Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DONATE TO RECOUNT NOW!! USE SOCIAL MEDIA NOW!!!! STAY PISSED!!!!!

The battle on the recount as we all know is ON. The negative press on this will be an avalanche, it has begun! If you care about knowing the truth of this election, please PLEASE KEEP DONATING!!! Also do NOT stop using social media. Trump has not only social media but all the networks! Do NOT allow this recount effort to fail!!! If he is our legitimate president, then so be it. But each of us, including you Trump supporters, deserve TRUTH. DL'ers, I'm seeing on threads some of you are resorting to bullying and intimidation towards Boris and his friends. Please STOP -- it does not help this cause. Engage them with logic and show them while this is painful in the short-term, it will be better for the long-term.

Some Talking Points (a starter list, feel free to add)

1. This is not about removing Trump. We simply need to be assured this was not a faux-election.

2. Over half our country voted Clinton. If you are a Trump supporter, know that a recount will actually lead to more stability and less division. IF he actually won. This recount will reduce division and build support for your candidate. Really!

3. Neutralize the talk of "wasted money." Low-info Trump supporters will quickly become confused and think public funds are being used -- no shit. This must be repeated over and over. Put this on blast!!

Please remember. Trump has YYYYUUUGGGEEE PR teams strategizing how to spin this. We are at a MAJOR disadvantage. We need to work together, and help each other stay on the same page. If you disagree, that's fine. If you agree, go, go, go, GO!!!!! This has the potential to literally change the history books, KEEP GOING! Rally!!!!!!

Now, for an interesting history lesson and to light a GINORMOUS FIRE under your beautiful ass (picture your ass cheeks over a raging fire), read Malcolm X's speech "The Ballot or the Bullet." There are so many similarities between then and now, it's spooky. We all need to STAY PISSED!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2016 2:58 AM

Give it a rest, Mr. Brock. Your candidate lost. Now go buy yourself a better fright wig.

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2016 4:20 AM

I already donated and can't afford any more this month. I called my friend who is fairly wealthy and she donated $250.00.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2016 4:23 AM

R2 you are AWESOME! If everyone who is on a tight budget does what you did, we will reach our goal!!! You are so sweet that I donated another $50 on your behalf. Xxoo

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2016 4:31 AM

SAVE YOUR MONEY !!

It's Over & Done !!

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2016 4:39 AM

R4 did you vote for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2016 4:44 AM

I've donated to the recount, but I'm saving the bulk of my money for the ACLU. We are going to need it.

I think the recount is important to send a message to both the democrats that we don't want to roll over and play dead anymore and even more important for the republicans to show them that we won't.

In the long run, donating to the ACLU is what we need to do. We are in for a fight whether Trump gets impeached or not.

I feel like one Castro died while another was being born.

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2016 4:47 AM

R6, how/when do you envision the ACLU becoming involved? And in what states? I will happily continue to give to any effort to ensure our elections aren't rigged -- but I am focused on this goal first til we hit the finish line with money. Anyway, tell us more...

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2016 4:53 AM

R5

Would it matter ? At this point, I've come to the conclusion that there more than enough of mentally defective, mildly retarded in the Democratic Party to fuck up anything.

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2016 4:57 AM

ACLU has been getting tons of donations as has planned parenthood. I will be donating to ACLU in the future but I am with [R6] for now. He is not even the President yet so plenty of time for donating to ACLU

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2016 5:03 AM

R9 can you elaborate on how the ACLU could help? I would like to learn more.

R8 yes it matters. Please answer the question.

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2016 5:07 AM

Here you go [R9].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2016 5:10 AM

Sorry I meant [R10]

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2016 5:13 AM

R12 I'm still reading but thank you. :-)

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2016 5:20 AM

So let's say the recount happens, and Hillary is the winner, then what?!? You know how crazy trump supporters would go? I really believe there would be a bloodbath or two somewhere. Serious question, gun nuts would actually really go nuts... You know the well armed militia part?!? I think no good would come of this...

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2016 5:22 AM

[R13] No good will come of a Trump presidency. It is likely that he will do permanent damage to the country not to mention get us into yet another war. Gun nuts are out gunned by the military police.

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2016 5:33 AM

R14 where do you live (roughly)? I think those fears have a pinch of truth, but ONLY a pinch. Between our police and the national guard, they would shut that down fast.

The odds of HRC unseating him are extraordinarily low. Please tell me you love your country enough that you are willing to protect our election system. Please? I think it could get ugly, but we still must face this.

I have been almost comically tolerate of Trump supporters and yet R15 is right. I think most in America know this, but many who voted for him are purposefully ignoring anything he does that makes them uncomfortable. I keep coming back to the Third Reich, Nazis, and Germany. Is this not how it began?

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2016 5:43 AM

I'm 100% with r6 - donated $29 to the recount this month and plan to donate another $30 per month alternately to ACLU and PP.

I have to admit I'm shocked at how angry vote verification is making some people.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2016 8:45 AM

R17 Awesome. I am donating $10 a month to the SPLC.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2016 8:56 AM

R5 - I'm not R4 but I agree with them.

I voted for Hillary. The Trump administration will be an unfettered disaster which we are yet to even know how bad it is going to get.

But this vote recount is a complete waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2016 9:02 AM

R19 Nothing that tries to restore the integrity of America's elections is a "complete waste of time."

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2016 9:04 AM

Is he trying to lay the groundwork in case large discrepancies show up with the recounts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2016 1:38 PM

R21 Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2016 2:17 PM

OP cheerleaders like yourself are often misinformed as your point 2. illustrates. You don't really believe more than half the country voted for Hillary do you? Only about half of eligible voters bothered to vote so your stats are off.

But yes, the recount has the potential to be meaningful,

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2016 2:26 PM

R23 your point about AA's and Millenials is true. AND it is also true that this election reeks of trickery. Two separate issues. And seriously, what IS your motivation? If you disagree with a recount but love this country, you would shut the he'll up. Your post is purposefully divisive. This thread is for people who don't want to be lied to. Also, if you're so informed you would be raising your eyebrows at some of the vote tallies, which makes you a lot calling kettle black.

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2016 2:32 PM

R23, ooooo, I forgot -- cite your sources.

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2016 2:33 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2016 5:02 PM

Bump-ditty-bump-ditty

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2016 5:08 PM

How about donating to the Salvation Army so they can feed and clothe people at Christmas? At least some good would come of your money. Even if you don't like the Salvos they do a lot of good charity work.

by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2016 5:15 PM

Yawn

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2016 5:23 PM

I hope somthing good will come out of this. Many of us were suggesting a recount since the election.

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2016 5:49 PM

Bumpity bump

by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2016 10:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2016 10:17 PM

I have a wealthy older friend who is not computer literate. He loathes Trump and wants to contribute. Is there a ph. number or something?

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2016 2:34 AM

The Salvation Army is being boycotted for being anti-gay.

I've donated to the recount and will keep donating. Whether it works out or not, I want to help the effort to try and stop him.

by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2016 2:42 AM

R28 I 100% agree, but in my middle-aged I've become much more generous and I do support the SA. Almost everything I give to is to better the lives of those who are less fortunate. I'm not rich, but I give to several different places each month. This is the first time I've ever contributed to something political. But I'm glad you bring that up because it's something we should all be doing, so thank you.

by Anonymousreply 35November 29, 2016 2:56 AM

R34 eeek! How have I missed that? I need an alternate for them then. That's a bummer but thank you too.

by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2016 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!