Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

US hackers protecting voting systems believe Russia hacked vote tallies

(According to source close to lead DNC researcher on Trump/Putin.)

It was yugely rigged, believe me. The fraud was tremendous!

(text inside)

by Anonymousreply 60012/03/2016

Regardless of Hillary Clinton’s concession, a close analysis must be done of the actual voting results (machine tabulations and paper ballots cast) versus the vote reporting (to the board of elections and Secretary of State offices). Some important facts collectively warrant this: 1) Russians have heavily influenced this election for the past six months and have successfully hacked into the election systems of more than half the states in the country; 2) Major public polls and the Clinton campaign's internal polls were historically off the mark, and in the campaign's case, didn't match the voter file records, which is unheard of to this level. This is especially odd considering that Clinton's campaign manager Robby Mook is one the most brilliant in politics when it comes to micro-targeting and voter analysis. Even GOP strategist and pollster Frank Luntz called the 2016 exit polls “the worst and least accurate we’ve ever seen,” in a Tweet sent on election night.

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2016

3) Homeland Security/DOJ teamed up with a group that is part of Anonymous based in Washington, D.C. called “The Protectors.” This group saw a lot of activity during Election Day from the Russians and believe that the voting results projected don’t match the internal and public polls because the voting results were manufactured in favor of Trump in heavily Republican counties in key states, and voting results may have been decreased for Clinton in key Democratic counties via malware that was placed by the Russians when they hacked the election systems of more than half our states. 4) Trump/Manafort set-up the “rigged election” narrative months ago preparing for exactly this scenario. This is straight out of Manafort’s playbook, and Putin’s, too — accuse the other side of doing what you’re doing so that you cannot be accused of doing it. There is no short supply of examples of this: Putin regularly accuses the US of meddling in Russia’s affairs when he annexed Crimea, invaded east Ukraine, and holds sham elections in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2016

5) Kellyanne Conway, an expert conservative pollster, was selected as Trump’s campaign manager when Paul Manafort took too much heat about his Russian’s connections and “resigned” (though he has likely continued to be involved behind the scenes and continues to have a residence in Trump Towers), and Conway helped lead messaging that polls were all wrong and that Trump has “shadow supporters,” a term that mainstream journalists echoed as the election results began to favor Trump. 6) Paul Manafort, who has heavy ties to the Kremlin, is being federally investigated for his work in Ukraine, was virtually silent since resigning from Trump’s campaign a few months ago, but sent his first tweet since resigning last week saying that by the Sunday before the election Trump would have the 270 votes needed to win (despite internal and public polls saying otherwise).

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2016

"Something seems very off and needs to be closely examined. Homeland Security/DOJ should be able to verify this, even though Clinton conceded."

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2016

'1) Russians have heavily influenced this election for the past six months and have successfully hacked into the election systems of more than half the states in the country'

honest question how do they know this?

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2016

There will have to be more information on this before it becomes viable. It's just too amorphous to be believed right now.

Something like this would explain why the vote counting took so long in Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2016

I have been fucking telling you this every goddamn day.

WE SAW IT HAPPEN ON TELEVISION - we all saw it. It was right in front of us.

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2016

I bet Wolf Blitzer is just waiting to report on vote riggin once they have enough evidence. Another thing that was odd, was that the not so humble Trump campaign,admitted to being shocked at his win. Also Trump saying the election is rigged, may have been to throw people off after the election.

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2016

Agreed R6, but something needs to break in the news ASAP -- I don't think the government can investigate until the public has some knowledge of it. I mean, they can, but it'll look like sour grapes if they just do this on their own based on intuition.

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2016

We've never needed another Woodward and Bernstein more than right now.

by Anonymousreply 1011/11/2016

If they find out it's been rigged, they won't report it.

It would undermine the trust in the election process. But it would explain why Trump kept saying the system is rigged every chance he got. Because it forced the Democrats to push back and say no, it's not rigged. So that they couldn't question the results when they came in.

by Anonymousreply 1111/11/2016

What's the harm in looking into it?

As soon as Trump kept saying it was rigged, I saw that as a russianesque maneuver to set up a hacking and posted that here on DL.

Let me see if I can find it.

by Anonymousreply 1211/11/2016

He said it was "rigged" because Putin told him he'd rig it. Trump's accusations are always projections of what he is actually doing himself.

He was told to NOT agree to abide by the results of the election so that WE would go off on him about it, making it more difficult for us to reject the fixed election results later.

It was all planned. Nothing was coincidental in any way.

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2016

There was something fishy about this entire election cycle, and I think everyone knows it and feels it. Watching those returns was like getting punched in the gut, slowly, over and over. It went well beyond losing a normal election.

We need more concrete information about what happened. Someone needs to investigate. But the press is more ineffectual than ever - even when they do good reporting and investigating, people ignore it. Half the FBI seems to be in Trump's pocket.

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2016

I don't care how long it takes. I don't care how much it costs.

We need a coalition of investigative reporters, ex-cops who aren't in Giuliani's pocket, computer hackers and so on, to go after this story and keep going after it until we have enough to remove Trump and Pence.

If we can't remove them, we can at least CRIPPLE those bastards so that they can't do a goddamn thing.

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2016

They must not have been sure it could BE rigged, because they really didn't have a plan in place for a Trump win. Neither side did. Everyone looks completely taken aback by this turn of events.

Which would actually be a much easier sell to the American public, now that I think about it.

What happened to Anonymous, who was going to monitor the election? We haven't heard from them have we?

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2016

Putin probably had them killed, R16. This isn't Trumpland, it's Putinland now.

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2016

Alexandra Chalupa needs to bring all of this out in a foreign interview - BBC or something - because the US won't report it themselves. It's too explosive. Once a foreign news agency gets the word out, then the US can pick it up without looking like they're just sour grapes.

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2016

Ah, Anonymous was pro-Trump, that's why we haven't heard anything. Except this story about how someone on 4chan's pol board said they would DDoS Clinton phone banks and then apparently did it:

[quote]On Sunday night, a post 4chan’s /pol/ board declared that it would perform a denial-of-service attack on any tools used by the Clinton campaign using a Mirai botnet code. This was not the first time 4chan had intervened in the campaign to help Trump and hurt Clinton, most notably in October when a 4channer used the password to John Podesta’s iPhone (as published by WikiLeaks) to locate and remotely wipe the device.

[quote]That Sunday night, a Utah-based phone bank service known as TCN was overwhelmed with malicious internet traffic, overwhelming its servers to the point that they were compelled to take its web-based software offline for much of Monday. Because this is a day when campaigns make get-out-the-vote phone calls, the DDOS attack slowed down the ability of any impacted campaign to use its phone banking materials.

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2016

So... is this a way for us to contest the results? Us as in citizens? The news has reported hacking influence and we know the FBI was involved, is there any sort of process a group of us can go through now?

I don't mean any online petition, I mean actual legal relief and a demand for a re-vote, recount, mitigation of the hacking affects, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2016

Someone needs to find solid proof for this before the electoral college votes.

by Anonymousreply 2111/11/2016

Anonymous is pro-Trump? ...why?

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2016

Wait and watch, R20, see who and what emerges.

I'd look to Larry Tribe and other big Democratic lawyers to file if there's a way to do it.

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2016

Since anyone can call themselves Anonymous, it's probably hard to pin a unified ideology on them...but I imagine a lot of Anonymous folks are, like Assange, anarchists who are more "anti-Clinton" than "pro-Trump." In practice, it amounts to the same thing, of course.

by Anonymousreply 2411/11/2016

And if it was hacked, then I'm sure it didn't just effect the Presidential vote but all the down ballot ones too...

So if it was hacked and the real results come out it could totally change the political landscape

by Anonymousreply 2511/11/2016

R16 is a GENIUS.

Other countries are going to have to pick this up first.

BBC is a good place to start.

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2016

The problem with hacking is that there probably aren't any "real results" anymore. Raw data has surely been wiped or destroyed, otherwise it wouldn't be a very successful hacking.

Thanks for the name, R23. This is giving me something to think about.

by Anonymousreply 2711/11/2016

We went though this with Bush II in 2000 and 2004, the exit polls were off and "experts were all over the internet saying that they didn't matter, despite the fact that exit polls had detected fraud since 1948.

Voting in many states is unverifiable.

This has been a fact.

Unless voters turn out in massive numbers as in Obama's elections, there is no way to counteract the machine thefts.

The Congress and senate votes are likely stolen as well.

by Anonymousreply 2811/11/2016

We had THAT MANY tech types that HATED Hillary... I'd be surprised if they did not hack her.

by Anonymousreply 2911/11/2016

Anyone have the name of a particular BBC reporter who is known for investigative journalism?

by Anonymousreply 3011/11/2016

I would think that any citizen has standing to sue at least their local municipality if they have some kind of evidence that could suggest hacking.

Enough small pieces of evidence could add up but it would be nice to find a smoking gun.

At the very least, it needs to be investigated.

ELECTION NIGHT WAS REALLY STRANGE!

by Anonymousreply 3111/11/2016

r30 The one with the hat? He just did a piece on Democracy Now about voter suppression. I'll look him up

by Anonymousreply 3211/11/2016

I need to see the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 3311/11/2016

r30 Greg Palast?

by Anonymousreply 3411/11/2016

It doesn't explain why he looks so surprised that he won. Maybe it's a lot of us projecting but many have remarked on how stunned he seemed.

by Anonymousreply 3511/11/2016

It took a couple of days for the shock to wear off but now people are putting it all together.

Russia has wanted revenge on us for a long time. Do y'all think he finally got it?

by Anonymousreply 3611/11/2016

It would take YEARS to get a conviction on election fraud. By that time Trump would be in his second mandate.

by Anonymousreply 3711/11/2016

We all do, R33.

Weird to say, but I wish I lived somewhere I thought had some hacking or fraud issues, but we actually had a larger turnout for Clinton than expected -- it's Kansas and it was almost 50/50 here in my county. Yes, the middle of Kansas voted for Clinton in the same percentages as Pennsylvania as a whole. That's odd.

by Anonymousreply 3811/11/2016

Here's the report from Palast

by Anonymousreply 3911/11/2016

I was just reading Palast. He is all over this, especially the enormous amount of Democrats denied the ability to vote because of the voter ID laws (thanks, SCOTUS).

by Anonymousreply 4011/11/2016

They started with voter registrations. Look:

by Anonymousreply 4111/11/2016

HOLY SHIT R41

by Anonymousreply 4211/11/2016

Oh I believe this. The louder Trump cried about rigging, the more convinced I was he was doing the rigging.

It's like his calling people liars or adulterers to deflect from his lying and adultering (is that even a word?)

by Anonymousreply 4311/11/2016

Ohio is one place to look. They had the most suspect claim of all, that they weren't connected to the internet. Not believable.

by Anonymousreply 4411/11/2016

On Andrea Chalupa's twitter, there is someone called Not Agent Smith who is looking at the actual counts of areas and it was brought to his attention by his friend- friend thinks the counts look suspiciously off.

by Anonymousreply 4511/11/2016

What the fucking fuck? I was following the election and didn't hear anything about what I'm reading at R41, just little dribs and drabs if I remember right...

And with more examples of hacking later, no one has followed up on this? No media outlet cares to look into it?

This is legit scary.

by Anonymousreply 4611/11/2016

Trump said a bunch of vile and bigoted things, then turned around and said that Hillary is a bigot. This is along the same lines-he's having the election rigged, but says Hillary is rigging it. The Minnesota results were super slow and super sketchy in particular.

by Anonymousreply 4711/11/2016

Why isn't this in the news?

by Anonymousreply 4811/11/2016

Well we have two months to launch a legal challenge to set aside the vote. Maybe Obama can stay an extra year until this gets sorted out.

by Anonymousreply 4911/11/2016

RECEIPTS!!

by Anonymousreply 5011/11/2016

The BBC or some outside news org. needs to pick this up because the US media won't touch it until they do.

by Anonymousreply 5111/11/2016

Thanks, R45. He sure is finding a lot of strange patterns -- round numbers, like exactly 10,000 votes for a Repub candidate, or exactly 4K more votes for a Repub than a Dem.

It's not receipts but it's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 5211/11/2016

R46 Me too. I missed this R41 as well. Hmm will the Dems have the cojones to follow up on this? Somehow I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 5311/11/2016

[quote]It doesn't explain why he looks so surprised that he won.

My own feeling is that if something happened, it came from the Russians. Trump didn't plan the hacks, he just benefited from them.

by Anonymousreply 5411/11/2016

We need brave dems and reporters to keep up on this.

by Anonymousreply 5511/11/2016

Total gangster tactic: help someone out so they're forced to do you a favor in return.

by Anonymousreply 5611/11/2016

Well, with those criteria R55, I guess we are well and truly fucked.

by Anonymousreply 5711/11/2016

Aww R54 you sweet thing you

by Anonymousreply 5811/11/2016

I sent a link of this thread to @Justin_Ling at Vice in Canada

People if you want to story to hit the headlines, go tweet Justin at his twitter handle to pressure him to do a story writeup on it

by Anonymousreply 5911/11/2016

We will expose them and there will be hell to fucking pay for this.

What do you think those tens of thousands of protesters in the streets are going to say/do about this? Freak.

His "inauguration" is looking sketchier all the time.

by Anonymousreply 6011/11/2016

Trump didn't but Manafort did. The rigged message was from the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 6111/11/2016

The Dems had such a chance in October to say, "Okay, Donald, we believe you, let's get a bipartisan/neutral party to look into the security measures to make sure it's all on the up-and-up."

But no, of course not.

by Anonymousreply 6211/11/2016

The case for the Trump/Putin connection has been made by several smaller news outlets and publications, as well as several political officials. This election was rigged from start to finish. I am not a conspiracist by nature, and I'm not yammering because we lost this election.

The case has been made many times that this entire election has been fishy, but most popular media outlets refused to report on anything other than Clinton's emails.

Even Comey's involvement in influencing the outcome of this election has been overlooked. He made his accusations 10 days prior to the elections and then backtracked 2 days prior to Election Day. There was nothing new in the emails. He never apologized for his role or explained why he brought up this issue. Comey and Giuliani are connected, and so are Giuliani and Trump. How is that not fishy?

Trump paid actors $50 to attend his press conference to announce his presidency. There are articles about Russian troll farms workin for Trump, paid by Putin. Former CIA and FBI officials have talked about Trump's connection to Putin.

Why is nobody listening, asking questions, and investigating those claims further? Trump has lied so many times, and nobody seems to care. Does the truth even matter to journalists in our country?

I voted in a rural area with quite a few old white guys who fit the description of the typical Trump voter. I was surprised to see the racial diversity when I arrived at the polling place. People did vote. Not everybody voted for Trump. I want to know, did my vote count?

by Anonymousreply 6311/11/2016

I'm telling you that it will come out that Manafort is totally behind this. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 6411/11/2016

And who's behind Manafort, stateside

by Anonymousreply 6511/11/2016

Trump was saying "rigged rigged rigged" all the time.

by Anonymousreply 6611/11/2016

Pass it around social media. We can use SJWs to our advantage.

by Anonymousreply 6711/11/2016

Andrew Coyne - former editor of Canada's National Post and columnist- picked up on Alexandra Chalupa's twitter but he hasn't commented yet. He's on a political news program in Canada called Power and Politics - maybe he'll bring it up when he appears.

by Anonymousreply 6811/11/2016

Petition to pressure the electoral college to vote in line with the popularly chosen candidate. Sign and express your contempt at the LOSER hater racist in-chief-elect. We cannot expect investigative journalists to save us. We have to resist this sham of an election with every tool possible.

by Anonymousreply 6911/11/2016

I imagine people are working on this story it's just...you need a smoking gun. Otherwise people will just say you're crazy and paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 7011/11/2016

So news has already reported that:

- Hillary's emails were hacked (we knew that a long time ago)

- Podesta's iPhone was hacked

- Clinton's phone bank had a DDoS

- Hackers targeted voter registration in almost half the states

What else has the news reported? Anyone remember? Now I feel like kind of an idiot for not paying more attention throughout October.

by Anonymousreply 7111/11/2016

Whatever happens is going to have to happen before the protests die down and people start accepting the results.

by Anonymousreply 7211/11/2016

supposedly Trump and his campaign were surprised by his win r54, so it may be

by Anonymousreply 7311/11/2016

oh sorry I skimmed through and missed the quoted part, so my comment is pretty unnecessary

by Anonymousreply 7411/11/2016

[quote]Everyone looks completely taken aback by this turn of events.

Well, duh! Otherwise everybody would ask them HOW they knew that the vote would go in their favor for sure (because they knew Putin would rig the election!).

Notice which media outlets report the "we've been caught by surprise!" narrative. It's an attempt for the Trump lot to claim innocence that they didn't know anything about voter fraud being committed.

And the electoral results are so narrow that they should be recounted anyway (even when class act Hillary Clinton conceded).

by Anonymousreply 7511/11/2016

Russian hackers have been attacking think tanks since the election.

by Anonymousreply 7611/11/2016

[quote]Well, duh! Otherwise everybody would ask them HOW they knew that the vote would go in their favor for sure (because they knew Putin would rig the election!).

Heh. I know, but these politicians aren't great actors. Trump and his team blabbed about the FBI investigation into Weiner emails (haha) a few days before it was made public. They don't have poker faces.

by Anonymousreply 7711/11/2016

.@inthehands @slava_pestov Russian hackers entered US voting systems in summer.US hackers believe they downloaded malware to influence count- Alexandra Chalup

by Anonymousreply 7811/11/2016

No they do not have good poker faces. Trump constantly gives away his stunts.

That is of course unless you're in a deplorable trance.

by Anonymousreply 7911/11/2016

It doesn't matter. People who hated Clinton could be presented with the facts and they'd still say "well, anyone but Clinton" no matter how dishonest or criminal the election was. These are low info, single issue voters who vote based on visceral emotion namely hate, xenophobia, paranoia and fear.

by Anonymousreply 8011/11/2016

Homeland Security should look into this. Election results on hold until then. Cmon Obama. Man up. Get nasty shrill and naggy Hil.

by Anonymousreply 8111/11/2016

In early October, the U.S. officially accused Russia of hacking:

by Anonymousreply 8211/11/2016

And on Oct 31, sources revealed Comey didn't want to reveal the names of the Russians responsible:

by Anonymousreply 8311/11/2016

by Anonymousreply 8411/11/2016

Sadly I think this will go the same way as discussions about how it was possible for the Twin Towers to collapes from burning fuel on 9/11 was pushed into tinhat conspiracy theories. But I sure how something real will come out of it.

by Anonymousreply 8511/11/2016

r46 Oh hon, when this shit was happening all over the country since 2000, the media just called us conspiracy theorists for bringing it up.

The media in this country are mostly CUNTS, turn them off.

by Anonymousreply 8611/11/2016

Well, I certainly hope that we have our own hackers fucking around with their shit.

by Anonymousreply 8711/11/2016

But I sure HOPE something real will come out of it.

Sorry for the typo.

by Anonymousreply 8811/11/2016

I'm scratching my head on the timing of the Comey revelation about hacking. He does the Weiner email stunt on Friday, and two days later it was reported he knew who was behind the Russian hacking but wouldn't say anything.

I only vaguely remember that, because it was just shrugged off as another thing Comey was doing to affect the election. But it happened and I guess I don't know why that in and of itself isn't enough for the government to open an investigation right damn now.

by Anonymousreply 8911/11/2016

But notice something very interesting. Whenever a democrat says the vote was rigged, there is an automatic response that making an issue of it will prevent people from voting because they will think their votes won't count. Trump loudly and repeatedly claimed the election was rigged and it didn't deter anyone from voting for him, did it? Why? Because the claim that we have to put up with rigged elections for fear the populace will believe elections are rigged is farcical! They are either being rigged or they aren't but to avoid talking about it is treasonous.

by Anonymousreply 9011/11/2016

Well, I knew something was up when Wolf Blitzer announced on CNN that the winners were TOMMY ROSS and CARRIE WHITE!

by Anonymousreply 9111/11/2016

I hope Mother Jones will look into that. For me they are pretty much the only reliable political source these days (well, apart from Rachel Maddow, but she puts a more infotainment spin on the news to make them look more appealing, interesting, and entertaining to the viewers)

by Anonymousreply 9211/11/2016

by Anonymousreply 9311/11/2016

I knew it !! GET THEM

by Anonymousreply 9411/11/2016

[quote]I want to know, did my vote count?

R63, is there a way to request verification?

by Anonymousreply 9511/11/2016

r90 I believe their (Trump's) issue was VOTER fraud rigging, letting the dems vote multiple times. The pukes also spoke nof the media rigging it.

This is ELECTION fraud. Which involves internal machine rigging. Most all voting machine companies are Republican owned.

It's is very real, and has always been. The Dems failed to fight it. Perhaps they had their own plan?

by Anonymousreply 9611/11/2016

How could they have pulled this off? I thought the machines weren't connected to the internet. I want to believe it, I do.

by Anonymousreply 9711/11/2016

[quote] Perhaps they had their own plan?

They had their own plan for using Republican rigged voting machines? Like what?

by Anonymousreply 9811/11/2016

1. Russian troll farms - Adrien Chen investigation into Russia organizing and paying online trolls to influence politics. 2. Russia's email hack and Trump openly asking Russia to hack emails. This would be called treason for everybody who's not Donald Trump. 3. Comey's involvement in the elections. 4. Michael Morell, former CIA chief stated that Russia recruited Trump as an "unwitting agent" of Russia. 5. Mother Jones article 10/31/16 - Veteran spy has given FBI information alleging Russian operation to cultivate Donald Trump. 6. Harry Reid's statement about FBI Trump investigation. 7. HeatStreet reports that FBI was granted a FISA court warrant in October to examine people in Donald Trump's campaign, and a Trump private server that's allegedly connected to a bank in Russia. 8. Russian officials confirm Russians were in contact with Trump allies throughout his campaign. Look at comments made by Ryabkov.

by Anonymousreply 9911/11/2016

I was just thinking back to the Tea Party years, when protestors would decorate their anti-Obama signs with the hammer & sickle. How things have changed.

by Anonymousreply 10011/11/2016

Based on the chitter-chatter and maybe some evidence showing up could the UN declare the election results null and void?

by Anonymousreply 10111/11/2016

Please sign up for Mother Jones and help them uncover more stories. I have signed up for the magazine and donated money to them to support real stories and journalism. I will my support MSNBC or CNN or any other outlets in the future. Lawrence and Rachel should leave and go somewhere, where they can make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 10211/11/2016

The UN won't be able to do anything. It's got to come from the foreign media.

by Anonymousreply 10311/11/2016

As soon as we take back America, the first thing we'll do is nuke the shit out of MosKKKow.

by Anonymousreply 10411/11/2016

the very fact that Republicans can get away with bogus voter purge lists, 20 years after they started and when it was clearly demonstrated they were used to deprive minorities and only minorities of voting rights, shows that 1) racism is a bigger factor in American politics now than it has been since the 1960s; 2) the money Republicans get from Citizens United is having its biggest effect down the ballot, at offices like Secretary of State where they now spend tens of millions of dollars, where previously it was rare for any candidate to spend more than $10,000; 3) controlling the voting process now matters more to Republicans than winning any particular office, because it is the bottom brick in the Jenga tower of their power. In 2018 and 2020, Democrats must worry more about capturing the officials who control the voting and the redistricting than on any other offices.

by Anonymousreply 10511/11/2016

Not a constitutional expert by any stretch but common sense says foreign media won't have any effect.

It's got to come from the White House and the Supreme Court based on investigation by the Fourth estate. It's a national domestic disgrace.

Or wait for the big fat bestseller 5 years later on how Trump and Putin stole the election. If anyone can afford to buy the book then.

by Anonymousreply 10611/11/2016

The way I understood it two out of three of the companies owning the machines gave big donations to Clinton. That came out when significant electronic voting inconsistencies were discovered in the DNC primaries favoring Clinton over Sanders. Maybe the Stanford study.

by Anonymousreply 10711/11/2016

The extra shitty thing about this is that I'm sure part of Putin's goal is to keep Americans (and any other country he tries this in) from feeling like they can trust the results of their elections. And it works.

by Anonymousreply 10811/11/2016

No, R107, that was Republican propaganda. How can you people have been so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 10911/11/2016

stunt post @r107.

Not the day for this, hon.

by Anonymousreply 11011/11/2016

It does work, R108. It's worked in Great Britain, now in America. France and Germany are next on his list.

by Anonymousreply 11111/11/2016

There needs to be some sort of unified, global resistance to this. And it needs to happen FAST.

by Anonymousreply 11211/11/2016

Oh gee whiz, R107 is invisible now.

Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 11311/11/2016

r98 Some, or at least one, company was dem owned. about six years ago that I can recall. I dropped out of the election fraud sites due to frustration.

In my comment I was mainly pondering why the dimwits would ignore such a crisis unless they had their own plan.

The most likely scenario seems to be that those at the top are happy with the system of rigged machines as they are.

I

by Anonymousreply 11411/11/2016

Hacking electronic machines is a double edged sword

kisses r113

by Anonymousreply 11511/11/2016

Whatever happened to this plan?

by Anonymousreply 11611/11/2016

We have to go to these demonstrations and help whomever is getting out the word on this.

NO PEACE FOR PUTIN

by Anonymousreply 11711/11/2016

Oh, I see. R114 is a complete fucking moron.

Okay then.

by Anonymousreply 11811/11/2016

r105 Hate to break it to you but voter suppression in the Black community has never stopped. It's been going on since we got the vote. When I started working on elections as a poll checker I learned that our government has never wanted the Black community to have full participation at the ballot box. We have been and remain a pebble in the shoe to those who seek to oppress the will of the people.

by Anonymousreply 11911/11/2016

Why are people out there protesting, when this election was "won" by Trump. Look at the number of people showing up to protest, and "none of them voted" is the narrative that media outlets want to spread around? Our democracy is a nothing more than a farce, if we let them get away with more lies and spinning.

by Anonymousreply 12011/11/2016

R114. The Democrats never owned any election machine companies. The Spanish government owned one, but it was a conservative Spanish government, not a liberal one, and their partner was a friend of Romney's in the Boston finance industry. Obama stopped Chuck Hagel's company from buying one of the other players and it was arranged a Canadian company would buy the company in question. But again it was not a Democratic company and they kept one of the Christian Dominionist Uroseviches to run it. Another company was bought by Venezuelan investors, but these were not supporters of Chavez, these people had been recruited by a team of Republican investors at Unisys.

by Anonymousreply 12111/11/2016

They're just trying to muddy the waters, as usual, by saying that Dems to it too.

Not today, hon. Not today.

by Anonymousreply 12211/11/2016

Someone in the comments of one of the articles said "the Dems hacked the votes to make it look like the Russians did it". LMAO. Trump supporters always come up with the craziest theories.

by Anonymousreply 12311/11/2016

Amen, R122, however we can dress that up a little:

by Anonymousreply 12411/11/2016

r118 I took the time to politely answer you, and that's the best you can do?

You wonder why our Democratic party is flailing and failing? I'm left to GUESS at what your ridiculous rudeness is in regard to.

Do you know the answer as to why Democrats have traditionally downplayed election fraud through rigged machines?

And if you doubt that a democrat once owned a company, than just say so.

The defensiveness and denial of reality is a very real reason as to why we could not overcome the election fraud in battleground states with a tsunami of votes for Clinton, as Obama was able to do.

So long, crab ass.

by Anonymousreply 12511/11/2016

I'd forgotten about the BernieBros saying that Clinton had the DNC primaries rigged.

Boy, Bernie Sanders' campaign, purposely or not, sure helped the Republicans with their propaganda, didn't it?

by Anonymousreply 12611/11/2016

Not today, r125.

by Anonymousreply 12711/11/2016

Seriously, Pollyanna Prisspot @ R125, read R124.

by Anonymousreply 12811/11/2016

R126, Bernie Sanders' campaign - which should have ended months before it did, considering he'd already lost - undermined Hillary Clinton in a myriad of ways.

by Anonymousreply 12911/11/2016

Democratic Underground was hacked and is still down, not that it is a "think tank", per se.

by Anonymousreply 13011/11/2016

Troll tank, more like it. I hate that place.

by Anonymousreply 13111/11/2016

The problem is that if this is true, the US media won't report it. Their job right now, as they see it, is to polish and promote the new First Family. So it will be puff pieces on Melania's gown, visits to her hometown to get reaction, maybe a few soft articles on his cabinet picks.

But they're not going to do anything that looks like it undermines the validity of the election.

by Anonymousreply 13211/11/2016

I know he is very old and not in great health but someone needs to let Jimmy Carter know. His life the past 30 years has been devoted to helping ensure clean elections in other countries. He has a young grandson in politics I'm going to tweet as well. There should be tell tale signs that people with experience would be able to spot in the results.

by Anonymousreply 13311/11/2016

I wish I'd paid more attention to this a long time ago. Basically, once Rove had that meltdown on TV in 2012 when he apparently expected a Repub win, I figured the hacking was stoppable and wouldn't happen again, not after blowing his cover like that.

by Anonymousreply 13411/11/2016

r131 I no longer care for it as I did in the early 2000's, it is full of freeper cunts, but this is not a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 13511/11/2016

We need Eichenwald on this.

by Anonymousreply 13611/11/2016

Eichenwald is the only journalist I currently trust.

by Anonymousreply 13711/11/2016

Send this thread to people who need to see it. There's a lot of good info in it. Maybe it will spur a foreign journalist or rogue journalist or group stateside to do some investigating.

We need to somehow hammer the MSM to listen. By tweeting, letter writing, calling or protesting outside their offices. They should know what they've done to enabling Trump's win. Be the creeky wheel.

by Anonymousreply 13811/11/2016

Are there any really good investigative reporters working at mainstream papers who would tackle this? It needs someone from a big news org. to analyze the data and give some concrete evidence before people will take it seriously.

by Anonymousreply 13911/11/2016

I thought election rigging and hacked voting machines were right wing conspiracies. No such thing as voter fraud, remember? Sour 🍇

by Anonymousreply 14011/11/2016

We're not talking about voter fraud, fuckass R140

by Anonymousreply 14111/11/2016

Regarding the media this can go two ways.

A) they ignore it, because they are being told to ignore it so Trump and his cronies can loot the USA treasury.

or

B) it will gain media traction and, somehow reverse the voting end result and Clinton will be the next POTUS in order to go to war with Russia (which, according to conspiracy theorist David Icke, is a New World Order secrety society plan).

by Anonymousreply 14211/11/2016

r139 Greg Palast at the BBC. I'm not sure of any honest investigative reporters in the US who would have the resources.

Robert Kennedy Jr. got a lot of shit for writing about it in Rolling Stone.

by Anonymousreply 14311/11/2016

Eichenwald often responds to twitter comments, someone can at least try contacting him about it. His articles didn't get a whole lot of traction though.

by Anonymousreply 14411/11/2016

Maybe this one will.

by Anonymousreply 14511/11/2016

There's an appearance that certain partisan elements of the FBI were too busy digging into HRC's Emails with a goal of ending her political career. If so, they succeeded. Stopping Russian hacking obviously was not their priority.

by Anonymousreply 14611/11/2016

Now the protesters around the country have an even greater reason to keep protesting.

Hopefully for a long time and all around the world.

January 20th is going to be quite a day.

by Anonymousreply 14711/11/2016

While I doubt anything will come of this We the People petition, 100,000 signatures within a 30 days will get an official update on within 60 days.

by Anonymousreply 14811/11/2016

It's not incredible that Trump won, even without any outside interference. This is a stupid country, full of gullible suckers. And almost half of the citizenry can't or won't get their asses into a voting booth. For every reasonable, intelligent voter there is a "deplorable," or a "don't give a fuck."

by Anonymousreply 14911/11/2016

She was done in by the electoral college, Clinton won the popular vote and in every major democracy that's enough to win an election. Get rid of the Electoral College.

by Anonymousreply 15011/11/2016

Still, if you read the post in OP, it shows overwhelming markers pointing to theft.

by Anonymousreply 15111/11/2016

It's so interesting which states had "trouble" with their voting machines on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 15211/11/2016

You usually can't see the internal hacking unless the screen turns your vote before your eyes, as has happened.

by Anonymousreply 15311/11/2016

Alexandra Chalupa needs to do a public interview somehow. Posting all of this on her Facebook/Twitter page won't get enough traction.

by Anonymousreply 15411/11/2016

"Eerie parallels between the US election and the downfall of Ukraine".

Paul Manafort involved in both. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 15511/11/2016

R155 that should be its own thread

by Anonymousreply 15611/11/2016

This reminds of the House Of Cards. No matter how hard people tried to nail KevinSpacey/President, he and his evilness always prevailed. I feel this way about Trump and the GOP.

Also reminds me of Nurse Ratched. She fucking prevailed against the good.

by Anonymousreply 15711/11/2016

4chan hates females

by Anonymousreply 15811/11/2016

Yes, that should definitely be its own thread and this thread should be at the top of the page.

by Anonymousreply 15911/11/2016

How did this get pushed so far down to the bottom of the page?

It's the most important thread on the most important story and discussion about the election.

by Anonymousreply 16011/11/2016

bump

by Anonymousreply 16111/11/2016

bump bump

by Anonymousreply 16211/11/2016

bump bump bump

by Anonymousreply 16311/11/2016

They keep desperately running anecdotal stories about blacks and women and hispanics who either voted for the fat orange fuhrer or have been paid to say that they did.

As if. We know what they did and we are not going to let it go.

by Anonymousreply 16411/11/2016

I want to believe that some miracle will happen, this will all be exposed and Clinton will be POTUS but let's get real here. Democrats are a bunch of wusses. They will not put up a fight. This will be pegged as a conspiracy theory and evil will prevail as it always does.

It all feels so hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 16511/11/2016

Nah, R165, you shouldn't be such a soggy cunt. We may not be able to get the president that we actually elected (Hillary) but we can certainly make life a LIVING FUCKING HELL for this unfit asshole and everyone around him.

We focus on scandal after scandal after scandal. Investigations into the backgrounds and fuckery of Manafort, Bannon, Conway, ALL of them - anyone around him. No one is safe, no one is spared. None of these people have ever been in the White House. They have no idea the kind of scrutiny they are about to fall under.

And we make sure that we pressure all Democrats to be absolutely uncooperative. Nothing moves. Nothing gets through the senate without a bloody fucking battle. We will stop them from implementing their fucked up agenda and give them so much grief and pain that they will wish they had stayed under their rocks.

Get up, stop whining and moaning and start getting mean.

by Anonymousreply 16611/11/2016

by Anonymousreply 16711/11/2016

by Anonymousreply 16811/11/2016

hehehehe

by Anonymousreply 16911/11/2016

more funny - I just want the thread to stay active and near the top of the page - and Poo hates animated gifs

by Anonymousreply 17011/11/2016

I haven't seen this one before:

by Anonymousreply 17111/11/2016

The ACLU took out a full page ad in the NY Times to publish an open letter to the hater-elect.

by Anonymousreply 17211/11/2016

Sorry, but no. There was a backlash all over the entire country. There's no way this was rigged. The popular vote also backs this up. Too close. Democrats have been losing the country all through the Obama era.

by Anonymousreply 17311/11/2016

Sure, TrumPutin Troll @ R173, we've been losing soooooo fucking much during the Obama years, that we fucking beat your ass by MILLIONS of votes, even with Putin's hacking.

We will destroy him and everyone around him. He will accomplish nothing. He will be tied up in knots and scandals and constant attacks every day he tries to hold the office he stole.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 17411/11/2016

Thanks, ladies. I always knew this fucking backwater of Ohio was rigged from the top down.

I certainly plan to back every Dem in the upcoming elections and make sure we have a decent Sec of State. This shit has GOT to end.

by Anonymousreply 17511/11/2016

There's a lot of checking you can do yourself online. For starters, check out this article, published a few scant days before the election. Note that the Sequoia AVC Edge Mk1 voting machine, one of several outdated machines totally susceptible to hacking, was used in 13 states, including Arizona, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 17611/11/2016

Here's another one.

by Anonymousreply 17711/11/2016

r174, I've been called a Hillbot on here. Don't even. You sound like Trump pre-election win. It's over. Move on. You're just making an ass out of yourself and will end up being banned on here.

by Anonymousreply 17811/11/2016

The theory that DT won this by playing dirty is very very believable. What I don't get it if the Russians did hack then wouldn't they make sure that popular vote matched the electoral votes? As of now Hillary's lead in popular votes continues to go up.

I just hope the guy who predicts Trump will be impeached is right!

by Anonymousreply 17911/11/2016

And get full-on President Pence? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 18011/11/2016

R166, I was mean during the W years. I protested, I made signs, wrote letters, joined activist groups. It accomplished nothing. The bad guys still won. I'd so much love to have your optimism but I just don't have it in me anymore. But hey, good luck.

by Anonymousreply 18111/11/2016

They have their limitations, R179. They couldn't hack into every state's system without getting caught or at least risking getting caught and therefore could not make the popular vote match or be lower for Hillary than for Fuckface von Clownstick.

They focused on changing the tallies in a few key states to steal the electoral college.

by Anonymousreply 18211/11/2016

Soggy, I did the same during the Bush II years. And during the Bush I years and during the Reagan years.

I am certainly not going to do any less when we have this evil fucking clown who was put there by Putin. Pull yourself together, woman. Get mad. This should make you angry, not despondent.

by Anonymousreply 18311/11/2016

I can't find the information about the exit polls. If the Russians hacked into the voting, they can't also change the exit polls. Is there any information that shows that the exit polls are different from the vote tallies in any of these areas??

by Anonymousreply 18411/11/2016

R166- The Democrats should hammer away at Trump's plan to put his businesses in the hands of his kids. That's NOT a blind trust. For all the bitching people did about the Clinton Foundation, the shouts about Trump's plan should be ten times louder.

by Anonymousreply 18511/11/2016

I am an Election Judge. And, I worked the 2016 General Election.

There are several ways the Presidential Election could have been rigged. Besides hacking, there's bribing of a State Election Board official. So, if this official wants his guy to win (Trump), he can fix the results so no one knows the difference. Perhaps, by stuffing the ballot box. Which would explain why some states (PA, MI, WI) took so long to report their election results.

Also, there's dead men voting. As, the deceased are still in the roster, unless a voter update form is completed taking them off. Therefore, it is easy to request absentee ballots for the deceased, fill them out, and send them in. As, their votes will count and no one will know the difference. That's because they're still listed on the roster as active. Then, they'll be listed as voted.

As far as a solution to the problem of rigging the vote, personally, I believe that federal investigations are being conducted, as we speak. But, nothing can be said, as to not ruin the investigation.

Also, if there was rigging, because there would not be a true result, this election should be null and void. President Obama could use a State of Emergency Executive Order to stay on as President. And, a redo election would take place.

One, probably in 2018 for the House and Senate. And, one in 2020 for the President. Because, that's how long it will take, especially, in Washington, to straighten this mess out.

by Anonymousreply 18611/11/2016

So how in the fuck can we protect ourselves against that shit in the future?

I mean, if all of the hackers are MRA / 4chan thugs that hate women, minorities, gays, et al, how can we stop them?

by Anonymousreply 18711/11/2016

I thought about the exit polls too. You'd think someone would look into that. I remember CNN talking about some that didn't seem to strongly favor either side, but someone posted these exit polls from the twitter of Lord Ashcroft (who apparently supports Trump) that look a lot better for Hillary:

Early US exit polls. Georgia Trump +3. Virginia Clinton+8. N. Carolina Clinton+2. Ohio Tie. Florida Clinton +2. New Hampshire Clinton +6 Pennsylvania Clinton +5. Arizona Trump +3. Colorado Clinton +6. Michigan Clinton +5. Wisconsin. Clinton +6. Iowa Trump +3. Nevada Clinton +5. Utah Trump +9.

Not sure what his source is

by Anonymousreply 18811/11/2016

In fact, those exit polls look a lot more like the polling numbers before the election. Are they both wrong, or......

by Anonymousreply 18911/11/2016

R186, is that I hope you are providing us? Do you really think this is likely?

by Anonymousreply 19011/11/2016

The Hillary campaign and her people in the news media already killed any investigation when they convinced people that it was impossible, completely impossible, to rig a U.S. election. I agreed with Trump that it was rigged, but now since you people did the knee jerk denial, you have to lie in the bed you made.

by Anonymousreply 19111/11/2016

R191, they meant it was impossible for anyone within the States to rig the vote count. They know full well that Russia - outside the US - would possibly do everything in its power to make sure Trump got elected, since they were directly on the receiving end of that. But, they can't just go shouting out "it was rigged!" They need evidence.

by Anonymousreply 19211/12/2016

Bump this motherfucker, Clinton is now heading for a 3 million popular vote advantage which means the results from the electoral college DO NOT MATCH.

by Anonymousreply 19311/12/2016

Oh god no, after all the "Obama wants to be dictator" conspiracy talk he can't stay in office.

There has to be another way.

by Anonymousreply 19411/12/2016

Guys, this seems doable. We're in a good position for this thanks to a number of things:

1. Trump doesn't seem to even want to be president and may be looking for a way out.

2. Trump's supporters are already grumbling because he's backtracked on several things and it's not even a week since the election.

3. The 2000 election being stolen is in very recent memory and we can point to what's becoming a pattern.

4. There are already a few news articles coming out about this.

We have to move fast though and I'm kind of at a loss about what to do, unless you think we can get a petition on White House . gov and get it signed by a whole lot of people -- hundreds of thousands -- in a couple of days. That might get press attention and, from there, government attention.

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 19511/12/2016

The hacking of our electronic machines is a good reason to get rid of the Electoral College!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19611/12/2016

[quote] Clinton is now heading for a 3 million popular vote advantage which means the results from the electoral college DO NOT MATCH.

This is incredible. Is this from the Mail-in Ballots?

by Anonymousreply 19711/12/2016

Can I get a link for the current popular vote numbers? Sorry, I can't find anything but the older numbers from a few days ago when she was up by about 500,000.

by Anonymousreply 19811/12/2016

Why does the US use voting machines at all?

by Anonymousreply 19911/12/2016

No one cares about his corruption. Like they don't care about his business failures, his sexual assaults, even his incestuous feelings for his daughter. What makes you think proof of fraud would turn the tide? These people love Trump because the damn libruls hate him, and that's ALL they care about.

by Anonymousreply 20011/12/2016

For me anyway, the point is that the election was obviously fucked with by external forces (and probably not even Republican forces this time, considering how surprised Repugs were that Cheeto Mussolini won) and that no one in the government or media seems to care.

This is becoming a pattern and it needs to fucking stop. At the least we'll have Trump's illegitimacy hanging over him for 4 years. That didn't get W out of the presidency but it sure alienated him from Repugs who didn't want that stank all over them, and it affected his legacy. At MINIMUM I want Trump to feel the same.

I suspect his recent change of heart on all those nasty things he promised has been an attempt to appease the angry populace so they stop looking into voting irregularities and stop protesting. I'm not going away that easy.

by Anonymousreply 20111/12/2016

Maybe these women are the culprits?

by Anonymousreply 20211/12/2016

Bump

by Anonymousreply 20311/12/2016

Never been to his oage before, but here ya go.

by Anonymousreply 20411/12/2016

I don't think that's it, r201. I think he's fucking terrified and has NO IDEA WTF he's doing. He's too egotistical to admit it and that's why he's turned everything over to Penis.

But he IS illegitimate. Clinton won the popular vote - by a very large margin. Of course, the MSM isn't covering that but it's out there.

by Anonymousreply 20511/12/2016

The Republicans are repulsive. Hearing about people of color's votes being targeted is just heartbreaking. And they're just allowed to do this with no one challenging them at all. OMG. I have never been so disgusted in my life.

by Anonymousreply 20611/12/2016

You mean that Republicans used UNLAWFUL MEANS to swing the vote in their favor!

*collapses pitifully onto fainting couch*

by Anonymousreply 20711/12/2016

My super Republican county, Cobb, home of Bob Barr and Newt Gingrich and law so anti-gay, they cost us events for 1996 Atlanta Olympics went blue for the first time since the southern strategy. I joked that perhaps the Russians had software to flip the votes or didn't fool with Cobb because it's always reliably red. By a lot.

by Anonymousreply 20811/12/2016

Unless MSM picks it up, I don't see how the results can be overturned. Journalists aren't going over the vote counts. They're focusing in on why Clinton lost with white working class voters.

A media outlet would have to start bringing up the possibility of election tampering and no one is doing it yet.

by Anonymousreply 20911/12/2016

You people are seriouslly pathetic. Trying to blame voter fraud instead of a shitty candidate with no message. I know at least 20 democrats who voted for Trump. Get over it queens- you lost because the DNC picked Hillary and she was so stupid to think that she would win only because she was not Trump.Focus your time on getting rid of the DNC, superdelegates, and finding a progressive candidate like Bernie

by Anonymousreply 21011/12/2016

Hey r193 can you link us to the numbers?

by Anonymousreply 21111/12/2016

R210 still clinging on to the insane idea that Bernie would have won?? If Trump can smear Hillary, he would have gutted Bernie

by Anonymousreply 21211/12/2016

Maybe this is what prompted 193 to say Clinton has millions more votes coming.

by Anonymousreply 21311/12/2016

R10, read the damn thread. Nobody's claiming voter fraud. That's some James O'Keefe shit.

by Anonymousreply 21411/12/2016

R210, of course.

by Anonymousreply 21511/12/2016

A guy was on MSNBC the other night saying the same things posted here and Lawrence O'Donnell didn't respond. It is as if journalists do not believe it or (probably) told not to follow it. I sure hope the poster upthread is right and a secret investigation is happening.

by Anonymousreply 21611/12/2016

I'd like to think that if something really was uncovered that patriotic Republicans would work with Democrats to deal with it, but yeah...not holding my breath.

by Anonymousreply 21711/12/2016

R213 linked the article I referred too, though are multiple others suggesting at the minimum a 2 million lead when votes are done being counted, and one said 3.5 million (don't know where I read that one)

by Anonymousreply 21811/12/2016

R210 still doesn't get that Clinton has won the popular vote by large.

by Anonymousreply 21911/12/2016

How would they have done this in places like Michigan and Minnesota? I believe it's all paper there. Not necessarily doubting things, just curious.

by Anonymousreply 22011/12/2016

[R220] here. I mean, I know that the paper ballots are still counted by a machine, but would such a thing even be connected to a network? I imagine it's very basic.

by Anonymousreply 22111/12/2016

r220 Also, They can "steal" votes by voter suppression. The Voting Rights Act was weakened, and many dirty tricks were employed to keep people from the polls. Not enough booths, long lines the needless voter ID requirements.

Michigan was one such state that got this treatment.

by Anonymousreply 22211/12/2016

I wish we still had guys like the Kennedys in office. They really knew how to play dirty.

Of course that ended badly, but still.

by Anonymousreply 22311/12/2016

Progressive poseurs like 210 who won't shut the fuck up about Bernie don't want the voter fraud to come out because that would mean they'd have to let go their sanctimonious cries of "toldja so". Fuck you ,stupid berniebots. You didn't listen to your own candidate and chose to burn it all down. You make me sick. .

by Anonymousreply 22411/12/2016

Don't worry about the Bernvictims, r224. They are going to be buried under debt for the rest of their lives because they cut off their nose to spite their faces.

We need some Dems that aren't afraid to fight dirty and kick those republicunts right in their cunts - repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 22511/12/2016

Here's another article. I hope this thing gets legs and picked up by the widespread media. That along with the massive margin that is expected to favor Clinton in the popular vote is our only hope.

by Anonymousreply 22611/12/2016

I just signed the petition: "Demand an Audit of the 2016 Presidential Election" Will you join me in supporting this issue?

by Anonymousreply 22711/12/2016

Thanks, R227. I just signed the petition before getting on Datalounge. And, as of right now, there are 8,348 signatures, and growing, out of 9,000 signatures necessary. So, please, click R227 link and sign this petition. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 22811/12/2016

If someone has a facebook account link to it on there. That will get signatures fast no?

by Anonymousreply 22911/12/2016

R229 - I just did, but only have 40 friends. Can someone with 1000+ friends on here link also?

by Anonymousreply 23011/12/2016

Is there actual fact that it only takes 9,000 signatures to get an audit?

by Anonymousreply 23111/12/2016

R231, I think they set goals. Once they hit 9k, they will set the goal out further.

by Anonymousreply 23211/12/2016

But is it actually possible to "demand" an audit? I was under the impression that a recount, etc. could be done in most places if the margin is close, but that someone has to put money up to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 23311/12/2016

I don't know. I think even if they found out that the election ballots were hacked, they wouldn't say anything. Not with all the protests in the streets. There would be coast to coast riots over it.

by Anonymousreply 23411/12/2016

"I joked that perhaps the Russians had software to flip the votes or didn't fool with Cobb because it's always reliably red. By a lot. "

If you look at the results, it's disturbing. The states that were solid blue, like Illinois, went even more blue. The states that were expected to be solid red, surprisingly, were a little bit more favorable for Clinton (above mentioned areas of Kansas going 50/50, Iowa being close, etc.) as would have been expected if she was headed for the landslide as polls predicted. The results that don't make sense are the states like Wisconsin and Michigan.

What it looks like to me is that the hackers left the very blue and very red states alone which would result in the bluer blue states and the purpling of the reddest of red states in a Clinton blowout, which is exactly what happened in those states. The hackers, etc., focused their attention on the in-between states but they overshot and made the manipulations way too obvious.

Now, someone in power just has to look at what the rest of us saw happen before our eyes.

by Anonymousreply 23511/12/2016

Why isn't Frank Luntz questioning this?? His own exit polls showed Clinton was the winner with no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 23611/12/2016

Yeah, R227 link has reached 9,000 signatures. Now, it's increased its goal to 10,000 signatures. So, if you haven't done so already, please click R227 link and sign this petition for the Audit for the 2016 Presidential Election. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 23711/12/2016

Maybe someone can make another thread about this petition and ask people with facebook to put it up on their page. If people have a lot of friends it will get around fast.

by Anonymousreply 23811/12/2016

R238, done.

by Anonymousreply 23911/12/2016

It would be faster if people posted it on various Facebook Groups for Democrats and Hillary supporters. But again, is it really viable? Is there actually anything that is set up for citizens to demand an audit?

by Anonymousreply 24011/12/2016

R137, I think David Farenthold of the Washington Post is also an excellent reporter. Would love to see him sink his teeth into this.

by Anonymousreply 24111/12/2016

Maybe someone with more access to info than I have can access the following data:

1. States which use outdated, easily hacked voting machines (see my post at R176 above)

2. Of these states, which were solid red or blue, which were contested (as in Arizona, Penn., Wis. in the link above)?

3. Of these states, which had results that did not match prior polling (leave out the outliers).

4. In this year's election, which states exit polls didn't reflect the final vote tallies (see the link in R226 that points out exit polls are seen as so reliable that the US uses the correlation/discrepancy between exit polls and final vote tallies to determine the honesty of elections in foreign countries)?

Look for the overlap between nos. 1-4. If there's no overlap, then I guess I'm just a tinfoil hat wearer today. If there is a strong correlation, the states that match these criteria are the ones to zero in on. After all, what are the statistical odds? Occam's razor.

Is there anybody here who'd be willing to look into this?

by Anonymousreply 24211/12/2016

R242 here. One last point--Are absentee voters accounted for in exit polling? If they aren't, then exit polls should show a strong bias in favor of Trump relative to the total vote tally rather than the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 24311/12/2016

MSNBC explains why a national election cannot be rigged.

by Anonymousreply 24411/12/2016

I think Donald meant rigged by the establishment and the media. That's how I took it. And Wikileaks bore that out.

Elections have to be electronically rigged state by state as they all use different methods.

Vogter suppression is also a form of rigging, more like "swaying" an election.

by Anonymousreply 24511/12/2016

"voter"

by Anonymousreply 24611/12/2016

I wouldn't say Iowa was close. Trump won by 9% there. If there was hacking going on, it certainly hit them too.

by Anonymousreply 24711/12/2016

Ohio here. I voted absentee about 3 weeks before the election. The week before election day I got a card in the mail from the Democratic National Committee saying, "We noticed you haven't voted yet...". I just tossed it in the trash. I told a co-worker about it and he said his wife had voted absentee and received one also.

Just odd.

by Anonymousreply 24811/12/2016

R243, I had to do some advanced statistical analysis for my doctorate (in a totally different arena), and I do believe you're on to something. I couldn't do it myself, but I believe what would be needed is what is known as a multinomial regression (ironically, what 538 uses), since you're dealing with so many variables. You'd also want to have exactly the same stats (exit poll comparisons etc.) from other elections to compare (I'd suggest pre-electronic machine elections).

Maybe Poll Troll or Poll Imp or Poll Bro is our guy/girl; I don't have the know-how.

by Anonymousreply 24911/12/2016

Or hell, maybe Nate Silver or Harry Enten is our guy!!! They already have access to all of this information and are likely as blindsided and therefore curious as the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 25011/12/2016

Reading the faces of his family on the dais, they don't look proud or happy.

My little story: I voted absentee 3 weeks before the election. The week before election day I received a card in the mail from the Democratic National Committee saying, "We noticed you haven't voted yet...". I just tossed it in the trash. I told this to a co-worker who said his wife voted absentee and received the same thing in the mail.

by Anonymousreply 25111/12/2016

Jesus, R251.

by Anonymousreply 25211/12/2016

There's a twitter conversation on Andrea Chalupa's page - someone named David Greenwald is looking at some of the numbers and other people are noticing something's off with WI and MI.

by Anonymousreply 25311/12/2016

Oh boy-------------

"And a detail that got cut from our final days story the other day - Manafort sent at least one memo advising Trump to focus on Wi and MI" ---Maggie Haberman @NYT.

by Anonymousreply 25411/12/2016

That is true. Remember he made those last minute stops there that nobody could understand? Jesus fuck, what if he only went there to cover his ass.

by Anonymousreply 25511/13/2016

[quote]I wouldn't say Iowa was close. Trump won by 9% there. If there was hacking going on, it certainly hit them too.

Which would be the difference between a smart and dumb hacker.

I once had a Christmas job in a computer store and they had cameras all over the place, I asked the security guy how he kept an eye on so many locations.

He said, "We don't. The first time they steal they usually if not always, get away with it, But when we get time to review the tapes, we see them steal and 90% of them are stupid enough to come back and THOSE we catch."

You see it's the difference between being smart and stupid and being satisfied or greedy.

You only need ONE vote to win, so why get greedy?

by Anonymousreply 25611/13/2016

[quote] So how in the fuck can we protect ourselves against that shit in the future?

By using ONLY paper ballots and ONLY counting by hand, no machines.

by Anonymousreply 25711/13/2016

…...

by Anonymousreply 25811/13/2016

I absolutely am convinced that in some swing states, specifically Wisconsin and Michigan (potentially Florida and Pennsylvania) Russian agents infiltrated the voting machines. This matches results with the landslide Clinton polls, the exit polls, the fact that post-exit poll release on Tuesday night that Trump's campaign manager gave a statement to CNN that it would take a "miracle" for Clinton to win; and the fact that untouched, untampered-with ("red") states were disproportionately Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 25911/13/2016

" the fact that post-exit poll release on Tuesday night that Trump's campaign manager gave a statement to CNN that it would take a "miracle" for Clinton to win; " -- sorry, he said it would take a miracle for TRUMP to win on the night, after the exit polls were released.

by Anonymousreply 26011/13/2016

Good point, R260. At 7:40PM, an advisor told CNN that it would take "a miracle" for Trump to win.

An hour later it was clear Hillary was in trouble. Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 26111/13/2016

[quote]Why isn't Frank Luntz questioning this??

Because he's anti-Clinton? Seriously, his Twitter is all "Clinton didn't hold enough press conferences" and "Clinton is a robot."

by Anonymousreply 26211/13/2016

Luntz is evil and pro-Trump, he doesn't give a shit

by Anonymousreply 26311/13/2016

I hope it will be investigated but it won't.

by Anonymousreply 26411/13/2016

Total Bullshit

by Anonymousreply 26511/13/2016

It's very possible, and funny! Russian doing to America what America did to Iran ;-) but you need to get the word out, DL is the only place I've seen this discussion in and your time-window is very short

by Anonymousreply 26611/13/2016

Dems and the mainstream fear raising the Russian hacking/tampering issue because it potentially undermines the American electoral process and implies a hostile act/attack on America's sovereignty. It was a pre-emptive strike. A very real act of war...from a duck faced midget, Russian pimp named Putin. Trump's boyfriend. A rough and skilled big dick Daddy top is what I'm hearing.

by Anonymousreply 26711/13/2016

Nobody attacks our sovereignty but us!

by Anonymousreply 26811/13/2016

I was shocked (still am) about how quickly Hillary gave in. It is obvious that something isn't right.

I don't give a shit if people's faith in elections is shaken, it should be! Two elections in less than 20 years have been stolen.

by Anonymousreply 26911/13/2016

R,269. Me too. Why do you suppose she gave in so quickly? Because she knew the forces at work were unbeatable? If so, that leaves little hope... I find it all so depressing.

by Anonymousreply 27011/13/2016

It's always been said that Hillary hated that Al Gore caved so quickly, so I was surprised to see her cave so quickly, too.

But I also know that even if she won, at this point, all the "corrupt" propaganda about her would just be solidified in the minds of half the voters. Not only would her presidency be questioned the entire time, she'd never get reelection in 2020 and she'd probably be loathed by the populace, not to mention obstructed constantly in the House and Senate.

The only thing that could possibly save her now is if there was some kind of big news story from someone seen as neutral or in the know -- like if Comey admitted to his shenanigans, or if Putin started publicly bragging about hiring hackers. Not very likely. Democrats bringing up the election being thrown, rigged or otherwise skewed would just be shrugged off as sour grapes and conspiracy and corruption.

I still think we should do EVERYTHING WE CAN to make it obvious as possible that Trump did not have a legitimate win. I want that shit hanging over his head -- or Pence's head if Trump wanders off -- for all four years. I want it out there to affect the midterms and the 2020 election. I want everyone to fucking remember it this time, since apparently a lot of people have forgotten 2000 already.

by Anonymousreply 27111/13/2016

Maybe Hillary gave in after the election for the same reason she canceled her fireworks show before the election, she probably knew the fix was in. However, I do not believe that President Obama is going to take this. As, he will be polite, go through the motions, and investigate this whole mess.

by Anonymousreply 27211/13/2016

Don't count on it 272. Obama just wants to get the hell out of there with himself and his family intact.

If he were prone to do something like that, fight for us. He would have AT LEAST installed a temporary justice in the Supreme Court. Instead he did nothing. He did not fight for us there and he won't fight for us now.

by Anonymousreply 27311/13/2016

Let's get one thing straight here: Anonymous is definitely NOT pro Trump. Guaranteed.

Giuliani is our Supreme Comrade's BFF. Remember the Central Park Five ad?

Anonymous was responsible for the revelation of Darren Wilson's name. You know the man who killed Michael Brown, Jr. in cold blood (thanks to Trump, the racists can now STOP with the charged him like a bull bullshit).

Again Anonymous is NOT Trump friendly. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 27411/13/2016

Well if you have contact with them R274, why don't you get them working on this!

by Anonymousreply 27511/13/2016

One-third of Clinton supporters say Trump election is not legitimate, poll finds:

by Anonymousreply 27611/13/2016

Because it's too damned suspicious.

This stinks to high heaven. It really does. All of the exit polling, the early voting showed Clinton crushing it. There ARE no "secret" Drumpf voters. There just aren't.

Even that fat orange fucks own camp saw the writing on the wall. Something happened. Something bad.

Now Putin has his bitch boy in the WH and is giving him full access to all of our most sensitive info and nobody will stop him.

by Anonymousreply 27711/13/2016

r251, that is worth following up with the DNC about. How did they get their lists of early voters?

With all the early voting this year it seems a much easier target would be to prevent having them counted.

One would think that airtight, verifiable elections would be the ONE issue both sides could agree on. But no, not the republicans. It's treasonous.

by Anonymousreply 27811/13/2016

Trump supporters have red MAGA caps. Hillary supporters have tinfoil hats. The red hats are not necessarily attractive, but they're more becoming than the latter.

by Anonymousreply 27911/13/2016

Why do you have to be such a cunt, R279? This isn't a farfetched conspiracy for anyone who has been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 28011/13/2016

It's just another stupid troll, r280. Pay it no mind.

If you block it, a lot of other stupid posts in various threads disappear as well.

by Anonymousreply 28111/13/2016

R253- David Greenwald has just passed on his spreadsheet to Scott Dworkin- Dworkin asked to see it. Dworkin was Dep. Director 2009 Obama Inaugural Cmte.

This could actually go somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 28211/13/2016

Let's hope so, R282. No one should favor Russia controlling the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 28311/13/2016

R270 it was the right thing to do. Voting irregularities in places that could change electoral college vote is worth reopening. And they have until December 19th

by Anonymousreply 28411/13/2016

R282 Thanks. But, where did you hear that? I went looking on the internet. And, I couldn't find anything about David Greenwald giving information to Scott Dworkin.

by Anonymousreply 28511/13/2016

R285- It's on David Greenwald's twitter. The reply --- " @funder Hi Scott, here is one set of data. I am not trained in this and don't know if it's right".

Scroll down David's twitter replies and you'll see it. Scott is saying he can pass it on.

by Anonymousreply 28611/13/2016

Hi! It's R285. Thank you R286.

By the way, if you click on R227 link from yesterday to audit the presidential results, the number of signatures have gone from 9,000 yesterday to almost 15,000 today. So, if you haven't done so already, please click R227 link and sign. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 28711/13/2016

We have to ignore the Russian paid trolls on this board. Do you guys notice a discrepancy in the number of Pro-Trump internet comments and the Pro-Trump supporters on the streets? How long can people decide to be blind and stupid? In order for his presidency to be legitimate, there must be vocal support. And all of his support is online and media related. Fishy!

by Anonymousreply 28811/13/2016

On CNN website: Latino leaders are saying exit polls are wrong and Trump did NOT get 29% of the Latino vote. I wonder when someone will pick up this story and investigate further? They're saying it's more likely to be 18% or less. The pre/post election polls this year for the first time in history: ALL completely wrong?

by Anonymousreply 28911/13/2016

VERY CONCERNING r289

Math and statistics people should be sounding the alarm on this.

Shit is not adding up.

by Anonymousreply 29011/13/2016

R290 This cannot go on forever. How long is everybody going to look away? The worst thing is Trump's reverse psychology: If I keep saying the election is rigged, then the Dems can't use the same argument. It seems to be working.

by Anonymousreply 29111/13/2016

It's not a problem if it can be proven 291 but someone has to want to report on it in the MSM.

by Anonymousreply 29211/13/2016

This might sound stupid but perhaps something we should all be doing is writing in/tweeting/calling Newspapers, Network and Cable News and demanding that they start reporting news fairly (as we all know this election season they totally gave Trump a pass and screwed with Clinton and at the last minute realized they went overboard and tried to swing it back the other way but it was too late).

If it's too late to get this reported we should at least pressure them to not let it happen ever again. I mean, for fuck's sake a campaign like this worked to get a Housewife fired from a Bravo show... certainly if enough people banded together and threatened to stop watching they'd take note.

by Anonymousreply 29311/13/2016

R291, I have a moderate background in sales, and I am a BIG believer in "talking their language" to close a sale. In order to get people to believe this, which I **think** I believe too, we have to sell this! People are inherently selfish and only want to hear about how something will benefit THEM. Many aren't as patriotic as you -- the reasons that a fixed election outrages YOU won't necessarily translate to others. So don't try and plead with others to understand why YOU are so upset -- you have to only talk about why THEY should be upset. So I'm thinking about strategies to make that happen:

1). Reminding these fools that if they ignore this, it WILL happen to their party too. If Repubs can cheat, Democrats will cheat dirtier too. We all lose.

2.) Maybe use their own strategy against them. We could set up a fake "movement" of Hillary haters who so badly want her imprisoned that there is a ground swell to nail her -- and the final numbers not making sense starts getting broadcast on MSM. Or even make **both** happen.

3.) Feed above #2 to anti-Hillary comment boards.

4. Feed above #2 to anti-Dem cable/journalists I.e.

5.) Feed above #2 to "investigative journalists" who lean Repub.

6). Ask Anonymous for help.

7.) Ask the US data-guards who started this story to give BIGLY interviews with detailed descriptions of the hacking episodes.

8). We also need a figure-head to give this credibility. It has to be a conservative. A conservative who isn't stupid, professional/upper-class, who puts patriotism over party. Needle in a haystack you may say, but they are out there. Or a Joe Schmo the redcaps will relate to. It needs to come from a source that has no history with Dems IMHO.

Just a few ideas. Trump used every modern resource to paint a picture based on lies. Yes, this is an uphill battle, but stranger things have happened.

by Anonymousreply 29411/13/2016

R293 we posted at the same time and we are on the same page in most ways. I just think we have to push SOLELY on why THEY need to be upset. And we need to get in the sewer and play dirty too IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 29511/13/2016

I have been linking to that Greg Palast article all day. It is getting shared a lot on Twitter and has been reposted on other sites. It has amassed 17k shares on Facebook. I also emailed Rachel Maddow. I know it's a longshot but she seems like one of the few American journalists that might do something about it. Here's here email: rachel@msnbc.com

by Anonymousreply 29611/13/2016

Go R296!!!! 💜💙💚💛💗❤

by Anonymousreply 29711/13/2016

OK, r294, I'm going to be the stupid rube and ask you to explain your point two a little more. How is creating a movement to put Clinton in prison going to help anything? How is that going to "prove" these votes were changed or that the election was hacked? I'm not getting the connection there.

by Anonymousreply 29811/13/2016

How can I suggest a story to 60 MINUTES?

A. If you wish to bring a matter to the attention of 60 MINUTES, you may do so in writing via postal mail. Please write to:

Story Editor 60 MINUTES CBS News 524 West 57th Street New York, NY 10019

60 MINUTES requests that all story suggestions be submitted in concise, written form. Please do not send any original documents or additional materials that would need to be returned. We receive a large number of story suggestions each week and cannot guarantee response or return of materials. Alternately, you may send your request via email to 60m@cbsnews.com. If a 60 MINUTES producer does not contact you directly within 4 to 5 weeks, you may assume that CBS News is not going to report your story.

by Anonymousreply 29911/13/2016

The best thing would be to stop discussing this on an open board and to create a website or forum with like-minded people and link to it. I agree with 293 - this is the way to go. Newsweek, Mother Jones, Daily Kos, Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, David Corn, etc. Adrien Chen would be a good contact - he wrote "The Agency", article about Russian paid troll farms in support of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 30011/13/2016

R298, we need a "reason" for the vote to be under a microscope. There are so many vocal Hillary-haters, that having *them* build the momentum for this will be legitimized vs. progressives demanding it. We ONLY look like tinhats. Similar to Trump repeating the election is "rigged" and now Dems look like assholes if they demand an investigation. If it comes from Repubs (who are actually initially people like us) it bypasses the sore loser argument. It is a game but we play by Trump-rules. Capice? Nothing will happen to Hillary -- I do think she's out of the weeds -- it is risky no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 30111/13/2016

[quote] I was shocked (still am) about how quickly Hillary gave in. It is obvious that something isn't right.

Same thing happened in 2004 with Kerry. The media was actually reporting a kerry victory. And then suddenly they all did an about face. Nothing about it made sense, it was the first time exit polls were completely wrong.

Nobody seemed to care then. There are certain things the MSM won't touch: questioning the 9/11 story, and questioning the integrity of our election process are the two big ones.

by Anonymousreply 30211/13/2016

R298 sorry....this is R301 who is also R294.

by Anonymousreply 30311/13/2016

We would also need a billionaire willing to pay some kids to troll the forums against Trump, unfortunately we don't have Russian support and money to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 30411/13/2016

R304, yes, money is critical. But our community has high-rollers too. Which one of you whorez has say, Hollywood or other high-rolling contacts? But yes R304, we need a troll army. But I also have to wonder if we on this thread conquer and divide, we may surprise ourselves. Social media is simply a numbers game. If we hit the right readers, this will QUICKLY go viral -- as long as it's not coming from Dems. This story coming from **us** will **never** maintain credibility.

by Anonymousreply 30511/13/2016

So, let me get this straight - you want US to hate on our girl and possibly endanger her so the crazies see the Russians rigged the election?

Yeah, right. That makes ZERO sense. Why in the fuck would they even CARE as long as they win? They don't give a shit if the election was hacked. Why would they? It benefitted THEM. That's the LAST thing they'd want to do is call the results into question.

by Anonymousreply 30611/13/2016

Ok, R294 etc. My last post....I emphasized that we have to show them how a cheating win hurts THEM. Perhaps that part can have a narrative that we decide for the redcaps. "Trump cheated on this vote because in his 2nd term he is planning to __________ and screw us!!!" All right out of the Rove playbook I might add.

R306, desperate times, desperate measures. I don't hate her, I voted for her. If you have an idea on how to get these lunatics to cooperate we are all ears. But you said in your own post, "They don't give a shit the election was hacked....It benefits THEM." Correct. So how do we get their hatred harnessed to pursue an investigation on this? I do believe Hill is safe or I wouldn't suggest this.

by Anonymousreply 30711/13/2016

I can't see 294. That usually means that he is another paid Boris.

by Anonymousreply 30811/13/2016

R306, I think their bloodlust for her could be used to expose this fraud. Ironic yes?

R308 its R294. I'm no Boris. Check your setting or someone else repost please.

by Anonymousreply 30911/13/2016

Yeah I'm smelling troll.

r294 makes no sense.

But tweeting journalists that may be interested is a good idea. Go to the sites Truthdig, Alternet, Vice, DailyKos, Crooks and Liars.

by Anonymousreply 31011/13/2016

Anyone serious about getting a non-US newspaper to pick this up, contact The Guardian. They have a big track record of exposing scandal, they have a lot of serious investigative journalists on staff, and they heavily supported Hillary. Also, although it's a UK paper, they have a big US/international readership. If they ran with this, it would get traction worldwide.

Put together as much serious, non-tin hat info on this as you can and approach them: editor, individual journalists. Try everyone.

by Anonymousreply 31111/13/2016

Thanks, r294. I'm not prepared to do anything to hurt Hillary until I know she is safe. Once O pardons her, I might consider it. But right now, as dumb as it sounds, I feel very protective of her and I'm not going to do anything to hurt her.

by Anonymousreply 31211/13/2016

You can also tweet Snowden. He has a twitter account. Ask for his help.

by Anonymousreply 31311/13/2016

R310 fuck off. Go tweak your trolldar. If you don't understand then ask a fucking question or offer more ideas. I think it is S.T.O.O.P.I.D. to use "alt" journalists to get attention. We need to use their own people (news) against them. That's it in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 31411/13/2016

R311 - Great idea. The British are also very nervous about the Putin/Trump bromance, so this might be the right way to go.

by Anonymousreply 31511/13/2016

R312, in spite of my idea, I too feel protective of her as well -- but she's a smart cookie and can protect herself. After the travesty of this election, she has once again shown her strength. R313, NO! The u hate him and view Snowden as a traitor!! That's exactly what we need to NOT do. This story MUST come from impartial sources....and now I posted again.

by Anonymousreply 31611/13/2016

R315, I agree too but we also need domestic coverage. You know how stupid most of our country is -- the bumpkins won't believe the limeys.

by Anonymousreply 31711/13/2016

If the international press picks it up, it will only be a matter of time before the domestic media gets ahold of it.

That's usually how it works anyway.

by Anonymousreply 31811/13/2016

Why so touchy 314?

Attacking someone for having an opinion is very Trump of you. You don't like it? Ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 31911/13/2016

R318, I hope you are right. Now I will tape my fingers together and let this thread do it's thing. A paste about some of the Trump-strategy which I sat we use against THEM (from the Politico thread, not my post):

She had every newspaper endorsement and still lost What does that tell you? People are not getting their news from newspapers, so you can't blame newspapers for her loss. They got their news primarily from the internet, not from sites like Breitbart and Drudge so much, although they provided the content, but from Email chains. Most of them people like us never saw because we aren't on their email lists. They had free reign to libel and slander and make shit up because there was nothing "official," and nothing with the campaign's name on it going out. Then Trump would use a line or two from one of those emails and it would make them remember. It was a kind of stealth campaign, as opposed to the televised onslaught - which to be fair, also favored Trump because more time and effort was spent on her supposed misdeeds than his truly foul record of crimes.

by Anonymousreply 32011/13/2016

Can we please not fight? This is important stuff.

by Anonymousreply 32111/13/2016

R294, you may be American, but you're not a native English speaker; your rhythm and cadence is off. Therefore I do find it odd that part of your plan is to blame Hillary unfairly. I'm not accusing you of being Russian, btw.

BUT. That shouldn't be part of your proposed "dirty" fight; take note that the deplorables never blame themselves:: that's how you truly fight dirty!

by Anonymousreply 32211/13/2016

R319 not touchy at all, but being called a troll when I'm not, is annoying and just wastes time. Any of us on this thread are going to be think-outside-the-box people so don't make assumptions. And actually, aren't you "touchy"? You accuse a poster of being a troll because you don't understand? Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 32311/13/2016

I think the only way to get idiots on board is to start spinning why Trump fucked with the votes and paint it as a portrait of them being lied to and being used (not far from the truth). Trump has already gone back on his word regarding things he promised to "abolish." Use that as examples that he's actually going to ignore them and help big business/banks, which is what screwed them in the first place.

Further, if this doesn't pick up we need to start pressuring for Impeachment immediately. The Repubs publicly stated they would start the process for Clinton the day she took office. Why aren't we fighting just as dirty?

by Anonymousreply 32411/13/2016

R322, I m texting super fast, I apologize if my "cadence" is off -- I'm in Chicago, born in Chicago. Having said all that, your point is well-taken. But my idea was just a brainstorm more than anything. My larger point is indeed to fight dirty -- I most definitely want HRC to be our sacrificial lamb. I am simply trying to think as though I'm them.

by Anonymousreply 32511/13/2016

The best thing "we" can do is look for information and evidence that the election was stolen by the Russians/Repugs and disseminate that information to whoever can/will investigate further and/or get the word out. Spread the word far and wide and keep the pressure up with the people who SHOULD be investigating this but probably aren't; journalists, the media, and others. Attacking Clinton would probably be pointless and dangerous too. Keep it above board: research, disseminate, provoke.

by Anonymousreply 32611/13/2016

We don't even have to fight dirty. Is everybody deaf? 1. Trump himself has said that "The election is rigged". Repeatedly. 2. He has also said that The Electoral college needs to go and that people should take it to the streets to protest The Electoral College. It's on tape, guys.

by Anonymousreply 32711/13/2016

I'm putting on my tinhat about Hillary's concession.

Everyone knows the Clintons have a left a trail of bodies in their wake. (This is fact, look it up) Conspiracy theorists think it points to them being evil.

I have a different theory: it's a warning to them to stick with the program. Or else.

by Anonymousreply 32811/13/2016

The problem I see is won't people receive death threats? Would people really want to risk their lives for this? People in power can pull off anything.

by Anonymousreply 32911/13/2016

So 314 you are 294 also correct? r298 questioned your logic which also didn't seem right to me. Appealing to people that hate Hillary sounded like a troll move to me. I'm entitled to my opinion.

I'm not trying to fight with you. I'm with the poster who said, let's not put Hillary under the cross hairs to bring attention to this. Let's use other means.

My apologies to the other participants in this thread. Didn't know expressing my views was a problem.

by Anonymousreply 33011/13/2016

I don't think Bill and Hillary are innocent, they are politicians after all. But, there is no way that their trail could ever equal TGK's .

by Anonymousreply 33111/13/2016

I hate Trump but impeach? No. Pence is so much worse. At least Trump is backpedaling on completely repealing Obamacare which goes against the grain of what McConnell/Ryan want. Trump isn't a bible thumper and once upon a time he was a democrat. We can only hope that he will continue to backpedal and stand up to the GOP.

We need him to not ever be inaugurated and for them to either appoint Clinton based on popular vote or declare the election invalid and schedule a revote. . We need a miracle. There is a lot of ammunition out there, though. The fact that she is so far ahead in the popular vote and the exit polls conflict with actual counts. The Russian involvement. The FBI. Crosscheck, The outrage. A miracle actually could happen. We just need to do all we can to turn the tide.....

Here is another petition to get them to do away with the electoral college. Apparently many states are on board and they only need 270 electoral votes and they are almost there. Again, it's gonna take a miracle... but right now I am just doing anything I can to contribute.

by Anonymousreply 33211/13/2016

R330, yes I am one and the same. I apologize to you. This situation has me too ramped up. Doont stop posting because of me please, we need you too. Again, I apologize, you are right to question, these are scary times.

by Anonymousreply 33311/13/2016

This thread is a real brain trust.

by Anonymousreply 33411/13/2016

R186 there may be some people examining this issue who would love your input.

by Anonymousreply 33511/13/2016

[quote]The fact that she is so far ahead in the popular vote and the exit polls conflict with actual counts. The Russian involvement. The FBI. Crosscheck, The outrage.

Exactly. Put it this way: if this was the result of an election in a foreign country and it was being monitored by the US, we would have immediately highlighted how suspicious the result was and probably how biased against Hillary the media and FBI had been. We would have expressed grave concerns about the result. But because it's our own democracy, we stick our fingers in our ears and look the other way. Maybe the only way the US media will cover it is if foreign media forces them to stop ignoring it.

by Anonymousreply 33611/13/2016

We're not really "fighting", r321. Just discussing what we think will/won't work to get the story out and why.

Just ignore the "you're a troll" and "no, you're the troll" posts.

by Anonymousreply 33711/13/2016

David Frum - a conservative - commented even before the announcement of Bannon: "People ask me, how alarmed are you? I answer, “Have you seen Spinal Tap? I’m at 11.”

He's the best person to contact if anyone has a good summary to send him.

by Anonymousreply 33811/13/2016

Putin offered to send election watchers to make sure the U.S. Election results wouldn't be rigged. I would like to repeat this: PUTIN offered to have his watchers observe OUR U.S. elections.

Did we all just fall into a coma after 11/8/16 and are suddenly braindead? Where is the outrage at this travesty? Are we paralyzed by our pride and belief in our perfect democratic system, that we cannot be objective anymore?

by Anonymousreply 33911/13/2016

R338, any thoughts on best way to present all this to Frum without sounding like lunatics?

by Anonymousreply 34011/13/2016

We need one of the most logical here to create a document summarizing all of these points, with citations and sources.

by Anonymousreply 34111/13/2016

No, r339. We're stunned and regrouping. Give us a minute to process everything that has gone down and get our shit together.

People on here are trying to decide who to contact, what information is needed, where to get the information and how to present it so it doesn't sound like a tin hatter.

There's just so much "weird shit" that went on but nothing really leads to anything else.

Where is the money? Whoever did this had to get paid. Or had to pay the hackers.

by Anonymousreply 34211/13/2016

Another Frum tweet: "The lovely American confidence that "everything will be all right" has itself now become a serious danger to everything being all right."

And Kasich's chief strategist has been tweeting about how dangerous Steve Bannon is. So not every Republican/conservative is asleep at the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 34311/13/2016

I get that R342 - I am one of those people trying to collect information. I cannot get over the fact, that so many people are actually questioning if we have a legitimate claim to pursue this. It makes my head spin to think that anybody would consider this GOP circus as normal and business as usual. It's sickening. People talk about respecting the Office of The President, can we respect our democratic voting process first?

by Anonymousreply 34411/13/2016

Also, I wonder - do journalists not meet up and talk? There is quite a bit of excellent research out there already, and maybe that would help connect the dots.

by Anonymousreply 34511/13/2016

Was this already discussed?

by Anonymousreply 34611/13/2016

Just in case it hasn't already been mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 34711/13/2016

The title of the article at R347 is:

"Edward Snowden shows how easy it is to HACK into a US voting machine with a £24 memory card"

by Anonymousreply 34811/13/2016

R338- I don't know if there's a way to contract Frum via The Atlantic - it's hard to find a direct link for him unless its through his twitter account. If someone can provide him with some kind of a summary about how the votes in certain areas don't "add up" he would probably have an open mind about it if considering it involves Russia.

Back in May, he did a interview on the Canadian political show "Power and Politics" and even then he was wary about Russian involvement - talked about Paul Manafort with the Trump campaign and he seemed concerned that during one of Trump's early speeches, the Russian ambassador was sitting in the front row.

Check out the second video on this link --- he talks about Russian involvement. He calls the Russian involvement "sinister"- starts @ 4:06. "It's disturbing".

by Anonymousreply 34911/13/2016

Frum: “The Russians have been trying to penetrate democratic political systems…..so far North America has been exempt, but the doors are open and burglars are prowling.”

Barton: “Well, that’s disturbing.”

Frum: “It is disturbing.”

May 2, 2016.

[so I would bet that Frum probably is wondering about this already]

by Anonymousreply 35011/13/2016

Frum is a good choice, an anti-Trump Republican. He tweets a lot, maybe someone could get in contact with him there.

by Anonymousreply 35111/13/2016

READ

by Anonymousreply 35211/13/2016

This may be viewed as a frivolous suggestion but would it be possible to use the celebrity twitter culture to disseminate this information? Obviously when you consider how many stars tweeted their horror at Trump's victory, would that mean some of them would be susceptible to absorbing this information and then putting it out there to all their millions of followers? Perhaps people like Lena Dunham, Kerry Washington, Cher, Madonna, Timberlake, Shonda Rhimes, Deb Messing (who I saw on one of the petitions I signed yesterday), Jesse Tyler Ferguson, even Kanye and Kim -- anyone who could give the issue a lot of exposure and spread the word (especially if enough of them do it, not just one or two).

by Anonymousreply 35311/13/2016

R242 here. The machines in R347's link were used in 45 Wisconsin counties. That would be a good place to start looking for hard evidence:

by Anonymousreply 35411/13/2016

READ AGAIN

by Anonymousreply 35511/13/2016

And just for referenc, I'm bringing down links to my earlier post and a few others that seem especially pertinent:

R186

R188

R242

R253

R254

by Anonymousreply 35611/13/2016

If you want to use the celebrity route. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga have been keeping up with the protest and everything post election.

Katy must be one of the rock stars of the election. I gotta give it to her. Girl hustled and worked her ass off to get millennials to vote Democrat (a losing battle in the East obviously) but she was a good soldier.

Katie's twitter goes black in mourning.

by Anonymousreply 35711/13/2016

Just saw this on one of my feeds. I don't know how accurate or reliable it is but hey, worth a shot? Maybe it should spread around?

From Karen Lewis: URGENT FOR HILLARY SUPPORTERS and people who care about election rules of law that were broken and elections tampered with effecting this outcome of 2016 both presidential and congressional: I just spoke at length with my representative's (a woman named Nancy Pelosi) SF office. If you're a Democrat in any state at all, you should be able to call her, because she's House minority leader. The substance of this call: the state of WI ignored a judicial ruling that they overturn and remedy some of worst of the new voter restrictions. 80K votes were missing after the computer "glitch" in Durham, which has NC's highest concentrations of African American voters. Both of those were states Clinton lost by less than the amount of missing votes. In both states, especially in WI, they may affect the downticket races as well. ADDED: 800K mail-in votes in FL were "never returned" according to the election board there. INVESTIGATE! Call your local party HQ PLEASE! Ask them to get an injunction in both states until this is remedied. Nancy Pelosi's SF office #: (415) 556-4862 FLOOD THEM with calls. Do it before 5:30 PST. At 6 pm, they give Pelosi a written concise of every call they've received. SPREAD THE WORD."

by Anonymousreply 35811/13/2016

This is about a movement that has been underway for some time.

It's for various states to throw all their electoral college votes to the popular vote winner. California and a few others have already voted it into law, others are already partly there.

by Anonymousreply 35911/13/2016

Wait what??? R358 please do a separate thead about that so we can research this at lenght.

by Anonymousreply 36011/13/2016

r358

That pretty much goes hand in hand with Greg Palast's investigation.

by Anonymousreply 36111/13/2016

I've never visited this site myself but John Oliver just mentioned Propublica.com on his HBO show just a few minutes ago, saying they do great investigative journalism. If so, perhaps it can be added to the list of possible outlets for this story.

by Anonymousreply 36211/13/2016

I don't see why R358 needs to be a different thread. It's pertinent to the discussion here and is an avenue to do something and/or call attention to what's been discussed here.

by Anonymousreply 36311/13/2016

"A woman named Nancy Pelosi"? Really? This is fake, right?

by Anonymousreply 36411/13/2016

R364 I don't know if the call to action itself is fake, but it's a possible avenue to pursue, isn't it?

The contact info is correct for her. All her other contact info is listed here:

by Anonymousreply 36511/13/2016

Some good information here about getting your Congresperson's attention:

by Anonymousreply 36611/13/2016

Of course the machines were hacked. Duh!

by Anonymousreply 36711/13/2016

Here is the paper that illuminates the fact that Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, parts of Florida and Wisconsin were hacked.

by Anonymousreply 36811/14/2016

Proving the vote was hacked and the results tampered with is one thing, but proving that it was instigated by or even just acknowledged by Trump or his team prior to the election is another thing and probably much harder to prove; but proving the latter will itself prove the former. That secret server that was supposedly linked with Moscow must be crucial. And look at the tweet quoted in r254 showing odd advice from Manafort about which states to concentrate on. Are any journalists still investigating Manafort? Is anyone still investigating that secret server?

by Anonymousreply 36911/14/2016

Jesus, in the swell of pussygate I forgot about the secret server. Is Eichenwald onto this development? Has anyone contacted him directly?

by Anonymousreply 37011/14/2016

I was just looking into the Trump "secret server" connection to Alfa Bank some more and it seems likely to be a false lead. If you look at the Snopes page below the explanation is probably an innocuous one. I think any proof of a connection between Trump and Moscow is going to be through Manafort.

by Anonymousreply 37111/14/2016

Do we really need to "prove" a Trump/Russia connection before someone with the knowhow analyzes the vote returns as per the histograms attached in the PNAS paper above? The White House and the FBI have issued press releases confirming Trump's direct connections to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 37211/14/2016

BUMP.

by Anonymousreply 37311/14/2016

If there was a concerted and centralized effort to tamper with the result and hand victory to Trump, then either it was done independently of Trump and/or his team or it was done with their knowledge. The Maggie Haberman tweet at r254 suggests to me that Manafort knew something which wasn't reflected in the polling data and given the results from those two states and how fishy those results are, it suggests that Manafort may have been in contact with whoever it was who was possibly tampering with those results. Proving the vote was tampered with is one thing, but the big story--the one that would have a significant impact on whether or not the result is allowed to stand--would be if it could be proven that Trump's people knew about it in advance.

by Anonymousreply 37411/14/2016

If there was vote tampering the count would not be allowed to stand regardless; Trump's complicity has nothing to do with it. Though it might make a better news story.

by Anonymousreply 37511/14/2016

I think some of you are focusing on the wrong thing and therefore, nothing will happen. You can't focus all your energies on whether or not Trump and his people knew about the tampering or who was behind it. You have it backwards. We need to prove that there was vote tampering and get people aware of it, demand an investigation be done, hopefully declare the results invalid and THEN figure out who was behind it.

by Anonymousreply 37611/14/2016

Snopes is not a legitimate fact checking site. Just fyi.

by Anonymousreply 37711/14/2016

Do you think maybe discussing subterfuge tactics on a public board isn't the smartest thing to do?

by Anonymousreply 37811/14/2016

Another avenue to try in order to get more attention to this is maybe contact Progressive Talk show Hosts. Stephanie Miller, Thom Hartmann, Bill Press, Randi Rhodes, etc.

But it doesn't really seem that anyone wants to do anything about this. Even here, the interest seems to be solely on talking about it rather than actually mobilizing and doing anything about it. Perhaps it's that nobody knows how to, but it's sadly the same trend I see on other forums and feeds.

by Anonymousreply 37911/14/2016

Someone just posted this thread which might be of interest:

by Anonymousreply 38011/14/2016

[quote]Do you think maybe discussing subterfuge tactics on a public board isn't the smartest thing to do?

Agreed, but that seemed to just be one person thinking out loud.

by Anonymousreply 38111/14/2016

My God, I've only just read David Frum's scorching tweets @ R352 which are worthy of DL, and make Ethan Coen's albeit fine piece sound like a church lady. Not that everything in that vein doesn't boost morale.

So much passion and focus out there has to make a difference. Unprecedented times, to which the 64m HRC voters will absolutely rise. "You lost, get over it!" Nope. This is a defining moment.

by Anonymousreply 38211/14/2016

All those with SIRIUSXM, listen to Progress 127. They're talking about this.

by Anonymousreply 38311/14/2016

Looks very suspicious not only Trump winning but both house being Repig.

by Anonymousreply 38411/14/2016

R383 can you provide any details as to who is talking about it and what they're saying?

by Anonymousreply 38511/14/2016

The problem I'm seeing on most of my groups and feeds is that nobody wants to be responsible for doing anything. Nobody wants to be the one to call in to a talk show or contact the media, etc. to get the word out. I'm seeing everyone else just encourage everyone else to do it.

by Anonymousreply 38611/14/2016

R383, Stephanie Miller this morning... Bringing up the Greg Palast article, voter fraud and Russian involvement. At work now so can't be too active on DL today but am listening and wanted to encourage everyone to listen. You can actually get a 30 day free trial.

by Anonymousreply 38711/14/2016

If anyone is interested, I've started a page of links just on the hacking issue. It's not even close to done but it's a start.

by Anonymousreply 38811/14/2016

R 388 Great work, thanks! Do you think, you could add a category for more articles about Russian involvement in this mess? I don't know how Livejournal works, can we send you links or post them on here to add, if you like?

This would be a great resource of articles to share on social media and with publications and journalists who care.

by Anonymousreply 38911/14/2016

Newsweek! You go, guys!

by Anonymousreply 39011/14/2016

Of course it was hacked but our NSA or CIA won't check into it.

by Anonymousreply 39111/14/2016

Samantha Bee did a segment on Russian paid trolls with interviews? I had no idea. It's all coming together now, they need the troll supporters online, because there are too few Trump supporters in real life, and the hacked results have to match the "public opinion" on Trump. That's why you don't see them out on the streets. I've been saying this all along, why do the media not make this front page news?

by Anonymousreply 39211/14/2016

A question for legal eagles. What are options in terms if a legal strategy? Can regular citizens file cases against voting districts or no? I would love to see us hit them from multiple angles....press, social media, lawsuits a la Brown vs. Board. I want to know how we can bring voting districts to court.

by Anonymousreply 39311/14/2016

R393 I've been asking that up and down this thread and across my various social media. Nobody seems to have an answer.

by Anonymousreply 39411/14/2016

As far as doing something about this election fraud, I've already started by writing a letter to my representative. Along with supporting documents, (samples of this thread, article on broken ID laws, petition to demand an audit), I handed my letter and documents to his staffer today. In which, they told me they will get in touch with me by the end of week.

Also, I'm going to contact my senators and newspapers with letters and supporting documents. So far as proving fraud, Russian hacks and Trump interference is going to be hard to do. However, broken ID laws, such as the state not following a judge's order is easier to do. It's also against the law. And, that would get an audit.

Of course, the states are not going to audit themselves. But, the President can issue a State of Emergency Executive Order for this audit to happen. But, nothing is going to happen unless we do something. And, thanks to Datalounge, I will be able to try.

by Anonymousreply 39511/14/2016

R394, I will start a thread and see if we can make headway over there.

by Anonymousreply 39611/14/2016

R394 maybe this will help us gather more info

by Anonymousreply 39711/14/2016

This could be a datalounge special project.

We have a few unhinged people on here so maybe this is a good way to channel that energy to a good cause.

Let's take our glory back from Twitter and reddit. Let the gays be the ones who righted this wrong.

We're going to need information from voting day. Go over every bit of data you can find. If you can't find the smoking gun, maybe you can find the bullet fragments

Carry on, soldiers!!

by Anonymousreply 39811/14/2016

I miss the days when DLers would hack people and bring us the gossip and the nasties of the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 39911/14/2016

R395 great start. Would you mind copying and pasting your letter to serve as a template and maybe others could use it to fwd to their Congress people? Also did you read the tips above from at R366? That person says you have a much better chance at getting your Reps attention by calling rather than letter writing.

by Anonymousreply 40011/14/2016

r371 Trump has a secret server. that's a simple enough message in and of itself.

Our robot minds have been programmed to react to that little phrase.

by Anonymousreply 40111/14/2016

All retarded Dems clutched their pearls when Trump implied he wouldn't accept the legitimacy of a loss, but look at them, now.

by Anonymousreply 40211/14/2016

The more people think about it, they more they think this was a hack job.

by Anonymousreply 40311/14/2016

R388

Great list.

Can you include that scientific study the PNAS article that is linked above? That type of statistical analysis is what is immediately needed for the "surprise" states. I also still think Harry Enten would be good to do this analysis as 538 will have the figures to hand.

I hope you are making an offline copy of all your information because you will yourself become vulnerable to denial of service at tacks if this picks up traction. It might be worth it to come up with an unusual but relevant make so that people, once aware, can keep searching for you on mirror accounts if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 40411/14/2016

Finally! People are thinking - it's becoming "a thing" again. Maybe if they can stop looking at Kim Kardashian's ass on Instagram and read a book instead, we could Make America Smart Again.

by Anonymousreply 40511/14/2016

Sorry- loads of typos. Make = name. Make yourself a recognisable but still rare and relevant blog name so that you can be searched for if you have to set up a new account.

Here is the scientific study

by Anonymousreply 40611/14/2016

This may sound stupid but has anyone thought of sending the links to someone like Katy Perry or someone else who has a large Twitter / IG following?

by Anonymousreply 40711/14/2016

Of course it needs to be looked into...the same as Comey needs to be looked into. But frankly, the Republicans have stolen another election, if evil is accomplished, Republicans are at the core of it. Personally, I think there should be a coup in January and at that point the house and senate should be cleaned out from top to bottom.

by Anonymousreply 40811/14/2016

R407, just my opinion, but I think trying to get a **celebrity** involved (at this stage) is no good. Who would take them seriously? But I think they could be used to help it spread, but my hope is that all the work we are doing here will get some respectable indie journalists to pick it up. Does anyone think it's worth creating another thread that is our "hit list" of journalists we want to share this with? For example, we can all come up with a strong list of US journalists, but our Euro friends may be very helpful in naming specific journalists across the pond who may pick this up too. If you think it would be helpful I'll start a thread.

by Anonymousreply 40911/14/2016

R409 well my thinking is that a lot of Americans are sheep and will start forwarding the message if a celebrity starts tweeting about it.

by Anonymousreply 41011/14/2016

R369/R371 my understanding is that the Russians "guided" the Wikileaks hackers and made it possible for them to penetrate theDNC servers and the Clinton campaign server. If a Wikileaks hacker had the guts not to be a complete tool and came forward with the specifics, it could be investigated. Or if specific evidence of voting machine tampering could be found that could be investigated.

In the Watergate days some enterprising journalists would be trying to get sources. But these days all they want to do is sit around and report gossip or theorize--looking at you Chris Cilizza and others. It would have to be a US journalist. Interesting with all his resources and sources all Glenn Greenwald is doing is griping.

by Anonymousreply 41111/14/2016

R407 is Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 41211/14/2016

R410 your point is well taken.

by Anonymousreply 41311/14/2016

So with it and hip!

by Anonymousreply 41411/14/2016

One public figure who has some balls (though a smaller audience) is John Oliver. I could absolutely see him carrying this story. Colbert? Idk. Stewart? Yes. Maher? Yuck but yes.

by Anonymousreply 41511/14/2016

Samantha Bee interviewed Russian Trolls... would she be willing to talk about this?

by Anonymousreply 41611/14/2016

Everyone should send a link to this thread to Lawrence O'Donnell at @Lawrence on twitter. If enough people send it, he will take note. He actually reads the tweets people sends him and sometimes responds.

by Anonymousreply 41711/14/2016

Hi! This is R395. After handing my letter and documents to my Congressman, there was no such luck with the rest of Congress. As, no one wanted to touch this issue. So far as the Federal Elections Commission, the Chairman, Matthew S. Petersen, was a George W. Bush appointee, so good luck there.

However, I did have luck with at least talking to David Fahrenhold of the Washington Post. And, he told me that he had heard similar things that we did. He also told me, if hacking, interference, broken laws, etc, happened, he wouldn't know what could be done. After that, I left him my name and number. And, he too said, if he found anything, that he would call me at the end of the week.

So, if you want to try the Washington Post, their number is 202-334-6000, ask for the directory, and say David Fahrenhold. You'll then be connected to him. You can also go on the Washington Post web page for more contact information.

Now, from my experience, you might get lucky with one Congressman, but that's it. The rest of them don't want to be bothered. You can try the FEC, even though I didn't, you might have better luck. And, a reporter, like David Fahrenhold, who is always looking for a good story, might be a good bet. Also, I still think that the Federal Government is investigating this situation as we speak.

But, other than that, unfortunately, we're on our own. I just hope that someone else had better luck than I. Again, thank you again, Datalounge for your help.

by Anonymousreply 41811/14/2016

R417 maybe instead of sending links to this thread.. maybe just send links to the articles. We don't need people who might be able to help get scared off by the unhinged trolls... we do want to be taken seriously, don't we?

by Anonymousreply 41911/14/2016

I called Pelosi's office as recommended above. It sounds like there are a lot of people calling so I think that this is in fact a road to pursue. If you have a chance and you care, please call and add your name to the list of people.

by Anonymousreply 42011/14/2016

I'm never one to buy into a conspiracy theory or put on a tinfoil hat. However, I truly believe this election was somehow hacked. There is just too much evidence. In this day and age, with sophisticated modeling and evermore precise methodology, it's astounding for so many polls to be so sweepingly wrong. Especially when the anecdotal evidence doesn't seem to provide justification for the outsized Trump support.

by Anonymousreply 42111/14/2016

Explain to me (like I'm a four year old) why Obama isn't ordering the DOJ to look into these election "irregularities." He's still the president--and I'm sure it's not lost on him that the results vs. exit polling are entirely out of whack. Or do we think that's happening right now, and they're just keeping mum until they can corroborate ?

by Anonymousreply 42211/14/2016

I can't explain it to you R422.. but somehow I don't believe any one is "investigating it" and just keeping quiet about it. I know someone said above that they were, but I just don't see that happening.

by Anonymousreply 42311/14/2016

OP here. When I posted this thread, I half expected to be called a crackpot. I spent a busy weekend offline (including protesting) and came home to read the amazing evolution of posts. Thanks to everyone who took this thread seriously enough to signal boost and contact people in positions to make use of the information here. There isn't much solace to be had since 11/8, but encountering others who refuse to lie down and be silent as this country falls into a dark hole gives me hope. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 42411/14/2016

Kurt Eichenwald is such a compulsive liar - he's told people multiple different stories about how he's been voting since 2000 (click to see all his posts). What an odd man.

by Anonymousreply 42511/14/2016

Aside from hacking Hillz had so much against her outside of the lack of excitement about the campaign. Voter supression, Comey, Wikileaks, I mean she was truly up against it like no other. Imagine how things would go if we made voting more accessible. Obama and Clinton should put that at the top of their priorities.

by Anonymousreply 42611/14/2016

I'm not in conspiracy theories because they always collapse under scrutiny.

But I am 95% convinced there was manipulation of the election results through electronic manipulation.

Maybe they're more like me out there...very rational people that don't buy this mathematical anomaly.

by Anonymousreply 42711/14/2016

My theory R422, after looking at that list of links someone posted upthread: The hacking stories started with Guccifer hacking into Hillary's emails, which the media spun as being okay because she "deleted" so many other emails. Then it was BernieBros accusing Clinton of hacking the primary election results. Then Trump ran with that and made it part of the Crooked Hillary meme.

Then the Russians were proven to have been hacking the DNC, and the US government accused Russia. Putin was snide, as usual. The government didn't reply to him, probably because of the potential to escalate.

Not only that, but the Federal Reserve got hacked! Other governments (the Philippines and Mexico) had their elections majorly hacked. I suspect the government asked the media to report that hacking couldn't happen, just to reassure the public. Can you imagine what the stock market would do if all this hacking was really understood by the masses?

Then the election results get skewed if not outright hacked. What's the government to do? They just reassured everyone it wasn't possible. Trump's win (or "win") was reported live so it'll look sketchy as hell if they take the win away from him, and the government didn't want the citizens to know the system could be hacked by assholes in Russia anyway.

So they downplayed the whole thing, immediately asked for everyone to give Trump a chance, and have now clammed up.

by Anonymousreply 42811/14/2016

The truth is liberal elites don't care. They benefit off of Trump just as the conservative elites do. Neither party cares about the people and this was probably planned between both parties. The pendulum swing happens on purpose to distract the public and keep them on the same issues.

by Anonymousreply 42911/14/2016

Everyone on this thread needs to get off their asses and use the phone. We've already been told in one article that staffers in Congressional offices are most responsive to phone calls. My guess is the same is true of media. Rally!

by Anonymousreply 43011/14/2016

r429

This is why a Bernie win was important. He was our chance to stick it to the elite, but we screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 43111/14/2016

That didn't take long:

by Anonymousreply 43211/14/2016

So I should call someone and tell them that Russia has hacked our voting machines?

by Anonymousreply 43311/14/2016

R433 there are many ways it could be presented so that you don't sound like a lunatic. I plan to say something like, "every one of my friends in this district are horrified, frightened, angry. And to top it all off, there are articles flying all over the place suggesting election fraud. People here don't trust even our elections now. If you don't show your constituents that you are willingly to these concerns seriously, you will be out next election. People are legitimately scared."

by Anonymousreply 43411/14/2016

Obama can't be the face of the investigation. The only thing that might work is if they do find real evidence he and Mitch McConnell as the most powerful Repug would have to jointly take it on and bring it to the public. Honestly, I think McConnell would prefer Hillary, so maybe there's a chance.

by Anonymousreply 43511/14/2016

R428 I didn't know the Federal Reserve got hacked. What are the details?

by Anonymousreply 43611/14/2016

Sorry, R435, but the only person that Mitch McConnell cares about is himself. He definitely is not going to help us, so, unfortunately, you can forget it.

by Anonymousreply 43711/14/2016

Someone could create a Go Fund Me or similar account to hire experts like the ones in R406 to conduct a statistical analysis. That could be turned over to multiple journalists.

by Anonymousreply 43811/14/2016

Did someone suggest bringing this to Mitch McConnell? Seriously? He's probably well aware of this and is rejoicing!

by Anonymousreply 43911/14/2016

I'm suspicious of all this stuff too, but nothing's going to be reported in the media about this without a smoking gun first. The numbers in Wisconsin regarding paper/computer ballots look suspicious, but correlation does not imply causation, and there's no way to know if hacking caused the extreme results, or if the same cultural/societal factor which lead to some counties choosing computer ballots also led their citizens to be more likely to jump ship to Trump. I'm not trying to be a concern troll, but this is not enough to break into the news, let alone cause the results to be overturned. Aren't there records of how many of each party turned in ballots? That might not be enough on it's own (people will undoutedly counter by saying that registered Democrats defected to Trump), but if you were able to compare those numbers to exit polls of the state, as well as compare them with turnout numbers/exit polls for other states without discrepancies, you might have something. Once again, not enough to get the election overturned, but enough to break into the mainstream news.

by Anonymousreply 44011/14/2016

I do wonder what Putin's thought process here is. Yeah, if he gets away with it and Trump gets into office everything has worked out, but if something gets exposed and somebody else comes to power, he's just committed an act of war against a nuclear power. That's a pretty big risk to take.

by Anonymousreply 44111/14/2016

Christ, has THIS been posted??!!?? It is "old" but I don't recall it being posted.

by Anonymousreply 44211/14/2016

Or this one?? I followed this thread from the start and did a flurry of posts after a while. I did NOT realize that this had already been picked up by MSM media weeks ago. I really believe this happened.

by Anonymousreply 44311/14/2016

R388 would you please add these last 2 posts to the file you started?

by Anonymousreply 44411/14/2016

Well done, r388! Mind if I share this on my FB feed?

by Anonymousreply 44511/14/2016

Some people we need to contact:

John Oliver John Stewart Frum* PBS - Frontline, news, etc? The writers of each article in R388 PHONE CALL to Pelosi, then EVERY Congress person in your district Katy Perry (jk ha!!!)

Who else? Many Of you have had great ideas on who should be on this list. Please copy and add your ideas. This can be a "to-do" list for each of us to do. And you know what? If it goes nowhere, you can at least die knowing you fought this, you did the right thing.

Because, you know, I believe we are stronger together and we will go forward together. And you should never, ever regret fighting for that.

HRC

by Anonymousreply 44611/14/2016

No idea why my list now has zero formatting. 2nd try:

John Oliver John Stewart Frum* PBS - Frontline, news, etc? The writers of each article in [R388] PHONE CALL to Pelosi, then EVERY Congress person in your district Katy Perry (jk ha!!!)

by Anonymousreply 44711/14/2016

I'm seeing more content related to this election being stolen everyday.

by Anonymousreply 44811/14/2016

I do think and hope that some news organizations will come forward with information if they find some. What would be their incentive no to? Unlike organizations such as CNN, the success of organizations like The New York Times or The New Yorker hinges on the idea that they are intelligent, critical sources of news and analysis. They gain approximately 0% of their support from Trump supporters, so there's no financial incentive for them to tow the Trump Party Line. There shouldn't be a patriotic incentive to "preserve the integrity of the election process," like there was with JFK, if the person interfering with the election is Putin. Trump and his people have EXPLICITLY threatened principles of freedom of speech that these organizations rely on, so why in the world would they want him in power just to make money off of criticizing him? They won't even be able to do that!

by Anonymousreply 44911/14/2016

Do we still have enough time to call Pelosi today? The post that said to call her was first posted 18 hours ago so I wasn't sure. It's not too late here for me to call if she is still taking calls on the issue.

by Anonymousreply 45011/14/2016

If DL gets hacked and shuts down over this thread then we're on to something. Democratic Underground was hacked on Election Day and is still down. Believe me, if they really did do this they're monitoring where it is being discussed.

by Anonymousreply 45111/14/2016

I hope some savvy DLers are saving all of the information on this thread. R 451 is right!

by Anonymousreply 45211/14/2016

This is going to sound incredibly tin hattish but I'm looking into setting up my own HAM radio. Because I have a feeling I may need it.

If anyone else here is on and would like to start a thread on it, it may be a good way for us to keep in touch. Or via r388's livejournal.

Where can we hide out on line?

by Anonymousreply 45311/14/2016

Another terrifying article for r388. If you read this techie people, what are your thoughts on the repeated mantra that "it would be difficult to hack into the voting system as it's decentralized." I don't believe that. Isn't a hack a hack?? So they would have to hack a few states vs. one system, I fail to see why this is more difficult but would love to hear from techies or electionjudge.

by Anonymousreply 45411/14/2016

R450 absolutely keep calling. As long as people are concerned there shouldn't be a deadline. The more people that call, even if it's throughout the week, the better!

I had friends tell me they called and the person who picked up knew exactly what they were calling about. It seems like this might actually be a worthwhile avenue.

by Anonymousreply 45511/14/2016

I am copying this to a few active threads (it bears repeating!);

This is from someone's tumblr and I think it's worth a shot.

"I live in Pennsylvania, and I just called Senators Toomey and Casey’s offices and expressed my opposition to the appointment of Bannon, and inquired as to the Senators’ positions. I couldn’t get through to Toomey’s Philadelphia staff, and the voicemail is full, but I called the Erie office (814-453-3010) and was able to leave my name, phone number, and address. I was told that Toomey has gotten numerous calls today, and has not yet made a statement, but that given the call volume one will be made. I got through to Casey’s Philadelphia office (215-405-9660), was able to leave my name, zip code, and phone number, and was told that, “the senator believes that we all have a moral obligation to speak out against any hate or oppression.” I was asked if I’d like a call back with an official statement, and said yes. I specifically stated that I was calling as a Jew and as a gay person who is worried about my safety and the safety of my friends who are people of color, people with disabilities, gay people, transgender people, muslim people, and sexual assault survivors. From everything I’ve heard, calling is the absolute best way to get your voice heard by your senator. Please take a few minutes and make a call. If you’re having trouble finding phone numbers, I’m happy to help."

by Anonymousreply 45611/14/2016

I was thinking about this and perhaps some good people in the Media to forward this information to and hopefully get them to talk would be Jon Stewart and/or Keith Olbermann?

Anyone want to try?

by Anonymousreply 45711/14/2016

The Trump presidency will forever be dogged by the rumors of illegitimacy.

by Anonymousreply 45811/14/2016

I called, r455. And started crying like an idiot. Every time I think about this, I start to cry. I feel like it's the end of the world. I know. I know.

by Anonymousreply 45911/14/2016

R459 I feel you and completely understand. Would you care to share what you said and how they responded?

by Anonymousreply 46011/14/2016

I just called and told the guy that answered the phone who I was and that even though I'm in Ohio, Nancy is the House Minority Leader and I wanted her to know that I was concerned about the election results. Specifically (and I started crying here) the missing votes in WI, the votes that were "thrown out" in NC and also the "missing or thrown out" votes in FL.

I also told him that I was concerned that my vote in Ohio was not counted because I voted absentee. The staffer was very friendly and gave me the name of my Rep (who I already knew and hate his fucking guts the pig). He told me to call him anyway and told me that he would put me thru to Pelosi's VM and that I should leave a message. I told him I would start crying again and he said, "just say what you can. It's ok".

So the VM I left I told her who I was and that I was calling because I was concerned about the votes missing in WI, FLA and NC. I asked her if she could investigate it or to bring it to someone else's attention and that it needs to be looked into because that's not how a democracy operates. Every vote should be counted.

That's it. In the background, it sounded like the phones were ringing off the walls. It sounded like a call center. I am hopeful that more people are calling about that. But who knows? I did what I could.

by Anonymousreply 46111/14/2016

Thank you, R461. We need more people willing to do what you did.

Who knows what might happen but we have voices and we need to make sure they're heard.

by Anonymousreply 46211/14/2016

You're welcome, r462.

It ain't much but I have to try, right? I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I didn't at least try to do SOMETHING. No matter how pitiful the effort. Beats the hell out of crying anyway.

As I said, I plan on calling my Senator and Rep tomorrow as well.

by Anonymousreply 46311/14/2016

Russian cyber-attacks could influence German election, says Merkel. Chancellor says Germany having to deal with cyber-attacks and disinformation campaigns on daily basis.

Angela Merkel has said Russia could try to influence Germany’s general elections next year through cyber-attacks or disinformation campaigns, after Washington accused the Kremlin of similar meddling in the US vote.

“We are already, even now, having to deal with information out of Russia or with internet attacks that are of Russian origin or with news which sows false information,” the German chancellor said at a press conference alongside the Norwegian prime minister, Erna Solberg, on Tuesday. Dealing with that was already “a daily task”, she told reporters in Berlin. “So it may be that this could also play a role during the election campaign.”

by Anonymousreply 46411/14/2016

This is going to come down to getting a direct link between the media and those analyzing the numbers. Earlier someone said that David Fahrenhold has been contacted. That's a good start. Has Andrea Chalupa made contact with him because it was her original tweet that called the numbers into question.

Also, David Greenwald on twitter - who picked up on Andrea's tweet- has been compiling numbers on a chart and he's gotten contacts interested in looking at it. Kevin Collier - a privacy/security reporter- has just picked up on it. So if you look at Greenwald's twitter, you can see a whole bunch of contacts.

You still need a Republican to come forward. David Frum looks like the best bet. He just did a Q&A in Toronto Life - his quote: "I think the Russian interference in the American election is so astounding that the mind can barely process it."

by Anonymousreply 46511/14/2016

What about Kurt Eichenwald?

by Anonymousreply 46611/14/2016

Also, when Frum heard that Putin and Trump just shared a phone call, Frum sent out this tweet- "The Russians just hacked an American presidential election."

by Anonymousreply 46711/14/2016

UPDATED CONTACT LIST FOR TEAM DL

PLEASE FORWARD OUR LIVEJOURNAL (W/ SUPPORT ARTICLES) TO ALL OF YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA CONTACTS AND EMAIL CONTACTS, ASK THEM TO PLEASE DO THE SAME AND FORWARD.

IF YOU LOVE AMERICA AND WHAT THE USA STANDS FOR, WE NEED EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS TRUMP TO KNOW THAT WE WANT THIS ELECTION INVESTIGATED. PLEASE PICK UP THE PHONES AND CALL EACH OF YOUR CONGRESS PEOPLE.

John Oliver

John Stewart

David Frum*

PBS - Frontline, news, etc?

The writers of each article in [[R388]]

PHONE CALL to Pelosi, then EVERY Congress person in your district

Kurt Echenwald

Andrea Chalupa

David Fahrenhold

Kurt. Eichenwald

Kevin Greenwald

by Anonymousreply 46811/14/2016

Not to be negative but I don't have much faith in Nancy Pelosi. The democrats don't care. They are dealing with all the backlash that they were somehow responsible for this catastrophe. This article made me ill... they want to normalize this.

Best bet is the media.

by Anonymousreply 46911/14/2016

Right, r469. Isn't that one of the stupid outlets owned by Ivakna's hubby?

Don't believe it. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 47011/14/2016

R469 I do agree. However, becoming the greasy wheels and flooding her phone lines (and others) will gather media attention in and of itself.

by Anonymousreply 47111/14/2016

R468 I really think Keith Olbermann should be on that list.

Also, I hate the guy, but what about Glenn Beck who seems to hate Trump?

by Anonymousreply 47211/14/2016

Contact the ATTORNEY GENERAL if you live in a blue state and the governor.

If you live in NC call Roy Coopers office.

by Anonymousreply 47311/14/2016

Look, more Election "miracles". All Putin supporters.

by Anonymousreply 47411/14/2016

Isn't it something the way the powers that be want us to accept Donald Trump as President in the same way they wanted us to accept another similar event 13 years ago - the Iraq War. You remember, the War that Donald Trump said was wrong. That is, 13 years after the fact he said it was right. And, just like the Iraq War, the 2016 Presidential Election has raised suspicions, too.

For instance, whether it be WMDs or IDs. Where, in 2013, America was lied to about Iraq having WMDs. When, in fact, the truth was there were no WMDs. But, there were trillions of dollars wasted and thousands of lives lost. And, though there was some opposition to the Iraq War, it was waved down with flags of glory. After all, why should America worry about the gory details of war. When we can trust the system. And, in the meantime, go shopping.

Whereas, in 2016, United States judges ordered various states to obey their own Voter ID laws. Only for those states to disobey both their laws and the judges' rulings. Resulting in thousand of votes lost and untold lives that still have yet to be wasted. And, though there's more opposition to the 2016 Presidential Election, will it too be waved down with flags of glory?

After all, we saw what happened the last time with the Iraq War. And, we're still paying for it. I just don't want to be paying for it with the 2016 Presidential Election. You know, I don't have a smoking gun so far as this election being rigged. But, I do have questions and there are suspicions.

That's why I'm asking for an investigation. If there was no rigging, though I doubt it, at least we'll know and have some peace of mind. If that's possible, considering that Donald Trump is President. However, if rigging can be proven, at least we can stop the damage now, before it gets worst.

You know, they say if you don't learn from history, it will repeat itself. I just don't want to see, in this case, history repeat itself again.

by Anonymousreply 47511/14/2016

Governor Pat McCrory tells supporters that they will go through the process of checking everything, including provisional ballots, after his challenger Roy Cooper edged ahead by a slim margin late on election night

by Anonymousreply 47611/14/2016

Is it time for part 2 yet? This thread is taking forever to load on my end.

by Anonymousreply 47711/14/2016

The Daily Intelligencer is part of New York magazine, R470. Jonathan Chait is trustworthy, imo. You might be thinking of the NY Observer.

by Anonymousreply 47811/14/2016

UPDATE #2.

CONTACT LIST FOR TEAM DL

PLEASE FORWARD OUR LIVEJOURNAL (W/ SUPPORT ARTICLES) TO ALL OF YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA CONTACTS AND EMAIL CONTACTS, ASK THEM TO PLEASE DO THE SAME AND FORWARD.

IF YOU LOVE AMERICA AND WHAT THE USA STANDS FOR, WE NEED EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS TRUMP TO KNOW THAT WE WANT THIS ELECTION INVESTIGATED. PLEASE PICK UP THE PHONES AND CALL EACH OF YOUR CONGRESS PEOPLE.

John Oliver

John Stewart

David Frum*

PBS - Frontline, news, etc?

The writers of each article in [[[R388]]]

PHONE CALL to Pelosi, then EVERY Congress person in your district

Kurt Echenwald

Andrea Chalupa

David Fahrenhold

Kurt Eichenwald

Kevin Greenwald

Your State's Attorney General IF you live Blue w/ Blue Gov

NC -- Call Roy Cooper's Office

Keith Olbermann

Glenn Beck

by Anonymousreply 47911/14/2016

r474

Holy shit. My jaw just dropped.

by Anonymousreply 48011/14/2016

R480 - The world is being conned by Putin, and everybody is just "surprised". Already emailed this to some news outlets, just in case they snoozed through the news....

by Anonymousreply 48111/14/2016

R480, this isn't a huge deal insofar Bulgaria's president is largely ceremonial. Also, there are historic and cultural / political ties to Russia. This guy's the former Communist, now Socialist, party's candidate. It's more important who will win the general elections and have majority in parliament. There may be early elections cause the current non-Socialist PM threatened to resign. The country unfortunately is a mess of corruption regardless of which party is in power. And people are very anti-immigrants and refugees, and there are issues with the ethnic minorities.

by Anonymousreply 48211/14/2016

Of course they hacked the vote tallies. We all sat there and watched it happening on television.

It wasn't even slightly hidden. It was obvious.

No Peace for PUTIN in America.

by Anonymousreply 48311/14/2016

The point is that there's another "miracle" candidate who was not very well known, who happens to be a Putin lover, and who has won the election. I do understand the history of Eastern Europe.

The British media outlets have been talking about Putin influencing European election outcomes quite a bit. Now, why would they worry, unless they suspect that our election was rigged? But they're not saying it flat out. Why?

by Anonymousreply 48411/14/2016

R484, the point I wanted to make is I don't think it's a "miracle" win in Bulgaria. There are lots of reasons why it's not a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 48511/14/2016

Wow someone in here knows the political nuances and demographic ins and outs of Bulgaria?

impressive

by Anonymousreply 48611/14/2016

I happen to have family there, R486.

by Anonymousreply 48711/14/2016

It doesn't have to be a "miracle" for it to be a Putin hack-job. He's successfully done it in Great Britain and the US. I doubt that Bulgaria presented him with much of a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 48811/14/2016

Yeah, R486, she just HAPPENS to have FAMILY there!

by Anonymousreply 48911/14/2016

What I'm saying is that Putin (Russia) was never out of Bulgaria to begin with. Even with the country tilting westward, getting into NATO and EU. Lots of links and interests (mafia, energy sector, old and new political cronies, whatnot) to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 49011/14/2016

POO!

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So much poo, so little interest in anything she has to say.

by Anonymousreply 49111/14/2016

THIS is how you get Putin's people elected:

1. Create "issues" around immigration and the economy 2. Poop on the current administration and the opponent with made up stories 3. Have trollsters online create 200 new social media accounts, enrage people, pretend to be supporters of a certain candidate, yell the loudest, and try to sway support your way 4. Rig the numbers on Election Day 5. Proclaim that everybody has witnessed a miracle Done.

by Anonymousreply 49211/14/2016

Glenn Beck is nuts, but he could be a useful idiot considering he is both anti-Trump and inclined towards conspiracy theories and the like.

by Anonymousreply 49311/14/2016

Thank you, R292. But, now that we know how Putin gets people elected, how can it be proven and what can be done about it? Maybe, the CIA is investigating abroad, while the FBI is investigating at home?

By the way, has anyone else contacted anyone in Congress, besides those from above like Nancy Pelosi? Also, has anyone else contacted any newspaper people, besides those from above like David Fahrenhold? If so, can you please tell us your experience? Perhaps that would help. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 49411/14/2016

I am contacting media outlets left and right with questions and links to current stories. Some have been picked up, even though I don't know if it has something to do with what I am sending them, or because some journalists are actually doing their job. I don't care either way, as long as we can get people to look into this further.

No thank you notes and cakes, if that's what you're asking.

by Anonymousreply 49511/14/2016

Thank you R495. No, I don't expect thank you notes and cakes, however, can you please tell me what kind of response you got on the other end? For instance, with my contact to the Washington Post, I did talk to David Fahrenhold and he took my information. However, I feel like it's more of a don't call us, we'll call you deal.

However, with my Congressman, no I don't want to say his name because I don't want anyone to know my location, it was more hopeful. As, I talked directly with his staffer. And, she promised that his staff would get back to me before the end of the week.

by Anonymousreply 49611/14/2016

The goddam FBI is in league with those mother fuckers, r494! They are the ones that wanted Comey the Commie to leak that stupid email story again. They aren't going to do jack shit. A bunch of entitled old white males. Fuck them.

The spooks got better things to do as well. Like get their people the fuck outta those places before that fat orange fuck goes running his mouth and outing everyone.

by Anonymousreply 49711/14/2016

Everybody needs to bomb Rachel Maddow and ask her to do a story. She is clearly disturbed by everything going on.

by Anonymousreply 49811/14/2016

Clinton conceded under the false pretense that she lost.

by Anonymousreply 49911/14/2016

I agree, R497, there's no point in looking to the FBI to do anything to protect Americans anymore.

They work for Putin now.

by Anonymousreply 50011/14/2016

R496 I have not heard back, I am sending emails instead of calling, so I don't know if I have received anything back today, since I have not checked my email. I did not mean to be sarcastic, but I am really just collecting good links and stories and sending them on to as many publications as I can, hoping that they will be interested to investigate further, and I am not expecting to hear back.

I think, if we all do this, and suddenly it's a pool of people vs a few single lunatics, they will hear us.

Hopefully I have not given Igor and Boris on here any ideas.

by Anonymousreply 50111/14/2016

I don't really expect to hear back from anyone, either, and that's ok. I know I tried. That's all that matters.

I can't just sit by and let this shit unfold without trying to DO something (besides cry like a stupid fat whore).

by Anonymousreply 50211/14/2016

Good old DL. This is the board I remember so fondly, pre- 9/11 we were the shit.

Somehow we lost our mojo but this thread shows me that old pioneer spirit that distinguishes us gays has not been lost. Most of us might be older and jaded, but at heart we do want what's best for our country and our youth. Maybe one day millennials and Gen z will appreciate our efforts.

by Anonymousreply 50311/14/2016

We need part 2, please.

by Anonymousreply 50411/14/2016

R501 remember what was mentioned upthread... they tend to ignore letters/emails and respond to calls so it might be worth calling too.

by Anonymousreply 50511/14/2016

R504 we still have 94 more posts until this closes.

by Anonymousreply 50611/14/2016

I'll do a part two when we get closer to the end, or someone else will but it's too soon now. This thread is not going anywhere.

p.s.

I called - and called - and called. Phone calls and written letters carry more weight. Emails are too easy. People who are really pissed off call and send snail mail. A friend of mine sent telegrams - just to make his fucking point. I didn't even know we still had telegrams but he says we do.

by Anonymousreply 50711/14/2016

Thanks R504 - I guess, all the links are slowing this thread down for me, and it takes forever to load. I will keep calm until we reach 600.

by Anonymousreply 50811/14/2016

They do, r507. Archaic as fuck but they're out there. IIRC, Western Union will send them. Not necessarily money only.

by Anonymousreply 50911/14/2016

Didn't Putin just send Trump telegrams?

by Anonymousreply 51011/14/2016

Trump supporters rigging online polls. Just another interesting find.

Fake polls.

Fake supporters trolling online.

Truly a miracle.

by Anonymousreply 51111/14/2016

"Oh, it's rigged folks, I'm telling you, it's rigged."

Yes, we believe you rigged it, Fuckface von Clownstick.

by Anonymousreply 51211/14/2016

Wow. Link below is from Fox! I copied this, because I wonder how soon this will disappear!

Look who consulted Donald!

by Anonymousreply 51311/14/2016

If you take ten whole seconds and do a search, there's no reason to link to Fux for that story, R513.

by Anonymousreply 51411/14/2016

Sorry if this has been posted, but this site looks promising for our list

by Anonymousreply 51511/14/2016

This might be a better strategy than getting electors to switch to Clinton:

"Politico said neither Baca nor Chiafolo is seeking the election of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Both vowed they would encourage GOP electors to write-in either Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio) or 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney instead."

We might have to suck it up and support Mittens if it comes down to that.

by Anonymousreply 51611/14/2016

bump

by Anonymousreply 51711/15/2016

R514 - I was surprised to see that this is from Fox news! Repubs don't believe liberal media outlets, right? I am trying to find more Fox News reports for our Republican friends. It's not a liberal conspiracy anymore.

by Anonymousreply 51811/15/2016

It would be a miracle if any of this gained traction. But I think we've already witnessed the "miracle" already.

by Anonymousreply 51911/15/2016

We are not alone with our suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 52011/15/2016

Baca and Chiafolo may not be actively seeking Clinton to be president, but that's what would happen if they swung enough votes to Romney or Kasich. She would win the majority. They have no power to swing all of Trumps electors to a single other candidate.

by Anonymousreply 52111/15/2016

Agree with r518. If Faux Noise is picking it up, then it can't be called just a "liberal conspiracy theory" or "sour grapes".

Are any of the broadcast stations picking this up? Seriously. Or is it all internet/print media? Because unless it's being BROADCAST, the mouth-breathers aren't going to pay attention.

As a side note - one of my FB friends has started a "Call your Rep" push on her page. Some people have already done so. Maybe a bunch of small movements will turn into a wave when it hits Congress.

by Anonymousreply 52211/15/2016

Has this link been posted yet? Russian hacker picked up over the summer for hacking into the DNC.

by Anonymousreply 52311/15/2016

Anyone make any calls today or have people lost interest?

by Anonymousreply 52411/15/2016

R371, the secret server that connects Trump Tower with the Russian Alfa Bank, is entirely plausible, considering shady Russians with links to that bank used to live in Trump Tower.

It's astonishing just how much dodgy shit surrounds Trump, yet the media barely bothered to look at any of this stuff. Instead, they were blindsided by the "entertainment" he provided. I'm half wondering whether he was being deliberately extreme and offensive in his rhetoric, in order to distract attention from his dodgy dealings.

by Anonymousreply 52511/15/2016

Quick question. We only call US representatives correct? Not state or local? Or all three? Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

by Anonymousreply 52611/15/2016

I don't know why people wouldn't be suspicious.

55% of the entire population is female, and 36% of the entire population is identified as minority. (couldn't find a number for minority females alone) And keep in mind most Hispanic Americans self-identify racially as white in the US Census even though they consider themselves ethnically mestizo or mulatto.

Just doesn't seem like you have enough percent of minority vote against themselves and enough women vote against themselves to install someone like Trump. Even if every White male voted Trump (which you know didn't happen) would there really be enough women and minorities to give him the votes?

I hope this makes some sense, I haven't had a lot of sleep lately and I've maybe been reading too much post election stuff.

by Anonymousreply 52711/15/2016

R526 if you can, call all three. Can't hurt.

by Anonymousreply 52811/15/2016

Call your state reps, state senators, governors, lt. governors, etc., as well as your reps and senators in DC. Call everyone.

It doesn't matter if they can or will actually do anything. The point is for them to hear from you and to create a climate of loud, active, attentive opposition. Make sure that they know - cooperation with this farce will be remembered by constituents and it will cost them.

by Anonymousreply 52911/15/2016

10-4 R529 thank you

by Anonymousreply 53011/15/2016

I called again today, r524. A different set than yesterday. Tomorrow I'm calling my local STATE reps and the governor's office.

Fuck this bullshit. I may put it on my calendar to repeat the cycle every two weeks or so. Just because.

by Anonymousreply 53111/15/2016

Another point should be the exit polls. The excuse for the polls being wrong is that Trump supporters were too embarrassed to admit they voted for Trump.

Yes, that might explain one or two polls being way off. But there would have to be some kind of widespread battleground state embarrassment issue if this were true. Hardly seems likely.

by Anonymousreply 53211/15/2016

What kind of stupid explanation is that anyway? People were ashamed to admit they voted for Trump? Why? Where's the shame in voting for a candidate if you believe that he's the better choice.

This would have been the first time for Republicans to be ashamed of something in the history of this nation.

by Anonymousreply 53311/15/2016

Called Pelosi today. They took a brief message and then asked for my zip code to refer to a local Rep and then gave me the Washington Number. Called it and was transferred to a VM.

by Anonymousreply 53411/15/2016

Re 534, I don't know if giving me the number to my local Rep was a good sign or not. I don't know if that means Pelosi is brushing it off and letting other people handle it or if it was to help spread the word via different avenues.

by Anonymousreply 53511/15/2016

R535 thank you. When I call, I'm going to ASK them if they that WHY. And Polly better give me an answer I like.....R531, my sentiments exactly. FUCK THIS. I might even call every day.

by Anonymousreply 53611/15/2016

R488 how do you reckon Putin "hacked" the UK vote (I am assuming you are talking about Brexit)? All our elections and that referendum are paper ballot only - there is nothing to hack. Russia certainly made efforts to influence the vote with the copious use of online trolls but nothing was hacked.

On the topic of this thread, amazing job by so many here and I am wishing you the best.

by Anonymousreply 53711/15/2016

R537 thank you for supporting us. I've always respected and recognized how important our relationship is with your country. But this process has really opened my eyes, all countries who stand against this need to support each other.

On a different note, just called CA, it's 630pm CST. I was transferred to voicemail and explained that I am very concerned about this election process and that I need to know what her office plans to do about it. I left my name and number. I will keep calling too. Start working the phones!!!! Here is a paste on her:

(415) 556-4862 If you live in the 12th District and have an individual problem with a federal agency, especially if it is time sensitive, please contact Congresswoman Pelosi's district office directly at (415) 556-4862

by Anonymousreply 53811/15/2016

I was thinking.. and this is a long shot because well, Republicans are awful and don't give a shit. But did it look like there were any irregularities in the Republican Primaries that one could reasonably assume were fixed by the Russians?

Perhaps if there were a Republican out there with power who really hated Trump they'd jump on this and help declare the entire process invalid.

I know, a Pipe Dream, but was just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 53911/15/2016

Mark Thompson from Make It Plain radio believes the election was stolen. He was a guest on Lawrence O'Donnell's show and said something about it. He also talks about it on his radio show. They have a Facebook group. Link below.

by Anonymousreply 54011/15/2016

While you're calling about election fraud, also add that you're appalled that lobbyists for foreign governments are right this minute on Trump's transition team, receiving the presidential security briefings! Say how much was made of alleged conflict of interest with the Clinton Foundation, never proven. While right this minute Gen. Flynn whose consultancy firm was recently hired by the Turkish government, is name-checked for a government post and is advising the President elect. Add all the people with Russian ties.

Also express outrage that the White House is becoming a subsidiary of the Trump Organization. Trump's kids who co-run Trump's businesses, have unprecedented access to government strategy and appointments. They have inquired about security clearances to continue to be on their father's team. This is nepotism in extreme and blatant conflict of all kinds of interests. Don't forget that Trump is allegedly being audited, and now he can select the new head of the IRS and thus influence the audit!

Urge your Senators and reps to oppose and vote down any cabinet nominee with even a whisper of such conflicts and ties. Drain the swamp right? Demand receipts!

by Anonymousreply 54111/15/2016

Thank you R541

I will keep in mind what you said. People, we need to rattle and make noise as if our life depended on it. The change has to come and start from us because we are alone.

by Anonymousreply 54211/15/2016

Anybody know off the top of your heads if US and state gov offices have skype numbers? I live overseas, but would like to call instead of emailing. I know, I know, Google is my friend...

by Anonymousreply 54311/15/2016

R540 it's a closed group. What did he say on O'Donnell and what are they saying on the group?

by Anonymousreply 54411/15/2016

Woah. Never thought I'd support anything Lindsey Graham does, but this is happening:

[quote] He says even if Russia's alleged hack helped Republicans, Putin and his country need to be held accountable for interfering in our election.

by Anonymousreply 54511/15/2016

Lindsey Graham's mom raised him a good southern boy.

by Anonymousreply 54611/15/2016

Miss Graham is here to lead the way...

by Anonymousreply 54711/15/2016

As far as I know, Graham was also one of the few Republicans who never actually endorsed Trump (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

by Anonymousreply 54811/15/2016

I don't trust Lady Graham

by Anonymousreply 54911/15/2016

My rep is tea party trump supporter who won in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 55011/15/2016

David Greenwald needs to get in touch with Lindsay Graham. Greenwald is the one making the charts and stats and trying to get it analyzed. Graham is the one that can push for a deeper investigation---and the minute that Trump starts to steer things off a cliff, Graham will be more open to bringing it to an investigation. Remember, Graham is the one who warned Republicans to get on that exit ramp during the Trump campaign.

by Anonymousreply 55111/15/2016

It just feels so hopeless. I still can't truly believe he won. I am the most realistic person in the world, and I still can't help but feel like there is the slightest of a chance that Russia affected the tallies or that the electoral college will give into pressure and nominate Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 55211/15/2016

Stop wallowing, R552, and take some action that may have an affect between now, 12/19, and 1/20/17.

by Anonymousreply 55311/15/2016

It doesn't have to succeed. It would be lovely but it probably won't happen.

What we need to be doing is establishing a record of opposition to this vote hacking as well as these security, election and transition team irregularities. We also need to voice our strong support for investigations. "These things need to be looked into" is a sensible position to take.

Miz Lindsey and the Senate can keep him in line with a few well-chosen committees. The House can do the same if Ryan has the stones for it He hasn't been Speaker for long, I'm not sure he can pull it off.

Steve Bannon should have a committee all his own. The sooner that man is run out of town in shame and disgrace, the better.

by Anonymousreply 55411/15/2016

Thanks R545 - I was about to post this - excellent news. Especially since it's coming from a Republican. I will contact Graham as well and thank him for raising this concern. We might not belong to the same party, but we belong to the same country.

Why not trust Graham? Did he hack into Hillary's emails?

by Anonymousreply 55511/16/2016

Something stinks when exit polls and official counts don’t match...

by Anonymousreply 55611/16/2016

R556 - Nothing matches in this election. We are supposed to believe that we have witnessed a miracle win, that Dems didn't show up, minorities voted for Trump in high numbers as did women.

Nothing adds up. Latino polls indicated 18% of their voters going for Trump, while all other exit polls cite that he received 29% of the Latino vote. Just one example of many that we have collected on here.

by Anonymousreply 55711/16/2016

I don't think I've seen this link on here--the David Pakman show. The discrepancies between exit polls and vote counts were way outside of the margin of error in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Florida. I'd suggest reading the link at R556 and then watching this.

by Anonymousreply 55811/16/2016

It's really difficult to read R556 and continue to have hope.. but we can't just let this happen.

by Anonymousreply 55911/16/2016

Another "coincidence", in this critical post election time, Democratic think tanks were hacked. Democratic Underground is still down as of today and only available for Gold members. Why?

It seems of utmost importance to some to create chaos for Dems, so that we can't act cohesively. Important websites shit down so that they can focus on getting their site up instead of focusing on what's going on?

Look at DL, not a political website but flooded by the paid trolls to disrupt. Why is nobody making a story out of the cyber attacks and distractions?

On an unrelated note, we need to get Republicans involved as well. Just because we disagree over some issues with them, there are some decent people who do care about this country in both parties.

Obviously the goal is to disrupt, instead we need to come together and work together to disrupt the people causing chaos.

Sorry, not running for office, just had to vent.

by Anonymousreply 56011/16/2016

* shut down obviously... not shit down, even though the shit is down. I want my spelling and grammar back! Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 56111/16/2016

[quote]Another point should be the exit polls. The excuse for the polls being wrong is that Trump supporters were too embarrassed to admit they voted for Trump. Yes, that might explain one or two polls being way off. But there would have to be some kind of widespread battleground state embarrassment issue if this were true. Hardly seems likely.

Agreed, r532. It's worth posting this part of the Greg Palast article again (linked below):

[quote]Exit polls are the standard by which the US State Department measures the honesty of foreign elections. Exit polling is, historically, deadly accurate. The bane of pre-election polling is that pollsters must adjust for the likelihood of a person voting. Exit polls solve the problem.

[quote]But three times in US history, pollsters have had to publicly flagellate themselves for their “errors.” In 2000, exit polls gave Al Gore the win in Florida; in 2004, exit polls gave Kerry the win in Ohio, and now, in swing states, exit polls gave the presidency to Hillary Clinton.

[quote]So how could these multi-million-dollar Ph.d-directed statisticians with decades of experience get exit polls so wrong?

[quote]Answer: they didn’t. The polls in Florida in 2000 were accurate. That’s because exit pollsters can only ask, “How did you vote?” What they don’t ask, and can’t, is, “Was your vote counted.”

[quote]In 2000, in Florida, GOP Secretary of State Katherine Harris officially rejected 181,173 ballots, as “spoiled” because their chads were hung and other nonsense excuses. Those ballots overwhelmingly were marked for Al Gore. The exit polls included those 181,173 people who thought they had voted – but their vote didn’t count. In other words, the exit polls accurately reflected whom the voters chose, not what Katherine Harris chose.

[quote]In 2004, a similar number of votes were invalidated (including an enormous pile of “provisional” ballots) by Ohio’s GOP Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell. Again, the polls reflected that Kerry was the choice of 51% of the voters. But the exit polls were “wrong” because they didn’t reflect the ballots invalidated by Blackwell.

[quote]Notably, two weeks after the 2004 US election, the US State Department refused the recognize the Ukraine election results because the official polls contradicted the exit polls.

[quote]And here we go again. 2016: Hillary wins among those queried as they exit the polling station—yet Trump is declared winner in GOP-controlled swings states. And, once again, the expert pollsters are forced to apologize—when they should be screaming, “Fraud! Here’s the evidence the vote was fixed!”

[quote]Now there’s a new trope to explain away the exit polls that gave Clinton the win. Supposedly, Trump voters were ashamed to say they voted for Trump. Really? ON WHAT PLANET? For Democracy Now! and Rolling Stone I was out in several swing states. In Ohio, yes, a Black voter may have been reluctant to state support for Trump. But a white voter in the exurbs of Dayton, where the Trump signs grew on lawns like weeds, and the pews of the evangelical mega churches were slathered with Trump and GOP brochures, risked getting spat on if they even whispered, “Hillary.”

[quote]This country is violently divided, but in the end, there simply aren’t enough white guys to elect Trump nor a Republican Senate. The only way they could win was to eliminate the votes of non-white guys—and they did so by tossing Black provisional ballots into the dumpster, ID laws that turn away students—the list goes on. It’s a web of complex obstacles to voting by citizens of color topped by that lying spider, Crosscheck.

by Anonymousreply 56211/16/2016

lets look at this way, in the last few weeks there have been major elections in the united states and in some european countries and some how in each of these countries a candidate who is pro-russia and was trailing in the polls somehow won the election.....HMMMMMMMMMMM

by Anonymousreply 56311/16/2016

I called my Senator today and HE fucking ANSWERED the PHONE!! OMFG. My fucking SENATOR answered the phone! I nearly shit.

I told him I was concerned about the missing votes in WI, FL and NC. I also told him I was concerned that maybe mine wasn't counted, either. He gave me the number of the BOE to call.

Then cue the tears. I told him, "you know you're the last line of hope for a lot of us now" and he said, "I take that very seriously".

by Anonymousreply 56411/16/2016

OK, ladies. I just sent Mr. Greenwald an email with a link to Miss Lindsey's story in the LA Times. I told him he may want to get ahold of Miss L once he gets his info together if he hasn't already.

We can't just say "oh, so and so needs to contact so and so". Send them the person's name and why they should contact him/her. DO IT.

Bring them together. We have to be the catalyst that makes the entire reaction start. We're flying under the radar because this isn't a "political" website.

by Anonymousreply 56511/16/2016

We are not lunatics and crazies. NSA take on the situation. It's serious.

by Anonymousreply 56611/16/2016

WikiLeaks' bias against HRC was so transparent it was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 56711/16/2016

Of course not, r566. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in an alternate reality.

by Anonymousreply 56811/16/2016

The problem R566 is that while the Russians hacked the DNC most Republicans won't care. They're probably happy about it. The bigger story should be investigating whether or not they hacked the votes and calling the outcome invalid. We have to make that happen. Sad thing is that most Republicans probably won't care about that either as they got their way and that's how they work.

by Anonymousreply 56911/16/2016

R563, I've been thinking the exact same thing.

There are so many parts to this. I wonder if certain parts of the GOP and Federal BI are actually in on this with our overseas friend, Putting on the Ritz. But if so, why?

by Anonymousreply 57011/16/2016

Power, r570. Absolute power.

They can rule the world and who would stop them? They can claim all of the resources, manipulate currency and send the poorest to fight endless wars. Read Orwell for a bit of insight.

Never underestimate the greed, hatred and general megalomania of people in power.

by Anonymousreply 57111/16/2016

Alright, let's say we get someone (reporter, politician) to take us seriously (David Fahrenhold, Lindsay Graham), what happens then? Yes, David Fahrenhold can write a story and Lindsay Graham can hold an investigation, but this election would have still been compromised (Russian hacking, broken ID laws). So, unless there is legal action taken, nothing will get done about it.

My suggestion, if this is at all feasible, is to ask President Obama to issue an executive order for an audit of this election. The Executive Order that could be used is 13603 National Defense Resources Preparedness. Granted, it's a bit drastic, but whether it be planes crashing into buildings (9/11) or computers being hacked (11/9), the United States was attacked. And, perhaps he can use 13603 to justify an election audit. Especially, considering how Russia already hacked the DNC to influence the 2016 election.

Now, if that is not the proper Executive Order to use, and someone can think of another order, please let me know. But, in the meantime, let's look at the justifications for this order. As, most people dislike both candidates (Clinton and Trump), think they're the worst candidates ever, and that they both did wrong, this would be a way to get at the truth. It would also reassure Americans that the US is not taking them for granted. And, that the US will do its utmost to make sure that the election system is not compromised.

So far as the candidates (Clinton and Trump), they might not agree on much, but they can agree on one thing. That with this order, they will be able to buy time. For Clinton, it will be to get the numbers straight. And, then it will be to see if she really won the office. And, for Trump, it will buy him time to get his members straight. And, then it will be to see if he can get them into office.

So far as President Obama, yes, it takes time to do an election audit. And, it will probably go past January 20, 2017; but, it is a State of Emergency. Though, the inauguration date was set with the 20th Amendment, in the past the date has been April 30, 1789 (Washington) and March 4, 1793 (Washington) - 1933 (Hoover). So, with this audit, yes, the inauguration date will, more than likely be pushed back. But, if it is, the next President will still be able to fulfill his or her term in office (i.e. March 4, 2017 - March 4, 2021).

Now, I realize that this is a desperate measure, but desperate times call for it. And, it's not like the US has not been through desperate times before (Civil War, Depression). I just don't want to see 11/9 turn into 9/11. Where 9/11 turned into the Iraq War. That cost of trillions of dollars and thousand of lives. Just because we, as a society, were too willing to accept the answers (WMDs) without really asking the questions (there were no WMDs).

by Anonymousreply 57211/16/2016

Which should come first, r572? The data showing the hacking? Or should we all just call the WH and ask Obama to look into this and give him the various bits of info we have? Because he can't/won't do anything until there is some sort of PROOF.

You know the thugs will scream their hateful heads off if they think their goody bag is being "taken away". Most of them don't give a shit about the Russians as long as THEY are in power.

by Anonymousreply 57311/16/2016

After what we saw with the letter before the election it's clear most people who would be in charge of an audit can't be trusted since their candidate won. Just because Obama is President doesn't mean everyone is going to obey his orders. This whole thing feels so fucked.

by Anonymousreply 57411/16/2016

Telling the vote, how else did a Russian hooker and her stupid pumpkin get in the White House?

by Anonymousreply 57511/16/2016

If anyone is going to be in DC over the weekend, here's some events where your message might be heard:

Thursday, November 17, 2016, 9am-2:15pm, the Westin Washington Paying for Progress: A Tax Reform Agenda for the Next President - FREE w/Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) and Rep. Sandy Levin (D-MI)

Thursday, November 17, 2016, 1pm, Upper Senate Park, Capitol Hill The People's Rally with Bernie Sanders -FREE www.peoplesrally.com

Friday, November 18, 2016-Sunday, November 20, 2016, Washington Convention Center RootsCamp Conference, organized by (Paul) Wellstone Action - PAY www.rootscamp.wellstone.org

by Anonymousreply 57611/16/2016

What's going on with Democrats in this country right now? Senator Graham is the ONLY one asking to investigate the Russian hack? Why are Democrats quiet on this matter? Why are other Republicans quiet? There must be some decent politicians who are concerned about everything that has happened before the election and even more about things that are happening now?

Are they just going to do nothing while this country is slowly turned into a white nationalist "Volk"? They need to stop talking about what can be done in the future and figure out this mess of apparent corruption.

by Anonymousreply 57711/16/2016

No congressional approval needed for Trump administration - they'll just do whatever the hell they want to do.

by Anonymousreply 57811/16/2016

[quote]My rep is tea party trump supporter who won in a landslide.

Anyone in this situation, you can still call and be a nuisance, not only about election fraud but also about Trump's team and appointments. If the rep is a Trumpster, go by what Trump campaigned on like drain the swamp, and ask if the Rep finds it acceptable that the transition incl. government secrets and policy, are in the hands of new and old lobbyists, some like Gen. Michael Flynn are lobbyists for fricking foreign governments! These are people who will direct foreign, security and defense policy while lobbying for foreign interests?!?

You can still call that it's unacceptable that a POTUS is advised by a racist and white nationalist who cannot be qualified for a security clearance yet is Trump's chief strategist.

Then there are the Wall St bankers currently considered for all kinds of positions. More examples come in by the second and you can add to your script and call again.

by Anonymousreply 57911/16/2016

[quote]Senator Graham is the ONLY one asking to investigate the Russian hack?

Gee, Miz Lindsey, thanks for speaking out about this NOW. Still, I'm happy that he is. He's also pledging to fight any effort to ditch the filibuster.

by Anonymousreply 58011/16/2016

R576, And the events just keep on coming:

Thursday, November 17, 2016, 11:30am-1:30pm, Breitbart Headquarters, 210 A Street Northeast, Washington, DC, An Emergency Rally to Stop Steve Bannon called Keep White Supremacy out of the White House - FREE, Sponsored by Bridges not Walls, Supported by Jewish Voice for Peace

by Anonymousreply 58111/16/2016

Nobody mentioned how Trump already had a major conflict of interest with Ivanka and her jewelry line? This is just the start of it.

by Anonymousreply 58211/16/2016

R582, there are at least two other threads that are specifically about the Trump kids and the conflicts they raise.

by Anonymousreply 58311/16/2016

If Putin is able to install enough of his friends in leadership positions in foreign countries, he'll feel comfortable pulling stunts like this one (and much, much worse), knowing there's no one powerful enough to object. It's already happening:

[quote]Russia says it will withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC) under a directive signed by President Vladimir Putin.

by Anonymousreply 58411/16/2016

And this is the guy who got to sit in on Trump's first full daily presidential (security) briefing. Maybe the Turkish president can offer suggestions on how to arrest thousands of regime unfriendly citizens, and how to hijack the press (after he arrests journalists):

by Anonymousreply 58511/16/2016

I'm not American and ultimately the US election is none of my business, but I just wanted to say well done to the posters on this thread who have clearly put a lot of time into this.

by Anonymousreply 58611/16/2016

You're welcome, r586. Somebody's gotta stand up to this fucking madness.

BTW - can someone start a Part II? Or should I just go ahead and do that?

by Anonymousreply 58711/16/2016

Please do, R587, and post a link here.

by Anonymousreply 58811/16/2016

Link to second part. I forgot to put Part II.

Can you ever forgive me?

by Anonymousreply 58911/16/2016

R581, New plan for the Bannon rally. Instead of being held at Breitbart Headquarters, it will be held in conjunction with the People's Rally with Bernie Sanders. Please see R576 for details.

by Anonymousreply 59011/17/2016

Petition to audit the 2016 Presidential election:

by Anonymousreply 59111/17/2016

Did anyone see this? I know Mitch McConnell was mentioned upthread as being someone to contact, but clearly that's not gonna do any good. (The "me" in this is Chris Reitz at the link, not me.)

[quote] MM: I think everyone just needs to calm down. I was reading something recently about the election of 1812 and about Jackson's election. Your students should learn from history. There has always been inflammatory speech around elections. This is not new. It's part of democracy and it's always been fine.

[quote]Me: That's what I should tell them? Don't worry about racism, life under Trump will be great just like it was in 1812?

[quote]MM: We're going to be fine.

by Anonymousreply 59211/17/2016

Thought I'd add this to the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 59311/18/2016

Thank you R593. As, an Election Judge, I knew something was off with the numbers. It didn't make any sense that that Hillary had so much more of the popular vote (1,401,496) while Trump had so much more with the electoral college (74). But, now it does. Thank you, again.

by Anonymousreply 59411/18/2016

Another article saying it was rigged.

by Anonymousreply 59511/19/2016

Demand an audit for tbe 2016 election.

Petition below.

by Anonymousreply 59611/19/2016

This story is so not over yet. By the time we're finished with his fat orange ass it's going to be in his epitaph

hehehehe

by Anonymousreply 59711/20/2016

Mary Jo Smith ‏@MaryJoLA 20h20 hours ago Los Angeles, CA

Do. Not. Be. Distracted. By. #Hamilton.

Call 202-353-1555, say you're an American citizen & want an election audit.

by Anonymousreply 59811/20/2016

Ruh Roh!

by Anonymousreply 59912/01/2016

R596 Thanks for that link. I just signed it.

by Anonymousreply 60012/03/2016
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!