Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bryan Singer continues to prove he's the world's worst homosexual by casting Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury

I want to vomit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 27, 2018 11:39 PM

Eddie Razaz would have been perfect

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2016 11:03 PM

Eddie Razaz. And he's openly gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2016 11:05 PM

Rami Malek is just not attractive. and certainly no bad boy.

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2016 11:06 PM

Mr. Singer touched me in my no-no place.

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2016 11:06 PM

Is this Malek guy straight?

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2016 11:07 PM

Wow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2016 11:08 PM

I thought Ben Whishaw was approved by Brian May & Roger Taylor to play Freddie? Or is this a different project???

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2016 11:11 PM

Plus Razaz is a singer, he has some talent, he's not always a good boy, has an edge to him, has that dual culture Iran and Europe behind him. He practically is a contemporary version of Freddie Mercury, albeit on the smaller stage of Sweden. What is Rami Malek? Somebody's bit on the side?

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2016 11:12 PM

Let's hope they at least get the buck teeth right.

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2016 11:12 PM

Rami Malek looks like Carson Daily had a bronzer accident.

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2016 11:14 PM

I love Rami.

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2016 11:14 PM

If he's straight, I pass. Gay, I'll watch.

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2016 11:17 PM

I love Rami, too, and think he's very talented, but he looks nothing like Freddie Mercury and I have a hard time imagining he can pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2016 11:17 PM

Eddie Razaz?! LOL Sacha Baron Cohen was actually the perfect choice, at least lookswise. Too bad he left this project.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2016 11:20 PM

I think he left the project because he died in the middle of it. 😅

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2016 11:22 PM

Cohen is straight. And it shows.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2016 11:27 PM

Cohen left because the other band members wanted to have freddy die off in the middle of the movie and focus the rest of the film on how queen managed after his death. Like anyone gives a fuck about them. Anyway singer better give him buckteeth.

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2016 11:27 PM

Rami Malek should make Hallmark holiday movies.

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2016 11:28 PM

If he casts j.law in this I won't watch.

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2016 11:30 PM

Well, to be fair, Freddie Mercury didn't want to be called a homosexual, so he too was one of the worst homosexuals as well.

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2016 11:32 PM

Then forget this film altogether: gay or straight actor.

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2016 11:33 PM

Eddie could just send in this clip from years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2016 11:37 PM

And something more recent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2016 11:38 PM

I just hope they make the film super-gay, so it pisses off a lot of Freddie's fans.

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2016 11:53 PM

I doubt it'll make any money really like most biopics anyway so I hope there's plenty of gay in it.

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2016 11:55 PM

Gays should not be hired for straight roles, and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2016 12:02 AM

C'mon guys and gals. Its Bryan Singer we are talking about. Of course he made the decision on the basis of artistic integrity of the story.

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2016 12:03 AM

R17 I hadn't heard that. I heard that Queen wanted Freddie Mercury to be played sweet and innocent, not the naughty way, BRILLIANT Sacha Baron Cohen, wanted to play him.

by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2016 12:30 AM

There be intense sex scenes in the film but an american is making the film so no one sex scene will be shown.

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2016 12:48 AM

Did Freddie Mercury have gunny sacks under his eyes the way Malek does? The film's gonna cost over $100m just to digitally erase them.

by Anonymousreply 30November 5, 2016 12:53 AM

What happened to Ben Whishaw? I was only going to see this movie because he was in it. I couldn't care less about Rami Schmami.

by Anonymousreply 31November 5, 2016 12:58 AM

Couldn't Tim O'Tay have played Freddie?

by Anonymousreply 32November 5, 2016 12:58 AM

No.,

by Anonymousreply 33November 5, 2016 1:07 AM

[quote] What happened to Ben Whishaw? I was only going to see this movie because he was in it. I couldn't care less about Rami Schmami.

Same here. I only want to see adorable Ben. I couldn't care less about Mercury actually.

by Anonymousreply 34November 5, 2016 1:54 AM

You've all been misinformed.

Harry Styles has the role.

by Anonymousreply 35November 5, 2016 1:58 AM

Mercury had one of the most incredible voices in music history. The role needs someone who is a fantastic singer, which I don't think Malek is. I like him on Mr. Robot, but he is a very specific type of actor. I don't see him as FM.

by Anonymousreply 36November 5, 2016 2:26 AM

Always thought Adam Lambert would be perfect to portray Freddie; Adam has a terrific voice and vamp with the best of them.

by Anonymousreply 37November 5, 2016 2:50 AM

Adam can't act but obviously he can sing Freddie's parts as he went on tour with Queen.

I wonder how much they'll include about AIDS. Freddie was singing with KS on his neck and arms during his final tour.

by Anonymousreply 38November 5, 2016 2:52 AM

You know Adam can't act?

by Anonymousreply 39November 5, 2016 3:26 AM

r35 Where are the SJWS tearing him apart for accepting a POC role? Will Bryan Singer get out of this scrape alive or will he too be exposed!

by Anonymousreply 40November 5, 2016 3:40 AM

[quote] Will Bryan Singer get out of this scrape alive or will he too be exposed!

Mr. Singer 'sposed himself to me.

by Anonymousreply 41November 5, 2016 3:52 AM

Um is middle eastern just like freddy was, this ain't white washing if anything it's brown washing considering fred was pretty pale.

by Anonymousreply 42November 5, 2016 3:52 AM

Bryan Singer is a pederast and a rapist. How can you justify watching any of his movies?

by Anonymousreply 43November 5, 2016 3:58 AM

bryan singer: aspies? sociopath?

by Anonymousreply 44November 5, 2016 4:03 AM

Eddie Razaz? Who the fuck is that nobody? Hollywood and the world don't even know of his existence. The lone fangurl can fuck off.

Re casting: Interesting casting. There better be gay sex, and I hope Bryan is smart enough to know that. Will this be Bryan's first prestige project? He has been doing Superhero films for almost a decade now.

by Anonymousreply 45November 5, 2016 4:17 AM

[quote]Rami Malek is just not attractive. and certainly no bad boy

Your problem is that you don't think Rami Malek is attractive? Are you aware this is the role of Freddy Mercury? Have you ever seen pictures of Freddy Mercury? Or are you legally blind? Freddy Mercury was not attractive

And no Malek is probably not a bad boy in real life. And this may be shocking to you, but actors don't have to actually have the same characteristics and flaws as the people they portray. Actors who portray killers in movies aren't really killers. I hate to burst your bubble, but acting is pretending

by Anonymousreply 46November 5, 2016 5:19 AM

harry can't play freddie merury..HE will be a woman soon and Razzaz probably didn't have a younger brother for Singer to bed so it went to Rami Malek

by Anonymousreply 47November 5, 2016 5:21 AM

I love Rami but isn't he too short?

by Anonymousreply 48November 5, 2016 5:59 PM

Much more worried about Bryan Singer than Rami Malek. Malek can act. Singer hasn't shown a talent for anything more than lowbrow CGI bombast.

by Anonymousreply 49November 5, 2016 6:06 PM

I thought I read that Brian and Roger wanted an homogenized version of Freddie's life?? I doubt Bryan Singer would want any part of that.

by Anonymousreply 50November 5, 2016 6:46 PM

[quote]Bryan Singer continues to prove he's the world's worst homosexual by casting Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury

Who's the second worst?

by Anonymousreply 51November 5, 2016 6:52 PM

r15 ben affleck

by Anonymousreply 52November 5, 2016 7:22 PM

Tilda Swinton was robbed! I guess I should be happy they didn't whitewash this yet.

by Anonymousreply 53November 5, 2016 7:29 PM

I agree that Sacha Baron Cohen would be ideal casting.

by Anonymousreply 54November 5, 2016 7:53 PM

Why didn't Freddie get his teeth fixed?

by Anonymousreply 55November 5, 2016 8:21 PM

Does anyone care whether or not Rami can sing? I haven't found any evidence that he can. He sounds like shit in the one thing I did find.

He's only 1 inch shorter than Freddie Mercury was -- at least according to publicly available data. But he looks really short to me.

by Anonymousreply 56November 5, 2016 9:57 PM

Seriously, what's with the bags under his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 57November 5, 2016 10:33 PM

Well, duh. Thanks to Mr. Robot Rami Malek has name recognition. That's why he gets cast and not some nobody. You always go with the guy with the name recognition unless he asks for too much money.

by Anonymousreply 58November 5, 2016 10:38 PM

R49 The usual suspects is what put him on the map, he also made misses kevin spacey an oscar winning actress. He ain't no zch snyder at least.

by Anonymousreply 59November 5, 2016 10:48 PM

Malek is a terrible actor. He's always got the deer in the headlights look in everything he does. His performances are like watching an autistic trying to act. He's the number one reason I can't stand Mr. Robot although other reasons are not that far behind.

Honestly, I can't see what Singer was thinking here. The only thing going for Malek as Mercury is his weird face, and that's really not enough.

by Anonymousreply 60November 5, 2016 11:30 PM

I'm not sure why people think Rami Malek is talented. Will he take his hoodie off?

by Anonymousreply 61November 5, 2016 11:35 PM

I'm sure he's going to have to lip sync to Queen songs.

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2016 12:39 AM

[quote]He's only 1 inch shorter than Freddie Mercury was -- at least according to publicly available data. But he looks really short to me.

That's because he is short despite what his agent has put on imdb.

by Anonymousreply 63November 6, 2016 12:43 AM

I wonder if rami was unconscious when he did he screen test for singer

by Anonymousreply 64November 6, 2016 4:59 AM

Styles can sing and act and he has the right height and build. He's going to wear a prosthetic to emulate Freddie's overbite. Styles is actually too pretty for the role, but it'll be easy enough to uglify him slightly. He'll wear brown contacts and dye his hair.

by Anonymousreply 65November 6, 2016 5:02 AM

the sjw tumblr fraus will crucify Styles if he gets the part. The only way he can escape their wrath is to transition into a woman which he is doing soo

by Anonymousreply 66November 6, 2016 5:28 AM

No project associated with Bryan Singer will ever be "prestige"

by Anonymousreply 67November 6, 2016 6:09 AM

Eddie Razaz also starred in the DL thread for especially beautiful men because of this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 6, 2016 6:17 AM

Nobody is going to see a movie because Rami Malek is in it. Nobody.

by Anonymousreply 69November 6, 2016 6:30 AM

Who is shilling for this Eddie nobody? You really think Hollywood execs will okay millions of dollars starring a no-name? At least Rami Malek can act.

A younger Sacha Baron would have been perfect because he has all the mannerisms of Freddie.

by Anonymousreply 70November 6, 2016 6:32 AM

They will if they want to make money R70. They aren't going to make money with Rami Malek. Of course they would make money with Styles, but it would be forgotten in a year.

Freddie Mercury's background was so unusual, both incredibly cosmopolitan and incredibly insular, that I don't see anyone involved with this project doing it justice. They don't understand Freddie. His life is a Persian tale, not an English, African, or Indian one.

by Anonymousreply 71November 6, 2016 6:49 AM

Project Trainwreck, the only interest now being how many carriages and fatalities. To have a chance of succeeding the film would need vital English input for the feel of the glamrock era when Queen made their brilliant entrance. Don't know who the screenwriter is, but he/she is bound to be restricted by the micro-managing band survivors.

The edge and intelligence Baron Cohen would have brought might have given the film a fighting chance. As it is, I'm left wondering how badly Singer fails at portraying Queen at Live Aid, Mercury's (sensational) finest hour. How can that be improved upon?

I now await the announcement that Kenneth Branagh is to direct a biopic about Prince, starring David Oyelowo.

by Anonymousreply 72November 6, 2016 7:25 AM

You like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 6, 2016 7:43 AM

If the remaining members of Queen are comfortable with having the band's legacy associated with Singer then they are clearly so wealthy they have lost the ability to give a shit about anything. Well, apart from badgers in May's case.

by Anonymousreply 74November 6, 2016 7:44 AM

Smile:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2016 7:44 AM

Brian May and the rest of Queen are fucking ruining the movie!

by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2016 8:49 AM

I hadn't thought of Adam Lambert but he might be great though he might be a bit too good looking. FM was not. Although it was generally terrible, Adam did well as Eddie in the TV Rocky Horror.

by Anonymousreply 77November 6, 2016 9:08 AM

[quote]If the remaining members of Queen are comfortable with having the band's legacy associated with Singer then they are clearly so wealthy they have lost the ability to give a shit about anything. Well, apart from badgers in May's case.

Singer is a great director although he needs a good screenplay for things to work out. I'm assuming you're talking about Singer being a chickenhawk. Well, if the guys he fucks are over 16 I don't really care. I'm tired of the constant frau rage here about openly gay Hollywood directors. Practically all out gay men in Hollywood have been accused of being pedos by the hysterical straight females here. One can guess what's behind it.

by Anonymousreply 78November 6, 2016 10:32 AM

[quote]Um is middle eastern just like freddy was, this ain't white washing if anything it's brown washing considering fred was pretty pale.

R42: Um, no, Freddie (with an "i" and an "e") was not "middle eastern". He was Parsi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 6, 2016 11:24 AM

This is such a dumb project. Singer is too conventional a filmmaker. Todd Hayes would been the man, but in a way Velvet Goldmine has already covered the essence of this story.

by Anonymousreply 80November 6, 2016 12:00 PM

I've been well aware this movie will be garbage since Baron Cohen left the project. It was bad enough that he left, but his reasons put the nails in the coffin for me. Who wants to see Freddie Mercury Disney style? Hyping this casting ("hey look we're not whitewashing!") is just a way to get people to give this mess a second look. Probably a fairly effective way, tbh. But I'm still not going to see it unless it's actually about his life, gets an R rating, AND gets good reviews.

by Anonymousreply 81November 6, 2016 12:47 PM

Rami looks like a bush baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 6, 2016 1:06 PM

After seeing him next to Christian Slater, who is a good 2 inches taller than him, I think that he's closer to 5'6".

by Anonymousreply 83November 6, 2016 1:30 PM

Is Milos Forman still active? He does the best bio films.

by Anonymousreply 84November 6, 2016 1:30 PM

I was alive and out and buying music in the 1970s, but somehow I never heard anything by Queen until the 1990s, when the internet came to my house. I recognized "Bohemian Rhapsody," but I don't think anything else. And this guy was gay? I wonder how I managed not to know about him/them.

by Anonymousreply 85November 6, 2016 1:42 PM

Well you must be from Myanmar then because everybody heard "We are the Champions."

Freddie was stunning looking, nobody thought he was "ugly.". Back in those days being striking was more important than looking symmetrical adn average, particularly in rock and roll. Yeah he was born in fucking Zanzibar where dental care was not on a high level. His dad was British Empire bureaucrat, he spent nine years at a boarding school for Anglos outside Bombay during early years of Indian independence after the crash of British prestige, and then he moved back to Zanzibar before moving to England in 1964 at the age of 18, going to college and working shit jobs until his career took off. He came from an insular, isolated, racist, proud community, was barely parented, lived off the debris of a failed empire, before moving to the font of the Empire with his shattered parents to start again at 18. He'd already lived enough for about three biopics before he started Queen, a "coming out" so bold that it simply sailed over most people's heads, including gay people.

by Anonymousreply 86November 6, 2016 2:05 PM

Sasha Baron is obnoxious and can't act, who thought he should play Freddie Mercury is beyond the joke?

by Anonymousreply 87November 6, 2016 2:09 PM

Sasha is a horrendous actor, and not goodlooking.

by Anonymousreply 88November 6, 2016 2:15 PM

R79:

[quote]The Parsis, whose name means "Persians", are descended from Persian Zoroastrians who emigrated to India to avoid religious persecution by the Muslims.

Iranian, therefore Middle Eastern.

by Anonymousreply 89November 6, 2016 2:22 PM

In a way he was like an Obama, someone who would never "belong" anywhere but who could make it with an iron self-discipline. And thats why the Queen bandmates could remember has a sensitive boy scout while he came off onstage like a fire-breathing revolutionary. He kept it all out of sight. An exile not just from Africa and India but from family, culture, female best friend and caretaker, his body, even himself. He was the exile of exiles of exiles and that in a weird way anchored him in the Persian diaspora, a British Empire that had long been dead, and a future gay community that wouldn't have his assertiveness until twenty years after he was dead.

by Anonymousreply 90November 6, 2016 2:27 PM

[quote]Well you must be from Myanmar then because everybody heard "We are the Champions."

Well color me Burmese. I've heard "We Are the Champions," of course. I always thought of it as a sports anthem, and waited patiently for the next song to come on, wherever and whenever. I guess I didn't know who it was by.

by Anonymousreply 91November 6, 2016 2:28 PM

The real problem is this project is forbidden from delving into any unsavory parts of Freddiew Mercury's lifestyle. They want a nice puff piece. They also want it to have focus on the band after his death. That is why Sasha Baron Cohen left. He could see this project was a joke.

It doesn't matter who is cast in the role. This project is doomed from the start. That is the real story, not Rami or Singer.

by Anonymousreply 92November 6, 2016 2:33 PM

[quote]this project is forbidden from delving into any unsavory parts of Freddie Mercury's lifestyle.

Forbidden by whom?

by Anonymousreply 93November 6, 2016 2:35 PM

The surviving members of Queen, Rose

by Anonymousreply 94November 6, 2016 2:43 PM

[quote]That is why Sasha Baron Cohen left. He could see this project was a joke.

I could see Sasha Baron Cohen as being a joke. Glad he left the project.

by Anonymousreply 95November 6, 2016 2:56 PM

You probably heard "Another One Bites the Dust" also.

by Anonymousreply 96November 6, 2016 3:04 PM

Thanks, R96. That's another song I kind of hated.

by Anonymousreply 97November 6, 2016 3:04 PM

"Killer Queen" and "Fat Bottom Girls"

by Anonymousreply 98November 6, 2016 3:07 PM

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love"

by Anonymousreply 99November 6, 2016 3:09 PM

Bryan Singer isn't homosexual but bisexual and currently with Michelle Clunie.

by Anonymousreply 100November 6, 2016 3:14 PM

r98 r99 I don't remember "Killer Queen." I thought "Fat Bottomed Girls" was a country song. But I only remember the opening/chorus (or whatever the correct name is). I do remember "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," though. I didn't like it enough to buy it.

by Anonymousreply 101November 6, 2016 3:19 PM

Eddie Razaz' album is No. 1 n Spain now. And he just made his acting debut in a Swedish film, you can see him naked in this clip starting at 22:48 Hollywood people are just stupid, that's the real truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 6, 2016 3:30 PM

So his personal life is off limits then? Yawn this movie will lack everything that made him interesting. It'll be the generic tired rags to riches story I bet.

by Anonymousreply 103November 6, 2016 3:39 PM

What is the connection with this Eddie Razaz character, R102? You just decided that he should play Freddie Mercury? No doubt anyone is better than Malek but the reality is no one has ever heard of this Razaz.

by Anonymousreply 104November 6, 2016 3:49 PM

[quote] So his personal life is off limits then? Yawn this movie will lack everything that made him interesting. It'll be the generic tired rags to riches story I bet.

Why is it so hard to make a decent biopic of a famous person?

by Anonymousreply 105November 6, 2016 4:37 PM

R89: I don't need a lesson in what Parsis are. I am one. Parsis, yes, descend from Persian Zoroastrian ancestors, who fled the Muslim invasions and landed in what is modern day India in the 9th and 10th C AD. More conservative Parsis believe they are "pure" and have never "mixed" with other Indians or allowed intermarriage, but any progressive, reasonable Parsi knows there has been plenty of 'mixing' over the years and that most modern-day Parsis are not 'purely' of Persian descent. DNA tests have proven that. Anyway, speaking for myself, given the extremely limited pool of actual Parsi actors, I think it's perfectly acceptable to cast an actor of any South Asian or Arab or Persian background who can look the part.

by Anonymousreply 106November 6, 2016 11:29 PM

Rami is of Greek descent.

by Anonymousreply 107November 8, 2016 1:20 AM

R104 lots of people have heard of Eddie Razaz, especially in comparison to Rami Malek. Why are you defending the insularity and ignorance of a lowlife like Bryan Singer?

by Anonymousreply 108November 8, 2016 1:22 AM

Freddie was covered in KS like a leopard when he died. Will they include that?

Tumblr fraus worship Harry Styles - one of the Larries is called freddieismyqueen. They would be overjoyed to see him playing Freddie and having sex with men. It would make their lives seeing Styles pretend to be gay, believe me.

by Anonymousreply 109November 8, 2016 1:30 AM

Give me a break!

Eddie Razaz is unknown to America or any other place. lol In what world is Rami Malek less famous than a nobody noone has even heard of outside of his family?

by Anonymousreply 110November 8, 2016 1:32 AM

Casting a str8 guy as Freddie Mercury would be like casting Sean Penn as Harvey Milk. Or Michael Douglas and Matt Damon as Liberace and Scott Thorson. Or Daniel Massey as Noel Coward. In other news, Hollywood thinks it's still 1968.

by Anonymousreply 111November 8, 2016 1:45 AM

It's easier to market a straight man as gay, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 112November 8, 2016 1:49 AM

A lot of people think Styles is gay, so it shouldn't matter too much. He has a lot of swagger and stage presence, though they may have to fake the very high notes. They are about the same height and build.

by Anonymousreply 113November 8, 2016 1:52 AM

Casting Sasha would have been a joke, and I would have moved to an island if he was cast as Mercury.

by Anonymousreply 114November 8, 2016 1:54 AM

Russell Brand might be in the running too.

by Anonymousreply 115November 8, 2016 1:59 AM

NOOOO, not Russell Brand...I will leave the US if THAT happens!!

by Anonymousreply 116November 8, 2016 2:02 AM

Russell Brand looks a hell of a lot more like him than any of the other suggestions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 8, 2016 2:03 AM

Here's a recent photo of Harry doing his best Freddie impression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 8, 2016 2:06 AM

Harry looks great in that photo, almost Freddie like. OTOH, Russell Brand looks like crap.

by Anonymousreply 119November 8, 2016 2:08 AM

I didn't think Styles could look like Freddie at all until I saw that photo.

Christopher Nolan swears up and down that Styles is an excellent actor and maybe he's right.

by Anonymousreply 120November 8, 2016 2:17 AM

That photo of Harry says Freddie Mercury all over.

by Anonymousreply 121November 8, 2016 2:24 AM

Styles has the most edible looking mouth in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 122November 8, 2016 2:32 AM

What about Zayn Malik? Too pretty?

by Anonymousreply 123November 8, 2016 2:41 AM

Too many tats, r123. And, he's just too strange a person.

by Anonymousreply 124November 8, 2016 2:43 AM

Zayn is too skinny and small and looks too much like himself. Styles has a chameleon like quality and can carry off a few different looks. Plus, we have no evidence of Malik's acting chops and he had ZERO stage presence in One Direction. He just stood there while Styles pranced around.

by Anonymousreply 125November 8, 2016 2:47 AM

I just found out about this casting! What happened to Ben Wishaw? The show I was watching dared to call Rami Freddie's "lookalike". Ummm no.

by Anonymousreply 126January 13, 2017 12:44 AM

Harry styles can play the trick that gave Mercury AIDS. That's the only range he has.

by Anonymousreply 127January 13, 2017 12:58 AM

I read online that the movie is about Queens formative years, not solely about Freddie. I'm guessing the surviving members will focus the film on themselves. Also, Rami said he will sing some in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 128January 13, 2017 1:43 AM

R55 I have an English friend that refers to FM as "the voice that orthodontia would have ruined." Yes, the times were different aesthetically, but perhaps he also didn't want to jeopardize his voice. He was still extremely sexy.

by Anonymousreply 129January 13, 2017 1:55 AM

Not really

by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2017 11:23 AM

It's official!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 14, 2017 7:15 PM

This will be horrible. I predict!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 14, 2017 7:54 PM

Do you think Rami has the range to pull it off?

by Anonymousreply 133July 14, 2017 7:55 PM

No; thus the prediction. It will be bad.

by Anonymousreply 134July 14, 2017 8:05 PM

I'll bet Rami has a nice, smooth anus

by Anonymousreply 135July 14, 2017 8:42 PM

Styles looks nothing like Mercury. Malek looks nothing like Mercury. And he's Egyptian not Greek. And he's gay, but I'm not sure how closeted.

Why would Freddie Mercury interrupt his career to wear headgear for five years? How is it even a question of why he didn't fix his teeth?

No one wants to see a movie about Queen, the band, minus the debauchery. That would be like making a movie ostensibly about Janis Joplin, but skipping over all of her addiction and personality issues and focusing on what Big Brother & The Holding Company did after she left them for her Kozmic Blues touring band.

by Anonymousreply 136July 14, 2017 10:41 PM

He probably can't act but Joe Jonas is a ringer for Mercury here, performing Total Eclipse of the Heart with Bonnie Tyler during the recent eclipse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 4, 2017 7:40 AM

God, the hysterical queens are everywhere. Malek has enough of a resemblance to play the part. Ever hear of movie makeup?

by Anonymousreply 138September 4, 2017 8:02 AM

I always thought that was rubbish, fixing his jacked teeth. Wouldn't have changed the way he singed.

by Anonymousreply 139September 4, 2017 8:02 AM

Nobody needs a Freddie Mercury movie. We can all just watch videos of him/Queen, including interviews. No movie will show the outrageous parties Freddie used to throw.

by Anonymousreply 140September 4, 2017 8:39 AM

Singer only lust casted ben hardy in a main role, surprised how restrained he was.

by Anonymousreply 141September 4, 2017 11:30 AM

This better have some explicit gay sex

by Anonymousreply 142September 4, 2017 11:33 AM

R7 the Ben Wishaw thing unfortunately fell through.

by Anonymousreply 143September 4, 2017 11:35 AM

[quote]Why didn't Freddie get his teeth fixed?

Maybe because he wasn’t a shallow piece of shit that worried about the people who focused on his teeth instead of what he actually had to say?

.but you wouldn’t know of that.

[quote]This better have some explicit gay sex?

It won’t which is another reason why Cohen quit. They wanted Freddie sanitized and Cohen was not having it.

by Anonymousreply 144September 4, 2017 1:16 PM

First look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 5, 2017 9:25 PM

He looks pretty good as freddy, Almost unrecognizable.

by Anonymousreply 146September 5, 2017 9:45 PM

He can wear fake teeth as Freddy.

by Anonymousreply 147September 5, 2017 10:56 PM

and lip-synch and fake dance and fake having any screen presence, other than resembling a toad.

ACT-ing!

by Anonymousreply 148September 6, 2017 12:25 AM

R138, that's not even the big problem. Even putting looks aside, nothing I've seen from Malek makes me think he could play Freddie convincingly. I mean, he's normally okay at what he does, he just really shouldn't be doing this. Singer's out of his perverted mind.

by Anonymousreply 149September 6, 2017 1:03 AM

Based on Douglas Booth's performance in Great Expectations, I wouldn't think he'd be any good playing Boy George in a biopic. He was actually quite good as O'Dowd.

by Anonymousreply 150September 6, 2017 1:12 AM

Malek is too skinny, not hairy enough and the mustache looks borrow's from a discarded caterpillar eyebrow of RuPaul Drag race also-ran. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 151September 6, 2017 12:41 PM

How the hell does Singer still have a career?

by Anonymousreply 152September 6, 2017 12:45 PM

R7 It's the same project they recast him

by Anonymousreply 153September 6, 2017 12:55 PM

[quote] How the hell does Singer still have a career?

Statute of limitations.

by Anonymousreply 154September 6, 2017 12:55 PM

R138 is blind

by Anonymousreply 155September 6, 2017 12:55 PM

ROFL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 6, 2017 12:58 PM

R152 his last two movies made 1.2 billion combined gross, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 157September 6, 2017 1:04 PM

Freddie was super skinny, how is malek to skinny?

by Anonymousreply 158September 6, 2017 1:07 PM

They should have got this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159September 6, 2017 1:15 PM

Looks a bit cartoonish but his jawline is [italic]spectacular.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 160September 6, 2017 2:28 PM

I think they should scoop up one of these "alternate" actors that have been suggested to play Freddie Mercury in the "At Danceteria" adaptation. Although, FM is only a supporting character in the story in which he appears (Princess Diana is the main character and focus), it's still a great part. He dresses Diana up in male drag and then brings her to a gay bar with Kenny Everett and Cleo Rocos. He literally starts the story pretending to be Sophia in an episode of "The Golden Girls."

And while I'm on the subject, I think Paris Jackson should play Madonna in the Keith Haring section.

by Anonymousreply 161September 6, 2017 4:24 PM

It's interesting that two out of the four leads in this will be American-Malek and Joseph Mazzello, who's playing John Deacon. The dialect coach will be really busy with them.

by Anonymousreply 162September 6, 2017 4:26 PM

Oooo I love Stevie Riks r159.

by Anonymousreply 163September 6, 2017 6:24 PM

Too bad they didn't go with tired Queen Adam Lambert. He could loose a few pounds and they could jack-up his teefs.

by Anonymousreply 164September 6, 2017 6:29 PM

"He could loose a few pounds"

You've no rooooom to criticize, illiterate fatty.

by Anonymousreply 165September 6, 2017 6:31 PM

Fatty, hardly. Asshole, yes.

by Anonymousreply 166September 6, 2017 6:33 PM

I like the idea of Ben Whishaw for the other Mercury role. Not sure who could play Princess Diana though (at age 27).

by Anonymousreply 167September 6, 2017 6:40 PM

Diana at 27, what about me?

by Anonymousreply 168September 6, 2017 6:45 PM

I heard Lambert is a good actor he also has 10 years of musical theatre experience

by Anonymousreply 169September 6, 2017 6:51 PM

I thought Ben Hardy was cast in the role? The guy from eastenders who some speculated got the X men role in the 2016 film via the casting couch?

by Anonymousreply 170September 6, 2017 6:58 PM

Hardy is playing Roger, the drummer.

by Anonymousreply 171September 6, 2017 8:04 PM

Adam Lambert would be great in the role. He's got the vocal chops. But I bet he's sick of basing his whole career around impersonating Freddie.

by Anonymousreply 172September 7, 2017 12:48 AM

First look.

They're pulling these videos like crazy as it has their music in it, so watch it while it's still available.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 13, 2017 11:13 AM

[quote]Statute of limitations.

MF, there are not enough "WWs" for this reply.

GOD, why is this guy so blatant? By all means, get your “Instaho/future gay porn star” nut on BUT for God’s sake’...have some discretion, man.

Wasn't there a time when people kept this shit on the down?

by Anonymousreply 174September 13, 2017 11:33 AM

Please. Adam Lambert would have sucked a thousand dicks to get the lead role in a major motion picture.

by Anonymousreply 175September 13, 2017 11:51 AM

This actor from Orphan Black looks a lot like Freddie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 13, 2017 11:56 AM

My problem with this movie isn't so much about Rami - my problem is that it seems that Brian May (through interviews he's done) wants to focus more on Freddie's heterosexual relationship with Mary rather than the life he led as a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 177September 13, 2017 12:05 PM

TOTALLY R177.

Also, looks aren't really the issue here, are they? I mean....you could make me--a black guy--look like FreddieMercury. It's the "Everything else" that I'm concerned about.....the script, what parts of his life are they going into, the bullshit with May, Malek's PERFORMANCE.

by Anonymousreply 178September 13, 2017 12:13 PM

Will they go on location to IBIZA ROCKS AT PIKES HOTEL to film the infamous birthday party??? Tony Pike still resides there! CLUB TROPICANA

by Anonymousreply 179September 13, 2017 1:09 PM

Rami strikes a pose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 17, 2017 5:50 PM

The movie is going to be about the band's career from formation to Live Aid, as Brian and Roger want it. If any party gets shown, it will be their infamous Halloween party in New Orleans during the "Jazz" tour.

Someone should make an unauthorized biopic of Freddie's life so his sexuality could be explored. And they should have an actor of Indian descent play him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 17, 2017 6:13 PM

Love Rami, consider seeing this for him and the music. Not if they in Freddie, but I can't believe they would.

by Anonymousreply 182October 17, 2017 6:20 PM

Bryan Singer could have played the role of Freddie. Am I the only one that sees the resemblance?

by Anonymousreply 183October 17, 2017 6:38 PM

How does Bryan SInger get to direct anymore - all of his movies are shitty and do terrible?

by Anonymousreply 184October 17, 2017 6:39 PM

R184 He has dirt on the pedos that finance his movies?

by Anonymousreply 185October 17, 2017 6:50 PM

What's going to happen to the Queen biopic? I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 186November 2, 2017 7:37 PM

Some troll is about to bump literally every Bryan Singer DL thread, aren’t they?

by Anonymousreply 187November 2, 2017 7:46 PM

Rani appeal to me...why can't he do it?

by Anonymousreply 188November 2, 2017 7:55 PM

Actually I'm interested in Queen biopic, not Singer. Unfortunately they're related.

by Anonymousreply 189November 2, 2017 7:57 PM

Fox has halted production on “Bohemian Rhapsody” due to a “health matter” involving director-producer Bryan Singer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 2, 2017 12:53 AM

[bold]Fox Halts Production on ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Due to Bryan Singer’s ‘Unexpected Unavailability’[/bold]

Fox has suspended production on Bryan Singer’s Freddie Mercury biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody,” due to the director’s “unexpected unavailability.”

“Twentieth Century Fox Film has temporarily halted production on Bohemian Rhapsody due to the unexpected unavailability of Bryan Singer,” a Twentieth Century Fox Film spokesperson told TheWrap in a statement. “Bohemian Rhapsody” follows Queen from the band’s inception in 1970, when Mercury teamed with Brian May and Roger Taylor, until their famous 1985 Live Aid performance.

Malek joined the project from Graham King of GK Films last November,

by Anonymousreply 191December 2, 2017 5:26 AM

Fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 4, 2017 9:27 PM

What a long strange yearlong odyssey this thread has witnessed...

by Anonymousreply 193December 4, 2017 10:00 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 5, 2017 5:01 PM

They found the new director.

[quote]Fox has replaced Bryan Singer on Bohemian Rhapsody with Dexter Fletcher, the director of the films Eddie the Eagle and Wild Bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 7, 2017 12:58 AM

Rami Malek May Take Legal Action Against Ex-"Bohemian Rhapsody" Director Bryan Singer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196December 9, 2017 4:07 PM

Rami Malek is a huge homophobe. I'm surprised he'd wanted anything to do with Singer or the project in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 197December 9, 2017 5:20 PM

R197 He is??

by Anonymousreply 198December 9, 2017 5:38 PM

Rami Malek is a huge homophobe? Between the gayest show ever Mr. Robot and playing Freddy Mercury he must be in a constant state of panic.

by Anonymousreply 199December 16, 2017 5:46 PM

Adam Lambert looks nothing like Freddie.

by Anonymousreply 200December 16, 2017 6:08 PM

Rami Malek looks nothing like Freddie.

by Anonymousreply 201December 16, 2017 6:44 PM

R197, He also played Kenny, a gay teen on "The War at Home" tv show.

by Anonymousreply 202December 16, 2017 6:44 PM

Is the new director any good?

by Anonymousreply 203December 16, 2017 6:55 PM

Has a movie that swapped director throughout ever been good? Seems like a doomed project.

by Anonymousreply 204December 16, 2017 7:53 PM

First trailer premiered at CinemaCon.

[quote]The trailer, which has not been released online, opens with Queen's classic song "Bohemian Rhapsody" playing in the background, as a young Mercury asks to be the lead singer of a band. Retorts one of his future bandmates: "Not with those teeth, mate." The rest of the trailer is made up of vignettes of Mercury and Queen discovering their sound — "If I go any higher, only dogs will hear it," Mercury says — finding fame onstage and the singer being questioned about his personal life. The trailer ends with Mercury stepping out onstage at the iconic 1985 Live Aid concert, backed to a track of "We Are the Champions."

[quote]"When I got this role, I thought, 'Oh my God, this could be a career-defining performance.' And then two minutes later I thought, 'This could be a career killer,'" Malek said during the presentation.

[quote]Malek said a challenge for him was capturing how the singer filled his music "with pain and beauty." "He gives everyone watching permission to embrace their imperfections and sing as loudly as they can," said the actor. "That is what he did for me."

[quote]Queen guitarist Brian May has seen the movie and emailed Malek to say the film brought him to tears and that if Mercury were alive, he would be "proud" of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205April 27, 2018 1:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 27, 2018 1:14 AM

Hobnobing with the Famous:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 27, 2018 7:54 PM

I've seen better Queen drag at a Halloween party.

by Anonymousreply 208April 27, 2018 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!