Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I flippin love Kylie Minogue

Because she's never been huge or mainstream here in the US (barring her brief global domination with the Fever album and the monster singles Can't Get You Out of My Head and Love At First Sight), she's often been able to be just-a-tiny-bit-weird, a little left of center when compared other pop singers. And even when she's doing something ridiculously camp and over the top - like when she wears an entire ostrich farm's worth of showgirl feathers - she has this sly smile and knowing sparkle in her eye that seems to say "isn't this ridiculous?" all while celebrating the ridiculousness at the same time. That's a difficult line to walk. To be sublime and ridiculous at the same time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 1, 2019 11:59 AM

LOVE KYLIE. Have you heard this yet????? There's a great remix that was floating around by PWL, (this isn't the mix I really like, but the only one I can find)but I can't find it. Hard to find, they've mostly been removed from the Internet......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 3, 2016 11:19 PM

R1 - No! I didn't realize she'd covered 'Night Fever'. Love it. I think this (below) is a better quality recording. Is this the final production or an early leak? Appears to be from some Bee Gees tribute album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 3, 2016 11:28 PM

Good taste OP.

by Anonymousreply 3November 3, 2016 11:33 PM

This one is a lot of fun (if you like this sort of thing)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 3, 2016 11:35 PM

R1 - did you enjoy Kylie's collaboration with Giorgio Moroder? It seemed to divide people, but I adored it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 3, 2016 11:35 PM

She is an incredible live performer. You can actually feel the positive energy radiating from her body.

by Anonymousreply 6November 3, 2016 11:36 PM

She's an icon.

by Anonymousreply 7November 3, 2016 11:39 PM

Night Fever is a leak, it leaked a few days ago. I managed to listen to the PWL mix a bunch of times, but then anything I found was removed. The PWL mix is 100X better than what I can find now. There's supposed to be a movie coming out, I think a remake of Saturday Night Fever remake, can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 8November 3, 2016 11:42 PM

I loved Kylie's FEVER album as a teen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 3, 2016 11:44 PM

I like the studio version of "All the Lovers", but the live acoustic version is beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 3, 2016 11:46 PM

[quote]She is an incredible live performer. You can actually feel the positive energy radiating from her body.

R6 - that is a bit "Mary!", but I know exactly what you mean. The term has been rendered meaningless by the dreadful Simon Cowell & co, but she definitely has that 'x-factor'. Her big stadium tours look great on video, but it's live in person that the true superstar is revealed. I don't know quite how she does it, but she manages to be both this ethereal on stage pop goddess, lost in the reverie of the moment and yet, simultaneously, warm and approachable and real. Like you said, you have to really see it and feel it in person to 'get' it.

She also REALLY knows who her audience is.... (BTW, she wore this costume WAY before Gaga)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 3, 2016 11:47 PM

I'm actually surprised Gaga hasn't rummaged thru Kylie's career yet and plucked out her favorites yet.

by Anonymousreply 12November 3, 2016 11:49 PM

What's everyone's favorite Kylie NON-single. An album track or b-side. This would be on my list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2016 12:03 AM

This one has me groovin'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2016 12:34 AM

She said in an interview once, "I looked at the front row and it was four Muscle Marys and a drag queen and they knew all the words.... I had no idea I was so camp!".

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2016 12:38 AM

I heart Kylie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2016 12:45 AM

I didn't bother going to her New York show, and I've regretted it since. I hope she comes back, though I doubt it'll be soon.

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2016 2:47 AM

R17 - she's actually played NY twice (with multiple dates each time) - on her first official N. American tour in 2009 and her Aphrodite tour in 2011. I think she'll be back again. It might just be NY and LA, but she'll be back.

And, yeah, you should regret it. The amount of spectacle she packed into venues 1/4 the size she plays in Europe and Australia was staggering. The entrance upon the giant chrome skull was, well, life-affirming. ;)

Seriously, how'd you miss that? Every gay in NY (and LA at the Hollywood Bowl shows) was there!

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2016 3:24 AM

I wonder how many people hating on Beyonce in that CMA thread are soaking their panties in this one over No-talent, overrated, horse face.

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2016 3:33 AM

Kylie is a terrific singer and performer. I am going to her Christmas show in the U.K. - and I am flying across the ocean to see it. She's brilliant live.

She's also one of the few performers left who doesn't take herself too seriously and still has a sense of humour about herself.

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2016 3:38 AM

R18 My best gay friend who I thought was a sure thing to go with me suddenly wasn't that interested in her, and my partner who isn't that into music had no interest either. I wanted to go badly but kinda gave up on the idea because it was just going to be a pain in the ass with the two of them. So I've regretted it since, I suppose I should have pushed at least one of them harder. Next time she's here I'll go by myself if I have to, not a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2016 3:46 AM

A friend of mine who was at the BBC worked with her several times. He said she was the nicest celebrity he ever dealt with (he also said Air were nice) and a total pro. She'd hang out on set between takes and chatted with everyone. He was surprised she remembered him, but she knew him by name and gave him a hug when they saw each other. He doesn't even like her music, so there was no fan thing going on there.

This commercial is pretty cute and shows her ability to laugh at herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2016 3:48 AM

R19 I totally get the hate for Beyawnce, but how can you hate Kylie? There's nothing to hate about her, she seems like an amazing delicate person, and her music is fun and carefree, videos too. I can't imagine a thing to hate about her. Beyawnce Janet and Gaga, hate away, please.

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2016 3:50 AM

Did the Kylie/Dannii duet ever materialize yet?

Speaking of Dannii, there was that 5 minutes when she tried to be like Kylie....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2016 3:53 AM

SOOOOooo much better than Imbruglia!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2016 4:07 AM

The best thing about Kylie is she gets to fuck her hairy sex bomb of a fiancee.

by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2016 4:29 AM

Kylie and Dannii.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2016 4:34 AM

Dannii had a couple of good dance hits in the early 2000s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2016 4:39 AM

I begin to wonder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2016 4:39 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2016 4:47 AM

Bless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2016 4:51 AM

[quote]Kylie is a terrific singer and performer. I am going to her Christmas show in the U.K. - and I am flying across the ocean to see it. She's brilliant live. She's also one of the few performers left who doesn't take herself too seriously and still has a sense of humour about herself.

R20 - damn, that's dedication. I'm the furthest thing from a Christmas fan, but I watched Kylie's 2015 Christmas show from the Royal Albert Hall and was utterly charmed from start to finish. Even the new faux-retro songs were delightful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2016 6:23 AM

She gets to fuck this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 4, 2016 6:25 AM

[quote]Did the Kylie/Dannii duet ever materialize yet?

R24 - Yes! Last year. In the form of the blissfully ridiculous disco Christmas duet about a warm Australian Christmas, "100 Degrees"....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2016 6:32 AM

I grew up very close to where Neighbours is filmed - the actual street and the studio. I used to see Kylie and Guy Pearce regularly. They were often down at Forest Hill Chase after school. Who knew what the future held?

She's so very, very tiny in person.

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2016 8:32 AM

Little known fact:

Kylie Minogue and Guy Pearce are actually time-travelling mercenaries who were sent here to make the world gayer in an effort to slow global population growth. They've since realized that they will need to go further back to stave off the precipitous rise in sea levels and the dwindling supply of food crops, so they have recently returned to 1973 to continue their mission...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2016 10:45 AM

I have loved her and (most of) her music since 1988. Here's how you make an entrance. Fuck Madonna!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2016 11:28 AM

Oops, goodbye, queen at r19! *click*

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2016 11:31 AM

Saw her live in NYC back in 2009 and it was epic!

by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2016 12:24 PM

r237 - YES! That awards performance was amazing. What an entrance indeed.

I know this will make me sound like a mongo Pollyanna, but I genuinely think it's possible to enjoy Kylie without denigrating other female artists; Kylie's certainly managed to do that her whole careers. Okay, MOST of her career (this is too good not to share...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2016 9:21 PM

I wish she sang this one more often. Such a jam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 5, 2016 8:51 AM

So much sexier than Madonna! Loved that later period Kylie SAW sound, when she kind of launched them into a new creative renaissance (briefly) after their music became kind of stale in the mid-80's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 6, 2016 1:14 PM

I love the cover of Only You she did on her holiday album.

by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2016 2:29 PM

She's a cunt. The end.

by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2016 7:39 PM

Love Her

by Anonymousreply 45November 6, 2016 7:40 PM

It's a shame Pete Burns died and Kylie is still going. Wish we could swap.

by Anonymousreply 46November 6, 2016 7:42 PM

[quote]I love the cover of Only You she did on her holiday album.

Shame it was with James Corden, tho. I prefer this duet...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 6, 2016 11:14 PM

This video would seem to sum up the Kylie & Dannii dynamic to a tee!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2016 12:00 PM

R48: The one on the left tried to pick me up on Grindr. This was two years ago. While I knew who he was and thought he was funny, I couldn't bring myself to even pretend to be interested in seeing a man who looks like a large infant naked.

Now, I kind of regret it because he kept mentioning his roommate. Turns out his roommate was Rebel Wilson and they were sharing a house together in LA. I only learned that later on when I randomly saw Rebel being interviewed somewhere and she mentioned who her roommate was.

I could've partied with Rebel (and the tubby one from Little Britain) in their LA mini-mansion. That was probably worth a HJ for the man-baby.

I know this has nothing to do with Kylie, but R48's video reminded me of that random encounter. And, I'm the OP, so... there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2016 2:10 PM

Live duet with Nick Cave. She is flat-out charming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2016 2:34 PM

She's a gay man trapped in a woman's body, once a DLer said

by Anonymousreply 51November 10, 2016 3:34 PM

I hope the new album is out soon!!!! Kiss Me Once was very middling but I think I Was Gonna Cancel is SO underrated!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 10, 2016 6:13 PM

R52 - I agree. Some of the lyrics are...questionable, but I always thought "I Was Gonna Cancel" was a banger. And I never understood the virulent hatred most Kylie fans have for the video, either. I loved it's surreal-Gap-ad-aesthetic. It almost felt like the next evolution of the 'Slow' video concept. I mean, no, it's not as brilliant as 'Slow', but I love the style of the video.

by Anonymousreply 53November 10, 2016 9:07 PM

She's the fag hag of your dreams.

by Anonymousreply 54November 10, 2016 9:22 PM

For R52, a fun performance of I Was Gonna Cancel from Cannes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 10, 2016 9:27 PM

r53 the video did not deserve the negative reactions it got! did her fans not get that it is completely in-line with her videography? she's all about the fluidity and repetitiveness of motion! See: Love at first sight, slow, come into my world

by Anonymousreply 56November 10, 2016 10:45 PM

R56 - I think most of her fanbase is European and AUS based. Us North American fans are a smaller (but passionate) group. Also, here in the US, Kylie really kind of dropped off our radars almost entirely in the 90s and early 2000s... it was like:

"LOCOMOTION" ****NOTHING FOR SEVERAL YEARS*** "OH SHE'S BACK WITH CAN'T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD! REMEMBER HER FROM THE LOCOMOTION?" "OH MY GOD 'SLOW' IS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING, FORWARD-THINKING SONGS AND MUSIC VIDEOS!" "OOOH, ALL THE LOVERS IS A FABULOUS MID-TEMPO BANGER" ETC.

So, for the most part, US fans have spent more time with the forward-thinking, adventurous, stylish Kylie of the 2000s and 2010s. The European and Australian fans have had a lot more of "cute" and "camp" Kylie than we have. As a result, I think they probably don't like it when there isn't enough froth and bubbles and glitter. That's my theory anyway.

by Anonymousreply 57November 10, 2016 10:51 PM

This should have been a hit in America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 11, 2016 11:33 AM

She did make at least one attempt at gaining ground in the US in the early 90's with the Locomotionish 'Step Back in Time' and her duet with that Keith Washington guy. Both were failures in the US although huge hits across Europe. Her look at the time was based on her idol Ann-Margret, and Jane Fonda in Barbarella.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 11, 2016 12:07 PM

I want to take a chipolte shit inside her big, horse mouth.

by Anonymousreply 60November 17, 2016 4:25 AM

R59, I used to work near the Bonaventure in downtown LA. Finally figured out why I'd suddenly and randomly get 'Step Back In Time' stuck in my head so often. This performance of that song is one of my favs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 17, 2016 7:23 AM

Here's the full 'Night Fever' cover. SO GOOD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2016 7:46 AM

I've always wondered as to what type of collusion or conspiracy prevented Kylie from dominating the States as well. Payola? Global marketing? Jealousy? Kylie has been a stunningly gorgeous and successful poptart spanning 4 decades, but not here. Hmmm. Florence and the Machine anyone? A conspiracy against foreign talent and competition?

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2016 8:09 AM

In what world was "Love At First Sight" a MONSTER hit?

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2016 8:32 AM

[quote]In what world was "Love At First Sight" a MONSTER hit?

#1 European Top 100, #1 US Dance, #2 in UK, #3 in Australia, #1 Greece, Top 10 in Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, Hungary, Spain, Poland, Italy, Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2016 4:56 PM

r63 her music is too gay and european. kinda like how Madonna's Confessions album wasn't super successful in the states but her biggest era in europe

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2016 5:18 PM

Thanks R62! :) ;)

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2016 9:58 PM

I love this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2016 10:08 PM

She has to have people hanging from the ceiling to deflect the lack of talent. Silly disposable dance music.

by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2016 10:09 PM

Look for Night Frver PWL remix R62, I'm in love with it but it keeps disappearing from the net

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2016 10:14 PM

Judging from OP's link, it looks like she's taken over the Cher tour.

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2016 10:26 PM

R68 that is the finest pop song ever!

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2016 10:38 PM

Preview of the 5 new bonus tracks from this year's re-release of the Christmas album. I don't think any of them will equal the best of the original release, but 'At Christmas' sounds like a pleasant Christmasy retro-esque bop and I'm a sucker for 'Wonderful Christmastime'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2016 11:45 AM

New...single?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 22, 2016 11:12 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 23, 2016 4:25 PM

Apparently random 90s songs with some bells and harps suddenly become Christmas songs. Ha. Well, it works nicely here. Though why is the song so flippin short?? The last 1/3 that really kicks into high gear with the big disco'y orchestra is so much fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 29, 2016 7:51 AM

More shots of her fiancee's naked chest, please.

by Anonymousreply 77November 30, 2016 12:41 AM

Chest and PEEN, R77

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 30, 2016 12:54 AM

Kylie's last original hitfactory song (partially written by herself) in 1992, pure Stock Aitken Waterman cheese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 3, 2016 10:52 AM

Aw. And that pantsuit is so flippin ELEGANT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2016 1:13 AM

Here you go everyone. 2017 album and tour confirmed. I hope she makes her way to New York, this time I'm going.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 12, 2016 10:22 PM

I didn't realize the Royal Albert Hall Christmas shows were this past weekend. After watching this FABULOUS performance of Night Fever (everything is on point - Kylie sounds wonderful, looks effortlessly chic and glamorous, the cracker band and orchestra do the original Bee Gees production justice and the mirrorball disco goodness is just perfect), I am SO jealous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 12, 2016 10:24 PM

She's going to bring it next year, music wise. I have a big feeling this is going to be one of her best albums ever. People are going to be wanting that escapist ethereal europop with all the traumatic political happenings this year and Kylie is going to DELIVER!

by Anonymousreply 83December 12, 2016 10:31 PM

Perfect R82. Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 84December 12, 2016 11:15 PM

Great news, R81! I'd love her to go completely left field and get someone like Dev Hynes or James Murphy to Executive Produce, but I'm down for whatever floats Min's boat these days.

by Anonymousreply 85December 12, 2016 11:17 PM

Me too. Whichever way she goes I'll be happy, cannot wait. Some refreshing pop disco fun music is what we need.... LEAVE OUT THE RENT A RAPPER NONSENSE KYLE, PLEASE, that's all I want for Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 86December 12, 2016 11:40 PM

I saw her Royal Albert Hall show over the weekend and it was a spectacular show, one of the best I've ever seen. She really is a wonderful performer. If the show comes back next year, I truly recommend going. It's a transcendent experience. The joy from the audience is palpable.

You can tell she is in a great place right now. Her confidence is strong.

by Anonymousreply 87December 13, 2016 9:39 PM

That sounds like such a blast, R87! Here she is performing on X-Factor, the day after her Royal Albert Hall shows. Not sure about the beret, but she sounds great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 13, 2016 10:04 PM

[quote]‘If the job of a performer is to release an audience from themselves, unshackle inhibition and unite them in a communal emotional experience, Kylie Minogue achieved it memorably.’

[quote]★★★★

[quote] - The Telegraph

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 14, 2016 10:16 PM

I'd love to see A Kylie Christmas, does anyone know where I can watch it in the U.S.?

by Anonymousreply 90December 17, 2016 2:06 AM

Well, I know sex with Joshua would inspire me.

by Anonymousreply 91December 17, 2016 7:20 PM

R90 - reports are that there were cameras filming this year's Christmas shows, but whether that's for a future broadcast, dvd sale or just Kylie's personal archive, we don't know yet.

Last year's gig was recorded and broadcast on UK TV and is on iTunes for about $15. I think it's 90% of the concert. This YT link might get taken down, but here ya go...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 17, 2016 9:01 PM

Love it (the jambroni in the white trousers aside)

KYLIE on Le Dancing With The Stars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 18, 2016 5:14 AM

r92 just watched the whole thing. thank you. i got my entire life from that and it was completely unexpected. i got the gay fuzzies when Dannii entered the stage.

by Anonymousreply 94December 18, 2016 5:29 AM

R94, I know, right? I'm not even much of a Christmasy person, but I was utterly charmed.

by Anonymousreply 95December 18, 2016 6:40 AM

Kylie said on the second show it may be a tradition. If it returns next year, GO. Amazing show.

by Anonymousreply 96December 18, 2016 7:10 AM

Did you see Kylie's D at the show, R96?

by Anonymousreply 97December 18, 2016 7:59 AM

As much as I like Kylie, Tina did this much better years ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 18, 2016 8:41 AM

For someone who's only had one top five song she's OK

by Anonymousreply 99December 18, 2016 12:33 PM

Tina seems cool. R98, but I think the Kylie's lighter touch suits the song much better.

by Anonymousreply 100December 18, 2016 12:39 PM

Tina is good, Kylie wins.

by Anonymousreply 101December 18, 2016 4:30 PM

I hope the new album and tour really materializes! I would be willing to travel to England just to see her!

by Anonymousreply 102December 18, 2016 4:37 PM

R102 - It definitely will. She's apparently in talks with new labels right now. Hopefully she lands with BMG, they have more reasonable expectations for legacy artists and seem to understand how to support musicians who are well into their careers. And, she's definitely going to tour again -- that's where her bread & butter is -- and you need a new album for a proper tour, so, chances are... you'll get your wish.

by Anonymousreply 103December 19, 2016 7:41 AM

I think Kylie's voice is so underrated. Yes, the tone is nasally and definitely grating for a lot of people, I understand that...but she's VERY polished with what she has and when she hits those prolonged high notes --- whew!! 😍

by Anonymousreply 104December 19, 2016 11:13 PM

[quote]I think Kylie's voice is so underrated. Yes, the tone is nasally and definitely grating for a lot of people, I understand that...but she's VERY polished with what she has and when she hits those prolonged high notes --- whew!!

R104 - I so agree. She's not a powerhouse, but she knows how to work so well within her limits. Unlike, ahem, a lot of other female pop vocalists with bigger voices. Like in this killer performance of the delightfully campy Your Disco Needs You. We get rich, earthy chest tones in the verses, some spoken French and a big operatic(ish) finish in her fab head voice. And it's LIVE. Truly underrated.

[quote]I hope the new album and tour really materializes! I would be willing to travel to England just to see her!

R102 - good news, looks like we're getting to the first part of your wish...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 21, 2016 7:14 AM

Oops. This was for your R102....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 21, 2016 7:23 AM

Manny kind thanks to you R106! Made my day.

by Anonymousreply 107December 23, 2016 7:01 PM

Last day to enjoy this one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 26, 2016 3:56 AM

And this one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 26, 2016 3:57 AM

SO looking forward to 2017 as it happens to be Kylie's 30th year as a pop icon!!! 👍

by Anonymousreply 110January 15, 2017 2:08 PM

Holy smokes, 30 years, R110! That makes me feel old. Guess I've been a fan since I was in single digits.

by Anonymousreply 111January 15, 2017 7:29 PM

I just watched this performance of Your Disco Needs You from the X Tour for the first time and I am BLOWN AWAY. This rivals Madonna's top performances from her peak years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 28, 2017 12:51 AM

My interest in her music sort of drifted away with the last couple of albums but I really like her. Always extremely supportive of gay causes, dealt with some tough breaks (cancer, failed relationships) in a very dignified way and a consummate entertainer who doesn't take herself too seriously despite her stardom (I'm looking at you, Madonna!)

by Anonymousreply 113January 28, 2017 12:58 AM

I thought Aphrodite was a brilliant album. Loved it!

by Anonymousreply 114January 28, 2017 1:26 AM

R133 I agree she needs to focus on what she and her fans love about her best! She looks great, knows her limitations and has worked pretty hard to get where she is.

by Anonymousreply 115January 28, 2017 1:36 AM

Always fun, upbeat and classy.

by Anonymousreply 116January 28, 2017 1:58 AM

Love her snapchats!

Oh, this thread is about another Kylie...

by Anonymousreply 117January 28, 2017 2:18 AM

Looks like our little Aussie pop princess is back in the studio...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 28, 2017 11:34 PM

this get me going

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 29, 2017 12:20 AM

"Better The Devil You Know" was the moment when she went from the sanitized, teen pop Kylie to the "Sexy Kylie" we know and love.

by Anonymousreply 120January 29, 2017 2:51 AM

She tended to score hotter dancers than Madge. Who was that one with the huge nipples on the Showgirl tour that created a sensation but was a hardcore Christian and left to direct religious shows. This isn't him, but it was on this tour...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 29, 2017 3:22 AM

R119 such a crime this song never made a dent in America. It is a CLASSIC. I mean, I get it. The sound is way too flirty for American audiences, and in 1990 American radio was filled with ballads and R&B

by Anonymousreply 122January 30, 2017 1:07 AM

r122 agreed. So many terrific Kylie songs didn't make it North America, whether because they were not released here or because Kylie and/or her team chose not to promote here. She's always had such an indifferent attitude towards North America.

by Anonymousreply 123January 30, 2017 1:34 AM

Everybody's Free to Feel Good live:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 30, 2017 2:37 AM

Here's how you work an outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 30, 2017 11:20 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 2, 2017 10:19 PM

Poor Kylie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 2, 2017 10:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128February 3, 2017 12:48 PM

Aw, that's sad. Poor Kylie. I always thought it was a bad idea to include the guy in her music videos and concerts so, relatively, early in their relationship. He was a good looking, (somewhat) successful actor in his 20s. Perhaps they should have had an open relationship from the start!

Well, you're on notice, Sam Taylor-Johnson!

Guess Kylie won't be adding this one to her concert setlists...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 3, 2017 2:50 PM

it's a TIME BOMB

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 3, 2017 2:53 PM

I would have been willing to share that hot furry fucker just as long as he came home so I cuddle up with that gorgeous chest every night.

by Anonymousreply 131February 4, 2017 5:46 PM

very sad that it was clear to everyone but Kylie that that guy just used for publicity/to raise his star. i hope this translates into sad,heart pumping disco tracks!

by Anonymousreply 132February 4, 2017 6:33 PM

It's a mystery to me why she's famous. She can't sing and her music sucks. Some other divas with no vocal talents like Madonna and Britney at least have a good amount of catchy songs, thanks to their songwriters and producers. And why do the gays love her so much?

by Anonymousreply 133February 4, 2017 6:46 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 134June 4, 2017 10:47 AM

R133 = Jason Donovan

by Anonymousreply 135June 8, 2017 12:58 AM

This song and video (now 12 years old) are still stone cold classics. Ahead of her time, to say the least. Who else was doing anything remotely like this in 2005?

Fun fact, the video's choreographed by Mickey Rooney's son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 8, 2017 4:54 AM

And, actually, it's FOURTEEN years old. Slow came out in 2003.

by Anonymousreply 137June 8, 2017 4:56 AM

I hope she does her Christmas show again this year. If she does, make the trip to London - it's worth it!!

by Anonymousreply 138June 8, 2017 5:16 AM

Honestly, I didn't follow Kylie until the Christmas album/dvd a year or two ago... which is the literal embodiment of delightful in every way.

Her songs were *HUGE* for some brief moments in time that I remember quite distinctly for some reason - first the "Locomotion" in the late-80s, which was played on the then-new Disney channel every 10 minutes for years; then the "Can't Get You Outta My Head" and follow-up(s), which were ubiquitous. That's the only song I ever remember hearing 10+ times in one day traveling throughout Manhattan. It really was... everywhere.

Love her.

It seems as she enters her 50s, she's everything Madonna wants to be... but isn't anymore.

Incredibly hot, ahead of the curve, fun, sexy and engaging. Look forward to what's next.

by Anonymousreply 139June 8, 2017 10:25 AM

r139 exactly. sure, kylie isn't very innovative. was anyone ever expecting that, though? she's hit the sweet spot where expectations for her work aren't incredibly high, and she's carved a niche that's distinctly her own. seriously, no other pop singer has really *done* a sound like kylie: purely camp dance music that straddles between commercial and exclusively club.

by Anonymousreply 140June 9, 2017 6:53 AM

New Kylie song. Well, not a Kylie-Kylie song. It's a guest vocal on the new Zoot Woman album. It's lovely, if a bit slight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 18, 2017 10:31 AM

Need you tonight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 9, 2017 1:07 PM

This bitch is almost 50 years old!!!!

by Anonymousreply 143July 9, 2017 1:51 PM

Her personality and persona make me want to love her music. I just can't. I like some of her songs, but after a while they become unlistenable. I get the comparisons to Madonna and I do prefer her to Madonna because she seems decent and Madonna is such a humorless self-serious bitterball. But most of their music, both of them, is just so vapid it makes my brain feel starved.

by Anonymousreply 144July 9, 2017 2:16 PM

How can anybody not love Kylie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 10, 2017 5:44 AM

Damn. 30 years. That's impressive.

by Anonymousreply 146July 10, 2017 6:29 AM

Kylie Minogue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 10, 2017 7:22 AM

She's a living proof that gay people have terrible taste in music

by Anonymousreply 148July 10, 2017 8:19 AM

I love the transition from Vegas jazz to Chemical Brothers banger after about 4:00...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 13, 2017 10:36 AM

Gorgeous rendition of ‘I Should be so Lucky’:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 1, 2019 11:50 AM

‘New York City’:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 1, 2019 11:58 AM

"Because she's never been huge or mainstream here in the US, she's often been able to be just-a-tiny-bit-weird."

I see no causality.

by Anonymousreply 152August 1, 2019 11:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!