Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CLAWS ARE OUT! A-Gays Billy Eichner and Ross Mathews in Twiiter Feud!

Billy accuses Ross of stealing his act! Ross responds, "I don't know her!"

The ad that started is all is here. Are you Team Billy? Team Ross? Team No Fucks 2 Give?

And it's Pride month, people!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 20, 2016 12:34 AM

They are both an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2016 3:01 AM

Ross is so gay that he's of an entire different species, so I find him interesting in a scientific-marveling kind of way.

Billy on the other hand is just obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2016 3:02 AM

I like Ross. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and has a sharp wit. Billy is none of that. His act consists of being obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2016 3:07 AM

r4 Exactly. Ross sounds like a Disney princess with throat cancer, but he owns it and he makes up for it with wit and kindness.

Billy's just a pig-nosed little viper who thinks he can yell and pass his shrillness off as humor.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2016 3:10 AM

Billy doesn't have a monopoly on asking people questions on the street. Is he going to say Jay Leno stole his act too with Jaywalking?

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2016 3:11 AM

Billy Eichner always reminds me of the expression "face like a slapped twat". I don't think I ever really understood what that meant until I saw him.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2016 3:14 AM

Team Ross on this one.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2016 3:25 AM

Billy Eichner was hilarious his first couple months. Then it went no where. Ross isn't really doing the same thing here.

Ross looks like he has lost a few lbs.

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2016 3:32 AM

Billy struck first, tweeting:

"Yet another Billy on the Street ripoff. I usually ignore but this one is SHAMELESS and PATHETIC. (And not funny)."

Ross responded: "Are you serious? I've been doing Man On The Street since 2001."

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2016 3:35 AM

Billy responds on Twitter to Ross's ignorance of "Billy on th Street" with:

".@helloross Perhaps u didn't but ur new friends @CapitalOne certainly did as they reached out to my agents about this campaign. HAPPY PRIDE."

Ouchie wah wah!!!

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2016 3:38 AM

Ross: "I googled you and you're funny! But you're a dick."

Who can heal this rift?

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2016 3:40 AM

They both have over 500k twitter followers? God, just shoot me

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2016 4:23 AM

Team Who Gives A Fuck.

Billy is mad because Ross's schtick gets more exposure than his. And Ross scored a national commercial.

Seems Billy is in Ross's shadow in terms of exposure. Even when he started, Ross was on a network with Leno while Billy is on CC.

But at some point each has made me laugh, so Team WGAF for me.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2016 4:24 AM

Russ has had a series of disastrous marriages.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2016 4:28 AM

Billy is right but Ross is much slower.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2016 5:03 AM

Billy is gross. He's never been funny, just obnoxious and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2016 5:25 AM

Even Andy Cohen (who is friends with Eichner) sided with Ross on twitter. You can't claim anyone who does an interview on the street is copying you. What an ass hole.

I've mentioned this before. I knew Billy at Northwestern, and he was a complete ass hole. He has not changed at all. His "TV" personality is just as obnoxious as his real personality. I couldn't stand him. Every time he gets further in his career, I get more and more shocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2016 6:11 AM

This was the most ridiculous thing ever.

Ross's bit was basically him doing Jay Walking and Jay Walking was nothing original.

Billy claiming that was his thing made zero sense especially when Ross wasn't chasing after people and screaming in their faces. If he wanted to be mad at Capital One then sure, go ahead and do that (but you turned them down) but Ross was just doing his usual and collecting a paycheck.

I'm not a "Ross" fan and I find him to be annoying but he does seem genuinely sweet.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2016 6:51 AM

And of course, Andy Cohen has to insert himself into it. That guy really needs to go away for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2016 6:53 AM

I met Billy a few years ago, right before his Comedy Central series started airing. He was such an arrogant asshole, and he wasn't even famous then. I shudder to think what he must be like now. At least, this Twitter feud is revealing his true colors.

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2016 7:08 AM

R20, He was an arrogant ass hole in 1998... and obnoxious and loud. "Billy on the street" is all him... screeching banshee and all.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2016 7:52 AM

Having followed the tit for tat on Twitter, points go to Ross.

Billy may suck cock but he could learn a few about being a gay from our Ross! Yay Ross, keep on keeping on!

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2016 8:06 AM

I am not a Ross fan, but living in LA I remember seeing him going from intern to more bits on the show. His personality was so bubbly and over the top it was like Jay Leno said "you have to see this" but in a good way. Was never sure if that was all a fake shtick and he was a struggling comedian or real but either way I have to side with Ross on this. He has been doing this for years. That other guys just look like a douche.

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2016 8:10 AM

I love Billy Eichner because of him being a regular guest star (voice) on Bob's Burgers.

But him going after Ross? Ross is so lowest common denominator trash.

There is something very strange going on where it seems like some celebs are off their meds, let loose without a handler at their side, or just turned off their filter (which tells then what they should or can say out loud and what should better remain a thought).

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2016 8:24 AM

Billy Eichner dose not make enough money to hire a full time filter so what you get on Twitter is basically the same kind of unfiltered thought you get from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2016 9:02 AM

#Nofilter

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2016 1:38 PM

I have to admit that I hated Ross Mathews when I first saw him years ago because I thought he was this embarrassing stereotype and frankly, I couldn't stand really effeminate men. However, since then I realized what a huge asshole I was being (I blame it on youth and ignorance).

With that being said...I LOVE Ross Mathews now. I really do. And I love him on Hollywood Live Today or whatever. I like Billy too, but it's disappointing reading that he's a dick.

BTW, Tanner on HLT is SMOKING hot.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2016 2:37 PM

Did Billy "pass" or did they like Ross better? I agree that man on the street stuff has been a staple for ages (Letterman was doing it before both of them).

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2016 2:46 PM

They must have a mutual friend who can quash this beef. Lance Bass? Andrew Rannells?

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2016 3:38 PM

Billy is such a cunt. This whole thing is hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2016 3:49 PM

Billy started the whole thing. I hope he stops getting work after this. No one wants to work with an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2016 3:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2016 3:52 PM

Jay-walking was a ripped off from the Stuttering John interviews the Stern show used to do.

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2016 3:59 PM

Here's Alan Alda talking about Steve Allen and the origins of the "Man in the Street" comedy bits (starting all the way back from vaudeville).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2016 4:00 PM

Team Miss Ross.

For those of you shills still in Team Silly Billy, please see [R34].

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2016 6:14 PM

Now the world knows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2016 7:21 PM

Ross started doing those type of street interviews back on Leno in the early 2000s.

Eichner is a fucking asshole. I know a couple people in New York who know him and they all say he's a little piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2016 8:04 PM

Team Ross all the way. Until now, I always gave Billy the benefit of the doubt and hoped he wasn't a dick but just played one on TV. Now I find out he's even worse in real life.

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2016 8:29 PM

You know the saying R38, when people show you who they are, believe them.

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2016 8:32 PM

Did he really have a Comedy Central show? I thought it was on Fuse or Fusion.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2016 9:52 PM

[quote]Did he really have a Comedy Central show? I thought it was on Fuse or Fusion.

"Billy on the Street" was definitely Fuse and then truTV. I think they show it on Comedy Central in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2016 9:55 PM

Billy has an awfully big ego for someone who almost ruined Parks and Recreation and has a show on fucking Hulu.

Has Julie Klausner weighed in by body shaming a popular female celebrity yet?

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2016 11:36 PM

I love Billy

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2016 1:28 AM

I can only take Billy in small doses. Some of the stuff he does on his show is laugh-out-loud hysterical, however he does get carried away quite a bit in many segments, trying way too hard to get a response.

Ross on the other hand is just NOT funny at all. Zilch. No talent what-so-ever.

by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2016 1:40 AM

Ross has a very funny podcast called "Straight Talk with Ross Mathews." It's very popular. It features the real, unfiltered Ross. Lots of cursing, funny dirty jokes, etc.

by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2016 1:50 AM

Aren't these people in their 40s? And Andy Cohen is nearly 50. Just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2016 2:13 AM

Ross Matthews is not funny or talented. Eichner is clearly a HUGE asshole, but that comes with the territory, and he actually can be funny. He makes fun of his horribleness in his Hulu show.

That being said, Ross is right. When I originally saw Eichner's schtick, I thought he had just stolen Ross' act and turned it up a notch. Is Eichner not aware of this fact? Ross was on Leno for decades.

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2016 2:43 AM

LOL, people care about these old fags?

(Consider me for Emmys!)

by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2016 3:04 AM

Ross is 36 and Billy is 37

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2016 3:11 AM

Billy is known as a real brown-noser to celebrities. He is only interested in other people if they can do something for him.

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2016 3:18 AM

Billy is an embarrassment to all WIldcats. THIS is what he does with a Northwestern theatre degree?

by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2016 3:32 AM

Billy is annoying AF! I could never watch his show because he was so obnoxious yelling at people and running around and it wasn't funny. If he yelled in my face, I would've punched him.šŸ‘Š

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2016 3:35 AM

This will warm your cockles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2016 5:36 AM

Team Ross all the way. I have absolutely no idea who the other guy is and he seems like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 54June 22, 2016 5:47 AM

Keep Ross away from the buffet!

by Anonymousreply 55June 22, 2016 5:53 AM

R42, while shoveling more and more food down her gullet and whining about how no one will cast her in anything?

by Anonymousreply 56June 22, 2016 7:13 AM

I've always been fond of Ross.

Are they fake-feuding to bolster each other?

by Anonymousreply 57June 22, 2016 7:19 AM

Rumor is that the feud is fake.

Ross shouldn't have claimed that he'd never heard of Billy. Of course he has.

by Anonymousreply 58June 22, 2016 1:20 PM

I'm not normally a Billy Eichner fan, but his Hulu show with his fat hag can be funny.

by Anonymousreply 59June 22, 2016 1:35 PM

Eichner was funny when he interviewed anonymous people but he became lame - he loves celebrities too much.

by Anonymousreply 60June 22, 2016 2:10 PM

[bold]Those[/bold] two are what we term A-gays?!?

Jesus wept.

by Anonymousreply 61June 22, 2016 2:34 PM

Eichner is an ass-kissing cunt, if such a thing is possible. Total Z-lister with delusions of famedom and a desire to hang out with true celebrities who do something more than shout down people on the street who call him on his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 62June 22, 2016 3:58 PM

Cohen, Eichner, Ross and Ryan Seacrest really are the embodiment of Fran Lebowitz's statements on what AIDS did to our culture.

by Anonymousreply 63June 22, 2016 4:03 PM

r61 Well, look at all celebs just clamoring to leap out of the closet. Hardly a stampede.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2016 2:35 AM

An anorexic restaurant owner.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2016 3:17 AM

Are guys like Ross considered to be sexually desirable?

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2016 3:23 AM

R66, this is Datalounge.

NO ONE is considered sexually desirable.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2016 3:27 AM

There's someone for everyone.

Even abusive assholes!

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2016 3:27 AM

Ross and his partner, Salvador, have been together for at least 5 years. They've lived together for a while and are exploring options to raise their own kids.

Billy talks a lot about hooking up on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2016 4:09 PM

Billy has the DL mortal sin of unfortunate nipple placement.

by Anonymousreply 70July 19, 2016 2:36 PM

B.O.T.S. is on Hulu now so I've been watching & enjoying it, although I can only watch 2-3 episodes at a time before I get exhausted and have to take a break. Anyone know what's up with his fucked up eye? Was he in an accident or something?

by Anonymousreply 71July 19, 2016 3:46 PM

R63, that is the most depressing fucking thought. I've heard it before but every time I hear it it's like I'm hearing it for the first time. It's a blow to the soul.

by Anonymousreply 72July 19, 2016 4:21 PM

Is that from a specific essay by Liebowitz or was it an off the cuff statement? I'm kind of curious to see what goes into that point.

by Anonymousreply 73July 19, 2016 4:37 PM

The essay is "The Impact of AIDS on the Artistic Community." If you Google the title, there's a PDF of it.

by Anonymousreply 74July 19, 2016 4:44 PM

Whoa, thanks for the speedy response R74 ! What R63 wrote is like a punch in the chest and I want to see what else FL has to say. Thanks again.

by Anonymousreply 75July 19, 2016 4:49 PM

So many of the truly artistic, intelligent, funny, etc gay folks left us and Eichner and Co. are the minstrel show afterbirth?

by Anonymousreply 76July 19, 2016 5:48 PM

The shrieking Ross Mathews an "A-gay?" I hardly think so. Unfortunately, "he" represents the gay community to a lot of people, which is why so many straights hate us.

by Anonymousreply 77July 19, 2016 6:07 PM

Funny, [R77]. You don't sound gay at all. You sound more like a football locker room toilet stall [italic]trade[/italic] queen.

by Anonymousreply 78July 19, 2016 11:51 PM

Billy Eichner clawed his way to the middle.

by Anonymousreply 79July 20, 2016 12:26 AM

Funny, R78, you sound more like a prideless loser who doesn't mind being identified with an embarrassing, over-the-top, shrieking characture of gay people. Sorry, my standards are much higher.

by Anonymousreply 80July 20, 2016 12:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!