Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

President-Elect Hillary Clinton

Exactly five months to the day, we can hear these words broadcast around the world. I am so fucking excited!

Former First Lady. Former Senator from New York. Former US Secretary of State. Future President.

She's an amazing woman. I'm now on-board the Hillary train.

Now I'm starting to imagine her inaugural speech. Walking into the White House to live, for another eight years. Giving State of the Union speeches.

I'm so proud to be a Democrat. So much history made, in just eight years.

by Anonymousreply 308February 8, 2020 3:07 PM

I'm with you OP. And I will weep openly as the Obamas wave goodbye and shake hands with Hill and Bill on the White House steps, welcoming them.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2016 2:50 PM

Trump's gonna win.

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2016 2:51 PM

R2 needs an MRI stat!

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2016 2:52 PM

You cannot piss off as many sectors of the voting public as Trump has and win the White House.

The numbers are simply not there.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2016 2:54 PM

OP. So young. So foolish. The fall will be emotionally devastating from that height.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2016 2:54 PM

[quote]You cannot piss off as many sectors of the voting public as Trump has and win the White House.

Indeed. Trump's numbers among women, latinos and black people are terrible, that makes his path to victory look impossible.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2016 2:55 PM

R4, you cannot piss off the majority of the American people and tell whites they are evil and win the White House.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2016 2:56 PM

I must have missed the speech where Clinton said white people are evil.

Both McCain and Romney won the white vote...and Obama has been president for the last 8 years. Why do you think Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel are freaking out about Trump's racism, they see the writing on the wall.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2016 3:03 PM

Agreed OP :)

And agreed R1. :) (That will be a moment!)

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2016 3:07 PM

Trump is an idiot. His "campaign" is lame and almost non existent. He has called the media dishonest liars and sleazy. Hillary on the other hand has an impressive campaign machine. Add to that she will have the "campaigner in chief" Obama ripping Trump to pieces. Biden, Bill, Elizabeth Warren, and eventually Bernie Sanders will be attacking Trump daily from every side. He will go ballistic. Who does Trump have? Christie. The fall of Trump will be epic!

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2016 3:07 PM

I can't wait. I'll miss Obama but Hillary will be a great successor. Trump is going down

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2016 3:10 PM

R10 = delusional about how much the American people loathe their corrupt millionaire establishment. Trump's the only candidate for real change, scary as that is.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2016 3:12 PM

So thrilled to see this happen! She's so smart, experienced, and empathetic--I full trust she will be a formidable president!

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2016 3:12 PM

R8, I don't think I've ever seen the level of "begrudging support" that Paul Ryan is exhibiting. His mouth barely says the words, his eyes and body language all belie the soundbytes he is forced to deliver.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2016 3:16 PM

R12...They hate corrupt millionaires, so they should elect a corrupt billionaire? That's logical.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2016 3:16 PM

What I really love is how Hillary is reveling in the historic nature of her accomplishments.

Obama really played down the fact that he was the first AA President (which is HUGE, by the way), but Hillary is putting it front and center.

Her campaign video last night was all about history, and all the people who came before her.

I had hoped that we would have 16 years of a Democratic Presidency, and it looks like we're going to get it!

Suck it, freepers!

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2016 3:17 PM

OP the Trump/Bill/HIll fix up is for Hillary to win. If she loses it will be so comical. The Clinton put their buffoonish friend up there to make her look good no matter how many war crimes she has committed.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2016 3:20 PM

R15: it is logical. Trump doesn't owe any lobby groups anything. He can't be bought or sold. Trump would be a much more radical break with the past than Hillary. He's also speaking directly to Americans who've been ignored for decades: isolationists and the working class who've lost their jobs to China and Mexico

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2016 3:20 PM

Keep the 2012 electoral map exactly the same but move the white percentage to 64% and Trump wins (even with decreases in the minority share of the vote for Republicans, he still wins). All Trump has to do is get the white voters who stayed home for Romney to turnout for him and he's president. And by the looks of the primary he's doing just that. I know that this tidbit doesn't quite mesh with the anti-white beliefs on the left about the irrelevancy of the white vote, but you're about to find out the hard way just how relevant (in fact it's the most relevant) the white vote is. However, it is amusing to see a party whose voters barely show up to vote be so sure of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2016 3:24 PM

R1 that will be so historical. The first black president passing the baton to the first female president. I'm so proud to be a Democrat. We've made so much progress, while the GOP is still stuck in some mid-20th century time warp. I love that Hillary mentioned in her speech last night about how Trump's "Make America great again!" slogan is code word for "Let's go back to a time when some Americans were oppressed." Instead, she noted, we need to look to the future and keep making America even greater.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2016 3:25 PM

R18 I agree to a certain degree but the interests that are giving to his campaign now will want payback. He is much less in the pocket than Hill is but like Hill he is worried about his own pocket.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2016 3:26 PM

She's merely the least evil of the available candidates.

She cost this country $4 trillion and counting, 4,000 troops and 250,000 innocent Iraqis' lives for imaginary weapons of mass destruction and she's proud of it.

That's nothing for Americans to be proud of.

There's nothing to celebrate here, unless you're evil, too.

She increased terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2016 3:29 PM

R19, yep, exactly. There are no Republicans who will not vote for Trump thanks to decades of Fox painting Hillary as Satan. Trump gets Romney's turnout PLUS the conservative whites who usually stay home PLUS white Union affiliated democrats in the swing states PLUS a chunk of disenchanted "fuck it, let it burn" Bernie supporters. And probably more Hispanics than most people think.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2016 3:29 PM

Hey, right before I ignore you, R22 - I read those exact same points on Reddit - you copying and pasting false talking points for Trump now? How much you get paid?

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2016 3:31 PM

Lazy white voters will not want to wait in the long lines their own party created by making voting more difficult. Good job guys, cuts both ways.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2016 3:33 PM

On a totally different angle, DAMN Robby Mook is fine looking!

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2016 3:35 PM

You are delusional r19/r23 Trump is historically unpopular among young people and women and you are giving him more of the white vote than Romney got.

Trump is the least popular candidate to win a nomination, you realize that right?

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2016 3:36 PM

To R22: When did George W. Bush become Hillary Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2016 3:38 PM

R27: Do you realize that popularity is measured over all groups, not just whites? Trump just needs to increase his white vote to win.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2016 3:40 PM

Trump is on pace to get more votes than any other candidate in the history of the Republican primary, you know, even more than that guy Romney, r27. Again, it's amusing to see members of a political party declare victory so early on when their fellow party members only occasionally vote (maybe, sometimes, never...) and it's equally amusing seeing these people pretend (or perhaps they are just that uninformed) that the white vote is irrelevant. A rude awakening awaits.

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2016 3:57 PM

It's funny how Trump got more votes than any republican candidate in history — as he loves to gloat over — and yet Hillary got millions more votes than Trump despite Democratic turnout declines.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2016 4:04 PM

I never realized how delusional the Drumpf voters are, until reading this thread.

Everyone HATES Donald Drumpf, and it's getting worse by the day. People HATE him.

After the election, we'll never have to hear from this twat EVER again!

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2016 4:05 PM

In a two person race, r31. You poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2016 4:09 PM

the only person I know who is really really into Trump is an open white supremacist but honestly lots of people in "flyover country" are apparently big fans

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2016 4:14 PM

I love the Obama family and Obama has been a magnificent President. The only way I can "let go" of them is because Hillary will be President. I agree with you OP 100%. It makes me proud and comforts me to know she will win. I am going to work hard, make phone calls, donate, volunteer, whatever I have to do. Both Bernie & trump want to raise taxes on the Middle Class. I cannot handle that. Plus both of them are assholers. Bernie snubbed the LGBT community dozens of times throughout this campaign. He is a phony fuck who voted FOR Wall St. deregulation. He voted to let people have guns on public transportation like trains, he voted for the Iraq War too. He's a lying sack of shit. Trump is just a complete media created imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2016 4:19 PM

Even former Governor Johnson, who is the presidential candidate for the Libertarian ticket, congratulated Hillary and was very gracious about her historic win last night. Bernie didn't even call her. He is an angry bitter combative asshole.

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2016 4:21 PM

Robby Mook also made history. He is the first openly gay manager of a major presidential campaign, and he helped the first woman win.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2016 5:02 PM

r24 smoking the tea, brewing the pot, eh?

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2016 5:07 PM

Many, many republicans will spend the next 5 months saying they will never ever vote for Trump.

On election day they will vote for Trump.

They will deny this to their dying day.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2016 5:07 PM

r35

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2016 5:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2016 5:10 PM

[quote][R4], you cannot piss off the majority of the American people and tell whites they are evil and win the White House.

Poor R4 is a low information voter who didn't get the memo after 2008 that white folks no longer control the outcome of a presidential election. Obama, for example, never won the white vote, you big dummy. In fact, he lost the white vote by sizeable margins. For the first time in history, the black vote and Latino vote were enough to cover the gap.

Get a grip, racist. No one will be kowtowing to your bullshit moving forward.

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2016 5:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2016 5:11 PM

OP is an ignorant terrorist-supporting cunt. So you're glad a career criminal, murderer, liar, and a terrorist is going to be our unelected illigitimate prez? Of course, since like most people you're an ignorant asshole.

More fake wars, more innocent people getting bombed, more gun control based on false events, more terrorism.

Please kill yourselves, assholes. Trump sux, but he ain't no murdering terrorist.

Hope you all die soon.

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2016 5:15 PM

r42: I don't think you meant to write r4

I await your apology

by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2016 5:17 PM

But Trump IS a buffoon.

The republicans have nominated a buffoon to be president of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2016 5:18 PM

Right now, Trump is polling with LESS white support than Romney got in 2012. CNN had a chart up on this earlier in the week.

Keep up, Republicans. You will lose again.

by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2016 5:19 PM

R47, watch this space. Trump will be elected on a tidal wave of anger against the elites.

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2016 5:20 PM

Yes R48. The VAST majority of Americans want to elect an orange buffoon to be their president.

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2016 5:22 PM

I would call it "impotent rage," r48

by Anonymousreply 50June 8, 2016 5:23 PM

R44...Forgot to take his meds.

by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2016 5:23 PM

I apologize, R45. Indeed, I meant to reference the supreme idiot of all supreme idiots, R7.

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2016 5:25 PM

This will end in tears

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2016 5:25 PM

[quote] She's an amazing woman. I'm now on-board the Hillary train

OP, welcome aboard. But if I may, if you recognize this about her who in the world were you rooting for before?

by Anonymousreply 54June 8, 2016 5:30 PM

R42, I'm just going to go ahead assume that you're that Janet Jackson idiot I caught trolling for Hillary the other day. Your stupidity is unmistakable. If you don't know the difference between the exception and the rule then you should refrain from calling anybody else 'low information.' I'll give you a hint, black turnout won't even come close to approaching 70% this election year.

And it won't just be Republicans, r39.

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2016 5:54 PM

I'm still uneasy about saying the words "President- Elect Hillary Clinton". Five months is a long time in politics. Anything can happen to derail a candidate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get to do my happy dance when I see the first black President hand over power to the first female President. It will be sad and hopeful at the same time. Hillary is far from perfect but the alternative is too frightening to consider.

I still have hope that the majority of Americans are still able to vote with their minds and not their emotions. Rational logic, common sense, stability and unity has to win over anger, lunacy, volatility and division. It will be a sad day for the country if the latter is triumphant in the end. We must let go of the past and look to the future.

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2016 6:04 PM

R55, you truly don't get it. The Democrats aren't selling a "whites are evil" message. That's just how you justify your hatred. The majority of Dem leaders are white, dumbass.

When Hillary, Bill, Barack, Michelle, Joe, Jill and Elizabeth Warren team up with every business leader and celebrity known to man, it's going to be an overwhelmingly strong message to Dems, independents, sane Republians, soccer moms, etc, etc.

Trump's one note, alienating, attention seeking, substance less verbal vomit won't be a match for all that. He will keep stepping in shit and lose. Big.

by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2016 6:05 PM

Let us remember that R55's party nominated Donald Trump to be president of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2016 6:11 PM

Please tell me she will send out an array of cankle selfies in celebration!

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2016 6:16 PM

Oh that cankles attack never fails to crack 'em up does it R59?

by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2016 6:20 PM

It's funny because it's true

by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2016 6:22 PM

R57 Another one fooled by the fix job. Trump is in Hill's pocket. She was already chosen to be Pres, Trump has been helping her. The lapdog is turning on her though. If Bernie runs third party it could be a mess. Hill,Bill and Trump's fix job could go wrong.

by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2016 6:27 PM

R62 nailed it

by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2016 6:29 PM

bernie can't run third party, it's too late

by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2016 6:30 PM

It's never too late since you could run as a write-in candidate

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2016 6:34 PM

You don't get it, r57/Janet Jackson stan/BLM member (which surprises no one). The Democratic Party panders to nonwhites by embracing their racial grievances which seek to demonize whites and characterize them as exclusively privileged, while characterizing nonwhites as the perpetual victims of white malevolence. The Democratic Party positions itself as the great white savior, here to protect nonwhites and illegal immigrants from those white evil doers out there.

I know that you BLM types reach orgasm at the thought of whites becoming irrelevant but unfortunately for you that isn't the case today. We are the only ones who have the ability to change the color of the entire map. You're going to have to keep edging awhile longer. I didn't write the post you initially replied to, but I do agree with it. My main issue with your post was your inability to distinguish the exception from the rule. Your party barely turnouts when it matters and there's no enthusiasm for your candidate, yet you think you're going to win big. Talk about comedy.

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2016 6:39 PM

Or perhap, R66, you are just a fucking idiot and the Democratic Party actually cares about the poor, people of color, people of different sexual preferences, people of different religions and others.

While, of course, the republican party cares only about aging, privileged white men and unborn fetuses.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2016 6:42 PM

Y'all should read the dirt comin' out about the Bernie campaign. The man hisself sounds like an angry demon. No doubt. And he has two evil assistant demons, one named Jane, and one named Jeff. After they lock him up in his coffin, late at night they roll aroun' de floor and have wet hot sex, spittin' an droolin' an squirtin' all over everythin. 'specially out there in the woods o' Vermont. Any time you read they goin back to Vermont, it's cuz of the hot sex.

by Anonymousreply 68June 8, 2016 6:43 PM

Trump has pissed off everyone that isnt a white straight male. His followers are as delusional and dumb as he is. Drumpf is going down!

by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2016 6:44 PM

R66, I posted r57 but I'm not a Janet Jackson fan. But since you're wrong about everything else, why wouldn't you be wrong about that, too. Dems will turn out big for this election.

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2016 6:44 PM

Who are the Bushes voting for? If they come out for Hillary, they will be stoned to death. But how could they possibly support Trump after the shellacking he gave to Jeb?

by Anonymousreply 71June 8, 2016 6:50 PM

Yeah, R71, America is waiting with bated breath to discover who the Bushes are voting for.

by Anonymousreply 72June 8, 2016 6:51 PM

Just the opposite, R39.

by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2016 6:52 PM

Its going to be like the good old days of Hillary and her lesbo posse in the hot tub at Camp David.

by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2016 6:52 PM

Yet black unemployment and poverty rates are still the highest. Not to mention that blacks in Chicago (and many other inner-cities) have to dodge bullets in their sleep. That sounds like a lot of caring to me, r67. Nonwhites (particularly blacks) are nothing more than pawns who can easily be manipulated through identity politics and racial divisions so Democratic party leaders can empower and enrich themselves and move to neighborhoods where people like you can't be found and while sending their kids to exclusive schools that you've never heard of. As far as you not being the Janet fan, I don't believe you. I've seen you go from white to black to Asian to female to young to old all in the same thread.

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2016 6:56 PM

Barbara Bush already said she would NEVER vote for Trump. So there.

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2016 6:56 PM

Yes R75, the minorities of this country and people in need desperately rely on the republican party to help them in times of need.

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2016 6:58 PM

The Clintons and Bushes are very close friends. George W. even called Bill his "brother from another mother."

by Anonymousreply 78June 8, 2016 7:06 PM

The Bushes are probably going to quietly vote for Hillary. They know her and Bill, they like them. Poppy likes Bill, they have a good relationship.

It's too bad they don't come out of the closet and just endorse them. Republicans minds would be blown. It would be hilarious to see the Bushes campaign for them in traditionally Republican venues. That would be the plainest possible way of saying the Republican party is dead. It needs a rehaul and to come back to reality.

by Anonymousreply 79June 8, 2016 7:06 PM

The Clinton campaign would not want a Bush endorsement. The best thing they could do for her is just quietly vote for her and continue not to endorse Donald Trump.

That is what many of the GOP establishment types will be doing, trying to verbally remain neutral on Trump but will vote for Hillary themselves.

by Anonymousreply 80June 8, 2016 7:11 PM

Just keep deflecting when the truth makes you uncomfortable, r77. Don't hurt your little head with all those unpleasantries.

by Anonymousreply 81June 8, 2016 7:31 PM

Factors making the election closer than Hillbots realize: only 10% (or less) of the electorate is in play as "persuadable" one way or the other. Millions of African-Americans disenfranchised (voter ID laws, ex-felons, shortage of polling stations in minority precincts). Bernie's fanbois and fangurlz not bothering to vote for HRC on the day. "October Surprise" terrorist attack. Women who can't take the time to vote on Tuesday election day (work, kids, etc.). White rage against her and Obama. Gerrymandered districts favoring the GOP, thereby suppressing Dem voter interest. Trump oppo research teams hammer away at Bill and HRC month after month.

by Anonymousreply 82June 8, 2016 7:43 PM

Anyone take a look at The Huffington Post today? Now one of the Koch brothers says he won't back Trump! Oh and several conservative leaders are calling for the Republican Party to dump Trump.

Quicksand!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 8, 2016 8:03 PM

Who are the Bushes voting for? They will do what thousands of Republicans will do - keep their mouths shut and vote for Hillary.

Mark Halpern and John Heilemann wrote two terrific books on the 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns, Game Change and Double Down. I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT for the inside dirt they'll put in the book on 2016. Would you care to come up with a title?

by Anonymousreply 84June 8, 2016 8:15 PM

I just hope they don't dump Trump before the election. What happens if they do? People voted for him. Won't they be mad? Who would they get, Ted Cruz? He may be a better liar, but he's just as disgusting. I don't want Booger-Man to be President.

by Anonymousreply 85June 8, 2016 9:15 PM

Then Michelle Obama will start her reign eight years later.

by Anonymousreply 86June 8, 2016 9:33 PM

Hillary will win but her neoconservative policies will guarantee her a one-term presidency.

by Anonymousreply 87June 8, 2016 9:33 PM

So, I went on-line to read about where Hills stands on the issues, and .....meh! What? Have you guys read where she stands on issues? It sounds just like all past Dem politicians. Nothing new, nothing exciting. What is she going to bring to the table that past Dems have not? She is not appealing to those of us who are frustrated with Washington and feel we need to clean house. Besides being Hillary and a woman, there's not much there.

by Anonymousreply 88June 8, 2016 9:44 PM

If you vote Hilary, you're voting Status Quo. Business as usual... If you're happy the way things have gone--Obama, Bush, Clintons, then , great! Some of us are SICK OF THE SAME OLD B.S.... Upset the apple cart! Take a Chance-- Trump is CHANGE!

by Anonymousreply 89June 8, 2016 9:53 PM

OP you've really drunk the Team Blue Kool-Aid, haven't you?

She's better than Trump, I'll give you that.

by Anonymousreply 90June 8, 2016 9:54 PM

Trump is not the kind of change anyone wants and change for its own sake is pointless and stupid, therefore he will lose.

Hillary will make an excellent president.

by Anonymousreply 91June 8, 2016 10:00 PM

Do we really believe Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate? Reince and Ryan are summiting with Romney in Utah tomorrow. The outcome may be interesting, and I doubt it will be in Turnip's favor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 8, 2016 10:01 PM

Will she use her one call from prison to pontificate to the masses? Have Huma hold the phone up to a megaphone? Gosh, we can only hope!

by Anonymousreply 93June 8, 2016 10:04 PM

R83 Have you been paying any attention? The GOP base has been in complete revolt against these self-important idiots. The more they spit on Trump, the more popular he becomes.

by Anonymousreply 94June 8, 2016 10:05 PM

The Rethuglicans don't have the juice to win at the national level anymore. They have to change their party but they refuse to do so and they will just keep right on losing the White House.

by Anonymousreply 95June 8, 2016 10:07 PM

R88, that's kind of a "man attitude." You really have to look at Hillary's bio to get her philosophy. She's a big believer in "soft power." She did a lot of teamwork with other people over the years to get things done that she did not officially get credit for, because she was lobbying or organizing or raising money or doing backroom deals to get bills passed. She's not one of those Trumpian "I'm in charge, it's my way or the highway" people. She's not trying to get credit for everything she did either. Everything I read about her is about being on a board or acting as a chairman or being on a House Committee. Let me put it to you this way; these are (some of) the organizations she's been a part of:

President of the Wellesley Young Republicans president of the Wellesley College Government Association editorial board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action (Volunteer) New Haven Legal Services (Staff Attorney) Children's Defense Fund in Cambridge, Massachusetts cofounded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families, board of directors of the Legal Services Corporation, chair of the Rural Health Advisory Committee chair of the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee Arkansas's Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth board of directors, sometimes as chair, of the New World Foundation first chair of the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession, board of the Arkansas Children's Hospital Legal Services chair of the Children's Defense Fund chair a Task Force on National Health Care Reform lobbied for State Children's Health Insurance Program helped create the Office on Violence Against Women initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act, lobbied to pass the Foster Care Independence Act, helped create Vital Voices founding chair of the Save America's Treasures head of the White House Millennium Council She served on five Senate committees: Committee on Budget (2001–2002), Committee on Armed Services (2003–2009) Committee on Environment and Public Works (2001–2009) Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009) Special Committee on Aging. Member of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (2001–2009).

This is a person that knows how to accomplish things. I think her background in doing this type of work has something to do with her detailed plans and programs that she puts forwards when she's offering a policy. She's actually done the day to day work. She's very interested in specifics due to her experience.

A person with this experience in the private sector would have some very high paid position. She's got a real breadth and depth of experience.

by Anonymousreply 96June 8, 2016 10:08 PM

Ugh, sorry about the formatting!

President of the Wellesley Young Republicans

president of the Wellesley College Government Association

editorial board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action

(Volunteer) New Haven Legal Services

(Staff Attorney) Children's Defense Fund in Cambridge, Massachusetts

cofounded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families,

board of directors of the Legal Services Corporation,

chair of the Rural Health Advisory Committee

chair of the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee

Arkansas's Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth

board of directors, sometimes as chair, of the New World Foundation

first chair of the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession,

board of the Arkansas Children's Hospital Legal Services

chair of the Children's Defense Fund

chair a Task Force on National Health Care Reform (Hillarycare)

lobbied for State Children's Health Insurance Program

helped create the Office on Violence Against Women

initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act,

lobbied to pass the Foster Care Independence Act,

helped create Vital Voices

founding chair of the Save America's Treasures

head of the White House Millennium Council

She served on five Senate committees: Committee on Budget (2001–2002),

Committee on Armed Services (2003–2009)

Committee on Environment and Public Works (2001–2009)

Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009)

Special Committee on Aging.

Member of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (2001–2009).

by Anonymousreply 97June 8, 2016 10:12 PM

R96 She is a corrupt failure, who has fallen short in nearly everything she's aimed for. At her age, she should have a laundry list of experience. Unfortunately for her, her expertise is in failure and dishonesty.

by Anonymousreply 98June 8, 2016 10:12 PM

R97 Most of the people I know are decades younger than her and have ticked off the same participation boxes. Listing all the things she's been a member of is not a list of actual accomplishment and excellence.

by Anonymousreply 99June 8, 2016 10:13 PM

Really? Most of the people you know have been Senators and Presidential nominees? Wow. Are you in Congress?

It's impossible to list an entire bio of someone here. That doesn't mean nothing ever happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 100June 8, 2016 10:15 PM

Trump is dangerous, his change equals chaos. He is not stable and he lacks follow though. He is not interested in learning about complex issues. We had W Bush, we can't afford another intellectually lazy president. In a complex world he would be the ruin of our country. His answer to these arguments would be "yeah you're ugly".

by Anonymousreply 101June 8, 2016 10:19 PM

Most of his friends have been First Ladies. He and Nancy were thick as thieves.

by Anonymousreply 102June 8, 2016 10:19 PM

[quote]It's never too late since you could run as a write-in candidate

impossible

by Anonymousreply 103June 8, 2016 10:19 PM

R97, years ago Bill said she was the brains in the family.

by Anonymousreply 104June 8, 2016 10:20 PM

[quote] President of the Wellesley Young Republicans

And hasn't changed since.

by Anonymousreply 105June 8, 2016 10:21 PM

Yes, when she campaigned for George McGovern, she was a Republican. Or Jimmy Carter. Because they were Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 106June 8, 2016 10:22 PM

[quote] What is she going to bring to the table that past Dems have not? She is not appealing to those of us who are frustrated with Washington and feel we need to clean house.

R88, it's time to grow up, dear. Those of you who hate all the candidates and feel you need to "clean house" rarely have any specific policies or legislation you wish to see enacted or supported.

We don't need something shiny, new and different. We need an experienced, diplomatic, competent person as POTUS. Trump can't give us that.

by Anonymousreply 107June 8, 2016 10:23 PM

R101 No. He's not obsessed with "change", he wants to get down to business and clean up the mess of our crumbling infrastructure, chaotic border run by human traffickers and disastrous trade deals. Some of you are looking for a god not a competent Executive in The Executive Office.

Some of you want a President who is your everything, your savior, your god. Someone who will dictate to you how you should live your life and interact with other people. It's just a job and a President who doesn't focus on defending The American People and our homeland, defending our Constitution and laws and respecting the use of tax money as allocated by Congress, is just a waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 108June 8, 2016 10:23 PM

She reminds me of the first bush:

Each had an impressive sounding resume, but neither had much on the list of accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 109June 8, 2016 10:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 8, 2016 10:25 PM

Oh fuck, if you are all so obsessed with revolution, fucking have one. Go out and start killing people. Storm a couple of bastilles. Let the blood run in the streets.

Or else, shut the fuck up already you noisy cowards.

by Anonymousreply 111June 8, 2016 10:27 PM

R111 has a point.

by Anonymousreply 112June 8, 2016 10:28 PM

R109 Exactly. She's just another damn Bush in a merkin.

by Anonymousreply 113June 8, 2016 10:29 PM

No, she's not anything like Bush, R113, but you have to be able to think in something other than cartoonish anti-Hillary slogans to figure that out.

by Anonymousreply 114June 8, 2016 10:32 PM

They want someone to do it for them, R111.

by Anonymousreply 115June 8, 2016 10:36 PM

Will somebody explain how things work to R108? I'm too tired.

by Anonymousreply 116June 8, 2016 10:38 PM

But I bet they would tweet the shit out of it R115!

They are good at tweeting. Really good.

by Anonymousreply 117June 8, 2016 10:38 PM

His name is spelled Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 118June 8, 2016 10:38 PM

R114 Most of her policy positions up until 2010 were exact replicas of Bush policies. The Bush and Clinton Presidencies just ran together.

by Anonymousreply 119June 8, 2016 10:38 PM

R116 Why did you even bother to reply?

by Anonymousreply 120June 8, 2016 10:39 PM

His name is spelled Orange Buffoon R118.

by Anonymousreply 121June 8, 2016 10:39 PM

No, R119, you're simply demonstrating your complete lack of understanding and insight into American politics with every successive post.

Democrats and Republicans aren't the same. Their parties are not the same. They have significantly different agendas. Hillary is nothing like Bush and has never been anything like Bush.

You people are primates throwing feces because you're bored. When you finish school and get a job, you'll begin to understand things differently (one hopes).

by Anonymousreply 122June 8, 2016 10:49 PM

ALL ABOARD THE HILLARY TRAIN! NEXT STOP THE WHITE HOUSE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 8, 2016 10:55 PM

R122 Read how they vote and listen to what they say in interviews. I don't care what people pretend to be, I care who they really are.

by Anonymousreply 124June 8, 2016 10:55 PM

[quote]If you're happy the way things have gone--Obama, Bush, Clintons, then , great!

Err R89 the Clinton years are considered one of the most prosperous (economically and politically) presidential reigns in modern history. The Obama years got us out of the brink of disaster.

I guess you were voting for Romney and Bush instead.

by Anonymousreply 125June 8, 2016 10:59 PM

SILENCE R83! You are interrupting our Freeper narrative. Now, where were we? Oh yes. Watch this space -- every white person will vote for trump and he will triumph on a tidal wave and then you will see you deluded beret wearing leftists!

by Anonymousreply 126June 8, 2016 10:59 PM

Oh fuck, I forgot my beret. Thanks for the reminder, R126.

by Anonymousreply 127June 8, 2016 11:01 PM

Make sure it's raspberry!

by Anonymousreply 128June 8, 2016 11:02 PM

Rumor has it., from a very credible source, that Hillary will pick Michelle Obama as her running mate. Since the Obamas are staying in Washington until Sasha graduates from high school, She wanted something yo do. So she will be Vice President.Hillary has a greed she will only be a one term president then Michelle will run and win and be President for two more terms. By then Chelsea will be ready to run.

by Anonymousreply 129June 8, 2016 11:11 PM

Damn Gwenn Ifil pisses me off. She has been a Clonton hater since the impeachment hearings. She shocked me back then when her reporting was so biased against Clinton - I was so amazed that PBS would allow her rather nastiness go unchecked. I always admired her before that and it was so disappointing to hear someone I thought would be fair and balanced not be.

Every once in a while I've checked in to see how she handles the Clintons and her bias is still discernible. I was just watching PBS and when some very balanced female reporter was explaining how there is enthusiasm for Hillary and that in personal settings, not just one on one, and in rooms where she comes that there IS a real excitement and her warmth comes through, Gwen just cut her off with, "Well we just saw her interview with Judy Woodruff so we'll let the viewers decide." This dismissiveness with someone who was trying to report what she witnessed and which was opposite of Hillary folklore was offensive.

by Anonymousreply 130June 8, 2016 11:31 PM

Gwen got a good nose

by Anonymousreply 131June 8, 2016 11:33 PM

She fills that anchor chair, that's for sure

by Anonymousreply 132June 8, 2016 11:42 PM

I've always liked Ifils but she has a problem with the Clintons and is unable to bring her usual objectivity to the table. She'll have to get over it, Hillary's going to be POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 133June 8, 2016 11:44 PM

Gwen will likely be called upon to moderate one of the Clinton-Trump debates.

by Anonymousreply 134June 8, 2016 11:45 PM

Hillary explaining Libya beautifully:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 9, 2016 12:56 AM

Hillary giving Fox News an ass kicking:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 9, 2016 12:58 AM

Like watching Jim & Tammy Faye on Nightline!

by Anonymousreply 137June 9, 2016 1:00 AM

R119, you're very young and very stupid. (typical Bernie profile).

by Anonymousreply 138June 9, 2016 1:07 AM

If for no other reason I hope gays will vote Hillary to protect/pad the Supreme Court. Ginsberg will be gone soon as will a few others. This is a critical time in history re the future of the Court.

by Anonymousreply 139June 9, 2016 3:08 AM

My new campaign slogan sums up what I have to offer the American people:

NOT INSANE.

by Anonymousreply 140June 9, 2016 3:13 AM

Trump's defeat will be historic. He will lose in a landslide greater than when McGovern only won Massachusetts in 1972.

by Anonymousreply 141June 9, 2016 5:30 AM

Hopefully, Hillary will win 50 out of 50!

by Anonymousreply 142June 9, 2016 5:53 AM

R129, Michelle and Hillary seriously dislike eachother according to many accounts. The chance of Hilary asking Michelle to be her running mate is HIGHLY UNLIKELY!

by Anonymousreply 143June 9, 2016 7:50 AM

Hillary has worked to hard to get elected - and she has lots of potential - but she has almost zero chance of doing anything really interesting. The Republicans hate her even worse than they hate Obama and they will continually fuck with her. She will limp through her four years ... but it's still amazing. First a black president - then a female president - it had to start somewhere ...

by Anonymousreply 144June 9, 2016 8:28 AM

Trump would at least be an interesting kind of terrible. Hillary is just... boring and terrible.

by Anonymousreply 145June 9, 2016 8:30 AM

Even Bob dole won 20 states.

by Anonymousreply 146June 9, 2016 4:28 PM

Trump won't win his home state ;)

by Anonymousreply 147June 9, 2016 4:49 PM

Elizabeth Warren is on CNN now tearing Trump a new asshole. She called him a racist bully. She says Donald, you should be ashamed of yourself. Calls Trump University a fraud, "you think you have a god-given right to steal people's money and get away with it."

"What you are doing Donald is a total disgrace...race-baiting.."

"A loud, nasty, thin skinned fraud that serves no one but himself..."

by Anonymousreply 148June 9, 2016 11:36 PM

ain't gonna happen OP.

Fat ass is going to get her ass kicked.

by Anonymousreply 149June 9, 2016 11:39 PM

Now she's attacking Paul Ryan for saying Trump is bad, but Ryan is the one trying to stop Judge Garland from being heard for the Supreme Court nomination. Also,. Mitch McConnell, etc. She's got balls, I'll give her that.

by Anonymousreply 150June 9, 2016 11:41 PM

Who is the delusional dyke at R142?

by Anonymousreply 151June 9, 2016 11:42 PM

Give it a rest R149 / R151. It's OVAH.

by Anonymousreply 152June 10, 2016 12:07 AM

You should have said Inmate Hillary Clinton, coming to a federal penitentiary near you.

by Anonymousreply 153June 10, 2016 1:55 AM

OK. I watched Elizabeth Warren speak at that event last night, and she was awesome. I watched her speak a couple other times recently, where she was excoriating Trump. Great. She must be the Dems' Hatchet lady. I watched Maddow last night to see her 30 minute interview with Warren.

Gotta say. While I agree with a lot of what Warren says, and I admire her, I think a little bit of Elizabeth goes a lonnnng way. She is way to excitable and intense. Way to "energetic." She's like, Hillary on Sterioids. When she told Maddow she would consider being VP, I cringed. I don't want her to be Vice President.

She's also very competitive. Sharp elbows, for sure. She could not do the important work Biden did in Congress or visiting the white middle class voters in the heartland. Elizabeth Warren as Hillary's VP It would be bad chemistry and they are way too similar in their beliefs.

But today, this morning, CNN had cameras staking out Hillary's Washington D.C. home, and Elizabeth Warren was seen arriving, then leaving with a big smile on her face. Of course the VP stakes rumors were on overdrive, right?

But here's what I think is going on. It's Hillary's version of triangulation. Bernie's speech at that rally in D.C. last night he never mentioned Hillary once, and he allowed his surrogate Cornel West to slam her without correcting him, and when his crowd of less than 3,000 people booed loudly, he never stopped them. In other words, it's business as usual.

So Obama releasing the video after they met, having Bernie go back to the Hill to meet & received the praise & congrats of his colleagues, all these coordinated endorsements, and now Hillary cozying up to Warren at her house, this is all the Dems saying to Bernie, you better get in line because we will do this with or without you.

They have already hired away Bernie staffers in charge of IT media data, and youth coordination. Bernie can either become a fringe figure, or he can join the party. Literally, and be viewed as the man who saved the party from devolvng into a mirror of the GOP>We need younger people & activists. But we can get there with or without Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 154June 10, 2016 4:56 PM

R136 You think her choking over finally being asked a question about why she refused to speak The FBI, the last time they asked her to, after pretending for months that she's always willing and available to talk with them, to be an "ass-kicking" of Fox News? Which planet do you live on?

by Anonymousreply 155June 10, 2016 4:59 PM

R155 for months, she's claimed she'll talk to the FBI whenever they ask her to, then it's revealed in that interview that she has been asked and she pleaded the fifth. But her bullshit excuse is that "er, um, everything's already public!"

That's not how criminal investigations work, Hillary. You're a lawyer. You know that.

by Anonymousreply 156June 10, 2016 5:01 PM

Canks is fuming over the refusal of the entire nation to drop everything and celebrate her resume...

And she actually wonder why so many are turned off by her entitled schtick!

What a dunce...

by Anonymousreply 157June 10, 2016 5:02 PM

The republicans nominated Donald Trump to be president of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 158June 10, 2016 5:04 PM

R158 And he should be. He's a good risk and unattached to any corrupt political clan with its nails dug-in in Washington. No more Bushes. No more Clintons.

by Anonymousreply 159June 10, 2016 5:11 PM

Tragedy of the two party system! That woman is another war criminal in the making. If only the election of Trump will guarantee a civil war in this country, which has been waging wars in the absolute most of its years. What comes around must , should go around. If so, these stupid ppl will finally pay attention! But, can it happen?

by Anonymousreply 160June 10, 2016 5:45 PM

Good luck in the general, HRC fans 😅

by Anonymousreply 161June 10, 2016 5:50 PM

don't forget the hot sauce!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 10, 2016 6:06 PM

R162 = racist Trump supporter trying to race-bait.

by Anonymousreply 163June 10, 2016 6:14 PM

Thanks R161.

I doubt that we will need it, but your kind support is deeply appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 164June 10, 2016 6:44 PM

Who the fuck is going to nominate Trump at the convention? Probably Fatso Chrisiy. And Donald will expound us with the great ratings he is getting. They will not have a balloon drop but a drop with all of his failed products- vodka, ties, steaks,,,,,what a freak show that is going to be.

by Anonymousreply 165June 10, 2016 7:24 PM

Anyone saying Trump will win is either a moron or a troll. Hillary will win in a blowout. She will flip even more red states than Obama. We're looking at a Reagan-level landslide in November, both electorally and in the popular vote. She has broad-based appeal to moderates in both parties and the left will largely back her as well. She will win far more independents than Trump, too. He can't even unify his own party, and he'll never win enough independents to overcome that.

by Anonymousreply 166June 10, 2016 7:29 PM

Nobody takes you seriously, r166. Not even other Hillary supporters. Trump has a sizable lead over Clinton among independents. In fact, even Gary Johnson beats Hillary among independents. Good lawd, I know you're scared but at least make an attempt to stay in touch with reality.

by Anonymousreply 167June 10, 2016 7:43 PM

Trump is gonna win YUGE. This is the year of throwing the bums out. Hold on to your parasols ladies.

by Anonymousreply 168June 10, 2016 8:47 PM

[quote] He can't be bought or sold

That's a big misunderstanding about Trump. Any deal in which he'd make more money by lying, he'll lie. He has no problem lying. Why would he ever keep his word? He's already demonstrated that it's practically impossible for him to keep his word.

by Anonymousreply 169June 10, 2016 9:19 PM

His own vanity governs whether he bothers to keep his word.

by Anonymousreply 170June 10, 2016 9:20 PM

R170 His vanity is one of the best things he has going for him. How many global elites even care what "the little people" think about them, anymore? For some reason, Trump is one of those billionaire anomalies who actually seems like he'd be humiliated and mentally tortured if he failed. I think he couldn't stand the failure of not delivering on his promises. The fact that he really cares what the masses think of him is almost quaint.

Hillary will say whatever it takes to get the power because she is already at peace with failing The American People. So, her promises don't pan out? She's already forgotten what she promised yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 171June 10, 2016 9:33 PM

I would really enjoy having President Trump. He's got such human flaws, whereas Hillary has all the personal touch of Facebook. Trump would get into late night Twitter yelling matches with journalists and ordinary people. He gives off a genuine sense of loving the USA. If he does half of what he promises with getting jobs back and ending predatory free trade he'll be the most loved Prez since FDR.

by Anonymousreply 172June 10, 2016 9:46 PM

Can you imagine having a beer with Hillary? That's why Trump is going to win. Having a drink with Trump would be fun.

by Anonymousreply 173June 10, 2016 9:56 PM

Biden's ass kicking of Trump yesterday was even more effective than Warren's. And got less attention.

by Anonymousreply 174June 10, 2016 11:07 PM

Trump doesn't drink beer or any alcohol.

I would meet him for coffee just to see how crazy he is, how vulgar, how dishonest. I'd go just to find out if he "left his wallet in his other pants" and needed me to cover the check. I'd go to see if I could goad him into ranting about the Blacks, or Jews, or whatever. But I wouldn't enjoy his company.

by Anonymousreply 175June 10, 2016 11:17 PM

Trump gives off a sense of wanting validation from people. But I don't get a sense that he cares about them. He hasn't done a lot for this country given his age and resources. It's always been about him. He helps out if it will benefit him, nothing more.

R172, I would be satisfied if he accomplished enough to be the best loved President since Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 176June 10, 2016 11:24 PM

Can you imagine having a beer with Hillary?

Hillary is a BIG drinker, R173. She drank John McCain an Lindsey Graham under the table.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 10, 2016 11:46 PM

I think if the GOP leadership leans hard enough, his businesses are affected, and his crowds are sparse, and he starts getting the hecklers,d harassment and ridicule, my guess is that he will happily tell everyone to go fuck themselves and just drop out and leave the GOP with nothing but Ted cruz. LOLOL! I can actually see Trump doing that. I don't think he wants to be in a debate with Hillary and he doesn't want to be bothered learning what he needs to know about the basics of government or issues. He thought this would be a coronation, a popularity contest. But his numbers are low and getting worse. No one wants to play in his sandbox and a lot of GOp leaders are boycotting the Convention. Trumpty Dumpty may end up having to look at Chris Christie all by himself and that is a repugnant concept in his mind.

by Anonymousreply 178June 11, 2016 1:21 AM

Where are you getting the idea that his numbers are low?

by Anonymousreply 179June 11, 2016 1:29 AM

In one day, he got enough people to show up tonight to pack a stadium. He was just passing through Virginia, decided to stop and is now speaking to a football stadium full of voters. He just mentioned it yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 11, 2016 1:31 AM

Trump rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181June 11, 2016 1:33 AM

Trump rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 11, 2016 1:34 AM

Trump rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 11, 2016 1:35 AM

Trump rally in Massachusetts.

Massachusetts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184June 11, 2016 1:36 AM

Trump rally in Connecticut, over-spilling into the outside. Connecticut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 11, 2016 1:38 AM

Hillary Clinton rally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 11, 2016 1:39 AM

Hillary Clinton rally. What they consider massive turnout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 11, 2016 1:41 AM

Rachel just showed the crowd in Virginia. The stadium in mostly empty and is artfully shot to appear more crowded.

However, there is no question that the country has millions of truly stupid people and I'm sure many of them would be happy to show up at a Trump political rally or reality show, whatever. It's all the same to them.

by Anonymousreply 188June 11, 2016 1:42 AM

R187 Compare to Trump rally turnout

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 11, 2016 1:43 AM

Trump, California rally. One of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 11, 2016 1:44 AM

R187, "massive turnout" is what will deceive the Trumpets that he is winning..

by Anonymousreply 191June 11, 2016 1:47 AM

R188 Oh yeah, it's all smoke and mirrors or CGI. Sure. The camera never pans to the crowd, it's almost always just on him. He just casually mentioned this yesterday and that many people showed up to rally. It's all just our imaginations. The pictures I posted are just a tiny slice of all the rallies he's packed.

Hillary is often shown from an angle, in a corner full of people and you later find out it was some back room at some county library. I bet you'll say nothing about that.

by Anonymousreply 192June 11, 2016 1:50 AM

YES< CHICKEN!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 11, 2016 1:52 AM

R188 "Reality show"? As opposed to Hillary fantasy adventure, where she only sent emails about Chelsea's wedding plans and yoga through her private, unsecured server?

by Anonymousreply 194June 11, 2016 1:53 AM

She is a fucking cunt. I hate that shrill piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 195June 11, 2016 1:54 AM

She is not a fucking cunt. The right-wing media have been portraying her that way for decades. The lies of Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, and the radio fascists, repeated often enough, sinks into the weak minds of you dittoheads.

by Anonymousreply 196June 11, 2016 2:14 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 11, 2016 2:26 AM

R192, I said nothing that you are implying I did say; so you are right, I'm not going to comment on whatever fantasy is fluttering around between your ears.

by Anonymousreply 198June 11, 2016 2:31 AM

R196, people have lost their critical thinking skills. They are easily conned by Trump, by Bill O'Reilly, etc. They know they're being lied to by the Fascist Right, but they don't care. Then they absorb the lies they hear, and they start believing it all.

Hillary will be a great President.

by Anonymousreply 199June 11, 2016 2:35 AM

R196 Even people who respect and admire her, say she is. The thing with being a cunt, though, is that you have to have a solid ground to cunt from and get away with it and she and Bill have built an empire of sand.

by Anonymousreply 200June 11, 2016 2:42 AM

R199 ...and goofy things like laws and The Freedom of Information Act!

by Anonymousreply 201June 11, 2016 2:43 AM

So the our choice in Nov is between a viper and rattlesnake. You'll take the rattlesnake because it's bite lets you live 15 minutes longer?

by Anonymousreply 202June 11, 2016 2:46 AM

R202 No. You vote for a non reptilian Dr. Jill Stein.

by Anonymousreply 203June 11, 2016 3:01 AM

Three thousand people showed up tonight for the Trump rally. Even the cops say it was a lot smaller than his previous rallies. Trump usually averages about 10-15,000 people. a few rare occasions he had in the low 20,000s. He has crowds for a reason. he might say something outrageous, or do something unexpected, he's entertaining and he is a TV celebrity.

Bernie got larger crowds, but in the final analysis, crowds don't mean much. Hillary got the votes. Votes mean everything. This thread is infested with Freeper assholes. Trump is scum and I don't know anyone who would ever consider voting for him. He absurd. A Buffoon. He speaks as if he's talking to 3rd graders. He has the intellect and personality of a 10 year old himself. He disgusts me. I hate Republicans, but even I'm embarrassed on their behalf even though they got what they deserved. A pig.

by Anonymousreply 204June 11, 2016 3:08 AM

R204 You are correct Trump is a pig. He'll win because America is a pig sty.

by Anonymousreply 205June 11, 2016 3:12 AM

The only people I know who are excited about Hillary are affluent whites, mostly Boomers. Everybody else either hates her or is indifferent towards her,

by Anonymousreply 206June 11, 2016 3:12 AM

R206 you need to live in a bigger world. Yours is way too small.

by Anonymousreply 207June 11, 2016 3:16 AM

It's all fine and dandy, except for the fact that Hillary has no chance of winning the electoral vote....

by Anonymousreply 208June 11, 2016 3:32 AM

r207 I live in the NYC metro area. Is that fucking big enough?

by Anonymousreply 209June 11, 2016 3:35 AM

Reuters poll today has Hillary up 11 points. She's rising and he's falling fast. Especially among independents.

by Anonymousreply 210June 11, 2016 3:37 AM

Hillary will be the next President. I share your sentiments exactly OP, in fact, I have been supporting Hillary since 2008.

I seriously question the sanity of anyone who supports Trump. He's burying himself each day with his mindless blabbering. No way can someone who causes such chaos and protester riots can ever be President. Even Hilter didn't cause riots among the Germans, but Trump does. Not saying Trump is evil like Hilter, but, y'all know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 211June 11, 2016 3:43 AM

[quote]Even Hilter didn't cause riots among the Germans

Ummmm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212June 11, 2016 3:53 AM

Oh look, Paul Ryan is grilled by Hugh level Republicans for supporting a demagogue like Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 11, 2016 3:58 AM

Americans do love their demagoguery. Obama, Clinton, Trump. A sure sign of the disintegration of a nation into chaos. Just like Germany in the 1920s.

by Anonymousreply 214June 11, 2016 4:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 11, 2016 4:20 AM

r214

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 11, 2016 4:21 AM

214 politics is like art

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 11, 2016 4:22 AM

Prediction: Nov 8 lowest voter turn out for presidential election ever.

by Anonymousreply 218June 11, 2016 4:25 AM

Hillary is going down. They've found some of the e-mails on her server WERE MARKED CLASSIFIED. They had portion marks. Documents them selves are classified at the highest level of any information in the document. Each classified paragraph is marked with whatever level it is classified as with a (C) for confidential, (S) for secret and so on. This indicates that the document she took this from was marked classified. She lied once again. She's toast.

by Anonymousreply 219June 11, 2016 4:29 AM

Democrats Will Learn All the Wrong Lessons From Brush With Bernie

Instead of a reality check for the party, it'll be smugness redoubled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 11, 2016 4:35 AM

If they had any brains, Beltway Dems and their clucky sycophants like Capeheart would not be celebrating this week. They ought to be horrified to their marrow that the all-powerful Democratic Party ended up having to dig in for a furious rally to stave off a quirky Vermont socialist almost completely lacking big-dollar donors or institutional support.

They should be freaked out, cowed and relieved, like the Golden State Warriors would be if they needed a big fourth quarter to pull out a win against Valdosta State.

But to read the papers in the last two days is to imagine that we didn't just spend a year witnessing the growth of a massive grassroots movement fueled by loathing of the party establishment, with some correspondingly severe numerical contractions in the turnout department (though she won, for instance, Clinton received 30 percent fewer votes in California this year versus 2008, and 13 percent fewer in New Jersey).

The twin insurgencies of Trump and Sanders this year were equally a blistering referendum on Beltway politics. But the major-party leaders and the media mouthpieces they hang out with can't see this, because of what that friend of mine talked about over a decade ago: Washington culture is too far up its own backside to see much of anything at all.

by Anonymousreply 221June 11, 2016 4:38 AM

Hillary will crush Donald like a bug and rightly so.

She's not exciting, she doesn't have her husband's charisma but that's all right. She's a smart, experienced, hard-working politician. She won't have the usual White House newbie jitters or rookie presidential mistakes. She's been there before, it won't overwhelm her.

She'll be fine as President and as an added bonus, her presidency will drive right-wing pigs insane. They can barely contain themselves now and I do so enjoy watching their heads explode in unison.

by Anonymousreply 222June 11, 2016 4:39 AM

Oh my, the anti-Hillary freak is a busy little bee.

It won't work but carry on, hun, at least it gives you something to do.

by Anonymousreply 223June 11, 2016 4:40 AM

What about MEEEEEEE?

by Anonymousreply 224June 11, 2016 6:58 AM

The more Trump is "scripted", wedded to a TelePrompTer to control him, the more people, and the media, will lose ineterest in him.

Last night's disaster in Richmond is just the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 225June 11, 2016 7:35 AM

The Left and the Right are starting to unite around Trump against the elites in the Middle. There are lots of Bernie supporters who will look at Trump and Hillary and say, "Fuck the whole corrupt system, let it burn" and vote Trump. Lots of right wingers think the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 226June 11, 2016 8:54 AM

There may be some BernieBros that will cross over parties and vote for Trump, but most of them will no doubt be able to make a grown-up choice of who to vote for. There will probably also be Republicans who can't stomach the idea of a Trump presidency and end up voting for Hillary. I don't think there's any reason to lose sleep over this, though.

by Anonymousreply 227June 11, 2016 9:12 AM

R213 You don't get it, Americans are in revolt against both parties. The more these establishment politicians rally against trump, the stronger he becomes in the eyes of his supporters. Some of you are operating like it's 2006. Quite a bit has changed about the political landscape of The USA in just a year.

by Anonymousreply 228June 11, 2016 11:55 AM

R227 Every time Hillary has been trusted by Americans in an official capacity, she has violated that trust. Every single time. She has a problem with lying and she's not going to fix it before January 2017.

by Anonymousreply 229June 11, 2016 11:56 AM

she eats meat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 11, 2016 11:57 AM

R218 The primary turn out for Trump was the biggest in history. Way beyond what Bush Jr. could draw and he had and that was just years after 9/11. 73% of Republicans showed-up just to ensure he got the nomination. I'm a registered Independent, so i couldn't even vote in the primaries and there are many, many like me.

by Anonymousreply 231June 11, 2016 12:01 PM

R148 Elizabeth Warren is a sell-out who has revealed herself as unstable: She can't control herself.

There's a reason Eric holder made the time from his job on Wall Street to rally with Hillary in Connecticut and that's because she's Jamie Dimon's special girl. A couple of years ago, Warren was chewing-out the same figures Hillary was giving speeches to (secret speeches, ones she refuses to release the transcripts from) and who she has massive donor money from.

Now, as we know, Hillary has no obligation to share transcripts or video from those Wall Street speeches. But she's running for President. Her lawyer game of passive-aggressive deflection and smug silence, won't work in this context.

by Anonymousreply 232June 11, 2016 12:11 PM

Redstate is covering this story. No one seems to know if the case has merit, but a woman says she was thirteen years old in the 1990s, Trump and Jeffrey Epstein raped her. She filed a lawsuit in April.

I googled it and there's a lot of stories about it. I suppose sooner or later it's going to hit the MSM.

Bill Clinton was also hanging around Epstein, so what a mess. I'm sure that why Hillary's not touching it. What's wrong with all these rich white guys? Can you imagine what's going to happen if both men did the same thing? Then what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233June 11, 2016 12:49 PM

R233, how do you think they got into power in the first place? The Epsteins of this world never let anyone get into politics unless they are blackmailable.

by Anonymousreply 234June 11, 2016 3:44 PM

R23 Please stop. Murdoch wanted Hillary to win in 2008. By Hill's admission Fox News was fair to her. as much as I dislike her, she actually won the popular primary vote. Obama sleazed it from her.

R233 I've heard that Bill was fucking the underage girls not Trump. However Epstein events took place at Mar-A -Lago. However I don't put anything past wicked people like Clinton and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 235June 11, 2016 3:56 PM

Why is she always shoveling junk food into her pie hole?

by Anonymousreply 236June 11, 2016 4:39 PM

Donald will be spending Christmas on suicide watch. He will get fatter and hairier then Al Gore when he loses.

by Anonymousreply 237June 11, 2016 5:15 PM

What r236?

by Anonymousreply 238June 11, 2016 5:31 PM

R235, I heard that too. But if this girl's claim is true, they were both doing it. She claims she was kept as a sex slave for four months and raped by Epstein and Trump. Age thirteen.

by Anonymousreply 239June 11, 2016 5:37 PM

R230 she eats meat....

Not mine.

by Anonymousreply 240June 11, 2016 6:09 PM

She looks like gollum with her precious taco

by Anonymousreply 241June 11, 2016 6:13 PM

R233 "...whether true or not..."

THAT is your resource. It doesn't really matter if it's true, the rumor is scandalous! Except a judge has already squashed it because it was deemed totally false and anonymously filed by someone who sounds like a lawyer. It was exposed as a lie.

But gosh, whether it's true or not, Trump's just awful! Focus on the emotions not the facts!

by Anonymousreply 242June 11, 2016 6:31 PM

When was it found to have no merit? There's recent reporting about it.

by Anonymousreply 243June 11, 2016 6:36 PM

[quote] Hillary Clinton rally. What they consider massive turnout.

It appears that Clinton supporters appear where it matters - to vote. She has more votes than Trump and Sanders.

But, by all means, keep underestimating the dedication of her supporters.

by Anonymousreply 244June 11, 2016 6:44 PM

I researched it more. Sounds like she filed it alone, no lawyer, herself. Further reporting says she tried a bunch of lawyers but no one will take it. She states her net worth is $278.

If no one will take it, I don't think it's politically motivated. Someone that wanted to get rid of Trump would happily get a lawyer for her or anonymously donate to her legal fund. She seems like she's acting pretty much alone, and nobody will help her.

So either she just wanted money from Trump, who should have been smart and paid her off, or this really happened, and nobody's going to listen because nobody wants to take on both Trump and Epstein. So will the same lawyers that wouldn't take this case, take one against Bill Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 245June 11, 2016 6:47 PM

I would love to know how much the occupancy rate has fallen in Trump hotels....and most of the idiots who go to Trump rallies are looking for a fight. HILLARY is going to knock him out.

by Anonymousreply 246June 11, 2016 7:02 PM

SOME PEOPLE SAY Trump and another dude tag-team raped a little girl.

by Anonymousreply 247June 11, 2016 7:03 PM

Some people that say it is the little girl herself, now grown, in a legal document. That's not quite "some people."

by Anonymousreply 248June 11, 2016 7:06 PM

The more Hillary's acolytes DEMAND voters worship their goddess the more votes they will lose. Keep up the good work.

by Anonymousreply 249June 11, 2016 7:11 PM

Fish gotta swim...

Cankles gotta cank...

Hill's a fucking pig...

And, that's why she's so stank...

by Anonymousreply 250June 11, 2016 7:15 PM

I don't know who to vote for....they both have hairy toes!

by Anonymousreply 251June 11, 2016 7:29 PM

Life-long Dem here. A vote for anybody other than Hillary is NOT a vote for Trump. Please let go of such simple-minded logic. That is why we are trapped with the two worst candidates for President in the history of our country! Go ahead! Stop being terrified that the "other guy" is going to win! We could've had a female president last time if people would've just voted for Jill Stein of the Green Party last time around. Does not this race prove for all that by voting for the least of two evils, that you are going to end up with evil anyway? Vote independent and send the message to the entrenched parties that you are not going to play their game anymore.

by Anonymousreply 252June 11, 2016 8:11 PM

We could have had me for President if only millions of people had voted for me. Why not? After all, almost nobody in America has ever heard of me, they have no idea what my political views are, and I could have run for President every election for the last twenty years and you'd never know. Just like Jill Stein.

The only difference is I'm not some egotistical asshole who thinks the sun rises and sets in her ass.

by Anonymousreply 253June 11, 2016 8:19 PM

The moment Hillary wins the presidency the Republican Congress will confirm Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court. He's very moderate and the best choice they can hope for. Hillary will nominate a justice more liberal than Merrick if she gets a chance.

by Anonymousreply 254June 11, 2016 9:06 PM

Scottish view here. It's clear to us at least,that HRC will be a fantastic President...highly competent and,in all probability,very charismatic. It is also clear to us that Obama is already all of the above. All the debate on this subject reminds me of this well known statement...never argue with idiots,they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience and onlookers won't be able to tell the difference!

by Anonymousreply 255June 11, 2016 9:17 PM

R253 We could have had me for President if only millions of people had voted for me. Why not? After all, almost NOBODY IN AMERICA HAS HEARD OF ME, they have no idea what my political views are,

Because Hillbots like you R253 regurgitate all the spoon fed corporate media pablum you gladly gobble while vomiting up the Clinton kool aide you mindlessly drink watching the establishment corporate media shill your goddess. 24/7. to the EXCLUSION OF OTHER CANDIDATES. That's why you fanatical ignoramus.

by Anonymousreply 256June 11, 2016 9:24 PM

[quote]Scottish view here. It's clear to us at least,that HRC will be a fantastic President...highly competent and,in all probability,very charismatic. It is also clear to us that Obama is already all of the above. All the debate on this subject reminds me of this well known statement...never argue with idiots,they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience and onlookers won't be able to tell the difference!

I'm glad to hear there are people outside the US who prefer HRC for president.

by Anonymousreply 257June 11, 2016 9:28 PM

R255

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258June 11, 2016 9:42 PM

R255 Scottish view ,she did a terrible job as The Secretary of State. Libya is a non-state as is Syria, Egypt went to The Brotherhood and was saved in spite of Obama and Hillary. The idiotic bombing in Belgrade in 1999 was her idea. She is a war criminal. Not to mention Bill Clinton enlisted Trump in this election to help Hill. In Britain, you have had dubious PMS, but you have had nothing like Bush Jr, Obama and now potentially Hil.

by Anonymousreply 259June 11, 2016 9:44 PM

Stein received 0.36% of the popular vote in 2012 and no delegates. And you're blaming me for that?

Thank you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260June 11, 2016 10:05 PM

American leftists value the opinions of foreigners (but only if they're European or of European descent) more than they value the opinions of Americans, so naturally they think the rest of us feel the same way. Which means that whenever you see a post by someone claiming to be a foreigner (who has such an inflated ego that they think they can tell us what's best for us) who just so happens to be shilling for a left-wing candidate, they are actually an American leftist.

by Anonymousreply 261June 11, 2016 10:30 PM

Significant plot point missed R260. How much media coverage did Jill Stein get in 2012? Your are clueless.

by Anonymousreply 262June 11, 2016 10:31 PM

I just can't get excited about Hillary. She's a corporate/Wall Street whore like all the rest of them. She was part of the catastrophic cabal that destabilized North Africa and sent millions of migrants loose, she's too Establishment. She's also been around forever and people are tired of seeing her face, and she's really getting too fucking old to still be front and center in politics.

by Anonymousreply 263June 11, 2016 10:33 PM

What rubbish! There is a HUGE difference between moi and the Donald :

I'm wearing pearls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 11, 2016 10:41 PM

R256 Has it. Third party candidates like Jill Stein don't stand a chance in hell because of the establishment corporate media's death grip on american elections. . According to an article in Politico ..., the owners and largest shareholders of the largest news sources (NBC, Time Warner [owner of CNN parent company Turner Broadcasting], Reuters, Fox, Bloomberg, etc.) are all on record as having donated very large sums of money to the Clinton Foundation. Carlos Slim (Chairman & CEO of Telmex, largest New York Times shareholder) and James Murdoch (21st Century Fox) were two of the very largest contributors that we know about. Murdock's father, Rupert Murdock, has a long history of donating to both political parties. Is the news biased when it comes to politics simply because they're backing the likely winners? Or because they're protecting an investment and they pick the candidates in both political parties they think are most likely to play ball.

by Anonymousreply 265June 12, 2016 12:02 AM

You're both conveniently missing that Jill Stein's ideas are not majority ideas. Just the fact that she was on a stage with the two main candidates doesn't guarantee that everyone is going to agree with everything she says and want to vote for her. Being an old hipster does not automatically qualify you for the Presidency. She's another case of someone that wants to run for high office with no name recognition to speak of, but where's her time as city councilwoman? Mayor? Governor? House of Representatives? The Senate? Any office with national attention anywhere?

Stein was elected to the Town Meeting Seat, Precinct 2 (Lexington, Massachusetts) in March 2005 local elections. She received 539 votes, for 20.6% of the total vote. Stein was re-elected in 2008, finishing second of 13 vying for eight seats.

Stein ran for Massachusetts governor twice and lost, Massachusetts House of Representatives in 2004 and lost, Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth in 2006 and lost, President in 2012 and lost. She is well known in Massachusetts by now. She keeps losing.

You don't have to be on the national news to run for local offices, get name recognition and work your way up. I could see third party, Independent candidates running on local issues and getting elected. Then getting elected to higher federal office. That's what Bernie did. But, "Nobody's ever heard of me outside my state, and I've never held high office, and no matter how many times I run, I don't win except for one office with 536 votes, so I think I'll run for President"? A lot of completely anonymous people have more tumblr followers than that. She's unelectable. How do I know? She can't get 600 votes. The poor version of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 266June 12, 2016 12:28 AM

R266 = Gary Johnson

by Anonymousreply 267June 12, 2016 12:32 AM

Gary Johnson's going to get a lot more votes than Jill Stein. He'll get all the "I hate Trump but I'm a Republican" votes.

by Anonymousreply 268June 12, 2016 12:33 AM

R266 Hillbot reminding you any candidate who is not HER or with HER is a "poor version of Trump".

by Anonymousreply 269June 12, 2016 12:38 AM

R269, transferring the hero worship from Bernie to Stein right on time.

by Anonymousreply 270June 12, 2016 12:45 AM

We defer to Hillbot acolyte R270's expertise since they wrote the book on heroine worship

by Anonymousreply 271June 12, 2016 12:57 AM

There's a difference between irrational hero worship and voting for Herr Trump to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Some day, when you grow up, you'll realize real life isn't going to be perfect in every way no matter how long you hold your breath until you turn blue. Is Hillary perfect? No. But she's not Trump. In real life, one of them is going to be President. Not some magical unicorn that comes out of the wings. If you don't care now, you will then.

by Anonymousreply 272June 12, 2016 1:06 AM

Blah blah blah blah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 12, 2016 1:15 AM

R272 You don't have to be post menopausal, even a 10 year old knows ya can't polish a turd and make people eat it but you keep right on buffing away till Nov 8 when she will finally be flushed.

by Anonymousreply 274June 12, 2016 1:36 AM

To be fair. Let the voters compare the plus and minus of what Mrs Clinton has to offer us:

- Voted for Iraq war.

- Corrupt

- no vision just ambition

+ not insane

by Anonymousreply 275June 12, 2016 2:02 AM

‏@Snowden

Politics: the art of convincing decent people to forget the lesser of two evils is also evil.

by Anonymousreply 276June 12, 2016 2:10 AM

Time for Dessert!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277June 12, 2016 2:18 AM

Always feeding her face...

by Anonymousreply 278June 12, 2016 2:37 AM

That's Madame President for you, R277.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 12, 2016 2:40 AM

[quote]American leftists value the opinions of foreigners (but only if they're European or of European descent) more than they value the opinions of Americans, so naturally they think the rest of us feel the same way. Which means that whenever you see a post by someone claiming to be a foreigner (who has such an inflated ego that they think they can tell us what's best for us) who just so happens to be shilling for a left-wing candidate, they are actually an American leftist.

I'll just let the sheer mind-numbing stupidity of this statement speak for itself.

by Anonymousreply 280June 12, 2016 2:50 AM

An indictment on the emails is seen by the GOP as an HRC campaign killer and a deus ex machina resolution to their problems with Trump. They may be right. Regardless, if an indictment comes down and Clinton doesn't withdraw (which I say is likely), then there's going to be an incredible amount of sturm und drang: indignation and self-righteous slander from the right, and a lot of apologists and excuses for why it's not so terrible to potentially leak classified material from the left.

[cringing already]

by Anonymousreply 281June 12, 2016 2:53 AM

You may be a life-long Democrat, but a delusional one if you can't grasp that we have a 100% binary (TWO-Party) system.

There are two kinds of people I've never understood. Egoists who run third-party Presidential campaigns, and the loons who THROW AWAY a vote that could have supported the better candidate of the two major (with actual chance to win) parties. Third pary votes are automatically votes FOR "the greater of two evils" to put it in ridiculous words you're sure to understand!

You never took statistics did you?

by Anonymousreply 282June 12, 2016 3:06 AM

Democrats only win when Democratic turnout is high. I've seen nothing that indicates to me that Democratic turnout in 2016 will be any better than 2004, so I have to idea why Hillary supporters are so confident. Perhaps they're hoping that if they put it in the atmosphere it will come true.

by Anonymousreply 283June 12, 2016 3:12 AM

Awwwww r280, are your feelings hurt because I didn't believe your obvious troll post? Your first ever reply to this thread was an almost immediate response to that fake ass 'I'm Scottish and you Americans are dumb for not supporting Hillary' post and your second one was a butthurt reply to a post (which seemed to only get under your skin, but no one elses. What a coincidence) correctly pointing out that the Scottish post is a (very obvious) troll post. Try harder next time, toots.

by Anonymousreply 284June 12, 2016 3:50 AM

On Nov 9 the new thread will be:

Mayor-Elect of Cahappaqua Clinton

by Anonymousreply 285June 12, 2016 4:07 AM

R283 Both demos and repubs will stay away from the polls in droves in Nov. Two toxic candidates will see to that.

by Anonymousreply 286June 12, 2016 4:10 AM

Historical parallels are always tendentious. But loss aversion has been instrumental in the success of authoritarian movements around the world. The political scientist Kurt Weyland has argued that it played a crucial role in the rise of such regimes in Latin America, where the fear of Communism drove putatively democratic societies toward the radical solution of strongman rule. Trump may not quite be an American Perón, but, to his supporters, his unpredictability is a selling point rather than a flaw. Hillary Clinton has recently been emphasizing what a risk Trump represents. That’s fine when rallying the Democratic base and appealing to genuine independents. But it will only make Trump more popular with those who already believe in him. When he says, “We’re losing our country,” it doesn’t sound overwrought to his supporters. It sounds like the truth. For them, Trump is the long shot who may come in and give them back all that they have lost. ♦

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 12, 2016 4:24 AM

R286, yeah I think this is going to be the most demoralizing election in the history of elections. Democrats don't do well with the whole vote against thing, they need to be inspired in order to turnout. Republicans are much better at voting against non-Republican candidates. Plus I think Trump will bring some voters who don't vote regularly to the polls. I think turnout in general will be low but Republican turnout will still be higher than Democratic turnout. It would be great to have an Independent candidate with a real shot and not just representing a protest vote. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 288June 12, 2016 4:39 AM

Trump is the consummate performer, dumb as a fox, knowing exactly how to derive the most from each public moment. Compared to the lacklustre, scolding, shrill Clinton, Trump is a breath of fresh air and fun. Americans invented reality shows to highlight their absurdist culture, and to them, Trump is a reality show star, someone who may know nothing about leading, let alone rehabilitating, their degenerating country, but is perceived as making the job fun while providing a good time for all.

by Anonymousreply 289June 12, 2016 4:48 AM

@thenation

"Elections alone cannot defeat the populist right; we have to drain the swamp from which they gather their bait."

by Anonymousreply 290June 12, 2016 5:02 AM

What celebrities will be invited to sleep over at the White House when The Clintons get in again?

by Anonymousreply 291June 12, 2016 5:11 AM

Trump is a fool,look up the definition in a dictionary...no other words required.

by Anonymousreply 292June 12, 2016 5:16 AM

Every statistician and follower of election trends will tell you the same thing - Hillary Clinton will most likely be our next President. Trump is digging a bigger hole for himself every day,

by Anonymousreply 293June 12, 2016 6:27 AM

I'm going to savor the sweet Freeper meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 294June 12, 2016 6:41 AM

R293 You faith is quite touching.

by Anonymousreply 295June 12, 2016 7:31 AM

The gays will finally get their chance to see the destruction of the GOP. Oh how much we have waited for this moment. Sit down, get the popcorn ready, and enjoy the show.

by Anonymousreply 296June 12, 2016 7:46 AM

Fascinating read!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297June 12, 2016 8:42 AM

The bullshit that the mainstream media has been feeding the public has become nauseating with the lies that Hillary is the first female presidential candidate in American history.. She certainly is not by any means yet the mainstream media and her supporters still try to force it upon the public. The very first female in American history to run as POTUS was Victoria Woodhull back in 1872 which was almost 50 years before women were given the right to vote in 1920 .

If you want to discuss the most recent female candidates to run for president that would be Dr. Jill Stein of the Green Party who ran on the Green Party ticket back in 2008 and again in 2012 and is currently the presumptive presidential nominee for 2016 and as well as Mary Scully who is currently running as an independent socialist . A total of 10 women before Hillary won the nominations of their parties as Presidential candidates.. So cut with the bullshit already that Hillary made "history" the correct thing to say is that she followed the lead of other women throughout history.. It is true however that she is the first female of the current two major parties to run for president once it becomes official that she has won the Democratic party nomination in July.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 12, 2016 10:13 AM

r298, that's fucking stupid. They always qualify with it "major party." There's only two major parties in America. Hillary's the first woman to get the nomination of one of the major parties, the first woman with a legitimate shot at actually becoming President.

by Anonymousreply 299June 12, 2016 11:22 AM

[quote] The bullshit that the mainstream media has been feeding the public has become nauseating with the lies that Hillary is the first female presidential candidate in American history.

Please link to one mainstream media source that has made this claim.

by Anonymousreply 300June 12, 2016 11:28 AM

R298 What is it you don't seem to understand? That Hillary is not the first female presidential candidate in American history? Nobody will argue that Hillary is the first of the two current major political parties to have more or less secured the nomination of her party and that will become official in July when the DNC has it's convention.. But do not ply us with this bullshit that she somehow has made history and all the women before her who won the nominations of their parties to run as a presidential candidate are to be erased from history and they were not trailblazers.

There were 10 women before Hillary who won the nominations of their parties to run as presidential candidates and there are currently two other women who are running for POTUS and that is Jill Stein from the Greens who is running for the third time and Mary Scully who is an Independent Socialist. At least I am willing to give Hillary some credit as she attempted to correct the media and stated she was the first female candidate from a major political party to run for president only after other feminists called her out on the fact she wasn't the first female to ever run for POTUS. Some mainstream media outlets are still ignoring however that other women before Hillary ran for President.

by Anonymousreply 301June 12, 2016 12:07 PM

The press has repeatedly said that she is the first presidential candidate of a MAJOR party. Stop acting like a clueless idiot. Just like the moron going on about emails no one cares about and ignoring statistical analysis of accurate polling. The same polls that correctly predicted that HRC would beat Bernie, bc they look at the big picture, not republican talking points. BTW I live in a Hispanic community and boy are POC hung ho about voting out any possibility of a Trump. If you don't thing dems are motivated to bite off a nut and/or vote for a very competent Clinton then you are clearly hanging out with Fox News idiots who have no critical thinking skills. Hell even some republicans are motivated to vote for Clinton bc they are scared shitless that their businesses and investments will be ruined by a Trump presidency.

by Anonymousreply 302June 12, 2016 1:51 PM

I'd love to ask 100 people walking down Broadway if they've ever heard of Jill Stein. I imagine those answering no would be over 90%.

Just saying.

That FLORID assessment by Henry Louis Gates TWENTY YEARS AGO from a SINGLE conversation is a huge "MARY!" I mean, he's an academic whose only job is to point out what we're ALL doing wrong in society, and then not help fix any of it. I mean, it is an actual job, but in the years I've followed him, he has proven to be consistently thin-skinned and very prone to butt-hurt. Like an equally entitled+black Bernie Sanders, but slightly more volatile.

Remember how President Obama had to referee the "beer summit" with him and a local cop after the front porch donnybrook? As nasty as that situation was, remember how completely unable Gates was to self-mediate the situation before allowing it to be a tsunami? He showed zero impulse control. I cannot imagine what Hillary did to set him off in their ONE meeting, probably talked about taking actions to accomplish something other than just writing a SCATHING paper about it!

by Anonymousreply 303June 12, 2016 3:34 PM

In Hillary's film footage that was shown of women pioneers in politics, Shirley Chisholm was shown. Shirley Chisholm ran for President as a Democrat but did not get the nomination. She was the first black woman in Congress. Anyone of a certain age knows that. And they can recognize Shirley Chisholm's face and know who she is, she was well known. Wikipedia:

Chisholm's legacy came into renewed prominence during the 2008 Democratic presidential primaries, when Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton staged their historic 'firsts' battle – where the victor would either be the first major party African-American nominee, or the first woman nominee – with observers crediting Chisholm's 1972 campaign as having paved the way for both of them.

Hillary used historical footage of a historical figure in her campaign video. If some millennials have no idea who Shirley Chisholm is, that's a shame, but it's not Hillary's fault because she didn't dumb it down enough for you. You should know who she is, she's a big deal in the history of women's rights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 12, 2016 3:46 PM

If you don't know who Shirley Chishom is, and you didn't understand that Hillary was paying tribute to her, she is at 17 seconds in this video. Right after the women of Seneca Falls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 12, 2016 3:49 PM

[quote]Exactly five months to the day, we can hear these words broadcast around the world. I am so fucking excited! '

OP, how's that cunty frauy stuff workin' out for 'ya?

by Anonymousreply 306February 8, 2020 2:54 PM

Killary will never be president! She tried and failed TWICE! lmao

by Anonymousreply 307February 8, 2020 2:55 PM

HM. Why are all these 2016 threads being bumped?

I can only assume it's a cackhanded attempt at psyops.

Bye, Russia! You'll always be a shit hole.

by Anonymousreply 308February 8, 2020 3:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!