Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Robby Mook ruined everything.

Discuss!

by Anonymousreply 342June 21, 2018 6:04 PM

OP are you Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2016 7:42 PM

Hillary did. She should've said what she was feeling not what they told her to say.

by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2016 7:45 PM

He really was a terrible pick. A data driven egghead Jewish Millennial - who doesn't use social media!!

You have to get up pretty early in the morning to find someone worse than that to run your fucking PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN.

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2016 7:49 PM

[quote]He really was a terrible pick. A data driven egghead Jewish Millennial - who doesn't use social media!!

But he was GAY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2016 7:52 PM

Even his name clued you into to what a fuckwad he was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2016 7:56 PM

Hillary won the election by over 2 millions, trumpettes. Suck on that.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2016 7:59 PM

She should have listened to Bill more instead of Robby.

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2016 8:02 PM

Read all about him:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2016 8:03 PM

[quote]Hillary won the election by over 2 millions, trumpettes. Suck on that.

No. No she didn't. She didn't win a fucking thing. She may have gotten "over two millions" but she Didn't. Win. The. Election.

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2016 8:05 PM

God he's my age and he worked on her last failed attempt. No wonder Bill was pissed.

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2016 8:05 PM

[quote]Mook graduated from Columbia University in 2002 with a Bachelor of Arts in Classics.

Yeah, that really helped him plan Hillary's strategy. He can write an exegesis on Lysistrata, but does he know a fucking thing about how to ignore polls where people lie and say they are voting for Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2016 8:08 PM

Trump's campaign didn't either r11...they expected a loss until the results started coming in

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2016 8:09 PM

[quote]they expected a loss until the results started coming in

Or so they made you think.

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2016 8:12 PM

He *always* looked like he was laughing everything off. Could never put a serious face on even when discussing important matters like national security.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2016 8:16 PM

Holy shit, R10 - he worked on her last big failure attempt too???

Unbelievable! What was Hillary's loyalty to this asshole??

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2016 8:16 PM

Robby was a mook!

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2016 8:21 PM

What do you expect with a guy named Mook?

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2016 8:22 PM

There's a drone with his name on it.

by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2016 8:23 PM

So what will he do now? Do you think he takes responsibility?

I bet he doesn't, even to himself.

by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2016 8:29 PM

So what will he do now?<<

He's in a sling in a Washington Bath House even as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2016 8:32 PM

I think she should just Sashayet Away

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2016 8:33 PM

Bill Clinton went to Mook and told him Hillary needed to be campaigning in the Mid West. Did he send her there? No. He threw away money on million dollar concerts that made zero impact. It takes good old fashioned rallies and talking to the people whose vote you want. Celebrities are a turn off to a lot of people. Mook was completely clueless. She could have saved the money on paying him, and just listened to her husband. Obama got elected the way Trump did, by running around the country. Not sitting in high dollar fundraisers.

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2016 8:34 PM

[quote]Not sitting in high dollar fundraisers.

But I got to see Hamilton three times. How many times did you see it, bitch?

by Anonymousreply 23November 15, 2016 8:36 PM

Uh-oh spaghettios!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 15, 2016 8:48 PM

Why do you say he's Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2016 8:54 PM

Will he wake up dead like so many others who fucked over the Clintons?

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2016 8:59 PM

Time will tell r26. Killary has a reputation to uphold.

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2016 9:07 PM

I met him at a campaign event where he spoke to attendees about the campaign's battle plan. He's a very nice man, soft-spoken, clearly intelligent &, while it was at the end of what was undoubtedly a very long day for him, he brought little to no energy, spark of personality or enthusiasm into the room. Those I spoke with afterwards described him as listless & seeming as if he'd rather have been anywhere other than at our event. My crush on Robby, both politically & romantically, evaporated over the course of that evening.

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2016 9:07 PM

Mook is not a Millennial.

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2016 9:09 PM

She won both the EC vote and the popular vote. It was stole from her but that's out of anyone's control.

by Anonymousreply 30November 15, 2016 9:10 PM

He seems like a big wet blanket to me, and apparently he wasn't that smart or perceptive. He was just talented in his narrow sphere.

What a clusterfuck.

by Anonymousreply 31November 15, 2016 9:10 PM

Is Miss Mook currently in protective custody?

by Anonymousreply 32November 15, 2016 9:14 PM

He wears ladies' cats eye glasses...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 15, 2016 9:17 PM

She's resting peacefully r32

by Anonymousreply 34November 15, 2016 9:18 PM

Exactly what r22 said. Hillary needed to be on the ground at pig roasts in Iowa and church suppers in Indiana. You know, connecting with actual VOTERS. Nobody gives a shit about some Beyonce concert or events with Lena Dunham or Amy Schumer. That strategy was a disaster.

Regardless of what you think of Trump, he was out there every day connecting with Joe Public at rallies and meet-ups and getting up close with real people. Politics ain't Hollywood, you have to be out in front of regular people all the time if you want to win.

by Anonymousreply 35November 15, 2016 9:21 PM

I don't see who would hire him now in politics. Or advertising. Or data analytics. Or polling.

Maybe he'll have to be a classical scholar back in academia, since that's what he majored in.

by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2016 9:22 PM

Damn, y'all turned on him quick.

by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2016 9:25 PM

He'll be the next big thing in politics!

by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2016 9:27 PM

Mook was a horrible surrogate for Hillary, compared to Kellyanne for Trump. Podesta and Brian Fallon were not good Hillary surrogates, either.

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2016 9:34 PM

Most of the HRC talking heads had a deer's in the headlights look whenever I saw them interviewed. They just weren't very effective.

by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2016 9:41 PM

Makes the Muppet Carville look good, don't it?

Mook was probably fine as COO--operations. Should have had a seasoned hand as CEO. Bill Clinton probably couldn't organize a picnic for 3, but he's probably forgotten more about politics than Mook will ever know.

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2016 9:46 PM

r40 they were all too pampered and isolated in their little media bubble. They just weren't in touch with the national mood or regular people. It was all really unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 42November 15, 2016 9:47 PM

I know r37. You all need to stop acting like Mook was the only problem in the cast of Clinton characters. Debbie Wasserman, Donna Brazile, John Podesta, and Huma Abedin were also extremely problematic.

by Anonymousreply 43November 15, 2016 10:08 PM

[quote]Should have had a seasoned hand as CEO.

r41 John Podesta was the campaign chair. So the "seasoned hand" here was also a failure.

by Anonymousreply 44November 15, 2016 10:10 PM

R43 is absolutely right. Mook will be pushed under the bus but all those characters (s)he mentioned shoulder a far larger portion of the blame than he does.

by Anonymousreply 45November 15, 2016 10:10 PM

Fundraisers and concerts with liberal celebrities and the out of touch Hollywood elite?? How much more tone deaf could this idiot Mook have been? With blame to spread around much of it must be laid at his pantywaist doorstep. And to add insult to injury, he's not even that cute. You might pick him up at last call but never on Grindr. May he now surely fade into derision and oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 46November 15, 2016 10:19 PM

That Donna Brazile is a Christian woman, and she understands persecution.

by Anonymousreply 47November 15, 2016 10:24 PM

I think the fatal blow for him was that he promised he would deliver a data-driven campaign and the data turned out to be 100% inaccurate in the end.

by Anonymousreply 48November 15, 2016 10:25 PM

Bill must've wanted to bitchslap him but good.

by Anonymousreply 49November 15, 2016 10:32 PM

r46 Hillary's problems started way before she started doing celebrity concerts at the tail end of the campaign. She got poor marketing strategies from corporate executives she hired to revive her old brand. She was notoriously late before she got the Democratic nomination and her supporters didn't like it.

by Anonymousreply 50November 15, 2016 10:32 PM

I read the article about those so-called "rebranding" experts, R50, giving examples like she was Coca-Cola.

It was so cheesy and ridiculous - people are not products. She really surrounded herself with blowhards.

by Anonymousreply 51November 15, 2016 10:34 PM

[quote]I don't see who would hire him now in politics. Or advertising. Or data analytics. Or polling

r36, CNN hires all the failed campaign managers. Patti Solis Doyle, Corey Lewandowski, Donna Brazile. Since Brazile got the boot Im sure they will offer Mook nice opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 52November 15, 2016 10:42 PM

Who's going to want to listen to Mook opine on anything, though R52?

That being said, CNN will probably hire him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 53November 15, 2016 10:44 PM

This mook convinced Hillary not to adhere to Bill's advice.

Thus, both Mook and HRC can be viewed as inexcusably stupid. And they will reflect on their obstinateness for the remainder of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 54November 15, 2016 10:46 PM

Has Mook been seen or heard from since the election?

by Anonymousreply 55November 15, 2016 10:47 PM

[quote]This mook convinced Hillary not to adhere to Bill's advice.

That was probably John Podesta.

by Anonymousreply 56November 15, 2016 10:49 PM

CNN hires pretty much anyone with a pulse, r53. This is, after all, the network who still has Wolf Blitzer who should've been put out to pasture ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 57November 15, 2016 11:11 PM

[quote]Most of the HRC talking heads had a deer's in the headlights look whenever I saw them interviewed. They just weren't very effective.

The HRC is basically a networking organization/dating service for upper-class white professionals. That's it. But they try to pretend they're a political advocacy group.

by Anonymousreply 58November 15, 2016 11:16 PM

Hillary and her campaign did plenty right. Yes, they made some mistakes. Both campaigns did. Monday morning quarter-backing is largely speculation. We can also say that the country doesn't care about Trump's lies, racism, misogyny and lack of qualifications for the presidency. And most pollsters misread those elements. No one seems to care about class, decorum and qualifications. Trump lost all three debates. Not enough people cared.

Hillary was not a disaster at all. She campaigned her heart out. She won the popular vote--and that's not nothing. But she did reach out to the black and Latino population. Those communities should have come out stronger for her. Trump is not going to help them. And yes, she won the white educated vote, but not by enough. She lost the white uneducated vote--and yes, the Democratic Party will need to focus on winning them back.

by Anonymousreply 59November 15, 2016 11:29 PM

"I'm With Her." Yeah, not really an appeal to men who would like to think of themselves as Alpha. (And, DL, insults won't deprive them of the vote.)

"Stronger Together." Who says we're weak? "Stronger" to do what?

"Make America Great Again." Genius. An imperative verb of action that implies Hillary's "Together." The appeal to patriotism with the word "America" followed by "Great." Finally, the confident hope, even prediction, for the future.

Trump's slogan beat everything thrown at it.

by Anonymousreply 60November 15, 2016 11:53 PM

[quote]John Podesta was the campaign chair. So the "seasoned hand" here was also a failure

Blame Spirit Cooking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2016 12:05 AM

This Vice article from February 2015 predicted what would be Mook's failure.

[quote]But Mook is not without his detractors. His campaigns are known for effectively defining the opposing politician—an essential strategy in today's political landscape, but one that can also have unintended consequences. In 2013, Time called he McAuliffe-Cuccinelli battle, " The Dirtiest, Nastiest, Low-Down Campaign In America," and while Mook's man won, the cost was high: McAuliffe has struggled to make political progress while in office, amid constant battles with an entrenched Republican legislature. "[McAuliffe] didn't have a mandate for having run on anything in their point of view besides 'Ken Cuccinelli sucks,' then they basically shut him down the first year," Benjamin Tribbett, a Virginia political blogger and strategist, told me. "It was like a dog trying to catch a squirrel. What was missing in that campaign was what happens once you catch the squirrel." Suggesting that the hype surrounding Mook may be overblown, Tribbett speculated that he may be good at putting himself on winning campaigns, and then claiming credit when demographics trend in his favor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2016 12:09 AM

Very interesting, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2016 12:14 AM

R59, How can you say Hillary campaigned her heart out when she took many days off and would appear at one or two daily events compared to twice as many by Trump?

by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2016 12:24 AM

Thanks r62.

I think his strategy would've worked, for everyone but Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2016 12:27 AM

I'm sensing Bill is not that upset about Hillary's loss. He's now the only POTUS in the family and I'm sure that distinction soothes his ego.

by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2016 12:28 AM

Bill is probably pissed as hell that Hillary lost, because being president would've kept her occupied. Now they'll have to see each other every day. For a couple who have been living separate lives for years, that's got to suck.

by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2016 12:30 AM

Hillarys biggest problem- as well as Mook And Podesta's - is that they began believe their own propaganda.

Hillary took off too much time to prep for debates - she should have been out in middle America.

She hid from the press

She hid inside private fundraisers

And lastly - everyone who keeps saying how Hillary won all 3 debates - please check yourselves.

She may have won at the time - until the country found out later she got the questions in advance! So it's really laughable to continue with tales that she won - she cheated. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat.

She lost the election. The popular vote doesn't mean a thing ,if it doesn't change a thing.

She will never be president.

She should have dropped Podesta the moment his gmails a were leaked. The DNC should have fired Brazille immediatly.

by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2016 12:31 AM

Bill wanted Hillary to win, because.....Trump.

Bill wanted Hillary to lose, because....his health and his ego.

And so the psychology behind his criticizing "the last 8 years" and that Obamacare had problems, while campaigning for HRC.

by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2016 12:35 AM

r68, As has been reported in all original news stories: Brazile had questions for the BERNIE debates.

by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2016 12:36 AM

[quote]Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat.

Honey, Donald Trump is the biggest cheater in American history and he won. He's cheated on his taxes, his debts, his wives, his everything.

by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2016 12:37 AM

"was reported," not "has been...."

by Anonymousreply 72November 16, 2016 12:37 AM

Bill is probably not too upset, in my opinion.

His legacy as the only President Clinton is preserved.

by Anonymousreply 73November 16, 2016 12:41 AM

You're kind of an idiot R68.

by Anonymousreply 74November 16, 2016 12:52 AM

R71 he used laws in place - that isn't cheating.

I know you'd like to believe it is, but he's done nothing different than a company like Apple when it comes to taxes.

by Anonymousreply 75November 16, 2016 12:53 AM

R68 not an idiot - just not in a bubble like you.

by Anonymousreply 76November 16, 2016 12:54 AM

Trump Alphas who were rabid, fast-talking zealous surrogates to flood the media. Hillary had timid elitist wonky media-shy eggheads representing her.

by Anonymousreply 77November 16, 2016 1:01 AM

Trump had Alphas, Hillary betas

by Anonymousreply 78November 16, 2016 1:01 AM

R59, you are ridiculous. No one thinks Hillary campaigned her heart out. Many Dems think she was extraordinarily lazy and disdainful of campaigning. Trump was having thRee or four huge rallies a day while we would sometimes go entire days without a rally. We rarely saw her at the retail political events like county fairs and festivals, kissing babies, or touring farms. She helped perpetuate her image as arrogant, uncharismatic, elite, arrogant, and weak.

by Anonymousreply 79November 16, 2016 1:07 AM

[quote]Many Dems think she was extraordinarily lazy

Holy shit, I've heard many negative things about Clinton, but no one ever called this woman lazy.

by Anonymousreply 80November 16, 2016 1:16 AM

R76. Like you, your post doesn't make any sense. Reread your post at R68 then read R70. You are spewing incorrect facts that can easily be proven wrong. Therefore, I think you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 81November 16, 2016 1:20 AM

Haven't Huma and HILLARY killed Robby yet ?

by Anonymousreply 82November 16, 2016 1:36 AM

R59 posted the truth. R79 is a Trumpkin and an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 83November 16, 2016 1:38 AM

Mook couldn't help that Hillary was a woman.

by Anonymousreply 84November 16, 2016 1:39 AM

[quote] Damn, y'all turned on him quick.

Chile...I would not want to be him. I am devastated so I can't imagine what he's feeling right now.

by Anonymousreply 85November 16, 2016 1:52 AM

Spirit fingers don't exactly defeat Beelzebub. Faggot was out of his league.

by Anonymousreply 86November 16, 2016 2:01 AM

He is a nerdy effete elite. Dems like charismatic personality aggressive Alphas from the South and Midwest in charge from now on

by Anonymousreply 87November 16, 2016 2:03 AM

Whatever... top, bottom and what's he packing? One of you bitches has had him. Somebody's seen his Scruff profile. Everybody's on Scruff. My grandmother's on Scruff. Spill.

by Anonymousreply 88November 16, 2016 2:45 AM

Robby is not a hookup app whore!

by Anonymousreply 89November 16, 2016 2:54 AM

He's homely and ineffectual. DL's elderwhitegays find that attractive.

by Anonymousreply 90November 16, 2016 2:59 AM

Let's face it, a lot of Hillary's strategy didn't work. She tried the "listening tour" that made her so popular last time and got her ass handed to her by Black Lives Matter. When confronted about black people's problems her response was something like, "Well, we'll have to listen more."

As others have pointed out, she went into hiding, especially during debate week.

Trump came to the debates and said, "I've listed 20 possible Supreme Court nominees on my website." Hillary just had vague ideas. Even though Trump was bombastic, he appeared decisive. Hillary came across as "I need to ask Bill about how to handle economics."

Many times, she overplayed her hand. She wasn't in the fight. She thought that it was her turn. She wasn't hungry enough to get it.

by Anonymousreply 91November 16, 2016 3:14 PM

A candidate that is timid about facing the masses should not run

by Anonymousreply 92November 16, 2016 3:25 PM

R91 On some issues, Trump was very indecisive. And just look at the mess he is dealing with now. His right hand man is a White Nationalist Jew hater, and he as let more people go than he has hired in that last week.

by Anonymousreply 93November 16, 2016 3:40 PM

[quote]On some issues, Trump was very indecisive.

Not really. He came across as decisive on almost everything that was important. Unfortunately, it was obvious during the debates that Hillary had memorized answers and couldn't adjust her memorization to the questions.

Plus some of Hillary's answers were just stupid. When talking about why she would make a good POTUS, her memorized speech included "I spent eight years in the White House" and "I gave a speech at the UN." Well big deal. I went to a Catholic Church, that doesn't make me qualified to be Pope. And who hasn't had to give a speech in their life? What effects did your speech eventually have?

by Anonymousreply 94November 16, 2016 3:44 PM

R6,

Donald Trump—not Hillary Clinton—will be the 45th president of the United States.

✅ Donald Trump (R-New York) • 30 states, plus Maine #02, 306 electoral votes

🏧 Hillary Clinton (D-New York) • 20 states, plus District of Columbia, 232 electoral votes

by Anonymousreply 95November 16, 2016 3:52 PM

Can we please return the conversation to colossal failure Robby Mook?

by Anonymousreply 96November 16, 2016 3:54 PM

‘Hillary Clinton's Campaign Manager Tries Comedy’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 16, 2016 3:56 PM

Somebody will give Mook a job as "consultant to the LGBTABCDEFG community." People on this level don't stand on the unemployment line.

by Anonymousreply 98November 16, 2016 4:07 PM

I felt sorry for her campaign team. They all had their hands tied from the very beginning with the email controversy. The Republicans, with help form their FBI contacts, had the email attack all planned out and ready to go the moment she announced.

I still can't believe that Hillary was dumb enough to set up a private server at her home, even though she knew all along that she'd be running again for president.

by Anonymousreply 99November 16, 2016 4:19 PM

[quote]I still can't believe that Hillary was dumb enough to set up a private server at her home

r99, don't buy into the hype. It was actually a good idea that she protected her emails; they certainly would've been hacked if she didn't do this. She was doing it out of precaution.

The real problem was that the State Dept. didn't provide her adequate and secure technology to do her job, that is the whole reason she had to go that route in the first place. She really should've pressed them on this but she didn't.

Politicians are so out of touch and media just ran with the witch hunt for ratings. Historians will look back on EMAILGATE and comment on how ridiculous it was.

by Anonymousreply 100November 16, 2016 4:41 PM

Mook fucked up. Instead of concentrating on the economy, which is really all most voters cared about, he never created any real campaign promise. Instead of promising more jobs, more money, less taxes, all the campaign ever came up with is the useless slogan, I'm With Her, and then many monkish policy papers that no one cared about.

It never seems to have occurred to her highly paid staff to create a campaign. All they essentially did was say, She's not Trump.

Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 101November 16, 2016 4:46 PM

[quote]The real problem was that the State Dept. didn't provide her adequate and secure technology to do her job, that is the whole reason she had to go that route in the first place.

You're telling me that the Secretary of State couldn't get the proper tools to do her job? Really?? Especially after seeing all the money she wasted?

She set up the private server specifically because she didn't want people knowing what she was doing. She has a history of it. Remember Sandy Berger going into the National Archives and stuffing documents in his pants? The Clintons have a history of doing this crap.

by Anonymousreply 102November 16, 2016 4:47 PM

[quote]Instead of concentrating on the economy, which is really all most voters cared about

I think people were also concerned about their healthcare insurance. Hillary really didn't put forth a plan that people could understand about what was happening with their healthcare insurance. But everyone was getting letters about how their insurance was leaving ACA or their premiums were going up, etc. She didn't stem the fear over this.

by Anonymousreply 103November 16, 2016 4:49 PM

Is it true that Hillary "forgot" to thank Mook during her concession speech? I haven't seen it yet.

by Anonymousreply 104November 16, 2016 4:54 PM

He was sitting right in front of her in the first row as she delivered it.

by Anonymousreply 105November 16, 2016 6:06 PM

R100, They were hacked anyway.

by Anonymousreply 106November 16, 2016 6:08 PM

Is Colossal Failure Robbie Mook the new Cockgobbler Aaron Schock?

by Anonymousreply 107November 16, 2016 6:54 PM

r106 the DNC was hacked. The security software on Hillary's server thwarted hacking attempts, none of them were successful.

by Anonymousreply 108November 16, 2016 7:14 PM

Ah renounce youah hackin' attempts! Ah THWAHT them!!

by Anonymousreply 109November 16, 2016 7:17 PM

Robby will probably get a nice, do-nothing position at HRC, which pays ridiculously well. Perhaps he will be in charge of organizing their lavish fundraising dinners where they all sit around and circle-jerk each other.

by Anonymousreply 110November 16, 2016 10:50 PM

Hillary was sliding in the polls even before the Comey bombshell. Earlier that week, the administration revealed the huge hike in Obamacare premiums and Wikileaks revealed more shady Clinton Foundation activities. And polls were starting to show major tightening by the day of the FBI announcement.

by Anonymousreply 111November 16, 2016 11:42 PM

Polls are only as good as human beings. If people lie, and they do, the polls are useless.

by Anonymousreply 112November 17, 2016 2:20 PM

Jon Stewart weighs in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 17, 2016 2:26 PM

Stewart is wrong of course. Nobody who was mad about insurance premiums would have voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 114November 17, 2016 2:30 PM

No. multiculturalism is what is special about Switzerland. Not the US, which has a single culture based on television and sports.

by Anonymousreply 115November 17, 2016 2:31 PM

[quote]Nobody who was mad about insurance premiums would have voted for Trump.

That's not true. Trump put forth a very clear proposal about Obamacare. Hillary never really revealed what her position was. If people were angry about premium increases, it's easy to see why they would vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 116November 17, 2016 2:40 PM

[quote]multiculturalism is what is special about Switzerland

And all three of those cultures are white and European. That's a whole different ball game.

by Anonymousreply 117November 17, 2016 2:44 PM

And they don't truly interact, r117.

by Anonymousreply 118November 17, 2016 2:47 PM

Mook is proof that jevvs aren't as smart as they think they are

by Anonymousreply 119November 17, 2016 2:50 PM

r29 Thank you, he is one year younger than me, and we are not millenials.

by Anonymousreply 120November 17, 2016 2:57 PM

[quote] He really was a terrible pick. A data driven egghead Jewish Millennial - who doesn't use social media!!

What, wait, he's Jewish???

by Anonymousreply 121November 17, 2016 3:15 PM

He's un-mutilated. That's a fact.

by Anonymousreply 122November 17, 2016 3:18 PM

[quote]He's un-mutilated. That's a fact.

How odd -- is this the current fashion for Jevvs hoping to hide their background and later convert to Episcopalian?

Will all our Episcopalians soon be hidden Jevvs?

by Anonymousreply 123November 17, 2016 3:28 PM

[quote] He's un-mutilated. That's a fact.

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 124November 17, 2016 3:33 PM

[quote]Will all our Episcopalians soon be hidden Jevvs?

We can always tell. Believe me.

by Anonymousreply 125November 17, 2016 3:42 PM

He'sfugly.

by Anonymousreply 126November 17, 2016 3:44 PM

r119, go take your anti Semitic views back to breitbart.

by Anonymousreply 127November 17, 2016 4:49 PM

R111 I agree. Hillary got pummeled by bad news in the weeks before the elected. Granted, her campaign made mistakes, but the Comey announcement finished her off. Trump needs to have some fucking balls and fire the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 128November 17, 2016 4:55 PM

Why don't you take your Semitic views off this gay forum, r127

by Anonymousreply 129November 17, 2016 4:55 PM

[quote] Has Mook been seen or heard from since the election?

He's probably still hospitalized.

[quote] Hillary Clinton reportedly became “physically violent” towards her own campaign staff after she realized she had lost the presidential election, according to radio host Todd Kincannon.

[quote] “CNN reporter tells me Hillary became physically violent towards Robby Mook and John Podesta around midnight; had to be briefly restrained,” tweeted Kincannon.

[quote] It was Podesta who was sent out to talk to Hillary’s dejected supporters shortly before Hillary called Donald Trump to concede, with Clinton nowhere to be seen until the following day.

[quote] When asked about rumors that Hillary was drunk on election night, Kincannon responded, “She was. I posted about that too. She was in a “psychotic drunken rage” according to my reporter friend. Doctor added sedatives to the mix.”

by Anonymousreply 130November 17, 2016 6:27 PM

Mr. Mook is presently recovering from some elective surgery for a "deviated septum" discovered on Election Night by Hillary Clinton, R. N,, who said "You better get that looked at" before assisting him into a chair, face-first.

by Anonymousreply 131November 17, 2016 8:28 PM

Oh, yes and Todd Kincannon is a reliable provider of news. You'd be better off quoting the National Enquirer.

by Anonymousreply 132November 17, 2016 9:06 PM

Robby told the gals on The View that he was going on vacation right after the election, win or lose.

by Anonymousreply 133November 17, 2016 9:13 PM

Robbies getting cocks up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 134November 17, 2016 9:23 PM

I had pretty much the same experience, R28.

He wouldn't interact with people after the event (it was quite small) and just rushed off to his waiting car like he was some fucking rock star.

Thanks for ruining everything for gays, Robby!

by Anonymousreply 135November 17, 2016 9:31 PM

This is why those of Robbie's ilk were kept out of the club:

Everything they touch, dies.

by Anonymousreply 136November 17, 2016 9:34 PM

Look Hillbots, I know Michael Moore told you to keep talking about how She won the popular vote.

But it's a bullshit stat: neither candidate was running their campaign to win the popular vote, they were running it to win the electoral college votes.

So Team Trump left NY and CA alone since they were never going to win and concentrated on states where they could.

by Anonymousreply 137November 17, 2016 9:38 PM

R137 is correct

by Anonymousreply 138November 17, 2016 9:47 PM

Mook was not the right person for the job. Like Hillary, he was better suited for a behind-the-scenes job, where he would have killed it.

She needed someone who believed in old school campaigning, a Democratic equivalent to Kellyanne Conway who could talk to the press and spin things (Podesta was supposed to do that, but didn't.)

But the real blame has to go to Hillary. She called the shots. She ignored everything Bill told her, all of which proved correct. She was a horrible candidate--always has been.

And then she compounded it by blaming it all on Comey, which, even if she thought it was true, just proved to a lot of her non-Hillbotic supporters that she was not cut out for the job-- a true leader never puts the blame for a loss off onto someone else. It *always* makes you look small and petty.

by Anonymousreply 139November 17, 2016 9:48 PM

Truedat

by Anonymousreply 140November 17, 2016 9:53 PM

But why did Democrats nominate such a transparently horrible candidate?????

by Anonymousreply 141November 17, 2016 9:54 PM

Today there was a lot of coverage about the fake stories that were running rampant on social media throughout the election. Hillary does have a lot of baggage, but the propaganda coming from the right did not help. Morons the likes of who support Trump don't fact check. She was basically doomed from the start. And once Putin got involved, it was a done deal.

by Anonymousreply 142November 17, 2016 9:58 PM

That's an excellent question R141 and one that historians will no doubt be arguing over for years.

by Anonymousreply 143November 17, 2016 9:59 PM

No R142. You sound as bad as a Breitbarter.

She lost because she was a terrible candidate.

A bunch of fake news articles on Facebook did not defeat her.

FBI Director Comey did not defeat her.

Her own incompetence did.

Time to accept that and figure out how to stop it from happening again.

by Anonymousreply 144November 17, 2016 10:02 PM

It was a mixture, but she is the biggest reason she lost

by Anonymousreply 145November 17, 2016 10:06 PM

The Kaiser would never have stood for any of nonsense from Robbie or Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 146November 17, 2016 10:45 PM

Why did the Democrats nominate such a terrible candidate? Partly because they wanted to be the party of The First Woman President (following on the heels of The First Black President). Partly because the Clintons had made it known for YEARS that Hillary expected to be nominated (and to win). Partly because they thought she would ride the coat-tails of Bill's success and take on the mantle of his capability. Partly because we'd once again be getting the famous Clinton "Two-For-The-Price-Of-One" partnership. And partly because so many actually felt that Hillary deserved it, and was "owed" the nomination.

I'm sure there are many other reasons but that's just off the top of my head. I'd really like to know what others think.

by Anonymousreply 147November 17, 2016 11:35 PM

Actually I'd argue the Clintons didn't make it known... and that was part of the enthusiasm problem. They implied, they hinted, they skated around... if she'd just come out and said much earlier yeah, me too, maybe she wouldn't have had that air of faded inevitability about her. Who knows... her candidacy failed in a thousand small ways that added up to defeat. There is no one answer for what went wrong.

by Anonymousreply 148November 17, 2016 11:41 PM

r148, agreed. Hill really downplayed her first female president legacy making most of the election. She was better of selling it that way, like obama did with blacks. she didn't really brand her campaign like an historic big fkin deal like she should have. Trump's craziness really overshadowed and that we all must not let this maniac win, which he did; we should have been sold how bout we finally have a woman world leader.

by Anonymousreply 149November 17, 2016 11:45 PM

R149, because mainstream America recoils at anything that sounds remotely like feminism. Americans felt good about the idea of the first black president in a way they don't about the first woman president. Sexism is much more unchallenged than racism

by Anonymousreply 150November 17, 2016 11:47 PM

If you ask most American women about women's issues, they hold the same beliefs as feminists. But, if you point out to those women that espouse feminism, they react in horror as though you've just suggested they drink their own periods. There is something about the word "feminism" that sends most American women into outrage and denial.

by Anonymousreply 151November 17, 2016 11:55 PM

[quote]There is something about the word "feminism" that sends most American women into outrage and denial.

Like the way men branded it because they were terrified of it?

by Anonymousreply 152November 18, 2016 12:07 AM

Hillary downplayed being the first woman president? What about her friends, then, who admonished young ladies that they would burn in hell if they did not vote for H?

by Anonymousreply 153November 18, 2016 12:10 AM

Please.

Her slogan was "I'm With Her". Of course her campaign was about being the First Woman President.

How much clearer could it be?

by Anonymousreply 154November 18, 2016 12:14 AM

"I'm With Her" = Worst Campaign Slogan Ever.

Translation: I am going to help you become the first female president Hillary. Fuck the economy and the fed rate

by Anonymousreply 155November 18, 2016 12:17 AM

^^whoa! Major autocorrect fail. Should read "Fuck the economy and the undermployment rate"

by Anonymousreply 156November 18, 2016 12:18 AM

He has carbface for days.

by Anonymousreply 157November 18, 2016 12:21 AM

[quote]because mainstream America recoils at anything that sounds remotely like feminism

so don't dress it up like feminism. Remember when Pelosi ascended and she made a joke of it... 'I've raised five kids and I'm a Grandma,... I think I can handle Congress.' It was relatable. The strength of women doesn't always have to be cast in strident or threatening terms. Women are the backbones of strong families.... they resonate... it's all how you position it.

by Anonymousreply 158November 18, 2016 12:22 AM

Someone told me that he has pimples on his ass. Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 159November 18, 2016 12:32 AM

[quote] The strength of women doesn't always have to be cast in strident or threatening terms

Hillary not being strident or threatening?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 18, 2016 12:36 AM

It comes back to Hillary. She decided her team.

She needed proven pro types such as Axelrod, James Carville, Paul Begala, Lanny Davis, etc., that play rough and tough.

...Not a buck of sheep gathering for a multicultural festival, then get slaughtered.

by Anonymousreply 161November 18, 2016 12:46 AM

What century were you born in R158? Same as Nanci boys and Pelosi I guess. Clinton doesn't have the greatest speaking voice but she was far from strident in 2016. Racists and misogynists won this election. White men and women. Clinton's campaign had some strategy errors, but she still would have won if not for Comrey and insane Jill Stein supporters. Fags are the last to know they are misogynists. Why should Hillary have to play grandma to be "relatable."? Her late focus on children and families, juxtaposed with all those celebrity concerts is where she let her constituents down after the very inclusive DNC. Comrey alienated whatever undecided voters to stay home. Mook and Podesta and Hillary herself are largely to blame. Lots of unhappy people trying to make sense of their support of her now. I was with her, #stillwithher. A heartbreaking defeat. Play like a grown up if you're going to armchair quarterback. Has nothing to do with gender. Mooks' a Mook but this election WAS rigged and stolen. The outcome is a shock to everyone but black men. Black women worked hard for Hillary and had great hope. Black men voted hard for Hillary but could smell what the man was cooking.

Gay people so enjoy being outsiders and underdogs and professional victims. Some black leaders are like that, but most black people are not. Protesting against fascists is not preferable to incremental progress with a leader who only promised that she could see you, had always tried to pay some attention. Gay men are such babies, lying around and bitching, so mocking and dismissive of other minorities. Robbie Mook played a part in setting a babying agenda of the already converted. Fags and rich white people.

by Anonymousreply 162November 18, 2016 12:49 AM

^bunch, not buck

by Anonymousreply 163November 18, 2016 12:49 AM

Fag is such an effective, decent word with which to win an argument, R162, particularly on a gay message board. I'd point out the holes in the rest of your hysteria, but you forfeited the standing to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 164November 18, 2016 12:58 AM

"He has carbface for days."

Not really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 18, 2016 1:03 AM

r165, as really don't know what his face looks like now after Hillary dealt with him election night.

by Anonymousreply 166November 18, 2016 1:11 AM

That's one of the most hilarious stories making the rounds.... does anybody really think she so lost it that fists flew? Because you'd think if she was that unhinged she would have taken a swing a Bill, too.

by Anonymousreply 167November 18, 2016 1:13 AM

I'd peg her as a self-harmer before a puncher.

by Anonymousreply 168November 18, 2016 1:15 AM

R164, so sorry to offend your delicate parts. This is a Gay message board. DL is the most racist and misogynist site that still operates without too many lawsuits considering the level of hate speech. Sorry if fag offends you. Read the slurs a black man or woman encounters here daily. Asians and women. Trans.

I ain't hysterical. I worked for months at Killary and Clinton headquarters in BK. I am emotional. Black, handsome, professional under 40 and gay. The campaign didn't need more niggas or fags. OK bitch.

White fags are much more misogynistic though. Call women C U N Ts everyday on this site and think it doesn't resonate R164? You reveal more evil than you seek to expose.

by Anonymousreply 169November 18, 2016 1:31 AM

Yeah, right R169. Whatever you say.

by Anonymousreply 170November 18, 2016 1:33 AM

Jevvs don't want us to forget that we are fags

by Anonymousreply 171November 18, 2016 1:37 AM

[quote] Because you'd think if she was that unhinged she would have taken a swing a Bill, too.

Bill is no dope. He knows her better than anyone. He probably had a bolt hole arranged before election night just in case his suspicions were correct.

He probably slipped away, as the tension mounted, to a place no one could find him. (Sort of like the scene in Godfather Part II with all those New Years party goers quietly getting up and leaving the Cuban shindig when Castro's approach was announced.) No muss, no fuss, no goodbyes, just out the door quietly.

by Anonymousreply 172November 18, 2016 2:56 AM

r162, you started to make a point but then completely lost me. Sometimes "fag" can be used to be ironic and once in a blue moon, funny. I don't get your use, especially as it would completely contradict the point being made.

by Anonymousreply 173November 18, 2016 3:35 AM

God DAMN, DL has completely gone to shit

by Anonymousreply 174November 18, 2016 3:39 AM

r174 just like Hillary's campaign. Professional victims and their self-loathing always make for dysfunctional, off-putting movements. That's why traditionalism always makes a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 175November 18, 2016 3:47 AM

[quote]Sometimes "fag" can be used to be ironic and once in a blue moon, funny. I don't get your use,

I wasn't being funny or ironic.

by Anonymousreply 176November 18, 2016 3:48 AM

r162, I know. You are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 177November 18, 2016 3:59 AM

[quote] Call women C U N Ts everyday on this site

I don't recall ever calling a woman that here or in person. I have called men that though.

by Anonymousreply 178November 18, 2016 4:29 AM

Nah, I'm not pathetic R177

[quote]so don't dress it up like feminism. Remember when Pelosi ascended and she made a joke of it... 'I've raised five kids and I'm a Grandma,... I think I can handle Congress.' It was relatable. The strength of women doesn't always have to be cast in strident or threatening terms. Women are the backbones of strong families.... they resonate... it's all how you position it.

Ancient mommy boys shouldn't comment on Hillary Clinton taking daddy's BIG chair. Hillary had no problem this time, her life of accomplishment has been whittled and drained from her for 45 years. But she had the confidence of her art and experience. She got old enough - where feminists are finally tolerated. Like fags in reverse. We all have rights but let's not lie about life. I deal with fags, they love my dick. We are all democrats.

by Anonymousreply 179November 18, 2016 4:44 AM

Sad when one doesn't take their meds.

by Anonymousreply 180November 18, 2016 4:54 AM

I don't know any old gays in real life but DL posters demonstrate it is sad when a gays time is over. Not just sexually. That happens so young to white men. But having no relevance of opinion, jerking off to ideas that are far removed from reality, dismissing twitter as a fad, believing DL is a cultural hub & a place of acceptance & wit = a sad place to hang your dick. DL is the KKK of gay sites. Alive but dead inside.

Nice that R180 can make enough money to support his opinions. Sad that he can't see that he is a racist and misogynist, and though he voted for Clinton he is not far removed from those who voted for Trump.

Life was a mirror, can still be a place of awakening. DL permits racists and misogynists to flourish. That's fine. But you wouldn't last a day in any other format R180. "Take Your Meds" is a particularly lame phrase that even a 14 year old would never use. I know you are not mentally ill, that is an easy accusation. I hope you can be desensitized and enlightened to what's real. We are in for a ride and REAL protest. Not your DL jerk off.

by Anonymousreply 181November 18, 2016 5:18 AM

His face and demeanor really irritate me.

by Anonymousreply 182November 18, 2016 6:03 AM

I wonder if he is autistic, like Barron.

by Anonymousreply 183November 18, 2016 10:09 AM

I almost feel sorry for Robby. He always seemed like a shy nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 184November 18, 2016 11:12 PM

[quote] I almost feel sorry for Robby. He always seemed like a shy nice guy.

Any guy with a hole that's been pounded as much as Robby cannot be considered "shy". Or even "nice", for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 185November 19, 2016 2:01 AM

Robby Mook is being criticized by some in the aftermath of one of the most shocking political upsets in American history.

Some Democrats are saying Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook pursued the wrong strategy in a “change” election and relied too heavily on projecting an image of Clinton as an establishment candidate.

Wayne Besen, a Chicago-based gay activist and radio host known for his opposition to widely discredited “conversion therapy,” said Mook came off as the “kind of man you’d want to take home and introduce to mom and dad,” but didn’t enact the right strategy to combat Donald Trump’s low-brow campaign tactics.

“We needed a campaign manager who effectively channeled the fear and anger felt by those left behind by globalization and the technological revolution,” Besen said. “We needed someone, particularly against Trump, who was a political brawler. Unfortunately, Mook was often feckless in media appearances and looked shifty. He spoke with little emotion and seemed to be reading off DNC talking points. He appeared as if he was afraid to mess up, when he should have spoken with conviction, charisma, and authority.”

Besen, a Bernie Sanders supporter in the Democratic primary, added Mook “made a mistake” with the choice of Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) as Clinton’s running mate, saying the vice presidential nominee performed well, but “was the wrong man for this peculiar moment in American history.”

“On my daily radio show in Chicago, I repeatedly warned that Trump’s only path to victory was the Rust Belt,” Besen said. “Thus, the Clinton campaign should pick an anti-trade firebrand stalwart like Sanders or Warren and shuttle them between the Great Lakes and Pennsylvania. Instead they went in the opposite direction and paid dearly for this mistake.”

Besen tempered his criticism of Mook by saying he “competently ran a sophisticated, sprawling campaign operation” and won the popular vote, even though Clinton didn’t end up winning the election through the Electoral College system. According to election results posted on CNN, Clinton as of Tuesday surpassed Trump in the popular vote by about 800,000 votes.

On the day after the election, Hillary Clinton omitted Mook from the list of those she thanked during her concession speech, although she recognized Kaine and his wife, President Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, Bill Clinton and Chelsea Clinton.

Trump won the election largely in part to victories in the Rust Belt states of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, which have traditionally been “blue” states in presidential elections. The results in those states were a surprise because prior to Election Day, polls there showed Clinton with a comfortable lead.

The Trump campaign seems to have been more aware those states were in play than the Clinton campaign. According to NBC News, Trump in the last 100 days of the election out-campaigned Clinton in states that ended up being critical on Election Day. In Ohio, Trump made 26 rally appearances compared to the 17 made by Clinton. In Michigan, Trump made 13 rally appearances compared to the six made by Clinton. In Wisconsin, Trump made six appearances while Clinton never once visited the state during that time period.

Jimmy LaSalvia, a gay independent and former Republican who endorsed Clinton, said Mook ended up filling the campaign with insiders and, in contrast to Trump’s team, no one who “could help them to see the need to express more empathy for Americans who feel shut out and screwed by the system.”

“I saw many examples of evidence that Mook and his team fundamentally missed the mood of the country,” LaSalvia said. “This election wasn’t about Republicans versus Democrats, it was about the insiders versus the outsiders. The Clinton campaign did too many things that highlighted their candidate’s insider status, and not enough to appear on the side of the outsiders.”

Cont..

by Anonymousreply 186November 19, 2016 2:54 PM

Robby Mook is being criticized by some in the aftermath of one of the most shocking political upsets in American history.

Some Democrats are saying Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook pursued the wrong strategy in a “change” election and relied too heavily on projecting an image of Clinton as an establishment candidate.

Wayne Besen, a Chicago-based gay activist and radio host known for his opposition to widely discredited “conversion therapy,” said Mook came off as the “kind of man you’d want to take home and introduce to mom and dad,” but didn’t enact the right strategy to combat Donald Trump’s low-brow campaign tactics.

“We needed a campaign manager who effectively channeled the fear and anger felt by those left behind by globalization and the technological revolution,” Besen said. “We needed someone, particularly against Trump, who was a political brawler. Unfortunately, Mook was often feckless in media appearances and looked shifty. He spoke with little emotion and seemed to be reading off DNC talking points. He appeared as if he was afraid to mess up, when he should have spoken with conviction, charisma, and authority.”

Besen, a Bernie Sanders supporter in the Democratic primary, added Mook “made a mistake” with the choice of Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) as Clinton’s running mate, saying the vice presidential nominee performed well, but “was the wrong man for this peculiar moment in American history.”

“On my daily radio show in Chicago, I repeatedly warned that Trump’s only path to victory was the Rust Belt,” Besen said. “Thus, the Clinton campaign should pick an anti-trade firebrand stalwart like Sanders or Warren and shuttle them between the Great Lakes and Pennsylvania. Instead they went in the opposite direction and paid dearly for this mistake.”

Besen tempered his criticism of Mook by saying he “competently ran a sophisticated, sprawling campaign operation” and won the popular vote, even though Clinton didn’t end up winning the election through the Electoral College system. According to election results posted on CNN, Clinton as of Tuesday surpassed Trump in the popular vote by about 800,000 votes.

On the day after the election, Hillary Clinton omitted Mook from the list of those she thanked during her concession speech, although she recognized Kaine and his wife, President Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, Bill Clinton and Chelsea Clinton.

Cont..

by Anonymousreply 187November 19, 2016 2:56 PM

Trump won the election largely in part to victories in the Rust Belt states of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, which have traditionally been “blue” states in presidential elections. The results in those states were a surprise because prior to Election Day, polls there showed Clinton with a comfortable lead.

The Trump campaign seems to have been more aware those states were in play than the Clinton campaign. According to NBC News, Trump in the last 100 days of the election out-campaigned Clinton in states that ended up being critical on Election Day. In Ohio, Trump made 26 rally appearances compared to the 17 made by Clinton. In Michigan, Trump made 13 rally appearances compared to the six made by Clinton. In Wisconsin, Trump made six appearances while Clinton never once visited the state during that time period.

Jimmy LaSalvia, a gay independent and former Republican who endorsed Clinton, said Mook ended up filling the campaign with insiders and, in contrast to Trump’s team, no one who “could help them to see the need to express more empathy for Americans who feel shut out and screwed by the system.”

“I saw many examples of evidence that Mook and his team fundamentally missed the mood of the country,” LaSalvia said. “This election wasn’t about Republicans versus Democrats, it was about the insiders versus the outsiders. The Clinton campaign did too many things that highlighted their candidate’s insider status, and not enough to appear on the side of the outsiders.”

As one example, LaSalvia said during the Democratic primary the Clinton campaign faulted Sanders for not being a Democrat, even though that contributed to his appeal. Additionally, LaSalvia said the team erred by including almost entirely lists of former elected officials and high-level appointees in their Republican outreach — a strategy he said he warned the campaign against because it “helped to highlight her campaign as the political establishment who the country was ready to fire.”

“If Mook had a winning message that he could organize around, then his organizational skills would lead her to victory,” LaSalvia said. “That didn’t happen. He and his candidate, being the establishment figures they are, just couldn’t see what they were missing.”

by Anonymousreply 188November 19, 2016 2:56 PM

In fairness, Robbie Mook wasn't the only person on the Clinton campaign team who didn't understand or accept the mood. There haven't been a raft of people briefing media 'I said the whole time the Rust Belt...' They missed it. It's beyond regrettable but they missed it - all of them (except apparently Bill, who if the stories are correct was dismissed.)

I think one of HRC's great failings is she's lousy at politics and so her judgement calls are lousy at politics. She may have had great ideas for governing, but she had to get there first.

by Anonymousreply 189November 19, 2016 3:01 PM

There were the numerous pleas from state party leaders to get Clinton to specific states – like Michigan – earlier, and to devote more resources to state party operations, which provide the oil and expertise to get out the vote.

"But it was all about analytics with them," the DNC source says. "They were too reliant on analytics and not enough on instinct and human intel from the ground."

And there were the multiple factions of power swirling around Clinton: from Huma Abedin, her longtime aide, to Mook and Marshall, whom sources say lost some of Clinton's trust through the grueling primary with Sen. Bernie Sanders, to older Clinton hands like Minyon Moore and Charlie Baker.

by Anonymousreply 190November 19, 2016 3:04 PM

Ada is a complex computer algorithm that the campaign was prepared to publicly unveil after the election as its invisible guiding hand.

According to aides, a raft of polling numbers, public and private, were fed into the algorithm, as well as ground-level voter data meticulously collected by the campaign. Once early voting began, those numbers were factored in, too.

What Ada did, based on all that data, aides said, was run 400,000 simulations a day of what the race against Trump might look like. A report that was spit out would give campaign manager Robby Mook and others a detailed picture of which battleground states were most likely to tip the race in one direction or another — and guide decisions about where to spend time and deploy resources.

The use of analytics by campaigns was hardly unprecedented. But Clinton aides were convinced their work, which was far more sophisticated than anything employed by President Obama or GOP nominee Mitt Romney in 2012, gave them a big strategic advantage over Trump.

So where did Ada go wrong?

About some things, she was apparently right. Aides say Pennsylvania was pegged as an extremely important state early on, which explains why Clinton was such a frequent visitor and chose to hold her penultimate rally in Philadelphia on Monday night.

But it appears that the importance of other states Clinton would lose — including Michigan and Wisconsin — never became fully apparent or that it was too late once it did.

Clinton made several visits to Michigan during the general election, but it wasn't until the final days that she, Obama and her husband made such a concerted effort.

As for Wisconsin: Clinton didn't make any appearances there at all.

Like much of the political establishment Ada appeared to underestimate the power of rural voters in Rust Belt states.

Clearly, there were things neither she nor a human could foresee — like a pair of bombshell letters sent by the FBI about Clinton's email server. But in coming days and weeks, expect a debate on how heavily campaigns should rely on data, particularly in a year like this one in which so many conventional rules of politics were cast aside.

by Anonymousreply 191November 19, 2016 3:05 PM

Mook should be drawn and quartered. More than anyone else, he is responsible for this mess.

by Anonymousreply 192November 19, 2016 3:08 PM

^ not really. He reported upward. They let him continue. The blame, in the end, always lies with the candidate because that is where the buck stops.

by Anonymousreply 193November 19, 2016 3:12 PM

R193 is right. The buck stops with the leader, which is Clinton. Last time she went after the DEMS nomination she actually FIRED her campaign manager during the middle of her primary fight with Obama.

However as some of the threads above note, the data they received showed an overwhelming victory they got lulled into a sense of arrogance

by Anonymousreply 194November 19, 2016 3:14 PM

In fairness though, data relies on the past to predict the future.... things happened in this election that data couldn't predict or even tap into. Voting Trump was not a rational decision in many instances, but a statement. There's a good article on Politico interviewing Pennsylvania voters who went Trump... they don't believe much of his platform and don't agree with a lot of the garbage that came out of his mouth... but they voted for him anyway, because Clinton didn't seem credible to them. Data can't get there. Data doesn't do emotion.

Campaigning has swung too far into the technical. You still need electorate whisperers, operating on gut and experience. That's usually people at least over 40 years old.

by Anonymousreply 195November 19, 2016 3:18 PM

Mook was awful but Hillary is the worst politician I have ever seen

by Anonymousreply 196November 20, 2016 3:17 AM

The election was almost two weeks ago and still not a trace of Mook has been seen or heard. The election night beat-down Hillary laid on him must have been a doozie.

by Anonymousreply 197November 20, 2016 3:31 AM

He looks like a younger Victor Garber.

by Anonymousreply 198November 20, 2016 5:25 AM

[quote] He looks like a younger Victor Garber.

That might be a bit of a stretch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199November 20, 2016 5:28 AM

These campaigns are led and managed by a large group of people. Stop talking about Robby like he was the only one making decisions.

by Anonymousreply 200November 20, 2016 5:37 AM

If it was a large group of people it would have included Bill Clinton. We're talking about a small group, maybe only Hillary, Podesta and Mook.

by Anonymousreply 201November 20, 2016 5:55 AM

Called Mook has the fatal flaw months ago...

by Anonymousreply 202November 20, 2016 6:22 AM

*as dammit, he was completely not up for the tasks needed to win.

by Anonymousreply 203November 20, 2016 6:23 AM

I think I read he's been reduced to offering sex for $60 and an order of nachos.

by Anonymousreply 204November 20, 2016 6:23 AM

R204 Well, he's not bad looking and probably great at giving head, so I'd fork out the $60 for a one off.

by Anonymousreply 205November 20, 2016 6:39 AM

History wasn't on Hillary's side. It's extremely rare for a party to remain in the White House after consecutive terms anyway....yeah, there's that. Hillary didn't run an effective 'picnic mingling' campaign to connect with ambivalent voters, and again, red staters voted for the "guy" they'd rather have a beer with.

by Anonymousreply 206November 20, 2016 7:38 AM

I read that he had this whiz bang program that he created that he was going to unveil after Hillary's win.

So is he the software designer, programmer, campaign manager or what?

Clearly his requirements and design documents need tweeking. Who was doing his QA work? The same people who came up with the New Coke?

by Anonymousreply 207November 20, 2016 7:45 AM

I'm not going to blame the Mook. ( I think he's got kind of a nerdy , geeky hot guy thing going on) It's up to the person running to come up with the platform. Obama was hope and change and his people worked from there. What was Hillary's except vote for me and I promise to do more of the same and not change things too much. After 8 years, even with a popular president, that's just not a message that will bring out a lot of people.

Now hopefully we don't assume that the next election that the country would be in the same mood. After 2to 4 years of having a Twitter troll for a President the country may be back in the mood for a more establishment and experienced type.

by Anonymousreply 208November 20, 2016 8:24 AM

[quote] After 2to 4 years of having a Twitter troll for a President the country may be back in the mood for a more establishment and experienced type.

That's what I keep telling Bill but he pretends not to hear me. Chelsea too.

by Anonymousreply 209November 20, 2016 8:27 AM

We thought California would be done with Arnold after a term, but they just ran some weirdo against him and he got another term -- not unlike putting Romney against Obama in 2012.

All these third rate Boomers and their weak little puppets have grabbed hold and won't let go.

by Anonymousreply 210November 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Yeppo

by Anonymousreply 211November 20, 2016 12:38 PM

Ultimately, it's Hillary R208, and she should have cleaned house and fired Mook and Abedin after she nearly lost to Sanders. But Mook had a HUGE effect on her and must be taken to task for her historic and embarrassing loss, a loss that will resonate and be destructive for generations of Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 212November 20, 2016 12:50 PM

Um, R200 he was RUNNING HER CAMPAIGN. You don't think Kellyanne Conway would be called out in exactly the same way just as she's being lionized now?

by Anonymousreply 213November 20, 2016 12:52 PM

Ultimately the fault goes to Hillary. But the problems for the Dems are so big. The party has been getting killed since 2010 except for Obama. Without him it'll be on life support. I heard Biden might be DNC head. That would be great if true.

by Anonymousreply 214November 20, 2016 1:13 PM

[quote]You don't think Kellyanne Conway would be called out in exactly the same way just as she's being lionized now?

Sorry, but I honestly don't. Kellyanne Conway would be the woman who couldn't save Trump from himself. She'd be getting a complete pass.

by Anonymousreply 215November 20, 2016 1:22 PM

I am reading Listen Liberal and Thomas Frank points to our faith in educated technocrats as a symptom of our decline.

Robby Mook is now Exhibit A.

by Anonymousreply 216November 20, 2016 8:42 PM

We have basically seen an eight year racist, culturally conservative backlash against Obama untold

by Anonymousreply 217November 20, 2016 8:47 PM

Breaking News: The body of Robbie Mook, former campaign chief for Hillary Clinton, was found today floating in the East River. His body was trussed up like a Thanksgiving turkey with "I'm With Her" bumper stickers, and a "Make America Great Again" cap was stuffed in his mouth. The body was also weighed down with a number of laptops and cell phones.

Efforts to reach Hillary Clinton for a statement were unsuccessful.

This just in: an Amber Alert has been put out for John Podesta, who was last seen on the Jones Beach Causeway, desperately fumbling for the correct change. Stay tunes for an update right after an all-new episode of "Survivor: Trump Tower".

by Anonymousreply 218November 20, 2016 8:52 PM

He is still quiet

by Anonymousreply 219November 22, 2016 11:02 AM

I hope he's getting gangbanged in a DC bathhouse and contracts raging rectal gonorrhea.

by Anonymousreply 220November 22, 2016 6:02 PM

R220, watch yourself dude

by Anonymousreply 221November 22, 2016 6:35 PM

Do we know he's a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 222November 22, 2016 6:44 PM

Do you think Hillary gave him an extra-harsh lashing because he's a fag? Like, in a she-wouldn't-talk-that-way-to-a-straight-man fashion?

by Anonymousreply 223November 22, 2016 6:48 PM

It wasn't Robby Mook nor was it Hillary fault, it was the sheer stupidity of a vast number of Americans who believe lies over fact and slogans over reality. It was the stupidity of the media who decided they'd play with fire and treat Trump as an equal candidate compared to Clinton and allowed his racists and anti-women rants to be normalized and accepted. The stupidity of the media who decided that the GOP narrative of Clinton's emails was legitimate and focused so much attention on it ignoring legitimate concerns about Trump's ties to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 224November 22, 2016 6:57 PM

Hillary has a vagina, therefore she isn't stupid, nor is she at fault for losing to a reality TV chimp.

by Anonymousreply 225November 22, 2016 7:00 PM

I'm sure Dancing With the Stars will be calling Robby soon.

by Anonymousreply 226November 22, 2016 7:03 PM

r224 the media raked Trump over the coals during campaign season. Where were you? The NY Times was openly mocking him, for starters.

by Anonymousreply 227November 22, 2016 9:15 PM

Was there any possible doubt otherwise R222?

by Anonymousreply 228November 22, 2016 9:30 PM

He's holed up in the men's room in the Atlantic Center Target desperately taking loads from the local Brooklyn teen thugs, or in other words his usual Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 229November 23, 2016 6:53 PM

Oprah would have booked him already.

by Anonymousreply 230November 23, 2016 7:28 PM

Well, she can't book a corpse that is 6 miles under the sea. Or can she?

by Anonymousreply 231November 23, 2016 7:35 PM

r191, Clinton may have been "a frequent visitor" to Pennsylvania, but suburban Philly was the wrong emphasis. She never once visited the Lehigh Valley, erstwhile home to Bethlehem Steel, Kraft, and other now-defunct manufacturing plants. To place her in context, candidates who DID so campaign included Obama, Kerry, Gore, McCain, and even JFK in 1960. Team Clinton sent Kaine, but he wasn't the draw that Hillary would have been.

by Anonymousreply 232November 23, 2016 8:03 PM

r225, DWTS will be calling Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 233November 23, 2016 8:24 PM

The odd thing about that is Hillary used to spend summers in the Poconos so it should have been home ground for her.

by Anonymousreply 234November 23, 2016 9:35 PM

Robby Mook is sleeping with the fishes.

by Anonymousreply 235November 23, 2016 11:56 PM

Robby Mook has undergone the gender reassignment surgery, changed his name to Clarita Gutierrez and moved to Paraguay

by Anonymousreply 236November 24, 2016 12:01 AM

They deed nod move, R236.

by Anonymousreply 237November 24, 2016 12:06 AM

Robby Mook is on a cloud somewhere playing pinochle with Seth Rich and Vince Foster.

And James Comey will join them any day now. Deal him in, boys!

by Anonymousreply 238November 24, 2016 12:28 AM

Mook if you are reading this, fuck what they say. Some things are beyond your control. GAY POWER STAND UP.

by Anonymousreply 239November 24, 2016 12:33 AM

This thread is too young to die.

by Anonymousreply 240November 24, 2016 4:05 AM

Several insane gay NYc Hillbots are literally pulling their hair out over this thread. Literally!

by Anonymousreply 241November 24, 2016 4:25 AM

Robby Moob is more like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 24, 2016 5:26 AM

How does he cope knowing that his smug, data-driven ineptness literally changed the course of the world for the worse? Would probably be merciful for Hillary to Vince Foster him.

by Anonymousreply 243November 24, 2016 1:42 PM

Hard to believe there would be an even worse gay man than Peter Thiel revealed this election season.

by Anonymousreply 244November 24, 2016 1:44 PM

R227 ya that's why they treated Trump on the same level as Clinton. For him if he managed to keep it together for 5 second he won the debates. There was a huge double standard in the coverage of Trump and Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 245November 24, 2016 1:49 PM

Of course, the media, like many Americans inpulsely disliked Hillary. Most voters said Trump was unfit to be president, yet many of These same voters voted for Trump. So many people despised Hillary it became a liability to her election

by Anonymousreply 246November 24, 2016 2:20 PM

In addition to Hillary, another big loser on November 8th was that former Miss Venezuela. I'm sure she was going to use Hillary's victory to extend her 15 minutes of fame.

by Anonymousreply 247November 24, 2016 2:28 PM

Journalists donated $381,814 to Hillary's campaign, and they donated $14,373 to Trump's campaign. This shows a CLEAR media bias in favour of Trump!!

[quote]Journalists shower Hillary Clinton with campaign cash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 24, 2016 2:29 PM

I think I would have a hard time restraining myself from yelling at Mr. Mook if I saw him. More than anyone else in the country, he is responsible for the unthinkable, because he truly ran a terrible, horrible, miserable campaign.

by Anonymousreply 249November 24, 2016 2:33 PM

'She never once visited the Lehigh Valley, erstwhile home to Bethlehem Steel, Kraft, and other now-defunct manufacturing plants. To place her in context, candidates who DID so campaign included Obama, Kerry, Gore, McCain, and even JFK in 1960. Team Clinton sent Kaine, but he wasn't the draw that Hillary would have been."

BECAUSE Hillary had ABSOLUTELY nothing to tell them other than Trump is not politically correct. To her credit she knew that - whether or not you agree with Trump's many positions you at least knew what the fuck they were - what were her positions?

And before some politically-hurt moron starts listing all of her obtuse triangulating schemes nobody in Bethlehem knew before election day well that is what mattered and she blew it. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 250November 24, 2016 2:33 PM

Can Chelsea and Ivanka resume their friendship now? Could you, if you were Chelsea?

by Anonymousreply 251November 24, 2016 2:42 PM

R248 sure journalists did but the men who own the big new organizations are all white republican men.

by Anonymousreply 252November 24, 2016 3:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253November 24, 2016 3:25 PM

Hillary thought having some nerd like me would help her win this time. Except this hack wasn't like me.

by Anonymousreply 254November 24, 2016 3:27 PM

[quote] ya that's why they treated Trump on the same level as Clinton. For him if he managed to keep it together for 5 second he won the debates.

Want to know one of the reasons for that??? See the Podesta email about the DNC "Pied Piper" plan. It was to "get the media" to focus on the most right wing Republican candidates (Trump was named specifically) in order to force mainstream Republican candidates more to the the right because....according to the email...it would be easier for Hillary to defeat a Republican who leaned right.

Before you start hurling accusations check out the email for yourself. I think it was dated March 15 2015.

Hey, Hillary, Mook, Podesta, and DNC, how'd that work out for you?

by Anonymousreply 255November 24, 2016 3:28 PM

Ron Kessler is very biased and has been repeating the same Clinton stories for years, but one he first shared in the mid-90s was how childish the Clintons' endeavors tended to be. This Mook kid sounded like more of the same

by Anonymousreply 256November 24, 2016 3:34 PM

R255 the leaked Pied Piper strategy is listed here at number 8:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257November 24, 2016 3:41 PM

Podesta is creepy-wizened.

by Anonymousreply 258November 24, 2016 4:22 PM

She really didnt thank Mook? Yes Bill should've been listened to. Ultimately it came down to 15mos of NYTimes calling Hillary a Felon 3x@day and 7 stories on Trumps insults in the primaries as jokes... Millions in free advertising that ignored Trumps Pathological lying, needy Narcissism, utter stupidity on the issues. He NEVER had a policy, but he sure could project his darkest secrets and failings on others - like we see now.

Still she had conservative women announcing left and right for her - the Bushes, Whitman. There were plenty of conservative or GOP women voting for her, with great respect, until Comey and NYC FBI Clinton Conspiracy squad blackmailed ramped up. Yes, there was bizarre emphasis on "data" and it didnt look like the right thing to me.

Hillary had her policy's cold, WON EVERY DEBATE and I disagree in part about the mos off - SHE WAS BUILDING A PARTY for heavens sake - that means downstream ballots and dough for campaigns needed. To ignore that is to disregard HRC at her CORE - working for others advancement. Besides Trump the flaming asshat was in full mode. I thought the same thing - let him go on!!

Hillary lived a life of exemplary service. She gave a voice to every broken hearted Mother, every unemployed Father, every older woman fucked by her employer, every family of 4 refugees trying not to die in Syria, every Climate Scientist that despite the heartbreaking news gets up every day and heads in to crunch the numbers, every minority student that digs into the xeroxed school texts cause they cant afford the book rent, every guy that is trying to raise his kids on 3 jobs. That is precisely what has hit her so hard - she feels she let us all down - women, little girls, Fathers, high school grads that will never get that trades job now, Mothers of the Movement, LGBT. We never HAD A VOICE LIKE HERS BEFORE - another TRUE champion like POTUS.

It turns out America is the not the country we thought it was... my family for sure. All the financially struggling relatives my gay money has pulled through crisis - and they voted for a Racist, Xenophobic, Mentally ill thief. America, seems I hardly know ya.

by Anonymousreply 259November 24, 2016 5:17 PM

R259 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 24, 2016 5:25 PM

R259 has a meltdown:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 24, 2016 5:25 PM

Comey and the NYS FBI, I hope, go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 262November 24, 2016 5:30 PM

R260 - How I roll. R261 - Putins bootlick

by Anonymousreply 263November 24, 2016 5:32 PM

Hillary would not have flipped one state if the November surprise hadn't happened. She simply failed to understand the pulse of the country. And the die had already been cast when she chose to put her faith in Robby Mook whose data and algorithms proved to be nothing more than magic beans.

by Anonymousreply 264November 24, 2016 5:34 PM

Didn't Robby report to Podesta?

by Anonymousreply 265November 24, 2016 6:17 PM

Why didn't Hillary hire Carville, one half of the team that got Bill elected?

by Anonymousreply 266November 24, 2016 6:19 PM

Can you picture Comey having Thanksgiving dinner today with angry family members who supported Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 267November 24, 2016 6:22 PM

No but i can imagine myself putting rat poison in his sweet tea.

by Anonymousreply 268November 24, 2016 6:38 PM

[quote]Why didn't Hillary hire Carville, one half of the team that got Bill elected?

Because Hillary is an icy technocrat and she hired exactly the type of icy technocrat who appealed to her sensibility.

by Anonymousreply 269November 25, 2016 1:01 PM

I heard instead of running her campaign he was taking load after AIDS infest load up his ass. I hate that

by Anonymousreply 270November 25, 2016 1:33 PM

Liberals always wanna feel smarter than everyone else and be validated wrongly believing politics is formed by knowing different facts

by Anonymousreply 271November 25, 2016 7:03 PM

Hillary ruined everything.

Mook was just her employee.

by Anonymousreply 272November 25, 2016 7:04 PM

No r251, I hold grudges.

by Anonymousreply 273November 25, 2016 7:07 PM

Guys, I'm worried about Robby.

by Anonymousreply 274November 25, 2016 7:08 PM

Remember how in the Smurfs, Brainy Smurf had an idea and it ended up ruining everything and he would get kicked out of the village?

Same thing needs to happen here.

by Anonymousreply 275November 25, 2016 7:14 PM

[quote]She gave a voice to every broken hearted Mother, every unemployed Father, every older woman fucked by her employer,

R259 I hoped for her like everybody but your post is the most ridiculous, revisionist fantasy I've ever read.

Call Andrew Lloyd Webber, he just might write the score.

by Anonymousreply 276November 26, 2016 12:01 AM

He still is hiding

by Anonymousreply 277November 26, 2016 1:59 PM

I hate this mutha fucker

by Anonymousreply 278November 26, 2016 2:04 PM

R276 this is "revisionist?" If you are a white person I can believe you said this. Here, Im going to clarify this for you least you think this Is some sort of code:

"Hillary lived a life of exemplary service. She gave a voice to every broken hearted Mother (MOTHER OF THE MOVEMENT), every unemployed Father (OR FATHER WORKING MULTIPLE MIN WAGE JOBS), every older woman fucked by her employer (WHY HILLARY EMPHASIZED OLDER WOMEN LIVING IN POVERTY), every family of 4 refugees trying not to die in Syria (TRUTH - AND LGBT PEOPLE ARE A LARGE NUMBER OF IMMIGRANTS), every Climate Scientist (SEE HER LENGTHY CLIMATE CHANGE POLICY) that despite the heartbreaking news gets up every day and heads in to crunch the numbers (ESP SINCE NOW DON IS CLOSING THE EARTH ISTITUTE AT NASA AND SABOUTAGING THE EPA), every minority student that digs into the xeroxed school texts cause they cant afford the book rent (SADLY A PRETTY REGULAR PRACTICE FOR STRUGGLING STUDENTS) , every guy that is trying to raise his kids on 3 jobs. That is precisely what has hit her so hard - she feels she let us all down - women, little girls, Fathers, high school grads that will never get that trades job now, Mothers of the Movement, LGBT. We never HAD A VOICE LIKE HERS BEFORE - another TRUE champion like POTUS."

Got it? I am just more eloquent than you.

by Anonymousreply 279November 26, 2016 2:36 PM

Well, you're certainly much more long winded and your self awareness is interesting, too.

by Anonymousreply 280November 26, 2016 2:50 PM

[quote] If you are a white person I can believe you said this.

And racist.

by Anonymousreply 281November 26, 2016 2:50 PM

I'd like to blame Mook. But ultimately, it was Hillary who put a gay Millenial with expertise in turning out the Latino vote in charge of a campaign they decided to run out of Brooklyn, the capital of Hipsterdom. Even in 2000, Gore moved his campaign HQ to Tennessee to keep his people in touch with the pulse instead of running it out of DC as it originally was. I can't imagine anyone in that headquarters with power having any idea how poorly Hillary's actions were going over in the Rust Belt. Those people are hurting. They saw no specific plans from either candidate which is why the one who made them feel better about their future got their vote. And don't get me started about all the public appearances Hillary was making with "dreamers" in order to appeal to Latinos. Or the amount of times she talked about the type of country we want to be while being inclusive about Muslims to the point she advocated for resettling thousands of Syrian refugees in the U.S. despite the fact that a few terrorists would get in as well. This was Obama's position too but he's got the job--Im sure if the issue came up during the campaign he would have ignored it or reframed it. For those of us following the shitshow in Germany, and believe me, the right has been covering this better than the mainstream press, they wanted comfort it wouldn't happen here. I doubt Germany was on anyone at Hillary HQ's radar. I think the Khan family even hurt Hillary--and that was a gimme issue for her that supposedly made Trump look bad. The Khans went on an all out publicity tour for Hillary and for an "us vs. them" election, it only helped reinforce the idea that she was out of touch (although that was largely out of their control--I think it was a nice moment at the convention and it only blew up because of Trump's response).

Hillary never figured out how to package herself. At one point they brought in Spielberg and some experts to figure out how she should speak in public. Eventually she got fed up and said, fuck it, I am who I am. Whereas if you look at what Thatcher did, she perfected the vocal tone of a world leader through practice and broke her country's glass ceiling 30 years ago.

And Mook gave up on this as well. In his own words, he said "The American people are going to need to see her as President" before they like and appreciate her strengths. It doesn't work like that. Guess he knows that now.

by Anonymousreply 282November 26, 2016 6:16 PM

[quote] At one point they brought in Spielberg and some experts to figure out how she should speak in public. Eventually she got fed up and said, fuck it

And there you have it. An overwhelming sense that she is always right and need listen to no one.

Thanks for that bit about Spielberg, R282. I hadn't heard that. It reminded me that when he was in office Eisenhower was really the first President to use Television to communicate with the population. Actor Robert Montgomery coached him as so as to make his TV and radio appearances better.

Interesting picture of Montgomery writing a message to Ike during one of his speeches telling him to speed up as the President was speaking too slowly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283November 26, 2016 7:16 PM

18 days and counting since the Hillary beatdown.

Robby's worried friends are searching for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284November 26, 2016 7:41 PM

Don't get me wrong, there is blame to go around. But people are really underestimating the fluke factor. trump won each one of those swing states by VERY slim margins. And it looks like the cunt, Jill stein, had a very important spoiler impact particularly in Michigan and Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 285November 26, 2016 8:26 PM

Trump was right about one thing; Hillary was the most low energy candidate in modern history

by Anonymousreply 286November 26, 2016 8:34 PM

Talented or not, I still want to eat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 287November 26, 2016 9:22 PM

Dont be gross man

by Anonymousreply 288November 26, 2016 9:27 PM

It's not PC but does anyone suspect that the reason Hillary chose these effete wimps like Robby Mook (and Kaine) was because she wanted a beta male she could dominate?

by Anonymousreply 289November 26, 2016 10:39 PM

no, I think she decided the young kids knew what those computer things could do to win the election so she left them to it. In their world, with their frame of reference, context and life/political experience they thought they had it right. And based on the popular vote they partly did. She misjudged. Big time.

One thing that I could never reconcile was how a bright woman like HC could be so woefully ignorant about even basic technology.

by Anonymousreply 290November 26, 2016 11:51 PM

r266, Because it was of the utmost importance to HRC to win this on her own. THAT is why Bill's advice was ignored.

by Anonymousreply 291November 27, 2016 12:01 AM

r290, You forgot Kaine.

Yes, HRC wanted Beta males. Were it her choice, maybe she would have been as Queen Elizabeth I.

by Anonymousreply 292November 27, 2016 12:03 AM

Funny how quickly one forgets Kaine.

by Anonymousreply 293November 27, 2016 12:10 AM

It wasn't Mook's fault. Hillary lost because it wasn't a year for being sensible and cautious. The country wanted to burn this MF down. See Trumpsters and Bernie bros.

Just read the essays in places like the Atlantic over the past year. One guy was a reporter who wanted to vote for Trump because he thought it would give him less boring stories to cover than if Hillary won. Another guy also mentioned the boring factor and how Trump winning would just be something batshit crazy and interesting everyday.

Some people just wanted vengeance on the career politicians , the experts and the elites and thought a vote for Trump would just be the biggest fuck you they could give.

For those people, every evidence of Hillary's sanity was a nail in her presidential hopes coffin.

by Anonymousreply 294November 27, 2016 12:38 AM

Hillary "ignorant of the most basic techonology?" WTF are you talking about?

She didnt have a degree in Computer science - Bill left the White House and needed a PRIVATE internet service - the most sophisticated and secure a former Pres could obtain. He didnt have to build the damn thing. Hillary ASKED Powell and Rice what they did - they all had Private servers. She asked State/FBI?/CIA? For a secure Blackberry - they told her no, only for Potus - eh OK well ill use what you give me and keep my own for my private stuff. She did NOTHING WRONG.

IF someone knew otherwise they should have instructed her. She was a new SOS, she was dealing with very SENIOR STAFF with DECADES OF SERVICE for heavens sake. Pretty much what she had was a SD policy manual that instructed when you replaced a personal Comm device it was to be destroyed- it suggested a hammer. When she replaced her issued device she instructed her aid to destroy it - He forgot.

Then the Bogus BS witchunt of Benghazi. The device was mentioned she thought it had been destroyed as per HER INSTRUCTIONS. The Aid in a panic went home and destroyed it then.... She didnt delete emails, unbekownst to her the aid finally did what he was supposed. To.

For FUCK SAKE it was not her job to be IT, she was working on Nuclear Treaties, Climate Change, AID, Trade Agreements, Arab Springs, Dissidents, GET. A.CLUE.

by Anonymousreply 295November 27, 2016 5:15 AM

The media knows they were a huge factor that's why they looked so shell shocked on election night. The emails were painted to be the worst sin since watergate. Meanwhile, actually fake news was poppin up on social media, and trump used social media like a nazi propaganda tool. Hillary made some grave mistakes but as we were constantly reminded, voting 3rd party or not voting actually has consequences. If not for Comey and our false equivalency media, hill will would have kept Pennsylvania and Michigan. Hillary would be our 45th president.

by Anonymousreply 296November 27, 2016 8:00 AM

r289, I think you are right. Hillary is a nutcracker and wouldn't tolerate any strong men whom she couldn't dominate in a positionship of leadership. It explains why she chose such weak men as Mook and Kaine.

by Anonymousreply 297November 27, 2016 9:46 AM

Kaine barely won Virginia for Hillary, thought to be a lock. He will now enter into popular culture obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 298November 27, 2016 10:10 AM

[quote]CAUGHT! Hillary Rally in Pittsburgh, PA Faking Crowd!

[quote]At a Hillary Rally in Pittsburgh, PA people were strategically placed in bleachers and along sidelines to give the appearance of a bigger crowd and were encouraged to cheer louder. Surge in Hillary's Polls? More like Hollywood stage craft performed on a set.

[quote]how do people pay millions for her speeches when she cant even get people to show up at her rallies? Oh yeah, because it's a money laundering scheme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299November 27, 2016 10:15 AM

Kaine needs to rethink running for reelection in 2018. He seems weak

by Anonymousreply 300November 27, 2016 1:39 PM

I think one of the reasons had so few public rallies and events is because they were afraid of the meme that she could not attract a crowd. The visuals from tiny sparse rallies is devastating. They calculated that it would be better for the media and public to think she is lazy than that she can't can't get people to come to her rallies

by Anonymousreply 301November 27, 2016 1:41 PM

Saddd

by Anonymousreply 302November 27, 2016 3:18 PM

Oh Hilary ALWAYS surrounded herself - or Bill- with asexual, lifeless men - remember Harold M Ickes?

by Anonymousreply 303November 27, 2016 3:39 PM

R283 sums it all p; great observation.

by Anonymousreply 304November 27, 2016 3:40 PM

An interesting bit about Eisenhower and actor Robert Montgomery coaching him on public appearances and speeches:

[quote] In 1952 Montgomery assisted Dwight D. Eisenhower in his Presidential campaign by coaching Eisenhower on his public appearances and speeches. Under Montgomery's careful attention, Ike became one of the most relaxed and confident speakers, especially during television debates. When Eisenhower was elected President he appointed Montgomery "special consultant on TV and public communications." When Richard Nixon lost the 1960 Presidential election to John F. Kennedy, Eisenhower, who had offered Nixon the services of Montgomery and been turned down, said "(Montgomery) never would have let him look as he did in that first television debate..."

by Anonymousreply 305November 27, 2016 5:14 PM

r296, Don't buy the Establishment line, here and in Europe, that only the MSM tells the truth!! Bwahahaha!

"Fake news" is the new propaganda term in order to get us to accept a crackdown on Social Media, but in reality prevarication is the bread-and-butter of profit-driven, just-hand-us-the -govt-PR-sheet, media! And of course the MSM, being the beneficiary in this Free Speech and Press battle, will plant the words "fake news" EVERYWHERE in the coming months.

by Anonymousreply 306November 27, 2016 5:26 PM

Calm down, R295. If you can. God, you Hillbots make it hard for a sane Democrat to hold a conversation. Isn't there some HRC/Huma fanfic site you can where you can have your vapours?

"While heading the State Department, Clinton repeatedly asked her right-hand aide Huma Abedin for assistance working a secure fax machine, according to records released by the agency. Clinton also balked at agency guidance that she use a government-issued personal computer in her Foggy Bottom office, with aide Cheryl Mills explaining that the secretary was “not adept” at using a desktop computer to check messages, according to one official’s later deposition."

I don't care what she was doing, it is inexcusable and quite pathetic at any time after 2000 to not be "adept" at using a desktop.

Hillary Clinton was ignorant about basic technology. Apparently so are you, since the proof isn't hard to Google. At least now HRC has plenty of time to learn. Can't speak for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307November 27, 2016 5:57 PM

"I think one of the reasons had so few public rallies and events is because they were afraid of the meme that she could not attract a crowd. The visuals from tiny sparse rallies is devastating."

I agree, but she didn't *have* to do rallies. Walk into a diner with the media trailing you. Walk into a factory with the media trailing you. Walk into a church with the media trailing you. Hell, just walk down the street in a rust belt town. Anything that appeared to be natural and spontaneous would have been great. But she just wouldn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 308November 27, 2016 6:10 PM

[quote] she didn't *have* to do rallies. Walk into a diner......... Walk into a factory....... Walk into a church ..........Hell, just walk down the street in a rust belt town.

One problem with that. The media would be getting great film of her face splatting. Which is why she had to travel to her "rallies" in a disguised black ambulance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 27, 2016 6:59 PM

R307 Wow, if you only knew who you were dealing with you little fucking troll.

by Anonymousreply 310November 27, 2016 8:25 PM

People are really forgetting Hillary received 2 million + more votes than Donald cunt. What happen was the overwhelming support among whites was off in the polls coupled with lack of voter enthusiasm. I knew this would happen, that's why I didn't want her to run. I still love you Hill. White people dictate elections because of population distribution.

by Anonymousreply 311November 28, 2016 3:43 AM

I suspect R310 played a big role in losing a race Hillary should have won in a walk.

by Anonymousreply 312November 28, 2016 4:44 AM

People like R311 forget that we have fifty popular votes to select a President, not one big one. Trump won thirty popular votes to Hillary's twenty. The voters are only voting to decide how their state electors will vote in the Electoral College. Presidents are not elected by a simple majority of voters and never have been.

by Anonymousreply 313November 28, 2016 4:59 AM

r313, I know this. The system is fucked up. Die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 314November 28, 2016 2:53 PM

All we'd get with Hillary is a third Obama term, and that's not appealing to most Americans.

by Anonymousreply 315November 28, 2016 3:01 PM

r315, Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316November 28, 2016 3:27 PM

Here's Robby with Kellyanne at a recent Harvard Political Forum. Notice how good he looks now.

He clearly hasn't suffered enough yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317December 2, 2016 9:37 PM

R315, it will be after Trump gets through fucking them over for the next 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 318December 2, 2016 9:43 PM

Mook should be embarrassed. He lost to Trump

by Anonymousreply 319December 2, 2016 9:49 PM

Why should Mook be embarrassed? Hillary is the political veteran who picked him.

by Anonymousreply 320December 2, 2016 9:52 PM

She's had Botox and colored her hair.

by Anonymousreply 321December 2, 2016 10:04 PM

Why should he be embarrassed??! He blew the easiest Presidential victory in the history of the United States. He should be a lot more than embarrassed. In many other countries he'd be dead by honor suicide by now.

by Anonymousreply 322December 2, 2016 10:08 PM

The buck stops with Hillary. She picked Mook and Kaine.

by Anonymousreply 323December 2, 2016 10:11 PM

But he IS pretty. Especially for Washington D.C political establishment people.

So we forgive him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 2, 2016 10:16 PM

Not remotely attractive. Get out more.

by Anonymousreply 325December 2, 2016 10:31 PM

Hillary should be embarrassed most, but Mook's strategy was whack

by Anonymousreply 326December 3, 2016 2:43 AM

Comey and his merry little band of rogue, GOP Prick NYC FBI agents did this, not Mook.

by Anonymousreply 327December 3, 2016 3:47 AM

Hillary and Mook were arrogant and stupid campaigners

by Anonymousreply 328December 3, 2016 4:35 AM

He looks cute sitting next to DustyAnn at the Harvard thing

by Anonymousreply 329December 4, 2016 1:37 PM

Alphas should run campaigns. KellyAnn, CoreyL, and Bannon are ruthless fast talkers who are relentless and aggressive

by Anonymousreply 330December 4, 2016 1:42 PM

R330 is right. Robby is practically a spectrum-case. Hills might as well have Barron Trump run the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 331December 4, 2016 2:30 PM

KellyAnne (what is her DL invective?) is still so snide and condescending every time she opens her mouth. They won. Why can't she be gracious in victory? Such a despicable person. Clearly a sign of abuse and/or trauma in her personal life.

by Anonymousreply 332December 4, 2016 2:35 PM

Focusing the campaign on praising, enabling, and making promises to illegal immigrants and their profiteers, just went over so, so dandy?

That just got her so many working class, most white, voters. Gezz

by Anonymousreply 333December 4, 2016 3:14 PM

Yeah kuntyanne is still talking like the campaign is still on. Gurl please go sit your grim reaper looking ass down.

by Anonymousreply 334December 4, 2016 3:22 PM

2 million + votes more than Donald Trump, and she still ain't gonna be president.

by Anonymousreply 335December 8, 2016 3:58 AM

"Data don't vote."--young black Democratic official in Michigan

by Anonymousreply 336January 15, 2017 10:57 PM

He has been working hard on his upper body; pecs looking good.

by Anonymousreply 337June 21, 2018 3:22 PM

Mook ruined everything? Oh please that's so facile.

by Anonymousreply 338June 21, 2018 3:24 PM

He's a top.

by Anonymousreply 339June 21, 2018 3:40 PM

How do you know that?

by Anonymousreply 340June 21, 2018 5:00 PM

Pic, R337?

by Anonymousreply 341June 21, 2018 5:36 PM

How severely did Hillary berate Robby on election night?

by Anonymousreply 342June 21, 2018 6:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!