Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael K. Williams -- gay?

He's the black Clint Eastwood -- Omar from The Wire. He's 50 but never married and well he was very convincing as a gay man on The Wire.

Any rumors? Now and then he's seen dating women but well, you know ....

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2019 8:55 PM

I just saw this and remembered this thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2016 8:55 PM

How is he the black Clint Eastwood?

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2016 9:06 PM

He's always among a movie's highlight. Deserves a good lead role.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2016 9:16 PM

r2, he's not its just some cunts way of sounding cool.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2016 9:29 PM

I remember reading somewhere that he was, the source sounded pretty convincing but take that for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2016 9:34 PM

I've thought so only because he seeks out gay roles: The Wire, Hap and Leonard, he played a drag queen/maybe a trans woman in "Triple Nine" (a very small role), and the upcoming Dustin Lance Black miniseries "When We Rise".

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2016 9:36 PM

I think he is. If I remember correctly from a radio interview he did with Wendy Williams years ago, she ran into him having lunch with a guy in NYC, and I think they both just implied it was a business lunch, but you know messy ass Wendy wouldn't have brought it up for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2016 10:01 PM

He is bisexual, and it is obvious. He is also a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2019 7:51 PM

He lives in Brooklyn crown heights. I am not sure if he still lives there. He looks like he might be Haitian.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2019 8:00 PM

He's a great actor and needs a lead in a movie. If he's gay, lovely.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2019 8:09 PM

R9 his mom is from Nassau in the Bahamas, and he is a great actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2019 6:23 AM

He is probably bi. He is currently dating the actress Tasha Smith. I guess it could be for publicity but why? I have seen them together several times in Atlanta,

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2019 11:56 AM

R12 he also dated Heather Hunter and she is also bisexual, and would not date a man unless he was going to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2019 8:41 PM

OMAR!

I love Omar. Always brilliant. I want to see him in a movie with Don Cheadle, another brilliant black actor.

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2019 8:52 PM

I think he's gay or bi. His biggest inspiration is Janet Jackson and he used to do the choreography for house music diva Crystal Waters (100% Pure Love video is his work).

There was a Breakfast Club interview a few years ago and I think for some reason there was something in the news about whether a gay rapper/actor could come out or whatever. I don't remember what the specific question was (it might have been later in the interview), but he gave a very vague answer about 'some things he's done in his past' - "and i'll just leave it at that" and he said it in such a way that they knew not to ask anything more about it.

I know that's vague as hell and my memory is foggy, but he might have just been talking about his prior drug use (he was a hard core junkie) or homosexuality or whatever. Not to stereotype but I got the sense he indulged in a lot of debauchery in his youth and was probably giving it up to anyone (for drugs or just for fun lol).

The interview should still be online but they are long and i'm too lazy to watch through them.

I think he's an excellent actor (amazing presence more than anything), comes across well in interviews, and I love Tasha Smith too. Fun, quirky couple. I think she actually has some lez rumours as well (never married, no kids, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2019 8:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!