Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Gym Buddies - How do STRAIGHT Bodybuilders treat you at GYM

Do you get a lot of homophobia from straights guys at the gym? Or do they treat you with respect your sexuality is not an issue.

Discuss below!

by Anonymousreply 232September 9, 2020 12:41 AM

I've never had a problem with straight guys at the gym - they've always been respectful.

by Anonymousreply 1June 26, 2016 6:20 PM

I work out at a university gym, so nobody really gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 2June 26, 2016 6:25 PM

R1 Me too. I don't know what OP is talking about. I've even made friends with a few (and they know I'm gay).

by Anonymousreply 3June 26, 2016 6:26 PM

I've run into homophobia - a few members that declared gay members should not work out there, should be killed - they were black.

I changed locations because of that.

Then, I ran into an Omar Mateen type who was obsessed with gay men, very homophobic, would stare at you, follow you around the gym, tell people you were gay in the hopes you would get jumped, etc. I switched locations again. So far, so good at this location.

by Anonymousreply 4June 26, 2016 6:29 PM

R3 read R4

by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2016 6:30 PM

Unless you are being super creepy and staring them down no one will care. If you are actually there to work out I don't understand how you think there would be drama.

by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2016 6:30 PM

Yes only get men are capable of being creepy, R6. Not the innocent, victimized straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2016 6:32 PM

*gay men

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2016 6:34 PM

How would they even know? Unless you're Paul Lynde.

[quote]Yes only get men are capable of being creepy, [R6]. Not the innocent, victimized straight guy.

What? Price of tea in China?

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2016 6:34 PM

I do 't get it R9.

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2016 6:35 PM

OP, you're clearly the problem and there will be gay men on this site who lick the crusty assholes of straight men who will remind you of that.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2016 6:37 PM

No, never.

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2016 6:37 PM

Where the hell do you live r4? And how do people even know you are gay? Though I guess some guys are just naturally more obvious, can't be helped.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2016 6:40 PM

I live in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2016 6:44 PM

Most people at the various gyms I've joined just ignore one another except to ask "Can I work in?" or "Are you using that?"

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2016 7:04 PM

OP, why do you ask? Are you going through something?

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2016 9:38 PM

There is a very traditional Russian community near where I live. Some of the straight Russian bros are a bit homophobic, but other than that, everyone is cool.

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2016 9:42 PM

How old are you R17?

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2016 9:44 PM

I'm in my 30s, R18. The Russians are, I'm guessing, early 20s.

I don't announce to the gym I'm gay, but the guy and I sometimes work out together so it is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2016 9:51 PM

30s? You mean 38? 39?

I ask because I'm perplexed by older men who use "bro". I find you all laughable. I feel sorry for your "obvious" friend. He can do better.

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2016 9:53 PM

R20, I'm 33.

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2016 9:54 PM

And I meant it's obvious because we are a couple and interact like one, not because he pings. I probably ping more than he does to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2016 9:56 PM

Only once. In the mid 80s I worked at a gym in the Marina District of SF. A black lady was concerned about the sweat of some gay members on the yoga and stretching mats. She seemed sincere and not hateful.

A different time I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2016 10:20 PM

What is the appeal for hetero men to engage in bodybuilding and why would they go so homophobic if bodybuilding was basically invented by Greek gay men?

Bodybuilding was not only inspired by a sense of duty to be strong and all that stuff; it was also inspired by same-sex attraction to men and the male body. Its natural for gays and bisexual men to engage in bodybuilding and enjoy muscles.

I can understand hetero men obsessed with the female body, that's natural and obvious, but I cannot understand hetero men obsessed with the male body. Women are much less appreciative of the bodybuilder look than gay men.

How many gay men have you seen obsessed with the female body or with female bodybuilding shows? NONE.

Bodybuilding was created by gay for the gays.

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2016 11:54 AM

R24 speaks the truth. Never understood it myself.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2016 12:14 PM

[Quote]a few members that declared gay members should not work out there, should be killed - they were black.

Why was it necessary for you to mention that they were black, r4? If you have a bone of contention about black homophobes at the gym, then start a separate for that subject, and discuss it there. Otherwise, leave out your racist-tinged superfluous remarks.

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2016 1:05 PM

Because it's necessary. If you don't like it, tough.

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2016 1:31 PM

they are always handy for scrubbing my back in the showers.

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2016 1:33 PM

Mentioning a a homophobes race, is racist. I also mentioned Arab guys harras me too R26. But, that's okay with you.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2016 1:34 PM

Chinese guys pull my pants down

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2016 1:54 PM

Japanese guys poke and pinch me

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2016 1:54 PM

R30

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2016 1:57 PM

You are not straight when you as a male are so into these bodies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2016 2:35 PM

Lots of straight jocks at the gym are gay-friendly nowadays.

But just a week ago, a super hot one caught me gazing at his body through the mirror and looked very enraged -- like he wanted to kill me.

I wasn't staring -- I believe staring at people is rude. Sometimes I get dirty looks from gay dudes for not staring enough.

But I can't stop the initial noticing of a hot guy. It's 1 to 2 seconds of involuntarily realizing someone is hot, then stifling that instinct and moving on.

God forbid the straight guys realize you're impressed with them.

I ignore this hot guy at my gym now, because I felt a Matthew Shepherd situation coming on.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2016 3:31 PM

Agree with R15. No one ever says anything to me other than, "Can I work in? Can I get a spot? Are you using that?" Then again, I don't stare at the other guys.

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2016 3:49 PM

Who has time to actually have conversations at the gym?

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2016 3:53 PM

It's changing with time for the better. I'm an old fart, gay . It was much different when I began working out at the gym 30+ years ago. One straight guy who I've been friends with since having met him at a HOLIDAY SPA had told me that some of his straight friends there had asked why he was hanging around that gay dude etc. Was he gay too ? The usual shit. He didn't care. He was married, two kids, comfortable with himself.

I find that in the past 10 years or so, today's youth just isn't as concerned. Years ago, I used to laugh to myself when some would get weirded out when I'd ask to use a piece of equipment. Half the time they'd either cut that routine short to move away or tell me that they only had "another 6 sets to do" which never deterred me as I'd say "fine,but I'm working in with you..........."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2016 4:09 PM

I've noticed that the gay men who do have problems at the gym are accused of being the problem. It's essentially their fault.

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2016 4:10 PM

That happened with me R37, except they asked a closeted personal trainer "Why he talks to that faggot".

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2016 4:12 PM

OP - why did you ask this? You're not dead from a gay bashing are you?

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2016 4:23 PM

In my experience, except for a few hardcore homophobes, the mutual interest in lifting and bodybuilding trumps sexual preference. In other words, guys in the gym relate to one another on the "we're all here working out" level about all else. I do notice that many straight guys are used to being admired and hit on by gay men (outside the gym, not necessarily inside it), it gratifies their egos, and they are disappointed when another guy doesn't show any more than casual interest in them.

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2016 4:26 PM

Most homophobes are repressing same sex feelings. All studies show the same results every year. Doesn't it come as contraditory that some homophobes go for bodybuilding, the very activity that is all about the sexy male figure? You call that sublimation of homosexuality.

The hypermasculine/hyperheterosexual attitude responds to their over-awareness of anything about them that may be read as non-heterosexual by others. This causes them to overreact to anything that may be associated with homosexuality for the fear of being discovered behing the mask homophobes always have on.

If you are not attracted to the same sex, what's your fear then?

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2016 4:59 PM

R41 matches my experiences. None of the guys at my gym really care about sexuality; if someone's gay it's a non-issue. If anything, a few of them will actually seem to become more interested in you as a person since it's something that distinguishes you from all the other guys working out there. A few will even engage in some interaction that is "flirty" - though that isn't quite the right word for it since they're not being overtly sexual. Either they like showing that they're "cool with it" or in some cases they enjoy the attention.

The only thing I have noticed - and this is just anecdotal - is that their locker room behavior will change depending on how many guys are in there. The more guys who are in there, the more likely they are to be shy about changing and drying off, etc. Among the guys who work out regularly, when it's been just me and one other in the locker room, I've noticed they tend less concerned about covering up.

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2016 5:10 PM

Homophobes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2016 5:10 PM

The ego-flattered straight lifters are only half, r41.

The other half really do want to beat the shit out of gays.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2016 5:26 PM

I go to a gym in Greenpoint, Brooklyn that a lot of meathead Polish muscle guys go to.

They dress like utter homos - as in tit-bustin wife-beaters, little tight shorts that emphasize their packages - but if you look at them wrong or too long their homophobia flares up. I haven't experienced it but a little fey hipster who was watching one guy do curls the other day got called a faggot.

It's such a mixed message environment. These straight guys totally want to be looked at. But only from women I guess.

Anyway. This little anecdotal experience to me totally validates the "Polish are dumb" stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2016 5:27 PM

R46, what's the point in mentioning these guys are Polish? I mean, if you have an issue with homophobic Poles, start a thread about it.

Sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2016 5:32 PM

R38, I think in most cases where people have problems, it's because they're not spending most of their time at the gym working out, and are far less subtle about ogling guys than they think.

I spend about ten hours a week at the gym, and in the fifteen or so years I've had a membership, I can only recall one incident where someone made a homophobic comment. Even that was just a straight dude making a bad AIDS joke about Siegfried and Roy; it was distasteful but not threatening.

There was this chubby little Asian who would follow me around as I moved from bench to bench. I eventually stopped going to that gym when he was around just to avoid him. I suspect that some of the people here act a lot like that guy.

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2016 7:02 PM

You don't know that R48. You don't know if they are ogling guys. I've been targeted for homophobia at the gym and I don't ogle at all. I'm in and out as fast as possible. I know where these people are coming from because I've been there.

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2016 7:08 PM

"I ignore this hot guy at my gym now, because I felt a Matthew Shepherd situation coming on."

You mean he was your ex-boyfriend and you felt he was going to kill you over some meth?

by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2016 7:21 PM

"It's such a mixed message environment. These straight guys totally want to be looked at. But only from women I guess."

What a shocker. Would you like some bull dyke staring at you in the gym?

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2016 7:22 PM

The locker room is a different story, R43. I'm always amused by the range of behaviors. Some guys walk around buck naked. Others won't get undressed without a towel wrapped tightly around them.

by Anonymousreply 52June 29, 2016 7:30 PM

I like the guys who march towards the showers wearing white briefs.

"I'm so disappointed," I told one, "I was hoping to see what you pack........"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 29, 2016 7:33 PM

I like the older men who put one leg up on the sink, naked, and shave.

by Anonymousreply 54June 29, 2016 7:40 PM

The muslims make me laugh too. They wear their underwear into the showers because they think that there are many many gay men in America lusting after them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 29, 2016 7:43 PM

Is that a Muslim or a Hindu?

by Anonymousreply 56June 29, 2016 7:45 PM

You know, if you live in a town, large town, small city, straight men seem to be able to tell.

by Anonymousreply 57June 29, 2016 7:47 PM

[quote]muslim or hindu?

FUGLY either way.

by Anonymousreply 58June 29, 2016 7:49 PM

R51, I don't even mind if men or women stare at me in the gym, even though I think it's rude. I'm a bit flattered.

But I have a problem when trolls like r48's start stalking me or try to take up my time. Then, I might tell them off or ignore them. I try not to change my course because of them, however.

by Anonymousreply 59June 29, 2016 9:07 PM

What about female trolls, R59? I'm sure they bother you too....

by Anonymousreply 60June 29, 2016 9:13 PM

Females don't really troll, r60.

And lesbians aren't interested. Why the fuck would a lesbian stare at a man in the gym?

by Anonymousreply 61June 29, 2016 9:30 PM

I don't understand why all the posts pointing out bad behavior in the gym have to state the race/ethnicity of the offenders, esp if they are minorities. So far we have black, black lady, Arab, chubby Asian, muslim (middle eastern). Why is this relevant information?

by Anonymousreply 62June 29, 2016 9:42 PM

r62, me neither, but I would like to hear more about the beefy, show-off Polish guys.

by Anonymousreply 63June 29, 2016 9:45 PM

I love how it's all races now with R62. Before it was just "black".

by Anonymousreply 64June 29, 2016 10:00 PM

"I don't understand why all the posts pointing out bad behavior in the gym have to state the race/ethnicity of the offenders, esp if they are minorities."

I add mine for color and context. I live in a VERY Polish neighborhood. People who were born in that country and then came here as adults, bringing with them their cultural biases, beliefs and mores - which are steeped in their version of Catholicism. As in - very conservative, arch, homophobic.

I find it fascinating that many of these guys, reared in a VERY homophobic culture and country, dress so flamboyantly. Telegraphing something very pointed and titillating - in BROOKLYN - which is full of fags, only to react so disgusted when they get some attention.

The country they are from is very much at the heart of my observations. Another angle: at this gym, its not uncommon to see a wife or girlfriend trailing one of the muscle guys and subserviently wiping down the equipment they just used. I have feeling this is just the way it is. Not because they are straight. But because that's how a lot of Polish men regard women.

by Anonymousreply 65June 29, 2016 10:05 PM

R42, because it's like that scene in clueless, when the stoner dude approached Cher, her response, as if, magnified like a million times, is what the recipient experiences. Not justifying, just explaining.

by Anonymousreply 66June 29, 2016 10:23 PM

In theory, muslims should not bodybuild because gym culture is gay in origin so they aren't supposed to engage in activities that are related to same-sex attraction. Whoever doens't believe this, read Greek history of the last millenium BC when homosexual men created gym culture and conceived the Greek body ideal. It was all motivated by same-sex attraction.

Also, muslims are not supposed to compete in bodybuilding either because there is some sort of clause in the quran about exposing not exposing body parts, especially when their are around the crotch area.

When muslims engage and compete in bodybuilding they are celebrating the first expression of gay culture that human history ever saw.

by Anonymousreply 67June 30, 2016 4:34 AM

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 68July 1, 2016 1:49 PM

straight to the gym

by Anonymousreply 69July 1, 2016 1:59 PM

I'm back to "how would anyone know you were gay?"

I mean do you say "Hey, are you done with the 35s because this proud, out gay man wants to use them!!"

I find most guys avoid the locker room these days, especially younger ones. They'll stash their coat there, but they head home to change and shower. As do I, just a lot easier.

by Anonymousreply 70July 1, 2016 2:04 PM

R70, some people just assume and target based on that. What difference does it make to you? It's homophobia regardless.

by Anonymousreply 71July 1, 2016 2:05 PM

R70 just buy the CHAWEL, the portable change room perfect for the gym!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 1, 2016 2:10 PM

It's the eye contact, R70.

by Anonymousreply 73July 1, 2016 2:15 PM

When I was in school during thelast two years before entering high school and we were enetering puberty and we had to have a shower after the gym class (we call it differently in my country) my male classmates-most were heterosexual-invented some sexualised games such us finding the right moment to rub their penises on other guy and things like that. I always avoided those moments and always felt uncomfortable with them doing those things.

Heterosexual guys are dirtier than they will ever admit. That's why heterosexual men make up most men who sexually abuse others. We might as well call this projection: they paint gay men as men who want to assault them sexually because they (hetero men) are very likely to exert power through forced sex on others.

by Anonymousreply 74July 4, 2016 3:04 PM

They are cool. But then I'm a masculine bi dude who only really hangs with straight bros.

by Anonymousreply 75July 4, 2016 3:08 PM

It's true that most hot young buff dudes avoid the Lockerroom. A lot of dudes come dressed to work out and bring small back packs with them to the gym floor.

by Anonymousreply 76July 4, 2016 3:09 PM

Times have changed in any big city now. That you're gay or bi is rarely viewed as an issue by the guys in the gym from most under say 40. I met a great workout partner at the gym and he has no issues me being gay with nor being associated with an openly gay dude. It only even came up because i'm married with the ring and he made an assumption it was to a women. Clarified it was to another guy and we've never had a problem.Over the last couple months we've become pretty good friends. It's just not something he even considers as an issue.

by Anonymousreply 77July 4, 2016 4:14 PM

Hetero men owe gym culture to gay men.

by Anonymousreply 78July 4, 2016 4:20 PM

Do these straight muscle men make you feel like second class citizens in the gym or the way they express themselves about homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 79July 8, 2016 11:14 AM

Interesting question, R79. There's a way to be straightforwardly gay without "pinging" too much or being obnoxious (i.e., cruising too intensely, or hitting on guys who obviously aren't interested). I'm sure some people would say, "In other words, you're dialing down the gay and acting straight in order to fit in." On the other hand, a homophobe's worst nightmare may be a pumped-up gay man who isn't going to take any shit from him. That can be a real learning experience for him.

by Anonymousreply 80July 8, 2016 12:37 PM

Being too obnoxious? Good grief. Such homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 81July 8, 2016 12:41 PM

Are heterosexual men not abnoxious?

by Anonymousreply 82July 8, 2016 1:10 PM

Not at all, R82. Straight men are wonderful and holy.

by Anonymousreply 83July 8, 2016 1:13 PM

Yeah, R83 And they don't build muscle to flaunt it around at all; for them it is spiritual experience

by Anonymousreply 84July 8, 2016 1:26 PM

Never encountered any issues. I go to the gym to work out. That's it. Then shower and go home or work.

by Anonymousreply 85July 8, 2016 1:28 PM

Lucky you R85.

by Anonymousreply 86July 8, 2016 1:29 PM

My question was more like whenever homosexuality comes up as a topic for conversation in the gym or homoerotic situations, do they say discriminatory things that while not directed at you the very voicing of the prejudice makes yo feel indirectly looked down on.

by Anonymousreply 87July 8, 2016 1:37 PM

R87, It's pretty much, "look at that f@ggot" or "you talk to that f@ggot? I think he's gay." Bodybuilder 1: "That guy has a really nice body" Bodybuilder 2: "But, he's gay". In the lockerroom, "He's gay".

"Gay people have no business here. They should not work out here".

by Anonymousreply 88July 8, 2016 1:42 PM

In my experience, R87, the answer is yes, that happens. The straight guys who have any class will tone it down once they realize you are gay, interestingly enough. It's the same thing you see in society as a whole: people buy into stereotypes until they actually meet and get to know someone they're prejudiced against, and then, duh, they realize it's a person not so different from themselves. I wouldn't call out a gym member on something he said unless it was extremely objectionable. I'd rather fuck than fight. But sometimes you do have to stand up for yourself. If the big ugly straight brute is kicking sand in the face of the ninety pound twink and calling him "fag," then I said the big ugly gay brute should come to the twink's defense and bury the bully's head in the sand.

by Anonymousreply 89July 8, 2016 1:47 PM

The straight guys always calm down when i open my towel and let them blow me.

by Anonymousreply 90July 8, 2016 1:56 PM

They never show me any respect because I'm always in the shower area offering to suck on their big throbbing cocks.

by Anonymousreply 91July 8, 2016 1:56 PM

I see R89

I have encountered that many heterosexual muscle men and bodybuilders have this kind of predisposition to defend themselves from a pressumed image of being aggressive/violent and try to show themselves as peaceful.

And the same about steroids. Whenever a person makes a comment or asks about their muscles they immediately state they don't do steroids and things like that even when people never mentioned steroids. It's like they're paranoid about being perceived in not very flattering ways.

by Anonymousreply 92July 8, 2016 2:11 PM

R80, what do you mean "dialing down the gay?" Do you presume the average gay dudes is so observably distinct from other men that they have to consciously suppress themselves in order to blend in? Do you expect gay men working out in a gym to be noticeably distinct from non-gay dudes?

by Anonymousreply 93July 8, 2016 2:37 PM

I use Dial in the shower, then I dial it down

by Anonymousreply 94July 8, 2016 2:46 PM

Ancient Greece: Even though the gender that one was erotically attracted to (at any specific time, given the assumption that persons will likely be attracted to persons of both sexes) was not important, other issues were salient, such as whether one exercised moderation. Status concerns were also of the highest importance. Given that only free men had full status, women and male slaves were not problematic sexual partners. Sex between freemen, however, was problematic for status. The central distinction in ancient Greek sexual relations was between taking an active or insertive role, versus a passive or penetrated one. The passive role was acceptable only for inferiors, such as women, slaves, or male youths who were not yet citizens. Hence the cultural ideal of a same-sex relationship was between an older man, probably in his 20's or 30's, known as the erastes, and a boy whose beard had not yet begun to grow, the eromenos or paidika. In this relationship there was courtship ritual, involving gifts (such as a rooster), and other norms. The erastes had to show that he had nobler interests in the boy, rather than a purely sexual concern. The boy was not to submit too easily, and if pursued by more than one man, was to show discretion and pick the more noble one. There is also evidence that penetration was often avoided by having the erastes face his beloved and place his penis between the thighs of the eromenos, which is known as intercrural sex. The relationship was to be temporary and should end upon the boy reaching adulthood (Dover, 1989). To continue in a submissive role even while one should be an equal citizen was considered troubling, although there certainly were many adult male same-sex relationships that were noted and not strongly stigmatized. While the passive role was thus seen as problematic, to be attracted to men was often taken as a sign of masculinity. Greek gods, such as Zeus, had stories of same-sex exploits attributed to them, as did other key figures in Greek myth and literature, such as Achilles and Hercules. Plato, in the Symposium, argues for an army to be comprised of same-sex lovers. Thebes did form such a regiment, the Sacred Band of Thebes, formed of 500 soldiers. They were renowned in the ancient world for their valor in battle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 8, 2016 2:57 PM

R93, don't you Americans have that expression., "he opened his mouth and the purse fell out?" A man can look straight but still have gay mannerisms. Or simply make that telltale too-long eye contact. Also, I don't censor myself (too much) when talking to my friends in the gym. We'll mention going to a gay bar, or meeting a guy and hitting it off (or not), and these conversations can be overheard. (Just like we overhear the straight guys obsessively discussing pussy.)

by Anonymousreply 96July 8, 2016 2:58 PM

r96, that is for SOME Gay men, but you presume the average gay men somehow is distinct in appearance, mannerism to non-gay dudes. There are many, many millions of gay and bisexual men who are not observably distinguishable from their straight brethren. They blend in seamlessly, especially in the gym.

by Anonymousreply 97July 8, 2016 3:11 PM

You are correct, R97. But the issue raised by R79, etc. was how straight men behave in the gym, and when they come across as homophobic, what is (or should be) our reaction and response as gay men. That's what I find a potentially useful discussion.

by Anonymousreply 98July 8, 2016 3:16 PM

R67 is projecting again.

The "Greek body ideal" was motivated by physical fitness, strength and athleticism, not homosexual desire, as it's motivated for most men today.

Warfare especially motivated the Greeks' physical fitness.

Homosexual desire was just a fringe benefit for some, as it is today.

If the Greeks were all fags, thay would not have described and depicted the male "body ideal" as having tiny genitals. Most of thise who sexualized men's bodies did so inasmuch as they could liken men to females, which most of them fucked and took pleasure in more. How do you think the Greeks multiplied and survived?

And so what if the Greeks invented the first gyms? They invented the first of a lot of things.

And Bodybuilding is perfectly acceptable in Islam, depending on the Muslim cleric and how he interprets the Quran.

When the Taliban or other conservative clerics condemn sports outfits, they always cite immodesty, not homosexuality.

You are mentally ill. You have selective vision and you distort reality. Most people are not gay.

by Anonymousreply 99July 8, 2016 3:23 PM

You're wrong, R99

The concept of the Greek body ideal is not exclusively an athletic endevour; it was strongly inspired by same-sex desire. The Greek body ideal focuses on shape and beauty of the male body. For this there is vast documentation so it is not an opinion; it's fact. Have you ever looked at the vast art pieces excluisvely dedicated to the male body? Those pieces were created by other men who liked men. Greece was a homocentric society at the time.

Gym culture is also a homosexual achievement of the time and, the proof that same-sex desire is core in the concept of the Greek body ideal and the birth of gym culture is that men used to train naked in the gym, In fact, "gymnasium" means the place where men train naked. There was motivation in admiring the bodies of the other men and this would also inspire other to pursue the same goal.

Both, the Greek body ideal and gym culture are homosexual achievements.

Regarding why art pieces depicted men with small genitals. In those days small genitals were considered refined, sophisticated whereas big genitals were considered vulgar. Homosexuality doesn't dictate you have to like them big; preference for certain size is an personal taste; not a universal one.

Given that the roots of bodybuilding are homosexual, in theory, muslim men should not pursue bodybuilding because it is the heritage given to us by homosexual and bisexual men of the ancient world. I said "in theory". But not only that, and even though I don't have an extensive knowledge of this specific part and, perhaps someone could help me out with this, there is a command that men should not expose their body parts, especially around the crotch area. As a matter of fact, politicians in Singapore where there are a lot of muslims, they want to ban bodybuilding competitions under islamic views that men are not supposed to exhibit their bodies like this. Bodybuilding has opposing views in other muslims countries too but the popularity and certainly the impressive bodies achieved through this has toned down the opposition a bit.

I'm not saying muslim men should not bodybuild; what I'm saying that because of the connection of bodybuilding with homosexuality they are not supposed to engage in an activity that stems from the minds of men with sex desire that doesn't match quranic views. Besides, bodybuilding always makes itself noticeable for its homoeroticism which is impossible to separate out.

by Anonymousreply 100July 9, 2016 2:23 PM

Uh too much dude

by Anonymousreply 101July 9, 2016 2:35 PM

Men are pugs, err, pigs!

by Anonymousreply 102July 9, 2016 3:00 PM

OMG, who is writing these Greek pamphlets in their replies?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 9, 2016 3:09 PM

R100, what the heck dude?

by Anonymousreply 104July 9, 2016 3:12 PM

I've never had an issue as a gay gymgoer from straight bodybuilders.

The only issue i've had is this creepy guy who is a bit stalkery and follows me into the locker room and lurks. Once he opened shower curtain on me while i was showering then immediately closed it. He's slightly retarded or something so i haven't made a big deal, i just try to avoid him.

by Anonymousreply 105July 9, 2016 3:35 PM

Good for you R105. You get a cookie.

by Anonymousreply 106July 9, 2016 3:41 PM

Roided pig bodybuilder. Been an athlete before bodybuilding. No one ever messed with me in the gym at 6'2" and 262+. Plus, got deep voice and know my way around the gym.

by Anonymousreply 107July 26, 2016 1:02 AM

On a related topic - why do all these gay guys keep sucking my cock?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 26, 2016 2:02 AM

I used to go to a gym in a working-class neighbourhood (ca. 10 years ago), that had good equipment, but unfortunately there were also a lot of straight, 20-something, amateur muscleheads who worked out in packs. I'd always see them glare at and openly make fun of guys who looked somewhat nerdy or gay. A lot of people feel intimidated by such types (not just gay men or women). They scare away customers and a lot of gyms try to solve this problem by not having free-weights, squat-racks, etc. , which is a shame. The older or professional bodybuilders are not the problem though.

by Anonymousreply 109July 26, 2016 2:47 AM

When gay and bisexual muscle men want to impress they don't resort to intimidation but when hetero muscle men want to impress, many times they resort to intimidation as if behaving like a dangerous man is going to get them women. That's one of the reasons why many women don't like hetero msucle men.

And they have little to no tact to treat women in related areas too. The very few times that I woman is ogling a bodybuilder on YT and leaves a comment approving of his attractive physique soon there come childish hetero guys leaving unflattering replies that end up scaring women off for good.

by Anonymousreply 110July 26, 2016 2:58 AM

[110] There is a subset of women/girls who are really into guys like that, but they tend to be either not very bright, emotionally damaged or they are huge bitches themselves.

by Anonymousreply 111July 26, 2016 3:07 AM

R105, you call people with mental disabilities "retarded" in 2016? Really dude!?

by Anonymousreply 112July 26, 2016 4:20 AM

[2] University gyms are usually the best deal. Most of them even have classes where you can learn olympic weightlifting - and not a douchebro in sight.

by Anonymousreply 113July 26, 2016 1:04 PM

I love college gyms because of all the hot buff muscle dudebros flexin everywhere! 💪🏽

by Anonymousreply 114July 26, 2016 6:53 PM

Homosexuality, homoeroticism, homosociality. These words are tighlty linked to gym culture and bodybuilding.

by Anonymousreply 115July 27, 2016 3:30 AM

Ghjfb

by Anonymousreply 116July 27, 2016 3:39 AM

They treat me by getting on their knees and sucking my big black cock.

by Anonymousreply 117July 27, 2016 6:30 AM

r112 is retarded.

by Anonymousreply 118July 27, 2016 6:59 AM

I see, R111

While not all heterosexual muscle men are this way, it is the culture around them that glorifies undesirable traits associated with muscularity as a sign of, according to them, masculinity and power, that is, usually showing themselves as aggressive or potentially dangerous in an attempt to let other men know they are not someone to play with and things like that.

by Anonymousreply 119July 28, 2016 4:22 PM

Ummmm

by Anonymousreply 120July 29, 2016 2:43 AM

This article explains some of the flaws with heterosexual male gym culture.

............................................................................................................................................................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 29, 2016 11:50 AM

[R107] How old are you? you sound hot. Bet you're a horny guy too right?

by Anonymousreply 122July 29, 2016 1:25 PM

I agree with posters who point out the irony of straight gymgoers being offended by guys staring at them. It IS mostly about showing off. The whole concept of any gymnasium is to display physical prowess and beauty, after all that is usually the main goal of being there. Despite all the usaul straight male crys of' Oh it's all about fitness not looks' bullshit, we know these guys need to be at least appreciated for their bodies, or else it's all for nothing really.

by Anonymousreply 123July 29, 2016 1:29 PM

It's because they interpret the staring as if they were being downgraded to the category of gay. They feel de-impowered by the staring as if losing their heterosexual identity. I dare say most men who react badly to gays looking at their bodies in the gym may be closeted and the staring makes him feel somehow exposed.

Men with no issues will welcome male attention because it is ego boost.

by Anonymousreply 124July 29, 2016 4:09 PM

I work out at a World Gym, where many of the serious local bodybuilders are. Since we all work out at least four or five days a week, usually at the same time each day, I've gotten to know most of them personally. They know I am gay; it is not an issue. They spot me; I spot them, we talk between sets. One has no problem showering next to me in the open showers, although I do wonder if he's attempting to create a deeper connection. He makes it too easy to look at his gorgeous body. Another guy literally bops around the locker room naked, like he's in a mosh pit. He doesn't crash into people, but his cock flops around with abandon. It's hanging from an abundant bush. I think he's proud of both. A third guy confided he once answered an ad for muscle worship while attending a bodybuilding competition. He says wasn't planning on getting fully naked, but he enjoyed it so much it happened. I wonder if it resulted in physical contact. I didn't ask. I know most of the others have no interest in strutting their stuff. I seem to gravitate to those who do. Or, maybe it's visa versa.

by Anonymousreply 125August 27, 2016 3:07 AM

It's his you like at a hot dude. A lot of gay dudes gawk or act creepy when they peep a hot dude. Also, they tend to do it when third parties are around, which increases the chance of backlash. The key is to do it subtlely and masculinely. I usually will selectively and discreetly let hot dudes know I am checking them out by scanning their bodies with my eyes, maybe holding my eyes at their exposed chest or arms. Then, I will look at their eyes, and if they are responding positively, I give me a "Sup bro" head nod. It works a lot.

by Anonymousreply 126August 27, 2016 3:15 AM

R125, what do you suppose goes on during "muscle worship"? Is there physical contact? Sexual activity?

by Anonymousreply 127August 27, 2016 3:44 AM

Really? Can a hetero guy really enjoy the so-called muscle worship thing?

How does it become enjoyable for hetero muscle guys?

by Anonymousreply 128August 27, 2016 4:01 AM

From what I know, the parameters of muscle worship are agreed to before and during the session. The bodybuilder will agree to ditch his posing suit/attire and pose fully naked, or not. The bodybuilder will get erect, or not. The worshiper will jack off, or not. The worshiper will make physical contact with the bodybuilder while he poses, or not. I'm sure every bodybuilder has a line he will not cross during the session. I imagine most bodybuilders who do this are exhibitionists, and enjoy getting naked for others. Are straight bodybuilders likely to allow physical contact? I think that is where the line is drawn.

by Anonymousreply 129August 27, 2016 5:55 AM

Wishful thinking. How many gay bodybuilders would enjoy doing the same for womne? None.

by Anonymousreply 130September 4, 2016 2:10 AM

R130, I'm sure they enjoy for money. Its about being an exhibitionist. Exhibitionists love being desired or admired, no matter who is doing it. A lot of buff gymbros love being desired and called hot. They dont care who is doing it

by Anonymousreply 131September 4, 2016 1:07 PM

Are you saying most men who lean towards bodybuilding are exhibitionists to some extent? R131

by Anonymousreply 132September 4, 2016 1:25 PM

I think female bodybuilders who do muscleworship sessions have a harder time, because straight men tend to be more stalkery/obsessive than gay men. Gay men are not that obsessed with other men, the way straight guys are with women.

by Anonymousreply 133September 4, 2016 2:16 PM

Muscle worship deserves its own thread.

by Anonymousreply 134September 9, 2016 2:13 AM

While not all bodybuilders are not exhibitionists, most are. Even the buff gym bros today are usually exhibitionists. And by exhibitionists, I dont mean x-rated. I mean showing off biceps, abs, v shapes.

by Anonymousreply 135September 9, 2016 2:24 AM

I meant that while not all bodybuilders are exhibitionists...

by Anonymousreply 136September 9, 2016 2:26 AM

Exhibitionism is not exclusively about showing genitals; it is simply the very act of exposing your body to others. You can be partially clothed or fully naked. In this sense, all bodybuilders are exhibitionists. Bodybuilding is about exalting muscularity; without exhibiting them muscles lose any meaning.

You don't waste so much time on your physical appearance because you don't want others to notice for physique.

by Anonymousreply 137September 9, 2016 2:40 AM

How would they know unless you told them?

I mean most gay men are pretty indistinguishable from straight men when they're dressed to work out.. So unless you were noticeably ogling a guy or wearing a t-shirt that said "Homosexual" how would one of those guys know.

Also, true bodybuilder types tend to stick to themselves, there's usually a gym or two that they frequent and that caters to their needs.

by Anonymousreply 138September 9, 2016 2:53 AM

R138, bodybuilders at my gym are pretty sociable

by Anonymousreply 139September 9, 2016 12:15 PM

Everybody was bisexual in Grecian times. Attraction to men created and dominated the gymnasium.

by Anonymousreply 140September 9, 2016 8:55 PM

Very well dude

by Anonymousreply 141September 22, 2016 11:13 AM

good question

by Anonymousreply 142September 28, 2016 12:45 PM

No, i've never been to a gym before

by Anonymousreply 143September 28, 2016 2:09 PM

[quote]I'm back to "how would anyone know you were gay?"

And I'm wondering why you have such a difficult time with this point. Or what the point even is, actually.

Ways that "anyone" can know a stranger is gay:

1) They have working gaydar like most heterosexuals under 50 in an urban setting.

2) They are also gay and have exceptional gaydar, regardless of their closeted status.

3) They are obsessed with/paranoid about gay men (quite common in all-male athletic environments), likely due to homophobia and reason #2.

Your mental roadblock over this seems all a bit...odd. Perhaps you're stuck less on "how can anyone tell?" and more on "why wouldn't all gay men work hard to hide it as well as me?"

....which is something you should maybe think a little deeper about.

by Anonymousreply 144September 28, 2016 2:26 PM

Gaydar?

by Anonymousreply 145September 28, 2016 2:44 PM

Brethren.

Really? "Brethren?!"

by Anonymousreply 146September 28, 2016 4:21 PM

As someone said somewhere, a gaydar is nothing but a set of stereotypes.

That's why it constantly fails.

by Anonymousreply 147September 28, 2016 4:54 PM

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 148September 28, 2016 5:02 PM

At times it looks like we judge bodybuilders through the hateful closeted bodybuilding fans. They are usually hateful and become the face of the whole thing. Bodybuilders, on the other hand, most of them seem to be more reserved and careful not to utter comments that may make them look discriminatory, hateful or prejudiced towards us. Maybe this explains why many gay and bisexual muscle men state they face minimal to no homophobia in the gym or in the bodybuilding world itself.

Perhaps they avoid saying hateful things because it is mainly rich gay men who are the most willing to spend some money on their body-deteriorating activity. Perhaps many of them who are heterosexual actually have no issues with male homosexuality. Perhaps a combination of both...

by Anonymousreply 149October 9, 2016 5:09 PM

I don't fraternize with homosexuals. I was in the sauna sporting a mint julep masque and using my Pedi-Egg on my rough spots (because it was just before Independence Day.) I had just handed out my "Evening in Paris" invitations to the most masculine -- AND AMERICAN -- men at my gym. When they came into the sauna -- the most masculine of endeavors -- they could have not have been more pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 150October 9, 2016 5:44 PM

ssddss

by Anonymousreply 151October 12, 2016 3:46 AM

I usually grab them by the pussy

by Anonymousreply 152October 12, 2016 3:47 AM

tights

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 14, 2016 2:50 PM

No one has these issues at David Barton, so why don't you all go there and stop complaining?

by Anonymousreply 154October 14, 2016 3:07 PM

Hihhh

by Anonymousreply 155October 15, 2016 9:20 PM

Very well bro 💪🏽

by Anonymousreply 156October 17, 2016 10:11 AM

It is difficult to know who is heterosexual and who isn't because everybody puts on a mask for social acceptance. The gym is full of homosexual connotations, most men will exaggerate a heterosexual identity to dispel suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 157October 19, 2016 2:31 AM

Millennial women are hugely appreciative of a guy who works out and has proper muscles and a six pack. Most of my friends are ONLY interested in men who look like this (we're all under 30). A lot of us work out ourselves to get that tight cheerleader body with baby abs that these men like. It's definitely a generational thing.

by Anonymousreply 158October 19, 2016 2:37 AM

Yep, the notion that chicks don't want hot, buff dudes is false. Old gay men still don't realize that.

by Anonymousreply 159October 19, 2016 2:41 AM

Who cares what straight chicks want?

by Anonymousreply 160October 19, 2016 2:51 AM

Having spent time with groups of women, the majority don't fancy muscles as much as homosexual men. They like muscles, but they are easily turned off by huge muscles and have much less interest in physicality.

Gay men will always be the most appreciative of muscularity.

by Anonymousreply 161October 19, 2016 3:08 AM

R160, 95% of males

by Anonymousreply 162October 19, 2016 3:23 AM

A lot of het guys still think girls are all about your sense of humour and your wallet and rattle on about being able to laugh girls into bed, but in reality the hottest girls will not go to bed with a soft bodied guy who’s never worked out. Maybe your 35 plus girls might, but not the 20 somethings, and their attitude is here to stay.

by Anonymousreply 163October 19, 2016 3:56 AM

This site is for the other 5%. You are irrelevant here.

by Anonymousreply 164October 19, 2016 4:00 AM

This is a thread for spazmanoids only.

by Anonymousreply 165October 19, 2016 4:01 AM

This site is also for Bisexual dudes

by Anonymousreply 166October 19, 2016 4:04 AM

There is always the need to downplay and ignore the attractions of gay men, especially in this respect as if there were the need to heterosexualise the attraction to muscles.

by Anonymousreply 167October 19, 2016 4:31 AM

They treat me well because I am mainstream masculine and behave just like one of the bros. The point is just to blend in and be normal.

by Anonymousreply 168October 22, 2016 1:05 PM

Someone told me that you'll see any number of straight guy gymgoers under 30, but gay guys are more likely keep working out as they get older.That's because straight guys use their pumped up their bodies to land a girl, then they get married, settle down and let themselves go a bit. The gym becomes less important.

by Anonymousreply 169October 22, 2016 5:24 PM

Neither masculine nor normal equate heterosexuality R168

by Anonymousreply 170October 22, 2016 7:39 PM

Look at them fighting for more camera on themselves. 😉

Muscles are more powerful and islamic premises. 😉

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 23, 2016 12:17 AM

Gym goes havea horrible repuation.

by Anonymousreply 172November 2, 2016 4:54 AM

Mmmm

by Anonymousreply 173November 2, 2016 10:14 AM

Then how do you explain straight-for-pay porn stars like Blu Kennedy, Blake Harper, Blake Riley and Jack Wrangler, r130?

by Anonymousreply 174November 2, 2016 6:05 PM

How could a hetero guy possibly enjoy money? How is this possible?!

Nobody likes to hear they're awesome and superior. NOBODY!

by Anonymousreply 175November 2, 2016 6:11 PM

Gay men have just as many stalkers and trolls, r133.

Maybe they're less violent. But there are plenty of oafs, stalkers, oglers, harassers and creeps in gayworld -- ESPECIALLY at the gym.

I don't like being stared at or followed around by them. But they're there and some people have really bad manners. You just have to ignore them, mind your own business and defend yourself if need be.

by Anonymousreply 176November 2, 2016 6:16 PM

[quote]Yeah, [R83] And they don't build muscle to flaunt it around at all; for them it is spiritual experience

Hence the endless supply of photographs in their underwear in the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 177November 2, 2016 6:25 PM

r140 = the Greek Gay Projectionist again.

Ancient Greek gyms were dominated by athletically winning the sport and self-empowerment, just like they are today. Orientations were just as straight-dominated as they are today. Just because they were tolerant of homosexuality and taught to appreciate male beauty doesn't mean they were oriented to other men.

Even their homosexual erastes/eromenos relationships were reluctant and obligatory.

But ancient Greece did have its gay gym trolls creeping, just like we have today. Aristophanes used to make fun of them. Other writers condemned the fat, old men who would sit in the gymnasiums and watch the fit youths who didn't work out themselves or contribute — just like we have today.

by Anonymousreply 178November 2, 2016 6:27 PM

Apparently any need to appear muscular means you're either gay or bi if male.

by Anonymousreply 179November 2, 2016 6:33 PM

Most PEOPLE do that, r169.

Most straight women and most coupled gays. And not just "a bit," they let themselves go A LOT. They get hugely fat.

It's the complacency that comes with marriage and the time that gets sucked away by a full-time job and family. Few people make the time and have the discipline to stay in shape after that.

But they should. Overweightedness and all its associated health problems are epidemics in America.

by Anonymousreply 180November 2, 2016 6:37 PM

they finger me and fondle

by Anonymousreply 181November 2, 2016 6:41 PM

dasasas

by Anonymousreply 182November 4, 2016 8:26 PM

I would say the reason why you may find more fit gay couples than heterosexual couples is because men share the same male nature and they may have more interests in common than a heterosexual man and a heterosexual woman. So they (gay couples) complement each other by sharing interests in common. R169

Men have always been more interests in sports than women so when it comes to gay couples it is more likely that two guys will share some degree of passion for sports.

by Anonymousreply 183November 4, 2016 11:57 PM

True

by Anonymousreply 184November 20, 2016 2:04 PM

Last week, a TV host in my country who happens to be gay and very open about it, he talked about gym culture among gay men. He said that for many the gym is a shelter, that many go to the gym and build their bodies in order to defend themselves and regain their self-worth because "we are beaten and killed every day. Gay guys with destroyed lives due to homophobic abuse, bullying. In the gym we receive them and welcome them".

This is an aspect of gym culture among gay men that we never discuss or even consider.

It's him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185November 30, 2016 4:03 PM

Why would they know I was gay unless I told them, OP?

They treat me the same as every other non-bodybuilder in the gym, male or female, straight or gay, e.g. they ignore us beyond a friendly nod on occasion. What sort of gym do you go to?

R169-- it's called "having children." Eats up a huge amount of your time. I've seen it with my brother and with other friends of mine. My brother used to be a morning gym person-- 5:30 AM before work, but between lack of sleep and wanting to have breakfast with the kids, he has changed his routine. and goes maybe 3 times a week instead of 6

by Anonymousreply 186November 30, 2016 11:08 PM

And having a job and career changes things too

by Anonymousreply 187December 1, 2016 4:35 AM

In both subgroups heterosexual and homosexual men who go to the gym are a minority.

by Anonymousreply 188December 1, 2016 11:06 AM

Just act like a normal masculine dude and you will be treated well.

by Anonymousreply 189December 2, 2016 4:07 PM

I don't think it's true that women value fitness less than men, r183.

You say they care about sports less. But we're talking about fitness here, not sports. Women probably care more about appearing nice, for other women AND men, as well as staying healthy.

Men favor weights and women favor cardio, but I think both want to be fit and healthy and look good. I see just as many women at the gym as men.

Most of the men who like sports are FAT PIECES OF SHIT WHO SIT ON THE COUCH. They don't play, they're not fit and they don't cut it.

by Anonymousreply 190December 2, 2016 7:50 PM

Young women today are into men with ripped abs and big biceps. They also love dudes with big muscle butts. Just look at how young women swoon over football players with comments about their hot asses.

by Anonymousreply 191December 2, 2016 7:53 PM

It's not a about valuing physical exercise; it's about the fact that men tend to do exercise more than women R190

And when it comes to couples, if men are more inclined for physicality the interest in it may be reinforced in a gay couple whereas in heterosexual couples the same interest may not be equally shared by one of the partners.

by Anonymousreply 192December 2, 2016 11:30 PM

If heterosexual bodybuilders come with their homophobia you can always remind them it was Greek men attracted to men who practised and standarized the muscular body as the ideal of male beauty. They are actually entering a homosexual field.

by Anonymousreply 193April 2, 2017 4:08 AM

All this bullshit about straight men only being able to admire mens bodies if they lust after them is ludicrous, many gay men are appreciative of big boobs, myself included, but we don't want to sleep with women.

by Anonymousreply 194April 2, 2017 10:11 AM

Straight men LOVE looking at other guys' bodies.

by Anonymousreply 195April 2, 2017 11:19 AM

I am baffled by this thread.

Unless you are wearing a rainbow colored shirt that says "I LOVE COCK" on it, how would other people at the gym know you were gay?

I mean you're there doing your thing, they are doing theirs...

I guess if you are extremely femme and uncoordinated it might be a clue, but lots of straight guys are uncoordinated and not particularly jocky.

by Anonymousreply 196April 2, 2017 2:26 PM

Socially, bodybuilding has always been ridiculed for its attempt to appear highly heterosexual while being so homoerotic. An example of cognitive dissonance.

It is not like gay men are "flaunting their sexuality" in front of others in the gym; it is that some men are overpreocuppied with homosexuality and try to police other men's actions and speech.

by Anonymousreply 197April 2, 2017 5:57 PM

[quote] It is not like gay men are "flaunting their sexuality" in front of others in the gym; it is that some men are overpreocuppied with homosexuality and try to police other men's actions and speech.

Again, unless you walk up to a gay and say "your gym shorts are FABULOUS!! I love the way they show of your butt!!! Where do you get your eyebrows done, they're di-VINE!" how would someone else at the gym know you were gay?

The longest conversations I've had with people are "would you mind spotting me on this?" and "are you still using those 35s?"

So unless you are talking about the world of pro bodybuilders and competitive weightlifting/competitive bodybuilding, not sure where this concern is coming from.

by Anonymousreply 198April 2, 2017 7:11 PM

^^to a GUY, lol. How's that for Freudian!

by Anonymousreply 199April 2, 2017 7:11 PM

I don't find any reasonable xplanation why a man's homsoexuality should be so secret while heterosexual men can boast about theirs in the gym R198

Not that gay men should go around the gym telling others about their attraction to men, but I don't find any reasonable justification for them to be given the same right.

by Anonymousreply 200April 2, 2017 8:24 PM

Ffffs

by Anonymousreply 201April 18, 2017 2:02 AM

hnlnkk

by Anonymousreply 202May 2, 2017 11:20 AM

Just Keep it masculine and bro

by Anonymousreply 203May 4, 2017 9:47 AM

But masculinity, as we know it today in the west is very much a homosexual contribution stemming from ancient Greece.

It's funny, in those olden days homosexual men were the masculine whereas heterosexual men were considered effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 204May 5, 2017 2:40 AM

The cock I take at the gym may be straight but it feels like gay to me!

by Anonymousreply 205May 5, 2017 3:09 AM

R204, we are talking about today, not ancient times

by Anonymousreply 206May 5, 2017 2:00 PM

Today's construction of masculinity is based on old conceptions R206

by Anonymousreply 207May 12, 2017 1:32 AM

I agree with the handful of threads questioning how anyone in the gym would even know I'm gay. I think it has to do with people going to the gym to socialize vs people going to the gym to work. I'm sure there's overlap between the two, but unless you're specifically interested in making friends, I don't see how conversations about in depth subjects like sexual orientation would ever come up at the gym. I typically get my work done, so that I can GTFO and go to sleep or something.

Of course, if you're hunting for dick at the gym (or anywhere), then that comes with a set of expectations.

by Anonymousreply 208May 12, 2017 1:58 AM

They think I give good head.

by Anonymousreply 209May 12, 2017 2:00 AM

[quote] How do straight bodybuilders...

What a nice pleonasm OP!!! Sounds like "female women"!

by Anonymousreply 210May 12, 2017 2:10 AM

Homosexual and bisexual bodybuilders exist too R210

by Anonymousreply 211May 12, 2017 2:13 AM

I need to branch out then!

by Anonymousreply 212May 12, 2017 2:26 AM

Those were my thoughts exactly R208

Then I remembered who posts on DL and realized that for many/most DLers, revealing their sexual orientation happens the minute they begin to speak and quite likely even before they speak, due to their attire and mannerisms.

So I guess it's not as bizarre a question as I'd first thought.

by Anonymousreply 213May 12, 2017 2:53 AM

Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 214July 31, 2017 8:55 PM

Datalounge Gym Club

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215July 31, 2017 9:51 PM

Oh yeah

by Anonymousreply 216August 1, 2017 12:22 AM

The gym oozes male pheromones. It's natural then that gay and bi men will be a great percetange in the gym. That's simply nature doing its job.

by Anonymousreply 217August 7, 2017 4:58 PM

Unlike the fluid Bros4Bros flexing at my gym

by Anonymousreply 218August 7, 2017 7:16 PM

The "I Can Decide That All Ancient Greeks Were Gay and Caused Male Attraction, So Everyone's Gay" Loon has GOT to stop jerking off in his own threads.

Ancient Greeks didn't cause musculature to be prized or beautiful. It was HUMAN NATURE, you fucking idiot. The strength, the show of power, the fitness and steady supplementation are all revealed by big muscles.

The Ancient Greeks were just a symptom, not the cause.

And if you keep projecting your belief that "all bodybuilders are gay" and they're doing it for sex with men, you deserve the beat-down you're going to get one day.

You're a sociopath; a pig.

And there's NO REASON IN THE WORLD this thread should still be going.

by Anonymousreply 219August 7, 2017 7:31 PM

Someone who seems so irrationally angry seems to be the actual sociopath. You know, sociopathy is accompanied by anger R219

by Anonymousreply 220August 7, 2017 7:34 PM

Oh wow dude

by Anonymousreply 221August 7, 2017 7:50 PM

My straight gym buddy was a college football player. I meet him in the parking lot and we both swagger into the gym. I'm gigantic and he's freaking huge. We go into the locker room and he takes off his muscle slut shirt and starts to pose in the mirror, while I tell him how huge he is. The younger baby M generation scoots in and out as this is happening, averting their gaze and not flushing the toilet as they don't want that connection.

I readjust my package in my compression pants, he wears spandex shorts that cling to his enourmous thigh sweep and massive 300 pound bubble butt.

Walking out of the locker room, I spot him on the bench, and he always jokes about my unit tight in the compression pants hovering over his head. Gay guys come up to him, I know them and he slaps their ass as they walk away. He gives advice to some, he like to show the smaller guys tricep pull downs as he looms around them. I crack up.

Th other muscle alpha monsters are very friendly, but not as much as my straight buddy.

by Anonymousreply 222August 7, 2017 8:10 PM

Too much dude. Chill

by Anonymousreply 223August 8, 2017 1:19 AM

hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 224August 9, 2017 11:12 AM

Bumpb

by Anonymousreply 225September 4, 2017 4:17 PM

Hmmm

by Anonymousreply 226September 21, 2017 11:01 AM

What's strange is that threads about sex in the gym yield very different results.

by Anonymousreply 227September 21, 2017 11:15 AM

Hopefully that's an aberrant behavior of the past

by Anonymousreply 228September 21, 2017 11:18 AM

R222's post is straight (pardon the pun) out of fantasy land, or Nifty.org. You decide.

by Anonymousreply 229September 21, 2017 11:50 AM

Laughs the shit out of me

Hhhhhhhhhhhhha Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaa Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa

by Anonymousreply 230September 21, 2017 12:14 PM

Shut up R219

by Anonymousreply 231September 21, 2017 10:15 PM

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 232September 9, 2020 12:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!