Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kellogg's has killed Product 19!

When you hear the name Product 19, you’ll either flash on an experimental invention from some corporate R&D department, or, if you’re one of its fans, you might think of the health cereal, rare in the aisles of American supermarkets yet loved all the same.

But earlier this month, Kellogg’s announced that it had officially discontinued the cereal. While most people these days seemed to barely know of its existence, Product 19 died—a slow, oaty, fade to black, leaving devoted fans desperate.

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't discontinue this cereal," one fan wrote on Kellogg's community boards a few months ago. "I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cereal!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94Last Sunday at 2:55 AM

You were the only one.

by Anonymousreply 112/26/2016

Never heard of it. What made it unique?

by Anonymousreply 212/26/2016

They killed a cereal I liked in the 1990s. I don't remember its name. It came in a white box with blue lettering. It was a mix of different grains, I think mostly corn. And it had almonds and raisins. It was addictive, so I stopped eating it. So they stopped making it.

by Anonymousreply 312/26/2016

Fat mongrel bitches

by Anonymousreply 412/26/2016

I wonder how many Products they tested before coming up with this one?

by Anonymousreply 512/26/2016

Kellogg's kills the product that kills

by Anonymousreply 612/26/2016

r5

About six times as many tries as I did before I wrote "I'll Tumble 4 U"

by Anonymousreply 712/26/2016

I would love to have original Special K cereal with the smaller, crispy flakes back. Now they're giant flat flakes like every other boring cereal.

by Anonymousreply 812/26/2016

[quote]"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't discontinue this cereal," one fan wrote on Kellogg's community boards a few months ago. "I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cereal!"

Would someone please tell the MARY! to just buy Total?

by Anonymousreply 912/26/2016

My mother used to buy this - they didn't put much effort into naming it. I always thought it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 1012/27/2016

Bigg Mixx, r3. It was great.

by Anonymousreply 1112/27/2016

I always preferred Product 20.

Its got 1 more

by Anonymousreply 1212/27/2016

I agree - I miss the "Old" Special K. The new one is also instant soggy.

Do they still make the corn flakes with dried banana bits? They made it in the early '60s , then brought it back recently.

by Anonymousreply 1312/27/2016

Yo, what the fuck is this mascot? It's like a moose with a pig snout and rooster head?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1412/27/2016

[quote]Would someone please tell the MARY! to just buy Total?

Total is wheat, Product 19 has a lot of different grains. I had forgotten about the original Specialized

Remember Tide XK?

by Anonymousreply 1512/27/2016

Cereal is gross.

by Anonymousreply 1612/27/2016

I think it's gross with milk. On the rare (2x a year) occasion I eat cereal, I use apple cider. Milk just grosses me out.

by Anonymousreply 1712/27/2016

I still miss Post Fortified Oat Flakes.

by Anonymousreply 1812/27/2016

I miss Quaker Puffed Rice.

by Anonymousreply 1912/27/2016

Cereal killers

by Anonymousreply 2012/27/2016

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackk! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I WONDERED why I haven't seen it on the shelves of my smalltown, small chain, grocery store in quite a while. DAMN!!

by Anonymousreply 2112/27/2016

What the hell happened to Pep???

by Anonymousreply 2212/27/2016

R18, I loved them too!

by Anonymousreply 2312/27/2016

It's back

by Anonymousreply 2401/22/2019

It's been years, but if R3 is still here, I think he's talking about Bigg Mixx. That stuff was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 2501/22/2019

Also, I think R24 is trolling.

by Anonymousreply 2601/22/2019

Good advertising could have saved it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2701/22/2019

All of their cereals look and taste alike. Who cares about this one?

by Anonymousreply 2801/22/2019

Product 19 is delicious, dammit.

by Anonymousreply 2901/22/2019

I like fruity pebbles

by Anonymousreply 3001/22/2019

[quote]I think it's gross with milk. On the rare (2x a year) occasion I eat cereal, I use apple cider. Milk just grosses me out.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 3101/22/2019

What about King Vitamin?

by Anonymousreply 3201/22/2019

I liked Niagara Shredded Wheat

by Anonymousreply 33Last Thursday at 6:36 PM

"Cereal killers"

I barely grazed it with my car!

by Anonymousreply 34Last Thursday at 6:55 PM

R33 beeech! I thought you revived this 2016 thread to at least make a covid 19 joke!

by Anonymousreply 35Last Thursday at 7:00 PM

That's the real reason for discontinuing it -The name reminds people of Covid 19.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Thursday at 7:07 PM

Em it's 'a Mixx', R14

by Anonymousreply 37Last Thursday at 9:13 PM

Never had Product 19 but this thread is really making me want to try some Bigg Mixx.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Thursday at 9:21 PM

That’s a shame. ™

by Anonymousreply 39Last Thursday at 9:26 PM

I haven’t thought about Product 19 in ages. It used to be advertised on TV a lot as was Grape Nuts. I haven’t thought about that one in forever too. I don’t know if they still make it, since I rarely go down the cerise aisle I haven’t seen it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40Last Thursday at 9:57 PM

Going on 50 years now and people still bitch about Kellogg's dropping Concentrate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41Last Thursday at 10:06 PM

[R33], when I was ten years old in Catholic school, I ate a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats. The following day that bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats was disgorged on Carol Ann Allgeyer's black patent leather shoes. I've never been able to face them again. The Frosted Mini Wheats, not the shoes..l

by Anonymousreply 42Last Friday at 12:50 AM

Product 19 was okay, but I would get tired of a box of it soon enough.

Of the big brands, I'd pick some Total-ish brand that looked not too deadly, or maybe Wheat Chex; more likely one the grains/nuts/fruit "healthy" blends. I eat cereal only rarely so it has little impact on my diet or health.

I ate cereal daily as a child, in a time when mothers didn't hover over the cereal aisle making elaborate decisions about: gluten? vegan? nutritional analysis? eco-impact? sugar content? politics of the company that produced it? Traveling to Ireland with my parents at age 7 my parents were American obsessed with finding my favorite cereal of the moment, Kix; in any town we would have to stop in at the grocery shop to ask for Kix, which of course no one had, except one shop which had one box only and then another a week or so later. I didn't put me off cereal then, but the big ordeal made about finding my favorite and all the grumbling about "Why don't they carry the complete range of General Mills cereals in every little Irish shop of a village of 210 people?" would in time make me a more patient and accepting traveller.

by Anonymousreply 43Last Friday at 1:14 AM

They went to far with the little marshmallow bats 🦇

by Anonymousreply 44Last Friday at 1:20 AM

Too far*

by Anonymousreply 45Last Friday at 2:05 AM

This is Product 19, not Product 1. You would think that after 18 tries, Kellogg's could come up with a cereal that would last forever.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Friday at 2:17 AM

Product 19 was unique and popular when it came out since it was one of the few multigrain cereals that was higher in fiber was nutritional and it tasted good. Today there are many multigrain cereals available that fit that bill.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Friday at 2:39 AM

Feverishly 🥵 Delicious

by Anonymousreply 48Last Friday at 4:38 AM

r36 has reading comprehension issues.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Friday at 9:55 AM

Can you imagine the outcry if they tried to revive this today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50Last Friday at 9:57 AM

I miss Colon Blow!

by Anonymousreply 51Last Friday at 11:46 AM

r51 = Michael or Elliott?

by Anonymousreply 52Last Friday at 11:51 AM

^^ Huh?

by Anonymousreply 53Last Friday at 5:15 PM

Why not just rename it?

by Anonymousreply 54Last Friday at 9:06 PM

What happened to Product 18?

by Anonymousreply 55Last Friday at 9:09 PM

[quote]I eat cereal, I use apple cider. Milk just grosses me out.

That sounds more gross to the rest of us. Apparently someone has emotional issues with milk.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Friday at 9:13 PM

Product 19 from District 9, it's out of this world!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57Last Friday at 9:22 PM

[quote]Can you imagine the outcry if they tried to revive this today?

I have no idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58Last Friday at 9:24 PM

My grandma was always watching her weight. We'd drink Alba shakes and eat Grapenuts, then snack on Ayds candy from her purse. Then I grew old enough to read the cereal box, and learned Grapenuts had enough calories to sustain a small village. What were you thinking, Gammy?

by Anonymousreply 59Last Friday at 9:34 PM

As a kid I would sometimes put orange juice on cheerio's instead of milk, and also occasionally dunk toast in OJ instead of tea - it tastes pretty much just like OJ but crunchy - never used apple juice. The normal way to eat Cheerio's in my house was to apply a very liberal amount of Hershey's syrup to a dry bowlful and then add milk - much better chocolatey tasting cereal than Cocoa Puffs, and no doubt even worse for you. I did this in the college cafeteria from time to time and by the reactions I realized nobody but my wacky mother had ever thought of this before.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Friday at 9:41 PM

I haven't thought about Product 19 in decades. Now that I know I can't have it it's the only thing I want in the world.

Well, that and the imprisonment and eventual shivving of the former host of The Apprentice..

by Anonymousreply 61Last Friday at 10:19 PM

[quote]As a kid I would sometimes put orange juice on cheerio's instead of milk, and also occasionally dunk toast in OJ instead of tea

Again, I just threw up in my mouth. No other kids did that you freak. Stop acting like it's normal. Has no one ever told you that?

by Anonymousreply 62Last Friday at 10:38 PM

You troll so hard R62 - where did you get the concept of "this is normal" from a post about the weird food shit I did as a kid? You're not even amusing.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Friday at 11:31 PM

R63 He's just jealous that he didn't come up with the brilliant idea of Hershey's syrup in Cheerios.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Friday at 11:37 PM

Product 19 was named by the same ad agency that named Formula 409 and Preparation H.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Friday at 11:40 PM

I am not a troll R63. Orange juice or apple cider and cereal is just gross. And FYI the person who said it was throw up first was someone else.

by Anonymousreply 66Last Friday at 11:43 PM

If I put liquid on top of dry cereal and eat it, said liquid will be apple cider. Apple cider Ina would approve of, you may be certain, but yes, apple cider. What's 'just gross,' r66, is milk.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Friday at 11:46 PM

You have a screw lose R67. Show me a cereal package or commercial where they pour apple cider into the bowl full of cereal.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Friday at 11:50 PM

Cereal is garbage food

by Anonymousreply 69Last Saturday at 12:11 AM

r14, that's the future of farming!!!

by Anonymousreply 70Last Saturday at 12:32 AM

Bring back Start cereal .Only thing similar was Aldi's own brand but it has also been discontinued .They seemed to have a savoury taste almost like bacon and stayed crunchy for ages.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Saturday at 1:55 AM

[quote] apple cider and cereal is just gross

It most certainly is not. I do that all the time. It tastes delightful.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Saturday at 3:31 AM

There's no accounting for taste.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Saturday at 3:39 AM

They are just going to rename it to Product 16 to better appeal to its Conservative base.

by Anonymousreply 74Last Saturday at 3:40 AM

Last year General Mills quietly killed Quaker Puffed Wheat and Puffed Rice.

by Anonymousreply 75Last Saturday at 3:43 AM

I want to know what other disgusting crap the ‘cider in cereal’ people voluntarily eat.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Saturday at 3:43 AM

I think we now have a new official troll, the Cider in Cereal Troll. In the same category as the Wash My Pasta Troll and the Breakfast Sausage in Lasagna Troll.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Saturday at 3:46 AM

We were working class. We ate Cap'n Crunch. I loved it 😍!

by Anonymousreply 78Last Saturday at 3:49 AM

[quote]I think we now have a new official troll, the Cider in Cereal Troll.

Does this refer to the persons—there are at least two of us—who prefer to eat dry cereal with apple cider, or to the cunt who's making fun of us?

by Anonymousreply 79Last Saturday at 3:52 AM

Block the disingenuous cider troll. He's just doing it to annoy.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Saturday at 3:57 AM

[quote]I want to know what other disgusting crap the ‘cider in cereal’ people voluntarily eat.

I eat disgusting things like lasagne alla bolognese, roast chicken with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable, salmon at least once a week, other pasta dishes, often with Marcella's tomato, butter, and onion sauce, or else bolognese or marinara, over which I grate Parmigiano-Reggiano. I usually drink San Pellegrino or iced tea, coffee in the morning.

I hardly ever eat dry cereal. I don't know why you've seized on this tiny little preference. Are you YMF? (Remember her Talenti diatribe?)

by Anonymousreply 81Last Saturday at 4:05 AM

R41, I loved Kellogg's Concentrate and I wish they would bring it back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82Last Saturday at 4:16 AM

The pasta straining troll was a whole other level, but this cider thing is definitely "Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage in lasange" level.

I hate it when this thread gets bumped because it always reminds me of Product 19 and that it was discontinued years ago.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Saturday at 4:20 AM

* lasagne

I'm gonna get yelled at for that, probably.

by Anonymousreply 84Last Saturday at 4:24 AM

Product 19 is people!

IT'S PEOPLE!

IT'S PEOPLE!

by Anonymousreply 85Last Saturday at 4:25 AM

They're coming up with Product 20, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Saturday at 5:03 AM

R81 Chicken should be served with rice, not potatoes. Now we know why you have a personal troll.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Saturday at 5:08 AM

Not if you like potatoes, r87, and couldn't give a fuck about rice. Please go bathe in cider.

by Anonymousreply 88Last Saturday at 5:10 AM

R64 - my mom came up with Hershey’s syrup on Cheerios when she was a kid in the 40s. Growing up I thought it was a common thing - didn’t find out it was weird until I did it in the college dining hall. I asked her about it, and she said she made it up. She agrees that chocolate makes everything better - when she woke up after cancer surgery her first worlds were “Get me coffee and a Mounds bar.”

by Anonymousreply 89Last Saturday at 7:06 AM

They make Chocolate Cheerios now. and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios too.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Saturday at 11:16 AM

Would you put apple cider on Apple Jacks, or would that be overkill?

by Anonymousreply 91Last Saturday at 11:16 AM

I'm gonna be ill.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Saturday at 2:11 PM

To the cider guy: Who's pissed in your cornflakes?

by Anonymousreply 93Last Saturday at 5:03 PM

R88 has NO sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Sunday at 2:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!