Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary Accepted Money From Saudi Arabia, Dictators, Etc

What are people referring to when they say this? Help me out.

by Anonymousreply 116January 24, 2020 7:59 PM

Saudi Arabia (and others) made large donations to The Clinton Foundation. Here is a list of donors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2016 11:27 PM

She accepted millions of dollars from regimes that execute gays.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2016 11:29 PM

And what do they want her to do? They were going to be executing gays whether she took their money or not.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2016 11:35 PM

Just get her to explicitly promise she won't give the specific countries preferential treatment, or she should give the money back.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2016 11:40 PM

Did the other thread on this exact same topic started earlier today get deleted?

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2016 11:40 PM

Yawn

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2016 11:42 PM

This is the first thread I've seen. It's not going away, Trump's attacking her with it. I'm not automatically offended that she took money from anti-gay regimes, but it's exposed now and she'll have to have some kind of response.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2016 11:44 PM

She's a whore and she mutilated my vagina!

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2016 12:13 AM

Don't ask here if you want the truth OP. Most of the posters here would still love Hillary if she murdered their entire family.

Hillary and Bill are liars. They are corrupt and they steal from middle class and the poor to give to the 1%. The only difference between Hillary and Trump are on a few women related social issues like abortion. Economically things will get much worse. What middle class that hasn't yet fallen into poverty will and what little that hasn't been cut to help the poor will be gone. The earth will rot as fracking grows by leaps and bounds. TPP will finish off workers. SS, Medicare and Medicaid will end as we know it, basically it will end once Hillary privatizes it. Wars galore will be started with all the money Hillary will steal from government programs.

There really is no hope. Wait and see. In 4 years remember my words.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2016 12:25 AM

It's been investigated to no end and nothing illegal has ever turned up.

Now let's see Trump's domestic and international dealings stand up to investigation.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2016 12:26 AM

Most notable among these files is the file called "Clinton Foundation Vulnerabilities Master Doc FINAL" which, as the title implies, is an extensive 42-page summary of how the Clinton Foundation views its biggest vulnerabilities based on mentions, references and attacks from the press.

Here are some of the section titles:

THE CLINTON FOUNDATION RECEIVED DONATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS TIED TO SAUDI ARABIA WHILE CLINTON SERVED AS SECRETARY OF STATE

AN EMBATTLED BUSINESSMAN WITH “TIES TO BAHRAIN’S STATE-OWNED ALUMINUM COMPANY” GAVE BETWEEN $1 MILLION AND $5 MILLION TO THE CLINTON FOUNDATION

A VENEZUELAN MEDIA MOGUL WHO WAS ACTIVE IN VENEZUELAN POLITICS DONATED TO THE CLINTON FOUNDATION DURING CLINTON’S TENURE AS SECRETARY OF STATE

GERMAN INVESTOR WHO HAS LOBBIED CHANCELLOR MERKEL’S ADMINISTRATION GAVE BETWEEN $1 MILLION AND $5 MILLION TO THE CLINTON FOUNDATION, SOME OF WHICH WAS DURING MRS. CLINTON’S TENURE AT THE STATE DEPARTMENT

THE CEO OF AN AMSTERDAM BASED ENERGY COMPANY DONATED AT LEAST $1 MILLION TO THE CLINTON FOUNDATION AND LATER ANNOUNCED AT THE 2009 CGI MEETING A $5 BILLION PROJECT TO DEVELOP ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY POWER GENERATION IN INDIA AND CHINA

INDIAN POLITICIAN AMAR SINGH, WHO HAD DONATED AT LEAST $1 MILLION TO THE CLINTON FOUNDATION, MET WITH HILLARY CLINTON IN SEPTEMBER 2008 TO DISCUSS AN INDIA-U.S. CIVIL NUCLEAR AGREEMENT

THE CLINTON FOUNDATION RECEIVED ADDITIONAL DONATIONS FROM INDIAN BUSINESS INTERESTS PRIOR TO HER BECOMING SECRETARY OF STATE

BILLIONAIRE STEEL EXECUTIVE AND MEMBER OF THE FOREIGN INVESTMENT COUNCIL IN KAZAKHSTAN LAKSHMI MITTAL GAVE $1 MILLION TO $5 MILLION TO THE CLINTON FOUNDATION BEFORE CLINTON BECAME SECRETARY OF STATE

SOON AFTER SECRETARY CLINTON LEFT THE STATE DEPARTMENT, THE CLINTON FOUNDATION “RECEIVED A LARGE DONATION FROM A CONGLOMERATE RUN BY A MEMBER OF CHINA’S NATIONAL PEOPLE’S CONGRESS” …AND THE CLINTON FOUNDATION DEFENDED ITS PARTNERSHIPS WITH BOTH FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC CORPORATE INTERESTS

POWERFUL AND CONTROVERSIAL CORPORATE INTERESTS BASED IN THE U.S. ALSO DONATED TO THE CLINTON FOUNDATION

AMONG THE CLINTON FOUNDATION DONORS REVEALED IN 2009 WERE SEVERAL FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS WHO HAD GIVEN MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

WHEN HILLARY CLINTON BECAME SECRETARY OF STATE IN 2009, BILL CLINTON AGREED TO STOP ACCEPTING CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE CLINTON FOUNDATION FROM MOST FOREIGN COUNTRIES IN THE PAST, SOME OBSERVERS HAD LINKED FOREIGN GOVERNMENT DONATIONS TO THE CLINTON FOUNDATION AND SECRETARY CLINTON’S WORK AT THE STATE DEPARTMENT

THE CLINTON FOUNDATION CAME UNDER INTENSE SCRUTINY IN FEBRUARY 2015 WHEN IT WAS REVEALED THAT THE FOUNDATION HAD ACCEPTED DONATIONS FROM FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS AFTER SECRETARY CLINTON LEFT THE STATE DEPARTMENT

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL TIED FOREIGN GOVERNMENT DONORS TO THE CLINTON FOUNDATION’S ENDOWMENT FUNDRAISING UNDER SECRETARY CLINTON

CLINTON FOUNDATION ANNOUNCED THAT SHOULD HILLARY CLINTON DECIDE TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT, THE FOUNDATION WOULD FOLLOW APPROPRIATE PROCEDURES FOR ACCEPTING DONATIONS FROM FOREIGN DONATIONS, JUST LIKE IT HAD HAD UNDER SECRETARY CLINTON…

REPORTS THAT STATE DEPARTMENT LAWYERS DID NOT EXHAUSTIVELY VET BILL CLINTON’S PAID SPEECHES DURING SECRETARY CLINTON’S TENURE RAISED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ROLE CLINTON FOUNDATION DONATIONS MAY HAVE PLAYED IN ORGANIZING THOSE SPEECHES

SOME CONSERVATIVES USED THE FOREIGN DONATIONS CONTROVERSY TO IMPLY THAT THE CLINTON FOUNDATION IS NOT A CHARITY AND QUESTION THE FOUNDATION’S CHARITABLE WORK

THE CLINTON FOUNDATION HAS ACCEPTED DONATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS, SOME OF WHOM HAD TIES TO FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS, DURING HER TENURE AS SECRETARY OF STATE

THE CLINTON FOUNDATION RECEIVED MONEY FROM A FOUNDATION FORMED BY FORMER UKRAINIAN PARLIAMENT MEMBER VICTOR PINCHUK

WALL STREET JOURNAL COLUMNIST MARY O’GRADY CITED A CONTRACT BETWEEN TWO CLINTON DONORS FOR HAITI AID AS EVIDENCE OF A CONFLICT OF INTEREST FOR THE CLINTONS

There is much more in the full document presented below (link).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2016 12:32 AM

Nothing Illegal Has Ever Turned Up.

That should be the cunt's new campaign slogan.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2016 12:33 AM

It's the Supreme Court, stupid. There's a slogan.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2016 12:40 AM

[quote]Nothing Illegal Has Ever Turned Up.

Yet.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2016 12:55 AM

Trump is now going after her religious beliefs, claiming she's not Christian enough or whatever to run the country.

He's going after anything, relevant or not, that he thinks will appeal to stupid conservatives who vote via knee-jerk reaction.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2016 12:57 AM

That Turnip is desperate to shift attention away from his diseased ass?

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2016 1:04 AM

Hillary is the diseased one. Bitch can't stop her syphilis cough. She got that from Bill.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2016 1:05 AM

I don't like Hillary, but are some of you so dumb as to not know that Trump has been doing business with all of them for years? Did we forget Ghaddafi staying on Trump's property? He was essentially bailed out by one of the Saudis when he could no longer afford to keep the Plaza. His kids were flying to the Mideast and continuing to do business on behalf of the family up until recently. They're both guilty of dealing with ME despots .

Jesus Christ, you Trump idiots just fucking ignore your own train wreck making money off of the very people he has you suckers believing he's against. You think the minute the mothefucker loses, he won't immediately go running back to the ME begging to do business with them? You just ignore that his crap is made in China. And you wonder why we think you're all idiots.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2016 1:11 AM

But wait a minute, Hillary didn't accept it, it's the Clinton Foundation, which uses the money for medical treatment in impoverished nations. It's not as if she's using it to go on holidays or shopping sprees or for her campaign, right?

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2016 1:16 AM

R19 no of course not, and they somehow have a net worth of a hundred million dollars or so now

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2016 1:18 AM

[quote] Nothing Illegal Has Ever Turned Up.

After 30 years and tens of millions of tax dollars spent investigating her, I don't think anything is going to turn up now. In fact, if it did, it would be very suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2016 1:19 AM

Next, let’s turn to John Pilger, the Left wing Australian journalist and documentary film maker who has been writing about Western foreign policy with unimpeachable accuracy and wisdom since the Vietnam War era. Here are some of his comments on Trump:

“..Donald Trump is being presented (by the mass media) as a lunatic, a fascist. He is certainly odious; but he is also a media hate figure. That alone should arouse our skepticism.”

“Trump’s views on migration are grotesque, but no more grotesque than those of David Cameron. It is not Trump who is the Great Deporter from the United States, but the Nobel Peace Prize winner, Barack Obama.”

“In 1947, a series of National Security Council directives described the paramount aim of American foreign policy as ‘a world substantially made over in [America’s] own image’. The ideology was messianic Americanism. We were all Americans. Or else. …”

“Donald Trump is a symptom of this, but he is also a maverick. He says the invasion of Iraq was a crime; he doesn’t want to go to war with Russia and China. The danger to the rest of us is not Trump, but Hillary Clinton. She is no maverick. She embodies the resilience and violence of a system whose vaunted ‘exceptionalism’ is totalitarian with an occasional liberal face.”

The money quote is: “The danger to the rest of us is not Trump, but Hillary Clinton.” When Pilger submitted his article to the “progressive” magazine Truthout, this sentence was deleted, censored as he reported, along with a few of the surrounding sentences. Such censorship had not been imposed on Pilger by Truthout ever before. Truthout’s commitment to free speech apparently has limits in the case of The Donald versus Hillary, rather severe ones. So one must read even the progressive press with some skepticism when it comes to Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2016 1:19 AM

[quote] Hillary Accepted Money From Saudi Arabia, Dictators, Etc

Good, OP, I hope she takes all their money.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2016 1:25 AM

[quote]no of course not, and they somehow have a net worth of a hundred million dollars or so now

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2016 1:28 AM

r22, no progressive case for Trump can be made without factoring in the Supreme Court, which kills any hope of credibility. Trump would ruin the SC and Hillary would save it. That's all that's needed to support her. And you don't have to love, or even like her.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2016 1:31 AM

R25

"She will appoint 'liberal' judges" is the only argument you have?

Man, if that's the best her supporters can come up with then she is toast.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2016 1:35 AM

R26, it's enough of a reason.

But there are other reasons. There is that little problem with Trump being dangerously mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2016 1:37 AM

The United state the country accepted money from Saudi Arabia, dictators too! Ask Saudi Arabia, China how much they own us debts, if this country can do it, why can not Hillary ? Oh, by the way, some big companies here are owned by Saudi Arabia and China too.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2016 1:39 AM

r26, if you're fine with a far-right court for a long time, you weren't even going to vote for Hillary anyway. And spare us the "lifelong liberal Democrat" crap.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2016 1:43 AM

R27

Hillary and Trump are both narcissistic cunts, but Trump hasn't used his government affiliation to murder millions of people, or taken bribes to alter American foreign policy.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2016 1:44 AM

Neither has Hillary, you moron at R30.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2016 1:45 AM

I'm fine with the Clinton Foundation taking money from anyone and everyone, it doesn't matter. If Hillary helped the Foundation get more donations then I applaud her.

Why dumbcunt right wingnuts think we'll care about their stupid shit is beyond me. We're voting for Hillary, weirdo OP, end of.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2016 1:49 AM

R26, I'm not a supporter and I can come up with the only reason that matters: She's not Trump.

If you think that Trump has any chance in hell with the average voter who is not as insane or hateful or hysterical as the average Trump supporter, then you're delusional. Overall, he only got about a million more votes than Bernie...who *isn't* the nominee. He appeals to people with child-like comprehensions of policy (both foreign and domestic). It's no mistake that he mostly speaks in a monosyllabic way. I've listened to him speak and I'm genuinely embarrassed for anyone who thinks he "makes sense" because it exposes their very remedial mindset.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2016 1:51 AM

R31

All those dead kids in Iraq, and Syria, and Afghanistan, and Ukraine, and Yemen...her bombings didn't kill them?

She didn't lobby for protection for Saudis, or expect any quid pro quo?

Are you really that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2016 1:52 AM

OMG, look, R34, it's a grease fire!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2016 1:55 AM

Like I said, I'm no Hillary supporter, but I honestly don't understand this attempt to bring up Hillary's Mideast dealings knowing full-well that Trump has dealt with these same fucking corrupt assholes for decades. I mean what's next, you're going to bring up Hillary's China connections knowing full-well that orange turd has his crap made there? This is like watching a drunk call someone else a drunk.

Stop bringing up issues of which they are both guilty. And there is no doubt in my mind (quote me when the time comes): This orange pos will lose and he will waste no time in reconnecting with the same corrupt assholes in the Mideast.

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2016 1:58 AM

She and Bill are the most corrupt politicians ever. It's mind boggling. Voting for Hillary is a vote for Goldman Sachs

The fact that she took money from supremely anti-gay countries is bad but even without this it doesn't change the fact that she clearly doesn't give a shit about gays

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2016 2:04 AM

R34, what do you propose, that we surrender to terrorism? War is hell, and innocent people always suffer in wartime, like the people in the Twin Towers, you traitor!

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2016 2:05 AM

Trump has dealings with a large Middle Eastern company for two golf courses in Dubai.

And this is the guy who says Hillary is a horrible person for taking charity money for her Foundation? Trump wasn't doing it for charity, he was doing it for profit. He's still doing it now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2016 2:05 AM

Real estate developer Damac Properties on Monday launched what it called its "Jewel in the Crown" luxury villas and mansions at its Akoya by Damac master development in Dubai.

Trump PRVT, a limited collection of exclusive homes set within the Trump Estates, a private, gated island community, have been brought to the market following strong response from the initial launch of Trump mansions and villas, the developer said in a statement.

Prices start at AED6.5 million ($1.76 million), the company said, adding that the homes are "for buyers who appreciate the very best in life".

The Trump PRVT mansions each come with a private pool and deck, spacious balconies, private gardens and floor to ceiling windows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2016 2:07 AM

Trump's a vote for the 1% and Scalia-like far-right (who he's stated he'll nom for the SC.) Hillary's promising to raise taxes on the rich, part of how her husband got the economy rolling in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2016 2:09 AM

Dubai-based Damac Properties, which is building two Trump-branded golf courses outside of Dubai, distanced itself from the developer, who said Monday the US should ban Muslims from entering the country in the wake of a mass shooting that officials say was an act of terrorism by a radicalised Muslim couple. “We would like to stress that our agreement is with the Trump Organization as one of the premium golf course operators in the world,” Damac said in a statement. “As such, we would not comment further on Mr Trump’s personal or political agenda, nor comment on the internal American political debate scene.”

Trump’s comments will put pressure on executives in the Middle East to decide whether they can do business with the New York property mogul, who licenses his name for use in projects around the world. His website touts an office and residential development in Istanbul, and retailers in the United Arab Emirates sell Trump-branded home furnishings and furniture.

The Republican candidate and his daughter Ivanka flew to Dubai last year and drove miles outside the city to a stretch of the desert that will be the site of Trump International Golf Club Dubai, which he declared will become one of the best golf courses in the world. Next to him stood the chairman of Damac, Hussain Sajwani, clad in a traditional Arab robe.

The 104 mansions around an 18-hole golf course marks Trump’s second attempt to enter Dubai’s property market. An earlier residential and hotel tower planned with Nakheel was cancelled in 2011 in the aftermath of the global financial crisis. Damac also is working on a second course with Trump, this one to be designed by Tiger Woods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2016 2:10 AM

Donald Trump with Damac chairman Hussein Sajwani at the launch of the Trump International Golf Club Dubai in 2014.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2016 2:12 AM

The CEO of Qatar Airways has backed Donald Trump after the US presidential candidate’s controversial call to ban Muslims from the US. “Look, Donald is my friend, and we have been friends for a long time,” Akbar Al Baker told the New York Times during a visit to the US timed to coincide with the airline’s new branding campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2016 2:13 AM

R39, that's what I'm saying. This is why I think that Trump supporters have done the unthinkable: They've managed to be even more cringe-worthy than Palin supporters, though I'm sure there's a lot of overlap. I'd say those who used to ridicule Palin and now support Trump are even more pathetic. Fucking losers.

To specifically support Trump and ignoring the tacky, garish, gold flashing HYPOCRISY of this orange turd is to admit you're an imbecile and proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2016 2:14 AM

The prince’s tweet included news stories showing that he bought Trump’s yacht in 1991, which had been turned over to creditors when he was $900 million in debt, according to Buzzfeed.

He also included a link to a story showing that he was part of the group that bought New York City’s Plaza Hotel from Trump in 1995. As part of the deal, bin Talal paid off Trump’s debt on the hotel in what the New York Times said was “a defeat for the real estate developer.”

Trump’s tweet also claimed bin Talal is “co-owner” of Fox News. While the prince is an investor in News Corp, his stake is worth 1 percent, according to CNN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2016 2:15 AM

The Plaza Hotel, long a symbol of luxury and grandeur in New York and more recently the crown jewel in Donald J. Trump's shaky business empire, is being sold to two of the world's richest men: a Saudi Arabian Prince and one of Singapore's leading entrepreneurs.

The buyers said yesterday that the deal put a total value of $325 million on the landmark hotel at 59th Street and Fifth Avenue near Central Park.

In essence, the buyers are taking over the Plaza by assuming most of its debts. None of the money from the deal will go to Mr. Trump, who acquired the hotel for about $400 million in 1988. Rather, it will go to banks in the United States that had lent money to Mr. Trump and to banks in Japan that hold a mortgage on the hotel property.

While Mr. Trump will retain a say in the hotel's operations as a minority partner, his surrender of control is a defeat for the real estate developer, who in the heady days of the late 1980's proclaimed the Plaza "the ultimate trophy in the world." But the world has drastically changed for Mr. Trump since then, as real estate prices collapsed.

As part of the deal, CDL and the Prince will pay down the outstanding debt on the hotel owed to the banks, reducing it to about $25 million from more than $300 million. According to people familiar with the transaction, that remaining $25 million will be converted into equity held by a bank consortium led by Citibank.

Under terms of an agreement reached late in 1992, that consortium agreed to forgive overdue interest payments on some $300 million in loans in return for a 49 percent stake in the Plaza.

"There will be four partners," said Abraham Wallach, a spokesman for Mr. Trump. "The banks, primarily Citibank, who will get a preferred return on their equity; Prince Walid; CDL Hotels and Mr. Trump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2016 2:19 AM

January 28, 2016

With his battle with Megyn Kelly and Fox News still raging, Donald Trump got into another spat on Thursday—this time with an ultra-wealthy Saudi prince who helped him out, financially, twice in the nineteen-nineties, when some of Trump’s businesses were struggling.

As bin Talal’s latest dig at Trump suggests, the two have a tangled past, stemming from the Prince’s history as an investor. According to Forbes magazine, he is the richest individual in the Arab world, with a net worth of more than seventeen billion dollars.

This latest tweet battle with Trump refers to the Prince’s investments in troubled Trump properties. The first of these transactions took place in 1991, when, according to Businessweek, bin Talal bought Trump’s huge yacht the Trump Princess from creditors, for eighteen million dollars. At the time, Trump’s Atlantic City casinos were heavily indebted; he also put his airline, the Trump Shuttle, up for sale.

The second deal came in 1995, when bin Talal and a partner, a Singapore hotels company, paid hundreds of millions of dollars to take control of The Plaza, on Fifth Avenue, from Trump. A Times story at the time said that the buyers had agreed to “pay part, or all, of Mr. Trump’s $300 million mortgage on the hotel, guarantee interest payments on Mr. Trump’s Plaza debt and spend $28 million to renovate part of the hotel.” Trump, the article said, was “under heavy pressure because of more than $115 million of guarantees he has given on the Trump Organization’s debt, and because of his recently announced attempt to raise $250 million to expand his casino investments.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2016 2:23 AM

And Trump supporters wonder why we see them as no different from the idiot sheep sitting in the audience while a televangelist makes someone walk again.

Face it, it doesn't matter if you hate Hillary. To specifically announce your support for this orange charlatan is to admit you're plain stupid, a bigot or both. He's a thin-skinned douchebag and I am so looking forward to watching the debate because as much as I dislike Hillary, there's no doubt in my mind that she will completely destroy this insecure man-baby. He's a coward who can't handle even the slightest criticism like a mature adult. Someone who tweets as much as he does -and does so like a cunty tween- is not fit to carry the poop scooper for the president's dog, let alone be president.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2016 2:26 AM

Either doing business with Middle Eastern companies is corrupt and terrible or it isn't. Explain how it's terrible when Hillary does it for charity, but wonderful when Trump does it for huge profits.

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2016 2:26 AM

Someone's earning their keep.

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2016 2:29 AM

R49, the Twitter war he was having with that Saudi prince is sheer stupidity. This guy is the nephew of the last King, he's bailed Trump out twice when he was in dire straits, and apparently is fighting with him now, mostly because he's turned around and bitten the hand that fed him. His other Arab partners are stuck with him because billions are involved.

And this is how he talks to his "friend," a guy that probably saved him from bankruptcy or worse. What happens with some foreign head of state pisses him off? He can't stop attacking people .

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2016 2:29 AM

R51 thinks if nobody puts the links right in front of you, it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2016 2:31 AM

R50, they can't explain it, nor can they explain his China dealings or the fact that he undoubtedly has countless illegals working on his properties. They won't even explain why he hasn't released his tax returns. He's one of two people who will be president and he hasn't released his tax returns even after he said he would.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2016 2:33 AM

Anybody who does construction in Dubai is using slave labor. It's well known, they don't even bother lying about it.

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2016 2:35 AM

Thanks, R22, that said it all. All the more recent posts that are supposed to be "defending" Hillary are just anti-Trump posts showing he's just as bad... That's a defense? I know Hillary's PAC is paying posters to post in her defense, but they are doing a poor job of it.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2016 2:37 AM

anyone using labor wears earrings and caftans.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2016 2:39 AM

Trump will be the first President in history that fails to get a security clearance.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2016 2:39 AM

I don't like either candidates. And still I want to know what was promised them for that money.

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2016 2:39 AM

Christ, R56. No one with above a two-digit IQ has to be paid to state the obvious about Trump who is a piece of shit and his supporters are pathetic as hell for thinking we can't see right through them. His support is solely-based on fear-mongering. You're sitting there like a jackass listening to a man go off about Mexicans and Muslims and the Chinese knowing full-well that he personally profits from all three to this day and you think anyone has to be paid for stating the obvious to your stupid ass? Get real.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2016 2:43 AM

R56, you're missing the point. It's not that Trump is "just as bad," it's that he's a hypocrite claiming that someone that took money for charity is just as bad as someone who hires slave labor to work in 130 degree un-air-conditioned heat so he can get richer than he already is for his personal benefit.

Are you really so obtuse that you can't understand that charity work and for-profit slavery aren't the identical same thing? Then maybe Trump is right for you.

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2016 2:44 AM

Republicans do this all the time, remember Bush?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2016 2:59 AM

Bush kissing their ass LITERALLY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2016 3:01 AM

Trump kissing ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2016 3:02 AM

r53 , 51 thinks no such thing.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2016 3:06 AM

Big mouth Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2016 3:09 AM

Nobody's paying me a dime to post anything, R56. I've been a vocal supporter of Hillary Clinton's for years around here.

If she were running against a real person I would be less annoyed. As it is, with Hillary running against that nasty Oompa Loompa cartoon fuck, I'm offended. It's offensive that he made it through this process and it's offensive that anyone, anywhere would think a vote for Trump is acceptable.

He will always be the Short-fingered Vulgarian to me.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2016 3:15 AM

Trump as an Oompa Loompa! I want to see him in the costume singing and dancing. There's a comedy duo who do imitations of Trump and Bernie, they did something on tv I downloaded, and they're touring as Trump and Bernie. It's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2016 3:24 AM

Gulf monarchs have been contributing tens of millions of dollars to both Democrats and Republicans for decades. This is not news.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2016 3:33 AM

Good god I hate defending Trump, but he built things in China and Saudi Arabia- his dealings were public and didn't involve any possibility of government quid pro quo.

Hillary took donations from these countries, and then ALLEGEDLY used her position as SoS to influence government policy. The preponderance of the evidence leads to a conclusion that she had clear conflicts of interest, and an unsympathetic view would connect that to corruption and misuse or abuse of power.

Trump sucks, but he wasn't 5th in line for president when he made those deals with foreign governments.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2016 3:36 AM

Actually you're missing the point, R61. Who cares if Trump's a hypocrite. This thread isn't about anything he said. OP started it about what was reported about Hillary, way before Trump even ran. And all you can do to respond to what Hillary has done is talk about Trump?

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2016 3:38 AM

Hillary is a hooker - been doing it for years. Some kind of kinky thing - she wears crazy hooker clothes - they give her money and she does outrageous sex things. It's common knowledge - just ask anyone ...

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2016 3:40 AM

Huma!!!

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2016 5:00 AM

We don't give a fuck about your crazy accusations against Hillary. We've been hearing stupid bullshit accusations against her for 25 years. It's always been garbage. If it's not garbage now then I guess you really fucked yourselves over because you're the pig-fuckers who cried wolf way too many times. Sucks to be you.

I don't give a fuck if the Saudis or whoever donated to the Clinton Foundation. Good. I like the Clinton Foundation.

As for the "preponderance of the evidence" proving any kind of quid pro quo or ANYthing against Hillary Clinton - you are fucking delusional. If they could have, the foaming at the mouth Republicans would have proved something against her years ago, or last year, or NOW. They can't because there's nothing there. Vague accusations, hints of possible impropriety, mutter mutter mutter that poison into people's ears.. that'll do it, right? Your smear campaign will work, right? Guess again, dumb cunts, it has never worked against her and it never will.

Sucks to be you, Clinton Derangement Syndrome Sufferers. Hillary Clinton is our next president and Donald fucking Trump, that orange, bloviating, disgusting motherfucker and his Slovenian hooker wife are going to be viciously humiliated in November (if not before).

G.O.O.D. T.I.M.E.S.

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2016 5:17 AM

R74

Foaming at the mouth is not a "power stance".

If you're going to become this unhinged about St Hillary, rightful heir to the throne of Amerika, what will you do when the Duke of Orange is chosen?

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2016 5:32 AM

Your fucked up fantasy world is not my concern, R75.

Donald Trump will never be the President of the United States. He can't even hold a little rally without scandal and embarrassment to himself, his party and this country. Those regularly scheduled fuck ups will intensify and get much, much worse over the next few months. His campaign will be crushed under the weight of it, under the weight of HIM and his insane ambition and rightly so.

And that's really all there is to say about it. Take care, you whore.

by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2016 5:44 AM

I hate Trump, but he's just there to make Clinton look good by comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2016 6:32 AM

No, R77, that is not at all why Trump is there. It's not even close to why he's there.

But then you're obviously insane so there's not much point in having a conversation with you. Have you seen the freshman bull session thread up at the top tonight? Check it out, bring your bong and some Doritos. You'll love it.

Meanwhile, back in the land where everything is not theoretical or fantasy-based, the grownups will be doing boring, practical, grown-uppy things that keep life and limb together and the country running. Don't worry your pretty little head about it.

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2016 7:00 AM

Oh brother.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2016 5:37 PM

Money donated to the Clinton Foundation is not the same as donating to the Hillary Campaign. Trump wants to conflate the two but only the two will fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2016 6:44 PM

So we hate regimes that execute gays but we don't want to change our oil dependence on them?

Just trying to understand the supposed sudden empathy the GOP has for gays.

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2016 6:45 PM

Sexism pure & simple! Some how....Some way Bernie Sanders & his misogynistic Bernie Bros are to blame for this!

by Anonymousreply 82June 23, 2016 7:32 PM

It's Bernie Sanders fault! Violence Against Women in Nevada! Trump did it first! Remember George Bush?!

by Anonymousreply 83June 23, 2016 7:40 PM

[quote] Just trying to understand the supposed sudden empathy the GOP has for gays.

I'm still trying to understand HRC's. Let's not forget that she was against Gay Marriage until 2013!

by Anonymousreply 84June 23, 2016 7:43 PM

And Obama was officially against gay marriage until 2012. Even Bernie Sanders only officially stated his approval in 2009, which was the same year that Hillary extended key marriage benefits to same-sex couples at the state department.

So, yeah, extending marriage benefits to state employees totally means she hates your gay ass.

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2016 8:16 PM

Hillary endorsed late on gay marriage. It's a fair criticism, and she's coped to it. It was part of a skit she did on SNL, where she admitted she should've endorsed sooner. Nobody's buying the evolution story, with Barack either.

by Anonymousreply 86June 23, 2016 8:41 PM

The innermost feelings of Hillary, Obama or for that matter Trump, don't matter when it comes to their policy towards gays. What is their policy?

Trump may have friends that are gay, but he wants to reverse gay marriage and pack the Supreme Court with justices picked by the Heritage Foundation, a Republican conservative think tank, because he doesn't know one justice from another and wants somebody to tell him what to do. If he becomes President, that's what he's going to do, ask Republican think tanks what his policies should be, because he has no idea. How is that going to benefit the average gay person?

Trump may personally have some other ideas, but he knows nothing about government, laws, treaties or previous policies, so his stance is to hire some hard line Republicans to run everything. He will delegate, like many business men do. He won't be running the country on a lot of the day to day issues, some hard line Republican will be doing it for him.

Do you really think Trump understands the nuances of the bills that come from Congress, or international treaties? Or the historic background of our relationships with other countries? Does he know what we did with Iran fifty years ago, or Afghanistan? No. Someone will tell him what to think or say. He doesn't care, he just wants to be President because he's an egomaniac.

This is not about what someone's feelings are that they tell their spouse in bed at night. This is about what bills they sign or veto that will affect you.

by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2016 10:25 PM

The thing that cracks me up the most? All the things cunt Clinton's supporters imagine Trump will be if he's elected is EVERYTHING Hillary has been her whole public life.

by Anonymousreply 88June 23, 2016 10:39 PM

If you want to know what the Clinton Foundationhas done with the money it has raised- its public record. Yes rich people from all over the place give to all the world's great foundations. Hillary was not enriching herself nor was or is Bill. There are some crazy people on this thread who don't know what they're talking about. 13 million world wide have anti HIV meds who otherwise could not afford them due to the Foundation. There's much much more. No good deed goes unpunished.

by Anonymousreply 89June 23, 2016 11:10 PM

R89, people are just listening to Republicans who lie and act like the "Clinton Foundation" is the same as Hillary's campaign, or somehow it's donations straight into her personal bank account.

Charities have to disclose their contributions. There is no such thing as giving money to charity and you just keep it and nobody knows. That's ridiculous. It's the Clintons. When have they not been watched like a hawk and accused of everything?

by Anonymousreply 90June 23, 2016 11:22 PM

Proof of this is coming.

by Anonymousreply 91August 29, 2016 2:28 AM

Clinton Foundation has an A on CharityWatch.

You can't buy that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 29, 2016 2:35 AM

Meanwhile, Trumpettes get more desperate as the election LOOMS...

by Anonymousreply 93August 29, 2016 2:38 AM

Hillary accepted no money from Saudi Arabia or dictators, the Clinton Foundation did.

Both Hillary and Bill have said they have never taken any money from the Clinton Foundation.

No Presidential candidate is allowed to take any money from non US citizens and all donations must be reported.

by Anonymousreply 94August 29, 2016 2:45 AM

[quote]The thing that cracks me up the most? All the things cunt Clinton's supporters imagine Trump will be if he's elected is EVERYTHING Hillary has been her whole public life.

I don't know which is worse: that someone could be dumb enough to believe shit like this or that they think we're dumb enough to believe shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 95August 29, 2016 2:51 AM

The Clinton Foundation has is a charity, stop being a microphone for the distorted Faux News. I can always tell a Faux News view from these distorted twisted onions assumed as facts.

I am actually glad this has been brought up because finally it comes to light all the good that they did. Republicans for years have been spreading bad info about it like it was some secret money machine going into their personal bank accounts. Well turns they were all wrong.

by Anonymousreply 96August 29, 2016 2:52 AM

I have to confess that I'm puzzled as to why I'm supposed to be critical of a foundation that takes money, even bad money, and puts it to damn good use. I shouldn't take Saudi money and save lives with it? Why?

by Anonymousreply 97August 29, 2016 3:16 AM

Donald Trump still does business in Saudi Arabia, despite blaming the country for 9/11

Donald Trump has blamed Saudi Arabia for the 9/11 terrorist attacks – but is still doing business there, it has emerged.

Mr Trump, the likely Republican candidate in November's US presidential election, filed financial records to the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday, as is required of all presidential candidates. The Commission has released the records, which reveal details of the billionaire’s income, debt and at least $1.4 billion in assets since 2015. According to Associated Press, the financial disclosure appears to include information on a new business enterprise set up to operate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

But Mr Trump has not always expressed a positive view of the Middle Eastern country. “Who blew up the World Trade Center? It wasn’t the Iraqis, it was Saudi – take a look at Saudi Arabia, open the documents,” he told Fox News in February.

And in March, the real estate magnate said he would consider stopping US oil purchases from Saudi Arabia and other Arab allies unless the Saudi government provided ground troops to fight Isis. The 104-page document lists 527 current job titles for the businessman-turned-politician, who is listed as the head of an array of companies. Four companies were incorporated by Mr Trump which could be related to a possible hotel project in Jeddah, the second largest city in Saudi Arabia, according to Buzzfeed News.

In the disclosure, he is listed as president and owner of companies called THC Jeddah Hotel Advisor and DT Jeddah Technical Services Advisor. These are thought to be related to a possible hotel development. Since he announced that he would be standing for president in June 2015, Mr Trump has created at least 46 new companies under his control. However, these are often formed to hold other companies, meaning that someone else runs the business in practical terms.

The financial disclosure provides much less detail than a tax return would – but Mr Trump is the first presidential candidate to refuse to release his tax returns since 1976.

“There’s nothing to learn from them,” he said.

The Trump campaign claims that the tycoon’s net worth is more than $10 billion, but this is difficult to verify from the document, which does not provide specific details of assets over $50 million.

The document includes details of assets including at least $687 million in real estate and development, from properties like Trump Tower in New York and 40 Wall Street, and at least $550 million in golf courses and resorts, according to the New York Times. The Republican presidential candidate also picked up $800,000 in speaking fees – relatively little in comparison to his Democrat rival Hillary Clinton, who revealed she earned $1.5 million for speeches before she launched her campaign. The report shows Mr Trump has also invested in companies he has previously criticised, such as Apple, Amazon and the parent company of Oreo.

At a rally in South Carolina, Mr Trump called for a boycott of Apple products after the company refused to hack an iPhone linked to the San Bernardino terror attack. “First of all, Apple ought to give the security for that phone,” he said. “What I think you ought to do is boycott Apple until such time as they give that security number.” Mr Trump owns Apple stock valued at between $1.1 million and $2.25 million.

In December, Mr Trump called on Saudi Arabia to take in more Syrian refugees, following his own demands that all Muslims should be barred from entering the USA.

He wrote on Twitter: “Has [...] Saudi Arabia, taken any of the Syrian refugees? If not, why not?”

by Anonymousreply 98August 29, 2016 3:18 AM

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

New Abedin Emails Reveal Hillary Clinton State Department Gave Special Access to Top Clinton Foundation Donors

Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Mgr John Podesta Sat on Board of Company that Bagged $35 Million from Putin-Connected Russian Govt Fund

Scandal: The Clinton Foundation has amended four years of tax forms due to "errors" in reporting foreign-government donations. A routine move? Hardly. It's more like another attempt to clean up Hillary Clinton's past.

by Anonymousreply 99August 29, 2016 5:43 AM

Why in the world would Saudi Arabia or any Muslim country take in "refugees" who are not part of their chamullah (tribe) when the West will happily accede to their demands to clean up a thousand years of the disaster of overcrowding, dysfunction and failure that are Muslim societies.

by Anonymousreply 100August 29, 2016 5:51 AM

"Nothing illegal has turned up." That's by design. Quid pro quo is neatly tucked away here and there in our system. It's the age of the wink and a nod.

Even good people fall prey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 30, 2016 7:51 AM

[quote]Quid pro quo is neatly tucked away here and there in our system.

Yes and no. It's true that there are rarely smoking guns these days, like an email that says, "Give me this money and I'll vote for your legislation," but there are tells where someone acts against type, against their prior convictions, against what they stood for in the past.

In the case of Clinton, specifically, if she had met with people wouldn't have normally met, if she had approved something she shouldn't have or normally wouldn't have, if she had granted favors that surprised people, these would all show up. To date, nobody has found these tangible signs of a quid pro quo. The three specific actions noted in the recent AP article, for example, all were the perfectly normal and expected, completely uncontroversial, actions of a good Secretary of State.

by Anonymousreply 102August 30, 2016 3:15 PM

[quote]I have to confess that I'm puzzled as to why I'm supposed to be critical of a foundation that takes money, even bad money, and puts it to damn good use. I shouldn't take Saudi money and save lives with it? Why?

Me too. Also continually puzzled by how Anderson Cooper and other so-called journalists don't bat an eye when the Trumsters on their panels speak of "corruption" and "pay for play" scandals with Hillary and the Foundation. Not one asks, what corruption are you speaking of? Has the definition of corruption changed to "taking a meeting"? Where's the evidence Hills, Bill or Chelsea pocketed any donations for themselves, channeled foundation moneys to their personal bank accounts, in general personally profited from the donors' gifts to the foundation? I sure like to know.

by Anonymousreply 103August 30, 2016 3:56 PM

More on the double standards on reporting on Clinton (useful when someone insists that the media are in the tank for her): the Powell Foundation. Yglesias also makes some good points about the Clinton media "investigations." Quoting from the article:

Which is lucky for him, because as Clinton could tell you, once you are the subject of a lengthy investigation, the press doesn’t like to report, “Well, we looked into it and we didn’t find anything interesting.”

Instead we get things like:

An Associated Press investigation whose big reveal is that Clinton once tried to help out a Nobel Peace Prize winner who was in hot water with the ruling party of his home country.

An LA Times story headlined “Billionaire’s Clinton Ties Face Scrutiny,” about a rich Lebanese-Nigerian man who appears to be genuinely somewhat shady, gave money to the Clinton Foundation, and received nothing in exchange.

A Wall Street Journal story about how the crown prince of Bahrain scored a meeting with Hillary Clinton years after having donated to the Clinton Foundation. The story somehow forgets to mention that Rice, Powell, Madeleine Albright, and Warren Christopher had all also met with him during their tenures as secretary of state

An ABC investigation that concluded a donor had used a foundation connection to get a better seating assignment at State Department function.

Three of these stories, in other words, found no wrongdoing whatsoever but chose to insinuate that they had found wrongdoing in order to make the stories seem more interesting. The AP even teased its story with a flagrantly inaccurate tweet, which it now concedes was inaccurate but won’t take down or correct. The final investigation into the seat assignments at least came up with something, but it’s got to be just about the most trivial piece of donor special treatment you can think of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 30, 2016 7:51 PM

Seating assignments?

Is ABC going next after all the arts institutions which give board seats to the socialite wives of their wealthy donors? Or after the industry practice in larger non profits to have dedicated donor relations staff whose job is guess what?

by Anonymousreply 105August 30, 2016 8:21 PM

Interesting r2.

by Anonymousreply 106January 22, 2020 4:19 AM

^Stupid fuckhead.

I hope your next bump is into a concrete wall going 90 MPH.

by Anonymousreply 107January 22, 2020 4:36 AM

Soooo, what's the point of this? She's out of the WH. The Repugs love to keep hounding Hilary and Obama to misdirect away from their misdeeds when they HAVE BEEN OUT OF OFFICE FOR ALMOST FOUR YEARS!!! It's just regurgitation at this point so fuck yourself, r106.

by Anonymousreply 108January 22, 2020 7:39 AM

The Old Foundation Grift...one of the best ones around.

by Anonymousreply 109January 22, 2020 7:44 AM

FAKE NEWS. The Clinton Foundation does charity work, Hillary doesn't pocket the money herself. And only right-wing conspiracy theorists and slanderers try to convince everyone that donors can buy her influence this way.

It's not like the Trump foundation at all, which Trump uses to pocket money, pay his own resorts or acquire gifts for himself tax-free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 22, 2020 8:56 AM

The Clinton Foundation doesn't sell influence and Hillary doesn't pocket that money.

It's a stark contrast to the Trump administration, who sells the authority to assassinate Saudi journalists, tries to shake-down the Ukraine for Trumped-up charges against Trump's political opponents and withholds military support from our allies like Qatar unless they pay Cockgobbler Jared Kushner billions in personal bribes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 22, 2020 9:00 AM

It's good to be Trump cronies, because Trump peddles influence and acquires bribes for them:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 22, 2020 9:02 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 22, 2020 9:03 AM

Bribing and wooing a Cockgobbler Crony of Donald Trump:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 22, 2020 9:05 AM

Yes. The Clintons are a nice, unshady family.

I just eye rolled so hard I gave myself a concussion.

by Anonymousreply 115January 24, 2020 7:44 AM

Yes!!! Drag her!!!! Just like I did to Miz!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 24, 2020 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!