Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A just too cute video of a Seal jumping on a boat to avoid being eaten by killer whales.

A pod of Orca whales is chasing this seal and its only option is to jump on the back of a boat that isn't moving. It leaves a couple of times and the Orcas force it right back on the boat. I just thought this was so cute, wish they had done a better job of taking the video but you get the idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2020 5:26 PM

When I was looking for the Youtube video above I also cam across this way too cute video of a seal coming on a boat for over an hour and resting its head on a guys lap. The video isn't over an hour it is a little over six minutes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2016 1:24 AM

Why do we still have people who have no clue how to hold their phones to record?

by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2016 1:26 AM

Poor seal. He's so cute and helpless.

And those people are fucking idiots.

Instead of helping the seal to get away, they sit around like dumb assholes, filming the seal and saying the most ridiculously stupid things ever.

The seal should have pushed those four fucking morons in the water, and taken off in the boat.

by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2016 1:29 AM

Why would they even consider pushing that seal back in the water? I mean I'm all for natural selection and survival of the fittest, but that little guy is a survivor. He's not weak.

by Anonymousreply 4August 27, 2016 1:30 AM

Agree with r3 and r4 that really pissed me off when the moron said maybe we should push him back in the water. His eyes were just pitiful, poor sould just wanted to survive and the assholes kept hovering and yeah his tail was too close to the edge was afraid that the whale would grab it-they certainly didn't go out of their way to help just cared about filming.

by Anonymousreply 5August 27, 2016 1:36 AM

I think maybe the people on the boat were afraid to start the motors which could have harmed the orcas and if the seal got scared and jumped back into the water he could have been harmed by the propellers also. Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

by Anonymousreply 6August 27, 2016 1:37 AM

Is "Holy Fuck" a Canadian thing, or do Americans say that, too?

by Anonymousreply 7August 27, 2016 1:38 AM

And did you see how the poor thing was also afraid of the humans, so he went back into the water? Poor thing was stuck between a rock and hard place.

by Anonymousreply 8August 27, 2016 1:39 AM

The Canadian accent is like a WI/MN one to me in that it's like nails on a chalkboard (No offense, Canadians).

by Anonymousreply 9August 27, 2016 1:43 AM

There are different ones, R9

by Anonymousreply 10August 27, 2016 1:44 AM

Canadian indifference to seal suffering is the strangest thing to me. Possibly because I look at Canadians in the same way I look at seals -- aw look at the sweet, harmless thing just trying to get by and have some fun.

Agreed with r10. I find the Canadian accent charming, the MN slightly less so, and the WI obnoxious (leading over to the MI accent, which is best described as "loud").

by Anonymousreply 11August 27, 2016 1:48 AM

R10, I'm sure there are, but thicker ones are grating. Like I said, no offense. I mean I have a NY accent, so a lot of people don't like a NY accent either.

by Anonymousreply 12August 27, 2016 1:54 AM

I just don't understand. I always feel like I'm "odd." Had that been me on the boat, I would have IMMEDIATELY done ANYTHING possible to help that seal survive. I mean, it's a life we're talking about here. I understand natural selection and the food chain and all that stuff and I believe that it has its pace, but the minute the universe put that seal on my boat I would have been its protector.

The reaction of the guys on the boat seems bizarre to me.

This was a magical, once in a lifetime moment that these retards squandered and failed to understand.

I sure hope that seal lived.

by Anonymousreply 13August 27, 2016 3:37 AM

They should have pushed it back. This is a black thing. Because orcas are black they gotta be da losers. I choose the orcas bitches. #blackwhalesmatter

by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2016 3:45 AM

That poor seal was scared of out's mind, between the orcas and that group of loud people. I hope it took a long nap after that. They really should've stopped yelling and backed away from it so it would feel safe.

by Anonymousreply 15August 27, 2016 3:52 AM

R15 Is such a pussy she would be eaten first EVERY FUCKING TIME. Strap on a pair lil Suzy.

by Anonymousreply 16August 27, 2016 4:01 AM

Cute my ass, some of seal-species hunts penguin too.

by Anonymousreply 17August 27, 2016 4:08 AM

r16, I would've thrown your fat ass right overboard, those whales would've been eating good for a month!

by Anonymousreply 18August 27, 2016 4:21 AM

[quote]Cute my ass, some of seal-species hunts penguin too.

And rape them, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 27, 2016 4:24 AM

All accents from western new york over to minnesota are unbearable, as is the accent of english-speaking canada. all of these white people should be orca food.

by Anonymousreply 20August 27, 2016 4:27 AM

R18 Tough talking cunty lil wimpy SJW. Blocked fucker.

by Anonymousreply 21August 27, 2016 4:43 AM

Humans are not on the Orca's list of food items. We don't taste good to them, especially with clothes on. So throwing one of the men into the sea probably wouldn't do anything unless one of the orcas mistook it for the seal.

by Anonymousreply 22August 27, 2016 5:29 AM

R2 that was my first thought as well. That said, isn’t this something that phones should fix internally at this point (I.e. record horizontally no matter which way you hold the phone)?

by Anonymousreply 23July 7, 2020 3:56 PM

I love animal-rescue videos. Here's one of a humpback whale tangled in nets being cut free. There's a short intro. The rescue starts around :51.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 7, 2020 5:00 PM

Throw the damn thing overboard. That's the many thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 25July 7, 2020 5:10 PM

I wonder if the guy realized that he exposed his butt crack to the world?

by Anonymousreply 26July 7, 2020 5:11 PM

"Humans are not on the Orca's list of food items. "

Tell that to Bo Derek!

by Anonymousreply 27July 7, 2020 5:22 PM

I find this thread almost as creepy as OP's video.

by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2020 5:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!