Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anybody still watching Sister Wives

Just when I'm out they pull me back in. I had to see the doofus that Mykelti wants to marry.

by Anonymousreply 178February 23, 2021 11:30 PM

Boy, is he a doofus! Tell me why someone would want to mortgage their home to welcome that into the gene pool? Today, I found out that just a year ago, that speech impediment turd was engaged to another girl. Mykelti can do way better than that.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2016 7:34 AM

Rumor is Meri has a boyfriend in Hawaii and is leaving. The other wives are miserable, especially Robin who has consulted a lawyer about a divorce,...all miserable because Kody has sought out two additional wives to add because he says Robin isn't the hot one anymore and isn't going to bring in viewers. All the wives are pissed because he wants two more wives, one I believe is some young cousin of Robin's.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2016 7:39 AM

No, I stopped watching last year. Too many repeats. And then I cancelled a few cable packages to bring down my cable bill and TLC and OWN were some of the channels I lost.

Can't say I miss them.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2016 7:46 AM

The channels, that is.

Not surprised about Cody's need for more wives. Ratings hunger plus he gets bored very easily with his harem. He's also one of those 'Getting you pregnant makes me feel virile' types like Spelling's hubby, McDermott who canno5t and/or will not stop impregnation Tori.

All these 'cults' are just creepy.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2016 7:50 AM

r1 and r2 that is some juicy stuff.

Robin wants to get divorced? My has the worm turned!

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2016 7:51 AM

How is Kody going to pay for college and weddings for all these kids? But r4 I can see him impregnating some younger woman to feel manly.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2016 7:53 AM

Janelle is too lazy to leave and Christine is too dumb.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2016 7:53 AM

I used to think Janelle had the most brains but she stickss up for Kody. I think because she was quieter and she didn't say as much dumb stuff as the others I gave her more credit for being smart than I should have.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2016 7:56 AM

R8) So, who do you think is the smartest wife?

My vote is for Meri. She only had one kid and is looking elsewhere, if I'm to believe R2) in which I hope is so true.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2016 8:17 AM

I think Meri really loved Kody. She was a plain jane and he was the life of the party and when he talked about polygamy I think it didn't seem real to her and she was desperate to marry him.

Janelle was married to Meri's brother and she was the one who pursued Kody. Meri had a hard time sharing Kody with Janelle. Then Christine also pursued Kody but she was less of a threat. Supposedly Meri actually encouraged Kody to pursue Robyn because at that point her and Janelle were enemies and she thought Robyn could be her ally. But when Kody went gaga for Robyn, Meri ended up getting burned.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2016 8:24 AM

r9 I too think Meri is the smartest. She is the one who could fit in with the "real world" best.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2016 8:26 AM

Tell me why Mekelti is pursuing that short, fat, dumb, ugly, and crazy talking fool?

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2016 5:13 AM

Tony was hooked up with somebody else when she started dating him so in her mind she "won" the prize by getting him. Then her family underestimates her calling her the ditzy one and she sees Madison getting all the attention and she wants attention too. But Caleb (Maddie's fiance) had connections to the family previously and they all think he is fabulous, even if Mykelti found a decent guy he wouldn't probably measure up to Caleb. I kind of feel bad for Mykelti because she thought they would be excited about her engagement too. I think she is either going to end up fat and on welfare with a few kids with this guy not wanting to admit she made a mistake choosing him, or the marriage will be short lived.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2016 5:40 AM

r13, she's already fat. All of them are fat except for the two oldest sons, the gay son and the 3 youngest.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2016 5:59 AM

Which son is gay?

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2016 6:14 AM

Gabriel, Janelle's youngest son, pings like crazy. Also, Mariah, Meri's only, has a tumblr full of gay rights memes and pix of hot chicks kissing.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2016 6:23 AM

[quote]she's already fat.

Yes, she is, but she's cute and has some TLC money. He, on the other hand, is odd, fat, and ugly. Plus, he needs speech therapy.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2016 6:33 AM

Here's Mariah's supergay tumblr:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2016 12:27 PM

I bailed last season after they kept wringing Meri's catfishing experience dry WITHOUT telling the full truth about it. And then the fact that the girls are wavering on school and getting married so young to the first guy who comes along because in their culture that's what you do, while some of the older boys in the family, like Logan, have long-term girlfriends that they are obviously fucking and feel no compulsion to marry. Maddie's husband seems nice, but the fact remains that he's a relative (Kody's brother-in-law) who macked on a teenager ten years his junior, and the family was THRILLED. It just laid out in stark terms how fucking weird these people are.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2016 2:30 PM

Is the star the absolute doppelgänger for the angry Trump Starbucks madman?

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2016 2:33 PM

R19, yeah, I remember when Meri's twitter love interest hit the gossip threads, I checked out the twitter feeds of the guy and his friend and it took all of about 2 minutes to figure out that something was not quite as it seemed.

Meri and Robyn were always a team, so I guess it's not surprising that they're both thinking of leaving. I can't imagine Robyn would leave the house though... but whose name is it in? If Kody is interested in two more wives, I guess he'll need those two houses.

I watched all of about five minutes of the current season before I had to shut it off. It seemed that one mother/daughter team was trying to outshine the other mother/daughter team in terms of wedding attention. And OF COURSE this family's 15 minutes continues as now we'll be having storylines for each child's romances.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2016 3:53 PM

[quote]Is the star the absolute doppelgänger for the angry Trump Starbucks madman?

Meri is more of a burnt umber shade

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2016 1:30 AM

R18 - I guess she'll have some sister wives herself instead of becoming one. Smart lady!

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2016 1:59 AM

Oh boy, that Tony dude looks more special ed by the minute.

by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2016 7:50 AM

Maddie got married in tonight's episode which was epically boring. She needs a colorist in the worst way. And Cody seemed to be lusting after her.

I miss Robyn's cold sore. She seems to have it under control.

Mookelti and her weird ass half man half woman boyfriend got married this month.

by Anonymousreply 25December 19, 2016 4:49 AM

Mariah's going to come out

by Anonymousreply 26December 19, 2016 5:38 AM

Wasn't Maddie supposed to be the smart one? Why did she drop out of school to marry that back woods militia hick?

Does Christine's mom still live with her?

Kody looks pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 27December 19, 2016 8:06 AM

Was Logan stolen from another compound or adopted? He's a hot fucker and doesn't resemble Jenelle or Cody.

Mariah needs to be thrown into the wilderness and hunted down like prey after a one hour head start. That would shut her up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 19, 2016 9:18 AM

Mykelti and "Tony." I guess "he" is mid-transition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 19, 2016 9:29 AM

r28, you're right about him not looking like any of the rest of them, including his parents. He's the oldest so many Janelle came into the marriage already pregnant. She was married to Meri's brother, who sexually abused Meri as a child and violently abused Janelle as his wife.

Mariah comes off as such a pig faced snot on the show that it's hard to wish for her to come out. But I hope she does, if only to see what kind of reactions the family will have.

OK, really, what's wrong with Tony? Why does his voice sound like that? How can two people who hike so much be so fat? And why did he convert to Mormonism as a teenager?

Are any of the sisters even friends with one another?

by Anonymousreply 30December 19, 2016 9:36 AM

I'm so glad to see that there are fellow dataloungers who are hate watching this show. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've seen every episode.

by Anonymousreply 31December 19, 2016 9:45 AM

Is the lead guy supposed to be Hot, it's a major fail- Like I think Trump thinks of himself as hot- confusion all around!

by Anonymousreply 32December 19, 2016 11:07 AM

R31, I'm the same way. Its so bad and trashy I can't not watch it.

I'm a little confused by the comments that Mariah should come out. I've never sensed a lez vibe about her. She's just needy and immature like the other daughters. All the daughters have the same behavior of craving Cody's approval which he's incapable of giving.

by Anonymousreply 33December 19, 2016 3:21 PM

Mariah's Tumblr and Instagram look lez

by Anonymousreply 34December 19, 2016 5:16 PM

The groom's dad knighted him during the wedding- it was so nauseatingly cheesy that I turned the episode off in disgust. Reminded me why I never got into this show. My friend often has it on in the background when I visit, but even she thought the wedding was beyond lame.

by Anonymousreply 35December 19, 2016 5:32 PM

I'm not even into my relatives weddings, I usually go out of obligation so I am not interested in all the wedding episodes either

by Anonymousreply 36December 20, 2016 4:06 AM

r33, her tumblr is full of lesbian softcore and gifs from gay tv shows and calls herself closeted in a post, which, uhm, kind of unclosets her.

by Anonymousreply 37December 20, 2016 4:40 AM

Most fans were saying the wedding was boring, and I think that's because they focussed too much on it. Jeez, from start to finish and all between.

by Anonymousreply 38December 20, 2016 4:46 AM

[quote]She was married to Meri's brother, who sexually abused Meri as a child and violently abused Janelle as his wife.

Oh my, I never heard of that. Well, I hope he's in jail.

by Anonymousreply 39December 20, 2016 4:46 AM

[quote] Why does his voice sound like that?

It's called a speech impediment, and I suspect he rode the short bus to school.

[quote]How can two people who hike so much be so fat?

I have the same exact question. I think they pack too much lunch.

[quote]And why did he convert to Mormonism as a teenager?

I suspect he converted for the free trip. Don't the guys get to go on a mission? Can you even imagine Tony "talking" to someone to convert them? He probably was instantly sent to a foreign/non-English speaking country.

by Anonymousreply 40December 20, 2016 4:49 AM

Kody doing the ceremony at the wedding was cringe worthy, that guy is an attention hog

by Anonymousreply 41December 20, 2016 10:54 AM

I haven't really kept up with this show but I love reading about it here for some reason. I did check out one of the new episodes just to see Mykelti's man. There really is a lid for every pot. Lots of lids, if your name is Kody Brown.

by Anonymousreply 42December 20, 2016 1:36 PM

I've missed the past few episodes, but I'm still watching and I love this juicy thread. I want to hear as much gossip as possible. Weirdly enough, this is the most wholesome show I watch on TV.

Are there any instagram shirtless pics of Hunter as there are with Logan?

by Anonymousreply 43December 20, 2016 3:16 PM

Tony is like an uglier Jack Black, which is pretty bad. Kody is such a fucking prick, ruining the groom's cake surprise and then saying, "I do, Kody Brown" like a fucking tool instead of the standard, "Her mother and I do." I fucking hate that guy so much and bland faced, fat ass Mariah is an asshole too. And how can you guys think Meri is smart on any level? She fucking thought a hot billionaire was in love with her and she let that snake Sobbin Robyn into the fold and Kody divorced her a year later. She's a fucking asshole too.

by Anonymousreply 44December 20, 2016 4:44 PM

The most God-Awful looking women I have ever seen. He is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 45December 20, 2016 5:03 PM

This blog exists entirely to gossip about and hate watch Sister Wives:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 20, 2016 8:33 PM

[quote]Tony is like an uglier Jack Black,

Bingo! That's so it.

I can't believe Mykelti fell for him. I mean I just can't. It's the cross eyes, the sound of his voice, and his shape.

by Anonymousreply 47December 25, 2016 6:54 AM

The teaser for the next ep indicates Mariah really is coming out.

by Anonymousreply 48December 25, 2016 7:17 PM

If so, maybe she can soften up her bitchface.

by Anonymousreply 49December 26, 2016 4:50 AM

Mariah has been an entitled little brat. Past scenes show her throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her way. I am not going to like her just because she comes out.

by Anonymousreply 50December 26, 2016 4:52 AM

I think she really did get raised differently than the rest.

by Anonymousreply 51December 26, 2016 4:57 AM

R40 -Not that it matters but missions aren't a free trip. You're supposed to start saving as a kid and you and your family actually pay for your mission. So you're out there recruiting new members to pay tithing and your family, not the LDS church, is footing the bill.

by Anonymousreply 52December 26, 2016 5:02 AM

Well, so how did Tony afford to do a mission if he converted as a teen?

by Anonymousreply 53December 26, 2016 5:05 AM

Not Tony, I bet. I discovered that Missionaries who cannot save the required funds may also obtain assistance from their home ward or stake, though personal and family sources of funds should be exhausted first.

Considering the fact that Tony's family is poor, I doubt there would be resources. Plus, why would they give to a religion other than their own?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 26, 2016 6:24 AM

Years ago on another forum someone wrote that kody looked like he kept questionable baggies in the glovebox...I thought it was funny but I doubt he smokes pot

by Anonymousreply 55December 26, 2016 7:09 AM

Hot son

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 26, 2016 7:22 AM

r56, they showed pix of them recently when the oldest ones were really young and Logan had some weird growth on his lip, like this huge red lump of dangling flesh, probably a partially formed conjoined twin. You should think about that when you look at him.

by Anonymousreply 57December 26, 2016 7:55 AM

He had a cleft palate, which was discussed on the show.

by Anonymousreply 58December 26, 2016 7:59 AM

It was hanging off his lower lip. That’s not what a cleft palate is.

by Anonymousreply 59December 26, 2016 8:14 AM

Then, it was a cleft lip.

by Anonymousreply 60December 26, 2016 8:23 AM

[quote] they showed pix of them recently when the oldest ones were really young and Logan had some weird growth on his lip, like this huge red lump of dangling flesh, probably a partially formed conjoined twin.

Did they lance the partially form conjoined twin and set it free in the woods? Utah has a lot of woods. If other inbred families did this, a pack of them probably run together.

Mykelti is probably finding out just how bad Tony's skid marks really are. He seems like the type to practice hygiene while engaged and then let it all go on their honeymoon. His little spontaneous "love toots" emitted at Target or while watching Netflix won't be cute anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 28, 2016 4:12 AM

After the wedding he hit up Jimmy Fallon to do some Dio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 28, 2016 4:14 AM

Do you think kody bangs the 3 fat wives?

by Anonymousreply 63December 28, 2016 7:15 AM

R61) OMG!

What a cretin! You know he's only going to look worse over time and be fatter.

by Anonymousreply 64December 28, 2016 7:15 AM

R63) Kody only sleeps with two of them -- at best. He's definitely sleeping with Robyn, and Christine is happy this season, so let's say her too.

Meri is rumored to be dating someone in Hawaii and is hardly in Vegas. Jenelle is the odd woman out, but she seems to have given up on romance.

by Anonymousreply 65December 28, 2016 7:17 AM

Thanks r65--janelle gave up on the fitness training it looks like also...I think at her age that makes romance especially hard when ur really big

by Anonymousreply 66December 28, 2016 7:23 AM

Do you think any of the wives are embarrassed to be in this relationship? I mean, when the show started they were living fairly cloistered lives, but they’ve now had all these years of exposure the big bad world and societal norms and other *options*. Do you think they wish they’d known there were other possibilities for their lives before shackling themselves to this vain, Napoleonic jester?

by Anonymousreply 67December 28, 2016 7:23 AM

Yes, Robyn is leaving..Kody looks pregnant in this pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 28, 2016 7:29 AM

r68, that article sounds like it was run through two dozen Google translations before making its way to “English”.

by Anonymousreply 69December 28, 2016 7:39 AM

I know, right?! R69) Plus, they picked the wrong wife to say Robyn is leaving. She is the apple of Kody's eye and gets whatever she wants. Any fan will know that and the wives see it too.

R67) I don't think any of the wives are embarrassed to be on the show, but I think Meri regrets being in a polygamous family.

by Anonymousreply 70December 28, 2016 9:38 AM

I don’t know; Robyn has seemed pretty impatient with Kody for the last season and a half. She wasn’t taking any shit during her last pregnancy and hasn’t gone back to playing nice since. She frequently uses the baby as an excuse to get out of doing things with the rest of the family and it never sounds like a legit excuse. Like she said she couldn’t go cake tasting with the rest of the wives because of the baby. It’s not like they were going to a bunch of different places or were going to be out for hours and hours. They were going to a bakery in a strip mall near their homes to eat cake for 40 minutes. I don’t think she’d move back with her family, though, even if she left The Browns. It didn’t seem like they were terribly helpful or supportive when she left her first husband, hence, her marrying the Oompa Loompa. I’m surprised, with Robyn and Christine and Meri’s Polygamy Royalty genes, that none of the kids are missing fingernails or have tails.

by Anonymousreply 71December 28, 2016 11:02 AM

Kody refuted the rumor, for whatever it's worth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 28, 2016 1:58 PM

I think in a way Meri and Robyn are/were a team, so if things head south with Meri they're going to go that way as well with Robyn.

by Anonymousreply 73December 28, 2016 2:22 PM

On one of the recent episodes they made a big point of showing “how much alike Christine and Robyn are” and “how well they get along”. I think that’s base covering in case Meri flies the coop.

by Anonymousreply 74December 28, 2016 2:25 PM

The Meri catfish story is such a weak event. They're stretching it as though it as Meri has no culpability. In a preview, she's flying somewhere to meet another catfish victim and help each other. Its supposed to be therapeutic. I keep expecting Nev from MTV's catfish to make a guest appearance and counsel the Browns much like a Dr. Phil episode. Dr. Phil is probably on the horizon as well.

Has anyone visited their jewelry website for polygamous-themed jewelry? Or was that another project that never took off? Robyn was really into it and often cried as the other wives sort of scattered whenever the topic came up.

by Anonymousreply 75December 28, 2016 2:56 PM

[quote]The Meri catfish story is such a weak event.

What are you kidding? I can't get enough of it. I do feel bad, because Meri didn't get a happily ever after. So, who knows whether she will ever dare to break away and be free to be monogamous.

by Anonymousreply 76December 29, 2016 6:47 AM

I want the catfisher to have a sit down confrontation with the family and I wish the cameras had gone with her and Meri on their Disneyland date.

by Anonymousreply 77December 29, 2016 6:49 AM

Is Robyn still the cold sore queen?

by Anonymousreply 78December 29, 2016 9:30 AM

r78, the cold sore rotates amongst the wives like Kody’s little tater tot dick.

by Anonymousreply 79December 29, 2016 10:09 AM

Will any of the wives ever leave Kody?

by Anonymousreply 80December 29, 2016 10:24 AM

R79 Dirty women.

by Anonymousreply 81December 29, 2016 12:25 PM

WTF is up with that hair?

by Anonymousreply 82December 29, 2016 12:47 PM

r82, I guess it’s the male version of “hip” prayer hair.

He thinks it makes him look less bald.

by Anonymousreply 83December 29, 2016 1:40 PM

Meri lost a lot of weight, so I'm beginning to believe she's got a man or is trying to catch one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 30, 2016 1:29 AM

r84 I would think it's the angle of the photo making her look thinner because she has a wide ass like the rest of them

by Anonymousreply 85December 30, 2016 2:23 AM

I wish logan was gay.

by Anonymousreply 86December 30, 2016 2:31 AM

I think Kody is only attracted to Meri and Robyn. Meri is on the outs right now so maybe he is banging Christine again because she has been awfully cheerful.

by Anonymousreply 87December 30, 2016 2:36 AM

Both Maddie and Mykelti's husbands are ugly as sin

by Anonymousreply 88December 30, 2016 2:52 AM

I think those girls marry the first man who gives them a way out

by Anonymousreply 89December 30, 2016 2:54 AM

Any sane man who would be considered a decent catch would probably run screaming in the other direction from this family. One mother-in-law is bad enough, let alone four.

by Anonymousreply 90December 30, 2016 2:57 AM

R89) Maddie already had a way out, and none of the kids seem to be tied. The Browns allow their children freedom. They aren't like the Duggars. I never watched that show, but the Browns seem more tolerant to lifestyles.

by Anonymousreply 91December 30, 2016 2:58 AM

[quote]Both Maddie and Mykelti's husbands are ugly as sin

Yes, however Mykelti's husband takes it to a whole other level with his speech impediment, bad hair cut, weight, and shifty eyes.

by Anonymousreply 92December 30, 2016 3:00 AM

I hope Maddie finishes college. I can see Mykelti ending up fat and on welfare like her mother.

by Anonymousreply 93December 30, 2016 3:10 AM

I love the Catfish stuff. Kody downplays it because it makes him look bad that a wife of his would look for sex somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 94December 30, 2016 3:12 AM

[quote]I hope Maddie finishes college. I can see Mykelti ending up fat and on welfare like her mother.

Maddie is already four months pregnant, so right now, Mykelti might finish college before her. According to Robyn, Mykelti "is almost" finished w/college. How at 19, I don't know, but on other boards, they said Mykelti took some college courses in high school. Still, at best, I will say Mykelti is halfway finished with college. Then again, didn't she stop going UNLV to go to Utah?

by Anonymousreply 95December 30, 2016 3:21 AM

r84 She's looking great! I'm happy for her. I wish Janelle would continue on her weight loss journey. I remember one of the seasons she was getting healthier. Then it stalled.

by Anonymousreply 96December 30, 2016 7:43 AM

[quote]I wish Janelle would continue on her weight loss journey. I remember one of the seasons she was getting healthier. Then it stalled.

Was Janelle even trying? I remember she was just working on the fitness, but she never mentioned anything about a diet which is 80% of losing weight.

by Anonymousreply 97December 30, 2016 8:52 AM

I think in order to lose weight, she’d have to take a real psychological inventory and pull out the table cloth under the feast, which would result in upending her entire life. It seemed, at one time, she was a self-starter, but she doesn’t appear to have much life-force left in her, at this point, and I can’t see her being able to make the really drastic changes to her entire life that would be needed for her to get rid of the chasm inside her she fills with food. Honestly, she looks like she’ll probably die soon.

It’s funny that we all thought Maddie was ‘the smart one’, but that turned out to only be by comparison to her gelatinous siblings. And there was a general sense that Janelle was ‘the smart one’, too, until she finally started talking on camera; her silences had allowed the audience to project their own idea of good sense onto her, framing her as being as smarter than the rest of the clan as we feel we are.

I didn’t watch this week. Did Mariah come out? Is Christine a drunk? Has Truly committed murder yet? Which of the kids do you think is most likely to wind up in prison? I still say Garrison.

by Anonymousreply 98December 30, 2016 10:56 AM

[quote]And there was a general sense that Janelle was ‘the smart one’, too, until she finally started talking on camera; her silences had allowed the audience to project their own idea of good sense onto her, framing her as being as smarter than the rest of the clan as we feel we are.

I think a lot of people thought Janelle was smart, because she was the one who worked outside the home and had a degree.

[quote]I didn’t watch this week. Did Mariah come out? Is Christine a drunk? Has Truly committed murder yet?

No new episode.

[quote]Which of the kids do you think is most likely to wind up in prison? I still say Garrison.

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 99December 30, 2016 11:00 AM

I'm catching up on episodes the next one is the 2 hour wedding episode. Why is it being assumed Mariah is coming out?

by Anonymousreply 100December 30, 2016 5:55 PM

Because, there is a tumblr account w/Mariah's likeliness w/gay themes.

by Anonymousreply 101December 30, 2016 9:08 PM

Janelle is the laziest of the bunch, she didn't even have the energy for her daughter's shower and wedding. She is a slug and also drinking the Kody Kool Aid. Now she has some STRIVE fitness thing going, anything to make a buck.

by Anonymousreply 102December 30, 2016 10:35 PM

Garrison has called out Kody on his stupidity and has some decent snark, he's my favorite

by Anonymousreply 103December 30, 2016 10:38 PM

r100, because she's gay

by Anonymousreply 104December 30, 2016 11:40 PM

Would Mariah and Willow Pailin make a good couple?

by Anonymousreply 105December 30, 2016 11:50 PM

Is Willow Palin gay? My mental image of her is as a six year old.

by Anonymousreply 106December 30, 2016 11:54 PM

No idea. I just remember her attitude from the show with Bristol. Think the way Mariah was being towards Meri that was Willow 100% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 107December 31, 2016 1:43 AM

Cody's officiating was awful. Everything was beautiful except for everything coming out of his mouth. I hope the other kids don't want him officiating their weddings.

by Anonymousreply 108December 31, 2016 6:19 AM

[quote]Janelle is the laziest of the bunch, she didn't even have the energy for her daughter's shower and wedding.

Well, Janelle was never Susie Homemaker, and those girly tasks were never her. That was established from S1 -- Episode 1. She was the bread winner, and her oldest son was the one who cooked breakfast for her children. Maddie should know that.

by Anonymousreply 109December 31, 2016 9:22 AM

what's wrong with Truely?

by Anonymousreply 110January 1, 2017 5:42 PM

r110, Kody was tasked with taking care of her for a whole 3 days while the wives were out of town and she wound almost dying of kidney failure because he forgot to give her any water the entire weekend. She, also, refers to Kody as "daddy," with air quotes, when she speaks about him.

by Anonymousreply 111January 1, 2017 7:03 PM

Mariah came out on tonight's show!

by Anonymousreply 112January 2, 2017 1:58 AM

Seriously? I abandoned the show for Sherlock tonight.

by Anonymousreply 113January 2, 2017 2:11 AM

The show is 3 hours, she comes out at the end of the 2nd hour then the 3rd hour is a clip show.

by Anonymousreply 114January 2, 2017 2:31 AM

Fuck. Must watch... I cant wait to see their faces. It starts in 20 minutes for me.

by Anonymousreply 115January 2, 2017 2:39 AM

None of them have jobs, right?

by Anonymousreply 116January 2, 2017 2:47 AM

r115, she tells them and then the episode ends so we don't get much reaction they leave it as a cliffhanger. If you want to skip all the other B.S. like I said it's at the end of the 2nd hour

by Anonymousreply 117January 2, 2017 2:49 AM

r110 The poor thing has a horrible speech impediment and no one seems to care. She also took forever to get any hair, she was tall and still bald.

by Anonymousreply 118January 2, 2017 3:20 AM

Oh my God, speaking of shitty shows (like in another thread) Meri's catfisher used pictures of the pilot from short lived (but loved by me) "Pan Am". Ha, only on fucking shit shows like this would that happen and someone would have actually seen that show.

by Anonymousreply 119January 2, 2017 4:24 AM

That cat fisher should be bitch slapped

by Anonymousreply 120January 2, 2017 4:45 AM

Do you get any shots of the parents' faces? Does she give a talking head interview beforehand explaining what she's about to do?

by Anonymousreply 121January 2, 2017 4:47 AM

r119 I was wondering who she was talking about. Whats the actors name?

I was so nervous for her. Damn it! I was waiting for that third hour and its a special... have to wait until next week for the reactions. R121 Just mere seconds they are huddled up in a small room. Christine mouth was open, Christine's mom smiled, Cody didn't look happy, Meri just held Mariah's hand with a serious look. It was all too quick I tried to scan everyone's reaction. For the preview Meri is crying and asking Robyn why she told Mariah that she was happy for her.

by Anonymousreply 122January 2, 2017 5:09 AM

It seems Janelle, the only one we've seen with gay friends, is the only family member who expressed her love and support on Twitter to Mariah. Zip from Kody, Meri, Christine, Robyn.

by Anonymousreply 123January 2, 2017 5:27 AM

r123 Im sure for all of them it brought back those feelings of that moment. I just hope they are all in a better place than that. Im curious as to how the brothers and sisters took it, certainly better than all the parents.

by Anonymousreply 124January 2, 2017 5:51 AM

Those parents, except Janelle, are pathetic for not tweeting support tonight.

by Anonymousreply 125January 2, 2017 5:53 AM

Haha well they just re-tweteeted that power outage comment by Chrristine.

by Anonymousreply 126January 2, 2017 5:54 AM

My boyfriend and I lost it with the scene of her in the preview for next week's episode where she's wearing a backwards baseball cap.

She's a sister all right.

by Anonymousreply 127January 2, 2017 5:57 AM

Lol...

by Anonymousreply 128January 2, 2017 5:59 AM

[quote]It seems Janelle, the only one we've seen with gay friends, is the only family member who expressed her love and support on Twitter to Mariah.

I remember in a past episode, they were talking about same-sex marriage and Janelle expressed support, saying something like, the law of averages makes it very likely that at least one of our kids is gay. I think there were some small noises of agreement, but now that it's reality, everybody else is going quiet. Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 129January 2, 2017 7:09 AM

You cant really blame them. Its what they were taught growing up (part of their religion) that being gay is a sin. So of course they are going to freak out about one of their kids being gay because they start thinking of what they were shown would happen to gay people or start blaming themselves (as if something is wrong with being gay).

Its the new generation that isn't uptight about the word gay or people being gay. Why because today its actually being talked about and not something that's the devils making therefore it must not be spoken about. Sister Wives parents fall on that, when they were growing up being gay was bad and not talked about. Its crazy to see the generation between parents and kids.

I'm sure they will all come around. Just think how long it took some of us to self accept. It will certainly take them longer to accept it and realize that's its not a big deal, its just a sexual preference.

by Anonymousreply 130January 2, 2017 8:29 AM

Janelle is a lazy slug, she always is blank so her showing no reaction to the coming out announcement is nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 131January 2, 2017 8:32 AM

[quote]I remember in a past episode, they were talking about same-sex marriage and Janelle expressed support, saying something like, the law of averages makes it very likely that at least one of our kids is gay. I think there were some small noises of agreement, but now that it's reality, everybody else is going quiet. Assholes.

Janelle didn't say that Kody did. I think they are okay with Mariah's news and is just keeping quiet for ratings. That's why there is a cliffhanger. I say because if you look at some of the friends in the background, Maddy or someone had a very gay friend/relative at her bridal shower.

by Anonymousreply 132January 2, 2017 9:05 AM

r132, I remember seeing those dykes at her shower and wondering who the hell they were friends with in the family. They were like 1980s Kentucky butches.

by Anonymousreply 133January 2, 2017 8:39 PM

"1980's Kentucky Butches" has such a tremulous ring to it. Scary and thrilling!

At least a good song title.

by Anonymousreply 134January 2, 2017 8:46 PM

They looked a lot better than 1980s Kentucky butches, whatever that means.

by Anonymousreply 135January 2, 2017 8:53 PM

r135, were we looking at the same lesbians? Because the ones I saw had bleached Teen Beat haircuts LA Gelled into finger-puff spikes.

by Anonymousreply 136January 2, 2017 10:10 PM

r131 Don't be like that, Janelle is just sad that Carrie died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 2, 2017 11:38 PM

r137, they kinda even have the same eyes

by Anonymousreply 138January 3, 2017 2:06 AM

Janelle the Hutt

by Anonymousreply 139January 3, 2017 2:17 AM

I guess I wasn't paying attention to Mariah's lesbionics in other seasons. The lesbian thing will work out well for her. Being hetero would have severely limited her male options.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 5, 2017 2:29 AM

I can't fucking stand Meri and I hope everyone can see it now. Mariah's coming out is all about her disappointments and Robyn gets to be the voice of reason and the "cool" mom. Meri's a hatchet-faced bitch and I love that her kid disappointed her. Btw, Meri, asshole, your kid rejects your lifestyle completely and totally and hates the male figure in her life and never wants a man to treat her like you were treated by that fucking narsy, ugly, dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 141January 9, 2017 3:36 AM

Mariah is still kissing Kody's ass she blames everything on her mother.

by Anonymousreply 142January 9, 2017 3:51 AM

Mariah's certainly cultivated "the look"...backwards ball cap, band t-shirt and jean shorts. I imagine her cane is in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 143January 9, 2017 3:53 AM

Mariah likes the attention of being gay, now she has something her siblings don't

by Anonymousreply 144January 9, 2017 3:57 AM

Mariah might be contractually bound to shave her legs this season, but that will most likely change next season. She's being mean to Meri just to test her and Meri keeps failing the tests. Mariah has two weak parents and will turn to a renegade lesbian camping club which will encourage her to hate men like her father and her ambivalent mother.

Watching Meri is just awkward. I'm starting to feel a little sorry for her. She doesn't appear to have a place in that family anymore.

Oddly, Robyn was very watchable tonight. She showed backbone and leadership.

by Anonymousreply 145January 9, 2017 4:23 AM

[quote] Anybody still watching Sister Wives

Still?

by Anonymousreply 146January 9, 2017 5:28 AM

This was actually a good episode. I was impressed with both Kody and Robyn. Maddy's husband, Caleb, also impressed me. He appears to be this hick guy from Montana but he actually had a lot of intuition about Mariah as well as empathy. He also was cool for letting Truely win the fish competition.

by Anonymousreply 147January 9, 2017 7:15 AM

Am I the only one that thinks Caleb is gay?

by Anonymousreply 148January 9, 2017 8:48 PM

[quote]I can't fucking stand Meri and I hope everyone can see it now. Mariah's coming out is all about her disappointments and Robyn gets to be the voice of reason and the "cool" mom. Meri's a hatchet-faced bitch and I love that her kid disappointed her. Btw, Meri, asshole, your kid rejects your lifestyle completely and totally and hates the male figure in her life and never wants a man to treat her like you were treated by that fucking narsy, ugly, dickhead.

Wow, I totally didn't see it that way. Parents have a right to feel and it doesn't have to be perfect. Actually, I didn't see anything wrong with the way any of the parents reacted. Their reaction was the ideal reaction for any large family let alone a plural one.

by Anonymousreply 149January 10, 2017 5:24 AM

I was really impressed with Robin, too. Less so, but still impressed by Kody. And Janelle and Christine's mom. Christine's total silence wasn't great. Meri totally made Mariah's coming out all about her own disappointments; it's like she can't exist without a steady & fresh supply of self-pity. I get that parents, friends, siblings, whomever are allowed to take time to readjust to someone in their life flipping the script. That's fine. What's not fine is Meri's needling, as though she wanted to upset Mariah, "Did my response bother you? How I reacted, my silence, how I didn't say anything, did that hurt you? You know, when I didn't respond as though I was happy for you, like you might have been expecting something different from me, are you mad about how I didn't do whatever you probably hoped I would?" She's awful!!! I kind of love that now she'll feel even worse about herself, not only could she only have one kid, but the kid is an agnostic lesbian who won't speak to her beyond yes or no answers. It was just so telling the difference in Mariah's entire demeanor between the weird deck stone-faced nonversation with Meri and her lively, open talking head interview they spliced into it.

What happened to Meri going to school? Her life is a gaping chasm.

And when is Gabe going to come out?

I can see Caleb as bi, but I don't want to imagine him with anyone because of his face. And I swear his ear moved like a little animal ear, the top folded down when he was excited about what he was saying.

by Anonymousreply 150January 13, 2017 11:33 AM

Meri's new boyfriend is gay.

And she thought not getting a wet bar was traumatic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 13, 2017 9:57 PM

r151 We kind of think her husband is gay too.

by Anonymousreply 152January 13, 2017 10:00 PM

R150, it's interesting that you say that. Gabe is always prominently displayed in group scenes with his family, but you never ever seen him speak in a testimonial.

I guess that means he reads too gay on camera for it to not to become a discussion point.

by Anonymousreply 153January 13, 2017 10:05 PM

R151, see I always wondered if Meri might be gay, and that she knew that there was a woman behind the catfish.

by Anonymousreply 154January 13, 2017 10:05 PM

Yeah, R154. Butch Meri has always pinged. The way she was so seemingly enthusiastic about young, pretty Robyn joining the family felt a little lesbionic.

by Anonymousreply 155January 13, 2017 10:14 PM

From the article: "When I had Mariah, I had this cute little girl. I just always expected that she would grow up, meet a guy, get married, have kids. I always wanted to have a son. I always just kind of thought, ‘Well, ya know, since I never had a son, I’ll be able to kind of adopt Mariah’s husband into kind of being a son.’ And I looked forward to seeing who that was gonna be, you know? And that’s not gonna happen.”

Um, didn't she have about 32 sons through her sister wives? Does that not count now?

R155, yeah, I was feeling it might be Meri coming out, and Mariah would be the one coming to terms with it and having a really hard time.

by Anonymousreply 156January 13, 2017 10:26 PM

Nothing counts when Meri is pitying herself, R156.

She uses her weak fertility as a trump card every chance she gets.

by Anonymousreply 157January 13, 2017 10:30 PM

I've always thought Christine pinged.

by Anonymousreply 158January 14, 2017 6:06 AM

What, no pic of Meri's bf?

by Anonymousreply 159January 14, 2017 7:40 AM

So, she's allowed to date and stay in the plyg marriage?

by Anonymousreply 160January 15, 2017 9:10 AM

Plyg is all Meri knew. Keep in mind that she grew up and married into it. Now, I guess she is in a mid-life crisis, and she wants to experience something different. I so hope she finds a man that loves her and only her.

by Anonymousreply 161January 15, 2017 9:43 AM

Like that'll happen, R161. She's dumb, useless, ugly, angry and shallow. Eharmony can only work so many miracles.

by Anonymousreply 162January 16, 2017 11:19 PM

r162 Lol! Meh she may find another dude, it won't be a fucking hot millionaire like she thought the catfish was. It's hilarious she thinks she can pull that kind of guy. Take some fucking diction lessons, hun. You saying "dill" and "gel" instead of "deal" and "jail" is fucking excruciating to my ears. Maybe don't drop the "g" at the end of words...it's what are you doinG, not doin.

by Anonymousreply 163January 17, 2017 1:46 AM

What did Mykelti's horrible former boyfriends do to her? Everyone seemed to be in agreement that they were all awful.

Is Tony a sociopath? Christine remarked that she had found him unfriendly and thought he disliked her because didn't respond normally or talk to her and that it turned out he was watching everyone very closely.

What happened to Meri's eyebrows? Did she shave them off as penance?

Do you think any of the parents actually believe in their religion? While discussing Mariah, most of them agreed that their religion is inherently bigoted but they choose which parts to follow and they've repeatedly responded to questions about taking on another wife with solid no's even though their god is supposed to be the one who decides how many wives a man gets and all of them drink alcohol, which is also supposed to be verboten. So, aside from the horrible family dynamics, are they following any other tenets of their 'faith'?

by Anonymousreply 164February 3, 2017 8:16 AM

[quote]What happened to Meri going to school? Her life is a gaping chasm.

In the mess of online info about Meri's catfish drama (much of which didn't make it into the sanitized version presented on the TV show) Meri actually WAS taking classes, which she flunked out of during her relationship with the catfish.

by Anonymousreply 165February 3, 2017 9:33 AM

LOL R162.

by Anonymousreply 166February 3, 2017 10:56 AM

For your reading pleasure, I present THE Meri book....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 3, 2017 6:08 PM

Meri failed out of community college?

by Anonymousreply 168February 6, 2017 9:10 AM

Isn't that book created by the catfish?

by Anonymousreply 169February 7, 2017 5:11 AM

r169 I think "created" is a pretty fucking strong word considering the shitpile that book is, but yes, done by the catfish, who is so clearly a fucking woman. No man would say "they called Meri a b-word and an orange faced w word" FFS...

by Anonymousreply 170February 7, 2017 5:33 AM

The catfish needs to let it go. No one is going to buy the book. According to Meri, she wasn't the only sister wife, the catfish contacted.

by Anonymousreply 171February 7, 2017 5:48 AM

Did anyone watch Brother Husbands? I was expecting it to be two hot looking rugged dads but that wasn't the case. It was as bad as the SSA special TLC aired a while back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 7, 2017 6:25 AM

That looks interesting. I need to program that. I can't stand this Spectrum system. It won't let me type in a show's name. Instead, I have to know the channel or scroll and scroll and scroll until I get to the letter of the alphabet. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 173February 7, 2017 7:09 AM

Ugh! R172) That's an old show. You had me searching for it on my new cable provider.

by Anonymousreply 174February 8, 2017 5:30 AM

r174 The SSA special is old. This is the new special im talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 12, 2017 8:12 PM

Wow.

I'll try to search for it. I hate how Spectrum has their search system. You have to know the channel. You just can't type in the name of the show. Plus, even if you knew the channel, it doesn't allow you to program a show more than a week in advance.

by Anonymousreply 176February 13, 2017 6:18 AM

I haven't watched in awhile, tuned in last night and they are still rehashing the same things they did last time I watched. I can't imagine their ratings are good for this snooze fest.

by Anonymousreply 177February 23, 2021 2:22 AM

Kody's spiral curls look douchey. I don't want to claim him but he seems gay and is overcompensating with 4 wives.

by Anonymousreply 178February 23, 2021 11:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!