Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bryan Singer continues to prove he's the world's worst homosexual by casting Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury

I want to vomit.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 198Last Saturday at 8:38 AM

Eddie Razaz would have been perfect

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 111/04/2016

Eddie Razaz. And he's openly gay.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 211/04/2016

Rami Malek is just not attractive. and certainly no bad boy.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 311/04/2016

Mr. Singer touched me in my no-no place.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 411/04/2016

Is this Malek guy straight?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 511/04/2016

Wow!

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 611/04/2016

I thought Ben Whishaw was approved by Brian May & Roger Taylor to play Freddie? Or is this a different project???

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 711/04/2016

Plus Razaz is a singer, he has some talent, he's not always a good boy, has an edge to him, has that dual culture Iran and Europe behind him. He practically is a contemporary version of Freddie Mercury, albeit on the smaller stage of Sweden. What is Rami Malek? Somebody's bit on the side?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 811/04/2016

Let's hope they at least get the buck teeth right.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 911/04/2016

Rami Malek looks like Carson Daily had a bronzer accident.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 1011/04/2016

I love Rami.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 1111/04/2016

If he's straight, I pass. Gay, I'll watch.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 1211/04/2016

I love Rami, too, and think he's very talented, but he looks nothing like Freddie Mercury and I have a hard time imagining he can pull it off.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 1311/04/2016

Eddie Razaz?! LOL Sacha Baron Cohen was actually the perfect choice, at least lookswise. Too bad he left this project.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 1411/04/2016

I think he left the project because he died in the middle of it. 😅

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 1511/04/2016

Cohen is straight. And it shows.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 1611/04/2016

Cohen left because the other band members wanted to have freddy die off in the middle of the movie and focus the rest of the film on how queen managed after his death. Like anyone gives a fuck about them. Anyway singer better give him buckteeth.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 1711/04/2016

Rami Malek should make Hallmark holiday movies.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 1811/04/2016

If he casts j.law in this I won't watch.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 1911/04/2016

Well, to be fair, Freddie Mercury didn't want to be called a homosexual, so he too was one of the worst homosexuals as well.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 2011/04/2016

Then forget this film altogether: gay or straight actor.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 2111/04/2016

Eddie could just send in this clip from years ago.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 2211/04/2016

And something more recent

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 2311/04/2016

I just hope they make the film super-gay, so it pisses off a lot of Freddie's fans.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 2411/04/2016

I doubt it'll make any money really like most biopics anyway so I hope there's plenty of gay in it.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 2511/04/2016

Gays should not be hired for straight roles, and vice versa.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 2611/04/2016

C'mon guys and gals. Its Bryan Singer we are talking about. Of course he made the decision on the basis of artistic integrity of the story.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 2711/04/2016

R17 I hadn't heard that. I heard that Queen wanted Freddie Mercury to be played sweet and innocent, not the naughty way, BRILLIANT Sacha Baron Cohen, wanted to play him.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 2811/04/2016

There be intense sex scenes in the film but an american is making the film so no one sex scene will be shown.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 2911/04/2016

Did Freddie Mercury have gunny sacks under his eyes the way Malek does? The film's gonna cost over $100m just to digitally erase them.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 3011/04/2016

What happened to Ben Whishaw? I was only going to see this movie because he was in it. I couldn't care less about Rami Schmami.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 3111/04/2016

Couldn't Tim O'Tay have played Freddie?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 3211/04/2016

No.,

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 3311/04/2016

[quote] What happened to Ben Whishaw? I was only going to see this movie because he was in it. I couldn't care less about Rami Schmami.

Same here. I only want to see adorable Ben. I couldn't care less about Mercury actually.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 3411/04/2016

You've all been misinformed.

Harry Styles has the role.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 3511/04/2016

Mercury had one of the most incredible voices in music history. The role needs someone who is a fantastic singer, which I don't think Malek is. I like him on Mr. Robot, but he is a very specific type of actor. I don't see him as FM.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 3611/04/2016

Always thought Adam Lambert would be perfect to portray Freddie; Adam has a terrific voice and vamp with the best of them.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 3711/04/2016

Adam can't act but obviously he can sing Freddie's parts as he went on tour with Queen.

I wonder how much they'll include about AIDS. Freddie was singing with KS on his neck and arms during his final tour.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 3811/04/2016

You know Adam can't act?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 3911/04/2016

r35 Where are the SJWS tearing him apart for accepting a POC role? Will Bryan Singer get out of this scrape alive or will he too be exposed!

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 4011/04/2016

[quote] Will Bryan Singer get out of this scrape alive or will he too be exposed!

Mr. Singer 'sposed himself to me.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 4111/04/2016

Um is middle eastern just like freddy was, this ain't white washing if anything it's brown washing considering fred was pretty pale.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 4211/04/2016

Bryan Singer is a pederast and a rapist. How can you justify watching any of his movies?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 4311/04/2016

bryan singer: aspies? sociopath?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 4411/04/2016

Eddie Razaz? Who the fuck is that nobody? Hollywood and the world don't even know of his existence. The lone fangurl can fuck off.

Re casting: Interesting casting. There better be gay sex, and I hope Bryan is smart enough to know that. Will this be Bryan's first prestige project? He has been doing Superhero films for almost a decade now.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 4511/04/2016

[quote]Rami Malek is just not attractive. and certainly no bad boy

Your problem is that you don't think Rami Malek is attractive? Are you aware this is the role of Freddy Mercury? Have you ever seen pictures of Freddy Mercury? Or are you legally blind? Freddy Mercury was not attractive

And no Malek is probably not a bad boy in real life. And this may be shocking to you, but actors don't have to actually have the same characteristics and flaws as the people they portray. Actors who portray killers in movies aren't really killers. I hate to burst your bubble, but acting is pretending

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 4611/04/2016

harry can't play freddie merury..HE will be a woman soon and Razzaz probably didn't have a younger brother for Singer to bed so it went to Rami Malek

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 4711/04/2016

I love Rami but isn't he too short?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 4811/05/2016

Much more worried about Bryan Singer than Rami Malek. Malek can act. Singer hasn't shown a talent for anything more than lowbrow CGI bombast.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 4911/05/2016

I thought I read that Brian and Roger wanted an homogenized version of Freddie's life?? I doubt Bryan Singer would want any part of that.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 5011/05/2016

[quote]Bryan Singer continues to prove he's the world's worst homosexual by casting Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury

Who's the second worst?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 5111/05/2016

r15 ben affleck

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 5211/05/2016

Tilda Swinton was robbed! I guess I should be happy they didn't whitewash this yet.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 5311/05/2016

I agree that Sacha Baron Cohen would be ideal casting.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 5411/05/2016

Why didn't Freddie get his teeth fixed?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 5511/05/2016

Does anyone care whether or not Rami can sing? I haven't found any evidence that he can. He sounds like shit in the one thing I did find.

He's only 1 inch shorter than Freddie Mercury was -- at least according to publicly available data. But he looks really short to me.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 5611/05/2016

Seriously, what's with the bags under his eyes.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 5711/05/2016

Well, duh. Thanks to Mr. Robot Rami Malek has name recognition. That's why he gets cast and not some nobody. You always go with the guy with the name recognition unless he asks for too much money.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 5811/05/2016

R49 The usual suspects is what put him on the map, he also made misses kevin spacey an oscar winning actress. He ain't no zch snyder at least.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 5911/05/2016

Malek is a terrible actor. He's always got the deer in the headlights look in everything he does. His performances are like watching an autistic trying to act. He's the number one reason I can't stand Mr. Robot although other reasons are not that far behind.

Honestly, I can't see what Singer was thinking here. The only thing going for Malek as Mercury is his weird face, and that's really not enough.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 6011/05/2016

I'm not sure why people think Rami Malek is talented. Will he take his hoodie off?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 6111/05/2016

I'm sure he's going to have to lip sync to Queen songs.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 6211/05/2016

[quote]He's only 1 inch shorter than Freddie Mercury was -- at least according to publicly available data. But he looks really short to me.

That's because he is short despite what his agent has put on imdb.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 6311/05/2016

I wonder if rami was unconscious when he did he screen test for singer

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 6411/05/2016

Styles can sing and act and he has the right height and build. He's going to wear a prosthetic to emulate Freddie's overbite. Styles is actually too pretty for the role, but it'll be easy enough to uglify him slightly. He'll wear brown contacts and dye his hair.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 6511/05/2016

the sjw tumblr fraus will crucify Styles if he gets the part. The only way he can escape their wrath is to transition into a woman which he is doing soo

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 6611/05/2016

No project associated with Bryan Singer will ever be "prestige"

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 6711/05/2016

Eddie Razaz also starred in the DL thread for especially beautiful men because of this photo.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 6811/05/2016

Nobody is going to see a movie because Rami Malek is in it. Nobody.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 6911/05/2016

Who is shilling for this Eddie nobody? You really think Hollywood execs will okay millions of dollars starring a no-name? At least Rami Malek can act.

A younger Sacha Baron would have been perfect because he has all the mannerisms of Freddie.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 7011/05/2016

They will if they want to make money R70. They aren't going to make money with Rami Malek. Of course they would make money with Styles, but it would be forgotten in a year.

Freddie Mercury's background was so unusual, both incredibly cosmopolitan and incredibly insular, that I don't see anyone involved with this project doing it justice. They don't understand Freddie. His life is a Persian tale, not an English, African, or Indian one.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 7111/05/2016

Project Trainwreck, the only interest now being how many carriages and fatalities. To have a chance of succeeding the film would need vital English input for the feel of the glamrock era when Queen made their brilliant entrance. Don't know who the screenwriter is, but he/she is bound to be restricted by the micro-managing band survivors.

The edge and intelligence Baron Cohen would have brought might have given the film a fighting chance. As it is, I'm left wondering how badly Singer fails at portraying Queen at Live Aid, Mercury's (sensational) finest hour. How can that be improved upon?

I now await the announcement that Kenneth Branagh is to direct a biopic about Prince, starring David Oyelowo.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 7211/05/2016

You like?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 7311/05/2016

If the remaining members of Queen are comfortable with having the band's legacy associated with Singer then they are clearly so wealthy they have lost the ability to give a shit about anything. Well, apart from badgers in May's case.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 7411/05/2016

Smile:

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 7511/05/2016

Brian May and the rest of Queen are fucking ruining the movie!

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 7611/05/2016

I hadn't thought of Adam Lambert but he might be great though he might be a bit too good looking. FM was not. Although it was generally terrible, Adam did well as Eddie in the TV Rocky Horror.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 7711/06/2016

[quote]If the remaining members of Queen are comfortable with having the band's legacy associated with Singer then they are clearly so wealthy they have lost the ability to give a shit about anything. Well, apart from badgers in May's case.

Singer is a great director although he needs a good screenplay for things to work out. I'm assuming you're talking about Singer being a chickenhawk. Well, if the guys he fucks are over 16 I don't really care. I'm tired of the constant frau rage here about openly gay Hollywood directors. Practically all out gay men in Hollywood have been accused of being pedos by the hysterical straight females here. One can guess what's behind it.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 7811/06/2016

[quote]Um is middle eastern just like freddy was, this ain't white washing if anything it's brown washing considering fred was pretty pale.

R42: Um, no, Freddie (with an "i" and an "e") was not "middle eastern". He was Parsi.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 7911/06/2016

This is such a dumb project. Singer is too conventional a filmmaker. Todd Hayes would been the man, but in a way Velvet Goldmine has already covered the essence of this story.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 8011/06/2016

I've been well aware this movie will be garbage since Baron Cohen left the project. It was bad enough that he left, but his reasons put the nails in the coffin for me. Who wants to see Freddie Mercury Disney style? Hyping this casting ("hey look we're not whitewashing!") is just a way to get people to give this mess a second look. Probably a fairly effective way, tbh. But I'm still not going to see it unless it's actually about his life, gets an R rating, AND gets good reviews.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 8111/06/2016

Rami looks like a bush baby.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 8211/06/2016

After seeing him next to Christian Slater, who is a good 2 inches taller than him, I think that he's closer to 5'6".

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 8311/06/2016

Is Milos Forman still active? He does the best bio films.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 8411/06/2016

I was alive and out and buying music in the 1970s, but somehow I never heard anything by Queen until the 1990s, when the internet came to my house. I recognized "Bohemian Rhapsody," but I don't think anything else. And this guy was gay? I wonder how I managed not to know about him/them.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 8511/06/2016

Well you must be from Myanmar then because everybody heard "We are the Champions."

Freddie was stunning looking, nobody thought he was "ugly.". Back in those days being striking was more important than looking symmetrical adn average, particularly in rock and roll. Yeah he was born in fucking Zanzibar where dental care was not on a high level. His dad was British Empire bureaucrat, he spent nine years at a boarding school for Anglos outside Bombay during early years of Indian independence after the crash of British prestige, and then he moved back to Zanzibar before moving to England in 1964 at the age of 18, going to college and working shit jobs until his career took off. He came from an insular, isolated, racist, proud community, was barely parented, lived off the debris of a failed empire, before moving to the font of the Empire with his shattered parents to start again at 18. He'd already lived enough for about three biopics before he started Queen, a "coming out" so bold that it simply sailed over most people's heads, including gay people.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 8611/06/2016

Sasha Baron is obnoxious and can't act, who thought he should play Freddie Mercury is beyond the joke?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 8711/06/2016

Sasha is a horrendous actor, and not goodlooking.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 8811/06/2016

R79:

[quote]The Parsis, whose name means "Persians", are descended from Persian Zoroastrians who emigrated to India to avoid religious persecution by the Muslims.

Iranian, therefore Middle Eastern.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 8911/06/2016

In a way he was like an Obama, someone who would never "belong" anywhere but who could make it with an iron self-discipline. And thats why the Queen bandmates could remember has a sensitive boy scout while he came off onstage like a fire-breathing revolutionary. He kept it all out of sight. An exile not just from Africa and India but from family, culture, female best friend and caretaker, his body, even himself. He was the exile of exiles of exiles and that in a weird way anchored him in the Persian diaspora, a British Empire that had long been dead, and a future gay community that wouldn't have his assertiveness until twenty years after he was dead.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 9011/06/2016

[quote]Well you must be from Myanmar then because everybody heard "We are the Champions."

Well color me Burmese. I've heard "We Are the Champions," of course. I always thought of it as a sports anthem, and waited patiently for the next song to come on, wherever and whenever. I guess I didn't know who it was by.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 9111/06/2016

The real problem is this project is forbidden from delving into any unsavory parts of Freddiew Mercury's lifestyle. They want a nice puff piece. They also want it to have focus on the band after his death. That is why Sasha Baron Cohen left. He could see this project was a joke.

It doesn't matter who is cast in the role. This project is doomed from the start. That is the real story, not Rami or Singer.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 9211/06/2016

[quote]this project is forbidden from delving into any unsavory parts of Freddie Mercury's lifestyle.

Forbidden by whom?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 9311/06/2016

The surviving members of Queen, Rose

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 9411/06/2016

[quote]That is why Sasha Baron Cohen left. He could see this project was a joke.

I could see Sasha Baron Cohen as being a joke. Glad he left the project.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 9511/06/2016

You probably heard "Another One Bites the Dust" also.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 9611/06/2016

Thanks, R96. That's another song I kind of hated.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 9711/06/2016

"Killer Queen" and "Fat Bottom Girls"

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 9811/06/2016

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love"

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 9911/06/2016

Bryan Singer isn't homosexual but bisexual and currently with Michelle Clunie.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 10011/06/2016

r98 r99 I don't remember "Killer Queen." I thought "Fat Bottomed Girls" was a country song. But I only remember the opening/chorus (or whatever the correct name is). I do remember "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," though. I didn't like it enough to buy it.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 10111/06/2016

Eddie Razaz' album is No. 1 n Spain now. And he just made his acting debut in a Swedish film, you can see him naked in this clip starting at 22:48 Hollywood people are just stupid, that's the real truth.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 10211/06/2016

So his personal life is off limits then? Yawn this movie will lack everything that made him interesting. It'll be the generic tired rags to riches story I bet.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 10311/06/2016

What is the connection with this Eddie Razaz character, R102? You just decided that he should play Freddie Mercury? No doubt anyone is better than Malek but the reality is no one has ever heard of this Razaz.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 10411/06/2016

[quote] So his personal life is off limits then? Yawn this movie will lack everything that made him interesting. It'll be the generic tired rags to riches story I bet.

Why is it so hard to make a decent biopic of a famous person?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 10511/06/2016

R89: I don't need a lesson in what Parsis are. I am one. Parsis, yes, descend from Persian Zoroastrian ancestors, who fled the Muslim invasions and landed in what is modern day India in the 9th and 10th C AD. More conservative Parsis believe they are "pure" and have never "mixed" with other Indians or allowed intermarriage, but any progressive, reasonable Parsi knows there has been plenty of 'mixing' over the years and that most modern-day Parsis are not 'purely' of Persian descent. DNA tests have proven that. Anyway, speaking for myself, given the extremely limited pool of actual Parsi actors, I think it's perfectly acceptable to cast an actor of any South Asian or Arab or Persian background who can look the part.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 10611/06/2016

Rami is of Greek descent.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 10711/07/2016

R104 lots of people have heard of Eddie Razaz, especially in comparison to Rami Malek. Why are you defending the insularity and ignorance of a lowlife like Bryan Singer?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 10811/07/2016

Freddie was covered in KS like a leopard when he died. Will they include that?

Tumblr fraus worship Harry Styles - one of the Larries is called freddieismyqueen. They would be overjoyed to see him playing Freddie and having sex with men. It would make their lives seeing Styles pretend to be gay, believe me.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 10911/07/2016

Give me a break!

Eddie Razaz is unknown to America or any other place. lol In what world is Rami Malek less famous than a nobody noone has even heard of outside of his family?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 11011/07/2016

Casting a str8 guy as Freddie Mercury would be like casting Sean Penn as Harvey Milk. Or Michael Douglas and Matt Damon as Liberace and Scott Thorson. Or Daniel Massey as Noel Coward. In other news, Hollywood thinks it's still 1968.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 11111/07/2016

It's easier to market a straight man as gay, sadly.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 11211/07/2016

A lot of people think Styles is gay, so it shouldn't matter too much. He has a lot of swagger and stage presence, though they may have to fake the very high notes. They are about the same height and build.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 11311/07/2016

Casting Sasha would have been a joke, and I would have moved to an island if he was cast as Mercury.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 11411/07/2016

Russell Brand might be in the running too.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 11511/07/2016

NOOOO, not Russell Brand...I will leave the US if THAT happens!!

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 11611/07/2016

Russell Brand looks a hell of a lot more like him than any of the other suggestions.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 11711/07/2016

Here's a recent photo of Harry doing his best Freddie impression.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 11811/07/2016

Harry looks great in that photo, almost Freddie like. OTOH, Russell Brand looks like crap.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 11911/07/2016

I didn't think Styles could look like Freddie at all until I saw that photo.

Christopher Nolan swears up and down that Styles is an excellent actor and maybe he's right.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 12011/07/2016

That photo of Harry says Freddie Mercury all over.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 12111/07/2016

Styles has the most edible looking mouth in that pic.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 12211/07/2016

What about Zayn Malik? Too pretty?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 12311/07/2016

Too many tats, r123. And, he's just too strange a person.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 12411/07/2016

Zayn is too skinny and small and looks too much like himself. Styles has a chameleon like quality and can carry off a few different looks. Plus, we have no evidence of Malik's acting chops and he had ZERO stage presence in One Direction. He just stood there while Styles pranced around.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 12511/07/2016

I just found out about this casting! What happened to Ben Wishaw? The show I was watching dared to call Rami Freddie's "lookalike". Ummm no.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 12601/12/2017

Harry styles can play the trick that gave Mercury AIDS. That's the only range he has.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 12701/12/2017

I read online that the movie is about Queens formative years, not solely about Freddie. I'm guessing the surviving members will focus the film on themselves. Also, Rami said he will sing some in the movie.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 12801/12/2017

R55 I have an English friend that refers to FM as "the voice that orthodontia would have ruined." Yes, the times were different aesthetically, but perhaps he also didn't want to jeopardize his voice. He was still extremely sexy.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 12901/12/2017

Not really

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 13002/09/2017

It's official!

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 13107/14/2017

This will be horrible. I predict!

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 13207/14/2017

Do you think Rami has the range to pull it off?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 13307/14/2017

No; thus the prediction. It will be bad.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 13407/14/2017

I'll bet Rami has a nice, smooth anus

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 13507/14/2017

Styles looks nothing like Mercury. Malek looks nothing like Mercury. And he's Egyptian not Greek. And he's gay, but I'm not sure how closeted.

Why would Freddie Mercury interrupt his career to wear headgear for five years? How is it even a question of why he didn't fix his teeth?

No one wants to see a movie about Queen, the band, minus the debauchery. That would be like making a movie ostensibly about Janis Joplin, but skipping over all of her addiction and personality issues and focusing on what Big Brother & The Holding Company did after she left them for her Kozmic Blues touring band.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 13607/14/2017

He probably can't act but Joe Jonas is a ringer for Mercury here, performing Total Eclipse of the Heart with Bonnie Tyler during the recent eclipse.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 13709/03/2017

God, the hysterical queens are everywhere. Malek has enough of a resemblance to play the part. Ever hear of movie makeup?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 13809/03/2017

I always thought that was rubbish, fixing his jacked teeth. Wouldn't have changed the way he singed.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 13909/03/2017

Nobody needs a Freddie Mercury movie. We can all just watch videos of him/Queen, including interviews. No movie will show the outrageous parties Freddie used to throw.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 14009/03/2017

Singer only lust casted ben hardy in a main role, surprised how restrained he was.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 14109/04/2017

This better have some explicit gay sex

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 14209/04/2017

R7 the Ben Wishaw thing unfortunately fell through.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 14309/04/2017

[quote]Why didn't Freddie get his teeth fixed?

Maybe because he wasn’t a shallow piece of shit that worried about the people who focused on his teeth instead of what he actually had to say?

…….but you wouldn’t know of that.

[quote]This better have some explicit gay sex?

It won’t which is another reason why Cohen quit. They wanted Freddie sanitized and Cohen was not having it.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 14409/04/2017

First look.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 14509/05/2017

He looks pretty good as freddy, Almost unrecognizable.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 14609/05/2017

He can wear fake teeth as Freddy.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 14709/05/2017

and lip-synch and fake dance and fake having any screen presence, other than resembling a toad.

ACT-ing!

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 14809/05/2017

R138, that's not even the big problem. Even putting looks aside, nothing I've seen from Malek makes me think he could play Freddie convincingly. I mean, he's normally okay at what he does, he just really shouldn't be doing this. Singer's out of his perverted mind.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 14909/05/2017

Based on Douglas Booth's performance in Great Expectations, I wouldn't think he'd be any good playing Boy George in a biopic. He was actually quite good as O'Dowd.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 15009/05/2017

Malek is too skinny, not hairy enough and the mustache looks borrow's from a discarded caterpillar eyebrow of RuPaul Drag race also-ran. Pass.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 15109/06/2017

How the hell does Singer still have a career?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 15209/06/2017

R7 It's the same project they recast him

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 15309/06/2017

[quote] How the hell does Singer still have a career?

Statute of limitations.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 15409/06/2017

R138 is blind

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 15509/06/2017

ROFL

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 15609/06/2017

R152 his last two movies made 1.2 billion combined gross, that's why.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 15709/06/2017

Freddie was super skinny, how is malek to skinny?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 15809/06/2017

They should have got this guy.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 15909/06/2017

Looks a bit cartoonish but his jawline is [italic]spectacular.[/italic]

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 16009/06/2017

I think they should scoop up one of these "alternate" actors that have been suggested to play Freddie Mercury in the "At Danceteria" adaptation. Although, FM is only a supporting character in the story in which he appears (Princess Diana is the main character and focus), it's still a great part. He dresses Diana up in male drag and then brings her to a gay bar with Kenny Everett and Cleo Rocos. He literally starts the story pretending to be Sophia in an episode of "The Golden Girls."

And while I'm on the subject, I think Paris Jackson should play Madonna in the Keith Haring section.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 16109/06/2017

It's interesting that two out of the four leads in this will be American-Malek and Joseph Mazzello, who's playing John Deacon. The dialect coach will be really busy with them.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 16209/06/2017

Oooo I love Stevie Riks r159.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 16309/06/2017

Too bad they didn't go with tired Queen Adam Lambert. He could loose a few pounds and they could jack-up his teefs.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 16409/06/2017

"He could loose a few pounds"

You've no rooooom to criticize, illiterate fatty.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 16509/06/2017

Fatty, hardly. Asshole, yes.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 16609/06/2017

I like the idea of Ben Whishaw for the other Mercury role. Not sure who could play Princess Diana though (at age 27).

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 16709/06/2017

Diana at 27, what about me?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 16809/06/2017

I heard Lambert is a good actor he also has 10 years of musical theatre experience

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 16909/06/2017

I thought Ben Hardy was cast in the role? The guy from eastenders who some speculated got the X men role in the 2016 film via the casting couch?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 17009/06/2017

Hardy is playing Roger, the drummer.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 17109/06/2017

Adam Lambert would be great in the role. He's got the vocal chops. But I bet he's sick of basing his whole career around impersonating Freddie.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 17209/06/2017

First look.

They're pulling these videos like crazy as it has their music in it, so watch it while it's still available.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 17309/13/2017

[quote]Statute of limitations.

MF, there are not enough "WWs" for this reply.

GOD, why is this guy so blatant? By all means, get your “Instaho/future gay porn star” nut on BUT for God’s sake’...have some discretion, man.

Wasn't there a time when people kept this shit on the down?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 17409/13/2017

Please. Adam Lambert would have sucked a thousand dicks to get the lead role in a major motion picture.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 17509/13/2017

This actor from Orphan Black looks a lot like Freddie.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 17609/13/2017

My problem with this movie isn't so much about Rami - my problem is that it seems that Brian May (through interviews he's done) wants to focus more on Freddie's heterosexual relationship with Mary rather than the life he led as a gay man.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 17709/13/2017

TOTALLY R177.

Also, looks aren't really the issue here, are they? I mean....you could make me--a black guy--look like FreddieMercury. It's the "Everything else" that I'm concerned about.....the script, what parts of his life are they going into, the bullshit with May, Malek's PERFORMANCE.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 17809/13/2017

Will they go on location to IBIZA ROCKS AT PIKES HOTEL to film the infamous birthday party??? Tony Pike still resides there! CLUB TROPICANA

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 17909/13/2017

Rami strikes a pose.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 18010/17/2017

The movie is going to be about the band's career from formation to Live Aid, as Brian and Roger want it. If any party gets shown, it will be their infamous Halloween party in New Orleans during the "Jazz" tour.

Someone should make an unauthorized biopic of Freddie's life so his sexuality could be explored. And they should have an actor of Indian descent play him.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 18110/17/2017

Love Rami, consider seeing this for him and the music. Not if they in Freddie, but I can't believe they would.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 18210/17/2017

Bryan Singer could have played the role of Freddie. Am I the only one that sees the resemblance?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 18310/17/2017

How does Bryan SInger get to direct anymore - all of his movies are shitty and do terrible?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 18410/17/2017

R184 He has dirt on the pedos that finance his movies?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 18510/17/2017

What's going to happen to the Queen biopic? I'm scared.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 18611/02/2017

Some troll is about to bump literally every Bryan Singer DL thread, aren’t they?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 18711/02/2017

Rani appeal to me...why can't he do it?

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 18811/02/2017

Actually I'm interested in Queen biopic, not Singer. Unfortunately they're related.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 18911/02/2017

Fox has halted production on “Bohemian Rhapsody” due to a “health matter” involving director-producer Bryan Singer.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 19012/01/2017

[bold]Fox Halts Production on ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Due to Bryan Singer’s ‘Unexpected Unavailability’[/bold]

Fox has suspended production on Bryan Singer’s Freddie Mercury biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody,” due to the director’s “unexpected unavailability.”

“Twentieth Century Fox Film has temporarily halted production on Bohemian Rhapsody due to the unexpected unavailability of Bryan Singer,” a Twentieth Century Fox Film spokesperson told TheWrap in a statement. “Bohemian Rhapsody” follows Queen from the band’s inception in 1970, when Mercury teamed with Brian May and Roger Taylor, until their famous 1985 Live Aid performance.

Malek joined the project from Graham King of GK Films last November,

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 19112/01/2017

Fired.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 19212/04/2017

What a long strange yearlong odyssey this thread has witnessed...

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 19312/04/2017

Late night benders and on-set meltdowns: How ticking time bomb Bryan Singer 'disintegrated on-set of new Queen biopic and was fired after execs feared allegations of sexual harassment were about to drop'

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 194Last Tuesday at 8:01 AM

They found the new director.

[quote]Fox has replaced Bryan Singer on Bohemian Rhapsody with Dexter Fletcher, the director of the films Eddie the Eagle and Wild Bill.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 195Last Wednesday at 3:58 PM

Rami Malek May Take Legal Action Against Ex-"Bohemian Rhapsody" Director Bryan Singer

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 196Last Saturday at 7:07 AM

Rami Malek is a huge homophobe. I'm surprised he'd wanted anything to do with Singer or the project in the first place.

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 197Last Saturday at 8:20 AM

R197 He is??

by Simon Halls Squirrel reply 198Last Saturday at 8:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!