Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Black Lives Matter says White People CANNOT Wear Their T-Shirts

A Toronto musician named SIMA XYN claimed she tried to buy a Black Lives Matter shirt and make a donation to the group during Toronto Pride week but was refused service because she is white.

BLM responded on Twitter on Saturday, tweeting that a volunteer told the musician that the “movement shirts are for “Black-identified folks.”

“Denying me service due to my race when I’m showing my support to the Toronto #blacklivematter movement is ironic and killing my human rights,” SIMA XYN tweeted.

BLM also tweeted that the musician could make a donation instead

by Anonymousreply 83November 5, 2017 6:23 PM

No problem here. Noted. Will be canceling my Amazon order asap.

by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2016 7:08 PM

How long until we can flush this organization down the toilet where it belongs?

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2016 7:09 PM

Fuck them right in the ass

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2016 7:11 PM

Oh, moan. No BLM t-shirt for me. How shall I survive?

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2016 7:18 PM

I won't stand for it!!!! I ordered one in a 4XL!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2016 7:19 PM

I'm half black, can I buy half a shirt?

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2016 7:21 PM

You can buy a keychain, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2016 7:21 PM

So they're "don't use our drinking fountain"-ing everyone who isn't black or asian like the loud chick at the protest, but then they stop the protest about gay people and whine about the inclusion they're already receiving because WE LIVE IN FUCKING CANADA YOU STUPID FUCKING NIMRODS!!!

Obvious, but I just wanted to say it.

by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2016 7:24 PM

White woman in question who tried to buy the T-shirt but was told they don't sell their T-shirts to White People

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2016 7:24 PM

Yeah, I am generally supportive of BLM and a lot of what they stood for re: the police shootings in the US.

But the shit they pulled at Toronto Pride just sounded like separatist cuntery. It buys them nothing.

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2016 7:28 PM

R9 : She's Turkish, she's basically white. Do you know any Turkish people? I do. You know what they look like? White people. Ask the BLONDE ones about that. Not all Turkish people look like the young turks newscaster dude, they look white. He's got an artificial power tan.

Regardless, she still didn't get the T-shirt because she wasn't black enough to care.

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2016 7:28 PM

protest -> parade*

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2016 7:30 PM

Black-identified folks?! So... what if one identifies as Rachel Dolezal?

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2016 7:31 PM

Imagine if Ellen Holly was refused a T-shirt by Black Lives matter

by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2016 7:35 PM

What if someone claimed to be black in a past life like some women at Michfest who tried to get into a Native American event

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2016 7:47 PM

From SIMA XYN's Twitter account: " I tried to make a donation yesterday at your booth and was sent away because I am not black."

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2016 7:49 PM

BLM morphing into a separatist movement changes the context of a lot of their past activism. I don't have any kind of ethical or philosophical problem with separatist movements, but I do wonder why BLM hasn't been flatly announcing their intentions. White folks wouldn't try to buy the shirts if they knew.

by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2016 7:53 PM

If they're determined to be that separatist, then why the fuck do they keep infiltrating places where they don't belong (like Pride)?

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2016 7:56 PM

[quote] If they're determined to be that separatist, then why the fuck do they keep infiltrating places where they don't belong (like Pride)?

Because with butthurt Millennials, it didn't happen unless a million people see it.

That's why every fucking bite of food a millennial eats has to be fucking Instagrammed and Facebooked to fucking DEATH.

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2016 7:59 PM

Black Lives do not matter to Black People.....PERIOD. This is why they are all killing each other.

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2016 8:00 PM

If what they're attempting to accomplish is mockery of their cause, good job. Way to alienate anyone who would normally give a shit. Their "lives" don't matter much if shit like this sets them off. How about these assholes go after people like Jay Z who actually does less than shit for the community where he grew up if they want no support from anyone who isn't black? People like him leave Bed-Stuy, make half a billion and couldn't give less of a shit about black people unless he can make money off of them and pretend to "care" about causes when really, he's only making money off if them.

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2016 8:03 PM

I know a lady who worked on the pride parade this year and they are royally pissed off. BLM was invited as guests and no one argued the point. Then after what happened, they pretty much lost all their supporters at the pride committee, including people of colour.

What really pissed everyone off was that this parade was suppose to be for the victims in the Pulse shooting and BLM made it about themselves.

The head of the committee has already said he signed their demands to get the parade moving and has no intention of blocking police from attending nest year, or any year. BLM will not be invited as guests next year.

by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2016 8:14 PM

[quote] BLM will not be invited as guests next year.

And if they crash the event?

by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2016 8:15 PM

R23 if they want to be in the parade they have to submit a float and pay the fee just like everyone else, they will not be given a free ride like happened this year. What will happen if they choose to crash the parade rather than participate like everyone else is up in the air.

The committee doesn't want to exclude anyone or use force on anyone so I guess BLM can have their little temper tantrum and realize that with each passing spectacle they lose more allies.

BLM said it's us or the police and the pride committee chose the police, and I support that.

by Anonymousreply 24July 5, 2016 8:21 PM

Maybe the cops'll shoot 'em if they try to crash it next year.

by Anonymousreply 25July 5, 2016 8:21 PM

They shouldn't have been invited as guests this year. They are NOT an LGBT organization, have no affiliation with any LGBT organizations and couldn't give two fucks about gay people. Anyone with a functioning eyeball can see that. So really this is Toronto Pride's fault and I guess they got what they deserved.

by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2016 8:22 PM

I don't think the cops would give them the satisfaction R25.

Agreed R26. No good deed, and all that.

by Anonymousreply 27July 5, 2016 8:23 PM

R26 they said all the BLM people who participated at Pride were mostly queer

by Anonymousreply 28July 5, 2016 8:23 PM

I don't buy that for a minute, sorry. That might have been what BLM told them, though.

by Anonymousreply 29July 5, 2016 8:25 PM

Their stunts are making their lives look meaningless. Being a complete dick about everything only makes everyone else want to be rid of you. Who needs dealing with assholes of any color?

by Anonymousreply 30July 5, 2016 8:27 PM

BLM and the trannys ought to get together and mutually dilate each other.

by Anonymousreply 31July 5, 2016 8:28 PM

R28 according to my friend one of the BLM guys used an anti-gay slur while talking to some of the committee members and was finally told to be quiet by one of the women. I have to wonder how many actually were gay.

Canadian BLM groups are too much of "Me too!" mentality." Black Canadians have it pretty good compared to black Americans, yet they want people to believe it's like Compton up here.

by Anonymousreply 32July 5, 2016 8:29 PM

Can I still wear my Leslie Uggums T-Shirt and matching Diiahnn Carroll pearl earrings? I had them especially made.

by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2016 8:45 PM

Is it still racist to point out a large portion of the black community hates both gays and women?

by Anonymousreply 34July 5, 2016 8:51 PM

Don't you wish you could just flush this stupid BLM?

Anyone have a plunger? I think their egos might clog the fucking toilet.

by Anonymousreply 35July 5, 2016 9:01 PM

Then R23 ,send in the Dykes on Bikes with scythes on their wheels and they'll clear the way.

by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2016 9:12 PM

If any of you had bothered to look at her past writings, you can see that the "founder" of BLM Canada is an outright black supremacist who subscribes to discredited nonsense like "melanin science" so none of this should be surprising. They're struggling to find Canadian black victims to fit their victimization narrative (the US version isn't much different in this respect) so they play up the handful of police shootings like Andrew "Hammertime" Loku like it's a genocide. Ignore these idiots.

by Anonymousreply 37July 5, 2016 9:17 PM

OBLM*

*Only Black Lives Matter

There, I fixed that for them.

They don't want their movement to appear deceitful, now, do they?

by Anonymousreply 38July 5, 2016 10:14 PM

Every dead Black Panther activist is rolling in his or her grave.

by Anonymousreply 39July 5, 2016 10:31 PM

Black Lives Matter no more, to me.

by Anonymousreply 40July 5, 2016 10:58 PM

" Noted. Will be canceling my Amazon order asap. "

r1 I thought you were kidding but looking at Amazon there they are.

And the models are nearly all white. :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 5, 2016 11:04 PM

Professor and Chair of the Department of Sociology and Equity Studies at the University of Toronto, Rinaldo Walcott, says the White woman who is claiming a Black Lives Matter volunteer refused to sell her a t-shirt is EXPLOITING the situation to bring attention to herself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 5, 2016 11:29 PM

So many special Black snowflakes micro-aggressed. We must facilitate an intersectional dialogue!

by Anonymousreply 43July 5, 2016 11:40 PM

Fortunately Caribana Festival has invited the GLBTQ community to be parade marshals this year.

by Anonymousreply 44July 5, 2016 11:53 PM

[quote]Professor and Chair of the Department of Sociology and Equity Studies at the University of Toronto, Rinaldo Walcott, says the White woman who is claiming a Black Lives Matter volunteer refused to sell her a t-shirt is EXPLOITING the situation to bring attention to herself!

That's the pot calling the kettle bl...Oh, never mind.

by Anonymousreply 45July 6, 2016 12:08 AM

Thanks r6 and r7 for a genuine LOL moment.

by Anonymousreply 46July 6, 2016 12:12 AM

R5

Is that lovely LINDA STEIN ?

Did she 'refuel' with lard or sugar ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 6, 2016 12:21 AM

Are we sure it isn't performance art with that lovely young lady @R47?

by Anonymousreply 48July 6, 2016 12:26 AM

Black Lives Matter

" NOT in my enclave they don't !"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 6, 2016 12:29 AM

I thought 'TrigglyPuff's real name was Cora Segal r47

by Anonymousreply 50July 6, 2016 12:39 AM

[quote] BLM said it's us or the police and the pride committee chose the police, and I support that.

I'm sure the people in Pulse kept thinking "God, I hope some Black Lives Matter activists are on the way!"

by Anonymousreply 51July 6, 2016 12:52 AM

[quote]Yeah, I am generally supportive of BLM and a lot of what they stood for re: the police shootings in the US.

[quote]But the shit they pulled at Toronto Pride just sounded like separatist cuntery. It buys them nothing.

I feel the same way. I liked that they took the shootings and other forms of police brutality. But, some of their antics have pissed me off. There was the incident at Dartmouth where a bunch of them ran into a library screaming Black Lives Matter and getting in the faces of white students who were just in the library to study. The shit at Toronto Pride also pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 52July 6, 2016 12:54 AM

Racist idiots.

by Anonymousreply 53July 6, 2016 1:40 AM

Now I understand why the cops shoot these people!!

by Anonymousreply 54July 6, 2016 1:45 AM

How much would I have to donate to purchase ALL the fucking tee shirts and set them on fire?

by Anonymousreply 55July 6, 2016 1:56 AM

Is anyone within the black community not afraid to tell these people they look like idiots with some of this nonsense and only cheapens the real issues? I'm for equality under the law, employment and life in general. I'm not for morons going ballistic because they see some white kid in cornrows. Cultural appropriation! Cultural appropriation! Why don't you start with the rappers who only see the oh so precious culture as a money-making opportunity rather than a genuine love for it.

by Anonymousreply 56July 6, 2016 2:05 AM

[quote] Professor and Chair of the Department of Sociology and Equity Studies at the University of Toronto, Rinaldo Walcott, says the White woman who is claiming a Black Lives Matter volunteer refused to sell her a t-shirt is EXPLOITING the situation to bring attention to herself!

The professor is black and biased. Stick to the color line, Baby.

by Anonymousreply 57July 6, 2016 3:18 AM

Everyone knows that exploitation and reporting are synonymous.

by Anonymousreply 58July 6, 2016 3:26 AM

-anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 59July 6, 2016 12:11 PM

Well she has a black name , doesn't that count ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 6, 2016 12:50 PM

Oh for fucks sake, those BLM idiots would still be wearing loinclothes and have boobs hanging down to the ground of we hadn't taught them how to wear human clothes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 6, 2016 12:55 PM

In the video at R42 the reporter makes the point of what would happen if a black person tried to buy a tee shirt from a white group and was told the shirts couldn't be sold to a person of color. the professor of course goes into a spiel about false equivalencies, the long history of whites suppressing blacks, etc. So, in other words, it's okay is an oppressed minority discriminates against someone belonging to the majority because turn-about is fair play?

by Anonymousreply 62July 6, 2016 9:45 PM

huh?

by Anonymousreply 63July 25, 2016 2:50 AM

Great! I see they are hoping to fail completely well before Labor Day! Bye assholes!

by Anonymousreply 64July 25, 2016 3:00 AM

And this is who will be representing the Democratic Party this week. Most people have already dropped out of the Democratic Party in spirit, but many will officially leave after the convention.

Poor Hillary, I do feel sorry for her. She is surrounded by nincompoops.

by Anonymousreply 65July 25, 2016 3:04 AM

Oh, look: another race-baiting thread by the race-baiting coward who got kicked off of Twitter...

by Anonymousreply 66July 25, 2016 3:17 AM

Who would WANT one?

by Anonymousreply 67July 25, 2016 4:33 AM

R67, someone asking to be put on a list.

by Anonymousreply 68July 25, 2016 4:36 AM

People have really lost patience with these assholes.

by Anonymousreply 69July 25, 2016 4:52 AM

**SHOTS FIRED ON THE DANCE FLOOR**

by Anonymousreply 70July 25, 2016 4:53 AM

If anyone is paying attention, you'd know that BLM is C.I.A.... Due.....

Ever heard of cointelpro?!?!??

by Anonymousreply 71July 25, 2016 5:03 AM

Segregation is back.

"Separate But Equal"

This time by choice.

by Anonymousreply 72July 25, 2016 1:28 PM

Sounds to me like BLM is the brainchild of whoever is the current Donald Segretti.

by Anonymousreply 73July 25, 2016 1:37 PM

The same kind of SJWism that begat THIS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 25, 2016 1:39 PM

Do BLM activists stand outside court houses to scream their slogan at the lawyers defending black gang-bangers who have killed their 'brothers'?

Or does the death of a black person only matter if they are killed by a non-black person?

by Anonymousreply 75July 25, 2016 2:28 PM

I'm so glad that I live in an area that is 95% white with a few Asians thrown in. It's really nice.

by Anonymousreply 76July 25, 2016 5:13 PM

Well, they'll be interrupting your brunch soon R76.

by Anonymousreply 77July 25, 2016 6:51 PM

BLM can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 78July 25, 2016 6:59 PM

That's fine. I will wear a t-shirt saying 'Black lives don't matter to ME'.

by Anonymousreply 79July 25, 2016 8:06 PM

New and improved list of Black Lives Matters demands!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 30, 2017 7:43 PM

A bunch of uneducated and lazy mutherfuckers talking shit about a real movement that is making a positive change around the world. Do something productive.

by Anonymousreply 81November 5, 2017 6:19 PM

This is why Canada is turning into a land of deplorables. People are tired of being told what to say, think, feel, buy, do...

by Anonymousreply 82November 5, 2017 6:23 PM

division thread.

by Anonymousreply 83November 5, 2017 6:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!