this season. Yes, you have to suspend belief at the raid, but with social media that shit could happen fast.

by Anonymousreply 52February 22, 2017 1:11 AM

I think the guy across the street or his organization set up the protest. The aggressive protestors seemed staged like they were plants there to cause trouble or a riot. I think they are setting Carrie up by helping get her client released then implicating him in a terror plot and then bringing attention to her house. They did not count on Quinn though. I love how his instincts kicked in even though he has diminished capacity. I hope he stays on the show. I started with Season One and am a lifer too. I met Saul randomly. He was nice, I was worried he would be a dick because of what people here have said about him but he was cool.

There are some good Swedish crime dramas but they are hard to get. They were on PBS a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 53February 22, 2017 1:39 AM

Mandy Patinkin remains the best actor on TV.

by Anonymousreply 54February 22, 2017 1:43 AM

I think it's Dar Adal doing, trying to frame Carrie so the president elect will have to ditch her and her advice.

by Anonymousreply 55February 22, 2017 2:11 AM

That's what I think, R55.

by Anonymousreply 56February 22, 2017 2:13 AM

r55 That would be too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2017 6:22 AM

Dar always comes across as shifty but has not been shifty so far. Next season they have to have a president undermined by IC for the sake of the country then Dar will be useful.

by Anonymousreply 58February 22, 2017 10:00 AM

I think the plan is have the president elect killed before she takes office.

by Anonymousreply 59February 23, 2017 9:14 AM

I hear you all re: conspiracy and social media gathering the crowd and all, but what about my other point--that the show has been pretty clear to point out that Quinn was considered a hero because of what happened in Berlin and his story was very well known.

Given that, why didn't carry just say "that's Quinn, the guy who got gassed in Berlin" to try and stop the police from thinking they had a hostage situation on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 60February 23, 2017 9:43 AM

Because Homeland is full of plot holes and now in season 6 the writers are even more lazy.

If it isn't Dar sabotaging and framing Carrie, then it is the president's aide, the black guy. It can't be Saul, the president or Quinn....and the cast's pretty much these people.

by Anonymousreply 61February 23, 2017 9:02 PM

Interesting R61. The easy answer is Dar because Carrie threatened him in response to his threat.

by Anonymousreply 62February 23, 2017 9:49 PM

Based on the scenes being filmed in Brooklyn last weekend I think you are correct R59.

by Anonymousreply 63February 23, 2017 10:14 PM

It can't be Saul because he is a producer on the show. I think Quinn was not supposed to come back but the fans were so upset they ended up bringing him back. I hope he got a raise.

by Anonymousreply 64February 23, 2017 10:37 PM

R64, Saul and Quinn are fictional characters.

by Anonymousreply 65February 23, 2017 10:38 PM

Yes I know but I did not feel like writing out their real names.

by Anonymousreply 66February 23, 2017 10:40 PM

Tomorrow night's episode already up on Showtime.

by Anonymousreply 67February 25, 2017 11:26 AM

R67 it's probably because of Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 68February 25, 2017 3:38 PM

Another good episode.

by Anonymousreply 69February 27, 2017 4:44 PM

yes. poor quinn in the loony bin.

by Anonymousreply 70February 27, 2017 11:12 PM

Sorry to lose hunky federal law dude (not sure what his job was).

by Anonymousreply 71March 4, 2017 12:09 PM

I'm enjoying this season. The scope is less global than in past seasons but still interesting.

That FBI agent (now dead) is hot and so is the Arab lawyer Carrie is working with .

Interesting to see the intrigue unfold and how Dar Adal is trying to manipulate everything.

by Anonymousreply 72March 4, 2017 3:12 PM

Oh, Astrid, how we've missed thou!

by Anonymousreply 73March 6, 2017 1:54 AM

The FBI agent played Nurse Jackie's husband in Nurse Jackie. In that show, he owned and worked as a bartender.

by Anonymousreply 74March 6, 2017 4:32 AM

Thoughts on the reveal that Dar and Quinn have fucked?

by Anonymousreply 75March 6, 2017 6:17 PM

I can't believe that no one has any thoughts about that.

by Anonymousreply 76March 6, 2017 10:10 PM

I thought that was already hinted at in a previous season.

by Anonymousreply 77March 6, 2017 10:16 PM

R77, when? I don't remember? please refresh my memory.

by Anonymousreply 78March 6, 2017 10:52 PM

What I remember from last season when Quinn was in the hospital: Dar Adal recruited Quinn as a teenager from a foster/group home because his good looks would help get some guy in Hong Kong.

by Anonymousreply 79March 6, 2017 10:59 PM

Dar just needs to have sex with Carrie already. That girl's honey trap is cursed and terrible things and or death happen to all those who enter it. It's about time Dar met such a fate.

by Anonymousreply 80March 7, 2017 2:52 AM

Either Dar fucked Quinn or pimped him to dirty old men. Poor Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 81March 7, 2017 3:23 AM

Looks like the show does have issues with homosexuality. The only gay character in 6 seasons was the villain in season one who called himself a "cocksucker" and he went down in a NY minute. Now we see a "perv" coming out in season 6. They need to step up the gay game.

by Anonymousreply 82March 7, 2017 5:21 AM

Dar's statement, "For the record, I never forced myself on anyone," indicates that he did indeed fuck Quinn when he was young and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 83March 8, 2017 6:13 AM

Someone who worked on the crew told me there's another "big boom" at the end of the second from the last episode of the season.

by Anonymousreply 84March 11, 2017 9:25 PM

I think the Russians hacked Homeland's scriptwriters for it to so abruptly go into such a 180 degree turnaround.

Last fall the show was renewed for seasons 7 and 8. I suppose both seasons will also concentrate on fighting the evil jews in Israel and American intelligence agencies. I haven't seen weekly ratings on the news season yet but you know they have to be in freefall. Maybe it is time to bring back Dana Brody, or give us back the real Saul and Carrie instead of these imposters.

by Anonymousreply 85March 11, 2017 11:20 PM

I am watching this show coz i've watched from Day 1. and there is nothing else good to watch on TV at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 86March 11, 2017 11:35 PM

Still sad about Timothee Chalamet's character being blown up at the end of Season 2. Talia Balsam? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 87March 11, 2017 11:54 PM

R84, does that mean another terror attack in the show or a major character dying? I think Sol might die. Or Dar. I hope not Quinn! I want him to get his wish and get together with Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 88March 12, 2017 12:03 AM

I hate Claire Danes and her giant fucking head

by Anonymousreply 89March 12, 2017 12:13 AM

R88, she said a few people get killed but she wouldn't say who.

by Anonymousreply 90March 12, 2017 8:09 PM

Thanks for the info R90, much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 91March 12, 2017 8:20 PM

R89 wtf? Her head is not big at all.

by Anonymousreply 92March 12, 2017 10:14 PM

Homeland is the best show on TV now. Waiting for game of Thrones

by Anonymousreply 93March 12, 2017 10:18 PM

The best show on TV right now is Big Little Lies

by Anonymousreply 94March 12, 2017 10:38 PM

An explosion scene was filmed in my neighborhood and it was pretty easy to figure out who the target was.

by Anonymousreply 95March 12, 2017 11:33 PM

ASTRID! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

by Anonymousreply 96March 13, 2017 1:59 AM

I hate the female Preaident elect. She better be one of the people that die.

by Anonymousreply 97March 13, 2017 2:08 AM

R97 me too. She's a bitch. Can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 98March 13, 2017 2:56 AM

Me three, can't stand her as well.

by Anonymousreply 99March 13, 2017 3:06 AM

Nononono Not ASTRID! OMG! That just gave me a huge case of the Sads. Nina Hoss' character was the SMARTEST, TOUGHEST, and she was never complicated - just all business and good at it. Was a pleasure to see her appear on screen last week. I had loved the way she handled that foolish american leaker. Quinn will never get over that bullet business.

She was played by Dar too, that cocksucker! Now HTF is Quinn going to get back to Carrie and Saul? Dar just froze them out of the PETUS circle by corrupting that Iranian. Carrie is back at the agency, She is going to need the protection and so is Quinn and Quinn has it all figured out now.

by Anonymousreply 100March 13, 2017 5:02 AM

r100 I couldn't agree more. I enjoyed every second with Nina in the show. She's fantastic. Such a shame. I'm with those who say it's the best show atm. I don't see any other show coming even remotely close to Homeland.

by Anonymousreply 101March 13, 2017 5:16 AM

The female protagonists are terrific, as are the leading men including Quinn. Oh Astrid, you were a straight up kinda woman. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 102March 13, 2017 5:49 AM

Yes, I will miss Astrid. Now can we have more hot guys on the show next season please? Can quinn be given some advanced research to aid his recovery? Stem cells injections etc? Or maybe if he got really serious about phy. rehab?

by Anonymousreply 103March 13, 2017 6:01 AM

Quinn has nine lives.

by Anonymousreply 104March 13, 2017 10:16 AM

Quinn is a highly trained killer and highly experienced. Poor Quinn, he lost another person who cared about him.

by Anonymousreply 105March 13, 2017 2:42 PM

R94 Big Little Lies only JUST started getting interesting and it only has a few episodes left to wrap everything up.

by Anonymousreply 106March 13, 2017 4:30 PM

Homeland last night was amazing. The "good guys" are having so many set backs--it's crazy!

by Anonymousreply 107March 13, 2017 4:30 PM

The Iranian guy came to the meeting with the president-elect in Carrie's car, but then afterwards he hops into a waiting SUV. Where did that come from and who was driving it?

by Anonymousreply 108March 13, 2017 5:27 PM

R108 I wondered that too. I assume Dar sent it

by Anonymousreply 109March 13, 2017 6:32 PM

No one knows Quinn is alive. He is coming for Dar. Who will get to Dar 1st, Quinn or Carrie & Saul?

by Anonymousreply 110March 14, 2017 12:10 AM

Quinn killed Astrid. Stupid fucker.

by Anonymousreply 111March 14, 2017 5:39 AM

Yes R111 how I feel. Astrid would have dropped that monster. I am beginning to hate Quinn for this.

by Anonymousreply 112March 14, 2017 6:09 AM

Quinn aside, how did Carrie not get affected by the murder of the FBI guy? He called her before he died, wouldn't she be at least interrogated? Not to mention her entering the crime scene and taking his fucking gun (the same used for the fake suicide).

This is getting so absurd.

by Anonymousreply 113March 14, 2017 10:08 PM

Absurd but GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 114March 14, 2017 10:32 PM

R113 Agree that was odd as was her "oh by the way" comment to Saul about the murder.

by Anonymousreply 115March 14, 2017 10:57 PM

Love Nina Hoss she is such a contrast in acting style vs. Claire Danes. I think both are excellent but I love her cool German way and her accent.

by Anonymousreply 116March 20, 2017 3:17 AM

Did we know Dar was gay?

Rupert Friend is next level this year. He is tearing it up and better be nominated for an emmy!

by Anonymousreply 117March 20, 2017 11:54 AM

How in the world did Peter still have the technology in his car to listen in to Dar's phone call with the killer?

by Anonymousreply 118March 21, 2017 12:11 AM

The Quinn storyline is fun but it's some seriously silly "McGyver" style shit. At this stage, the show has devolved into a dumb, guilty pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 119March 21, 2017 12:16 AM

Quinn's underwater evasion from the killer, his ability to easily elude the two cops, his remarkable recovery from his illness in the period of about a week, and his ability to tap Dar's phone are all a bit...um...unrealistic.

by Anonymousreply 120March 21, 2017 12:21 AM

Quinn was trained to be a killer, he's got all kinds of skills. Great instincts allowed him to escape.

He's been good in this, I don't really care abt carrie's kid, I predict far is gonna die and Carrie will go back to cia

by Anonymousreply 121March 21, 2017 12:27 AM

I want to have sex with the grey haired black ops guy even though he's a tad on the pudgy side. I bet he throws a mean fuck.

by Anonymousreply 122March 21, 2017 3:22 AM

R120 he recovered? To me he still looked the same.

by Anonymousreply 123March 21, 2017 3:25 AM

I used to watch it but Carrie is such a fucking, psycho bitch. Couldn't be bothered anymore. I just want her to die.

by Anonymousreply 124March 21, 2017 3:34 AM

Is she still ,as OP mentioned in the first post ,changed and on the side of the religion of peace?

by Anonymousreply 125March 21, 2017 3:51 AM

Have Mandy and Rupert ever had a scene together? Do you think Mandy wanted to kill Rupert off out of jealousy?

Can you picture Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy fucking? I can't. Is it a green card marriage?

What's Rupert Friend's story? Why do all these British guys have such goofy last names?

by Anonymousreply 126March 21, 2017 8:51 AM

When did Quinn tap Dar's phone? Did we know Dar was gay? Why did he remove the bullets from Astrid's gun? It's all become a bit implausible but it's still damn good, edge of your seat TV.

by Anonymousreply 127March 21, 2017 11:40 AM

R127, Quinn didn't trust Astrid then, he took bullets out in case she was gonna use it on him.

Quinn was already in dar's house before far came back, so he probably did it then. Also Quinn had used this same tech last season to find out carries location in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 128March 21, 2017 7:41 PM

About those bullets - Astrid drew a bead on that gunman he was toast, all would have been resolved. Dar would have been exposed But now Quinn has to either kill the assasin first, or contact Carrie and Saul. Someone that lives in the nabe where the show is filmed stated they had seen or heard an explosion I expect that it was the Young man in the truck? Nobody has anything to say about the PETUS. Too sensitive a topic I suppose.

It was very cool to display how organized Trolling to saboutage political opponents actually looks. The issue of fake hate story plants was in today's news cycle exposing Anti Hillary bloggers on Sanders pages. That is something worth revisiting in an investigative report. It might go a way to exposing Trump as a true enemy of the US.

by Anonymousreply 129March 22, 2017 4:50 AM

I just got to watch the episode tonight, which shockingly shows the "bots" company that creates fake SM profiles, etc that are anti-Keane (ala anti-Clinton-esque) right after I had just watched Rachel's show tonight which was about the exact same thing happening in real life re: Russia. I've always loved how this show is VERY concurrent with certain political issues of the immediate present.

by Anonymousreply 130March 22, 2017 6:44 AM

Just before Quinn hits Dar unconscious, Dar tells Quinn, he didn't try to have him killed because.... "I love you."

So did Dar molest Quinn when he was younger? Is this why Quinn is such an emotional mess?

by Anonymousreply 131March 22, 2017 7:10 AM

The only person dar loves is himself, he merely said that so Quinn would spare him, he even told Quinn he was his child etc

by Anonymousreply 132March 22, 2017 8:35 AM

R131, it was strongly suggested a few episodes ago that they did have sex. I gather it will be spelled out in the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 133March 22, 2017 4:58 PM

Looks like the end of Dar this season. Too bad because I liked the character.

by Anonymousreply 134March 22, 2017 5:10 PM

Yes R131 -- as R133 notes, it was pretty much spelled out-- last season they said Peter was pretty and so good bait for a Hong Kong underworld figure they were trying to lure (assumption was said underworld figure was male.) Then Peter said something like his skills weren't the only reason Dar liked him back in the day and then called him a dirty old man, to which Dar replied it was all consensual (or something to that effect.)

My guess is that they will not explain it however as it makes for too much of a non-PC mess. Gay Dar the Pedophile (maybe he could get shot at the Pizzagate restaurant, lol) Quinn being fucked up because he was molested and sexualized by men at a young age (hi Bruce Weber and Brian G!) --all too messy in today's climate.

by Anonymousreply 135March 22, 2017 5:20 PM

Thanks for that, R135, I knew it was referenced last season, I just couldn't remember the context.

by Anonymousreply 136March 22, 2017 5:30 PM

Bumping for that person who keeps posting in every other thread asking for a link. Here ya go.

by Anonymousreply 137March 25, 2017 6:25 PM

r137 thank you 👍

by Anonymousreply 138March 25, 2017 6:28 PM

60 Minutes is doing a story tomorrow night regarding fake social media accounts and the influence and power they have - I immediately thought of Homeland and how current the storyline was - I'm going to tune in to both shows tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 139March 26, 2017 8:14 AM

When are Saul and Carrie going to finally fuck?

by Anonymousreply 140March 26, 2017 8:48 AM

👉👌🌋📡🛏♋️

by Anonymousreply 141March 26, 2017 11:16 AM

R140 Oh yuck.

by Anonymousreply 142March 26, 2017 11:27 AM

No one answered my question. Is Carrie some SJW pro-Muslim person now? Or was that an act? I used to love this show, watched up to season 4.

by Anonymousreply 143March 26, 2017 11:51 AM

Just started season 6 and retarded Quinn is bumming me out. 😿

by Anonymousreply 144March 26, 2017 12:36 PM

Ugh, I can't stand the bitch President.

by Anonymousreply 145March 26, 2017 4:42 PM

Are Quinn and Carrie ever going to bone, now that he's a retard?

by Anonymousreply 146March 26, 2017 5:04 PM

R145, are you one of them Hillary haters?

by Anonymousreply 147March 26, 2017 5:09 PM

I hope not R146

by Anonymousreply 148March 26, 2017 5:14 PM

r147 wtf does a fictional character have to do with HRC? Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 149March 26, 2017 5:15 PM

R145/R149, kindly choke on the shit you eat.

Why are you calling the PRESIDENT-ELECT a "bitch"? There's zero indication she is one. Therefore it's highly likely you're a Hillary hater. And therefore you can fuck off, Sylvia.

by Anonymousreply 150March 26, 2017 5:18 PM

Answer my question: is Carrie SJW or is she saving the US from terrorism?

by Anonymousreply 151March 26, 2017 5:18 PM

r150 you're so basic.

by Anonymousreply 152March 26, 2017 5:36 PM

R151, Carrie works for a pro-muslim foundation...it's ridiculous. She now defends the same terrorists she used to chase. She doesn't believe in the CIA anymore and they're making Mossad the be the bad guys of the season.

by Anonymousreply 153March 26, 2017 10:58 PM

Is that true, R153? (And thanks for answering my question). Ugh. I don't want to watch it - and I loved the first few seasons. I was going to return to it...but maybe not. Is it possible it could be some big set up or is it just globalist propaganda now? Maybe they wrote it that way thinking there would be a Hillary win.

by Anonymousreply 154March 26, 2017 11:32 PM

It's not a setup..yes, it is globalist propaganda now. Iranians are the good guys and Mossad, bad. The muslim terrorist Carrie was defending was just a good, misunderstood kid! Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 155March 26, 2017 11:34 PM

[quote] Maybe they wrote it that way thinking there would be a Hillary win.

DEFINITELY. The president-elect is as biatch molded after your HRC.

by Anonymousreply 156March 26, 2017 11:35 PM

Yuck. They ruined it.

by Anonymousreply 157March 26, 2017 11:39 PM

[quote]after your HRC.

She isn't mine, and I am not even American.

by Anonymousreply 158March 26, 2017 11:40 PM

Congratulations R158

by Anonymousreply 159March 26, 2017 11:42 PM

great episode tonight. can't wait for the next one.

by Anonymousreply 160March 27, 2017 3:53 AM

Agreed R160. Best episode of the season yet. It was great to see Mira again. A lot of people seem to find this season slow, but I think it is much better than last year's 5th season, which while it had some good story lines and episodes, never really came together for me. Can't wait for the final two episodes of the season!

by Anonymousreply 161March 27, 2017 9:56 PM

I find it fascinating that there's a big company made up of right wing propaganda bots, just like the Russian Troll bots that we have here....

Spoilers below*****

I don't think Mossad is the real enemy....Dar went rogue and linked with a Rush Limbaugh-type hate jock and his right wing cohorts. Quinn's old team are working along side them and have become domestic terrorists. This is what are country has become in RL.

Poor Max.

by Anonymousreply 162March 28, 2017 8:38 AM

I thought with Trump and cronies nothing scripted could be as interesting as this and I'm wrong. The parallels to what is going on in D.C. now are right there, whether they got the president right or wrong. Imagine if Hillary had won, this could easily have been done to her. Great stuff.

by Anonymousreply 163March 28, 2017 8:51 AM

How many more episodes are left till the end of the season?

by Anonymousreply 164March 28, 2017 3:38 PM

2 👨🏿‍💻

by Anonymousreply 165March 28, 2017 4:20 PM

Yes, but is it really fun to watch now that it is globalist propaganda? That does not sound like fun. I used to like the show.

by Anonymousreply 166March 28, 2017 4:26 PM

I'm rewatching season 5. If anyone wants to rewatch with me, Im on episode 2.

by Anonymousreply 167March 28, 2017 4:26 PM

r165 thanks!

I want to cancel Showtime subscription after the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 168March 28, 2017 5:20 PM

Berlin station is also a good series, I enjoyed it.

Strike back on Cinemax is ok, lots of action in this series, the lead is always naked and fucking everyone, very sluty, he's in blind spot on NBC now.

by Anonymousreply 169March 29, 2017 2:37 AM

R164, there are two more left.

The British actor who plays the Alex Jones character should never have been cast. His accent is truly horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 170March 29, 2017 4:36 AM

That Right Wing Hate Jock is truly evil just like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, Lou Dobbs. Now that they won, who are they going to hate now?

by Anonymousreply 171March 29, 2017 4:56 AM

I thought the last episode -while still edge of your seat TV -was over-the-top far fetched. I really had to suspend credulity. I mean the one spook who infiltrated the troll factory is supposed to be working in VA yet he seems to be go back to NY like he's in Westchester.

I think Rupert Friend is killing it BTW. He is an amazing actor and fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 172March 31, 2017 1:51 AM

[quote]This is what are country

Oh. dear. You Hillbots are truly dumb.

by Anonymousreply 173April 1, 2017 1:35 AM

R163 really? Hell no, she was Secretary of State, as Sen of NY she was in on intelligence briefings post 9/11, she had long established ties To people in the the various intelligence agencies. And she had Bill as well as deeply loyal insiders that deeply respected her. Homeland PETUS was vulnerable & Naive - the one thing Hillary was never.

by Anonymousreply 174April 1, 2017 4:25 AM

R162 is not far off. Consider the Internal Affairs branch of the FBI is investigating (and very very likely to prosecute) the NYC branch of The FBI for apparently blackmailing Comey with press leaks if he refused to participate in the "Clinton Cash" BS. Guliani hinted at the pending "October surprise" and that ruthless pathologically steaming pile of shit is well in on the game.

So Mercer funded/Breitbart-Bannon published Screed is pedaled by high ranking US Security Agency/FBI to destabilize a Female Candidate. Yeah - it does sound like the Homeland PETUS theme. Homeland has a number of former CIA/FBI agents as advisors. With liberties it borrows themes. They could have made the fake news site more realistic with a min of 300 fake news workers though.

by Anonymousreply 175April 1, 2017 12:58 PM

No, R175, the craft service budget for Homeland can only stretch to 25 union background, 50 non-union per shoot day.

by Anonymousreply 176April 1, 2017 2:23 PM

Ha! R176. Digitally or similar means -I should have stated that it was more of a wish list. Thanks for the inside detail.

by Anonymousreply 177April 1, 2017 5:20 PM

Is the Americans better than Homeland? Margo Martindale says so.

by Anonymousreply 178April 1, 2017 10:04 PM

This season has been good like the previous one. I've been a fan from the first episode and I hope they'll bring in more seasons.

by Anonymousreply 179April 1, 2017 10:09 PM

I like both a great deal. But the women characters are much better In Homeland.

by Anonymousreply 180April 2, 2017 1:19 AM

The Americans, although great, can sometimes contain episodes in which very little happens. The same can't be said of Homeland.

by Anonymousreply 181April 3, 2017 10:57 AM

Maybe we will find out next week, but I don't understand this business about somebody setting up a rogue web page for Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 182April 4, 2017 5:25 PM

Since the fake page was littered with threats to the incoming president, I assume the villains want to assassinate her and pin the blame on Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 183April 4, 2017 5:44 PM

R183 is correct - this is what shows in the previews. But that page must have been organized after Quinn went to Dar. This is horrible, poor fucking Quinn cannot catch a break. I hope Carrie can save the day.

by Anonymousreply 184April 4, 2017 6:45 PM

[quote]I hope Carrie can save the day.

When hasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 185April 4, 2017 7:54 PM

Rupert Friend is doing excellent work with his portrait of Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 186April 4, 2017 10:12 PM

I hate what they did to Quinn. He's supposed to be the sexy badass. The victim role does not suit him.

by Anonymousreply 187April 6, 2017 4:30 AM

I love Dar Adal. Hope he survives the season (and escapes!).

by Anonymousreply 188April 6, 2017 4:38 AM

Dar Adal is annoying. He looks like a character who would have had his heyday in the 1960s. Instead, we're stuck with him season after season, while he repeatedly undermines the agency he helped create.

And I find the story line to be absolutely ridiculous. Carrie leaves the agency, in order to practice immigration law (among other things), but she secretly advises the PEOTUS? Please BITE ME!

Also very offensive, is the portrayal of the first woman president. Why would she need to receive foreign policy advice from a bi-polar, recovering alkie, ex spook, who has pretty much fucked up every single assignment or post throughout her career with the agency? I understand that this is pretty much what is currently playing out in our own country, but they should have had a "Trumo like PEOTUS", rather than a portraying this woman as incapable of doing her job. Very sexist and lazy of the writers to do that.

by Anonymousreply 189April 6, 2017 5:50 AM

Please, I hope quinn survives!!! I saw the previews and they the cops had quinn's pic, on the lookout for him....i bet it's gonna be a hangover again! ughhh....

by Anonymousreply 190April 6, 2017 6:11 AM

[quote]...bet it's gonna be a hangover again!

Probably should cut back on the gin there, R190. I assume you meant cliffhanger.

by Anonymousreply 191April 6, 2017 9:12 AM

r189 - you may think that about Carrie, but she is also a genius, and the one that always cracks the case. You been living under a rock?

by Anonymousreply 192April 6, 2017 6:44 PM

R 189 Really? Apparently you havent watched the show much. Carried repeatedly saves the day, well ahead of her colleagues. Much like women in the CIA have been known to do - capture of Osama Bin Laden is the most famous example of a successful operation,

I think you are simply a misogynistic troll. How refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 193April 6, 2017 7:39 PM

R192 and R193, I understand that this show is fiction, but a woman like Carrie (who I actually DO like as a character) would have a pretty difficult time just making it in a normal, day to day job. She wouldn't last more than 6 months with the CIA. And the ONLY reason why I'm choosing six months as the threshold, is because I've worked in very intense situations, where I saw colleagues who were under the same kind of pressure that I was under, be given the courtesy of a six month trial period, before they were terminated.

There are certain jobs that just don't allow a lot of "wiggle room". Fuck ups are not reversed and cannot be fixed in those types of jobs. CIA Officer is one of those jobs. Carrie would have been either accidentally killed, purposely killed by enemies of the state, held as a prisoner in some God forsaken hole in the ME, fired, and/or in federal prison or a federal hospital, had she actually worked for the company.

I enjoy the show immensely. I have watched it from day one. I LOVE Quinn. But I wish that they would make Crazy Carrie less crazy!

And now she's drinking again. Fuck!!!! Why can't she ever learn from her past mistakes? No doubt the intelligence community has seen its fair share of alcoholics, but this is getting old. People genuinely don't function at their best when manic, or when under the influence. It's extremely difficult to get decent analysis on the table under the best of conditions. No way will you get it with a bunch of handicaps like addiction and untreated mental illness. Please, let me see Carrie at her absolute best for once in this fucking show!

Now, on that note: we are currently launching warheads into Syria. This too, will not end well, and it is happening much much sooner than I had guessed.

by Anonymousreply 194April 7, 2017 1:29 AM

Sorry But Hillary just spoke about this Syria situation she said that she would also attack the airfields that were used to launch the Sarin gas from. She said that the world is a global community and that there are standards for conduct and international tribunals are real. Hillary of course had tried 3 or 4 times to end this horror years ago, with proposals to replace Assad during her tenure, as a Candidate to create no fly zones to protect the Resistance. Now Assad has been shown. Trump must be replaced, and he must go.

by Anonymousreply 195April 7, 2017 1:59 AM

I used to be a big Quinn fan but honestly I don't think he should survive the season. He's too far gone and done a lot of bad things, not to mention his impairment. Let the character die a noble death and leave with some dignity.

by Anonymousreply 196April 7, 2017 2:09 PM

Quinn is what the CIA calls a 'NOC'. Carrie was never a NOC. She can't get away with the same shit Quinn gets away with.

For dramatic purposes, this show goes way overboard. I get it, but it is still somewhat annoying to watch at times. It's difficult for me not to SMH during certain set ups and scenes. No way would most of this shit fly IRL.

IRL, Quinn would not have survived the Sarin Gas exposure. And IRL, Carrie would have been fired in S1. And plenty of people leave the agency and do remain friends with active officers. However, no one starts meddling in company work once out. Either you are on the reservation, or off, regardless of official cover, or NOC. There's no in between.

by Anonymousreply 197April 7, 2017 2:29 PM

Rupert Friend was on CBS This Morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 7, 2017 2:33 PM

Quinn deserves to be the last man standing on this show. It's been interesting that the show has eluded to Iran helping North Korea with nukes. I certainly hope this is strictly fiction.

by Anonymousreply 199April 7, 2017 2:44 PM

OMG Nooooooooooooooo!!!! spoiler alert!!!

He died!!!!! I'm sooooo sad!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 200April 10, 2017 1:26 AM

dal is right! she is unamerican!!! fucking cunt!!!

by Anonymousreply 201April 10, 2017 1:52 AM

all I gotta say is...there better be a hot male character next season!!!

by Anonymousreply 202April 10, 2017 1:54 AM

So has the president been bad all along?

by Anonymousreply 203April 10, 2017 2:07 AM

yes, she is a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 204April 10, 2017 3:00 AM

So we've confirmed that Dar Adal is gay-- the classics scholar at G.W.

Though for all we know that's a ruse to get Saul to deliver a coded message to an accomplice for him.

Have we ever learned Dar Adal's ethnic background. I assume he is some sort of Muslim -- Dar is an Arabic word that means "house" or "home" but in a larger sense (Dar al-Salaam means House of Peace) but his actual background is never brought up, is it?

by Anonymousreply 205April 10, 2017 3:04 AM

And to think I actually started to sympathize with the PEOTUS these last few episodes. I can't believe that son of a bitch Dar was right all along. AARGH!

Great season though! (RIP Quinn)

by Anonymousreply 206April 10, 2017 3:06 AM

See! Just another example of the media trying to demonize female politicians! It's misogyny!

by Anonymousreply 207April 10, 2017 3:08 AM

[Quote] For dramatic purposes, this show goes way overboard. I get it, but it is still somewhat annoying to watch at times. It's difficult for me not to SMH during certain set ups and scenes. No way would most of this shit fly IRL.

IRL, Quinn would not have survived the Sarin Gas exposure. And IRL, Carrie would have been fired in S1. And plenty of people leave the agency and do remain friends with active officers. However, no one starts meddling in company work once out. Either you are on the reservation, or off, regardless of official cover, or NOC. There's no in between.

Agreed.

[Quote] He died!!!!! I'm sooooo sad!!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

by Anonymousreply 208April 10, 2017 12:35 PM

After the dramatic ending in season 5, the ending this season seemed so underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 209April 10, 2017 3:50 PM

Well, they certainly have the set-up for the next season. Is Linus Roache (POTUS' partner in crime) supposed to be the next series hottie? I like him, but he's no Rupert Friend.

What's troubling about the show this time is that it seems to excuse Dar's behavior at the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 210April 10, 2017 4:48 PM

Pls, Carrie deserves a hot, hot man who struts around naked all the time next season, she deserves it, she saved the world so many times!!!

by Anonymousreply 211April 11, 2017 12:00 AM

Really was disliking the tone of this season (ie - Carrie and Saul's 180 degree turnaround) but the finale was great.

[quote] I just got to watch the episode tonight, which shockingly shows the "bots" company that creates fake SM profiles, etc that are anti-Keane (ala anti-Clinton-esque)

The anti-Kean (ala anti-Clinton-esque) "bots" seems to have been correct.

[quote] Dar Adal: There's something off about her, the president I mean. I know, I've said it before... something dogmatic and dangerous. Something distinctly un-American.

Just before Kean (ala anti-Clinton-esque) starts a Statuesque purge. Dar just might make a comeback, provided he isn't stood against a wall and shot by a progressive president.

by Anonymousreply 212April 11, 2017 12:56 AM

Every time I hear Rupert Friend speak in his own voice I wonder why he's doing a British accent... and then I remember.

I hope he finds something good for his next project.

by Anonymousreply 213April 11, 2017 12:59 AM

maybe they can say it was a dream and he will come back

by Anonymousreply 214April 11, 2017 2:00 AM

[quote]Really was disliking the tone of this season (ie - Carrie and Saul's 180 degree turnaround) but the finale was great.

I did not watch this season. I read here that Carrie was SJW now (ugh). Will that be over next season? How was the President bad? Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 215April 11, 2017 2:01 AM

Rupert's a good actor but he is tiny, can't be more than 5'6"

by Anonymousreply 216April 11, 2017 2:02 AM

OK, so Dar's plan was to make the president Elect look bad and try to oust her. BUT, he was double-crossed and others plotted to assassinate her and blame it on Quinn. OK, so who were the "other" and why?

by Anonymousreply 217April 11, 2017 2:17 AM

A lot of the cute ones are tiny

by Anonymousreply 218April 11, 2017 2:19 AM

R218 got lost on his/her way to Breitbart.

by Anonymousreply 219April 11, 2017 2:23 AM

Rupert's not short. I've seen him twice in NYC and he's tall, at least 5'11" or 6'.

by Anonymousreply 220April 11, 2017 2:31 AM

I don't understand why the Breitbart guy was still free at the end, the Pres-Elect promised to put him in jail, and you know Dar would have given him up as an immunity plea deal.

by Anonymousreply 221April 11, 2017 6:38 AM

I think President Kean has been marginalized and will do as told by the Military because she knows what they are capable of. Nothing new here. All presidents once in office learn WHO controls them and they are veiled threats. Jimmy Carter had a supposed assassin named Ray Lee Harvey (sound familiar) who was said to be tracking him. IT was an obvious CIA ploy to keep Jimmy Carter in line and to know anytime they wanted to take him out they would.

by Anonymousreply 222April 11, 2017 9:41 AM

Next season Carrie should just stay single permanently. I don't know why they tried to pair her up with Quinn in the first place. I don't think they had alot of chemistry. I also they had just killed Quinn at the start of the season.

by Anonymousreply 223April 11, 2017 12:40 PM

[quote]I did not watch this season. I read here that Carrie was SJW now (ugh).

don't believe everything you read

by Anonymousreply 224April 11, 2017 12:47 PM

Great show

by Anonymousreply 225April 11, 2017 4:46 PM

Quinn died saving the president's life. Carrie will seek revenge.

by Anonymousreply 226April 11, 2017 10:45 PM

Is the president bad and is Carrie still fighting terrorists?

(Stopped watching at season 4)

by Anonymousreply 227April 11, 2017 11:19 PM

I don't get why Keane would offer Carrie a job as her NSA and then go forward with the a complete plundering of her administration? I think I am done with this show. It makes 0 sense. I need to find Rupert's next project and focus on that.

by Anonymousreply 228April 12, 2017 1:28 AM

R228, I think the job offer was not really serious. Keane wanted to use Carrie to lull her former colleagues into a false sense of semi-security before lowering the boom on them. After that, there's no way Keane would ever trust Carrie enough to have her on board. At least that's my interpretation.

I wonder if Keane is a plant by some foreign government or just wants to dismantle the intelligence community.

by Anonymousreply 229April 12, 2017 1:01 PM

Will it be revealed in the next season that Keane and that vile Bannon-like character are in cahoots?

by Anonymousreply 230April 12, 2017 4:45 PM

After that video libeling her son, I can't imagine they're in cahoots. She must have a different agenda. Also, it wasn't clear to me from the final episode whether that fake news center in VA that O'Keefe was running got shut down or not.

by Anonymousreply 231April 12, 2017 4:48 PM

David Wellington (Linus Roache) will be one of the show's villains next season, not a hottie. A crew friend told me they'll be shooting the entire season in DC.

And Rupert Friend is 6' tall. I know his stand-in, who's quite a gay hottie.

by Anonymousreply 232April 12, 2017 6:58 PM

Thanks, R231. I wonder if Wellington is leading Keane down a dark path, or if both of them are villains.

I will say that the show has become more like "24" with Carrie in the Kiefer Sutherland role, rather than the more complex dramatics of Seasons 1,2 and 4.

by Anonymousreply 233April 12, 2017 9:23 PM

Talk shows w with Charlie hamnanThx for the info r232, I thought he was short coz I saw him on a talk show with Charlie human from that biker show and he appeared shorter

by Anonymousreply 234April 13, 2017 10:07 AM

Sorry I messed up my post, typing on phone ugh. I'm looking forward to next season

by Anonymousreply 235April 13, 2017 10:08 AM

I got the sense that maybe Dar et al. had caused Keane to become the thing they feared she would be; that their behaviors had scared her personality and made her paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 236April 13, 2017 10:40 AM

Probably the right way to read it, R236.

by Anonymousreply 237April 13, 2017 10:41 AM

Keane realizes she is a puppet and the military will kill her if she does not allow their agenda to move forward.

by Anonymousreply 238April 13, 2017 10:56 AM

Do we know for sure there'll be a next season?? I pray there is-- it's so good!!

by Anonymousreply 239April 13, 2017 12:07 PM

yes R239 it's been renewed for 2 more seasons

by Anonymousreply 240April 13, 2017 12:22 PM

Good point R236. You're probably right, and Wellington may be taking advantage of her state of mind for his own purposes.

by Anonymousreply 241April 13, 2017 1:44 PM

Was she looking at a photo of her son in that final shot? It would make sense that the trashing of her beloved son caused her to come a tad unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 242April 13, 2017 2:44 PM

It's a shame what they did to Quinn. I wonder if Claire Danes has some beef with Rupert Friend? By reading his exit interviews, it doesn't seem they liked or even appreciated him that much. Maybe she put the kibosh on the Quinn-Carrie pairing? Anyway. Quinn was supposed to be the sexy badass and having him physically and mentally impaired just wouldn't work.

by Anonymousreply 243April 14, 2017 1:38 AM

Rupert deserves an award for this season.

by Anonymousreply 244April 14, 2017 1:47 AM

By reading his interviews, it's pretty clear Danes, the producers and even Patinkin have no love for him. Bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 14, 2017 7:04 PM

They shouldn't have killed off both Quinn and Astrid and effectively removed Dar and Saul from the action. They'll wind up introducing too many new characters at once who no one will be invested in.

by Anonymousreply 246April 25, 2017 6:24 PM

[Quote] It's a shame what they did to Quinn. I wonder if Claire Danes has some beef with Rupert Friend? By reading his exit interviews, it doesn't seem they liked or even appreciated him that much.

Personality clash maybe??

[Quote] Maybe she put the kibosh on the Quinn-Carrie pairing?

They shouldn't have tried to pair them up in the first place.

[Quote] Quinn was supposed to be the sexy badass and having him physically and mentally impaired just wouldn't work.

I agree but Rupert did an excellent job this season.

by Anonymousreply 247April 25, 2017 6:43 PM

I've never heard any specific beef between Danes and Friend. In fact, she was complimentary about him the first season his character was introduced. But things can change, and now that the series has become more about Carrie being practically a Jack Bauer-type character, I wonder if Danes just wants to be even more the center of attention.

by Anonymousreply 248April 25, 2017 9:07 PM

[Quote] I wonder if Danes just wants to be even more the center of attention.

Is that even possible??

by Anonymousreply 249April 26, 2017 5:00 PM

I worked on set back in February in the scene when the garage exploded. Danes and Friend seemed amicable but worked differently. He'd bounce around set chatting with crew and she'd be preoccupied by her phone, a book or a magazine.

by Anonymousreply 250April 26, 2017 5:03 PM

R250 Thanks for sharing. Did you get to chat to Rupert??

by Anonymousreply 251April 26, 2017 5:09 PM

I did, R251. He was adorable. He talked about his wife and joked that he made such a big effort to get home early enough on Valentine's Day and she was conked out on the couch.

by Anonymousreply 252April 26, 2017 5:52 PM

R252 That's cool. He sounds like a bit of a romantic.

by Anonymousreply 253April 26, 2017 5:56 PM

Sad they wrote Quinn out, but I like you cannot be sure any other than Carrie and Saul, who are both producers, will stay.

by Anonymousreply 254April 26, 2017 6:01 PM

I think they did the right thing with Quinn's character, and Friend was definitely up to it. It was a much meatier part for an actor than just being James Bond. As for all this other speculation about who likes who in the cast, how junior high girlish can you get?

by Anonymousreply 255April 26, 2017 6:37 PM

[Quote] As for all this other speculation about who likes who in the cast, how junior high girlish can you get?

Did you forget the part where this is a gossip site??

by Anonymousreply 256April 26, 2017 6:40 PM

They'll have to come up with more interesting regulars for Season 7 to be in the administration with the Elizabeth Marvel and Linus Roache characters.

by Anonymousreply 257April 26, 2017 9:46 PM

Someday I'd like to get the inside of how much, if any, the November election result changed the Homeland plotline.

The episodes filmed before the election had Reformed Carrie and Wise Humane Lady President learning the "truth" how the bad people were not actually Muslim terrorists at home and abroad, but rather evil Jews in Mossad and evil white guys in CIA.

Then Hillary loses her certain path to 270, Trump is the president-elect, and they still have four episodes left to film. I'm reasonably confident demonstrators chanting "Not my president" would not have been dialogue written in the summer of 2016. I just wonder if the finale followed the original plan with the big reveal of the treacherous president-elect declaring martial law and purging all her enemies.

I really have trouble believing before the election they'd have let Dar say that he’s not sure what he did was wrong, and that there’s something off about Keane: she’s “dogmatic,” “dangerous,” and “distinctly un-American.” , and then proving him correct.

by Anonymousreply 258April 26, 2017 11:08 PM

R258, what I heard from crew people was that Elizabeth ran as a progressive Bernie type but would turn out to be a vicious fascist who would order Muslims to be arrested and put in concentration camps.

by Anonymousreply 259April 27, 2017 12:15 AM

Much obliged r259. That answers me nicely.

by Anonymousreply 260April 27, 2017 4:00 AM

After becoming bored one Night, I decided to look up Berlin Station. Very entertaining!. If you like Homeland, you'll get hooked on this show. I might say that it was just aso good or better than this past season of Homeland. Ashley Judd will be joining the show for the second season.

by Anonymousreply 261April 27, 2017 5:41 AM

R261, i'm glad you liked it. I enjoyed it as well, I'm looking forward to the new season. Hopefully Ashley Judd's plastic surgery won't be too distracting. Stike Force might be interesting to you as well. It's more action packed.

by Anonymousreply 262April 27, 2017 5:47 AM

Ashley Judd was excellent in that limited ABC show about her son being kidnapped in Europe. Can't remember the name but was bummed it was canned.

by Anonymousreply 263April 27, 2017 10:00 AM

R263 I think it was called Missing?

by Anonymousreply 264April 27, 2017 4:33 PM

Yes, another up vote for Berlin Station.

by Anonymousreply 265April 28, 2017 12:42 AM

Season 7 trailer. Airs February 11 at 9 PM EST.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 12, 2017 8:05 PM

R258, I do think you have a point about the real election maybe changing some things in the plot. I don't think you are right, however, about the "Not My President" dialogue not being a part of the plans for the show in the Summer of 2016 and something that had to be changed later. The saying itself goes way back. I even had a button with the saying that I used to wear during the early years of the Reagan presidency. It was heard by conservatives throughout the Clinton presidency, by liberals throughout the W. presidency, and by conservatives again throughout the Obama presidency. Think back to the election. People who opposed Hillary were already saying she wouldn't be their president well before the election just as many others were saying the same about Trump. Given how much the Breitbart character had ginned up hatred against the President elect, it wasn't too far-fetched to think there would be crowds screaming it.

by Anonymousreply 267December 12, 2017 9:14 PM

It seems season 7 will feature a Trumpy president who hates intelligence offices and was elected by Russia. I might be back in. I stopped watching last season as soon as I saw Quinn was a nerve-damaged zombie foaming at the mouth. I really don’t like to watch anyone suffering that much. It seemed sadistic.

by Anonymousreply 268February 6, 2018 12:11 AM

Will Trumpy Bear make an appearance?

by Anonymousreply 269February 6, 2018 9:35 AM

New season, new thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270February 6, 2018 9:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!