Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you ever get a ominous feeling??? I have felt lately something bad is about to go down. Not sure if I feel something bad

will happen to me personally or on a larger scale. It might just be this election. The thought of a Trump presidency is horrifying. I wish I could shake this .

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2018 2:07 AM

Yes, it is an anxiety disorder.

by Anonymousreply 1August 29, 2016 6:39 PM

OP is a neurotic Chicken Little

by Anonymousreply 2August 29, 2016 6:45 PM

Last night I woke up suddenly at 5 am with a bad feeling, i felt achy all over. then i managed to get to sleep again. This morning a woke up at the news that a person I knew and liked years ago had passed away during the night. Maybe we can really feel things, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3August 29, 2016 6:46 PM

Lately, yes..

by Anonymousreply 4August 29, 2016 6:50 PM

Mercury also goes retrograde from August 30-September 22...

by Anonymousreply 5August 29, 2016 6:56 PM

You know, before disasters people often have premonitions or bad dreams. It would be interesting to have people post about dreams or bad feelings, and go back later and see if anything happened, even if it just happened to that one person.

I also woke up having an anxiety attack this morning. I have them sometimes, but it's been months. Kind of feel like I'm bursting with (anxious) energy, which is not what they usually feel like.

by Anonymousreply 6August 29, 2016 7:11 PM

R7, I thought I was getting anxiety attacks, and in fact they were episodes of heart palpitations. I learned to stop them or just ride them out. When I realised that is what they were, I stopped escalating it into a panic attack. It's scary when they wake you up, but heart palitations in themselves are not dangerous. It's also worth discovering what triggers them; mine stopped once I cut out coffee. But until I learned what was going on and took control, my anxiety was off the charts. Taken to hospital by ambulance in the middle of the night..

by Anonymousreply 7August 29, 2016 7:21 PM

R8, I do have heart palpitations once in a while. It's not that. And I can't drink coffee for that reason. In fact, I don't drink caffeinated tea or any coffee, ever. Or caffeinated sodas. But anxiety attacks do run in the family for some reason.

I did find out that feeling ill can cause anxiety attacks though. It's not that now, I feel fine.

by Anonymousreply 8August 29, 2016 7:25 PM

It's too bad we can't ask any of those Norwegian reindeer if they experienced this before the lightning strike.

by Anonymousreply 9August 29, 2016 7:32 PM

Exercise in the daylight outside.

Use benzos.

Drink.

by Anonymousreply 10August 29, 2016 7:33 PM

Was it this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 29, 2016 7:43 PM

I've had to deal with anxiety most of my life. Not having an ominous feeling is the exception for me.

by Anonymousreply 12August 29, 2016 7:54 PM

If you have heart palpitations, cough.

Or you can ball up your hand and lightly hit your sternum a few times while going, "Ahem" (so people around you will think you are just having a little problem with phlegm and you aren't insane)

by Anonymousreply 13August 29, 2016 9:07 PM

Yes, when the Academy Awards nominations are announced each year.

by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2016 9:23 PM

It's all the election craziness. I had to force myself to turn off the news shows. That helps.

by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2016 11:58 PM

I have a weird feeling the world is about to be invaded by not so nice aliens.

by Anonymousreply 16August 30, 2016 1:18 AM

See the Predictions 2016 thread but take a benzo and a stiff drink before you do.

by Anonymousreply 17August 30, 2016 1:21 AM

2016 has been a shitshow, OP. I think most of us have felt this on the regular. Exercise a little more, take something to help you sleep, and turn off the news. Getting off of Reddit and some social media helps a lot, too.

by Anonymousreply 18August 30, 2016 1:29 AM

Wow this guy predicted Hawaii before it happened.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2018 1:07 AM

Have you been treated badly by others and by life in general, OP? Just curious. I too have those feelings but they often translate into something real and bad. I don’t leave the house too much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2018 1:15 AM

A person I have blocked bumped this. Who is bumping these year’s old threads? Damn.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2018 1:17 AM

Exxxcccccuuuuuuuse me, R22. It's all about you on the DL forum; right, Princess Not So Bright?

Freakin; Freak - Shoo!

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2018 1:55 AM

I've been having a strange feeling something bad is going to happen to our country. There is just so much weird shit going on

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2018 2:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!