Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Warner Bros. Fast-Tracks Big Budget Production of 'Crazy Rich Asians'

I keep putting off reading the book, but I've been told it's a good, campy soap and anyone with an Asian (or ethnic) background can relate.

Will this be our new Joy Luck Club? Will this film usher in more Asian representation in the media?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2018 5:00 PM

no

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2016 7:43 AM

I can't wait to see sexy Asian guys

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2016 7:46 AM

Oh dear, I'm dreading this.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2016 7:52 AM

[quote]It’s being pitched as a combination of “Devil Wears Prada” and “Pride & Prejudice,”

What could possibly go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2016 8:12 AM

R2 They don't exist dear. Just another myth like male bisexuality

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2016 8:25 AM

If you eliminated casually dropped high-end brand names, the book would be reduced to 15 pages.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2016 12:10 PM

While I realize it's on purpose, is it more

CRAZY rich Asians

or

CRAZY RICH Asians

I've always wondered but can't be bothered to research more than a casual question on DL since I'm already here.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2016 12:32 PM

And descriptions of food, R6. Jesus Christ, the amount of unnecessary exposition spent describing in painstaking detail the invariably "mouth-watering" Malay Chinese dishes to the uninitiated.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2016 12:58 PM

Asians aren't funny.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2016 2:53 PM

When were you the mouthpiece of Black Americans?

No one race has a monopoly on humor.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2016 3:12 PM

Tongue in cheek 10. Tongue in cheek.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2016 3:20 PM

I have no problem with the idea.

They're achievers and they commit little crime and general public upset unlike other groups. Leave 'em be !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2016 4:02 PM

Trailer.

The blonde one is funny as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 2:50 PM

Very cute, but is he leading actor material?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2018 4:31 PM

I read the first book in the series almost to completion. It was entertaining and amusing...until the bachelor party. Part of the entertainment was attending a fight-to-kill dog competition. Very graphic and off putting. I put the book down and never picked it up again.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2018 4:57 PM

r15 Oh, that's awful! I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2018 5:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!